Speaker 1: It's hard even believed that all those circumstances that was evolved and you have three big foots and you have three different three people on each side all the way from that point and then and then the point where my sister and her boyfriend decided to go crawling out in the grass and then left move there, visualizing just two other figures sitting there. I just can't believe the hell that even happened. I didn't even see them, and they got themselves in that position in the first place, those two of the big posts that are sitting there. But then the two other brothers, they suggested that we just we should go to the police department, Me and my brother. We were so soft spoken ourselves anyways, and we and like I said, we don't like any confrontational type of situation. We don't like going to the police. Especially you can go to the police department and you know, tell them that we just saw three big foots playing in the playground. You know it is this, It ain't gonna happen for us.
Speaker 2: Gurtis, thanks for joining me on Bigfoot Crossroads. Yes, take us back to nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let me start out with I got an identical twin brother, so without him being involved. And there's other there's also two other individuals that were that witnessed the uh these creatures at the same time that I did. And there's actually three there's three big poots all together. Oh wow, So I assume that there there's a there's like a family of three, but without them or actually the two built. The other two individual were just kids that we had met and just and and we have since I haven't really kept in touching them anyways. But so basically its just me and my brother that can verify with each other of what we saw. But anyways, so back in eighty three US we were living in in the town of gua Rika, California, and that town is it's slow cared about ten miles from the Oregon border. And it's also since right at the east side, right at the bottom of the mountain, but it's right there at the the Klamath National Forest. Okay, it's in northern California and it's right there along the side of the Interstate five. If you know anything about California, there's an interstate fight that the five that go that runs all way from Mexico all wro up to Canada. Yeah, and it goes right, it goes right straight up to the center of all the you know California, Oregon and uh and the Washington right up right to Canada. Uh So, anybody's back in w Rica. Like I said, you've got the mountains right there, this's the that whole mountain range right there just fro way Rica. If you're going west, it's just it's just nothing but forested on just thick, thick forests. And there's no there's like small communities that spread out this whole on this Hordle Mountain Range, but there's no towns of any kind that I can remember that way. That's all just big, thick forests. And there's like just the national force itself right there at Klamatha National Forest. That's like one point seven million acres right there. But that whole mountain range, there's other it connects with other uh you know, national forests and everything. You got the Marble Mountains, and you also got the you got the Trinity National Forest, and you also have the it's there was Six Rivers National Forest, which is also that's where the that what you call Bluff Creek, which is where the where the Gimblin film. The film site was made right there, Bluff Creek. If everybody knows what that one is the Patterson.
Speaker 2: Getting them from, Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's and that's not And as as the crow flies from way Rica, it's only about seventy miles you know, if you're looking right straight over the hill from where where why Rika is at. So we're on the same mountain range and basically sisk County. I just I just lived them doing. There's some research that that whole Siske County in way Rika area, it's it's got the most signings in California, probably because of the whole first of the you know, the whole first and everything. Yeah, and then over you know, if you're looking right over the coast towards the coast, there's also the redwoods, so that's pretty thick over there too. It's pretty nice. But now back in ry Rika, in nineteen eighty three, my brother and my twin brother and I were we were fifteen years old, and uh first of all, we we moved around a lot. We have our dad was a cook and the uh so to our whole childhood, we were moving constantly. We moved from town to town. We uh, you know, we're talking about least once or twice a year we moved. We didn't stay one screw at more more than a year at at the very most. And then we also moved sometimes, you know, two to two or three times a year. That's how much. That's how much traveling we've done and litting all over California and Oregon. So now, like I said, in eighty three, we came to we came from Oregon to come back into California and our aunt was living in wy Arika. Well, we already knew wherehy Rica was too. We've always been there. We'd stop in to get gassing, but we'd never you know, anytime we're traveling back and forth to Oregon and California, would always stop there to get gas every time we were doing our travel. But our aunt happened to just end up living there as soon as there maybe about a year so before we actually arrived. And so this is the first time we actually got to go to Wayrika and stay there. But our parents dropped us, me and my brother and along with our two member siblings dropped us off with our aunts. So my mom and dad and travel around California to try to find a place to live, even though they did come back to Wyrika anyways a couple months later, and we ended up living in Wyreka.
Speaker 2: But at this time you were just staying with your aunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's still with my aunt now they ain't. Part of the town of Wareka is basically right there along the along the freeway of the I five, where all the stores and restaurants and everything else, you know, and the population of the whole town is like thirty five hundred people at the time. And then where my aunt was living was in It was in an apartment complex and that was about that was about two rocks west of the of the main part of town there, and it's just a small residential neighborhood. But the apartment complexes is right next door to a grade school and the grade school is a there was a one grade one, two five, So it's got mostly just small kids there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course this.
Speaker 1: Was the summertime anyways. And I only mentioned the school because this is actually is the place where we actually had our encounter. So that's why I got to described what the school and everything around where we were at and everything. Now where the apartment complex and the screw in between each other. There's no there's no fence at all. There's no fence that separates the two properties. And but the front of our of the apartment suite was facing the opposite direction where the schools at, which is the north side of the schools on the north side of the apartment complex. So for us to get into the school yard, we just have to go around the backside or the side of the apartment complex to go just walk right through the field to get into the to the school. And on the west, on the whole western side of that of the school property was a big eight foot eight to ten for chaining fence that went all the way up and down north and south in that whole perimeter, and that's where the soccer slash baseball field was located. Now, then on the very north on that north corner basically of the of the school grounds, the north west corners where the baseball diamonds at. And then right on connected to the eight point fence was a man gate, so you can walk through that. But on the other side of that fence, we were looking towards the mountains. Now your head looking towards the West. There's just a big empty, a big piece of property that's owned by the city and it's just it's undeveloped and that covered you know, quite a few acres. But it went from a screw There was about you know, threw up one hundred yards just looking but just dry grass and a lot of weeds, you know, tall weeds like three or through three foot weeds, and then all the whole perimeters this had a whole bunch of rowing uh dirt. Now it's basically it's very unstable area. And there's also got a lot of strawberry and everything three thick show in some spots.
Speaker 2: So the city wasn't keeping it up or anything.
Speaker 1: No, not that particular part of the property. There's a yeah, so I don't know, but they did recently. It's actually I've been there about five years ago myself, and that I can see that that that whole community is it's all it's all housing, it's all community. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask you if if you know, if it's changed a lot since then.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I tried to go back and tried to you know, look at the area that I I seem my big putting everything and that's totally different. So anyways, yeah, so then there be all on that field, like I said, about four four hundred yards. It's just a there was a just a little residential neighborhood one street up there that just that's right next to the bottom of the of the sleep of the steep slope that goes up to the towards the mountains into the mountains. So that's that's so basically from the apartments to the mountains is probably a couple of blocks away from us as all it was, but it's pretty easy travel come to there. See. Now we first got to the town, we met a couple of brothers, me and my me and my brother, we didn't know anybody. We just go down to the park in town there and and we ended up meeting a couple of brothers there and uh there's there were the same age as we were, so they were the ones we were hanging out with and we only knew them for a couple of days. But when when this incident happened. We also have my younger sister who ended up having a like a little thing with the with the with the kid that was about two years older than me and my brother, my sister was only thirteen and this this guy, this kid was like seventeen. So anyways, they're they're kind of a short term I had a short term thing going on. But they're both also with us in this in this particular encounter. Now we moved forward to the day, the day that this happened, and it was in the middle of It was in the middle of summer, and so it was very hot. It was actually we had like a drought going on at the time, and uh, the tempters definitely was. It was I remember days that were about one hundred and ten degrees and uh, you know, so anywhere from one hundred one hundred to one hundred tenets. So it was very warm out and even were heay, we tried, we stayed in most of the time because it's still hot out, you know. So I mean, now these uh, the two brothers came to our aarper complex where we were where we were staying with my aunt. We already ate dinner, was already getting dumb, it was already getting dark. Anyways, the sun was already going over and we were already expecting we're already expecting the two brothers to show up. Anyways, So they showed up after dinner and already getting dark out, and it was very bright with stars and everything, so it's pretty bright in that aspect. And then so we were outside talking with the brothers and everything, and then so one of the brothers decided that to they wanted to play a game. They wanted to play a game of what we call duns, but it's mostly like a hide and go seek. We had a team, we had one and the other team of three, which was my team. And uh so, yeah, so me and my bro were not usually that even at this particular time in our life, we weren't we like playing those kind of games, but we decided to do it because the two brothers just were pretty consistent on wanting to do something. So that's what we decided to do. So now we had my sister and her and her boyfriend join in with us, and like I said, now me and my twin brother we were the team captains because they nobody wanted us to be on the same team together, you know. So so anyways, so now I ended up having my sister and uh and her boyfriend on my team, and then uh my brother had the other the other two brothers on his team. So so now we got three on our team. So basically, uh, I won a coin toss to where we got to go hide first. So it was up to my brother's team to be searching for us. And and when I say guns, oh, we just had fake you know, we just use our fingers, you know, to shoot, you know, we're got that's basically where that's specially where since we're gonna be just a back like we're gonna shoot each other. But we didn't have any we didn't really have a really good plan. We just it was more like a hide and go seek type of game, you know. So it's kind of a little bit different than what what I thought we were going to do. But anyway, so now my brother had to count down. My brother's team had to count down from one hundred, so that way that would give us my team enough time to you know, get some distance away. So the only the old kind of rules of that came up with is that we wanted that we couldn't go and we had to stay within the screw property or over on the other side of that fence with where that where the city properties at uh on the other side of the screw, So that was the only real rules we have. We didn't have anything else set up, you know, we're just we just had the other team that'll be looking for us. So now my brother's team started to counting down and then we just went at my team, We just went around the other outside where the screw was at, and just ran around the other uh uh over to the other side, and we ran all up to where the northwest corner of the screw was, and that's where the baseball diamond was at. So there's a little there was a little four foot fencerack there that once along got north the perimeter of the screw property, but always had to jump over that real quick. And so my team just went and laid down right behind the baseball diamond. And like I said, there's the man gate right behind us also right there on on that chain League fence. So now at this point I didn't know exactly where my brother's team was at. You know, we're hiding. And the light said, and the stoke it was bright enough. The lights were from the stars was pretty bright gave them. So we can actually see the field pretty eastly, you know, but any anything that's walking around, if you just see like a shadowy figures because it was it wasn't that line out. But we can also see from the baseball dim and we could see the apartment complex that had lights from there, and behind the school where the kids school on the playgrounds that had had some lighting there. And we also see we can also see the street lights on the other side of both the apartments and the and the school there. So there was a little bit of light. It wasn't like the good enough that we could see details or everything. But now my brother's team is actually located right basically on the school grounds, but right next to the next to the apartment complex, whis basically diagonal from where we were at. We're you know, estimating what maybe one hundred and fifty feet maybe or something like that, you know, just as an estimate. So now what these when these creatures showed up, it was it took a while because we were sitting there. My team was laying down behind that baseball battling for I would say at least a four or five minutes, you know, because we were waiting for the other team because they're supposed to be looking for us. And I'm not sure why my brother decided to just to hold off. They were just kicking back, I guess. But they're also laid down in the grass as well. So basically, like I said, about five minutes goes by. But now my brother's team, they were the first rooms that got to see these bigfoots come into the pictures because those bigfoots were right through on the side of the school, right right in between the school and that complex, the armor complex. There's no lighting right there in that to their section because it's right on the side of the school, so it's kind of dark right there. Yeah, but there's a but there's a street right there, there's a little there's like an access for right next for the for the school workers right next to the school, especially in between the school and the and the apartment complex. But that's what the bigfoots were came walking out of. They came walking and and they started and they were heading towards that, towards the field and towards that changing fence. And as they were walking, they were they were walking about ten or fifteen feet apart apart from each other, and they're, like I said, there's three of them. So now they're walking in front of my brother. They're looking at my brother and his team are looking at these figures walking in front of them, and none of my brother or his team, they didn't want to say nothing. They just sat there and watched these creutures just walking front of them. They're probably about fifty feet in front of U with my brother and we're laying down. They let them walk by, and they kind of went to a little bit of a shock and everything, and they couldn't they really couldn't believe what they were looking at. But they didn't say anything because they didn't want to. They didn't want to draw attention to it, watching these creatures walk in front of them like that. It wasn't until the big puts got all the way down and got within a you know, ten or fifteen feet from the the fence when they actually looked at each other and started they definitely they started whispering each other. The one of the brothers said, Hey, that's that's bigfoot, you know, And that's it. That's all it was, And they all knew, they all agreed for sure that that's exactly what they're looking at. It was a big It was big. There's three of them, and uh and their estimated size of these were you know, just you know, some were over They're definitely over six feet because the two brothers were like six feet tall themselves, and they they they permiss and that they these big foots were even taller than they or so, so that's my understanding there. But we also came to a conclusion later on that there were probably the juveniles bigfoot, you know, after after analyzing all the stuff that we were thinking about after after the fact. But meanwhile, when they did, when my brother's team watched these bigfoots up, yet two of the acts were that fence. Like I said, this fence is at least eight feet I for some reason think it's like almost ten feet tall. But because I've climbed that fence before myself, and I'm I was five seven myself, it just seems like eight foot would need that big of a deal. But I remember having to crawl up that defence before. It seems like it's about ten feet tall, but it's it's it's anywhere from eight to ten. So that's that's a lot better to just to think that that way, I guess. So basically, when these bigfoots got to the fence, the biggest went out of the out of the through biofoots that were there. He all he did he or she, I can't wait tell you what's what it would. But all it did is is grab the top. It just grabbed hold of the top of the fence and just yanked it soap up and just threw it soap on the other side of the just on the other side to that to the property of the city.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, the other two, the other two bigots, they decided they just walked right back down the fence line back towards the apartment complex, uh opery line there, and then the fence just stops right there at the property line anyways, and all you have to, oh, you have to just walk right around the fence and then you back then you're in that undeveloped piece of property there. And that's basically that's basically what my brother had seen. Now in my situation, I will go back to where I was at. I was we were behind here. I actually remember I started to fall asleep of it. I just I dozed off anyways, But when those big foots came into the started across some where my brother was at, my sister nudged me, uh and kind of woke me up and the other the boyfriend, he was right there too. He actually said, hey, there's the other team. You know that's coming up. So basically I wiped my eyes off and everything. And then and definitely, I guess we definitely see the silhouettes walking across. The few of them. Like I said, we were probably at least at least one hundred feet away from him, So we took we didn't, you know, we need to see any details or anything out of them. And at this point in time, we're just you know, as far as I'm concerned, there's my brother's team, right, I mean, like you got three days that's walking. But in my own I'm not thinking Bigfoot Denson's not on my rank on whatsoever. So you know, why would I be thinking about it Bigley, you know. And so like I said, and the detail wasn't there's not enough details we need even consider that fact. So we watched the rock and walking across the into the baseball field. Basiclyek come right straight towards the fence, but not really paying attention. I was like staring at him or anything like that. But you know, but we were definitely I could definitely visualize them walking across and so now my uh my sister's boyfriend decided he wanted to get up and just start blasting away, you know, with our gun fingers, you know. And I said, no, no, I don't want to do that because we're too far away. So I suggested that we just go ahead and just just get ourselves on the other side of the fence, even not not knowing if they're if that's what they were planing rob doing anyways, We didn't know if those figures are gonna jump over the fst but at least we would be on the other side of the fence, and if those those figures came walking down towards that they stayed on the on the on the screw grounds, we would still be right to on the other side of the fence and we'd start blasting away if they came up to us. But it turns out that they are on the other side anyways, which we didn't know. And like I said, my brother told me that that these bigfoot that one bigfoot jump over the tainleing fence. Now we were crawling through that fence. That proves the same time the throws that those bigfoots got to the fence anyways, and I'm holding onto the fence, and I don't hear nothing. I don't hear the fence rattle, because normally if you're on a if you're going to crawl on a tainleing fence, you're gonna hear something. You're gonna hear a rattle. You got thurible and all that stuff. So so I guarantee that whatever, if that's what they did, they that one jumped over the fence. I just did it in one fast loop, just went up there and I just grabbed a hold and just just flung itself over the other side without making a noise, you know. And then they probably had that type of the probably that agile anyways, where they can do that kind of stuff. They probably used to doing that. So, like I said, we crawled, you know, we crawled through the other side, through the through that manngate. We just crawled through there. And then we started heading down off along that ends line basically towards the center of the of the field there, but on the over on the property side, the property of the city, and uh, and we kind of do it kind of slops. We didn't want to make any noise. We didn't, you know, because eventually they're going to either come to us and we're gonna have an element of surprise no matter what. But we didn't want we didn't really want to draw too much attention to it at that particular time.
Speaker 2: Um hm.
Speaker 1: So we get down there. Finally we get down They took a few minutes or whatever, but we get to about center of the field, of the of the fence line, and that's where we decided to stay. We decided to sit right there because that's about the about the same place where we see these big foots come up to the fence or in this in my case, I thought it was the other team. So we just put our backs against the fence and just started looking towards the mountains, you know, in that direction, basically the same direction going towards that that the residential neighbor neighborhood they said, about four hundred yards away, and right down below us, we're up on a little bit the fence line was a little bit of the slope, so it was down about maybe two or three feet before the you're on that other piece of property, and there's a lot of ruts on the ground and stuff. There's very uneeded property. Then right to the just a little bit to our them to the luck to us, there's a pretty big thick piece of brush, you know, so something could hide behind there, of course, but that was one of the areas that we didn't want to go past, and we just wanted to kind of because because we can still see down the fence line. The fence line is still pretty clear. We could still crawl down that way if we wanted, but we had that brush right there, so that was kind of helping us with a little bit of shelter for ourselves. Now we sat there now at this point, my sister and embokmen and they were kind of getting boarded the game, and they are already kind of there were certain some signs that they were they're more into each other basically, right, so they're kind of giggling up, and I was kind of get a little bit agitated at this point in time, and I kept telling to be quiet because I didn't want them to I want our team to get discovered, you know. So we were sitting there for a couple of minutes, but then finally my sister and then the boyfriend decided they just they wanted to go crawling out with the grass. And they, you know, and I was more than happy. I just said, okay, just go ahead and go, you know, just getting getting a bat of getting away from me was what I wanted them to do, because they're just giggling stuff anyways, not really loud, but just giggling enough where it's gonna give us away, you know. So when they started crawling through the grass, and it's like it was about three foot leads and grass and anything, I wasn't really paying attention to my sister and the boyfriend. I didn't I didn't know exactly which way they were headed or anything. They just oh, I noticed that I lost sight of them once they crawled into the grass. And they are still giggling stuff. So it's just enough cracking hear them pretty good, you know, still a little noise, and I really wanted them to be that. I kept trying to tell him be quiet a little bit, you know, moved like a kind of a louder whisper, I guess. Anyway, So I just sat there and this whole time all I was doing is just just scoping, just scanning my head back and forth all the way from looking down the fence line and then going all the way and and just scanning all the way back down from where we came from and scanning all that property. Anyways, So after a few minutes after it was probably about two minutes later after my sister and now they're still in the grass, suwheer. But as I was coming around and from the looking north basically and then coming around to look back down the fence line again, now I see two figures the twenty feet away from me that were that were squattered on one of those dirt and those grassy dirt mounds that I was telling about. It's only maybe a flot or too high, you know, But at this point, I I career, I just in my mind, it was just it was my sister. It was my sister and her boyfriend. So I could see the silhouettes, you know, looking you know, just looking straight at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At this point there there wasn't a lot of light, but I could see there's lights coming from the neighborhood, like I said, quite a few yards away, and there's and of course the starlights and everything. So I could definitely see that there's two figures there. Plus they were right next like I. So it was twenty few array but they were right next to that brush, on the thick brush I was telling you about, So maybe that was a place where they just came out of. But I didn't see them arrive at all. So that's why it all came to It wasn't even surprised at that time because I could it was as far as I was concerned, that was my sister and her boyfriend. Even though later I could definitely look at my I can look back and I can remember that these these true uh uh figures were just sitting there, just staring straight at me. Didn't make any move, wasn't moving at all, even though like I I just kept scanning back and thirta anyways, and every once in a while, about every couple fifteen twenty seconds out, I'd be looking at those two and I raised my hand up and trying to tell those two figures that stop, you know, the stop giggling and stuff, you know, stop making noise. So basically I was having an interaction with these two figures, even though it wasn't a communication part of it. But they recognized me, even though I didn't know exactly what I was looking at at the time, but it was still considered a an interaction. I guess it's it because they knew where I was. My sister and them, they were definitely crawled up. They were definitely close enough so that when they were when my sister and her Bertha were still giggling and stuff, it was still a close note rocket that the sound was just to me, it was, uh, was was close enough to those two figures that that's that I still thought that that's what they were. That was my sister Eric worker. So they weren't. They were only a matter of whatever feet feet, you know, so many feet away. They're They're definitely even closer than when I was. I mean I was twenty feet.
Speaker 2: Away, So they were between you and two figures. But you didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the more I don't care. Yeah, my sister and they were actually more to the a little bit more to the right where I'm looking straight and those two figures were a little bit just right off at an angle, just slightly to the left of me and my sister and them because they were sitting on the right of me anyways, and they just went straight out and uh, and as far as I was concerned, they were just went straight straight out, you know, because I wasn't paying attention to exactly which stretch and they started the head but that was my estimated figures that they just went straight out and they were probably within by the time they got well out into the thick rushing or the thick weeds, and that they they were probably within ten feet on those two figures themselves. Wow, look out them even knowing it, because they didn't know it, because they all they could do all my surial just hear me just trying to whisper back to them to be quiet, you know, even though it wasn't doing anything good. So meanwhile, now it goes on for another about another two or three minutes. I'm still just just just scanning my head around back and forth. And then all of a sudden, and I'm doing my turn back up looking starting to look towards the south on that long fense line, and now I see it. I see something come running out behind the bush from that thick brush that was and they it man, Actually it was about another five feet behind the other two that were sitting on that now, and that thing, I mean, it was coming pretty fast. That thing was so fast as he start. I mean I look back at it I know it was pretty fast, but at the time it was happening, it was it was it was everything was happening so fast. But it's not that I got scared when came because I wasn't. Like I said, I wasn't even looking for bait for anything, so I wasn't scared of anything. At this time. I just thought it was my brother's team. I thought it was one person from the other team, and I couldn't which what I thought it was all these news the other team, still thinking that those other two that were sitting on the mound was my sister and workman. But either ways, those two figures didn't even didn't even budge anyways. Even that one came running around in the behind the other two, those two figures just stayed right exactly where they were now. So that made that that creature that they went around those other two, that was at least twenty five to thirty feet from where I was at. And uh, like I said, I everything happened so fast, so I'm thinking, Okay, it's the other team, and even before I can before I can even get on my feet, that creature was already went completely around those two and was already almost was stopped by the time I got on my feet to start yelling and start saying that it was the other team. About the same time I got up and started yelling the other team that that big pot. That's when you know the bit was stopped, like we're talking ten feet from me, because I already went past those other two. And that was that was actually just stopped with the ten maybe twelve at the most, but it stopped right there. And then I was just sitting there. It just stood there and looked at me, and it, uh, it tilted his head from where I was at it till to the left side, but it was it was it was on its right side, tilt his head like it was like it was trying that communicate or probably it was. It was almost like it was curious of me. There's nothing regressive about about what it but about what he was doing or it was doing. But all the all I know is it just it tilts his head to one side, and it was it was slightly bent in the knees, and and it was kind of and the and the head like the back was arcs a little bit facing forward as well. But the thing I could definitely see out of the whole this whole creature was the I can see the hair going all the way from the head and it was going right all the way down the shoulders, and I can see part of the arms, and the arms were going down into the shadows where I couldn't see the full length of the arms. I could see the individual hairs all coming all the way down to around its shoulders and uh, and it was either gonna be it was definitely short haired type of things. I see the individual hairs, but it wasn't like long hair. I didn't see any long hairs coming from the like the arms or anything. But I could see the actual individual hairs on the shoulders. And the one thing I did notice it was definitely it was quite a bit wider than me, so I knew it was quite a bit bigger, but still at this time and this and this was going on this for about three seconds. When I decided to start blasting away, I just started, Uh. I started just going bang bang bang bang bang. After after I yelled out, there was the other team and I just yelled out the top of my lump. So basically I was I wasn't even at this time, I was just it was just the other team to me, just that one, just the one.
Speaker 2: Different dn't registered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hadn't rested my mind. Just even though I could definitely see there's something was definitely wrong, I was still set on just my my drum was going because I wanted to I just wanted to shoot the other team. So now I'm just banging my fingers away, banging away. And then now at that point, the other two that were sitting on the on that dirt mound, they stood up, and then I knew, I knew that there's something wrong. I was okay, something was definitely not right yet because they anyways, but they all those two got up, and then you all just turned around, all three of them. They just started leaping away from me, back going a heading towards the hills and towards that little residential neighborhood ways away, and I can see they're just leaping. They were leaping through the room, through the tall grass. So at this time, now now I go into kind of a shock because the only thing that was coming out of my mouth at that point, I just started yelling out deer. I just started yelling deer for whatever, you know, just because I can only think of the reason I was doing because of the way they're leaping, leaking through the grass, knowing that these were definitely not deer because they are on two legs for sure, just there. They are definitely human form. And but at the same time, I definitely didn't I didn't. I didn't think of them as being human either, you know, so it was definitely gonna be between a human and whatever whatever it was. At this time in my mind, I just I just couldn't register what was going on. I was confused, and I'm just yelling deer now. I was yelling that so loud too. It's like my brother can hear me from the other from way back in the apartment complex, because like I said, my brother. And then they got scared anyways, and they retreated back into the apartment complex. But when they heard me rowing, I think they're pretty they're afraid of what was happening to me. They they probably were trade Later on, of course, they said they were afraid that maybe that those bigfoots were attacking me or whatever. So they came running across the field from the apartment complex, and uh, well, yeah, let's go, let's keep moving. Before brows at anyway, So I can still see these figures there, like you said, they're they're already they're leaping away from me. And then of course I stopped shooting eventually then, but I can still see them. They'll be looking at him. They actually slowed down, they just came become more like a like a faster walk. But they're just with you know, with wide strides, I guess it'd say. And I can see them looking back at me. They're they just turned their upper torsos. They're just they're just looked back at me, you know, these big figures. And uh so I was still confused. I was just like I could do what I was looking at. I didn't want to believe in bit because I just I just didn't. I just didn't want to think of them because I didn't I didn't know anything about me but except stories and stuff. But meanwhile, my sister and her boyfriend finally were standing next to me, which I didn't even notice until later, and they can still they can see these stubish as well, but they are still three far away. They were probably about fifty or sixty yards away, no matter what, maybe you know, one hundred pet or whatever. But but we could see them. We were watching him, and uh so my sister and her boyfriend. They definitely could not identify them as being bigfoot at all because as far as as far as what we can look at at where we were standing, they were just upright bipedal whatever pedal, uh pussons or whatever. But anyways, so meanwhile, I can hear my brother come running across the field walk. I'm right there. I'm at the fence, and I'm still confused. I'm still I'm still in shock. I guess you'd see. So I turn around, I'm holding on to the fence, and I can see my brother's team running up to the fence line. And I didn't hear him yelling something, but they didn't nothing. I couldn't hear anything until he got to me. I was probably with about ten feet from them getting to the fence, and they're running pretty fast. But all I can hear is my brother just just yell out that that they staw a big and once they said that, that's when everything totally changed in my whole life up to this point. And I mean, it's hardly even explained about how how scared a person can be. I mean because I've been scared. I've seen I've had baron counters myself when my in my old in my adulthood, I've had five different uh cross encounter basically with bears, black bears in California. So I do a lot of hiking. But but after this incident, I've never felt anything as scared as I've ever been before that incident and more after us It's one of those experiences I've never It's one thing I've never ever watered fear that pain, same fear ever ever in my life, you know. But I was so scared, I went do a deep shock and uh almost probably my heart was getting ready to just just pounce out of my chest. Just the fact that my brother said that they saw a big the name be put right there. That was it. It's just I lost almost everything and somehow I ended up on My brother told me that that I just almost pretty much just jumped over the fence. I mean as fast as I could. I just grabbed a hold, I just used my hands just and pretty much just a couple of strides up the thing and grabbed and just jump and just jump through real the side. And then and I left, I left my sister uh and her boyfriend right there, and I don't even know how how they got over, but you on your only memory I had after that, uh once he said, big put case, I weren't Tony blank. I didn't even know what I was doing. All I know is that I see I remember being about halfway down the field of the of the of the soccer field, and I think I got to the other side and I just, uh, I just fell to my knees. Finally, I fell on my knees because I can see my hands and everything, and I remember rubbing my rubbing my eyes. I had tears just coming out of my eyes like crazy because I was That's how scared I was. I was. It was the worst thing. I was the worst thing I ever had. But when you look back, I know for a fact that they weren't. There's nothing aggressive about it that these creatures. It's just that I had this thought of a big foot being just a folklore monster or whatever. You know. It was just something that I so basically, my my fear only came out of what what I thought happened, you know, not what what what is gonna happen later. I mean, I was just told to fear what I what I thought could have could have actually really happened, that they really wanted to do something, Jimmy, you know, yeah, So like I said, I was it was just it was the most scared thing that the ever had my whole life. And it's and I and I never had anything that scary. Matter of fact, every time I've had any kind of bulb any encountered any kind of Like I said, the bears are the only the only thing that I've ever came close to that could have resembled any kind of fear. But with with the blackbirds in California after that incident, everything it just pales compared to compared to that feenie I had. So to me, looking at a bear, it was like was like nothing to me. You know, It's just I just felt I felt at ease because at least I know what a bear is, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So did you lose that feeling of fear as you got older or did it stay with.
Speaker 1: You as far as that whole situation. I actually I've actually come to the terms of goal that that whole situation, that fear lasted for for at least weeks. Upon that I didn't even want to go outside at night at all for quite a while. But when time goes by, you know, a couple months goes by. We end up living in Wayrika anyways, and we went to high school there, and we actually stayed in that town for about five or six years. You know, we lived around the areas we still moved from, like Trainer Park to train the Park and all as stuff, you know, in the apartment complexes and everything else. But we still lived in the area. And there's those little community towns within, uh you know, five ten miles away that we actually moved out, like farm Farm Country area too, but still way Rika was our main hub and went to high school there for a couple of years. Yes, So, like I said, the the fear actually kind of up because we met up with other friends up after that. After that time though, we we had a couple of other friends that we actually were hiking up in the mountains with ourselves. We can hike up from right apartment complex we were at, there's a cyber event on the south side, goes right up to the cemetery and it's only a couple of blocks away and it goes right into up to just before you go into the mountains. All you had group. All you gotta do is walk through the cemetery and you just jump over a little fence right there and you can and there's a there's a pathway that just goes right up to up to the top of the to the grade, and it's about it comes up to about a two hundred ft elevation game by the time you get to the top of the ridge up there. But then you can just walk towards the north on the top of that mountain up there, and then can there's an overlook you can overlook and you can see the whole town and we can see the I can see the where you can see the apartment complex, and you see the school and everything right where we were at. You know, it looks like a bunch of little ants and stuff looking at it from where we're at. But you can also see the freeway, you can see the I five, and you can see the rest of the town right right next to it. And you can also see Mount Shasta. Mount Shasta's only about thirty miles to the southeast of town up on the ridge that you can see that pretty good. And it's kind of flat up there anyways, everything east of town, and everything is kind of a flat more flat. There's no mountains you can see except for that, except for that Mount Shasta, and so you know, beam up there. We were up there about a couple of years after, you know, after this happened. So and I felt comfortable being up in the mountains anyways, because we do a lot of hiking and camping anyways. But but standing up on that ridge, you can, I can know, I just me and my brother would just imagine how the what the bigfoot we're looking at? Yeah, you know, And and of course they they must have been doing this kind of stuff for years, maybe not going into town all the time whatever. Be like, I still haven't planning saying that they'd go down on the outskirts of town like that. But but it definitely happened to us, you know, for whatever reason. And like I said, I believe that these were probe juveniles and they're probably curious, and of course they know what the screw is. So I'm sure they've been up there on that top of the ridge looking down on the They know that there's kids that play in that playground all the time. M hm, So they knew the path, so they probably wanted that same exact path where to get to get over at least towards that side of the screw. I don't know where they are hanging out anywhere past that screw or not going into town, because right there, about a block or two arrays right there, there's an alley behind those there's like a bunch of stores and restaurants and stuff. There's an alley where they got these big bends, big trash bands where they throw away own food and stuff. Like don't like, there's a doughnut shop there. They throw food away, you know, like they old doughts or whatever. They got a pizza place over there. So and this is just pure theory that you know that they might have just went down there to be looking to the trash cans or whatever. But that's just my my own personal theory.
Speaker 2: Uh. I would I would say that's a pretty solid theory. Actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the thing was, like I said, it was, there was a drought going off. So that's the reason why that even even I brought that up, because even while we were even while we were there, even afterwards, we we already we we even knew, we already knew reports of uh of other wildlife coming down into town that that normally room come down in town. Like there's a lot of deer would come down for sure. Uh, coyones were known to come down and uh uh and what over else you know up there, you know, but mostly dear stuff that you normally wouldn't see come down in town like that. But so yeah, so we'd heard a report about like that, So I kind of fear the manu those those even if those creatures coming down, they're probably trying to figure out a way to eat also, you know, find something, you know, so that especially when I'm not with that, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, so where I live in Oklahoma, stories of bigfoot coming into towns, you know, areas like you're talking about that's just like kind of on the edge of town where it dumps out into the wilderness or whatever, and them coming in and raiding dumpsters, hanging around schools, being seen by kids at school playing baseball like you're right there on the baseball. I mean, everything that you're talking about, even down to the cemetery, are like common things that people tell stories about in com are even bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's uh to and even to this day, I even me and my well freak, well, me and my brother. We once this happened, we talked, We talked about it probably within that year, but then we just stopped talking about it all together. After that, you know, we just decided, okay, that was it. And then over the years we never really talked about it. But you know, we always, uh we were pretty sy about telling people was we were shy kids. We were always moving around, so we didn't have any friends. We just had to make friends every time we moved, so so we ended up being kind of shy until we moved around so much and go different schools.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna ask you, like, did you, you know, being kids and all, did you talk to other kids about it later on?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, no, after this incident. Uh even we were back back at that time when I was going through my uh my, my episode, when I was in the middle of that field at night, you know, eight or nine or not. That night, we sat around, we just sat around in a circle. Eventually after I because I was in shock for so, I was in shock so bad that I couldn't even lunch and I couldn't even I couldn't even really speak of anything for about a half an hour to forty five minutes later, So we decided to sit around and I'm of course, I'm facing in the circle. I'm looking, I'm facing towards the fence because I'm just that's because I'm only had the most traumatic traumatic out of all of us. I had the worst aout all of us. So so we started talking about instantly, we compared stories with each other. Of course I was the last one to finally get to say something, because you know, I was able to finally say something. But then we came to the conclusion that what that. The two brothers, the two other brothers, they suggested that we just we should go to the police department. Right, yeah, well, me and my brother already this is already, this is already probably an hour into already, what are what happened? So the situation was already done with. And besides that, me and my brother, we were so soft spoken ourselves anyways, and we and like I said, we don't like any confrontational type of situation. We don't like going to the police for just bandom stuff like that. Especially you've been to go to the police department and you know, telling them that we just saw three big foots playing in the playground. You know it's this It ain't gonna happen for us because we had Me and my brother has enough sense that first of all, we just got to that town within just days, within three days to a week, whatever it was, it was pretty it was a pretty quick evolution that happened. But for us to show up in the town where nobody knows us and then here we are telling, telling, talking about a big foot story. We you know, me and my brother just don't want to have that type of a tension.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not starting out great.
Speaker 1: Well at all. So and me and my brother eve at fifteen, we had a lot of common sense, and we purpose talked to the other brothers too. It wasn't that it wasn't that hard to talk to them, just say, hey, it's it's not worth it. You're just gonna all you're gonna do is a bye, all of this to be ridiculed, basically. So that's and that's basically what happened. We just all decided, okay, yeah we're not We're not gonna say anything. That's it. And then with those two brothers, what's funny about them is that we like said when we need were for a few days at that point in time, and we also went to school with them in high school. But after that night we once we once they were a home and we went back to our into the apartment and stuff. We never hooked back up with these guys again. We just we seen them. We weren't we weren't animals. We were actually we were still a friendly to him and stuff, but we didn't we didn't become like best friends with them at all. Yeah, and we never talked to him about the situation. Resist for whatever reason, we just once we separated, the bigfoot kind of thing just stopped. We just didn't talk about it. We didn't definitely talk about it while we were in school and and anybody else, except when we didn't go back to the apartment complex that night. We tried to tell my aunt about what was going on. Her and her boyfriend decided they were just laughing at us, basically, you know, just joking. I wouldn't say flat out laughing, but there they knew that. They just thought it was just the fact that we just showed up and that we're just seeing things or whatever, you know, that's all the So they were definitely a they they definitely didn't leave our story at that particular time. So yeah, so and when, like I said, matter of fact, we didn't even I didn't even tell anybody about our story. Like over twenty something years later, basically, uh, me and my brother both started working on the the ships we started working we were merchant mariners for twenty five years and anyways, we were working on the ships, and that's when I first my brother did it was even less pocket than myself. You know, I was the most boisterous out of all, out of me and him, I was I'm the one always like to talk little bit, but even though I'm still I'm still very reserved and that very shy, but I'm just a little bit more vocal than my brother. Basically is where I get that point. But I ended up telling her I was working on a boat with it, and I had a captain who I told the story to you, and he was the first person. And I was about I was probably about thirty, I want to say, I was probably about five or thirty six, I think when I when I told him that story years later, yeah, you know, and then the only sad thing about the only bad thing about that was that my captain. You know, he's one of those guys that just he loves stories and he likes to joke around. He likes to talk a lot. I mean, he he we were talking in personally that subject he came up because he lived he lives that in Tahoe, and he was telling me about a lot of his bearer encounters and all that stuff. And then, for whatever reason, I decided to feel comfortable and to say, well, I got a story to tell you about Bigfoot. And he was and he seemed to be very imbaressed about it, right yeah, And I'm telling him the exact same story that I'm telling you. And at the end of that story, he was pretty excited about it, and he and he and he related to me that he that he beat me. But later on I found out that he was even though if he believed me in art even to this day, I don't know if he believed it, but he knew, he knew how much of an honest person I was. So I just can't believe that he'd even think that I wasn't telling him the truth, you know, I just I worked with him for about fifteen years, but basically he would always he would be telling the story, the same story, or he would tell a story every time a new person would come in, like a new maid or new deckhand would come in, and I was always there for I was there for a long time myself. He would always have them go ask me to tell them about the Bigfoot story. I didn't like that because I already I already felt very self conscious about telling that story, because it's even to this day, it's embarrassing to tell the story, and just just to normal people, you know, I don't like telling It's just it's an embarrassing subject just because you know they're going to look at you kind of kind of weird, you know. So yeah, So basically, so I had to tell my story quite a few different times, or at least a few different times. So I kept telling my cap I don't want to I don't want him to be kept keep telling people, you know that I've got, you know, this brutus story, because it's just I don't want to have to deal with all that stuff, you know. So that's basically it. But but then now we jump up all the until just uh, basically this just this last January, that's the only time. That's the first time i'd actually became more. I actually started telling everybody on Facebook all because I joined all these groups. I didn't realize that that Facebook had all these uh bigfoot groups, uh pages. So I started looking into all that stuff, and then I started I joined about a half or not to happen, I actually it doesn't. I pick out twelve different I didn't want to just join every one of them. I just joined like the twelve of the most rate, top rated ones. I could see they had the most followers, you know, and uh, so I just started joining all of them. Then I then I decided to do a word a word processing where I just wrote out my whole story so that way I would have to repeat the same thing, so I can just go and cut and paste that into the posts. You know, it's it, So I just so I just do it one time. All I do is just cut and paste my saying story to all the all those twenty four groups that I did. And not all of those posts accepted my my stories because they some of those posts they don't allow certain types of stuff, I guess, but the majority of them, majority of my of those groups that I did actually posted my stove. So and only like a day after that posting, which is like basically why on January January first, is right? It was the first time I posted, and that was the very first day when I got my first person that came that that contacted me about a podcast want me to be on their podcast station. At this point, I didn't I did not even I didn't even know what a podcast was. I didn't know what a podcast station was. I didn't know anything about a podcast. The only thing I don't even talking about what I didn't even know what the nerve. I didn't even know the term podcast. But I knew Joe like Joe Rogan, which I watched here, but I didn't know that was a podcast, which I didn't know that. I just know I've watched like Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: I mean, you jumped right into the deep end.
Speaker 1: Everything happened. So it was it was crazy because I got Linda eastbourn Is is the first person that that got to hold me. And I don't know if you know her or not, but she's she's a researcher herself, but she goes by her name that but she's a podcaster, so it doesn't have like a regular title for her pod cast, it's just her name. Yeah, so she got she contact moved. I'm going okay. I had to ask her what it pot would have meant? But what was it? What was a podcast? Right? So so so I didn't know what it was. And then she told, yes, she's she told me where she was, what she's all about, and see, uh, you know, she broadcasts her stuff on the YouTube and everything. Because even YouTube I didn't realize had all those podcasts on it, you know. And I and since then, of course, I've been I've just been I've been infatuated with with YouTube. That's my main channel, and I've been watching and tools tons of bigfoot uh you know, documentary type stuff and podcasts like I said, like and like you said earlier, it was I just jumped myself into not realizing what was going to follow after that, because I ended up doing You're my eighth my eighth podcast so forth this point, you know, in seven months since January, and then of course one of those podcasts, I uh, I actually had to me and my brother traveled to a to a It wasn't that far. Why it's a couple hours away from us. Well, Santa Cruz. There's a radio station and apparently that's ah they do the nighttime program and it's a It's Natural podcast. So we actually went there and this time listened to my first time that my brother was actually on with me. So now we both were there. So at least the nice one with my brother is that that he can actually he was my witness as well, so he was able to balidate exactly everything I was saying. But but of course his his you know, his take on what he saw was was at a different vantage point from where I was at, which which actually which actually gives a lot more credibility to the whole story. Anyways, you know, because because of course it's me and my brother. Listen, me and my brother was on that fence line right next to each other, and we see the same thing, and basically we're just boasts telling the same exact story.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's all that.
Speaker 1: But now that my brother rays involved and you know, to be able to you know, validate my my story too, and he will tell his part of the story. It all ties into both of our stories. Basically, it all is the same. It's the same. It was the same encounter, even though my encounter was the one that was the more frightening part of it.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I was going to ask you, with you being the more talkative one, how he felt about you coming forward and sharing the encounter. Has he been supportive and everything?
Speaker 1: Well, he was definitely supportive of He's kind of embarrassing because after I got on and did all these podcasts and stuff, because we will do door dashing together right together. He does his door dash and I do my door dash. And we lived in a section and town where we had like a it's a small it's a small community area. We've got all these we got like pizza places, we got all these different places that and then everybody's gotten the nose pretty good. You know, we got our people, the store owners, I mean actually actually become pretty uh people recognize us and and they know our names. You're pretty good. So you know, and now that I know these people by name when I go when I started doing my podcast and stuff, now I'm starting to brag to everybody about my podcast. You know, I've been on podcasts, I've been doing this and then uh, you know, going to the Santa Cruz. I've also told them about me going to Seattle to be on a you know, on this uh uh, this show that's gonna be broadcast here and whatever. Next year sometime we'll do the documentary. But now we're almost kind of becoming like a like a like a local celebrity type of situation. You know, as I go to this restaurant, to a family restaurant with an owner, he comes. I walk in there, and he when I first told him about us, you know about these podcasts of he you know, he got really into it. And then now when I was going in there, at first, he was getting me to guys and to go to all these customers. He'd be walking into the customers to shake their hands and stuff. This is the guy that I told you about that was that uh that saw Bigfoot, you know, I mean it was embarrassing. I was still embarrassed. I didn't want that. I didn't want that type of attention, especially because a big put because then then a crowd of people in a restaurant, and I don't like crowds anyways. And and and now now we're gonna go back to talking about my brother. My brother was even it's definitely not hip with being a center of attention whatsoever. And he's he was embarrassed. But but the cat was already out of the bag, you know, and and there's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but but now he's become more more into because now people are starting to they I tell him about all these different podcasts that have been on, and I talk about a little bit more, but not in groups. I don't like cocking in groups, and I get embarrassed and I know there's too many people around, and you know, so I don't want that kind of attention. I don't want to be known as a celebrity either. I don't want that type of atmosphere. I just want to just I just want to, you know, be just a normal person.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you are a normal person. You're just part of a very uh select few that have witnessed bigfoot and uh, you're you're becoming the bigfoot guy of your community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I seem started to back my mind, you know, I'm mis thinking. Okay, I hope that people aren't looking at you. It's like I'm a you know, you know, a crazy person, I guess, but but yeah, but people know this, you know that they don't know as personally as far as our own what we do in our lives or anything. But they do know. It's because we go into the restaurants and stuff to get the gor dash food and oasta. But you know, so don't They don't really notice our personal level as far as are where we live and all that stuff. But but they knew our personalities and they know that who we are as me and my brother together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the through respect this one that was you know, and your brother went with you, I assume for the television show deal, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and that was that was the God God sends for me too, because you know, because it's one thing if you got one person that has experienced the uh uh, you know, an encounter or whatever, because that's and all that comes out to me is your own story. I mean, you don't have anything to back. You don't have any kind of collaborations of any kind. You know, you don't have validation, you don't have anybody to help the firm what you got. So so they particularly like that. The producers really really predictably, they loved our story because of the fact that we were of course twins. For one thing, because when they're asking me questions about about my about the very first thing through rule. But we're both actually and we both had our own interviews separately, so that's gonna be all tied into the to the episode because they're going to be doing a lot of editing. But so mine came up first, and all they wanted we would do for the first half an hour or even an hour, is to ask me what I felt about my brother, you know, tell me about Ray. Tell me about Ray. And I would start talking about Ray, and then I'll start kind of drifting off a little bit more and drift on me and started sort of talking about something else that made it to the big book, right, and then they're they're really moved back in and then they say, oh, yeah, so tell me about Ray. They did this about two or there different times, and you know, and and then I said, but Outdoor grew last to me that you know, they're very friendly, but they definitely calmed me down. The way they were talking to me. We're just talking like just normal people, you know. Just I felt I felt very comfortable with me, and the lady that was the the one doing the talking for me with me asked me the questions and stuff. This is funny. I just got to kind of laughing and said, okay, so we're talking about my brother, you know. But I didn't realize that they were just trying to gather as much information different things so they can start blending stuff together. And then of course it started, and then I started doing the it's nicely. They just asked me questions about different parts of my story and stuff, and I pretty much told the whole story of the summer. It was like stop every once in a while, like let's say the airplane by, we'd have to stop so we're on a break and or continue my story. But then they then they'd go down and then we want to talk about my childhood. We kind of booked around a lot to the story, but eventually I did tell the whole story. It's just that they're gonna be blending everything together. We're all flows in the one and that includes my cot so that includes my brother, you know. So and there's definitely a lot of that. They definitely brought more of a personality out of both me and my brother, because there's usually things that I usually say is more of a joking manner that I'd usually saved trends and stuff, you know, And I was not loose where I can. Actually I had a lot of pretty good comic type of the atmosphere going on the times, if my stories and stuff, you know, my analogy of what was going on. And then when they got my brother, even be though they got my brother, so my brother was coming up next after after my I I even warned him, I said, okay, this is it. My brother only has my My brother only has like media maybe a five minute discussion at the most, because first of all, he doesn't like to talk anyways. And my brother, as far as he was concerned, all he wanted to do is just just basically just say, hey, I seen three bigfoots coming from my right hand side and the last time I seen him on my left hand side. And that was it. That's what my brother just wanted to say, kind of like in that in that aspect of it all, you know, I said that you're probably you know my my interview with these with the production was a about two hours or so now that and I had to wonder them and I told because I you know, my crew was laid out the line about my brother being a lot more reserved and shy than I am, even though we're both shy. I was was always saying I had like one or two friends at the most at any given time, and we both had that. We both shared the same friends, you know, so we we didn't like big groups. So uh yes, So then so I already wanted him. I say, you're probably you're probably the best of you didn't probably get out of and then maybe half an hour if you pull it out of him. But then I was totally surprised because once once in my interview ended, Uh, they had to, they needed to take a break. Anyway, as they came out, they told Ray, we're gonna get back to you by another twenty minutes. So allowed me enough time to talk to my brother and just say, hey, that's because my brother's already nervous. He didn't he really didn't even want to be there. Okay, so here's the He's like I said, he wanted to get in and out of there as quickly as possible, and he was already mad because it took so long. And now that I'm done, here's really now that I'm relieved that the whole thing was over for myself. Now he knew that he had to come up and start talking that he didn't, and he was very reserved. But I told him I had to relax him and tell him, hey, it's not what you think. These people. These people are actually very it's just like you're talking to and they're just gonna be I told him that they're just gonna be bouncing around, They're gonna just be asking me questions, so you didn't have to worry about just just going and start talking like I do. Like like a story. I just told you, I went through the whole my whole story, and the whole process of the story without being interrupted, of course. But but with that production team, they just boust around and they just asked me questions and stuff. Yeah, and that's and I called my brother down and by the time he got out, his took almost as long as his interview took as long as my interview did. And I don't know exactly what how much information they get out of because his part of the story was only a matter of just just to you know, like I said, only a couple of minutes, you know. So I was very surprised that they got, is it, whatever information they got, they really did. They wanted to find out a whole bunch of our family without bringing as well, which I came round to that also, so my brother had to tie into you know, whatever he can remember of our childhood and anything after the fact and won't get through a living and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I kind of have an advantage as a podcast host whenever I talk to guests and stuff and correspond with them a little bit, and you know, sometimes you know, it goes even further after the podcast, you know, I become friends with them and talk to them on a regular basis, and you get to know the people, and the people that have these experiences, have stories, they have backgrounds, they're normal people, you know, and a lot of times people just hear the Bigfoot story and that's it, and then they make their judgments going off the story without actually knowing the person. So hopefully this TV show will paint a picture of who you and your brother are as people you know, and where you came from and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I believe so. Like I said, even with all this sorts of the thing I've done, and I've only done any of the major resource, uh the research I've done, It's just been the last seven months and I didn't even know where that the Patterson Gimman film site was even at I know where the area is at because I've been up there lots of times. I've been through uh Willow Creek, I've been on a motorcycle ride and stuff, and but I didn't realize that that's where the that Giveman firm set was located. And and being that close, and then I also guarantee you that even with all this other stuff going on, I can almost guarantee you that there's probably I mean, who knows one hundred thousands more people that that that that have stories but just choose not to tell the story because of they might be people like Moon that don't want to be ridly cuted, you know, yeah, you know, and most and most of those people are the people that live in the outskirts of town. Basically, they're not they're not gonna didn't people are not gonna see a big foot walking down the main drag or anything. So they're not living near and close to the mountain ranges or whatever, you know, somewhere where the big Brits can hide, you know, based on farm land and stuff. You know, you hear a lot about that too. But most of those people are pretty logical people. I mean, they're just they seen something for sure, you know. And and those people do that a little of them and are planted in certain areas that see these bigfoot they see they seen the same group of bigfoots all the time. This is you know. I always thought that when you see a bigfoot that that was probably given me the last time you see it. It's just a one time deal, you know, which is what happened to me. I didn't realize that those people that are living along the edges of the of the of the wilderness, that that that frequently frequently see these same creatures, you know, like the same family of creatures, you know, sewing up on their properties and stuff, and they have multiple sidings and encounters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean interactions or what I call interactions where you've got certain situations where somebody lives somewhere just in the right spot, and bigfoot comes on their property or crosses through their property every now and then, and they realize that the bigfoot aren't a threat, just like you did. And the bigfoot more importantly realizes that person isn't a threat. Uh yeah. There's sightings and encounters that go on for years and years, sometimes multiple generations in one family.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's just it's crazy. Even and even like I said, I even found out of course that that that that that that community or the county that I live in has has the most amount of UH reports of bigfoot out of the whole state of California, well basically whole Mountain Range basically has the most amount of the reporting of bigfoots. And some are pretty recent big plusses. One's running in the Marble Mountains, which is actually the closer than the Passer. I don't know if you've seen that one with a boy Scout. The boy Scouts seen the Bigfoot. They're just not very long ago.
Speaker 2: It's all yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen that. Have you seen there's a video out there that's pretty popular, or at least it used to be years ago of uh. I believe it's in Russia. They're they're speaking a language that sounds Russian or Eastern European of some kind, and they just show a bigfoot or what's supposed to be a bigfoot, but it's jumping like you were talking about. It's like leaping from right to left through the woods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that particularly, I can't I can't recall if I've seen that one. Or not, because I've been watching so many of many ways. Yeah, but I've definitely seen ones like you're explaining. I've definitely seen something.
Speaker 2: I'll send you a copy of it because I want to. I want to hear your opinion on it. Okay, yeah, yeah, definitely, because you are the first person that I've ever talked to that described them leaping.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I realized that either, you know, it's just it was just weird. Yeah, of course I attributed that to the fact that they're just leaping over the taller grass and stuff anyway, so it's stuck out be a normal thing that maybe other people might have seen too. I just I didn't really think about what other people, you know, other stories about how they.
Speaker 2: Well everybody has different encounters, you know, so that that's fine. I mean, it's just interesting. I definitely want to get your opinion on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And of course, and some people get have that that real bad smell of a big putting everything, which I didn't encounter, you know, and the different things like there's no eye shine, no, no no croaking. It was just to me, I look at it. It's definitely a a flesh of blood creature is what I looked at it as you know, as normal as you and I is what I experienced. I mean, I'm not saying that, and I'm not down play anybody else's experience, even when it comes to UFOs and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if I could give you a bit of advice, as somebody that's been around for a really long time in the Bigfoot community or whatever you want to call it, don't get caught up in all that stuff. You know, you know what your encounter was, and that's the information that you have to add to the puzzle. And people can take it as they want, you know, if they want to argue that that's not how it really happened and you're wrong about this, and you know, like it's easy to get caught up in all that. And I sincerely hope that doesn't happen with you, or.
Speaker 1: It doesn't at all, because even on my Facebook, I would I talk to people on a dipper groups or anything, and and you're always getting people that are just trying to debate me, you know, I always I just pretty much shut them down right away. I just say first I just say, first of all, I'm not really I'm already well past the debating stage of my situation because I'm already a nowherre anyways. And first of all, and I'm not looking for somebody else to validate what I know exists myself. I've already got all that stuff. And I'm not even I'm not even trying to condense anybody. I'm just trying to I just tell my story as it goes. And I also tell them that really the uh uh, the debunking really falls upon those you know that are trying to find the truth themselves or even you know, you know. That's basically where I look at it. It's their responsibility to try to find the truth. It's not my responsibility. I like I said at the same time, with you tell me that when you tell a me, you know, and it's just just just give them my story. And that's all I can do, you know, That's all I either way. But this is the first time my story has been is actually public. It's it's public now, it's public knowledge, it's recorded because I did the bf R O just last week. I submitted my whole claim. I did the whole word processing thing and and ould story and everything, and that's that's still under review. And all this stuff that's gonna take probably months before it gets posted on the bfr BFRO website. And then you know, they and and and it goes from county and it will go all the way down to all the counties in California. For where is what state? I pushed on anyways? But so yeah, so what my story is just another record as far as we're ore, you know, and and it gives it's just another place where they could put a little period on on a map showing that there's a siding you know, whost all the hundreds of thousands of other uh sighting side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the grand scheme of things, yes, but for you it's something much more. It's much more than a pinpoint.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for me for sure, I, like I said, Yeah, besides that, like I said, he'd just given my report and every thing. But at least that's adding to it. But I also I've got grandkids too, you know. And I when I did, you know, even before I even started talking to you right now, you know, I didn't mention that I actually the first thing I did was write a book. I wrote a book of my story and I published it every since then, I actually dropped it after a couple of months because I wasn't making any money off of the news. But I did. I wrote a book and it published, and I got copies where I just I said, I gave a I autographed it for my grandkids, you know, and I had a couple from my my sons and stuff. So if everything else I ever told my sons, even if they don't believe me or not, I want my grandkids and I want them to know at least know who I am, at least what basically that I did, you know, certain things I did when I was growing up. Whether they think it's true or not, it doesn't matter. But either ways, if they do come up with the truth anytime during their lifetime, if they do discover Bigfoot, at least they know that that that you know, they said their grandfather, which be me, They're gonna they're gonna say, hey, yeah, my my grandfather was was was one of the Bigfoot knowers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, you know, But any ways, it's a good story. Even if you don't even if you don't believe that story, it's it's still a good story. It's hard to even believed that all those circumstances that was evolved in this situation that I can't believe it either. You have three big poots and you have three different three people on each side of the teams all the way from that point and then and then the point where my sister and her boyfriend decided to go crawling out in the grass and then left move there, visualizing just two other figures sitting there. I just can't believe how that even happened. I didn't even see them come up, and they got themselves in that position, the bridge place, those two of the big person are sitting there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Whenever I was a researcher and used to go out in the field looking for these things, we used to talk about how nothing is perfect, and sometimes these things make mistakes, sometimes they slip up. And I believe that that night they slipped up there. There was no anticipation of six kids hiding out in the dark. There was you know, they didn't know that y'all were out there playing guns or whatever and hiding along that fence line, and they just slipped up.
Speaker 1: Well, And the thinking was that they're probably on that same path, they probably been through that same path where they're headed, what they were walking through that through many if they did many other times or whatever, The fact is, we trapped them. Yeah, matter of fact, now you just mentioned that, this is the first time I ever thought about that. I didn't think that we actually trapped them in between. We were we're basically out each trapped them. We were on each side of their their pathways.
Speaker 2: I mean, which other direction could they go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they couldn't. Yeah, I think, of course, I didn't think about the aspect of us actually trapping them where they were at, because because my team went around the other side of the school anyways on the street and went and kme got way, so that if there's those big foods were probably right there hiding right there on the side of the of the of the school.
Speaker 2: Anyways where there aren't any lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's no lights right there. So when we ran past them, probably in front of that screw and went around the other side, getting over to the fart of the side of the through, we were actually in trapping them, being being my other team being on the other side over at the apartments right in between, and they had to walk in between us.
Speaker 2: If they knew you were there, before they saw you, or before you saw them. Rather, they probably thought, give them some time, they'll leave out of the area or whatever. It's nighttime. Kids aren't here at nighttime, and they thought you had left the area because you guys hunkered down and hid and got quiet, you know.
Speaker 1: And even at the point when they when they when they were looking at me, when I was right there at the fence line, right there, they probably they even probably knew that I wasn't like a food grown man either, you know. Oh for sure, probably had since that we were just we're not like like kid's kids, you know, these young kids, but they probably had a feeling that we weren't not that we definitely weren't no a threat because we're pretty They were pretty quiet anyways, for one pain, But I guarantee you that those two that were sitting there definitely knew where I was at, especially with me whispering back at him trying to tell them to be quiet, you know.
Speaker 2: But then you also have the the variable of your sister and her boyfriend hiding off in the grass, giggling and cutting up with one another, and they may not have seen them, They may not have had their location. They might have been younger than the other ones. The other ones might have the one that ran up on you might have been the one in charge though, I mean they could have been too juveniles with an adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where that's what kind of like where look at two? Is that that that was? I know that was definitely the more the aggressor of the of the three, even though it was so many aggression, It's just is the one that was more in charge? It looked like to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot to unpack with your encounter, a lot.
Speaker 1: Blinya, even even to this day, although all through the years I've written my own journalist anyway, So that's why I remember everybody's names and stuff. I remember the two brothers names. I remember my sister's boyfriend's name. But now my brother he can't remember any of their names. Because this this this situation didn't dramatize. It seemed like it did me, And so I kept a lot of this information that I moved because I was always thinking about it throughout the years. And I've written journals myself without showing you. I didn't sew anybody, even my brother. I just swooth I might need showing this and That's why that's what I used to actually helped write my book as well as I just went through my journals and stuff and then and and remembering, and then we were reading that stuff, You're just remembering every detail you know that's going on. And so that's where I'm at with that too. You know, it's it's just a crazy deal.
Speaker 2: And if you have had your own encounter with Bigfoot and you'd like to share your story on the podcast, email me at Bigfoot Crossroad at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.
Speaker 1: U