Speaker 1: Most vulgar country in the world is what.
Speaker 2: Iran.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of a guess. That is a That is a hell of a guess, Stephanie. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to tell you, no, that is incorrect. Top three and I have the bottom three, and I will tell you Iran is not in the top. It is also not in the bottom. Let me double check that for the bottom. Correct correct, Diane, or was your answer taken? Now, don't be like that with Stephanie. She didn't know. That's a good guess. That's a good well, I mean it's not.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm going to guess.
Speaker 1: The most vulgar country in the world.
Speaker 3: I'm going to guess England.
Speaker 1: England would be your guest for most vulgar country in the world. That will come in number.
Speaker 3: What's happening.
Speaker 1: I'm just double checking number two, number two, I most vulgar. The yes on the most vulgar.
Speaker 3: I was on the bottom.
Speaker 1: You'll never guess the bottom. No, you'll never guess the bottom. You want to take a stab at the bottom. You know it's not England, and you know it's not Iran.
Speaker 3: China.
Speaker 1: Chinese people cuss all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know that they cuss.
Speaker 1: All the time. The uh. Now they're not in the top three, but they're definitely not in the bottom three. Can I give you the bottom three? Bottom three Bangladesh, Tanzania and Ghana. I would have guessed Ghana cusses. I would have been here all day. All right. Top three answers are on the board. Number two is taken. That is England. They listed as Great Britain, but I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Diane's guest has me thinking about a specific word which gets me to another country.
Speaker 1: Give me the word.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not going to do that now. It's the sea word that's to me. That's England and somewhere else.
Speaker 1: The sea word somewhere it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Make you think of another locale. No, No, Why did you make your eyes so big there?
Speaker 1: The no because I'm trying to think like who like who says that word a lot? Remember people were trying to make that word like bring it back and I didn't know what it ever left the no no, but like less offensive like like like like the same. Good luck with that No, it can it could throw some people, like if you go to England, do you hear the sea word a lot?
Speaker 3: Yes? Do you really, I would say, there it is less offensive, yeah, because it's so common.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So would that be like saying like like, oh okay, so like if you were like, man, that is that was one rude bitch, you would say like, or if you were like, don't be a bitch, you could say, don't be a.
Speaker 3: C if it's like proactive the no no, I think it's more reactive.
Speaker 1: The no no. But you could do that like people will do that, Like people will be like, oh, come on, I could be in a bitch.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, people say that. But I'm oh, you're saying in the midst.
Speaker 1: Of but could you say, oh, come on, man, don't be a c But do you hear that a little bit bigger of a reaction? Here? Kids cuss? Kids cuss all the time. I guarantee you there are young kids that say bitch. They say it all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I'm with we've been so desensitized to bitch, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's not even a cussword. It's not even a cussword.
Speaker 3: It is weird when you hear like radio edits and they still censor the B word.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get mad at that the one and I get I sometimes I want to call dustin? When? When? When they will do? And no? I can't think of what's the name of the fall Out Boys song.
Speaker 3: Sugar We're Going Down?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Is it? Yeah? No? Where they have to where they where they beat out? Goddamn?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, that's uh?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it? Sugar We're Going Down? No?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Where am I thinking of the wrong song? Anyway? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Are you thinking of.
Speaker 1: That's it? Yeah? Yeah? And they'll beep out God, I'm like, oh Jesus, age, quit being a sea dustin anyway?
Speaker 3: Anyway, you don't think of a country that also uses that word.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 3: Why did I? Why am I thinking Australia?
Speaker 1: You got it? Oh? Is that what you were thinking?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Number three? Number three? Those seas?
Speaker 3: What was the thing somebody called who's spent a lot of time in Australia? And she gave us the phrase that was screamed at her when she was bent over bicycling? Do you remember that, like like on a soul cycle. No, it was maybe check of tires.
Speaker 1: She was like physically riding a bicycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was something about getting lunch ready or I don't know it was. It was graphic.
Speaker 1: You don't recall that, No, but that that reminds me of the joke that I like, which one when when like that? When when there you'll see like a woman slide down a banister or something, and then I like to remind everybody that she's just eating up dinner.
Speaker 3: You used a variation of that this time. I think it was on Monday.
Speaker 1: That's a great joke. That is a great joke.
Speaker 3: Certainly, no apostrophe.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, No, it's not. Where am I going? Line five? H Elliott the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just wanted to share that my wife and I lived in England and I got the impression from a conversation one time that the word bastard over there is more offensive than the sea word. Wait, bastard, that was the impression I got from one conversation. Yeah, I don't even because we did hear the sea word over there more often.
Speaker 1: Than over here. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes one time somebody said, oh, yeah, the word like I would never call someone a bastard, Like it's just you know, you don't do that.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. I don't even think of the word bastard as being like profane or vulgar. No, No, that doesn't even.
Speaker 4: You won't get my hackles up at calling somebody that.
Speaker 1: No. No, but like I'm even trying to think like like like the like for example, like when the boys were younger, like I didn't want them cussing, but if one of them, well no I didn't. But if one of them but a high bar, No, But if one of them were like, ah, bastard, I don't even know that that would register with me.
Speaker 3: What if they were like all cops are bastards.
Speaker 1: Then I would have a problem. No, that's bad, that's bad. That's bad. But I wouldn't but again not because of the word bastard. But like you know, we don't say that. We don't say that. Now if they were like, hey see, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: Whoa, yeah, whoa.
Speaker 1: Only dad doesn't. No, No, even if I were joking, hey, thank you sir, Like if I told.
Speaker 3: No, there's no joking with that word.
Speaker 1: No, if I told Jackie like I quit being a bitch, but not like she was being a bitch, but like just whiney, like whiney, not like she was like doing something that annoyed me. But you know, like like like quit being a whiny bitch if I said, quit being a whiney sea? Oh my god, how about both?
Speaker 3: Now, if your children were doing a school project, right, and they needed a tape measure, Oh yes, and they use the word for the proper units, the only tape measure you had available would then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they wouldn't know, They wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Just pitch my finger.
Speaker 1: Oh see the sea hair tape measure, gotcha? Oh you qud be in a whiney sea. Ow if you said that, like in the in an office, in an office.
Speaker 4: In an office, No, but you could say, bitch that.
Speaker 3: That even comes across a lot.
Speaker 1: It depends on the office, rough, I guess it depends on the office.
Speaker 3: You're definitely getting talked to if you call someone you can't a work No, not in You.
Speaker 1: Guys are taking the word the wrong way. Yes, I would never go up to who's a woman in sales? Who's a woman in sales? Give me anybody?
Speaker 5: Meredith Brooks the the only person to be comfortable saying that.
Speaker 1: To No, no, no, Liz Handler, right, if no, no, I'm being serious. I would never go up to Liz Handler and go, oh, you bitch like I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would hope not.
Speaker 1: No, no, like that would be wrong. But if she were like in the kitchen and she was like, oh, they only have cinnamon apple granola bars and I was like, oh, quit being a whiny bitch like that, I would say that. I would say, because I'm not I'm not calling her a name.
Speaker 3: Oh the orangejuice has tops on it.
Speaker 1: But I couldn't go like if she was in there going like, oh, yes, cinnamon apple, I couldn't go in there and go, oh my god, handler quit being a whiney sea like that.
Speaker 3: I grew man. No, he'd getting some serious trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Aaron's look on his face the Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I would get in trouble for that. I would. But in England that's probably fine. Oh good morning.
Speaker 4: See No, I don't think so. It's not in an office. It's different. I know he said you hear it a lot. I'm sure you hear it out in the wild. I don't know if you hear it that much at a night I got a pub. Yeah, sure, give me a points say, well, maybe not in that way.
Speaker 3: It's just foolish behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not calling someone that but doing it the Yeah, no, that that's a bad word. That is a bad word. Hi Ellie at the morning. Yeah, Hi, who's this Matt?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking either Ireland or Russia.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're going for the most vulgar country in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I told you I only have the top three, So you were going for number one? You said Ireland or Russia. Yeah, two strikes, my friend, two strikes. Neither neither one of those is accurate. Sorry about that. I feel like Russia is a good one. I don't I've never been there. The only thing I know out of there is that the greatest goal scorer in NHL history is from there. But I don't know is that considered a profane like you guys both went like both of you and Unison were like England and Australia where there's a history there. Yeah, is Russia known as a profane country?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like it is.
Speaker 3: Like when there was the Russian connection on the caps. Did they have to be really careful because they were swearing a lot in the language.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that because you don't speak Russian?
Speaker 1: I don't understand a word and I would talk to Semon, and I'd like I know that Semon could say cigarettes. He asked for those all the time. Hi, Elliott, the morning, Elliott, Good morning, buddy. I'm gonna be super disappointed if it's not the United States. The United States, you're guessing is the most vulgar country in the entire world. Yes, and you, sir, are one hundred percent correct. Oh, Usa, as it should be. The best jokes I know are in English. I don't know why, but that surprised me. Hey, thank you, sir. That surprised me a little bit. Really Yeah, I don't know why, but that surprised me a little bit.
Speaker 5: Definitely me. My next guest was New Zealand, but that would make sense because of it being a sister city her country. Pretty sure, they're pretty comfortable with the sea word.
Speaker 1: Also, so in the United States, one in every twenty eight hundred words is profane one and how many twenty eight hundred?
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Now right behind that is Great Britain, and then right behind that is Australia. Now I will say, I will say the very disappointing part. The most common vulgar word in the US is f f. Oh. I'm sorry, no, s no, it's.
Speaker 3: Worse puny because you don't consider it to be vulgar.
Speaker 1: Part Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, but it's used so frequently you you don't even think of it as being a swear word. But it is.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, no, Diane, what is this going to be? Can you say it on the radio?
Speaker 1: I say it all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Kristen's got I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Wait, turn yourself on, turn yourself on, Kristin. She'll tell you, Hi, Kristin, what is the most used profane word in the United States? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And all talks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they said, not not just ask, but all the variations of it. Sure, right, so the which I will still argue, I don't. It should never get dumped, but it'll get dumped if I say it. You could say word with hole at the end of it, A hole exactly. No, that you can say that. You could say, but it's the same reason you could say. You could call someone a dick, or you could call someone a pussy. It's the same reason. Why but you can't say d hole?
Speaker 3: Why would you say that? Because my kids need a new challenge for the summer.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but you know what, like, but I can't. I can't refer to the part of my body as that, right, like that you can't do I can't refer to I could call Diane the p word, but I can't refer to that part of her body as that, which is a stupid FCC rule, which is why I've always argued, I can't refer to that that round area in Tyler's tushy as the uh cheek, right, but I could call no, that's where the where the poop comes from, w be. But you should be able to exactly you should be able to call someone that the same way call someone a pussy. I want you to put me in front of the FCC.
Speaker 3: The exhibit A.
Speaker 1: And it's just and I wish listen. I wish I could have argued that in front of the FCC when Michael Powell was the chairman, because I would have said, you, sir, are and then I would have called him a pussy and a dick.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Absolutely I could have guessed the outcome of that hearing Elliott Padilla.
Speaker 1: Oh and but by the way, by the way, I will say this, like for example, when when when you think of like when you think of like AI AI.
Speaker 6: Like like assistance, yeah, like like yeah, like artigence, yeah, like AI assistance or like like chatbod assistance, right, the like give me what what what is the biggest example of that?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, very good that you should be you should call it names.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: So like for example, like like I gotta be careful because I like, I read this whole thing where there's a guy who was talking about how like for any AI assistant, right that you shouldn't you shouldn't be polite to it. You should actually be very rude to it that you like he calls his stain.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this helps the machines with learning.
Speaker 1: No no, no it doesn't. It doesn't necessarily help the machine with learning. But what it does is it helps you as the user. Remember, this isn't a person. This isn't a friend, This isn't like there there are people who like like chatbots are not your friends, chatbot is not your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I never thought that they were. I mean a lot of people we talked about this and I do this all the time. How you're supposed to like thank Alexa never never, never, because it's leading to bad habits where no, people aren't saying please and thank you because they're so used to just being direct no and not treating the AI.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what the argument is. Expect I'll tell you what the argument is. You treat people with respect, so that it's not teaching bad habits. It's actually reminding you. This isn't a person. This isn't my friend. This person doesn't work for me. This person isn't my assistant. It's a stupid machine in the in the case of like an Alexa unit. So it's not it's you're not being friendly with it. So this guy like and he uses I can't remember if it's if it's chat, GPT or whatever one it is.
Speaker 3: I found what you're talking about, May I read from his exchange, Please with Google's Gemini.
Speaker 1: That's it, Google's Gemini, that's it.
Speaker 3: He uses Gemini, so it showed up unannounced in his email, asking if it could help summarize the inbox. He replied, no, I don't need your e fing help. Now go away and never come back. Gemini was unmoved by this, offering to look something up for me. In another message, it told me it could do lots of different things, tell me how to make you disappear forever, you worthless piece of s. This it could not help me with. I told it to f off f itself, go f off and die f off into the sun, and yet Gemini persisted in its presence. I told it to eat s S and go f itself a thousand times, and it still stood at the ready right as.
Speaker 1: I hurled, because it's a machine.
Speaker 3: As I heard insults, my mood shifted from a kind of despair over the assault of AI developers on our collective attention to something like joy as I told it all things it could do to itself, none of them pretty and many of them anatomically impossible. After experience this mood shift, I applied this approach to all of my AI interaction absolutely.
Speaker 1: By the way, there is a funny thing at the end where he is going back and forth with Gemini, and Gemini does at the end refer to him as estain really because that's what it learned, right, So that's what it's affects.
Speaker 3: It's learning, yeah, of.
Speaker 1: Course, but it's not a person. You're actually better off. And his whole point is people are friends. People you treat with respect. This is a stupid machine. And there are people who are like, yeah, but I'm going to gain a chad But no, you're not. No, you're not. You have to remind yourself. It's not a person. It's not it's not it's not your friend.
Speaker 3: Why do you always jump to relationship?
Speaker 1: It makes me, It drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: That's an extreme.
Speaker 1: Oh who who are you dating? Oh I've been having a month long relationship with a chatbot. No you're not. You're talking to you. You may as well be talking to a screen while watching porn. Like that's it. So that's why they'll say, whether it's it's Gemini chat GPT alexa, like the bring back the C word alexa. You can do that because you need to remind yourself this is a machine. And listen, I know, like, think about your regular life, your day to day life right there. There there are things that you can there. There are things that you can say to your friends that you can't say to your spouse. There are things that you could say to your friends that you can't say to your parents, or there are things you could say to your friends that you can't say to your kids or colleagues or whatever. It is right. We all managed to know that. So if I call Alexa a big fat, filthy, stinky se, I don't. I don't think I'm gonna forget when I get to work and go, oh hi, Liz Hendler, you big fat, stinky, filthy sea, like I'm smart enough to not do that. I also know I could be friends with Liz Hendler. I can date Liz Hendler. I can't be friends with Alexa, and I can't date Alexa, but I am. I'm dating a tat BoNT No, you're not.
Speaker 3: All right. It was funny though, because, as I mentioned, my mom is in town, and I did I always do, I think Alexa and oh god, and my mom she was like, what are you doing? I think she wanted to call me a sea