Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 2: You're channel nine first one to one to more cast up bad. You got a sunny day for the most part, It'll turn partly cloudy. Today's high sixty three. Overnight little forty six with partly cloudy sky. Partly cloudy tomorrow as well, with a high sixty eight. Got a few clouds over Saturday night down of forty nine comes Sunday, partly cloudy as slight chance of rain in the highest sixty eight. It's forty six sixty degrees right now.
Speaker 3: Time for a traffic up from the UC Health Tramphing Center. From Pregnancy in Menopause Too Healthy eighteen, The Women's Health Experience. If you see Health off our personalized care with the newest treatments mon Marid you see health dot com forward slash women North Bend seventy five continues to run an extra three to four minutes out of Erlanger into downtown Sathbound seventy five slows just event paints the Reagan Highway hand South Bend two seventy five a bit heavyer approaching to Carol Cropper from the Lawrenceburg Ramp chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 2: See the talk station it's seven coming on some forty two. If you have kars De Talk station, it's Memorial Day weekend and joining if you have caarsee morning show. And thank you for your service to our country. Jim Stid from the CINCINNTI war Bird's good to have you on this morning, Jim, and happy Friday to you sir.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brian, appreciate you having us on. Happy to a great way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: It is, and let's start with the Memorial Day dance. Her wife's going to probably want to go to this. She's always wanted to go dancing at the Moonlight Pavilion with me, but her husband me doesn't dance anyway. Sounds like a great event. Let my listeners know all about it.
Speaker 1: Jim, Well, it's great, I mean, like your audience. Since ant Warbirds members have always felt that Memorial Day should be more than picnics and holiday sales, So twenty five years ago we started sponsoring this USO style show to honor veterans. Features the time Docerty Orchestra, who creates Glenn Miller's Army Air Force Band, The address some period uniforms and perform a USO show entitled Swing Canteen just from the forties. It's absolutely phenomenal. Begins with a color guard and national anthems. They have such a following. They attract a lot of local swing dance groups like Brian Sykes and the Voodoo Swing Dancers who will be doing some great swing dance demonstrations. So even though you may not be dancing with your wife, you can watch some great swing dancing demonstrations.
Speaker 2: So various people watching event. That is what that is, it is it is.
Speaker 1: And then during the first intermission we have a very moving ceremony that pay attributes to our fallen heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedom. Plus we honor several local veterans that were nominated by their peers for special recognition and be commemorating the end of the Vietnam War fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: That's great. A lot of period dress. You mentioned the Thom's Swing Canteen Band, and they're all in period dress. But these local swing groups they all dress in period dress as well, don't they Well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and we have some door prizes for the best period dress and authentic uniforms. Plus you can win a you can have a chance to win a ride and a very famous historic military aircraft called That's All brother which is the actual C forty seven that led all eight hundred others over normality on D Day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we'll.
Speaker 1: Be hosting Yeah, we'll be hosting That's All Brothers Lumpkin Airport in two weeks along with one hundred and first Airborne.
Speaker 2: Oh what a cool opportunity. So I absolutely very important Also to mention I see there's going to be a cash bar and refreshments there as well.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, cash bar and hot food provided by Emmy m I, who have been absolutely fantastic hosts. A lot of people don't realize that even though Coney's rides and pooler, they still do events on site, including our event and of course summer fair that will be coming up. Moonlight Pavilion was actually Moonlight Gardens, was the fact those standards for swing dances back in the day. As a matter of fact, we're going to have a couple there celebrating the anniversary of their first date May twenty fifth, nineteen fifty six, almost seventy years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was really disappointed with the development that moved in and subsided for old Coney. But happy to see that the pavilion is still there because I was under the impression that we're going to tear that thing down.
Speaker 1: Now. The new venue is going to be over at Riverbend, rebuilding that, but so far there's no plans to do anything to the pavilion or the gardens. They're going to retain those.
Speaker 2: Great. That's good news. And of course the event taking place tomorrow. And what time does it start, Jim.
Speaker 1: It's May twenty four, two to ten pm.
Speaker 2: Yes, from six today May four, and they get people can get tickets to the link on my blog page. I know Joe updated it to include but at Cincinnati warbirds dot orgs to get tickets CINCINNTI warbirds dot org low low price of twenty bucks in advance, twenty five bucks at the door. Lots of entertainment for that low price. Pivoting over the How about's talk about the D Day commemoration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be in two weeks, which of course is the a to first anniversary of D Day. June sixth, seventh, and eight will be hosting. That's all brother the see forty seven Lead Aircraft and several others that will be offering rides and on static display all weekend long.
Speaker 2: That's a great event for the members.
Speaker 1: Yeah, members of one hundred first Airborne there, I want to recognize that on Saturday at noon.
Speaker 2: Saturday at noon, it's June sixth through eight at Lunkin Airport again, Cincinnatiwarbirds dot Org to purchase rides and so people can get rides on these planes if they want to sign up for it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, And it is a very moving experience. You know, a lot of people don't realize you can. You can see videos, you can look at photographs and so forth, but it's such a visceral experience to actually be in the aircraft, to see it, touch it, smell it here, it's a totally different experience.
Speaker 2: And from what I understand, Like I'm looking at the picture of the C forty seven, that's all brother that you mentioned. It's kind of loud in there, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a little noisy noisy. One of the interesting things though, is they have the names of the actual one hundred first Airborne folks that's sat in those seats on D Day.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 1: You get to sit in the same seat that one of our fallen heroes sat in on that day.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's just that's really cool. Well, anyway, I know you're gonna get a lot of people show it up to that one, So get all the information and if you five KRC dot com or just have direct live to since A Warbirds dot org. I appreciate what you and the since An Warbirds do. And you know you look after these aircraft as part of your mission, correct, Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean these are essentially flying museums, and you know our mission is to promote the preservation of the historic aircraft as well as hon our veterans, kind of educate the public about the price of feedom and inspire younger generations to continue that legacy. As if we don't do it.
Speaker 2: No one will. Amen, brother, I love hearing that. And do you have like mechanics who specialize in these old aircraft, because that's probably a trade that's going the way of the dodo.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that is that's one of the challenges of keeping these flying. But that's that's essentially why we have these events, because the money that's raised keeps these flying museums maintained and so forth. Everybody is a volunteer. Nobody gets paid well, I'm still a very passionate thing. So something we do because we love it and we'd believe in.
Speaker 2: It, I imagine. And since you did mention everybody's a volunteer, I presume that you would welcome additional volunteers to help with your mission.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, absolutely, Again, since sunny Warburg's dot org, if you're interested in joining and helping out with the.
Speaker 2: Mission, fantastic. I hope some of my listeners go down that road. It's inspiring, no question about it. Jim on behalf of all my listening audience and to all the since Warbricks, thanks for the mission that you're on, the mission that you do, and for hosting these wonderful events an opportunity for folks to get together in well fellowship and celebration and also to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for the service of their country as we fast approach Memorial Day. Jim, it's been a great having you on the program, and keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brian, appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, sir anytime, and thanks again for your service and continued service to our country. It's seven forty nine right now, fifty five k CD talk station. I was just there earlier in the week. Affordable Imaging Services. That's where I got my MRI. Everything great. Was glad to hear that. And you know the cool thing about it, they get you right in and unlike the hospitals. And my doctor even told me, he goes, man, they're really backed up at the hospital. I said, well, I don't want to go to the hospital for my MRI. I want to go to Affordable Imaging Services. He goes, yeah, I know you advertised for me, so I'll call him up. Scheduled it on a Monday. I was there at noon on a Tuesday. I got my MRI. He had the radiologist report by nine am on a Wednesday. They guarantee forty eight hour turnaround on that at Board certified imaging report, but got it in less than twenty four hours. That's affordable Imaging Services. So I'm not waiting around to get my image like I would at the hospital, where I would actually pay a heap load of money more than MRI. I got a contrast, so it was about six forty I think, but a regular MRI without a contrast is only four ninety five thousands of dollars at the hospital echo cardiogram. It's your heart. You want to get right in. Your doctor ordered it like, oh wow, I don't want to wait around three weeks to a month thirty five hundred dollars. No, I don't want to pay that. Affordable Imaging Services five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram without an ntsmen only eight hundred with same thing goes for CT scans. I've gotten multiple there at Affordable Imaging ultrasounds as well, save heap loads of money. Same equipment hospitals use in decades of service. The folks that operate the machine, the machines have under their belt, so and never a problem. Never once has any doctor that I've got one of the images there complained about it at all. Is exactly what you get from the hospital, but a lot less money. Learn more online go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com five one three seven five three eight thousand. That's five one three seven, five three eight thousand fifty five KRC. Grab your shits your foot flow