Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre, and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me.
Speaker 3: St.
Speaker 4: Sixteen, So that just well, your ass is mind.
Speaker 1: You're going to acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: What is going on everyone?
Speaker 4: And welcome to another main event review today, this one airing on the thirteenth of February.
Speaker 2: And I guess a lot to get through this week.
Speaker 4: Hopefully everyone had a good Valentine's Day. Those who were alone or with someone, hopefully they enjoyed. Nevertheless, and yeah, I think with Wrestlmania coming around the corner, a lot of things happening on SmackDown, a lot of things happening on Raw, and I guess it's getting translated into main event as well.
Speaker 2: And two good matches actually to review today.
Speaker 4: We had Maxine dupri coming up against Zoey Stark and then later on Penta taking on Grayson Waller, and before I guess reviewing that second match, there's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: That are concerned.
Speaker 4: I've seen on the internet that Penta is getting a main event match. People were obviously thinking that he's not going to be pushed and getting on the main event card is has quoted a downgrade to his story. But I think what people got to understand is that when you want you into the WWA, when you're starting to get your kind of character across, there are times where you need to make an appearance.
Speaker 2: On main events.
Speaker 4: So Penter being on main event for everyone's concerns, if there are any that are listening to the podcast, I don't see there being any concerns for him moving forward. I just think that he was booked in for at least one main event match just to I guess, hype the crowd up for those that probably don't know about his run outside of ww to better understand him and see how he performs in the ring. And yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned. I think that Penter w We've got a lot of plans for Penta.
Speaker 2: We have to.
Speaker 4: Understand that he was literally the iron man of this year's Roll Rumble, and there is a window of opponents that are needed for bron Breaker, and you've seen that Vinte's over raw, So I think that Penta is going to be more than okay, and I don't think there is nothing to worry about there. But for me personally, it's good to it's actually to be able to review a match with Penta on main event, and especially coming up against the Aussie icon Grayson Waller, who I've mentioned in the past that he is probably the most accurate representation of an Australian as I've ever seen on in WWE.
Speaker 2: So credit to the.
Speaker 4: Guy, and you probably all love to hate him, and that's what makes his character quite fascinating and what I love to see because he, yeah, he cherishes those Australian values that, yeah, they don't look good in in WWE, but I guess the sarcasm, the confidence, and especially his accent and the way he goes about things I kind of like. So yeah, I love to see Australian representation. As you can probably all aware, who doesn't like to see their own in the bigger stages of the world, whether it's in sports or in celebrity things or music or WWE, which is basically what I'm talking about here, But just wanted to clear that up before we get into it. And also there are a few things that happened on SmackDown a week prior so just to quickly address.
Speaker 2: We had the Charlotte Flair promo.
Speaker 4: With Tiffany Stratten and just want to get that one out the way because it happened last but last week, and there was obviously a new episode that came out.
Speaker 2: She was obviously speaking with Tiffany.
Speaker 4: Stratton basically saying that she is a child, and then we get her ultimately choosing tiff in my opinion, which was like the weirdest way possible. I already said that I would have preferred her to go up against Riar Ripley, and I know that everything was pointing towards these two going out at WrestleMania, So I'm not surprised with the decision because of I guess more majority of the people already thought this. But the way they kind of went about it, by her just being on the stage, on the ring, on the floor and Charlotte coming and sitting for chance saying tif, I choose you, She's pretty weird because I don't think they built it up that much for her to make that decision. It just came out out of nowhere. But I guess we're getting a charltt Tiffany Strata match, and I suspect that this is going to make Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Elevate a bit.
Speaker 4: I was looking for the word elevate a bit in her superstar status because Charlotte is obviously at the probably back end of her career. She's done enough in WWE, so this might be a way to push Tiffany Stratten over. And if that's the case, then got to respect Charlotte for pushing over the new and upcutting talent. And also she clearly shows that ww have massive plans for Tiffany Stratton and rightly so, because she's well over at the moment.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just wanted to address that because they did add the.
Speaker 4: Main Event segment. They did add a main event segment or SmackDown segment on Main Event for this episode, and this is the annoying part for me personally. I just that's why I don't like that they come out on Sundays, because if they are going to release the main Event show on Sunday, they should really address the latest SmackDown rather than the SmackDown before. All of yous already get the content from Amanda and from Matt as well, so just resurfacing that content with news that's over a week ago just seems a bit pointless. But just thought i'd mention that, and I guess my take on what's going to happen with those two.
Speaker 2: Exciting to see that.
Speaker 4: Yes, as mentioned that Tivny is going to be getting a push and Charlott's looking to elevate younger superstars, so I liked the direction there for a match. I did obviously prefer rear Ripley and Charlotte, I guess because they're won one at WrestleMania and that would be a good rubber match, and I feel like that feud would be a bit more exciting. There's more to it, but I understand the direction there and I'm not surprised. But anyway, we will move on to the first match of the main event, which has mentioned was Maxine dupri ends we start as we start getting the victory here, no PFC, no Sonya Deville, so that was obviously confirmed last week As mentioned that Sonya Deville is not going to have a place in ww anymore, and it seems as though SHANEA Bezons always stuck us still together. The win was caused by a distraction from SHANEA Blazer who watched the leg on the ring from Maxine Debris, so got a bit lucky that she was able to do it the second time. But from there, Maxine Debris I did a nice rolling sent on, which, to be honest, was actually really cool. Like I was actually really impressed with the move. I think she executed the cent on extremely well, but it obviously went to a downfall because always Stark ended up putting her finish and getting the victory.
Speaker 2: The match itself was a pretty solid match. Alpha Academy have become.
Speaker 4: I guess the main event staples here as mentioned before, being the entertainment.
Speaker 2: Before the raw show there. But yeah, I guess a good match.
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure what they're going to do for the two, but I'd love to see get a bit more ring time, whether it's in the main event or under night Row, because it feels like she never she's never wrestling, and today.
Speaker 2: She really did well.
Speaker 4: I think this loss doesn't put her or the elevate her de escalate her in any way. I think this is just a message to say that despite Sonya Deville not being in WW anymore, they still believe in Zobe Stark and Chaina Beza.
Speaker 2: They may be a tag team.
Speaker 4: Still, or they may go their separate ways, but I think both of them as hell tag teams can be something good for the tag team division, and with Maxine Duprie, I think they need to start pushing her a bit more because when I first started seeing he wrestle last year, you could sell she didn't seem to have a lot of confidence. She felt very raw. But as she's grown into this character, especially since Chad Gable left and was obviously turning heel and bullying on them, she's sparked up a lot of confidence and you can see that in ring as well. Obviously she's not taking victories because those like little spurts happen in like two three minute periods and then she ends up getting dominated anyway. But I do like what I'm seeing with Maxine dupre and I would love to see more see how she comes up against other opposition, and hopefully she gets some time on Monday Night Raw. Like Otis and Chad Gable not getting their kind of their program, I really would like to see Ivy Noyle and Maxine dupre get a proper program. I feel like that's something that can happen long term, because I feel as though that that hasn't really been fully addressed as well.
Speaker 2: Ivy now was.
Speaker 4: I think turning on Maxine Depre simply to join a alfak. I'm sorry, American mate, and they haven't really addressed that properly. I feel like that's a storyline that can get Maxine Depre elevated to where I think she can be in the future, So hopefully that will happen in the future. But no complaints about the match, with some good moves, just that small botch from Shanna Bezer, but other than that pretty solid display there. We then get a small SmackDown segment. Again, this was before the latest recording the SmackDown of Solo returning and attacking Cody Rhoads, and then this was addressed the week after in like the most strangest way when Cody Rhodes said, like, I feel like that spike wasn't for me, So why the hell would Solo spike Cody Roads. Then if it wasn't for Cody Rhoads, it was clearly for someone else, which we obviously now suspect that it's something to do with Jacob Fattu. Why the hell has Solo attacked Cody Rhoads.
Speaker 2: And again.
Speaker 4: Another just ridiculous thing where we've seen a feud happen for over three months and we feel as though it's over. And then the next week we get Cody Rhoads getting attacked by Solo. We had had this with Drew McIntyre and see him punk having promos post Hell in the Sale. We even had rear Ripley getting attacked by liv Morgan and Rocca Rodriguez, Like are these feuds dead or they want to continue.
Speaker 2: Going with the feuds?
Speaker 4: And I see where Triple A is coming from and the and the storyline creators coming from here, Like just because the feud's over doesn't mean there is no dislike towards each other. But I guess we get tired of the same feuds all all and again. And like for Solo's return to be attacking Cody Rhodes, to me just didn't it didn't make sense at all, And even especially when he pulls a promo and Cody says, I don't think that spike was for me. It just yeah, it just didn't make sense. But we did see what's going on there. We saw rumblings of what could happen between Fatou and Solo. I'm suspecting a WrestleMania fight between the two far too obviously being extremely over at the moment, even he's getting now far too chance. He's looking to be the next big thing, and this starts with I think a solo fight at WrestleMania. Now, what I will say is that I don't mind Fatu moving face. But what I do mind is if Fatu starts becoming sucky with the crowd. I think that Fatu can remain the same intimidating person that doesn't like anyone, but he doesn't necessarily have to be a babyface. He can be loved by the crowd for his attitude and still have attitude against everyone face or hell. So I really hope they stay put with his character. I don't think he needs to be a baby face in that aspect. He can be cheered, he can be loved because he actually deserves it. He's well over and he's incredible in the ring. He's also incredible on the mic, so I can understand that point. But I don't want Fatu then to start going how much he loves the fans and how much he brought him out of jail and all these things, like, no, let's just make Fatu and keep him how he is. He can pick whoever he wants to fight against, whether it's a face or a heel, but just keep far too authentic because what I'm simply asking for. And we did see at the end Solo accidentally spiking Tamatonga, so we've already got some tensions there. Fatu is not going to be happy that he didn't get his elimination chamber spot due to that distraction. It was a good way for WW to protect him. We would have loved to see him in the chamber causing havoc, but the truth of the matter is that he was not going to win anyway even if he was in the chamber.
Speaker 2: And I think Damien.
Speaker 4: Priest does deserve it despite not really doing much or there's not much really plans for him going forward, but since he did win the World Heavyweight Championship last year, he does deserve a place in the Royal Rumbles, So that's good again. Fatou and Solo WrestleMania would be saying super exciting, and I think it's the best way for Solo to kind of make an impact since he's pretty much lost all the important matches and must win matches, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon, especially with the likes of Fattuo. You don't want so fatuus first loss being against being against Solo. There cool, and then we move on to Raw where we have Jay Usso again doing his ten minute victory entrance. Seems to be the case for every show, which is which I'm not complaining about.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really fond of it.
Speaker 4: The fans are gone crazy, but they did a really good job here in interrupting it with Gunfer pulling him off the table and giving him two power bombs and attacking him, and we get security clearing up.
Speaker 2: He walks out of the ring. Jay Us grabs the mic.
Speaker 4: And basically tells us everything that we already knew that he wants Gunfa at WrestleMania. So that was such a big surprise. It wasn't We all knew that this was going to happen. So I think I'm extremely disappointed. I'll be honest in both ways to announce who they're fighting up against restlemented as in I'm talking about Charlotte Flair and Jay Husso. I would have rather it be a bit more suspenseful, especially the Charlotte Flair one't because there was an opportunity for both for both bookings to be good, but with jay us I guess this is probably the only way that they could have done it, really, but now it seems as though that Guansha is just going to make ja USO's life a living hell. And as mentioned, we do need new stars to be put over and to highlight WrestleMania, but that doesn't mean that I want Juice jay Uso to have his kind of WrestleMania moment this year, like the likes of Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan in the past, and Kovie Kingston. As I mentioned last year, I do think GANSA still has a lot to give as champions, and I still think they can run this back next year as well, so hopefully they do. It will make the story a lot more interesting. It will continue to fight up put the narrative that jay Uso is not good enough to be a main eventor and to win gold. So one more year of that I don't think will hurt. But I guess WW can be really impatient and they might have to ride with this this heat that jay Usa is getting, so let's see what happens. I'm very keen for that one, and I'm going to be very patient and very interested and locked into this feud because I think that's where you have to be as a fan. We can complain, we can make our points, and we can say that we prefer these to prefer that, But in the end, the best way and the best things to do is to trust the process. Understand that Triple H has a plan and an idea, trust that and hopefully they can deliver. And most of the time I see that we always complain about stuff, we want stuff differently, but we end up getting over it and moving on anyway. So hopefully we get a good booking here. If not, I guess we'll have to just see what they do after that and we'll have to forget about it real quick. We then get to our second match of the main event, and that was Penta going up against the Aussie icon Grays and Waller, and as I mentioned at the start, a lot of you guys were obviously concerned of Penta being on the main event, but that entrance, he's not going to be there for long because he had a massive pop. It really felt like I was watching a raw match, not a main event match. With the atmosphere, people were clearly excited to see Penta. The crowd was feeling it, and I think going forward, I wouldn't mind to see stars of that colorber go on main event just to hype up the crowd a little bit more, because that was really good. There was a lot of a lot of atmosphere, The crowd was electric, and you could see that he has made for big things in WWA. Maybe not World champion and ship things at the moment, but definitely mid card belts is something that Pender should be in the conversations about and in the bookings for for sure.
Speaker 2: And yet this.
Speaker 4: Match, Pent obviously getting the victory here, had no doubts, no questions about that on his main event debut due to the and there was win by the Penter Driver.
Speaker 2: But before that we had the Aussie.
Speaker 4: Icon, which is what I'm going to call him because he is one accidentally hit Austin theory, and that's going to be something to go through into the triple threat match for the NFT Championship with Oberfemi, and hopefully, hopefully they split these two guys up, because they've been hyping this since post WrestleMania that they were going to split up and they still haven't done it yet. I'm not sure whether what's going to happen after that, But clearly Austin Theory was someone that was highly pushed before getting a a victory against Johnson at WrestleMania, and there just needs to be a push for him. He is young, he's upcoming, Grayson older, Waller's on the older side. He can definitely help elevate Austin Theory to another level. But they really shouldn't be They really shouldn't be there together, and I'm getting tired of seeing them together because it just feels like it's not helping either of them. It makes Grayson Waller looks worse, it makes Austin.
Speaker 2: Theory look a lot worse.
Speaker 4: If I'm honest, despite my bias towards the Aussie icon, I have to say that since Austin Theory has been with Grace and Waller, he hasn't really done much or shown anything or there's no indication that there are any plans for him. He's young, he's hungry, he can wrestle, he's extremely strong, he's got the confidence he can easily do something better here. And I feel like Grayson Waller can potentially be the next Miss if possible, I could see him definitely having that Grayson Waller effects show happen more often, because I think it's great that they have those shows, those segments with certain shows, and the Grayson Waller effect is one perfect example. And maybe one day he wins a mid card cheating and holds it on for a bit, or my dreams is that he becomes a world champion by winning the money in the bank and holding holding the belt for a bit, not getting the most patriotic victories. But again, these two need to split up. Hopefully that happens, and the n XT I'll be keeping an eye out for that one for sure. But again, this is about Penta. This is about Pent's elevation, his main event, getting his main event debut out the way, and I suspect we won't see him here much often, but hopefully WW can see that when you put a superstar of that colib Onto main event, you still get some energy from the crowd and some hype and I definitely did see that, and it was great to see him wrestle as well. Both excellent in ring. Grayson Waller was pretty solid as well. I think they worked really well together in this match, and after the match, I am an NFL fan despite being from Australia, so I do know who George Kittle is. Tight end for the forty nine ers and a massive WW fan and a good funny bloke overall. I had him on Fantasy last year as well for those that had that, do play NFL Fantasy. But he gets into the ring celebrating with Penta. Obviously him and Austin Theory went back and forth during the match, but it would have been cool to see maybe George Kittle for former move on him. But nevertheless, he comes in and he celebrates with Penta in what was a good match. Definitely got me hyped up and the crowd obviously were hyped up there too. So for those that upset that Penter was on the main event, I disagree completely. I think he's going to be fine and it's great to see him on there, and especially for myself being.
Speaker 2: Able to review that as well.
Speaker 4: Then we get the main event of Monday Night Raw, So back on Raw, which is the Iliminess Chamber of Qualifying match between Ray Mastereo and Logan Paul. Logan Paul getting the victory here, which was something that I could have told you before, and yeah, Logan Paul looking good. He's getting a lot of booze at the moment, which I think is rightly so because he is a ship bloke so from my language, but he is. But at the same time, he is naturally athletic and he's doing a fantastic job in WWE. He's extremely talented. He's impressed me in his ring, his abilities, he's athleticism, his charisma, it makes perfect for this, for this type of business what he's doing. And he does have a wrestling background. He's he's done wrestling in high school. He clearly knows what it's like to be on a big stage. So no complaints for Logan Paul as a superstar, and the fact of the matter is he's not playing charactery that this is who he is. He is that type of person, so there's no surprises there. He's getting a lot of heat by WW obviously pushing him for maybe business related reasons and also the ability for.
Speaker 2: Him to get that exposure as well.
Speaker 4: So he'll be in the elimination Chamber match, which was no surprise. And as for Ray Missterio, they didn't show it in raw or in main event, but the New Day end up attacking him after the match, so there might be some stuff there with Raymisterio. We had Dragonly helping him out, which was obviously suspected, but the New Day showing their heel prowess and actually finally doing something for once, and they.
Speaker 2: Finally got a program for him.
Speaker 4: It doesn't seem for them, sorry, it doesn't seem as though Big He's coming back anytime soon, but nevertheless a program that is worthwhile watching. And what better than having Raymisterior, a veteran presence, a locker room leader, be the one to kind of kickstart in what hopefully is a new run for The New Day, a nice he'll run because they look to be a very good heel partnership at the moment, and I like what I'm seeing from them. I like their promos, I like their attitude, and it's something refreshing to see a new change, and especially for Ko for Kofee's sake as well, because we obviously knew that Zavie Woods was going to turn heel. It was a long time over due, but Kofi going into this role and embracing it just makes it a whole lot better. And yeah, very keen to see what will happen there. But other than that, an overall really good main event, probably the best main event episode that I've reviewed so far, especially with Penta and even with Maxi and Deprix in that fight with Zoe Stark. So some awesome things there and lots to happen before Elimination Chamber. We obviously got that small Kevin Owens promo, so it looks like Kevin Owens and Samuezan are going to be fighting in Toronto, Canada, amongst the in the both their hometowns or their home countries, so that will be exciting, and hopefully we'll get to see another good raw and SmackDown leading up to Elimination Chamber, where if I'm honest, I have no idea who Cody Roads is going to be versing.
Speaker 2: Like I thought it'd be The Rock.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be Randy Ordon, which would be the most logical choice, but right now I'm extremely lost with that championship storyline. So I hopefully Elimination Chamber or even the SmackDown and raw leading up to it, answers a few of the questions that I have, But for now I'm just gonna sit tight, be patient, and enjoy this WrestleMania ride. And also continue to review these main events which I'm thoroughly enjoying. And yeah, again, I appreciate you guys listening and hope you all take CARER.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.