Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George, Atha, thanks and I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tells her what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Quick Hands Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wished off the Panther season Now Gusts and Country first years the corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambules since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better.
Speaker 4: Twenty takes a clinch.
Speaker 3: Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Bronkers keep on taking lots of Chinese heading this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that that has to sit there for water. His defeat Friday night food in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see watch you running for the team. I ain't playing in the NFL. We only met with league again tries every day time.
Speaker 2: We're killing every team.
Speaker 3: I'm super cooking with all these hands. I cast a month to day. George, Nick, Tanya Arthur.
Speaker 2: To the stage. Please welcome back to the Quick Hands Rugby League Podcast, Season three, episode fourteen. That's one oh five. Welcome back in Ardie, George Highs.
Speaker 5: We're back again.
Speaker 4: We're back again, another way, another week.
Speaker 2: Again. This time I'm no one dialing in. You're sitting in my favorite seat.
Speaker 4: M here you go.
Speaker 5: It's comfortable. It's comfortable too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, just before we kick off, guys. Unfortunately, Tanya is not able to join us tonight because she's in transit, but she did give me a message to read out and she did give me her tips for later on from tenure. Hey, quick hands fans, I'm sorry I won't be there to bring my sas tonight. I'm at the Multicultural Australian Mental Event graduation from my mentee. I'll save my sass up for next week. Fins up you go. The Bronx three Queensland teams in the top eight. I love you all, see you next week.
Speaker 4: There you go it.
Speaker 2: She'll be back next week, just in time for us to talk about how she's going to be wearing my jersey three weeks later.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 2: Gorge where's around fourteen?
Speaker 1: The candy got that stuff nice, nice and firming. The candy in the can that.
Speaker 2: Boys were one week off the big one.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's it, and you know what. I was going to do a good thing of the week, but I had I saw someone on the weekend and they asked me a question and I thought I would fulfill it. They asked me, what's happened to just Beiner and the rumors? So contacted Jess beIN. I've got three rumors. Instead of doing the good thing of the week, I've got the rumors.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Apparently St George, you are about to announce some signings for twenty twenty six six. Yep, Michael Flanagan, John Flanagan and another other Flanagan related to Shane are going to sign five year deals and play wherever they want. A nepotism at its best. So that's one room. Apparently she spoke to Gus Gould just pena. She just wanted to ask him how how training is on the paddock with Straldo. Gus reckons he has never been on the training padic or he does sit in the office, so being honest again. And the last one was Raman apparently spoke to him. Yeah, apparently can't understand why the crowd booty him every time makes a mistake on the field. Apparently that's why it gets boot because it makes mistakes on the field. It can't work, It doesn't work. It hasn't worked it out yet. But anyway, Actually I heard.
Speaker 1: An interesting interview with him in Reese and today actually they're on the Queensland Radio. Let me say, interesting characters, very interesting characters and Israel Man. I think it started off an origin thing and he turned into the Boa and yeah, I think he's in. But anyway, that's what that's what them Nick.
Speaker 4: Everyone's been waiting for one thing all week and that's.
Speaker 2: What has been.
Speaker 4: There's two.
Speaker 2: There's two things, and I'll tell you and I've got to say this week's going to be a little bit different. Neither one of them is a criticism or controversial. The first one is there's a breaking news from the super coach whisperer, Phil Gould apparently has made a statement. Look, I've never met Payne, heass never spoke to him. I don't even know what position he plays, but he definitely should leave the Broncos immediately and definitely not to the Bulldog. And sorry, Josh, I love it, I love it, I love it and The second thing is you're going to love this. Shout out to my brother Leno who in his organization. And you're not going to believe this because I was in tears when he told me there is actually a driver whose name is such Himsion. I just thought that was brilliant, considering.
Speaker 1: He's everywhere, every here, anywhere I go, and I'll go to a cab rank right, I don't know where he's in the world.
Speaker 2: Now now now we know his moonlighting somewhere else too, behind the wheel.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be in Europe. I'll be there at all.
Speaker 2: And that's not a job, that's for real. I had to include that.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: There's no one been this week.
Speaker 4: No, okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: So you guys, when do you want to start Origin?
Speaker 5: Origin? There's the Origin.
Speaker 2: Everyone's pumped. Last time we were sidetrack with other stories. Tonight we can look forward to the big one, which I think it's in Perth, isn't it next Wednesday? Yeah? Strange t Perth. Do you guys want to run through the teams? Georgie, how do you want to do it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he wants to run through the Queensland team because the new self has been more settled.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's only one change for the Blues. But we'll start with the Ramone Marones. We'll start with the Ramones, move on to the sex Pistols. Now we'll start with the Maroons. And at fullback we've got Klem Ponger, So even though Rese Walsh she's obviously back now I think that's a wise choice. Kadon Ponger at one, Xavier Kurtz on one wing, Robert Toyer starting in the centers with Valentine Holmes, Hamisair Tabio I Fido the Hammer. On the other wing, we've got Cameron Munster who's the new captain at six five eight and Tom did In a new halfback who's replaced the DC Big call there. But forwards we've got Molwaiki Fodowacer at prop, Harry Grant at hooker. Big Tino is the other prop, and we've got Ruben Conner and Kirk Capewell starting in the back row, with Trent Loyero at locke. And then on the interchange bench she's got Kurt Man, Lindsey Collins, Jeremiah and I and Patrick Carrigan and the eighteenth man. This ridiculous reason he's causing headlines. He's Ezra man.
Speaker 5: I'm not going there. And Nicola, can I just.
Speaker 2: Say one thing. The guy's back playing footy, he's eligible for selection. Everyone's get on with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not going there that, you know what? To me, it seems like he hasn't Billy hasn't addressed the real issue. What he's done is rearranged the chest on the Titanic.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that? The half the half back slash captain call. That's a big call.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, the okay, so he got he's got Tom diden in.
Speaker 4: Now he's asking.
Speaker 1: Tom to steer, to steer home an Origin victory, a decider in w A. And I'm not saying he can't do it, please, I mean the kids, the kids class, kids class, the kids class.
Speaker 5: But he's never done it. And you know that d C has done.
Speaker 1: It now to make d C into an escapegoat because I don't think he really played that bad And the real problem wasn't d C. The real problem is that the forwards got annihiliated, completely killed through the middle, absolutely slayd through the middle. That is that what that's the problem. That is the issue here. It wasn't d C. Now does he have to make a change to get a different result? Let's say he does? Is is Tom didn't? Tom didn't uh that change he had to make. I don't think so, Nicola.
Speaker 5: I'm looking.
Speaker 1: I'm looking the forwards here. That's where that's where the changes that have have to come.
Speaker 2: I didn't agree with you, George. I mean they lost what was at eight and six.
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 2: It wasn't you know? And lg to drop your captain halfback after one game, and you're talking about d C too.
Speaker 1: Once you why don't you give someone like they see because remember he comes with not only experience, it comes with a long kicking game.
Speaker 5: Dealen hasn't got a long kicking game.
Speaker 1: Now you're going to put pressure on Paul Ponga to come into the front line and kick long because Monster has got a good short kicking game, not a long kicking game. So you're putting a lot of pressure on the young man. And I'm sure he can I'm sure that Tom didn't can handle the pressure. Like I said, quality, absolutely quality, but maybe not maybe next year, not not not this year. And I'm looking at the forwards here because that's where that is where the that's where the issues are came in the first game, and you've got actually any young man with any red hair. I really don't Corey harse Bro Now. I want to put Corey Hawsbro in and absolutely fire fire him, fire him up to absolutely cause havoc. He's got to up hit the this this yourself. I was packed. You got upset him. I don't the modern day way of upsetting. I don't care how you gonna upset him. You've got to upset him. You've got to get him off rhythm. You got to get him off a tiger, because if they start rolling, you're in trouble before the game starts. Seriously, and look that, I don't see it. I don't see it. I don't think Harry will start, Howry wont start just.
Speaker 2: Just going back to the selection, I mean Harry Grant. Interestingly enough, Bellamy said in the last game, that's the worst game you've seen Harry play, so you know he's going to bounce back so good. Interestingly, with the there's been a lot of criticism, you know, on Slater for making the change, right, I kind of see it both ways. I mean, I think it's a pretty ballsy move from him. You know, he felt like he had to shake something up, but the same token. You know, Queensland are always renowned for picking and sticking in recent memory, right, But you have to remember in recent memory they've won how many out of the last twelve inteen? Right, So it's easy to pick a stick in your winning all the time, you know. So I think maybe that's a little bit harsh as well. I think the article, I think the headline yesterday was picking flick. But I think you know, again, you know, it's easy to it's easier to stay loyal when you're winning. He has to win this match.
Speaker 1: He's got to win, he's got and.
Speaker 2: He's putting him so he's putting, you know, more pressure on himself by making that cause. But so he's doing what he feels is right. He has to win this match or he's I think he's lost three games in a row now and and this will be two series in a row if he drops this one.
Speaker 4: So so so he had to make a change.
Speaker 2: It's and didn't didn't a very good but it's a different look to the team, George, Like you said, I think it'll be a little less predictable. I think it's not about didn't been there.
Speaker 1: It's it's more about he's not he's he's not, he's not. He wasn't never the problem, or this was the problem, that's the issue. I didn't didn't look if the if, the if, the if the pack held its time in game one and and he wanted to make this change, you know.
Speaker 2: Where, you know where I felt the biggest issue was in game one especially. I think they lost in the first half. Right, there's an old saying. There's an old saying. You guys know you can't win a game in the first three minutes. We can lose one. You know. It was a discipline. They had given away three or four penalties that were unforced and made a few errors that were unforced, and that gave yourself far as the momentum, So they their discipline never really gave them a chance to get wound up and get going. So I mean that'd be my first area of focus for sure, because if you look back, if you look back to the extended highlights, and some of those penalties they gave away just unnecessary and it gave it gave news out. But when you've got clearing and Moses kicking. The last thing you want to do is give away field position because these guys the two of the best kickers in the game when it comes to pinning teams back in their corners. And I think you South, well, I've just got over the top of the arm wrestle and and never never let the pressure off. So yeah, it's an interesting one because you're right. If if they don't give those two areas right, the halves really won't make much of a difference, no.
Speaker 1: Difference to Nicolelina. And I'm looking at the at the forwards and I'm struggling. I'm struggling to see, you know what, if, if by any chance they can they can be equal with the new South Rst Pack, If by any chance they can hold them and be equal, you know what I mean. I've got confidence that Monster can do something special. I'm sure he will do something special. Okay, but they still but the queenna has got to be in the picture.
Speaker 2: Because if Slayton does what you suggested, who starts a hooker is a kurk Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think kirk Man.
Speaker 1: God got the gut feeling kirk Man's gonna come on for twenty just to cop the credit. All you're gonna do is for twenty minutes, Pump twenty tackles into what they did last time.
Speaker 5: Pump twenty tackles into the uh into what's his name?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: What's his name again? The hooker?
Speaker 2: No Harry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just Pump twenty tackles into Grant and then you've taken you've taken his zippiness zippiness away.
Speaker 5: So I reckon I'll do that at least.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I look at the bench, and uh, you know, we got Spencer, We've got Harson Young to come on, We've got Stefano, which which impact players even Conda Connor Watson, Lindsay Lindsay Collins for the for Queensland. Look at Toyer Toiler. Uh no, definitely an impact player, love love Carrigan. So look, look, maybe you know what history tells us. His street tells us that the team that loses the first game, yeah, either wins. That comes very close. I did not expect a game like last time.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. I think it'll be much closer.
Speaker 1: Mate, They're gonna, they're gonna, they're gonna be ready. Because I said this to actually that after the first game, and he looked at me a little bit strange. I think maybe Billy should look at himself because to me, that team didn't look prepared, you know, one way in the world that they weren't gonna they they didn't they didn't look mentally prepared.
Speaker 5: So that falls back onto the.
Speaker 2: Coach again, right, So so looking at Slater, right, so this is his third third series? Is it's his third series? Yes, he won the first one, he lost the second one. He's still learning the ropes too. He hadn't coached prior to this either, Right, So he's in a position now that he's not been in before, and he's got to learn his lessons and make the big cause. And he's doing it. I mean, I've gotta given credit like he's he's not shying away, but it's still learning. It's still learning his way to So yeah, you know, I'm sure he is looking at himself, you know.
Speaker 1: I just I just said that because I don't want to throw I mean, the players at then they copp the issues because they're the ones that get dropped. But I find that hard a Queensland team not coming out with fire and brimstone in Queensland at Lang Park. I just found it strange. Maybe it's the one off, and I think it's one off.
Speaker 2: The other.
Speaker 1: The other thing which worries me a little bit is is coming out of dirty Book. Because half the night you're coming in Origin, you're coming out of dirty Book more than half half the night. And they're gonna they're gonna pump it down. Mitch will kick it down to coats uh and then you're gonna have the Hammer or Valentine bringing that up on two and three to the important tackle too. So you got homes homes or the hammer bringing that up on two. And what they're going to do is what they did last time is just pick him up and drag him because he's not a big body. I don't, I don't, I don't know, but all these little things I can't wait to find out you said.
Speaker 4: Was on the other side.
Speaker 1: Sorry, just let your stable team pretty much, extremely extremely good thing team. The only change that they made was a force change and.
Speaker 2: Look, well you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got I've got a few things to say, actually, New South Wales fans media, I don't understand. Last year we had Tedesco our captain who got dropped after Game one for Dylan anwards and look at the result. New South Wales smashed Queenslan the second game, Quins Istill the same, they got rid of their captain the C and they're putting didn't. I don't, I don't. I don't understand what's such an issue from yourself? Well fans the big deal. But I think it's a good move to be honest. It's game too. You're throwing d C. They lose that game, that's it. Serious is over? So coincsind's going, you know what, We're going to throw everything at him. Didn't for d C. I can't understand it. I think it's a great If he didn't.
Speaker 2: Make that call, the media would have been hammering him for sticking with d C. Would have the way right because I didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't in for d C's not not my issue. The question to him, he's like, you know the issue? What was the issue? What did you just lose the game? And he's moved, But he hasn't moved. He hasn't changed anything else he's put He's put didn't for d C saying what to me that he was the.
Speaker 4: Issue, he was the problem. He didn't do that. But he's also made some really really good tweaks. I found one of the best players coming into Queensland, which I don't understand why he wasn't always out and that is Kirk Capable. If you remember a few years ago Coinsland were on the outer and he just destroyed your South Wales and on that performance, on that performance alone, I would have given this guy ten origins in a row. But for some reason he got dropped. I don't know what happened. He didn't get picked, maybe got injured. But I think I think Kurt Capewall is a sensational choice by if you want inspiration, that's the guy that's going to do it, because he did it in one series and I guarantee he will probably do it again. I like him and I'm not sure why he's not there all the time.
Speaker 5: A very good player, but the question is is he really ski?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He can. That day he did, he scared the wholeness of the Whiles. The other thing, I've got to give something else. Credit to Maroons right now, Robert Toyer was new South Welshman, right, he would have been dropped because that's what they did with Catoni Stags, That's what they did with all the other new player. Every time a player in a young guy and they lose, they and drop him straight away. I still don't understand why Stags doesn't play for the South Wales. If it was a coinsland Tony Stags would be this will be seven Origin and the Ray of coins Lay. But for New South Wales he hasn't played since that one game. No, I'm talking about Stags. No, but he had a chance before them and he got dropped after one bad game. So keeping Robert Toyer, I think that's a top choice.
Speaker 2: By what's his.
Speaker 5: But the toy didn't play better.
Speaker 4: I know he didn't at all. So Stags didn't play bad either if you look at that game. But I'm just glad that Toy got another chance. I think he's going to do great things for the coin.
Speaker 2: I know we covered it last week, but something I've thought about since then, right, New South Wales have the potential to be so much scarier and better than what they were because one thing that I thought was when I was when I watched the extended highlights of the game back, I thought, we all know you got your six and seven clear is the dominant half right, and he did the majority of the kicking and I thought to myself, what if they came with a different game plan. What if they decided to share the kicking and keep flipping sides. I mean, they could terrorize the back line. It was it was fairly predictable that it was always going and then it was always going to Nathan, right, and obviously you got mitched there as well. And I'm thinking if they just decide to make it a little unpredictable on either side of the rock, who's good? Who's you know? You got one of them standing on the right, one of them standing on the left, which side is the dummy half going to? And you don't know who's going to kick that and they're both going to kick. Well. I just think that if they if they were to take that approach, God, they could be scary. I thought.
Speaker 1: I think, I think that partnership develop on Wednesday, there will be three times better than they were last time because that was their first time to get Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just the other thing I just want to say with with the coin, the only thing that I don't like about the coins and sw is what's this thing with Trent Liro, Like, I know he's been okay, but I don't I don't understand why he's picked in the starting squad off the bench fair enough, but dropping Carrigan and Nani for him, I found that a strange one. That's the only one that I question.
Speaker 1: The thing is we've trend and this is the ything I can think of, an extremely defensive backgrow slash slock. So I honestly believe that the Billy wants to hold them as long as we can. And that's why I think that Grant's going to go onto the bench, hold them as long as we can, and then after twenty minutes, when the sting's gone, the stings out of it, then we bring up. Then we bring when we've been grand on, then we bring Nani on to hit the edge because we know that Nano makes breaks all the time. That's what I can, That's what I can. Anything I can think of, because like I said, I would have thought fire with fire, I would have brought Pausburgh back in.
Speaker 5: I would have put.
Speaker 1: Some crazy hooker on so you can cause absolute mayhem and craziness. They can break the game out. You've got to. You know what, if new so f I'll start rolling again, winning the ruck rolling because it was the first game. It was a John Chris game plan.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? Can I tell you something? And I've got a question asked before before we finished and started interrupted George. But when I look at this Queensland team, no one scares me exactly. I mean, Tino has got mongrel in him. But I just don't see. I don't see that that. You know, in the past, you've always had those scary forwards. I don't know. No one scares me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're they're all hard workers, which I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man, I think it's pretty strong.
Speaker 2: I mean Corey there on the bench, the twentieth man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you might, you might, you might be on the day, Okay, maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: So the question when I asked before we flip over and did you have.
Speaker 4: Something just the last way, I know you want to touch az Ramn right, But putting putting as Raman as eighteenth man ahead of DC, you think.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean for me, I mean look for me, for mine. The guy's back playing, so he's eligible, he's available for selection. Get on with it, you know, like everyone's up and down. Like I'm sick of hearing about it. To be honest, he's an ex factor. He's an X factor.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that that Quins and nen't got other X factors? I don't know, like I would have put maybe I think that's grave or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. My question was going to be my question. My question was going to be before we go over to the Blues, do you guys see any weaknesses on the Queensland bench?
Speaker 4: On the bench, yeah, all, it's pretty solid.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty solid bench. It's a very good I probably would have had Charigans starting personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and Lira and then what that change might happen and Lera comes into into twenty three minutes to hold the middle as all. Carrigan could be there for impact off the bench because he's an impact player. He's a dynamic, very mobile among this human beings. So maybe maybe I don't know. There's there's obviously a plan.
Speaker 4: The plane is. I'll tell you what the plan is. Right, who's on the news? The old bench? Spencerland news, So they got why are we going to tire out of big guys when Spencer comes on? When we can put them on fresh when Spencer comes off the smash?
Speaker 2: Possibly? Possibly you know what I mean, they're not.
Speaker 4: Going to start with Spencer, so what are you going to start with a big guy.
Speaker 2: Going over to the Blues. Now there's actually two outs. Campbell Graham who's on the extended bench. He's out as well. It's Mitch Barnett who's something wrong, whose season is over. So Dylan, it's The team is basically the same, with the exception of the Mitch Barnett change. So Dylan Edwards is the fullback, Brian Toto and actually Brian Toto and Zach La Max of the wingers. Toto has a hamstring issue. He's expected to play. But Jacob carraz was brought into the squad today. Yeah, but he's expected to play. But with a hamstring, you know he could do something in training or whatever. So young Jacob, could you know he could be a walk up start? Who knows? But Tito's names, Crichton and Mitchell in the centers. Moses and Cleary are the halves. Forwards, Max King, what a game you had on Sunday, Rees Robson, Hooker, Payne Harset prop in the back round. You got Lea man Angus Crichton with Isaiaho who's the captain at Locke. Dude, that's a strong, strong looking team. And on the bench you got Connor Watson, Spencer, Lenny Hudson, Young and stefano U Toykomanu who whose som is saying may actually start. I don't think you will. What do you guys think about Matt Burton is downeah? Man?
Speaker 1: You know what again, besides besides, it's a really good team. It's really really well balanced. It's just a very good team. And they get they're going to get better with the second time they're playing together, or you can say the third time that must have worked together last year. They're just gonna get better. And this is what worries me about about Queensland. I mean they should in theory, they should get better. If paining Husse does pain huss type of things, my godfather, look like, there's not too much more I can say about this. We saw what they and you know what, once it's all gone and the heats over and and you know the bashing's done, they bring on Hunts and Young.
Speaker 2: Here we go again.
Speaker 5: Bash you, I mean, what do you do? And then just what off the French coast?
Speaker 1: Spencer lend you After twenty five minutes it's my this team just keeps on rolling role.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm trying to say, Nicota.
Speaker 1: If they don't stop that role, that continuous role, they're in deep trouble.
Speaker 2: To stop that role is what gives that role on is what gives the house the time that they have to do what they do because as you know, especially the six does a hell of a lot of defending when when you don't have the ball right. So again, when I look at this team, when I think about Clear and Moses and both of their kicking games, if they do decide to alter the game plan a little bit and share the kicking a little bit more, Queensland won't know what hit them. That's what I mean, because the kicking was predicted like it was all Cleary in game one for the most part. And don't forget you've got Rece Robson who is a good, good short kicker as well out of Dummie half. So if they just I think if they just mix it up a little bit and just make it a little unpredictable, Queensland will be training to defend a certain way. And I think New South Wales you've got two first choice halfbacks there. You know who can really who can really make the kicking the last tackle options, unpredictable bombing, kicking to the corners, grubbing. I mean, there's so much talent there. It hasn't been tapped it. I don't think you know it's possible. But this game is set up for an ambush, isn't it? You know what?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: It's like every game that I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 5: We say this and we think one thing. But how many times have we falling into the same.
Speaker 1: Many times in our lives and we waken up on the Thursday morning and I'm hating the world.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: I'm avoiding nineties. Yeah, I'm avoiding Ivy's phone call. It's not I don't know. Look in theory, that's what should happen, but he never does.
Speaker 2: I promised Tanya, and yeah, she's not here to defend herself, so I can. I can go for it. I promised her. I'll get my new South Wales Jersey drive clean before she wears.
Speaker 4: Honestly, looking at this team, I think the only team that can be honestly complacency or anything like that. It's a good team. It's very very good team.
Speaker 2: Well we spoke about Slater. Can we touch on because there's not much that's come from. No one's really talking about Lorry Daily, right, this team kind of peaches himself in a way. But what's Daily done differently what he had? He had his first spell, he had a few years off. What what's different? What's different this time around? Is anything different? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look, well yeah the cattle number one.
Speaker 2: I think I think as good as Edwards is, I still think is unlucky to miss out as well. Yeah, but that's a good problem to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either rule, But I think I think he learned from his first tint stint and he's letting letting them breathe and letting them be and not doing too much to him. And look at the names on paper. You don't have to do too much to him. Don't forget right next to him. He's a guy from down south. I mean, yeah, yeah, and make that mistake if you revisit and you have Nicola the game.
Speaker 2: He's sitting behind him to the road.
Speaker 4: Mind me that the.
Speaker 1: Actual game plan, very Craig Bella, and tell you what it was more, it was more wrestling done from your sofis I was expecting. I was expecting the nature boy Rick Flirer stand up at one minute.
Speaker 2: Forget that's that's like having a Polo Creed in Rockies Corner never succeeded as the coach himself.
Speaker 4: True, true, and Beam is coaching against lad one of his son. Yeah, you know what I saw different? I saw a new South Wales saying that was so far more physical than any other time I've seen. But I've never seen Queensland backtrack and buckle as much. That's what I saw different. I just saw this new team fearing Coinsland for the first time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's one thing that's going to happen. They're not going to backtrack now. Could just physically make them backtrack because the guests were stage after about thirty forty minutes. That inside of you, your soul, you know, you know you can't hold them. When when pain Husk comes and does what he does, then remember the tackle after paying Huss when the lines he shock is the issue, or even worse now, when the pain Husk comes out is a decoy. He drags two to three players in because they think they're going to get it. Then bang outside Mitchell go.
Speaker 4: So so you saying Huss has been more used more effectively, and then he's ever been used in the origin game. He might have, he did, there was his best Origin game, and that could be bred at the Bellamy to sorry sedately daily charge of the defense. Maybe.
Speaker 1: So so if he if he has twenty hit ups, which is probably probably no, it's probably got more than twenty hit ups, okay, and he has you know, twelve decoy runs. Those four decoy runs will probably cause the line more angst than the twenty hit ups. Yeah, because the line shrinks, the line stops shrinks, and and and they come in a little bit. And the minute that come in, you've got the polity of halves of of Mitch and and you're in deep deep pooper straight away.
Speaker 2: If they dominate, If they it's the forwards dominate, that that halves combination is scary.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, very one of the would you say, the best halves combination we've had?
Speaker 2: I think potentially, I mean, I mean it could be, It really could be. But yeah, because you know, again again Moses played all of his early career at the Tigers at Seek, so it's no stranger to it, you know, And they seem to compliment each other real well. And I read I read an article just today about Nathan Cleary is saying that they're enjoying training together and picking each other's brains and if they you know it, you'll see what they're made of. If Queensland are dominating, because that's when you see, you know, when they're doing a lot of defending, they're they're kicking from deep in their own territory. It's when you're on the back foot, you know, you find out, you find out what company you're in when you're in trouble. Right, But as long as you so far as a winning the arm wrestle, those two can have a field day with the boot. There's the two best kickers in the game.
Speaker 1: And in saying that, if they and runners too, Yeah, especially Nathan, I'm sorry, especially Mitch probably the best running half in the game. You know what, and if you are, if queens is dominating, the good thing is when I look at this fall pack, you've got the ammunition. You got the ammunition to stop. If I was half, don't know exactly what I'll do. Half, I'll be screaming at our ma to you know, I mean to to sort it out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I think for me you know where I see real dominance from the Blues. Seriously to Crichton, Mitchell Lomax, that is a pretty that when those guys are in the mood, especially when those guys are in the mood, absolutely wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and and not only that, how easy they got out of dirty ball and how how easy they're going to get out of dirty ball because because you know what, Brian Tohal does things that other wingers don't do. Dylan Edwards on one leg, does things still the other fullbacks don't do. Even even if he is the second best fullback.
Speaker 2: In He's still safe as the bank, isn't he And.
Speaker 5: Like I said, he does things that Teddy doesn't.
Speaker 2: It just looks a bit warter on to me. It's got a bit of mileage on.
Speaker 1: So so imagine if Teddy was there, Yeah he does so he doesn't, So okay, So when you pick a fullback and Teddy can do it, it's about getting out of dirty ball forget about not as good as okay, But what what thing does better is in play when he sweeps.
Speaker 5: That is much better in at tag form.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking based on this pack and the assumption that they are you know are going to roll. Imagine having Pappenhausen back there. Yeah, imagine the attacking threat. Imagine having clearing Moses and Pappenhouse and following the ball carriers, you know what I mean? Like scary just.
Speaker 5: About having Caitlin sweeping in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rumored. By the way, apparently Callen is not going to be a Newcastle this year, so interesting keeping on. Yeah, that's what I read today, So that'll be I don't know.
Speaker 4: Afford three fifty.
Speaker 2: They've already got four five eights. I don't know if they can get another one or you need to play them at full back? What about the new Stars bench? I mean I don't see a weakness there at all.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't be surprised if Stefano starts and and when len You came on, why did they to not kick to him? That's what everyone was waiting for. What's the go there?
Speaker 4: I don't know, But with the Stefan I just quickly I was surprised. Colomba tongue. I think he's been playing outstanding, so yeah, who would you rather?
Speaker 2: He would have actually would have picked Klaimba tongue, especially especially in his recent form he's there. He's in the nineteen jumper. But I think with the finally get obvious sized youth. But the way Klamba Toung, he's last couple of I'd have him there. I'd have him there. He's been enormous. He's been enormous.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: He's so good.
Speaker 4: But you know what you're not going to get. You're not going to leed you down. Yeah, yeah, was Sunday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah they should.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a bolt, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It deserves it.
Speaker 5: He's a bit like the Cannabury Front roller Max King.
Speaker 1: He's one of those hard guys just work hard, put your head down and work hard and works for the team and and I like those type of players.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, just quickly we know we've got the Nathan Cleary and Moses Halves combination, which is really during the Queensland nominance, did they have a set of arms that was there for the whole dynasty? Was it Thurston and Kronk? Okay, so these guys hopefully that Moses and before that wasn't a Kronk and liking. I don't know, but hopefully Moses and Cleary can start at Dynasty and be there for about five.
Speaker 2: Years and quadroon la.
Speaker 4: Forget that, we're not missing They're the best. You can't replace them with anyone.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know what.
Speaker 1: Not that they didn't have a good game. Bath of them had very good games. Imagine when they have a good games. Yeah, both of them together have a good game, and it could be it could be Wednesday coming.
Speaker 5: I thought that was pretty good. Both so good but good game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what it looked like, you look like the first time out together, you know, exactly to each other.
Speaker 2: What was what was interesting was the goal kicking. I don't know. I still maintained I reckon someoney coins. They changed the.
Speaker 4: Gave the balloons.
Speaker 5: Is that going to kick?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean most have three three great goal kickers there.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 1: Oh you said I was thirteen plus, but you know how many times I've said that. And Thursday morning I'm waking up behaving myself.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I'm going to New South Wales. But I wouldn't be surprised if looking at the spots South Wales.
Speaker 2: I'm confidently, confidently going New South Wales. And ten years obviously in Queensland.
Speaker 4: What what's your thoughts If Queensland just they lose whitewash three nil, is Billy in trouble?
Speaker 2: No? I think he's going another year, another year. Okay.
Speaker 4: I think he's designed for another year.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, isn't sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, boys, Let's move into the round. That was Round fourteen kicked off last Thursday night with the Knights getting home twenty six points to twenty two over the Manly Seagulls, a comeback of sorts. We were they sixteen nail down.
Speaker 4: I I'm trying to find there were sixteen nil at halftime? You're right, man, mainly looked like they had it in control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Newcastle literal we won it in the dying minutes and then they scored a train extra time.
Speaker 4: You know that's a game of two halves, yeah it yeah, yeah. It was sixteen mill at half time and.
Speaker 2: Then and one of the halves got dropped from coins there.
Speaker 4: Couldn't heator and then he got the sixteen all in the sixty first minute and then Tommy Tallow scored to make it twenty two and then Newcastle Fletcher, what's what's with the Newcastle on the name Fletcher. Do they name all their kids Fletcher, Fletcher, Sharp, Fletcher, Gray, whatever, Flecher, Fletcher Hunt killing it? Then interesting, Yeah, game of two halves.
Speaker 1: Newcastle for the first half looked absolutely terrible, that old yeah, old ball.
Speaker 4: And guess what.
Speaker 1: Mainly wasn't any better? They weren't any better. But guess what Newcastle was so bad? Mainly looked like a million dollars. Uh.
Speaker 5: And I'll get it.
Speaker 1: I'll getting them well, getting them everywhere. I'll getting them through the edges. They're getting them through the middle. Newcastle was generally bad and and and they went into halftime and I don't know what was said. You know, did did did they talk amongst themselves and said enough so enough? Did the coach say something inspirational? Look, I don't know, I don't know, but something happened because when they came out they were a different, absolutely different team.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Like I said, mainly didn't wasn't really playing too well. But players like HOPOWARTI, which is gonna be the best Hopowardi I was absolutely killing them, Willing Moore and Jazz through the middle, absolutely destroying them. Then all of a sudden, I don't know what happened. Newcastle were physical, they were going through the line. They started picking on Paul luke Brooks that they found the revolving door, the pork kid.
Speaker 5: They kept on going to the world.
Speaker 1: Luke Brooks, Luke Brooks missing left, missing tackles, the poor kid left, right and center culp his poor found his moving moving buddy just straight through him every time and pop in h then then pops up, then pops up our favorite Ponger with his He came into the front line and started playing ball and looks sensational.
Speaker 4: I guess what.
Speaker 5: We went to golden point from alls at halftime.
Speaker 1: Sixteen sixteen all of a sudden twenty two all where golden point?
Speaker 5: Where golden point? And I'm thinking, what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: What just happened? From an absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: Watch, that's the first half you should show to our prison inmates to really punish him, punish them to something half sort of decent. Is is ish okay? Then Ponger comes to the big play and scores scores a try.
Speaker 5: I reckon. Both teams are still terrible. I still reckon both terms.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a great performance.
Speaker 5: Was it wasn't a game that hit great, great heights and.
Speaker 4: What can I say?
Speaker 1: Mainly mainly stop better start pulling their socks up because the years slowly starting starting to sleep away from them because they should be doing better. I think that, yeah, that is that just the yeah, okay, sorry, we just had some technical difference, Nicol, but we still got you on the still got you on zoom. The I think mainly's forwards Lexpid. It's just not there. I think they're they're I don't know if they're older, but they're just a little bit slow. They didn't get they didn't get all the Kawatu involved at all. Ben Travoyevich was just a revolving door as well. They've got some soul searching to do. Newcastle. Let's hope that this is the new Newcastle and they're going to power on power on the way the way they did for twenty minutes, because it was only twenty minutes. Really in the second half, it wasn't the full full forty because they actually looked half half decent. Paul is leaving them, but col piece Paul I saw. I saw the cold piece Paul and I saw in England when I first went well, so I start talking about him.
Speaker 5: That were good, that we was good. What can I say?
Speaker 4: They were good the second half they were first half forget it, sham were still ship but mainly like what pack and manly but you know who they bet last week? They lost the week before that a big winning out the week before Ya. Mainly they've been a good side in the list. I think they've beat Broncos, didn't.
Speaker 2: They They've been the Broncos thirty four to six.
Speaker 4: Exactly, So they were mainly they smashed the Broncos and then everyone thought this is I think everyone said mainly I don't know anyone that.
Speaker 5: She texted me, Yeah, told you what?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 4: But man, that's that's that's many this year they'll have a great winning and I'll follow with a disappointing loss.
Speaker 5: So yeah, look, I don't know. I'd like to know.
Speaker 1: And can I talk about the presser and we all know about this. I want to talk about O'Brien. Now, maybe it was caught off guard, but if it's any fan base that deserves respect.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the apologized.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's a bad thing or it was a bad thing at the time, but if it's any fan base that I would protect. You know, rain hal shine, it could be forty degrees, they could be coming last with one victory all year.
Speaker 4: They're there.
Speaker 1: It's probably beside Brisbane, it's probably the only fan base that does so. And you apologize, full credit to him, but I'll tell you what if if they want to boo, because let's get real, Newcastle deserve to be booed, just let them boo and say sorry, you know, we will perform better next week, because.
Speaker 2: I think the fans were indicated, Beau. Look what happened in the second half.
Speaker 5: Yeah again, Yeah, keep doing it, guys. I'm there, I'm there, I'm there. But I just found it.
Speaker 1: I just found it funny because, like I said, any fan, but any fan base in the league I can I can wear because I mean, if we lose four games, you know, that's sixty thousand people will probably get down to ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, newcast teams.
Speaker 1: Newcastle just doesn't matter, rain, hail shine, coming last, they just they just go. So they're probably the Brisbane probably the two best fan bases in the country.
Speaker 2: The points for this one already.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, the points for this one is, let's have a quick look. Sorry about that. The three points went to Fletcher Sharp. He's having a great year ol Kawatu for Manly. He was doing some damaging damage in the first half. He got the two and Greg Marju made close to three hundred meters so he was punching your holes through. So he got the one point at the end of the stuff.
Speaker 1: I just Fletcher shop, very very very good performance, a very very very good player.
Speaker 2: Not a half.
Speaker 1: Put him at fullback, not a half. He's not a not a half. And you know what they say, they're gonna play. They're gonna Mary Fletcher and Brown up work.
Speaker 2: You never know, you never know, big big score ones this week play.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was so on Friday of the Storm thirty eight to fourteen over the Cowboys, so down in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well Melbourne came out of the blocks at halftime it was eighteen to four looking pretty dominant. Cowboys somehow came back into it. It was twenty four to fourteen at one stage, but then at the end the Storm ran away with it. But it wasn't a polished performance by the Storm. They're very patchy performances there. They're never usually patchy, they're usually consistent. But yeah, I can see a few little patches there, but it's complacency. I don't know. But they're not the same storm as other years, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Not the state, not the same storm as others. Colla and I don't think this is about the storm still not playing well, that's okay, Nelson, maybe we'll come back. He Nelson, You know what he started and he needed to run.
Speaker 4: So I liked it.
Speaker 1: And at some stages he looked absolutely devastated. In other stages he got it. He got a bit tight and it didn't look still eight points. That's what I mean exactly, storm storm. You know, you know when you're you know you're you've got a good team. When you don't play well and you stormin nicol And I say that all when when you when you play well, Yeah, we know.
Speaker 5: That's what the That's what they did tell you.
Speaker 1: What if you're a if you're a Cowboys supporter, you'd lose your hair, you'd be an alcoholic. Because they like they like running with the ball, NiCoT, they like passing the ball. They don't like tackling much. I think they left their shoulders on the plane. They just left their shoulders on the plane because they're not a fan of tackling. They had more ball, they had more ball in their good their good ball area, and they still couldn't score a try. Every time the Storm got down to the their good ball or North Queensland's bad ball, they would score every time. I mean, Scott drink Water Water scored an amazing try. He also letting three others.
Speaker 2: You know, so what do you do?
Speaker 1: The The only guy who can really hold his head up is probably per Due, and Tommy did and and the rest were really really lacking, lacking something again, even even their coach, even the coach said that it just wasn't good and good enough and he wasn't good enough. Thirty eight thirty eight fourteen, probably flat as probably flatter as the cowboys.
Speaker 4: But when they're good, they're very good. When they horrid, they're horrible.
Speaker 1: And the Storm, look, John Christ was going off in the box and going off at him and I understand why, but this is what they did there.
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently Todd Peyton Spray was off the charts at half time.
Speaker 5: Top and you know what they deserved it, They deserved it.
Speaker 1: The report, you know, halftime report, you know they say, you know, we need to kick out the young reporters.
Speaker 5: The other thing, they just said that what's the coach's name again? Peyton said he's not very happy was the report half to report? Yeah, what can I say?
Speaker 1: There's not much to say about this game. You didn't reach any great heights. Didn't reach any great heights.
Speaker 4: Uh, one of the best backgrounds I think going around at least Katawa for the storm he got the three points, Jerome Hughes got the two, and Drinking got the one point for the Cows. He was trying hard in attack, but he was trying, he was trying.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all of them good stuff. The second Friday game, talk about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, this is this is the outstanding.
Speaker 2: We've all been there. Next, we've all been there. Dolphins fifty six Draion six up at some court. No boy, it was Yeah, it was all one way traffic.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it good for my dream team because I've got a SKA. But look, Dolphins. I tip Dolphins to win. They are very underestimated. I think they are a better team than people think. They were very unlucky start of the year with a hurricane or whatever it was, the cyclones, But on paper, it's a very very good squad, their back lines sensational, Boss Stock, your Man, Boss Hog and farm Worth and they're all playing fantastic. Sarco is playing well with the hammer. This is a time to watch. You gotta you've got to play them to beat them. You can't just turn up up against his team. They'll smash if you don't. The best young half around, he is unbelievable. Yes, yes, he's just wells and yeah, and you know what, I'm dying to see. I am dying to see them on the back foot. I think with his style he can play off the back foot. I've ever seen one half back do it in my life. One half back play off.
Speaker 1: The back foot. That's a long time ago. So you know what, I've got this gut feeling he can play off the back foot. But right at this moment, yeah, he's pretty close to the best half back without the experience. Yeah, the other two have got experienced the law. The better halfback we've got, Yeah, we've got.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: As for Saint George, being a fan is the most disgusting performance I've ever seen. They're an awful team. I'm not a fan of the of the heart, of the of the centers. To be honest, surely he's made one line break the whole season. He's tackling. His defense might be okay, but I haven't seen nothing in attack from that guy. We had smaller guys like Mark Coin and all these guys making more breaks than that this guy does. The guy is huge, surely should be making so many more breaks, but he doesn't. But it's not all soull his fault. It's the whole team's fault. That was all terrible Flannagan picking the money Man who had hamstrings injuries and lasting five minutes and then having to put cook it at the wind, that's just Flanning. That was That was very poor coaching from Flannagain, very we do. We had Sloan, we had the other kid, Fenu fin now, but gamestring injury.
Speaker 2: Cook experiment in the center has happened in Origin.
Speaker 4: Then and trust me, Nicola, it didn't work on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: But he's exposed. He's exposed.
Speaker 4: Money man's got hamstring injuries, like White playing make sure he's one hundred percent fit. Obviously the last ten minutes he wasn't so. And fel Hams is having a pretty ordinary, to be honest, and pretty ordinary season he's making a lot of mistakes. I'm surprised he got picked for coins and to be honest on his form. But yeah, disappointing for the Dragons, our first flogging, really because we've been pretty close in all the other games. But this was terrible, long year for the Dragons. We're going to fight this spooning again.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. But look, I'm not sure if they were ready or I don't think. I'm not sure if I were prepared for the game. But there was some disappointing performances on the Dragon side. They really picked on Carl, Flannag and Nicola. I actually shore sorry for Carl, just sorry, just spotted him up every time and ran massive forwards to him. I actually felt for Car this time. I actually fell for him. How they how they will working him over? They haven't worked over homes and and and I'm saying more positive things about the Fins than Saint George. They just crumbled through the pressure. Through the pressure. They just crumbled. I'm not gonna talk about St. George because they're up and down and there's some issues there. There are working in their work in progress that you need some kids.
Speaker 4: To come through.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, Laurie's got to go. I've got to go.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're getting too much out of too much out of Luciano Lazy, even even Mariner's. Yeah, I've got a question over the pack. But let's let's forget that. And Cookie. I think he probably pulled the wrong rain when he bought Cookie. I get, I get, I get has been good tries every week. But little little three signed today that I thought that you were going to lose a little Yeah, but thank god, thank god. Look, just push more of the kids up and just wait. That's the waiting game.
Speaker 5: The Fins.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it was right when the year started. I was actually worried about the Fins.
Speaker 4: I mean, they couldn't have been trained on their ground.
Speaker 1: They couldn't trained like the coach after super coach always has issues. They looked like they had no leg speed in the middle. That didn't look physical. This is a team that you can see that's being coached so well, yeah.
Speaker 5: Wolfe, yes, so well, he's such a good coach. And let me explain to you. We've seen that I call it the youngster ball.
Speaker 1: How surroundos are sort of not change the game, but he's playing a different style.
Speaker 5: So is a paramount.
Speaker 4: So is Jason.
Speaker 1: Jason started to play a sort of different sort of form. You know, I mean he liked he likes a bit of power, but he likes spreading the border. Go forward and the youngsters are playing a different as the game evolves, and so so is Manly. He the professor is trying to play a sort of a hybrid game of like that, the Finns coach has developed a brand new style, a completely different style of play. Abously, a completely different style. Why because you've got someone called Katoa. When you've got someone called Katoa, you can do whatever you can. Really, you can rearrange the deck chairs on anything. It works because you you've got him, big physical. The pack just rolls. When the minute that Katoa goes forward into the line, props goes again. It changes the pace of the tackle that it collapses. The defense goes out the back all of a sudden. Not only they're on the outside shoulders, the line short enough every time the line has to scramble.
Speaker 5: How how does he do it? He's twenty one years old.
Speaker 1: It takes It takes all the other halfbacks and even even Nathan does it with a system around him. There's no system here. It's it's a very simple system. They're all just running straight. It's it's, it's it's truly, truly, truly, truly an amazing team. They've got some injuries now, but this team will make the eighth and and and they're they're very good.
Speaker 4: He's a very good coach. Nick Arema's been a good fold to him.
Speaker 1: Nick Aremas loving being outside of No No No when he played so well, Nick Arenas loving being outside of Katawa Star. And not only that, the forwards are running running off, running off him, and Katawa is taking the heat off them because because they're all the defenses is focused on Katawa. Because he goes even so deep into the line, like JT deep into the line, the plays in the line is semi collapse the line. It's it's something. I really enjoy watching him play. I really enjoy watching him play. And he keeps on getting better, and every week he keeps on g better and better. And I don't have the seling for this kid. I really don't have the ceiling for him. Okay Osaka, you called it. Continue to have a great game. You know what Jacob. Really, he's a fucking good player.
Speaker 5: Didn't need him, didn't want him. He's okay, you know Herbie Farm's work.
Speaker 4: He's the best.
Speaker 1: Ak without him, now, okay, Herby Herby Farmer's work. The shame his English because let me tell you, he's probably the best center of the game.
Speaker 5: He's the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe not the best defensive center in the game, but he's the best center in the in the game. You know what, Boss, one of Nicola's favorite or guess what I'm on board, was really good and his pack and unfortunately they've they've come down with some injuries now, but this pack is such a hard working pack. Marshall King is a big inclusion because he takes he he takes heat of Katawa, so they've they've slipped off Katawa into King. Then he passes the Katawa so he's broken down at the A and bit of the B. He's going uh B c's and all of a sudden the line is shortened. It's it's beautiful to watch. I havep it continues on the Max Plath love it. I don't know what he's on the Queensland team. If you want, if you want aggression, Max plat I love him. I love this game. You know what the fifty six points any if you played the same you would no one's off the six points against you. But they just grind you out of the game. They just keep the relentles, relentless, relentless. They get you into a corner. You have to come out relents relentless, even CONFUSI his it looks like a twenty year old, and he was a twenty year old. Okay, I'm going to stop because I just I wanted to come because I'm really loving Humana.
Speaker 5: I love him. All be the points.
Speaker 4: You know what depressed me? Want to watch dolphins? No, not like you watch bos Stock and then you watch Tamorlaw and then you watch Lomax and you think George could have had a Center's Bosstomax Tomalae. Instead we got Sloan Souley and and what's the name and Revla who's the bloody Scouts? And George whoever he is, he's bloody hopeless. But Herbie Farmer's got the three points, Jack boss Stock of the two see it is Mike, and.
Speaker 2: Here you got the one good stuff. The next game was a little surprising. The Sharks at home, went down forty points ten against the Warriors. I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 4: You're the only one who said he tipped, well, tip the Warriors, did you know? Yeah, an idiot, but the same Yeah, because I'm playing in the prison, so you think the Sharks are gonna win but the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, Nick?
Speaker 2: Who was speaking more? Expected more?
Speaker 4: Exactly what's happening with the Sharks? What is happening with the Sharks?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: I mean the Warriors. How do the Warriors?
Speaker 4: They were fantastic and at half time it was twelve ten, so the Warriors put a clinic on him. In the second half they scored thirty odd points.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of these games were close at halftime.
Speaker 4: Except for the except for one anyway, but Fisher Harris had an outstanding game. Right and missing Mitch Barnett. Now, what's happened? Did you see that? There was a meme that was going around Facebook and it was Adam for nor Black looking for a release on compassionate grounds to return to the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Did that last year?
Speaker 4: It was the meme going round because the fish is killing right? It was a g Yeah, but yeah, they played really well. Chanel Harris Metcalf, Kronola Junior. But how Knola Junior, he's playing fantastic. Yeah, they looked terrible all of a sudden in ten weeks it was lost two games. Faith it was only the Bakers came where they were flocked. They looked were terrible and I think they to Canberra and I think they've lost some big teams like they haven't. They've been unlucky. They've been really good side the works and one of the hardest seems to break down apparently. But credit to Webster who he continues to keep on giving us.
Speaker 2: Some And I'm going to say full disclosure, I didn't see any of the Saturday games because I was at I was at a fiftieth up a terrible over the weekend. Yeah, so I didn't see any of the games. And shout out to Robbo who was teaching me how to play darts at about two o'clock in the morning. It was about twelve hours after we started drinking, and one of my darts went over the fence, so that would have been interesting for the next time. Defense was nowhere needed upward. But that's so Yeah, I'm relying on you guys telling what happened.
Speaker 4: I've got I've got a new men brush. I want you to pay attention to this one player every time you watch the Worries. His name's le Nick watched this guy. He is an absolute machine.
Speaker 5: I love this guy.
Speaker 4: Just keep an eye on him.
Speaker 2: Hea.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a young man the future. He's a young man, and the Fish has taken him under his wing. And whatever the fish does, he does twice as much.
Speaker 2: He's young.
Speaker 1: Actually, I heard Webster who talk and Webster who said that the fish like like Pretter Canoby. He's absolutely changed the whole culture at the club. The young forwards apparently are in awe of him. And when Fish said there's jump, they all jump. Wow, they all jump. And the senior players are even even a gidiot. The senior players are even getting inspired by him. That's that's and and you wonder sometimes how did pen win four rings when you had so many leaders in the team. Yeah, and you can see when they leave, when they leave clubs. But this particular game, you said it close close to the first half, and I thought we're in for a good game here.
Speaker 4: Cornelo.
Speaker 1: Ill doing their best. I was trying to hang into the hang in the game. But when the second game, the second half came, Nicole. And now let me tell you this, This Warriors team is a very well coached team, a very very well crouched team. They're the new soul Takers because they dismantle you slowly, just slowly.
Speaker 4: They dismantled you with precision, slowly, slowly they kick.
Speaker 1: They kick in the corners. Then the second tackle, the tackle two they absolutely ram. Okay, they just keep on coming in waves. Then you've got to kick out. Guess what, you don't kick out too far because you're kicking into your in your twenty Okay. Then then comes the fish. Now they bought for no Blake as the big tough man. Who's going who's going to win them a competition? Well, I guess what. There's a guy on the other side called James Fisher Harris who absolutely baffed him. I haven't seen uh a four front a front row jewel like this, and I haven't seen a guy like Fisher Harris dominate another front row at phenoal Blake Blake not saying he got scared. Let me tell you who was looking for fish in the line, absolutely baffing And guess what the youngsters. The youngsters just jump on board. We talked about Metcalfe and and Chanel Harris, uh there ten weeks ago. They look like Reggie players. How how they look one's one's leading to Delian and the and the other one is doing his kicks and and and and just complimenting. Metcalf is beyond me. Roger looks like Roger with a rooster on him. Yeah, doesn't he He's he's great.
Speaker 4: And guess I guess.
Speaker 1: Nickel Nickel klo Nickel Klotstad And I'm talking about coming out of coming out of dirty ball. He runs for three hundred meters hundred and every week and every week. When you've got when you got Dylan Dylan, Rick James, and you've got Nicol Klaus that coming out of dirty ball, and then you give it to your forwards or even Roger, you're on the front foot straight away. This is this is a dangerous team. They're in a window. They're a well coached team. That defense is amazing. Caranola got problems. Ranola, there's Fitz has got to make some hard decisions now because they're forwards look pedestrian. The forwards look like they were running away from the challenge. If they think they can move the ball sideways to go forwards, well, guess what. Maybe Canary can do it, maybe Paramatic can do it. But guess what, they can't do it because they're running away from from the real issue, which is in the middle. Bitsy do something. It's funny because Brandon Trindle got the big the big money last year because they thought he was the one, and and he hasn't showed himself all year. He's running and hiding. I'm again feeling for Nick because for a month he was looking the goods and he was running and hiding again on on Saturday and this forward pack, Nicola was missing. We talked about for no Blake. They've got some they've got's got some some big questions to answer, Nicole.
Speaker 2: And and.
Speaker 1: He's got a can't play as simple he's got he's got he's got to shake it up. He's got to shake it up. He's got to do something to get him on the track. Because I thought they're in the window there, they're in no window.
Speaker 4: They're in no window. And and and we call them flat track bullies, that's exactly what they are. But they've got bully on the weekend.
Speaker 1: I love, by the way, I love this game. I love seen physical, physical rugby league.
Speaker 4: And it was so good, so good, three two, one. Look there's one player to look out for. What's dimetric omaga as well?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeh from the worst week another good forward. Okay, three points went to the Fish, absolutely outstanding. Chanel Harris Tavita got the two and Luke metcalf for the one.
Speaker 2: How good Tea being here?
Speaker 4: Fantastic A later.
Speaker 1: Order game for Actually, yeah, but the fish was oh fish was fish fine of bearing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fisher Harris just fine of bearing. And I tried to take the whole crl and pack on by himself. His eyes turn turn around.
Speaker 4: And because but wasn't there, he sort of took it upon.
Speaker 5: Absolutely he's crazy.
Speaker 2: Rounding off the Saturday night was the Broncos back at sond Corp Stadium, twenty four hours after the Dolphins forty four points to fourteen over the hapless Titans. Daisy under pressure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got to be.
Speaker 2: What's going on there?
Speaker 5: I don't know, But you know what, you can't sort it out. I don't know what coach can.
Speaker 2: So in Brisbane after four in the trot they had to rebound.
Speaker 4: They had to read, oh, looks on thet you want to go first. Yeah, look at Brisbane as well, they had to rebound, but they did another camp what they did the can in the first half. They scored twenty eight points in the first half, nearly thirty points. It's fantastic performance. But McGuire, this is the first time he said Ruce Walsh man Reynolds on the field. It was Reynolds three the game two as well. They forget a special game for Reynolds, but it was the first time he was able to run out his best point. Look at Hooker would probably complement that in the end, but in a match having the arsenal there to finally implement what he's got, it showed what they can do. Will they do it again next week, we don't know, but hopefully they will. They're a dangerous team. Titans terrible, Wooden spins looking very good. Desi got to be under the pump. It's a shame he's got to be under the pump. But I'm dying to talking about Desi and his Titans in the second but I gotta talk about the Bronx. Welcome, Welcome, Broncos. We've been waiting for this, The whole rugby league world has been waiting.
Speaker 1: For this, or yeah, welcome to the to the comp Even even when I was watching Super League, they mentioned the Broncos and how how, yeah, how well they went uh from the first take on Nicola, they came out and they meant business, the running, the running, so every time they grabbed the ball they wanted to hurt somebody with ball in hand. It was beautiful to watch, absolutely beautiful to watch catainy stags.
Speaker 4: Where is this?
Speaker 5: Where was this? Forms a wrecking ball? He was a wrecking ball.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about rees. Reese's energy is infectious.
Speaker 1: He goes through the whole team, case, through the whole team, and inspired move by the coach moving Carrigan into Locke so that means he's next to Man a little bit wider. So they had Man had what's his name Carrigan on one side and Walsh on the other side, either next to him or sweet sweeping. It was inspired, It was dangerous and the Chinese guy or the Japanese Shivasaki got all the benefits from that.
Speaker 5: But what I liked about it their intent.
Speaker 1: They meant business, and I haven't seen a team all year play at that level on maybe the one half against Canterbury, the first half against Canby. Then they dropped off. But this was more than that. They played more than forty minutes here. They played probably sixteen minutes until they knew it was over.
Speaker 5: That was good.
Speaker 4: That were scary good.
Speaker 1: Now, Nicole and if they keep on this, and they should keep I can't see why they shouldn't do this. Ricky was back. Ricky was back in action. I love Ricky, I love Jordan Ricky, and he's been missing in action for for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: But guess what. He wasn't missing in action. He was hitting every holy can paint. Hush my god. He's not human. He's not human. He's not human.
Speaker 1: But you know they say that, you know, they talk about him and Lazarus and they say, if he keeps on playing like this, who he will become like into Lazarus?
Speaker 6: Sort of, I think, guess what, uh uh past Lazarus. Lazarus didn't do what Plain Huse is doing. Lazarus was very good, very very good. But guess what in terms of athleticism can't do it, doesn't do it, has didn't do it.
Speaker 2: He's twenty two completely different style players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what what they what they're talking about comparing to is not the play, but sort of the status of him, what he's.
Speaker 2: Done, premierships at three different clubs.
Speaker 5: Did he did? He did?
Speaker 1: I'll give you, I'll give him that. I'll give him that. I'm just talking about play. I mean, I'm a massive laser I'm a massive laser fan. But paying huss not human, not human. Don't were outstanding, No, Nicola. They were a wrecking machine. They were trying to hurt you with the ball in their hand, which I loved. Now, I don't understand that. I don't know why the culture must be so inbreded in that club, so deeply seated that even Daisy, now we know his track record. I thought the second season he would have this straightened out. But be competitive, because when you see them on paper, Brimston, Kelly Sami, you think, well, they are a fringe.
Speaker 4: Eighteen is Cameel Giller played played. He was been a good signing, hasn't.
Speaker 2: He He was?
Speaker 1: He's been great. Actually, you know what, he's not the problem. He's been He's been Okay. Tina was the only really good player. Tina killed himself. That poor guy. He absolutely killed himself, Nicola and your man crushed. Yeah, there's there's there's problems, and I have no answers. I have no answers to Nicola, and I don't even know. I don't even think that he's got answers. And that's the sad thing. And when you say he's under pressure, he's definitely under pressure. Actually, actually another one from the Broncos. I really enjoyed Corey Jensen's game front rower. So they put Carrigan that lock and he took Carrigan's job. He shouldn't, he shouldn't change the team.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 5: This is the team. This is the team, and let him, let him, let him go. This is this is it.
Speaker 1: This is the one and three hundred games for Reynolds from through all the injuries and all the years. Good on him, Good on him because it's a long way. Is that.
Speaker 4: Quite a few injuries after the Grand Finals South Grandfint and he had a couple of years out, so he'd be up to three fifty if he would.
Speaker 1: Be he would he would be fifty. So that's that's what's trying to say. Through all the injuries and all the all the bits and pieces. He's gone through. Good one.
Speaker 4: Tony Steak's got the three points, pain Hauss gets the tube. Mate. That guy never misses a point from Annoy and Reese Walsh making his return got a point.
Speaker 5: He was pretty good.
Speaker 1: His energy is infectious. I mean, at one stage when they scored a try, you could see he was the first one there jumping on and congratulated, congratulating the I think it was a ship for psarchy and you can see that he just ran through the whole team. And and his acceleration. When Man's got Reese on his on his left because he plays plays left, okay, he knows how to those two are so in sync. He can pull the line and again Israel Man's got this this unique ability to to hips hips sides shoulder square and the defense think. The defenders think is coming straight, but he's actually drifting. And then he goes bang. He's got so much acceleration and he's running in an outline. So he's he's got he's got this talent. He's got a talent here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And I did say the rest of the years. So on Sunday, this was a cracker. The Raiders and the Rabbits thirty six points to twelve. Camber home Rabbits that got out to a twelve year lead. Yeah, one half from Josh Perpali playing his three hundred scored a double. Yeah, round nineteenth, three hundred and eighteenth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he breake the he's the.
Speaker 5: Highest break he breaks, he break toots record.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was there that night. Yeah, that was a lost to New Zealand. Actually two years ago yesterday was it? Yeah, because I saw the Facebook movie You and You two years ago. Monday, I should say.
Speaker 1: Monday You're in conwent down. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that day. It was a cold It was a cold night too.
Speaker 2: It always easy Chamber. But yeah, big performance from the Raiders. I mean, just looking good in the first half. But the Raiders, man, they've got something special this year. And I'm going to put my hands up because at the start of the season I didn't give them a chance. But geez have been good. What do you go for me?
Speaker 4: Ricky is building something very special. They've had no buys yet. They they've gone to Vegas, Cans, Northern Territory, They've gone all over New Zealand, so they've traveled five different countries and states, or whatever it is, so a lot of traveling, played thirteen or fourteen games, no buyers, and they're two points from the top, so what it seemed. But Ricky's building something special here. Ethan Strange was phenomenal. I think he's one who pull them back into the game with a couple of really individual enformances. Fantastic player. Papali hit his three hundred and eighteenth, so the way he kicked the goal at the end like a professional, so smooth. He looks so good. And then they zoomed to Ricky Stewart and no Ja, the guy was crying. You could see Ricky crime in the emotion in the guy. They're playing with full emotion. That's what I love about the Raiders. And at twelve six down, whatever RICKI said to me a halftime, they came out and they did it for Papati. You can just tell they're a same that just play for each other and there's something special, brilliant the Raiders.
Speaker 1: You know what they say, usually a team reflects their coach. Yeah yeah, and this this team definitely reflects their coach. They're they're they're but they're both seas, but they're very easy. They're very they're very, very emotional rugby league team, and I really enjoy watching them because they're they're very physical and because they're emotional like the Warriors. I love watching that type of rugby leage because it reminds me of a of a period back in the eighties where where Caribby and Paramount had along a four year dual sort of thing, you know I mean, and that was exactly the same sort of scenario there on this game. I'm not going to go too much about selves selves.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, George. At the study of the game, everyone had him to come bottom forward. I thought they're not going to do surprising to be in the top eight, don't make. It's amazing they'll make. You've got to give it to them. There's there're at least challenging other teams and not and they're getting the trips back slowly walkers out again. But once they get cam Murray in, I don't think they're going to get him mother.
Speaker 2: They're not going to have him this year.
Speaker 4: That's a shame.
Speaker 1: You know what they didn't They didn't play terrible, They didn't play terrible, just just the camera on a on a different different on a different on a different platform. And and I'm just going to say, I'm going to talk about one thing. We we we've we've waxed lyrical. How good they are. I want to talk about the youngsters and Josh's Josh's two tries. Oh and Paddy had had come on at that stage, and it was near the line, and he's come out and he's isolated Big Papa on a half.
Speaker 5: That's really good. Then the second try. Look at this, How how old is Paddy had?
Speaker 4: Twenty?
Speaker 5: I think we saw twenty one and twenty one.
Speaker 1: He came out, he came he came out. Now the seed defender, okay, he doesn't expect to make a table.
Speaker 5: So his heads on a swivel.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's come out, he's engaged the two a's and b's. Okay, he's looked at he's looked at the he's looked at the seed defender. He's had him, he's had him on a swivel in cement, okay, and he's he's past it to Big Papa last second. But because he was in cement and his head was on a swivel, he just went straight over him. Now it sounds simple when I say it but when you see what he did and how skillful.
Speaker 5: That is, he's a.
Speaker 4: He's probably the second best hooker in the corn something you now, and he hasn't played rugby league, he hasn't played.
Speaker 1: First And you know what's scary? What what Ricky has got underneath? He's fucking scary. He's been buying three years under seventeen, started Origin teams.
Speaker 5: No great idea big good nic. God, they're in a window. There is no window thirty six to twelve.
Speaker 2: Well they had first spot for a while. Yeah, one night, you know, the.
Speaker 5: One more games than the Bulldogs they have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Uh, Ethan's strange. Did you want to talk to anything else now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, that just just that that was That was so cool. I saw that was so cool. He had him, He had him in incinment animous wivel. It was so cool.
Speaker 4: Ethan's strange. He got three points for that one. Josh Papalii got the two points since sotional performance and Calum A Tangi from the Rabbit Oz tried hard or game very well.
Speaker 2: And he got the one very good ranny. At Sunday afternoon at Combak Stadium, Panthers eighteen points to fourteen over the Tigers close one.
Speaker 4: It was three trays each.
Speaker 5: Yeah, entertaining as well, very entertaining game.
Speaker 2: I mean the Panthers, they're just not the Panthers anymore, are they?
Speaker 4: What do you go for me?
Speaker 5: You watch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 4: I watched parts of it. But there was a good little drill between Cleary versus lou Lou. I got him a good one, didn't he. I tried hard. I nearly want it in the end, it wasn't for Dylan Edwards taking those bombs and they was sons and tackle right on the line right at the end. Tigers win that game. So that's how close they came. They were literally millimeters away. I think Buller was millimeters away from scoring right at the death off a kick. But look, Tigers, you've got to give them credit. They stayed in the game. I'll kicking them down as far. I think they was probably the better team.
Speaker 5: That saying the better team probably didn't win this game. Yeah, it was just some some little things.
Speaker 1: Like the sirens and table that was and Dylan Edwards which got him out of trouble. Now, Penriff, look some of the some of the young kids are starting starting slowly to look a bit like a bit like Panthers. I still say that Dylan Edwards is on one leg. I still say that I can't believe he's playing. I would have set him out for the origin. Nathan's is trying to harvele for Panthers. He's trying too hard. He's trying to do everything, and he can't do everything. He tries to put his hand into everything. The youngsters, like McClain again, they're starting they're starting to look a bit, a bit more like Panthers.
Speaker 4: You told me about that Jenkins ARTI mate, the girls were kind of playing. All he wanted to achieve this year was making into the knock on effect and ended up playing first grade piece. He scored a hat trick. But one thing I just want to quickly mention about the Tigers, right, You've got to feel for the Tigers because you've got to think if Lachland Galvin probably was part of that team, they probably beat Penrith and Benji is planning for the future and had had him as his five eight NIX.
Speaker 2: That's four losses and the tu for them too.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, so losing they're the top of games of Tigers really confused. Unfortunately, but you think of it this way, think of it this way. They can't.
Speaker 1: They've had a few wooden spoons this year. They're not going to make the eight, but there'll be ten to eleven. So yeah, really good year. Absolutely, that's a pretty good gem and building.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Panthers, Panthers. Yeah, Thomas Jenkins.
Speaker 5: Jenkins Jenkins uh.
Speaker 1: Leolda is starting to get back to some of his best form. Scott Sorenson. You know what you don't see Scott, but what he does cleans up all those little things. But he just said that he saved match match winning try. Actually, so he he's doing great, yes, and and and he's actually starting to hit some form. He's been battling it in and out trying to hit some form. So you know what, they had to win, had to win, and they won. Now any more than that future in the next couple of weeks, We've got a good friend. He says that they're going to make the eight. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: About one point out of the eighth.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think I'll make the eight, but we'll see what happens. It's it's still wearing me halfway through the season. Jerome Bull Bulla is just a special human being. He's just going to keep on keep on getting better. I love staff for Tower, but I think he wants out. They haven't signed him and he's looking to explore, and that's not good because he's probably one of the best players. Geral Skeleton, I said.
Speaker 4: Tailor Made might be going this, hes going, he's signed, so they lose. I'll take Tower and.
Speaker 2: Interesting Taylor Made didn't play in any of those Grand Final wins.
Speaker 1: I I I also heard the Super League guys saying that the Tyrone Tyrone is agitating to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so they all want to play together. So look, if that happens, good, I wish the best best for him. Gerant Skeleton.
Speaker 4: I like Keleton.
Speaker 1: What's his name, Skelton, we'll call him Skeleton. Gant's Joe a lot whatever his name, Skeleton, Skelton. I like him at the Bulldogs. I like him even better in Tiger's jersey. Happy is happy and Tyler should have won. Yeah, and that's what I'm saying about that. And I know that I know that Benji blew up on some of the calls, and he's right. And the officiating is terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. We can't speak about him. He's going to get a fine, isn't he? I think so probably? Yeah, he's right morning. Okay, I'm not sure. I'm not sure if that was the calous for them losing because they did score off of one of those one of those issues, one of those penalties.
Speaker 5: But they're on tream one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Will we get to the points?
Speaker 4: Are points for that game there? Let me just have a quick sorry about that. Three points went to mister Cleary, two points went to Lui and one for Thomas Jenkins.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, one for d cool. And the last game in the round, the Monday Public Holiday Bulldogs thirty over the I was twelve. How many people were there? Fifty sixty thousand, sixty.
Speaker 5: Thousand, sixty something, which is good? And you know what, how how good is that?
Speaker 1: And I keep on saying I say once, I say it again because it's Canterby, but Canterby, Paramatta, Saint George. Some of these teams, if they start h I don't know about challenging, but being in the eight, we'll get we'll get crowds like this every every week when Paramatta and it's just a matter of time because they're actually ahead of schedule. I think once they start being a top top eight, top six, top four team, U se paramounta stadium just be full every week. Well I can't wait. I can't wait. But you watch his games, tell us your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was obviously happy with the first half, but in the second half the dogs ran away with it. Parent they were hanging in initially, but a lot of dumb errors turning over possession. But you know, I guess again I was. I was happy with you proving in defense and you know they can tested, but they just weren't good enough in the end.
Speaker 5: I think Para pretty good.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think, like I keep on saying that they're ahead of schedule, I think, well, I think that Jason Rolves has done an amazing job. I didn't think he'll he'll get him at this stage so quick. And I do like the style they play. They like I said, he's one of those young coaches, the players, that young style which I'm starting to starting to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they weren't far off, just a few crucial errors at some crucial times. And you don't give teams like Canterbury because that's what they beat off. That's what they live on and live off the top three four teams and live off of the other team's errors. And that's that's all he was. So if they tire you that up there in the hunt and and and they're in the hunt big time. I think Junior Polo was was was outstanding. Williams just keeps on impressing me. I like this kid, Yeah, I really do. Again, a few dumb errors.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. They're a young team.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 1: I can I ask about Jermaine Hoffgood he's sort of gone off the cliff. Yeah, yeah, I liked him and I still like him, and I think there's there's something that keeps it keeps on picking it.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you guys a question. And don't get me wrong, I had nothing to do with the outcome or anything like that. But Matt Burton's innocent try the first one. Yes, did everyone miss the fact that he was standing in an offside position?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: He was standing in the level of the scrum, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I looked up. I looked up the rule. I said, once the scrum begins, how much the scrum half of the team non in possessions stand and the answer is a take up position with both feet behind the ball. He close to the scrum, but not in the space between the lock and the flanker, which is exactly where he caught the ball. Okay, he got there in about half a second.
Speaker 1: It was strange because because I'm looking at a blind slide, a short blindslide rate, and all of a sudden I'm seeing I'm seeing running the other wag what happened?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: But it was interesting. Two intercepts opened the game.
Speaker 1: Actually, I like I like Mitch's mitches geez quick, jeez quick. But you know the best part about Mitch's innocent If you go back and look at the tape. Look look what's behind and Mitch, there's six blo white jerseys chasing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's that's the Bulldog is a way talking about the Bulldogs, same thing.
Speaker 5: They got into the arm wrestle, that got into the fight.
Speaker 1: I had some doubts. I thought, like, you would would upset the chemistry of the team. I don't know what goes off the field, but on the team, I was wrong.
Speaker 2: On the field, he was great. He's definitely upset chemistry. I mean, what what happened there was shocking to me that. First of all, you're saw the footage of read Money in the locker room, right. What what I can't believe is that Sexton didn't know who was going to hook her? Didn't Is that not something you trained for in the week leading up to the game, where the newest kid on the block tells you half back he's changing positions so he can replace him. That that's definitely between Sexton and Money upset the chemistry in the locker him. Yeah, and you saw the footage. Money is obviously on the way out.
Speaker 5: You can say that obviously on the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, probably, probably, But on field, on field, it seemed pretty seamless.
Speaker 2: Still, he could stot straight in half back. I reckon, you can start straight in.
Speaker 1: I think it will, but let's see what happens. That's what happens. But yeah, I thought he might. I thought he might affect the chemistry on field. On field, I think I think Sorodo is big enough and strong enough to sort it out off the off the field thing. But we'll see what happens. See what happens then. Then stylistically, I thought that luck he wouldn't fit in because Lucky Tigers goes across field a lot, and I've talked about he goes across and and then then uh forward. But you know what, in one week, he's completely changed his game so stylistically thick. Then then I've heard some of the coaches there say that he's the last piece or the missing piece, and I had my I had my doubts. I think they're right. I think for the ten minutes that I saw, the fifteen minutes that it was on, I think that might be right. Yeah, because what happens is that he freeze Burton to run. I would just want to run. I don't wanted to think. I wanted to kick and to run.
Speaker 2: I think I think he ran more than I've seen him running any game for the whole time. Yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 5: And that's my thing about Burton.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's a genuine five eight and he tries to all play whatever, run run your runner.
Speaker 5: When you want to ring, you ran.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I'm interested to see what happens in between now and the September. There'll be more drama there. And as we said, Read is not happy, nor is uh.
Speaker 2: I think they're both on the way out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said this to the I the other day.
Speaker 1: Last year or the year the year before that? Did you know who take me sex to them?
Speaker 2: Was? We all did? He was at the Gold Coast, but he wasn't He was just another player. He wasn't a yes, But don't build that up as a reason to go. He's coming. We've done him a favor and he's leaving a better man. Proper ship. No, no, no, no ye, try and sell that.
Speaker 5: Not selling that.
Speaker 1: But all I'm saying is that there's two years he spent a Cariby. It's not it's not forgotten or lost thing. He hasn't spent two years in Reggies. All of a sudden he's going to be asking for six six hundred thous on three now.
Speaker 4: Well, no one's chased him, man, I haven't heard any offers yet, has anyone? Are you sure? What if he doesn't?
Speaker 5: He's good, he's a good he's a good half back.
Speaker 4: Maybe Perths's good. Oh we didn't talk about that anyway. But who's who's I haven't heard anyone chasing him. Most everybody that he gets a job. Maybe St. George can deal with him.
Speaker 2: But he was always going to get He was always going to get a job. You got a job at Cannabury. He was never a dud.
Speaker 4: It's not a no no.
Speaker 5: I've always said that he was the one between him and the other one. Who was the other one?
Speaker 1: No no, the guy went to the Warriors. The half back they had they had at the dog case. Remember that's two half and I said the Secon was the one sexton and h can boyd boy. There was two half backs. And I remember having debates who was the better one, And I used to say sex and here and you you were on Tanner boys and all of us are not wrong.
Speaker 5: They're both very good.
Speaker 4: Is that the worriest the worst. He's injured.
Speaker 1: So it was a fun game, NICOLEA. The school probably that doesn't indicate the because they all came late in the game. The school probably doesn't indicate the game.
Speaker 5: But it was fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I reckon, I actually disagree. I reckon. The score is a pretty good reflection of the game. Like I said, I was happy Power hung in and then can we just there were too good in then they just ran away with it. But I'm seeing the small improvements from Power. It was a pretty good game. First half was really good game. Yeah, you got you're probably like at the start of the year what we saw, they're probably ahead of time. They probably two biggest criticisms at the start of the word defense which was horrible and there was no ball movement. So now we're seeing a bit of both. Absolutely, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with that's that's that's the the Jason plays lots of ball movement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think of the kickout? Nice?
Speaker 2: That wasn't.
Speaker 5: Changing the fabric of the game, changed the game, didn't.
Speaker 2: Tell he did take out the kicking leg, Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: Did he get any suspension for that or did he get no?
Speaker 2: You got nothing?
Speaker 4: Okay, that says it all.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm sure Moses milked it, but he didn't take out the kicking the right leg. Yeah okay, and he has got form in that area too.
Speaker 1: Well, if they do it every week consistently, I'm not going to argue that every every time you touch a half back kicking, which now they've got a free rein little ships. But okay, yeah, fine, the fine is fine. You got ten minutes in the bin too.
Speaker 2: Forget Yeah he did what were the points for that one only.
Speaker 4: Three two one. Matt Burton got the three points. I don't know, this might be controversial, but two points went to Junior Polo was probably outstanding. Junior Polo was one of his best games for the year. And another guy you might but Harry Hayes got one point. This was good player, Harry Hayes. He's on the outer Yeah, George, George, He's going somewhere wishing we win it.
Speaker 2: Someone.
Speaker 4: If he changes his name to Harry Flanagan, we might get anybody, won't happen and.
Speaker 2: The Roosters had to buyer.
Speaker 5: Are the Roosters.
Speaker 2: Moving into We've got to split around this week Round fifteen. Obviously it's Origin Week next week, so all of these teams will be missing their Origin stars and kicking off Thursday night tomorrow, the Sharks are hosting the Dragons. Addie, what's going to happen here? Are you guys?
Speaker 5: He won't be here. He'll be on a plane.
Speaker 4: Sharks Dragons. If Sharks don't win by more than thirty, I'll be surprised. I'm tipping the Sharks by miles Josh.
Speaker 1: We've got the two last week losers and they've got to respond and this will be a better game than ADI thinks because they've got to respond. Don't think that the Sharks are all there, because we saw what they are last week. For them in the middle, they crumbling, and they crumbled far fast. Are they playing that they're playing? They're playing at the dungeon. They're playing at the dungeon. Okay, the prison, the prison, They're playing at the prison. Look, I'm going to go Sharks with no confidence, with no confidence.
Speaker 4: You know what, Shark's got no origin players, so they don't bring anyone.
Speaker 5: Injured.
Speaker 2: I think he Carla, Yeah, it's a big I'm I'm tipping the Sharks, tipping the Dragons the Dragons.
Speaker 4: One thing I wanted to tell.
Speaker 2: What's the name?
Speaker 4: Sorry, one thing I wanted to bring up for George. There's a guy named Nick. I was going to say, I agree his tipped to make his debut this week. They've named Corey Allen in the starting seventeen. But I remember seeing in the Dragons thing that he's out till round seventeen. So I don't know if I find against picking for when he's out. Got a bad injury, so I think they're just trying to cover it. But it looks like another greet guy is going to make his debut.
Speaker 2: If there's if there's if there's a Greek kid playing in the underage Northern Territory warm back. More guys know about.
Speaker 4: He's been killing it in the reserve grades. Actually he's a background, but he's been playing centers in the last four or five works, and so yeah, look out for him.
Speaker 5: I'll be looking out for him.
Speaker 4: Back to this week's back for I lose get strong, it's still.
Speaker 2: Strong, alrighty. Next game Friday night, Gold Coast Times hosting the mainly Seagulls.
Speaker 4: Turbo Tampon's on one week in three So Tommy Turbo's back, Jason Sarbon tak Yahoo and then I hope White he is outper and don't forget this easy Titans have got for twaka and surely we're all going to get Seagals, all of.
Speaker 2: Us except for ten time.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know because they're both they're both a train wreck. There's two teams. I'm going to go Seeagle with no confidence, no confidence, but these two teams are both trains better.
Speaker 2: That afternoon, Newcastle Knights hosting the Roosters at five point thirty.
Speaker 4: Roosters are going to look coming coming in. They've got Dom Young, Nat Butcher, doctor Clay, Sam Walker is bag n fur White is back. Jackson Jackson Hastings has been named for the Knights. Oh no, they're going to be arguments on the field. But yeah, so fans beware that might be that might have to bom from the start.
Speaker 2: I'm tipping the Roosters in this one.
Speaker 1: The I don't believe the Knights. I don't believe the twenty minutes of perfection as they call it. The Roosters are building for something. Will make the eight. They will make the Hongsters, they will make with their youngsters, and they will win. Who would station I'll tell you, okay, I'll tell you rocks for me. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was on the table.
Speaker 4: I don't know who is. Tenure is going there the nights. She's going everything, okay around the opposites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other Sidurday game with the Cowboys up there hosting the Dolphins. She's gone the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: The Berton but Nan Bateman, Robson Cotter didn't that's a lot of players out there. But that's a lot of players. Hammer and plaids. But has he s co one has it would be in for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought he got injured.
Speaker 4: That's did he Okay, no, no, no, no, you're right. The race stones back for the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves Dolphins winmen win, Dolphins winning and win well because they've got this number seven idea.
Speaker 5: If I told you about that number seventies.
Speaker 4: Last name again, that's his name. I can't remember his No, Dolphins, he's George. He's out, Yes, it's out. Yeah, come on head Sorry, I was going on team and.
Speaker 2: The last game with the Rabbits at a course stadium hosting the Bulldogs on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 5: We've got a few out.
Speaker 2: This is a tough one. We I'm gonna lan on the Bulldogs. Tanyers tip the Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, well who's out? Uh look? Oh god? Where am I?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Mate?
Speaker 5: Well, Burton's out.
Speaker 4: You've got Burton King might be out as one else brightens out. That's a big man's out. Man's out. Yeah I didn't. I didn't do my home of it. That's but you've got Walker and Mitchell out for the Rabbit walk Mitchell and you're Campbell, Graham, Jacob Host and Joe Gray coming in.
Speaker 5: Joe Gray, what what, Nicole?
Speaker 1: I know, you just picked the dogs and I'll probably pick the dogs as well, but there's less less disruption there for the South and ALFs are looking for for a victory as well. So I'm going to go Dogs in good faith. But the Rabbits, I wouldn't be surprised. I would not be surprised. And then the victory that they've lost a few in the rye, haven't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah they have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going Rabbits because of that. Yeah, they're desperate they to win. Joe Grays a good inn like Mitchell. Joe Gray has made done wonders and Campbell gram is also a good inn as well, So they're.
Speaker 5: Not really losing.
Speaker 1: Joe Gray's outstanding rugby lueplay and so is so is stretched. So yeah, we actually lose. We actually lose quality players.
Speaker 2: And the teams with the buyers are the Broncos, Eels, Panthers, Raiders, Storm, Warriors and Tigers.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That is a lot. Yeah, guarantee two points in the bag. In the bag, in the bag.
Speaker 4: Now getting on the plane and going oh the way to England. We had the Challenge Cup Final. How much fun with George. You got to tell me about this, So that was fun. Hul Kingston Rovers eight Warrington Wolves six. Halftime. Warrington was up six to two. In the closing minutes, last minute, the last minutes, Tom Davies dives on a little grubber ball by Tyrone May into the corner. They scored, and then Wembley waited for Mikey Lewis to kick up kick the winning goal to win their first trophy in forty years. Well done Willie Peters the next and a real coach in waiting, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Nicotta outstanding game. One of those it's genuine final games. I'm sure you've seen him in Darby's soccer or European Cups whatever, this was a cup. I just said the scores. No one got away. I think I thought Warrington was gonna win. Warrington through eighty minutes, probably was the better team. But you could he couldn't. They couldn't put a hell kr away. Just couldn't put him away. Couldn't put them.
Speaker 5: Away, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The last the last ten minutes Warrington was in was in whole kas reporter trying to score a try roll and they didn't getting the ball rolling it in.
Speaker 5: They got two chances in the second half and I scored a try.
Speaker 1: I scored a try. So you know what, they're a good team. Who k is a good team, very well coaged team. I can't wait to see Michael Lewis against Australia because they've got big tickets on in Sorry Nicolson, Mikey Lewis. They've got some big tickets on Michael Lewis, big tickets.
Speaker 4: I like lose.
Speaker 1: And it was just a really good game to watch. I wasn't going to watch it all and I couldn't get away from the screen. Yeah, those games I couldn't get away. It was physically I give. I give English simply one thing. It's very physical, very very physical, you know. I mean they tackle and they tackle hard English forwards.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. And twenty seven years.
Speaker 4: You say, okay, forty years, forty years trophy for forty years.
Speaker 1: Well there you go.
Speaker 5: Good on them. And that's one one of one of them.
Speaker 1: The whole team, yeah, the week of one. Usually the whole whatever they're called is the Glamour team.
Speaker 4: They're the Glamot team and hul Kingston Ravers is the week of the Poor Brother.
Speaker 5: Or the poor Brother. But Willie Peters sorted that out. It was good fun.
Speaker 4: It was good fun.
Speaker 5: That got it good fun. I loved it. Yeah, I've watched some. I was coupan. I even watched some something board this week. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I on my on my own new iPad I and watched the fleg and wow, problem, I've got some mental issues. I've got some mental issues.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking. I'm looking for youngsters.
Speaker 4: Warrior is the leading that day that you can not can effect.
Speaker 1: War Warriors have lost one game all year and they've got a plus two hundred or something, absolutely smash.
Speaker 5: But I think Paramos coming second there, George coming second.
Speaker 4: And Warries just burt us there a few weeks ago in the last minute. I think that's right. Yeah, Reagon's are doing very well, that's right, and in the Warriors and Warriors are doing well all the grades and and and Paramou actually, so there's yeah, there's a lot of promising.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Jackson is doing something right with the youngsters. You know what I was telling George the other day. This year we've seen a lot of good young players come through you. Now we're saying, oh, there's a bit of training in talent. Well, we've got some superstar halves coming out out of the woodwork this year to look forward to in the future. We're losing the Reynolds they see and that are getting older. But then we're seeing Katowa Galvin, We're seeing Nathan Strange. You know this season Santa is going to be a star. Then we say, yeah, we're just saying starts everywhere, youngie. You know, we're saying massive, you know, which is good to see. So I decatta go. Everybody didn't want to They didn't want to breed.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to spend the money on breeding, because we're talking Ennardy, five million can be three something million, you, I mean, everybody's going millions to breed kids. So they thought I will go and buy it. Well you can't buy it. It's hard to buy now you can or you can't. Yeah as well, okay, but team but breeding as well. Yeah, they're breeding as well. So everybody across the board on the board now is putting lots of money in kids, and and you know what, feathers how much I think sometimes I don't like the decisions his heart's in the right place when he wants to go to England and France and have the international game to elevate it. He's thinking breeding youngsters. He's thinking about bringing bringing kids from outside into the into the NRL. That's what he's thinking. He wants, he wants the lifeline the pacifica Islands. Well, that's what he's thinking. Yeah, the P and G think it's about kids coming into NRL. So that's that's what he needs, and that's what we all need.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happens in Europe with Psycho if they all breed, but we Need's such a small market, you've got to breathe.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts on Perth Bears. Meninger announced they get it.
Speaker 2: By the time he coaches his first game, it'll be twenty seven years since his last club job. So I mean, if you know, if the Titans are interested, I'm sure wyn Ryan's available. Makes no sense to me whatsoever at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're hoping you can attract players, but I think that's the only thing that draw card. It depends on his assistant coach is so I think they approached Burgess maybe, but he's not the fact I didn't. So that's the big talking point. Now let's say, who's going to.
Speaker 5: Be knocked it back? Your guy? But he knocked it back.
Speaker 1: They asked him no, no, no, as head coach, and well he's tied up at he's taken serious, he's taken lead seriously now, so he knocked it back. They said on SCN that they offered it the brad first and then he said no. So that's when that's when they went to maw. But you know what, it's it's a really really really really big job Nicola, because think about it when when the Finns came, they had a base at a club and they had juniors and they're they're a big club in in Brisbane. Okay, Perth Bears starting with zero.
Speaker 4: Did don't they have a junior? Don't they have rugby league?
Speaker 1: I thought they had a rugby lea they might, but then they haven't got kids like they've got no, No, they won't.
Speaker 5: So they've got to get a squad of thirty.
Speaker 1: They've got to find a third the first grade rugby league players plus pathways plus kids they playing all in the junior competitions.
Speaker 4: So it's a big thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that I have a feeded team in a different state.
Speaker 1: They will have thirteen. But you've got to find these kids now, so you're going to have to look underneath. They're going to rape all of us. They're going to rape, They're going to rape Paramount, They're going to break Can. They're gonna rap and George are going to rape every everybody that can underneath. They're going to go to They're gonna go to New Zealand, They're gonna go anywhere England just to rape the youngsters to bring because there's no pathways. They're going to find their own pathways, put their part and they could be all in New South Wales, they could be in Brisbane. I don't know where they're going to be, but they're going to be somewhere. Plus thirty first grade rugby league players, which here we go. Now they're going to rape all of us again, the top liners. Just wait a couple of years. I think Henry will probably released another thirteen players. Get all the thirteen pace.
Speaker 4: Probably good, so it's a break Tap will be there will be there, good play, good player.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a massive job what they're trying to do. And they've given him one year to do it. Really, really, it's one year, one and a half year. It's a lot of things to do to get you know, that's they got the GM they got. I mean, I don't know much about him, but apparently he's hated in a w A. He's done all the all these shunky things with Cole's and all these other other companies.
Speaker 4: Apparently.
Speaker 1: I heard that on s c N. So I don't know if it's true or not, but it's not good that, yeah, worse than good. And the media and the media is trashing the Bears already. They're just ridden them off. They're death in them already. So yeah, so he's got a big male and and then I've always got a massive job to get them up and running. So look, I wish I wish him all the best. They should have given given him more time. They should have given him two years.
Speaker 4: To they'll find plays.
Speaker 1: What they'll find now, I guess they will find players. But all they're gonna do is rape us. They're going to rape all of us, Jacob aside. Now, what they're going to do is they're going to pick the eyes out of every good youngster. And if someone's agitating like you know, I don't know, one of your players might agitate and they're all going to you see it's going to happen the next star and you see how much over they're going to get. You see how much overs they're all going to get. Just what your guy in the back row because you heard that someone's going to put one point eight, he's going to say, well at one point eight too, So they're going to disrupt the whole thing.
Speaker 5: But anyway, happy chorus.
Speaker 4: They're talking to him about being their first big name and d C side for a years, So maybe d C.
Speaker 5: Might be there just to seven. He's going to go there.
Speaker 4: Cameron Smith might come out of it's one too. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Look, I want I want Perth to succeed and the Bear pass of it because I had a soft spot for the Bears.
Speaker 5: I think Nicola had a.
Speaker 4: If I'm not wrong, is there a Bears reserve? Great team Bears? Well, that's their feeders. All those guys still got to think half a team there already. They still better than that. But anyway, yeah, so I've got a so so I want him to do well.
Speaker 1: But in the next two years, it's going to be it's going to be Cande and they want the team to be competitive. They need the team, they said, to go on the field and not to get flogged because then they'll lose. They'll lose w A, I lose the Perth people. So they need to build a team, Mouse said on on SCN, and the Feathers said to him, we need to build a competitive team. And they're not giving him any dispations either.
Speaker 5: They should be.
Speaker 1: They should have given given him a five year get out of jail card like they did the the AFIL team Western Sydney. Shouldn't but they don't. They're not giving him because they promised that all the other teams there will be no you know, Joel, I.
Speaker 4: Could see super League, but I could say now raiding all the super League.
Speaker 5: We said that.
Speaker 4: He's getting all the players there. We'll get Bevan French, all right, what's his name, Trician sailor a lot of good players over there.
Speaker 1: So I agree, you never knows. Wait to see there's Tristan anyway. That's the best.
Speaker 2: That's the episode. That's a wrap done, that's done.
Speaker 5: The week.
Speaker 2: Are you we're going to miss it for eight weeks going to.
Speaker 4: Going over Europe. Mane who are scouting for the dragons playing the knights there the roads nights. I'm going might be sit the road for the roads nights.
Speaker 1: You'll bring back some youngsters when he when he's there, Future and model there's going over the Rose Nights and.
Speaker 5: Road nights.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hassling for the next six weeks, light weeks, looking forward to hearing the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the three of us will hold the foord and we made Mary guests who were there as well. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's I can have the background and.
Speaker 2: We'll left Tan your back next Tuesday night right before Origin too.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to miss origent.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so have a great trip. Are you look for seeing all about it and seeing when you get back. Thank you and have a great week. Everyone, enjoy the footy and we'll see you all next week. Enjoy regularly Happy Uguy League