Speaker 1: An American woman goes to the reception desk in a German hotel.
Speaker 2: Inshooting the bitter yeah, we can in helfen ah mine man is trunk abortion nell unasked. I does the netphon enen.
Speaker 1: In this conversation. You heard the receptionist ask, we kind of in in heaven, which means how can I help you?
Speaker 3: Malsou inhouding the bitter yeah, we kind of in healthen ah.
Speaker 2: Man man is trunk abortion nel unasked, I does this netphon enen.
Speaker 1: Suppose you're in a hotel in Germany and your spouse becomes ill. You go to the reception desk to get help. How would you tell the receptionist my husband needs a doctor quickly.
Speaker 4: Mine Maan Brochnell unasked.
Speaker 1: Frangzi oppos and asks them more tail gipped.
Speaker 4: Keep us unasked the hotel. Keep us unasked the hotel.
Speaker 1: The receptionist answers, no, not in the hotel, ninetel. We don't have a doctor here. Remember to use a form of kine.
Speaker 5: Fia ham Kind adds here, fiahum Kind adds here.
Speaker 1: But there is a doctor use and skipped.
Speaker 5: Ab I skipped unasked.
Speaker 1: There is a doctor not far from here.
Speaker 3: Escapped an art sneaked right from here. Escapped an art sneaked right from here.
Speaker 1: He continues, I can give you his telephone number. Remember you say give to you? You can't in then a telephone my game pragnzi? Yes, could I have his telephone number?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Count isna telephone no?
Speaker 5: My album?
Speaker 4: Yeah, count isna telephone no my album?
Speaker 1: Could I.
Speaker 4: Count is?
Speaker 1: Keeping in mind that it's the Noma, ask, could I have it.
Speaker 4: Count? See harbam? Can to see harbam?
Speaker 3: His telephone number? Sign a telephone Noma on vis act man her telephone number? Here a telephone Noma, exact air. Here is the telephone number. Here is the telephone Noma. Here is the telephone number.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if he's there.
Speaker 5: Atista nist.
Speaker 1: Frangsi how so bisou exact? Today is a holiday with the holiday fire talk.
Speaker 5: Talk their talk, fire fire talk, their fire talk.
Speaker 1: Frakzi. Today is a holiday.
Speaker 4: What is on fire attack?
Speaker 1: Exact? Yes? In Germany today is a holiday. Watch the word order.
Speaker 5: Yeah. In Deutschland, deeste and firettag.
Speaker 1: You call the doctor and he tells you the name of the medication. That you should buy for your spouse. You ask the receptionist where you should go. He says, today everything is closed in Germany. D for everything.
Speaker 6: Alie alis Alice, everything's closed. Alice is skischlawsen. Alice is skischlawsen.
Speaker 1: Today everything's closed. Be careful of the word order.
Speaker 5: Otist aliskashlawson, otist aliskashlawson.
Speaker 1: The shops are closed. Do your chef di santus lawson because it's a holiday.
Speaker 5: I listen fiatarkist, I listen fiatarkist.
Speaker 1: Ask.
Speaker 3: And the pharmacy vida junzi, abutika, aboutika, tika.
Speaker 2: Apo aputika, onti aputika.
Speaker 1: Fragnzi. And the pharmacy is it also closed?
Speaker 2: Onti aputika is the orcheshlasen. Onti aputika is the orcheshlasen.
Speaker 1: The receptionist answers, no, the pharmacy is not closed today.
Speaker 5: Nine The abutig is teudens. The abutika is teudlasen frognzee.
Speaker 1: Until what time is the pharmacy open?
Speaker 4: This weeveel, who is the apputaka? Go off neit? This weeveel, who is the apputaka go off.
Speaker 1: Net until eight pm? Use official time.
Speaker 4: This swansea ur.
Speaker 1: Yes, act no, I believe until nine pm.
Speaker 3: Nine power with island swanssh you were this island swansahre, you'd like the telephone number of the pharmacy. Ask could you quentinzie, could you give me the telephone number? Remember you say to.
Speaker 2: Me cuntenzimiti telephon no magib cuntenzimiti telephon no magiben.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course.
Speaker 5: Jah naturlish.
Speaker 1: Then he asks, and how can I still help you? Da juenziric nor helfen.
Speaker 5: Helfen in in heaven, in a nor heaven? Be kind of in nor heaven?
Speaker 3: Wiz act man help or to help healthn Can I help you? Can he in heaven? Can of in heaven?
Speaker 1: Is that all.
Speaker 5: Is? Does alice?
Speaker 1: Or? Can I still help you?
Speaker 5: What a kind of in no heaven? What a kind of in nor heaven?
Speaker 3: Zangxi, I need a taxi ibra and taxigen to the pharmacy.
Speaker 4: So aputaka.
Speaker 1: So apputaka, Zangxi, I'd like to go by taxi to the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: Is most mediam taxi to apputake a farn i most mediem taxi to apputak a farn.
Speaker 1: Of course, not Turlish. He calls a cab for you and says, your taxi is coming. Your taxi comte Phragnzi is the pharmacy. Far from here.
Speaker 4: Is the uppo take a white from here?
Speaker 1: Exact, it's perhaps five minutes by taxi.
Speaker 3: Use as zint essentialized frenchman nuton mid in Tuxi escentil like frinchmnuton mid in Tuxi mesaktman address.
Speaker 4: Addresser d addressor.
Speaker 1: Fragsy do you know the address?
Speaker 3: Usevien visin CD addressor avi fragsi what is the address? You literally ask, how is.
Speaker 4: V is the addresser? V is the addresser.
Speaker 1: He writes it down for you, saying, here is the address.
Speaker 5: Here is the ADDRESSA.
Speaker 1: Can you read it with a runzi cunzysen.
Speaker 5: Liason? Canizi leason.
Speaker 1: The act man read or to read.
Speaker 5: Liason?
Speaker 1: And what the yes? Thank you? I can read it very well, referring to the address.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dunker, I can these a good lason? Yeah dunker, it can these a good lason e f act?
Speaker 1: And how can I still help you?
Speaker 5: On in Norrelven onrec in Norrelven.
Speaker 1: Say thank you very much. That's everything.
Speaker 4: Dankasier does just alie.
Speaker 1: Your taxi arrives and takes you to the pharmacy. You would like the taxi driver to wait there while you buy what you need. How would you say, could you please wait?
Speaker 4: Cuntincy bit of arden.
Speaker 1: Vi antlid air, Yes, gladly, if you would like.
Speaker 5: Yah again and vinzi mersten.
Speaker 1: Zangzi, I need only a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: And parmi nouten and parmuten.
Speaker 1: How does he say, I can wait add garan.
Speaker 5: I kanganavaden.
Speaker 1: When you're done, the taxi driver takes you back to the hotel. Ask him how much you owe him?
Speaker 4: Bef you tuya ihenen be virtuda ihenen.
Speaker 1: Is act thirty two marks.
Speaker 5: Spayn krasi sh mark.
Speaker 1: You give him forty, saying thirty five, indicating that he should give you back five marks, say thirty five, and thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Funvon reise. I'm feeling dunk.
Speaker 5: Ian oh.
Speaker 1: Back in the hotel lobby. You want to buy an American newspaper, Wizaktmann newspaper, saidon deed saidon an American newspaper.
Speaker 4: An American shot Sidon.
Speaker 1: Ask the salesperson in the hotel shop, do you have an American newspaper, happens.
Speaker 2: The American shot sidon HAPs the American scout, sit.
Speaker 1: Those Achman newspapers, setomin.
Speaker 5: Seto when bet seito.
Speaker 1: When he points to one side of his shop and says, yes, over there are a couple of American newspapers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dot rumsen and part meer consht sit dot rumsen and meer consht stoen.
Speaker 1: You take one and ask how much does this one cost? One is understood.
Speaker 7: Be if because the dizer. If you cost the dizer, Yeah, untwought it.
Speaker 1: This one costs four marks?
Speaker 5: Ze cost it fear mark.
Speaker 1: You decide to buy a few more things and ask how much is this everything together? Ask how much makes this everything together?
Speaker 2: If Martas Alice Susamon beef Mardas Alice Susamon.
Speaker 1: Is act all toogether twenty marks.
Speaker 3: Alice Susamin Spansish mark, a less summon Spansish mark.
Speaker 1: Since this is a large hotel, you think he might take American dollars. Fragzie do you also take dollars?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately not.
Speaker 5: Nine leider nicht.
Speaker 1: We take only German marks.
Speaker 5: Benemen with d mark.
Speaker 1: Zangzi fine, here are twenty marks.
Speaker 4: Good he is in spansish Marko.
Speaker 1: You're having coffee after dinner with a German acquaintance after inquiring about the health of your spouse. He asks, when did you arrive in Berlin? Azinci in Berlin anger kommen, Say, we arrived on Monday.
Speaker 4: Isn't a montac angekommen.
Speaker 1: Monday morning at a quarter to eight.
Speaker 4: Montferacht.
Speaker 1: Your acquaintance is also visiting in Berlin. Ask and you see how long have you been here? Ask how long are you already here?
Speaker 4: Belong as in sishon here.
Speaker 1: He answers, since five days? Is that frinshtagen?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Since a week?
Speaker 5: Nine avoa?
Speaker 1: How does he ask? Do you like it in Berlin?
Speaker 5: Cafelus in Berlin?
Speaker 1: Say yes very much?
Speaker 4: Yeahziah.
Speaker 1: He asks, what have you seen already of Berlin.
Speaker 5: Pas hamsihon von Berlings in.
Speaker 3: Everything Alice, No, of course, not yet everything nine not tuly alas, but already a lot abashonfier, I've already seen a lot of Berlin.
Speaker 4: Abas fir from berlinas Inn.
Speaker 1: Try to say, there is much to see in Berlin.
Speaker 2: Suzanne escaped in Berlin Fiu Suzanne eskipped in Berlin feutures in.
Speaker 1: He asks, and how long are you still staying?
Speaker 5: Won't you?
Speaker 1: Enoch try to say we're saying another three days? Say still three days.
Speaker 4: Viblim no tree tager. Viblib no tree tager.
Speaker 1: Say tomorrow. I still have to buy something for my children.
Speaker 2: Morgan edvars fmni kinder kauffn mordern mousif nor atvas ferminkinda.
Speaker 4: Kaufen, for my daughter a T shirt fermaine torta and t shirt.
Speaker 1: And for my son a little car.
Speaker 4: On femine zone and klenes audo.
Speaker 1: I always have to buy him a little.
Speaker 2: Car mima and klenes audo kaufen. When I am in Germany, beni hindouj lampin, benihindouj lampin.
Speaker 1: Your acquaintance says, unfortunately, I have to go now. Tidmositski In say it was nice to see you, Susan.
Speaker 4: Ivan eetzi Susan, goodbye, alfridas in.
Speaker 5: Alfridras In.
Speaker 1: This is the end of today's lesson. When you continue with the next unit tomorrow, please begin with track number two.