Speaker 1: Well, at least we got to be friends again. You know before we got whacked.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna get whacked because your chief Clancy Wigham, and you're gonna figure a way out of this. You have that much faith in me, No faith there is what you have in things that don't exist.
Speaker 1: Your awesomeness is real.
Speaker 3: Four finger discount Ude.
Speaker 4: Welcome too, four figure thiscamp with this week we're gonna be reviewing Chief of Hearts.
Speaker 2: I'm Dando and I am guy. Yes, welcome to the podcast that makes Pokemon looked like Digimon.
Speaker 4: The battle balls, battle balls, got a balls.
Speaker 2: Something called battle balls, something along those lines, I believe. So. Yeah, look, the B plot in this one was kind of forgettable.
Speaker 4: Be plot didn't need to be there. How often have we said in season twenty one, take the B plot out and there's an A plot here that's actually be really good.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, but why they call it the bet plo because it doesn't have to be there.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's I've actually hate that before.
Speaker 2: That's a good theory, is not bad.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna run with it. I actually didn't mind this episode. I thought that the idea of this episode is one that I'm surprised has already been done. Just Chief Wigan is a character we've seen so much. He's such a pivotal part of this show. We've never really doved into his psyche.
Speaker 2: Not really, No, And I mean they do elucidate some interesting thoughts about why. Look, you could talk about the male loneliness epidemic. This is currently a hot button topic in twenty twenty six. You know you okay, dudes don't have friends, but yes, specifically for the cops and the way that Clancy says, you know, ordinary people are scared of your, criminals don't like you, and other cops won't you just reminds you of stuff you're trying to forget. So yeah, you can see why he would be a lonely guy or at least longing for a friend. Even though sort of been the lead up to this, Clars always struck me as fairly sort of well adjusted and happy in his relationship as well. I mean, Clancy and Sarah always seem to have a nice sort of vibe. That's true.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say he seemed to me, but the relationship they did feel like they were simpatico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, thank you for that. That's really nice. But you and I both know we are simps for the women in our lives. Lovely Louis's companies pretty much all I need. She will always say, go get other friends, stop hanging around me. Yes, but it's good for dudes to have dude friends as well. But you know, later in life it can be difficult to find that. I mean, have you found that you have made new friends? You know, at this stage of your life. I haven't made any new friends. I say that, pety people that listen, going, I thought I was your friend. I've made a lot of acquaintances, but I was a few months ago. I just, I said, I just feel really lonely. I just feel like I don't have any friends. I just I just felt like I don't know. I mean, it was last year.
Speaker 4: When my birthday came around and no one text me on my birthday. You and my mum and Darren were the only ones that like text me on my birth and I was like, gosh, my friends forgot is my birthday, which is easily done, or they just didn't give a shit.
Speaker 2: We all say, all of us who are in our sort of various friend groups and quaintan scripts and all that kind of things, like, oh, we're so busy these days. I had a get together with some of my longest standing friends a couple of weeks ago. You know, six of us went out for dinner. We went up to Holmle. We drank too much beer, too much red wine. Told the same old bullshit stories that we always tell. But there was something really lovely about that. And that friendship is just getting stronger and stronger over time, you know, because we're evolving.
Speaker 4: We're all.
Speaker 2: Middle class, middle aged white dudes, but there's a real sense of camaraderie and affection and wanting the best for one another, and we're becoming more and more sort of vocal in saying that we're men of a certain era and we tend to be sort of hippie mate. But yeah, we'll tell each other we love each other and we mean it. So yeah, it's valuable, and you can see why someone like Lancy would want something like that in his life.
Speaker 4: I think for me, because I've befriended a lot of the dads of the players on Ali's footy team, so I talked to him when I'm there at training and whatnot, and sometimes I sort of thought I wond if I message and said that one like hang out with that now don't want to hang out with me. I just I have no self esteeming it. I don't feel like anyone would want to hang out with it.
Speaker 2: That's just silly. First of all, well I don't know. No, I'm not just saying that first of all. But also it's silly, but it's not silly. I get where you're coming from and Tyler, because oh yeah, I feel exactly the same way. There's a difference I think between if you say you can say, oh, someone's my friend, or you can say I'm friendly with them. I know I know him, yeah yeah, and it's like sorry, Now. I do another podcast occasionally with Charlie Lawson, and for the longest time I would say, oh, yeah, I'm friendly with Charlie. No, I would say I was friends with Charlie, even though when of not calling each other all the time or anything like that, or even just checking to see how you're doing. But I think we've evolved beyond acquaintances to friendly to friends even if we're not best friends. So it's it's really interesting, isn't it, Because it's almost like being in love in a lot of ways you don't want to be. Sometimes you do want to be the personal says at first. But yeah, imagine saying that someone we're friends, right, and no, really, dude, we're friendly.
Speaker 4: I'm watching this episode here and it's like, oh, I don't want to be Wigham. You know, we're Wigham was like, oh, a new friend, and I don't want them to see me the way that we Homo seas we like, Oh, you just you're so needy. I just wanted this time to talk.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, give me call anytime.
Speaker 4: But I was surprised and wasn't surprised. I got to the end of it when I watched it the first time and took my notes, and I was like, I like that one. Oh it's Carolyn Amine's. She's quickly become my favorite Simpsons writer post Golden era. I think any episode that she does I either really enjoy. I'm like, there was a lot here that you know, I liked. Yeah, a few more tweeks that we've been even better. I think for the most part, I liked this one. I think they focused enough of the episode on the main plot that didn't leave me going, oh, you should have added this because we were doing the one where you had the Mister Burns American History Excellent, where you had mister Burns in prison, and then you had this smit's taking over the two stories. It could have been their own episode, and they didn't flesh them out either of them enough because they tried to cram them both into the same one. Correct this one here, I felt like enough of the episode was dedicated to the Wigham one where only really felt like they're going to the B plot when they wanted some time to transpire.
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah, And look, sometimes that's what you need in your B plot. It doesn't necessarily have to be its own story. It can just.
Speaker 4: Act as something's happening a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of a distraction. It's like, and with all fairness to the B plot in this, which is but getting involved in the battlebles thing and must margin everyone mistaking it for being like drugs or being a drug deal or something like that. It's kind of one note. It's pretty much one joke, but.
Speaker 4: It's like a scene from the Nanny King identity.
Speaker 2: Yeah you could, Yeah, you could just play this as one joke in one scene and it would work fine if you're stretching it out into maybe three or four separate scenes, So the impact or the appeal is diluted.
Speaker 4: For me because I like the idea that the joke thing I'll try in a minute. But I liked the idea of that. Carolyn, she's clearly a mum, right, A lot of her a lot of her stories are about her being a parent, and you know your kids go through fads and whatnot. So this one was like the young Digimin or Yuio cards or whatever, and obviously I'm assuming her in real life. Carolyn mean, I said, oh, they're cool, and the kids were like, well, now they're not cool because my mum likes them. So I like, I feel like I relate to her stories on my parent now. But the idea of I think sometimes the show forgets that Bart and Lisa are eight and ten, right, Why would they like Skinner and charmers? For first of all, so that's what fourth grade? I think he's dealing drugs. The idea of a ten year old dealing drugs is so ridiculous when you think about it, you know, But and Lisa, the way these characters are treated these days, they don't treat them like children anymore. They're always like young adults when they're not young adults.
Speaker 2: They're children. Yeah, that's yeah, or even in the other term of younger. Oh yeah, they're not even sort of teenagers AliOS age alien.
Speaker 4: They are literally children, but because they have not rud of ideas, but they've got to get them to doing other things. It's like we see them as young adults, our teenagers, but like the idea of a ten year old dealing drugs at primary school, it's ludicrous, really.
Speaker 2: It is. It is having said that's probably happening.
Speaker 4: Hit up out yet, I've got his number. I need a new burner. But I think the idea of Wigham and Homer just hanging out is a fun and original concept that surprisingly hadn't been done before.
Speaker 2: I think they just they work well together. Well, there's similar sort of people. They seem to be driven by their appetites in a lot of ways. They're not necessarily as sharp as tools in the shed. They're sentimental, big hearted guys. Yeah, they are kind of two peas in a pod. It's amazing that they haven't drawn them together in this way before. But yeah, we got it in this episode. And of course there are things that are gonna maybe drive them apart. Although, yeah, the neediness of Wigham as displayed in this episode, I don't think it's anything we've ever really seen before, have we Needness?
Speaker 4: Probably not that, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Think occasionally all sort of second guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's neid of of loser paying attention or something like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so yeah, maybe the seeds have been planted in earlier episodes and Carolyn's all about the b sharps. Oh yeah, that's right, And Carolyn saw that and sort of ran with it, and we could expand this into something else, But is it a right with it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I just think though, if I'm going to do a nitpick, I think maybe there should have been more of Homer and Wigham hanging out and getting along before he gets attacked, because it just feels like not enough of that bond had been formed from a viewers perspective, correct to justify why would give up all this time and spend time with him. I mean home has actually been really nice. Sure, all the time in the hospital and yadda YadA, But for Wigham to then go, oh, he's spent time with them now, it's like he only just became friends.
Speaker 2: They're turning it into sort of like you know the movie The Cable Guy, Right, Yeah, it's a bit that way. In some way, it's true. Yeah, Clancy took an inch and and no, he was given an inch and he took a mile perhaps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're right though. I've got a couple of friends who are officers, and the idea of you know, I think, what does he say villians are scared of us and other cops remind us of things we'd rather forget. Well, that's a really great line, and it's so true because my friends who were cops, they say, we do feel lonely because we feel like, even when we're hanging out with you guys, you guys are always trying to make sure you're on your best behavior. You got your guard up because just in case you say the wrong thing. It's like we're not. But then I sometimes subconsciously think, well, maybe I am. Maybe I am just careful with the way I talk. And after they said that, I said to I think, maybe I do. Maybe I do watch what I say just in case, but not deliberately. Oh yeah, yeah, no, I understand. And they see shit that no normal person should see.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, like that.
Speaker 4: You remind me of things I'd rather forget, which is things like one of my friends is a police officer, had to go to a fire where children passed away and he had to literally remove the bodies from the fire. And he's never been the same, Like you can. He's just never been the same, of course, and that's why, you know, being with other cops remind him of being on the job. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But at the same time, you're trying and talk about that to a civilian and it's like, well, I'm either going to traumatize the civilian or yeah, they're not going to bite me around for another barbecue. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Advice if you do know a police officer out there, my mate, he says one thing he hates is when someone always says, what's the worst thing you've seen? Yeah, I don't want to talk about that, but that's all people want to hear about. What's the most Like, when you're got a friend who's a paramedic, What's what's the worst thing you've had to do? What's worst accent you've had to be Too's like, what would I want to relive that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you tell me about your father's funeral while we're at it?
Speaker 4: But over All, compared to recent episodes, I thought this one had more purpose, I had.
Speaker 2: More stronger through line. I think, yeah, look, some of the gags were a little bit flimsy, could have been sharper, but there was, as I am prone to say, a bit, a lot to enjoy in this episode.
Speaker 4: When I watched Charlyn's episodes, though, I felt like I watched him and go, oh, I see where the mental go for this part, because she always says there's an episode, you know where they go to the Leper Island or whatever. At the end of it, she's like, that's not how I ended this episode, but that's how they insisted it ends. And she's like, I was the episode and go, why did we have to do the Lepard hard? You watch it in retrospect and it doesn't work, it's not funny. And then I'll watch her episodes and I go, I reckon, that's a salmon gag. By the way, fun fact about this one, this is the first episode where Lison ever says a word I.
Speaker 2: Knew there was. That's a terrible gag to make and not not indicative of my personally at all. But well, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Didn't say anying, no Lisa at all. Eh, my favorite favorite moments from the episode Lisa not being in it. I thought that Clancy Wigghams technique for adding sugar was very impressive. Yeah, Hope was not wrong. There was impressive.
Speaker 4: I like that arriving with a thirty two piece bucket of chicken, it was likely to forget about me that I might want some.
Speaker 2: Is a bullshit written in guys notes, thirty two pieces bucket of chicken equals Dando's favorite moment. We didn't collaborate on this at all. Came in blind. I just he likes check it out. How can I tell you?
Speaker 4: Especially it's Kentucky fry.
Speaker 2: So they got the Parmi burger at the moment.
Speaker 4: I did see that, and I was like, oh damn. That was of the Parmi tower Berg and I was like, hot.
Speaker 2: Damn some of that act. I thought this was a very nice line. And I'm going to credit to Carolyn Amine all the good stuff Karl. When they're in the trunk together, by the way, there's the two this is a two piece feed. By the way, They've got the nice line. Yeah, but it's a very Carolin Amine moment. But First of all, that scene in the trunk is a direct tribute to one of my favorite movies of all time. It's from out of Sight with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. Ok. Yeah, there's a terrific scene where Coloney is broken out of jail, takes j Lo hostage, and they're in the trunk of this car and they sort.
Speaker 4: Of have a bit of a meet cute. Why are they're in the trunk? Have he's taken her hostage.
Speaker 2: Because he's been broken out of jail by his a partner in crime. So he's in there willingly. Yeah, he's escaping willingly, and Jayala was like a federal marshal who trusted. He tries to arrest them, except they disarmor and like, let's get out of here, and then they start flirting in the trunk and it's really great. Out of Sight if you have not seen it, one of my favorite movies of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out of Sight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. Well Year nineteen ninety eight, directed by the great Steven So.
Speaker 4: That's that's right my wheelhouse. Yeah, man, Because you watch those films and it's just before social media, just before technology really boom, the Internet and It's like I love the crime thrills where they had to be cops to solve crimes, not just reliant technology.
Speaker 2: The afore mentioned Charlie Lawson and I we're gonna do a podcast series about comfort movies and with sort of sections and that one of them is like first date movies or I've been seeing this person for a little while, it's time from movie night. Hopefully you will like this movie because I really like this movie and from mine, it's out of sight. Yeah. But then after that, claims is like, ah, how are we gonna get out of this? And Homer says the following, faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real word's wisdom. I like it. Yeah, that was great. So those were my favorite moments from this episode. There'll be more as we go through, but that's what I like.
Speaker 4: I like the itchy powder because least much she's found drugs it itchi powder, but would have that. But yeah, I also liked the reference to our Edward g Robinson. Everything reminds me of Wigham. Ah, you can't get me share.
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 4: You there eating the paste trivia time?
Speaker 2: Hit me with your first question. I thought this was going to be a one off, but then that it happens again. But so you'll probably get this quite immediately. But what does Ukraine cold chief Wigham?
Speaker 4: Ukraine call Chief Wigham. Ah, it's like doctor big Pants or something. It's Daddy round, Daddy round.
Speaker 2: The big pants? Is my name? Yes?
Speaker 4: Next one for me or first one for me is what does Kemp Brockman have to get out of the thorn bush? Oh?
Speaker 2: God damn, yeah, I was gonna take notes about what because because Krusty has to sort out the hoboes by the war they were in. Is it used condoms?
Speaker 4: Condoms?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: By the way, one of the hoboes was Spotspider.
Speaker 2: Oh for it nice. What computer command do you have to use to start an amber alert?
Speaker 4: Or is it control F thirteen?
Speaker 2: It's control F three.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's close, so close. My next one is what does the tag one of Cora's Diner say Coras Diner?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, No, that's the one where they hid the X cons right, is it that's where the X kinds are cooking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it just says not retro, just old.
Speaker 2: They still have that kind of thing where they got the like the retro cafes like the fifties cafes.
Speaker 4: Well, Johnny Rockets was like a big thing for it's so funny, the four Finger Discount United, what is it?
Speaker 2: The unified theory of which?
Speaker 4: And I just did a Patreon We did the Take my Wife's Sleeves the Biker Gang one and then kicks off with Homer at the greases Jo's Diner during the dance contest. It's just like we're discussing last night, would one of those work now and on like the surf Coast, just like a fifty style diner. So we tried Johnny Rockett that it failed, Yeah, it was there for a while. I think it would work on the corner of malap and morble. I think if done, if done properly, if if you do it properly and you go for it and you actually have everything themed true.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Yeah, that was nostalgia in the nineties for the fifties, and now it would be nostalgia for the eighties, in the twenties, in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: We just we literally brought that up, methought. But what's like an eighties diner? Though it's a nineties done what's.
Speaker 2: True that it would probably be like Johnny Rock, Yeah, it would be fifties nostalgia filtered through eighties nostalgia for now. Yeah, I mean it would be like, what's what's an eighties?
Speaker 4: What was describing eighties?
Speaker 2: What? Dina? Actually, No, it's this is what's happening because so many people like, remember pizza. Remember pizza? Yeah, pizza. You've got people saying, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna buy a pizza and we're gonna bring it back the way we used to it. Say okay, you're going to fix the pizzas there be there's maybe three people on Twitter who were like that's great, I mean, and two people on podcasts. But I went to the OI Can Eat One and balow at Pizza Hut expecting to readlive my childhood and take the kids out right, and well was I was so was so punped. I was like, this is gonna be great. Kids are going to see what it was like to have an oil and eat pizzah blah blah blah. And we get there and it was a bunch of like fifteen year olds working there who didn't give a ship. It was dirty, hadn't been cleaned, the pizza was cold, and I was like the way I remember it, or maybe it was maybe it was there was no The Way to Balert is no dessert bar. Oh for real, it used to be soft serve ice cream. Yeah, if you're going to have that kind of nostalgic diner, it would probably be like the way a Macas used to be or the Hungry Jack's used to be. Maybe Hungry Jack still is like that. But you know how they're all maccas used to be an event. Yeah, they look then they look like Ikeas.
Speaker 4: I say this, it's all it's all Ikea stores. But used to have the seats were shipped like Hamburgers. Of course you had the bottom of Donald's statute used to get a photo with.
Speaker 2: They had all a man of crazy crap on the wall. Yeah, and now they don't. Now they're basically like they're like that factory at the end of terminator. I mean, you go in. I've said this many times, how can you work here? I would go out of my fucking mind. Yeah. Why were we talking about that? Because they went to they went to the retro thing. I have one final question for you. Who was the producer of the TV cop show.
Speaker 4: That is a bit like Starskin Damn Nah, that was it?
Speaker 2: Or the answer? The answer is in the question Stephen J. Cobb Show, which is a play on Stephen J. Canell. You were Stephen J. Canell. He's the maker, like the A team Dick Wolf. Everyone knows Dick, but if you watch I'd say forty to fifty percent of the cop shows on American TV in the eighties and perhaps early nineties had the name Stephen We've talked about in the past because his close out thing is ripping the thing and it goes yeah, yeah right, it turns into a seat. Stephen J. Cannell, What a guy.
Speaker 4: My final qu for you is what does Wigham? What does the badge say that he gives Homer in mosh.
Speaker 2: Will Will's Worst Friends?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you planned it on me, man.
Speaker 2: I almost said that was one of my favorite mos Hey, man, you planned dead. Almost any hippie or Miss Green or whatever who had something planned I'm sure a man you planned dead.
Speaker 4: Why is it that whenever we do hippie voices, it has to be cheating Chong.
Speaker 2: Man, the power of cheach and Chong and they sort of cult the paper on drug took and Hippies.
Speaker 4: We recently, for some reason, discussed Norman Gunston and I watched his interview with Cheech and Chong, and it's amazing because in the first minute they're kind of confused, like what's happening here, and after like that that sort of realized, Oh, I see what's going on, and they play into it and they're all just having the time and they're like they're just they're they're clearly high and they're just loving life. This fucking guy is he gets it.
Speaker 2: But the thing of it is, it's so easy to not write them off as just stoney guys. Really terrific improvisational comics who have created these characters and are able to work just about any situation within that character, within the framework of those characters. It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Gene and Shoel, Yeah, they looking at each other's laughing their asses off the whole time, Like this guy's hilarious and he's just you know what Norman guns is like just being awkward and making mistakes, and they're just they're just eating it up. All right, it is Stonecutter's time now. Of course, we're going to start with Kat g the incredible KTG. Right, you tell me because she gives one hundred bucks each Month's is absolutely superstar shot out Katy G. But there's another man I need to mention. His name is David Stewart, right, and he said in the Eurythmics, I hope so that would be cool. He sent me in email did it? And He's like, I don't really care that. You know, I've been a tweeny dollar subscriber for a couple months and you haven't said my name yet. I was just wondering if you could, if it's gonna happen. I was like, I just want to support you guys. I don't really bother that. I'm like, I'm sorry, sir, Weave. Sure we read your name out first and foremost after KG.
Speaker 2: Of course, David Stuart, David Stuart.
Speaker 4: I don't do so again, Bud, but thank you for your support David Stewart by being a top tier stoke gout to support here add four finger discount as well as the following people, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prutt, Shanny Macker, Elliott j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn DV, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental planned flood ball of Windebank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby Adrim McLeod March, Trelevan Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, Talia and Riguez, Declan Phoenix.
Speaker 2: You read the last year guy, where'd we? Where are we?
Speaker 5: Up to?
Speaker 2: Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe riddenseg Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Damian Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail B. Sharp Cutter and Craig Craig lt Smash Costa, Sorry my glasses, then cleaning and the screen lit later Sill Brett.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for supporting us here at four feing a discount. You are literally the reason that we are able to keep going.
Speaker 2: You are absolute legends. My apologies to the final few people whose names I read out you'll probably like wish Dandar had done that, but thank you very much for your support. It is incredibly appreciated. Now.
Speaker 4: The original air date of this episode, mister Davis, was April eighteenth, twenty ten. What do you think were the top three films at the US box office when this episode aired.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Avatar, Avatar and Avatar ten. It was two thousand and nine. I don't know, man, let's find out, let's do it, Let's go to the internet.
Speaker 4: Number three was Date Nights, number two had to Train Your Dragon, and number one was kick Ass. Kick Ass debut at number one had There was two films kick Ass, wasn't.
Speaker 2: It there was? I think kick Ass two was not that great. Wonder how well kick Ass has aged. I feels like it feels like a very twenty tens kind of movie.
Speaker 4: I was kind of late to kick Ass. I never saw it when it first came out, and I was like, you go see kick Ass. I was saying with Scott Pilgrim. I was like, you coulda watch Scott Pilgrim. And I watched it like later on and I was like, hey, you want see Scup Pilgrim. I'm like, yeah, Like ten years ago, I.
Speaker 2: Had a training Dragon is in there. I met some guy the other day. It was being a counter jocket, a retail atlet selling pop culture merchandise. One might say, I remember a young man who was incredibly fluent in how to Train your Dragon Law. Okay, he knew about it. Did you make a mistake on something he credited you? It was a bit scenting laid No. No, I think I was just hey, I like that movie. You like it? Well, why you're biking it wrong? No, he was a good guy.
Speaker 4: I remember when I worked at CONN for your pop Culture and I was in the board game section, and I remember there was a Bill and Ted board game. I remember this guy was like looking at the board games. I was like, anything you like? I said, this one's good Bill and ten And he's like, how many movies are there? And I was like, well, I was like there's two. He's like, yeah, which one's the best one? I was like, well, I like billing Ted's Bogus Journey. He's like, oh, so you do know him. I'm like, why were you so offended? He was like, so, how many films are there? I was like, because it was billing Ted's Excellent Adventure. And I was like two and second he gets alright, then word do the wise. Don't be that person.
Speaker 2: That person who.
Speaker 4: Being a little more for me. I think it was he was more annoyed. He's like, this guy actually doesn't know about by Journey. He knows it's extent sequel. Yeah he does, indeed, right, so yes. April eighteen, twenty ten, Written by Carolyn Amine and William Wright So all the Bad Stuff William Right, and readed by Chris Clements. It stars Jane I was miss pronounce her last names Americ because Mary, Yeah, the mum from in the middle. Yeah, she plays the judge.
Speaker 2: Did you watch that life still Unfair? No, I've never I didn't watch the original series. Yeah, I was never really into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friends loved it. I just never really bothered with it. Yeah, I'm sure great. But Marisa marsh appears. I'm not sure who as who, but he's in this and Joe Montagna as Fat Tony. Now, what was the Billboard gag?
Speaker 2: Billboard gag was death and Texas, two things they avoid. Mister Burnan's just yeah, it's not really selling anything. It's just, you know, just a joke with mister man. You also had Keny Curtis Curtis in their Flying Saucer.
Speaker 4: Yes, now, the chop Board gag discounts as Jim and Art class and the Couch gag the same four course in their gag as in Wedding for Disaster, which is the comic book. Guy calls them Bill Terrible after tossing down his napkin. So, but the Simpsons were food. I think they were, but it was like a steak. Yes, that's right. See episode kicks off with the family besides Homer, Marge and the kids on their way to a birthday party for Dylan. They were to tottle toss together.
Speaker 2: This is the thing.
Speaker 4: So Nicholas still friends with some of the girls from her mother's group from Elliott's age, and the kids are still friends, but they only really catch up because mum, like the mums are catching up. Yeah, but I cant understand why. But it's like whatever the whole we don't know it's a boy or girl. I'm like, that's a bit silly because Marge would remember that. Yeah, yeah, and I've never had a girl called Dylan. Oh yeah, there were plenty of girls called Yeah, I never have I've never met mine. Well, not plenty, but there are certainly some. Yeah, okay, but they she can't work out whether it's a boy or girl because it's fish themed. They arrive as princesses and superheroes. His best friend is a dog, then, but it's a carrot cake. I thought you would have liked the kid that likes the carrokeke.
Speaker 2: Do we actually find out if Dylan? No, we never do. Did I like it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I thought it was weird on different levels, that whole gag.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought there's all was gross. It was not Martin. It should have been Muttin, right, you would think so if it was a very Martin codd, isn't it but so nice? It's like, what's up with that? But it's all carrot cakes actually can be quite nice. Yeah, yeah, And but but just taking his mouthful and smushing it back into the cupcake and then putting it back, and then they keep eating it and so moist. It's like, it's kind of gross.
Speaker 4: I see Carricter get a birthday party, though as the same way you'd see you. I know, these new shorts and shoes are practical, but I don't want it for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Right yeah? Well, heye. We just finished talking about toy story, the iconic toy story, one might say for the movie Guard with Moulton Davis watching it, it was hilarious. They're having the birthday party and he's got he's got bad sheets.
Speaker 4: Who invited that decad.
Speaker 2: Don Rickles alleged, I find myself just laughing.
Speaker 4: Mister Potato had the entire time. Mister Potato, it's just a prick. Absolutely he wants to kill Woody.
Speaker 2: If you know nothing about Don Rickles, by the way, just look into him. The guy was just's He was one of one of my favorite showbiz stories of all time. I don't know if ever Patima's on the recounted this on the on the shows, but he was tired with the like the RAPBA guys like Frank Sinatra and all. Yeah, And one night Rickles is having a restaurant having dinner with this woman and Frank Sinach comes in, and you know, you Knowatra was a pretty sort of high powered guy, kind of fearsome, connected, connected with the mob, but all that kind of stuff. And Rickles sort of goes to him and says, I'm here with this girl. I'm trying to impress her. If you could just come over and sort of show that you know me, you do really, I'll do really well here. Yeah, Don no worries at all. And he comes over. Don Frank, I'm busy right now, Like, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Frank would have appreciate it that Frank would appreciate that, all right, but yeah, so moist that that that gag is weird. The kids are now playing card Battleballs as we're discussing at the start, the Japanese card game based on a cartoon based on Agent Religion, based on candy bars. Yes, just makes digitmm looks like Pokemon. I always it's if you grew up in the nineties, mid to late nineties, you're a Pokemon kid. I never wasn't really any but your Pokemon kid. If you grew up, like if you were late nineties to mid two thousands, you were a digitmon kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, could you explain the difference to me and like very briefly in a way that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: I remember you were blown away when you realize that digitmond stands for digital monsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was wild.
Speaker 4: Pokemon stands for like pocket monsters. Right, Yes, oh cool, there you go. That is a different That's all there is. One is digital. One goes in your pocket. My digits going up all the time.
Speaker 2: Um, as I mentioned, been doing a little retail work, and I'm amazed at how you've got kids coming, Like, hey, get some Pogermonk cards and then you've got big dudes coming it gets the Pokemont cards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big deal to gain Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Car demands high only six at a time, all six, maybe.
Speaker 4: Said, because what happens is in the States they have them been like vending machines, and the scalpers just go there and just raid the entire machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not right.
Speaker 4: No, it's not right. We'll not stand for it. Butt likes the idea of this game. Homer is now arriving at a bank with a candy apple. Why is going to the bank.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We just needed him be arrested, that's all correct, And I don't know. Se puts the candy text, the bite, puts the candy apple on his pocket, walks in all of a sudden, he can't speak because it's all chewy and whatnot. And then they think he's trying to rob the bank.
Speaker 2: Did they visualize it enough that it looks like, I mean, the stick of the candy apple, this sort of looks like a gun. Just look like he's got his hand in his pocket.
Speaker 4: It's just like, but he's going to kill every hostage every Yeah, let's gets what he wants it wants a million a month. Bills just kept going and going.
Speaker 2: It went on a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they tase him, take his candy apple, and he's saying he wants to be tased again.
Speaker 2: Get him deep in the meat.
Speaker 4: It cuts him in the cutting him in court, he gets sentenced to one hundred hours of community service. He'd rather go to prison than serve the community. And then we cut to them at community service. Wighams on the phone to Sarah and just planting the seeds here that Wighams is lonely.
Speaker 1: So sweety, This community service details should end around five. You want to go to that seafood place. Ah, yeah, you got your buck club again. That thing sure meets a lot. You know, I've read that book. Maybe I could comment, Ah, right, right, right, not enough chairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got me wonderful a moment here is Sarah doing the dirty.
Speaker 4: Or is it actually just I reckon? She just doesn't want wigging around because it's like a turd time. Sure, Okay. The thing is, when you're a parent, you have very limited me time. Right, So when Nikola wants to go out with the girls, it's like you just go out with the girls I'm not going to invade that space. It's much like if I'm going to you know, movies have were made or whatever, and oh can I come to I'll be like, it's the only time where I get to like talk shit about you other than this podcast. But yeah, I can't see Sarah as someone that would do the dirty on Wigan.
Speaker 2: No, I just felt badroom and you can't go how about that seabook place because there's someone who was very much like I've got to go to restaurants, was like we should go out, and I'm like going, how about Diggers or this other.
Speaker 4: Place you still got to go?
Speaker 2: Diggaz is great man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, Steak every time I'm aware do a good steak.
Speaker 2: This is what makes me he's such a great boyfriend. I can imagine you said, I think we should only see other people, but they do it crazy, but Steak, we can stick to my room date. But the way he's so like we could check out that sheep who played like, oh he's putting in the effort. Yeah yeah, I was, Yeah, poor Clancy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do a good job of making you feel sympathetic for him here for sure. Then Homer's got lots of palms. Now, what's so a palmi or palm? What's palm?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing they're just crumbing everything. Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Sounds delicious? Palm anything?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, because yeah, when we think of like, yeah, chicken parmesana, it's usually just breaded right, I guess he's yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: They call they call chicken sticks or breaded chicken in England, okay, And it's not a it's not a normal meal. It's like you go to a public covered chicken slits of like, oh you don't want hickory chicken, and no hickory chicken is no crumbs, just skinless chicken breasts with barbecue sauce on it. I'd rather have a chicken parme if that's.
Speaker 2: You mean breaded chicken.
Speaker 4: And it explains why Nikola when she gets a PARMEI, she has to have barbecue parmies because that's the hickory chicken I think.
Speaker 2: I said, like when we lived in England back in seventy nine and the one of the first times we had fish and chips there, it was like this before after you saw Alec Guinness. No, this is before.
Speaker 4: These are the two main events of my my year in England. Look up hickory chicken. It doesn't look like the chicken I got at.
Speaker 2: The Is that an Americans version of hickory chicken? Because that's probably something from downs Oud Hickory sto uk.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't remember, no, because what I got was was it a place called Weatherspoons. That's like a supermarket, right, Oh that's a that's their version of like sporting Globe, that's right, yeah yeah. And it was icy your chicken. Yeah, no, that doesn't Is that there is that chicken barbecue saucing? Yeah, see it's got no skin on it, a skinless with just sauce. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love it. The logo a very sad looking barbecue chicken. It is very sad looking. But yeah, it's like, oh, this will be a little taste of home fish and chips. And I was like to deal with this fish and I was like, it's cod.
Speaker 4: Now, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like I guess I'm having chips.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's soggy, correct, yes, But and then.
Speaker 2: You know I was in at Havy Nichols and saw Aleganess and didn't say a word to him.
Speaker 4: Do you regret that he wouldn't want to be bother Woody one if he go away child. I think he would have said that.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would, but yeah, he also looked just looked like a guy who was just doing his arf and and shopping.
Speaker 4: But imagine you just looked up a him. He just sort of like this like without it just like broken down on the mind. He did like the force thing.
Speaker 2: This guy knows having that kind of powers. I would have gone, are you picking up some power? And then he would have said, get this young man out of the store.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, exactly, but yees so home has been arrested. He's in community service, and he's got these palms on community service.
Speaker 2: Multiple palms.
Speaker 4: Yes, And he says it, Sarah only does the palms on my birthday. When I do it, the puppy look and like this is me. And I'm like, okay, I really want Nicholas rosotto and I'll just drop the hint like you said you're cooking rosuta for dinner, right and Nicholas like I wasn't planning to. I'm like okay. She's like, do you want me to? I'm like, no, you want to? She's like.
Speaker 2: I thought they were alluding to sex, like I only get a certain thing on my birthday and that's a bit pitiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or it's pitiful that he's like he's not even getting sex, he's just he would rather food.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I could say Carolinamina, you know, she's just working on multiple levels. She is, indeed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Homer gives him is not sorry, Homer gives him one of his palms so it gives everyone else a shitty task to do, and says Homer can come sit with him and eat ye. By the way, here, it's pretty grim the gag here, the amount of ex soldiers who just end up homeless, pretty tragic. Oh yeah, yeah, no, great, not good at all. Go to warm, come back and be like, we don't need you anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Yeah, we should thank you for your service. Yes.
Speaker 4: Homan then sits out the picnic table and he's having to bite with with Wigham and Krusty calls him the teacher's pet, and I think he said somebody's cocaine. I think he says, there's cocaine in there, got your nose his nose off, that's right, there's cocaine in there. How howl was am?
Speaker 2: I meant to do this work.
Speaker 4: Wighim and Homer bond over being fat. He gets his underwear especially made in Ukraine. Daddy round round?
Speaker 2: What it is? Daddy roundround?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he asked to hang out for a beer afterwards, and he's always hasn't He's like, oh, oh, do you want to hang out for a beer? And then you can't believe that Homer agrees. We're now at Cora's Diner and all the cocks the.
Speaker 2: Cox well, actually funny, funny you mentioned that because but prior to that, Yeah, they've got the whole thing where home is on the bus and that's all this very much? Is he looking? Oh look back? And this is again It made me right down. Wait what's this now? Uppers are up, offers areway way up. Now, his spirits are up. It could be something else, Carol and me, multiple levels, but anyway, you're ruined my script, mister Davis, your innuendos. Yeah, so you're the one coming up with a dirty double on dundrous.
Speaker 4: Baby butt Corra's Diner and all the cooks there are x cons and they're getting the second chance, spitting in the food and whatnot. Yeah, this is where Homie gets invited because he gets a phone or something's happening, says home, he can come along with me. Said, this is what it must be like to be a pregnant lady, because i'man cops most rushed women to the hospital, I guess, or yeah.
Speaker 2: Or you're in the back of an ambulance or something. You get to run red lights and sort of break the speed limit.
Speaker 4: I remember when Nicola her water broke and I was like, this is the one time in my life I can do like one hundred on the highway and the cop I can dry.
Speaker 2: You realize you can do one hundred on highway just about any time.
Speaker 4: I mean just here seventy yeah, yeah, yeah, not the highway, the Geelong Yes Highway. And I remember I was always wanting a cop to see me, but no cops saw me. I was just like, I'm like, no one's gonna stut me.
Speaker 2: There's some young punk cop to pull you over.
Speaker 4: You're like, my why back practice, I was thinking in my head, if you're driving your pregnant wife to the hospital and cops up putting the lights on, do you just drive to the hospital knowing that well, I'm going to get off anyway. She needs to get to the hospital. Just have them chase you to the hospital or door do you pull over? I think I would have just kept driving to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, except want if you get something over zealous cop is kind of like we got to do nineteen and the next thing.
Speaker 4: Sending in RoboCop.
Speaker 2: Come quietly or there will be trouble. That's a great line.
Speaker 4: Come quietly or there will be trouble.
Speaker 2: You're a move Greep went out of school.
Speaker 4: And Nelson says that Ralph has the platinum Lava Genie, which I'm assumming is just like the equivalent of like a holographic charizard. I rememb there's like a charge card. It's a holographic or something like a shiny one. And if you had that, it's like you ran the school yard.
Speaker 3: Yes, eximption, I think you got all the best battleball cards. We'll stink again, smell wine. Rulph William's got a platinum love a Genie. How to pull up like you get a great card like that?
Speaker 2: My not dead grandma sent it from Tokyo. Ralph. I will play you for that card.
Speaker 5: Okay, but if I win, you have to teach me how to play this game deal, sir, I think something's going down, something big.
Speaker 4: Could that be some sort of narcotics transaction?
Speaker 2: What are you asking me for? I see you're impressed.
Speaker 4: By my costume for the school's annual drug awareness assembly.
Speaker 2: So am I getting raised?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: No, we're gonna put sugar in his coffee. As you're saying, you like that, it's probably shut the window. Then humbad does check on himself in the car. I must have been I would be curious about this. Ye, yes, I mean I've got a few misdemeanors you know, in the in the file probably and they all old news.
Speaker 2: But broad what else?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, impersonating little case of murder, little murder. No, it was manslaughter.
Speaker 4: One go down to man.
Speaker 2: That's right, Man's a load of one. Gay Davis a joke. I don't know what I was. It's to make sense. It's all in the delivery, it exactly. But yeah, I mean who among us would not if you had the opportunity to look at your permanent record, as they say, and wipe it clean.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told you about the time I was at boarding school and you know, a friend and I were sort of acting up in class or something. And we got pulled aside by this mass teacher was a real preck and he said to my the other guys, you're on the verge of getting a reputation. And then he pointed me and said, you've already got a reputation. So I'm like, wait a minute, me, guy Davis, But it wouldn't melt in my mouth what you're talking about. Then I realized actually saying these things then was probably why you've already got one?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Why did he did it at lunchtime?
Speaker 2: But it's always really brazy because I mean, I think everyone thinks themselves as essentially a decent person, not someone who breaks the rules.
Speaker 4: You don't one reputation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what that they've got stuff written about you? Will they talk about you in the star room while they have enough cig in in the starf rooms, Like what.
Speaker 4: That Davis kid, he's so high and min he goes a Bobby.
Speaker 2: God damn anyway, but yes, we would all check out permanent record.
Speaker 4: Yes, But then he sets the umbrella out in himself by accident, so he changes it to Mo who's unfortunately carrying a cake.
Speaker 2: He's about to be a victim of mob justice. Yeah, then Homer takes. He takes Amber.
Speaker 4: Alert is it's pretty much where it's like, drop everything, you have to get this guy right. Oh yeah, but it signifies the kidnapping of a child. Oh I didn't realize that. Okay, yep. So then he takes homing to his favorites. The name my favorite porn stuff. It's not true, but Google's Amber Alert.
Speaker 2: There was a porn Sunday Miranda Rights, which I thought was great.
Speaker 4: That's a great name.
Speaker 2: It is good. If there is one called Amber Alert, I think that'd be great.
Speaker 4: So he takes home to his favorite place in the whole world. It is where he explains this civilians are scared of us and other cops remind us I thinks would rather forget.
Speaker 2: But he's really sort of opening up about other things as well. Did me say something about do you worry that the shun dishappears at Nate or something like that or yeah? I was like no, yeah, but everyone, I mean, that's a ludicrous example of something. But yeah, it can be childish things, yeah, but it could be very bracing to sort of open up about your deepest thoughts, fears, feelings, et cetera. And hopefully you know it's like, hopefully this person will understand even if they don't necessarily. Oh, I don't feel that way, but I have something similar. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's kind of sweet. But Snake is in the back. He's been it for ten hours and he's now being charged with burglary and spoiling the moment. Then Skinner and Charma's core margin. They tell her they think Bart is dealing drugs, which I like her theory, but he doesn't have the math skills. I didn't think it was funny. And then they hear she hears the boys in Bart's room. You don't really know how to roll on Bart because they're playing the battle balls, of course, and let me listen out of context, and he refers to the balls as products and whatnot, and they're reported and Maggie is randomly just throws the block into her throat. She chokes on a block like Maggie like, he throws a block at Margin that goes in her throat and she chokes. It's weird ends the scenes lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna choke that up to William right, he's just from the metal in the script. He just he fuck with.
Speaker 4: Maybe because he doesn't have his own wiki. Patier, maybe he doesn't exist. But like now when they question her, like that was Williant was he's got.
Speaker 2: A real Carolyn. Men, now you've done it again.
Speaker 4: Yes, William and Homer are now watching the sunset. This is where this is what Sorry, I've jumped ahead a bit, doesn't come back up, so it goes down or he did worry it's never going to come back after it goes down, and he discusses Ralph and then he's like one of the bed but's him what a superman kills everybody. There's the kind of question that Ralph asks him. Then Luke calls because there's an he doesn't say what it is, but it's an armed robbery. Eventually it's an ard robbery, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I like this line though from do you need back up or do you want back that's great? That does spoil the moment.
Speaker 4: They arrest the mob.
Speaker 2: They call them mob.
Speaker 4: Mobsters, yeah, robbers robbers, and there's Jimmy tight lips. He shoots Wigham though, but luckily he was wearing a bulletproof vest, or so he thought. Looks in the car and it's hanging in the car window. And then we come up a commercial. Were now in the hospital and it's touch and go there the left lung field with Shamrock Shake and McDonald's din't even seldom this year. Then Home of Comforts Sarah. He says, nowhere else stay with him until he recovers, and he just does.
Speaker 2: Literally. Maybe Sarah should be there.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's just look after Ralph, I guess, but we never see her there? Do we don't worry. Don't worry, Sarah, I'll look after your husband. But he reads him the what does he read menus? Yes, and he's playing cards and your cheats and whatnot. And then he gets a get well card from the Ukraine people that make his underwear. They're watching Krusty. Then Homer Police for him to wake up, and just as he does, he's homes the first person he sees lou then a rise with flowers because he missed a wake up, that's what he counts. He yells at him, who's been sleeping on the couch all that time? Yeah, and then asked to go see his families. That can I do it? And Wigham lays on the guilt. Up Here's like, oh, I guess you can live your life and and that that I saved. Oh man, that's the thing. If someone saves your life, it's like I kind of owe you everything. Yeah yeah, But how how much do you allow that person to have that over you? I mean probably forever, because you wouldn't be without them. But I think like if you in a situation where a cop saved you, you were just it's this, you'd have this love for them.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: It's probably something they do. It's like they say, it's a big deals, like I do this every day, but it's like, no, I'm here because you saved me.
Speaker 2: Sure absolutely. I was working on a story that no, no, I should probably get back to because I thought the central idea was all right about a guy who had a friend who had this friend had saved our main guy's live but always held it over him in petty little ways, and the guy eventually decided to kill his friend because it's like, I can't live like this anymore.
Speaker 4: Us something from the Twilight Zone. Oh the irony, but he gets having to stick around, like final stick around. He asked him to read a story that he has written with an imaginary meeting between Babe Bruce and Hitler, but no, mention of baseball or Germany.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Marge's then looking for drugs in Bart's room. She looks into babushka dolls that she has the itchy powder and she cuts over and all the stuff toys. Then Bart finds her, Oh finally, maybe my room cool. There was a real animal, yes, and he says she said that you were a drug o and he says, no, I'm not a drug o, not until at least raised my allowance. And in the basement I was getting higher scores unbattaball. Then Marge gets hooked on it because she thinks they're cute, and Bart flushes them down the toilet.
Speaker 2: Not even hooked on him. She just says, oh, these are nice.
Speaker 4: He's a nice yet, oh, forget this one toilet you can handle Daddy can handle this. And how he complains to the guys that Moris about how needy Wigham's being. Wigham arrives all jealous.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well so this is the Saint almost fiery union that Andrew McCarthy himself was gone to attend.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I like, but you've been so needy, I'm hungry, I'm itchy. That's not my blood type. Yeah yeah, yeah, oh oh, what have we here?
Speaker 1: Huh world's worst friend? Hey man, you planted that it's your word against the chief of police. Take him away, buys.
Speaker 2: Chief being a bad friend isn't against the law. Well, if it was, he'd be getting the chair. You you all would. Bad friend, bad friend, bad friend.
Speaker 4: I'm now watching Stosky and Hotch. Everything's reminding him of Wigham, Gee Robinson, the Pig's eight and whatnot. But lou and Eddie haven't seen him for quite a while. They come to see Homer, like, have you seen him? I know? So Hammer has no idea, but he must go alone, and it's the.
Speaker 2: Coast full of printed breads, still from work.
Speaker 4: Then he arrives with a thirty two piece bucket of chicken. I can't remember the last time I bought a bucket of chicken from KFC. I'm a burger guy or a tenders. The actual chicken is too greasy for.
Speaker 2: Me a little bit. Yeah, and sometimes there's not enough meat on the.
Speaker 4: Booth, and I just I can't now stomach the idea of eating skin. I know, like it's the best I know, it's the best bit I know when I get you know kcs again, I'm like, eat the skin because like now the idea of I'm eating skin makes my skin crawl skin. It's skin.
Speaker 2: This is skin, not a skin. I don't know, I just I don't.
Speaker 4: I love the tenders and whatever, not not the skin, the skin. But then he sees the mob and they're making canterfit clothes. What is the brand? It's cost Little Crocodile. We discussed this before we recorded. It's like, because they're planning on taking this to the more before the the summer sail starts. It's like, do stores do this because most of those ships made in China anyway, I wouldn't have big summer sales. Do they just make really poor quality ship and disguise it as the high quality stuff?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I mean one of the things when I watched that movie House of Gucci a few years ago, something that I found really interesting was about it that, you know, high end brands like Gucci will actually produce their own knockoffs because the knockoff market is so big. It's like, yeah, we won't put as much effort in this, but you know we'll still get our cut from it. It's like that's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Whatever happened to those videos, you know, when Trump first did the tariffs and China's like, hey, boys, do you know we actually make this shit over in China for like a tenth of the price you can buy direct from US.
Speaker 2: I just remember my my favorite guy who was doing the loom. I've tried to find the China Jana Jane Jana. Can I try and tell Nickel it this China, China, China guy and no, Whally show me the video. I can't find it anywhere.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: Whenever I hear someone say China, like ginu, it's the hands. I don't realize he actually has Trump so he actually does this all the time. Like I've been watching some things with him. It's just like he always does the hang oh yeah, and the dance like going on. This is such a strange time, a UFC on the White House lawn. We're in indiocracy.
Speaker 2: It's so strange. It is so strange.
Speaker 4: And someone said our tweet saying, remember when everyone went ape ship because Obama wore a tan suit in the White House and you will see whatever on the White House on the front of the White House lawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I just have to get machines out the self the weapon, he thinks is drawn to the mob. He's got a piece of chicken. When they say the weapon is loaded with twelve original herbs and spices, it's eleven, right, eleven herbs and spices, the real real CAFC Oh, yeah at eleven right?
Speaker 2: That sounds about right. Let's double check that though, because they say twelve do that? How have they never figured this out?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: It puzzles me to no end. Surely they've figured it out in KFC, have just paid like NDA's right to not release it.
Speaker 2: Well, you see so many YouTube videos or things I'd say, here are the eleven herbs and spot.
Speaker 4: It must be the way they cook it, or maybe it's what they cook it in.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But no matter what it is, it never it never comes out the same as KFC.
Speaker 2: No, it never does. But then, well the first thing comes up when you type eleven herbs, it's eleven herbs and spices. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the home and we're going out in the trunk and they make up here, Hamer says, you know you'll think of a way out.
Speaker 2: I have faith.
Speaker 4: Faith is what doesn't exist. Your awesomeness is realized you're saying, which is a great line. He changes the CD in the boot. This took me back. Remember the old CD change in the boot? I wrote Darren patron Saint. He had a car had like a you know, eight CD stacker in the boot. It was like we could take eight albums on this character.
Speaker 2: I was like, holy shit, and yeah, I just have to push a button. I don't have to take a tape out of the deck or anything like that.
Speaker 4: What cy want number three?
Speaker 2: Okay? Darren?
Speaker 4: Lord fat Tony then asked for ominous music, but he gets which song.
Speaker 2: It's at seventeen by Janze Maudland song and kind of bullshit as well. I mean it feels like it's someone that I don't know how old gen Zine was when she wrote it, but it feels like a kind of song you would write. At seventeen was like my boyfriend broke up with me. Yeah, well love is not really so hard, Yeah, love is not real love.
Speaker 4: Louie then opens up the boot because you're gonna tear the city. Just take her a new one, and they spray with fix a flap which would hurt, and Homer uses a Tirerine actually didn't mind this another ego. This sort of slidifies your theory double long tondre.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you do the or. It was a reaction that the town mournate anything to do with the directions.
Speaker 4: Lou then calls in their friendship into the next Now the flame is not as bright, but it will last longer.
Speaker 2: That was nicely poetic.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he advised to chop it to a noise some people with a spotlight, and you know who they're going to go to. It's Flanders, Yes, and they prepare to be raptured and make him shovel with his mustache and drinking a glass of cold coco or something nice cold coco, and montage of photos over the credits, and yeah, that's the end for the most part.
Speaker 2: I stuck the landing. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: It's an original story that I was surprised hadn't been done yet, and it was a fun.
Speaker 2: Ride I can't recall too. I mean, of course they've done sort of male friendship episodes with Homer and Flanders, but yeah, I thought this was a nice, nice spin.
Speaker 4: On it because they would have a lot in common. You would think, I'm remembered absolutely. Yeah, Yeah, and I liked it that they didn't try to go back to the status quo where it's like, well I'm the cup now and you're the civilian. It's like, no, they're going to be friends. Sure, yea.
Speaker 2: What do we learn bomb? All right?
Speaker 4: What did you learn from the episode, mister Davis?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh that if you want to avoid a fatal gunshot wound, just load up on shamrock shake. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well his left lung was filled with it. What is a shamrock shake?
Speaker 2: That's maccus does it? I think they do it around Saint Patrick's daytime. And it's just a green shake. It's just green food dye in it. Pretty much. It'sila.
Speaker 4: It's the same sheep, but put a clock in it.
Speaker 2: With green food died. I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I don't think it's got any special flavor or anything like that. But gamrockshake. Yep, Yes, I learned.
Speaker 4: I learned to always have a spare seat at a book club.
Speaker 2: Nice for the dude. From forward, your names will be.
Speaker 4: It is now time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship. The current leader board stands at this in first position. We have Philip J. Hawkins on twenty four points, in second position Clever Kyle on fifteen points, Kyl Muldoon and in third position Nathan Briggs on thirteen points. Take it away, is this contest over? We don't know calling it, we're calling it rough. That doesn't stop you from bringing a new name the result. It's it's more about the journey than the destination show except the Phillip J.
Speaker 2: Hawkins who was just like, I'm here already, bitches. But one point goes to crush Hour.
Speaker 4: That would be Heath Applebee, what on Heath?
Speaker 2: Other?
Speaker 4: One point that puts down three for this season.
Speaker 2: Indeed, crush Hour a play on rush Hour.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen any of them?
Speaker 2: First one not that great, second one pretty good? Okay, Yeah, apparently they're making rush Hour four because you want more. Yeah, you know you know who the guy who likes the UFC on the on the front the front lawn is like making another rush Hour movie. There's good movies, agreed, starring seventy year old Jackie cham Boy. Two points goes to Bros Before Dope Nuts Brigsy Nathan Briggs on two points. He now puts him to equal second on fifteen with Clever Khail much much like you Carolyn Amine and her multi level scripts. That's a gag. That's actually you know, it's like Bros before and then it's you know, but it's also like a doughnuts, which is the cop thing because you know, with the best jokes and ones, you have to explain it doing a really good job. But then he also put in the doll. I'm surprised this didn't get three points, but it only got two points. Sorry, Brigsy.
Speaker 4: By the way, this one here, I've called it before. Right, they can Breeze and clever Carle they both get they get four straight three pointers. They can still win this a little bit, all right.
Speaker 2: You gotta be like Wemby see the three point ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, he's one that like, he's like the man for the Spurs. He's the premiantis he's the one I know now these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and because a lot of fun go pops of Wemby about there, one point goes to cops and sobs three points. Was it three points? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it's at one point three points. It goes to Mike Salter on Mike, he's now in twelve points. He's coming out as well. Nice Work's alday it's insultant as well. Yes, thank you guys for all of your support here. If you want to be part of the Guy Davis Newnan Championship, just got to be a supporter like these guys by supporting us on Patreon. Don't forget to keep sending your questions through for the next mail bag. It is mail bag at four fr discount dot com, dot a. You would love to hear from each and every single one of you. He keeps sending your reviews through on Apple and Spotify check us five stars. It is much appreciated. But for now, mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there
Speaker 2: Well listeners and Dando, your awsomeness is real.