Speaker 1: It's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. It is time for your MAVs. Been it brought to you by the sunset At McKinny Amphitheater, you can own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater coming to McKinnie will tell you all about that. But Ben, yesterday the Mavericks lost to the Denver Nuggets in a game that they were actually up nineteen and then there was a stretch in the third quarter where they all kind of fell apart. But they have to play Denver again Tuesday night. And it sucks to get up nineteen points on a team that have been playing that well and then give it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tuned into that game late, and I was thinking, uh, okay, this is probably a blowout. MAVs are going to be losing horrifically, but it's fine, you know, Luca and kyro out and I was like, what the MAVs are up?
Speaker 4: They're up big? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: And I was riding that high for a very short time, and then it was almost impossible for the Mavericks to score towards the end of the third quarter and the whole fourth quarter I think the only score twelve points in the fourth quarter, So my enjoyment was very short lived. I know there's no moral victories in this, but it was a moral victory for them to be hanging with Denver for three quarters, I think, And in no way should they be able to compete with them missing their two biggest superstars, So give them credit for that. They just the offense just bogs without those two badasses.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is. Yeah, and you know, if you're playing them twice in a row, you're probably gonna your best chance of beating them. They shot the ball so poorly in the first half they could not buy a buck. In fact, they started one for eleven from three, and then, of course has been just mentioned, the Mavericks score twelve points in the fourth quarter. That's one point a minute if you're doing the math at home, because they ended up going I think they were one for their final thirteen from three, something of that nature. So anyways, tough spot for them to be in. They will play Denver tomorrow night, and then they have the second nut of a back to back against the New Orleans Pelicans, who is very beatable. Man New Orleans has really been struggling before coming back here for a tough game Friday night hosting The Thunder. This is your maps Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information on how you can own a piece of this. You can go buy a fire pit right now, which becomes like a real estate investment. You'll have DIBs on all the shows that come through there, and then if you don't go to the shows, you can make money off the tickets. It's opening in twenty twenty six. Secure your suite now, all right, now it's time for this, And now.
Speaker 5: It's time for Basis Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor kt Funtweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Big story in town, Mike McCarthy and the Cowboys have parted ways. No one was fired, just parted ways. A little more on that coming up at five po ten. The exit of Watermelon mic Caitlin Clark in the news. Weirdly here in town because Michael Lewis, He's a fifty five year old man from Denton. He's been arrested and accused of stalking Caitlin Clark the WNBA Star. Investigators say he sent more than fifteen message including sexually violent content and threats to her on Twitter. X. One of the posts that had been driving around your house three times a day, but don't call the law just yet. And so they found that. You know, she obviously was like, okay, what is this report it? I guess to Twitter investigators finally got involved, and they realized that the IP addresses were coming from the Hilton Garden hotel in Indianapolis. So because he was in the city which she plays and lives, that was very concerning because you know he's a Denton resident. Oh so bad deal here? Yeah, yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 3: You feel sorry for people like that, you know that are that are you know, to have to contend with psycho paths that are stalking them and circling their house like sharks around a boat. You know, like that's not safe at all. And I I mean, I hope they she reached out to the police, not Twitter. I doubt Twitter really cares that. Hey man, free speech? Yeah, I mean I doubt Twitter really cares.
Speaker 1: What do they get? I mean, they probably are so understaffed, how in the world. Do you have anybody could do anything about that?
Speaker 2: This fella's facing up to six years in prison and ten thousand dollars five that's all ten thousand sounds.
Speaker 1: Six years is the probably the bigger part. Try the six year part. Yeah. Usually those guys don't have a lot of cash either. I mean, I think he would have been standing at a nicer hotel in Indianapolis if he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting tickets. I'm sitting behind the bench. Read one message.
Speaker 6: No, you said sexually violent messages.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, and I haven't read one yet that's sexually violent.
Speaker 6: Confusing to me.
Speaker 2: One of them said, they said I was sending threatening texts, but the only thought on my mind was Caitlin.
Speaker 4: In all texts, I mean in all caps.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She probably has a lot of creeps messaging her too, so it's kind of hard to, yeah, know, if someone's actually seriously a threat, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another gal from yukon page Bukers, and she is the expected number one draft pick in the in the w NBA draft. I don't ask you why, I know, I know because the doubt was, yeah, guy, that sucks one off with that pick. A forty year old man from Oregon got a one year sentence in three years probation because he pled guilty to charge it because he was stalking her. It's like, that's the bad thing about the w NBA getting getting famous. I don't know that that's the what you deduce from that story to look out for stalkers, Oh, saying when no one was talking about the WNBA, we weren't hearing much about stalkers.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it was still happening.
Speaker 1: Kevin. You had a lot of sexually violent material on your phone that you're showing earlier. Could you share that with Christinas? And she didn't understand what you were saying speaking of sexually violent material.
Speaker 2: Two big deaths in the world of music that we need to discuss, and one is very topical because one is a guy who was pardoned by the late great Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: One third of the trio Peter Paul and Mary Peter Yarrow is dead. You guys know him from a puff The Magic Dragon who Lived by the Sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's also a great scene and the Complete Unknown where they're like, come on, man, Peter Paul and Mary sucks.
Speaker 4: You know, what I know it from is Meet the Parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, immediately I was thinking of he's.
Speaker 2: Like talking about how the song's about which pothheads? Are you a pothead?
Speaker 1: Fucker?
Speaker 2: So in nineteen seventy Peter Yarrow, by the way, he died of bladder cancer, which sounds awful.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't sound.
Speaker 4: Do you guys feel bad for the sky or not?
Speaker 1: I just set up I feel bad for people having to die of cancer.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad for this guy. I'm gonna go ahead and see you always always laying it down. Anyone, anyone throw the hammer. Uh, you can accept it. To find the hammer. I'll take the hammer, and I will you have the hammer? You're gonna throw it?
Speaker 6: Is this a TGO hammer?
Speaker 4: It's a tg O hammer.
Speaker 1: By the way, TGI Friday's saw another story on them. They are not doing it. They're not doing great. I will take the hammer.
Speaker 4: No, you have it. I have the hammer. What happens if I throw it? If you throw it?
Speaker 2: Ben can decide to He can either accept and by that means you're doubling down and you can kind of control what you think is going to happen in the story, or he can not take it. Which means he's kind of waving the white flag.
Speaker 1: I'm going to one time the hammer.
Speaker 4: He's one time and oh he oh, I don't know he could one time.
Speaker 1: I just want to know. I just want to know that I'm on record with a strong opinion. I think it's bad for people to die of cancer. Okay, that was my strong hammer, unless they have it coming.
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary they frolic through the Autumnist of a land called Honolly. He was convicted of taking immoral and improper liberties with fourteen year old Barbara Winter. Winter had gone with her seventeen year old sister Kathy to his hotel room in DC again in nineteen sixty nine. That is when she said, Peter Yarrow did the old trick, the naked man. You guys know the naked man trick, don't It's where you answer the door completely naked. It's a classic trick.
Speaker 6: How I met your mother?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, he opened the door naked and made her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You don't play the game.
Speaker 3: You play the man, and I know.
Speaker 1: How to read KT.
Speaker 2: So the judge sentenced him to one to three years in prison, that's it. But then spended the term and Jimmy Carter partners in three months, and Jimmy Carter pardoned this man because he love music so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Yarro did say that he regretted the incident, saying it was an era of real indiscretion and mistakes by categorically male performers.
Speaker 4: I was one of them. I got nailed. I was wrong. I'm sorry for it. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: There is something about saying, hey man, what I did was wrong, but all the other rock stars did it too. Have you ever read Hammer of the Gods? I mean, no offense, Christina, Wow, Christina, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: I meant. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I meant to say Kevin. But I will say it's very rare that someone reads that book and wants to go fishing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other music death that we had is of Sam Moore, of Sam and Dave.
Speaker 1: Sam Morton used to be in sales up here, God rest his soul. Sam Moore, Okay, good going. I really like Sam.
Speaker 2: Didn't cross the headline that former. iHeart Sam mooreton Okay, I'm Sam Moore.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: What's that? What's the Probably the most famous. I mean sol many.
Speaker 1: Either sold on or hold on I'm coming. I think Electric Avenue. Mm hmm, Kevin seeing the lyrics of hold on.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: What are you holding on to?
Speaker 4: Uh Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because we got to hold on to what we got. We gotta make it together, we like it or not, we got each other. And that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yep. That's John Jovi, right, same band.
Speaker 4: Not quite now.
Speaker 2: This does say what I read about him is that he was a tireless womanizer.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's why they saying I'm your puppet. He betted three of his teachers.
Speaker 3: I mean, betted is a good way. That's a power move, like when you're recapping the story I was.
Speaker 1: I was thinking the other day about the term you slept with someone, and I'm like, that means you didn't leave after you were finished. He got to get it in the in the late eighties. He betted many, many, many women.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like any bathroom stalled some too. He's also shot in the leg by a jealous husband.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Betted three teachers and shot in the leg. Pretty impressive. A great career for Sam Moore Uh, he also died over the weekend, so trying to get that out there.
Speaker 1: He was and by the way, he was eighty nine. It's not like people were going, Man, I can't believe Sam Moore died.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, I think he died betting three women at the same time.
Speaker 2: He just said, just died following surgery at a hospital, which is luckily not surgery.
Speaker 3: But you're you don't have a full tear down of him. You just you just basically gave him praise for betting all these women.
Speaker 2: Give him credit for being a tireless womanizer, right what but during that era, that's a point of pride.
Speaker 4: Hey, guy, just keep it going and going.
Speaker 6: Christina, I just don't think we should praise a guy for betting his teacher.
Speaker 1: Teachers.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, what, let's just ask all males in the world.
Speaker 3: You had one super hot teacher at your high school? Probably right, he got three of them. We had a lot of good hot teachers.
Speaker 1: It's hurting them. There were so many teachers. But uh, but I will say the reporting was somewhat shoddy. Kevin did not indicate that they were his teachers, just that they were teachers.
Speaker 3: Could have been in a single, he's been at a Chili's, have been a teacher, like in his mid thirties.
Speaker 4: I think a.
Speaker 1: Tireless womanizer probably had more than three teachers.
Speaker 3: And Christina, you say that your friends that are teachers are all freaks.
Speaker 1: No, you said they get ripped at happy hour and go home with something different every day.
Speaker 4: No, they don't.
Speaker 1: You said that. I thought she said that did too. Hey, are we going to talk more about the We talk more about the TGI Fridays things. I watched the whole video about it.
Speaker 2: We can, and I think that's the perfect segue to what we're gonna do next.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Mike McCarthy and TGI Fridays. That's where he's gonna end up. NeXT's going He's gonna get some potato skins.