Speaker 1: Five o five at to give out k r C the talk station. Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 2: This is no crying baseball true.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the pause there head to operate the cough button. You know, the first utterances of my morning come at five oh five when I say five five needed to clear my throat. Didn't know that anyway. Happy Friday Eve to your Thursday and a great opening day. I'm certain it will be you. Optimistic Joe for the Reds. Yeah, it's baseball season. That's true. There is no crying in baseball, and there's of course no guarantee the Reds are going to be successful this year, but we can all keep our fingers crossed. What is coming up in the fifty five kerr see morning show. I love when Todd Zenser comes in the studio Citizen Watchdog former Inspector General Todd Zendzer keeping his eye. He's the doge of Hamilton County basically and most notably the city, and does wonderful work. Citizens Watchdog is his podcast. I strongly encourage listeners, most notably residents of the city of Cincinnati, to check that podcast out. Todd is all over what's going on Shenanigan Shenanigan, Shenanigan's Declaration, City fraud, waist and Abuse hotline. We have a new sports arena discussion and who he supports for mayor. Speaking of which, Corey Bowman is going to join the program at eight oh five. Not in studio this time, but we'll get his thoughts and comments about the debate the other day. How his campaign is going, and I think his support is growing. And according to Westside Jim Keefer, who did attended the debate, a lot of attention from AFTAB Provoll focused far more on Corey Bowman than the other so called Republican who's seeking the nomination of the primary so primaries. I think it's pretty much foregone conclusion. If I was reading Tea Leaves, I would say we have a race between Corey Bowman and AFTAB Proval. I don't think I'm going on too much of a limit suggesting that I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff. We always look forward to talking to Jay. I enjoyed my conversations with Jay. He's a really great guy, and of course there's always something crazy going on in the world of aviation, and every time I talk with him, I'm I'm not afraid of flying. Conceptually, I understand the physics of flying and how successful so many airplanes are in taking off and landing without incident, apparently safer than driving an automobile, especially these days people are crazy on the roads out there. But that being said, it's always like, every time he gives me an update on something going on in the world of aviation, it's just like one more check mark on the fly don't fly division, it's don't fly. So I've got a rule. If I can get there, and I think I've extended it out of eight hours, if I can drive someplace in eight hours or less, I'm going to drive. Then again, I do enjoy driving. I hate being stuck in the tin can. Anyhow, I do love hearing from you, though five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk found five fifty on at and T phones. A lot going on in the world. Of course, there's plenty to talk about this morning, but perhaps there is a topic you would like to address, so feel free to raise it here on the fifty five CARSNY Morning Show, and also make sure you check out fifty five cars dot com judge in and Apolotan on the history of the freedom of speech. Got to take the good with the bad, that's the bottom line on that one. We talked wine tariffs yesterday with Keegan Corcoran and his well vineyard owning a friend Thomas was his name, AFP Bernie Mourinho rally. We learned about that for Americans for Prosperity and the politics of envy. Excellent commentary as always by our friend Jack Adad and he's a friend of everyone. Brilliant Manny is in very thoughtful and insightful comments. So if you didn't get a chance to listen to that live, check it out. If you have cares dot comics, should get your ieart media by your over there so you can listen to those podcasts and stream all the iHeart content real time. Just point like my wife is probably doing right now. Anyhow, Good morning, real quick here, I just go over the road closures because it is going to be a bit of a mess downtown since I of course the Opening Day parade. I just beloved Opening Day Parade. It's one of the things you can put a smile on your face about. It's a group of people that get together, a diverse group of people, people of all race, ethnicities, creeds, and income levels joining together to celebrate Opening Day and having a good time. Hopefully the weather holds, we'll have a nice day for it. See here, showers are still possible after two pm. We're going to be partly cloudy at fifty five at noontime when the parade starts, and of course four to ten for the first pitch, they're expecting cloudy skies. Fifteen percent precipitation is what's in the forecast, so very limited likelihood of rain, which is wonderful. But if you're going to be going downtown as a lot of road closures, soon as we'll get through those again. Parde starts at noon. Streets will close beginning at eight a m. Fun fact on that one Race Street closed between Liberty and mcmickon Elm closed between Liberty, mcmick and Finley Street closed between Central Parkway and Vine. Elder Street closed between Central and Vine Green Street, between Vine and Logan, Henry between Race and Dunlap. Dunlap closed between Finley and mcmickon Logan between Liberty Street and Finley. Parde Route and Cross streets will also close. Ahead of the parade beginning at eleven fifteen. Make sure you get down there early, I think is what's important to note about that. Now that I'm now I'm stating the obvious, just a reminder though. Parade begins at the intersection of Race and Liberty, then goes down Race to Fifth. At Fifth, it goes east to the demarcation area at Sentinel Street, where the route ends. Cross streets that will close in addition to the prade route eighth Street, Seventh, Sixth, Vine, Walnut, Maine, Sycamore, and Broadway, said the City Center press release that access the downtown hotels within the Parde route closures will be maintained. Access now, I don't know if that means on foot or you'll be able to take a vehicle to get to the hotel. I strongly encourage folks to not consider taking a vehicle anywhere near the played Parde route because you're probably not going to get through. There are a whole bunch of people that show up at that thing let's see here and driving downtown for the game and celebrations. They suggest checking out I seventy five South Freeman Avenue to exit to Merrick seventy five North fifth Street exit, then right on Central Avenue seventy one south take the Reading Road exit to Eggleston, and I four seventy one Columbia Parkway third Street exit to the Riverfront. They recommend using parking facilities around the Riverfront and downtown to walk to the game. Also, Cincinnati Metro offering free bus rides during all of opening Day, so Metro is a freebe today. They will maintain service during the faily Market parade. Some downtown stops obviously going to be closed in the morning and afternoon because of course the parade route stops include Government Square and other downtown location. Streetcar service will begin after the parade, and so no streetcar today. Apparently all so happening on open Day the Reds Community Fund block party that starts at eleven in this morning, and streets will close at six pm. Let's see these streets was Wednesday evening for the block party. I guess that was yesterday. So anyhow, WCPO appreciate the reporting on the street closures and that allowed me to give my listeners advanced notice of what's going on. So I think it's pretty safe to say not going to be easy to get around downtown today unless you're walking, and why not.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 1: It's healthy, it's exercise, and you get to see all the people, wonderful people watching opportunity which I thoroughly enjoy. So let's hope we get a win today. That would be a good thing. Start the season off right. Oh, there's so many different places I can go. But anyway, the big news this morning you here on top of the hour, and the United Auto Workers are big fans of Trump because he just imposed or he's imposing, a twenty five percent tariff on imported automobiles. And you know, on the heels of the conversation yesterday with Keegan on tariffs on wines, a very complicated issue here, I wonder about the import automobile dealers and their struggles because, of course, if a twenty five percent tariff on imported automobiles, that's going to push them of buyers potentially over to domestic automobiles. And that's exactly why the UAW is excited about that. The statement UAW said, Trump's plans imposed this terrifying imported auto is a continuation of his Made in America renaissance. Their words and mark the beginning of the end of the North American Free Trade Agreement. We applaud the Trump administration for stepping up to end the free trade disaster that has devastated working class communities for decades. Ending the race to the bottom in the auto industry starts with fixing our broken trade deals. And the Trump administration has made history with today's actions. You draw your own conclusions of whether that's a good thing or not, but you know, you got to go back to the realc that we have. It's an unfair playing field out there in the world. We the United States of America, have made it very complicated for manufacturing to exist in this country. Why we have a lot of rules regulations, you know, of course, the collective bargaining agreements with the unions. I get their argument. They get together in an effort to you know, be able to create a level playing field with management, to get better terms of conditions. But that of course increases the salaries that are paid the unions. Unions have a lot of stupid rules in place which increase the cost of doing business. And that's just through the collective bargaining agreements. So there's one reason it's more expensive to build cars here in America. But then pivot over to the rules and regulations. You got Osha, you got environmental regulations, you got all these different regulations that also drive up the cost. Do they have those in Mexico? No, at least far fewer.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to set up shop in Mexico given the insanely stupid and out of control system of government they had there and the overrunning of their country and control by drug cartels. It's a violent country. Politicians have very little leverage over the violent cartels because if they step up and try to stop them, they usually end up dead. So it's a downwards spiral there. And of course, if you've got employees that are going to and from work in a manufacturing facility in Mexico, they face challenges and have to deal with that. Standard of living is probably much lower there, but it's a lot cheaper to manufacture things there because they don't have any of the previously the previous shortlist I gave you to deal with. So taxing cars imported from elsewhere, and you know, when I think a car is coming from the European Union. They have heavy regulations, rules and obligations and everything like that. They have to deal with even more so in terms of the environmental environmental rules, which creates less options for the consumer. I know Germany is struggling with this because of the environmental rules and not making internal combustion engines any more. I mean, you look at Porsches and you think, well, that was a car that was built on the eternal combustion engine. Got a great reputation. They are well world renowned for their performance and handling. Now they've got to make them all electric and nobody wants to buy them. So problem for you know, manufacturers in Europe. But hey, you pivot over to manufacturers in Mexico or China, We're now going to be worried about electric vehicles coming from China. Now they'll be twenty five percent more, I suppose. But they have zero world that they do whatever the hell they want. They also have slave labor and they don't pay employees very much, so there isn't eleven level playing field out there. So you try to create a level playing field by just making them imported cars more expensive simply because they're less expensive to build elsewhere. And with global corporations, obviously, if you're an executive at a corporation. You're think, how do we increase profit, improve shareholder profitability. If it was easier to build a car and cheaper to build a car, we can make more profit. Huh, Well, it's expensive to do it here in America. Let's build a factory elsewhere. And that's been going on for decades. That's how we lost so much manufacturing. Ignoring tariffs, the playing field is not level at all. We've created a situation in this country that makes it simply more expensive to build literally anything or do literally literally anything. So I'm not sure if this is ultimately going to work out. The head of the Labors of UAW President Sean Fain, said, ending the race of the bottom lust include securing union rights for auto workers everywhere with a strong national labor relations board, a decent retirement with social Security benefits protected. Underscore that word, healthcare for all workers, including through Medicare and Medicaid, and dignity on and off the job. Well that's great, mister Fane, but if you take just that one program out of his sentence, social security, it's a train wreck, and our elected officials aren't doing anything about it because we can all get freaked out. Oh, my god, they're going to touch social Security. We can't have that. It's a train wreck. It's falling apart. There's not enough money coming in to pay the benefits going out. We've known about this for years and years and years and years. Now here's a union representative. They could have had a pension program, and they could have funded a pension program and not have to worry about Social Security and whether or not it's going to continue to provide benefits. But just saying out loud that we need decent retirement with social security benefits protected, fine, it makes a great statement. But will our elected officials do something to ensure that they are protected with social security benefits. I haven't touch Medicare and Medicaid, and I got this terrible, terrible news for you. On Medicare and Medicaid. We got a real problem on our hands. Those are the three programs that are bringing us to our financial collapse.
Speaker 2: And relying on them.
Speaker 1: And you could say that the greatest programs in the world, and I won't argue with you on that, But our elected officials are having duty and obligation finuciary, ethical, moral for the fiscal stability of our country to make sure that those programs do not collapse. Our entire fiscal structure will collapse if something isn't done about those three programs. Something. And they never touch him. And there's Donald Trump, Love him, hate him, say what you want about him, but he always keeps saying I'm not touching it. I'm not going to do anything because he knows if he utters the words we need to do something to fix the problem, his poll numbers will collapse, which actually I think is a reflection of America's stupidity about the financial reality of these programs and where they're leading us. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's just simply a statement of fact. Five twenty fifty five kosit talks, stations, stick around, play more to talk about, hope you can and feel free to call if there's something you want to talk about, be right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: I met all these talks about cutting this, cutting that, getting rid of this, getting rider that. I just have to wonder out loud, why in the hell do we pay for national public radio? I mean, it's a legitimate question, is it not. It started out a long time ago, when the world had much fewer news outlets, and I guess they felt it was necessary to fund an NPR who governs the content of NPR, Individuals, editors, people that are in charge of NPR, and they decide which direction the organization is going to go, exactly the way independent media is. But you've got so many outlets for news these days, why is it the American taxpayer has to fund what isn't an obviously openly objectively left wing propaganda arm for the basically the Democrats and NPR CEO Katherine Mara Mayer was, you know, did testimony yesterday and admitted that, among other things, they well, of course covered up the Hunter Biden laptop story, grilled by House Republicans because Doge is recommended, you know, shutting this thing down. She's speaking with In response, Representative Michael Cloud from Texas, I do want to say that MPR acknowledges we were mistaken in failing to cover the Hunter Biden laptops during more aggressive and sooner And the sooner part is what's important there, because one of the Hunter Biden laptops come out right before the election, and what happened then fifty one really qualified people, experts in national security and former intelligence officers. This has all the earmarks of well Russian interference in the election. They were suggesting it was a lie, it was a fake, but you know it wasn't our own people in government, the FBI knew that it was real, and they knew it was real months before this thing broke. And yet the administration organized this letter, and I'm sure NPR reported on the letter a sing at all his Russian collusion, so perpetuating lies on behalf of the Biden administration to make sure he got elected, and you paid for that. I mean, I don't think taxpayer dollars go over to CNN or MSNBC. They'll sink or swim on their own based on advertising revenue and whether people watch it or not. And fear and fewer people are watching it why because American public woke up to the fact that it's just a bunch of propaganda and people aren't interested in just consuming left wing propaganda to the exclusion of all the other accurate information that is out there and available to report on. Neutral, independent fact reporting is what reporters are supposed to do. NPR is merely an editorial outlet for left wing left leaning I argue propaganda, so let's not pay for it anymore. Okay, But they did back around the corner on a lot of things anyhow. And it's just a tiny slice of spending I know, And everything the doge is exposed, and everything they've endeavored to cut off in spite of whatever court order prevents them from cutting off stupid things. It all adds up to very little when you compare it to the problems we are facing, as I mentioned a moment ago, with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and the national debt and the debt service on it. They're getting ready to downgrade our credit rating because of the fiscal strength in our country deteriorating. Moody's issued a warning about that, just I believe it was yesterday. Great, all the red flags flying and waving they have been for years and years, and not a finger lifted to correct the problem. We have a spending problem, and a massive one. Five twenty seven it's five ks deetalk station local stories. I prefer hearing from you, so feel free to call Bud. Either way, we'll go. We will continue after these brief words.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com. What's up everyone at.
Speaker 1: See the talk station. Friday Eve reminder, we're gonna be a listener lunch next week. Barleycorn's Wilder, Kentucky location. Pretty convenient actually either I think four to seventy one or is it seventy one anyhow, not that difficult to get to, and everybody says it's a really great place. I've never been there, but it'll definitely be great in terms of the fellowship, which I always find to be the just most of the best part about listening to lunches. We usually try to pick a good spot. We've been doing the micro brew Tour, the brewery tour this year. We may DEVI eight from that. I've talked to the lady that I have to take care of setting up listener lunches. At one point may end up at Jim and Jacks. My friends at Jim and Jacks have been asking us to show back up, so I thought maybe we'll do that as we get closer to the election, so beyond that next week. Schedule for it usually started about eleven thirty Barli Corns Wilder, Kentucky location. Looking forward to seeing my friends in the Commonwealth. It's been a while since we've been there, and my apologies for not making it over more often. Anyhow, we got local stories here. Two people hospitalized after a late afternoon shooting. Winton Hills is where the look at where it happened. According to police, shooting coccurred in the five thousand block of Vivian Place and wenton Hills about five fifteen in the afternoon. City bus in say Police department talking to Fox nineteen thanks them for reporting two men shot, one in the neck, described it in critical condition I imagine, the other in the arm with non life threatening injuries. When witnesses at the scene said they heard more than a dozen gun shots, Police recovered fifteen bullet casings from the scene, so apparently victim fell. The first victim fell on the ground of being shot in the neck bystanders scattered as the gunfire erupted. One of the alleged gunmen followed the second victim, who he then shoots in the arm and then away. No one's been arrested, according to police. The investigation is ongoing. I imagine if you know anything about this, I'm not going to give crime strivers a call. It three five to two thirty forty, Hamilton County selling several office buildings in order to save money in streamline operations. According to announcement yesterday from county officials, they've hired a commercial real estate broker called Jones Langlessou to sell five county owned office buildings that provided past dance office face for Hamilton County Job and Family Service, Hamilton County Developmental Disability Service, in Hamilton County Public Health, among other departments. If you're interested, the building's range in science from thirty thousand square feet to approximately two hundred and fifty thousand square feet, Located in various Cincinna neighborhoods, including over the Rhyane, Walnut Hills, Madison Villan Quarryville specifically two twenty two East Central Parkway assessed value fourteen point four million, two fifty William Howard Taft Road three point two million, two sixty four William Howard taft On hundred and eighty nine thousand for that one discount, fifteen twenty Madison Road two point six million, and fifty ninety three Kingsley Drive at two million. Buildings combined value just over twenty two million. According to the latest assessment from the auditor. Proceeds from the building sales will be used to offset the cost to purchase and renovate the old Mercy Health Building a bond Hill, where the county plans to consolidate about fourteen hundred employees, including those moving from the buildings that I just mentioned. Consolidating operations expected to save the county taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars annually, according to county officials Commissioner Stephanie Dumas quote by consolidating multiple departments in a more modern facility in bond Hill, where streamlining operations saving taxpayers, she says four hundred thousand dollars a year and delivering direct services closer to the first suburbs. Some of the buildings sold, including the Alms and dup Key Building Central Parkway designed by architects Samuel Hunneford and Diana Burnham, and will be prime candidates for office conversions to residential or mixed use development. At least that's what the the officials have said. Alms and Duky also known locally and colloquially as the Arms and Deputy Building. Anyway, Commissioner reset, I'm hopeful the consolidating service is one location at the old Mercy site will allow the cand to free up other real estate to create more opportunities for affordable workforce and student housing. Okay, five thirty five fifty five krc DE Talk Station. We'll dive into stack is Stupid? Coming up next? If you care to stick around or care to call, I hope you do stick around and feel free to call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC The Talks Station.
Speaker 1: Five Krcdtalk Station and Happy Friday Eve aka Thursday five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight enter D two three o'clock. It's funnier if you actually see the visual of this guy, because remember, if you're going to damage a tesla to a car, it's got cameras all over it. So we got video camera footage, and it's very clear video camera footage of an ATV riding Texas guy ramming his four wheeler into multiple cars during what it's described as an unprovoked hitting run spree that happened on Tuesday this week.
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 1: So just you gotta see it because he's five foot two clocking in at four hundred and forty nine pounds. What yep? De marc quiun Marquez cox I was waiting for that, hence the pause. Cox Joe Phrasing arrested after one of the alleged tax was recorded by the Tesla that he ran into. According to police and Texar Kind of Texas, thirty three yeld allegedly spotted the electric spot of the electric vehicles sitting in the parking lot of a Golden Palace Chinese buffet while its owner was having lunch in the restaurant. Cox rammed head on into the side of the red Tesla. Corner of the video obtained by local news there ktbs laving noticeable damage to the front driver's side door corner. To owner Christine Carsteffan, she was alerted the attack by her phone, which, of course there's an app connected to the Tesla automobile which said your car basically is being attacked. Apparently it's going to cost her over one thousand dollars to replace the entire door. Police call it to the area of the rampage. After a second Tesla was damaged in a nearby lows. Cox was stopped by cops just over a mile south the Golden Palace after an offer to recognized Cox from the Chinese buffet video. He claimed to be a different person than the one in the video, provided a false name during his initial interrogation, but he is dressed the same. He is five foot two and four hundred and forty nine pounds riding around in an ATV. How many people fit that discription. Officers arrested the guy. They of course didn't buy into his story, but according to the Tech Star Pan Arcada Public Information Office, based on what they had seen the video, they knew for a fact that he was the only one who at least hit the initial tesla charged with felony criminal mischief resulting in damage between twenty five hundred and thirty thousand dollars in failure to identify suspect had carved also elon into the side of the other two cars. He's been charged with damaging the first carved. Officials said the investigation is ongoing and there may be more charges filed. Later being held at the Bystate Justice Center on one hundred and five thousand dollars bond, I don't think logistically that's possible, Joe, meaning he's four and fifty pounds. This kind of cracker scratched my head. O her hygiene issues. Sorry, internal monologue coming out. Twenty one year old Florida man angry at his dad, so he drove dad's vehicle into the ocean. BET's gotta say? Had Joshua Cuss borrowed his father's car, but he failed to return the vehicle to his parents. In Jacksonville Beach around two o'clock in the morning, cops received a report about an automobile floating around the ocean, a cord to the rest report. Upon arriving at the beach, officer spotted a gray Subaru floating in the water. Elsewhere in the report, the car is identified as a twenty eleven Volvo x C seventy.
Speaker 5: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Police soon Locatedcus since his father had been pinging the location of his son's phone. Cuss cop to the ocean littering, saying that he sought to use a cinder block to send the car into the ocean. What when that failed, he got into the car and drove it in all I guess on the accelerator. He got into the car, drove it into the water, reported turning all the lights and turning on all the lights and making sure no one was nearby before accelerating the vehicle into the ocean. Quote While driving, he grinned and wished he could point his middle finger at his father and aunt, as this tradition. After departing the beach, Cuss walked to his mom's nearby house. His parents apparently divorced in twenty twenty three. Recording the court records after his dad decided to press charges, Cuss arrested on felony criminal mischief. John Cuss, dad sixty years old, reported a loss of sixty five hundred dollars on the submerged vehicle.
Speaker 5: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Being helped me kind of Joe on loeu of a twenty five hundred dollars bond. Apparently back in twenty two, twenty twenty two, Cuss pleaated no contest to a dui charge and was sentenced to twelve months probation. He was eighteen at the time, driving his father's Volvo when he got arrested on that charge, and a letter to his son's sentencing judge, Cuss wrote that Joshua has a lot of work ahead of him, and I can only hope that he learns from his mistake, his mistake and turns into a good into a good life. Lesson, Well, dad, he didn't need your advice. By forty five ify five KR see detalk station more stupid coming up and be right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC, you're four a wooden Time for the nine first one four opening day.
Speaker 1: Buzzle increase gradually. The shower possibility starts after two pm fifty eighth to high today overnight gole forty eight with a few showers overnight morning showers tomorrow, they say are likely. By the way, he's partly clouding and a seventy three high. Fifty seven overnight with partly cloudy skys. Seventy seven will be the high on Saturday, thirty seven degrees. Right now.
Speaker 2: Time for traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: For National Doctor's Day, we honor the UC Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better Tomorrow's learn more ad you see health dot com. Highway traffic looks good on this opening day. Your Thursday morning commute, no troubles it all. So I've found seventy five doing fine between Glendale Milford and the lateral northbound seventy five north doown forward seventy one folk wide open on the bridges, chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 2: Seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: By forty nine at fifty five KR see talk stations returning to the stack of stupid. We go to Houston, Texas, where three teenage girls are in custody after allegedly planning to kill their mom. Motive she turned off the Wi Fi in the home.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Harris Kond of wtysay. The incident occurred in Houston on Sunday. Girls fourteen, fifteen, and sixteen reportedly grabbed kitchen knives and chased their mom through the house and into the street, attempting to stab her. Thirty say. One of the teens struck her mother with a brick. Grandmother also knocked down while trying to protect the mother.
Speaker 4: Dear, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Fortunately neither of those women sustained serious injuries. All three teens arrested a charge with aggravated assault with the deadly weapon. They've been booked the Harris County Juvenile Facility. They turned off the Wi Fi and just staring disbelief at something like that. Okay. We go to Winnipeg. Women in her thirties run over via a vehicle after an argument with a driver about saving an open parking spot. Winnipeg Police Service responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian in a parking lot Saint James Street, two thirty in the afternoon. Victims standing in an unoccupied parking spot to save it for a family member who was driving through a lot at a recreational facility. The woman waited for them to drive up, and then a separate vehicle showed up first. The driver began arguing with the woman and proceeded to drive into the stall, knocking her to the ground. Women became trapped under the front tires of the SUV before the driver left. Quote with no concern clothes. Quote for the victim women taking to the hospital and the stable condition with lower body injuries, please say. They arrested a forty year old woman and charged her with assault with a weapon and driving carelessly under the highway traffic act. I know you're tempted to do that, now are what are the if you're a human being standing in a parking lot, isn't that a parking store? Isn't that considered occupied, or do you have an obligation ethically and morally to move away and allow someone else to park there If you know your friend's car is coming or your relatives car is coming and you've just secured the spot with your body, isn't that the same thing as the car getting there first? Yeah, there's that, and probably all to avoid walking in additional fifteen or twenty feet because you know there's another parking spot right right down the lane there. All right, we'll go to Southet Little Highway and how a teen is accused of causing major damage to a McDonald's manager's suv.
Speaker 2: So how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Seventeen year old boy banned from a McDonald's location after allegedly causing extensive damage to the car. Media outlet there, reported Cleveland dot com. The authorities were called McDonald's on South Euclid about almost six pm March tenth, after officers received the port of a teenager breaking out the windows of the car. Police arrived and the scene found extensive damage had been done to the vehicle's body and windows, but could not locate the suspect, who was identified by several students in the area. Manager of the location told the officers that the teen had entered the restaurant with a metal object in his hand and threatened to fight him. The authorities contact of the teen's mom. She reportedly told police that he had likely damaged the SUV because he was upset over something the manager had done to his sister. Earlier in the day. Police informed a woman that the teen had been banned from the business and that charges would be filed in juvenile court. He also hit with trespass charges several days later after he returned to McDonald's but left before the police arrived on the scene. He's been charged with criminal damaging and menacing.
Speaker 5: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, no doubt about him.
Speaker 1: Scheduled trip to a near driver's license in South Florida apparently highly sought, so highly sought after that you would think it's like trying to get a ticket to a concert that sold out. Anyway. The Miami Dade County Tax Collector's Office announced earlier this week that had uncovered a network of scalpers who hoarded free DMV appointments and resold them for up to two hundred and fifty bucks. What apparently get an appointment to the DMV such a problematic experience of drivers were willing to pay to avoid it in the first place. It's a free service. Scoppers a massed appointments using bots and fake accounts to exploit an online system. Tax collector's office. By the two hundred suspicious appointments in the first three weeks after opening the new downtown Miami location for the DMV service agency headed sites set on individuals who are part of a local driving school, driving schools and suspects in well clogging up the DMV system. Miami Dade County tax Collector DEWO. Fernandez said in a release that, well, we know who they are and how they operate. We will not accept any appointment obtained through system abuse. Our office is committed to ensuring that all residents have a fair and equal access to service without interference from those seeking to exploit the system. You know, it's interesting because a very similar thing was occurring apparently with popular restaurant reservations. People are using bots to make reservations that highly sought after restaurants and then selling those reservations to people. So techn lot of technology abuse something what arresting me for what I'm not allowed to stand up for myself.
Speaker 2: I thought this was America. Is this America?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I thought this was America's.
Speaker 1: Funny to talk about the six o'clock hour. Feel free to call. I would love to talk to you. Five one three, seven fifty eight hundred and eight two to three talk be right back after the.
Speaker 6: News covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 7: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five dr see the Fox.
Speaker 1: State buck station and it is Friday eighty. I'm very happy one to you. I always enjoy it. For no other reason. I heard me. Aviation expert Jay Ratliff's coming on. Got a lot of things to talk about with Jay this morning. That'll take place at eight thirty, as it does every Thursday. Corey Bowman from Ericory's gonna call in the show at eight oh five. We'll talk about the debate and how his campaign's going. Thank You's a good guy and a refreshing alternative from the well. How many decades now have Democrats been running the city of Cincinnati. Uh oh, And here's a suggestion. Since Todd's Zen is going to join the program in an hour, he'll be in studio former Inspector General and watch dog for the taxpayers and citizens generally in Cincinnati as well as Hamilton County. We'll be talking about cities fraud, waste and abuse hotline. I guess there is one of those. I talk about the new sports arena, the ideas being talked about, but we don't have any money to build one, and his thoughts on who he is in favor of and support for mayor. So I think it's going to come down to Cory Bowman and have to have pro ball. That's my bet and I'd put all my money in on that outcome. Anyway, that's the rundown for today. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five to fifty on AT and T funds anyway, since apparently it is a city fraud waste abuse hotline and I read this article, it was either earlier this week or last week. Yeah, you're supposed to be able to get reimbursed for damage done to your car by hitting potholes, but that's only if the city has neglected the road and not dealt with or recently addressed pothole situation after it's been called in and so not a single claim has been paid because the city claims, well, we were recently there and we recently dealt with the pothole. So it sucks to be you. I think that's boiled down the final analysis. That's it. So going back to my favorite road, the war torn Sunset, somebody gets if your car is damage when you drive it on Sutset, calling a claim and ask the reimbursement for it, because there is no way in hell they can claim that they have addressed the situation on Sunset recently, I mean decades anyhow. So bad news in the for our US government and US government's fiscal strength is deteriorating as they talk about extending the debt ceiling, which is barely going to have to be done sooner rather than later. Moody's Rating issued a report on Tuesday this week. Our fiscal strength deteriorating is a trend of larger budget deficits and mounting debt continues. They say, our fiscal health is worsened in the time since it's lowered its outlook on the country's Triple A credit rating back in November of twenty three, independently, Fitch cut the US credit rating one tier from Triple A down to Double A plus and twenty twenty three over fiscal challenges and debt limit to brinkmanship, which I think refers to those, you know, extraordinary measures that we have to go through and the government shutdown anyway. Standard and Poors did so after the twenty eleven debt limit crisis that spurred a partial government shutdown. So all the credit agencies are coming through the cold dose cold water reality realization that while we suck now compared to the rest of the world, maybe we don't suck as much, but we got a spending problem. Moody's road. Even in a very positive and low probability economic and financial scenario, debt affordability remains materially weaker than for other triple A rated and highly rated sovereigns. Other people, I guess have their fiscal house in order much better than we do. Moody's projected the ratio of public debt to gross domestic product, a metric favored by economists and determining government debt relative to the size of the economy, will rise from nearly one hundred percent this year to about one hundred and thirty percent in twenty thirty five, interest payments accounting for thirty percent of revenue by twenty thirty five. That's the trillions of dollars in a hole that we've dug ourselves because of overspending. It was nine percent in twenty twenty one. Think about that. Your credit card payment is consuming thirty percent of all the money you take in household. Cannot survive on that, now, can they? And how can our nations go? How can our government? It can't. Moody said, we see diminished prospects of this time and that these strengths will continue to offset widening fiscal deficits and decline debt affordability because of the need for bipartisan support. Here's an observation which would cut against many Republican and Democrat politicians' pledges to leave mandatory spending programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid untouched. Moody said, large spending cuts would be difficult to implement. That's the target right there. There is the challenge right there, the three social welfare spending plans. Now, let's turn over to Medicaid. Interesting analysis. Taxpayers spent billions covering the same Medicaid patients twice. Article from the Wall Street Journals health insurers got double paid by Medicaid for the coverage of hundreds of thousands of patients across the country. Insurers are paid by state and federal governments to cover low income Medicaid recipients. Right collected at least four point three billion dollars over three years for patients who were enrolled and paid for in other states. Patients sign up for Medicaid in two states at once in many cases following a move from one state to another, most getting all of their healthcare service through one insurer in one state, even though Medicaid was paying insurers in both states to cover them. Private insurers oversee Medicaid benefits for more than seventy percent of the seventy two million low income and disabled people that are in the program. Companies get paid each month for each person they cover. They aren't supposed to get paid of a patient lease for another state, but they do. Medicaid Medicare together cost taxpayers more than one point eight trillion dollars every single year. Biggest Medicaid insurer Centa received six hundred and twenty million dollars in double payments between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one, the three years that were analyzed by the Wall Street Journal, and you can know that problem hasn't gone away since then. Elevant's Health an extra three hundred and forty six million dollars, United Health Group two hundred and ninety eight million dollars extra double payments received. Apparently, individual states design their own Medicaid programs, following federal guidelines and setting rules on who will be eligible and what services are going to be covered. US government covers more than half the cost. States are responsible for monitoring whether people qualify for benefits, including conducting yearly eligibility checks for most people. Is that being done? I probably? I'm thinking not. They say. Government guidelines stipulate that if Medicaid recipients moved to another state, they are supposed to cancel their coverage in the former state when the signing up to the new one, which often gives them a different insurer. But the recipients don't always cancel, and the states apparently don't lift a finger to follow up and find out who's legitimately on the roles and who's not. And you'd think in these modern times, with artificial intelligence and multiple systems being connected, and the ability of states to communicate with each other and play nicely together and avoid these expenditures, thus saving the American tax payer billions of dollars in a program that is set up like a house of cards and destined to fail, leading US further in the hole every single year because Congress refuses to act that they might do something about it. But I'll know, these insurance companies obviously have no incentive whatsoever to clean up the roles and make sure they're not getting dumb. Oh look, we're getting extra payment. Why if you're an insurance company responsible like SENTA or Sentien CNTNY. This first time I ever heard of the place, And you're getting paid every single year for someone that you report as eligible to receive Medicaid, you getting less money if you take them off the eligibility roles. Wouldn't you well, why would you bother? Why would you bother to look at it? The states clearly don't care now for the insurance for their parts that it's up to states to verify people's eligibility and to disenroll them if necessary. Well, okay, it's a state's fault. Medicare and Medicaid agency doesn't screen for the double payments, leaving that to the states to do. State officials say identifying people who moved is difficult. On that recoveries of improper payments from managed care companies are limited because state agencies often don't realize Medicaid recipients have moved until their annual eligibility checks. Managed care companies can collect monthly payments before a patient is dropped off the roles. Obviously a financial incentive to ignore the problem that exists. And this is just double payments, folks, that they cleaned up the roles and got the ranks, just like Social Security is doing now under Evil Doge and Evil Elon Musker. It's easy to commit fraud, it's easy to collect payments. What incentive do you have? Your profitability goes up when you ignore the reality and then someone no longer lives in the state. Sounds like the system is structurally designed to encourage and incentivize this, doesn't it. Six fifteen five K Steve Talk Station Steve, I see you are on the phone. I am happy to take your call. I just have to take a quick break and mentioned doctor Fred Pack and doctor Meghan fru doctor Megan Frew in the studio the other day and act. Now you can get a free cosmetic dental consultation with doctor Freu, and she's outstanding. What a charming, charming lady and from all accounts my listeners who have been treated by her and for whether it's general dentistry or her budding cosmetic dentistry practice. Working with doctor fred Pack, who is like the best in the business for cosmetic dentistry. She's just terrific and she'll put you at ease if you're not a fan of going to the dentist, which I am because I've been going to doctor Peck and doctor Freu, who joined his clinic a couple of years ago, just the best dentist out there. Doctor fred Pack a Fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Durist Dentistry Accredited. He is one of only three that have reached that lofty status in the entire state of Ohio. If you're looking for transformative cosmetic dentistry, you are indeed best possible hands and care with doctors Pack and through so discover the life changing impact of exceptional dentistry on your smile. Life changing. It is indeed five one, three, sixty one, seventy six, sixty six. Greatest staff work in there too. The treat you like family. It's a very welcoming environment. Learn more online. You can check them out online at Peck Pck pecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC have you taken your friend?
Speaker 1: Comline says to day opening day grade starts at noon, first pitch four to ten bouts of increase. Showers are possible after two pm. Likelihood is kind of low, they say. By the time it's the first pitch, there's only a fifteen percent chance of rain. Fifty eight over the high today, comfortable forty eight overnight with a few showers. Showers are likely tomorrow morning. It'll be partly thady afterwards. Seventy three for the high, partly cloudy overnight, fifty seven Saturday, maybe some Rainhio seventy seven. It's thirty six right now. In time for traffic, chuck well, you.
Speaker 6: See how traffic center for a nation of doctor tate we honored, and you see health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better Tomorrow's learn more at ucehelp dot com. Highway traffic doing just fine for your opening day commute, no accidents to deal with downtown at Finlay Market, you can expect the streets around the market to start to close at eight am. The parade route that doesn't close till eleven fifteen. Chucking rom on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. Steve was kind enough to hold over the brake. I promise you, Steve, you're first out of the gate. Welcome to the program, Sarah, thanks for holding in calling in this morning.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, thank you for taking my phone call for me too. I am in Independence and I'm looking forward to listener love. I think it's on the double A Highway that Barley Corns and Wilder.
Speaker 1: That was what I was trying to think of, because it's you can get to it from four to seventy one was an exit that makes it really convenient double A Highway. Also, it's not that difficult to get to. I'm just pointing that out for my Ohio listeners who are like, wait a minute, Wilder, Kentucky, where's that. Well, it's it's really really convenient for everyone from the major expressways.
Speaker 8: It is, and I mean it's a fairly new establishment, maybe in the last year or two it was built, and a lot of outdoor seatings, so hopefully the weather is going to be good. I went to a listener lunch about a year ago, so this will be my second one. I'm sure you remember meeting me. I'm the guy that shook your hand and said I like your show a lot. So I mean, I'm sure I made a big impact on you. You remember that, right, He ever said? Nothing ever?
Speaker 2: Does that eat?
Speaker 1: First time that's ever happened, Steve? Of course.
Speaker 8: Well, and I know you told one time somebody asked for your autograph and you felt really funny, So I might you.
Speaker 1: Know whatever, But yeah, I am really.
Speaker 8: You're like one of the family. You're not a celebrity. You don't let anything go to your head.
Speaker 1: There never ever ever gonna happen.
Speaker 8: And I'm actually going to bring my lovely spouse this time. You might remember me. I might. I we might make more of an impact than I did.
Speaker 1: That's certainly possible. I imagine, Steve, because you called him before and we've had conversations before. You seem like a bright guy. I imagine you outkicked your coverage as.
Speaker 8: Most definitely, and that seems to be the theme with a lot of people that talk to you, and yourself included. Oh well, what I wanted to just comment on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the big three that no politician touches, and whenever they've talked about the massive debt in this country, you are really not permitted to touch those because promises made and you know, in other words, commitments were made. People paid into the programs to a large degree, certainly on Social Security and Medicare anyway, maybe you know, not Medicaid, but you really aren't supposed to touch those. And they would always say, there's only so even somebody who's trying to fix the broken system only has so much to work with because of these major commitments of money that go to those three programs. But if you look at the fraud, waste, and abuse, I'm going to make up a number and it might be realistic. You might be able to cut each one of those programs twenty five percent, just making it and not screwing anybody out of any money. Exactly, accept people builking the system. That is like a you know, the just a glimmer of hope for us. There is a chance to get us, you know, a little more fiscally correct in the way we operate, just by saving those programs, and there is hope. So hopefully, you know, we get in there and they get cleaned up and everybody gets what they're entitled to, but we quit wasting the money. Wouldn't that be nice?
Speaker 1: It would be a beautiful thing, and that should be the mindset of everyone in government. Efficiency ZIP and getting rid of fraud and being responsible stewards for the dollars that they take from us. It's you know, if it was a private business and with shareholders they were dealing with, they would have that fiscal are they would have that fiduciary obligation, you know, maximize profit. And one of the ways of doing that is minimizing waste in the company, streamlining processes, making the company more profitable. In the case of government, they aren't there to earn profit, they're there to take it. They don't have any reason to provide efficiency because they know they're going to get the tax dollars regardless of how or stupid they are. They just continue to grow and grow, and grow, and I've got some great illustrations. The DOGE has found more billions of dollars for insane programs. How is it that you and I end up funding things that seems so absolutely facially ridiculous because there's no accountability six twenty five fifty five care se detalk station. Get some local stores or more phone calls will be welcome. First Chimneycare fireplace in stove. What a great time of year to have your chimney fireplace inspected. Now, let's start with an exterior inspection of your chimney to see if there's anything going on there that might have a water damage problem. They'll do that for free. Call it Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove and schedule your free exterior evaluation. You know you got flashing and calking and all kinds of things up there design to keep the water out. I'll figure out if you're in good shape or not if you're not in good shape, to let you know what's going on up there. And they are experts at all things related to care and service and maintenance of fireplaces, chimneys, free stand, stoves, and everything goes along with them. Now pivoting over to woodburning fireplaces. They got the Spring special going on, a great time to begin to do it, because I doubt many people are using their fireplaces or free standing stoves. Take advantage of the Spring special. The woodburning sweep and evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine, and they'll go along with that. They'll obviously do the water inspection as well video camera inspection of the interior of the chimney. If it needs to be swept, they sweep it, make sure you're safe, and then you can enjoy the comfort when it comes time to light a fire again. So one sixty nine to ninety nine for that woodburning sweep and evaluation. Good savings, excellent service. You'll love working with them and locally own and operated since nineteen ninety eight. Check them out online learn about all the services and products that they have featured at the showroom chimneycarecode dot com where you can schedule the appointment chimneycarecode dot com or give them a call. And Tom Brian said, Hi, when you do, it's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC turn out your radio.
Speaker 2: Here's a Sean handed even more minutes.
Speaker 9: Most members of the legacy media mob, and remember I proclaim that they are dead after November fifth, because they threw everything combined, Democrats, legacy media through everything they had at Donald Trump, and they were not able to beat him. They took him to court, they tried to put him in jail, They used lawfare, weaponization at a level this country's never seen before.
Speaker 2: None of it worked.
Speaker 9: The American people saw through this, So it's not it's pretty predictable that this is the only thing they know, because the only alternative would be a course correction and introspection and an analysis of how they're so out of touch with the American people and their egos couldn't handle such self reflection. Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here. Only two things in life for certain death and taxes. Well, now there's a third certainty. If you're with Verizon at and T and T Mobile, you could be saving a fortune every single month if you switch to my soul from provider, a veteran own company called pure Talk. Now that's right, Puretalk, my sponsor is cutting the fat from the wireless industry. For just twenty five bucks a month, you can get unlimited talk and text, five gigs of data on America's most dependable five G network, and the average family of four saving over one thousand dollars a year when they switch to pure Talk. That's real money in your pocket for the exact same service. And with pure Talk you have US customer service representatives. They'll make the switch simple, fast and free and easy to do it. I'll pound two fifty say the keyword save now to make the switch.
Speaker 1: Do it now.
Speaker 9: You save an additional fifty percent off your first month Pound two to fifty keywords save now and start saving today. Pure Talk Wireless by Americans for Americans.
Speaker 1: Here it is for opening yay wether forecast. It looks pretty promising, so noontime is the when the parade started. It will just be partly claude with a high fifty It would be fifty five degrees around the noon for the first pitch fifty eight degrees. Cloud's precipitation only at fifteen percent that there is a possibility of showers after two PM today. Today's high is fifty eight two showers every night mostly cloudy otherwise with a little forty eight seventy three the high We've got morning showers likely then partly cloudy skuys partly Claudia over night.
Speaker 2: We dropped a.
Speaker 1: Fifty seven and seventy seven on Saturday with the possibility of some showers. It's thirty nine degrees right now. In time for a traffic update from.
Speaker 6: The UCLP Traffic Center for National Doctor's Day Sunday. We on are the u SEE Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs from better Tomorrow's learn More at you See out dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape, with one exception Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: He's been two seventy five.
Speaker 6: There's an accident at Dixie Highway over on the right shoulder. But even with that, I'm seeing no delays out of ural anger towards keep foot Chucking rom on fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 1: Station six thirty coming up with six thirty one Happy to five KR see talk station Happy Friday. Do some local stories. But if you care to call, I'd love to take your call five one three seven two three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T phone. That is, assuming Joe puts your name up on the call screen right Joe, oh Me, say what I know, you don't understand it, just the heads up. Do find the road closure schedule because it is opening day and everyone and his brother goes down for Opening Day parade and has a wonderful time getting along and playing nicely together. It's a fantastic thing we've got going here in Cincinnati is a beautiful thing now, you know, even if you're not a baseball fan, you like people watching head on down. This makes sure you get there early because there are road closures and they start rather early. And metro bus service is free today parenthetically, so you can always catch the bus. Maybe whenever it had been on a bus, it'd be a good day to try it out. Oh on the street Well, the street car is not open during the prey though, Joe. But it is theoretically free, much like the free metro bus is theoretically free. You're still paying for, obviously, the fuel, maintenance, upkeep, and the salaries for the people operating the bus. So everyone likes to point out there is no free launch and let us see Evanston Rebinson residents described as unhappy after a plan to help block noise from traffic on Ice seventy one has been canceled. Multiple residents talking with WCPO reporting on this thank You Jay Shacker, asking for answers on the status of the project. They said they've been waiting and wondering about it while dealing with the ongoing noise from the interstate. Residents had hoped some kind of barrier would be built like the one they have in Kentucky. This state installed its first transparent noise screening panel as part of the project near I seventy one and seventy five. One local resident describing the noise as horrible. So CBO asked a High Department of Transportation about it, and ODOT spokesperson Kathleen Fuller told them the project, yes, was canceled. She said the cancelation comes down to two reasons. The project is considered not quote economically reasonable, close quote and odd, also citing lack of participation and advocacy from the Evanston Community Council. Community Council one of the groups that can initiate a petition to the state to the state to get this type of project going. Noise level in the area hits approximately seventy six decibels near the stretch of Ice seventy one by one of the residents they interviews home the equivalent to noise a garbage disposal or washing machine makes, But of course, as CPO points out, a disposal only makes noise when you're using it. They did reach out to the Evanston Community Council, which CPO said, haven't heard back from him yet. We go to Winton Hills where a couple of people are being are hospitalized after a late afternoon shooting. It happened yesterday, accorded to police, five thousand block of Vivian Place five point fifteen in the afternoon. Two men were shot. One guy hit in the neck and is in critical condition, the other guy shot in the arm, non life threatening. Witnesses at the scene said they heard more than a dozen gun shots and apparently police recovered fifteen bullet casings from the scene, so the reports are accurate. Surveillance of the shooting that was provided to Fox nineteen reporting on this props shows at least two gunmen firing again more than twelve As the shooting breaks out. The first victim is seen falling to the ground. He's the one that got shot in the neck by s Genders scattered as the gunfire erupted, but one of the governmen allegedly followed the second victim, who then got shot in the arm. The gunman ran away. Police says no one had been arrested. You get investigations ongoing, and we go ahead and give you crime stoppers number three five two thirty forty three five two thirty forty. You will be anonymous. Your typically some arrest. You may be eligible for a cash reward. Let's not get all shooty with everybody. Uh do I have time for what that one called?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: Now, William, hang on, brother. I appreciate you calling, but I look up the clock does say six thirty five, So I got to take a quick break here. But if you hang on, I'll take your call, and I get to mention QC kinetics because my listeners have pain, and maybe you've been taking pain medications. Maybe you've been going to the doctor who's now talking about surgery. We're talking our thrit is pain here, arms, sneeze hips, joints, that kind of thing. So maybe there's an alternative for you. And I personally don't know because I don't know your situation. But QC kinetics can have a you get a free consultation with them, and they can, you know, explain to you about these regenerative therapies that are done in office. There's no downtime and apparently it's worked for tens of thousands of people across this country. So you do want to avoid surgery. Imagine there's uncertainty with that and you've got long recovery pt and all that. Maybe you can't lift the grandchildren anymore, or you're having trouble sleeping or walking, you know, like that first get out of bed when you get up in the morning kind of thing, and maybe just misdoing things because the joint pains holding you back. There's a lot of golfers out there that may not be able to golf well. QC Kinetics. Give them a call. Take advantage of the free consultation to learn how the latest advances in regeniti medicine can get you lasting pain relief with no drug, surgery or downtime. QC Kinetics number. I'll give it to you three times so you can remember it. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Wood and.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says not bad for today. We may get a little rain out there, but it's looking pretty good. Showers are possible after two pm. They're saying, we'll see if I have fifty eight and only a fifteen percent chance of rain at first pitch, so it should be pretty good. Showers overnight mostly cloudie otherwise with a little forty eight morning showers. On Friday morning, it'll turn partly cloudy and warmer though seventy three for the high, down to fifty seven overnight with some clouds and a little rain on Saturday is forecast at high of seventy seven thirty nine. Right now, time for a traffic updates from.
Speaker 6: The UCUP Triumphans Center for National Doctor's Day Sunday, we honor You see how physicians who are leading breakthroughs from better Tomorrow's learn more. And you see how dot com stappend two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence purg Rampa and the Carroll Cropper Bridge.
Speaker 2: It didn't take along at all to clear and accident.
Speaker 6: And he's found two seventy five near Dixie Highway in northern Kentucky. All looking good there now Chuck Ingram on fifty five k see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty nine Happy five kars de talk station Opening day. Everybody's a Reds fan on opening day at least so and good luck to the Reds. I'm hoping they have a good season. Be nice, wouldn't it? Over to the phone, so I five went three two three talk Edwin, Thanks for calling this morning, welcome to the program. Oh, thank you very much. Good morning to you and everyone.
Speaker 3: I just had a quick question.
Speaker 10: When when the Wuhan stuff started a long time ago and the President said that it possibly came from there, they.
Speaker 3: Call them racist because you know it.
Speaker 10: Did come from there, but anyway, and they proved that it did. Now, my question to you is with this upticking measles that's going on, it's happened, it's been found that it's happened between the last.
Speaker 1: Few years or so.
Speaker 10: Could it be related to the amount of people that crossed the border. I'm not saying it is. I'm just finding a coincidental.
Speaker 1: Well, it's easy for you to line up those those dots and reach that conclusion. You know, of course, like the like the Wuhan institud of Virology lab leak which I think everyone is right, mind knows exactly. That's where it came from, our lords and masters, controlling and manipulating what we learn and what we know, probably depriving us of a lot of information that might allow you to reach eight and a real conclusion in that regard, you know, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because they haven't been vetted.
Speaker 10: They haven't been vetted, coming in a lot of them that snuck in, and so I don't know, I mean, I'm I'm Spanish myself, I'm not I'm not calling. I'm not saying it's from them, but I just find a coincidental that yeah, I mean, well, the uptakes all of a sudden has happened within the last few years, and now we.
Speaker 1: Have to deal with this again exactly. And I think it's reasonable to come to that conclusion. And I hate the idea. And I know you're not concluding it's anything to do with race. It's nothing to do with race. Being critical of a lab being critical, right, being critical of a lab that is manufacturing deadly viruses is being critical of a lab that's manufacturing deadly virus that happens to be in China and it's being run by the Chinese Communist Party is not a statement that is racist. That's where it is. We are essentially at war Wood, sure thing man, thanks for calling. I always get outraged when people accuse people of racism. Our borders are open. I don't care what color or what country anyone comes from that comes across the border. As I've mentioned several times this morning, we are in a fiscal crisis in this country, and every human being who comes across the border illegally is a drain on the system. Look at the school districts that have been overwhelmed, Look at the number of people that have added to the ranks. California is putting all of the illegal immigrants on Medicaid. I got an article right here that points it out. Already problematic financially, already broad with fraud, waste, and abuses. I just talked about the other day, double dippers. You're gonna add tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of additional people on a system that's already troubled, and and and and one of the components of the fiscal calamity that we are currently dealing with on a federal level. It's a dollars and cents issue. It has nothing to do with race. And in terms of the Chinese Communist Party, another article I read, you got how many people? I'll find a figure, but tens of thousands of military age Chinese Communist Party people are have come into our country because of Joe Biden's open borders policy. Now you think they're not up to know they're up to no good? I do. You can't get out of China and come to the northern border or southern border without some sort of facilitation from the Chinese Communist Party. They run a really oppressed to regime there. They know what people are doing and where they are going, and they need to offer you get you have. You need approval from the government to leave the country. Listen, one of the freedoms in America, there's so many people that take for granted is you can get up and drive out of your state and decide to move to a different state. You don't need approval from anyone. They need a passport, of course, to get out of the country, because well, the country that you are going to requires that you have a passport. It proves who you are. Wow, there's a protection in place. Is it racist that they require passports. It's a mechanism of control. It's a mechanism of keeping evil people out of the country. That's why they have terrorist watch lists in other countries as well as ours. That's one of those left wing talking points of racist.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have anything to do with race, not a thing. And I tell you, I love the Chinese people, but I to test their authoritarian regime. I detest that they micro manage people's lives. I detest that they have the ability to deny you the opportunity to buy something if you don't meet their standards, which includes towing the Chinese Communist party line. You can be denied goods and services in China. You can be denied an opportunity for a place to live if you're not a kami in China, or you don't bow to the whims of Xizhenping. That's an evil regime. It doesn't matter what you look like. It's the politics you advocate. JAYZ Louise sixty five five kre Se Detalk Station. Anybody comes at you with that kind of argument, just onload on them or calmly state reality to them. Either way you choose in terms of the debate. You're on the winning side, Nick, Save up to fifteen hundred and fifty genuine real dollars. That's a lot of money. A new carrier comfort system for my good friends at Zimmer Heating and Cool and the experts at HVAC Systems. They are wonderful at what they do. They've been making Cincinnati homes greater, Cincinnati homes safe, efficient and comfortable more than seventy five years. Family name right there on the company and Chris Simmer and the team will take wonderful care of you. And they represent the company Defended air Conditioning, and that's Carrier and that's where you save the money. So get a new Cool Carrier comfort system. Save up to fifteen hundred and fifty bucks and enjoy the great customer service from the fine folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Get in touch with them tw one of two ways five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Please don't Brian said I again, five to two to one ninety eight ninety three. You can schedule the appointment very easily online and learn about all the services they offer. Head on over to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: That's go zimmer dot com fifty five KRC it's opening day.
Speaker 1: Here's the wether forecast in twel nine. We have clouds increasing throughout the day. The showers become possible anyway after two pm. Fifty eighth is going to be the high over night little forty eight with a few showers. Seventy three to high tomorrow with showers in the morning. Otherwise it's partly cloudy, partly cloudy overnight in the little fifty seven showers possible. On Saturday, seventy seven is going to be the high. Let's see temperature currently is thirty six. It is time for traffic chuck.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 6: For National Doctor's Day Sunday, we honor the u SEE Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better tomorrows. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Highway traffic doing just fine. I'm not seeing any major problems to deal with, with the exception of southbound two seventy five slowing between the Lawrenceburg ramp and the work on the Carrol Cropper Finley Market streets are set to close around eight o'clock to get ready for the parade. Chuck Ingram fifty five KRS feet talk station. I just looked up Facebook.
Speaker 1: There's a meme Thank you, Drew Bappas. I didn't notice the first day you posted it, but it's the I guess it's an IRS building and someone put a Tesla sign on top of it. Headline from the Babylon b Elon Musk disguises IRS building as a Tesla dealership, so Democrats will burn it down. Oh high comedy compliments of memes these days. Department of Government officially, okay warning, if you're upset at where your taxpayer dollars are being sent because they take your labor converting into tax dollars and then spend it on stupid things. I'm just giving you a trigger alert. So we have an announcement from the Department of Government Efficiency. It has terminated thankfully, one and thirteen contracts total value four point seven billion dollars quarter release on x Tuesday, Agencies terminated one hundred and thirteen wasteful contracts with the ceiling values four point seven billion, in savings of three point three billion, including a one hundred and forty five thousand dollars USDA consulting contract for PERU climate change activities. Five hundred and fifty seven million canceled for in American last grants totally two hundred and thirty seven million in savings funding it was canceled. Includes ten million dollars for gender equity in the Mexican workplace, twelve point two million for worker empowerment in South America. Think of how big South America is. It's a continent, for God's sake. How far would twelve point two million dollars go? And what is worker empowerment anyway? Sounds like a slush fund that people would tap in to use for nefarious purposes. Six point twenty five million four quote improving respect for workers' rights in agricultural supply chains in the countries of Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador. Would you say, Joe? Oddly specific also eliminated Fox News reporting five million dollars to elevate women's participation in the workplace in pick a country, wrong rest Africa four Joe Cho's believe four point three million dollars to assist foreign migrant workers workers in Joe say shells No, Malaysia. Three million dollars to enhance socials, security, access and worker protection for internal migrant workers in not New Zealand, Joe, Bangladesh Sosia security access. So wait a second, in actual cap on socias security, you might not understand that social security benefits are going to internal migrant workers. That seems to me to be Bangladeshi's in Bangladesh. Wrap your head around that. Three million dollars for safe and inclusive work environments in not Indonesia, Joe, the southern African country of Losfo says, Oh, it's beautiful there this time of the year. Is that where you're going when you go on vacation? Joe lesotho, Oh, okay, I'm not. I won't reveal now again in the grand colossal scheme of things low hanging fruit, and it does doesn't add up to a whole lot compared to what we are in the hole in in terms of trillions of dollars. So so far, at least as of March twenty six, those claims on its side anyway, that it has saved Americans one hundred and thirty billion dollars. So when you stare at a trillion dollars, which is one thousand stacks of one billion dollars, you can just take a basically one and one third stack out of the trillion dollars, This translates to eight hundred and seven dollars and forty five cents per American taxpayer, which you know, if you're on a budget, that's some money. But see, and they just really literally started to work. And once they start incorporating some artificial intelligence and they start incorporating a little more deep dive into like, for example, the Medicaid problems that I just pointed out earlier, people getting insurers getting paid double, getting paid for patients that are not even living in the state. You know, that adds up to a whole lot of money, as the Wall Street Journal reported four point three billion dollars over three years. It adds up Medicare and Medicaid together to US taxpayers more than one point eight trillion dollars a year. So you can shave a sizeable portion out of that one program simply by not paying twice for the same patient. Six fifty five and Musk is evil. As you go out and getting ready to burn a Tesla today or Kia Tesla, you're angry at Elon Musk for doing what were you one of the one that was going to be getting one of the Peruvian climate change activity grants. Is that why you're mad? Are any of the people destroying Elon musk cars from Lesotho upset that that grant's been canceled. He's a Nazi six to fifty five fifty five k citytalk station in Sidio, our citizen watchdog, former Inspector General Todd Zenzer. We'll talk about the city fraud, wasted abuse hotline. We'll talk about the new sports arena which we don't have the money to build, and we'll talk a little bit about who he's for supports for mayor as well. We'll talk to Corey Bowman eight oh five, and of course it's Thursday. I always look forward to eight thirty on a Thursday. iHeart me the aviation expert Jay Ratliff. I hope you can stick around from a.
Speaker 2: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station. This reboard is sponsored. Buses made, the promises kept politicians won't do. Join us in the chat cost out a politician and I love it. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven o six at FTY five kars De Talk Station. I'm very happy Friday, Eve Lash Thursday to you got to hurt Me the aviation. Next for Jay Raff of A thirty, Corey Bowman's going to join the program in one hour telephone. This time. He won't be in studio, but we're gonna get his comments about the debate and his campaign seems to be doing pretty well by all accounts, and someone knows all about that. Our citizen watch dog, Todd Zinzer, former Inspector General, is in studio. Todd Man, it's always a pleasure. You know so much about what's going on in the city of Cincinnati. It just cracks me up. I mean, the couple of stories you talked about as you came in the in the studio this morning, you have got me laughing, and we're gonna get to those. I'm not going to keep that information under wraps, but it's good to have you in the studio. Mike you Brian, thank you for what you're doing. Oh and real quick, I just want to interject because cribbage Mike, my listeners know cribbage. Mike's guy played cribbage with he was a submariner. Thank you for your service to our country, but also for passing this along. If you're gonna go to the parade, there's gonna be something extra special going on. Uh, Mike, let me know that he along with his local submarine veterans, are going to be in the opening day parade with the thirty foot replica of the United USS Cincinnati sub and he noted that the actual parts of the decommission in the USS Cincinnati will be the centerpiece of the Cold War Memorial and Museum at the Voice of America Park. So keep your eyes peeled for that and give him a big round of applause and thank those guys for the amazing service for our country. Can you imagine being stuck in that tin can underwater for I think he said his longest was fifty seven days or something like that. Ah, tough job. That one is tough job. Toms Enzer's got keep it on top of all the fraud, waste and abuse in Shenanigans going on.
Speaker 2: Let us begin.
Speaker 1: With atab provol Okay, we'll get to the debate and your perception of the debate a little bit later in the segment, but let me tell my listeners about the complaint that's been filed, because I think we have what is rightfully called a Shenanigan's declaration in the form of a lawsuit.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a complaint to the Ohio Election Commission. Oh, okay, okay, Oh, you see, filed by Kurt Hartman. Ah, Kurt's at it again. And the report in the Inquirer said he filed it on behalf of Jim Burns. People who are in the Republican Party know who Jim Burns is. But the complaint is about debt that Mayor Purval has on his financial disclosure report to three different outfits totally in about eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So you got to file a financial disclosure report in connection with what campaign contributions, the work that's been done on behalf of the campaign, that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Exactly, you have to disclose your donors and then you have to disclose what you spent your donor's money on. So the complaint concerns the fact that this debt was on the books for Mayor Purvol so long that it's essentially forgiven under election law. I guess, almost like a statute of limitations. Yes, it's a statute of limitations. And so Kurt's complaint is that the fact that these debts were allowed to expire constitute campaign contributions.
Speaker 1: Okay, The money that is expressed is debt, that's for services rendered. Yes, So if I'm doing like legal work on behalf of a campaign, or you know, I've I've printed up signs on behalf of a campaign, the presumption is that is disclosed, it's listed as a debt, and that the debtor pays me back for the services that I render. That's correc That's exactly what these three line items represent. Yes.
Speaker 7: And the three firms include Perkins cooy Oh. Now, the Enquirer says it's Seattle base, but they're very they at least during Russia Gate, which is what they were all caught up in. They're at Washington, d C. Law firm. And then he owes them fifty eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: The second is an outfit called Spiro's Consulting, also a big Democrat consulting firm in Washington, DC. And the third is SKD Knickerbocker and Mayor Purvol's campaign owes them fifteen thousand dollars. So SKD Knickerbocker is a heavy hitter in the Democratic circles in Washington, DC. And as it turns out, that's the outfit that the Norfolk Southern's Political Action Committee used during the railway campaign. And SKD. Knickerbocker got about ninety percent of that six million dollars.
Speaker 1: And I run the propaganda campaign to sell the railroad.
Speaker 7: Yes, that was SK Knickerbocker. I don't know if this bureau's consulting was part of the railway campaign or not, but it could have been. But there's definitely some interconnections there. Well, I would say, and it's like rounding up the usual suspects, getting the gang back together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're putting the band back together anyway, it's late for lunch, that's right. It was me money.
Speaker 7: So the only issue is and actually, when I filed a complaint against Purvoll's campaign during the railway campaign, if you remember Mayor Purval in the Political Action Committee for Norfolk Southern shared the same treasurer.
Speaker 1: Remember that it's a really incestuous relationship.
Speaker 7: Yes it is. So the complaint we filed was that who's deciding that Mayor Purval is in these commercials? Is that his campaign treasurer who's running the Norfolk Southern campaign. So we we filed that complaint. In the penalties for violations of Ohio election law is kind of pitiful and at least the report in the report in the Enquirer this morning said that the potential penalties are one hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 1: So this has been sitting around for three years. Though, you know what you said at the outset, I don't well sustatied limitations.
Speaker 7: I think it's probably I don't know exactly how long, but it's probably five years, I would think so. But the Election Commission is not gonna if they even hear the complaint, they're not going to impose a significant penalty like that. I'd be very very surprised.
Speaker 1: Well, why is that. I mean, they have a record of being, you know, lightto on the touches.
Speaker 7: Yes, when I filed my complaint back during the railway campaign, Kurt even told me that, well, you'll get a good experience going to the Election Commission, but don't expect a lot of results.
Speaker 1: Well, who sits on the election Commission? I didn't really look into that.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm assuming that they're appointee of the governor, but don't I don't really know. I think there are appointees from the governor.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd like to think that they would be politically neutral if there is a violation, and let's just assume, for the sake of this discussion, is a clear violation. He owes these people money and he didn't pay it, which means he got services for free, and as services translate to a campaign contribution under law. Yes, so if any politician, Republican or Democrat, did that, then you'd like to think that the reason that there is a penalty for doing that is to prevent people from getting free campaign contributions and campaign dollars. And well, that's disturbing that they don't exercise their enforcement power.
Speaker 7: Right and as a result, the campaigns just look at it as these whatever penalties they get is kind of the cost of doing business.
Speaker 1: So well you wonder why there's three Well, I know why they wouldn't seek a collections action or you know, send a letter, a dunning letter or something is because they're Democrats and they wanted to get a Democrat elected. That was their job and they succeeded in that regard.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's that would be my analysis as well.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's considered a campaign contribution.
Speaker 7: That is what Kurt's alleging.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so he at least goes through the process. Obviously it's been exposed in the Enquirer, so it's negative press for provol We can all say, well, this doesn't seem right, it doesn't smell right, and we can all look to the Elections Commission and if they don't do anything about it, maybe we can press the governor or whoever appoints the individual and the election Commission to do a better job of appointees and get people on there, like judges that we elect that don't enforce the law, to start doing their job.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: So the good thing about the complaint we filed, and I actually talk about this on my latest podcast, is that we got an atha David from a mayor Perval's treasurer who basically said, well, I wasn't just making the decisions about these commercials. We had a steering committee for the pack. Well, the steering committee's never been identified. We don't know who the steering committee is, who its membership is, and you know that's another one of these secret you know, deals with the city. So and the reason I started, the reason I went back to it is because of this arena issue where this five oh one C four has been formed and you know that's that's a potential dark money source.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll call that a tease for the next segment and we'll sort of dive into details on that because last time I checked todds Enzer Citizen Watchdog podcast, we don't have any money to build an arena. So pause six fifteen right now? Care see de talk station. Oh man, just scratching my head anyhow, Peter Subriakelorwilliams sven Hill is the only real estate team I would ever consider hiring. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I know Peter is a brilliant man. He has programs that know other real estate team is offering, and he's got quality real estate agents. They know what they are doing. They truly provide value to their clients. And for example, we got a guy named brand I don't want to have to find his last name. Sabre Group was able to get him multiple offers on his house the first day on the market and got him fifteen grand over asking price. In addition, they were able to negotiate the buyer to waive the inspection and gave Brandon post occupancy after closing without rent. You see what they can do for you. Their negotiating fields are phenomenal. They have programs that nobody else offer, like cash the Keys program, which allows you, if you're eligible, allows you to make a cash offer on the home. I know you don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting around in a suitcase, but it's effectively the same thing. You reconcile the whole thing with the Shabar Group after closing, but sellers love cash offers, and so that's effectively what the KSh THEA Keys program does. Just one of many opportunities you have with the Sabri Group and you won't have with others. So hire the best. Call them up five one three seven zero eight three thousand five one three seven zero eight three thousand Shabri Ccha b RS Group. Just search engine that you'll find them, or go online directly to seven zero eight three thousand dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Have you come.
Speaker 1: Channa Night? First one weather forecasts yay for opening day, and I think we're gonna be okay with the weather fingers crossed anyway. Showers are possible after HPM first pitch at ten minutes after four. They're anticipating only a fifteen percent chance of rain, so that's nice fifty eighth for the high over ninety showers and mostly clouds forty eight seventy three Tomorrow with morning rain and partly cloudy skies overnight well fifty seven with partly cloudy skies and a few showers possible on Saturday Saturdays I seventy seven right now thirty six and for.
Speaker 6: Traffic from the u See Health Tramphic Center for nansom of Doctor's Day Sunday, we honor the u See Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs from Beta.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's learn more and you see help dot com southbound.
Speaker 6: Seventy five doing okay through walk month slows just a bit at the Reagan Highway northbound seventy five. That's a bit heavier between buttermilk and Kyle's getting into downtown streets around the Finlay Market. They'll start to close at eight chucking Ram Month fifty five.
Speaker 2: K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Siout car Cee talk station Happy Friday, E Dodds ins or former Inspector General, and he's basically effectively the Inspector General or DOGE for the city of Cincinnati. Diving over to the new sports arena, you say it's called the Heritage Center, Now, I always call it the Coliseum because I'm old. Yes, that's the building. Yes, and they still have events there by the way. Oh yeah, okay, I don't know how.
Speaker 7: One of the issues is that they think with a new arena that they will have, they'll be able to put more events in a new arena than the one that Heritage has.
Speaker 1: So the claim is we're missing out on some big acts, big draws because there's not enough seating there for like the artists, and you know, hey, I'm selling out twenty five thirty thousand seed arenas that's only got what fifteen thousand seats in it or something like that.
Speaker 7: I think that's probably right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay, I've seen the gazillion concerts there, and I know the acoustics suck, and I know it's old. But well, they also pray.
Speaker 7: On the the fact that Cincinnati's a sports town and they say, oh, we want to get the NCAA tournament here.
Speaker 1: And okay, so grandiose ideas. Yeah, I think they tried to get the Olympics here too one time. I think you have right. What a colossal waste of effort that is. Anyway, So my understanding from you and the off air comments is the local businesses want the if there is a new one, and we haven't gotten into the logistics and realities whether or not we can even afford it. They w wanted to stay in the same place.
Speaker 7: Right, the businesses that the banks have an association, They even have a little taxing authority that group does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 7: They want to keep the arena on the banks, and there's a lot of people that agree with them. But the people proposing a new arena, they've concluded that that footprint of the current arena isn't large enough for the size arena they want to build.
Speaker 1: Do we know what size arena that they want to build? Is there some proposal? And no, it's going to have like that this many seats.
Speaker 7: Yes, the it was either the Regional Chamber or a consultant for the Regional Chamber has done a study for them, and it's several months old. Now, Okay, I haven't looked at it recently, but it's it's it's not all that persuasive, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: And for what specific reasons?
Speaker 7: Well, they you know, for example, they conclude that the current arena would have to shut down and not have any events.
Speaker 1: Well, it's probably owned. They can't do that, that's right.
Speaker 7: So there, their proposal assumes that they're not going to have any competition for these events. And I don't think the Heritage Center is going to go. Are they going to get rid of P and C Pavilion or River Bend too? Yeah, look at them all and the one that's across the river that is one university. That is one thing you hear from people is that don't we have enough I know venues around here?
Speaker 1: I know, but you're hoping. I think they are hoping that if you build this new grand facility that they're going to get like the NC two A tournaments to come correct. Okay, all right now, pivoting over to the location that is proposed. I know the current owners and the resident or the businesses around the Heritage Center want it to stay there. Let's assume for the sake of discussion, there isn't a big enough for print. Where do the powers that be that are pushing this agenda item want it to go.
Speaker 7: Well, the two locations that I've heard about is someplace in Queen's Gate I'm not exactly sure aware, and then the other is right there on Central Avenue where WCET is. Oh sure, I think they've tried to talk to WCET about selling out, and WCET has come back with an outrageous amount of money.
Speaker 1: That it will I bet so to move.
Speaker 7: I think it's up like the fifty million or something like that to move to move them.
Speaker 1: But that wouldn't be the only property to have to acquire to build a big facility there. They'd have to acquire a lot of land around there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not really sure about all that, but it will take a lot of land and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, your negotiation power goes up dramatically. It's like the last person standing over with the Rookwood comp Remember that one house that they refuse to give in and that one loan house with all the open field land, after all the other houses have been knocked down. You can hold out. You can get a lot of money. Yeah, well, let's talk about the financials on this one. Wherever it might happen to go. I guess the folks in the Heritage aren't going to sell and they're not going to close down their operation. This sort of renders this entire conversation moot.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, I think that the proponents of the new arena are assuming that the current arena will go away. But you know they could stick around and outcompete the new arena. Actually they certainly could.
Speaker 1: Let's pause, will bring former Inspector General and current Inspector General Todd Zinser. Follow if listen to Citizen Watchdog. That's his podcast. He's talking about this kind of stuff every week. So we'll be here more from Todd. Coming back after I mentioned Butt Herbert. My friends at but Herbert, I consider them friends because, you know what, they helped me out so much. When I got my new lawn equipment. I had to get a new mower, and I had that terrible box store experience and thank you. Friends do good things for friends. And so my friend Jim Keefer recommended to get in touch with Bud Herbert, who I hadn't heard about, but they have been around now for more than seventy five years. This is fifth generation family owned operated. You do work with a Herbert family member, and they are proud of what they sell. Highest quality, top quality brands and lawn equipment on the market. You got John Deere, you got x Mark, you got steel, you got hot To power equipment. They know everything there is to know about the equipment they sell. They'll deliver it to you and they'll services it for you. When it comes down to service, there's no downside working with Bud Herbert and you're supporting a local, family owned and operated company and they care about the family name, which is why they provide such great customer service, putting me in the right piece of equipment that you'll be very happy with. And I know they did that for me. So here's my advice to you. Friends, to friends, Budheerbertmotors dot com, Bud Hebertmotors dot com, and when you call them and talk with one of those Herbert family members, please tell them Brian said, Hi, I mean that's sincerely five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four to one thirty two ninety one fifty.
Speaker 2: Five car The talk station the new I heard of is the Wild.
Speaker 1: Channa and weather Forecast. Opening day parade and opening day. Trade starts at noon first pitch four to ten and the rain opportunity shows up around two pm. I don't think it's a significant one. Today's high fifty eight overnight, a few showers in a little forty eight morning showers tomorrow with a seventy three high and partley cloudy skies most.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Party cloudy overnight is well fifty seven to the low and up to seventy seven on Saturday with the chancel showers as well. Thirty five degrees Right now, time for traffic from the use.
Speaker 6: Of Health Traumphic Center for a national doctor today we honor you see Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better tomorrows.
Speaker 2: Learn more at u see health dot com.
Speaker 6: Highway traffic continues to build just a bit sap Pens seventy five at the latter Row and north pounds seventy five at Kyle's. Not a whole lot of trouble getting into downtown right now. Know then the streets around Finley Mirkret are second eight to get ready for the parade.
Speaker 2: Shock kingbram On fifty five KRSNE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk station Happy Friday. Eve Todds ends are in studio again his podcast Citizen watch Dog, talking about the kind of thing we're talking about here at the fifty five KRC Morning Show this morning. Well, I told you off air that this whole arena thing seems sort of kind of half baked, and it's not even half baked. It's just like an amorphous blob under the head and under the heading we need a new arena. And then as soon as you pull back to veneer of just the general concept, because you might get everybody nod their head and go, yeah, wouldn't it be nice? Yeah, the Colisseum or you know, Heritage Center, it sucks. It's outdated. I remember seeing the cinc Any Stingers playing there back in the seventies and it hasn't changed much. You know, it's not big enough. You get the big act, So, okay, that sounds like a great idea, and then as soon as you move to the logistics behind it, it just seems like an insurmountable task. Yeah, so you got location problems. They want it to be, say on Central Avenue, but you have to buy out thet w CET building, and then a whole lot of other privately owned properties around that, So acquisition costs for just the land, you haven't even put a brick in the ground in terms of building the stadium, and you're already tens of millions of dollars in the hole from an acquisition costs. Plus they'll probably be litigation because some people wouldn't want to sell, like you're not going not to our neighborhood. There's always that. Then you've got the competition factor that you pointed out Heritage Center that we're privately own. We're not going to shut down. Screw you guys, right, we can still get draws. An act that comes in that can't fill a thirty thousands for arena, we've got fifteen thousand. They may sell that out. We're the perfect size. There's also Riverband PNC, the venue across the street of across the river over at the University. I'm sorry, I can't remember what that one's called. And of course the smaller venues like the Brady Center, which you know, we're talking different types of acts. We've got a lot, a whole lot, and then money, of course, money relates to exsition goes. But we all have a bad taste in our mouth from the stadium deal. But you told me off air, and it's important for listeners to know there's a five oh one C four corporation that's behind this. Yes, the Hamilton County Growth Alliance. Wait till you hear what their idea is. Listeners who know what the stadium deal, remember when you voted to build the stadium FKA Paul Brown Stadium the Great American Ballpark, what did you agree to? You agreed to pay more taxes for the purposes of building those two venues, and then you got stabbed in the back because they didn't get the reduction of taxes that was promised to you when you voted for it. So with that background, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, the report about the Hamilton County Growth Alliance is that one of the sources of funding that they're looking for, they think they'll be able to get access to the sales tax receipts that were approved by the voters for the stadium and the Great American Ballpark. And don't I don't understand that enough to know what they're really even talking about. It doesn't sound like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: No, And if they've somehow got their hand in that cookie jar, maybe there might be litigation related to doing that.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing about five oh one c fours is that they do not have to disclose their donors. So that creates a situation where it kind of becomes or could become, what they call dark money, and that that money you don't know who it's coming from, and you don't know what other areas of our civic life that they're influencing. For example, two incumbent members of city council came right out supporting the Hamilton County Growth Alliance and you have to wonder, well, what's their relationship with this FIB four.
Speaker 1: Going back to a to provall financial disclosure statements of just tuckling along those lines.
Speaker 7: And it is it is a very similar situation. You don't know who the donors are, just like you don't for the Hamilton County Growth Alianes, just like you don't know who's on the steering committee. And there's there's a lot of secrets that go on in this town. I've always heard about the meeting before the meeting, which means somehow the city council members get together and make decisions before they come into the council room, and.
Speaker 1: It got me thinking that it sounds like the Gang of Five problem.
Speaker 7: H Well, I don't know how they do it. Like do you remember the scandal that Sherry Coolidge reported on about the railroad board meeting in executive session and making decisions in executive session?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, an executive session excludes the public.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, Well, I've never seen the city Council go into executive session to talk about anything. Where when do they get their information about what they're voting on it? I think what happens is I think what I think what happens at the city manager. I heard her speak one time and she kind of let it slip. She kind of indicated that she meets with every member of city Council on a regular basis individually, individually. And I know that's what Aftab did on or Mayor Purval did on the railway deal. They kept that secret, and he would he went around and I think he said this, He went around to each member of city Council individually on the QT to tell them that hey, we're talking about selling a railway. And I thought that was very unusual.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course the transparency raw laws and rules would require them to announce this and make it an open discussion. And we know the Gang of five got in trouble because they were making decisions collect five of them anyway behind the scenes, got busted for that. So you're telling me the way around this and the way they work around this, which is very easy to do. It just requires a little more time. Rather than meeting one big room, you got the mayor going individually and then talking to one of the council people and saying, Hey, the other council people I've already talked to have already agreed with me that this is the direction we need to go. Are you on board with me on this?
Speaker 7: I think that's how it I think that's how it has to be working, because they have litigation, they have personnel matters, they have all kinds of things that you know they should discuss as a council but not in public. That's why executive sessions exist. But you never see them going into executive session. So I don't know how they deliberate. I think you may have stumbled upon it, Toddzinser, which is why you're great at what you do. Seven thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Right now, we'll talk with them a little bit more get his thoughts and reactions to the mayoral debate the other day. He was there, he saw it all, and we'll see what he has to say about well, who he would like to see as mayor. First Callin Electric for all your residential electric needs projects. You just call the people a Culin outstanding is at what they do. Andrew Cullen and his great team of highly trained, wonderful customer service license electricians to do all of your residential electric projects as they have for me over the years, at the right price. To speaking of price service upgrades, thank you people who are responsible for changing the code. Apparently last spring they change the code regarding service upgrades and it now costs a whole lot more than he used to shocking no one. Well, Colin understands that, and so now through the end of April, they're going to knock twenty percent off a new service installation for your home. So it's the power up your home sale means great savings on the service upgrade for my friends at Colin Electric. Twenty percent off the installation of a new panel and service equipment for your home. It extends to above or below ground residential single family service of four hundred ams or less and extends the breaker panel and main service upgrades only. So take advantage of the savings and get a ten year warranty on the installation which comes along with any electric project they do for you that warranty. Call them up five one three two two seven four one one two. Tell the team, Brian said, high five one three two two seven four one one two Online Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot.
Speaker 2: Com fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Did you know even this? Here's your nine first one wether forecast. Not bad for opening day. I think we're gonna survive, and maybe just a little bit of rain. They say it'll show up after two, but it's this possible rain, So fingers crossed with the parade and for opening day. Fifty eight is going to be our high today down to forty eight over night with a few showers. We get a morning rain tomorrow and then partly cloudy sky is seventy three, just clouds over night fifty seven and a little rain on Saturday as well, possible seventy seven for the high thirty six degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, time for traffic from the UC Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: For National Doctor's Day, we honor the u see Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better tomorrow. Let's learn more at you see health dot com. SAT found seventy five heavy or through block on northbound seventy five at an extra five out of arrow linger into downtown streets around the Fendley Market, set to close at the top of the hour to prepare for the parade.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR Scene Deep Talk Station bou Krecity Talk Station. I love my conversations with Todd Zinzer, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Kind of frustrating recognizing all the problems that you are uncovering and all the realities that make them even seem even more batcrap insane than they are. Todd, and you got the Shenanigans going along with it, Like, how are all these efforts just like sort of coordinated and magically show up one day where everybody's in agreement on what's going to happen. But before we get to your thoughts and impressions on the mayor ol debate the other day, which I'm interested in, the city borrowed another thirty million dollars yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they have they approved either approved that they just moved it on to another another meeting. But the bottom line is they're going to borrow thirty million dollars. They're going to issue bonds for an additional thirty million dollars five point five I think for a health center and OTR and twenty nine million for a like a community center around Findlay around Finley Market, because.
Speaker 1: They're going to be a whole brand new couple of buildings for these Yes, they're relocating, well, they're selling off a whole bunch of buildings like the Elms and Ducky building and some of the other buildings that were identify up for sale.
Speaker 7: That's the county.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the county. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: And it's funny because that's the same thing that's going on in the federal government that everybody's complaining about.
Speaker 1: I don't here.
Speaker 7: The county commissioners are smart enough to do it here locally, so.
Speaker 1: Good for them. Good for them. Yeah, I agree, But I just I mean, there has to be available space. I mean, isn't something out there that is being unused there could be easily acquired that wouldn't require that level of capital expenditure. To have it done and accomplish the goals they want to accomplish. Oh, but it won't be LEADS certified or something, right, Yeah, exactly, And it won't put their friends in the construction business into more jobs either. Huh.
Speaker 7: Well, that area is getting a lot of has gotten and it continues to get a lot of resources from the city.
Speaker 1: All right, But in terms of dollars and cents you mentioned to me off air, it's important to understand they had they got an initial twenty one million dollars laying around over there.
Speaker 7: Well, the city manager issues a memo every month about the finances, and this most recent memo says that they have collected twenty one million dollars more than they had budgeted for. So they're in high cotton right now in terms of in terms of cash.
Speaker 1: Well, they just write a check. At least one building's only five and only five and a half million dollars they could pay for that other pocket.
Speaker 7: Well that's what that's what I think. But I guess I guess that's not how they do business.
Speaker 1: So did were the terms of conditions of the borrowing released? I mean, what the percentage of interest is, how many years it's going to be that we're paying interest on them.
Speaker 7: They're going to leave all that up to the finance department for the city. So they have just general parameters that they that they've approved, but the actual borrowing is going to be decided by the city administration.
Speaker 1: And of course the taxpayers have no say in this matter.
Speaker 7: No our says. As soon as they vote to prove it, our say is pretty much over.
Speaker 1: I think, jeez, did anybody vote or come to some understanding that yes, these are absolutely necessary structures to build.
Speaker 7: Well, that's all done by the city council, and it's all you know we talked about how.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure. All right, Well, let's pause. We'll bring Todd back his analysis of the mayor Old debate one more with citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer. After I mentioned something that is affordable, medical imaging can be affordable at least by comparison, and I know, you know, it's still hundreds of dollars, But why would you want to pay thousands of dollars when you can get the same thing all things pretty much equal except the overhead four hundreds of dollars. Consider your echo cardiogram at a hospital three thousand, four thousand dollars, a couple of extra bills with radiologists report and whatnot well and affordable imaging services that echo cardiogram and they can get you right in as opposed to the imaging department of the hospital which may set you back weeks and if not a month, get you right in and if you don't need an enhancement, it's only five hundred bucks. If you need an enhancement, it's eight hundred and yes, it includes a board certified radiologists report that you and your doc will get both within forty eight hours. Same thing for mri ct scans and ultrasounds. Ultrasounds could be two thousand or more dollars in a hospital. Yeah, it's only two hundred and fifty dollars at affordable imaging service for an ultrasound. I know you're not going to be a lot of bells and whistles there. There's not a lot of marble and water features and sculptures. And you know that's what you get at the hospital. You have to pay for that. So don't they have the same kind of equipment to hospitals use you get them? The radiologises reports is no different than anything can come from a hospital, so don't pay that much. Exercise your choice. You get a choice when it comes to your medical care. Learn more online. The website is Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number to schedule the appointment five one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station downline.
Speaker 1: Weather poor opening day, It's not gonna be bad. Chance of rain starts at about two pm fifty eight to high today, showers over night forty eight. We got morning showers tomorrow, otherwise partly cloudie in seventy three fifty seven overnight, which is closen clouds and chance of showers on Saturday as well with the highest seventy seven thirty six degrees.
Speaker 2: Now time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: For National Doctors Day Sunday, we honor the UCE health physicians who are leaving breakthroughs from better Tomorrow's learn more right you see healthigh northbound seventy five and an extra five out of Burrow Anger into downtown saying for southbound seventy five through Walkland. There's a work crew northbound seventy five s ran to westbound seventy four let lanes blocked off Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five kr CE DE Talk Station one more with in studio Todds Enter Citizen Watchdog the podcast. Follow him and check out what he's got to say Former Inspector General all over the Shenanigans going on, mostly in the City Council. Before I get you know, every time we go out of Breakman, you give me something else I want to talk about. I want you to, really, really quickly just give us an update on the status of the Hyde Park redevelopment, which requires a zoning change, a variance from the zoning laws. Now Hyde Park has a say on certain matters. They've got their own community council and they're against it. The citizens of Hyde Park don't want that, absolutely one percent.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: In my backyard. The City of Cincinnati City Council wants it.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 7: I believe that they will vote to approve it if but only because they're so far in the pocket of these developers.
Speaker 1: Right, We've talked about how influential these developers are with the city council members in the area. So if the city pushes it forward and approves it, that trumps what the voters in Hyde Park want. Yes, absolutely, which may have a significant outcome on the upcoming elections.
Speaker 7: Well, I would think so if you've got a voting block over they have over three thousand, I think I heard the number thirty five hundred signatures on a petition. Now that's a pretty big voting block.
Speaker 1: And that's a significant amount of moneyed voters as well. Yes, it is. They sometimes write campaign checks.
Speaker 7: And here's the thing. They're not opposing development. They're opposing this development because it doesn't conform to the current zoning right, and it seems like a no brainer for the council to say, you know what, let's think about this some more.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, I got my popcorn out on that one, and none of this influences me, But man, I'm telling you that could have a sizeable, sizeable influence on the upcoming election. So pivoting over to that. You were there for the debate the other night, I was what'd you think? What was your takeaway? Because what I heard primarily from Jim Kiefer. I mean, he did get into some specific topics, but generally speaking, the moderator was quite biased in favor of aftab pur Ball.
Speaker 7: I think for the most part, yes, I mean early, the first question out of the box for all three, well, for the two Republicans, the question was what qualifies you to be mayor? And then for Mayor Pervoll, the question was what have been your accomplishments?
Speaker 2: Okay, so right off the bat.
Speaker 7: So that led him into probably it was much longer than two minutes. A whole narrative, which is all he's all about, is narrative of all his accomplishments, including the real road sale. He took credit for the Brent Spence Bridge, even though that's been an op you know, an ongoing saga for decades.
Speaker 1: Obama campaign in front of the bridge.
Speaker 7: He took credit for connected communities, which nobody likes. And so he went through all of his accomplishments and which I think is a good thing, so that Corey Bowman knows exactly what his narrative is and can start poking holes in it.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's a perfect setup. It's like bullet points. Here's what Pervoll is proud of and his accomplishments. Here's why it was a bad idea and a bad thing. Yes, and template.
Speaker 7: So I went to City Hall yesterday, to the City council meeting, and I suggested that or I said, one question that wasn't asked, that should have been asked, is the candidates that emerged from the primary, will you commit to additional debates in the general election?
Speaker 1: And of course council and the mayor don't have to answer questions that you pose, but you pose it anyway. What was the reaction from Prowall?
Speaker 7: He was pretty deadpan. Actually, I'm sure he doesn't have much of a reaction, which which kind of leads to my working in DC for over twenty years, and this is I think a lot of people do this. You put politicians in one of two camps. They're either a show horse or a workhorse. And Mayor Purvoll is a show horse. I think Corey Bowman is a workhorse, and so I think that's the choice that voters are going to have. And mister Purvoll is all about the narratives, and I don't really know that he feels what Corey Bowman feels in terms of the condition of the city and Corey.
Speaker 1: I've talked to Corey face to face quite a few times. I like the man. I like how engaged he is. You know, he doesn't come across at all as a polished politician, but he is passionate about the city. He loves the city. He has invested in an area that most people don't invest in, and he understands that there are some people that really truly wanted to invest in that particular area or by Dayton Street, but they had roadblocks done the way by city council that it doesn't conform with what their vision of a community should be, you know, denser housing and this whole connected community's crap. And since the developers that wanted to put money into the neighborhood weren't planning on doing something like that, then they just basically were told about And.
Speaker 7: What Corey pointed out in the debate on Tuesday night was that it seems like the city council wants to rely on these big developers to come in and do these big developments. Well, and meanwhile Corey wants to support the local builders and the local developers that have designs on smaller developments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one big difference.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. But I thought Corey did a good job. Again, mister Purvol's very polished and it was I thought it was a very informative, very entertaining debate.
Speaker 1: Great, well, I'm glad you're able to be there. You happen to always take you take time out of your life and your other responsibilities to always manage to be at the city Council, to be at the open events, be the take up on the opportunity to follow politics and very closely and on behalf of all of my listeners, most notably the residents of the City of Cincinnati and today's topics. I appreciate what you're doing. I really do. Thank you because we don't get reporting that are providing this type of information, and if it is provided, it comes across with a certain measure of bias. I agree with that you just report the facts as you observe them. Thanks again, brother, I appreciate you coming in and spending time with a citizen watchdog podcast. You find him online. Todd zenz Er will help you back again. I hope real soon stick around. Speaking of Corey Bowman, he's going to call in the program after the top of the Ron News. Then we get to hear from iHeart Media Aviation expert Jay Ratlift got a great list of topics with Jay. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Covering Trump's first one hundred days every day. America's deadline is over. Fifty five jrs the talk station. This report is that here Donald Trump rashing the e common recession looming. What happens next?
Speaker 6: Watch what happens will happen right here on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: It's eight oh five.
Speaker 1: Shiveto six here fifty five kr CD Talk Station. By the time's wishing every one a very happy Thursday slash Friday Eve and always looking forward to the bottom of this hour because we get to talk with iHeart Media Aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Good man he is, and quite a few interesting topics to talk with about. But no in the meantime, Welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show, coming off of what I understand was a pretty successful debate with Maraf tab Purval and the other guy, Corey Bowman running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Welcome back, my friend. It's good to have you on the show this morning.
Speaker 3: Hello Brian our happy opening day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you being the huge fan of the city of Cincinnati. You are, I presume you are a Cincinnati Reds fan. I think that kind of goes without saying, right absolutely, And where are you going to be today, Corey Bowman?
Speaker 3: So obviously the parade is going on, I believe I'll probably be I'll try to be around the Countain Square area if I can get through the crowd and everything. That's the main place I'm going to be. And then me and my family are sending the game.
Speaker 1: Great. Well, yeah, assuming you are identified, well, you're going to have a Corey Bowman T shirt on or a big sign that says Hi, I'm Corey Bowman and I'm running for mayor, or some way that people can identify you if they want to ask you a question or two.
Speaker 3: Corey, I'm going to have my flip the Natty T shirt on. I think that goes pretty well with the Reds coloring and everything as well. And then yeah, I'll probably have my pen on and hopefully people we can hopefully the right people will recognize me.
Speaker 1: I hope so. And you can get in touch with Corey Bowman through his website Coreybowman dot com. There's his campaign pledges and what he hopes to accomplish, an opportunity to donate, maybe get a yard sign, get some Corey Bowman T shirt so he can spread his name around. What did you think of the debate when you look back on and reflect on it. Were you happy? Because you know, Westside Jim was there. I know Todd Zenzer was there. He just got done talking about it. He said it came off he came off pretty well.
Speaker 2: Well, that means a lot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It was my first political debate outside of just family dinners, and so I felt really good about where we came across at the end of the night. You know, I don't want to say that I came in with low expectations, but I did. I just want to come through knowing that we stood our ground and that we were able to go toe to toe with him, And I believe that's exactly what happened. I believe that there was a lot of valid points that we made and we gave people opportunity to see.
Speaker 2: What we stand for.
Speaker 1: That's great. And understand from the reports, I got that Perval kind of ignoring the other candidate and really focusing his attention more on you, And I think that sort of speaks volume for the likelihood that you are going to win in the primary. It's going to be you head to head with with have to have pur ball.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, with everything with the campaign, you know, whenever we got getting the signatures to get on the ballot, I try to stay as tunnel visioned as I can, and so we've gotten a lot of positive feedback about the primary. But I'm just telling people we have to get out and vote. You know, specifically, I'm calling on all the Republicans in Cincinnati that if you believe that we could be the one on the ticket, for you to get out April eighth through May sixth, as early voting starts, and let's get this thing solidified.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the things I just learned from Todd Zenzer is you may end up finding yourself having a pretty good support for my friends in Hyde Park. Often, you know, they're educated, they're very you know what, It's a typically you know, stereotypically wealthy community but quite often lean blue and support Democrat candidates. But this whole project that they are all against, this redevelopment project. Their community council voted against it. This idea that this huge developer is going to come in and build these big structures which don't know, are completely inconsistent with the vibe and the architectural style of that historic community. But Cincinnati City Council looks likely to approve it, which means that trumps what the Hyde Park voters want. So you might find yourself in some good company in Hyde Park. Corey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, if you're going with the citizens and what they want to do, then in local government you.
Speaker 1: Should find yourself a good company.
Speaker 3: You know. Whenever all this development was first happening and we were researching it, that was a big thing we realized is that the opinions of the community councils were being completely ignored through the process. They said that they did some preliminary to get the opinions of voters, but when it was about to be solidified, people made their voices loud and clear that they did not want this to happen in High Park, and those voices, it looks like, are just being ignored by the local government.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's something that you experienced in your own life. Last time you're on you told me about there were a lot of developers, small developers, not politically connected developers who wanted to put a lot of you know, investment and money into rehabilitating some of the houses in your neighborhood. That's roughly around Dayton Street, right, Corey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's around they called bay Miller Block Dayton Street, really close to Lynn Street.
Speaker 1: Okay. So real developers with real projects and real money that will help the community, because any investment is better than leaving something dormant and empty. And yet the city of Cincinnati throws roadblocks up but because it isn't part of their connected community's vision. I mean that, I just I really quite often, Corey, you go back to what the what the citizens want, what the constituents want, versus what special interest group or moneyed developers want. And when the city defaults and goes with the money developers and these political action groups or these you know, non governmental you know, outrage constantly organizations which running contrast to what the voters want. You know, you got a real potential on this one, in spite of the fact that you're a Republican running in a blue city. I think more and more people waking up to this kind of reality. It's the connected people. It's not what you stand for. It's not the specific values of Democrats or Republicans, it's what's good for the citizenry. And they're not delivering on what's good for the city of Cincinnati and the voters.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, And to be honest with you, when I look at what we're standing for, I'm amazed because I feel like I'm a nineteen seventy Democrat, you know, finding the establishment of big times. Yeah, you know, government or corporations. But yet I'm running on a Republican ticket and I'm just sitting here like, weren't Isn't this supposed to be the party that is for the common man, that's supposed to be fighting against this stuff. But the developers and the city officials, the ones, these are the ones that are kind of holding back. In my mind, what I think is one of the best things about our city is the small businesses. The local developers might be able to flip one or two properties at a time, they're really not getting the benefit out of any of those.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. And I think more people are waking up to that reality, which gives you a fighting chance. Corey and a city that you know, a Republican couldn't get elected in I just see this opportunity, this possibility. Now after what's the same. For the sake of discussion, you win the primary, it's just you and after Purwall that's when the campaign kicks off in Ernest. I imagine you're going to be hitting the ground in all of the neighborhoods in the city. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean our strategy we have to mobilize and unify the Republican Party in our city because the last mayoral election only twenty six percent of voters showed up, So you've got seventy four seventy three percent of voters that didn't even feel like they had a voice, that didn't even feel like it mattered if they came out and vote. So for this primary, we're primarily focusing on the Republican Party or those that we know just have felt like they haven't had a voice. And then after the primary, that's when we really kick it into gear because we've got to go to these communities and show them that were.
Speaker 1: The right people for the job. Well, and I understand the after have Purvol pretty much gave you an outline on your for your campaign and his opening statement at the debate, he went through all of what he thought were his accomplishments, many of which I can't I don't think you can call an accomplishment Corey.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, when it comes to statistics and everything. I mean, you read some of the articles about the debate, they said that it wasn't in our favor, and then people that were in person they say it was in our favor. So I think that whatever your perspective is, you really got to go to the facts and the statistics. And I think one of the biggest things that was said was that crime has been low, that crime over the last four years is low, and really that's not the case. There's a few examples of very small incremental decrease when it comes to homicides and shootings, but overall, when you look at the statistics, you're looking at aggravated assault is actually up eight percent, I believe, and then you're looking at auto theft is up forty percent, and then you're looking at that, and then you're looking at robbery that's up nineteen percent, and overall the crime statistics this is talking about from twenty twenty two, first year he took office, to twenty twenty four. Overall, the crime reporting is up two point six percent. And so if you just focus or cherry pick certain statistics, you can say whatever you want about what's being accomplished. But if you're in the downtown area, you realize this isn't the case.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I like to think of the quote unquote uninformed voter, the one that really doesn't pay attention to politics. But if he hears the mayor suggests that crime is down, and he or she lives in a crime laden neighborhood, they're not going to buy that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't tell me crime is down. You don't live where I do. Apparently I could tell you all day long how bad crime is.
Speaker 3: No exactly, And you know, voters that are in these areas. It used to be that you can just concentrate all these failed policies into an area like the West End, and you can just always, you know, count on their vote no matter what, because you just think that they're ignorant to it. But all of these failed policies now are bleeding into all these other communities and people are starting to wake up all around the district.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Corey, you know, Coreybowman dot com. I encourage my listeners, most notably in the greater Cincinnati area. You can help him out, even if you don't live in downtown Cincinnati. What happens and goes on in the city of Cincinnati, the decisions are made by city Council and the mayor have a broad impact that transcends the boundary of the city limits. So the good it's good for all of us. If the city conditions improve, more people would likely to consider the area, generally speaking, including in Hamilton County the surrounding counties. If we have a stable, vibrant downtown Cincinnati, it's important for everybody. So with that in mind, get involved, get engaged, help Corey out, and maybe we can have a change in this in this community for the better. I know you're passionate about the city you love so much, Corey. It's why you're doing this and why you're running. And I don't know Aftab. I think he just enjoys being a politician more than he is passionate about the Cincinnati area.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to think that people get into public service to help people, and that's ultimately what we're in this to do.
Speaker 2: And so I tell people is if you're voting for.
Speaker 3: Me, you're not going for somebody that moved to Cincinnati to get into politics. Moved to Cincinnati in the downtown area because it's from here. He loves the city and he wants to see the best sports citizens there.
Speaker 1: You are, Coreybowman dot com. Is how you help him out? Corey, we'll have you back on the morning show soon. Will we show all the best on the campaign trail as we head on into the primaries. Hey, and enjoy Opening Day. It's just what's a wonderful tradition we have here in the city and one of the things that makes the city so great. And we'll keep our fingers crossed for a victory for the Reds today.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely. I told my son, my five year old son, last night. I'm surprised him. I told him we were going to the game, and I think that was a mistake because I don't think he slept the next three hours.
Speaker 1: It's his first game, it's his first.
Speaker 3: Opening Day game. We make a point to go to at least three to four games a year, but he's always wanted to go to Opening Day because he sees all the pictures of everything so we're all very excited.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. And if you want to talk to Corey Bowman, find him on Fountain Square during the parade time, Corey, have a great day today, be safe and we'll talk real soon. Thank you so much, my pleasure. Eight eighteen Here if you have KRCD Talk station, we got a little more to talk about. Plus Jay Rattliffe coming up at bottom of the hour. Look forward to that and I hope you do too. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: Hey twenty one if you five CARSD Talk Station Opening Day. I hope the Reds have a good season this year. I know it's easy to say that out loud, but we've quite often gotten let down over the years, so anyway, I know it's it's a proud tradition. It's one of the things that makes sense. Any great opening day parade is phenomenal. And as I've said earlier, if even if you're not a baseball fan, you know, it's just cool to see all the people down there and that everybody gets along. We just there's like one day a year you can count on where there's really probably not going to be much crime or any crime, and that people get along. All people of all different races and creeds and cities all have one thing in common. They like the reds managed to play nicely together. Oh if we could only do it that way all year long. Anyway, I just have to go back over this. Joe and I were having some fun with this this morning, and in spite of the much much, much broader problems we have in the federal government and spending. And thank god for the Apartment of Governmental Efficiency for letting us know that you and I had to go to work and pay taxes to get this stuff accomplished. And thank god for the Department of Government Efficiency for terminating it before the money went out the door. Announcements made earlier this week, agents the DOTCH terminated one hundred thirteen wasteful contracts with a sealing value of four point seven billion dollars, which results in three point three billion dollars in savings for you and me, including one hundred and forty five thousand dollars USDA consulting contract for Peru climate change activities.
Speaker 2: Peru.
Speaker 1: It does not and there and this sort of it is like a downhill slide in terms of the epics stupidity of these programs that thankfully had been canceled. Why is Elon Musk evil for canceling this Department of Labor canceled a five hundred and seventy seven million dollar American last grants totally two hundred and thirty seven million in savings. Savings from canceled contracts included ten million dollars for gender equity in the Mexican workplace, twelve point two million for worker empowerment in South America, and a comment I made earlier, I mean South America is a continent, millions and millions of people there. I mean, how quickly would you go through two point two million dollars in an entire continent? And how much how much you know, how how much worker empowerment whatever the hell that's supposed to mean? How much worker empowerment could you actually bring to an entire continent? Six point twenty five million for quote, improving respect for workers' rights in agricultural supply chains in Honduras, Quantmaa, Guatemala and El Salvador. Five million to elevate women's applicant women's app or participation rather in the workplace in West Africa four point three million to assist foreign migrant workers in Malaysia. Three million dollars to enhance this social security like initial cap as in what the United States Social Security system apparently, so I'm just relying on Fox News reporting on this anyway. Three million dollars to enhance social security access and worker protection for internal migrant workers in Bangladesh. Three million dollars for safe and inclusive work environments in the Southern African country of Lesotho. Had to look that one up. So the quest continues. And I went over this again because it's so epically dumb and stupid, and it's offensive to me as an American taxpayer, that this money is gone out the door. And I am the last person in the world to believe that that twelve point two million dollars by way of illustration for worker empowerment in South America actually left the country and wasn't put to some other probably nefarious from my perspective purpose. And Musk is evil, and you're gonna You're gonna go out and key up a tesla because he is revealing this kind of stuff to the American people. Right eight twenty six fifty five, Kirsty Talk Station thank God for iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe coming.
Speaker 4: Up next fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Weather time Brokening Day. We're gonna survive. I'm confident survive the rain anyway. Showers become possible after two pm a quarter to channel nine, and it'll be a high of fifty eight showers overnight with mostly cloudy skies Otherwise in the lower forty eight. Tomorrow morning showers followed by partly cloudy skies in a highest seventy three. Fifty seven overnight with some clouds and some rain is predicted for Saturday. Lots on Sunday. Saturday's high seventy seven thirty eight degrees. Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 6: Uc Help Traffhics Center. For National Doctor's Day Sunday, we honor the u See Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs from better Tomorrow's learn more at ucehealth dot com. South Bend seventy five break flights through Wachland northbound seventy five. You can add an extra five between Donaldson and downtown. That's an improvement. Southbound two seventy five continues slow at the Lawrence Perk Ramp down to the Carroll Croper Bridge.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the Talk station.
Speaker 1: Thirty one fifty both krcite Talk station always made a better day because this is the time of week we get the opportunity and the privilege and pleasure of talking with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratlif Jay, welcome back, my friend. Great heaving you on today.
Speaker 11: We get to talk on opening day as well. That makes it a double nice thing.
Speaker 1: It really is. Are you going to be into Are you in You're not the South and commands, so you're in town? Are you going to the game by any hands or the pred We are not.
Speaker 11: And I've gone to a couple of opening days and it's just been incredible. But this year now that but you know, we've got the Atlanta Brave season tickets, so we will be going to that opener next weekend. But no, we're in Cincinnati and joined this wonderful weather that we have here. But I'm excited. I mean, I work with Boston radio stations and Cleveland radio stations and they both say to me, Jay, you don't understand what you've got that manager. They took our young team and took us to the World Series. You guys have our young team and it's not going to be like the Reds of old, and of course I want to believe that, but you know, we so often feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football, and.
Speaker 2: You just don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good parallel right there.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's a perfect analogy for all of us that follow and plead for the Reds to win anytime this century.
Speaker 1: It's like the one moment in time, you know, they haven't played a game yet we can think about the idea and the concept of the Reds getting a pennant, right, it's like making it all the way so and that that quite often is a fleeting hupe. Anyhow well, fingers crossed with the Reds this year and whip. We got a whole bunch of topics today which I dearly love. Jay ratlifts and I commented out loud earlier it's like every time I talk to you, I've got this sort of running checklist reasons to fly and reasons not to fly. Number one on the list reason not to fly taken off from a taxiway.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, this one defies my ability to understand. I know you have a highly trained.
Speaker 2: Well I mean that's that's what they're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be, right, could be an equity higher.
Speaker 11: Well, let's hope you're in the cockpit of a commercial airliner and you're in Orlando. It's nine thirty in the morning, so it's not night. You don't have the sun in your ryot at sunrise, and you turn onto a taxiway and you actually start the world to take off, and it takes an alert air traffic controller, thank you very much, that shut them down and fast to keep them from taking off. Now understand that a taxiway would be like you and I going down a one lade road versus an interstate that has four lanes. And how you could mistake that for that? I just it just it just boggles my mind because as often as these men and women fly and you pull out on taxiway, you're obviously on that one lane road. You're obviously not on a runway. It's not anywhere near us. I mean, it's at least three to four times wider than the taxiway, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It Also isn't it also illuminated with different colored lights? Being a taxiway in lines?
Speaker 11: I tell you the big signs that tell you turn here, yeah, I mean they're out there as well as far as as everything is just labeled out there. And I can only think back and it's been like twenty five years ago that we had something on the West coast. I don't know if it was China Airlines, China Eastern, somebody that did take off from a taxiway and they were able to do it successfully. There were no injuries and nobody got hurt, no aircraft damage or anything like that. But you know, the taxiways are the things at the airport when when we're moving around the airport, we're coming up on an active runway, we request permission to cross the runway from air traffic control if you're on the ground or if you're in an aircraft. Now, if you're in a taxiway, it's a little bit different, meaning that if you've got somebody rolling down a taxiway, you could have a piece of ground equipment out there, you could have people working on the runway, you could have another aircraft that's positioning going where it's opposed to. But the Southwest Airline Slights was stopped from taking off. They were they were turned to the gate as they needed to. The pilots were replaced as they should have been, and there's an ongoing investigation. I've got students that work in the airline industry, and some of them for Southwest that are captains, and they're like, Jay, I just I don't understand this one. I just do not, because I always trying to figure out, Okay, what could have led to this kind of a mistake right taking place? And the first thing I thought of was that not that might have been a later thought, but my first thought, tragically was the Common air crash in Lexington, because one of the contributing factors of that aircraft disaster when that crew lined up on the wrong shorter runway and took off didn't have enough room in the plane crash, was they were talking about things that didn't pertain to the operation of the aircraft. Generally, a VACE administration has a very clear sterile cockpit rule, and that says from the time you push back from the gate until you're at an altitude of ten thousand feet, every single thing that's discussed is only regarding the aircraft. I like that that's the rule, but they didn't. That was one of the things that didn't happen on the Common air flight. They were talking about everything, but and they those distractions cost live. So one of the things I'll look at here was what was the conversation going and did that lead to some sort of distraction that caused this crew to make a mistake. But brand, I just it's beyond my ability to comprehend this. I've seen crews try to land on taxiways like at night it's brightly lit, and I kind of get that as far as sometimes initially you would line up for the wrong thing, but to take off from one in the middle of the morning, No, I've this one I've never seen before.
Speaker 1: All right, well, coming up, don't forget your passport. Eight thirty six, fifty five cares of thetalkstasy and they'll go way.
Speaker 4: Be right back fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Over it to day.
Speaker 1: Showers are possible after two pm. That word possible, and I'm going to say they're not happening. Hi, A fifty eight day over night, a little forty eight with some showers, seventy three tomorrow with morning showers and cloudy skies after we got cloudy over night down at fifty seven, and maybe some rain on Saturday as well. I have seventy seven right now thirty six degrees in traffic target.
Speaker 6: From the uc UP Transing Center. For National Doctor's Day, we honor you see health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better Tomorrow's learn more at you see how dot com stap Pen seventy five slows for an extra three to four through Walkland. Same for North Found seventy five. Buttermilk into Downtown roads are now closed around the Findlay Market to get ready for the parade. The next big time check will be at eleven fifteen when the parade route closed us down. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kar scene the talk station.
Speaker 1: Keep your Stupid Mouth Shut at age forty evy about KCD talks days in I had in the International listener. My friend Keith, who listens locally, was in Tokyo last week. He let me know he was listening to the program in Tokyo and his iHeartMedia app Jay and he just let me know. He said they would landed in Dallas Fort Worth on their way home. Pilot had to abort the landing the last moon because the plane turned into their runway. He said there was the pilot of the plane was not happy, so Dallas Fort worth on that one. I didn't see anything in the in the news on that, but see it's.
Speaker 11: A runway incursion. They happen every day, oh the con news. And all it does is really tick off the crew because then they have to power up, go back around and get in line and in land. And of course if you're making a tight connection, thank you very much. Now you've got ten or fifteen, maybe twenty minutes actly tacked onto that, which just takes you off even further. But you know, everybody needs to be safe.
Speaker 1: So not unusual is the operative point here. So that happens every day. Okay, all right, sadly it doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: Don't to minimize it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well at least he got out of the situation. Okay, Yeah, don't forget your password passport you think a pilot would like have that as a first order of business.
Speaker 11: Jay, Most pilots have it in their go bags, so they never it's their airline ID and their passport at their international crew members. And I mean we had a United flight on its way from Los Angeles to Shanghai. United Airlines takes off their into the flight when whoops is just determined one of the pilots forgot the passport, so they divert over to San Francisco Land. The passengers d plane, they have to have another crew member who is properly documented to get on the plane, and off they go, and it's like a fourteen hour flight. So again you would think that that would be something that they would have. But Brian, the most I guess unusual twist of the story is that it happened twice in one week to United. Now, I don't think the other one that they got airborne. I don't believe I could be wrong there, but it happened twice in a week, so you only had one occasion but a second. And of course my initial thought is, and I've got friends at United. I've been asking about this. Don't we check the pilots like we checked the passengers. Don't we make sure that they have proper documentation like passengers, because a lot of times you just flash your airline ID and boom on, you go as far as through the gate area. But I don't know, so I don't know enough about United's procedures. I know what we did at Northwest, but that was a gazillion years ago. As far as what the current United procedures are. But I can tell you if the procedures are that they don't check passports, I can guarantee you now that they probably are, especially on those international flights, to make sure that the pilots have everything that they need.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess we've really irked the Canadians off. I see that the number of flights between Canada and the United States is down seventy percent.
Speaker 11: It's it's you know, I knew it was down, but when you look at the numbers, it's it's unreal. Last March in twenty twenty four, when we're looking at April bookings between Canada and the United States, there was one point two million it's that had been booked for travel for April. This year, We're looking next month and it's not one point two million, it's two hundred ninety five thousand.
Speaker 2: Hum.
Speaker 11: Now, part of this is a reduction for the demand and travel. The economy sloan just a bit, and some of it as Canadian carriers have cut back in part because they're irritated over politics. And now they're simply saying that, you know, there's just not the demand there. But the numbers are actually a seventy five point seven percent production and tickets booked year every year, And that floored me. I knew that it had been down a bit, but right, I didn't think it was down that mouth. But that's what the numbers show. So yeah, now people still are going, you know, up to Toronto Boom or Montreal and using that as an international hub and going to Europe in other different places. But when you're talking about point to point travel just between the United States and Canada, yeah, it's down big time.
Speaker 1: That's amazing to me. Anyhow, here's a really important topic. And I talked about that Boeing seven thirty seven Max case. They didn't bother telling pilots about the software changes that ultimately led ultimately led to two plane crashing and multiple loss of lives. They want to withdraw their guilty.
Speaker 2: Plea, yes this year, you working on my blood pressure?
Speaker 1: You get my friend.
Speaker 11: You know they are because finally Boeing, after admitting that day in essence, covered things up from the Department of Transportation, from the FAA, from pilots, from airlines, and from the public about all the deficiencies that were involved in that Boeing Max airplane that crashed killing more than three hundred and forty people. Boeing struck a plea deal last year that included four hundred and fifty five million dollars in their words, to improve safety and compliance over three years of court supervised probation as well as supervision by some independent monitor for three years. And it didn't really please the victims of the seven thirty seven Max crashes that are suing Boeing because this was in their eyes, and I think it's an accurate assessment, Boeing was doing this to keep it out of court. They didn't want to have the court process, all the documents poured out, all this stuff going to public to remind everybody of how four years Boeing was hiding the deficiencies from everybody that was buying their airplane as they were simply trying to mass produce as quickly as possible these deficient aircraft that they knew had problems that they planned on fixing them sometime in the future. Well, now Boeing, under a very friendly Trump administration, has decided, no, we don't want to do that anymore now, Bryant, I don't know if I'm reading the tea leaves here right, but it's as though Boeing is perhaps looking for a sweeter deal under a less restrictiveness administration. Now I don't know if that's accurate, and please tell me if I'm all wrong here, But you and I talked about how when the Trump administration we knew it was coming, airline stocks went up, yet airlines donating to the Trump Inaugural Fund, Boeing donating to the Trump and Augural Fund, the idea being that, oh, this is going to be like to buy administration. This is going to be a business airline friendly administration and not holding our feet to the fire like we had before, which again I complimented to bide administration repeatedly on that. Yeah, So am I wrong that Boeing is trying to walk this back because they think it's it's a more friendly environment for them.
Speaker 1: I just think it puts some more on the spotlight and minds the American public that look, this is what they did and they didn't and most fundamentally bother telling the pilots what was going to happen with this software upgrade. I think it's an extraordinarily stupid move, but it'll play out. We'll find out ourselves let's pause. We're bringing back and one of the things we'll learn the next segment with Jay Ratliffe don't make Bob jokes. Eight forty six fifty five KR see the talk.
Speaker 4: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: One more time for the weather for opening day and the parade. We got a chance of rain showing up around two pm, but it's just plus fifty eighth is going to be the high against some showers over night, dropping a forty eight morning rain tomorrow with partley, cloudy skies after seventy three fifty seven overnight with some clowns and highest seventy seven on Saturday, but it comes along with a chance of rain closing out at forty degrees. Time for final traffic.
Speaker 6: Chuck ingroom from the UC Help Tramping Center. For Nasidal Doctor's Day, we honored you see Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better Tomorrow's learn more at u see health dot com. South Bend seventy five. Slow's a bit out of locklandon northbound between Buttermilk and downtown. I'm seeing some slow traffic westbound two seventy five at Kelogg. I'm looking for a problem on the bridge. Chuck ingramon fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine coming on with any fifty fifty five care city talk station talking with I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattler pull host topics this morning, and something I think you alluded to last week the Southwest Airlines suggesting they may need some smaller aircraft. I think you were kind of excited about that, I am, because.
Speaker 11: You know Southwest they fly to seven thirty seven. That's the only thing they've found. They did play seven to seventeens briefly when they gobbled up air Tram, but it's they got rid of those. It's the seven thirty seven fleet has been for fifty seven years. Southwest is saying that there's certain markets that the demand for seven thirty seven just isn't there. Some of these smaller regional airports, it would be great if they had like a seventy seat aircraft, something that accommodates something closer to one hundred seats, which obviously is not the seven thirty seven. So when the demand is that low, Southwest has to make one of two options choices. Do we continue to operate with more seats than the market needs at that time? Of day or do we pull out of the city. Most of the time, it's going to be the second option. We're going to take that aircraft and crew to another market where our yield or a profit for passenger is where it needs to be. So now Southwest is saying, maybe we need to look at a different sized aircraft. Now that would mean a non Boeing seven thirty seven. It might mean a Bombardier aircraft or Embry air it could be an airbus. Now a lot of times you would look at this saying that's just you know, Southwest being clever and trying to you know, negotiate with Boweling put a little pressure on them. I don't think so. This is not the Southwest of old. This is now the Southwest that's going to be charging for check bags in May. The Southwest has gone to assigned seats. The Southwest is going to offer premium seats. This is the Southwest. They've been laying off employees for the first time in their history. I think they're serious and they could actually look at using smaller airplanes, and I really think they should. There's certainly an operational advantage when you only have one type of aircraft. When you're talking about ground equipment, training and all the things that go along with having a very consistent fleet. But when you're talking about making as much money as you can, it's like when we trade stocks, Bryan. There's certain stocks you can make a lot of money on and some you make less, and you adjust based on that particular opportunity. Right with airlines, it's the same thought process. There's certain cities you make a lot of money if you go in, but you can't do it with larger aircraft than what the demand is for there, So for smaller airports. I hope Southwest goes this route because I think that it would allow regional airports to enjoy the Southwest service in the lower fares instead of perhaps losing that service altogether.
Speaker 1: Makes sense to me, I understand, and I've understood for a long time. You don't make bomb jokes at the airports. You got a woman who found that out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she's only fifty five. I mean, obviously she doesn't know better. But she's at the airport. She's got three bags and she's consolidating them to two. She's tried to save money. She's talking to the gate agent, and I guess in the course of the back and forth, she made a comment about, well, you know, it's gonna be challenging because of this bomb I've got in my bag. And of course the minute you say those words, everything stops. The police are you're taking away, they question you. Anybody that's with you goes with you, and you're gonna miss your flight, maybe not fly at all. So she kept saying, oh, no, no, no, it's a joke. But Brian, I cannot tell you the number of times that we've had people that, you know, maybe they're nervous. People sometimes say stupid things when they are nervous, and they try to joke their way out of it.
Speaker 2: And there's been so many times.
Speaker 11: That that's happened. I used to tell our boys when they were growing up, I will kill you. I will literally kill them if you use the word bomb. And you know, because kids, how the kids are. Oh, Jay, I didn't you don't want me to say this word. I told him, No, we're not gonna be tomorrow's story, so I just don't do it. In fact, Sherry was traveling one time with bath bombs and the TSA asked her what they were. She says, I can't tell you and the agent says, well, you're gonna have to tay. She goes, I can't because my husband said, never use that word at dinner. So she finally told him it was bath bombs, a little bath busies that you put in the bath, you know, when you take a bath.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you just don't use that term.
Speaker 11: This lady did. And it's just a reminder of how you try to make a joke, and it's not only going to inconvenience you, but probably every single person in your party. So even though I don't want to see Joe's you know clip there, Yeah, I keep.
Speaker 1: Your mouth shut, keep your stupid mouth shut. And at fifty five, yes, you should know better. And I know you said that, you said that with your togue in your cheek. Anyhow well, I guess, Yeah, we get in the remaining time. We'll just go ahead and let you do because I know we got another subject here, but we'll let you do the hub delays because we always done on that top Shop Dick com'romos out of time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Chicago and Houston, especially Houston. Houston is getting absolutely hammered. If you're flying United Airlines connecting through Houston, get to the airportal lecture. Early today, they may decide to do what's called an online reroute, getting you to your destination through another hub, because Houston's just gonna get hammered through the rest of the Chicago's going to get a look, kind of a glancing blow later in the morning, but Houston clearly the problem.
Speaker 2: Child of the day.
Speaker 1: Appreciate what you do. Jay Ratliff, It's always a pleasure to have you on the program, and I look forward to next Thursday like I always do to talk to you. Have a great week, weekend, and a happy opening day to you brothers. Well, thank you, Thanks man. Coming up an eight fifty five fifty five KR City talkstation, great show today. Thank you Joe Strecker for lining up Todd Zenzer. What an eye opening conversation it is every time we talk with the former Inspector General host of the Citizen Watchdog Project, because he is City of Cincinnati. Should be thanking Todd Zenzer for everything he does exposing fraud, waste, and abuse and insanity. Talked about the new sports Arena, among other things, and we had Corey Bowman back in the program coming up heels of the debate with have to have pro Ball Corey Bowman dot com help him out, and of course that conversation with Jay Ratliff at the podcast page fifty five Casey dot com. Tomorrow is Tech Friday. We'll hear from Dave Hatter as we do every Friday at six thirty and other guests. Thank you, Joe Strecker speaking a guest, Thanks for running down and doing the rundown and producing the program. Love what you do, my friend. Folks, have a great day, have a great opening day. Fingers crossed for the Reds, and don't call why Lumbeck's coming up?
Speaker 2: A full rundown and the biggest head lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now Americans should know. Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by