Speaker 1: As far as leather goes ten and nine says it's going to be a cloudy, breezy day to day with a high thirty two clearing up over night down to seventeen. We got a sunny day for the most part Tomorrow with a high thirty six, some rain overnight Friday with a little thirty and then a rainy day Saturday. Floodwatch at four pm and then lasts through Sunday afternoon. Saturday's high forty five. It's thirty two now and typer traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCAHIME Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: For more than two hundred years, the experts at u see Health have been giving heart patients a chance of better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust. Expect more at u see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with a couple of wrecks southbound seventy one coming out of Kenwood after Kenwood Road.
Speaker 2: They're on the right shoulder and he's found two.
Speaker 3: Seventy five I reckon seventy five in Sharonville, also on the right northbound seventy five, beginning to slow a bit into the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k r A see the dog.
Speaker 1: Station Sive KC the talk station. Always welcome Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prospered in the fifty five KRECY Morning Show, doing right by these citizens of the state of Ohio. Afpaction dot Com. I think is the website we're going to recommend. Donovan will tell us one way or another, the Donovan welcome back to talk about the Rains Act.
Speaker 4: Brian, happy to be here with you.
Speaker 2: So is this a state act?
Speaker 1: I mean we're talking about Ohio Rains Act because I know Congress from Massy's talking about the Rains Act.
Speaker 2: Least I believe it was Massy. On a federal level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is legislation that really there's no hyperbole here at sweeping the nation. States across all fifty states are introducing variations of this. It did originate and it's still active legislation in Congress. We need to get it done, Yes, send it to the President's desk. But you know, on the federal level, we got we got to clear out the economic the regulatory sludge and our economic engine. But we've got the same problems here in the states. And that's what the Rains Act House Bill eleven would do here in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Okay, and let's acknowledge there has to be a state ranks independent from hopefully we get the Federal Rains Act, because there are state regulatory entities that wouldn't be impacted by a Federal Rains Act.
Speaker 4: Correct. Correct, it's just a few years ago here in Ohio. Just to put in a perspective, because we're a red state, right we vote for Trump consistently, we've got to Republican senators with Republican super majority in Columbus or not. Well, I'll show to talk about that at the time the believe it or not. Just a few short years ago, the Mercadis Center put out a report on the regulatory burden, the index and inventory all of the regulations in all the states here and Ohio. Guess where we ranked, Brian, guess where we ranked.
Speaker 1: I'm a little afraid to guess. Probably somewhere near the bottom.
Speaker 4: Somewhere near the bottom. The only states worse than us were New York, California, and Illinois. New York, California, Illinois, Ohio, Oh my, or among the worst. So we you know, if you don't pay attention to these things, this stuff can get real bad, real quick. Even when you've got you know, conservatives are so called conservatives mining the Henhouse and Rain's Act. It puts a puts a restrainer, reins in those executive executive overreach that can cause these kinds of things to happen and get us pretty close to California and things we don't want to be close to them.
Speaker 1: In no, not at all, And it just shocks my mind that we are right behind those unbelievably left wing states. Now to people right now, Donovan and Neil for Americans for a Prosperity scratching the head going, you're talking about Rains Act. You haven't explained what it's going to do for us, which we will dive into after these brief words.
Speaker 2: So hang in there.
Speaker 1: Donovan will be right back to give us some details on what the Rains Act will accomplish here in Ohio. Are listener you or your children or maybe a child planning on going to college and maybe and it wouldn't shock me a bit to know that you might need some financial help. Emery Federal Credit Union right now is accepting scholarship applications for members. See I always talk about it's a better way to bank, and there are great things that come along with membership with Emory Federal Credit Union. These are one of the things. Now if you need this, if you're interested in applying for the scholarship, you have to be planning to attend a two or four year college in the fall as a full time student. Now there are certain other restrictions that apply, and you can get all the details and learn about the benefits of banking at Emory FCU dot org Emery FCU dot org. Now I will point out these scholarship applications must be postmarked by March thirty first, So EMORYFCU dot or get all the details. NMLS number four zero one zero, it's seven. They're federally insured by NCUA and they are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC Bourbon and beyond Chena nine.
Speaker 1: Weather remains cloudy today, It's going to be breezy in a high have thirty two, clear enough over nine down to seventeen. We get a partly sunny day tomorrow with a high thirty six. Over Friday night down to thirty with rain and then a rainy Saturday. Floodwatch begins at four pm last through Sunday afternoon for most of the tri State forty five right now thirty two Time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UC Health Traffic Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts at UC Health have been giving heart patients a chance of better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust, expect more. You see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with a couple of wrecks southbound seventy one coming out of Kenwood after Kenwood Road. They're on the right shoulder and east Pound two seventy five. I reckon seventy five in Sharonville, also on the right northbound seventy five, beginning to slow a bit into the cut.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five k r See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seventh thirty nine Here fifty five KRCDE talks Station Bryan. Time to see with Donald and Neil for Americans for Prosperity on something that could be profound in terms of the direction of government control over our lives and the regulatory nightmare that is behind the scenes unelected officials creating basically laws behind the scenes predicated on loosely written legislation that gets passed and they chuck the legislation over to the regulatory agencies to start churning out regulations, many of which have a profound financial impact on society. That's where the Rains Act comes in. Donovan and Neil regulations from the executive in need of scrutiny. Long form version of Rains Act. What does this do for us? Or what will this do for us in the state of Ohio for successful in getting it passed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, great question? And what what this does? So there's a lot of different ways you can do reg reform, right, you can cut the red tape. You could say you can't add more red tape. But you know, even when you say that, there's still the calls or the outcry for some form of regulation. Right, the bureaucrats are going to do what they do best, the bureaucrats. And what the Rains Act does is, at a very simple level, what it does is two things. One, it requires legislative approval, so no more long gone would be the days of a of an executive agency overreaching its authority has on Mosk and Donald Trump have called it. Right, this this fourth unconstitutional arm of government that's erupted. The legislature would have authority over approving any major rules that would come out of an executive agency. But then what I think is most important in the greatest feature of this after legislative authority, is it would require the bureaucrats to put together an economic impact. So if we're going to put a drive on the economy that would come out of a rule or regulation purportedly for a public safety purpose, Right, that's why they claim to create these rules, is for public safety, we're going to have to They're going to have to indicate what the economic impact of those rules would be. Ah, it's like an environmental or standing like an.
Speaker 1: Environmental assessment, right, I mean sometimes you have the environmental assessment before any project goes through to make sure it's not gonna be harmful to some fish or moth or bat or something. In this particular case, they have to do an economic analysis to find out how how much money it's going to cost the population for the regulations that are being rolled out.
Speaker 4: Instead of just worrying about the moths, the baps, and the worms, we're gonna actually worry about humans and the economic impact rules may have on the livelihoods of humans living here in the United States.
Speaker 2: What a concept? What is Okay?
Speaker 1: Now there has to be a colon Okay, So let's use, for example, some like the EPA regulating and according to the legislation that was passed out of Congress regulating navigable waters, which then the regulatory body then decides, is a tablespoon of water on your private property that has a massive economic impact, and of course that would have to be reviewed for its economic impact, and then under a rainzac concept, if it's over a certain amount, then the actual legislative branch Congress would have to pass approval of that specific tablespoon of water regulation.
Speaker 4: Correct, Because the idea is going back to the legislature on these most egregious rules and saying, was this your intent when you sent up this authority? Exactly? And it is, they can approve it. And if they say, whoa, we did not foresee somebody being this creative and finding ways to control people's lives, No, you cannot do that. That's what the legislature would be able to do.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, this legislative Economic Analysis unit, this this panel that will look into the economic impact and do this economic analysis? What is the monetary cutoff? What what allows that like over x amount? Then you've got to get legislative approval. What is the amount.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it varies by different state, you know, state to state. You know, for instance, in Wisconsin, it's any rule over ten million. Here in Ohio, the current proposal would say anything over a million dollars in economic impact, Wow, it has to be evaluated. And what you see by virtue of that might say, wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: It doesn't what No, I mean that it's a lower bar than the ten million dollars from some other state. I mean, I say a million that that that's it's easy to reach a million dollars much anything these days.
Speaker 4: Donovan. Sure, Well, what we want to balance in this public policy is making sure that the most egregious rules get reviewed and this doesn't become a rubber stamp process. Here in Ohio, we already have what's called j CAR. It's the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review. They they see a lot of these any rule that gets implemented here in the state of Ohio or desire to be implemented, j CAR reviews it. So there's already a stopgap. What Rains would do is add that economic factor and force it to go to not just the smaller committee of j CAR, which does a great job, but the full legislative body. You can imagine it's easy to maybe get a few folks to agree to something. It's a lot harder to get one hundred and thirty two individuals degree on something exactly. That's a lot more eyes, that's a lot more people. And as Representative Ron Ferguson and Brian Lorenz pointed out in the committee testimony early this week, j CAR doesn't represent all of Ohio. It's the members you know who are on that committee. Those legislature at large represents all of Ohio, and so folks in southwest Ohio they have different thoughts about a particular rule. In folks in northeast Ohio, we want more input rather than last when it comes to a million dollars of the economic drag being considered here in the state.
Speaker 1: Donald, I hate to put you on the spot, but I see that this act as it's written for the state of Ohio, and I'm all in favor of this. It empowers courts to review whether agency rules have been authorized by the legislature and determine whether the rule has been classified correctly as a major rule requiring legislative approval. So some rule gets passed and it's over some certain threshold of money here a million dollars, and if they don't act and they don't specifically approve it, the courts can come in and say, hey, you've got to specifically approve this or the rule does not apply. Who has standing to bring that action in court?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think what you would these were crafted in different ways in different states, right. I think the way we would want to look at it would be somebody who is going to be, you know, a party that's impacted, right, a manufacturer in the state of Ohio, to be able to say, to be able to bring that and all that is, I think as well, is really just rebalancing what's broken right now, where the bureaucrats, this fourth unelected bureauc branch of government has taken control and taken taking things hostage. It should be the you know, legislature creates the laws, the executive executes them, and the judiciary reviews them for constitutionality. This would allow the legislature to have a little re reign in the executive and retain some of its original authority of saying, hey, no, you're going too far, mister and missus governor. We need to we need to reign in here.
Speaker 1: They actually have to do their job is an interesting concept. Donald O'Neil, I can only pray that this gets an acted in the state of Ohio. What do we the listeners of What can I do specifically to push this forward?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need folks to go to Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Buckeye Blueprint dot com. That's our website for Boulder Better Buckeye State or post an action alerts there almost every week now that the legislature's in session here in Ohio and go there. If you want to go to the newsroom section you can read more about it, but ultimately reach out to your state representative and encourage them to support HB eleven, Ohio's.
Speaker 1: Rains Act HB eleven. Please Buckeye Blueprint dot com. I will say my prayers in favor of this one. Donovan and Neil, Thank you for bringing it to my listeners and my attention. I appreciate all the work that you and Americans for Prosperity to do each and every day, and I again will strongly encourage my listeners to get in touch and get active, and I mean you make it so easy for them to do that. Take care Donovaniel. We will talk again real soon. I'm certain it's seven forty seven right now. If you have KCD talk station another phone call you want to make cover Sincy. Let me focus my attention on small business owners out there, and I will use my friend Jeff as an illustration. I know he's listening because he always sends me a email response when he smiley faces on it. So here's me talking about COVER. Since he and he's got a group of employees, it's a smaller business. And he's like, okay, he does the same thing everybody does already. You're in charge of the business. You reach out some random and medical insurance company and there you go. We just picked this company, and here's your three choices. Cover sincey a different approach. And what Jeff did by reaching out to cover, since he was what cover? Since he does all the time for individuals as well as small groups. He improved Jeff's company's bottom line by tens of thousand dollars and at the same time got his employees better medical coverage. And I hear from me so happy about it. He ended up going back for dental coverage and vision coverage. He's like, it works, so well, everybody's really happy got him out of a Jama's employees are better and that helps with employee retention. If you can get better medical insurance that your employees can actually afford, including dollar one coverage, they're gonna want to stay at your business.
Speaker 2: So do it.
Speaker 1: Be like Jeff, thank you Jeff for taking my advice, and he's glad he did. And it doesn't cost you anything. And this team stays with you at Cover sincey to resolve any medical issues you have, and so far as like payment coverage problems, you don't if it's been a minute on the phone with an insurance company. So reach out, ask the question. Two ways to do it five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five, or fill the form out tell them what you're looking for. Over at Coversinc.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRC utility buil