Speaker 1: It's a nice sime with Ray und you easy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Linus in Avon Linus. You're next to night Side. Hi.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing better with you than I was doing with with Lou or Ryan or whatever his name was. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes perfect sense. I just I have an issue with with the you know, the finances right now, because you know, my father is sixty four years old. He was on Social Security and they cut it because he had to go back to work full time. And you know, Mayo wu is, you know, spend all this money to support people who are not here legally, and yet my dad can get his Social Security check because he had to go back to work full time at sixty four just to try to provide fairs bortgage.
Speaker 1: And my mother.
Speaker 2: Did he he he took his Social Security payments early. I assume.
Speaker 3: No, he's sixty three, he's sixty four years old, and so he started collecting. Then he had to go back to work full time.
Speaker 2: Well, right, that's what I said. Just listen to what I'm saying, Okay, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. He began taking his Social Security payments at the age of sixty three.
Speaker 3: You just said, right, No, sixty four, Okay, most partial partial payments.
Speaker 2: It's been one of those nights. But what do you mean by partial payment?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know the full details, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Clear you don't. And what I'm saying is what I'm saying to you, Linus, is if your dad had begun taking his Social Security payments and had begun taking his you know, regular whatever normally, if you don't get your full Social Security until you're sixty six or sixty seven. At this point, I forget exactly what the age is. But you can take your SOCI Security pays at a reduced rate a little earlier, or you can hold on and actually you can take him hold off until ninth until you're seventy. If there's no reason. If your dad's on Social Security and then he decides that he has to go back to work and Soci Security's not giving him enough money, why does he lose his so Security? That doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I don't understand, because he went back towards they said he was making too much money because he started working at all time.
Speaker 2: Again, Yeah, Linus, that doesn't sound right to me. You live in Avon? Right? So who is your congressman? Probably Steve Lynch? Yes, okay. What I would suggest you do is you call you have your dad? Wherever your dad lives? Is your dad? I don't know how old are you Linus? If I could ask?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Nine twenty nine? Okay? So your dad probably is in his sixties, as you've indicated, right, Yes, okay, why don't you where does your dad live? Does he live in Avon or close by?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, he lives in mass but not close by.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, whoever his congressman is? If you told me what town he was living in, maybe I could tell you he could find out the name of his congressman or congresswoman and he should call them. Every member of Congress generally has someone in their office who has some level of expertise and issues like this. Uh, And I think that there's something wrong here and your dad should not suffer the consequences of having you know, if he's taking his Social Security payments and now he's gone back to work, I don't see why he can't take your sol Security payments and pick up another job. There should be nothing.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: And then on another part, my mother she's you know, she's been doing cancer research her entire career, and yeah, she's gonna lose a job, you know, working at a university because Trump wants to cut all this cancer research funds.
Speaker 2: And you know, man, suspicion, my suspicion line is is that that the Trump administration is not going to cut cancer research funds.
Speaker 3: I think they they they are already already give and notice.
Speaker 2: So okay, well, again, I can't get into your mom's case. I would also say that your mom should probably get in touch with the congress person's office and find out has your mum been working there a long time or she.
Speaker 3: Relatively new, oh twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no reason that that. Look, they have they have.
Speaker 3: It's all grant it's all grant funded. It's all grant funded. And Trump does not want to support the grants.
Speaker 2: And I longa I suspect that there will be a lot of pressure on this administration to draw our distinction between supporting you know, you know, opera performances in Ethiopia. I think that stuff is gone. But I do not believe that any president of the United States, and if he does, I'll criticize him. That is going to cut you know, cancer research funds. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense. I know that's what it means. I know that's what's being said. Okay. You know during the campaign they said that that that one of the things Trump would do is he would not support I VF you know, in vitro fertilization and one of the executives.
Speaker 3: She works on DNA, DNA d casing.
Speaker 2: You know, gotcha. Okay, I think I think line is. I think we're we're kind of talking past each other. So I'm going to let you run. But I wish best of luck to you, to your mom and your dad, and I hope it's gonna be okay. Thank you very much. We're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. We will regroup here here on Nightside. The lines are full. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Light Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Next up is Dave and Wrentham. Dave your next high Side, help me out, Dave got ahead.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, I'll do my best. Thanks for having me. I love your show.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks very much, and thanks you being on the ball and being Dave from.
Speaker 4: This Well, I totally agree with your comments on cancer research. I think that some people are saying, you know, it's being eliminated completely, even it's not even going to be cut. Maybe they'll find a better ways of doing it save money, but it's.
Speaker 5: Not going to be cut.
Speaker 4: But that's not why I call it.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I called I wanted to talk about immigration.
Speaker 7: Sure, so I've seen.
Speaker 6: A lot of articles there. Let's say that the immigrants commit crimes, filing crimes specifically at a lower rate than native more in Americans. And I don't doubt for a second that that's true, and it probably should be true in every country, that that's the people that they let in through immigration, because you're picking people that you either need and want, and you know you're not going to people.
Speaker 2: By the way. I don't know that's true. And you know why I don't know that's true. Why can you tell me how many people are here in this country as immigrants, either legal or illegal?
Speaker 6: I think we could. I can't tell you either of those, but I think we could probably say how many people are here legally and have been done it because we can count them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we have no idea how many people are here illegally. So if you don't know how many people are here illegally, and and and you want to find out how many murders or rapes are committed, or are armed robberies or bank robberies. When someone says, uh, it's well, no, the crime rate amongst the illegals is lower. How do you First of all, you say, how do you know it? Number one? Number two, there's no statistics that I know of that that someone can say, well, you know, the percentage of murders by illegal immigrants is x and there are y number of people. So therefore the murder rate amongst all illegals, because we know the numbers is point zero zero four percent. We're amongst the population as a whole. We know it's three hundred and twenty million people in America. We know how many you know, homicides there are in America in a given ear. You can figure that out, but you can't figure out the percentage on the other On the other side, and then the other question is this that's the issue, that's not even the issue. The issue is we have enough homegrown murderers and rapists in America. We don't need any more so, what you know, if if you killed tomorrow by your next door neighbor who's an American citizen, we're really sad that you got killed, but we can't like you can't call the cops and say, you know, this guy next door, I really don't like him. Can you get him out of the country. What are they gonna say to you? They're gonna say, he's a citizen. We can't do that.
Speaker 6: Right, If we get better our citizens, we'd have a bunch lower crime rate.
Speaker 2: Well, it isn't a question of vetting. It's a question of you have a population that by fact they're citizens. You can't look around and say, you know what, I see that guy over there, he's going to commit a serious crime. Let's get him out of here. You know he's a citizen. However, we don't need more murderers and rapists coming into country. And one of the ways we can't guarantee, by the way, that if we admit people legally that some of them might not commit murder or rape. But I think there's less of a chan hans. I mean, you know who Lincoln Riley is right right?
Speaker 4: Ye, she would be.
Speaker 2: Alive today if the Biden administration had kept the border uh somewhat tighter. The guy came in, he was thrown out, he came back in. I think that how many times he came in across the border he killed lacoln Riley. Now, guess what most people could give a could care less about Lake and Riley. You know why because they don't know lacln Riley. But if that was your daughter, my daughter, your your niece, my niece, you know, where's our brains? Do we need more murderers in this country? Do we need more people in this country who we don't know? Because if you say it doesn't matter. Do we need borders? I think we need borders. Am I right or wrong on that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? And I think the reason I was calling this even if historically illegal aliens or illegal immigrants have had a lower crime rate than native born American citizens, even if that were true.
Speaker 2: Which is which which cannot be proven, but go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Were I doubt that the crime rate is as low as it has been with all the illegals we've had in the last four years come in, they're not vetted. You know that can't be you know, a good, a good chunk of the population can't be a good chunk of the population because they weren't vetted. We don't know they are also also there.
Speaker 2: By the way, can you turn your radio down because we're getting we're getting feedback. Do you are you sitting? Are you in a car somewhere?
Speaker 4: I'm in a car, so I have to have it on to hear you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, fair enough. What I'm saying to you is that every person who comes across the border illegally with Sentinel is is, I guarantee you is killing Americans. That alone should be reason to support tightening the border. And the Biden administration didn't do anything about that for four years.
Speaker 8: Four years.
Speaker 4: Yep, I totally agree. But are you on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Am I on Twitter?
Speaker 3: On Twitter?
Speaker 4: But do you use it? X?
Speaker 2: Yes? They do, Yes, they do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of twin brothers, Ed and Brian. Are you familiar with them?
Speaker 2: Uh know? Why should I be?
Speaker 4: Well, if you're on Twitter? But anyway, they're very smart, they're very left wing liberals, and they're on it all day long and putting all this stuff out there. They actually made a claim which I think a lot of people believe, if you let more people into the country, illegal aliens that have a lower crime rate than native born American citizens. It's going to lower the chance that a native born American citizen will be subject to a violent crime.
Speaker 2: Which is so I got a better idea. Let me. Let me take that absurd comment. And I'm not saying you're absurd. Let me take their absurd comment. And here's what I think we should do. We should kick we should allow as many illegal immigrants in the country as we can, open the borders, and all US citizens should be forced to leave America and go back to the country from which the Four Bears came. I will gladly go back to Ireland, Okay, because I have a dual citizenship. Once we get all the U. S. Citizens out of America and illegal aliens filling America, no U. S. Citizens will be killed by illegal aliens in America and I and that's a fact. Yeah, those those guys are First of all, if you're on Twitter, listen to night Side, Okay, I mean you know it's it's why would you even listen or follow two knuckleheads who don't know what the hell they're talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I like to follow people knuckleheads who don't know what they're talking about, so I can correct them.
Speaker 2: You know what, You're gonna die trying because, uh, there are people who call me on the station. I try to talk with them, have a conversation. They're impossible to reach. And those guys, they they got a Twitter following. Good for them. Thank God for the First Amendment. Any night you want, Dave, give me a call, but I got to run. Thanks man, We'll talk soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good night, Mike and Quincy. Mike your next one nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Hey, he thinks Dan.
Speaker 2: Now are you I'm fine? Mike? How you doing.
Speaker 1: I want to do? Yeah, we'll do it. Senship. You gotta tell me what's your citship? Mike.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble hearing you. Can you maybe speak more into the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to know you have a ship, Citienship. We'll coming ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob, Why don't you talk to Mike? Okay, maybe you can figure that. I'm having tough time understanding Mike. But we've got quite a streak going on here, folks. Tim and winterro go ahead, Tim, there goes Tim. Okay, we'll keep rolling here. Let's go to will On Long Island. Hey Will, I know who Will is?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Damn, I have never had a series of callers.
Speaker 1: It's like a full moon out and I got'll fly it off too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got a little wild up. I can understand your agitation and your frustration because I've listened for a little while now and I'm like, where are these people? What's happening here? This is not your tip of You have pretty good calls usually, so I don't know what's happening right now. So I'm weird. Is happening?
Speaker 2: Edited Mike the Twins I want to follow?
Speaker 1: Edit The guy Lou who was coming from Lou wants to talk about WU and I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: He's I'm wrong?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the last guy is I think he had a few too many cocktails, right. I think that he was asking you where's your citizenship? And you just explained to us you have dual citizenship with Ireland, which I also could have. I just refused. Now at this point, Ireland is not the is not the country that my family fled there for a reason, and when we're here now for a reason. But I was I wanted to share my.
Speaker 2: Last time when was the last time you were back in Ireland.
Speaker 1: I I have never gone back, and I don't think and I heard it's beautiful and a lot of my friends have gone back, but it's just And I'm half Italian too, actually raised by Italian immigrants, and I don't think I would go there either. We we we fly an American flag in both of my households that were both Irish and Italian descent, and my grandfather came from Italy and fought against Italy and World War two here for the United States. We just believed that.
Speaker 2: Will will. All I'm trying to say to you is that if this country goes down to drain, I don't know where the hell else people can go. I mean the thing America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have the screen in South America. I would go there.
Speaker 2: Well, then you know, we can send Christmas cards to each other. But I'll be an. I listen to what do you want to talk about last night?
Speaker 1: Last night? Listen. I know that I voted for this man to shake things up, right, but between Zelenski and the White House and between what I saw last night, I'm like in like a a state of shock. I gotta be honest. I mean, we had the president of the United States. And let me tell you something. CBS poll on the on the speech last night. I know that fifty one percent of the audience viewership was Republican, twenty seven percent was independent. But it had a seventy six percent approval rating last night. Okay, that he talked about things they cared about, and that they agreed with the things that he spoke about. Okay, So it was overwhelmingly positive for the president, all right, And how could it not be with the things that he was talking about. But when he literally pointed out he said dangerous left lunatics and pointed to the Democrats when he called Focahontas over there that you have in Massachusetts called it. When he called it Pocahontas in front of the entire chamber, I said, WHOA. This guy is on a mission. He is. This is a complete and total about face for the United States. We are telling the world that we are going to straighten out asymmetrical trade deals. We are going to bring I remember when Democrats told me my whole life. I'm almost fifty years old. I've been told by Democrats my whole life that we need to have strong industries here in America and a strong American worker in taxation in Paris were part of that plan in order to procure and save American jobs. And now when a former Democrat is saying the same thing, they're on the opposite side. It is absolute insanity. And sorry to all the Democrats out there. I am registered independent. I've voted Democrat before, but the party, like your friend Jeff at the Globe, nice guy, but your party needs to be completely annihilated and rebuilt with the old Democrats that believed in the American worker and America first. They believe the same thing that we loved America. We disagreed on things, but we weren't the enemy. We weren't each other's enemies. Dan, good luck, have fun tonight. Cheer up a little bit. It'll get better, all right.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very happy. I'm very happy. I'm sorry that you're going to be in South America. We'll all going to be in Ireland. But that's need to hear me there, will Let me ask you this. You left me hang in here, so I don't want to leave me hanging.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So were you proud of Trump last night or appalled by Trump last night?
Speaker 1: I was extremely proud of Trump, but I can't understand how there are going to be some Republicans, even certainly more moderates like you. You know that I'm one of those. I enjoy the rhetoric. I enjoy a little bit that I like about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't sure which way you were going. That's why I asked.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those people that can see things from both sides. I can see things from both sides.
Speaker 2: You kin, I'm trying to have a conversation with you, will help me out here. I asked you the question, were you pleased or appalled? Because it wasn't clear to me from what you said, and I wasn't sure which way you were going. I think that there were some fundamental mistakes in his speech last night. I think that this the language about how that there's you know, fifty one thousand people over one hundred and fifty years of age. I've read some articles which is just to me that there's a coding era within the social Security system, which is a lot more likely. If there are people, hold on, let me just finish my point, then you can have it. You can have the microphone. Okay, if there are people out there who have been accepting checks over a long extended period of time for relatives who passed away twenty or thirty or forty years ago. Those people should go to jail. So let's find out if we're really going to do a deep dive and we're going to talk about, you know, fifty one thousand people over the age of one hundred and twenty, whatever the hell the numbers were he mentioned, I need to see some action, I need to see some support, I need to see some evidence on that. So I'm still I'm probably a little bit more centered than you are. Go ahead, you can finish.
Speaker 1: You get the one when he got when he went actually when he got to that, I felt the same exact way, because I know that they input dates sometimes from people that they didn't have a correct date of birth, or this coding errors or there's mistakes. I get that, I understand, but when we're talking about millions of them, it doesn't mean they're all fraudulent, but it does mean that you know this, You know that these things are in there to the tune of millions of over one hundred years old, Okay, at some point, whether it was one hundred, one hundred and nine hundred times number Yep, when you add them all up, there's the tunes of millions. Okay, how come you haven't corrected that by now, even though probably ninety percent may not be fraudulent. What have you been doing while you've been sitting home working for the Social Security Administration?
Speaker 7: And if you if, if.
Speaker 2: That, if, if that was the point he was making, it would have been effective. Because it's the same way with with the Zelensky situation. It appears to me that Zolensky may come back and sign that Rear Earth Minerals deal. If if he does, it will prove that the behavior in the Oval office was justified. That never should have been played out in front of live television cameras. It diminished.
Speaker 1: It was also a little justified because he humiliated our delegation in the Ukraine by screaming at them with the reporters could hear him outside the room where our delegate actually came out visibly uh shaken after being berated.
Speaker 2: Well, under those circumstances. Under those circumstances, Zelensky should not have been invited to the White House. You do not from a diplomatic point of view and from a staff point if you. You do not do something that that is gonna fall apart like that. That's that's bad staff work. There should have been somebody who should have said, taking Zelenski aside and said, look, we're going to the White House. You gotta be in your best behavior. We're gonna have a photo op. That's gonna be it. If this questions, the President will will say thank you very much, and they move the cameras out. That's what they do. And then we're gonna go into a room and the documents are gonna be there. You will have already signed the documents, okay, and when the press comes in, we're gonna be sitting there and it's gonna be a done deal. That's the way you do it. Well, I gotta run. I'm way behind into my okay, bent.
Speaker 1: You all right. I have a good rest of the night, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks buddy, talk to you later. We're coming right back on Night Side.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with.
Speaker 4: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Next up is Christine. Hi, Christine, appreciate you calling in. It's gonna be great to hear your voice. How are you, Christine?
Speaker 7: Good News?
Speaker 9: Had a crazy night?
Speaker 2: Huh, Well, it's funny all of it was going pretty good, and people you were making some pretty good points and kind of started with I don't know. I mean, it's tough to tell. I was wondering if maybe we got a full moon going on, but Rob says, we don't have a full moon until the fourteenth of March.
Speaker 9: You know what I think it is, I'm saying, you know, I think people can't get out because it's been so cold, when people are just so tired of being in.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, to be honest with you, I think that I'm too nice a person. And I mean that seriously in the sense that I know that a lot of people when they call here, they can be a little nervous. And I try to give people and then if there are people who have language difficulties and are calling in English is their second language. I always try to go out of my way to be kind. But some people recognize kindness as weakness, and that's a big mistake when you're dealing with me.
Speaker 9: Trust me, you know that's the way you've been brought up to be nice to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what we do is we keep we track numbers to be honest with you and so Rob has a list of numbers. So this guy who's been calling us, I'm tempted to give his number out in the air. No, no, yeah, I'm tempted to give I'm not going to. But but if he wants to keep up calling incessantly and we we might you know, either that or what I might do is I have some friends who who are very very loyal to this program, and they they get quite upset with people who harass Rob. And I would not want those people to get upset because we obviously, you know, we we never want to have anybody, you know, in a situation that they're uncomfortable. But anyway, yeah, now people, there are some people who were jerks and I have to recognize that and accept it and deal with it. But you're not a jerk. Christine, you one of my favorite callers, and I'm so glad to hear you. How'd you think? What'd you think? Did you? Did you watch the mayor at all tonight? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I did. Wow, she really got growed.
Speaker 2: Yeah she did get she was in the hot seat. She she did fine. She was well well prepared. But for six hundred and fifty thousand dollars, I guess she should be well prepared.
Speaker 9: I know, what do you think of her comment at Boston the safe city? Do you think it's true?
Speaker 2: I think that Boston is a city that has a lot of problems that have not been addressed by the mayor. I think that the massive cast situation has never been fully addressed. I think we saw what happened in Boyleston Street this weekend. There have been some incidents h and there's there's there's areas of the city that are are are problematic, and we leave the league in bike lanes, but I don't think we leave the league in safety. And yes, indeed homicides have gone down, but that's been a trend that's been going on for a long time, and I would suggest that that's very much the responsibility and to the credit of the police officers who are out there. However, however, there are some areas of the city where we're seeing an uptick in violent crime, which is troubling and we'll and and probably be an issue in this campaign upcoming. So buckle up, it's going to be an interesting year. Christine is always thank you so much.
Speaker 9: What did you think of did you see that? Ayana Presley today.
Speaker 2: She never disappoints, does she. No, Yeah, I thought that all of a sudden when she was arguing with the chairman of the committee and was she made some as a I guess she at some point. I'm unfamiliar with her personal life, and I don't want anything bad to happen anybody. But all of a sudden she somehow she was being interruptive of the chairman, which is not good for him, and all of a sudden she was she was like screaming at the chairman and it was like, come on, that's not the qorum that makes Boston proud. I was proud of Steve Lynch, who's a classy guy and handled himself classically in a classy way.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I went a lot.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation privately with Aana Pressley two years ago at a charity fundraiser which we both attend, in which I will be attending on March fifteenth, is a fundraiser for a food pantry in Dorchester, and I spoke with her privately and I and she said, when when can I be in your show? I said, I'd love to have you in my show. You know, let's do it. She's well, I have my press person call you. I said love to I haven't heard from her. Thanks Christine. I got to run talk soon. Okay, okay, Christine, have a great night. Okay, good night. All right. Let me get one more in here before the break. I'm gonna go to Joe and Boston. Joe you next time, nights. I got ahead, my brother, Joe. Are you great? To see great? I was hoping it was you, but.
Speaker 7: I feel for you. I heard. I mean, callers have been thrown your ways into.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm welcome, I welcome you. But some of these, some of these folks, I don't know if if they're look, if they want to try to bother me, they just gonna get get bumped a little bit more quickly, that's all. Some people mistake a kindness for weakness. And I'm a kind person, but I'm not a weak person, so you know, let them know that forward. Anyway, did you watch me all today or no?
Speaker 7: Oh you watch a little bit of it? And I mean for the money that she is spending on it, I mean to get to fear. He had these talking line that was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, she had she she had some talking points and boy that those are expensive talking points.
Speaker 7: But she's beast when you can get her without any preparation. I mean, she's a harbor lady. Okay, she comes from Harvard in Chicago before that, so she should be prepared for any answers, like she was a voice of the sweet that she which he show up for the shooting. You seere with their face, and the first thing that he comes up is to apologize to the criminal who tried to assist inmate A couple of people or more, to apologize to them first. I mean she tried to make it up the next day, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I think I think that I think that that showed her real instinct. Do you know what I mean? Why the first words out of your mouth would be to somehow extend condolences. I almost thought she was going to say to the victim of the shooting, Uh, to the person who died, he's dead. First of all, he doesn't need condolences. You want to extend condolences, can extend it to his family, but the first concern should be the safety of the citizens and the good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, there is not. There is no second change for first impression. The first impression was what.
Speaker 1: Came out of her mouth.
Speaker 7: And another thing is that in this city.
Speaker 8: They claimed that the crime rate is so so low.
Speaker 7: However, there is a whole bunch of stuff that is on the reporter because I know people there are on the job and I hear about things that never make the news, then never make the news. But there's a lot of you reported.
Speaker 2: I mean, the stuff that's going on in in downtown Crossing is pretty ugly and that has spread over now it's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Yes, she tried to get props to her police commission her police commissioner. He has been a huge disappointment, huge disagree because.
Speaker 8: Her and he's not saying anything and they are on the reporting things. There is a whole bunch of things that we actually you and I have talked about, and that there was a I think about a year and a half two years ago, a fourteen year old that got killed the Agaso Square and we never hear anything nails after that. I mean, a fourteen year old, Come on.
Speaker 7: I know, what what about what about.
Speaker 2: The grandmother a few years the grandmother in Dorchester who was sitting on her front porch on a sac from board six o'clock that case has never been solved. Where's the district attorney on that case?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, yeah, exactly. That's we agree so much.
Speaker 2: We agree so much. I got you in before the break, but I'm now way past my break and I'm gonna get me in trouble with Rob the producer. So I gotta let you go. But you, I love you.
Speaker 7: I mean, let's work for it. Let's work for the city.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and please give my best to your wife and kids. Okay, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 7: All right, days, I thanks, all right, good night, my brother at you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Okay, here comes a break and we we will finish up. John, Matt and Joe stay right there. You're going to be in the year next back after this one night side. Now back to Dan ray Mine from the window World.
Speaker 3: Night Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, next up, we got Joe in Revere. Joe, appreciate you call getting a little light a little late, tight on time, Go right.
Speaker 10: Ahead, Joe, Hey, Dan, how you doing. I thought the President did a great job last night, by the way, but that's not why I'm calling. Sure talking about immigration a lot tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of Mayor wu and the appearance of the the mayors, the city mayors of Chicago, Denver, in Boston, and New York City.
Speaker 11: My question to you, Dan was, if an illegal alien commits murder, robbery, rape, and they get sent back to their country, do they actually get incarcerated.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends. It depends upon the country.
Speaker 10: And then come back to lock country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends upon the country.
Speaker 10: Number one and number two.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, it depends upon the country. And my position is the same as the US attorney who we had on last week here on Nightside, Leo, and that is that if someone is convicted for crime in America, let him serve their time here before we deport them. And if if they are somebody who is a real bad criminal, let's deport him, let's put them at Guantanamo and let him serve their time at Guantanamo.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So it depends on each case individually.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm just absolutely depends on each case and he's in each country. Joe, I got to keep rolling here. I know, I got I short at you on the time here, but it's late and I'm trying to get everybody in.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Dan, Joe, do me a favorite, call more often and call early. Was some good conversation. That was a great question.
Speaker 4: I love your show.
Speaker 2: But thank you very much, Bell. I appreciate it. Next up, Matt, Matt, you were next on nice.
Speaker 5: I go ahead, all right, Dan, just to jump right into it, you know from the show. WU I'll give her. You know, I'm not a supporter of her, but I'll give her the credit that she did get some you know, she was growed slightly and she was able to stand to the agenda in which she was going to go win with.
Speaker 2: She was well prepped, well prepped, That's what exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: But I do want to.
Speaker 5: Call out the weak points that made her look good, which is that you're going up against she's asking for good control, she's asking for other control. But Boston's at the lowest high the lowest gun rate crime in decades as of twenty twenty four. So when you go against that, and it's true questioning, but you have so many well prept you know, things going.
Speaker 1: In your favor. I think it's like you said.
Speaker 7: It's law enforcement.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of problems that they get into dress like you know, you know, mass ab you know down in that area.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that I know of crime in I know of crime in West Roxbury that I'm not allowed to talk about. But when you have crime happening in West Roxbury, that's a problem because West Roxbury is probably the best part of the city in terms of a stable tax base. And if all of a sudden, people in West Roxbury who now have lost the opportunity to send their kids to the schools, the exam schools, that's gonna cast that's gonna cost a problem as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, Well, I just want to just say that part.
Speaker 2: I think you got it in. You got it in, and you got I got time for John and Foxborough. Thanks Matt. All right, all right, talk soon next up John and Foxborough. John, they got about a minute for You've called late, So I don't mind chopping you in terms of time, but I got you in.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, John, No, or does I appreciate you?
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: So I was talking to a relative mind that's law enforcement. So I said they in regards to you know, this hearing coming up, and I'm like, must be a lot better that that Trump's to Now He's like, no, it's not. They don't honor the ice detainers at all. And something else that I didn't know. I figured they didn't anyway, But you know, all these mirrors are spinning around and saying that they do honor the ice detainers. They don't. And another thing too, is when they get feeled out when the build bondsman comes. You know, eight years ago you had to pay out of your own pocket. That doesn't happen anymore. We the taxpayers pay now, and it's actually double in the bonds. So I would say, well, what's the like. If there's a serious crime, tell me, you know, whatever it is, don't pay hold them. And Tom Holmer was right, he said no, he goes it's a disgrace because yeah.
Speaker 2: Well let's let's let's get the facts out Let's get the facts out there, figure out who's telling the truth. I think anybody who's here illegally and commits a serious crime should be deported immediately, because they've already committed a crime by coming in here illegally. John, you made some great points in a short period of time, but I gotta let you go call earlier and give you much more time.
Speaker 1: Thank you much, absolutely, thank you, Good night.
Speaker 2: Uh do everyone, Thank you for listening. My name's Dan Ray, Rob Brooks, thank you, Marita, thank you. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pal Charlie Raves, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see get tomorrow night on nightside, everyone and do me a favor. Jump on board right now to face look nice. I with Dan Ray, and I'll say hell out