Speaker 1: Here we come, here we go, let's go, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, ye.
Speaker 2: Ride right?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait you lanky hands off Snaky Rob Ryan showed checking in Happy Tattooesday. Everybody look a crazy hot day with a chance of some scattered thunderstorms later on. Maybe that'll cool us off a little bit. For Philli, it was hot yesterday. On the show Today, Dan going for win number two, fresh.
Speaker 3: Out of bad head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: He came into our lives after I think being gone for a long long time. Three eleven a Wall Nation, August twentieth, seven to one to three Music Hall. I've got tickets for you in Home Room on the fun Fact Flashback brought us some new fun facts. Got some suggestions from you guys as well. I'll use them. James Addiction Loving Rockets, August nineteenth, seven, one to three, Music Hall. I got tickets for you at seven twenty. Excited about that show next week, The Suburb Summer Sizzler. I believe this is the last game of the Outside of the Brackets. Keema takes on Magnolia. We'll get to that game at eight twenty, and then I'll try to slide in in the eight o'clock hours some Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary show passes, okay, and then we got Kings of Leon tickets for you. That show's coming up this weekend. So yeah, it's gonna be a busy show today, it's gonna fly by. Good Morning Tesla, one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, ride, good morning homeroom, good morning.
Speaker 2: Back to schoolers up in the morning.
Speaker 1: And out more school.
Speaker 2: Huh Yeah, people are trickling in.
Speaker 4: You got Deer Park, you got friends with you got Pasadena, you got tom.
Speaker 2: Ball even all even names.
Speaker 4: Of the private schools for Ben Christian back to school today Logos Prep, British International School of Houston. Did not know that was a school until this morning. Shout out to you guys. I remember when I went to private school. They would always forget to mention us on the news and that would always really upset me.
Speaker 2: Slow down in school zones.
Speaker 4: Everyone watch for kids in crosswalks and those school zones. Let's everyone have a good day, a good week back getting back in the swing of things all right. Last night, despite some technical issues, Elon Musk had a conversation with former President Trump on the X and they talked for over two hours. The conversation was a little delayed because Musk said there was a distributed denial of service attack on the platform. Following that hiccup, they talked about the attempted assassination of Trump, They talked about immigration, they talked about Russian President Vladimir Putin and the threat of global warming.
Speaker 2: So that was a big happening last night.
Speaker 4: And then for some fun stuff, if you're looking for real estate in West Virginia.
Speaker 2: You might love this.
Speaker 4: It might be the only double wide trailer with an indoor poll America.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is awesome. You gotta go check out the pictures.
Speaker 2: Aquatic Oasis.
Speaker 4: They're calling in two double ye trailers next to each other, a joined by a door and then hollowed out to fit in that pool.
Speaker 2: One hundred and sixty five k. I might be in on this. Okay, we sell my house. What are they doing in West Virginia? Just kidding. I'm gonna go look at this very soon.
Speaker 4: Ay, speaking of back to school season that we were just mentioning, it's a good time to have like a movie night. Maybe you get all your favorite high school movies. You watch them with your kids, or maybe the kids just watch them.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know. Listen.
Speaker 4: Top top movie is a breakfast club. Top high school movie is a breakfast club. Still and you got Back to the Future. You got Ferris Brueler's Day Off, you got Grease, you got sixteen Candled, you got Me and Girls. You got Fast Times of Ridgemont High. It's all on the list on our blog page.
Speaker 2: Go check it out. I gave you some good ones there.
Speaker 4: The new college football season kicks off August twenty fourth, and Jelly Roll is gonna do ESPN's lead in Anthem this year. The song is called get By, and we got a teaser of on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: I see you just watch it, Bine. Have you seen the hell I see? Make your stomach time? It's good, head football.
Speaker 3: Coach, it's good.
Speaker 1: Mixed in with highlights, Yeah, mixing with highlights almost anything works.
Speaker 3: But I mean, Jelly rolls so hot right now?
Speaker 5: So hot?
Speaker 1: You know who else is hot?
Speaker 2: Castros? Yeah, they got another win last night, beating the Rays six to one.
Speaker 6: Bregnant and yanier Dz both homered in the game for them, and now one six in a row, and they're gonna play the Rays again this evening. You say, Kakuchi'll be in the mount for the stress. He'll be going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Bazz first pitches at five fifty. And you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that it's going on.
Speaker 1: In let's go. Four hours of pain starts right now. Who's up? Who's ready to rock with us? We clear out these lines, all right, every line is open. Who wants to talk? Who wants to get a started? This morning? Seven to one, three, two one two five, nine four five, the most interactive show on the radio. All right, I like that ninety four five the buzz, Wait you wakey, hands off those cupcakes killers, mister Brightside. It's a great way to get people moving this morning. Happy tat Tuesday, everybody. Another wicked hot day today. I think it felt like at some point they said it felt like one hundred and twelve outside yesterday. So heat advisory that's happening. Scattered thunderstorms gets up to about a fifty percent chance. Later on this afternoon, Alex was telling me true temperatures highs up around ninety five.
Speaker 3: Very busy this morning.
Speaker 1: Dan going for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head, he gets dropped down to a rod Ryan Show t shirt. Even though we got a surplus of great tickets and great shows coming to town. We're gonna hook you up with a ton of tickets. Homerooms getting the three eleven A one nation tickets, Jane's addiction tickets at seven twenty at some point after the Suburb Summer says, or we play that at around eight twenty, I will get you some rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary show passes, so those will be in the eight o'clock hour. Okay, you're texting to win early in the nine. That's the national contest and then the Kings of Leon tickets. So that's gonna keep us pretty busy. Lots of things on links and guests, lots of things to talk about this morning, and every phone line is ringing. You guys are off, it's not.
Speaker 2: Time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, Tony, Hey there, Hey, looks like you're getting the first phone call today. I'm doing great, How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm not too bad? Not too bad?
Speaker 1: What would you like to talk about. Man.
Speaker 7: Actually, when I first joined he I had just left the gym. I thought this was a fresh out of bed alerc phone call. So I just jumped in entire calling.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you want to play the game.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, but take this out. So he told me, you know, this is just talk about whatever you want. So I'll just say this, Oh, I took off the whole bunch of August of drinking, okay, just to be dry kind of it. I got kids, man, I got to be healthy for the kids. So I'll say that the Actors Day, actors a MPN, get out and do it.
Speaker 1: What did you notice about not drinking for a month straight? What?
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead?
Speaker 1: I mean I wanted to hear like what could you physically? Mentally? What could you what was real obvious to like, Wow, this is I feel different?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Man, so like just like alertness, clarity, like cause like you can day drink, right, you need to have fun with your friends. For me, it was just fal social. I never had a problem. But when you cut that off and then you drink water, maybe have occasional soda, right, like it's you're just still healthier. I felt like just cleaner.
Speaker 1: Would you drink normally during the week or were you just a weekend drinker.
Speaker 7: It was maybe the weekends, like a Friday, Saturday, sometimes on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: That's so cool, dude, I'm proud of you. That's that's really good.
Speaker 1: Did you like it enough to keep doing it or did you go back to having a couple of beers.
Speaker 7: I'll tell me that's wrong. Guess I have a up of war. But it's probably any more on the late back side. I did it before, back in March, so you know, doing it two or three times a year is probably well, I'll start doing from now on.
Speaker 1: I don't hear anybody using that sober curious anymore. That was hot for a while, very hot sober curious, yeah.
Speaker 7: Or it was a couple coming out for a real wet.
Speaker 1: Summer, you know, it was a dry dry January's story Sentry and then Sober October were the things that we've talked about. Oh yeah, I wonderful we hearing about that coming up during the.
Speaker 4: Moment, Like drinking is definitely more fun in the moment, but then the next day, that's when I feel like sober people like get the leg up they're like, you guys are all hungover.
Speaker 2: I feel the best I've ever felt.
Speaker 1: I had a friend at White Linen. She said, I said, hey, are you coming over? And it's not somebody that I talked to all the time, but it's somebody I've been friends with for a really long time. And she said, you know what, I'm not drinking right now. I'd love to see you guys, but it's just I don't want to be a distraction and I want to be the person I have another And that's like that doesn't drink and now he's not like eating any meat. He doesn't really like being around people because he doesn't want to talk about it. He doesn't want to be he doesn't want like why aren't you doing that? He's sick of answering questions about it.
Speaker 4: He's not the problem. It's everyone that's liker.
Speaker 1: So so she said, she said, listen, let's get together at another time. But like, I don't want to be at a party right now. And I said, cool, and with my friend Lisa. So I just said, okay, that's cool and we'll get together and we'll do something else together and just kind of hang out. But she just said, I just don't want to be around it, and not a drinking problem or anything like that. It's just like that was a decision that.
Speaker 6: She full of her then put it on everybody else because no disrespect to anybody, but like sometimes it's like you came here, you can't get mad and other people for indulging.
Speaker 1: Right, But she didn't feel like answering a bunch of questions about it.
Speaker 2: Not putting herself in that position is awesome, right.
Speaker 1: And the same thing with my buddy Jason, who I did the podcast with. He watched that protein documentary where Arnold Swarzeneger was saying, you can get a lot.
Speaker 2: Of protein out of plant, base plant based.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't need to eat meat and all that stuff. He became a vegetarian after that, which was bizarre. I'm like, I'm not watching that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then he also quit drinking and he said he's cool with it. He says he doesn't mind. Like you know him and I we talk about it, but he just he doesn't want to be the center of attention and he doesn't want to be around people. So there's no more group dinners or anything like that because he just doesn't want Dude, what are you doing? What are we not doing that? He just doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: Jason, isn't the problem.
Speaker 4: It's the person that, like people make lifestyle choices, and like if someone was like, oh, if I'm passing shot, I'm not dreaming, Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: Next, Like yeah, next, listen, Tony, good times man, thank you for calling. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Let me take a break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, got a wreck check, we'll find out what's trending, and then we will get set up for the fresh out of bed, Head to head Rock.
Speaker 5: And Al Tearing, The Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm six to ten AM, ninety four or five, The Buzzing Rot Ryan Show. Pop, You're on to a great start to your tattooesday. More kiddos back in school, got about a fifty percent chance of some showers, some scat with thunderstorms later on this afternoon. Hi today of around ninety five. What's trending?
Speaker 4: The Trump Musk interview is the number one search on Google, and we already kind of talked about that in the headlines, and we'll be talking about that this morning. But the number two search is Rachel Lillis, And I was like, Okay, who's Rachel Lillis. This is someone who was a voice actress for the real famous Pokemon series cartoons, so she voiced Missy and Jesse. She was only forty six years old and apparently she died with like in the past twenty hours.
Speaker 2: So it's a big search on Google. I'll retweet out any information on that and then not very live time bright.
Speaker 4: But that is the second top Google search, and then for us it's the Tattooesday on links and guests, Tattooesday getting the most links and getting the most clicks right now, and that's what's running on eighty four five the buzzi.
Speaker 5: Come, do.
Speaker 1: You know what that clipped from?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Some English show? I don't watch a lot of English. Yeah, some English like Mony like not money Python, but something like that. I thought it was.
Speaker 6: Alan though Allen the last hangs in on the Groundhog.
Speaker 2: Alan Dan wins again and I have another drop for him.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but maybe Dan was a parody of the Allen clip.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I don't know how this came about.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, this is daying. You're fresh out of bed head to head one day. Chance, my fresh fish days are in my rear view mirror. Join me on Tuesday as I make it win number two seven.
Speaker 1: One three, two two five nine if you want to take on Dan. Welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 5: No running in the halls, no running your mouth, no running water, no running with the double, running.
Speaker 1: The bus. Yesterday was middle child Day. I got to celebrate a little bit, not much. Uh, International left Handers Day today, A big week for you.
Speaker 3: But I'm a hybrid.
Speaker 1: I'm a weird hybrid. I write with my right hand. I throw a baseball and a football with my right hand. But hockey, baseball and golf when it comes to that swing, when it comes to that swing, and it really starts from it starts from playing hockey. First thing. When you're a little kid, Yeah, play hockey. There's more left handers than right handers in the NHL.
Speaker 2: That's audible. Check that out.
Speaker 1: That's really bizarre. Kids. Just you know, and I know you guys are gonna make a joke, but up in Canada, they just they play left handed.
Speaker 3: Everybody played left handed.
Speaker 2: I had nothing else to do. It's not all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm left handed.
Speaker 5: I handed.
Speaker 4: You can get your right dominant shoulder to protect you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I never mind. I'm trying to be buy party.
Speaker 1: So I'm a weird hybrid. But yeah, most of our audience, seventy eight percent of our audience is right handed. I got a pull question up this morning on the X and can find us at Rod Ryan's show. All right, let's play a game, man, it's six twenty six. Hit it and now.
Speaker 9: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, Well, go ahead, play it. Come time, Dan time? Hey, Hey Dan, good morning? Hi Dan, you're going You're going to win number two today? Yes? All right, okay, Bro's keep the winning ways gone. Oh, Autumn says that's enough of this, Hi Autumn.
Speaker 7: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey you've played before? How long has it been?
Speaker 7: I have last year?
Speaker 1: Last year? How'd you do?
Speaker 7: I won one?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good, so you know how you know how it's done. It tasted good winning that one game.
Speaker 5: It's awesome, definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, I hope you're coming in hungry and you want another win. What are they playing for?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: I have a road RANGEO T shirt for one of our lovely players.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just do what you did before, Autumn Dan won a game yesterday, so he's got that taste.
Speaker 3: It's very fresh in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Dan, Are you ready? I'm ready? Autumn? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back? Here we go. Question number one? What dome was built in Houston in nineteen sixty seven?
Speaker 3: Autumn?
Speaker 1: Autumn?
Speaker 7: The aster Dome?
Speaker 1: Correct? Answer pretty quick on that one, Autumn, very quick, scary quick.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Okay, she was very quick on that.
Speaker 1: Here we go. That's all right, Dan. Question number two, Dan in autumn? What famous Bob hosted? The price is right, ad Man? Autumn Bob Barker. Welcome back?
Speaker 2: Was nice?
Speaker 5: Wow? All the good.
Speaker 1: Great job Autumn?
Speaker 2: You said it?
Speaker 1: I mean Dan, she uh, she came in like a killer here man, I got cooked.
Speaker 2: But right, it's a matter Dan. Aren't you having fun? So funny?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 1: It didn't sound like you were having fun. We gotta say goodbye, Hey, Autumn. Would you like to buy tomorrow?
Speaker 7: I definitely would?
Speaker 1: Well, all right, well we're gonna get you that rot Ryan Show T shirt and we'll keep piling on the prizes.
Speaker 3: Okay for you, Okay, all right, Well.
Speaker 1: Hang on for me, the right right.
Speaker 9: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Of us Uz Poppa Roach, No apologies. Rob Ryan's show. Got a good chance, Well, I'll get about a fifty percent chance of some scaven thunderstorms coming on later this afternoon. Heighs today. I'm around ninety five. Got a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 8: This is Autumn and I am back. I am your fresh out of bed head to ahead one day champion.
Speaker 7: Join me on Wednesday when I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Emails coming in. I don't remember if Autumn Autumn, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: See some of this pictures before?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But she sounds hot.
Speaker 1: Oh if we please get a picture of car of well, sounds like Carla. Can we get a picture of a she kind of?
Speaker 2: She gives me Carlo voice vibes. Women sound the same to you. Oh, just Autumn and Carla.
Speaker 1: If you would like to send in a picture Autumn, we would love to have it. Everyone would love to see you. Okay, I have three eleven A Wall Nation tickets coming up for you. But first, it's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in your buddies, it's the fuck that to the day. I hear some fun facts for you. I I watched the decent amount of the Olympics. I didn't watch as much as I would have liked. I don't know if this came up. I imagine they talked about it several times. Number one, the gold, the Olympic gold medals, it's ninety two point five percent silver, according to great listener Larry Last. Now, did you know this part of it? You see like that hexagon in the middle of all the metals, that's a piece of the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: That was That was very very well talked.
Speaker 1: That was well talked about. Yeah, every one of the medals, all three, all three variations of the metals.
Speaker 3: It was a piece of the Eiffel Tower on that metal.
Speaker 2: That's nice, Larry Last.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, Thank you, Larry. Cool fun facts, very cool. Westerns best Western tombstone.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's got to be in the argument. I was going to say the hotel the best Western is the best Western.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Westerns were one so popular that back in nineteen fifty nine there were thirty primetime westerns on TV. There were three channels Gun Smoke, Gun Smoke.
Speaker 2: My dad watches Gunsmoker. He runs like it's his job.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, how like five? Well you're talking about UAJF is.
Speaker 4: John Wayne in every movie? Mm hmm yeah the good old days.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Final fun fact for you today, Grover Cleveland. Ye, he went from the mayor of Buffalo to the governor of New York to the President of the United States in a span of three years.
Speaker 5: Oh that's neat.
Speaker 1: He was moving quick back then. A good fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Is this the fuck that? To the day?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's you giving away?
Speaker 2: I have a pair of tickets three eleven A one nation and neon trees.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Fuck? So the first ever cell phone call was placed on April third, nineteen seventy three, and the main engineer at Motorola who built the phone, he walked out onto the street. Who did he call to brag? And he was making a cell phone call too. So the guy worked at Motorola, who did he call? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: If you know, we'll reward you with those tickets.
Speaker 6: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: There's my guy right there. I have brother on Good morning, best Western of all time.
Speaker 10: I mean, Tombstone's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, outlaw Josie Whaley, my Huckleberry. Yeah, all right. How you doing Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 10: It was a mixed down Wall Street that was down one hundred and forty points. Kickoff this morning at thirty nine thousand, fifty seven NASDAC up thirty five to sixteen thousand and seven eighty Benchmartin year, Treasury's trading at a three point nine one percent, and oil stands at seventy dollars seventy six cents a barrow to the most actives of the big studs United Health, Walmart, and Apple, the big DUTs Boeing, Procter and Gamble and Intel. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for July.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 10: Our futures, Hey, they're on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 10: I'm out of here. This is Holland and I need your director with Raymon James Porter for the Right Around Show from Ramy James on San Felip and the Gusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 11: Opinions expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Thank come ever, nis as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND. This program is are educational and informational purposes on link. The studs of dads are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young ninety four five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. We got Lee on the phone. Hey Lee, good morning, Good morning Leah. You a right hander, left hander or a hybrid of the two. I'm more right man, Yeah, you're a right hander. Seventy two percent of our audience right handers, seventeen eighteen percent of our audience left handers, and then me and the Weirdo group that weird hybrid about ten percent of our audience. Lee calling for the fun fat flashback Yet, sir okay, you're holding your phone in your right hand right now. I'm right correct, Okay. The first ever cell phone call was placed April third, nineteen seventy three. One of the engineers that built the phone at Motorola walked out on the street.
Speaker 3: Who do you call?
Speaker 1: He called his buddy the competitor.
Speaker 7: He CALLT him at AT and P.
Speaker 1: You got it? Yeah, His friend worked at AT and T and said, I'm calling you on the phone that I just smoked you on. I know you guys been working on one too, but yeah, they were the Motorola were the first ones. Congratulations, what are you gonna give this guy?
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets to see three eleven A one nation on tree.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. You knew the backfat would go all right.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Lee, I appreciate you being in Homebrew man. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: You have a blessed one. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Lee.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: Alexa played ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five to buchstation from iHeart The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five, the Bud come on ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, Shine Down, Second Chance, It's tat Tuesday. That is your Instagram feature of the day. Got a food blog, Got a crazy criminal blog page today? That's an interesting one. Really interesting things on the food blog page today. We can talk about it later. Is pumpkin spice the love of pumpkin spice? Is it waning?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much of it?
Speaker 2: You think, Well, I saw some.
Speaker 4: In Target yesterday Colbrew Coffee.
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, no, no, not yet. Still too early.
Speaker 4: And then Travis was like, yeah, but he's like, once football starts, I go No, dude, I said, once it gets cold, then we go pumping. Like I'm kind of like, hold off. It's a little overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people are well, two things, there's two factors with it. Number One, they don't want to go as early as they used to, right because it's August, and sometimes they'll like have that by the end of this month.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the pumpkins spice will come out.
Speaker 1: It's out, and it's just it's not even the favorite flavor of fall anymore if you look at the food blog page. So it's just it's been number one forever but what has replaced it?
Speaker 3: We will talk about that.
Speaker 1: So there's food blog page is pretty interesting. There's up to a fifty percent chance maybe three four o'clock it goes up to about a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms today. It'll keep it a little cooler, but today highs up around ninety five. Next hour, I got Jane's Adiction Love and Rockets tickets for you coming up at seven twenty. If you're holding out for those rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary show tickets, I'll have those for you late in the eight o'clock hour. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines and it was still got a rolled truck berry on this right Yeah, op in the morning and out.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why because today, even though it's Tuesday, I mean, we had HIC back yesterday, but today there are so many more school districts that are getting back to it.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 4: You got Deer Park, you got Clear Creek, Friendswood, Santa Fe, Stafford, Pasadena, Tombull isd for Penn Christian Logos Prep, British International School of Houston. Yeah, a lot of private schools, public schools all trickling back in. We always want to remind you guys to slow down in school zones, watch for kids and crosswalks and the school zones because they are out there, out in full force today and we just want to wish all the kids a great year. Back to educators, faculty to have everyone. We want everyone to start their year off right. Play time's over.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a little chaotic this week. Okay, so this is my first go at it. Like picking up and seeing London after school. I mean, cars, do you have it?
Speaker 2: What's it like?
Speaker 1: What's your number? What's going on? There's just people that don't know what's going on. It was absolute mayhem chaos yesterday. Just kids everywhere. I'll say it. They did a great job. They did a great job at Harvard, but it was just you could tell, you could feel the chaos. And teachers were just they're so cool, just like, yeah, we can handle this. Just kids everywhere, the kids everywhere. But when I left school, I grabbed my book bag and I ran out the door and I ran home.
Speaker 2: It's not like that.
Speaker 1: It's not every kid's a number. You got to have a there's a parent that's got to be there for the kid. I don't remember my mom ever picking me up from school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the couple of times.
Speaker 4: There were a couple of times when I went to pick up Alley and Jojo when they were still younger. And yet it was a whole debacle, like it was a whole thing checking in pictures locks.
Speaker 2: Okay, is with you all right? Like damn?
Speaker 1: I absolutely walked home and to school just with my buddies in first grade.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we pieced out too. After school.
Speaker 1: I would walk home.
Speaker 4: I would walk to my grandma's house. I would walk to my aunt's house.
Speaker 1: Nobody depended. But no parent had to receive you.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: Out the door and you started running.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. When my parent was supposed to receive me that day.
Speaker 4: Maybe I say a little later, she would forget and she it would be late.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, happy birthday back.
Speaker 1: Everyone had a great job, all the teachers out there.
Speaker 4: The late Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee's daughter has entered the race to finish her mother's term. Erica Lee Carter announced her candidacy yesterday. Jackson Lee died last month, and she'd represented that congressional district, the eighteenth one, since nineteen eighty five. So now her daughter is joining about fifteen Democrats and one Republican in the running to replace her. The Democratic Executive Committee serving the eighteen district will select the party's nominee this month. A special election is scheduled for November fifth to determine who will finish out Jackson Lee's last term.
Speaker 1: Is the daughter in this space. I don't know. I mean, I couldn't you right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, hey, like I've been hanging around.
Speaker 4: It's like my mom's a teacher. It's like, yeah, I'll just go in and replace her. I've met her out with my mom.
Speaker 2: Like, but I don't know, like can I I mean.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Hey, my dad worked at General Motors. He was a mill rite. Like when he passed away, it's like, I'm just gonna I'm just I'll take my dad's job, like I'll finish out his Do you know how to do it? No?
Speaker 2: But always my dad because my.
Speaker 1: Dad something came through that ball bag.
Speaker 2: I must know something like half half wrong, half.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, okay, go ahead, Well.
Speaker 2: Okay, left hander's day. Why don't you go ahead?
Speaker 4: Because we've got a pull going on on the X right now, and we are celebrating.
Speaker 2: The one in ten people.
Speaker 4: Who I mean, did left handers have it harder in life? R?
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 2: A little harder?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Learning stuff, I bet, like when you're little and they're trying to teach you how to do all these things and you're just opposite everything.
Speaker 3: So you know, I wrote with.
Speaker 1: My right hand. My fork is in my right hand, So I mean, I'm not a true lefty. I'm one of those weird hybrids. Seventeen percent of our audience claims to be left handed. Yeah, seventy percent of our audience claims to be right handed, and then boom, the numbers are up. Twelve percent are like me, You're that weird hybrid. Yeah, I feel like I you know, what do you identify as? I think I identify more as a right hander.
Speaker 4: Well, are designed for right handed people, you know, scissors, hand openers, zippers on jeans, credit card machines, measuring cuffs. These are all little things that we don't notice because they're built for people who are right hand dominant.
Speaker 1: Do you remember left handed scissors when you were a kid, Uh?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: Yes, they had they kids, Yeah, for kids. They had a green rubber around, like the things you put your fingers in and those were the lefty sanders or the lefty scissors.
Speaker 4: See, I didn't realize all of this microwaves. If you push the button open with your left hand, the door just hits your arm, you know.
Speaker 2: But if you put it into when your.
Speaker 4: Right it's like boom right there, that that other arms free to grab.
Speaker 1: Well, think about writing with your left hand when you're when you were handwriting, your hand is smearing across that fresh ink. Yeah, so like left handers always had like dirty hands, like ink on their hands and pencil.
Speaker 4: All right, well, lefties, this days for you. A lot of things I'm learning are not for you. But today is let's talk about our entertainment blog page because there's a time of stuff on that today. If you go to links and guests, We've got an entertainment blog page that talks about Anthony Bourdain's biopic that's being worked on.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: We've got Vince Vaughd getting a start on the Hollywood Walk Cafine. That happened yesterday, so some takeaways from that. Donald Trump's interview with Elon Musk is the most searched thing on Google right now. It was on Twitter yesterday if you didn't know that it was delayed by technical issues, but you can go click on some of the takeaways there. How about this a Creature from the back Black Lagoon's getting a remake.
Speaker 2: It's the same dude who did.
Speaker 4: Saw and the Conjuring stuff, so he's rebooting Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Speaker 2: Everything eventually gets a reboot, I suppose.
Speaker 4: And then they say James Cameron is developing a seventh Terminator movie, so lots of.
Speaker 2: Guys, I haven't even scratched the surface.
Speaker 4: Netflix doing an animated Ghostbuster series. Jimmy Kimmel telling us why he won't host Oscars.
Speaker 2: It goes on, it goes on, it goes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just couldn't. There was so much entertainment stuff. I slapped it all on one blog page today.
Speaker 2: Now there you go.
Speaker 4: The Mongolian Masters of Metal known as the who Hu will be headlining a nine to eight Amphitheater tour starting in October.
Speaker 2: And are they coming through Houston. They are. They'll be at the House of Blues November fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Tickets Console this Friday, and I mean, we're probably gonna see about trying to get some of.
Speaker 6: Those, but those are Houston headlines take it Alex Yeah, DRO's got another win last night they beat the Raise six to one. Alex Bregman and yanyre Dz both homeward in the game for the Stros. They've now won six in a row and they'll play the Rays again tonight. You say Kakuchi is gonna be in the mound for Houston have been going up against Tampa Bays. Shane Bozz first pitch for that is that five fifty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports Houston's rock and alternatives, The Rod Last morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz twenty four to five The Buzz, Allison James, Man in the Box, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's show, Mark Kids at the Box. I call that school. I saw Dear Park on that list. A lot of schools back in session. Yesterday was a big one, including HISD, the biggest school district in the state. School buses everywhere. Just be careful, give yourself a little extra time. Nobody really knows how to do it yet. It's all right. It's gonna be a little shaky for about the first week or so. We do have some rain coming this afternoon, about a fifty percent chances of some showers. Good chance of that happening at around three o'clock today, so some scattered thunderstorms could keep it a little cooler out there. So today we should see a high of around ninety five twentieth Anniversary show passes. You gotta win your way into that show after we played the sumburb of Summer Sissler today, so you got over an hour if you're holding out to win those Today. Keema and Magnolia will play in the Sizzler. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Patrick and Ronald.
Speaker 1: Will be squared off, and then I'll get to those tickets to I join us at the Carbock Brewery in October. I've got Jane's Addiction tickets for you this hour. Now, this guy here, you know him as Robbie, the caller number ten guy. Of course till he say he's been calling all.
Speaker 2: Morning, it's not Friday, it's not Friday.
Speaker 1: That's when it's his time to shine. Robbie.
Speaker 7: Good morning, mister, right.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Robbie. I mean, normally we're waiting for you to appear on a free Beer Friday edition, hopefully call her number ten.
Speaker 9: Well, let me tell you that it's been like two and a half weeks. I still got to come down there and pick up my.
Speaker 1: Card.
Speaker 9: But I got hearing that you can win tickets to get in even though you want something in the last thirty days.
Speaker 1: Where'd you hear something like that, Robbie.
Speaker 9: Well, I heard it on a radio, did dog?
Speaker 1: What let me say? Was that? Zz Top lizy Top? Here's what I said.
Speaker 3: I think Chilly and I were.
Speaker 1: I think it happened around when we were doing the hashtag every twenty minutes, and people told me that they weren't playing to win the Monster Jam tickets because they were holding out for twentieth Anniversary show passes. So that's where I said. I couldn't like officially, well I did? I said it, Yeah, Robbie, I'm releasing the thirty day rule on the anniversary show passes, meaning if you were to win beer, you gotta wait your thirty days to win the beer. But after let's say you won something already fresh out of bad head to head or something, and then later on in the show, I'm giving away anniversary party tickets if you're lucky.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to win anything but beer, and I'm trying to get the tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I am looking away and Jilly is looking away at the thirty Days for this because I want you guys to still have fun. I want you guys to win all this stuff that you like winning, and I want you to win some of these other concert tickets. I mean, we had all these great pit passes, and people were telling me that.
Speaker 9: They weren't runing, worried about beer and going to your party.
Speaker 2: Okay, that those are good concerns and prayers.
Speaker 1: How long ago did you win beer? What was the last time? Two and a half weeks? Okay, you are eligible to win these anniversary show tickets. I can't make it any more clear that I'm looking away from the thirty day with the anniversary show only. Okay. That's that's it.
Speaker 5: That's all I want to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that makes sense. So I would probably get to that, and i'd love to have you there, Robbie, of course, I'd love.
Speaker 3: To have you there.
Speaker 9: Okay, Now let me get to the.
Speaker 1: Rooting for you. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: The good, the bad, and the ugly, the man who shot Liberty Valance and Tombstone.
Speaker 1: That's by one, two, and three.
Speaker 2: Those are his westerns.
Speaker 1: Remember the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is your number one Western? Number one, number.
Speaker 5: Two, it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Tombstone, and your number three Western.
Speaker 9: The number three is is gonna be the man who shot Liberty Bellance. John Wayne got to have him in there.
Speaker 2: Gotta have it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I saw that. I mean, you figure John Wayne does need to be on a list.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: The thing that we do have I think we were talking about westerns on the Fun Facts today, real quick, Well, I got you what's the best high school movie of all time? Huh that? You know what? I don't have a problem with that. This list has that at number seven. It's got Breakfast Club at one. What Yeah, Breakfast Club at one's good. Back to the Future. It's a high school movie, right, I mean, it's a time travel movie. It's not so much.
Speaker 2: He's not on my high school list. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which I think is three or four three is that's the best one.
Speaker 1: Grease is a high school movie. Sixteen Candles, Mean Girls. Fast Times came in at number seven. Robbie, Okay, well that's up. Then all right now. Then let's let's close out my trifecta. Are you right handed, left handed, or a hybrid of both? I am right handed, my man, Robbie, all right, bro, I wish you the best, man. I hope I hear you back on the show today, even though you won beer two weeks ago. That's kind of how we're doing it. Rod Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary show passes. I'll give those away after the suburb Summer Sizzler today. So Sizzler rolls till about eight thirty usually eight thirty five, So I would say eight point forty would be an opportunity to win your way into the big twentyth anniversary party. Good luck, everybody, rock and alternative fair use dear The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz, thirty four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show on this Tat Tuesday. We're gonna find out soon enough. What's trending?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Shane? Shane's not letting it go? Hey, ron A. Circling back to the fresh out of bed, did Autumn ever send a pic?
Speaker 2: Oh well, my Gosha like a big bough.
Speaker 1: I can't. How can you beat I can't force people to do those things. I just I Autumn, if you want to send a pictures, you can. That's it.
Speaker 2: But there you go, circling back, shame wan.
Speaker 1: To circle back. I'm like, hey, bro, I didn't see that picture posted. Did Autumn ever send one? I looked she did not. Fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms. Later on this afternoon, partly Claude's skies high of ninety five. We're shrending.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here, let me get to it. The MTV Video Music Awards are being pushed back. This is to avoid a conflict with the upcoming presidential debate. So they said the VMA's are going to take place a day later on yeah, on September eleventh, And they're saying, Sabrina Carpenter, a Coveo Chapel Roan, I don't know who that is. More artists to be unveiled in the upcoming weeks, but Taylor Swift leads the field with ten VMA nominations, including Video of the Year.
Speaker 6: The Way of the Politics, Yeah, okay, in the way of America's biggest tragedy.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about football, because it's just it's right around the corner right. We're still in preseason though, and ad slots for the twenty twenty five Super Bowl are almost sold out variety of reports. Fox is leveraging the high demand to price the thirty second commercials at more than seven million dollars apiece, and they're asking buyers to commit to this advertising package that includes like other Fox properties. So the game will be broadcast from Caesar Superdome in New Orleans on February ninth.
Speaker 2: But the ads slots are almost gone crazy. It's insane. We haven't even we're not even like a weekend and the real deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, And then if you didn't know, Google is gonna launch its new line of Pixel nine smartphones today, so they're gonna do you know how Apple does like this streaming thing.
Speaker 2: They're doing that on the Google YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: And there's probably gonna be a pixel Watch of the pixel Watch is getting an update to like integrate that Gemini AI that they use in their devices. Okay, so Pixel nine's launched today. Those are the things that are trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: I have Jane's Addiction and Love and Rockets they're playing seven one and three Music Hall, August nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want you to call in and try to win these tickets right now because this is gonna be a great show. Jans Addiction one of my all time favorite bands. It's the og lineup. I mean, the original bass player, drummer, the whole thing. Uh seven one, three, two two, nine four five The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: On ninety four five The buzz Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show TEP Tuesday, August thirteen. Get up to a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms later on this afternoon hies of around ninety five. How much you're a Jan's Addiction fan? II, Jens? You do like James Addiction. You have an option to put in every time. And we don't talk about Jaanes Addiction all that much, but your go to We have a bunch of them in the system here. I like that you put in Mountain Song.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite Jans editions.
Speaker 1: From Nothing Shocking. Yeah, it's a great album. Have you seen him live never? I mean, is this something that you're thinking about or you're still in kind of like kid mode?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should go, dude. This is the original lineup. This is the original O g nothing shocking lineup. Yeah, that's playing. I don't think bring the kid. I don't think bring the baby. Yeah yeah, no baby yet. But when, oh my god, I got tickets to go see Jaan's addiction right here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Aaron Eron Congratulations you got him? Jane's Addiction, Love and Rockets seven to one to three Music Hall, August nineteenth. That is a Monday. I think it's not that far away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have to make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's next Monday, dude, or I guess it's Tuesday, Monday. Yeah, dude. Jane' addiction will get me out during the week. The original lineup.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, that's big.
Speaker 1: It's a big, big deal. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's you out during the week. It's okay, it's what I'm doing the band too. But it's a.
Speaker 1: Co headlining tool with Love and Rockets, and to be honest with you, Love and Rockets. Eh, but Love and Rockets is going on first, Jane's Addiction is going on second. Even though they're building it as co headlining, it's like, why don't you flip it around then? All right? Truly be co headlining and maybe like every other show or something, but they're not.
Speaker 3: So it's it's Jane's show.
Speaker 1: All right, Aaron, have a good time. I'll see you over there. I can't miss that one. Okay, this came into my head because you brought up the super Bowl. You tell me as you tell me that the ads are almost sold out for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yep, just about Fox is hitting people like they want them to commit to their seven million.
Speaker 2: Dollars asking price for a thirty second commercial.
Speaker 1: Seven million. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, when I did a paper on this in.
Speaker 1: College, you know, it's a long time ago, it was a million. It was a million dollars for a thirty second spot. Jeez, inflation. Yeah, Okay, does it give the date of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: You have that right, Yeah, February ninth in New Orleans season super Dome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of good about that. Okay, February ninth. So I'm looking at February ninth, twenty twenty five, and the math does math out here. The math checks out the Monday, the second Monday after the super Bowl is President's Day.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm going with this, This Joe Burrow thing. You've all seen it.
Speaker 5: Right his hair.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that that's going to be the thing that you want to talk about his theory about moving games. Have you not seen this?
Speaker 4: You know what I did that circulating around? Okay, but you know what, but it kind of I forgot.
Speaker 2: Kind of the point of it. What was he saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm going to go through this.
Speaker 1: And Alex and I differ on this because I really I want the super Bowl moved on a Saturday, and he's a traditional guy too.
Speaker 4: After hearing you, I'm traditional too, and I side with Alex usually on viewing things.
Speaker 2: But after you kind of explained it to me and then the hangover thing, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's for the best the super Bowl on Saturday. There's a lot of financial things. The city would lose out on an extra day. When you host the super Bowl. You're making a billion dollars, you know, so you would lose out on that. But for the rest of the world, the super Bowl on Saturday would be unbelievable because we're never going to get a national holiday on the Monday after the super Bowl. That's never going to happen. But what could happen is moving the game to a Saturday Alex, You're not. You're You're totally one hundred percent of post to this.
Speaker 6: If you are a casual, just say you're a casual, Like you can't watch a Senday, you can't watch a s and then get up the next.
Speaker 1: Day and go to work.
Speaker 2: I am a casual day off, you can watch a Lake game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I'm not trying to convince you on the move to Saturday. But I am team Joe Burrow right now. So what he has said, and he's not in any kind of a player position to make changes, but he has made a really good suggestion.
Speaker 2: He he's so hot, so let's listen, and he's super hot. Let's listen to him.
Speaker 1: If the NFL is going to go to eighteen games, which is gonna happen, Yeah, okay, it's gonna be an extra week eventually. Okay, there should be two by weeks. He suggests that one of the buys should be around week thirteen for the entire NFL, and that you would do the Pro Bowl. You would do it just like the NBA All Star weekend. They do it right in the middle and the Pro Bowl. Everyone knows that the ratings for that is terrible, but he thinks that if it's a mid season thing, it would it would generate a lot more interest. Now, boosting ratings for the struggling Pro Bowl is not the end game here. By adding that second bye week and the eighteen game schedule, the Super Bowl would fall on the Sunday before President's Day, and.
Speaker 3: Then we get the mindt This is brilliant.
Speaker 6: Now all is Adele talked about this before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: This isn't joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but OKAYDL is hot, so no one was listening.
Speaker 6: Alex, do you Yeah, if it's eighteen games and that's what they do, then yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But not just moving up on Sunday because or Saturday because we're a bunch of pussies.
Speaker 1: What Alex, what about what about that Pro Bowl idea? With it in the middle of the season.
Speaker 2: I don't even think like I'm cool getting rid of the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 6: I think we should just have a random like everybody has off that week and we don't tell your wives, your girlfriends, And then you just are like, Babe, I'm gonna spend this Sunday with you no football. You put like fake scores on ESPN, and then the girls just think we're off. They we're just taking off, so yes, are you down for Yeah, but it's an eighteen game season.
Speaker 2: You get two bye weeks.
Speaker 6: It's fine, that's normal because then your Sunday would just line up with President's Day, which is fine.
Speaker 1: That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't have to like change anything.
Speaker 1: Now there's gonna be the guy Josh Tree is gonna call in and say, I don't get President's Day off millionaires, Well too bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we do a lot of everything. A lot of people won't get Sundays off too.
Speaker 6: If you have a super Bowl Saturday, they'll go, oh, we gave me Saturday coming Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like this plan. I didn't hear Goodell talking about it, but I know that Joe Burrow is getting a lot of credit for bringing this up on pardon my take.
Speaker 6: I think he brought up the second bye week, but Goodell had talked about doing that, and then you just have the super Bowl end up the President's weekend.
Speaker 4: So you need someone cool like Joe Burrow who's actually playing, to suggest it that way.
Speaker 2: Everyone agrees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a big enough name where he could say something and people will listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, A player can't make this change.
Speaker 1: But having the Super Bowl on President's Day weekend, that'd be saying it'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Then you guys could stop fighting over it.
Speaker 1: That would be on Saturday. Sunday.
Speaker 2: We sit the next day and then we're gonna I'll just have fun and be hungover. I can't stay up late and then go to work the next day.
Speaker 1: Sumthing drum.
Speaker 2: You know I can. I just don't want to. I'm past that.
Speaker 1: It's not that you can't, you don't want to. I don't want to. I I get that.
Speaker 3: I had to watch football.
Speaker 1: I had one beer olympiscuit. Did I want more?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I wanted more.
Speaker 6: That was we have responsibilities, responsibilities.
Speaker 1: I want Sunday Monday off.
Speaker 2: If you want all right, well listen to get it.
Speaker 1: I'm down for planning. Joe Burrow Attention station employees. Now that school is back ac session, we are transforming the station's daycare area into a Margarita bar. Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's three eleven. We already gave away tickets to go see them. Three eleven A Wall Nation, and I got this one guy that loves me on Trees. It must be his favorite band. He's like, dude, you never mentioned the On Trees. Okay, On Trees is on the bill. You're right, Okay, it's the Unity Tour. Let's all have a little unity here. August twentieth, Okay, seven and three musical tickets are on sale now ticket Master locations. The day before is going to be the James Addiction Love and Rocket Show that I was telling Alex that he should really go check this out because that's the original James Addiction lineup. They're getting a little bit older. Yeah, Perry's older. Perry's pretty old. Yeah, Perry ferrell Is is in his sixties. For sure.
Speaker 3: He's in his sixties, so.
Speaker 1: I mean he's in amazing shape. He can still sing, you know. But look at what just happened with their guitar player was out for a couple of years. Man, Dave Navarro was down for a long time. If you want to go see James Addiction, go see the bands while you can. Jane's Addiction is may arguably after Nirvana, even though they were before Nirvana, the most important band in the alternative format. I think Jane's Addiction, I really do. I think I think You've got to look at Jane's addiction being the spark. I know they weren't the first alternative band ever, but they they were the They were they were ground zero. They really were, you know, Nirvana. They James Addiction opened the door and Nirvana blew the door off. The Hinges, okay, and many of other bands. But you got to really look at the magnitude of Nirvana. But I really do. I thought Jame's Addiction is so important. We'll continue to give away tickets for the rest of the week. There twentieth anniversary party tickets about.
Speaker 3: An hour from now.
Speaker 1: I'll get you into that show. And did you know that Neon Trees is playing with AM one Nation and three eleven. There you go.
Speaker 2: I set it again.
Speaker 3: No, but I got nothing against the Trees.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I never say it, and I'm gonna start saying it every time.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Chili just handed me some brackets and I'm taking a.
Speaker 3: Look at them.
Speaker 1: The Suburb Summer Sizzler twenty twenty four, another five thousand dollars is up for grabs to the winner thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union and absolutely correct Patrick from Keema and Ronald from Magnolia. That's it, closing out all suburbs. It is now returning champions tomorrow. I'm sure Chilly has already made phone calls with Jessica and Pearland and Camille in Seabrook. They both advanced and then it will jump to Alvin Taken on Deer Park. Dear Park back at school today. So Angelica and Brett on Thursday show. Okay, you can follow along on these brackets. It's fun. Keep in mind when you made it. When you make it to the final four, you get two hundred and fifty dollars each. So that was where the sixth grand asked came from again for a show, Federal Credit Union. They said, yeah, four years in a row. Now they've given us that cash to give to you guys. So that's awesome. Suburb Summer Sizzler. We will sizzle it around a twenty this morning, three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: We could be seeing some rain around these parts.
Speaker 1: Real good chance of it too. Up now they're saying up to a sixty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms. Highs today up around ninety five and up in the morning and out too well.
Speaker 2: Deer Park already got their shout out.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're back at school as our Clear Creek friends with ISD Santa Fe, Stafford Pasadena, Tomball forp and Christian Logos Prep and British International.
Speaker 2: School of Houston. Everyone getting back in the classroom.
Speaker 4: We got our educators, we got our faculty, we got our staff, bus drivers, a lot more people on the road, guys.
Speaker 2: So you want to slow down in school zones.
Speaker 4: You of course want to wash for kids and crosswalks and school zones in the morning times, afternoon times especially, and yeah, just be mindful because they're getting back at it and we want them to have.
Speaker 2: The best year ever, the best back to school year ever.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about Elon Musk and his conversation with former President Trump. It was on X last night. It went over two hours. There were some technical issues in the beginning. It was slated to start at seven pm our time.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest takeaway from this whole thing. I know they covered topics and they hit things, but the number one story was, oh, they couldn't get the tech to work.
Speaker 4: Right, you know it giving it was giving boomer like camera on camera off audio must claimed it was a distributed denial of service attack.
Speaker 2: They apparently, they were saying.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of the conversation, They're like, we tested this thing out big time. Of course, millions of people to listen, so they weren't like it was just a hiccup. It was just like a technical glitter hiccup. The two discussed things, as you mentioned, you know, it was built as a conversation. So they talked about the attempted assassination of Trump and Pennsylvania. They talked about immigration, they talked about Russian President Vladimir Putin, They talked about the threat of global warming. At one point in the discussion, over one point three million people were listening live, So this was something that a lot of people were locked in on.
Speaker 1: If I remember my broadcast law class which I took, which I was forced to take. You took that.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, I think you have to when you got a calm, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe he has to offer that same amount of time to Kamala.
Speaker 2: He did offer her to come on.
Speaker 7: He has to. He has to.
Speaker 1: If you have one side on, you have to give the other one on that goes with us, that goes with anybody. Okay, if we have like somebody that we like that's running for mayor or something, or if we have somebody that's going for Sheila Jackson's lease, Sheila Jackson Lee spot. If we have them on, you gotta time it. And then anyone else that's going for that job, you got to give them the same amount of time. They don't have to take it, right, but he has to offer that to her. Now absolutely, that's the way it used to be.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, and a as a reporter as well, say I'm doing a.
Speaker 4: Story on you know, like the water quality or something like that, it's like you have to give the utility company or whoever.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm running a story on you guys today. Any statement, this is what it's on. Do you have any statement for me? Because it airs at five? I have a hard out.
Speaker 1: You know, this is what we're going with.
Speaker 4: Would do you have any rebuttal and you have to kind of air that you have to give that alternative side no matter what lane your story is going in.
Speaker 3: I think it would be huge for Kamala Harris to say yes to do it.
Speaker 5: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think so too on that.
Speaker 1: Platform with Elon Musk, the exact same thing that was offered to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about some stuff on the blog page because we really like, well I really like some of this Zillow porn, some of this real estate. Just love looking at different houses. Anytime I go on vacation anywhere, I always pull up Zillo. But if you're looking in West Virginia, oh you might be after this listing. It is a double wide trailer with an indoor pool. It's the only one, might be the only one in America. So it build as an aquatic oasis for only one hundred sixty five thousand dollars. Listen, they put two double wides next to each other, they joined them by a.
Speaker 2: Door, and then they hollowed one of them out to fit that pool.
Speaker 1: So my mind is blown. Hang on a double double wide.
Speaker 2: Double double que droumple wide.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It has four.
Speaker 4: Bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, sits on more than a half at an acre.
Speaker 2: It's a gym, the indoor swimming pool.
Speaker 4: It does have a slide, Alex, it does have a slide, and there was just a price cut with ten thousand dollars. We're talking about it now. So Alex, the Double Double Wine, Your little piece of Paradise smaller than this is a great song?
Speaker 2: Is this Hardy? This is that guy that called this is what anybody says, it's so great? This is Hardy? This is that guy was like a shot.
Speaker 3: The song is called Rednecker.
Speaker 2: All right, wait wait, we congratulate.
Speaker 4: We congratulated the kids on being back to school this morning. But this is the time to have like a movie night that features one of your favorite high school movies. People are voting on the best high school movies of all time on Ranker, and we swiped the top ten. Number one is The Breakfast Club, which, okay, that plays that one's great. Two Back to the Future, three faris Feeler's Day Off, four Grease, five, sixteen Candles, six, Mean Girls, I'll give you there you go.
Speaker 1: Six of the top ten are movies from the eighties. Why can't they get high school movies right? And you know what should be on here? Super Bad? Super Bad is a top ten high school movie? But is there one since then? Some guys said, rob my favorite movie. They can't believe it's on the it's not on the list is project X projectool.
Speaker 2: Oh that part of the house. What about Varsity Blues? Is that a high school movie or is that more like a sports genre?
Speaker 1: That's one hundred percent of high school movie. Hang on a second, you guys can all affect this. It's at rancor dot com, which is just a constant you know, it's constantly moving. So whenever we got this snapshot, Breakfast Club happened to be number one at the time. But I don't have a problem with that being the best. I do think it's the best high school movie of all time. Robbie was on Today and he said Fast Times at Ridgemont High that would probably be my number two. And that's I mean, these are old men. These are early eighties movies, but eighties they knew how to do it. A lot of this stuff was John Hughes.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, let's talk about jelly Roll and college football season, because.
Speaker 2: ESPN shared a teaser clip with a new song by jelly Roll.
Speaker 4: If they say it's gonna have you so hype this season. There's a one minute clip of the song on Jelly's YouTube page as well.
Speaker 2: The song is called get by. Here's a here's a little tease from us.
Speaker 1: Have you seen I send make your stomach turn? I think you don't. We introduced the next head football coach. We got a potentious superstar on games we ain't coming.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it too.
Speaker 1: I'll let you seem a little luke warm on this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll get used to it, and then I'll get sick of it.
Speaker 1: Let's all.
Speaker 2: You get excited about these, and then by the end of the season, like, okay.
Speaker 4: Big college football guy, Alex, Yeah, okay, Country Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Country is very hot right now. Jelly Roll is like this crossover guy that everybody seems to love.
Speaker 3: I think it's a match made in heaven.
Speaker 2: You want to It's his world right now, Jilly's world right now.
Speaker 1: His wife in the video somewhere and she got bro what's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Why do you hate on Bunny Exces?
Speaker 5: Go for him?
Speaker 1: She's not bringing anything to the table. Yes she is all right? What do you got?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: The Astros got another win last night. They beat the Rays six to one. Alex Bregman and Yanni your das both homebred of the game. Alex Bregman is now homered in three straight games for the Stros. They've won six in a row, and they're gonna play the Rays again tonight. You say Kakuchi is gonna be on the mound for Uston going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Bo's first pitches at five fifty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports close.
Speaker 1: John Legend's wife that I don't like, Christychigan, Christy Tagan.
Speaker 2: I can't hear anything though, because Autum just sent me a picture.
Speaker 1: Because Christy Tagan is always trying to like weasel her way into stuff. It's like, let John Legend be John Legend. I don't know you're in this tall. He's super super talented.
Speaker 2: So she is, Oh my god, she's so much cool with Christy Chigan. That's not fair. That's not fair to Bunny.
Speaker 3: Christy Tigan's probably done more than Bunny. Let's see, like a supermodel.
Speaker 2: He got just standing there.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: What do you say?
Speaker 2: Has a podcast really good? When you got to see jelly roll, You're not like, well, how does what does life up to?
Speaker 1: Well? Back, good news. They're gonna be doing double meet and greets.
Speaker 3: Bundy's Bunny's gonna be back there now.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: All right, guys. Welcome to the halfway point, Rock Houston's.
Speaker 2: Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four five buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park, New Divide. Half point part of the show. Peoph got up to a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorm later coming out this afternoon closer to around three. I'm gonna keep it a little cooler today. Highs up around ninety five. Yesterday was dumb, dumb fell fell like one hundred and twelve out there.
Speaker 5: It's brutal.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, Well, the suburb of Summer Sizzler is coming up, and it's the final like regular game or outside of the brackets, however you want to look at it. But it's the final play in game. I guess Keema and Magnolia are gonna be taking on one another and then starting tomorrow, it's nothing but people that have won and earn their way into advance to the inner workings of the bracket. The bracket is on links and guests. You can go to the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com as well as you will see the link up there for the best high school movies of all time. This has got everybody you've worked up in a bit of a lather. It's not our list. If you're not familiar with the website rancor dot com. They rank everything and it's a constant, moving, sliding scale, and you don't have to be a member or anything like that. You just go and you can up vote things and it's like boom, there you go. I just up voted one hundred and sixty seven votes. Now, oh, one hundred and nineteen up, forty eight down. Breakfast Club is still sitting at number one. Okay. The thing that people have just hit me up with because we just you just kind of quickly went through the top maybe six or so down here, Dazed and Confused is gonna be one of the most iconic and greatest high school movies of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, true, so not my favorite people.
Speaker 1: Have a connection to it. For me, it's a top ten, dude, it's a top Clueless.
Speaker 2: The song you just played before this, Clueless, that's the best one for me.
Speaker 1: Clueless, I believe was a top ten. It may have been knocked out of the top ten. Now because Ranker, like I said, is a live website. Everyone's asking me about, dude, where is Dazed and Confused on the list? Okay, well let's just go take a look. All right, it's not our list, but this is where god damn it, get rid of c.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, everything is arguable at the Breakfast Club. I'm fine with that being number one. I'm absolutely fine with that being the number one high school movie of all time. Number two is Ferris Bueller's Day Off, number three, Back to the Future. I think we all feel that's weird being labeled a high school.
Speaker 2: Movie because it wasn't like real high school.
Speaker 1: It's scenarios because it's a time travel movie. Number one for me, but it does take place around high school. He goes back to his mom's high school. He's in high school.
Speaker 4: He didn put Buffy the Vampire Slayer in there because she was in high school and she had to fight vampires as.
Speaker 2: She's a cheerleader.
Speaker 1: It might be on here like The Craft. Those types of movies are on here that place. If they're high school aged kids, I think you can get in on the list.
Speaker 2: Okay, then definitely put the Craft Back to the.
Speaker 1: Future at three. This is the current Fast Times is now it at number four Robbie's favorite.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's my number two.
Speaker 1: And I don't have a problem with Fast Times being the greatest high school movie of all time.
Speaker 3: I'm good with that too. Greece in at number five.
Speaker 2: Greece is a classic, like I know all the words to I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's a musical for me. And then it's a high school movie. Yeah, but it's a high school movie though, I just don't that's not my first thought. It's a musical. When somebody looks at the camera and sings, it's weird to.
Speaker 2: Me, it's still iconic. I feel like, no, I agree.
Speaker 5: That good.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we get there Mean Girls at six sixteen candles at seven sixteen candles. Top five for me waits American Graffiti and at number eight, you guys don't even remember that movie?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: American Pie Wolfman Jack is in that American Pie.
Speaker 1: Dead Poet Society. Okay, high school movie, Oh, Captain, my captain, Carpe dim sees the Day Robin Williams, it's an amazing movie. It's an amazing Oh yeah, best best private school movie ever.
Speaker 2: Then what's the one with Sara Michelle Geller. We're the Something Things.
Speaker 1: It's ten Things I Hate About You.
Speaker 2: No, it's the one where she, her and Ryan Philippy are in it and they are intention cruel intentions.
Speaker 3: Porky's in at number ten.
Speaker 2: Never seen it, Porky's.
Speaker 1: They're in high school. The movie is about them getting into this bar called Porky's. And that's my first thought. But they're in high school. It's a high school movie. It's in at number ten. Ten Things I Hate About You at eleven. Okay, pretty and Pink, Pretty and Pink not in the top ten. Another Molly Ring mold right yeah, in at number twelve, Clueless at thirteen. American Pie at fourteen. American Pie should be top ten. American Pie was brought the genre back. It did you know? And it just it's so iconic. It's two thousand. I thought it held up with all the John Hughes stuff from the eighties. American Pie nineteen ninety nine, bring it on, Days and Confused, Not until days and q in Confused finally in at fifteen. Napoleon Dynamite is a high school movie.
Speaker 2: It's true they go to prom because the sleeves are.
Speaker 1: Puffy sixteen Bill and Ted's excellent adventure Time Travel, But they're in high.
Speaker 3: School's so old all right?
Speaker 2: D three The Mighty Ducks, Yeah, Mighty Ducks. They're in high school.
Speaker 1: Weird Science at eighteen, Scream at nineteen, remember the Titans, and Summer School at twenty. Super Bad not in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: Say, I say, I can't. I can't accept this list.
Speaker 1: Heather is Freaky Friday, super Bad twenty six great high School.
Speaker 4: You haven't watched high school movies, though, wish upon a star who could forget Disney's cool High School of Musical high School music on the high school list.
Speaker 3: You guys could affect this list by going to.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ruin. This list affects me to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. It says read more here boom. Anyone can get on that rank or website and start moving all those movies around you can. All you gotta do is up click them and down click them. All right. Super Bad is the most super Bad is the biggest casualty. It's behind that Friday. Yeah, come on, yeah, come on now, come on, all right, check that out It's.
Speaker 12: A perfect list for today Houston's alternative and tell him of the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. A lot of you going to that best high school movie list that we have for you. It's on links and guests on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: You can go in there and then you can go to the rankor page. I went through it too.
Speaker 1: I up, down, upvoted, down, voted all the different things that I like too. There's some things that are not on there. I'm hearing from friends of mine, my bodyguard, they're old ones. Three o'clock High is an amazing high school movie. You guys probably never saw School Ties with Brendan Fraser. He goes to this school and he hides the fact that he's Jewish because he's the star quarterback. And then they find that and then you know who's the you know who's the dick.
Speaker 9: In that.
Speaker 1: Matt damonst time I saw Matt Damon and he's such a good asshole in that movie. Yeah, and he's the one that outs him. He said, you're Jewish because he's going after his girl and all his School Ties is amazing school Ties is I think the drama. Yeah, I think Benefflex in that movie too. They were really really young. All right, all the high school movies on Links and Guests. We're going to meet the suburb of Summer Sissler players coming up.
Speaker 3: But right now, I'd like to find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Break Dancing will not return for the twenty twenty eight Los Angeles Olympics.
Speaker 2: Olympics joke. Yeah, A sport is not usually.
Speaker 4: Considered a core part of the Olympic program until it is at least part of three consecutive games, which breaking will not be.
Speaker 2: The organizers for LA wanted to.
Speaker 4: They opted out of breaking and opted in for cricket, lacrosse, squash, and flag football. It may return in twenty thirty two for the Australia Olympics. Maybe we'll see Ray Gunn make her.
Speaker 1: You know, hang on lacrosse is a lock for the LA Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yes, rock, flag football, baseball, and softball.
Speaker 4: Okay, speaking of the Olympics, you know the whole Jordan Chiles debacle going back and forth. Did she win the bronze, did she not? Did she get at the protest in time, no matter what flavor. Flav had saw that back and forth and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, yo, girl, I got you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make you a bronze clock and no one has that, and he did and it's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So I retweeted it can.
Speaker 1: Make you give it back.
Speaker 2: You just feel like no, and then they have to make a new one.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they count it. I mean, she obviously has it.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know she was at she was at Texans training camp.
Speaker 4: Jordan Chiles was at a Texans training camp hanging out with some of the players.
Speaker 2: So I saw the Texans retweeted that, but I would just hold on to it and like, never let it. We know what, we know you would do that. We know you would do that.
Speaker 4: Also, did you guys see there was a huge earthquake in LA and it was a little bit of this was caught on the Spy.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 2: There was podcasts that were being recorded.
Speaker 1: I don't know her name, but I have her on looking at Girls Andrews, and she was so calm and composed, like, Okay, hang on a second, we're having a little bit of trouble here. This is an earthquake. We're in LA and she's checking with the camera. Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? And she goes right back into her interview. It was an unbelievable boss move of hers. I never seen anybody handle something like a natural disaster. She just said, let's make sure that none of the lights are gonna fall, let's make sure the camera's good. Okay, and then boom right back into her interview, back into business.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a spending on eighty four five of the bus.
Speaker 1: Say hi to Ronald here? Ronald, Yes, sir, Hey dude, congratulations, this is the last play in game.
Speaker 3: Who who you're repping today?
Speaker 8: Magnolia?
Speaker 1: Well, well, well Ronald from Magnolia, don't screw it up?
Speaker 5: Patrick?
Speaker 1: Hello, Patrick, whether you are high? Patrick? Hello? Hey man? Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Uh Keema?
Speaker 8: Get third?
Speaker 1: Is ever that two Ki's Hamburger places?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it the best hamburger?
Speaker 7: It is not.
Speaker 2: It's good, but it's not the best seafood?
Speaker 1: Is there a better one in Chema? A better burger? Stomps?
Speaker 2: Heard of that stomps or swamps?
Speaker 7: It's a little bit further south on?
Speaker 1: Okay, and test the need of the spelling on that st stomps.
Speaker 7: Sky, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, dude, what are you talking about burgers?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 1: I need you merchand why are you talking about bood?
Speaker 2: I just need you.
Speaker 1: I need you murdering songs. Okay, that's what I need out of you. Patrick, and you Ronald. Only one of you will advance into the inner workings of this bracket. Ronald, have you been practicing as best I can? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 11: I just you just using some of the apps on my phone and just playing the beginning of the songs and the best against them blindfolded.
Speaker 1: The problem is you have to pick those songs and then you're guessing what they are. You've already picked them to play on your phone. No, no, no, just an alternative rock in general, gotcha? Okay, what about you, Patrick, is there been any practice to get for this game? Well?
Speaker 9: Yes or no.
Speaker 7: I'm one of your twenty year listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: But there are some songs that I just can't stand that are playing on this radio station, so I kind of tune them out, all right, So I've been listening to them.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the honesty I really do.
Speaker 1: I can relate with that as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never done this before.
Speaker 2: Hang up on both of them. I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Just kidding, guys.
Speaker 3: Let's practice.
Speaker 1: Let's practice. Shut out your name and you think you know who this is? Patrick? Patrick? Who is it?
Speaker 3: What's the song title?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: He's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's okay, he's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was just practice. Think about that, Ronald, think about that. You got three minutes. It's ninety four or five the buzz okay, ninety four five the buzz. Patrick from Chema.
Speaker 3: He was right. That is Pod and youth of the Nation.
Speaker 1: Ronald said his name, But after Patrick, Ronald, was that an easy song?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: He just got in there before me. He did get in there before you. I didn't practice with anybody during the whole tournament. I don't know what made me think of it now, but you guys are gonna be the last dudes in to get your way into the inside of the brackets.
Speaker 3: So I don't really have much else to do but just get into the game now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this gets into the sweet sixteen. If you win this game today, Patrick, you were quick man, You're there, Patrick representing Keema, Ronald representing Magnolia. Alex, let's serve these guys up a song, alrighty, don't do pod Youth of the Nation. They know that, Yeah, they know that one.
Speaker 2: It's too easy, too easy for that.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't ever think you'd be in there twice, So forget later on this hour, give me about give me about eight minutes, and I'm going to give away some rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. But this is the suburb Summer Sissler. This is the last person that's invited into the Sweet sixteen, getting ever close closer to that five thousand dollars? Ronald? Are you ready? I'm ready? Patrick, I know you're ready.
Speaker 7: Ready.
Speaker 1: This is game number sixteen. Do like you did, shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the band. Good luck Keema Magnolia, You're on, Patrick.
Speaker 7: Running Patrick lost Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Alex, am.
Speaker 2: Wow, I thought that was gonna stump somebody.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was quick. I agree with you, Alex.
Speaker 2: It's any lesser played, lesser known Lincoln Park songs.
Speaker 1: Wow, Ronald, he got in before you. Would you have gotten both of them?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I had got both of them. Yeah, I'm definitely getting in there though.
Speaker 1: He's quick. Magnolia. You go home. That's it. We're done with you, Ronald. Thank you for playing, Thanks for signing up. Yeah, thank you, appreciate you. Good luck dealing with everybody at Magnolia. They could be a little crusty towards you. All right, you've probably got a nice little break here, Patrick, one two, This is the way Chile one two, six seven. Yeah, you you got seven games in front of you till you play again. But you're taking on aj from Spring Branch. Always got the dates, always got eight twenty three, So circle that on your calendar. Hopefully everything goes accordingly. But yeah, we've got all the dates in there right now. We got this whole thing laid out beautifully. Tomorrow Pearland, Jessica Seabrook, Camille Chick flight tomorrow on the show. All right, Patrick, welcome to this week sixteen.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Suburb Summer Sizzler. Every morning at A twenty, give me four minutes and I'll give you a chance to win some twentieth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Alright, on a Empire upon the buzz whipping out the bush. Bush came in for the tenure the rod Ryan Show tenure anniversary party. That was a good one. That was a really really good part. Egg. I mean, we got to do it double right, We don't make to do it like twice as good for the twentieth, we sure do. I see up to a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms later around this afternoon highs of around ninety five. Now, I said, I said, coming up, I'm gonna give you a chance to win some rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Michael. Hi Michael.
Speaker 3: You were just trying to get in a little early.
Speaker 1: Huh hi shit. So yeah, it's all good, Matt. I'm glad. I know everybody wants to go to this party. Thank you. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was trying to win your ticket.
Speaker 1: I haven't said to call in yet, but you got in early though. I mean, it's it's a big deal, right, like you want to go to it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning. Who's this movie?
Speaker 3: A little trigger happy this morning?
Speaker 1: Huh little early? Oh yeah, you know it early good morning, My good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 3: A little early good morning?
Speaker 1: Can you hear all this? Like nonsense? The noise on the phone. So if you if you guys want to know what Chili does for a living when he gets these guys on some raw dog in these calls, just lie on the air. So Chili's like, turn down the radio and do all of this and speak up and turn down you know, if you got if you're next door to Louis in a swamp boat or something, you know, turn turn that fan off. Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 3: See there's the radio, and then there's the delay you got to deal with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's this.
Speaker 3: He's listening to the there's a big delay.
Speaker 1: That's cool, Hey, Tony, I appreciate you trying to win these tickets. All right, I'm gonna clear out the lines, Yeah, clear them, clearing them out, clearing them out.
Speaker 3: This is all people that are listening on the stream.
Speaker 1: I'm just clearing out lines, giving everybody a chance to get caught up. All right, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna say, caller number ten right now, what have we given away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to or wait, wait, wait, these aren't tickets.
Speaker 2: Are passes.
Speaker 4: Because you need a pass to get in to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party at Carbok Brewing. You can't buy these, So maybe that's why people were jumping the gun over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're losing their minds overrated, which is good. It's caller number ten seven one three, two one two five nine four five starting now, good.
Speaker 11: Luck Houston's rock Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five bus stained and lowested me another happy customer before that getting their way into the rod Ryan Show twenty at the Anniversary show. Don't worry. I mean worry, but I'm telling you not to worry. There's so many opportunities. It's August thirteenth. The Anniversary show is in October. Okay, it's October twelfth. Got two months. You got two months to win your way in. I plan on giving away tickets every day on the show. I can't say that about Jeremy and everyone else. I don't know what they got going on. I can tell you that I plan on giving away tickets every day on the show. And then I also plan on opportunities to have more than one pair of tickets given away on the show. I plan on having some parties. I plan on doing some stuff online, planning on all of that stuff. And I know that doesn't help you. You're like, well, Rod, when when soon? Soon? We got two months? We have two months of this, guys, it's torture when you don't have your tickets yet. I get it. Fifty percent chances of scatt with understorms this afternoon, HI have ninety five one final time Houston's headlines. I guess we got up in the morning and out all those kiddos are.
Speaker 3: Back in school already now, like they're in class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully they're sitting in their seats ready to learn, get all their school supplies or the backacks spitballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, not yet.
Speaker 1: It's like like a little early Yeah, spitball's day one. You can't do that, not before noon? Likeutation can you give somebody a did you guys give flat tires?
Speaker 3: Step on the back of the shoe? I still do that too, Yeah this week either? Can you flip books?
Speaker 2: That's the next week? Do they have books?
Speaker 4: I think they have like laptops of these iPads crack the screen.
Speaker 1: Can't flip tablets now, okay, so no, go okay, let's not misbehave. Yeah said, just you disregard that, don't tip over the bus.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, dear Park, Clear Creek, Clear Week, what Friends, Santa Fe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's out, it's out further.
Speaker 4: It's like you go past Caroland, Yes, Santa Fe, Stafford, Pasadena, Tomball, Friends, wood Fort, ben Christian Logos Prep and British and National School of Houston. Welcome back everyone and everyone on the road. Just slow down in school zones and watch for those kids because they're everywhere now. The late Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee's daughter is entering the race to finish her mother's term. Erica Carterly has decided to run in the November special election.
Speaker 2: If you didn't know, Sheila Jackson.
Speaker 4: Lee died in July after a battle of pancreatic cancer, and now a special election on November fifth is going to determine who finishes out that term. So she's like, you know, I witnessed my mom's commitments to public service. You know, they re elected her to you know, uphold democratic values. So she says that she would support justice to quality healthcare, human rights, economic opportunity for all, and that she wants to finish the term for her mom.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm that's weird. I'm kind of politics.
Speaker 4: Before well, I'm trying to see I mean, listen, I'm sure if her mom's in politics, I'm sure she's served on committees and boards.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out which ones.
Speaker 5: But I'm I.
Speaker 4: All I have right now is a statement in front of me, so I can't really get too much into that, but yeah, you have.
Speaker 2: So she will be.
Speaker 4: Joining about fifteen Democrats, so that's a turner in there, and one Republican in the running for this seat for this last term.
Speaker 1: If I end up choking on that baby carrot, I'm all alone in my kitchen. I'd like London to come in here and host.
Speaker 2: Okay, I actually would really like that as well.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine her standing right here?
Speaker 1: I can?
Speaker 3: Okay, Miss Tessa, what do.
Speaker 2: We do next? Talk to them about mermaids? Run around the studio, tons of unicorn polls on the X.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about lefties because, oh my gosh, after reading this Today's National like left Hander's Day, and we are taking a poll question on like if you're right handed, left handed, ambidextrious, all that stuff. But most of these things are made varieties, like zippers on jeans, the flat covering the zippers.
Speaker 2: On the left, so like you can't zip up, it's almost impossible zip up. Your geness is your left hand. I didn't know that. Credit card machines, the swiper's always on the right.
Speaker 4: Measuring cups if you hold one in your left hand, you're you're stuck measuring in millileters, insteat of bounces.
Speaker 1: Your button's on your shirt. I mean it's a right handed world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, car fobs the kind of opens with a knife. The buttons set up for righty's, lefties have to open them upside down, rulers, tape measures, power tools, chopped saws.
Speaker 3: How many left handers do we have?
Speaker 1: Listening to the Rod Ryan Show International Left Hander's Day, seventy one percent of our audience is right handed, seventeen percent is left handed, and almost twelve percent is that weird hybrid like I am.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do a little of both, but I'm not good.
Speaker 1: The thing that when I say I'm a hybrid, I don't do anything well either or or I only do it either or I can't. I can't switch hit. I can't swing a golf cub club on the right side. I can only play lefty. I'm not a switch hitter. I can't do any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: I just I got that's very weird.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm what hand. I I'm dominant in different things, but I can't do both. Yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: You're not an ambient. You're not an amphibian. All right, let's talk about our entertainment blog page. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Anthony Bourdain's getting a biopic of Vince Vaughn, got a start on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. We have Donald Trump's interview with Eon Musk that was on Twitter yesterday. You have James Cameron saying he's going to develop a Ceerminator movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, it goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 4: So get to that entertainment blog page because there's so much to talk about, and we've got links for all of it.
Speaker 1: You guys recognize this. What is this entertainment tonight?
Speaker 2: It's like an old I should know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a big show back in the day.
Speaker 2: My dad still loves this show.
Speaker 1: Is it still entertainment Tonight?
Speaker 2: Who hosts it before you're trying to watch something important, you know what.
Speaker 4: We talked to them when there's like red carpets most of etc. It is Kevin Fraser and Nachelle Turner. Okay, the Mongolian Masters of Metal are hitting the road. I'm talking about the who Hu will be headlining a nine to eight Amphitheater tour. They're going to stop in Houston at the House of Blues November fifteenth. The tickets go on sell Friday at ten am. We got all the info on the music Walk page. Those are Houston Headlings.
Speaker 1: What did they play for us? A Weenie roast or something? Yeah? Or a buz Fest?
Speaker 3: Was it Buzzfest that they played?
Speaker 2: They were in this last busfest, one of the ones that I was here, so there was there's been three.
Speaker 1: I got to meet them. Very little English, Wow, very little English on Thosealians. People liked them. Yeah, they were interesting because you're watching them and you're watching something completely different.
Speaker 2: That's what I like singing.
Speaker 6: That's wild, all right, asked us win And they got another one last night, beating.
Speaker 2: The Rays six to one.
Speaker 6: Alex bregmant homer for the third straight game and Yadas also homered for the shows.
Speaker 2: They've now won six in a row. They're going to play the again this evening.
Speaker 6: You say Kikuchi's gonna be on the man for Houston going up against Tampa Baysed Shane Bozz first pitches at five fifty. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports Houston's Rock and The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show six am. The Buzz. Here we go ninety four to five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Foo Fighters and my hero on an international left handers Day?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like I can hang with you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like a half and half guy. So middle child yesterday, left handers today. I'm having a good week. I'm having a good week, man, fifty percent chance I'm scattered thunderstorms later on this afternoon, hies up around ninety five.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: They say nationally ninety percent of people are right handed. That's not true for our audience. I'm finding that out on our whole question this morning. We are on the X.
Speaker 3: So where Donald Trump was hanging out last night?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: Sure was?
Speaker 2: He was on the X for over two hours.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched any of that yet. Seventy one percent of our our audience is right handed. It's because I gave you the option of the hybrid. I think that's probably what's skewing our numbers.
Speaker 3: I don't think they did that, Alex.
Speaker 1: The ratio and I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know this.
Speaker 1: I can't explain to you why I bat golf and play hockey left handed. Am I am right handed dominant. I eat with my right hand, I write with my right hand, I catch with my left and throw it with my right. And it's a two to one ratio in the NHL of left handed to right handed players. It's the only sport that has that is left handed dominant. It's got to come from playing hockey. And I never played ice hockey like organized. We just played a ton of hockey, just like from my youngest age. We all had hockey sticks and we all just played in the street. Somebody showed me to hit lefty like my dad was working. He didn't do it.
Speaker 3: My own man wasn't around for any of that, so he didn't show me how to do it.
Speaker 1: Somebody showed me, and somebody must have been left handed that showed me how to use a hockey stick.
Speaker 3: But did you know that Joe left hand two to one to one?
Speaker 1: It's not even close. Like, just think about the easiest thing for us to look.
Speaker 2: Like would be baseball are left handed like they are.
Speaker 1: They play they play their sport left handed.
Speaker 2: Okay, see so okay, it's a two.
Speaker 1: To one ratio. So that's how you swing it. There's no well there's a difference, but think about you're swinging a hockey stick is think about your slap shot.
Speaker 3: That's the same as my dumb golf swing, which is awful.
Speaker 1: It's the same movement, so that translates to the baseball swing as well. I played hockey before I played baseball, for sure I did so.
Speaker 4: But when you're trying to protect yourself with your right shoulder, that's what I always think, because in hockey, I feel like a HiT's always coming and you're like receiving and you kind of have to be ready to get knocked off.
Speaker 2: Your skates at any moment.
Speaker 4: So I feel like people are protecting themselves with their with that right side.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: The only other thing I do is I guess it would come to surfing or skateboarding goofy foot I think is considered left handed.
Speaker 2: So I wakeboard goofy. That's the only thing I do that's not dominant right handed.
Speaker 1: So your right foot is forward and your left foots in the back.
Speaker 3: That's goofy right right.
Speaker 1: That's how I. That's how I snowboarded. But one time I went and that's how I. But that's how I, uh skateboarded as a child. I could do both. I can do both.
Speaker 3: You do you feel comfortable doing both?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the on like skating or if I don't really surf, But if I were just standing on a board like that, I could do left hand right. I would probably go right first because I'm right side dominant. But I'm trying to think back to the Canadian thing. Do you think it's like when you're a Canadian thing? It's an NHL thing but is dominated by Canadians Canadians and the US doesn't have. It's not for the US players, it's two to one the other way, but the Canadian, Like you get a hockey stick fairly early in Canada, you probably use your dominant hand on the top to kind of control where you're going.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that would probably be why.
Speaker 3: You start really really young, and like they're like they come out of the.
Speaker 1: Womb and they're here, here's a hockey stick, bood hey, get too, boys together, like they're crawling. Just get.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: London does exactly what I do. And I didn't want that for her. I didn't want her to bat left handed. I didn't want her to goofy foot her her scooter and her skateboard. And she just did it that way because I couldn't show her the scooter. I couldn't show her the other way. I couldn't have my left foot in front and and and be pumping with my right. I just I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: But if she, I think so, she just that.
Speaker 1: So she just does it. She does it exactly the way that I do. She's more comfortable on the left side of the plate. She's more comfortable with a left handed hockey stick. It's genetics, babe, teach him bout it's not genetic. I don't know it's genetics or it's just it's it's I think it's a learned behavior. I think it's a learned behavior. And she's just doing what but the main person or showing her she's doing exactly what what he does, which is me. Yeah, I didn't need that. I didn't want that. She should have got a coach, yeah right, I should have all called it wingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should have called someone professional, right hander?
Speaker 1: Hey Wayne, can you work with my kid a little bit?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: I think she's special?
Speaker 4: You think?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Give you a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Guys, you got a chance to text, win some money, win a trip. Listen care of Morning Rob Ryan Show. Okay, still have tickets to go see Kings of Leon. Will give you those on know the show online. It's Alex online, the mug that's Alex everybody. He does this little thing called Alex Online every day. What are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I got a good one for you today.
Speaker 6: This is called mug Shots Squares and there's a couple of little games you can play in this. The one that I have selected currently has you matching five mug shots with five weapons.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought it was gonna be like what they committed with crime committed.
Speaker 6: These weapons include a hair curler, a Stanley cup, a glassic kosher del spears. I think these women, two of them are two of three of them are men. And then a foam roller and then a Scotch tape dispenser. So you will be looking at the five mug shots and trying to pair what the assault weapon was that these five people used. And then it I mean, it's kind of just guessing. You're just kind of just judging based off the picture. And then you can also go to the other The other route that you can take is can you decide what these people did?
Speaker 1: Oh the actual crime at the crime and on the mugshot.
Speaker 6: Go see if you can you can do this kill some time that day at work, we'll finish Ride Ryan Show Page the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to school kids. Remember I'm the principal and you can talk to me any time about any problems you're having with Todd. That's right, Todd or only you don't.
Speaker 6: Be a dick.
Speaker 1: Talk the bus five the Buzz. Good morning, rot Ryan's show some forty one Landmines. You get your tickets to that show. Walking onto the buzz dot com. Go to the concert calendar. You can see all the shows that are I imagine we'll have some tickets some more tickets for that show before it hits. I told you I got Kings of Leon tickets for you. Still to come. Those will be heading your way on Know the Show. Great tickets all week again. Last week was sick with those pit passes. That was last week. Last week may have been the best week of the entire year for winning tickets on this show, because then you had to sprinkled in the twentieth anniversary show tickets and those two shows with the pit passes kidding.
Speaker 2: Me, and then you made the announcement but if you want other tickets, yeah, and running.
Speaker 3: For twenty Yeah, I did say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're looking away from that thirty day thing to a fifty percent chance, well higher now fifty percent chance of scatter thunderstorms later on this afternoon. Highs up around ninety five. Tuli, I didn't ask you all day yesterday there was a problem and you said you had to go through corporate. I'm assuming you didn't say anything to me today when people were watching us on Facebook Live and YouTube live, they could hear us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far, everything's good, no problems.
Speaker 1: All right. I just ran in the hallway and Greg run arounds like I'm trying to listen to you online. I can't hear you as anybody said anything about the stream. Everything to your knowledge is working fine.
Speaker 2: Today, everything to my knowledge is working fine.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Usually our our listeners are pretty good about emailing us, and yeah, no indays we're not, you know, because we get busy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would have heard. I would have heard from somebody if we were having problems. Okay, I'm glad that got worked out. Thank you, Chilly, Well, thank you. I'll be here if you need me. We were talking about that high school movie list and who was it? Robbie call her number ten. Robbie is the one in case you don't know who Robbie is.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mister, what that's him?
Speaker 3: That's Robbie.
Speaker 2: That's our guy.
Speaker 1: His favorite high school movie was Fast Times at Ridgemont High. It came out forty two years ago today, nineteen eighty two. We were we were introduced to the character Jeff Spaccoli. Spaccoli, Sean Penn, Yeah, Spaccoli. And then we never saw a character like that, probably till Stiffler. There was characters in movies, but Stiffler is probably like came close to being like such a dominant character that he wasn't you know, the main Very different characters, very different characters, but they were. They were meant to be fringe players, but they they had main character energy. You know, I don't think I don't think Stifler was supposed to know. Jim was the main character in American Pie, and Stiffler just dominated all the scenes. He was in Spaccoli did the same thing fifteen years earlier. You know, that's cool our time.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that movie.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all it's eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: You never saw it.
Speaker 2: I've seen clips of it.
Speaker 1: It's good and it handles some pretty heavy things. It's important, girl sneaks out, has sex for the first time again. It's very important about sex past times. No and uh and a woman directed, woman directed that movie.
Speaker 2: It was like that part of the human race also important.
Speaker 3: Very but the movie was very groundbreaking, you know.
Speaker 1: And then it bled through that it it came from like kind of her perspective on that, and that's what kind of made it a big deal as well. This personal injury law firm, they went through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administrations fatality and injury reports to find out the time of day that most fatal crashes in each state happened. They went all the way back to twenty seventeen, so it kind of shows you, in general, what is the most dangerous time to be on the road. So overall more states, about twelve of them across the country. Research reveals between five and five fifty nine is the riskiest time to drive in twelve states Texas not in there. There's another ten states, which includes New York, Ohio, North Carolina. Driving between six and six fifty nine is the most dangerous. We're not in there either, We're We're in Nine to nine fifty nine is the most dangerous time in the state of Texas to drive a PM really yep, nine to nine fifty nine is the deadliest time to be on the road in the state of New York. These other times, I mean, I guess you know, when the when the turn the dumb clocks back, it's probably dark. But for the most part, five to five point fifty nine with the most states that being the deadliest time, it's still pretty bright outside. I realized something. I drove to olympuskit so I didn't drink it in party. Did that on purpose, but I had to work in the morning, and I still wanted to just enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: And never drive at night.
Speaker 1: I never drive at night. Ever, it was so weird. Yeah, I noticed it driving home. I didn't have a problem with it. Yeah, I just don't drive at nighttime.
Speaker 2: I'm tucked in usually too man.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm not on the roads out there, like morning time is nighttime when we come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It would get a little tail, that's true.
Speaker 1: I just noticed the difference because there's more people on the road. There's a lot more people on the road at night than at four o'clock in the morning. But you're right, it's the same thing. It's driving. I don't know. It was just it was a weird thing. I just like, I don't if I go somewhere, I uber, you know, I'm out about and I don't drive. I don't drive leaving a venue, leaving a concert, leaving an event, I don't.
Speaker 2: Drive usually same.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, I'm just usually not out late at all, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a bedtime. I want a bedtime. I got a hard out.
Speaker 1: It was weird. I didn't like it. I didn't because there's not that much traffic in the morning, so that was the big difference. I didn't like it. All those cars on the road at night at Dart and I know it's a major old man moment.
Speaker 4: The times at the weekend where I have been on the road, maybe I was like, oh, remember when I was like covering football on the weekends and I'd come home late from one.
Speaker 2: Of these Thursday night football game.
Speaker 4: There is there are maniacs, there's car clubs, there are police chases.
Speaker 2: Like it is wild, wild out there. I'm kind of glad I don't drive out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was scaley, it was definitely. I noticed a big difference out there. So yeah, that that's what it is here in Texas.
Speaker 12: So just be safe at all times, please, Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that ninety four to five The Buzz, Nickelback and rock Star. I told you guys, I finally watched that Nickelback documentary it's called Hate to Love Nickelback.
Speaker 3: I saw it, I believe, on Netflix and it was free and it's good.
Speaker 1: It just lim you know that I'm coming from a place that I love Nickelback. I just didn't think the documentary was great. I didn't learn a whole lot. I learned some things.
Speaker 3: I don't know everything about them.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't It wasn't like a great documentary, but I really enjoy I like the band, so I.
Speaker 4: Liked it from the stance of a good documentary could be a story, you know, and they're gonna give you extra details.
Speaker 2: They're gonna tell it in a way that is still, you know, phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I mean, you find out something that, oh my, I had no idea about that.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite moment.
Speaker 1: I didn't have it what I didn't have an aha, although I think I knew that Chad, you know, he got married to Avril Levine for.
Speaker 3: A short period of time.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: That's the only time he was married. He doesn't have any kids. Everyone else is like a dad in that band. And they say that Chad is a rock star. He's given his whole life to Nickelback. That's it. He lives the lifestyle. He still drinks and parties and all of that. And there's and there's different buses when they go out on tour. Yeah, because now they're at a point they make so much money that it just happened like one guy had a kid and a family. It's like, well, we don't. We're not making that kind of money yet. Now two guys in the band of the fort, now that they got a wife and kids, Now we're going to do two buses, the party buses and the family buses. Chad has his own bus and the families are bussed up with all the kids and stuff like that. He's a rock star. And they just said he's married to nickel Bame and yeah, and that's it. He's just so dedicated to it.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you my Chad story?
Speaker 4: When I was bartending in Corpus, he had Nickelback had played Concrete Street down there, and.
Speaker 2: They had a VIP room.
Speaker 4: I'm the upstairs in the bar that I work, and I go, let me just go up there and see if I can see him.
Speaker 2: And I just I walked up.
Speaker 1: The whole band was there, or just the whole.
Speaker 2: Band was there. And I walked up and there was like there was like pizza and all this drinks and food whatever up there.
Speaker 7: I go.
Speaker 2: He's the first person.
Speaker 1: I go, Oh, Hi, I go, welcome to Corpus. Is he so recognized because.
Speaker 4: He's so tall and he looks at me and he goes hello, and he goes, doesn't that smell like onions?
Speaker 2: And go, well, yeah, like, I guess it does smell a little like onions.
Speaker 1: I've been around him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy. And they're all really nice. Canadians are nice. They're all really nice. When they first started, I was working with bud Light. Bud Light came to me and they said, listen, we got ten grand. Oh we want to do like a free concert. It was at a club, the Howland Wolf in New Orleans, which was the bar, and nobody had heard of Nickelback. And this is me, I am patting myself on the back. I convinced bud Light. I said, this band, Nickelback, could turn out to be really really big. I said, I really like them, but I know him because I'm up from North and I kind of knew they had this. They had a little bit of a momentum thing going on. Nobody knew them in New Orleans.
Speaker 10: Yea.
Speaker 1: They gave him the whole ten grand and we did a concert with Nickelback and people got to go for free. And then Nickelback turns out to be Nickelback.
Speaker 4: You know what, I mean, that was probably one of the best shows for them money wise, but probably the least amount now like looking back at it was.
Speaker 1: It was good money for them at the time, right because they had one leader of men.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: They had one song out and it really wasn't being played in heavy rotation anywhere in the States.
Speaker 3: You know, I've gotten a lot wrong too.
Speaker 1: I put a lot.
Speaker 3: I had people invest in Jimmy's Jimmy's Chicken Shack.
Speaker 1: Okay, they didn't work out.
Speaker 2: But it feels good when you get it right. It right, all right?
Speaker 1: Go check out the Nickelback documentary Okay, hate to Love Nickelback, and they talk about the hatred and the where does it come from?
Speaker 3: And why is the Internet the way that it is? They do, they get into all of that.
Speaker 1: So it's it is. It's good.
Speaker 3: It's better than I'm describing it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to do some driving tonight. I'm going out.
Speaker 3: I'm going to that home run dugout.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, one dug out and Katie.
Speaker 1: Home Run Dugout. Tonight. Hawthorn Heights is going to be on stage. They're doing twenty Years of Tears and there are tickets available if you go to home Run Dugout dot com. Okay, home Run, home Run Dugout Concerts. They got a whole series coming up. I think amber Lyn's coming through maybe later this week, but I'm going to be there tonight. You've already been there to me how great the place is. You said the food is really good too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this food is good. And then I went and looked at the menu. Alex, they have a hot dog flight. They give you a hot dog three.
Speaker 4: Ways, chili, cheese, kraut, and mustard, and then I forget the third one.
Speaker 2: But either way it's gonna be great. I need to order that.
Speaker 3: I'm not pulling like a Chad Kroger here.
Speaker 1: I need to be in a back room or something. I can't just be sitting there mouwing a flight of hot dogs in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: You're not dedicated to the dedicating to the Glizzy game.
Speaker 8: Like me.
Speaker 1: As soon as I take a bite of that Gizzy, he's like, hey, Rock, can you get a picture?
Speaker 3: I was like, uh I cower kraut going down my shirt? What do you give it away? I know the show.
Speaker 2: I have a pair of tickets see Kings of Leon. They're playing Toyota Center this Friday.
Speaker 1: Just like I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat corn on the cob. If I was being paid to be somewhere, I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat corn on the cob. And I say the same thing about crawfish. I'm not getting on mealy out chicken hands.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: I am okay, Kings of Leon tickets on the flip of this break, stay there, Rock and Alt very use to the.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Larning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's show on this Tattuesday. What happened? We won't let's do the thing.
Speaker 12: La la la la la, la la la la.
Speaker 3: What have we given away yet?
Speaker 4: Okay, so we still have tickets to Kings and Leon, which they're going to be here Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, big big show on Friday. Yeah, okay, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, we had a conversation about the super Bowl possibly being on the Sunday before President's Day and that would mean like we could possibly get that Monday off and it was so fun all.
Speaker 2: The back and forth.
Speaker 4: But which quarterback really got this conversation going? I know, Alex you had mentioned the commissioner talked to it, but we had talked about a player.
Speaker 2: That had brought it up. And just tell me who that isn't. I'll give you the.
Speaker 1: Tickets seven one three two one two five if you know the show to go. The buzz is right in our podcast. Tell your smart device to blake ninety four or five the buzz on IARN radio. Find the buzz it my own worst enemy, rod Ryan shows at Tuesday. I never made it over there to go check out that link. A lot of you did, though, Number one link today. Thank you. Fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms later on today this afternoon, Hive about ninety five. Let's wrap it up with please now time for know this show on ninety four to five. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good do, good do, good do, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 7: Colin?
Speaker 3: Hi, Colin welcome?
Speaker 1: How are you? Yeah, buddy, how are you great? Thank you for asking. Let's see if we can get you some tickets here. Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Hey, we had a conversation about the Super Bowl, possibly being on the Sunday that is followed by President's Day.
Speaker 1: That'd be so awesome.
Speaker 2: Who is a football player that kind of got that? Combo started for us?
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're not my boy, blue boy, No dude, Sorry, all right, man, thank you, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this Mike? Hi, Mike, welcome to the show. Testing your question for Mike.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike, we had a conversation about the super.
Speaker 4: Bowl possibly being on the Sunday following President's Day.
Speaker 2: What player got that conversation started for us?
Speaker 7: Mister Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow, so hot, so.
Speaker 3: Hot, so de mirror with perfect with his slim, shady hair.
Speaker 2: I don't love that, but it's it's weird. It's like explore yourself, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird. I don't know. I get it. These are young guys and they're all trying to make a name for themselves. I just never I don't want to look like I put too much effort, and I don't look like I put any effort to what I wear?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with effort?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't want to look I just don't.
Speaker 2: Want to be a try hard correct Okay, I want.
Speaker 3: To I just if if I look decent, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's good enough for me. I don't look like I tried really hard to go out and like I want you.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to notice my clothes.
Speaker 1: That's a weird thing. That's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, some Gucci stuff. Anyway, I'll get the Hey is it, Colin? You get a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Colin didn't know Mike is the winner.
Speaker 4: Oh, Mikey, Mikey gets the Kings of Leon tickets. Congratulations, thanks for doing the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you, all right, hang on for me.
Speaker 1: When guys used to wear those pants and they had like the jewels in the pockets and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like that was real, was like trying really true religion. Yeah, the dazzled, the dazzled true religions.
Speaker 1: It was weird to try that hard to to.
Speaker 2: I had a pair of dazzled true religions.
Speaker 1: But chicks never think about it. With chicks, it's like awesome. I love girls putting in all that time.
Speaker 2: It's we like it when you guys put in time and effort.
Speaker 4: I don't love the dazzled jeweled no religion, but I like guys that take care of himself.
Speaker 1: You were a big Affliction gal, like the dudes in the Fliction shirts.
Speaker 2: Of Course Rock, Love, of Course, Heart.
Speaker 1: Get me a guy with an ed hardy wardrobe. Autumn came back into our lives and she turned Dan into a one pump chump. She was great today, so she's going to try to avoid the one slam clam. She's going to play the fresh out of bed head to head tomorrow morning with us tat Tuesday Number one link. Today, it's a happy lefty day. All my left hander's out there about a high school movie talk. You can do something about that list. It's on Ranker. The high school movie list is on the world famous rod ryansholpage at the buzz dot com. A lot of people clicked on that. All right, Patrick from Keema one, Ronald from Magnolia has to move out of Magnolia and more Sizzler. It's round two Sweet sixteen. Jessica from Pearland and is it Camille from Seabrook.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're playing tomorrow. It's wild Card Wednesday Tomorrow. I'm gonna make the home run dugout. Check out the weather. We have some rain coming this afternoon this is an outdoor thing.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, there's some coverage areas underneath, but yeah there's outside.
Speaker 1: We don't have to worry about rain tonight. So I'm gonna be out at the Home Run Dugout tonight. Hawthorne Heights is on stage. They're doing twenty years of Tears, So relive your nostalgic EMO years with me for the festival lineup that includes hmm, I don't know. I don't know if Amberlin's on it tonight or on Thursday. I can't read this thing logan. You call me home run dugout dot com. All right, Home Run Dugout dot com, get your tickets, all right. That's it. We gotta go. Jeremy's up next, NonStop Nooner, more Alternative Income, more twentieth anniversary passes with Jeremy tests us on Houston Life at one o'clock on KPRC. That's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break man. Have a great day today.
Speaker 5: Amm Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.