Speaker 1: Five O five U k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seriously Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Will a vacation.
Speaker 4: Literally everything, and I'll use a vacation next week. I am taking next week off. Brian Thomas here, Glad to be Sean McMahon in there where a just trekker normally is in the executive producer booth. Good to see you, Sean Man. I'm always appreciative. And when you show up and cover for Joe, he does a great job. So Joe will be out for a couple of weeks, uh and taking care of matters in his world, and I wish him all.
Speaker 1: The best in that regard.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from you if you feel free to call. Maybe something on your mind, maybe you participated in a protest over the week, and kind of laughing at the the interviews of the folks, I don't even know that they know why they're out there, and when they say why they're out there, they don't really make a whole lot of sense. Five went three seven D eight two three taco at pound five fifty on at and T Funds coming up on the fifty five KRCSEY Morning Show. Scott Warman from the Inquiry. He's taking over for Sharon cool and she's now working for the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office in her role as I guess spokes person or whatever. She's not with the inquire anymore anyway. So Scott Warmon's gonna be doing the local reporting. I'll be following since I city council mayor, I have to have Purvaal, I'll be following I suppose the County Commissioners, which he did do a lot of reporting on. So looking forward to have Scott covering U for local politics. Someone's got to do it. Smither event seven twenty Every Monday at seven twenty, we here from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati today no different than norm Christopher Smith, and I feel absolutely horrific. I was supposed to have lunch with Christopher on Friday, and as I've said so many times before, my brain gets the shut down. When the mic turns off at nine o'clock in the morning on Friday, I don't have to fire my brain up until Sunday morning, when I wake up and start worrying about what I'm going to be talking about in the morning show. Well, my brain shut down on Friday, like it normally did. And I just pretty much slept right through my lunch with Christopher. Felt terrible. Christopher, if you're out there, brother, I told you a million times how sorry I was, and I'm saying it out loud on the radio. Boy, it's just so embarrassing. Money money with Brian James. I don't even know what we're talking about with Brian this morning eight o five. Didn't get a list of topics. Maybe Sean can call him up earlier so it can do a rundown on that. I'm sure we can do it on the fly. Not a problem with that. Brian James. Monday, Monday, all word financial and Todd Sledgeman since AFA returns. I got some stuff to talk about with him at eight forty. So helping out the American veteran. Todd's doing it each and every day. So sign up for your VA benefits. And uh we did the care starts now Gallas Saturday night. And props to everybody who was involved in that. What a fantastic event it was. I'm still feeling a little bit sluggish from the festivities. Didn't get home till real late. Maybe had one extra cocktail that shouldn't have firing on a couple extra a couple less cylinders. This morning, I am five three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk go with pound five point fifty on eighteen and T phones. If you've got something to say, I would love to hear from you. So there's our lineup this morning. And uh, I thought there was something else I wanted to mention.
Speaker 1: Maybe it don't come to me.
Speaker 4: Anyhow, Elon must refer to them as puppet masters. Whoever is behind the anti Trum demonstrations over the weekend, handing out all these pre written materials, handing out all these pre printed the fascist Trump Ze must Go posters and placards, And I'm not quite sure what they're hoping to accomplish. And I always giving perspective that you know, it's twelve thousand or twelve hundred rallies cities across the United States and across the world and everything again, well, you know, there are a lot of useful idiots in the world, and you got social media, and you have a well organized campaign with a lot of really big moneyed interests. Speaking of oligarchs and these evil billionaires, who in the health do you think actually funded all of this. I mean, you know, say what you want about the Trump administration and Elon Munk. I'm sorry, billionaire Elon Musk. You're supposed to put that word in there before you mentioned Elon musk name, So don't forget it's always billionaire Elon Musk, like billionaire George Soros.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're on the other side as well. And maybe the billionaires on the right side of the political ledger should probably fund some campaigns and get people organized on social media and show up in twelve hundred cities around the United States and show that well, there are people out there that really are appreciative of the fact that Donald Trump is doing but he can, and Elon Musk is doing what he can to get rid of fraud, waste, and abuse, and I think that is at the core of these protests. The funding is drying up. You think about all the money that went through usaight and the paper trail is being established, and they are freaking out over it. They want this work to stop because what's going to happen is the American taxpayer dollars are no longer going to be going out into the world to secuitously come back to Washington, DC to fund lobbying efforts and non governmental organizations and everything else that just props up all of these left wing causes. And I think that's at the genesis of all of this. Who could be against getting people off of the Social Security ranks who are either taking money illegally or just outright dead. Why is that a bad thing? They're taking away social Security? No, they're not, No, they're not. What they're trying to do is get rid of the opportunity for people to rip you off. Why are there so many dead people with active Social Security numbers? And how could anybody actually get up off of their butt and want to run out to a rally to stop that kind of work from happening. And I love the interviews of these folks. When you see them, they just like it's like deer in the headlines. When you press them on why they're there and what exactly it is that they say they're angry about.
Speaker 1: They really they struggle to come up with something.
Speaker 4: Musk point is that the problem is the puppet masters, not the puppets, as the lotter, have no idea why they are even there exactly. Elon Musk that was proven time and time again with the interviews of these folks. He just does everything he wants. He's a convicted felon. You know, that's all I know. One proster and protesters said again, that's his videos of all these kind of people all over the place. This after being asked why he believes Trump is a fascist while holding a sign to fascist Trump Magine must go, and his response, he just does everything he wants. He's a convicted felon. You know, that's all I know. There's his explanation. You know what, I've put it out many many times. If you get the definition of fascist, it doesn't fall into the definition of fascist. They just love that word. One of the things he's trying to control the media, one protester in this video said, when asked for evidence Trump is allegedly a fascist. Quote, one of the things he's is he's trying to control the media. Well, isn't that a comical statement? After all these years of left dominated media, the mainstream media, the legacy media, covering up Biden's infirmities, lying to us, manipulating things, not reporting the truth, over and over and over again. Trump, You're angry with Trump? In response to why do you think Trump is a fascist because he's trying to control the media. That might be a bit of Sissifian challenge considering you know, he is from the conservative side of the ledger well at least somewhat. He's not a leftist. I think we can all agree on. But he may try all day long to control the media, but I suppose the media itself will have a decision in that regard, and they probably you know, we'll capitulate what protesters. They try to control their own narrative. But one of the things that Trump has done, for example, is the renaming of the Gulf of Mexico and then not allowing the Associated press to come into the White House. All right, Well, you know, the Biden administration didn't ever call on the more conservative media outlets. They were left out in the wilderness. So you know, okay, whatever, their associated press is still out there, still reporting. Maybe they don't get a chance to ask a question for a change, but after all, you know, under the Biden administration, how many media outlets out there weren't given an opportunity to ask a question. You know, elections have consequences. But Trump fascist because he renamed the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. Of America, Sean, I know that impacted your world, didn't it. Well, you struggled with that every day. You lost sleep over that, didn't you. I know you did. Should see the bags under his eyes. Ever since Trump declared it Gulf of America, Poor Sean bro one protester had been given a sign describing Trump as a fascist. They were everywhere, and also a printed one sheeter declaring we are facing fascism. The time to act is now. This is one of those you know, pre printed. We got truckloads of these, hand them out to everybody, kind of like the mainstream media when they get talking points and you hear the same words uttered over and over and over again. You flip the channels from CNN to ABC, to NBC to CBS, MSNBC, and they all sound like they're reading from the same sheet exactly. Well, here's the sheet. We're facing fascism. The time to act is now. One protester speaking with Fox from a demonstration in New York. I'm protesting how horrible things have become in our country. I mean, we've been taken over by a bunch of robber barons, who are trying to take away all of our rights, benefits and liberty.
Speaker 1: Really in what way? There?
Speaker 4: You all are, at twelve hundred different locations exercising your freedom of assembly and freedom of speech. No one came in rounded you up, no one's standing in your way. You're free to open your mouth and sound like idiot and not have a single articulable syllable as to exactly what you're angry and upset about another protester and protesting. What's happening with this blessed country, the democracy that was advanced democracy now in transition to a dictatorship, and we are almost in a fascist state right now, only because the rule of law is bending right now and it may break. Well, that sounds like something would have come out of Kamala Harris's mouth word salad full of nothing, saying nothing and actually meaning nothing.
Speaker 1: How is democracy under threat? What?
Speaker 4: What has the work of the Department of Government Efficiency done to impact your ability to go out and vote? Well, you go over to Judicial Watch and you see that the work they're doing getting rid of millions of names from voter rolls, that well, of people who are not legally eligible to vote. And I suppose the protesters may be angry about that. We can't cheat anymore. Five eighteen fifty five KCD Talk station. Feel free to give me a holler if you want love to hear from you. Maybe you got a different take on it, or maybe you can explain to me what the hell it is that they were angry about. I'm struggling on that.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back fifty five KRC five two five KRICT talks Station.
Speaker 4: Markets are reeling as a consequence of the tariffs. A lot of countries are reaching out to negotiate with Trump. It's gonna be a it's going to be a tough row to ho here for a while.
Speaker 1: Let it go.
Speaker 4: Don't look at your market performance, don't pull out of the stock market. We go up, we go down. It's not as bad as other times, other crashes that we've not crashes. I don't want to say that word, but we have been through these struggles in the past, and I suspect, you know, he could pull the plug on any of these tariffs a the time he wants. But apparently, like fifty countries so far have reached out to discuss and negotiate with Donald Trump over the tariffs, which you know, I think that's what the point of the whole thing was. So we're just gonna have to go through a bumpy period. But I don't think the twelve hundred rallies that were taking place over the weekend had anything to do with the market crash the other day, because this is all planned in advance, so maybe they might want to complain about it. But how does a tumbling market help the evil oligarchs and robber barons of the world. Apparently it doesn't. And let us see here.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, it was something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see New South Wales as banned a conversion. New South Wales conversion practices makes it a criminal offense punishably up to five years in prison for anyone who delivers or performs conversion practices that cause serious mental or physical harm. That of course, is trying to convert someone from being biologically male into female or biologically female into male. And there's you know, I thought that was kind of comical. We had there was a pool match. A pair of biologically male pool players who identifies females ended up facing off against each other in the championship match in the United Kingdom. And this is like the game of pool, as in, get a pool table and racks and balls and play a game of pool. Now, you know, initially my reaction when I saw this, I was kind of laughing, because you know this, the pool is probably one sport where I would think that women could compete on an equal playing field as men. I mean, you're good at the game and you're not. It doesn't require strength. But nonetheless, as is report of both trans players tore through their female opponents this season. Lucy Smith and Harriet Haynes, those are the two that ended up on top. Smith won eighty five of his slash her one hundred and thirteen matches, sixty two percent of the eight hundred and forty eight frames since twenty twenty one. Hayes similar winning record two hundred and forty one matches one sixty one percent of the frames before entering the tournament, beating all of the women that they competed against. So there you go, two logical men, both claiming to be women, advancing in the tournament. Now we got a transgender athlete reportedly having first place during a girl's high school track meet. Happened last Wednesday in Portland, Oregon. The boy who goes by Leah Rose previously competed under the name Zachary Fox up until a year ago. The outlet City won competing in the high jump at the Portland Interslastic League Varsity Relays, beating the second place finisher by a couple of inches, according Tothathletic dot Net. While competing against JV boys in May of twenty twenty three, Zachary Rose, before he decided he was a woman, finished eleventh out of eleven, and then once deciding he was a girl, ends up in first place. Just saying five twenty sixty five care City Talk Station, local stories coming up, lots of water into local stories. Nothing else happened over the week again apparently anyway, we'll be right back. Feel free to call five thirty one Happy song Day, trying to make it so. Anyway, you didn't get a chance to listen. We've got Congressman David Taylor was on the program last week. You showed up in studio, got to talk with him for about a half hour. Youvik Rama swami for Ohio Governor Vivick joined the program the podcast at five Caresey dot com. And I think there's one more day for the Bourbon raffle for the Cure Starts Now, which I mentioned earlier. That's the one where you have the option. They'll get two different options. Option one the Pappy van Winkle collection of six bottles. And thank you to all the listeners in a very short period of time. And I'm sure more people bought after the show. But I got a text from Keith Estrich from the Cure Starts Now one thousand dollars in just like fifteen minutes for the talking to him. So God bless my listeners for supporting the wealthy effort to cure cancer. And hopefully one of my listeners will win that wonderful one of the.
Speaker 1: Drawings for the bourbons.
Speaker 4: But fifty five Cassey dot com link still there, and I think the content are the availability of the tickets is through tomorrow and if your incident helping ont Corey Bowman for mayor City of Cincinnati, he's kind of ended price sal chili tomorrow evening getting at five pm. So anyhow, get your iHeart Media. Appy're over there too, help you out. Listen to the content from all the iHeartMedia stations.
Speaker 1: Over the local stories.
Speaker 4: Multiple emergency agencies responded to a spill of diesel fuel and used motor oil went into the Willow Creek outside of Butler County late last night. Spill happened on State Route one seventy seven, Just Path Northern Elementary School and Lock Road, Pendleton County. EMA Public Information I was a Rob Braun, said, Deputy chief on the scene, described the incident as a large spill. Information on how the spill happened on the exact scale of it not immediately available. There is a trucking company located in the sinity, but I'm not sure if there's connection though. Same portion of the road where the cruise responded already submerged underwater and closed the vehicle traffic. Licking River crested at thirty eight point five feet overnight Sunday after severe flooding, and that is going on all over the place. Kentucky's Emergency Operations Center has been alerted and a response team preparing for efforts this morning. According to Braun, local teams determined there was no action they were able to take safely overnight, so hopefully they get that under control. Go to A man rescued from the floodwaters. Happens yesterday afternoon at the former location of Coney Island, according to Cincinnati Police, who said a man somehow got into the area where Coney Island resided to pass that it's currently flooded due to Ohiohio River levels. He got roughly thirty feet into the now defunct park before he needed to be rescued. The The CPO, reporting on this thank you, Molly Shram said cruise bringing the man back to dry land on a raft. An suv could also be seen almost fully submerged in the water near Coney Island's front gates. Earlier Sunday, Fire Cruise in downtown Cincinnati had to rescue a woman who had taken shelter at a stage in Sawyer Point, similar to the Rescue your Coney Island. Cruise put a life vest on the woman and inflated a raft retriever from the stage. Flooding from the Ohio River has impacted several neighborhoods and roadways, closing many streets throughout Cincinnati and other areas. There's a full list of road closures. You can check wcpo's website for that, and I think that's still going on. Great Miami Little Miami Licking Rivers also had flooding in their respective areas. Two cities along the Licking River under mandatory evacuation owners. Some Covington residents along the Licking River also were encouraged to leave due to the high water level. So hopefully we'll get a reprieve from that with the well it not raining anymore. Three men from Kentucky arrested in charge in connection with the shooting of a man in Brown County. Corner to the Sheriff's office announcement last week WTCA, they responded to two to fifty seven Hickory Street in Aberdeen after receiving a call from a man stating that he had been shot of State Highway Patrol troopers and county deputies both arrived at the scene, where they said they found fifty one year old Kelly Applegate shot in the chest. Corner of the Sheriff's office. Suspect had fired multiple rounds at Applegate. He was then taken to the hospital. Last Wednesday, Brown Unty deputies, with the assistants of the Mason County Sheriff's Office and the Mayswelle Police Department arrested fifty six year old Michael Fight and forty seven year old Jerry Cooper, both from Dover in connection with the shooting. Next day, deputies with assistants of the police and MPD arrested sixty two year old George Kendall from Maysville on additional charges. All three suspects charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit attempted murder, both first degree felony. He's being held to the Mason Kunty Detention Center awaiting extradition five point thirty five right now fifty five KR seeing the talk station stack.
Speaker 1: Is stupid coming up? Why not?
Speaker 4: You can feel free to call, though I'd rather talk with you than do the stack of stupid, although I do have fun to win the stack of stupid as I try to wake up during the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Hey's by forty one for the five karc DE talk station.
Speaker 4: Happy Monday fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three Talk of pound Fay fifty one eighteen tvent.
Speaker 1: Uh into the stacker stupid Uh.
Speaker 4: In sents after being denied a free refilled a lemonade stand run by children, Florida man aggressively grabbed a female victim, adopted a fighting stands and warmed that he would beat her up, corning the police. Investigators say Stephen Cusamano, forty five years old, walking in clear out our neighborhood around seven thirty pm on Tuesday, when he observed a lemonade stand being run by several juveniles and the victim purchased one glass of lemonade and became angry when he was not allowed to refill his cup. Gusumana then allegedly grabbed the victim by the wrist aggressively while standing in a fighting stance, telling the victim he would beat her up. Kausamana left the residential area on foot, but was quickly apprehended by the police officer. During questioning, Kuzumano reportedly admitted to the entire sequence of events, but claimed to grab the victim due to her talking s word to me, she's a little girl, mister Kuzumano. Forty five. Cops described him as a transient. He was charged with fellowing me about her and hands count due to his extensive rap sheet, including multiple prior convictions for battery, as well as convictions for trespassing, narcotics possession, disorderly intoxication, assaulted the deadly weapon, theft, and disorderly conduct, locked up in lieu of five thousand dollars bond. He has pleaded not guilty. Oh yes, you are well played, Sean, well played. Let's see what Larry's God for. We're getting other stupid stories. Larry, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the fifty five Carcy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 5: I just wanted us make a point.
Speaker 6: You know, how back in twenty twenty across all of our major networks, at the height of the pandemic, how they were running a little ticker from by state and the COVID amount of COVID deaths and things like that, really pushing the narrative and making everybody aware of it and the importance. I kind of wish they would do the same thing with the Department the Dough's Department of Government Efficiency on the and run a ticker on all these major networks at the top, on where the waste was found, what it was about, and start to hold some of these people accountable. But I think that they would. It would also start to really convince the minds of even the liberals and so on. But the brad Winstrop, if you're listening, maybe there's something you can do to push that, maybe get Congress to write something to where the start making these networks to make people more aware and take the Department of Government efficiency more serious. Well, maybe the people that don't pay attention to politics at all could start to really see that.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of studies.
Speaker 6: Of boys reading trans books and it.
Speaker 4: Just goes on part of freedom, mistaque Larry, is the freedom not to speak. And we all know the networks are biased. I mean, we've all lived through that. We understand that reality. And I'm chuckling because that's one of the criticisms that one of the people that was interviewed, Why are you here protesting on Saturday? Why because Donald Trump is trying to control the media. I suppose if Donald Trump actually could control the media, you'd get reporting along netline on a regular basis. Sadly you don't. But Doose does report and has posted online through its sight all the work that they are doing. So if you want, you can go look at it yourself, but don't expect the likes of MSNBC or CNN, CBS, NBC, you know, the entire lineup and litany of letters to actually do this and bring this to more people's attention. This is why it's so funny. When people are interviewed as to why they think Trump is a fascist and why they show up at a rally anti Trump rally, anti Doese rally, they all get the deer in the headlights look and come up with words salid answers. It don't make any damn sense. They paid a little bit closer attention, and they got better educated on the topic. They probably like, no, that's a good thing. No, they're not killing SOCIS security or Medicaid. They're actually taking steps and efforts that might make it last a little bit longer than it's scheduled to last under the current situation. And it's not gonna last very long. This has been widely reported now for decades. They keep doing a TikTok TikTok countdown. This is when it's all going to hit the fan, and we're getting closer and closer.
Speaker 1: To that day.
Speaker 4: Six five cares of the dog's as. Meanwhile, both parties, Republicans, Democrats and anybody in there who can call themselves an independent do literally nothing. Talk station Happy Monday, try to make it so anyway. I'm not happy right now, Thank you, Eric.
Speaker 8: Eric just sent me the link to US Debt clock dot org, and the numbers fly at you so fast, and you look at the debt we're racking up and just goes up tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars almost instantaneously. There is, though a doge clock, which and I don't know where this data comes from. I'm just trusted for what it says. So far, two hundred and eighty nine billion dollars Dose has found and saved savings per taxpayer two thousand, five hundred and seventy seven. However, given the US national debt debt per citizen one hundred and seven thousand dollars, debt per taxpayer three hundred and twenty three thousand dollars, that's heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: Let's see here. Uh bump bump, bumpom. Drug detection dog alerted to the odor of narcotics emitting from the buttocks of a Texas man trying to cross back into the United States from Mexico last Monday. Best goator, say George Vargas, twenty six year old questioned by border patrol agents after passing into the United States via pedestrian lane and an El Paso port of entry. He claimed to be returning to his from his grandmother's house in Mexico and was on his way to work, and agents discovered that Vargas had two hours earlier entered the US through a different l Passo port of entry. He was subjected to his secondary screening, which included a pat down for weapons. Vargas was clenching his thighs that's in the report during an inclusive frisk, according to the criminal complaint. At that point, a concealed human narcotics detector dog was called in for a sniff. The animal reportedly alerted to the trained odor of narcot emanating from Vargas's buttocks through his pants. After Vargas was instructed to sit down, agents noticed a bulge protruding from his buttocks through his pants. Subsequently, they removed two black taped bundles from between his buttocks. The packages contained a total of five point twenty five ounces of meth amphetamine bum being read as rights, Vargus reportedly agreed to speak with agents. He claimed to have been threatened and said he was going to be paid with two ounces of meth when when the remaining three ounces would be picked up by an unknown individual. Vargas told the agents he needed the money. Charged with drug smuggling, facing more than tenures in prisons, convicted of the fellow account now walked up in the county jail schedule for US district or detentioneering. He does have Spanish word for straight check five fifty five at the five KC Talk station. Uh, feel free to call. I got plenty to talk about coming up next hour. Love to hear from you though, and we got Scott Wharton from the Inquire taking her for Sharon Koleich will join the program at seven oh five. Christopher Smith minu at seven twenty for the Smith event Monday Monday, Brian James at eight oh five, and then Todd Sledge and the Since Anniva has got some things to talk about to my veteran friends, he'll be out at eight forty. I'll be right back after the news lay six oh five if the five cars Talk station.
Speaker 1: Bon Thomas right here. Wish and embody and a happy Monday.
Speaker 4: Trying to make it happy anyway, unless you're paying attention to the markets which are while futures are done pretty uh significantly after they'll wipeout from last week. As a consequence of the tariff's going into effects. Say what you want about the tariffs. I mean, this actually comes as no surprise to me. The globe has to react and markets are going to react, and we'll find out what's going to happen. I got a lot of countries lining up to contact the administration to talk about negotiating the tariffs, and fifty countries. Actually, it's widely reported. I've already done that. So insofar as what's coming up in the Morning Show, before we get into more details on that, fans forward one hour Scott Wharton from the Cincinnia Enquirer. He's taken over for Sharon Coolidge, so he'll be doing all the reporting for CINCINNY City Council and the mayor and of course the mayoral race and the county commissioners as well. So we'll get forward to hearing from Scott in an hour. Christopher Smith Aman every Monday at seven twenty, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, are offering what we call the Smither Vent. Don't know what he's going to be talking about, but you know he's a financial planner, so he may have something to say about the tariffs and the impact there. I think best advice, which we'll get from Money Monday's Brian James at eighth five, don't look at your portfolio. If you've got a four oh one K planet, maybe best to just not take a look at that. Let things settle down, because when the markets go down, history has demonstrated they do go back up. But I'm sure he'll offer advice about that. He often refers to himself as more of a counselor in managing people's emotions as opposed to picking and choosing which stocks to invest in. Since Ava todd Sledge returns of the Morning Show at eight forty, we got some topics to talk about about what's going on at the VA. Supporting my veteran friends, feel free to call Joe Strecker's out. Sean McMahon's in always appreciate when Shawn covers for Joe five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three top pound five fifty on at and T phones speaking a cory of Homan running from Mayor. He's got an event tomorrow night five pm. Price still chill. You can help him out. You can get a chance to listen to. Congressman David Taylor joined the Morning show last week and podcast at fifty five KRC dot com. He's the man who was elected to take over for brad winstrip vek Rama Swami. He was on the program last week as well. He is an enthusiastic guy. I really do support him, and he has lined up I think literally every endorsement. I think probably trying to put the point a primary to rest, like geez, you can't get anybody to endorse you. Vivek's got pretty much all of them. And another opportunity. The opportunity remains. I believe it's still until tomorrow for the Bourbon raffle. The cure starts now. Fantastic event. Thanks everybody was able to make that on Saturday night. Awesome time and giving me hope that we will come up with a cure for cancer. And that's all what that is about. So maybe win some bourbon and point being you'll cure cancer. And thanks to all my listeners who bought tickets when we did the interview with Keith Keith desertch last week. One thousand dollars worth of tickets sold in a very short period of time. So back over to the Wall Street Journal and the Dow Futures DAL currently down three point twenty five s and P down three point three eight, NASDAK down three point six nine, so another down day on trading, calling it turmoil. The global market snowballed in one of the worst routes in recent memories after Trump said he would stay the course with the with the tariffs yesterday, Trump Quota is saying, what's going to happen to the markets?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: I don't want anything to go down, but sometimes you have to take medicine to fix something. So stock features down this morning. Contracts tied to major UX induses down more than three percent. Pullback, they say, suggested broad s and P five hundred index at risk of following the tech heavy NASDAK composite into bear market, which is defined as following a twenty percent plus decline. They have something called the Wall Street Fear Gauge, apparently jump to levels that roll, sort of reminiscent of COVID nineteen and the drop in markets back then, although the drop hasn't been as large as the COVID nineteen drop over in Asia, also of course, relying on trade, their stocks plunged. Hong Kong's main equity benchmark drop thirteen percent, described as the worst day since the Asian financial crisis, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Those in the CEES fell between seven and ten percent. Over to Europe, these stocks Europe six hundred drop five percent. Bitcoin and oil prices fell sharply. Well, maybe there's a glimmer of hope and oil prices dropping because we have experience of dropping gasoline prices. So if global oil surprise drop because they expect some sort of recession, I suppose not as much oil being consumed, perhaps we might get some break at the pump. I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope.
Speaker 1: And all this.
Speaker 4: Treasury's rallied apparently pushing down yields. Investors bet the Federal Reserve will need to slash interest rates. Futures prices, how likewise, showed traders now seeing more than a fifty percent likelihood of the equivalent of a five or more quarter point rate cuts this year.
Speaker 1: That would be nice.
Speaker 4: Sadly, though, US stocks lost six point six trillion dollars in value in the last two days of last week after the announcement of the tariffs, So you got to take the good with the bad. I suppose you know I'd said out loud a multitude of times, no.
Speaker 1: Big fan of tariffs.
Speaker 4: And you know the only reason I took a step back from being against the idea because I know, you knew this was going to happen. It's going to have an inflationary effect and all that. But how is it that we've gone on all this time when all these other countries were tariffing us? And that was kind of the eye opening revelation to have this discussion when you see the charts and the tariffs that Donald Trump placed on these other countries are tariffs on them right now, or at least the ones that kick in Wednesday. The rest of them aren't as bad as the ones that currently exist and have existed now for a while on US imports into their countries. I mean, if you're looking for fairness in this, that doesn't seem quite fair, does it. I mean, they're depriving their citizens of the opportunity to purchase US goods at a reasonable price. Some countries had like ninety five percent tariffs on US goods coming in. What makes that right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, According to White House advisors speaking yesterday, more than, as I mentioned before, fifty countries already got in touch with the Trump administration to start talking about negotiating these tariffs. Kevin Hasset, who's the head of the White House National Economic Council, talking with ABC yesterday, said there are more than fifty countries reaching out and trying to negotiate this new status with the president. They're doing that because they understand that they bear a lot of the tariff. Hassi didn't say which countries have started talks with the administration. Trump wrote on truth social media a couple of days ago that Vietnam's top leaders said that the country is going to reduce its tariffs on the United States to zero. Well, you'll call that one to win. So we got last week announcing ten percent tariffs on all trading partners, as well as higher level on about sixty nations, and those are the ones that really have some outrageous tariffs on US goods. The balance of these tariffs the higher ones kicking in on the ninth so Wednesday. Exempt from the latest tariffs Canada and Mexico because Trump had already slapped the twenty five percent tariff on them because he wanted the trafficking, infentinal and illegal immigration to stop. Looking for greater support and trying to apply pressure on Mexico and Canada for that. You know, certainly those could disappear, Prime Minister or Thai Prime Minister Shinwarta so that Thailand is also willing to enter into talks to the United States on tariff, saying Thailand is signaling it's according to him, Thailand has signaling that's readiness to discuss with the United States government at the first opportunity to adjust the trade balance to be fair to both parties. Little signal of optimism on that one. UK Prime Minister Keres Starmer told reporters last week his country would respond in a cool and calm manner, pointing out the United States only placed a ten percent levy, put in the United Kingdom, in his words, in a better position than a lot of other countries from what was announced. Well fair enough. Taiwan's president on Sunday offered zero tariffs. How about that, pledging to remove trade barriers rather than imposing reciprocal measures and saying Taiwan, these companies will raise their US investments if I recall correctly, Taiwan had like a sixty five percent tariff on US uh Further, in that Sunday interview with Hassid, he said, the US economic data has showed that we just had one of the strongest jobs reports we've seen in a long time. It was like the addition of two hundred and fifty five thousand jobs, And he suggested, and you have to wait and find out that tariffs could be leading to more American job because if there is more investment in the United States and the build more factories here, of course that's going to lead to more jobs. But see, this isn't going to be instantaneous. And I think that's the frustrating thing that we all feel out here. We see our stocks job we see our four to one k shrink, and we think the world's going to come to an end. But if this does result in some additional investing in the United States, then it'd be good for all of us over the long haul. That just does not happen in a moment's time. It's not like flipping a light switch. They said. The jobs did it was about fifty percent better than the markets expected. In the second one in a row, Hassett said, we've created like ten thousand auto jobs when trust just since Trump took office, more automobiles being manufactured in this country. And I thought it was rather interesting. I think it was Jaguar and land Rover. They said they're going to stop exports into the United States for a period of time, and I don't know how this ultimately helps them. Reported over the weekend, as we work to address the new trading terms with our business partners, we're talking taking some short term actions, including a shipment pause in April, as we develop our mid to longer term plans again. Manufacturer of Jaguar and land Rower, the United States is the second biggest importer of British made cars after the EU. Jaguar land Rover, one of Britain's biggest products by volume, set in its statement that the US was an important market for its luxury band because it sells four hundred thousand range Rovers and other models annually and exports the United States account for almost a quarter of their sales. So I don't understand the connection you pause exports to your second biggest consumer of your automobiles. Oh well, someone can we can explain that to me? Feel free? Five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred eight at eight two to three talk. Maybe they'll pause them because they'll come to the negotiating table and negotiate in eradication of the tariffs, and we'll all be better off for it, which I think is the point of the exercise.
Speaker 1: Twenty two fifty five krc DE Talk Station.
Speaker 4: BOYA marshall Over town hallowed interesting off ed responding to this insanity over the weekend with the twelve thousand cities and people in all the world screaming their head off over to evil Trump and Musk, the Right say is apparently cord to their handy website, Trump Musk and they're billionaire cronies orchestrating and all out assault on our government and our economy and our basic rights. Website goes on to say President Trump, Elon Musk and others want to strip Americas for parts, shuttering social Security offices, firing essential workers, eliminating consumer protections, gotting medicaid, all to bankroll their billionaire tax scam. They're handing over our tax dollars, our public services, and our democracy to the ultra rich. Their words at the website, not mine. You're right that's brilliant. Let's look at two of the programs that these leftists claim are being decimated by Trump and Doge Socials Security and Medicaid. How many times have we heard Democrats talk about how Republicans want to take away Social Security benefits from older Americans? So there was such a tired trobe that stories of evil Republicans wanted to swipe Grandma's Social Security tracks seem to be like as much of a staple of campaign season as robo calls, campaign radio commercials and vote for me signs. Go back to twenty twelve presidential campaign, Democrats even depicted then Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan pushing an old woman in a wheelchair of a clique of a cliff, and you had Democrats that are crying Elon Musk and his Doge team front covering massive fraud in the Social Security system, which is seeing billions of dollars scam from the system by millions of foreigners ineligible for benefits yet taking them. They exposed massive theft of socials security numbers as well as foreign citizens being assigned to Social Security numbers who then I legally vote in American elections. There's a short interview Fox News Steve Doocey of a DOGE volunteer guy named Antonio Grassius. He calls it a much watch by every sane American video. Grassia's very wealthy businessman who's a founder and CEO of a company called Valor Equity Partners, which has apparently sixteen billion dollars in assets under management. He points out mister Garcia's, like all DOGE teams, starting with Elon Musk himself, had too much to lose and nothing to gain personally by agreeing to audit the federal government in Trump's effort to restore it to sound footing and continuing financial viability, Unlike the arguments, they want to crash it anyway. During this this this this Doocey segment, Grassi has seen given a presentation on STAVE showing a graph that in twenty twenty four a loan two point one million illegal aliens receive Social Security numbers, as opposed to the twenty twenty one figure of only two hundred and seventy thousand, which is twound seventy thousand too many. Total number of people came to the United States illegally, but possessed Social Security numbers now exceeds five million. He explains, data obtained through an automatic system. He also discloses that a Socias Security employee sent himself via email over four hundred thousand SOSIAS security numbers and that's being investigated. He called it clearly nefarious. Also pointed out illegals. We're tapping into virtually all the federal benefit programs. One point three million of these illegal aliens with socia's security numbers are now on Medicaid.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 4: Thousands of these people, as Dose discovered, are also on the voter rolls. In many are in fact voting not legal. Key to these discoveries is that Trump signed an executive order allowing DOSE to employ technology enabling these different government computer systems to actually talk to each other, and they couldn't do that before. Gracius estimates that DOGE has already save the government north of ten billion dollars from its discoveries at socis Security alone. Who's trying to kill Social Security and who's trying to save it? That's the people over the weekend. This is going to extend the life of the program. Grosse's is playing the findings to his team, refuting arguments that these illegal aliens are paying into the system through taxes and noting that many are on unemployment, many are criminals in summer, even in the on the US terror watch list. And yet you think over the weekend that Trump was undermining social security, that did the Elon mussel, and I wanted to destroy it. All of these efforts are to better this system, stop the fraud. You wouldn't know it talking to the protests over the protesters over the weekend, and most of whom had no idea why they were there. The concept of useful idiot on full display.
Speaker 1: New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: Gary's online get your call right after the break, Gary, I hope you don't mind.
Speaker 1: I got to take a quick break though.
Speaker 4: In highly seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk at pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone. Love to hear from you, and welcome back to the Morning Show New Hampshire. Gary, Good hear from me this morning.
Speaker 5: Hey brother, I forget what it's like to live in Cincinnati. Sometimes you're going to have a high of sixty six right now. I'm looking out my window. It's snowing, cats.
Speaker 1: And dog snowing. Oh what?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, all of.
Speaker 4: Our rivers are bursting at the scenes. People are flooded at neighborhoods are soaked, and that actually probably makes some people at least feel a little bit better about the current weather conditions here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: At least it's not snowing. Right, that's there.
Speaker 5: You go, well, give it a minute.
Speaker 1: It's night, but it's a valid point. We got a freeze morning tonight.
Speaker 5: That's right. Hey, I was I watch I listened to a couple of people on X and one of the stave Harris Junior and on there. Excuse me, I don't have a cough, but he he was talking about there's a professor who's a black professor h from Columbia University who's been picked up for having African slaves in her house that she was keeping illegally ago.
Speaker 4: That article came out and I'd say, several weeks ago I read about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well this one is she just been convicted, so really yeah, And so this one was another one was that protesters. If you look, I watched the protests this weekend, so sometimes you know, I flipped it on what's going on. And he's also claiming that that the NGOs were paid not to have black protesters show up at the T dealerships, which I thought was interesting because now that I look back, I didn't see any black protesters, even though Washington, DC is made up of at least fifty percent black, And I was like, wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: You know why, Well, I mean, isn't the idea to make your numbers look substantial?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they want black protesters?
Speaker 5: From what I understand, the George Soros NGOs were told specifically not to have black protesters. Don't know, other than racism, I don't know why, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It does sound incredibly racist. Blacks need not apply. I mean, that's horrifically racist.
Speaker 5: I think if we look at the Democratic Party, nothing's changed.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you can make that argument, I suppose, but that's that's just bizarre.
Speaker 1: I guess I would.
Speaker 4: I'll assume for the sake of this discussion that that actually is a recommendation for the non government organizations. I guess I'm just puzzling over why. I mean, if the idea is to get a bunch of people out there and make their numbers look like they actually represent a sizeable amount of the American population, which I still say they're not. Then you would want every living human being that could make it to the protest to show up black, Asian, white, doesn't matter. That's crazy anyway, But I appreciate the call gear I always do six point thirty five. If you five kar City Talk Station, maybe you have an answer to that question. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eighty two to three talk won't get rid of the stench of politics, but it will or Jerry Neddler apparently, although it might work on Jerry Needdler. I have an interesting article about Jerry Nadler is the Capital's worst smelling man. I kid you not. That's the headline from the Washington Free Beacon. How embarrassing is that?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Odoric at six forty.
Speaker 4: Here fifty five ker City Talk Station, it's times like this, and I wish they'd call it us to the direction of the conversation because you may not like where I'm gonna go. Since I mentioned Jerry Nadler and connects with the other exit ad, I just couldn't believe what I was reading yesterday. I was preparing for the show and I'm checking out the Washington Free Beacons website where it is there it is the headline. Members of Congress agree Jerry Nadler is the Capital's worst smelling man, and at some level I kind of feel sorry for the guy, but maybe not. They say, long time you are. Congressman Jerry Neddler has become famous as the champion of progressive policies in the House of Representatives, but among his colleagues in the chamber also earned what they describe as the dubious distinction of being its smelliest member. Anthony di Esposito, former GP Congressman from Long Island, who was just recently named Inspector General of the Apartment of Labor, had this say, and I will quote him. He Jerry Nadlers the kind of guy who when he makes his way onto the floor, he barrels through everyone, and sometimes he doesn't really need to barrow through because his stench kind of clears the way, and it equates to his personality, which is nasty and most people want to keep away from close quote. Half a dozen of Natler's current and former colleagues, apparently from both sides of the aisle, were well. They again Freebeacon reportedly more savage behind the scenes. One House Democrats said he wasn't just rancid, but also frequently out of it.
Speaker 1: Quote. Members of Congress don't want to sit next.
Speaker 4: To him because of it, the Democrats said, speaking with the Washington Free Dition. And I guess on a condition of anonymity, Yeah, he smells. I don't know what he does. Maybe he doesn't take a bath. I don't know what it is. Close quote also said this. They removed him from his chairmanship because it did distrust his ability to handle the job. He's constantly falling asleep on the floor and constantly falling asleep everywhere. Seventy seven year old Nadler owls. That is the top Democrats on the Judiciary Committee back in December because of concerns that he was no longer.
Speaker 1: Up to the job.
Speaker 4: Sort of very Joe Biden esque. Twenty nineteen, the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's sidelinemen during President Donald Trump's first impeachment hearing over similar cognitive concerns. Videos and Nadler falling asleep during hearings have become commonplace online, many members speculating that the congressman's odor emanated from an underlying health issue, which they say of dog Nadler for his entire career. They say in twenty nineteen, he nearly collaps during a Manhattan press conference, had to be rushed to the hospital, underwent gastric bypass surgery in two thousand and two to remedy his morbid obesity, and he was at one point so enormous he could not ride a subway. That account on his own website. Another New York congress member said, he reeks, it's not just like a guy didn't take a shower. I don't know if it's surgery or a colosity bag.
Speaker 1: But it's bad, he said.
Speaker 4: When former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy was sworn in, he had a bipartisan briefing with the Congressional Budget Office, and I sat in the Capitol Visitor Center or theater rather and Nadler sat in front of me.
Speaker 1: I had to get up and move. Its overpowering.
Speaker 4: Fox News Greg Gottphild talking with McCarthy during an appearance on Godfield back in twenty twenty two, he asked this question, Congressman, I don't know how to ask you this in a respectable manner, but do off smelling people offend you. McCarthy's response, are we talking about Jerry Nadler?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Again, you know that's some of I guess feel sorry for the guy, but wow, I just can't imagine how I would feel as someone wrote that article about me. You think you take steps to maybe remedy the problem. But showering up that's one thing. That his cognitive decline that's another. And I find it really comical and interesting that all of these left wing media outlets, with all the new books that are coming out about Biden's cognitive decline that they're now also piling on. We were lied to. We were lied to. You were the ones perpetuating the lie.
Speaker 1: You saw it.
Speaker 4: We out here in the world saw his cognitive decline. We watched it in unfold in front of our very eyes, probably in many cases based upon the actual video that you mainstream media showed us, allowing us to easily draw our conclusions that the guy just isn't one hundred percent there anymore, maybe not even fifty percent there, and as we ultimately find out, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent there.
Speaker 4: And we were made fun of for calling that into question over and over and over again, and now they're all admitting it. Fool me once, fool me twice, six.
Speaker 1: Fifty two fifty five three r C talk station.
Speaker 4: Five one two three to pound five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be most puzzled this morning of those protests over the weekend, you know, the the the the AstroTurf as many are calling of them. I think Elon must refer to them as useful idiots, which is one way of putting it. When you hear and you hear the interviews of those folks, they just have no idea why they are there. They scream catchphrases and yet can't articulate a syllable as to what they're screaming about. I just and it doesn't take much effort or energy at all when you look at what Elon Musk and the folks that doge are doing to realize that, no, they're not dismantling Social Security or Medicaid, which is part of the thing that was repeated over and over and over again the issue talking sheets to have people say exactly that, repeatingly parroting something that doesn't make a witsworth of sense, and it's so troubling to me that many people can be duped, if they are even being duped. And I think more of this really boils down to it's you know, they're talking about oligarchs and robber barons, you knowing, oh my god, you know, evil billionaire Elon Musk. This is about the efforts that the Trump administration and others like the European Union for example, taking a more populous move thinking about protecting their own country's interests, re establishing border control, obviously going away from globalism, from this new world order or sort of one appearance of what they want. They the evil veys out in the world, the manipulators and puppet masters of all these useful idiots out in the world. They don't want borders. They want control over everything, one uniform, size fits all. And we know how poorly that works out here in the United States when they try to throw one size fits all rules at us from Washington, d C. And it ultimately harms us locally on some level. But I think that's the fear, and that's why they're out in the streets, and that's why all these money, the interests are out there funding these protesters, like oh, my god, somebody's caught on. Conservative parties are making inroads into our leftist agenda. People are electing conservative people, people with an interest in their own turf, in their own countries. People interested in lowering taxes and giving us a little bit more freedom of movement. People getting away from this whole cult of climate. And as I said many times over the years, you know that right there has set everybody up for this globalism, that climate change argument. It used to be global warming, and then whoops, that didn't happen. Sea levels whoops, haven't risen. Al Gore was way wrong. We'd all be underwater now if his predictions back in the day had come true. It just didn't happen. And we've spent trillions of dollars globally throwing all of our energy in our efforts at this non existent problem, drying up our reliable energy supplies, which of course is designed. I have concluded, and I have no I'm not wavering at all on this. It's to reduce consumption. It's to reduce America's might. And we are the most consumptive and bostht productive and monetary generating country on earth. We're the bad people in the hearts and minds of the globalists. We're the outlier. We're the one that needs to be dealt with. So, yeah, the markets are down. Trump's trying to level that playing field so we can all trade together fairly and we can well afford each other's products. Bad for their desires, their globalist desires to minimize well not just the population, but minimize consumption. It's insane that people buy into it. Those what's problematic, and I always just kind of questioned why they buy into it. Coming up, Scott Wharton from the since ANI acquired joints the program at the top of the our News. He's covered now for taking over for Sharon Coolidge doing local reporting. Christopher Smith Aman at seven twenty with a Smith Amen, Brian James and Monday Monday at eight oh five and Todd Sledgeman of Cincinnta, VA with some information he wants to pass along to my veteran friends. He'll join the program at eight forty. I hope you can stick around. His friend Thomas happy to welcome to the pick About Tasty Morning showing congratulations. So the CINNI inquires Scott Whartman taking over the rad Your big shoes of Sharon Coolidge and Scott. That's not to suggest Sharon has big feet, but she's been around covering since a local politics council and the Shenanigans that goes on with the county commissioners for a lot of time, and she's been on the morning show, you know, passing along what she's learned and what she stayed on top of. So it's an important position and one that we all value very much, Scott, because we really truly need to know what's going on with city and county politics, and there's so very little reporting on it. So Cincinnati dot Com ishere, youre going to read what Scott writes about local politics. So you're excited about the job, Scott.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm very excited.
Speaker 9: It is daunting, though, because she did set a high bar and everybody knows her and if anything was happening in the city, I mean, that's you've heard it first from her, and that's what I hope to provide that level of deep coverage. But I also, you know, I want to get into a lot of the I grew up here in the Cincinnati area on the West Side, went to Elder and I want to be able to tell a lot of the neighborhood stories. A city has a great, interesting history, and I'm really excited about, you know, taking on this beat. But it is it's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 4: Well it is, and responsible reporting is a challenge, and I know we can expect responsible reporting from you. But I like the idea that it's not just going to be all you know, heady, gloom and doom topic politics. If you're going to get out into the world and talk about some of the finer aspects of this city, I think we could all use a really healthy injection of that.
Speaker 9: Oh, I agree, And there are a lot of great stories to tell in the neighborhoods. I've been covering the county Commission and like local congressional politics for the last seven or eight years, and before that I was covering the river cities in northern Kentucky. So I'm kind of excited to get back to more like local city reporting and what's going on here back at home, rather than the national scene, which is like NonStop news.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've Yeah, I'm aware of that. Scott, painfully aware of it. That every single day of my life it's covering those stories and you know, it becomes overwhelming for me. But moving back, this is an exciting year to be playing this role, Scott Warman, because we've got a mayoral race and Corey Bowman looks like he may get some traction in a city that's voted all Democrats for such a long time, a lot of people a little dissatisfied with the direction of the city's going, and connected community's got the folks in Hyde Park rubbing the wrong way. Corey Bowman may end up getting some support from some otherwise pretty die hard Blue voters. You're looking forward to covering that race and what's your perception of it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's interesting because I mean, Cincinnati hasn't had a Republican candidate since two thousand and nine when Brad Weinst ran for mayor.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 9: At this point, I can't handicap his chances. I don't know, because I mean every office in the city is held by a Democrat, so I mean it is an uphill battle. It is ostensibly a nonpartisan race, so the party doesn't appear on the ballot, So it'll be interesting to see how much how much Noisy can make.
Speaker 4: Well, of course, with Sharon covering since since I politics for such a long time, I know she had established I don't know whether they were good or bad, but she at least had access to and had good established relationships with the elected officials. Have you got your foot in the door on that element of it, Scott?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I know the people that are in office, dealt with them before, and definitely from a county perspective, I have good contacts there and I think that I don't think that should be too much of an issue. I'm not going into this completely blind.
Speaker 4: No, And you're going to go into it having to attend a lot of city council meetings, aren't you.
Speaker 9: That's that is the one the one downside. Because I've been with covering the congressional.
Speaker 10: Politics and the County Commission, I haven't had to.
Speaker 9: Necessarily go to a lot of municipal meetings. But that's kind of how I cut my teeth in the business, going to late nights and at least they're at reasonably timed, you know, there in the afternoon, so I won't be there till midnight or something like that.
Speaker 4: True that now, in terms of the County Commission, you're still going to have some you can be doing coverage for the commissioners because you know, this is an exciting time for that one. Because we of course have this stadium negotiation thing going.
Speaker 9: On, and that was something with Sherry we kind of tag teamed, because that is going to.
Speaker 10: Be the big story in the next year.
Speaker 9: Or two years if a deal gets done and what that will look like. At this point, the progress is very slow, but there is a deadline in June.
Speaker 1: The Bengals have.
Speaker 10: To decide whether they're going to extend the least.
Speaker 9: For another two years. And they can do that by themselves. They don't need a county or taxpayer approval. So we should be hearing something in the next couple months. And yes, I will be monitoring that. We will have a county reporter coming on board sometime in the next month month and a half. But yeah, that is also that's going to be other than the mayor's race, maybe even more so. Yeah, that's going to be the big story locally. What happens with that stadium. Well, at point, no one knows.
Speaker 4: No one knows, and I'm hoping we find out that there is someone on the opposite side of the table of the Brown family as opposed to being on the same side of the table as the original agreement was negotiated, because I don't think there's a human out there. And I mean, we even made national attention on how terrible that stadium deal was for the taxpayers here in Hamilton County. I think we're looking for a little bit more love from the Brown family this time around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're playing their cards close to the vest. But I mean I can say the county and the elected officials they're not really making friends with the Bengals are and it's been very adversarial so far, a lot of brinksmanship. I don't know how much of that is also playing out behind the scenes, but it does seem actually, I mean a lot of the emails that I've gotten between county officials and the team, it's been pretty acrimonious. So there is a lot of pushback from elected officials on what they want from this lease.
Speaker 4: Well, Scott Ortman will find you at Cincinnati dot com. I reckon make my listeners. I go ahead and bookmark that and get yourself a subscription so you can get your popcorn out and read what Scott's going to be writing about lots of interesting topics for you to cover this year, Scott, and I wish you all the best of luck in the new role. And I appreciate you coming on the program and sharing your time with my listeners and me. And you have an open invitation here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show to give us an update on the exciting stuff that you're covering.
Speaker 10: Brian.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it and I look forward to it, and I hope I don't fiss the point.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you won't. Good luck, Scott, and thanks for again for coming on. And of course I always look forward to Christopher Smithvan coming on the program, which he's going to be doing next. We get the Monday Morning Smith Event every Monday at seven twenty ish and I'm not sure what he wants to talk about today, but then again I don't know what he wants talk about any day, but I love having him on. He's insightful, of course, logical and reasonable. So looking forward to Christopher Smith and how you can stick around for that. And I'm trying to encourage you a get in touch with foreign exchange. Everything's going up. Tariff's are not the price of repairing autombiles going up. I just like everything, inflationary pressures are hitting you. But you can save money by going to Foreign Exchange traditionally imported manufactured cars from either Asia or Europe. You're well served at Foreign Exchange. They will take great care of you with an ASE certified Master technician working on your car, fix it to your satisfaction, with a full warranty on parts and service, and that family friendly environment I know you get at the west Chester location, which is one I always recommend, where Austin is amazing team. We'll take certainly great care of you. So save money is the bottom line. Though it's less expensive to have your car repaired at Foreign Exchange than the dealer, and I know this from personal experience. Lots of money has been saved over the years with our imported cars getting well serviced by Austin and the crew. West Chester location. That's the Tylersville exit off of I seventy five east on Tylersville, a really short jog. It's just two streets hanging right on Kingland Drive. You run right into it online, you'll run into it at Foreign X. That's for in THELETTERAX dot com. The number our five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. That's sixty four four twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station seven.
Speaker 4: Nineteen fifty five kr C, the talk station. It is that time of week. I always look forward to it. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman, joins the program every Monday at this time to do what we call the Smith Event. Christopher, Welcome back to the fifty five care Morning Show. Carosey Morning Show. My friend, it's always a pleasure having you on.
Speaker 7: Oh brother, thank you so much for having me on. And I tell you I'm praying for all the people across our our countries who are being who are being impacted by the flooding. Oh yes, all that's all children who lost their lives, you know, older people, people that are that are devastated. They're losing their property. And the only thing I'll say out loud, and I know you know you you your heart goes out too, is people have to just drive carefully, like think about what you're doing out there. There's a lot of water on our highways. Hydro Planing is real. And that's kind of the message that I sent out there to to to my family, just be careful and take your time, and this water is not going to receive probably all week, we're going to get more rain, so we just have to be careful and and and waited out. But my heart goes out to all the people across the Midwest and across the country down in the south who who've lost a lot, you know, by the rainfall that we've had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that one of the you that there was a house floating down a river, or somebody's entire house got washed away, you know, And that kind of thing does happen in flooding. But you know, as you point out, there are steps you can take to protect yourselves. And don't take any chances driving through flooded roads. I mean sometimes it can be a lot deeper than you think. Your car could get washed away. You're certainly having a possibility of the engine stalling out. I mean, there's not a whole lot of cars out there in the world that have snorkels on them to allow the intake to continue to consume air. So you know, don't don't be stupid about the water on the roads.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 7: No, and six inches of water, I mean you don't know what you don't know. If you if you have some type of major pothole, you know, due to that, you're dealing with water that's contaminated. You step on a nail or something, and and and now you're impacted that way. So you just have to be you just have to be very very careful. Yeah, sure, what I would say.
Speaker 4: And this is the first time we waited real quick here, Since this is the first time we've talked, I cannot tell you how how upset, sorry, and frustrated I was for having missed our our lunch appointment on Friday. Man, it just I felt so badly for I just kind of went into my typical Friday zone out mode after the show's over, and I zoned out completely. And I feel like I really let you down.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I was looking forward to that too.
Speaker 7: Brother. We will get together and and it will it will, It will come together. It is no problem. You know. What I want to do is just shout out to you. I had a great conversation with Corey Bowman's running for mayor, and I just want to say it was a great, great meeting, great conversation. It was. It was very nice meeting his wife who is expecting their fourth child. And I would encourage other people who who you know, when when candidate Bowman is out there running, that they take the time, no matter what their political persuasion is, to take the time to get to know them. So I just want to share with you there's a primary coming up, obviously there's a general election. I was very excited, enjoyed my conversation with him, and I'm going to endorse him. So I'm asking other people to look at him very very closely, you know. You know, we're as an independent and as a person who's been out in politics. I don't tell anybody how to vote. I can just tell them this is what I'm thinking as I look at what's happening in the city of Cincinnati as it relates to infrastructure, crime. Our CRS pension obviously is getting banged up real bad, you know, over the past a week. But that matters when you're sending out ten million dollars a month to retirees. So we've got to make sure that we are electing people that are very interested in dealing with the financial situation that the city is under. So I want to publicly say a great conversation with him, and I definitely will endorse him in the primary and in the general election against against our.
Speaker 4: Current Well, I'm glad to hear that. You know, obviously, I think it's I expected that in a way, Christopher, because I know you, and I know you're all about logic, common sense, and reason, and you've got your issues with the current administration. And I think Corey does represent a refreshing alternative to what has become the norm in the city of Cincinnati. He's going to have an uphill challenge that you got to admit with. And I don't think that the makeup of council is going to change. I mean, individuals may be different, but it's still gonna be a bunch of Democrats. Knowing how blue the city is.
Speaker 7: Well, what I can say is that, you know, there's some big things that are going on, and we're following what's happening in High Park. As an example, there's a major hotel that they're trying to put up where many people in High Park are saying they're not following the law, which is another way of saying they're not following the code, and they're trying to put something up that's really really big and tall, and they feel like it's going to impact the High Park Square area. Yeah, and I'm sharing with you High Park residents are waking up, and I think as they organize, they're going to be looking at people like a Corey Bowman, or they're going to be looking at different council members. And what I will share with you is their moments in Cincinnati history where there are things that happen that change elections. This could be one of those based on what's happening in Highe Park because right now they don't feel like people at city Hall are listening at the fifty one neighborhoods. Yes, right, the other fifty one neighborhoods are waking up, going hold on city Council and the mayor aren't listening to us. We're saying we don't we're not against development. We just don't want this thing that's too big, too tall. We wanted to fit in with our square. And they just are not getting the kind of support that they thought they should get. So look for Hide Park and places like Mount Lookout to be waking up and that could be a big opening for Corey Bowman.
Speaker 4: They really could. And we all know Hyde Park is a rather wealthy community and that could result in some campaign contributions going into Corey's offers, which he could certainly use. And in fact, since we mentioned Corey, He's got an event in priceal Chilli beginning at five pm tomorrow evening. If you want to meet him. He's really approachable, He's a very friendly guy, and he just absolutely loves this city. I mean, he has expressed just a profound love for the city of Cincinnati, and it comes through loud and clear, not just in his you know, his positive attitude about the city, but I think in what his platform is. You can go to Corey Bowman dot com and check that out. We'll pauseible bring Christopher back more topics to talk about with him.
Speaker 1: But first.
Speaker 4: H seven thirty here, fifty out there, so he talks dation. Brian Thomas engage in a conversation with Christopher smitheman this Smither event.
Speaker 1: Christopher, what else is on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Well, Stephanie Turner, who is a United States of America fencer, took a knee. Yeah, in the last four or five days and it just continues to blow me away. Brian Thomas that we're still having these now discussions about female sports. I want to again make it clear that men should not be competing against women in their sports. It is a safe place for women. How can you how can you be in Women's History Month that we just finished, or say that you're you're a dad, you got a daughter. You know you're a dad, or you're a mom and you have a daughter and you think it's okay for a dude to compete against your daughter in any sport. I mean, it's we're just we're swinging so far to the left on some of these common sense discussions. But to have this woman be so courageous to say I'm taking a knee. I am not going to fence a man. I'm not and I guarantee you as a fencer, she has been practicing and competing her whole life, and for her to take a knee like that right probably disqualified her and put her in a very bad position as she's trying to advance in her sport. And I'm just saying I want to commend her for having the courage, but again, it it gives me another moment to say she's right, and I am tired of the Democratic Party continuing to push this agenda. You know that men should be competing against women and boys should be competing against girls in their sports. Brian Thomas, I think it's outrageous and I think that we have to continue to be outspoken about it so girls and women understand that there are men that are standing in solidarity with them, saying that this is a safe place. And I'm a person that supports the LGBTQ plus community. I'm not this anti gay person. I'm saying this is too far. It has nothing to do with LGBTQ plus issues. Keep men out of women's face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know I'm on record is agreeing with you completely on that one. And you know I've always used the illustration just look at the world records. Look at the world records in any given sport. You know, I'd like your daughter's a swimmer. I mean the fifty free fifty meters freestyle, the male record is I think two or three seconds faster than the world record for the females. Why because men have a physical advantage over women and there's no.
Speaker 1: Arguing against that.
Speaker 4: And you know, when you think about transgender individuals, I'm not even going to argue about it. Listen, I believe you believe you're the opposite sex. I'm not arguing with you over that. You're entitled to your beliefs. Maybe you need psychological help, maybe you think you don't whatever. I can live into the same banner of freedom as that person. But when it comes to actual fairness in competition, just because you say you're a woman, you shouldn't be allowed to compete against women because of that unfair natural physical advantage you have done.
Speaker 1: End of story. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean we're supposed to. It is common sense. We're supposed to, and and and the other. The other component of this that always bothers me, Christopher, is that you and I are supposed to change our belief system to cater to their belief Now, I know for a fact, even if you do transgender surgery, you lop parts off or you sew them on, your chromosomal reality is not altered by that. That's a scientific fact. And I'm supposed to just accept that. No, you're a woman, now what. No, I'm not going to do that. I'll let you live your life that way. Fine, I'll you know you. I'm brace I could be friends with you, but don't expect me to change my mindset when mine is based on scientific reality.
Speaker 7: This is why so many Democrats continue to say that they did not leave the Democratic Party, but the Democratic Party left them. Yeah, and they keep moving in this direction, put our girls and our women in these unsafe environments. There was a there was a story out of a field hockey game where there was a man competing against a This is a college game, it's my understanding. But he threw that puck so hard that it knocked her teeth out in the front, like some of her front teeth. This is this is unsafe, Brian Thomas, and I'm gonna continue to stand with them. And again, Stephanie Turner had a lot of courage to take a knee because she's gonna pay a price. He's not like, oh, she's not gonna pay a price. To anybody that's listening. This is a woman who took who took a knee and said I'm not doing this, and and the and the bottom line is we need more women out there saying this is too far, and I just want to verbally stand in solidarity with her. I had the opportunity to speak at Oak Hills last week. Uh there's a there's a great coach out there, Coach Price, their superintendent, Jeff Brandt, and Pastor Kirk, who actually is the pastor for the Reds. He's there, he's there, he's their pastor for the for the Cincinnati Reads. And a friend of mine, Eric Keaton, got me out there to talk to them. And again this was to their athletes, right and so when in that room, right as I'm sitting there thinking I would not want men competing against our boys, competing against the girls that I was speaking to, and I wouldn't want a man competing against a woman. And so they are all in agreement and the cord that we've got to keep these safe places. But it was a great time. I enjoyed meeting all of the staff and faculty out at Oak Hills, and I look forward to going back and talking to them again. Brian Thomas, I want to share with you Corey Bowman sent me a text message. Early voting starts tomorrow for the mayor's race for the primary. So at the end of the day, you know, people I don't even know, probably that that primary kicks off tomorrow. This is the last day to register the voter to update your address, and so yet again I want to encourage he can't run. He can't run for mayor if he doesn't win the primary. So this is the first step. So people shouldn't sit it out, they should show up and vote for Corey Bowman.
Speaker 4: Appreciate their minder on that one. Let's bring Christopher back for a few more minutes. If it's about Garrosed. He talked dation Ryan Thomas with the former vice mayor of the City of Since Christopher Smith. Aman at vote Smith, Amen on your ex accounts, how you reach Christopher?
Speaker 1: What else did your mind to Dave Christopher Brother.
Speaker 7: We've got some federal courts that are just going wild out here, and it's my understanding there about six one hundred of them, these judges that keep trying to control the executive branch of the United States of America. And for me, it doesn't matter with the libertarian parts of my politics, or the independent part of my politics, or the Republican parts of my politics. You know, the reality of it is we have a separation of power for a reason, and so it's really important for citizens to understand, no matter what their politics are, that separation is there for a reason. And these courts are going crazy. It is so unacceptable, and I am shocked that the Supreme Court, we may have had the opportunity, haven't clarified the power of these courts. So the reality of it is, I pray that these deportations of gang members, of who are called MS thirteen gang members, no matter what the gang they're involved in. And my understanding is they're arresting some of these people Brian Thomas, right out of suburban homes. You know, they've got their kids out there. I'm a dad, whatever, boom boom bam. But they're living next to somebody who's a gang member, and maybe the people in the community didn't even know it. But you're living here illegally. You came illegally, you're living here illegally. And these courts are trying to intervene and give people who have jumped the fence, broken the prompt the process. Other people that came here legally and followed the process. They're trying to reward them in some kind of way. So this is a very interesting fight that I'm watching very closely, and I really hope the executive branch wins here for all of us. I don't want to see courts undermining elections when you have a person who was elected, no matter who they are, by the United States of America, to have a court trying to tell them what they can and can'tnot do with their executive power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and of course I firmly believe that we need to reform our immigration laws to provide some extra clarity on who we can kick out. And you know, the idea of being able to throw someone out without going through this long and arduous process. I mean, we're so backed up in these immigration hearings. What aither like seven or eight years of backups. You you come into the country, you get a free pass to come into the Biden administration's policies, and then you wait around for a hearing. And meanwhile these people just sort of disappear into the ether because the process is so slow, and they don't bother showing up to the hearings when the hearing date actually comes around.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm torn on this and the other component of this. And we talk about this with the Politanum and people get all outrage and upset about it. But we do have a due process clause in the Constitution now, to declare someone is a gang member, that's one thing, and they may very well be. But you know, if someone showed up at your door and said you're a gang member, we're kicking you out of the country, you might want to argue that, no, I'm not a member of a gang, and you better you got to prove it in the court of law than I'm actually a member of a gang if I'm going to fall into some you know, process that allows you to throw me out of the country. So I'm torn and mixed in my emotions being a you know, a constitutionally based person.
Speaker 7: I think in this particular case, that different agencies had defined this guy as a gang member, that he had been involved, you know, in one of the things that's been driving me crazy with some of these college students right who are here. It's a privilege, But then you come here saying you support hermas. You're demonstrating we're not talking about your free speech, we're talking about your behavior. You're throwing bricks through windows, you're setting things on fire. That doesn't give you the right to stay in this country. So when people argue and they say, well, this person has their freedom of speech, they're not being thrown out because of what they said. They're being thrown out because of what they did their actions. So they're things that you cannot do. And the other thing is you can't go into any other country and act like this and not find yourself in a prison and then they might not let you out for five or ten years. Right, We're very gracious in the United States about allowing some of the things that we have seen happen over the last four years. Look, brother, I want to close by saying our markets are going crazy. You know what I do for a living as a financial planner, and I'm going to be very cautious about what I can and cannot say. But I want to explain to your listening audience that margin calls are real. That people have gone out, they borrowed money for security that they own in their brokerage accounts, and some of this selling that we're seeing are what are called margin calls, where people are being called up being in said you've got to make your accounts hold. I've never done it. I don't buy things on margin. I don't buy things with loans when I'm buying securities. But you're going to see some of that most likely that action and you don't know why that person next to you is having to sell. But some of this has to be because of some margin calls, because people were not anticipating this kind of a decline, and so as we go lower, those bargin calls accelerate. Yeah, client had to either put the money in or they have to or the broker's firm will have to sell that security. So it looks it's still orderly, is what I'm seeing. I'm seeing something that's orderly, and I'm not in this kind of panic mode. Listen to your financial advisors and those financial professionals who are working with you. Do not get emotionally charged by some of the things that you're happening in the market action. I still see an orderly market out here. And some of this I think is absolutely based on people who have taken loans out and are getting margin calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that completely.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm I never checked my four oh one K plan, Christopher, because especially when markets go down like this, I don't want to get anxiety. They always end up going back at some point. I mean, look at how bad the markets got routed during COVID. I mean, people lost, you know, one third of their entire retirement account. But if you didn't touch it, you left it there, you gained it all back and then some. So you've seen these cycles before, Christopher.
Speaker 7: I have, and I just say that you know there are people out there that that are working with a lot of people and and and seek that advice and and work with those financial professionals to make sure you're not making an emotional decision. It's a it's a it's a it's a logical decision. And I just want to close out by again just where I started, you know, because the election starts tomorrow and Corey Bowman is on the ballot in a primary, and they typically the primaries are very thin. A lot of people don't participate in primaries. So people should know that the election for mayor has started. It starts tomorrow, and people should get out there and vote for for Corey Bowman. I want to see a change in city Hall. You know. The pothole situation is steel ridiculous. The snow removal when we had it was ridiculous. Our Cincinnati retirement system is still in trouble. This the market action that we're seeing right now is not making that any better brain. And so we need to elect furious people right who are interested in solving some of the bigger problems that Cincinnati has before it's too late. I don't want somebody playing this radio interview that you and I are having saying Smitherman's been talking about the Cincinnati retirement system. We're the only city in the state of Ohio that has a retirement system. And when the retirement system goes under, so does the city of Cincinnati. Every taxpayer in the City of Cincinnati is responsible for bailing out the Cincinnati retirement system. And when I left, it still had an eight hundred million dollar unfunded liability. That liability is going to continue to expand over time. There was about two point one billion two point two billion in assets, and we needed to have three billion. And so as long as we continue to elect people that take their eye off the ball and they're down there talking about what's happening in Israel and Hamak, I'm talking about on the floor of city councils passing resolutions about what's going on in Israel and Hamas though they are not serious about solving the big problems that Cincinnati has. And I just say sometimes the smaller things are the things that they should be focused on that are most important to the citizens, like potholes. I'm tired of driving over them my tires and I know they're citizens that are listening that their tires were blown out. And then you don't get a response. The city won't reimburse the citizens. They tell you that there's a process, but when you try to get into the process, you can't get in the process. And so please go out there again. Vote for Corey Bowman for mayor in this primary, and vote for him in the general election. Brian Thomas, I appreciate you so much giving me the time and the voice on your show on Mondays from seven to twenty until about a quarter tail of ten minutes to eight. I appreciate you, thank you.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate you brother. Take the weight off my shoulders, and I always love what you have to say. We'll talk again next Monday. Have a wonderful week. A friend, just shout us seven fifteen fifty five cares the talk station you want those fifty three I think about KRCD talk station. A very happy Monday if you try to make it so anyway. Money Monday with Brian James talking about financial planners. We're talking about the markets and the sink of the markets and everything else. We have Brian James, and let's talk about since at VA's todd Sledge returns at eight forty with some valuable information for my veteran friends. We've got time for a quick call. Here, got Bobby on the phone. Bobby, welcome on the program.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday, my brother.
Speaker 12: It may not be that happy, but you know, you got to speak the truth and speaking the truth and the public square.
Speaker 1: That's the way it is. That's the way it is. Amen, brother. Hey.
Speaker 12: As for the stock market, people have to understand I was on there six weeks ago and said we were going to have a forty percent drop. These institutions and the foreign markets invest in our stock market, not individuals, very few, and we're already at twenty percent, So expect another twenty percent drop within the next three weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, wish you call, wish you could call with them better predictions there, Bobby. People are already really really from the twenty percent drop we felt so far.
Speaker 12: They're just facts, my friend. And also all these circuit court judges and everything, everybody keeps talking about like the chief judges in DC that you got fifteen of them, five of them were born out of this country. And people need to look at the facts and everything. It's no different than Epoch that had a nice picture the National Mall Saturday. You look at the people there, Not one person out of hundreds of people we reviewed, nobody had on anything patriotic.
Speaker 1: There wasn't a wow, it wasn't the shirt. Nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, those organized, those organized rallies had nothing at all to do with patriotism. It's just batcrap insanity from a bunch of useful idiots being directed by you know, multi millionaires like Sorows to attack our country. I mean, they don't make any sense. I mean, you know, I just keep saying, why don't you look up the definition of fascism? When you free start calling Donald Trump with fascists, why don't you look at what the reality is of what DOGE has done to help save Social Security and Medicare by getting rid of or medicaid, by really getting rid of the fraud, waste and abuse that's going on in there, rather than accusing them of getting rid of it and cutting people off. It's insanity, absolute insanity. Anyway, we will deal with the markets.
Speaker 1: Money.
Speaker 4: Money is Brian James coming up out for the top of our news. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: What's doge digging out doing ill of a job? Check can often for the latest.
Speaker 11: I call it the Force of super Geniuses.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: At four coming up in aighth five A fifty five kr CV talk station at a very happy Monday tea always made extra happy because we get to talk to Brian James and its financial planner is with all words financial Brian, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 4: Timing is everything. It's good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, good morning, and hey let's talk about those reds.
Speaker 1: Let's start with happy news and how that doesn't work either. Yeah that does.
Speaker 4: I know that doesn't work either. I hope you live on high ground. I had my Facebook a kind of open and just everybody's posting pictures of how these rivers are just busting at the seams, and somebody emailed me posting like Route fifty is underwater and it's just insane, and then of rain that's gone on out there.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 11: Yes, we have some friends and family who were visiting Ohio. University, for it was Mom's weekend, and there were texts and messages flying around over exactly how you could get out of Athens and get back here to Cincinnati. So lots of that going on, and unfortunately we seem to be the toilet of our neighborhood. All of the water runs downhill to us, so we're okay, but my sump is going to run for a month straight.
Speaker 4: Oh jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately we happen to be on high ground on top of the hill in Simms Township as opposed to the bottom of the hill where the Little Miami River is in Loveland is also flowing over the bank. So God blood prayers to everybody out there who's having a cope with that. Hopefully it'll dry out real soon. Anyhow, we got to get to it. Bad news in the market. How many trillions of dollars were wiped out last week in the market, Brian James.
Speaker 1: Well, just more than a couple.
Speaker 11: So we've seen obviously a lot of volatility. And if you haven't looked at your four oh when k goes ahead and don't, there's no need.
Speaker 1: If you were, we will be fairly predictable on this.
Speaker 11: But if you were properly diversified in the first place, then this is just eating your vegetables.
Speaker 1: It's no fun. Nobody wants to do it.
Speaker 11: But yes, of course, when the markets are getting hammered across the board, your investments are going to come down to. So what happened, of course, was we had we've got some tariffs now that we haven't dealt with the big news from last week. And what really triggered is after President Trump unveiled his sweeping plan across all of our US partners. This was a ten percent minimum tear iff on all imports in Canada and Mexico are exempt from that because they're stuck with twenty five percent. But the big thing that happened was China came back and said this is kind of the first response. China came back and just said, okay, we're going to put thirty four percent on products coming from the United States into China. So basically it's a bit of a tennis match now as as we fire shots, you know, kind of back and forth. But I think the market may have been sort of hoping, and I'm sure President Trump was definitely hoping that we're going to levy these big, scary tariffs, but we're going to swing such a big stick that everybody's just gonna buckle and it'll all go away over the weekend. Maybe a little naive, that's definitely not happening. But China's response is what triggered the massive sell off on Friday, and it's going to continue today.
Speaker 1: So prepare for a bumpy ride.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed, And I guess given the trade imbalance with China, know, Trump keeps talking about that they don't buy nearly as much stuff from US as we buy from them.
Speaker 11: Correct, there's a massive imbalance there. The twenty twenty fourth deficit with China was almost three hundred billion, and our imported goods were about four hundred and thirty eight billion. So and ironically, that's how the tariff calculation was. They're simply taking half of that deficit and applying it against the against the import numbers, and so basically every country gets kind of different calculation there. But the whole point is just to reduce the deficit. We want to make it more profitable for the United States to be in these situations in the first place, to be trading, and we have given up a lot. Of course, as President Trump says, that's very true. What has driven the stock market a lot, even American companies, is the idea that other countries are willing to trade with our country, but over decades we've allowed them to grab a little more here, grab a little more there by levying tariffs against us.
Speaker 1: Trump wants to tear the band.
Speaker 11: Aid off and set us back to a little more level playing field. No way to get there without somebody taking a significant hit. Obviously, these countries don't want to take that hit, so they're going to swing back, and it's just going to be a couple of rounds of haymakers back and forth until everybody settles down.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess what would the landscape look like if it was an equal playing field. If let's say they eradicated tariffs and nobody charged anybody for stuff coming in or going out? Would that be economically devastating countries? Are they reliant upon these terraffs to keep their uh uh, to to keep the process going, to keep their governments open, to keep them from a financial collapse?
Speaker 1: I mean? Is that? Is that the point of this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think that in the short run, in the very short run. If everybody just agreed, you know what, we're going to take all the tariffs off the table completely, then countries that were relying on that obviously are going to see a reduction in the income that they're getting. Because the United States never objected, we were we were cool with it for for decades, and so that would effectively be like a price reduction in the amount of revenue that they're bringing in, and therefore that's going to be a hit to their economies. They can't afford to simply let it all go away. Uh, you know, no country can can is going to be able to simply reduce the revenue they've got coming in and still get all of their bills paid. So that's why they're they're trying to fight back and just make sure that they retained some some level of that income they had coming in because they just can't afford it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you know.
Speaker 4: Their component of this is it would allow their people to at least afford American products as presently, with some of the terraces as high as they are, they're just not buying them. I mean, there's a reason we have a trade imbalance because they cannot afford to purchase American products.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, that has a lot to do with it. And then we doubled down on that by making it political too, so now it's a statement to not buy American products. I saw a picture online of a Canadian supermarket where Canadian strawberries were listed at six dollars a little box of them.
Speaker 1: And those were pretty much sold out.
Speaker 11: The American ones right next door to them were four bucks a box and plenty to go around. So there's there's more than just the economics happening at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know they can make their own choices along those lines. You choose not to buy something, you choose not to buy some gets why nobody buys bud Light beer anymore. And whether or not that'll ever come back is I suppose it depends upon whether we iron out our differences and get this away from politics and just start talking about, you know, plain simple economic realities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 11: This this isn't unprecedented though we've had tariffs before. Remember when the Holly Smoot Act was nothing more than a funny line from Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 1: Dale, all of.
Speaker 11: A sudden, it shows up all the time, because this is the that was the last time we saw tariffs raised in to this extent.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, we're a little we're a little past that. Now.
Speaker 11: This is historic in scope. It didn't work during the Great Depression. So the goal then, though, was a little bit different. The goal was to hopefully prop up the US market front the US economy from a very very very extremely weak position. It was dead on the table. This is a little bit different where this is a negotiating tactic. I don't think President Trump would would would mind at all if all these tariffs went away pretty quickly, if he got what he wanted in terms of, uh, you know, of the concessions from our customers. Basically that's the goal. I think this is a negotiation tactic. The man is a He wrote The Art of the Deal was his big book back in the eighties. That's what he's all about. So this is simply a way to say, hey, this is what America is willing to do and what it is no longer willing to do. Some of it is going to be a little bit of a sleight of hand, smoking mirrors, because I don't think anybody believes we're truly going to maintain fifty percent tariffs on some of these countries forever and ever, because they'll simply never buy from US again.
Speaker 1: That makes it a negotiating tactic.
Speaker 4: Well, and I know we learned from COVID that we and I know it's a broad statement, maybe too large a brush. We don't make anything anymore here, but you know, it is a fact that China does manufacture the vast majority of the component parts that go into pharmaceuticals, if not manufacture them, generally speaking, that's a dangerous position to be in considering, you know, we could end up in some sort of shooting war with China and we can't get pharmaceuticals. So this may bring back some of those some of those manufacturing facilities here in the United States, which would provide some measure of security. I think that'd be a positive benefit from.
Speaker 11: It, absolutely, and if that actually happens now. The one scary thing that I can't I quite get my head around, as we had the same situation with semiconductors. We were buying so much of them, virtually all of them from Asia, a lot of them from Taiwan, with whom we have a good relationship. But it does seem like any day now that could become China. So the answer to that was to build a couple of plants a little southeast of Columbus. Intel was building plants to produce these things on shore.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: I don't understand why that has come in the crosshairs, but for some reason there is there are concerns that that's not going to be happen anymore.
Speaker 1: So some of these puzzle pieces don't quite fit.
Speaker 4: Okay, and real quick here before we take a break and come back, Brian James. When the Smooth Holly Terrraffact went in, and obviously it was a disaster for us. It exacerbated the Great Depression, and it has always gone down in history. Is a really terrible policy position by Hoover. But what were the what was the terraff situation like relative to American exports? Was it the same? Were there other countries tariff American imports or or was the landscape I mean, in other words, is it a comparable comparison?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 11: So yeah, So a lot of countries did respond with their own tariffs, and that just reduced the overall trade.
Speaker 1: Activity with the United States.
Speaker 11: Became very protective and isolationist, and other countries responded in kind, and that led to a sixty five percent decrease in international trade between nineteen twenty nine and nineteen thirty four. So that's why ben Stein says they did not work and the United States sank further into the Great Depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Boy, the Wall Street journals really got its hire up against the Trump administration for this. Normally they're, you know, kind of side with you, conservative leaning at least to a certain degree. I know they're they're rather politically neutral, but leaning toward you know, pro business, pro capitalism. Man, you can't find a positive word to be said in the Wall Street Journal of late.
Speaker 7: Not a lot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Automotive CEOs Jim Farley, Ford, Mary Barrow, General Motors are expressing really strong concerns. The technology industry has never been a huge fan of Trump other than magically showing up on the dais this egnauguration overnight, but they've been absolutely crushed. Steel is one of the places where that actually possibly could benefit from all of this. So some of those CEOs have been a little more supportive than the rest. But in general, generally speaking, things that slam on the brakes in the economy are generally not good. For any publicly traded company, and CEOs are starting to pipe up about it.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll bring Brian James back to talk more about these and other topics. Ouctation Brian Thomas, the Money mondays Brian James. I just but I tried to put a positive spin on this disaster disaster several days, and looks like it's going to drop again today.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 4: Futures when I got up this morning were about three and a half four percent down, but they backed off a little bit to about two percent. But we're dealing with do we call this a bear market? I mean, at what point is there a declaration like, hey, we're in a bear market. I mean, there's a thing called a correction, and we've been hearing about that coming for a long time. Is this perhaps related to a market correction that was expected? Is this the beginning of the recession that you joked about last week, Brian, that's been coming now what for three and a half four years? Oh my god. Recessions right around the corner. Recessions right around the corner. So put this in perspective and maybe try to spend this positively, because as you know, and I know, and you and I both lived through a lot of these market downward trajectories. They always end up popping back up and ended up end up making more money over the long haul.
Speaker 1: So it's the story.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they absolutely so, Yeah, we're we in a bear market. Yeah, it's looking that way. Depends on your definition of bear market. But let's just say we're not in a good one. So still, as you hinted that though stocks are cyclical, we've had twelve bull markets and twelve bear markets since nineteen forty nine, and that might think that might make you go, well, we got a one out of two chance, right.
Speaker 1: It's either good or it's bad.
Speaker 11: The difference is that bull markets are much longer and they rise much further than bear markets, so bear markets are relatively short. The average length of a bear market is one point one year. At one point one years, and it averages the a thirty five percent decline, so that that's basically on average, we take that hit and we lose about a third and then we move on. A bull market, on the other hand, last five years and the average return over that time period cumulatively is two hundred and seventy percent, so we grow a lot further. We go think of the long term chart of a market. They go up, not down, and a lot of people get panicked. We are at when we're at a market peak, which we were in mid February. The market was at an all time high. As recently as mid February, news came out, headlines came out the market didn't like, and it's taken back some of that value. But people get worried when they hear we're at an all time high. Well, the next step is down, right, it has to be down. We're at an all time high. The market is usually at an all time high. That's what it does. It goes up, not down. Therefore, we're almost always at a long time high. So the thing to share about this And I actually just got an email a little bit from a little bit ago from a client saying, am I looking at this right? Am I only down seven percent? When I know the market's down fifteen or twenty percent based on whatever index you're looking at? And answers, yeah, all work is good at what we do. But this is the whole point of diversification for this gentleman. He's got a diversified portfolio. He's also got international stocks he's got fixed income in there. These are two things that nobody has cared about for a couple of decades, but those are propping up the market. If you have a diversified portfolio, then that's kind of holding you up. You might actually be making money in some of those positions, believe it or not. And again, that is the point of a diversified portfolio. That's why we don't go all in on the S and P five hundred just because it seems like you don't need to own anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've made that point many times, and it's just it is sound, sound advice, and it's one of the reasons why you have a financial planner. Now, in terms of the FED and interest rates, what impact might this downward trending market have on that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So these tariffs are going to act like a pretty good tax increase on imported goods. So that's going to slow the economy, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: The debate is what will the degree be.
Speaker 11: So what we're thinking right now, and this kind of echoes a lot of what you hear from other economists. If all these announced of stick, GDP growth is going to be cut by a couple percentage points over the next year or two, so that that will take us from what we did. We did have a modest growth outlook and could push it toward recession. Not going to be overnight recessions never are. We're not going to wake up one day and say that, hey, we just started a recession this morning. It's going to be Yeah, the recession started a few months ago. If this happens, and the same way on the way out as we exit a recession. And we've been through this before, don't forget we had a recession. We had a COVID related recession that was over and done with pretty quickly. But it won't be announced that. Everybody back in the pool, you know this morning, everything's wonderful, It'll be okay. A couple months ago things turned positive and we've confirmed that the numbers are and we're now out of a recessionary environment.
Speaker 1: This one is self inflicted.
Speaker 11: We chose to put in the catalysts that are causing it. That is, I sort of compare that to COVID a little bit, because COVID had nothing to do with the overall economy and how it was progressing on its own. It was something that came out of left field, of course, and it was how we reacted to it. Underneath it all the economy before that was acting. Okay, it was in pretty good shape. That's the same situation we have right now. We chose to put these tarifs in place, countries chose to react the way they have, and the market is reacting accordingly versus a two thousand and eight where the underlying structures were at risk.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, and like you said, the market would have continued and percolated along fine until we decided to shut everything down and lock everything down and stop the economy from moving forward.
Speaker 11: Correct. We pushed a button. This is not just the weather turning bad. We pushed a button to make it happen. All right, Well, don't panic, is what you're saying. The financial planner in here, which is more of a counselor, it's talking people off the ledge and just let it ride out. We too will come out the other side at some juncture. Just got to have to wait and see approach to it. So it is, well, learn your history. We've been through these things before. We'll go through them again. Go back in time and see what the market has done there. Have been five years that are attention getters where we're down more than that's including your great depression the seventies, the tech bubble bursting nine to eleven, two thousand and eight, and so forth. Each and every one of those five years, Brian Thomas, was followed by a year that had a huge upswing.
Speaker 1: The pendulum swings back.
Speaker 4: And forth, it does, Brian James, appreciate your sound advice and little dose of optimism there toward the end, with obviously a concern for expressed by a lot of people where the markets are going. Brian, we'll talk again next month. I hope you have a wonderful week and good luck talking people off the ledge this week.
Speaker 1: All right, I appreciate you have good week day drive.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, you too, take twenty five fifty five carries the talk station. Feel free to call Sean can open up the phone lines. We got a little time before we get to Todd Sledge from the since Anava, maybe get a comment up beyond that, I got local stories to dive on into.
Speaker 1: The first A word for the weather Channel nine says we have a partly cloudy day to day. Enjoy the warmth.
Speaker 4: It's going to go up there fifty six because we got a freeze warning kicking in at one a m. Night and frost is very likely. Skis will be clear going down to twenty five degree tomorrow mostly Sunday day with the Hives forty.
Speaker 1: Five few clouds every night.
Speaker 4: Dina dropped to twenty nine and again more frost Wednesday. Clouds will increase as the next chance rain is over Wednesday night fifty four to the high on Wednesday thirty seven degrees right now on time for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the UCL Traffic Center. April is Donate five month. Register to become an organ donor or explore living donation at u.
Speaker 1: See health dot com.
Speaker 13: Slash Transplant southbound seventy five continues to be a slow go into Middletown thanks to an accident blocking the right two lane since an extra half hour from Franklin Better news closer to downtown both Wrecks and the Western Hills via up and at Freeman Clear northbound fourth seventy one is backing up through Southgate. That's folks looking for an alternative from the closed roads due to floody chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 4: Ay thirty two th five KRCP Talk station together decent Monday, get to hear from the Sincinnada's Tod Sledge. Come to the next segment, get a couple of segments with them. Plenty to talk about too. Where should veterans go and what online platform should they useing the Tristain when tracking their well stay information to their information metsin s at Va, among.
Speaker 1: Other topics with Todd Sledge.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, we got three river gauges that the well the weather folks are watching. We're all kind of keeping their eyes on the Ohio River. They say is going to crest today at sixty point five three point five feet, nowhere close at a record levels. Going to learn a lot of impacts your communities along the river. Levels also remain steady or at least in modern flood stage for the next several days. Turning over to the Kentucky River at Lockport, Kentucky. Forecast is to crest tomorrow at fifty six feet, which apparently is near the all time record at fifty six point nine feet that was set back in January of nineteen thirty seven. Then you go over to the Licking River in Falmouth, Kentucky, cities of a Butler and Falmouth. I've been ordered to a mandatory evacuations due to flooding. I presume that's still the case. This is according to reporting really late yesterday afternoon by WXIX at the Licking River at Falmouth is exposed to crest well at nine pm yesterday height thirty eight point six, so several roads have been closed. My friend Eric sent me a text this morning saying Route fifty was closed. So please, as Christopher Smithan said, please be careful if you're in your car crossing some flooded roads. You gotta be really careful about that. See here speaking of being careful with A man rescued from floodwaters happened Sunday afternoon at the former location of Coney Island since I police said a man somehow got into the area where Cony used to be, currently flooded because of the Ohio River levels. Man got roughly thirty feet into the now defunct park before well needing to be rescued. Local news WCPO saw a cruise bringing the man back to dry land on our raft. They also reported an suv was seen almost fully submerged in the water near Coney Island's front gates. Early on Sunday, fire crews in downtown Cincinnati had a rescue a woman who had taken shelter at the stage in Sawyer Port. Sawyer points similar to the rescue your Coney cruise, put a life vest on the woman and then inflated a raft a retriever from the stage. So obviously many neighborhoods have been impacted by this. Ready roads have been closed, and we can only hope and pray that things dry out quickly. And finally you got three men from Kentucky had been arrested in charge of connections with the shooting of a man having a Brown County corner of the sheriffs announcement. This past week, deputies responded to two fifty seven Hickory Street in Aberdeen almost seven o'clock in the morning after receiving a call about a man stating that he had been shot. High State Highway with Patrol troopers and Brown County deputies both arrived at the scene. They found fifty one year old Kelly Applegate shot in the chest corner of the Sheriff's office. The suspect had fired multiple rounds at Applegate and he was then taken to the hospital. Wednesday, April second, Brown County Deputies, with help from Mason County Sheriff's Office in the Mayswell Police Department, arrested fifty six year old Michael Fight and forty seven year old Jerry Cooper, both from Dover in connection with the shooting. Next day, deputies with help from some other agencies, arrested sixty ten year old George Kendall from Maysville on what they call additional charges. All three suspects charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit attempted murder, which our first degree felon. He's being held with the Mason County Detention Center Center and awaiting extradition to Brown County.
Speaker 1: Todd Sledge coming up next.
Speaker 4: Stick around for that information from my veteran friends and a listening audience, and God bless each and every one of you.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 4: Hey, thirty eight fifty five carric Detalk station. If you're having a decent Monday. Ryan Thomas always pleased to see, especially in studio, Todd Sledge and the since NAVA taking great care of our veterans each and every day. They are appreciate all of the cincinnt VA does for my veteran friends and the listening audience. And you know me, I love to help out veterans and veterans causes, and I know Todd Sledge does too. Todd, welcome back to the Morning Show. Thanks for making the trip in. Yeah, it's great to see in person for a change instead of over the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am.
Speaker 4: I always mention that because you know, it's so much easier to have a conversation with somebody when you're staring at the face in the face Yeah right, jeez, Louise. So what is going on at the VA we need to talk about today? Well, there's a lot going on, Brian, you know a lot of different things. Today I wanted to focus on all the different tracking and communication mechanisms that veterans should be plugged into to see all the information that we have going on and how they can see what's happening with with their VA healthcare system. But before we do that, I have a I have something I like to do personally with you. I have a challenge coin. Oh yeah, from the VA.
Speaker 8: And I just wanted to recognize on behalf of all of our veterans and all of our folks there that you're outstanding dedication and service and recognition my friends.
Speaker 1: So my brother, thank you very much for that. So we couldn't do it without you.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is a true, true honor I have over the years, you know, because you know me, I love helping out veterans of veterans' causes, so I have accumulated quite a few of these over there.
Speaker 1: I knew you didn't need an explanation on one.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I tell you how to shake your hand and grab a hold of it. So the only problem is is the challenge component of it by a couple of beers over the years, you know what I mean. Anyhow, thank you. I've cherished this. Thank you for what you do.
Speaker 8: I mean, the relationship we've had all these years and with your listeners, it's been fantastic.
Speaker 4: Well it's the least I can do. Again, I always like to point it I never enlisted, and I have so much respect for the men and women who actually went and went down that road, not knowing what their future head in store for them. That's a that's just an amazing accomplished an amazing thing to do. And you guys are all wonderful people, So thank you very much for so much pleasure. And I just something you point out all the time. I want to make sure I get it in now before or we move on to the topics that we have to talk about today. If you get care from the VA, and I'm pretty confident you're gonna get really good care. But someone had complained to me a couple of weeks ago about something and I said to him, I go, did you say something to the folks that have since any VA about it? Did you put you know, I don't know if there's a form to fill out, but I said, they're really good at, you know, addressing concerns because they want to make the process as smooth and painless and as effective as efficient as possible. So don't you know, speak your mind. You don't have to be a jerk about it, but be sure and go ahead and let them know about your concerns.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I say it all the time.
Speaker 8: We have a full service patient advocate office, you know, I call it our concierge office. You know, if you've got to complaint, you got a concern, or you just don't understand something, something doesn't make sense. These advocates are there to be your your personal liaison between that department or that service to help resolve the problem. It goes directly to that administrator, who then works with that staff. And I kind of take something from from what my grandfather told me many many years ago. He said, Todd, if you have a problem, it's like having a rock in your shoe. If you don't take the rock out of the shoe and keep walking on it, you can't say anything because it's your fault for not taking the rock out of the.
Speaker 4: Shoe exact exactly. And to the extent you have a problem or a complaint, it's possible that one of your fellow veterans does too and they haven't set any so, so bring it to their intention and don't don't hesitate to do so.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 4: In terms of tracking, you know, there's a lot of online stuff, there's a lot of apps out in the world. I suppose one of the larger challenges is you've got a lot of senior veterans, and quite often they are and this is no insult to them, they're technologically challenged and they need a little bit of help. You know, navigating how the house and the whys and the warforce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so what we you know, we use a lot of different things like everybody else. Our Facebook page is very robust, and I really encourage people to be plugged into that or to make sure that caregiver or that spouse or someone who's helping you know, grandpa or grandma or aunt and uncle follow what's going on, because we use that a lot as not national information on what we have going on locally. There's also something on our website called gov Delivery where you actually can subscribe to receive information we pushed directly out, okay from that mechic newsletter kind of thing. Yeah, it's like a kind of like an online newsletter like email mechanism and lets you know, like, hey, here's this announcement. Whether it's about the parking issues that you know keep going on at the hospital, or medication recalls, different changes with clinics.
Speaker 1: There's the variety of things.
Speaker 8: So you know, we have, like everybody else, our websites are our Facebook pages in this gov Delivery and these are all three things you definitely want to be tracked into, and some other things we'll talk about in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Yo, okay.
Speaker 4: And you know, in addition to the assistance you can get directly at this in same VA. I got to put a shout out to all the Veteran Services commissions out there because they can help you navigate this process.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, well, I know Clarmont County Veteran Services comes on all the time and we're happy to help you hook up to the app. We're happy to help you get your VA benefits and everything. So yep, same way, same way, great, great, multiple multiple ways of doing that. And the website again.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati dot VA dot gov, our Facebook page of Cincinnati Via and get a chance to talk with you here in a few minutes about our podcast that we got going on.
Speaker 4: Podcast. Yeah, well, let's just dive on into that right now. You're the one that brought it up. You're doing a podcast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we started a podcast about two months ago and thanks to my colleague Chris Klug, who's on with me, he came up. He said his wife had a big influence on the name. But the podcast is called Beyond the Boots and I.
Speaker 1: Love that name. Oh that's great. I love the name. Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's on Spotify, it's on Apple Go check it out. It's about a nineteen twenty minute podcast where we talk very candidly about the VA healthcare benefits. The veterans can get why they should use VA. We've had some veterans on there. Is want to talk about their their stories and journeys, and so that's a great mechanism be plugged into anytime.
Speaker 1: Well, and signing up for.
Speaker 4: Your VA benefits is critically important because it is healthcare. You know, you can have your own medical insurance or your employer, but this, you know, these are benefits. As always like to point out that you earned as a consequence of your service. And you know what you want it. You want to get hearing age, you need glasses. There's a lot of things that you'll provide that insurance companies just aren't going to have a part of.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, you know, hearing aids, eyeglasses, mental health care, prosthetics, there's some of those big, those big elements that do cost a private in the private sector a lot of bit of money to do. Yeah, and uh, you know, I run across veterans all the time who are spending thousands and thousands of dollars on these hearing aids and we can give you the same once, you know, for free.
Speaker 1: Uh and uh, you know, come and get them. I mean it's just amazing to me.
Speaker 4: All right, Save forty five will bring Todd Sledge back to talking about some other elements of the cincinne Via healthcare system and how they benefit you. Don't go away, be.
Speaker 1: Right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Get ready for spring and have your root eight forty eight fifty five care see de talk station. Happy Monday to you, Todd Sledge, since a VA in studio. God bless you, Todd Sledge. I truly truly appreciate the gesture getting that challenge coin from the sinsin VA. That means a world to me. And uh and one more time, because you mentioned the podcast. You mentioned the name of the podcast, but off air you said, I mean it took off right away. You got great numbers. There's a lot of veterans you're listening to it. So I just wanted to emphasize that because if a veteran's out there, I didn't even know there's a podcast, we'll apparently join in the fun.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: It's marketed and stated on our Facebook page as well as our website.
Speaker 1: Called Beyond the Boots.
Speaker 8: You can find it if you know, if you're on Spotify, Apple, different YouTube as well. And it just took off as soon as we started doing it, and a lot of good feedback from veterans. They like the shortness, the candidness of it. And I'm very fortunate to have my colleague Chris from my office, who is a veteran combat veteran as well, proude of a perspective that you know that I can't from from non military service, but from the VA side.
Speaker 1: It's a good combination. That's great. I'm glad you're doing that now. I understand you.
Speaker 4: Also, the since AVA hosts virtual town hall meetings, how often is this done and what kind of topics you talk about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So what we do is the virtual platform allows us that we have to call out to target it veterans. And the amount that we're able to do that is about we can reach twenty thousand veterans through this telecommunication approach that we have, So we might, for example, and we do it quarterly, so it's every three months. We might target a population that says, okay, who's been newly enrolled within the last three years to the Cincinnativa and we can specifically reach out to that group. They get a robo call that tells them that this town hall is going to happen the day before. Then they get another call about two minutes before the actual town hall happens. Then they're brought on into you know, like a teleconferencing system where my boss, the director, other subject matter experts are their. Plus, there are screeners on the back end that allows veterans to ask questions that we can scroll and go through and see, you know, if there's a general question we can we can take live to the entire group. We do that, but we don't take personal health information, and we average out of that twenty thousand, we average over about three thousand that state on for that twenty five minute town hall.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. He's been an amazing reach and good feedback.
Speaker 8: And those that have questions that we don't get to our patient advocate office, who I mentioned earlier, they follow up with these folks. If it's about I couldn't get a dermatology appointment, or I'm lost about what happens with this, or my claim I'm having trouble getting a response on my claim. We follow up with those approaches and make sure everybody gets an answer back.
Speaker 4: Oh that's wonderful. I'm glad to hear that's been so successful as well. Now, you mentioned that one of the great things you do provide in because veterans are sort of cut from a different chunk of fabric as the rest of the society did not serve in terms of mental health benefits. I know, most insurance plans, at least as i've come to understand, have a very limited like you get ten yep, and that's it. Is there any limitation on mental health services at the VA for the veterans?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is not.
Speaker 8: Excuse me, there is not any limitation on the mental health services. I mean, whether it's a bounce back and forth between residential impatient outpatient one on one medications groups, whatever you might need, there's no cap on. You know, Hey, you've gone through this program twice and you can't do it any further sometimes, you know, given the challenges with what our veterans deal with, they may need to go through some of our processes multiple times and that's okay, and it's no detriment or negativity to them. This what have we got to do to get you where you need to get to exactly.
Speaker 4: You know, at least you're not doing Freudian therapy that takes like ten years on the couch and talking about your childhood and right, yeah, absolutely absolutely. Now is there any telehealth through that since AVA.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there is. We do all kinds of telehealth. We do telehealth mental health as well. Oh that's great, Yeah, mental health, dermatology, nutrition and food service, weight loss management, whole health. So the veterans have a whole gamut of especially a lot of our younger veterans love it where they're like, you know, hey, I can go out to my car or a private area at lunch or on a break and I can see my therapist, or I can see my doc, or I can see who I need to to get that exposer. She you don't have to come to the VA and do that. We have a lot of veterans that like to Brian. They like to come down there and they like to get the hospitality that goes on and the camaraderie.
Speaker 1: But we do offer a lot of telehealth. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Camaraderie is a critical thing for the veterans especially, I think as I've come to learn from from some some other organizations Patriots Landing for example, in northern Kentucky. Yeah, those guys, you know, need each other and they really benefit from being together. Absolutely, So I understand that component well. But I also understand the ease and convenience of telehealth and the idea that you can just sort of leave the room and sit in your car with a zoom screen and you know, talk with your therapist. You mentioned dermatology telehealth, like you just show a picture of your own pretty much arm with the with the whatever is going on there? Can you tell me what this is?
Speaker 12: Doctor?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 8: You know some things that they can do, you know, through a screen without having to do some type of physical exam that you know, usually that's usually a follow up. You know, somebody came in saw a specialist and you know, it's follow up to how things are going. So that way, you know, I'm inconvenience of that person. That veterans time to be able to get seen in a timely manner really does help with telehealth.
Speaker 4: All right, So it's easy to get your VA benefits d D two fourteen discharge papers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, d well, it's it's helpful.
Speaker 8: You know, that validates everything It's not a necessity because we do have systems in place where we can check, you know, as the different records and different things that go on and validate stuff the way things are integrated.
Speaker 1: But it is helpful to have.
Speaker 8: It makes the eligibility process go go quick and as as you help me many times as well as I do, it's it's an easy call. Five one, three, four seven, five, six, four nine nine is that eligibility number. And our eligibility specialists are there to walk you through the process, help you understand what we need to do.
Speaker 4: Five one, three, four seven, five, six, four nine nine. You got the benefits, take a hold of them and enjoy all the the wonderful services the Cincinnati is VA is offering, and it just keeps getting better.
Speaker 1: It's usome.
Speaker 4: You and I have been talking for years and you have you have accomplish so many goals, and you have made things so much better for the American veteran over the years. You're always in a process of trying to make things better, and I truly appreciate it. On behalf of my veteran listeners, Well, thank you. Buy we couldn't do it without you. It's a good partnership. It's just wonderful being a position to be able to do this. You're going to have this conversation Todd s Ledge, God bless you and thanks again for the challenge. Coin Man, I certainly will cherish it. Scott Warman from The Enquirre was on earlier seven oh five. He took over for Sharon Coolidge, talked about what he's going to be reporting on in some of the more significant topics that are going on right here in the city Sincinnati. Christopher Smithman with a smith Event Money Monday with Brian James, and of course this conversation all on the podcast page A fifty five care se dot Com. Thank you Sean McMahon for covering four. Joe Strecker, I'll see you tomorrow, folks. Tune in tomorrow the Bright Bart Insight Scoop, the Daniel Davis Deep Dive, among other things. Got some great guests lined up, so that'll be tomorrow, folks. I hope you have a wonderful day. Stick around because Glenn Beck is coming right up.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day we.
Speaker 9: Stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talk station. This report is sponsored by