Speaker 1: Your betbuilders hang away a thread here, Relax, relax, they still need one more goal.
Speaker 2: Well if it loses.
Speaker 3: Nov BET's got your covered.
Speaker 1: Nobe besh is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 3: This world come from goalscorers to cards.
Speaker 1: Get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets nov Bash. More power to you, Teacencys Apply eighteen plus bet responsibly, Gambling care, dot Ie.
Speaker 2: Attention, gettowheads attention, bow scouts. Rose by the pseudonymst Nerdly. It's time for the soul of excellence. He is a radio host here in New York.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour is on the air, Rush Rush Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 5: Friday edition of Moost Earlies Rush Hour. If you would like to be part of the program, This afternoon eight hundred eight four eight nine two to two two is how you reach us? It is the Friday edition, So soon again we are at Friday. Eight hundred eight four eight nine to two two is how you reach us. What a day, my friends. Today we turn from domestic matters to international matters while the domestic stuff is still bubbling up out there, but the international matters have have taken uh front page in some cases unexpectedly for many. Donald Trump has made statements regarding our relationship with the nation of Iran, and those statements are serious. In fact, let's just start off with that. I have two some of the same quotes, one from inside the White House, the other from an interview that he did apparently with on Fox Business. Carried it on their Page's AP carried it to the AP. Story that accompanied the audio that I have for you is that Donald Trump wrote a letter to Iran's leader about that country's nuclear program. Expects the results, as he says, very very soon. President Donald Trump sent a letter to Supreme Leader Ali Kamini seeking a new deal with Tehran to restrain its rapidly advancing nuclear program. You know, the one that Obama said wasn't going to happen after he sent billions and billions of dollars in the middle of the night on palettes on a private.
Speaker 3: Plane over to Iran.
Speaker 5: Even though Iran has been, I have said, in a state of war with the United States ever since the Reagan administration, A cold war with Iran. So yeah, there's that. In fact, let's listen to cut number nine, Jonas. Let's listen to Donald Trump explain what's going on.
Speaker 6: It did start, I mean, think of think of what happened inflation, You have the war with Ukraine, and the rest of that wouldn't have happened. October seventh would have never happened. Israel had no money. I Wren had no money, went was stone cold broke and now they have a lot of money. But then that's going to be the next thing you'll be talking about is Iran. What's going to happen with Iran? And there'll be some interesting days ahead. That's all I can tell you. You know that to final strokes with I Ran, that's going to be an interesting time and we'll see what happens. But we're down to the final moments. We're at final moments. Didn't let them have a nuclear weapon. I think that I would have had a deal within one month after the rigged election of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: They were all set to make a deal.
Speaker 6: And then when I lost, they saw this person who's a stupid person, very stupid person, and they said, let's not make a deal and they were right. He took the sanctions off. They became rich under Biden. They went from having no money to having three hundred billion dollars, all in a short period of soil. Oil builds up fast. It's a nice, nice living if you have a nice lovel well, and they do. They have a lot of nice oil wells, right. So anyway, so it's gonna be a big thing. It's an interesting time in the history of the world.
Speaker 3: But we have.
Speaker 6: A situation with Iran that something's going to happen very soon, very very soon. You'll be talking about that pretty soon, I guess. And hopefully we can have a piece deal. You know, I'm not speaking out of strength or witness. I'm just saying I'd rather see a piece deal than the other. But the other will solve the problem.
Speaker 5: The other will solve the problem. That was from the White House. The next cut that would be eight is from the interview that he did earlier, where he explains the letter No.
Speaker 6: But the people of Iran are great people, but they had a tough regime and they meet and they'd be shot in the streets. I mean, it was a tough it was a tough deal. But I would rather negotiate a deal. I'm not sure that everybody agrees with me, but we can make a deal that would be just as good as if you won militarily. But the time is happening now, the time is coming up. Something's going to happen one way or the other. I hope that Iran and I've written him a letter saying, I hope you're going to negotiate, because if we have to go in militarily, it's going to be a terrible thing for them.
Speaker 7: You wrote a letter to the Comenians.
Speaker 6: When did you send the letter yesterday?
Speaker 3: And you said you better negotiate it. We want you to say you better.
Speaker 6: I hope you're going to negotiate because it's going to be a lot better for Iran, and I think they want to get that letter. The other alternative is we have to do something because you can't let them have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 5: Now at the time. By the way, I'm just going to go back and just remind you of this, because we never ever ever hold people accountable, especially presidents, after they leave. But this is everything is happening now that Russia. Limbaugh predicted what happened with Iran, that we were giving them the wherewithal to develop a nuclear plant. Obama didn't solve anything. He just punted down the road and made sure that Iran would have the capabilities to become a nuclear power, except not on his watch. And at the time, all of us kept saying, Rush kept saying over and over again and others, this is not a good deal. This is when they were first beginning to ramp up their centrifuges to develop uranium to develop the fuel for nuclear power, and we just kept saying, this is not this is going to lead to Iran having a nuclear weapon. Right now, we are so close that Donald Trump is promising action and speaking openly about we will have to do it militarily if we can't come up with a deal. This is squarely on Obama. He's the one that gave while he was president around the capabilities to become a nuclear power. And so, folks, we can expect that times will yet more interesting in the weeks to come. There's a big article today. One of my dear Canadian friends sent it to me. I had read it already, how Trump's fifty first state Canada talk came to be seen as deadly serious.
Speaker 3: Do you remember my friends.
Speaker 5: When Donald Trump first broached fifty first state Canada started calling Trudeau governor. The Liberals, they laughed, he's delusional, he's a mad cap. He's blah blah blah. While they're not laughing right now, neither is Trudeau. Trudeau, by the way, by the end of the week, will not be the Prime Minister of Canada anymore. You do know that, don't you. He's done. He's gone, justin Trudeau before this last hurrah of his where by the way, the Liberal Party there's a race, a twenty point lead over the Conservative Party in a matter of three weeks. They're blaming that on Trump, of course, but he resigned as head of the party, so he's done. It is going to I got a briefing on it yesterday, but I don't go through the whole thing. They're one or two. It looks like a sure bet for one of the candidates. But I'll discuss that at another point when it happens actually, and then within a number of months, because we are in the Canadians that are end of a five year cycle. They have to hold elections within a five year period. That cycle ends, I believe in October. Then whoever the new leader of the Liberals in Canada will have to be put up.
Speaker 3: For election and we'll see what takes place.
Speaker 5: But the New York Times today how Trump's fifty first State Canada talk came to be seen as deadly serious. After President Trump and posed tariffs on Canada Tuesday, Prime Minister justin trade, do you made an extraordinary statement that was largely lost in the fray of the moment. That statement was this the excuse that he's giving, meaning Donald Trump, for these tariffs today, A fentanyl is completely bogus, Trudeau said, completely unjustified and completely false. He told that to a news outlet in at Ottawa. What he wants, Trudeau said, is to see a total collapse of the Canadian economy because that'll make it easier to annex us and from there the New York they go into. This is the story of how mister Trudeau went from thinking Donald Trump was joking when he referred to him as governor and Canada of the fifty first state in early December to publicly stating that Canada's closest ally inable was implementing a strategy of crushing the country in order to take it over and he brings up things. Now, listen to these and you tell me if they're true or not. They go into details of conversations between Trump and Trudeau on the calls that they had. Donald Trump laid out a long list of grievances he had with the trade relationship between the two countries, including Canada's protected dairy sector. Yes, they have massive ti IFFs, so we can't import dairy products in there without paying a hefty price. The difficulty of American banks to do business in Canada? Is that true or is that not true? And before you say it, just think that you can see a TD bank anywhere you want to in certain cities down here, because we don't impede them from doing business here. Canadian consumption taxes that Donald Trump deems unfair because they make American goods more expensive. And then he brought up something more fundamental, much more fundamental. He told mister Trudeau he didn't believe the treaty that demarcates the border between the US and Canada was valid. He wants to revise the boundary. He offered no further explanation. The border treaty and mister Trump referred to was established in nineteen oh eight and finalize the international boundary between Canada, then a British dominion, and the United States. He also mentioned revisiting the sharing of lakes and rivers between the two nations, which is regulated by a number of treaties, the topic he's expressed interest about in the past. Canadian officials took mister trump comment seriously, not least because he had already publicly said he wanted to bring Canada to its knees. So we have that going on, toy ladies and gentlemen. Yesterday we made mention of it. Roy Airs passed away. The Los Angeles Times, good for them, did a great story on roy Airs. Roy Airs, jazz soul legend whose music was heavily sampled by younger artists, dies at eighty four. Roy Airs, the King of neo soul, born and raised on Vernon Avenue just south of downtown, LA saw more than sixty of this song sample by hip artists, hip hop artists, and soul artists. They quote Kamala Harris as a fan of roy Airs.
Speaker 3: This song, they say.
Speaker 5: Everybody Loves the Sunshine, was a minor hit when it was first issued. It has become a Southern California anthems since it's release in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 8: Suns.
Speaker 5: The longevity of the jazz driven soul song is largely due to it being its use in hip hop and sold tracks. Snippet sample by Doctor Dre, Mary J. Blige, Jay Dillo, two Pack, J Cooke, dozens of others. Anyway, condolences to the family of Roy Airs, James Golden, Snurdley and thanks Kevin for putting it into the library. Kevin Droshaw, Program Director, Just snurly with you eight hundred and eight four eight nine two two two, keep it right here, They'll go away.
Speaker 9: Rush.
Speaker 2: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. James Golden known popularly as both Snarly. This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 6: Rush.
Speaker 10: Let me make sure y'all got the facts. It's just most extreme crimes that take place in this country are committed by white supremacist.
Speaker 3: Eighty percent of.
Speaker 10: Extreme crimes are committed by white supremacists in this country. Do you know who went up there on January sixth? White supremacists? This ain't me just telling.
Speaker 3: You this, Yeah, this is you just telling us.
Speaker 5: Because I don't know where these opposing statistic christ Jasmine, what are you Gonna do?
Speaker 3: Twenty twelve. The Monkeys.
Speaker 5: Have a resurgence sales sorty why the death of their vocalist Davy Jones. The best of the Monkeys re entered Billboard charts in the twentieth position. Twenty twelve. James Golden is thurdy with you here, I think you think you think you think? Okay, something good happen today? Or also in a way tangentially dealing with foot PURUSI that would be footing students who are enrolled in American universities raising ruckuses. Marco Rubio has begun revoking the visas of foreigners who openly and brazenly support the terrorist group hamas. Those who support designated terrorist organizations including hamas threaten our national security, of Rubio said in a tweet yesterday, the US has zero tolerance zero for foreign visitors who support terrorists. Violators of United States law, including international students, face visa denial or revocation and de poortation. Now it's also been announced that the Trump administration has acted with Columbia University defunded of four hundred million dollars in assistance. More in that more on everything else well A lot of other things going on in the news, and your calls James Golden boast only rush out.
Speaker 3: Keep you right here.
Speaker 2: James Golden, known popularly as bost Nerdly. This is the rush hour with James Golden.
Speaker 6: Rush you used to comme on myself.
Speaker 5: Name twenty fifteen, Drake. I mean, it is impressive. What he did was very, very It's amazing. Actually, fourteen different songs in the Hot one hundred, Fourteen songs in the Hot one hundred after he released his mixtape. If you're reading this, it's too late yourself Hot Lion Blake from Drake.
Speaker 2: Got stressed.
Speaker 5: That wasn't the highlight. He placed twenty seven different songs in the Hot one hundred and twenty eighteen. This is phenomenal for any artist to pull this off on my Yeah. Anyway, that's Drake, Thank you, Drake. Let's see, so before the break, we were talking about Columbia University Trumpen mini administration four hundred million. Now, before people start whining and moaning and feeling bad about Columbia University, let's remember Bernard College, where they are still having these obscene anti semitic protests, is affiliated with Columbia and it just seems that this is the problem these guys do not want to solve. They don't want to put the law down. So four hundred million. Now, if you feel sorry for Columbia, just keeps this in mind as well. Colombia has an endowment that is worth fourteen point eight billion dollars Columbia Universe City's endowment. This is according to the Columbia Endowment Fiscal Year twenty twenty four Report. Fiscal year twenty twenty four Endowment performance. For the fiscal year ending June thirtieth, twenty twenty four, the total value of the endowment was fourteen point eight billion. Columbia University produced a return of eleven point five percent on the managed assets in its endowment portfolio four fiscal year twenty four. The university's trailing five and ten year returns are eight point five percent and seven point four percent, respectively. These guys are rolling in cash, so why do they need government money?
Speaker 3: I ax you.
Speaker 5: They should be spending their own money, especially since they want to allow the behavior that happens on their campus to continue to happen. Now, let us go further. We also discussed Canada, our friends up north and my Canadian friends are very upset. And there's no joke. I mean, we've been joking for years about the relationship between Canada and the United States. But they and I've jokingly said for years, we're going to take it over. Little did I realize anyway? What we have a call coming in from the land up north. Right now, I'm going to take the call. As soon as it clears on the board it goes yellow, that means, oh, I can take it. I'm going to take that bloody cold right as soon as it clears the line. And it just did. Will you're calling from Canada? How are you, my friend?
Speaker 8: Not bad? Not bad? Pickering, Ontario, a little bit north the Buffalo. The United States has been hit with hit with extra duties and all sorts of products that we are trying to get up here. For years and decades, we've been smashing. Whenever there's a bumper cross up here, we put bury eggs in the ground, We pour milk down the drain, so the prices stay high. When there's a bumper crop sip of the border, the prices go fifty percent off and everyone's happy. The only time we get a fifty percent off price here is when the product's expired.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, that's not that's not good.
Speaker 5: So what do you think you're in Ontario, what do you think of the latest how shall I say friction points between the Trump administration and the current government in your country.
Speaker 8: The current government in my country are desperate to try and keep their jobs, and since there's so many anti anti Trump people out there, they'll go rise and take up their their flags and march to try and keep their socialist friends and power.
Speaker 5: Do you think that the problems between our two nations are fixable?
Speaker 8: Still fixably? Of course they are.
Speaker 5: What do you think ought to happen? Do you think there should be a relaxation on some of the tariffs of American goods coming into Canada? What do you think America's stance should be?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? I can buy milk and cheese from from England, from from Europe, far less than I can from across the border. There was a point, there was a point where those Canadians who lived close to the border used to drive across the border. This is pre Dyna eleven, of course, drive across the border. It was called Frost's border shopping. We used to get milk and cheese and bread and fell off our tanks at half the price and come back over the board.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, the Canadians are pointing to Donald Trump as bad man Orange. My friends that live down here in the States that are Canadian mostly I would say more left of center, and I'm being kind than I am, and they tend to think that that Canada is in the right here in the United States, bad Man Orange is doing them badly.
Speaker 3: Is that sentiment?
Speaker 5: Do you think the prevailing sentiment in most of Canada or are there a lot of Canadians that understand that this is not just a Donald Trump bad man issue?
Speaker 8: No, it sounded Donald Trump bad that issue. It's it's always been like that. Everyone's afraid of sleeping in the same day as a giant there. There was a book from Canada, way way way back in the seventies. It's called ex Honeration. It was it was well sold up here is how America was going to stake over the country. This has been going on for as long as I was born in the United States, believe it or not. I was born in northeast Detroit. My address was that uh Prairie and eight miles believe.
Speaker 11: It or not.
Speaker 5: You're an American citizen, Powell, You're an American citizen.
Speaker 8: Can I'm an American citizen born from Canadians. So yes, theoretically I'm a I'm one of them babies. If they want to wipe out no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: One wants to wipe out babies. Let's we let's read, let's let's let let's let's reframe that there is a policy that that people here want to see altered. We're not the party that wants to wipe out babies. That would be they.
Speaker 8: You're there, blossoms.
Speaker 4: This is the rush Hour with James Golden. It's the rush Hour with James Golden. Nerdly now here's James Golden.
Speaker 5: Ernie Issley from of course the Isley Brothers. Nineteen fifty nine, when Ernie was seven years old, they had their first hit. Well, they came to prominence, they first real big hit. It was their fourth single, Shout. And then of course nineteen sixty two, the Isley had twisted shout Out Motown saw the Isleys with this old heart of mine which has been covered endlessly, and then the three plus three era began. Although they had been playing in the studio Chris Jasper, Marveniley, and Ernie Issley, who had their own group as they were in like high school, they began playing with the Isleys and they it was the Isley three plus three album that first introduced all of them as the Isley Brothers, the three elders and the three youngers. Of course, last week we just lost Chris Jasper. That one really.
Speaker 3: Shook me up.
Speaker 5: He was a friend and I love these guys, the Isley Brothers, so very special day to day for the Isley's Happy Birthday to Ernie Isley, one of the most amazing guitarist songwriters.
Speaker 3: Of his era, James Goldness.
Speaker 5: Thirdly, we will get you a rapid phones in a few minutes, but let me just first play one thing to close out this Canada discussion before we do that. That is Donald Trump and what some of the rationale that Donald Trump offered up cut one on what we need and don't need from the nation of Canada.
Speaker 6: I'll say you, what's a high teriff nation is Canada. Canada charges US two hundred and fifty percent for our milk product and other product and a tremendous terraff for lumber and things as such. And yet we don't need their lumber. We have more lumber than they do. We don't need Canada's lumber.
Speaker 3: So what I'm.
Speaker 6: Doing is I'll be signing an executive order freeing up our forests so that we're allowed to take down trees and make a lot of money and then re harvest trees. We don't need trees from Canada. We don't need cars from Canada, we don't need uh energy from Canada. We don't need anything from Canada. So when we can be self sustaining, which is in most things. Look, we have more oil and gas than anybody. Our forests are massive, massive forests. We're just not allowed to use it because of the environmental lunatics that stopped us. So I'm gonna be freeing that up very shortly so that we don't have to go to other countries to buy lumber. Why should we be buying lumber from other countries, paying tariffs, paying big prices, extraordinary prices, and we have lumber, we have the best lumber.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and associate for this one month.
Speaker 6: It's just a modification, short term because I didn't want to hurt the American It would have hurt the American car companies.
Speaker 3: If I did that, boom, we don't need it. That's great to know them. Now.
Speaker 5: By the way, let me just quickly deal with another story. I got a text yesterday morning from a friend of mine who voted for Trump and then said she was having very deep and pained thoughts that perhaps she had done the wrong thing, because how heartless Donald Trump wanted to throw out all the Ukrainian refugees and how could anybody do this? This was all based on a Reuter story that Donald Trump wanted to revoke the legal status of over two hundred and forty thousand Ukrainians living in the United States. Well, the White House, yes yesterday denied the story. This is more fake newsome routers based on anonymous sources who have no idea what they're talking about. White House press spokes person Caroline Levitt said on X the Truth. No decision has been made about that at this time, So apparently hit has got it wrong. Ladies and gentlemen, Time for rapid films. Oh well, we'll just hit it with rapid phones. Let's go to Joseph in New York City. Joseph, how are you?
Speaker 2: It had to be you for me, James.
Speaker 3: We love you, We thank.
Speaker 2: You the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Four p MS.
Speaker 8: They asked through news take care, thank.
Speaker 5: You well, singing promo, Yes, God willing. We'll be here at seven a m. And, as the cholo said, we're here every day for thank you. Lisa in New Jersey, you are up next.
Speaker 3: How are you? Lisa?
Speaker 11: Hey James, So you know, Trump says he's tough on terrorists. However, he's sympathetic and aligns himself with Putin, who's the biggest terrorist on the planet. I mean, just today he was so gleefully saying how Ukraine was getting the hell bombed out of him while he denies AID and INTEL. I mean, really, it's just so disappointing and so disgusting.
Speaker 3: We already know you, did you, Lisa?
Speaker 5: Before you continue? Did you happen to hear the new story that Donald Trump just threatened Russia and Putin with massive sanctions?
Speaker 3: Thanks? Did you hear that?
Speaker 11: Thanksious to the Yeah, but they're sanctioned to the max. What do we get?
Speaker 3: Okay? So so then so okay?
Speaker 5: So he he says, he says he threatens Russia with sanctions, and you say, yeah, but that doesn't matter. So what do you want to happen with Russia.
Speaker 11: They're already sanctioned, and so that's not the thing he's just say to Russia to Putin, just like he says to Hamas, if you don't stop bombing and sending ballistic missiles, all hell will break loose. So he hasn't said that because he's aligned with Putin, because he doesn't care that Putin's taken over in other country, because he wants to take over Greenland. He wants to take over Panama and Canada. So that's why he's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so let me let me ask you. You you feel terrible that if the Greenland folks decided that they wanted to become a United States citizens, so.
Speaker 11: They said they don't they already said they don't.
Speaker 5: No, they haven't had an election, Darling. They have not said they don't. There's been no election. Some people projected in the media are again some of the people over in Denmark are against it, but the people of Greenland. But Darling, the people of Greenland have not spoken about it at all. They haven't had a chance to yet.
Speaker 11: But you know what, you're deflecting from the fact that terrorists Russia. He has no issue with them, and yet he's going to go after terrorists.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not deflecting anything.
Speaker 5: You call Russia a terrorist and we have not designated Russia as a terrorist state, that is a fact.
Speaker 11: As if they need China.
Speaker 5: So is China a terrorist state? Do you think that China has done any better on the issues that you're talking about as far as humanity than Russia. Why don't we just declare China a terrorist state in your view as well?
Speaker 11: Because right now currently Russia is holding prisoners of war. When Zolenski was trying to show him pictures.
Speaker 5: Of Oh, so Zolensky, I got it, so Jo Lensky. Okay, let me ask you another question. Where's the money that we sent over to Ukraine.
Speaker 11: The money is totally registered on a government website.
Speaker 3: And so half of it.
Speaker 5: So all those reports about half the money not knowing where it is, that's not true.
Speaker 11: No money never arrived. He said half the money never.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, oh so Zolensky is mister honest. Then he said half the money never got here. So thirty billion dollars just somehow never got there. And everybody's lying except for mister Zolensky.
Speaker 11: Listen, mister Zolynsky, President Zolensky, if he wanted to take off its so called millions, he could have done that years ago.
Speaker 5: I'm not suggesting that. I'm just asking you, Lisa. It's very clear that you it's very Lisa Darling. It's very clear that you have a bias. And I understand that. And it's okay. You you're in favor Riversdolynsky. You think badman Orange on Trump and Russia. I got it, I got it. It's okay.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Look, I thank you for taking the time to give us a call and express your point of view.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thank you. Let's go to Joe in Connecticut. You are up next.
Speaker 7: Oh Hi, good afternoon, Broth. Thanks for taking my call. I love your show.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Your breath of musical knowledge never sees pieces to amaze me real quick. As far as these what's going on in these campuses, the previous administration is completely complicit and just stood stood idle. I mean, I think if this, if these continue, they should just send the National Guard. And every time this happens.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that that I think they need to do something to quell some of this horrific behavior on college campuses. Let me just point out that if you are a foreigner in many countries, if you are there as a foreign student, you are not allowed to go in the streets and protest. It's not You're a guest in the country and you're you're expected to behave and comport yourself like a good guest, not to go and get involved in politics of that nation or anything else. So I think it's absolutely great that Marco Rubio has taken action. Now we've seen one, apparently a person who is having their visa revoked, and hopefully there will be many more. Willie from Canada, I wish we could get to you. We'll be here, God willing tomorrow morning. Do we have thirty seconds? Willie, make it happen in thirty seconds?
Speaker 9: Thirty seconds got us. Canada's gotta cut the the money that they're taking away from us crocs, and I want to hear Wombs of the Tunes again.
Speaker 3: Boom, Okay, we got it.
Speaker 5: May God bless him protect teaching every single one of you, your family's, your loved ones, love and gratitude my friends for your being here with me and allowing me to be with you. God willing we are back early in the morning for the Saturday vibe. Until then, my friends, I bid you, I do.
Speaker 3: Bye.