Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Justin Timberlake suffers mortifying wardrobe malfunction at Nashville concert.
Speaker 2: He was wearing a rigging to get hoisted up into the air, which can cause accentuation of areas that don't need to be accentuated.
Speaker 3: It's like a dance belt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: The doll Jones industrial average back into positive territory today after nine straight days of negative finishes, which means that's the first time in forty six years that they went nine days and went negative every days. It's dropped significantly in the last few minutes because the Feds did cut rates by a quarter point. So as of right now, it's barely hanging on to positive territory. It's only up twenty nine points right now.
Speaker 1: News this morning at the House excuse me, House Ethics Committees, he gretly voted to release Matt Gates's ethics report. John Decker joins us now from the White House Press Corps about all of the latest and so they voted on this, John long time ago.
Speaker 3: We're just hearing about it now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. This was a secret vote. It was taken a few weeks ago. We're now just hearing about the fact that before this Congress breaks for their recess, before they break for the Christmas holiday, they will release this report about Matt Gates. This ethics report is based upon over a year's investigation into Mat Gates. Various allegations regarding illicit drug use, regarding sexual abuse, regarding campaign finance violations, all of that will come out. We don't know specifically what's contained in this ethics report, but Matt Gates obviously fears for what's contained in it because he put out a pretty nasty message on social media within the past few hours.
Speaker 2: The Justice Department did its own investigation into these allegations, and they came back without any federal charges. What's the difference between what the Justice Department is capable of doing and what congressional investigators are capable of doing.
Speaker 5: Well, keep in mind that a member of Congress has to abide by House rules. If they're a member of the Senate, they need to abide by Senate rules. On Matt Gates may have violated House rules if he indeed was accused of any of these violations by various witnesses who testified behind closed doors before the House Ethics Committee. This is a bipartisan committee, and in fact, the reason that this report is being made public is because two House Republicans essentially reverse course, decided, you know what, we want to release this House Ethics report regarding Matt Gates. And they reversed the position that they held just a few weeks ago when there was a vote along party lines not to release this ethics report.
Speaker 1: It seemed like people did not want this getting out because it is not a Congress full of people who live who walk the line. Shall we say that everyone's got their own issues in the closet and that if all of the dirty laundry is aired about Matt Gates, well who's to say it won't be aired about the next guy.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what the Ethics Committee is for. So if there's an ethical violation on the part of a member of Congress and ethics investigation could potentially be started and commenced against that individual. You're right, people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. That's something that we all try to live our lives by. The House is a different story entirely, and Matt Gates did not make many friends in the House of Representatives. He of course brought down a former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, and there's still bad blood that exists in the House of Representatives for that action that he took over one year ago.
Speaker 6: What's the future for Matt Gates outside of the TV show that I think he's going to be doing.
Speaker 3: Does he sit on some sort of cardboard?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I don't think of board. I think that he has signed up to join a very prominent lobbying firm here in Washington, d C. So not only will be he hosting a program on the One American News network, he will also be pulling in a revenue stream associated with that lobbying firm. And you know, look, he still has very good connections in the House of Representative and that's something that he can take advantage of. But as far as a political career is concerned, I think it's very unlikely. Certainly in the near term, anybody can repair their reputation, and everybody in America generally gets a second chance, and certainly Matt Gates may get that second chance. But right now, a political future is not in the offing for Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: And then quickly, I know that you had a chance to ask President Biden about the drone situation in the Northeast.
Speaker 7: What was his response, Well, it was the first response that President Biden has given regarding these drone sightings in New Jersey, other states in the Northeast.
Speaker 5: First time he's responded to a question. I asked him a question last evening as he was leaving the White House to board Marine one and bottom line headline here he says, nothing the farious here, there's nothing that should concern Americans in regards to national security or anything of that sort. And you know, he's sort of repeating the line that's been given by a lot of other US government officials over the course of the past week, since those dr own sightings really increased in late November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly feels like hysteria at this point, but I guess we'll just wait and see.
Speaker 3: John, Thank you so much for joining us. Appreciate your time.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: iHeart reporter there in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: The Federal Reserve is lowering rates for a third time this year. It is cutting interest rates by a quarter of a percentage point. This brings the FEDS benchmarks short term rate to a range of four and a quarter percent to four and a half percent. They say they anticipate this not being the case next year, that we will not see that there will be fewer reductions next year.
Speaker 2: The all important speech by Jerome Palace. What comes next when he gets into details about the meeting? Ooh sexy, woof, it's almost my god, Janet Yellen style.
Speaker 4: Just put a fan on me and.
Speaker 3: U fan on.
Speaker 4: Congressional leaders.
Speaker 2: Also, yesterday I talked about this bipartisan deal to punt the government shutdown deadline into March. Because we go from hot Jerome Powell talk to hot Continuing Resolution talk.
Speaker 4: Republicans still fighting about all of this.
Speaker 2: But this bill, called the Continuing Resolution, extends federal funding until March fourteenth, includes one hundred and ten plus billion for disaster relief as a couple of local priorities. Clears the way for the DC the District of Columbia to take over some land so it can negotiate with the Washington commanders for a possible NFL stadium. Also commit to the federal government to pay the full cost to rebuild the Francis Scott key Bridge there in Baltimore. After that, after the cargo ship ran into it and just destroyed that thing.
Speaker 1: Would you like your Jeopardy question bodies of water for a thousand? The Ganja and the Ganges and the brouh map brah Maputra b Maputra flow into this large bay.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Sorry here read it there. We'll just think about where the Ganjisromtra.
Speaker 3: Sure? Does that help it all?
Speaker 4: The Indian Ocean? I don't know they have Bengal?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Wow, technically that is impressive.
Speaker 4: I love it when you're faced with that.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: What did I do with that story?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Cody Bellinger to the Yankees, right, somebody no one's ever heard of in some cash considerations. So I mean they lost one Soto, so they do need a good outfielder and he can do that. You can play first base if he needs to as well, So good good for the Yankees. Why would I say something?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's the Jesus season and you're being charitable.
Speaker 4: I am being charitable.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, about Jesus we're going to talk about Jesus models being needed.
Speaker 4: You Tom, you mentioned your brother.
Speaker 3: I mentioned my.
Speaker 1: Brother was Jesus in the Christmas play Spit and Image because he was a teenager and he'd gone through the gross spurt and he was really thin and he could see his ribs and everything. It's perfect. Jesus on the cross guy. And my mom texted me and said that was Easter Service where Andy was carrying the cross.
Speaker 3: Jesus was a baby at Christmas.
Speaker 5: L O L. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She makes a very good point.
Speaker 4: Why would Jesus be.
Speaker 3: On the cross at Christmas?
Speaker 4: Right? That would be confusing the holidays.
Speaker 2: But I mean I could see the I could see the usefulness of an adult Jesus at Christmas sure to help, you know, describe the story.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean where he started in the manger, where he ended up.
Speaker 4: Up where he is now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, So yeah, but that's kind of not what Christmas is about. It's celebrating the birth of Christ. You don't want to deal with the cross and the whole bit on Christmas.
Speaker 9: Not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't end well, I mean it ends well eventually, yes, it ends well. It's a hard good Friday was not great, No, we'll say that. And why is it called that because it ports that's right, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, because he died for our sins on Good Friday.
Speaker 9: It was good for us.
Speaker 4: It was good for us.
Speaker 3: It was good for us.
Speaker 4: An excellent point. Probably uncomfortable for him.
Speaker 1: Also, I mentioned maybe you becoming an elk, and you said that it's it's not done at this point in your life.
Speaker 3: Petros is an elk.
Speaker 4: That makes yes. Now that makes also perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, doesn't it. He's probably like the Lord of the elks, the Lord. I could see him being like the guy.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of college football games today.
Speaker 4: The bowl games continue.
Speaker 2: The last night was the Scooter's Caffie Frisco Bowl. Tonight is the book of ratone Bowl between Rostern Kentucky and James Madison and then the Art of Sport LA Bowl at so far between cal and UNLV.
Speaker 3: Why is UNLV involved with our bowl? Our California Bowl?
Speaker 4: I don't know who they choose for those bowls.
Speaker 2: Obviously they take up they pick a team from California. But speaking of sports and politics, former NFL running back herschel Walker has been selected by President elect Trump to serve as the ambassador.
Speaker 4: To the Bahamas. Tough job.
Speaker 2: Sixty two year old Herschel Walker, former US Senate candidate from Georgia, if you remember, he lost to Rafael Warnock a couple of years ago, despite Trump's endorsement there.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is all up in Canada all over again. Early today, he suggested turning Canada into part of the US called a great idea, he said on his Truth social platform. No one can answer why we subsidize Canada to the tune of over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: A year one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Use me a million, one hundred million dollars a year, he wrote, makes no sense. Many Canadians want Canada to become the fifty first state. They would save massively on taxes and military protection. I think it's a great idea, fifty first state. Exclamation, exclamation, exclamation.
Speaker 4: Is this one of those things where he's trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: He's been talking about Canada all week. On Monday he talked about the finance minister resigning.
Speaker 2: Well, and Justin Trudeau is very likely seeing the waning days of his premiership.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons is because Trump has been threatening to impose that twenty five percent tariff on Canadian goods.
Speaker 2: And he and the Financial Minister completely disagreed on what to do about it. Right, she wanted to, She wants to, you know, double double finger it down right there at the double finger it. Yeah, I mean double flipoff, double burns.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 4: The Supreme Court is in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: And today they've agreed to hear arguments that a law that would effectively ban TikTok if its parent company doesn't sell the social media app would violate the free speech protections in the Constitution. So the Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments in this case for January tenth, that is, just nine days before the law is supposed to take effect. Congress passed the Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act the FACA due to concerns that TikTok's Chinese ownership was presenting a national security risk.
Speaker 4: So the Court of.
Speaker 2: Appeals for DC upheld the law on December sixth. That said the DOJ had offered persuasive evidence demonstrating the divestment is narrowly tailored to protect national security, and the Supreme Court said today it's going to hear challenges to the law filed jointly by TikTok and by byte Dance, as well as.
Speaker 4: A group of users of TikTok.
Speaker 2: Now, when this came down, remember we talked to a business owner who said that if it wasn't for TikTok, she would not have a business right because of the incredible advertising platform.
Speaker 3: You've got a pivot, don't you. You've got a pivot?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean you pivoted to get on to TikTok.
Speaker 4: Right, you're creative enough to do that.
Speaker 2: You could probably sure hopefully, I mean option right.
Speaker 1: New polling shows Republicans hold an overwhelmingly positive view of RFK Junior, most approve of Trump's decision to put Kennedy in the incoming administration. Recent pulling from the AP also shows that Americans overall are less positive about Kennedy. There is not broad support for some of his stands, which include closer scrutiny of vaccine recommendations, additives and foods and pharmaceutical drugs.
Speaker 2: Where what's the source for that? Because I found something interesting that you just said.
Speaker 1: The AP Nork Center for Public Affairs Research and AP vote casts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Because usually when he's written up. He's written up as an anti vaccine crusider or an anti vaccine conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 1: He's also a Trump pick, so that comes with its own bias.
Speaker 2: But they said specifically there The line was that he wants closer scrutiny for vaccines. Yeah, not that he's an anti vaccine conspiracy theorist. He wants closer scrutiny for vaccine, which is which is a delineation that a lot of news agencies don't make about it.
Speaker 1: How much of the hate is about that and how much of it is don't touch my food and don't touch my pharmaceutical drugs.
Speaker 3: Well, he's those.
Speaker 1: Are very touchy subjects in this country.
Speaker 3: We are addicted to pills and bad food.
Speaker 2: One of the questions is when you talk about chronic disease in Americans specifically, would you rather talk about lowering the cost of drugs to deal with it or asking people to change their lifestyles to deal with it. There's a and I mean to your point, people don't want to change their lifestyles. People don't want to They don't want to be the weird person at the table who won't eat farm raised or you know, corporate farm raised foods or whatever however you want to put it, whatever term, but he sounds like he's the guy who wants to put a little bit of that, at least plant the seed in your head that you're going to take some responsibility for your own health.
Speaker 4: Speaking of healthy, Speaking of healthy.
Speaker 1: Justin Worsham, host of The Bad Dad, The Bad Part Dad Part Bad Dad Pod, Well, isn't the song you play for him called bad Daddy?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, I think that's what was in my mind.
Speaker 1: It's a bad bad daddy, Justin Warsham, when we that's a dad that takes the kids to the bar and then except the woman's pregnant again at the end of the.
Speaker 4: At the end of the song, we never get there.
Speaker 3: We don't, we don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to impose another kid on him if he doesn't want one.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: Completely manufactured bord angry boredom. That's what I would qualify that as what happened? Did I interrupt everything? Sorry? Oh man, I'm focused on here cube.
Speaker 2: I present Gary and Shannon kf I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app you can't.
Speaker 3: Throw the squirrel. That is just in an be able to focus.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. Fed's cut the interest rates another quarter point.
Speaker 9: Do you live?
Speaker 2: Do you do you follow that? I mean, is that enough for you? I mean in the real estate side job, because.
Speaker 6: Like all the fluctuations that happens in the FED rate, the mortgage rates are supposedly pre baked in. They're projecting that interest rates over the next year for houses are going to be somewhere around the mid to low fives. Some people are hoping for sub five. I don't think we're going to see.
Speaker 2: That again, you're I mean, how do you get back to below three exactly?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's just that was fair again time.
Speaker 6: The thing that is still scaring me about real estate right now is it's what is it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna blank on this.
Speaker 6: I think it's up at least sixty two percent of people in America that own their home have an interest rate that is below four percent.
Speaker 4: There's no there're no one's going to move.
Speaker 6: There's no one that's gonna they When I got into real estate after leaving the Bill, it's a funny.
Speaker 3: It's a little on him.
Speaker 4: They didn't keep you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: That's a catch. No.
Speaker 6: Is that the average time people were spending their house was seven to twelve years, that's now twenty to thirty. Yeah, there's just no And there's a new term accidental landlord, where people like their mortgage payment in southern California is so cheap that they're like, I might as well rent out my house even though I'm moving to Texas or Tennessee or wherever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know people have done that exact same thing. Justin Warsham joins us. He is the host of the Dad podcast.
Speaker 6: We talk about dad stuff, Bad Dad Podcast Dad. I wonder if if it would have had a bigger following if it was just bad Yeah, yeah, right, you know what, Garry's right, we're bringing it back.
Speaker 9: It's bad.
Speaker 4: They might want to check it. There may there may already be already.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 6: Bob Thornton has a podcast on I Heart right now.
Speaker 9: It's like, I'm not bad dad, I'm bad dad too. I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: All well, you have kids, Yes, there is a bad dad podcast. There's even a bad Dad's podcast.
Speaker 4: Is there a bad Daddy podcast?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Google, I get the window.
Speaker 3: I see that's the bridge too far.
Speaker 2: Really, if you had consulted, if you have the wherewithal and the personal conviction, the personal patience, you could set aside, I don't know, fifty bucks a month, yeah, one hundred bucks a month, yep, and make that your Christmas.
Speaker 4: Fund, and then it would not be enough when you go into Christmas.
Speaker 2: At least you have a leg up, you have a starting point, yes, but a lot of people blow it out of the park, or they rely.
Speaker 1: On their Christmas bonus, like Clark Griswold did there.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: You can't cut count your chickens before they're hatched, right, that's true.
Speaker 6: That's also true all I've learned. So I did some research into what people spend on Christmas on their kids, and.
Speaker 9: What I found out was kind of alarming.
Speaker 6: That there are thirty eight percent of parents of minor children so under the age of eighteen plan to buy this gifts year and say they will probably go into debt more than usual.
Speaker 3: That's a problematic.
Speaker 6: Thirteen percent are planning to dip into emergency savings to buy Christmas presents.
Speaker 9: And that's where I looked at it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, how much are people spending, and I couldn't find it for this data, and I couldn't find it specific to kids. But what I did find out, per capita in the US during the eighties, it was an average four to eight hundred dollars a year annual spend. So in nineteen eighty started around four hundred dollars and it eaked its way up to eighteen hundred. In twenty fifteen, per capita in the US, people spent one nine hundred and sixty five dollars on presence. Wow, and I'm my budget for my kids is work lower than that. Like in this year it got eaked up because they're both teenagers and well there's a concert ticket things that are thrown into their NetWorld.
Speaker 2: Now, we also not everybody is in this position, but we also live in a time when if you want something, you can go buy it, or even better, it can be delivered to your house in two hours.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the kind of place that we live in.
Speaker 2: So when you get to a place where Christmas comes around, it's it's much less a.
Speaker 4: Well I really been.
Speaker 2: I really been hoping to get an extra pair of socks this year because I can't get them or whatever. You know, the necessities that become nice gifts like that.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't have to wait for Christmas to get those things. If you're a kid, obviously you're gonna you're not gonna go out and buy your own toys.
Speaker 1: Very often, I still feel like the kids the like, like, how many kids concerts did your parents take you to?
Speaker 3: Of your choice?
Speaker 9: Zero?
Speaker 3: Zero concerts?
Speaker 9: Zero choice.
Speaker 1: One of my girlfriends zero, she's got two kids, and she took her daughter to Taylor Swift and she's like, now I owe my son a concert.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you owe your son a concert? What are you talking to?
Speaker 6: I know people have taken multiple kids, but they take it's just different now on different vacations, like this one wants to go to this one wants to go to Miami, and this one wants to yes, yes, And it's one thing too, like I've I've never done that separately. We've gotten like day trips or something like that where it's the two of us, you know, me and my daughter, me and my son.
Speaker 4: But I've never done a like.
Speaker 2: A full week vacation now without the rest of the family of what the kid was, well, yeah, and then they get to decide where we go.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 4: It's not insane. I wouldn't say that, but it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's insane.
Speaker 4: It's the bar so high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's insane compared to what was the norm when we grew up, right, Yeah, it's completely different.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was like, fine, we'll take you to Disneyland.
Speaker 6: Like that was the extent of the input on you got to go to Disneyland when I was five one time.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: I do remember that I went to Disneyland when I was four or five or something like that. We still have great old pictures. It's I mean, they're fun to look at. I didn't go back to Disneyland until after I had graduated high school and I live in California. I lived in I mean, I do live at the time. I was in California the entire time. It was just not something we did.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I went when I was five with Grant, my aunt and my grandma and my brother, I believe, and then I didn't go back again until I was sixteen and I got arrested.
Speaker 6: And then after that you were four. He got time to cover that in the next break, Right, I want to hear that story more than anything. I don't think so that story, maybe you're gonna start telling it. I'm going to it's gonna ring a bell. I do want to say like this, So I spend probably two to three hundred dollars average per kid on Christmas, which means that I'm a neglectful, abusive parents.
Speaker 4: Based on the recent someone's going to report you.
Speaker 3: They should be taking.
Speaker 9: My children away.
Speaker 6: And I'm a gast because this year, one of my kids, which probably is the gift I'm the most proud of, one of my kids, asked for Tesla stock. He just wanted one share of Tesla stock. But it's four hundred and thirty bucks.
Speaker 9: That wasn't the time I checked.
Speaker 4: I'm like, tell them to buy it himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your job.
Speaker 6: Get a job, dude, and that's how you can make your money. But we did say, if you're listening and you know my kids, please don't spoil us. But we did get them Kendrick Lamar tickets as a as a surprise were up in the nosebleed section.
Speaker 9: I'm not that kind of guy, but.
Speaker 6: We're going to take them to go see it because it was something both of them wanted and we thought it would be a fun thing that all of us could do. Cool, go get contact high together. Right, this kid's is the smell of marijuana.
Speaker 3: They are more aware than were comfortable.
Speaker 2: Some of the greatest One of the tips on this list, though, in terms of kind of controlling what you do around Christmas time, one of the greatest things that we did, my wife did, I'll give her full credit for, was shopping secondhand. Some of the great stuff that we got for our kids we got at garage sales, and it was part of it was because we lived in a nice neighborhood. We were in the poorhouse in the nice neighborhood, but they were willing to throw away some great new bicycles or tricycles or toys or something like that. Lightly used expensive when they when they bought them, but very much reduced when we got them. Our kids in all the difference, and those were some of the greatest toys and vehicles that they now know.
Speaker 3: The difference.
Speaker 9: All of my kids clothes were hand me downs.
Speaker 6: But what I'll tell you is what I took from that point is I have seen there's a lot of data that shows kids today like.
Speaker 4: Thrift store shopping.
Speaker 6: It's a trending thing, so it's not the it used to be, like that's what you did when you were broke, right, But now that's the cool thing.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school too, thrift store shopping we went all the time.
Speaker 6: It's because you smoked cigarettes and stuff. I was just a theater nerd. We didn't do the thrift store shopping.
Speaker 2: You were actually shopping for the costume debates run exactly.
Speaker 3: Because you smoked cigarettes.
Speaker 9: Look at that. Sometimes I crush stuff too.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 3: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: We were trying to hit the hay.
Speaker 9: Now, you guys could crush the show.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the arc of the Covenant. We were, well, we were, weren't we last week or the week before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we were. We were talking about Raiders of the Lost Dark and you've never seen it?
Speaker 3: Why are you mad?
Speaker 2: I still because you still have had two weeks to see it and you haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: You don't know that I know that he's seen it.
Speaker 1: The oldest known stone tablet inscribed with the Ten Commandments has been sold in an auction for more than five million dollars.
Speaker 4: You bought it for Gary South of Bee's said.
Speaker 1: The one hundred and fifty five pound marble slab was acquired by an anonymous buyer who plans to donate it to an Israeli institution.
Speaker 4: But it's not the Ten Commandments.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to go for about the amount about one point five that Freddie Freeman's Grand slam Ball was going for. They said there were ten minutes of intense bidding during the global competition. Tablet dates from three hundred to eight hundred a d. And is inscribed with the Commandments and Paleo Hebrew script. It was unearthed in southern Israel in nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Is a marble tablet and slab, a marble slab slab.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: I think he's going to put in a countertop.
Speaker 4: That would be interesting, be a cool power move.
Speaker 6: If you just made it part of your counter It's like I spent five million just to but.
Speaker 4: Could you put anything on top of it.
Speaker 3: I'd make it the backsplash.
Speaker 4: Oh better idea. But it's gonna be thick. That's gonna stick off the wall a couple of inches.
Speaker 3: It's the freaking Ten Commandments.
Speaker 4: Is that how they say it? That's how south of he's auctioned it.
Speaker 2: Oh, can I get my first bad for the freaking Ten Commandments.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it would be pretty cool to have it as your backsplash, despite its thickness. Doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing when it's the freaking Ten Commandments.
Speaker 6: Right, because you get to say it was the Ten Commandments. That's what I was I would put in the middle of my island, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of like, yeah, it's like here's.
Speaker 6: I'm sure, yeah, and I think that's the power move. You're like, I'm so indifferent onto what happens after my life ends that this is what I did with the Ten Commandments. I bought it for five million dollars, which could be sacrilegious in its own right.
Speaker 4: True, that's true, just to purchase it, Yeah, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: But if you purchase it in the in the context of them he's donating, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Moses and.
Speaker 9: And a name from the Bible?
Speaker 6: Is that how you decided to put a button on this like it's a Saturday night life scar.
Speaker 4: She's the one who a ten commandments told there.
Speaker 9: Was just a pause that she goes and moses, right.
Speaker 4: Old testament name that she knows. Yeah, exactly, it's it's better, she.
Speaker 6: Said, right, and gave me the woman eyebrow lift of like, I think we're done here so much you recognize it.
Speaker 9: That was and it shut me up.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 9: I was like, yeah, I guess we're done. I can't so I have no connection to her other than friendship.
Speaker 6: And she completely shut me up as a man by just raising an eyebrow and going and dropping her chin.
Speaker 9: We're done here.
Speaker 4: Moving on a day, sir. So, So do you do you think that this time is stressful? Do you think holidays are stressful for parents?
Speaker 6: I think for me, like, the only part that stresses my life out is all of these choir shows that my kids are a part of.
Speaker 3: How many are there?
Speaker 6: Well, my other my older son just did three shows after doing a week of rehearsals. And because I'm on the board for the boosters, like I was there for all of them, like helping out, facilitating, setting up for them, tearing down all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: You had notes for them after I not.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know, I give it your little pitchy dog and the other one did his on Tuesday. Like last night, I was at a choir show and I help out a little bit with that that was sold out and there was parents who were angry because we invited an elementary school.
Speaker 9: It got ugly.
Speaker 6: People got yelled at because there weren't enough seats for everybody because they didn't buy tickets. Had that leave them one more Like I'll be honest, I fantasize about a time where I get to just stay home with the four of us. But I think it's because I've spent my entire life and my child's entire life of traveling to my parents' place or my in law's place or something like that. Like I would like that, but it does. I would not say that the holidy are overly stressful for all the reasons that they describe.
Speaker 9: It's because I'm not trying to be that parent. I'm not. I don't. I don't think so, I don't. I mean, clearly, I'm not, Like I.
Speaker 6: Don't know that anybody is, and I don't like honestly, the only thing I look at this stuff and I go, is there something that I am missing out on? Like, but all it seems like is an unnecessary staying up until midnight making cookies and that kind of thing.
Speaker 9: It's just it's never been my thing.
Speaker 6: What about your wife? Does she feel stressed out by the holidays? I don't think the holidays stress her out, but she's also mostly you. Yes, that's definitely just general life with me, is what I think she would. Yeah, that's that's very intuitive. Do you like follow her on X or something?
Speaker 4: Because we talk, asked me to bring it up little by little.
Speaker 9: You're doing great because I'm it's completely flying over my head. I'm so smart. Yeah, so I don't. I don't know. Do you guys? Do you guys get stressed out about the holidays?
Speaker 2: I get frustrated by the holidays because I think there's a lot of high expectations. Yes, yes, I would have that part that I'm like, I feel like and every year afterwards you're like, I'm not. It's like when you drink too much, you have one more, you're like, I'm gonna change from beer to whiskey late in the evening or something like that, and you wake up and you're like, you know what, Probably I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to do that again.
Speaker 2: And then you know, you get you get late into the holidays or whatever, and you just go, we didn't need to do that, whatever it was, overschedule yourself, over by overeat, whatever it is, and.
Speaker 4: Then you get into January and you hate yourself.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well not sometimes sometimes I.
Speaker 9: Think you saved it. I think you really don't. Think you nail that. Everything's gonna be great for you. You have a great birthday, right.
Speaker 1: To say, your birthdays in January, that's when it starts to turn around.
Speaker 2: A few days in maybe it maybe it turns around. But my birthday this year, again for the last couple of years, has not fallen on wild Card weekend, which is really frustrating.
Speaker 3: To every year.
Speaker 1: And you like that.
Speaker 4: My wife would be like, what do you want to do on your birthday? Like nothing, I just want to sit.
Speaker 1: I spent every fourth and fifth of January at the video poker machine at the Golden Nugget in Vegas for years.
Speaker 3: Just all those TVs, all the games on. Oh that was the best. Now times have changed.
Speaker 9: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Because she's got to go to a football game.
Speaker 2: You gotta work, and it's just it's just the end of the regular season, which in some cases could be the absolute waste of a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because while yes, some most of the games don't mean anything, wildcore weekend was so much fun. I think it's most fun weekend in in the playoffs because anything can happen, and it was just it was perfect that that like hangover weekend of after Christmas and New Year's it was just a perfect way to ease into the new year.
Speaker 6: I loved all the playoffs until having this conversation with the guys. You guys found a way to make the month of January.
Speaker 3: We'll do that to stick around.
Speaker 9: Where's the talkback feature for the NFL. Let's give them a piece of our mind.
Speaker 4: Do you do you want to you want to ruin puppies next?
Speaker 9: Yeah, stick it out around of ruins and puppies.
Speaker 1: Else the NFL ruined was a lot of Christmas presents for people when they flexed that Sunday game the Chargers Broncos to Thursday night. People plan months out for games around the holidays, whether it's bringing the whole family. Yeah, and then then they planted on a they take a one o'clock game on a Sunday, and they planted on a Thursday night.
Speaker 6: And fl fun tidbit I'll leave you with before we go and talk about ruining puppies.
Speaker 9: I saw. I couldn't find enough data on it.
Speaker 6: There's a growing trend of parents who are traveling without their kids for the holidays. I don't I couldn't find what they're doing with their kids. Just multiple articles talking about this rising trend, mixing mills.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 9: Your kids are adults. Maybe I don't even think that was part of it.
Speaker 4: But I mean, they can take care of themselves, right exactly.
Speaker 3: That's fascinating. What do with the kids?
Speaker 9: Exactly? It's so weird, Like are you dumping them with grandparents?
Speaker 6: Where are you going? I have so many questions for these people. Find me if you're listening and you're this person.
Speaker 3: I want to see Cabo one year in between Christmas and New Year's. I think it was it was just weird. I just didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I feel like a great place to go between Christmas and New Year's Vegas.
Speaker 3: Really, I feel i'd feel depressed.
Speaker 4: We went one time on Christmas night, like late that evening.
Speaker 2: We left Christmas after all the presence, and we were there for a few days with some friends and it was great.
Speaker 4: No crowds, no crowds at all.
Speaker 2: Cold walking from you know, casino and casino was cold, but it was so much fun.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's really depressing. Well, I go to the ghetto downtown part of Vegas.
Speaker 4: You just bring depressing with you wherever you go.
Speaker 3: That is you, my friend, Turtleneck.
Speaker 4: You're like some sort of layers guys.
Speaker 9: Getting ugly in here. They're breaking eye contact with me and just yelling at each other.
Speaker 6: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app