Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt taglog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different characters and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: You're listening to a message from Victory. You hope it inspires you to honor God and make disciples in your humanity.
Speaker 2: We are going to look at what needs to change as believers.
Speaker 1: If we are to move forward again.
Speaker 2: One last question, how many of you here you want to see growth and progress in your relationship with God? Okay, you want your faith to become ten times better this year. Okay, you don't want your relationship with God to be the same year after year, but you want to grow and so we're going to look at that today. If you have your Bible with you, we're going to read from First Peter, Chapter one, beginning in verse thirteen.
Speaker 1: To sixteen.
Speaker 2: It says, therefore, preparing your minds for action and being sober minded, set your hopefully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance.
Speaker 1: But as he called you is holy, you also be holy.
Speaker 2: In all your conduct, since it is written you shall be holy, for I am holy. Can you join me in a short word of prayer before we continue, Lord, we commit to you this time. We thank you that it's your desire for us to grow. It's your desire for us to grow from strength to strength, from faith to faith, and from glory to glory. And Lord, we pray that you will bless the pre of your word today and use this time that we have today in order for our faith to increase and to know you better.
Speaker 1: In Jesus name, we pray Amen.
Speaker 2: Okay, just to give you a short background for the passage of scripture that we read. The context, it says, Peter said, therefore, and every time you see that word, therefore, it's pointing to the previous conversation or discussion. So he said, in light of what was mentioned before, therefore, this is the implication. So therefore Paul was talking about their salvation, the salvation they received. Okay, I'd like to read verse three. Let's just backtrack a little. In verse three, it says, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ, according to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again. Can we also say that born again? He said, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. And you would see that word in the Bible, the word born again. It's not pertaining to our religion. The first mention of that word was in John and it was from the mouth of Jesus. And when Jesus talked about born again, he was not describing a religion or recruiting people to join a certain sect. He's talking about what needs to happen in order for us to have a relationship with him. And here Peter was talking about what happened to the Christians when they encountered Jesus.
Speaker 1: He said, you'd been born again. And I like that. He said, he has caused us to be born again.
Speaker 2: You know, I did that plan to be born It wasn't my plan or prerogative. I was born in the seventies indikopuplina and how I wish nineties sahaak. But I was born in the seventies and it wasn't my It wasn't my initiative. It wasn't my decision. So in the same way, the Bible says He has caused us to be born again by his great mercy. We're lost. We don't know how to find our way back. There's no way we can change ourselves. We cannot save ourselves. We did not find God. God found us, and we are saved by His great mercy. The reason you are here today is not because you are good, but because God is good.
Speaker 1: You are here today.
Speaker 2: Because in spite of our unfaithfulness, God remained faithful, and so we are here today.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We had participation on patayotdaupanbagum labakan my participation kayoma kayo y. But you know it was through the pain and the sacrifice and the suffering of our moms that we are born.
Speaker 1: You know, in the same way, we are here today. We are born.
Speaker 2: Again because of the pain and the sacrifice and the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, because of someone suffering.
Speaker 1: We are all born again.
Speaker 2: Because Jesus lost everything on the cross, we can now have everything in Christ. That's why we rejoice today. How many of you are grateful for your salvation? How many of you are grateful that you've.
Speaker 1: Been born again. You know, born again means new beginning, a fresh start.
Speaker 2: It means a new life. God made everything new. That's why the Bible says we are born again to a living hope. If you are a Christian, there is something to look forward do. You're born, and it's not a one time experience. It's a grad dual unfolding of this new nature and relationship. I have a two year old kid at home, and since he was born. You know, it's not a one time experience. It's a continuous process. And in the same way, we are in a continuous journey. Now that in First Peter one, verse six to seven. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor in revelation of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Is that now you rejoice. But being born again doesn't mean life will be easy.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean now that you're in Christ you will be exempted from temptations and trials of life. In fact, we will go through suffering, we will face trials. But if we respond right by the grace of God, our trials will.
Speaker 1: Become our testimonies. I was talking to a young businessman just this.
Speaker 2: Week, and we're talking about the challenge just he's facing in his line of work pressure Sabina sometimes three times.
Speaker 1: This week no Sabina.
Speaker 2: Employees, Tang Dung Paul stress and stress because of dead lines. But I was encouraging him, he said, I said, if you respond right, by the grace of God, you will be able to help lots of business people in the future. You will be able to help lots of people are going through pressures and trials by your testimony, because you went to the trial. But by the grace of God, you're able to went through it and you're able to honor him. Our trials will become our testimonies. And here's really the message that I want to share with you. Therefore, Peter said, in light of the salvation we receive and the tests and trials that's about to come, he said, Therefore, because of the salvation and in light of the challenges we're about to face, Therefore, here's the exhortation of Peter here's what needs to change if we want to continually move forward. First one, he said, prepare your mind for action. Prepare your mind for action. And according to one study, an average person have seventy thousand thoughts per day.
Speaker 1: Average person okay, I'm sure in.
Speaker 2: Two thousand Langhata for a monthly on pastor seventy thousand thoughts. Can you imagine a lot of things going on, And a lot of things were processing, minor and major things. A lot of things are going on in our mind. Seventy thousand thoughts per day. Now, think about this. And as I was studying this, think about this. Everything was once a thought. Everything was once a thought. Just this main hold that we're using this facility in Deeputuna exists before.
Speaker 1: But even before we've we've seen this in the physical.
Speaker 2: This already existed in the imagination of the designer and the team of Pastor Dennis.
Speaker 1: This was first conceived in the mind.
Speaker 2: On stage air con and colored and walnating my touch of red and orange, even before we experience its reality.
Speaker 1: It first well, it was first conceived in the mind.
Speaker 2: Whatever change we want to see in the physical, we need first to win the battle in the mind. That's why Peter said, prepare your mind for action. These Christians are being persecuted for their faith, experiencing suffering and difficulties.
Speaker 1: There they're living in the midst of a pagan culture.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know God and they're living differently, so they're being persecuted. And here's the exhortation of PAULA and I'm in paul in the persecute.
Speaker 1: Kame.
Speaker 2: That's a software come and here again, Christiano. Right now, we don't know if we can still move forward.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: Peter said, prepare your mind for action. You know why, because it starts in the mind. The battle starts in the mind. And I think Paul was expressing the same concern to the believers in Corinth when he wrote his letter in Second Christians, Chapter eleven, verse three. But I am afraid that as the serpent deceive E by scunning, your thoughts will be led as ray from a.
Speaker 1: Sincere and pure devotion to Christ. Even from the book of Genesis, this has been the style of the devil.
Speaker 2: He would play your mind. He would try to plant accusations about God. He would try to plant doubts. He will plant worries. He will plant fear, he will plant toxic thoughts. He will just put all these deceptions and lies. And if you believe that, then he will be able to put you in an invisible prison, the alone, the Konamaha move forward.
Speaker 1: You know why not.
Speaker 2: Because really what you're facing is bigger than God. But because you're imprisoned by a lie. And Peter said, prepare your mind for action, because the enemy will inject lies.
Speaker 1: And here's how we prepare our mind for action. What do we do?
Speaker 2: In second Christianstent three to five? He said, for though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but have divine power to destroy strongholds, We destroy arguments. That's going on in our mind and every lofty opinion raise against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.
Speaker 1: So how do we prepare for our mind for action?
Speaker 2: We take captive every thought me, Mama, my thoughts banapuma passosa mind mo that's trying to discourage you from following Christ. Are their thoughts that's causing you to be fearful? Are their thoughts that's causing you to worry. Are their thoughts that's causing you to go back to your old way of life. The Bible says, take captive and make it obedient to Christ. And we do that by daily reading of the Bible and by prayer. You young Bible. You know it's not positive thinking. It's the word of God because every day as we read, as we read the Word, the Word of God.
Speaker 1: Renews our mind.
Speaker 2: Maybe we don't want to an on college students. No before it's a U belt a pastor.
Speaker 1: Then behind all, my mama, you know why we need our minds to be washed by the word of God. Because there's so many lies and we need the word of God. We need to pray. Saba is a Bible.
Speaker 2: Do not be anxious about anything, money, tuition, help, marriage, children, business, Do not be anxious about anything.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: By prayer and petition, present your request to God and the peace of God will guard your heart.
Speaker 1: And mind in Christ Jesus. But I mean, have you heard but pray? You feel better.
Speaker 2: When you before you go out of the house and you go back to work, or or face a client, or or or face whatever situation you're in but pray and the Lord.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do, but my eyes is on you.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the help would come, but I know, I know you are in charge and in control, and I lift you up my situation and I know, Lord, I will just be still and I will know you are God. And when you lift up your concern, the Bible says, the peace guards your heart, prepare your mind for action.
Speaker 1: Second one is.
Speaker 2: Set your hope fully on the grace of God. Set your hope fully on the grace of God. I like what Tim Keller is. A is a pastor in the US, And here's what he said. In one of he said, the whole world is going to be redeemed. How many of you are longing for the coming of Christ. How many of you want to go to heaven today? Man pastor, He said, the whole world is going to be redeemed. Jesus is going to redeem spirit and body, reason and emotion, people and nature. There is no part of reality for which there is no hope. Because of Jesus, there is always hope, even in the darkest moments of your life. You know, even in death, even in bankruptcy, even in divorce, even in lack, even in sickness, even in breakup, even in failure, rejection, persecution, wrong decision. The Bible says, in Jesus there is always hope. How many of you are grateful. There is no hopeless situation in Christ. When you look at your marriage, it's not a hopeless marriage. When you look at your children, your children are not hopeless. When you look at what at your at your walk with God, it's not a hopeless case. In Christ, there is always hope because there is ongoing redemption that is going. There is grace available for us. There is a grace waiting for us, and there is grace available for us today like you bas a Christian grace Langton Lloyd Alum.
Speaker 1: With that in the command Indanion.
Speaker 2: If I'm going to attend church tables manus a preacher, Sabina.
Speaker 1: You know I can only preach by the grace of God.
Speaker 2: But award and encourage, no gelling the man, promote the man, Grabi bro by the grace of God.
Speaker 1: Lama, what do you mean? Well, you know what that means.
Speaker 2: I don't deserve anything good from God, and everything good that I have it's made possible by the grace of God. If not for the grace of God, I won't be here today. If not for the grace of God, I will not be a pastor today. If not for the grace of God, I will not be faithful to my wife. If not for the grace of God, I won't be able to go and make disciples.
Speaker 1: Everything I have and everything I'm.
Speaker 2: Able to do, is simply by the grace of God. This is started by the grace of God. This will be sustained by the grace of God, and the grace of God will bring this to completion. It's grace of God from start to finish. How many of you know and how many of you are glad? It's not up to us. It's all about the grace of God. I'm not sure how many of you've been to be GC flying for peace. I'm sorry, I don't have a picture. And let you mana go acrobat, young Mata. Do's my hardness my net and they would try to to do some exhibitions up in the air. Can you imagine, you know, Papalit and Pusilla. One time I was passing by with my daughter and I saw ten year old three ten year.
Speaker 1: Old kids and doesn't know amazing ten years old one.
Speaker 2: Time the Manchu Acrobatzilla, Siga, Sma sammers, long, young crabby tangling kato or young harness. You know, it's amazing what we are willing to try if we know there is something to catch us when we fall. You know that net and harness represents the grease of God. It's amazing what we're willing to try if we know the grace of God is there for us. How many of you are grateful for the grace of God. That's why you can be the husband that God wants you to be. You can live the life God wants you to live. You can work with integrity. You know why, because there's the grace of God. So set your hopefully now. I like this verse in Second Corinthians, Chapter four, verse sixteen to eighteen.
Speaker 1: So we do not lose heart.
Speaker 2: Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light, momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. As we look not to the things that are seen, but to the things that are unsin, for the things that are seen are transient but the things that are unseen are eternal compared to eternity. That answer that lack, that's suffering compared to eternity. The Bible says, is light and temporary. You break up new it's temporary. Class, it's temporary. Yomaganda did delay, mumbills, it's temporary, and yumagasa why it's temporary?
Speaker 1: Now? I like the message version.
Speaker 2: You know our Bible of different translations, right, and sometimes it's just good to just see how it's how it's written in other versions.
Speaker 1: It's so refreshing.
Speaker 2: So I'd like to show you the message. And then we're moving on to our last point, and we're closing in prayer, he said, So we are not giving up. How could we, even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us. On the inside, where God is making new life, now a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes. Everyone says, small potatoes. I don't know, small potatoes. No, I don't know about American culture, small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than midst the eye The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can see now will last forever. So whatever you're going through, set your hope fully on the grace.
Speaker 1: Of God so we can move forward. This is not the end, This is not a dead end. This is temporary.
Speaker 2: I can move forward matatappas dinto sabbing as a Bible.
Speaker 1: It's just a small potato.
Speaker 2: But ever challenges or difficulties you're facing, don't lose heart. Fix your eyes on Jesus and rely on this grace and lasting. Peter said, be holy, be holy. You want to move forward, then you're relationship with Jesus. You want to see progress. You don't want your Christianity to stay the.
Speaker 1: Same year after year. He said, be holy. Now.
Speaker 2: The word holy literally means too separate, or to be set apart by Him and for Him. You're set apart by God, and you're set apart for God.
Speaker 1: Be holy now.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because in verses fourteen to sixteen, Jesus said, as obedient children.
Speaker 1: He then continued on, he said, be holy.
Speaker 2: What's the connection about holiness in us becoming God's children? You know the connection because children naturally inherit the nature of their parents and consequently with that nature, that nature dictates the appetites and the action ka nana napoosa, nanna pusa.
Speaker 1: They don't act as humans.
Speaker 2: At umaa humans but pinanganak we don't act like catsa.
Speaker 1: Malic din of milk. But you know, there's two different nature.
Speaker 2: So because of that nature, like for example, the jacao, even though they're both animals, they act differently.
Speaker 1: They have different appetites. You don't see a cow running for bones a vegetarian. They have different appetites.
Speaker 2: They they have different actions because of the nature they've inherited.
Speaker 1: In the same way, if.
Speaker 2: You are born of God, I mean you hear you're born of God, you are born again.
Speaker 1: God is your father. If you really had an encounter with God and you you experience to be born again, you inherited the nature of God.
Speaker 2: That's why you have a new appetite. Bible and Kanana victory group. Mayona p pray Kanna mari. You and I can khandam preaching the Kandaatutu in the Kala Papalami Dito every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Why all of a sudden you don't want to go to church.
Speaker 2: Now you go to church a change of appetite, you know why, because of a change of nature.
Speaker 1: That's why Peter said, be holy, because your Father is holy.
Speaker 2: So make sure don't allow yourself to be pulled back to your former way of life. The devil would try to remind you who you are. The devil would try to temp you with the same old sin. But Peter said, be holy. Don't allow yourself to slide back to your old life because you've been born again. Don't be shaped or influenced again. Now, what will happen if you allow the holiness of God to permeate your life? What will happen if every day you say, Lord, make me holy, Lord, make my mind holy, make my heart holy Lord. In the Paco holy matelas holy, per Lord.
Speaker 1: I want to be holy.
Speaker 2: What will happen if you embrace God's holiness in your life and you allow God to make you holy more and more?
Speaker 1: You know what will happen?
Speaker 2: In Second Timothy Chapter two, Verse twenty one. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the Master of the house.
Speaker 1: Ready for every good work. How many have you here? You want to be used to God? I am bench kan who wants that.
Speaker 2: I'm watching basketball today, the playoffs the NBA while i'm player an.
Speaker 1: I'm boring on highlights perk.
Speaker 2: You're wearing the jersey, You're always sitting there, You're always present, but you're not doing anything.
Speaker 1: It's not really what you want for your life.
Speaker 2: If you're given this window to live, if you only have a short time to live, do you really want to spend that sitting every Sunday in church doing nothing? Or you want to say, Lord, here I am use me. I want to make a dent.
Speaker 1: In the universe.
Speaker 2: I want to do something that will impact the world. Guess what, That's God's desire for you. You are born to do something great.
Speaker 1: You're destined and God is a great, destining purpose for your life.
Speaker 2: That's why there's this desire in us the time contento. We're longing for something, We're longing for fulfillment. You know why there's this desire that God.
Speaker 1: Placed in our heart.
Speaker 2: We know we're born for something bigger, bigger than ourselves. You know you're born not just to work and secure your retirement. You know you're born not just to graduate and get a diploma, get a job or start a business, have a family, have a big house, get a saving, grow old and die. You know, there's more to life than that.
Speaker 1: Alamo.
Speaker 2: You're born not just to exist, not just for survival. You know, God is a purpose for your life. And when you embrace God's holiness, it will usshure you to God's destiny for your life. That's why the devil likes to tell you holiness boring in and the devil would try to take away your holiness because if the moment is able to take your holiness's able to take away your destiny. God is a great plan for you. I'm just having a coffee before this service. I think I have a picture in ha we have leaders in the seven o'clock service. I think my three years palm as a church when they got save, they God save a little late this Elena save Ahampus. The Alna Saa singles the same empty nester in actually my three years Palanzi church. But you know not only that they were born again, but they caught and hold the vision of God for their life. Uh see young wife, si honey, then your husband silly and they're talking and telling me about an update about Bhutan, because last year a door was open to them.
Speaker 1: You cut the long story short.
Speaker 2: Young wife patanist own organization and a grant nam free books some developing countries and they've chosen Bhutan and as a representative she was sent there. But when prior to that, she attended the missions meeting here giving updates to all our leaders about our plans for the coming years, where do we are going to plant a church? And that exact year that Bhutan opened to her arrow the a Botani al Rayan Tan beginna open twenty sixteen. We're going to plant a church in Bhutan.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And from that time on, Alama, this is not a coincidence. God wants us to be part of what God is doing in Bhutan. They're not missionaries.
Speaker 1: They have day job business. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: But when this door opened, they said, Lord, we don't know. We may be late for this, we are not trained, but Lord.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: Use us their last visit, they're giving me an update. They were able to hold the seminar for the Speaker of the house. They're in partnership with the people heading the education department of the nation. They are in partnership with their young people. There's so many plans. They're coming back this June and they have a meeting with the King in these coming trips, and it's amazing how God is connecting. And they said, we don't know, we're just taking it one day at a time. We don't know how God will do these things, but you know, here we are. It's just amazing to think that God wouldn't trust an entire nation to a couple, that they will be part of what God is doing. You are part of something big. God is a great plan and destiny for your life. My prayer is that we're not going to miss.
Speaker 1: God's purpose for our lives.
Speaker 2: Like David in the Book of Acts, he said, and David serve God's purpose in his own generation. May we serve God's purpose in our generation. May you and I serve God's purpose for our life. Last quote, and let's pray in D. L.
Speaker 1: Moody.
Speaker 2: You know an evangelist who lived in the eight and hundreds. Here's what he said. Let God have your life, for he can do more with it than you can allow God to take hold of your life. Amen, Let's just bow our heads and close our eyes right now, Lord, we thank you for your word.
Speaker 1: First of all, we say.
Speaker 2: For the salvation we receive, and it's not something we deserve, but it's something that you gave by.
Speaker 1: Your great mercy, and every day we are grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: We are here today because of your grace. Lord. That's our prayer.
Speaker 2: Today, that we will be able to prepare our mind for action. Lord, help us to learn how to take captive of every thought that is not from you.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 2: If there are lies that's holding us, if there are, Lord God, things we believe that is stopping us from moving forward, I pray, Lord God, that we will be able to identify it and will be able to take captive of it.
Speaker 1: Lord Lord, I pray that you will destroy strongholds.
Speaker 2: I pray that you will approve wrong beliefs and ideas that maybe we picked up along the way.
Speaker 1: I pray Lords that we will have the mind of Christ. Lord.
Speaker 2: I also pray Lord that we will learn to set our hope fully on the grace of God. Lord, we thank you that in Christ there is no hopeless situation. Thank you that in Christ there is no hopeless person. So, Lord God, we thank you for the hope that we have in Christ. And I pray also, Lord, that we will, Lord God, be able to be holy just as you, who call thiss is holy. By the grace of God, we can live pure and holy. And as we do, Lord, I pray that you will use us, every one of us. We are here today our prayers that Lord here, I am use me, here, I am use me. Lord, Father God, I pray Lord, that you will use us for a great and mighty way, more than what we could ask for or imagine. I pray for that sense of greatness. I pray for that sense of purpose to be stared up in every heart.
Speaker 1: God. I pray we will, our hearts will be stared up.
Speaker 2: Lord, and we will no longer log and stay in our comfort zone, but we will step up in faith and say, Lord, we are willing to move forward. We're willing to be used by you because we want to give you honor and glory.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory Centers, please visit Victory dot org, dot pH, Slash resources, and Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode. Don't forget to share, and subscribe to this podcast for more God bless you all.