Speaker 1: This is me on guitar or pilgrim.
Speaker 2: Not true.
Speaker 1: No, it's not bad, John Wayne Trail.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw where the the wild fire in Cali. You saw how that was started?
Speaker 1: Right, No, there's wild fire and Cali. How unique.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest one they've had in like two or three years.
Speaker 1: Everyone they have is the biggest one there.
Speaker 2: So people are standing around at this park. Yeah, what's that guy doing? Okay, he's pulling something in his car. What that didn't look good? What is he doing? Lights the car on fire?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: And then he pushes it down the ravine. Oh, into the thing. And that's and now everyone standing around was like, oh my god, what is happening. That's how this giant fire started. You know, they got the guy by the way, But this dude, can you imagine losing your house because this a hole lit his car on fire and pushed it down a hill. I mean, I believe.
Speaker 1: Which reminds me. You know how I watch old timey shows. You know, I prefer nothing later than nineteen eighty nine. Maybe gotcha start rewatching chips yesterday?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Boy, started fire started from the pilot. Oh, there's always a fire. There's always you know, a criminal element, sneaking stuff through in a box truck or a semi same story every week, but same smile from paunching John.
Speaker 2: I don't want to seem very old, Yeah, but you are. So anytime somebody says something in office and obvious, I always go, you think Nancy Drew. Nobody gets Nancy Drew, and so it's always I have to do the I have to do. The females always go do you think Nancy Drew? And the other ones? I go, the Hardy Boys are, well, you think Hardy Boys? And because I'm a jerk, my.
Speaker 1: Go to is really which one are you cag me or a laser? So I howd you figure that one out?
Speaker 2: So the other day, yesterday I did this to one of my friends, I go, you think Nancy Drew? And I started looking up My favorite for some reason as a kid, like an episode that stuck in my head was The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. Remember they did the show together.
Speaker 1: I don't really think I've ever seen either, and they had It.
Speaker 2: Was Sean Cassidy and Rick. Do you remember the other Hardy Boy? He was He was married to.
Speaker 3: Kercy ally something Stevenson.
Speaker 2: Yes, that so they I remember as a kid the Halloween, the Halloween episode to where they're trapped in this castle. And so I go to YouTube and I go, all right, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Halloween episode, and the whole episode comes up.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I knew there were books. I never knew they were TV shows.
Speaker 2: It was called Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Meet Dracula seventy five, seventy six.
Speaker 1: I guess was was Dracula the old Tommy Dracus.
Speaker 2: Like, it's so funny, you got it, I'm telling you, if you want to do it now, you watch these shows all the time. That's all you watch.
Speaker 1: All watched like last night for our before we went to bad, we watched an episode of Colombo.
Speaker 3: That's a good show.
Speaker 1: That's a great ratiow.
Speaker 2: Just one more thing.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, sir, you said that Rick was the producer that morning. That makes sense you Just one more thing. Yeah, didn't you say that Rick was a also a penis X. But uh, the other night I watched it. They got all the like they got all these great celebrities and like some of the people you see with bit parts, like there was a waitress the other night on Colombo, no speaking parts all. She just walk over and she's like picked up the dish, walked away.
Speaker 2: Jamie Curtis, Yeah, uh, but.
Speaker 1: Last night Dick Van Dyke was a killer photographer. And then three nights ago we watched it and Johnny Cash and this was a stretch. Johnny Cash had to play a country singer. Oh no, and his name was Tommy Brown.
Speaker 2: Tommy Brown Colombo fascinates my son. Johnny's twenty one. He's like, wait a minute, because he will see you watch a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of it.
Speaker 2: He'll go. So the short goofy, he's got a raincoat on all the time, all the time, and he's got he's got he's got a funny way he talks and then googly eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I go, yeah, he goes, that's the hero of the show. I go yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was the seventies and they wears the same damn suit. It was the seventies, just the same damn suit. Yeah. One more thing, geez, you.
Speaker 1: Know the wife loves you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he really had an eye on things.
Speaker 2: Oh, take a dollar out.
Speaker 3: It's a dollar out ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: In Georgia, man had to be rescued from a well after he was trapped while trying to receive a retrieve. One of the most important items you have in life your cell phone.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Uh.
Speaker 1: Police were alerted to the missing man when his son came and reported him missing by running around in a circle and barking, no one, No, wait a minute, that was lasting.
Speaker 2: That did that?
Speaker 1: This guy get it? He's stuck in a well. Kid walking in yesterday. The kid walked in the police office said hey, my dad's stuck in a well, and they said, we don't understand. He goes, oh, wait a minute, stir on his circles, rubbing his butt across the carpet. It obviously this uh. According to the boy, his unnamed father went out to look for his cell phone he had lost. Cops eventually found the missing man's car at the scene. That's when they heard his cell phone ringing and also heard the man screaming from a well fifty feet underground.
Speaker 2: The guy, come on, buy another phone, right?
Speaker 1: And what are you thinking? Why are you gonna are you a stretch your armstrong? How are you gonna reach down fifty feet?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Addiction is real, It really is, It really is, man. It's crazy. By the way, we lastie, you mentioned be an actor on that show. Wait a minute, you're an actor on a show where the smartest character is a dog. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only star on the door goes to a dog. Yeah, lassie, Hey, where's the Hey we need we got script revision. Where's the star? Oh he's in there licking himself. Go talk to him now if you want. He's in there licking his butts. That's when the man fell fifty feet underground. The man was able to be rescued, but it wasn't an easy rescue. He was taking for the woods on a stretcher, and the extent of his injuries have not been reported. But good news is is cell phone still works after falling fifty.
Speaker 2: Why well, he spent the time just searching or surfing Facebook while he was waiting. Surprisingly great reception down here.
Speaker 1: We couldn't just Facebook live.
Speaker 2: Good job atn T.
Speaker 1: Couldn't just Facebook live though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What does he need? Someone else? Call nine one one from the well right, dumb ass? Well, Speaking of apps and cell phones, bad news for a priest. A priest is suing the dating app Grinder. He claims that he was outed when he tried to use the app mon Jeffrey Burrow is mon, is that a big is that high up in the church.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of monsignors.
Speaker 1: Mon Jeffrey Barrow b U R I l L. I guess I said, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So he's under that ingrinder which is a gay app? Correct a gay hookup app? In grinder, the gay hookup app. I think it is asking you you should know.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is. I did used to work when we had a whole staff back of the old building. On my computer. Go, is anybody having trouble logging on their Grinder account? Or is it just me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Boy, they miss you in sales.
Speaker 1: Yes, they do well. Evidently Moni started using the app Grinder in twenty seventeen. His belief was that there was no indication that people outside the app could access his data. According to a lawsuit, that's not true. The monsignor never he said, I never would have downloaded the app had I known it was possible that other people could see me.
Speaker 2: Wow, so he's suing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes, I never would have downloaded the app had I known other people could have seen me on here, especially considering I took a valve celibacy Okay.
Speaker 2: So the whole point is he wanted the name remain anonymous, and so the very few people that saw him on Grinder, he now elevated to one thousand times amount of people by suing them, in turn making it a story.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, absolutely on account.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Shut up and go back to what you're doing.
Speaker 1: As part of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops in twenty twenty one, a Catholic media site reported that he had been using Grinder and that's when the Catholic Church stripped him of his I guess his caller. I don't know what it is. The suit accuses Grinder of not protecting his data, leading him to lose his job, causing him to suffer significant damages to his reputation. I would think it, say's.
Speaker 2: So right, Yeah, he probably wasn't a very good priest.
Speaker 1: There's a new date.
Speaker 2: Obviously he wasn't a very It's kind of obvious and disappointment.
Speaker 1: Had I known that I could have been outed, I never would have downloaded the app, especially because of my vow of Celia celiacy. There's a new dating app, not dating app, but dating term out. I actually like this one. I think a stupid name for it, but I like when penguins do it. It's called pebbling and expanded glossary of all these dating terms we already have to try to learn. Thank god you and I are married.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: That, I could, Rick. Could you imagine dating in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: Couldn't imagine?
Speaker 1: Just a miserable experiences pebbling. It seems that pebbling is now when someone shares a meme or video link to you, just out of the blue from the opposite sex. Apparently it's been linked to the way penguins bring a pebble. Yeah, they bring a pedal when they sit it down the other penguin's foot. Now he says, oh, I don't want to marry you, missus penguin. Here's a rock, and also the promise of feish.
Speaker 2: Obviously it would be miss penguin since I.
Speaker 1: Don't see penguin gender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well you never know that question on Crusade for Children trivia and you do it right away. You hit the bell and they scarred, screaming and all that. That's uh, take a rock to take a rock to him English? And I don't know the difference between a pebble and a rock.
Speaker 1: Pebble is a little bit smoother and smaller. A rock can be jagged.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: But listen, if you're a penguin, all right and you want that perfect rock to say, will you marry me? You know, and no other pebble will do, go to Genesis Diamond.
Speaker 2: Genesis Diamond, Chilverrip pleasant, it's the trader. Joe's the biggest g I A certified a sale of the year is happening this weekend.
Speaker 1: Off all the rocks and pebbles.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry pebbles.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're such an idiot, screwed up the cop.
Speaker 2: I apologize, all right, so we we'd get We gave you a little heads up for parents that don't pay attention in the first break, last hour at this time. School starts a week from Thursday, and we all remember the disaster that was the first day.
Speaker 1: Not this year, last year.
Speaker 2: It was a national story, the national news outlets, from Good Morning America, this today's show, they all showed up to do live shots from Louisville going This has been a one hundred thousand students. This is the biggest busting disaster which amplified the problems in Miami and Chicago and all these rest of these cities. They can't bus kids anymore because he can't find drivers.
Speaker 1: Gosh, who could have solved this one?
Speaker 2: Coming everyone? Yeah, so including the people that run the bus routes. Yeah, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Do you see where Chrissy Kobe is stepping down from the board? Goodness, bad news is stepping down from the board. Bad news is is because he wants to be a teacher and be one on on with your joke.
Speaker 2: I think that is the best. I can't wait for him to get into an actual classroom and have to teach these kids. Cannot wait. I cannot wait for him to And he has to commit. If he goes in he becomes a teacher, he has to do a full year. You can't just get in here and go okay, I didn't understand because you don't understand what it is to teach the kids today. I don't think you don't know.
Speaker 1: You're talking about a guy that thinks there's multiple genders teaching children.
Speaker 2: Well, here's another thing.
Speaker 1: I identify as a butterfly. Then you're a butterfly, timmy fly, and be beautiful.
Speaker 2: So he he left a list. He sent a letter out. I swear to God, cold thinks he's so important, talks to you with I know him. I don't know him personally, I don't and I just know he there are individuals that believe that that what they're doing is so important that the rest of us need to stop what we're doing and listen to you for a second. He left a list. Did you not see the list of his accomplishments? He wrote out a list. Here's what I accomplished as I when I was when I I I I I was on the board. So we're gonna go through the list when Dave gets there, and we'll go. We'll go. Let's let's go through the list of accomplishment for mister Cole.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know why some people, I mean, you joined the school board. I hope for good intentions, but so hopefully for the kids. I think it's a power trip for most of these people, you think, Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hey find out more at www dot dude dot com dot com. Yeah, who do we have?
Speaker 2: Uh? You have sims one m furniture, Sim's furniture, Babby.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you have company over are you proud of that living room? Are you proud of that dining room? Maybe even have company in the bedroom. I don't know. I'm not here to judge, but if you do, let's get a new bedroom suit, Let's get a new kitchen table, a new dining room, selling good new living room furniture, and let's do it with Sims furniture.
Speaker 2: And if you've decided this is three out of four couples, they sleep separately. If you need to have a new bedroom, like and you get to go pick out, yes, a new little furniture and all that stuff for your bedroom because it's that you sleep better. Do it Sims furniture. It's got one m Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe Sims furniture, Dixie Highway also pressed in Highway, and they even do mattresses. Are you and your wife or husband starting to do the thing? We sink down in the middle and you meet and you touch butts. No, don't sleep in a canoe. Sleep on a good firm mattress. Better for your bed back, better for a good night's sleep. If you spend one thousand dollars or more at Sims Furniture, you're gonna get a free television. That's right. That's cash.
Speaker 2: Say what cash?
Speaker 1: More credit, Tony, You're gonna love your furniture at SIMS Furniture's two locations, one on Dixie Highway next to the courthouse and one on Presston Highway in the old Target building. All right, stick around courty, donaho is on the way that we played really in the.
Speaker 2: Years, you're running the show, Ricks, right, I've got it, all right, all right, all right, back after this you read to wait forty wha is all right? Sid for reeling in the years? Dave is not here, Rick is in and usually somebody else does it. And Rick is then extpert of the sixties. But he's gonna run the show today. Corty dunnahe always buddy, Cordy, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm waiting for this. I love when Rix involved.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Rix, Rix, don't tell us the decade. Rick, you just gotta start playing the songs.
Speaker 3: Okay, So no no clues, no clues at all.
Speaker 2: You just start playing the sounds.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to make a challenging for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys ready, Yeah a second, okay, hold on.
Speaker 3: Its modern technology. You gotta love it. Okay, here we go. Here's the first song.
Speaker 2: Eight it's eighty.
Speaker 1: Uh what do.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Billy Joel played.
Speaker 2: Played his thy one eighty one.
Speaker 6: So he played his final show at Madison Square Guards And I have to tell you New York News that was actually the number one story leading.
Speaker 2: News four hundred days ago or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did a row he was? He was at Massive Square Gardens for several weeks, maybe like a couple of days. I think I think it was a year. Years.
Speaker 2: It was years, dude.
Speaker 1: He didn't occupy Madison Square Gardens every date for four hundred days.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 6: I saw him in Madison Square Garden and it was probably every other month.
Speaker 5: And I saw him for my fortieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was twenty years ago. You lift the door open.
Speaker 6: I got but I was so annoyed because I arrived in. I arrived in a few minutes late because most concerts start.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, he starts on time.
Speaker 2: Because he's an old man.
Speaker 1: Susan was there last year and saw it. She was there, own business, the older the artist.
Speaker 2: Remember you went to uh which guy?
Speaker 1: Very No, it started seven seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Very man, little started on time at seven o'clock eighty five.
Speaker 1: It's the greatest concert ever. I'm walking in I see kling Keeling goes, hey, you have a great He was work security. He goes, you have a great ninety And I said, why he goes he's on at seven. I said, what do you mean? He goes Barry Manilow is on at seven, nine o'clock o'clock.
Speaker 2: The guy's going fantastic.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, not thirty. I'm in bed watching.
Speaker 2: All We've chased up squirrels. Song number two.
Speaker 3: Please, okay, here it.
Speaker 1: Comes, take me to funk it down. Billy Joe has me lower man. Yeah, eighty one at the high end. Okay, I still got a little disco feel to it.
Speaker 2: Hate you too, It's okay. It's a I remember skating a chance rollerdrome to this.
Speaker 5: Talk about it, talk about it, talk about it.
Speaker 1: All right, that sounds great. Okay, I'm again again.
Speaker 5: We were on key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you all sounded great.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go number three three.
Speaker 5: Oh, nineteen eighty. This is definitely eighty.
Speaker 2: It's nineteen eighty. This is physical, right, No, this is this is uh. It was from Xanadu. Yep, it was from the movie Xana do right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: One word Xana Do more like Xanna poo.
Speaker 5: Sorry, oh wait, we have to get to the course of this.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I saw Xanadu in the movie theaters and I was like, whatever, whatever I was, it was dumb. Then it's dumb. Now.
Speaker 5: I saw Zana Do.
Speaker 2: It was great music, lousy movie.
Speaker 6: I saw Xana Do on Broadway and somebody bought me a ticket to go sit in the front row. It's a roller skating show. I almost had a heart attack the whole entire time as the roller skating toward me.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it have to be. It was mach chick.
Speaker 1: No one said my way eighty or eighty one.
Speaker 2: The main character in that movie, by the way, is the is the guy that's the main character in the Gang movie. In the nineteen seventies in New York.
Speaker 1: Warriors Warriors, Hey find out more about Xana Do a www dot dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was Matt It was Elo.
Speaker 2: What the album l O was that sticks? No?
Speaker 5: No, Yello?
Speaker 2: He was yellows right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, seeing a seeing a Broadways person roller.
Speaker 2: Skate seventy nine? Now are we we're talking about seventy.
Speaker 1: One? No, pimpy, No, can't Billy Joe glass houses.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, dude, I'll go eighty.
Speaker 1: On glass houses, but I won't go hey hire in eighty one. No, definitely, let's keep let's keep going.
Speaker 3: I've got two more songs. Okay, here's one.
Speaker 1: Against the way.
Speaker 2: Is it a eighty sounds right?
Speaker 1: It's eighty?
Speaker 2: I don't know seventy nine eighty, man, it's really.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is eighty because I remember when I was twelve, my mom started teaching me how to drive.
Speaker 2: And this was a hit when you were twelve. When I was twelve, Southside people are so awesome twelve years old, she would did she did you? Because you've drove on Dixie did she tell you how to drive on Dixie High? But when you were driving? Did she have you carry him Martin? Like a marble red?
Speaker 1: No hand?
Speaker 2: So you had a marble red at your mouth flipping someone off while you learned to drive at.
Speaker 1: Twelve, I was not flipping off yet. I was not that advanced. Yeah, I got it, but I do remember specifically, I was twelve years old. My mother would take me and we learned how to drive at twelve, and that was a hit. Against the wind, I like eighty.
Speaker 5: No, I'm definitely like an eighty because one more song.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the last song.
Speaker 5: Oh is this a rose?
Speaker 1: Some say love it is a rose bud.
Speaker 2: It's nineteen eighty definitely yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, is that the final answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: Night.
Speaker 5: No, but dad, I was about to call her Gloria Estefan.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: No, what's her name? You know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Miller?
Speaker 5: No, No, that we're going back to the from Xanadu. Oh, Olivia Newton John. I don't know why I wanted to click.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, that reminded me of nineteen eighty and my dad always played that song.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, guys, my dad's in the hospital.
Speaker 6: Oh dad, Dad was in physical therapy and he was manipulated and he broke a bone in his back.
Speaker 2: Shut from the door. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, my poor mom is like, he's in so much pain and he's uh, he's in the hospital.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say, he ate your food, So.
Speaker 5: You're terrible. I'm a good cut.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you. All right, so let's get to the market. We're late, all right.
Speaker 5: We are looking at a mixed start to the day.
Speaker 6: The Dow right now down one hundred and forty points, the S and P five hundred rising two tens of percent lifted by tech shares. Keep in mind we have a number of companies reporting earnings results, some of the big tech names. We have Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple reporting this weekend. Don't forget the Federal Reserve also gathers with the news radio waight forty whas Bloomberg Money Report.
Speaker 1: I'm Courtney Donahoe, Little Peter Gabriel there News RADI to wait forty whs. You gonna love our next guest. There's an old saying that I love, by the way, and it's saying goes like this, it takes guts to leave the ruts. And that's certainly what our next guest, Peyton Turner, did find out more about her in the book. We're going to talk about it Peyton Turner art dot com. But it does take guts to leave the ruts. First of all, good morning, Peyton, how are you doing good? Yeah, get right up on that mic right there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming in this morning, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's get to it because it's an interesting story, and for me, it's an inspiring story. That's why I want to join. Twenty nineteen, You're working in medicine cardiology. You've got this great and more importantly stable career, rewarding career, high paying career, everything, and you decay. You know what, that's not what I want to do. I want to chase something else. And you went after it and you got out of the medical field. Talk about what you did and what legends before.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I'm saying. Did you not get that part? Oh okay, yeah, sorry?
Speaker 4: Right, So December fifth, twenty nineteen, was my last day practicing medicine. Talk about right, And I had this huge intuitive hit in June of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: I had left my.
Speaker 4: Backstory like before that, as I left an abusive relationship, I had healed a lot and I was wanting to help other women do the same thing. And so I was going to start a coaching business. And in June of twenty nineteen, I just I remember I was on a coaching call with my coach and I thought, you know what, it's time to quit. It's time to leave medicine. Like if I want to do this I've got to leave, and so I waited about three days, let it settle in. It still felt right, and I went into my practice manager and said, you know, I think I think I'm done.
Speaker 1: And by the way, what does she say?
Speaker 4: It was a heat and she was super surprised. That was just an awesome supportive practice. I mean, they were so great. I gave him like a six month you know, lead time because it was it was challenging to find not challenging, but it took some time to find a replacement.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: By the way, it hit the fan in first quarter of twenty twenty March. Yeah, but the scares and all this started. Yeah, I mean it was really close.
Speaker 2: We got out of our chairs and walked out of the studio. I will never forget. It was March sixteenth. We got the email and said, well we couldn't because we were on the air, Like get up from your chairs. The email literally said, stand up and walk out of the.
Speaker 1: Leadlive me everything as is wet creepers when we return. But less about that, more about this because I find it interesting you let go of a career promising a rewarding career, a stable career in medicine, cardiology, medicine, and you go and you decide you want to chase this what you're doing now, which is fantastic. I want you to talk about what you're doing, but I also want to talk about how hard is it to completely let go? Or did you? At first?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I left medicine and started a coaching business, okay, and then COVID hit and much like the rest of the world, it was a little sad, you know. So I although I was grateful to not be in the hospitals anymore, and I thought, you know, what can I do to bring joy back into my life? That like something I used to do as a kid that I stopped doing for whatever reason. And I thought, you know, I used to be pretty creative and artistics. So I took an online painting course in August of twenty twenty and I started painting. And from there on I slowly like phased out of coaching and started painting more and more. And now I'm a full time artist.
Speaker 1: Where is that definitive moment where you say, you know what my calling is to be an artist?
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: I think for me, I'm really, really, really really dedicated to my intuition, and I knew that taking that online art course was the right thing to do. And it's like, although I can see like far out into the future, I still like staying in the moment and doing the next best thing in this moment that feels intuitively right is just the way to do it. And because otherwise it's if you start getting into your head with all the what ifs and all that kind of stuff, you'll ignore your own intuition.
Speaker 2: Okay, we see it in front of us, but the listener does not. So you become an artist. Great, what kind of what does that entail?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that's painting every day, sharing it on social media, getting better and better at being an artist. I was doing like professional portraits, pet portraits, people portraits.
Speaker 5: I love doing that.
Speaker 4: And I'd finally gotten into a pretty good groove with my art where I had some commissions, I was making sales.
Speaker 2: I was good for you to stay afloat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and with doing these portraits.
Speaker 4: And then in January of this year, I was in this advanced meditation class and we were asked to go into a meditation with the question what's the what's the one fear that's holding you back? And I'm like, oh, I've got this, you know, I've worked through some stuff. I was in this really great groove painting portraits and feeling like I'd finally made it. And I got in the middle of that meditation and the answer was you're afraid to shine.
Speaker 5: And I thought, oh my god, that's so true.
Speaker 4: Like I'm still just playing it safe, Like what is the one thing that wants to be born from me? Not you know, not me playing it safe even still with the painting the portraits. But what's the only thing, the one thing that can only come through me and from me? And so two days later I stood in front I knew it was like inner child work, right. So two days later I stood in front of this giant five foot by four foot canvas and I got in touch with little Patsy, like the four year old version of myself, and I.
Speaker 5: Said, okay, kid, what do you want to paint?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she said, And I saw this color blue, And my adult brain came in and said, you, well, great, if you paint blue here, then you should put this color here, because the art world and the art rules say And I thought, no, stop, just let her be your kid. Just let her paint, and I said, all right, kid, what do you want to do? And I saw the cover of the book I wrote a book called.
Speaker 5: Shine and an eight.
Speaker 4: It was a giant alien and I said, really, that's what you want to paint? And she was like yes, And so I came up and I just let it rip and I asked her what color she wanted to use. I mean, I looked like a crazy person, probably to an outsider, like having a conversation with a four year old version of myself. But my god, that first painting. I stepped back and I thought, that's amazing. Literally, it looks like a four year old painted it.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't. It was me.
Speaker 4: And that's this huge canvas.
Speaker 1: I tried to get in touch with my inner child, my inner four year old, and it ran screaming, stranger, danger, away from right.
Speaker 4: And you know what, that's true because none of us know how to get kids, probably like I haven't seen you for years.
Speaker 2: To me, it's amazing that you got connected that day. So two things happened. You had the intuition to leave the medical field a couple of months before COVID hit, which is a postcard, and then you got to be able to in touch what I'm looking at it now, your care this is amazing.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: I said it was a children's book, and you went, no, it's a it's an adult book disguised as a children's book.
Speaker 4: So you know, I painted every single painting in this book, digitalized it, put it as the illustration in the book. I did that under the direct instructions of my inner child.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then I'd go for walks and I would hear on my walk, I would just kind of zone out, and then I'd hear the lines for the book. I'd open up my phone, put it in my notes, get home, write the man added to the manuscript. I mean in the whole thing was done within like a month and a half.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean it just I've never been so in such a flow state in my life.
Speaker 2: You didn't have any trauma when you were a.
Speaker 4: No trauma at all. I had a squeaky clean, perfect.
Speaker 2: Well that's good childhood, that's good people thinking. I ain't talking to my four.
Speaker 5: Year sarcast.
Speaker 1: You know what, I dig in touch with my inner four year old. And then when I left my wristwatching, wallet was missing. But we're talking we're talking with Peyton Turner. Find out more about her at Peyton Turner art dot com. By the way, Peyton Turner, she did take the guts to leave the ruts. I got to ask you, when you're doing something like this, a project like this, you're recreating yourself one hundred percent, by the way, totally opposite into the spectrum art medical field. What about the distractions in your life? What about social media? Television? There's there's so I would think that you have to go one hunt into this and dive in without distractions? Could you do that or how did you do it?
Speaker 6: Yes? And no?
Speaker 4: So first of all, like I'd like to rephrase the recreating, and I would like to say remembering remembering Okay, yeah, because this is really truly who I am. Okay, right, you know, like and I think that you know I, I. We all live our lives with a certain amount of I should do this or I should do that, right, I should be a doctor, I should do this because this is what makes money, or because this is what society says is good whatever, and you just end up shooting all over yourself. Right, So it's like just I'm just remembering I said, should.
Speaker 2: Sho I had my finger on a second, was.
Speaker 4: Right, And so I think it's just remembering as far as distractions. If if I could sit in like a room with nothing in it, no noise, no anything, I would still find distractions in my own brain, right. So I think it's just a matter of being mindful about and having a awareness around where where's my attention going at this point in time.
Speaker 1: That's all well and good. You decide, hey, I'm gonna I'm going to be the real me. I'm gonna I'm gonna leave this career, go for this. But here's the problem. You're a relationship and you go home and you tell your partner, I'm leaving this stable, rewarding career and this is what I'm going to do. What's your partners say? Is he supportive?
Speaker 5: Is he he's fantastic?
Speaker 2: Like really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I I he Pete was one hundred percent. I mean he Pete is was a physician as well. He still is to some degree. But Pete was practicing orthopedic surgery and had his own path where he was like this isn't for surg wow, and now he's a musician, wow, singer song we just went he had a gig in Richmond, Kentucky, like a rock and roll gig, and you know he's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people drive around hating you too.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, it has been a journey.
Speaker 4: But I you know, Pete and I walk next to each other, hand in hand, you know, when he when he's down on his knees kind of like where am I going? You know, I'm there to just say, hey, just remember who you are, and vice versa. So I am where I am because of Pete.
Speaker 1: I got to put you on the spot. I gotta put you on the spot before we get at We're short on time right now. What's your favorite quote from the book.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there are a lot, but I think the last one I have it pulled out here. Okay, It's all of the book is about your shine.
Speaker 5: How y'all we all have one.
Speaker 4: It's this inner light that we're born to shine and share it, okay, And what happens if you forget it or you lose it, you know, and all that kind of stuff. And so the last line of the book is my love, shine, your shine, go ignite that divine little spark that glows bright and true. And remember, dear one, you are made of the sun.
Speaker 5: The whole world needs you to be you.
Speaker 1: There you go. Her name is Peyton Turner. Find out more about her her art the book Shine at Peyton Turner art dot com. Peyton p e y t O in the real Peyton Peyton Turner art dot com. And one last question before we get out of here. My wife's birthday is coming up, so it's Christmas. I would like you. I'd like to commission you to do a tasteful nude of me.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, so she probably like I've had worse put congratulations on doing what most people want to do and never do, and you pulling it off, and I think your journey is far from over. Uh so continue on your on your journey.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: You got it back Unlimited Landscape. So we did a live broadcast from the pool the other day at one of the one of the clients that Steve did. Steve's been talling the stalling pools for decades, and he could tell you what to do and what not to do, and and the pitfalls and everything else. And they'll come in with architects and everything else where they'll build the deck out, they'll put the stone in, they put the pool in, but sometimes the pool, I mean, you could pick whatever you want with the pool amenities and all that, and of course the landscaping it surrounds it. It's called Unlimited Landscapes. Been around twenty five years. I've known himself. I was fifteen years old, and he's a fantastic, fantastic person in a great company. They're located in Middletown, by the way, Unlimited Landscapes dot com. If you're gonna do a pool, you gotta do it with them, for sure. Back after this on news radio forty w h A s oh, I can't imagine what claim Buck's gonna start their show with today.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you that I. When's the last time you talked to your inner child, Dwight?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: My owner child has nothing to do with me. Yeah, he's a he's got his great judge of character and he's like, look at you. I'm trying to talk to my inner child, but he's face deep in a chocolate cake.
Speaker 2: You talk to one, yeah, you talked to once and he was it was that when that's when you were a huge. Yeah, And he was like, look what you did to be. He says, he's gonna you're in sales.
Speaker 1: I keep telling me.
Speaker 2: He said you were gonna be a rock star. I told him, he said, you're gonna be Ozzy Osbourne's guitar player.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so many things. I'll be so many things. Here, I am seventy pounds overweight with a shirt that the dress shirt, a tie. I could remember.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even you said we were gonna work in a surf shop in Daytona.
Speaker 1: Remember, right, my shirt buttons would be pulling because my fat.
Speaker 2: Yes, that thing's going any moment.
Speaker 1: Now, let me this is fat guy. One on one. You can't wear a normal tie because it only comes down to write about where your breast end. You know, no, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, the problem was you always had a food staines. And the thing was you would wear that same button down like three of the five days. And you know, and I know, how do I know? I go, that's three days? You go, how do you know that? I was like, there's the same stain on your thing there Paralal's pizza. I mean, I mean, lord, all right, I Number three is coming your way on a Monday, where we set some of the top up stories, plus activist Quintes Brown pleaded what on Friday we'll find out he was the individual that walked into Mayor Greenberg's office when he was just a candidate for mayor and tried to shoot up the place and he somehow missed everything.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 2: Can you save it for after?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay good. That's why it's called a tees back after This on news Radio eight forty w S