Speaker 1: You are about to witness a most amazing emo has conding living man's property of all time. Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master.
Speaker 2: Then you did it.
Speaker 1: Then you did it.
Speaker 3: There you did.
Speaker 4: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, Allowed to play, Come to play.
Speaker 1: To prystol is to Prystal.
Speaker 3: The sun is rising. God, wake up, wake up now, don't worry.
Speaker 2: We're all here to show.
Speaker 3: You how Jenny gets horses. Last station k M mot home the listens.
Speaker 5: It's a fami mousy.
Speaker 3: Don't turn that down, des wait and see.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to come in time to.
Speaker 3: Start to show plastic I my presscome whisping man.
Speaker 1: Morn the show.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the working week.
Speaker 3: It's not such a bore kick that makes up this. Up it and make it hardcore. Hey, your whisby and then mess picked up your phone. There line, you're on the air. Are you're a.
Speaker 1: Good morning? It's the Big Man Morning Show BMMS. Whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five listen online the website that Rocks kmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under b MMS. Listen with your cell phone, get the iHeartRadio app. Available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash bmms six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbin, Good morning Gimpie Hooker from We've got tickets to give away to see Guns N' Roses that is gonna happen on September twelfth at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena and Rigdale, Missouri. Tickets available Thunderridge Nature Arena dot com. That coming up here in a little bit. We've also got listener emails where you can ask a question and get help or to tell the truth, your chance to get to know the show better. Bmmss and whatever that is to eight to nine four five and listen to this wild headline that I think if it was reversed, it would be different. Even happily married women usually want to cheat after one thing. Okay, if that said men, you'd be like, you'd be disgusted.
Speaker 2: I'm still a little disgusted.
Speaker 1: Do you what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is this one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they get cheated on.
Speaker 1: I mean that feels like a fair statement. Give me, what do you think.
Speaker 6: Right after the one thing, when the intimacy stops, when you stop banging me, that's when I go out and find it elsewhere.
Speaker 1: So good old Ashley Madison still a thing.
Speaker 6: Apparently.
Speaker 1: They surveyed a very thorough one hundred people It's All You Need and found that sixty seven percent said they were looking for more passion and intimacy, and that of those that cheated, they weren't trying to leave their marriage. They were just trying to regain passion.
Speaker 6: They want to get laid. It's been a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, I think people cheap for this reason. Attention, now, that could be attention narcissist. It could be attention feeling neglected right right, feeling alone?
Speaker 6: Absolutely one hundred percent. If you're not getting the attention from your partner and then somebody at work, yeah yeah, you're like, oh all right, all right, so you start, Well, they giving me the attention that I've been lacking in my life the last however long. That totally makes sense.
Speaker 1: The women surveyed said they didn't want a divorce, and many said they still love their husbands and that husband, and.
Speaker 2: I feel like guys say the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it gets discounted as not credible.
Speaker 6: Right right when it actually is.
Speaker 1: Apparently at least these hundred people.
Speaker 6: People are people. That's all that there is to it. You change that headline from happily married women or happily married men to happily married people will cheat after this one thing, because that's just how people are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we go with if it's a guy, you're like, wants a cheat, always a cheater, And.
Speaker 6: The same thing is on the other side of that hole with the women. You could say the exact same thing, but you are absolutely right, it doesn't get played out like that because men are just assholes and there's the scum of the earth, and oh, how could you ever do that to that poor woman? Da da da da da da dad. Nobody gives a damn about the guy's feelings at all whatsoever. I don't think you're wrong, no, when it comes to wrong. But we're taught, because you know, we're men. You know we're supposed to suck it up and deal with it, you know, quit crying, you pussy, which deep down a side, Listen, may we all people, we all have emotions. We all have.
Speaker 1: Feelings and different types of emotions. Some may cry, some may not. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 6: It's it's okay.
Speaker 1: Just not a man anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This relationship expert said he found a similar pattern when he posed as a married man on Ashley Madison. Women often said their husbands had stopped putting in the effort they showed while dating.
Speaker 6: I think that happens with a lot of people. Yeah, you know, its it burns red hot in the beginning, red hot, and then over time, you know, you kind of get used to each other, you kind of settle in, and sometimes it burns still hot for a while, but for the most part it's a little warm.
Speaker 1: So the article says that love alone isn't enough, that long term relationships require continued effort, affection, romance, and intimacy.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 6: Huh, well, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to keep nurturing the relationship.
Speaker 1: It suggests that complacency can leave someone feeling emotionally or physically neglected, though the author stops short of outright endorsing cheating. Yeah, no, you shouldn't cheat. No, that is quote a line from one of my favorite movies. When you make a deposit at another bank. They don't. They don't look past it. They close your account, right, yeah, but the idea of your rational in that time, right, they're only asking the person who cheated. Of course, it feels rational to them, all right, of course, it feels logical. Of course, it feels like they deserved to do it, which is a wild take.
Speaker 6: As opposed to having the conversation.
Speaker 1: As opposed to having mental self control, yes.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Patience with your partner as well. Things get in the way, it's not, it's not. They're not just trying to avoid you or or ignore you. People get busy, you know, things change in your lives, within your relationship exactly.
Speaker 1: We don't do that with people that murder. We don't go did you talk to them? Did you communicate with your your problem you had?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: No, we just go, well, what are you gonna do? But when you're here it's a woman that did this, and that they did it because of a logical reason, you go, yeah, well, you know what, it's hard to be a woman. Yes, right, It's kind of like when your lips are pressed really tight together.
Speaker 2: What no reason?
Speaker 1: No, No, you have a take when I said that because your face changed dramatically.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just listening.
Speaker 6: Go on that same.
Speaker 1: Logic that when a woman gets on her period and she does something outrageous or mean, we're like, well, she's on a period, we like accept it that it's okay. Or even with pregnancy, you go, well, they're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Their hormones are all out of whack right now.
Speaker 1: But so that same type of mindset gets applied. It feels like to this where they go, oh, well, yeah, they didn't feel have any intimacy. Well yeah, then okay. But a guy does it, You're like, well, did he talk to her?
Speaker 2: I don't know if women necessarily get a pass when they cheat.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it passed. I said, we hear in it. It feels large, right, But man, you're just you're just an asshole. You automatically go straight too, can't keep it in his pants?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think maybe if of all the people in this room, the first person to call out someone who cheats when it's a man is.
Speaker 2: You, maybe, But I also feel like I call out a woman if if she cheats.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because I mean.
Speaker 2: You have said in the past like that, I have stuck up for guys when I when I shouldn't. So I feel like the guilty party. I I I give it to the guilty party.
Speaker 1: So who's the Well, that's the point. Who's the guilty.
Speaker 2: Party, the cheater, whoever cheats, I don't care. I do not condone cheating, whether you're a male or a female.
Speaker 1: I do not, of course not, of course, not right, that feels like a logical statement. Of course, no one condones cheating.
Speaker 2: But even if you're a girl, I'm not gonna be I'm not. I'm not taking your side just because I am, you.
Speaker 1: Know, pro female. I'm not taking any person's side if I'm being honest, because I don't know what it's like for the other person. Sure, right, I don't know the person that cheated. I don't know what they're going through. And the person maybe their partner, is dealing with a mental crisis. And this isn't an excuse, right.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, But you can see the reason.
Speaker 1: It gives some context. Right, it's not okay to go through that mental crisis and not seek help. It's also not okay to go cheat. But empathy can be a thing when it comes to cheating. Somebody text in on the headline, I'd argue that women interviewed aren't happily married in the first place if passion is lacking. I disagree with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could be happy with the way things are except for that one area of your marriage.
Speaker 1: To me, happiness in a marriage isn't judged in days. It's judged in months and years, right, right, Because everybody has bad days. Yeah, So you can't classify your relationship because it's bad for a day or bad for a week. Yeah, because you've got to look at the whole scope of it.
Speaker 2: To me, I think it's weird that when when couples don't have arguments or you know, that means I feel like, gosh, they don't ever argue. There's nothing. Where's the passion?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: To me, I feel like if there is an argument, that means that they are passionate about something with each other.
Speaker 1: Two thoughts. One argument is subjective, right, yeah, argument to you it could mean yelling, screaming, not talking for a day, where some people argument can be like yeah, no, I don't disagree, and then that's the end of it. Right, So argument is completely subjective. And two, there's no way you can say passion connect two arguments, right.
Speaker 6: I Mean, I kind of see where she's coming from, because when people get passionate about something, they get a little more riled up about it. You know. Just take any particular subject that somebody you know, it could be anything. But what we're talking about here. The passion is the physical passion that's that's between two people, not I'm passionate about grape nuts, right right, or you went golfing right right, right? Right? Yeah, I know where the argument comes into play. The passion there is that burning feeling, that burning desire that you have for somebody that at least, that's my definition of passion. And really and then equate all the other things hormones, right, diet, self worth, employment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being.
Speaker 6: Human, Yeah, that's the thing right there. Being a human sucks. It's pretty awesome. But there's a lot that goes into it. You know, it seems like it seems it seems like it. I mean, I've got to be this kind of person, and I've got to do this and this and this and the X y Z and there's all these expectations, you know, from society and from your parents, and from your siblings and from your coworkers and your friends, and there's all this and I just want to be it. I want to be the perfect image in everybody's eyes, you know. And and it's just it'll drive a person crazy. Yeah, And once you realize that none of that efing matters, your life gets a lot.
Speaker 1: But I think it does matter. I think it matters, but you you can't control it. So you can. There's only one thing you control, and that's whatever happens to you the next thing. Everything else is subjective, it doesn't matter, as you said, but you can only control the next thing. So I think it does matter that your family and those people around you love you and want to be around you. Right, You're not just a piece of turd. So but you can with all those things happening, you can only control the next thing that happens to you in regards to how you handle it.
Speaker 6: Right, I get what you're saying. I think that, yes, it does feel. It feels good to have somebody else love you, being a family or coworkers' friends, whatever relatives. It is what it is. It does feel good, But does it really matter? Doesn't really matter because one person can stress their entire life out trying to make these people happy, so you get that happy feeling back. But once you that doesn't matter as long as you your person is happy. To me, that's all that matters, because it's your life. It's your life, it's not their life. At that point when you are struggling and stressing out to make all those other people happy, because you want that little happy feeling that you get when you see that they're happy for the things that you've done. You're living your life for somebody else, and to me, there's no sense in doing that. You're filling yourself up with a sense of false happiness. There's a little bit there, there's a little bit of genuine there, but you're doing it for other people. And what you need to do is you need to do it for yourself and make yourself happy. Because at the end to the life, when you are either in the box or the lights out, if that's what you believe in, or if you're standing at the gates waiting for old Saint Pete to let.
Speaker 1: You in order an apita from the food truck because there's gonna be a line.
Speaker 6: Exactly, that's what matters. That's what matters right there, because that at that end, that's all about you, and none of those other people, not your mom, not your dad, not your brother, not your sister, not your uncle, not your coworkers, not your boss, None of that matters at all whatsoever, because it's your life.
Speaker 1: For me, I have more than just one person, and to be loved is by those people is what I want. And it's not about making them happy. It's about what I want. Right, And when you choose to be a good person, all that stuff falls into place.
Speaker 6: You're wrong, You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not about pleasing them, it's just I love them. Next thing, does does my action create the environment that I'm manifesting?
Speaker 6: Right? Okay, that's a good way to look at it.
Speaker 1: Right. If I want to be an NFL player, then I've got to work every day at being an NFL player, And sometimes doing that is caring about your teammates. Yeah, And so that's just where my head is with that stuff. And to me, same thing works with marriage. If you want to be happily married, then you got to do some things like biokra for your wife because she likes it. Right, even though you can't stand the smell of it. So if I were doing it for me, i'd never buy and be like, you want it, you go buy it. And that's just the way my mind works. With all that being said, I ain't.
Speaker 6: The way to do it.
Speaker 1: It's whatever works.
Speaker 6: For you, right and all.
Speaker 1: Because they surveyed one hundred women, we went down that rabbit hole a hundred women who, for God knows whatever reason, could be having a bad day because they had to the gas ferry didn't show up in their car so they had to go put gas in their car, or because they're they're on their period, or because they stubbed their toe, or because they think they're gonna get fired at work. For eight one hundred people, amount of things that we develop opinions on based off such small information, it's crazy, crazy, crazy. Hey, we're giving away tickets to Guns N' Roses. That show is going to be Saturday, September twelfth at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena in Ridgedale, Missouri. We'll do that giveaway. Coming up here a little bit, let's.
Speaker 7: Do newsquakies, typer news quakies, world news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the here's Corbyn Gimpean Lindsay with What's going on News Quakies from the Big nd Morning showing ninety.
Speaker 1: Seventy five.
Speaker 2: Hospital mistakenly removes parts of woman's genitalia. No, yeah, that'll keep her from cheating. This happened in Australia, where a grandmother has said she's lost all of her confidence after a medical mix up left her permanently disfigured. Her name is Deborah Buchanan and she was attending a hospital for a routine procedure earlier this year, but ended up having part of her genitalia removed after staff allegedly mistook her for another patient with the same first name. She was due to have a cancerous skin lesion removed, but knew something was wrong when she was bleeding heavily after going to the bathroom. So she recounts the moment that staff said to have mixed her up with another patient. She was in the waiting room and they called for Deborah and she said, did you mean Buchanan. She said no, you're You're fine, and the woman next to her said I'm Deborah and they said, oh no, we've got the right one. So she said, you know, I worked as a dental nurse, and she found it difficult to believe that medical staff would identify someone based off of their first name alone, But she was prepared for the procedure and assumed, you know what, I've been in this office. They probably recognized me and knew who I was, so I went along. When she came out of the room, she immediately noticed that there was something wrong. She was heavily bleeding. After using the bathroom, she said that she came back into the hospital room and she said, can you explain why I'm bleeding so badly? And the nurse said that's part of the operation, And she said what operation? And she said, Lord, just opening. It was just supposed to have a lesion removed right here, and she touched it and it was still there.
Speaker 1: Ouck.
Speaker 2: And they had brought in a junior surgeon equally confused. When she suggested that the surgery had been done on a completely different part of her body, she was discharged with very little explanation from the staff. She says that every time now she has to go to a doctor's appointment, she feels anxious. She's lost all confidence. She said, you can't make a mistake like that on a person. It's not like you're breaking a dish. It's a it's a life to them. So she has hired a medical negligence lawyer. In a statement I forgot about that video, the Western Health chief operating officer said patient safety remains the organization's highest priority.
Speaker 1: Yeah right now, Yeah, that we got caught. Yep.
Speaker 2: It says, due to our obligations to protect patient privacy and confidentiality, we are unable to comment on the care of any individual patient whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's true, Hippa, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: I hope that she sues the pants off of this hospital.
Speaker 1: Well she probably will, but in most states have a medical malpractice cap true, social only get X amount. Yeah, she won't get very much. You know how, Like there's an acceptable amount of feces in can goods or arsenic or things like that. What is an acceptable amount of mistakes a hospital can make?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a funny question, but we allow it, and they should be allowed it because mistakes happen.
Speaker 6: But also no, yeah, they shouldn't happen, but they do. Yeah, so that you slide with. I don't know what the ten percent is it a percentage.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do we go like one out of one hundred?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: If they do ten thousand surgeries a year and humans be humans and mistakes happen in life, what amount of those ten thousand should we be chalk up to? Like it's fine, Yeah, it's a ludicrous statement. I understand that, But we should accept humans for being humans. I'd say ten. And hospitals are incredibly complex facilities.
Speaker 6: You think ten, Yeah, ten out of ten thousand, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: It's less than one point one point one percent or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, listen, there's a target of zero. But again, you can't expect the system to be perfect, right.
Speaker 6: Stuff happens. Tools get left inside people, sponges get left in there, people get their vagina chopped off. It happened.
Speaker 1: People's wives and you know, cheat on them right before they have to perform heart surgery.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, there's just so many people in an operating room that check and recheck, and you know, you're my right hand man, and you're my right hand man, like I just you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, except there were probably how many people that worked on the challenger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right? Right? If one person is having a bad day and the other person. There's three of them that are hungover because they went and partied the night before, and then the other one's just playing stupid. Ah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I understand when people, you know, when you lose a patient during a surgery, but a mistake of like, oh we lost the you know whatever, we dropped something in spun. Yeah, this sponge was left and over like that. Stuff shouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: Or should we cut shouldn't.
Speaker 2: We lot we cut off the wrong leg?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it shouldn't happen. But lithium batteries spontaneously combusted. That shouldn't happen either. Right, People shouldn't kill others. Humans shouldn't touch children that way. Shouldn't. But it happens. So the acceptable amount of our snack and water and crap in our food where right? That's fine? Yeah, I agree. It's a wild thing to think about philosophically, and if it happens to you, you go keep mind with the number one killing hospitals is doctors, no no, no bacteria, right, sepsis infection, and and they're probably some of the cleanest places you'll ever go.
Speaker 6: You'd like to think that.
Speaker 1: I mean, they have a standard that's expected.
Speaker 6: That house smells like it when you walk in anyway. Yeah, carnival worker arrested for the old Razzle Dazzle, not the old the old Razzle Dazzle. This comes out of Missouri where they're having a county fair at the Marion County Fairgrounds and a carnie worker there apparently was caught operating a rigged gambling game. His name's Randy Randy Demesh, and he told the players at the fairgrounds that they were playing some version of bingo and that he would charge them five dollars a turn to roll marbles onto a board and try to get one hundred points to win. Well. One player called him out on his bs and said that the scoring was rigged, put him out more than six hundred and fifty dollars. This cat spent six hundred and fifty dollars at the fair on this one game trying to win. I don't know. They didn't say what the prize was, probably a giant stuff tiger regardless. So he calls the police, I've been robbed, and police come out. They determined the game was an actual and notorious scam called the razzle dazzle. Oh. Randy even admitted that a player'd have to spend more than three thousand dollars to have a shot of winning, so they arrested him on charges of promoting, gambling and stealing. Yeah, I can't do that, Randy.
Speaker 1: Three card monty. Anybody wants you to play for a chance for money on the street, right.
Speaker 6: But this was out of fairgrounds. This is at a carnival, so you'd think it would be legit. No, but Carneyes are Carneyes. Right.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get the ring on the soda bottle. No, you're not gonna get all those basketballs in that hoop.
Speaker 6: We all seen Joe dirt. We know that they spray PAM on those bottles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Lab employee pleads not guilty for trying to poison a coworker. A UW. Madison Lab employee pleaded not guilty after prosecutors accused him of trying to poison a coworker by putting lab chemicals in the coworker's water bottle and shoes. Investigators say the two had worked together for years, but the relationship soured, allegedly in part over workplace resentment and promotions, a coworker noticed a strange taste in the water and a chemical smell coming from his shoes. This is a really crazy story. He allegedly used lab chemicals including peri formaldehyde, trysol, and chloroform.
Speaker 6: WHOA, Okay, we know chloroform's supposed to put you to sleep from aldehyde preserves things. Yeah, but will also get you really high if you dip your cigarette in it and smoke it.
Speaker 1: The water test is so high for chloroform that an initial test reportedly couldn't accurately measure the amount.
Speaker 6: Wow, there's so much in there.
Speaker 1: He allegedly contaminated the guy's shoes, not just the drink. Prosecutors say he had been thinking about it for a year that he wanted to do something bad to happen to his coworkers. They apparently searched his chet GPT and found information about harmful amounts of some of the chemicals. The alleged motive appears to involve a friendship falling apart in resentment over the coworker's success and promotion. The strangest part the complaint says he later approached the coworker and essentially admitted I did it. He also allegedly sent an apology admission to a superior afterwards.
Speaker 6: I'm real sorry that I poisoned Tony's drink and put chloroform in a shoes evil. That blows me. Why the shoes was he just expecting all those chemicals to be soaked into the feet?
Speaker 1: Does soak up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, there is some things you can do. Like they say, there's a liquid magnesium you can get and put them on the bottom of your feet and it'll soak up through your feet. Whether that's sure or not, I don't know. They just say that that's a thing.
Speaker 6: I've seen those infommercials where they're like put these socks on or whatever it is, and it like draws all the toxins out of your feet or was it like a wax or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it works, But when my kids are sick, I put vics on the bottom of their feet and put their socks on, and they're better the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that's probably just a core coincidence of time. But probably what happens is I do it one night, it doesn't do it. I do it again, and then eventually they get better and all I've done is work through the time.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: But to me whatever, I'm like, yeah that word. My kids are convinced. Hey, we put the stuff on my feet. Yeah, yep, all right, we got to take a break. We'll be back. You're listening to the Big Med Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning Corbyn. Back to school week is here. The shopping gets expensive, but iHeartRadio wants to help and you can too when you go to kmod dot com nominate a teacher to win five thousand dollars worth of supplies for their classroom this school year. Eases the pain on them and you as well. Kmody dot com nominate that teacher or on the free iHeartRadio app as well.
Speaker 1: Good morning Gimpie, Well, good morning Corb. And he wants the chiller seats in the house.
Speaker 6: We got them. We call the silver seats. We turn teamed up with COR's light to hook you up before front row tickets to here. We show a cove inside river Spirit seeing it you want to go simple, just click on the contest tab right there on the Free iHeartRadio what and sign up that way. Good luck. All right.
Speaker 1: We love movies on the show, I love talking about them. And there are ten movies, according to one person, that changed the world in unexpected ways, ten of them, one of them. Okay, but Splash is on this list. Remember this movie I know from nineteen eighty four, Why did it have an impact in the world. Madison wasn't a name that was used, and it's skyrocketed and made using the name Madison pretty common.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, interesting.
Speaker 6: Small change in the world. But okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I do know a few medicines, but I feel like they're younger than when that movie came out.
Speaker 1: Sure mainstreamed the movie. Yeah, so it mainstreamed the name.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after nineteen eighty four, the name became more common in popularity. According to this article. Another movie, black Board Jung Never Heard Of It, came out in nineteen fifty five, used Bill Haley and his comments Rock around the Clock, teenagers reportedly danced in theater ales, turning rock and roll into mainstream global phenomenon because of a movie in nineteen fifty five. It happened one night from nineteen thirty four. Clark Gable takes off his shirt and isn't wearing an undershirt.
Speaker 6: Oo.
Speaker 1: The movie was blamed for a huge decline in undershirt sales afterward, Guys.
Speaker 6: Are I like, why am I wearing so many layers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why am I wearing a coat?
Speaker 6: In July.
Speaker 1: Gable? What's funny is that Clark Gable was the pinnacle. I'm a man, look right, Clark, nineteen seventy five. Jaws. It made people terrified of sharks, created the Jaws effect, contributed to shark hunting and negative public attitudes towards sharks. Spielberg later expressed regret about the impact it's had, which probably is why we get told every time there's a shark attack, it's like a big deal when it happens rarely. People die from refrigerators falling on them more often, and that never makes the news. Finding Nemo is one of the movies considered that changed the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because kids flushing their fish down the toilets, because all toilets lead to the ocean.
Speaker 6: Not true. Okay, I'm just thinking it would maybe make being handy capable more acceptable.
Speaker 1: Oh oh nope, kids suddenly wanted clownfish's pets. The resulting aquarium demand was blamed for environmental damage, although research of disputed how big the Nemo effect really was. Because you know how those kids want pets, They want them, and then they don't.
Speaker 2: That is true. We go our dentist's office has a big aquarium, and the first time we went in there, the kids were like, by Nemo, do they have Nemo? Do they have Dory?
Speaker 6: And they did, yeah, there is, Oh they've already escaped. Yeah they're in the cleaning. Yeah, well it's nowhere near a near a sinc. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our eye doctor, same thing, and every time they're like, can we get it one, No, we can't. Bambi nineteen forty two created something known as the Bambi effect. People are much more protective of animals they view as cute or sympathetic. One judge even ordered a convicted poacher to watch Bambie.
Speaker 6: You see what you're doing, sir, This is what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't think my kids have watched Bambie.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if mine have either.
Speaker 1: It just looks kind of outdated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't made a live action version of it yet.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to keep the what are you gonna people dress up as Bambi? I don't know if Arion a Grande will do that, Yes you will, uh, specter it came out in twenty fifteen. The opening shows a giant Day of the Dead parade in Mexico City. The problem is the parade didn't actually exist. Tourists expected, so Mexico City started holding a real one in twenty sixteen. They didn't do a Day of the Dead thing. That wasn't a thing, but that movie created it. Another movie that changed altered the universe JFK in nineteen ninety one. Oliver Stones movie helped push JFK Assassinate assassination conspiracies further into mainstream culture. Far Far Out argues it played a role in the broader growth of modern conspiracy culture.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could see that.
Speaker 6: What there was in that.
Speaker 1: Kevin Costner, Oh yeah, there is a movie. Is it Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson. Is it called conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Conspiracy Theory.
Speaker 1: I think that movie's pretty good. But I think that's post yeah, ninety, I think that's more of two thousand. Uh, I'm just looking all the presidents men in nineteen seventy six. Conspiracy Theory came out in ninety seven. Manchurian Candidate nineteen sixty two. These are all political conspiracy movies. Three Doors of the Condor, Three Days of the Condor nineteen seventy five, Parallox View seventy four. Capricorn Won nineteen seventy eight. NASA fakes a crude Mars landing in an elaborate television hoax.
Speaker 2: There was another recent movie about that, about the Mars landing being or I'm sorry about the moon landing. I guess that one was with the Channing Tatum. I don't think it did so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you said it had Channing Tatum, so yeah, uh moon movie, yeah, uh fly Me to the Moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A romance comedy movie hardly feels like a real conspiracy movie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You watched this, didn't you?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: Actually it feels like you in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Channing Tatum stars as strict NASA launch director Cole Davis, while Scarlett Johansen stars as marketing Maven Killy Jones, who is hired to fix NASA's public image. Uh okay, yeah this looks dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks completely dumb. Another one on this list of movies that changed the world in unexpected ways, Battle of Algiers in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 6: I remember that one.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon reportedly screened the anti colonial war film in two thousand and three. While preparing personnel for challenges they might incur encounter during the occupation of a rock, they used a movie from nineteen sixty six to imply what it would be like. They would know better than me. I've never been there, but I can't imagine it is still the same. It's on two B so you can watch is it black and white movie?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: Okay? Last one I have on this list nineteen eighty four Ghostbusters.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought, okay, actual movie nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: But Bill Murray improvising this chick is toast helped popularize toast meaning finished, doomed, or defeated. I didn't know. I didn't know. That's where that came from. Other toast man, Right, that is one that's not what I would have thought, like Echo cooler, right.
Speaker 2: Slime even the pair normal making that more believable or popular.
Speaker 1: Okay, as a conspiracy because I that is not when I would have put on my radar as a movie that changed the world.
Speaker 6: I was figuring, like the matrix would be on there somewhere, you know, because that changed how we view movies, how they're made.
Speaker 1: The movie Sideways, mainstream Peano noir. Yeah, that was a and Merloa took a hit.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's a weird movie.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't like that movie.
Speaker 6: I watched it once and I was like, huh, okay, was that Thomas Hayden Church?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, A Lull from Wings. Yeah, I think that's a great movie if you've seen it. It is about a guy like guys figuring out their life in middle aged and they just love one. So they go to NAPA and they go around and eat places and drink wine and get really drunk, and there's snobs. One of them is a real big snob. Who's the other guy that's in it? Paul Jiamonti, Uh, being Paul Giamonti.
Speaker 6: I saw that when it first came out, and that was before I was any kind of a wine drinker at all whatsoever. So maybe I might have to give it another shot, because I don't know. Good one I watched. I was like, this seems pretty lame.
Speaker 1: Another one, Top Gun Okay.
Speaker 6: That popularized being a fighter pilot and being in the Navy.
Speaker 1: Some people say it increased Navy recruitment by five Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody wanted to be Maverick.
Speaker 1: Another movie that's pretty big that had an change in the world Philadelphia. Okay, okay, Yeah, it's one of the first major Hollywood movies built around a sympathetic gay man living with AIDS, and it put AIDS and HIV in front of huge mainstream audiences when there was still a stigma. That movie's fantastic. You watch that movie. It is fantastic. Tom Hanks is wildly good in it. And his partner in that not Andy Garcia, He's fantastic. He plays Puss in Boots. Antonio Banderas is fantastic too. That movie's so good. I've never seen it. And of course Denzel Washington's you've never seen it. Denzel Washington, of course is really good. You watch it, and it still has some things today where you're like, oh, Like there's a scene where Denzel Washington he's apprehensive at first, and then he develops a friendship and realizes that these are just people, and they're nice people and that just happened to be gay and happen to have AIDS. And the boss, his boss for attorney right the law firm, they don't like that he's with like they think he's turning gay, it's a wild movie.
Speaker 6: Blood Diamond Oh yeah, well, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it brought the conversation and awareness about diamonds and where they come from and how conflict stones entered into the supply chain. No, people didn't know that was Have you ever seen this movie? Oh, he's got a horrible British accident it but it's a good movie. I don't think so. An Inconvenient Truth came out in two thousand and six. This is the movie about climate change. It just really raised awareness about it. And there are even some stories out there now about the exaggeration in the film Blackfish. How people viewed Captive Orcas and SeaWorld pretty much put SeaWorld almost out of business. Yes, see zoo as I like to call it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lord of the Rings boosted news as a tourist destination.
Speaker 6: Right and made the nerds feel special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Harry Potter, same thing Britain. Yeah, not that it needed help. Uh, Mama Mia, musicals making musicals more popular, Going to Greece. Movie takes place in Greece.
Speaker 6: That's the one where johnsh Voltz is.
Speaker 1: In drag Right, that's Hairspring Break, got it? Mama me is just about a happy Greek family and they sing and dance a lot.
Speaker 2: Is I am Sam on that list?
Speaker 1: What do you think it? For those who know I am Sam is Sean Penn, a very young Dakota Fanning, Michelle Pfeiffer, I think so, yeah, what what do you think it?
Speaker 2: It did well because it was someone who was was he he wasn't, He didn't have down syndrome? He was, but he was claimed mentally was it mentally retarded? Was that what they said? I don't remember what his but he couldn't he could live on his own, but he was fighting for custody of his daughter, and he but his daughter, and Michelle Pfeifer was his attorney, right.
Speaker 1: She'd took it on pro bono reluctantly. Yes, and she fell in love with him?
Speaker 2: No, she didn't fall in love with him.
Speaker 1: She was falling for him. No, absolutely she was.
Speaker 2: No, she was not.
Speaker 1: Is what happened to the mom? I forget died? I think she died, never once addressed, or or.
Speaker 2: Maybe she had I don't, I don't. It's been so long.
Speaker 6: A homeless woman. Oh Sam had sex with Yeah, he's not dead. She just without a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how great? Is that What a wild storyline? Imagine? Okay, so hear me out, we're gonna have Sean Pinn play a mentally challenged individual. And then but but hear us out, he's trying to get custody of his kid. How did he get how did he get a kid who had sex with them? Who had sex with them? Mentally challenged person?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, homeless person.
Speaker 6: Brilliant because no right person with a home leould have sex with a mentally challenged person because he didn't know any better, right, He's like, I'm just out getting my McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's happening here on the pavement?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I went the sequel. What happened to the daughter?
Speaker 1: Is she still in his life?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: How is he doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We need to follow up.
Speaker 2: Man rain Man could have been on that list because it brings autism to the forefront.
Speaker 1: I don't think they ever dressed as autism. I think they addressed it. He was mentally challenged, Oh that's true, but he was autistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that movie came out too soon.
Speaker 1: He was more aspergers I think than autistics.
Speaker 6: I mean no, it clearly states that he had autism and savant syndrome. He's an autistic savant. That's how he knows there's two hundred and fifty seven toothpicks on the floor.
Speaker 1: Now, So with that movie, rain Man and I Am Sam and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? What category genre would that fall into? Is that movies with mental health p I don't even know the right term, are just handicaps. I don't love calling people that are mentally challenged handicaps, I think because it's just not the same as someone who can't walk. But I don't know what genre it is.
Speaker 2: I think they are just under dramas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just like that's horror, right, it's pretty broad. You can you know, science fiction can be about time travel, science fiction can be about aliens, zombies, right, it can go all over the place. So what's the niche that this those type of movies fall under, because I want to know the list.
Speaker 6: Well, they don't really have a name for them, people with disabilities. That's not how I worded it on the Google search. I'm sure you didn't forced Gump falls into that category, of course, young man. What's Eating Gilbert Grat? Sam? Sam Sling Blade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sound of Metal if you know that movie? Oh yeah, that's a great movie with oh Man, I forget he's.
Speaker 6: Deaf though, right, it's a disability, Yeah, I guess, but we're talking mental disability.
Speaker 1: I'm just going with disabilities. I'm trying to find that the category it falls under.
Speaker 6: It. I think that's too who broad of an umbrella to have out there, because, like you said, that's all disabilities. If you've only got one leg, you've got a disability. That kid's death, that's disability. But we're talking about mentally challenged ones. So I mean, yeah, if you just do disabilities, you're gonna get a whole bunch of them. Yeah. Radio is another one that fell on that list.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, good movie. I can't believe how deep this binge is already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the peanut butter Falcon. Have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 1: I know about this movie, I've never seen it.
Speaker 6: A young man with down syndrome escapes an institution to pursue his to pursue his dream of wrestling. It's a twenty nineteen film.
Speaker 1: What is the movie from the nineties or two thousands with the kid with the Yeah, there a mental disorder, but he's really really tiny and he's got the wheelbarrow. Are the wagon he gets pulled in anymore glasses, blonde hair?
Speaker 6: He was played was neither one of those like bees, smell fear or whatever it is that kid who was that?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that kid, but now this was a real actor. Beautiful mind about schizophrenia. Okay, you've seen that movie with Russell Crowe. That is a mental disorder. Yeah, yeah, mentally handicamped my left foot dis is that disability?
Speaker 6: A true story of Christy Brown who was born with severe cerebral prosy and became an artist.
Speaker 1: Jacob's Ladder does that fall into Simon Birch is the name of the movie Radio Flyer Jacob's Ladder PTSD.
Speaker 6: Okay, which is is also a mental disability? Right?
Speaker 1: I this I'm fascinated now by this mask. But he doesn't have a mental disability disability? Yeah yeah, bubble boy, right, bubble boy, he's been conditioned. For those who don't know that movie. If you are a Jake Gillenhall fan, this is in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 1: Also the premiere of Zach Galfanakis, if I'm not mistaken, that's his first movie.
Speaker 6: He was in The Toll Booth. Yep, yes, many me was also in that movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, dude, The Accountant with Ben Affleck. He's a mafia hitman, a mob hit man, but he is an accountant by day and he's like rain Man, like he can see numbers and patterns before anybody else and that's his cover and he steals artwork and things like that.
Speaker 6: That's a great movie too, Murder Ball Quadruplelegiics who play full contact rugby. Right.
Speaker 1: I think that's a documentary because there's also another one called crypt Camp about cripples and there's awesome.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, well there's a lot. There's a lot of movies based on disabilities. If you're going with just disabilities.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on, I just remembered this movie. Okay, what is the movie with hold on? I gotta remember his name Giovanni Rabisi and he is mentally handicapped and he has a girl. He gets a girlfriend, she's also handicapped, and he's played the other sister. Oh yeah, that is also a movie that falls into that. Can Juliette Juliette Lewis, Diane Keaton, Giovanni Ribisi, Sarah Paulson, And there are two mentally handicapped people that find love and They're like, why I would do the quote? But I feel like if I do the quote, I may have to have a meeting after the show because I don't know if I can do If I say just the words without try, Normally we do the character right and we.
Speaker 6: Read it wouldn't make any sense if you're just reading the words as they are to get into character. Like people are easily offended if I said, what we have here is failure? That cool hand luke right? You know, so you have to do it. I'm Batman.
Speaker 1: You have to do it in the character voice. So if I do the character voice from I am Sam or or rain Man? Right, why is it for? If I do for s Gump, that's okay, Well, it is like a box of chocolates. That is a statement that one I'm okay to do. But if I do I am Sam or Giovanna Ribisi or a quote that Juliette Lewis has in that movie, I'm gonna be having a meeting afterwards. You're just acting, But I'm not an actor, that is true?
Speaker 6: Do you have an only one of us? Is that a pass?
Speaker 2: Ye, it's a pass. You're an actor?
Speaker 1: Can I then do Asian accents, all.
Speaker 6: Of them, all the accents.
Speaker 1: No, the boys next door for mentally handicapped people live together? Is that a movie Lindsay's promoting. Yeah, develop me disabled or delayed is what you could call someone with a mental disability. Okay, well, thanks for the correction. Special needs sling blade. Yeah, yeah, I didn't. I didn't realize it was such a deep bench. We got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 6: Four of The Big Man Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Is this Someone's gonna win? Tickets to see Guns N' Roses Saturday, September twelfth at the thunder Ridge Nature Arena and ridge Dale, Missouri. Tickets available thunder Ridge Nature Arena dot com. But you gotta play Sing Sing first. The current record is well.
Speaker 6: Sir, I am leading this one with nine and Lindsay has seven, and you probably shouldn't play anymore because you have four.
Speaker 1: Last week's that would be Lindsay, So Corbyn and Gimpy eight three three four six oh k m O D eight three three four six O kmo D call up to decide who's going to be your clue giver. Whoever gets the most right is going to win those tickets to see Guns N' Roses on Saturday, September twelve. Let's get our first contest in here. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, John, John? How are you, Buddy good Man?
Speaker 6: How are you good Man?
Speaker 1: Who do you want to give?
Speaker 6: Clues?
Speaker 1: Gimpy or Corbyn?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Corbyn?
Speaker 1: John? Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is Tom Morello band, and this is their song about standing up for yourself and not bulls on parade.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is a song about what you're listening to us.
Speaker 6: On Gorilla Radio.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This Canadian was married to a guy named Duff and she is a country artist. Gimpy's favorite country female artist. And you don't impress me much, I believe, yes, but this is her reference to a human being that is not female.
Speaker 3: Any man of mind?
Speaker 6: Correct? Uh?
Speaker 1: This is Bradwell's band. It's also a state of mind. And you think they're talking about wine with fruit in it, but they are not. Low double All.
Speaker 6: Stars have All Stars.
Speaker 1: Date rape h time two is what we got John. We'll see if that's good enough. It might be hang on the line. Okay, okay, good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 6: What is your the two?
Speaker 1: Good morning you're on the air. What is your name?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: This Dakota, Dakota. How are you buddy?
Speaker 6: I'm all right?
Speaker 1: How you got good? You and Gimpy have to beat too?
Speaker 6: Are you ready? I as ready as I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Okay. This is the Fresh Prince of Belle Layer and it's a song about dancing. What's another's word for a dance? Like an Irish blank jig? There you go? There you go? Uh crazy mother? Love a name? Ice cube, back beats called blank words? Attitude? You got it? Hey? Where We're pass that one? Man, We're past that one. This is a song that they sing at baseball games, and everybody at the baseball goes, yes, you got it right here. That's Caroline, you got it?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: You gotta say the whole thing, Caroline, you got it. There you go, We're moving forward. What is the This is Gwen Stefani's band. What is the opposite of do? There you go? And when words come out of your mouth you are doing.
Speaker 1: What doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations you're getting those tickets.
Speaker 6: Guns n' Roses September twelve, because.
Speaker 1: Excellent job, sir, Hang along you can, John, I'm sorry, man, you did not win. Alright, Sorry, all right, buddy, my fault. That's the one that I ended on Lindsay.
Speaker 2: And I could not get it was this one right here.
Speaker 8: Yes, I don't practice Blake and Blank. I ain't got no crystal ball. If I had a.
Speaker 6: Million dollars, I will I spend it all.
Speaker 8: And if I could find that Hannah and that Sancho that she's found what smackus Sancho.
Speaker 1: That's spart yes, sublime Santria also.
Speaker 6: Religion.
Speaker 1: Santria is sounds like singer ya. I wish thought they were thinking about wine was free.
Speaker 2: And then this was the one that give me get him say yeah.
Speaker 1: This is a scomp quote punk band from the nineties. She married Gavin Rossdale and then married Blake Shelton, and this is their romantic song if you will, about when she dated the bassist in the band.
Speaker 2: Now he said the opposite of do Can he say that?
Speaker 1: Because it's I don't think he's because don't is do not right? So I don't think you can say do but it doesn't. It's fae what it doesn't. He didn't get it, so it's fair, all right.
Speaker 6: The record Now is me in the lead with ten, has Lindsay with seven and keeps you with four? More of the Big Man Morning Show is next.
Speaker 1: Hen't see what Ghiphee has in his four x four.
Speaker 6: It says here that Joint Base Charleston is now renamed in honor of Lindsay Graham. In honor of the late Senator, Joint Base Charleston in South Carolina has been renamed as Joint Base Lindsay Graham. Doesn't really roll off tongue that well, but it is what it is. A ceremony was held yesterday in Charleston, with Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, and Graham's sister, Senator Darlene Graham, all in attendance. Uh Pete said that Graham I fought against radical leftist ideology that's been running rented in the media in its final years. His sister is serving out the remainder of his term and is running for a full term, and Tuesday on in a crowded Republican field in the Palmetto State. Ram died unexpectedly on July eleventh, at the age of seventy one.
Speaker 1: It's wild to think like, so I die, my brother gets named the replacement. Right, die, your brother gets.
Speaker 6: Named the replacement god.
Speaker 1: Lindsay dies? Okay, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 6: All only child? What else we got here? Trump signs Childhood Vaccines Executive Order of President Trump's newly signed executive order focused on childhood vaccine schedules is facing some pushback. Speaking from the White House, he said the order would split the childhood MMR vaccine for measles, mumps, and rubula in the three shot Ugela a rugela. Republican Senator Bill Cassidy, who is a physician, called the order wrong in a post on ex Cassidy wrote that the president does not have the expertise to make these changes and that breaking up vaccines will increase hesitancy and make children less saint.
Speaker 1: So you think, because apparently it's like two hundred seventy, three hundred and seventy fourth executive order, that that isn't a record. By the way, Okay, Bush had two ninety one uh Junior Clinton had three sixty four. That was two terms combined. Reagan had three hundred and eighty one, Carter had three hundred and twenty. Nixon had three hundred and forty six. Lyndon Johnson had three hundred and twenty five. Truman had nine hundred and seven. Damn Roosevelt had three thousand, seven hundred and twenty six danm It's an anomaly. Hoover had one thousand and three over So everybody just piped down for real.
Speaker 6: This is a fun little story. Zuckerberg's yacht doesn't respond to radio call for help. Billionaire Facebook owner Mark Zuckerberg's three hundred million dollar yacht failed to respond to radio calls for help by a small skiff that ran out of gas off of for a goot bay. Sure, I think that's how you sell it, it says. Reports are that while Zuckerberg's yacht was closer, a small cruise ship made the rescue instead. Maritime law mandates the nearest ship to render aid to a distress call. In a social media post, a passenger on the cruise ship said that fellow passengers booed loudly when the captain explained the situation.
Speaker 1: That'll teach him.
Speaker 6: Uh huh. A spokesperson told The Alaska Beacon on Sunday that the tech title and his family were not on board during the incident. Yeah, that would be on the captain by the way, either way, he didn't do it. He's like he Zuckberg has nothing to do with it. It's just his name that owns the ship. Ah, but he's responsible for everybody who employs it. Now that captain needs to find a new job, because if he's just going to leave people strand it out there in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Well I would say, not follow the law. If he's not going to follow the law.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure you could say that to you whatever. Lastly, here gil Crease Museum acquires new pieces for their collection. Gil Crease Museum has announced the acquisition of new pieces ahead of their reopening in twenty seven. They say each new piece they acquire is an example of how the museum envisions the growing institution going forward. The museum is scheduled to reopen sometime in early twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Morning, Lindsay, good morning, Corbin. We want you to enter to win tickets to see Gabriel Philuffy Iglesias. He's going to be at the Cove at River Spirit Casino on September nineteenth, and while you're at it, enter to win to see this show from the silver seats front row from our friends at cors Light.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Good morning, GIMPI, well well, good morning.
Speaker 6: Corven Drillers are back in action this week, taking on the Arkansas Travelers. Today's two dollars Tuesday, but the big night is Thursday night for a thirsty Thursday. It's also Ranch Dippers Weekend. Show up on a Thursday night. Get yourself a Ranch Dipper's T shirt for the first thousand fans coming through the gates. Buy in print tickets online at Tolsodrillers.
Speaker 1: Dot Listener emails you can always email us show at kmod dot com. Show at kmod dot com. We read an email on the air and then you guys get to give advice on what that person should do. Feel free to give advice at show bmms and whatever that would be to eight two nine four five. All right, This one says I live in an apartment complex. I have a unit with a garage.
Speaker 6: Good for you.
Speaker 1: I got up this morning and a car was blocking my garage. I couldn't get out. I had somewhere needed to be. I waited twenty minutes, hoping they'd come out. They never showed. I called a tow truck, got them towed, even though it was many hours later, my friend said that I should have waited longer and that shit, I should contact the complex and let them deal with it. I pay for that spot. Should I have waited longer? What would you guys have done?
Speaker 6: Hm?
Speaker 1: I always felt like a pinnacle, like when you're when I was an apartment living to having a because some apartment complexes they have garages, and you're like, oh, if I could have a garage, that'd be a great place to store more stuff.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what it is. And your car never goes in there, right, it's just boxes of.
Speaker 1: Crap and someone blocking it. Whoof. Yeah, the entitlement at apartment complexes is one of the things I do not miss about apartment complexes, especially when it comes to parking spots, like whether they're when they're numbered and reserved quote unquote, that's different, but when they're not, and it's first come first, and the people that feel like their spot is their spot and how dare you parking their spot?
Speaker 6: Oh, they get hot about it. It's my spot.
Speaker 2: I feel though, that people do know, like when you pay for it, people know when you live there, and even when you're a guest. I feel like the people that live there, they tell you like, hey, you can't park there because those spots are paid for.
Speaker 6: If it's the same people that think they can park in handicap spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how long did he say?
Speaker 1: He waited twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: I mean he had to get somewhere to go. Yeah, you know, and he was already late because he had to call a tow truck. He waited twenty minutes before calling a tow truck.
Speaker 1: Well, and tow truck doesn't come. They're not they're on call, but they ain't on call, right, No, no, no, no, no, they ain't the police. They ain't gonna be there in twelve minutes.
Speaker 6: So this person was highly inconvenienced. They said they had to go to work or something, or they just had to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: I had somewhere, need to be okay, and couldn't get out. Waited twenty minutes hoping they'd come out. They never showed.
Speaker 6: Wherever they had to go. They were late for it because this jackass wanted to park in front of their garage, couldn't get the car out.
Speaker 1: I mean, and there's times too, when there's no spots in front of your complex and you don't want to park far away, so you just kind of make a spot right next to a fire hydermtar where there's no spot. I've seen that done too. Yeah yeah, because you're like, well, my complex is right there, Why do I got to park around the corner. The fact that they don't have enough parking spots from everybody makes you know it's kind of annoying. Yeah, but this could have been a visitor right right, right right, could have been a one night stand. This tex says, if I pay for a spot, I'm calling the tow truck. Don't be an idiot. Doesn't sound like this person was an idiot. Do you let the apartment complex handle it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I wonder what the rules say. If someone's blocking your garage, you can call the tear truck.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 1: Not like your house, right, Your house is your property.
Speaker 6: This ain't your property, right right, right right, But essentially it is because you pay for that spot. You pay for that garage that's yours, right your.
Speaker 1: You're not paying for maintenance on it, you're not paying for anything.
Speaker 6: It ain't yours. You're right, you know it's not yours. You don't own it. You can't take that strip of asphalt with you. When you leave. But while you're living there, while you're paying rent for a domicile, you're also paying for that spot and that garage, you know. So yeah, you could call You could have called the the office, but like, hey, somebody parked in my spot. They're just gonna call a tow truck and you gotta wait even longer. So why not just beat the middleman?
Speaker 2: Or they might not call a tow truck because they don't want to pay for it.
Speaker 6: Well, then wouldn't it be at the owner's expense, the owner of the vehicle, so that the apartment complex wouldn't have to pay for it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know how tow trucks work, to be honest. I know some of them work that way, but I don't know how it works when it's an not pre arranged situation, Like they don't go, yeah, we'll try to get money out of this guy that has the Honda Civic.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, most places they have signs up vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean I've never seen that in an apartment complex in front of garages, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if if you are renting that unit, that garage if you post put the sign up yourself, because I would.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can. I don't think you just put signs on the building that isn't yours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe not.
Speaker 1: And I don't know the legality of you on the property that isn't yours calling to have a car removed. This Texas management may have not been there yet, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, depends on what time of the day that this happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, as a tow truck driver, yes, they have the right to call as long as they can prove they pay for that spot. How do you prove that it's in your lease? Yeah, I got to get my lease and show you my lease.
Speaker 6: Yep. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's your proof that proves that you're right and this sucker is wrong.
Speaker 1: Most people don't know where their lease is.
Speaker 6: Well, those people need to keep better track of their stuff.
Speaker 1: You are perfectly within your rights to have them towed. You did nothing wrong. Nuclear answer. You should have taken their gas cap off and epoxied it. He poxied it back on, put lock tight on all the lug nuts, and then called the tow truck.
Speaker 6: Oh geez, that's a lot of work, but hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'd have done nothing different except the amount of time he waited. I wouldn't have waited that long. When spots are reserved, especially in front of a garage, violators will be toted owner expense. It's on the damn sign sharing who's sharing? That's Sharon?
Speaker 6: If you notice that, uh, whoever Sharon is Listen, It's hard to know what you're trying to be intentional on, whether it's a mistake.
Speaker 1: How fun get in your card of impound? Is there a central impound or do toe truck companies have their own impounds?
Speaker 2: I don't know that either.
Speaker 6: I think there's a combination of the two, but I think it's mostly Most tow trucks have their own little impound lot. Most major like Allied, has their own little impound lot.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious to just the legality situations that tow truck companies get in about towing cars, Like do they have to take pictures to show or do they just get to say it was and that's that? Like, I don't know how that works. Yeah, too many unknowns. What time of day was it? Do you knock on your neighbor's note door?
Speaker 6: Nearby.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll get to our opinions. As a tow truck driver. Again, it's towed at owner's expense as long as they can prove that spot is paid for and reserved by the person. This one I worked for multi family industry for over fifteen years. When someone is parked illegally, then residents can call tow truck and he gets built back to the owner of the car. Most complexes have a tow company that patrols, and there are usually signs. Man, I don't recall when I lived in an apartment complex ever seen a tow truck patrolling.
Speaker 6: I've never seen him patrolled, but I've seen the signs.
Speaker 1: Nine times out of ten. Nine times out of ten. Garages open up to the driveway that is for travel. Therefore they've parked in the road and as far as the tow truck goes, that is private property. Impound and the owner has to go to the wrecker yard to pick up the vehicle and pay for the truck and storage. What's that run nowadays? A lot? I don't think I've ever had my car impounded a lot? And how do you know where your car is? Do you have to call around to all the tow truck companies. To find out where it's at.
Speaker 6: You'd go to the office, Like in this particular case, you go to the apartment complex office. They have a particular company that they use for that, and they'll say, okay, here, call this number. And then you call them and you're like, okay, yeah, we've got a white Honda Civic out here.
Speaker 1: But if they didn't call the person called on their own, they may not have used the apartment complex's official towing company of the apartment complex.
Speaker 6: Maybe so right, did they just.
Speaker 2: Like leave a note in the street where that your car was parked?
Speaker 1: Would do you call and have your say your car is stolen? Because that's what you would think, you wouldn't. Yeah, in my previous experience towing in California, we had individual inpound lots that could lean sell vehicles starting beyond thirty days. Oh h, listen, mister generational wealth with an apartment garage, quit trampling on the common man. I would afford a gallon of bleach in their tank before calling the tow truck. Oh I think, wow, that's dumb. Yeah, that's dumb because you don't know who's got cameras face now now, now, now, now it's on you. Now it's a you thing.
Speaker 2: And also you don't know whose car it was. It could have been. It could have been parked there all night. It could have been parked there for who knows fifteen minutes, you know what I mean? Like it could have been an emergency situation.
Speaker 1: What would be an emergency situation.
Speaker 2: Maybe the person's has a relative living there. Maybe it was a mother or a relative fell and called them for help and needed them and was like, oh no, I just came. And they didn't put their hazard lights on because they weren't thinking properly.
Speaker 6: It could have not parked in front of somebody's.
Speaker 2: Correg You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Hazards create a different scenario.
Speaker 6: I think, so that lets people know that there's something going on. Yeah, but you're still blocking that is a true stavment and you still get towed. Your hazards mean.
Speaker 2: Dick to me, Yes, But I think with hazard lights on it would have alerted them like, hey, I'm not going to be here forever, right.
Speaker 6: Right, Because not everybody just parks their car and leaves their hazards on to go inside and watch Game of Thrones, right, you know what I mean right, That usually indicates that there's somebody there. There'll be red bag.
Speaker 1: This person says, when a private property toe occurs, the toe company should not notify. I'm saying probably should should notify the local agency, like the police department or the sheriff or the highway patrol.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a wild one. Listener emails from somebody who lives in an apartment complex and they have a unit with a garage. They got up this morning, the car was blocking the garage. I couldn't get out. I had somewhere I needed to be, couldn't get out. Waited twenty minutes hoping they'd come out. They never showed. I called a tow truck, got them towed, even though it was many hours later. My friends that I should have waited longer, and that I should contact the complex and let them deal with it. I pay for the spot. Should I have waited longer? What would you guys have done, lindsay, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I would have done anything Differently. I may have contacted the front office of my apartment building if they were open, and ask them for their opinion, if they knew whose car it was, maybe, But other than that, no I think that they did the right thing. He said it was many hours later. Yeah, so, I mean the person owning the vehicle had time, still had time to come and move their vehicle, and they didn't. So they were negligent and got what they were that what was coming to them.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, we have some tow truck drivers that listen. How many times do you get called out for a car block and a driveway and get there and it's gone. Yeah, that's a good question because I would imagine you then go sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's part of the gig though.
Speaker 2: For sure. And also for the person who said, did you knock on neighbors doors? No, like that's no.
Speaker 6: You're gonna go knock on every neighbor's door. R apartment complex as you're talking about. If you've got a three story apartment complex, you're looking at least six doors on one side that you have to go, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right, This says for private property toes, they have to fill out a form to toe it, whether it be the space owner or apartment whose form the tow truck company's form? Is there a form that goes to the police to what form? Who decides the form.
Speaker 6: Good question.
Speaker 1: It makes sense what this person's texting that that there should be some sort of paperwork, you know, line of sight. But who does a police apartment have a piece of paper that goes, hey, this is what you need to do if you take somebody's car off property that isn't yours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know how that works out, because.
Speaker 1: Like when people repull a car, they have legal paperwork with them.
Speaker 6: That shows that they're supposed to be taking that car, that they're not stealing it.
Speaker 1: Huh feels like those the lines pretty thin. Yeah, what do you think? I think this cat did the right thing. I think he did the right thing by calling the tow truck and having them towed out.
Speaker 6: You got places to be. That person parked in front of your spot where you could not get out at all. Was it's one thing of like, oh, you just parked in my parking spot and have somebody's car towed right, that's a bit of a dick move. Find another spot until that car moves. In the movie R's, but that's not the case here. This person's car was in the garage. They parked in front of the garage door. They couldn't get it out. This person had places to go, things to do, people to see, and they couldn't do it. They were already inconvenienced by this person hap and then they had to call to it. I think I think they should have called earlier. I'm with that person that texture that said that you should have called the moment. I don't think you did anything wrong. Keep doing God's work.
Speaker 1: Uh So, I just looked this up because I was curious. Can you call to have a tow truck move a vehicle when you live in an apartment complex in Oklahoma? This says no, an ordinary resident or random person cannot just call a tow truck to remove another vehicle from a private apartment complex parking lot in Oklahoma. Only the property owner, manager, or authorized legal agent of the property has the authority to request a non consensual toe from a private, multi family residential complex. Now that's just a response on Google. I don't know if that's true. With all that being said, I'd absolutely call because I pay for that. That's my That's like standing blocking putting your plants in front of my door because you want you have too many ferns. I to me, it's a crazy thing that your friend would even say that.
Speaker 2: Obviously his friend has done that.
Speaker 6: Before, right, he's probably has gotten toad and right, it's scorned by somebody mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Or no respect for other people's property.
Speaker 6: That's possible too.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't have respect for other people's property. It's not like an anomaly. Right, If it was a door dasher or something, that would be pretty fast. Sometimes even have a little note on there. Yeah I'm a dasher, right, but ah, twenty minutes feels like a long time.
Speaker 6: It is a long time.
Speaker 1: Would you look and you're gonna stand out there and raise your hands a bunch and drop.
Speaker 2: Them like, yeah, what is that? Yeah? Would you look into the car? Went into the car, like see if there's keys in it or anything?
Speaker 1: Ooh that's an interesting Okay, give be the keys are in it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you move it?
Speaker 6: No? No, because now I am entering somebody else personal property and that's illegal. That is illegal.
Speaker 1: That's not a lie, it's not a lie. But you leave the keys in it, like someone can move my car. I've heard people do that before when they know they're parking illegally.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, I'm not taking that chance because I don't need the owner to come out and be like, what are you doing. You're stealing my car? Well, I'm moving it because you parked in front of my garage. A dick, No, And then it's it's just a big thing. It's a big thing.
Speaker 1: It comes a push at that point, I think at the law enforcement showed up the I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube where people borrow bikes and they get shocked off the bike. So I don't know if I want to cars.
Speaker 6: Now. They do have these roller things that you could jack the car up, put them on, put the tires on these rollers, and then just move the car that way. You know, it doesn't have to be in neutral or anything. You don't have to be in to steer it. They're just it's like moving furniture, right, that's one way to handle it. Keep that in your garage next time. If you don't want to call a tow truck, keep those in there. Got your jack, Papa, move the car out of the way. Yeah, let it be somebody else's problem.
Speaker 1: If you have that piece of equipment that you use maybe once in your lifetime. Maybe once. Yeah, then yeah, that.
Speaker 6: Boy scout is always prepared. Corbyn, Sure, sure, because.
Speaker 1: You never know we got to take a break. We'll be back to emails. You can always email us show at kmod dot com. Show at kmod dot com. We read the email on the air and then give advice. This one says, I'm a single mom of three trying to do my best. No husband and boyfriend, grandpa, which is why I'm asking you strangers. My daughter's sixteen. Her boyfriend is sweet, never giving me a reason not to trust him, but she wants him in her room to study. I don't know how I feel about this. I don't know what the right call is. I'd rather than be here than in the back of some car, at least here if he pressures her. She hasn't out. This isn't about being the cool mom. I'm trying to be real about the situation and not have a hardline rule for hope. I was her age. I remember what it's all like listening to email from a mom who's got a teenage daughter who wants her boyfriend to come over and quote study in her innocent, pink room with innocent dolls on the bed of a neatly made bed with ruffle dust ruffler thing on the thing on the bottom, and she's trying to figure it out. Do you remember your parents having a hardline rule of when you could or couldn't have kids in your girlfriend boyfriends in your bedroom.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have boys in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: Period, end of story. Yeah, and yet you've told us a story of having one in your bedroom.
Speaker 2: Because I snuck them in my bedroom. I couldn't. Yeah, if if a boy were to be in my bedroom, the door was not to be closed. That was That was that and the story. And if it was to be for studying, over for studying, there's a perfectly good dining room table to study at. Use it. That was That was their rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting one, especially when she put in there the this isn't about being the cool mom, because, as you pointed out, the rule still existed, hardline rule. Yeah, you still figured it out a way around it. So is it better to have them like have that in the house so at least there's some sort of safety net.
Speaker 6: Where what did she say, she gets pressured? Yeah, she can still have an out. I don't know if she would take that out, you know what I mean, probably just fall, you know, succumb to the pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's tough man, and you're a mo three and you're by yourself, which means you're also working, and you're just trying to deal with chaos. Yeah, bullet closest to the head type of thing, trying to figure it out, right, and with a teenage daughter teenager, but teenage daughter and same gender. Sometimes there's a clash there at that age. Sure, I hate you. Won't you let me live my life?
Speaker 6: You don't get it.
Speaker 1: I think I'm trying to remember if my parents had a rule like that, I guess you'd have to have had a girlfriend at that age for to be a thing.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to be that guy. But yes, you have a lot of girls over.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I remember being young and a couple of doors down Amy Eldridge lived there, and we would I would go play at her house or she would play at mine. And at some point that was not okay.
Speaker 6: Right, Usually it's about thirteen, twelve thirteen, once the puberty hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at some age it was like bad news. It was fine for a while, play in each other's room, right, exactly, No parent involvement at all, no dining room table.
Speaker 6: No, because you're still innocent and you're not gonna start heavy petting.
Speaker 1: There's no innocence.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: In high school, my girlfriend's parents built a new house. They put a full length glass window on her bedroom door. Weirdness. And there is the example of the show right there in one point five seconds. Like to put a glass door on the bedroom door of your teenage daughter feels creepy.
Speaker 6: It's only creepy if you make it creepy. You are making it to where you can see in there at any point in time. You know, you know if she you know, she just got out the shower, right, don't be passing by the door. But if she's got friends over there a lot, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Uh, what an awkward situation. But he try and crack her daughter. Oof, that's a no one for us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: She quote remembers being her age, and quote I remember being his age. They should study in the living room. We never got caught. Door open, door closed, didn't matter another one. If dad is still somewhere out there, now's the time to get him involved. It's not what's her name and number? For one hundred bucks, I'll put the fear of dad in her.
Speaker 6: Will you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dad who clearly hasn't been around for whatever reason. Let's go ahead and get him involved now, right, or a stranger or a stranger? Yeah, why is this guy talking to me?
Speaker 6: Who are you again?
Speaker 1: My dad planted rose bushes outside my brother's window because he with sneaking girls in. Yeah, and how did it work out when you put a blanket over it?
Speaker 6: Well, then mama knows when her bushes had been trampled. Okay, it doesn't mean I did anything. Well, yeah, that is a that is a crushing weight of a teenage body that has smashed my rosies.
Speaker 1: You don't have to stand on him. You just need it to block the thorns, right.
Speaker 6: Or you just deal with the scratches with me in a bitch, let's.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, yeah, you want to be a man, Be a man, get scratches when you sneak in and out? Is there an appropriate plant asking for a friend to put under a window?
Speaker 6: Poison ivy?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 6: I'll teach him quick.
Speaker 1: I mean it'll teach that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the next person who goes in there. Really, you don't want to go over to Corbyn's house. You try to sneak it through that window? You were going to get poison? Ivy all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then when you do, you know, they get poison ivy on their way in. Now they've got it in my kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and oh god, that's a quick way to bust them all. Ha ha Hey, well in there where would you get that?
Speaker 1: Would you get that rash?
Speaker 6: What happened? You've been sneaking out?
Speaker 2: No, some little mouse traps?
Speaker 1: Is some of this like what people are eluding of, like the glass window or a glass door and all that isn't a little bit of you putting your head in the sand.
Speaker 6: I don't know about putting.
Speaker 1: You're trying to act like it ain't gonna happen because you've laid the law. You put poison ivy in front of the window.
Speaker 6: You're doing what you know, or you think you can what you do. You know you're trying at least you're trying something. Putting your head in the sand would not be doing anything at all whatsoever. Letting you know, boys and girls go into the other rooms and then just you just sitting there and watch who wants to be a millionaire while God knows what happens in that kid's bedroom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, ignorant Instead of heading his hand, I don't know reasonable answer. Talk to your daughter and make your expectations clear, but also let her know that if she does feel pressured to do anything she doesn't want to, you're there nuclear answer. If a locking chastity belt is just out of the question, sit her outside her door. And if there's any moments of silence bursting with snacks, drinks or wild accusations.
Speaker 6: Locking chastity belt like on men in tights. Yeah, I've got the key to the greatest treasure of all the land. Nobody knows what it opens their chastity belt.
Speaker 1: So I was just looking up the evolution of the chastity belt. And funny how you know history repeats itself. So in nineteenth century was a medical moral thing, and then the Renaissance it was rare, and the fourteen hundred and fifteen hundreds but actual use was extremely rare, and then Middle aged is a myth. The popular idea is that medieval knights locked their wives and belts before going on crusades because they didn't trust them. Wow, you're just haanging.
Speaker 6: Loose, right. Who came up with that idea? Like there was such a problem, They're like, we gotta do something about this. So they had to get a blacksmith involved right size tank tank tank tank tank, pound out this thing.
Speaker 1: What they're doing. They had to go tinkle.
Speaker 6: Right the better. Hope you got the key on you, Well, that's.
Speaker 1: The point of it. If I have the keys, I'm on a crusade.
Speaker 6: Sounds to me like you're just pissing your chastity belt then and that causes infections and rust and yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and then evolving to current day where now it's a kink.
Speaker 6: I e. The cage. That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Would you like to know more about the medieval myth or modern BDSM? Settle down there, Google. Listen your email from somebody who says I'm a single mama three trying to do my best husband, boyfriend or grandpa. Which is why I'm asking you strangers. My daughter is sixteen and her boyfriend is sweet, never giving me a reason not to trust him, but she wants to wants him in her room to study. I don't know what the right call is. I'd rather than be there and then in the back of a car at least here if he pressures her. There's Now this isn't about being the cool mom. I'm trying to be real about the situation and not have a hardline rule of hope. I was her age. I remember what it was like.
Speaker 2: What do you think, lindsay, Maybe it's not him pressuring her. Maybe it's her pressuring him. She wants him in her bedroom to study. Who knows.
Speaker 1: I remember those girls.
Speaker 2: But either way, I think you just need to talk to your daughter and her boyfriend together and let them both know what your expectations are, your rules in your home and make it clear what they need to follow. And if you don't want them in her bedroom again the dining room table to study. Not much studying goes on in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: When you snuck that guy in, did you have to persuade him? Oh? No, on we think so? Uh GIMPI.
Speaker 6: It's your house, your rules, that's bottom line. That's all that there is to it. If you are trying to be that cool mom, I know you say you don't want to be that cool mom. You're not trying to be that cool mom, but you want to be that cool mom because you're a single mom and you don't have any friends. So you got two other children there here's the fun thing. Yeah, go in there. Whatever they're in there studying. Quote unquote, send the little one in there just to go play, keep an eye on them, Send one of the other kids in there to hang out with them, right, because they ain't gonna do nothing. They ain't gonna do nothing while that other kids and they're just watching or playing or whatever. I ain't that's the best bet.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to go with something, sounds like you don't want the hard and fast rule. Sounds like you're trying to figure out how to have your boundary and also let your kid be a kid. Maybe just tell your kid what you don't want happening, and then if they violate it, then there you go. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what I'm gonna do when that happens. I want to think I'm gonna be rational, but probably not.
Speaker 6: Put razor wire outside your kid's windows.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can do that.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: I know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're manifesting it to happen.
Speaker 6: Right, pushing it to happen a little bit quicker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I've always had this attitude with soda in my house. I don't buy soda for the kids and everybody's like, that's so mean. No, it's not. They're gonna have their whole life to have soda. I'm not going to push it on them before it's time. It's like when they were really little and people like you're not taking your kids to Faran's like no, like why not? I'm like, cause they got plenty of time to go to the fair. Why am I going to push that on them before it's time. Yeah, they'll come up when it's time and be like, can we go to the fair? Then? Okay, But to take them before they're asking feels like, you know, punishment on myself, right.
Speaker 6: But you don't let them have soda now, and then when they get to adulthood or whenever they can have soda. Now they're drinking every soda in town just because they can't.
Speaker 1: You miss it. No, you misinterpret what I said. I didn't bring it in. When they start asking for it, that's a different thing. I don't deny them when they have we have soda in the house. They go, can I have soda? I don't go. No, you don't drink soda water only, kid. I have one hard, one hard line rule in my house. Well, besides like no hitting and stuff. The dosage is the poison. You don't have soda, that's fine, but the dosage is the poison.
Speaker 6: You don't need a you.
Speaker 1: Know, quick trip seventy eight ounce.
Speaker 2: Yep of it.
Speaker 1: All right, We got to take a break. You can always email a show at kmody dot com. The Big Man Morning Show returns. Good Morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 2: Happy twenty third birthday. Two porn star jayden Stone. Check out this BBW brunette in Monster Curves forty six fic queens, Oh God and curvy Stepsis has a hot deep fantasy. She's five foot five and sports natural forty JS.
Speaker 6: Good morning Gimbie, Well, Good morning Corbyn, Ah so Hey, five Finger Death potsch Cody Jings are teaming up. They're going to be uh in concert at the Walmart Emphtheater on Friday, October second. You want to go for free, We'll just click on that contest tab right there on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Time to tell the truth. This is your opportunity to ask anything you want. Just remember keep it clean, no bodily fluids, nothing sexual, and don't forget. We can't then will pass on a question. Let's open up the phone lines. Here's Corvin in the gang with all the truth you're gonna need.
Speaker 1: Be in my mask and whatever you'd like to ask to eight, two, nine, four or five? Did you ever get caught with a boy or give me a girl like by your parents?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got caught when I was probably seventeen. We were making out.
Speaker 1: Where h upstairs?
Speaker 6: In your room?
Speaker 2: No, it was kind of like just an extra like use it as like a game room, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the room that was deemed okay to bring a boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, making out embarrassing, So.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter that their hard and fast rule of nobody.
Speaker 2: In the bedroom, right, there was no door on that room.
Speaker 1: It was like a little That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I'm just saying like it didn't matter, right, gimbi, Nope, never got caught. Yeah, did you get caught by anybody else's parents like you were with her parents? Are you with her and her parents caught you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I always went somewhere else that wasn't involved in a in a home somewhere I got caught by some friends once. Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting I don't remember that either. I don't remember getting I don't remember getting caught by anyone. I was like you, I I didn't want to get caught, so I did oh I could to not? Yeah, absolutely, I laid plenty of groundwork. I remember being at Don McFarlane's house. I dated her for a long time and her parents were going to go to dinner and we were gonna watch a movie. And every light that pulled into the driveway, it's.
Speaker 6: Like, your parents aren't right, kind of ruins the mood.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it doesn't get everybody excited Texas. Growing up, I being many a cool mom's daughter. By eighteen, I was bringing the cool mom to settle down. He is, oh, good for you. Listen, eighteen year old sounds cool? Right you talking about a thirty I don't think sounds cool. Yeah it feels weird. Yeah it does, because she was just waiting for you to turn eighteen.
Speaker 6: Right, Uh, what's the best financial advice you ever got?
Speaker 2: When I got my first job, like a real job, like not babysitting, but actually collecting a legit paycheck, my dad used to say, like, let's say you make two fifty dollars, keep that two hundred, but put that fifty dollars in say and save that, and that was that was great advice because and when I needed to buy a car, I had that money saved.
Speaker 1: Up fifty dollars at a time. Well, no, but to start, you know, I'd have taken forever gim me.
Speaker 6: Uh No. Never really got any advice financially. I guess if you get a credit card, pay it off. Not as good as that gets.
Speaker 1: I mean I got a lot of financial advice, whether it was good or not, or I listened to it as another It is another thing. I'm trying to think of a good don't get a credit card, But I don't think that that's actually good financial advice, right because you build credit unfortunately, but people don't use them appropriately. So have you ever gone through a midlife crisis? I believe I'm going through something and I'm thirty five, I'll be thirty six, but I can't quite put my finger on it. What do you think, lindsay, have you ever gone through a midlife crisis?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, not yet, I don't think. I don't think. I thought maybe turning forty was going to be scary, but it wasn't. I'll probably think turning fifty is going to be scary. I don't know. I haven't been there yet.
Speaker 1: Well, Gibbie.
Speaker 6: According to the definition of midlife crisis, a period of intense self doubt, emotional distress, and identity questioning that typically occurs between forty and sixty five. People facing this transition often confront aging mortality unfulfilled life goals, which can trigger sudden changes in behavior, career choices, or relationships. So based on that, I've been through a few of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I would say Lindsay had been through one two based off what she said a second ago. But I think the intensity of it is different.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People think of midlife crisis is going to be buying a corvette or cheat on your spouse, but it can be I gotta be honest, self doubt, emotional distress, identifying questioning that typically occurs in life, my goals, career. Yes, yeah, since I at twenty, like yes, right, especially questioning in a more mortality.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I know as we get older, we start looking at what we've done and how much time we don't have left. Think it would like it?
Speaker 1: Sure, That's something I learned in my thirties that there's only so many of them. Uh, and that's it. I didn't wait till I was like forty or fifty to think about that. Yeah, because if you are constantly reminded about it, then you know it's a real thing, rather than like it only happens to people who are older.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, somebody's clarifying something for us.
Speaker 6: Ew.
Speaker 1: The Tulsa Little League softball team also got disqualified for ineligible players last months, and we were talking about baseball. So it's a systemic problem.
Speaker 6: Oh, good lord, fix the issue? Is it the same people running both organizations?
Speaker 1: I don't know those text I got caught plenty of times by myself, but never with a girl. Oh wait, have you tied everything down for tomorrow when we lose gravity for seven seconds?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: What this is.
Speaker 1: God just takes a It takes a simple Google search. Project Anchor is a viral hoax and Internet conspiracy claiming the Earth will lose gravity for seven seconds. The rumor falsely states that elite NASA document shows the agency is tracking an eighty nine million dollars plan for a global gravity blackout. Do you understand what would happen if we lost gravity for seven seconds?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okayus man, the cars would.
Speaker 1: Lift off of the ground.
Speaker 2: We would we would build everything.
Speaker 1: And then those things would have to come back to the ground.
Speaker 6: Well, it's only for seven seconds, so they're not gonna go high into there.
Speaker 2: We'd all be David blaming it for seven seconds.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a sticky black.
Speaker 1: I don't know how far a car would travel in the air without gravity, right, but I can only imagine anything over a foot is gonna feel like more than a speed bump for sure.
Speaker 6: Man, that's all it takes. I mean, you got all that weight come crashing down, even if it is ten, fifteen, twenty feet in the air.
Speaker 1: Not only that, the gravitational pull.
Speaker 6: So you've got the weight and the pull, right, it's gonna come slamming down exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what like if you're parked in a garage, would it go through the roof?
Speaker 1: Possibly? This says all the cars in the parking lot. Yeah, you would go twenty feet in the air.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope you got insurance and would.
Speaker 1: Insurance cover that. You could argue it's an act of God. But if there's an that leak, this ain't happening. All you've got to do is logically, think about this.
Speaker 6: What happens tomorrow when we all start floating? And you're wrong?
Speaker 1: I hope, so, I hope. So I've never begged for anything more than I'm begging for that to happen.
Speaker 6: Please prove me.
Speaker 1: Wrong on that. I'm so comfortable with that because no one will care that I was wrong. We'll talk about all the other things.
Speaker 2: So, just did you say just your car would.
Speaker 1: Go Well, no, everything would go to different heights. Yeah, because you have to take the weight of everything into account. But twenty feet in the air for a car, yeah, kill a lot of people. You might die in a car.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about like a newborn baby sleeping in its crib?
Speaker 6: Yeah baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Babies are resilient, though they.
Speaker 1: Are quite buoyant. They're not cats, kind of like cats. No, a car wouldn't go through the rift of the garage, but it would crash through yeah down if it were outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and it's gonna go up and the earth's rotating, so it's gonna yeah there. Come on. I know this person was kidding, but still what they weren't. What's one movie you think is the ultimate tear jerker for you?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 2: Uh? In terms of endearment. I can't watch that movie without crying. That's uh, where the she's got cancer? Ju Julia Roberts No, no, no, terms of it's older than that.
Speaker 1: Sissy space No, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Uh is it you? No, Sissy Cissy SpaceX played Carrie right, Yeah, it is Deborah Winger. Yes, is the daughter and uh she her mom is played by Wieza that actress.
Speaker 1: Just get to the You don't need to try and hit all these actress.
Speaker 2: She gets cancer and her mom and Jack Nicholson is also in it. And it's just a mom who's yelling at doctors most of the time, and her husband cheats on her, and it's just it's a great movie. It's just very compassionate, sad. And her daughter dies and she's got ch Lei's behind children, and it's.
Speaker 1: Sad when they say goodbye to her. Yes, and she's telling the oldest boy to take care of oh god, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when and when her mom is in the hospital and because her daughter's in pain, and she's like, my daughter needs her medicine. Why haven't you given her her medicine, her medicine And she's yelling at the nurses ough.
Speaker 1: Awful gimpy A dog's purpose. There's a funny thing in the book series that I'm reading where they make fun of humans because they're all all movies about dogs. The dogs die, right, What kind of sadistic person does that make all the dogs die?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Hi, I have a list. I have a list. So Armageddon, when the ship they know they have to crash the ship and he's blind and he's talking to his son, and his son's like, he's got a twenty. He's like, well, like he can visualize it. And then when the captain at the right at the end is like his boys couldn't make it, and he's like tell him, tell him. I said, I love them. And to my wife who died a long time ago. Uh, not a day goes by, I don't think about you. And you're just like, oh god, yeah, I got just think about it. Uh yeah, okay. I have three secure credit cards and a CD loan to help rebuild my credit. How does that sound, Corbyn. I'm at like a six hundred credit score. I would say you don't need all that. I think that's a little excessive. Why do you need what's a what's an unsecure credit card?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, uh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To turn into this financial course. You don't need a credit card in a CD loan, you don't need all that. One credit card would be enough. And if you have a loan, pay it on time. That's really all you gotta do. Whatever loan you have, pay it on time.
Speaker 6: And if we're being honest about it, six hundred is not that good of a score. You need at least a six thirty to buy a house. So keep working on that ball.
Speaker 1: That's fun. What's your credit score? Lindsay?
Speaker 2: Seven? Do you think?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Gimpy?
Speaker 2: Oh God for you?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 1: It's not like it's not like anybody can use that against you.
Speaker 6: Doesn't matter. It ain't nobody's business but my own. Yeah, I know, but it's better than five hundred.
Speaker 1: Five o'oe? Uh eighten, Mary Bank killed Brahms Sonic or what a burger?
Speaker 2: Lindsay, Oh, I just said the other night how much I love me and Brahms the burger. I'm gonna I'm going to Mary Brahms kill Sonic and bang water burger? Oh what a burger? Yeah, just because it sounds good to sleep with a water burger.
Speaker 6: Have you hag Yeah, I love it, Gimpy, I'm Mary and Waterburger they got a better selection. That's about it. I'm killing off Sonic. Sorry, you're hot, garbage man. And that leaves me with dabbling a little fun time with the with the Brons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Sonic's the one that's got a go. I think this isn't as easy as I thought it was gonna be. Sonics breakfast is pretty good. Yeah, the their ice cream and desserts are pretty good. Water Burger does have a great selection of everything. Broms does too, and you get the gross store.
Speaker 2: Brom Dude, you get Brom's milk.
Speaker 8: Woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm marrying Broms banging water Burger. Ah, marrying Broms banging Sonic because I love their cheddar bites and their pretzels are pretty good, and I guess I'm killing water Burger. Someone's going settled down. Do you all think you can work past who you're with finding out you slept with their best friend before you ever met them? Okay, so do you think you can work past who you're with finding out you left with their best friend before you ever met them? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Question to ask, Yeah, gim pete. Yeah, I'm not the one who has to work past it is you. You're the one who found out we didn't even know each other at that point in time. Right, come on, now, get out of here. It's not my problem, that's your problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now reverse it? If can I work past finding out you slept with my best friend?
Speaker 6: I feel like.
Speaker 1: That's different from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well again, though you guys didn't know each other at the time, I know, but still every time we're around, you know what his penis looks like.
Speaker 1: That is not I don't know if I have a mental capacity. Mary Bane killed Dolly Parton, Reba McIntyre, Shania Twain. The steels so easy, so easy?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my gosh, I mean, okay, you're mayor. Oh my gosh. How do you kill any of them?
Speaker 6: That's real easy. You can use a rope of gun.
Speaker 2: I'm passing, all right. You feel like I'm going to hell if I kill any of them?
Speaker 1: What gimpe? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: We're killing riba off okay, ginger where I'm leaving it at that one? I am banging Dolly pardon just to say that I did. And that leaves me marry and Shania Twain. She is the youngest, and I got the hottest out of all of them. I don't marry for money, married for looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, accomplishment wise, we're killing Shania Twain. We're marrying Dolly and we'll bang Riba just off legendary status alone. You get three legends. One of them's at the bottom. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: How can gravity keep an entire ocean on a spinning ball but can't keep a leaf from falling? Okay, babies bounce back? Windsie my real dad for me across the room when I was a baby, and I'm okay, ha ha. True story?
Speaker 2: Or did you deserve it?
Speaker 1: Do you guys record all your ad reads beforehand or any of them read live on the air before you go to break sometimes? Good answer? Uh, oh, we didn't ask him? Give me what's your tear jerker movie?
Speaker 6: You did? Oh? Yeah, we did?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Any of those are Dog's Purpose, a Dog's Life? Any of those movies?
Speaker 1: Ma God, not Marle and dogs because they all die, all dog movies, The dog dies.
Speaker 6: Even all dogs go to heaven.
Speaker 1: Old Yeller, Uh deserved it? Tear jerker eight bit Christmas Saw it just after my dad dies. Didn't realize the emotional hit at the end.
Speaker 6: The same thing happened to me with Mars Needs Moms. Probably the lame movie.
Speaker 1: But Mars Needs Moms it's I mean, it's about needing a mom, right. But what is eight bit Christmas about? A dad?
Speaker 6: A ten year old child living in the eighties dreams of owning the latest video game system. He decides to get it on his own after his parents refused to buy that expensive gadget. It's got Neil Patrick Harris in it.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we have a problem. This can't be true. Hold on, this can't be true.
Speaker 6: Wow, let me verify it. Hold on, let me get on the edge of my seat. Let me verify this. Okay, I'm on the edge.
Speaker 1: Okay, settle down there, I'm just looking, son of a bitch. It's true?
Speaker 2: Is it what I think it is?
Speaker 1: Settle down, you're stomping on my thing. Cheddar bites are no more.
Speaker 6: I think, he say, Dolly Parton died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is bad. This is as bad.
Speaker 6: Listen, the chutter bites are met anyway, that's why they're not around anymore.
Speaker 2: It's bad because he killed water.
Speaker 6: Burger I'm just saying that there there's a reason why I killed that restaurant off, saying I got a couple.
Speaker 1: Of things on my play I want to clear off. I think this is just a weird story. Brad Pitt said, after seven years sober, that he's drinking again. Does that mean you've fallen off the wagon? Like you're not trying to be sober?
Speaker 6: I guess yeah, that's exactly what that means.
Speaker 1: And why are you making it a public thing?
Speaker 6: Maybe he's ready to party.
Speaker 2: Maybe well, or he's just getting ahead of it before you know, paparazzi's like, oh, look he's he's drinking. Yeah, off the wagon.
Speaker 1: I just thought that was a weird story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's a slow news day for those Brad Pitts drinking again.
Speaker 1: Lawsuit blames diners brain damage on raw oysters.
Speaker 6: Can you do that? Do raw oysters? Raw oysters don't cause brain damage.
Speaker 1: So this forty four year old retired firefighter has brain damage, and he said he became gravely ill after eating raw oysters at Gibson's Steakhouse in Chicago, ultimately suffering cardiac arrests and oxygen loss that caused permanent injury. He's a former marine as well, and he's been hospitalized ever since this took place in twenty twenty three, and he's expected to be bedridden and in need of lifelong care. The lawsuit names the supplier of the of the oysters and alleges doctors screened the man and found pathogens to shellfish high shellfish, and the restaurant disputes any responsibility, saying it's investigation shows no evidence the restaurant causes his condition. The man's former fire department and supporters are raising funds for his family.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, so it's not the oysters themselves, it's something in the oyster e COLI.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, it's not the lettuce that causes cyclospora, right, that's just.
Speaker 6: How it got there to you. Yeah, So does this guy have a case against the restaurant in which he got the oysters from.
Speaker 1: Sure, if he can prove any type of negligence, But is it the on them?
Speaker 6: Yes? Right? If anything, he's got a case against the company who made set oysters.
Speaker 1: Right, But then that trickles down because then they weren't doing their diligence to make sure these people were doing the right way. I mean, yeah, I think he's definitely got a case. I don't eat oysters out lot out in restaurants. I just don't trust. It's too temperamental. Okay, to me, it's nitroglycering, that's fair. I had some really good ones while we were down in Florida. I like them oysters on the half shell, especially if they do them upright, just regularly playing Jaine ones, like when Lindsay's like I do an oyster shot at the sutures over here with him.
Speaker 6: Effing snotting a cup. That was so gross.
Speaker 1: I I just don't know enough about oysters to feel comfortable ordering them anywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've never had what I've always been a good fan, you know, I get them. They're smoked in the can at the grocery store, Elite those as a snack. Yeah, that's a good stuff on the half shell. You know, those oyster shots probably would have been better if they have vodka in there instead of just oyster juice. I think that's what made us so bad. But yeah, oysters are good man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think if he can prove that they you know, didn't keep him on ice for whatever duration of time or they served them, they sat in a heat window.
Speaker 6: Long.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be a back and forth sort of thing because the restaurant have to prove Oh yeah, we did store them properly. They came from the distributor this way. It's not our fault, it's their fault. Thee Oh there's it's it's gonna be it's gonna be a long drawn out process.
Speaker 1: Well, they got time because he's bedridden for the rest of his life.
Speaker 6: That sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's only forty four.
Speaker 6: They am damn well. If anything, he'll get disability.
Speaker 1: If it's me, I'm being like, can we move to a state where we can take care of this?
Speaker 6: Oh it's cole old doctor.
Speaker 1: K Yeah, no reason. This is not a way to live life for any of us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The University of Michigan is getting rid of grades for incoming freshmen.
Speaker 6: Huh, Like they don't get any grades at all whatsoever. They're just like, come here and enjoy the experience. We'll start grading you next year.
Speaker 1: They're trying an experimental pass fail.
Speaker 6: Sure that'll work out. Well, I mean, where's your criticism of it?
Speaker 1: Stan caim Be, What what are you basing that statement? What are you thinking?
Speaker 6: You either pass or you fail. There's no in between ground. It doesn't give you any kind of idea of how you're doing academically because it's either yes or no, you pass or you fail. It doesn't let you know, Hey, you're riding A you know a C grade, you know C plus. You could if you worked a little bit harder, you can bring that up. You can bring that grade up, bring that average up, and you could be an A plus student. It's just it's black and white. You pass or you fail. I don't I don't think that is good.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. I think you will know your progress, how you're going through the prom you know, through everything. If you do well or not on the test, you're gonna know you're not doing well or you are. And having passed fail seems fine.
Speaker 6: It's experimental. I guess we'll find out how this experiment goes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think there's too much pressure on grades to like you got to get an A rather than just if you pass, it's fine, that counts, you're good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all know that passing is good and failing is bad. But I mean, if you can strive to be the best in the top up, that's another thing that you don't think of. Does that negate all these people who are at the top of their class, you know, who worked hard, who study hard to get to that level. Now you're just a regular schmuck like the rest of them, because you know, it's it seems like it doesn't matter how hard you study or how hard you work, just as long as you pass. Yeah, as long as you don't fail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're either going to have to. I mean, you're going to be turning in work. They're going to look at the kids that aren't gonna aren't turning in work, aren't participating in lectures, things like that.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never went to college, and then it's going to be a clean slate come their sophomore year.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't hate the idea of because if you get a C, you pass. Yeah, But if you get a C, you're deemed as not working hard enough. Right, Well, that that may not necessarily be true. And I know plenty of people that were great students that are horrible at their jobs. So it's just not a good determination of who you will be in life. It's almost like a false sense of something. And then There's been reports of schools that hand out a's when the person didn't deserve an A, rather than just like it's pass or its fail.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but some people really like that accolade, to be an A plus student, to be at the top there class, to graduate valedictorian. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is an interesting thing that's happening in London that I think is going to create some conversations. Police impounded ninety vehicles over the weekend, totaling ten million dollars in supercars, everything from a Lamborghini ruveleto she has a starting price of six hundred thousand dollars, to a Ferrari Manza SP two, one of just four hundred and ninety nine built, reportedly worth up to five million dollars and was only in the UK for a day. It was unassured and driven by somebody on a learner's permit who had only been in the vehicle half hour. The whole point of gathering these cars up or starting to collect them is the police department has been given some power to impound cars that are becoming a nuisance. They call it antisocial driving anything from loud engine reving, cruising in convoys, street racing, or other nuisances while driving. And of course they're only doing this and affluent neighborhoods of people that have money. But yeah, this is I think this is a long time debate that people have about people making their cars loud. And you are absolutely entitled, yeah, to do that, but when you put that on everybody in a one mile radius, it seems to be your freedoms impeding on my freedoms. Yeah, pretty fascinating. And that's a lot of money. That's a lot of cars, man, But then again, if your car gets impounded. And the whole point was people were just taking the fine and just moving on. It continued the moment they'd pulled away, right, And the idea is to try and actually actually stop it. We regularly hear from local people who are fed up with people driving cars dangerously in the area with modifications which make them a nuisance to those who live near bye, said Special Chief Inspector Geoff Tatman. All Right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back