Speaker 1: It's nice time.
Speaker 2: I'm going Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Dan Watkins, you broke my heart with that Red Sox score. I was so happy about the brewmin so happy about the Celtics and you had to add the Red Sorry about that, Dan, though, man, I mean you know, I mean just you know, if you admitted it, then some people might have gone to bed thinking we hit with three and oh tonight.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe, but hey, blame the weather.
Speaker 1: You're a journalist. You gotta do what you gotta do. It's as simple as that. I do understand.
Speaker 3: But it, oh man, it got me.
Speaker 1: It got me. Was Can you imagine playing baseball at Fenway Park tonight?
Speaker 3: I could not.
Speaker 4: Did you hear this stat According to Baseball Reference, the first pitch temperature of thirty five degrees the third coldest game in the history of Fenway Park?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think about it? That doesn't surprise me. I remember being in an opening night and you can look this one up if you don't believe me. The Red Sox played the Yankees as their home opener. I'm gonna I guess we're talking like maybe two thousand and seven. Or something like that. It was March twenty eighth. It was one of the first times they played in March. It was like seventy two degrees at the first pitch at a halve o'clock at night.
Speaker 5: You can't beat that.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh, it was like the middle of June. It was like the middle of June. But anyway, Yeah, tough night tonight for the Red Sox. The bats went to sleep. I can understand that. Can you imagine every time you hit one off the end of the bat that's gonna sting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my hands were hurt and just watching them.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks Dah, I appreciate it hanging there.
Speaker 1: All right, here we are at the eleven o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: We're not going to talk sports.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to throw in a couple of topics here. We give you an opportunity to comment on them, and then I am going to go to what happened on Wall Street today, which again was a devastating day. But there's two news stories. One is out of New Hampshire, UH, fullm Governor Christiano has decided, not emphasized, not run for the United States Senate. Actually, I had spoken with full MC governor Sonunu a few weeks ago and he had been back in contact with President Trump.
Speaker 3: And the article that I'm reading today.
Speaker 1: Out of the guess this is in the New York Times, essentially says that Trump had kind of said given him, you know, his blessing, and that you know they were okay. You know, Christino had been a very independent Republican, supporting Nicky Hailey, and then you know he supported Trump at the end. My suspicion is that Christian Unhu is going to appear peer materialize on one of the major networks as a commentator. He's just too good a and quick and witty, almost too good for the US Senate. If you get my drift, he will be compensated better, I suspect. So we'll see that how that works out. Okay, but maybe we'll try to get governors Sonu on with us, former governors, so Unu, the younger former governess on with us before the end of the week to have him explain. He's basically saying it was family considerations. Remember, he had decided not to run for the Senate a couple of years ago, and he said he could not see himself going to Washington as a backbencher. So if you want to comment on, what would have I think been in a pickup for the Republicans in New Hampshire because the Democrats have a retiring Democratic senator up there in Jean Shaheen. New Hampshire is one of three states including Michigan and Minnesota, where incumbent Democrats are resigning, which gives Republicans it's easy to beat, it's tougher. Let me put this wway, it's tougher to beat it an incumbent than it is to beat someone who's a non incumbent. So those could be potential pickups. So far, according to the New York Times, no Republican senators who are up for re election and competitive states have announced their retirements as yet for twenty twenty six, So this will be Scott Brown apparently is going to run up in New Hampshire for a second time, so we'll see how that works out. We certainly will cover that race for you and the other so you can comment of that if you'd like, whether you're from New Hampshire or not. And then the other story is that Boston City councilor Tanya Fernandez Anderson, one of the more progressive members of the City Council, has apparently pled guilty or will has agreed to plead guilty to federal in a federal corruption case against her. I think that I heard w v Z report tonight that as part of that guilt plea, she would agree to serve one year in a day in prison, and she's also agreed to resign her position on the Boston City Council. You know, there's some interesting city councilors right now. There's a couple of solid citizens in my opinion, on the Boston City Council, but the rest of it is, you know, the bunch Bolsheviks and uh, you know, you never wish wish ill on anyone, but city councilor Frinandez Anderson, you know, is not fighting this. She's resigning and also apparently accepting a plea deal.
Speaker 3: Which is probably a smart thing to do.
Speaker 1: And she must understand what the government case is and her lawyers, I'm sure she has good counsel. So if you want to comment on that, six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. And the issue that I think we'll talk about for the balance of the evening. Is the performance on Wall Street today? The markets opened this morning, the futures this morning said the market was going to the markets would rise, and they did rise. The Dow Jones was up fourteen hundred points around ten thirty this morning. There were similar, you know, three point four point percentage jumps with the Nasdaq and the S and P five hundred, and it looked as if this was a big recovery day on Wall Street. Well, apparently as the day went on there had been some hope that maybe there would be some agreements with other countries, and then there was a question whether or not the president would pause the imposition of the tariffs, and I think that I believe it was the Press secretary who the around two o'clock this afternoon said no, there's no way that these tariffs they're going to be imposed. And of course there is the the big reacting reaction tariff against China that goes into effect tonight, so that their tariffs get up to about one hundred and four percent. So the Dow, which was up fourteen hundred, ended down three hundred and twenty eight something like that. And now the futures for tomorrow suggest it's going to go down another four hundred or open another four hundred down. The S and P is expected to open at least one percent down and the Nasdaq one percent down. This this will be four days in a row.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: That the the the big you know three stock entices have gone down. So my question to you, and we had some really good calls last night. I hope that we can replicate that tonight six one, seven, two, five, four thirty six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. When does this end? Or to put another way, how far where's bottom? Where's bottom?
Speaker 3: Uh? Is bottom for the Dow thirty five thousand?
Speaker 1: Is it lower than thirty five thousand?
Speaker 3: Uh? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You holding on or did you call your broker and say sell as much as you can? Or have you hit the panic button? I hope you don't hit the panic button. I'm not a broker, I don't give the I'm not giving advice on air, but I'd love to hear what all of you think about this. And Donald Trump. A couple of days ago he had the Los Angeles Dodgers came by to the White House for a visit, which you know he liked. And then today he was doing something with coal, and he must have spoke for an hour, and I got to tell you it was very repetitive. It didn't inspire. You know, it's like, everything's fine, We're doing fine. This is fine, this is brilliant, this is fine. And you know it's like, really really, I love to hear. I mean, he's he's got so many balls in the air. He above all should understand what this does to the economy. So today, when you think about it, the Dow was up fourteen hundred and it ends down three hundred, So in effect it it had a seventeen hundred point swing today. And you can tell me, well, that's not a lot. Let me tell you something that's a big swing. It's a big fit in terms of numbers, and it's a big swing in terms of percentage. So do you still have confidence confidence in the president or or has he gone a little too far on this policy and he's dug himself a hole? And what do they say when you're digging yourself a hole? At some point you got to stop digging six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We're going to talk about it till till midnight. We got about forty minutes left. Feel free to join the conversation whatever your point of view.
Speaker 2: Nice side with.
Speaker 6: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, So, if you have actually either jumped back into the market and saw today as a buying opportunity, love to hear about that.
Speaker 3: If you have.
Speaker 1: Decided that it's time and you just don't have the stomach for it. Uh, And I don't know, I would love to know. I'm beginning to believe that the market is being manipulated a little bit, and I think that what worries me is that there might be people who are intentionally saying, Okay, I'm going to sell and I'm going to take a hit because it would be good for maybe the country, or good for the point of view that I believe in. I mean, the market should be separate from politics. The market should be a place where the value of the company determines the price of the company. It should You should not root against the stock market or against prosperity for everyone based upon your political allegiance. Now, I thought that today when Bill Ackman made his comments. This guy's a billionaire, and he was very supportive of Donald Trump during the election season. His voice matters, in my opinion, so than someone who doesn't like Trump. But there are people out there on shore who are looking at this purely from a political point of view, which is understandable, but I'm not sure that that's healthy. So I ask you to join the conversation. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Are you still convinced that tariffs are what we need? I don't think President Trump has the inclination or frankly, has the flexibility to back off at this point. There's no way that he can say, look, there was a big these big, beautiful tariffs, This beautiful word didn't work. He's got to stick with this. He doesn't have a choice. He does not have a choice. I would love to ask some of you what should he do? Okay, So those are the questions you have, the answers you got the self, you got the number six one seven, two thirty, six one, seven, nine thirty. Let me go to Paul in Dorchester, Paul Ugly Day on Wall Street. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: And I agree with your premise that we are being manipulated by the media. We are not hearing any good news about uh, the progress we're making against the hooties and and every other front that we're working on. Uh, are you here now? The market is based on greed and fear. Now evidence of that is, oh something's bad. Oh everybody runs out of the market, then oh something is good. Nine hundred point rush today. Okay, people, those companies did not suddenly change their books and and their income and their outgoing. Nothing changed with those companies in the amount of time except the misinformation that we're getting. And and that's all they They're playing on people's fear and greed and the media. Just do you remember how there was a bouch of kids that got together and they were manipulating stocks and they built some of these hedge fund people out of money just by just by uh, by putting fear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that you were well, I think that you were talking was that the Robin Hood uh market about a year or so ago, where this stock had no substance to it whatsoever.
Speaker 7: Uh, And and yet it went through the roof. And that was the idea of well, this is a hot stock. It's it's let's you know, let's let's jump on this. What does it make I don't care. It's going up, right.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no there's no underlying substance to the to the stock, and yet it's going up.
Speaker 6: And we we need to allow President Trump this is the art of the this. He has to put out a second edition of that book so people can read it. Apparently it was nineteen seventy eight or something was too long ago for people. Whatever, But this is a manipulation of two hundred and fifty years. We've been getting screwed. They've been stealing our lunch money, and we're coming home with black eyes, and you know, and suddenly Papa Bear saying, hey, you know you're gonna punch us in the eye. We're gonna punch you back after a while. Well, they've been digging this hole. All these politicians have been giving money away, giving money away, and it's our money, and it's this makes no sense. When you go into a store, you know, they if you had a cover charge at two hundred and fifty bucks, you know, are you gonna go in that store?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Maybe not, because you can go buy two hundred and fifty bucks or something somewhere else. And that's what's gonna happen. Necessity is the mother of invention. You know, before these people were having their game boards made overseas, these game boards were made over here. And suddenly they feel they realized that child labor and the exploitation of people in other countries could get their game boards the cheaper. And that's what's happening. It's it's worth paying a little bit more for something made in America by people that are working under humane conditions. And and it's and and and where is all their goodness of of of like they were putting all the Hollywood actors down for a while because who was having their stuff made in one country or another? And uh, and they realized what was happening in these sweatshops. And you got little kids, yeah, that are working so they can have cheap game boards and they can stay there.
Speaker 1: Someone the other night talked about, you know, they can't sign game boards, and I said, what do you mean by game boards? And they said, well, checker boards. You know, look, if we have to go a few years without a checkerboard, you can make a checkerboard. I mean, it's you get it. You can well, nobody can make them, but you can make them, Paul, if you and I want to play checkers.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can. You can.
Speaker 1: Literally, it'll take you maybe twenty minutes max.
Speaker 3: To make a checkerboard.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's as simple as that, you know, and you filler in some of the cases black, some of the cases some of the space is white.
Speaker 3: You know, you you know what, it's checkerboard. That's that's that. That is crazy if they're going to say that.
Speaker 1: What this is about, in my opinion, is getting manufacturing back to America now. Immediately, there were a lot of people who are cynical who were saying, well, how long is are going to take to build factories. I don't know how long it's going to take to build factories, but I assume it can. They can be built if a company really wants wants to build factories pretty quickly. And there's a lot of factories that have been abandoned, the buildings that they're just gonna get a quick been in.
Speaker 6: Look, as soon as they start building factories, they're going to be employing electricians and corperences and all kinds of people that build those new plants. They realize how much it's coming back to this country already. I mean we're talking I think the white House reporter girl there was saying, seventy countries contacted us to me, right.
Speaker 1: But the difference, here's the difference, Paul. Okay, you know I am substantially in agreement with you and a number of the points you made.
Speaker 3: But here's the difference.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump has always spoken in these grandiose terms, okay, And the same problem they have with the immigration at this point, they're pulling people off the street. Pull people off the street if you think they're a danger, But tell us why they're a danger. Don't just pull people off the street and put them on an airplane and fly them to Louisiana. That's crazy, Okay. They you gotta support actually what you do, because at some point in time, you know, guys like you who are with Donald Trump all the way are always gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But the average American in the middle, the one who decided that they would take him over Harris, they're saying, well, why are you you know, well, what did this woman, what did this Turkish woman do? She wrote an article for a college newspaper. Show us something, Show us something. And the same way here when they say we have we have fifty countries, seventy countries who have told us they want to make a deal. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about show me the company, show me the countries when the deals are made, and what are the implications of the deal. Paul, I hate to do this to you, man, because.
Speaker 6: It's gonna take some time. This is a hole they've done for the last two hundred years. Okay, it's gonna take time to fill that hole in. You know, you got to shovel it back in.
Speaker 1: Got that.
Speaker 3: I got you on that.
Speaker 1: All I'm just saying is that he is spending political capital that he had when he was inaugurated on January twentieth. He was flush with political capital. He has spent and spent and spent that political capital, and until we start to see some results, that political capital is going to keep going out of his pocket and at some point he's going to say, where's the rest of my political capital?
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Too bad we can't get any support from the demon rats at all.
Speaker 3: Well, you know.
Speaker 1: That doesn't that's not you know, name calling like that doesn't help. But anyway, Paul, look, I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Take negative negative negative. Why don't they spend a little bit of energy on at least you know, they told us he like.
Speaker 1: Paul, you don't have a heart attack, Paul, I don't want you to have a heart attack.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: They don't want to help us. Get out of the way, all right.
Speaker 1: Paul, do me a favor. Sit back and relax. Okay, everything's gonna be okay, We're gonna be okay. But I appre I love your passion, and I thank you for the call. But I got to let you go because they got the news coming at me. Okay, Thanks, Paul, appreciate your call. Thanks, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Six one seven, two five four ten thirty six one seven ninety. I want to hear from you on this. I you know, let's be intelligent here and what what has to happen to turn this around? I mean, where does you know?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: I think that there is some you know, Paul used a kind of a tough term. I think that some Democrats are sitting back and saying, we told you so here you are, here you are. I think you got to start seeing some results. And I think that the White House there's even some into mural warfare.
Speaker 3: Going on.
Speaker 1: I guess one of the networks tonight reported that uh, musk uh, you know President Trump's you know, most important ally called Peter Davarro, President's trade advisor, a nasty word and that begins with M, which you're not supposed to use in polite company, but questioned his intelligence. Let's put it like that. If I'm a Democrat, I'm looking at that and I'm loving that. I'm saying, hey, you know, in the inner circle, Uh, they're going to turn it into a firing squad. Six one seven two thirty six one seven thirty. Come on, people, let's go. Let's get it go. We're going to talk till midnight. Join the conversation. Back on night Side. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio. All right, back, we go to the phones. It's interesting. Everybody's kind of quiet tonight, and I wonder why, Okay, I got wide open lines six four thirty six one seven. I hate to say that, but if you've lost faith in your president, feel free to join the conversation. If you still have faith in him, feel free. But it looks as if we're going to have the fifth day of a stock market meltdown tomorrow thanks to the to the tariffs. Now, if you I like Paul from Dorchester and you're gonna hang tough, don't be quiet.
Speaker 3: Here comes Bill in Pennsylvania. Hate Bill. How are you welcome?
Speaker 8: Good Dan?
Speaker 4: How are you doing well?
Speaker 1: I'm doing better than the stock market, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Hey, I bail. I bailed in the stock market in two thousand and eight after losing my butt. But listen, I think, uh, I think that people are discounting all the political uh capital that this president has got by uh shutting this border down. I think the border. I think the border was a bigger, a bigger thing that than people think.
Speaker 2: I don't see.
Speaker 4: Anybody running around here with their hair on fire about the stock market because I think everybody knows in the back of their heads, Dan, that that Trump is controlling everything. And when he says the time is up okay, and we're gonna put things back together, then then he'll do it. And I think the whole the whole process is to break the back of the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that, but but here's the deal, Okay, you had the Chinese today this reports, by the way, which I haven't even mentioned that over in Ukraine. Ukraine has captured some Chinese soldiers, not North Korean soldiers, Chinese soldiers. So if, if, if, if, the Chinese government has allowed some of the military members to go fight alongside Russians in China. That's an interesting development, if you know what I'm saying. And this is like a whole big world, and I'm looking. There was an article in the Globe today which I thought was really interesting that the number of factories that have been built in China in the last few years are outstripping the number of factories that are being built built in the United States. I mean, we may have to take some tough medicine here, I am. I would be more impressed if President Trump as opposed to giving me you know, we're about to enter the Golden age speech. I've heard that speech. That doesn't do it for me. Tell me the truth. I can handle the truth. Tell me how bad it's going to be, okay, and tell me what's what the benefit of that is. I don't think he's articulated that yet, was it?
Speaker 4: The American public had had all this patience for all these endless wars. Okay, ten years here, fifteen years there, twenty years here, and now, Okay, what a lot of people understand that this is gonna take. I heard, I heard steel workers, I heard still people on here, auto workers on talking about how these tariffs are gonna work if we just are patient. And this is the this used to be the backbone of the Democratic Party telling us that.
Speaker 1: Dan, you know that I understand that, and I think that that is the bottom line is. I think you need to level with the American people. It's like if you go to your doctor, okay, and if your doctor says to you, oh, you're gonna be fine. You're going to be fine. You know, you're gotta kind of stay in bed for a couple of days and take an as forn or two, and you know, two or three days from now, you be fine. Two or three days from now, you're worse.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You feel like you feel worse than you did two days ago. And you go back and the doctor says, oh, yeah, one more day, one more day, and you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Here's some some meds.
Speaker 1: Take take these, take this prescription or whatever, and nothing happens.
Speaker 3: You know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: You're gonna you're gonna change your doctor.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, But I think you know I'm out here, and I'm out here in the uh in the uh well we used to call the boon docks, yeah.
Speaker 1: And we probably still do call it the boonies.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: In the countryside of Pennsylvania. And honestly, I'll tell you people out here trust Trump, okay, because okay, alls we heard for four years was I can't do this, I can't do that. I can't Every time we turn the TV on, we see these caravans and they're telling us that the that the borders closed.
Speaker 3: No, no, I.
Speaker 1: Totally look Bill, Bill, you've listened to me for a long time. Okay, I think you know that I agree with you on that. Okay, But what I'm saying is when and I don't mean to interrupt you, and I apologize, but when he started talking about we're entering the Golden Age of America, this is the age and all of that, and uses that flamboyant language, and then you see the stock market drop, you know, ten percent in like four days. Yeah, there's a lot of people who are impacted by that. Maybe you aren't. By the way, when you get out of the stock market in two thousand and eight, if you had stated the stock market bill, yeah, you would have more than made back what you might have lost temporarily in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: You know that, right, You're right. But I don't have the nerves for that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: No, and there's a lot of other Americans who don't have the nerve. That's the point I'm trying to make. You made my point for me. All I'm just saying is that that he should be small enough, his team should be small enough to say, hey, we got to do something here.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, well, let me let me just make a couple more points thence Okay, Okay, he's got some significant wins here with the Supreme Court. Okay. That's one thing, all right. The other thing is I got a neighbor that just drives it drives me nuts, all right. He's he's a big lib and his wife's a big lib. She's even worse than he is, all right, because they're always this and that about Trump. But okay, they come over here and they say to me like this. They'll say, they'll say, look at Europe. Look at the people in Europe get to go to school. From from kindergarten right on through a PhD. And they don't have to pay for a thing. And I look at him, I say, in my in my mind, I'm thinking, what's wrong with these two?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Don't they realize that in Europe? Okay, they can have all that free stuff because we're we're taking care of all the defense for them. Ever since World War Two, we completely rebuilt Germany, we completely rebuilt we all.
Speaker 1: We agree with you on that absolutely, But but do you think, let me ask you this, do you think that that they're going to turn around and at some point have like a moment of clarity and they're going to say, you know, maybe Trump's right, that voter is gone, that voter's gone, that voter's never coming back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And the people like you and Paul from Dorchester who are with him, God love you.
Speaker 3: You're staying with him.
Speaker 1: But he's going to lose the middle so quickly if he doesn't come. And you talk about he said great court, uh wins. Let me tell you it's it's a battle in these courts. Okay, it is a battle in these courts.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he's done some he's.
Speaker 1: Had some successes, but people vote with their pocketbook, and if he doesn't have people around him tonight who was saying, mister president, this is a big problem that got bigger today and deeper today, and it got to it has to be addressed. I mean, he's got it, you know, that's it, because once you lose them, they never come back. They never come back. I agree with Dan, Bill, Bill, I'm up on my break. I love your calls. I love your loyalty, just like you know, Paul, And I'm telling you something that you don't want to hear. And I do appreciate your being Willem Grison to that.
Speaker 4: And America is gonna give this guy at least four or five months that's always gonna need and this will be right back on top.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what when that happens tonight, it's April, Tonight, May, June, July, August, September. When you call me, well, you'll call me back many times between now and then. I hope it in September fifteenth. If that's true, I want you to call back and say, Dan, I told you four or five months ago.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Dan, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 1: We'll talk later, all right, let's keep rolling here six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three thirty. I got to say to Paul and to Bill, you guys had the guts to call and take this on tonight, Uh and use it.
Speaker 3: Theres some credit for that. Uh.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people out there sitting tonight and they're scared. They're not calling the show. We'll be back on Nightside after this. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio. Back to the phones we go. Let me go to Gary and Ruber and Gary next on night Sagara.
Speaker 3: Gary, you're up.
Speaker 2: Too deep for me, too deep on Wall Street. Stuff like that. The last call hit the head on the nail. Give it some time. But if obviously it doesn't work out. His advisor to say, President, we got to do a switch share. He says, you're right, okay, blank blank. But one thing I want to say, because you got too many calls, what would we rather have running this country? Trump? Obiden, we only know Trump. But my question is to you, Dan, why is everybody out there protesting against Trump? Right now? I know about the education cutoffs and all that, right, but my question is, were it with everybody when the country is fallowing apart, especially with Femur Carolina and California and so far that money was the play that with no money's are why was everybody? Why was the healthier protesting?
Speaker 3: Because because because.
Speaker 1: Look the people who were protesting, the people fifty percent of this country voted for Harris for president. It wasn't quite fifty. It was like forty nine something, and Trump got about fifty points something. It's we're an equally divided country. And the Democrats were flat on their back and Donald Trump, with this tariff situation, has allowed the Democrats to rise from the ashes. Man, that's all I'm saying. That's all.
Speaker 2: So that's the answer. It doesn't make any sense, right.
Speaker 1: Well it well it makes sense to them. It's like it's like a It's it's like a football game. You know, you you're ahead of twenty one and nothing at halftime, and you go out and you kick off and they run it back for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Now it's twenty one to seven.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then you get the ball in your half back fumbles and they run it in and in about two mins and it's it's twenty one fourteen, and all of a sudden the whole momentum swings and switches, and now you know, you're back on your heels.
Speaker 3: He's on his heels right now. He's talking about the Golden age. Is the golden age?
Speaker 1: When you see the stock market dump ten percent billion, you know, trillions of dollars in value, I don't, I mean, it's crazy. I mean, did he You know, it's one thing to say that to the American people. Look, you know, there's gonna be a little you know, it's gonna get a little bumpy or something like that. A little bumpy, Yeah, you lose you know, one percent percent. It's like it's like saying to some people, yeah, we may have a little bit of a bumpy ride and the plane ends up crashing. That's you know, it's just you know, expectations. It's like, you know, be honest with the American people. Talk to the American people. Don't just sit there and go on and on and on and it's wonderful and beautiful. It's the Golden Age. People don't get sick of that rhetoric real quickly. And I'm not talking about the people on the far left who don't like him. People in the middle are going to say you know what, I've had enough of this guy.
Speaker 3: He's a gasbag.
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree you should be saying it's gonna be a rough ride the way it's going to go in the next few months to the American people. I absolutely agree. I don't know why he's being yourself flamboyant about it, but I can tell by advice you would rather have him than Biden. I thank you for your time, though.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. You read my voice correctly. Thanks Gary. Okay, all right, gonna go real quickly here. Now this is gonna be kind of speak as all of a sudden the phone lines filled up. Don in Belmont, Don, next on, Nice, I go it.
Speaker 8: Ahead, O Dann, Hi, thanks thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I want to We're all a little late here, so I'm going to try to give everybody just a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: Whatever's on your mind.
Speaker 8: Go okay. I want you to correct me and tell and tell me if I'm wrong here. The time is when the shipper lands at the dark YEP federal agent takes the money for the tariff for the value of the goods. The people selling the goods want their money back, so when the item is in the store, the prices are raised to get their money back. Correct, absolutely, Where is the profit made?
Speaker 1: Where is the profit made? Well, the profit is made by the government that collects the tariff from the person that receives the goods, and then the money stays with the with the government. That's in effect attacks that goes into into the federal treasury.
Speaker 3: Uh. And it may do that.
Speaker 1: It may bring the federal federal debt down, which is a good thing, but then that cost is going to be passed on. So when you buy a new car, instead of costing you fifty thousand dollars to thirty thousand dollars, it's going to cost you five thousand and six thousand dollars more. That's that's the money and that's going you know, out of your pocket, you know, through through through the the the car company that you buy the car from, into the federal treasury.
Speaker 8: Fair enough, It's just I understand that. I understand the concept. You know, the money's paid to the for the treasury.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the.
Speaker 8: Guy is stoling the goods, say the car or the TV sets that come in from China. Oh, I had to pay a tariff, so target and the work wherever.
Speaker 1: He passes that, he passes that on to you and me.
Speaker 8: Right, so we're paying that out. Yes, where is where is the economic gain on both? The government gets their tariff, that's it, their money in the treasury. We're out money the consumer.
Speaker 3: That's it. Correct, that's it. Wow, all right, don I gotta keep rolling here.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks man, I gotta keep rolling all right, man, thank you much, thank you much. Quickly Jeff and Whitman. Jeff next on night Saga right ahead.
Speaker 5: So few quick things. One analyst was saying, with the stock market, what we're seeing is the really big rollers buying and selling because of all the changes in the news. And you could see that today when China made their thing, there was a big sell off.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So you have all the hedge front guys, you have all the big billionaires selling the money. They said. The majority of the average guys only make up probably about ten to maybe fifteen percent of the market. So that, I mean it still hurts us little guys.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Thing is the big thing with people yep. Now, the big thing that I don't think a lot of people talk about is almost half the country does not work. When we were in COVID, it was the first time we went over fifty percent of people were either on services.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: But you're absolutely Jeff, You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 3: But a lot of those people don't work.
Speaker 1: They still have money that they have to spend, whether it's so security or whatever. You know, you could say half the country doesn't work. However, there's a lot of people who have retired, who have worked their years and now they're in retirement and and the money that they're gonna they're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: What I'm but what I'm getting at, Yeah, what I'm getting at is that's why there's people leaning towards hands off protesting, never mind the people that got paid to be at hands off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well again, I'm not worried about the protesters. The protesters aren't gonna are never gonna like Trump. Okay, we know that. I'm What I'm saying is that that he's spending political capital at a rate that it's that's unsustainable. Jeff, Let me keep rolling here. I want to get one more reason.
Speaker 2: Yep, let me give it.
Speaker 1: Please call early and give you more time. Okay, thank you much. Last call of the night, Tim in North Carolina. Tim, I got maybe thirty seconds for you. I got you in late go ahead.
Speaker 6: Tim Okay.
Speaker 9: So I made forty thousand last year example boom. Now I make a one hundred thousand because I got some tip Jerry Job and the government under Bible right, and now I'm getting laid off by Elon Musk sixty thousand increase that I made, I invested. Guess what now I'm.
Speaker 4: Having to dump it.
Speaker 9: Therefore, they've played the economy, and they've played this dog market, and they've played at the unemployment rate because Jeburary jobs boom.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 4: Ever, there's your, there's your.
Speaker 1: Don't don't sell, don't don't panic, don't sell. Okay, don't it'll come back. It'll come back, believe me.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's be repeat itself.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, History does repeat it So thanks. Thanks to the callers who are on the line.
Speaker 3: Should have called earlier. Done for the night.
Speaker 1: Everybody, apologize, appreciate to take you the time to call, but we're out of time. I want to thank Rob, want to thank Marita, want to thank everyone who called, whether he got on or off. Want to thank everyone who listened. I'll be on Facebook. Nice that with Dan Ray in a minute or so. All dog doll cats off, pets go to heaven. That's Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are passed. They loved you, You love them. You'll see them again, see tomorrow, see you again tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: On nights.
Speaker 1: I'd have a great Wednesday. Everybody see on Facebook in a couple of minutes