Speaker 1: Morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, being brought to you by Arnold Moore and you can't be funeral home from trii County Tech. We have Champagne Kine with is today and you've got a lot to smile about, young lady. Lots of good things happening at Tri County Tech's foundation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we've had the best here yet and I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Let's start off with the golf tournament, because my goodness sakes, that was a whopper.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So last time I was here, we were just getting ready to have that event, and so we completed that in October and we raised thirty four five hundred dollars. So we're very proud of that.
Speaker 4: Well, very good, very successful.
Speaker 2: Goodness sakes, lots of great sponsors, a lot of good people that shined up and played and put down the money and just had fun.
Speaker 3: We couldn't have done it without our sponsors, of course, and that was a sense an ascension Saint John's Harvest Truity.
Speaker 4: Who else did we have your culture coach? And then be okay. Financial Wow.
Speaker 2: So we had a good time and we had some good folks out there helping us out too. I just saw you recently at Celebrate Giving and that was a wonderful event. That's a good place to be seen.
Speaker 4: I was going to bring that up too.
Speaker 3: Yes, we ran into each other last week and it's fun to get out in the community, connect with other nonprofits, make sure everybody knows who we are and what we do.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my goodness. Thanks. We get some great news. What did we do last year?
Speaker 4: How did we do last year?
Speaker 3: We finished out contributing about two hundred and twenty one thousand dollars towards tuition and then emergency aid and food assistance in robotics. So wow, be great, and I think this year right on track for that. We're wrapping up our numbers, will wrap those up in December and announce them in January.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 2: And you see the things like the golf tournament endowments and other things like that, and your Financial Gift School a long way to help our students here locally.
Speaker 1: We've got some big news.
Speaker 2: We kind of jumped the gun a little bit and we announced it yesterday about how the new Emerald Endowment prom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the aural indowment from Beast. Yes, their family has been so generous. You know, they have been in Bartisville for a while. He came here as an immigrants with his wife and his children in a couple of suitcases, and he's established business in Bartisville. He loves Bartisville, he loves America, he loves education, and they're just a very generous family and we were very grateful to be to be rewarded with memory gifts.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, those things go a long way. And of course I can't think of a better couple to remember, you know, because they were just so hooked into our community and.
Speaker 1: Everybody just loved him. We still do. But if you have.
Speaker 2: A wish later on down the road, folks, to maybe create a gift that keeps on giving an endowment, it's a pretty good thing to think.
Speaker 1: About, is Yeah.
Speaker 3: Endowments are unique in that we don't touch the principal gift. We just save that money and then we draw interest on it, and so your gift will go in perpetuity. We've been around for fifty five years, We're not going anywhere, so we'll be drawing interest off of this gift for another lifetime and it'll be providing assistance to students every year.
Speaker 2: Well that's great. All people have to do is get a hold of you through the website or even just give you a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, set up an appointment. You can explain the whole thing to them. Catch you.
Speaker 4: I'd be happy to I bet you.
Speaker 2: What what other good news do we have coming out of Craig County check out in the foundation.
Speaker 3: Well, so we were coming up on Giving Tuesday, that's our next big campaign. Wrapped up the golf tournament, launching into our end of the year campaign, so letters went out, postcards went out for IRA gifts. But Giving Tuesday is the next big push, which will be the Tuesday following Thanksgiving this year that's late December third, but we're looking forward to that. We sent set a goal of five thousand dollars to raise in twenty four hours. But this is a national Day of giving, right It follows Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and then Giving Tuesday is how that all kind of is established and we're excited to participate in that day. And so we're posting a lot on social media so that you know who we are again what we do, and then if you give on that day, that'll count towards our goal.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people who make a review of these things because they're always looking for you're in giving, and this is a great way to kind of you do good work for your community and for those who need a little help, and also maybe help yourself a little bit on your taxes as well, so it works for everyone.
Speaker 4: Involved, that's right.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of smart ways to give as well to I mentioned the IRA postcard that went out a couple of weeks ago, So anybody over seventy and a half years old who has a required minimum distribution that they have to take from their IRA can contact their administrator and have a gift given directly to the Tri County Tech Foundation, therefore avoiding taxes because they're not receiving that income. So that's a really smart way to give. If you have an IRA and you need to take a remainder gift.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's good. Covering all the bases.
Speaker 4: Lots of ways to go.
Speaker 3: There's the donor advised funds, which are growing in popularity. It's sort of like a charity savings account. You can put in that money at any time. If you need to donate to a charity, you just donate to your donor advice fund, and then you can withdraw that gift and give it to somebody at any date in the future.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's smart.
Speaker 3: There's also the simplest way to do it would be to leave us in your will or trust. Of course, another way that's really clever that most people don't think about, that cost a little at the time but has great reward is to name us as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or four oh one k, you know, twenty dollars a month here, and then there's a payout at the end of your lifetime.
Speaker 4: So that's also an easy way to do it.
Speaker 3: And that particular way avoids probate in state courts, so that's super easy as well.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, got it all covered.
Speaker 2: Col People wonder a little bit just about what the foundation covers, well a lot. You know, we're Tried County Tech. We're right here in our community. There are student needs and there are school needs, and you kind of put them all together and sort them all out.
Speaker 1: Don't you.
Speaker 3: So through the Tri County Tech it collects taxes and that's what provides for the school.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: The Foundation covers the students, so we cover tuition assistance for our adult students.
Speaker 4: Who are in need.
Speaker 3: We also cover emergency aid. So if somebody gets a flat tire and they're not able to come to school, we want to fix that for them, and we might do that in our automotive service program.
Speaker 4: So that provides our students with experience.
Speaker 3: It gets our students tire fixed so that they can stay in school. We also provide food. Of course, if you're hungry, it's hard to focus on studies. So the Foundation really wants to wrap the whole student and support in order to get them through the program so that they can be successful and go on to be contributing members of society.
Speaker 2: I've lived in this community for six years, and you know what, I have yet to meet a graduating Trick County Tech student wowed money at the.
Speaker 1: End of their time. Yes, and that is just a cool thing to say.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got an education, I've got a quality education.
Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 2: I have a much better job now than what I had before.
Speaker 1: I went to Try County Tech.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, I don't owe a soul anything anymore.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Our goal is for our students to leave debt free. We keep the cost of tuition low on purpose because we want them to come in, get skilled, and get on with their life, right. We don't want to keep them held back with student net.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I have a seventeen year old who is enrolled to Try County Tech, and she's learning how to become.
Speaker 4: A teacher teacher.
Speaker 1: And she's taking She just loves that.
Speaker 2: She says, I go to school in the morning, I go to college afternoon, and she to her that's just big thing. And and a lot of her friends who are seniors do spend their afternoons at Tricounty Tech as they try to figure out what is the next step, What am I going to do next?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Some of already going to college. Others are going into the fields of service, so like she's going to be going to RSU to become a teacher. But what she's learning right now is very valuable. It lets her know what she might be facing as an educator. And other kids are learning how to do different things along the medical field, and a few I think one of them is involved in the aviation.
Speaker 1: The drone thing. You just got going into So it's not just.
Speaker 2: Going to school, You're you're really getting some hands on out there Tricounty Tech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a unique opportunity, especially for our high school students because they could use it as career exploration. Maybe they aren't sure what they want to do.
Speaker 4: Do that, now, do that.
Speaker 3: In high school before you go to college and spend money pursuing something that once you get out in the field you realize you might not want to do. Or it does give you a leg up if you're confident in what you want to do. You can leave with certifications and credentials that help you land your next job or get into a competitive college class.
Speaker 4: So it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's right here in our backyard, folks. We're right there off No Water Road and Madison. We're just a little bit off Madison, a little bit to the east. But my goodness sakes, if you don't have a child who's involved in Trient County Tech, and if you're an adult who thinks, so maybe you can do better in life, you might want to just take a look around and see what classes are available. We have all kinds of flex classes for adults and everything kind of getting off.
Speaker 1: The path here a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's a gym and it needs to be taken care of. And the best way you can do is perhaps a giving Tuesday, make a concentrated effort, and get a hold of a champagne, and let's see if we can't keep this around another fifty five or one hundred and fifty or one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 4: Years down the road.
Speaker 1: We'll be all gone.
Speaker 2: By then, but your great great grandkids will.
Speaker 3: Still be using it, and our intowment will still be there, which is great.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 2: So it is an investment not only for yourself, not only for your kids, but for the community as a whole.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at the great employers we have here.
Speaker 2: We have everything from you know, accounting and state work and municipal work, but also we have Phillips, we have Conico Phillips, we have abb We've got new electric set up coming here in the company. We've got Blue Whale coming to town, and a whole lot of people who need workers who maybe can specialize in a few things, and sometimes when they add on, things got.
Speaker 3: To get built, that's right. We have construction programs, we have mechanical programs. We have welding programs. Of course, we have medical programs. One of our biggest and that's what started us, was a nursing so lots to offer. We love to be in on those conversations when businesses are coming to town to see how we can support the employees train them. That's part of our business development group. So anything from high school to adults looking for a career shift to businesses who need training on the job, we cover all of that.
Speaker 2: Now when it comes to the foundation, folks, is what I'm asking you, making a little bit of an appeal here. I consider this for year in giving Champagne. How do we get a hold of you to have that discussion with you on plans forgiving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the easiest thing to do probably would be to reach our website which is Tri Countytech dot EEDU. If you can remember Slash Foundation, you'll go directly to our foundation page. Can learn more about us, find out ways to give. Make a direct donation from our website. You can call me anytime and you can reach me just by calling Try County Tech and then asking for me. Lots of ways to give, we mail a check. You can come by and see me if you want to. I'm usually there. You can come by for a two where I'd be happy to show you around if you want to learn a little bit more about how your money is going to be supporting our students and what we do.
Speaker 1: Yep, great, we've.
Speaker 2: Got a great board. We need to thank goodness. They make a lot of decisions.
Speaker 3: Well there, it's a working board and I am so proud of them. They are. They show up every time we have something for them to do. They are such advocates for the foundation. We're wrapping up the year as a historic here for us and how much we've been able to raise and what we've been able to accomplish.
Speaker 4: So I feel like they deserve a shout out.
Speaker 3: So if you're listening, board, thank you for participating and supporting us.
Speaker 2: I know one or two members that are that are listening right now attentively. Yes, thanks again. Is there anything we may have forgotten that I didn't ask you about it?
Speaker 4: I think we've got it.
Speaker 3: We're just excited to wrap up this year and see you know what we can do. And yeah, well we were reporting back next year, So all right, champagne being anytime, Thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me you're welcome, folks. She's been watch enlisting to our community connection on ky