Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank, directly across the street from a Wiener Schnitzl that serves beer, and we are live in the studio. Sam is here, yeah, and producer Nikki is on assignment. Yes, So what's going on in Hollywood? We do this every Tuesday. Oh no, every Sunday, five to seven am, eleven fifty. Now I've just got off a kind of a twenty hour travel experience from Rio de jan Airo. So you look marvelous, thank you. But the outside looks great. It look like George Hamilton. The inside it's not natural to fly like that.
Speaker 2: No, for twenty hours.
Speaker 1: Well, by the time you'd get all the you know, you fly from Rio to Panama and you hang out there for a while, and you're at the airport two hours early, five in the morning. Flights at five in the morning. You wake up from the hotel, the Fasano. I do recommend it on Rio and Epanima. I'm your wake up is two thirty am, and you prepare for that. Then someone calls you and says your car will be there at two am, and I go, whoaha, WHOA. Psychologically you're killing me. That means I got to wake up at one thirty. Yeah, that doesn't work. So I told the guy, hey, two o'clock. He goes, all right, the guy will sit out there and wait for you, you know, and that's what they do. Okay, and then you so you see what I see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You are unnaturally exhausted today. You are a traveled man today. You came in from Brazil.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: That's impressive. And you're in studio, of course I am. You're not phoning it in.
Speaker 1: No, I'm You're a professional. I'm in bird Bank all right because Hollywood needs me and I gotta be here. So that Yeah, I was down there for three so BlimE shows or as they're known down there, so believe me to big a big stadium bands, first stadium show since getting back together. And for those who don't know, I'm not just the two hour a week Hollywood radio guy. I'm also I have a day job and it's called managing the rock band Sublime. And uh then we played uh, we played Kuduchiba, sal Polo and Rio and it was just with offspring. All these shows are the Offspring, oh Cool and the Damned uh and rise against Amal and the Sniffers a lot of stuff. Uh so in but back in Hollywood, while things were, things are still moving in. Today's top story in Hollywood is the studios are increasingly embracing live experiences as the film and TV landscape changes. And by saying by changes, I mean it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by live experiences?
Speaker 1: I'm going to get to that. Companies like Netflix, Warner Brothers, Discovery, and Paramount Global are expanding into hotels, themed restaurants, and attractions to build a stronger connection with the viewers. Netflix, for example, has seen over seventy marriage proposals at its Queen Ball. Have you heard of this? No, The Queen's Ball is a touring experience based on the hit show Bridgerton. Okay, the attractions business is booming. Sam companies like Walt Disney, Comcast and well Concast Universal Experiences division. They have the experienced division, you know, and they're investing heavily in new projects when like, no one's investing heavily into movie theaters or new new divisions to make more TV programs and hiring development executives. None of that's happening. They are expanding their immersive experiences departments, and you know, they're not all the six, but the trend reflects a broader strategy.
Speaker 2: I've seen them do similar things with Stranger Things and some of the other shows that've popped up on Netflix. It's something that's interesting. I think that's pretty cool. But it's just a matter of how many people and with like are into those shows and which shows they choose to make more immersive experiences with.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to start with your hits and your Bridgerton's and you're you're, well, Netflix has you know, Netflix is making money like they People would say, oh, they just lose money over your No, a few years ago, they started making money. Now they make money. They're at the top. Everyone's trying to catch up. You might think that Disney Plus is making money, but they're not. But they are on Disney Plus, but they're you know why, they don't really need to because they've got so much money in their experiences. They started the experience business.
Speaker 2: That's the truth.
Speaker 1: So but this is why while you're wondering, like how long can the entertainment industry in these studios and these networks, how long can they continue? This just making really expensive TV shows that nobody watches, and the landscape is so blood blooded with with what they call content. Yeah, there's so many programs on now that I got past I used to When I was a kid. I wanted to see everything. Yeah, and I was. And when the VCR came out, I was all happy because I could watch shows that were conflicting with other shows. Very happy about that, and you could watch everything. When I was a TV executive, it was expected. I actually had a class while it was a TV Business affairs executive. I took a there's extension courses over at UCLA on TV producing by the producer of Major Dad. Wow did I learn just I learned more in that one class than I did about anything that had to do with TV anywhere ever. And what he told me was watch it. Make sure you've seen one episode of every thing. Because when you're out at a party or you're out at a function and someone says, oh, yeah, I work on the Nanny and you're like, oh, I love the Nanny Friend Dresser, it's pretty good. I like the one care Even if you've only seen one episode, you can talk about it. Yeah, but don't you say it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't like sitcoms about with with you know, whiny women in them or whatever.
Speaker 2: You call it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was good. Next you don't matter if you like it or not. Make sure you've seen one episode. Now you can't. No, it's impossible and you can't, and there's just so much I don't care. Yeah, so I'm just like, I have no fomo like or ooh I better watch this. People are talking about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many shows. At some point you have to just give up the idea of being able to catch one episode of everything. And you know, you can't have fear of missing out on anything when there's such a gluttony of different content you can pick from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I just don't even worry about it. And I'm sitting there, I'm watching YouTube that it sends me to YouTube because the YouTube I can pick. How long am I'm gonna watch a short or a twenty minute or thirty minute? Tim I'd look at it. What do I got time for? What do I feel like? How am of an appetite do I have? My latest thing is I'm addicted to videos about European pickpockets.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yes, Oh that's fascinating. You kind of I want to check that out. European pickpocket. I'm big on little YouTube videos. I kind of got stuck on a dog cleaning video and then I like rug cleaning videos.
Speaker 1: But those are two sere. But you're a mess.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I know, and I like watching people clean up messes. It's really nice.
Speaker 1: You know. The pickpocket videos are good. They've got guys running around catching pickpockets. I saw a guy walk follow these pickpockets in Rome for three hours until he forced them to get on a train and go out of town.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about immersive experiences, you can start building immersive experiences around stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You could go, this guy could lead a tour about you know, and I watch, We're going to catch pickpockets. Then we all pull out our phones and we pickpocket, pickpocket, pickpot, And that's what they do.
Speaker 2: A pickpocket tour of different towns of Europe. That'd be in Europe. That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 1: So I like that. And then I watch uh in tied old women getting pulled over by cops and turning a traffic ticket into a felony. Those are that's a genre.
Speaker 2: Those are brilliant. I love those too. You kind of get. You could doom scroll those for hours and just get a lot of good feeling out of it.
Speaker 1: My wife gave up scrolling for lent interesting. Yes, she's been very good at it's because she used.
Speaker 2: It's become that much a part of our lives now. More immersive experiences as far as like TV shows and stuff like that. Like I would I want to imagine like a Game of Thrones immersive experience where they come and kill your entire family while you watch it, and then they kill you.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of trying to hire people to kill your family, I've got a story coming up about a certain ghost hunter and his wife who put a hit on him, and then this story takes a dark twist. Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood. Let's check the traffic. Joe's go on say live from Hollywood if by Hollywood you mean Burbank and h In the last UH segment, we were talking about how the Hollywood studios are embracing live experiences and the Bridgerton touring Queen's Ball that people over seventy proposals. Two of those in the the event they have They've had over seventy marriage proposals so far, two of those were opposite sex proposals. So there that that number is looks to grow in the coming year. Maybe there's a guy on Instagram that that that talks about poor people and how he's different than poor people, and he calls the poor people povos. I don't know if you've seen this guy. I don't even know his name, but his povos do this. But I don't do that because I'm not a povo. You're not a povo. You do this, you do that, And he has a said if you're if you're rich, you you decorate. You recreate the Bridgerton series in your frigid reader and it's called the Fridgerton. So if you look up Fridgerton on Instagram, you'll you'll find that. And I mean you look at his frigerator, it's all like, you know, louis the fourteenth mini furniture in there and something like that. Anyway, have you heard of reality TV personality Aaron Goodwin. No, it's known from the Ghost Adventure show.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've actually I think I saw the story. This is fascinating.
Speaker 1: His wife, Victoria Goodwin, has been arrested on a charge of solicitation to commit murder, a murder most foul sam Yes, and authorities alleged she attempted to hire a hitman to kill him Afforny to reports, Victoria Goodwin was communicating with an inmate in Florida, Hmmm like I'm getting tiger seriously, yeah, yeah, discussing plans to have her husband killed. Text messages revealed discussions about payment and details regarding Aaron's location and his schedule. He'll be at this hunted house on this day, you get it. Police reports indicate that she made statements that she wanted to end his existence instead of getting a divorce. Aaron Goodwin has filed for divorce. Since I mean that this just happened. This is like March sixth he found out about this. The reports indicate that the couple was having marital problems, but Victoria Goodwin at some point denied that she truly wanted to have her husband killed. She was saying it was just like fantasy talk. Oh come on, and she's she had a hearing a couple of days ago and they tried to lower her bail and they would not lower bail. So she's in a jail in Las Vegas where they live.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: So first, you know, how you know a lot of couples, and you know, if you're married, you got different couples and you kind of like, oh, these couples are nice, and do you want to hang out with them? This couple is one of my friends from the from the club I belong to, really you know them personal? Yeah, yeah, hanging out with them all the time. And it's weird because I had a premonition about this because I was watching one of these hitman cases. I'm like, there's so many of these woman hires a man to kill her husband. I was like, is this there's so many? Is any Is this ever gonna happen to someone I know? Like, I'm starting to think about the couples I know. And then about two days later, this this, this came up in the news. I'm not kidding you, and I was like, oh, well, there it is, Joe, there it is. Are you happy? So these two you.
Speaker 2: Brought seriously you willed it into.
Speaker 1: Being or maybe I just knew that it was happening because it had been going on since last October is when she started solicitating this thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's been happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so since from October until now, the cops have been following her. Yeah, they've they've been. They knew it was she was planning to do this, so they did not tell the husband. Why because they wanted to get her to make that overt act where she sets it in motion where it could happen. And the the overt act seems to be when she said she called. At one point, she's already given him the locations where he's going to be, and she texted because she's a genius, uh, to the guys in charge. I think it was a guy in jail was going to hire someone in the outside and she texted him saying, hey, you know what's going on over there? Has it? Has it been done yet? I think that was it where they said, okay, then you expected it to be done? You no going back? Yeah, So Victoria, you know this, it's a it's a it's a it's a black mark on the club, I gotta tell you. And it's a black mark on These people were married at Disneyland. So if you I think I saw the picture of them, the Ghostbuster gets married to Disneyland. But uh, you know my feeling about this is, you know, Aaron's a great guy. I mean, we were a little suspect of her. You know, it's wunny you get the vibe be like, you know, let's not I was not invited to the wedding, but our other Like there's six of us that hang out this club together, and there's a few more, but like six that you know when I'm hanging out this other couple. The other couple got invited to the wedding. Sandra and I did not, and we weren't hurt. We were actually pleased because you know.
Speaker 2: They wanted to stay in I'm guessing you can.
Speaker 1: Want to go to that wedding. I thought there was something. I didn't think they'd break up. I just thought, you know, they you know, their behavior was a little suspect. He's a sweetheart, though, but I believe he's when you're on the Ghostbusters, they're a little too vulnerable. If you believe that the devil exists, which which is most of the people in America, if most people are Christian. Jesus mentions the devil over and over and over again in the Bible. So I say that because I know some people might think I'm being silly, But if you believe in Christianity at all, there is also the devil, and the devil is able to possess people. And the way the devil possesses people is by having a way in, because the devil wants to ruin people's lives and he wants to spread Satanism and ruin people's you know, dedication to Christ or whatever. That's what the devil wants to do. So the devil gets in there. How does the devil get in there? You have to let him in. So these people are I think they're working in these ghost things and there's a little satanism and dark stuff. They're in danger of letting them in. And this is a very appropriate theme for the Aaron in Victoria. Pray for these people, really, I mean, it's a really sad story. I get jokes of it because I need something to talk about here, But pray for Aaron and Victoria. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Joe'scalante Live from Hollywood. Why Hollywood, you mean Burbank. That's where we are. It's two hours of the business end of show business. We do it every Sunday on k e IB eleven fifty on your AM dial. And now we're gonna get Oh, I have a couple a little bit of inside scoop on the on the Aaron Goodwin and Victoria Goodwin case where Victoria Goodwin has evidently hired a hitman to kill her husband so she married at Disneyland. The stories are saying that she was going to pay eleven thousand dollars for this. I think she made some deposits, and then of course people are saying eleven thousand dollars, what a cheap, nasty you know what. But the real story I'm hearing from better sources is it was forty thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that sounds like a more appropriate sum. You don't want to for today's economy. Yeah, forty thousand seems okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you don't want to overpay, like you and I wouldn't do it for lesson Oh of course, but a guy that's sitting in prison, you know, and he can, like he can pay a guy twenty to do it and he gets twenty. You know, these people are they don't have the same means that you and I do or enjoy our lives.
Speaker 2: But still, I mean, even if I'm in prison in today's economy, I'm going for at least twenty eleven thousand. That's ninety that's friction.
Speaker 1: That's you know, yeah, and that's why it's the story sounded didn't sound that believable, and it sounds like there's something wrong here, and that is wrong. It's forty thousand dollars, especially.
Speaker 2: For something as high profile as this.
Speaker 1: Well, especially a guy who's a celebrity. I have walked around Disneyland with this guy, and you can't go fifty feet without a young child asking for his autograph. Yeah, and he's always got a smile on his face. He's he's the guy on the show that they like to get him really scared and his eyes bug out and that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It seems like a really, really nice guy.
Speaker 1: He didn't deserve this.
Speaker 2: This is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying he's without sin, but he didn't deserve this. Yeah, okay, all right, So pray for you. And she's in jail. She wants to get out. She's stuck there. Now, what about movies. Let's go back to the pleasure of movies. I like to go to the theater, and I want you to go to the movies.
Speaker 2: So did you go to a movie theater? In Brazil by any.
Speaker 1: No, but I did see a cinemak really and I saw one in Costa Rica and I saw one in Rio. Cool so they but they're not really connected to my card, so I don't know what would happen if I get any points going there. But the big movie there is I'm Still Here, which won Best Foreign Film at the Oscars. It's a Brazilian movie.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 1: And on my flight into Rio, they made an announcement that said the producer, the Oscar winner was on the flight with us. What wow. Yeah. And then on my way my last night there, I took a cab. Well, it's not really a cab these days. I mean, I gotta tell you, Sam, the travel was sublime is It's first class.
Speaker 2: And I would really hate to hear that you're just, you know, slubbing it around the world with these guys.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's a very successful outfit. Bulletproof oh, vans, okay, bulletproof in the vans and arm guards.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So they got guns and then you have you seem like when you go to fly from place to place, you gotta wait for them to get their gun out of the special gun receptacle. Got some guy brings it in. It's it's kind of exciting cool. But on the last day, we had a driver go to take us to the Corcovado Mountain where sugar Loaf is. It's a tram thing. It's everyone's got to do it. I've done before when I was a younger man. But and then she said, hey. We asked her, Hey, do you like the movie? Uh, this is us? Oh no, it's not this is us. It's I'm still here. Yeah, she's no, I haven't seen it. Like really, it's like seems to be the biggest thing in the whole country. Everyone's proud one the best worn film. First time, Brazil's everyone best worn film. And she says, well, it's not that this movie bothers me, but the producers have been telling lies.
Speaker 2: Interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it turns out my driver was a fan of the former president Balsonaro. Okay, and Balsonaro it's the same thing as Trump and Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This guy they have now is a Biden and he was in prison when on election day, but they voted for him anyway. Somehow he got elected anyway. Okay, and they're very suspect of the election. But Balsonaro was more like a Trump, but he was making enemies, you know, and reducing the size of the government and all that stuff. And so they he got voted out of office. And I guess the producers of course they like the lefty. It's Hollywood. And then so the right wing driver hated the movie, and so she wasn't gonna watch it, but she did drive us by the location where it was filmed and stuff like that. Interesting, she wasn't, you know, bitter. But anyway, what's going on down there? And movies that are raging the box office right now? Number one Mickey seventeen. And this this is about a uh dead cycles. It's the guy who made squid Games or something like that. Okay, yeah, and it's about like you can get a job being a dead body or being a body that dies and gets rejuvenated and you just keep dying all the time, but you keep your memories. So yeah, you know, it's a squid game type thing. It's number one.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Number three is Black Bag and it's a spy thriller.
Speaker 2: What what was the movie that we skipped because we went from one to three.
Speaker 1: M Black Bag was three. Number one is oh sorry, novacane novak number one. Number two is Mickey seventeen. Thank you for correcting me.
Speaker 2: Novakane sounds fascinating. I saw the trailer for it the other day, and I was really intrigued this it's a guy who can feel no pain. Yeah, and that just blows my mind.
Speaker 1: See, I had the opposite effect on me.
Speaker 2: You were not turned on by this idea. No.
Speaker 1: I saw the trailer so many times as I go to the movie so much. I've seen it about four or five times. I just saw this one so many posters, and then it's just like, Okay, I get it. He can't feel pain, So there's all these scenarios where he's gonna get hurt and it doesn't matter because he can't feel pain. I get it. The trailer seems to tell too much of the story, and that's always suspecting me. If you tell me too much about the story, it means the movie's not good, and you're trying to, like any throwing anything at me to get me in the theater before people find out it's no good.
Speaker 2: I get the feeling. It's just one of those action movies that's gonna be fun on a big screen but has no real depth as far as the story goes. It just sounds like a fun concept at the beginning. Yeah, you know, hey, how about a guy who feels no pain and we just throw him into a bunch of random dangerous situations where anybody else who feels pain their bodies would tell them to get out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get it.
Speaker 2: So yeah. So it's sounds like a good springtime, cheesy action movie.
Speaker 1: No urgency for me to see this, but we'll find out next week whether it's any good or not. Number four is Captain America. Number five The Day the Earth Blew Up a Looney Tunes movie.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Did you see it? Or you just saw I saw it?
Speaker 2: I know I saw Okay, I wish I saw it. I'm saying I am going to see that.
Speaker 1: One, okay. And then number six a little more serious, The Last Supper, a.
Speaker 2: Little more serious, The Day the Earth Blew Up versus The Last Supper.
Speaker 1: Number seven Paddington in Peru. That one was it was the original concept for this one was Paddington and his Peruvian marching Powder, but that was derailed when Cocaine Bear came out and they just said, we can't we we can't go with this. Number eight dog Man, number nine monkey not a monkey man or anything, just straight up monkey, the monkey. And number ten Last Breath. I hope that's not good because the bad Breath headlines and the critics reviews of that are you know, just going to bury it. So yeah, Mickey seventeen strong showing still doing well is Captain America and uh and Novacane did really well and people people like it. And so the most anticipated movies coming up? Do we have any time? We have a little bit bit more time home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got time. Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a movie. I don't know if you've if you've heard of this movie, Batman Versus the Yakuza.
Speaker 2: This sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: I heard of it. No, I mean to me, I thought you would be all over it. It's called Batman Ninja Versus Yakuza League. Okay, it's it's animation and people are talking about but how far have we come when little kids can can watch cartoons about a deadly, sadistic, murderous like force of life in Japan, the Yakuza? Why is that funny to kids? Why is that entertainment?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not so much funny. It's Batman, that's a ninja going after those scary guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you're right about that. But then why is the ya kaza so weak now that you can just make movies Batman beating their ass. No, the Yakuza's got they've got to step up.
Speaker 2: Well, the Yakuza has definitely been the subject of a lot of different movies and also video games where there are people who are who come from the depths of the Yakuza to defeat them. Well, you know, I don't. I mean, I guess the another appropriate comparison would be like if there are video games or movies talking about going after cartels. Yeah, because if that's the case, I mean usually that when we see that kind of movie or video game action, the people who make them don't say speak very much longer after it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes they die, Yeah, and seriously. But with the Yakuza, I have heard that they've been getting more and more like into regular businesses and and kind of cleaning up their act in Japan. I did hear that. And then maybe fifteen years ago, I was at a dinner. The Vandals were signed to some Japanese label, and we're at to dinner with the president of the label, and and so you know, we order our drinks to sit down. Okay, it's time to talk to business. And he goes, U, Joe, we are a Yakuza company and we have many interests, but Chinko games blah blah blah. And I'm like, did that guy just say he's a yakuza company? So blurt?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine I am a yakuza company.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine someone blurting out we were owned by the mob or you know, we're the Gambino family that owns this record label. I just want to let you know you didn't have to tell me that. I never would have guessed. What would I know? Can you tell me the very first meeting we're a Yakuzac company, so things are different over there.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the you know, that level of clarity that they offer to you.
Speaker 1: Then he cut off my finger, which part of it, but he smelled it first, and that was you know, all right, that was that's not funny.
Speaker 2: Let's go to break, all right.
Speaker 1: Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood, continuing here and k E I B eleven fifty and your am dial and Uh, let's talk about a little bit about the movies I saw sam because you know, I keep my diary over letterboxed. Yeah, letterboxed is the it's kind of the friends there for movie going. Did you have a friendster?
Speaker 2: I did not have a friend kind of nerd. Were you not a good one?
Speaker 1: I guess? So now you have one? Now I think it's like a Filipino gaming app.
Speaker 2: Now friends game, a Filipino game idea. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Now, Uh, there I did. I was, you know, I was. I've been gone most of the most of the last month. I've been gone in South South America and Central America. But I did madden managed to squeeze in a few movies. And did you say them? Did you see anything?
Speaker 2: I saw a couple of movies that I had already seen. I had gone through and just recycled some old classics that I wanted to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's good to do. I was three of the world. Oh things like that. I was on a flight Copa Airlines, the great airline.
Speaker 2: I think it took you to Brazil.
Speaker 1: Take on the way back Panama and he stops in Panama City and a really great airline, really modern and very nice, lie down seats all that stuff. But they had the worst movies I've ever seen on a plane. They were terrible. They were terrible, and no internet for like twenty hours.
Speaker 2: That's sad.
Speaker 1: Well, it was kind of the weekend, so I felt like, hey, I got a break, I'm going to watch these movies. Oh, these movies are terrible. So I started. I got a rot of reading done in my book. Okay, okay, But as far as movies go, I think the last movie I talked about on the show is Paddington and Peru. And but I saw a movie that I'm just gonna recommend. Movie I've seen before many times. But if you were born in the sixties, you got to revisit Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, or if you're one of those people that has a little nostalgia for the seventies, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore is a It's quite a gym. Jody Foster's in it, okay. And Ellen Burston you might know her as the Mom and the Exorcist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been in quite a few things.
Speaker 1: And Chris Christofferson is like the Hunk, a young Harvey kai Tel, a young Diane lad and a little just a little, little, tiny Jody Foster, like a twelve year old young Jody Foster. Yeah, and she's amazing in it, and the move it, the music is wonderful. It's Martin Scorsese film before he went crazy. And uh so I recommend that highly to people who like to have me recommend movies for them. Alice doesn't live here anymore. I saw on the plane I watched a real pain and I've watched you know, I've seen all the Oscar nominees. I've seen every one of them, but I haven't seen all the ones for the actors and the actresses maybe, but I think this one was the a gap I had to fill. And it's by the story of two Jews that go to Poland and one returns with an Oscar. Yeah, but it really, seriously, it only takes about two minutes before you say to yourself, keran cocaine is going to get an Oscar for this. It takes about two minutes, really, and you're like, oh my lord, I mean that must have not been hard. Then I looked at all the nominations, not not not great competition, and nothing, nothing compared, None of these other performances compared to the and but they gave him the best supporting Oscar, which it seems like he's the lead. If you look at the movie poster, he's even like, you know, right there in the poster, he's even in front of Jesse Eisenberg. So who's the lead here? He got two leads? But I think they can pick if they can say no, I think this is supporting, and they enter that way when they when they submit. So someone who's really smart, because he didn't have to compete with Adrian Brody. But yeah, too bad. He didn't beat Adrian Brodie because the oscars would have been thirty minutes shorter. So it's a good movie. It's a very good movie. And so I recommend it one hundred percent just to see Karan Colkin. It's either he's either an amazing actor or or this is the kind of you know person he is, and he's the disorders that he has.
Speaker 2: He's an incredible actor though a lot of he's really over the last three or four years, coming to his own. He had all the pretty big, big shadow of an of an older brother that he had to step out of.
Speaker 1: I squashed him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, now, he's like, I'm nothing makes it so you can step out of a sibling shadow bigger more than an oscar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. You wiped the floor of his little brother, who was a little brother's okay, so much to check on him, you know.
Speaker 2: I think I think he was very proud of him. He was quite happy. They still hang out. I think they went to a wrestling event together.
Speaker 1: Okay, because if I went an oscar, I would never talk to my brother again. So I don't need you kidding. I talked to him this morning at church. Uh, well, I don't have an oscar yet.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Then you say, why are you always polishing it? Then that's terrible. Why would you say that? Now? I saw a one of the nominees for Best Documentary yesterday, soundtrack to a Coup d'etas. I don't know if you're like me, Sam and you have Congo fever, but I have it and I can't get enough Congo documentaries, Congo podcasts, and Congo anything. The Congo is a fascinating place in Africa. And if you watch soundtrack to a Coup d'tas, they they're fusing jazz greats and they're in they're the intertwining into a a story about the struggle for Congo Lee's independence. We'll talk a little bit more about it maybe in the top of the next hour, because it's that important. Sam, Yeah, the Congo Next hot place. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood, Joe'sclante Live from Hollywood, playing you the new This has taken over as the from the YMCA as Trump's new theme song at his rallies. And when he does that dance to it, you know he's in Putin's pocket. They're bonding over different things now. Oh yeah, yeah, that music. They both love that song.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a universal anthem.
Speaker 1: It really is a jam. I bet if Trump heard that, he would probably say, let's throw that in me the throw throw a bone too, Putin over there, give him something he likes. And then uh, World War three started? All right? Anything happened while I was out of the country.
Speaker 2: No, nothing significant, nothing major?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, We're okay, all right? Good. H the celebrities, the bad celebrities. Oh wait, I was just still going to talk about soundtrack to a Cooty Ta, which I just I can't recommend enough. It's on Amazon's I think you could cast you five dollars or if you wait five minutes, cause it's probably probably be free. But so they're taking jazz like people like Dizzy Gillespie. Did you know Dizzy Gillespie trumpet player? Yes, ran for president? Really yeah, well see what happened with those giant cheeks? Yes, yes, the cheeks and and everything. Yeah, they all went and it's rusty tombone everything the government sent. The message of this movie is like, the government sends a bunch of jazz grades on like an ambassador tour, like you know, the Ambassadors of Goodwill? Quick, who are the Ambassadors of Goodwill? Whose nickname is that what outfit wrong? The Harlem Globetrotters, the Ambassadors of good Will. But they sent the all these jazz grades. Hello Dolly Guy Satchmo, oh yeah, Louis, they sent him, They sent Dizzy Gillespie and they were just gone a tour playing for these African nations and that was seemed pretty cool. And then the message of the movies, yeah, but behind the scenes they were applotting to you know, some takeovers and assassinations and regime changes and all that kind of stuff like the CIA does behind our backs. And I used to be a kind of a guy that was like, they would never do that. These are great Americans. But the more I think it's the podcasts that are poisoning my mind. I'm listening to so many podcasts. I'm now afraid of the CIA, And there's a podcast about the Congo. It's a harmless one. It's just the history of the Congo and how it was created by the King of Belgium. King of Belgium, Leopold, he wanted his own country or his own colony. All the other Europeans had all their colonies, so he was looking around and he found an easy target and it was the Congo. So he makes this colony and then it goes the way colonies go is like, you know, there's your halves and your have nots and your whites and you're not whites. And then after a while they want their independence and then you gotta deal with it. And I think the the message was that, you know, they gave them their independence, but then they created a like kudital like right like within months. Yeah, and then what the real problem is they found uranium, all the uranium that there was that was being used to make the bombs that we had and and and this is the nineteen fifties and we're we're in a war, cold war with the Soviet Union, and we're about to lose the place where we get our uranium for our bombs.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean even if you were I mean, you were a fairly uh progressive guy, Sam, but I think even you would would start to think about, what is there something we can do to keep that uranium from falling into the hands of Khrushchev.
Speaker 2: Khrushchev or you know, Komani or any.
Speaker 1: Of yes, any of something that we can do. But what the so what that looks like what the West did is they were just like you know, the Cias and the Belgian behind the scenes are trying to figure out how are we going to get this uranium. So it's that's basically the backstories the uranium, although they don't really say that's the whole story. It's more like the movie is telling you it's a fight for freedom, and the people in the West don't want these people to really be free, and that that part's not really true. They want him to be free, but they got to have that uranium. They gotta have it. I mean, they just got to have that stuff. And and who's at the UN telling the whole world that the United States is being a rotten jerk for not for for backing these regime changes. Well it's cruise Chef. He's like saying, they're the America is awful. They're awful people. He wants the uranium, you know, so everybody's awful, all right, but we want our uranium because we got to have our bombs, because we got to fight the Cold War. Luckily we won, and yeah, we got our uranium. I think I haven't I don't know what happen after this movie. But but the jazz in the movie is first rate, and the footage that you've never seen of not just jazz, but weird stuff such azz that's a weird stuff, you know, just like all of a sudden they show it's some beds spinning around in the air, and you don't know how that. I mean, just weird stuff. They cut too. They cut the jajaga Boor talking about how she loves pipes.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and then some guys.
Speaker 1: Just now and then they then there's like then they got some poet going you know. Uh, sometimes a pipe is a picture of a pipe is not a pipe, and sometimes a pipe is not a pipe, and then they go then they cut to a guy saying, we are, of course not involved in any regime change. In fact, quite the opposite. And then you're supposed to take from that like, oh, when is a pipe not a pipe? And it's it's it's a pipe, but they're saying it's not a pipe, but it's a pipe. I mean, it's just all this. Sometimes the bigar is not a cigar, right exactly. So anyway, soundtrack to a coupdata recommended highly. And then what else did I see? Oh, then there's some dark, dark viewing that I did. Sam, I'm in the on the plane. I'd push a button in the Cope Airlines. I told you Cope Airlines is the worst movies in the world. And I push a button that says classics. Okay, I'll watch Roman Holiday or Casablanca, those usually sitting around in these classic sections in the American Airlines, and it says Arthur classics.
Speaker 2: Ah, Arthur, hey, all right here it comes doudly more action. All right. So you think some horrible watch a man go into cirrhosis.
Speaker 1: How about a twenty eleven remake of Arthur. Oh no, not that one with Russell Brand. Oh goodness, not so young Helen Mirren And they really made you watch that, Jennifer Garner, did you have a did you have like options you could pick from? Well? I already picked that one, you know what. I'm like, I'm so mad. I'm like, that's not a class. You put that into any other category? But not classic?
Speaker 2: Why was that in classic?
Speaker 1: Because the Panamanians have they're not they're not that civilized yet.
Speaker 2: Move that movie just washed up on the shore.
Speaker 1: I guess. So yeah, just washed up and wow, oh yeah, blown away by it. I mean, Russell Brand is very talented, and Helen Mirren is a you know, a star, a star beyond you know, we don't deserve Helen Mirren in most movies, but in this abortion they couldn't save it.
Speaker 2: No, Oh, you're right. That is dark viewing.
Speaker 1: Watch the whole thing. And then I just gave up and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part one, knowing I wouldn't even have time to get to part two. No, but that's a way to fall asleep. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow's Part one. You will go to sleep, So I got some sleep.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: So uh, I don't recommend. I recommend bringing your own movies if you're on COPA airlines. And I think I've got some television news here. This is like who cares? But the Bachelor showrunners are all quitting. Evidently there's so much stress and hostile work environment on The Bachelor that they are you know, everyone's fighting back and forth in the two showrunners, Claire Freeland and Bennett Grabner, they're gone. And this is after Mike Flies, the creator of the show, he had to leave a couple of years ago because he had some you know, accusations that weren't very cool. And if you remember Mike Flies, you know who his sister is. No, not that one really, Yeah, Heidi Flyes is the Madam. He is a guy who thought of The Bachelor, and wow, that means he gets Bachelorette, gets you know, the Bachelor, Golden Bachelor. So he left, but he's still making money off all those shows.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, it's amazing he didn't just come up with one called the Madam.
Speaker 1: Oh that's too close to home. Yeah, all right, let's take a break and uh and for all you people that were mad that they made that movie called The Apprentice and released it right before the election to try to ruin there to be one more nail in the in the Donald Trump coffin election interference, whatever you wanted to call it. You were so mad. I've got some good news for you that I will reveal after the break when we check traffic on k e IB eleven to fifty am. This is Joe's Goalante Live from Hollywood. Joe's Galante Live from Hollywood, by Hollywood, you mean, by make now Gene Hackman one of the greatest actors of our times.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Hackman movie? I like Crimson Tide. No, I like na.
Speaker 1: Hoosiers, that great French connection, Oh yeah, and the Conversation.
Speaker 2: I like that one. Also Enemy of the State one of his better performances later on in life. Really like that.
Speaker 1: And a great Blank twin eighty two album. Yes, well that was Enema of the State.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when when the Vandals were We're coming out this record, and I was like, I wanted to title it Hitler bad, Vandals good. And then our singer, you know, he was like a little worried, like you know what people sometimes associate punk rock nazisy skinheads. We don't wonder would be having the word Hitler on our record. Just don't want it. I go missus Hitler bad. I know, I know, but we don't want it. I'm like, I was very disappointed. And then we're on a plane to Australia with Blankuin eighty two to go do some shows over there. And then I told them what we were going to call it, and the new title I didn't want to say because we changed to something very and you know safe. I'm so bears, I can't even say it. And then they said, you're calling it that, and like yeah, and I told them what the other title was, and they got so excited. They said they were going to call their album blinkwin AITI two Hitler bad, Blankwinity too good, and I told then they told their singer thank you, and then you had to change the part screw those guys, and we're taking it. So we took it, so thank you Blakuinity too. That was their best selling album, and then they called their next record I think was like Enema of the State or take Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. That was another one of theirs, and we we we and then they told us that and we're friends. Yeah, more like take off your pants and rip off the vandals? Yeah yeah, why don't you? And then that was right about when the Rancid came out with their record and out come the Gerbils. Well that wasn't really the title anyway. How did we get on this.
Speaker 2: Gene Hackman? So Gene Hackman, we went from Hackman to Gerbils?
Speaker 1: Thanks you, okay? Well. The mystery surrounding the deaths of Gene Hackman and his wife, Betsy Atta Kawa has deepened. Sam While authorities initially reported that Arakawa died from the huntavirus on February eleventh, a doctor has come forward claiming that Arakawa called his clinic on February twelfth. So she called the day before she died, a day after the reported death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after she called after she died.
Speaker 1: It's a miracle. The doctor stated she was calling to reschedule an appointment and showed no signs of respiratory distress. This contradicts the medical examiner's report and raises questions about the timeline of events, and also raises questions about any medical examiner and how the hell do they know anything. The couple's bodies were found with their Santa Fe home, you remember, and Hackman passed away from heart failure and complications from Alzheimer's. Adding to the complexity, Hackman's will reportedly leaves to his estate to Ada Kawa. This is another problem. He heard of this problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, if she died first.
Speaker 1: Yes. Uncertainty surrounds the eighty million dollars state of the Hackmans or gene Hackmans. Reports indicate that Hackman's will leaves his entire fortune to his recently deceased wife, that's the Ata Kawa. But she's dead, with no mention of his three children. But let me think about this. You got three kids, I got eight million dollars. I'm giving it all to her. I'm not giving it any to these ungrateful brats.
Speaker 2: Interesting because there was reports that his kids were celebrating allegedly after all of this had taken place, like they were in All of the kids were in a good mood. That's all alleged. I don't have I don't know where that report came from. I know I heard it came from the devil. So I am very happy to say allegedly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a crucial detail has emerged. Authorities believe Arakawa predeceased Hackem by as much as a week since she passed first the will okay, so it's like I give all my money to this lady. Okay. If she dies, then then she has a.
Speaker 2: Will giving everything to him to him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now if she dies, there's no one to get it doesn't go to her, and if it does go to her estate or something, it goes back to him. So now that's the same thing that's called dying into state. You don't have a will, you have no valid will. So if you die inter state, then they go to the interstate secession and in California, like most states, it would go to do you have any issue? And that's what they call kids in a state trust and will's law. Do you have any issue? Well, they have some issues. He's got three issues, so they're going to get it third to thirty third and so I don't see any other way out of that. Yeah, But the first they have to go through probate, which is a mess. And I would give anything to probate that estate because the probate is the fee that the lawyer gets is based on a percentage of the value of the estate. Now I've done three or four, four or five, I don't know, five or six, maybe probates because not that I ever, you know, it was a big time lawyer or anything. I'm just an entertainment law guy, and it'd be more of a legal expert. But I go to church a lot. When you go to church a lot and the old ladies find out that you're a lawyer, always coming up to you with something, and then you know the widows, and so I learned how to do probates to help these ladies. And by helping them, I got a percentage of the estates which they can't even not pay me. The court pays me. And so it's a great thing to do if you're not like a full time, you know, hardcore lawyer, because you don't want to, especially if you're a guy in a punk band that's a lawyer. Because if you're a guy in a punk band and a lawyer and you send a letter to another attorney, they google you and they laugh at you. So I can't do that. But here I am just ask you for tickets. Yeah, they might do that, So I'm so I learned how to do probates. But the probates anybody who probe it who dies with no trust or no will or anything, they don't have it. If they're if they're wealthy, they have a trust. Yeah, they're not wealthy, they they don't. And then you get a percentage of that. And and so I was getting a percentage of some the states, but nothing like an eighty million things.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of money in Jeene Hackman's estate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So whoever is the the probate attorney in that one? Uh, you know, congratulations? Yeah, And if you don't have one Hackman's, give me a called.
Speaker 2: What kind of percentage is usually gotten by attorneys or what kind of fees do attorneys get?
Speaker 1: Usually fourteen percent or something of the actual percentages? But you know, it was always you know.
Speaker 2: I got in the wrong field. I could have just gotten my law degree and pass the bar magically and then somehow just sit there and wait for people to die. Right you have to go to church now, oh yeah, and that's.
Speaker 1: Where it to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, the people you get like that be bad?
Speaker 2: Would that be wrong of me?
Speaker 1: Probably? You it's better than actually poisoning them, and you know.
Speaker 2: And or hiring someone else to kill them a hit man.
Speaker 1: So what you do is, yeah, you get a percentage of that, like it's a it's a large percentage of the first you know, four hundred thousand or something. Then it's a reduced amount after that. Okay, you know, so it goes down to you know, pretty low percentage. But wow, So that that'll be very interesting. And it's a very interesting case of course, because you know, she died, he died. She was I mean, how much did he suffer? And then there's a dog that was like sitting in a kennel or something that died.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, yeah, no, that's the thing. He had dementia Alzheimer's, and she passes away ahead of him. He's probably having moments where he's having some bits and pieces of clarity knowing what's happening, and then going into dementia.
Speaker 1: Went in dementia again. So he probably didn't suffer. And God gave him that dementia because he knew it was he was gonna need something to keep his mind off of what was really going on.
Speaker 2: That's just horrifying.
Speaker 1: And she was a young she was like a young, pretty trophy wife. Yeah, and who knew she would go first hunt a virus. Yeah, but you know also that the kids are probably like, look at this dragon lady steal all our dad's money.
Speaker 2: That's why I heard reports that the kids were extremely happy with what happened, because if she passed away first, then at there it goes automatically to the kids.
Speaker 1: It's like someone came in and broke the slot machine. Yeah, and and and he won, and they won, and then they probably were thought he was suffering anyway, so they're not They don't mind that he died because he was suffering so bad. Yeah, but you know a little bonus that that she goes.
Speaker 2: If they weren't in the will, then they may have had a very testy relationship.
Speaker 1: On the Well, well here's what happens. They start they on, uh, that woman's trying that woman is trying to steal your money. Uh. And then you say, well, if you don't love her, you don't love me. I'll never talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why you have to love your parents spouse, their their stepdad or whatever like that. You just have to. And that's my legal advice. Love your your parents' spouse. Joe'scalante Live from Hollywood back after this, Joe was Scalante Live from Hollywood. Hey, were you mad that someone made a movie about Donald Trump and released it right before the election to try to interfere with your right to elect your own president who you want? Okay, Well, some a lot of people work, a lot of people were. You know how they did they were They tried to throw him ja oh, they tried to take him off the ballot, they tried to kill him. They tried to do whatever they could, and then that if that doesn't work, we'll make a movie that shows him being a loudmouth from Queen's and we'll release it right before the election, and then everyone will see this movie and they'll say, Wow, we can elect this guy.
Speaker 2: Nobody saw it.
Speaker 1: Not only nobody saw it. I mean we already know he's allowed mouth from Queen's. All right, We've we elected, we voted, the America wanted allowed mouth from Queens as their president. So anyways, the director of that movie is now denying or apologizing for his own You know, they try to say he was a womanizer in the movie, blah blah blah blah blah. But now the director has been accused of the same things that they were accusing Donald Trumpe. And you think a guy that made a movie like that would keep his hands clean for a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, if he does get accused with anything, he could just run for office and get all the charges dropped.
Speaker 1: Maybe he could try that. Ali Abbassi, who directed the controversial by.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, with that last name, he ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Now, he's not guess what. Evidently he's on the plane uh and being shipped back to wherever all Obassi's come from. No, he was at the Golden Globe party. He uh slapped someone on the rear end and.
Speaker 2: One of those good appropriate games rear end slaps, or like something more suggestive.
Speaker 1: Something more like, hey, your mind, I own you. This is how I express my feelings. No, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm used to the you know, like everybody like, you know, playing softball or whatever game.
Speaker 1: Well, it was bad enough to where it became an issue and he had to apologize, and then he was dropped from his agency. And but then they're saying, that's not why he got dropped. He ended up with another agency, not a great one, but he ended up with one. So Ali Abassi.
Speaker 2: Notorious cheek clapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I don't know what people people are doing these days when they learn anything. I made a whole movie trying to ruin someone for this kind of stuf.
Speaker 2: If it was a good movie, cool, it just was you know.
Speaker 1: We all know that movie was not gonna be good. It's like the you know, some Christian movies, you know, they're like, oh, the movement is, we got a movement, and we're gonna make this message, and then they don't spend enough time developing the actual movie, the actual movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Christian movies have gone have come a long way. There's now many good ones. Some Canadian movies are also good now. But this kind of a cause movie, it's you know, everyone's in a hurry to get it out. We got to get it out by election time. We know it's not gonna be good. Yeah, So I think that's something American can come together on. We already know this movie is no good. We don't even have to see it.
Speaker 2: I think by the time it came out, just about everybody had their minds made up. So it doesn't even matter really if you're gonna be throwing out a movie at that point, the people who you're aiming for are gonna be like, we don't care, we don't want to see any more of this kind of And the people who you're aiming to like piss off or get under their skin with this stuff aren't going to go to see it on principle. Yeah, so you've you kind of missed completely with an entire audience unless you're looking to, you know, maybe do a foreign like hit foreign audiences who need to get more familiarized with that person's vision of what Trump looks like. But really nobody in America wanted to see that at that point.
Speaker 1: So speaking of that kind of stuff, the Sundance Film Festival is now perhaps moving out of where there's many many cities are are bidding for it, and they had a ten year agreement with the park city where it is and things up, and so the future of having it in Utah is jeopardy. Now. Not helping is a lot a bill before the governor's office that's about to be signed by the governor that says there is it's one of those laws that said you can't put any flag on a government property other than the state flag and the American flag. Okay, Now, who do you think people think that's aimed at?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The POWs maybe, or maybe the rainbow people maybe. Yeah, So obviously it's a rule to keep the rainbow flag off of them because that's controversial. And then if you got the rainbow flag, you know what's next the cats and dogs living together.
Speaker 2: Flag, Animals united, right, right?
Speaker 1: And so anyway, so I think that's a pretty normal I mean, I'm how you feel about this, but I think that's a pretty normal thing for Utah to do. It. Just go, you know what, if you can have a rainbow flag, why can't you have a Joseph Smith flag or.
Speaker 2: And it's up to the filmmakers and the people who run that show if they want to stay there or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, and so if they don't want to stay there, fine, But if you're a person who's agitating over this, then you, to me, that's where the problem is. I think you're you're you should find another hobby. Let the Utah people do their Utah thing and let them have their film fest. But so that's what's going on. I don't know what will happen, because you know, people get get agitated.
Speaker 2: Well, we're living in very much an outrage field society. So the more they call it clickbait, I guess. But there's the more you can cater to a person's sense of outrage, you're going to draw more of an emotional response.
Speaker 1: We'll speak of speaking of outrage, how do you how do you think the outraged fans, the fans of the Tool that went to the Dominican Republic see them and at a Destination concert felt when they saw two sets and they weren't one hundred percent different. Yeah, so there's a there's a disgusting law firm running around. They're called the Russek Firm h and they're put they're they're posting ads on Facebook saying, you know, did you see Tool? Did you pay four thousand dollars to ten thousand dollars? And were you promised two unique Tool set lists? So they want to sue Tool and get all their fans together and have a class action suit and sue the band Tool because they were promised two unique Tool set lists and they weren't. They try to make you believe that they were the same set. No, they weren't the same set.
Speaker 2: They had the same songs both days.
Speaker 1: No, they had both days had four similar songs Fear Inoculum, Rosetta, Stoned, Numa, and Jumbie. Okay, so you're saying they they have to play one hundred percent different sets like that doesn't make any sense because some songs are just people want to hear every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they have certain songs that everybody are familiar with, Numa and stuff like that that are people are. It's the crowd pleasers, and ultimately it's up to the band to be the one to determine what songs they want to sing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you're going to see the set they want that they feel best about performing for you, so you don't decide this this this set. But even if they promise too unique, this is why this lawsuit fails and the guy, the ambulance chaser trying to do it is a loser. They promise too unique things, too unique sets, and of course they're unique. They have a mixed song. They might have put a little bit of different vibe into the same songs they played. Yeah, you know that Maynard could be standing in the middle during one and maybe he's climbing on the rafteries or he's back on a vanity box or something. Everything's different. Yeah, it's all ephemeral.
Speaker 2: They had a bunch of different songs that they actually played different between the two shows.
Speaker 1: But if you don't play those songs, there's gonna be some jackass going, why didn't you play Numa? Yeah, Numa, Numa? Oh man, they didn't play Numa.
Speaker 2: I saw the set list both nights. They didn't play sober.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If I was there, I would have been pissed. But you want to know something, I would have been thrilled to death just seeing Danny Carey on the drums.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw him live by the way at the Baked Potato here at the Jazz Club in North Hollywood, which is hilarious watching him, Yeah, play the drums just with a bunch of jazz musicians. Yeah, it was fantastic. It was also like not the usual sound you're expecting, you know.
Speaker 1: I say, Josh Josh Freeze, drummer of Foo Fighters in the Vandals, plays occasional gigs over at.
Speaker 2: That Baked Potato. Love that spot. The potatoes are amazing.
Speaker 1: The potato is we should I'm glad people actually support that place because if it goes away, it'd be a tragedy. So anyway, if if you're thinking about getting in on this tool thing, you are a tool, and don't do it. This is not what we need the courts for. And this guy russk from this Georgian law firm should be ashamed of himself. And you know, if you love a band, let him give you the show that they want to give you. And if you want to go on Facebook and make suggestions, fine, But if you're going to be a hater, you know you're you're You're a pathetic You're a pathetic person, so don't be pathetic.
Speaker 2: I agree, all right.
Speaker 1: When we return, just when you think the worldsh I thought we were like had peaked in wokeness. I thought there was a peak and then we were going back down the other side. When you say we're on the other side of it.
Speaker 2: I would say at this point we are in a post woke society. But I get the feeling there's going to be moments.
Speaker 1: Not in England, so I'll tell you what's going on over there. It's probably the worst one too. It's some peak woke. I don't know it. After traffic you'll find out. Joe Scalante li from Hollywood Joe Joe's coolante by from Hollywood. By Hollywood, you mean Burbank on our final segment of the evening before whatever that thing is comes on after this show, that really cool guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy. I love that guy. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So uh is it still the tech guy? Yeah, we love the tech guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Check it out, check it out, take it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh wow, this is this One's gonna kinna even you, Sam, are gonna throw up in your mouth a little bit. Shakespeare's birthplace to be decolonized. What decolonized?
Speaker 2: But wait, this is where colonialism came from.
Speaker 1: Well, let's I know, but uh, this is a term I just I just learned today. Decolonized. We have to decolonize it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The trust that controls the Stratford upon Avon Thing, the birthplace of William Shakespeare, Well they're undergoing a process of decolonization, Sam, following concerns that the playwright's work has been used to promote white supremacy.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, which manages properties related to Shakespeare in Stratford upon Avon, is reevaluating its collections to create a more inclusive experience. A research project claimed that now, by the way, you got a research project. You know. Now, you know you're in trouble. You're listening to a research project. And they claim that presenting Shakespeare as a universal genius reinforces white European supremacy by positioning European culture as the global standard for high art. The Trust is now exploring the impact of colonialism on its collections and how Shakespeare's work played a role in that history. This initiative involves addressing potentially harmful language and depictions in the archives and presenting Shakespeare as part of a diverse community of writers. So he's not the greatest. Hey, everybody, it's an but we got to read these other people. They're all equal. The Trust has secured funding to broaden its international perspective, hosting events celebrating other global artists. This move follows a trend of racially focused criticism of Shakespeare, with some academics examining themes of race in his plays.
Speaker 2: Did Shakespeare even see a black guy? Has he ever met a Latino? It was England for white people. Yeah, what are you complaining about? Well, like does that mean that so like if we go to like all of the different homes of some of the great authors, no matter what their race are, we have to have also like sections on every other great author.
Speaker 1: I would say people would argue only if those if they're white, because this is a this is this is an anti or Western This isn't what people think. This is is a war on the West. This is an anti Western thing to bring down the West, and that is a conspiracy theory. Would you not agree?
Speaker 2: I would agree that is a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this kind of this would go in the category of you know what, all conspiracy theories turn out sooner or later to be true. That there's people who think that now you're just giving them fodder that See, they are trying to bring down the West because the West is a pillar of Western culture. Is William Shakespeare, and they want to take him down.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing I've They don't just want.
Speaker 1: To take they don't just want to celebrate everybody else. They want to tell you that he's the problem. He was a racist, and celebrating him perpetuates white supremacy.
Speaker 2: That's weird, weird, that's weird.
Speaker 1: That's just that's the the world. We thought we got rid of. A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing, the that element of wokeism is so unnecessary because he was British.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if you want to tear down the West?
Speaker 2: I mean I always looked at Shakespeare as a British writer. It's not like a he represents all of white right, white writers from all over Europe. I'm sure there was great German writers and great Middle Eastern writers, and great writers from all China and all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you're an enlightened individual we have.
Speaker 2: I understand that they want to make it more inclusive for the audience. Great, you can do that, that's no problem. I have no problem with that. The thing is, are we doing it by trying to change who he actually was?
Speaker 1: No, you're trying to vilify him and say that he was a a jerk basically, and he and he's part of the problem. And we cannot fifteen hundred. Yeah, we cannot move forward until everybody knows that this guy has to be erased. Pretty much, it's an erasure of Western culture. And you know, the sad thing to me is, you know, people like we're on the other side of this wokeism and now we're being dragged back.
Speaker 2: So wait, does this mean that? I mean, if it's something like to the extent or to something to the effect of having say, an African American person perform as one of the Shakespearean characters, I'm okay with that. Yes, fine, yeah, I have I love having great performers. It doesn't matter who it is play those roles. By all means do it. We do it. It's acting.
Speaker 1: It's not enough though, It's not enough. We have to go to where it came and we have to go to that town and say everything this town has been built on is a lie because this is the new truth. And that's just you know, feeds into the anti Western Marxist conspiracy. They want to it's MoU's cultural revolution and they want they'll not they will not be happy until the West is brought to its knees.
Speaker 2: If it's historically accurate, I'm okay. If it starts to go away from historical accuracy, that's when you've lost me.
Speaker 1: And we lost you here. Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I'm bored with that stuff. I'm it's just that to me is like so unnecessary. Now he's an old British guy from four hundred, five hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: What's what sizes your head? Because I'm gonna get you a maga hat. Oh, I don't hear it. Now that you've moved to the other side of God. No, now that you've moved, now that you know that, But can you see like this is not helping? This is you know what the kind of stuff this does.
Speaker 2: I want to see what exactly they're talking about before I get all. I told you what.
Speaker 1: They're talking about. But no, they've got to bring it down.
Speaker 2: Well, what though, what specifically are they changing If.
Speaker 1: You're trying to say that this is this you're celebrating him too much and you're saying that he's great, and and then now we have to other people. We're trying to tell people that Western culture is not great, and you're saying is great.
Speaker 2: I also a Catholic, Yeah, a white writer. It doesn't reflect all of society.
Speaker 1: Well, what happens is this will end up. They'll get a candidate. They're going to get a Trump over there if they keep keep this up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all
Speaker 1: Right, Well, now leave you with just a taste of the greatest song ever Bitten