Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, see.
Speaker 4: Rod right, alright, let's show everybody.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan Show, check it in, Throw it back Thursday. Let me ask him. You to vote all morning long on the three songs winning song played today at nine point thirty voting on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Oh, I'm gonna pull a question up today too on the X before I forget at rod Ryan Show, three time Hall of Famer, Hello Jerry, I think he's going for win number two today. Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge will play at six twenty a one hundred dollars CC's pizza gift card Homeroom. You're getting that on the fun Fat Flashback. You want to go see three eleven and meet the guys in the band. I can arrange that. Okay, I got tickets and a little meet and greet action for their seventy one to three Music Hall May ninth. Plus you be qualified for the box seat upgrade tomorrow the end of the show. Read my lips. Alex p. Mkey Pea taking on one Another at eight twenty this morning. For those Alice Cooper Judas Friese tickets alternative income chance to win one thousand dollars early in the nine o'clock hour, and those John mulaney tickets before they even go on sale, We're gonna give you those onto the show. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy skies. High of eighty four. Good morning, Alex, wait are Houston's headline Well, Good morning Rod, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: A fast moving wildfire in Ocean County, New Jersey has burned over thirteen thousand acres, making it one of the state's largest in nearly twenty years. The blaze, known as the Jones Road wildfire, began on Tuesday in the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area and quickly spread due to dry conditions and strong winds. Approximately five thousand residents were evacuated from the Lacy and Ocean townships, but the evacuation orders were lifted later in the day. The fire threatened around thirteen hundred structures and led to the temporary closure of all of a seventeen mile stretch of the Garden State Parkway. According to the FBI's annual Internet Crime Report there was released yesterday, scammers stole four point eight billion dollars from older Americans last year. This marks a significant portion of the sixteen point six billion dollars loss to fraud nationwide in twenty twenty four, which is a thirty three percent increase from twenty twenty three. Investment scams we're particularly damaging, with nearly six billion dollars lost.
Speaker 3: According to All age groups.
Speaker 5: Business email compromise schemes accounted for two billion in losses, while tech support scams brought in over one billion. Other common frauds included toll scams and emergency scams where callers pose as relatives in distress. The FBI receives an average of over eight hundred thousand cyber fraud reports every year, with the average victim losing at least twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: The body of Pope Francis was moved.
Speaker 5: To Saint Peter's Basilica yesterday, where he will lie in state for three days to allow the public to pay their respects. The funeral is scheduled for a Saturday at ten am local time in Saint Peter's Square, and it will be led by Cardinal Giovanni Battista Ray In accordance with his wishes, Pope Francis is going to be buried in the Basilica of Saint Mary's Major in Rome, making him the first pope in over a century to be interred outside of the Vatican. As of last night, around twenty five thousand people had already visited Saint Peter's Square since yesterday morning. Of the one hundred and thirty five cardinals eligible to vote and the conclave to elect a new pope too, have already said that they won't be attending for healthy since.
Speaker 2: Somehow they have underestimated the amount of people that want to walk by and pay their respects.
Speaker 3: They can't shut it down. Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 5: Pete Davidson, or as Kanye West called him, Skeete Davidson.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeah, has been.
Speaker 5: In the process of getting his tattoos removed and so far he's about thirty percent done. He's also spent two hundred thousand dollars to get them removed. He says that it's going to take him in another ten years to complete because it takes him ten to twelve sessions for each tattoo, with a six week healing period between each session. He said that his arms hands and neck or practically ink free, but he still has to do his torso and back wow of real state.
Speaker 2: He had some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen. Yeah, they were terrible.
Speaker 5: At a certain point, like the amount he had, it was just like, oh, I'll get another one.
Speaker 3: When you have that many tattoos, it's easier to just pileon.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's paying for it now. It hurts that he's rich, is he? I think he's pretty well off. Yeah, he's probably doing pretty good.
Speaker 5: Jelly Roll has been very honest about his past. He served time for drug crimes and still has a felony conviction for aggravated assault on his record, but that might be changing. The Tennessee Board of Parole just recommended that Jelly receive a full pardon, meaning his past crimes would no longer be on his record. Even though Jelly is famous, he still has trouble traveling because of his felony conviction. Performing shows abroad has been a huge hurdle for him. When speaking about his parole hearing, Jelly said, quote, I want to be an inspiration for people who are now where I used to be, to let them know the change is truly possible. I'm sure a bunch of other felony convicted people wish that they could also just get a pardon.
Speaker 3: But that's what those are uston headlines.
Speaker 2: Now the real story, all right, Rockets, you called it.
Speaker 5: Rockets beat that Warriors ass last night one oh nine to ninety four in Game two of their first round series.
Speaker 3: The referees tried to take over.
Speaker 5: The game in the fourth quarter give Golden State chance.
Speaker 2: The Rockets wouldn't let him.
Speaker 5: Jalen Green had thirty eight points to lead all players and scoring on the night.
Speaker 3: He was electric. Alperton was incredible.
Speaker 5: And then on another Golden States Draymond Green, who is a bitch by the way, was throwing hands. He was complaining to the refs all night. He had five turnovers on the night while only making two baskets. So Jalen Green focuses on basketball at Draymond Green focuses on not focusing on basketball. You're gonna have a couple of days off now before playing Game three on Saturday night in San Francisco. Tonight in the NBA at six, we got the Pistons playing the Knicks at eight thirty. The thundertake on the Grizzies, and at nine, the Clippers host the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Hey, could you grab that broom over there in the corner?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The first time all season, Astros got another win.
Speaker 3: They beat the Blue Jays three to one.
Speaker 5: They've now won three in a row, which is their longest winning streak of this season.
Speaker 2: They're thirteen and eleven on the season, and they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the Royals tomorrow night in Kansas City. In football, the NFL Draft starts tonight in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The Tennessee Titans are expected to take Miami quarterback cam Ward with the first overall pick. Pretty Much the first three picks are gonna go cam Ward, Colorado's Travis Hunter and Penn State's Abdual Carter are gonna go one, two, three. Then the draft really starts at four, but it'll probably be Will Campbell from LSU, the offensive f lineman.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 5: Texans have the twenty fifth overall pick. Expect them to take an offensive lineman in the first round. They could even potentially trade up, but I don't know. I think they're gonna taken offensive lineman regardless. Draft starts at seven. You can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go, let's go. Four hours of Pain underway. First phone call could be yours. Let's see if these phones work call seven one, three, two, two, five five, the most interactive show on the radio. Stars right now, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, and we are off and running four hours of Pain. Come on now, Incubiss, Brandon Boyd. I don't think Incubiss has ever played Coachella before. But did Brandon go on stage?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think he performed Drive with Zed, who's a DJ, and he's kind of walked out there and chilled with him.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't.
Speaker 5: They're obviously friends, and he was just like, oh, you know, I've never played Coachell.
Speaker 3: I would love to get an opportunity sometimes.
Speaker 5: So I feel like that means the Inky Bis might be on Coachella's bill next year.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting. Okay, but Brandon Boyd.
Speaker 5: Kind of get your name out there, like, hey, hand up, I'd like to do Coachella.
Speaker 2: I would also like to do Coachella. If anyone's listening, I'm sure that went over pretty well with the crowd. Well, guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It is throwback Thursday. Chill. He's got the songs up that you'll be voting on. He's got the fix the Graham Thursday up. What's not up is hey, if you want to come down and play read my Lips, because we did we picked somebody, right, Mikey P. Mikey p U great boy. Oh he's the birthday today, No kidding? Okay, Well, gravy Ganger Mikey P is gonna come in and play Alex P. Read my Lips will be at eight twenty this morning. Now, before that, let's not skip over Home Room. Three time Hall of Famer, Hello, Jerry is gonna go for win number two fresh out of bad hit your head at six twenty. The one hundred dollars gift Pizza gift card is coming your way in Home room as well. We got some phone lines ringing here, which is nice. Look Colum to day, looks like Karen got through Karen, Hi, good morning, Good morning, Karen. How are you today?
Speaker 6: Fantastic comes out to go Star Test, So this is a great way to.
Speaker 2: Start my morning.
Speaker 5: Wait, as long as the Star Test go? Is it like five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these kids are getting dragged like they've been doing Star Test since nam. Yeah, so you're giving the Star Test. You're a teacher, Karen.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm gonna be giving it.
Speaker 8: I'm part of the problem them.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's not your fault. I just doing your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't ever look at it like that. What great do you teach freshman high school? And is the Star Test? Can you study for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I guess that's what the entire curriculum is built around.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, yeah that makes What is the What is the overall feeling of the kids? I mean, do they do they think it's a big deal? Do they are they anxious? Can you tell that they get nervous about it?
Speaker 6: I have some kids who are anxious, but most of them is just it's just another day.
Speaker 2: They've been great. Yeah. Well, I wish everybody the best. I know that you teachers are doing doing a great job. I appreciate that. Any kid taking the Star Test, I feel for you. I had test anxiety when I was a kid. I knew the material, and then once I sat down, I would kind of go blank a little bit. And I'm not just I'm not I'm not using that as an excuse for not knowing. I felt like I knew the material. It's just I would just work myself up so much that there was a test coming up. Yeah, and that would that would affect me. But you know I made it through. I don't know, kids, I.
Speaker 5: Just felt like I tested better than I did anything else in school, Like I was good. Like I I'm gonna annoy students, I'm gonna annoy my teacher.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna not be the best.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna turn your homework, but like I can bust my ass for a night and study and then pass.
Speaker 2: The cast on your test. Yeah all right, well, Karen, how many days left? Do you know? The exact day?
Speaker 6: Twenty one?
Speaker 2: I want to say, yeah, those teachers know that stuff. Thank you, Karen, Thank you keep doing a bang up job on the flip. Got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the game Rock and.
Speaker 9: Alter very soon.
Speaker 2: Ryan Morning Shows Rocking Alternative. Yeah, I'm a throwback Thursday too. Come on, have you voted yet? Make sure you get after that world famous Rod Ryan Showpaide to the Fuzz dot com then you can go take my silly whole question on the X at Rod Ryan's show twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudy Sky's high of eighty four today. Man, I still see a lot of Pope stuff trending. Yeah, I tried.
Speaker 5: He's going to change it up just because I feel like we will talk about the Pope again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I see a lot of Pope stuff still trending. What else rockets ever heard of them?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have evened up their series in the first round with the Warriors last night despite the referees, they won one O nine to ninety four, So suck it, Golden State.
Speaker 2: And then Steve Mongo McMichael. You're familiar with him.
Speaker 5: He's a football player, former NFL player, and the pro wrestler. He passed away at the age of sixty seven. He had been diagnosed with als back in twenty twenty one. But he's originally from Houston, so the rip to him. And then New Jersey wildfires, they're all that's what everybody's talking about as well. The Jones Road wildfire has now burned over thirteen thousand acres, may eat the state's largest wildfire.
Speaker 3: New twenty years as it's training on night with by the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Hello Jerry, good morning. Everybody is hello Jerry.
Speaker 10: Time again your three time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh out of bed. Head to head one day champion, join me on Throwback Thursday as I make that one number two.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five nine four five Can you beat Hello?
Speaker 7: Jerry?
Speaker 2: Call us now start I blind ninety four five the buzz okay ninety four or five the buzz? Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 6: Have you voted yet?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 2: Neither me neither, but it's there. It's on links and guests, so you can go ahead, work ahead, we'll work on do some song clips and playing them on the air after seven o'clock. After seven o'clock is huge if you're one of the big prizes we have this week is the three eleven, the tickets to the show and the meet and greet me eating the guys in three eleven, you know, get a little photo op type of deal at the seven to one to three Music Hall, and then everybody that wins tickets is getting qualified to be upgraded. One of you gets upgraded to the box seats that's coming at seven twenty. If you're a pizza fan, I am a one hundred dollars CCI's pizza gift card is coming on the fun Fact Flashback twenty percent chance of rain today and tonight. I like the sound of that Partley Cloudy high of eighty four. Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge.
Speaker 6: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: S well, Hello, Jerry morning.
Speaker 2: I like Hell three time. Yeah, Hell is in here, three time Hall of famer going for win number two? Right, yeah, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: You gotta welcome back Morgan Morgan. Hi, Morgan, you played with us this year?
Speaker 5: Yes, I have when back in January aftern.
Speaker 2: What was your story you have? Morgan had stew had some kind of a story attached to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, ivers a teacher and I'm a ninth grader.
Speaker 3: You're the kid. This is the ninth grader kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the kid I saw so you because you've called before and you're in the system.
Speaker 3: I saw it, Morgan, and I looked.
Speaker 2: At out, So I'm like, that's the kid, right that seems to get through in play? What happens to you? I mean, do listen I know kids, they're busy in the morning. Once in a while, my kid listens to the radio because her old man's on the air. Do kids, when you're in school, you say, hey, I was on the radio this morning, and anybody hear you.
Speaker 7: Oh, my friend Matthew actually did yeah, and he like called me immediately after I lost.
Speaker 2: He's like, were you from radio?
Speaker 3: All right, well, listen, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Just listen to Morgan kick a little ass today as she takes on three time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Now, this is three time Hall of Famer Morgan.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jerry to beat up on a ninth grade girl. Make you feel good, Jerry. It tears me apart. You know, it tears him apart.
Speaker 5: It tears me apart, and I'll I'll have to just, you know, feel like a man push around.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Good luck Morgan? All right, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Ali or Morgan getting ready for ninth grade today? Morgan, are you start testing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: Good for you?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. All of her focus has been on this moment. She's really testing question number one in fourteen, one hundred and ninety two. Who Jerry Columbus who sailed the Ocean Blue for Spain from Spain and discovered America. Christopher Columbus tough. I thought I thought the kid was gonna get that one. I'm flexing here, jams alive, take that ninth creator. Hey, you just realized that now, now, Morgan, he was on that ship. Did you learn that in school in fourteen ninety two? The Ocean Sale, the Ocean Blue? Okay, what's your budd's name, Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. Yeah, he's gonna give you some crap for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know he is.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Morgan and Jerry, shout out your name. When you think you know the answer? Which month does the United States.
Speaker 13: Of a mayor?
Speaker 2: Jerry July? I mean, what an a hole? I mean, don't even give the kiddus Morgan good logan? Which month does the United States of America celebrate independence? I don't even know, Like, you can't be mad at her. Jerry was lightning quiff today. I mean I would say that Jerry stepped it up. He's a freak fast all time. He's like, oh, there's nothing I love better than beating ninth graders. All right, child, all right, that's enough to go to school. All right, thanks Morgan? Of course, how can I say? All right, you too? Oh, Matthew's gonna give her some crap, all right, Jerry, I don't even think I said it was for a rod Ryan Show T shirt.
Speaker 3: Dude, you beat the pulp out of that kid. Sorry, no, you're not.
Speaker 10: I I was afraid Adam was going to get through again.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is with you and Adam the cop? He's been blowing me up. Oh he made me a one pump jump back in January. But do you guys have each others? He said, you guys have been chatting online maybe or something. Yeah, we're on that YouTube chat.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, changing yeah, believe me.
Speaker 2: Out of the cop is listening.
Speaker 3: He's trying to get at you for sure.
Speaker 2: All Right, great game today. I think.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan Show on the.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, the buzz it's Papa Roach and even it kills me. Well, that was something that was I like that kid Morgan too. I mean, she comes in, she's, you know, she's like, she's like that next generation, trying to keep the you know, keep the future, the future alive, you know. And then Jerry just did what he did fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody. You're hello Jerry. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion. I'll leave it at the I did what I did.
Speaker 10: And then do it again out join there when I make it win number three.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just another person standing in your way. You have a goal. You come on this show, you play this silly game. Stand him up, put him down. Yep, that's what it is. No matter who that person is, he just looks at me. I win, stand him up, put him down. Okay, that's just another bowling pin in your way. It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 5: We make you look smart in funny your buddies, it's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 2: You can't wait to see Jerry next though, beating up on a nine year old or ninth grade girl. Jerry's great, dude, man. He comes out of you always volunteers. I didn't see what the last golf tournament, but that guy's almost out there every time, volunteering, out there, sweating work in a hole or whatever. Thank you, Jerry. Hey, guys, got some fun facts for you today. Who got the Apple Music app on their phone. I'm an iHeart iHeart Radio gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I know what you got over the company man.
Speaker 2: You have promised that you won't use Apple's music app to make a nuclear or any sort of chemical weapons. You have already agreed to this. There's a line in the terms and conditions that you have agreed to that prohibits it. You can't play you drag a bomb on it. Nobody reads the fine print. Everybody just agrees, agrees, agrees. That's probably a good one to agree to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm happy that you guys.
Speaker 3: Are agreed to not do that on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: Good call on that. I don't know if we asked that. Canadians are so polite. Sorry, sorry, Canadians are so polite that this is actually necessary. In Ontario, Canada, there's a law that's saying sorry is by no means any admission of guilt.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: Who they love to apologize. Nice sort of, they're very nice.
Speaker 7: It's a guilty feeling.
Speaker 2: Finally, before Hugo Boss became an international fashion company, you ever heard this.
Speaker 3: It didn't really come out until later.
Speaker 2: They made uniforms for the Nazis bad. Look, no one knew until nineteen ninety seven the company showed up on a list of Swiss bank accounts. It was completely buried that information, and of course they did it, they didn't want to talk about it. It wasn't until nineteen ninety seven that the company finally admitted their Nazi ties. Like, oh, it's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny your body, it's the fuck that to the day. What a huge brand name too, Hugo Boss. Yeah, it's like, oh Volkswagen was there too, Volkswagen and yeah, I mean just look at like Germany during that time. I think mainly think you get a choice. Yeah, there's probably a lot of German companies that were doing some things that they're not proud of right now, you know Argentinian, but they're still around. Okay, it's your fact one hundred dollars c seas pizza gift card. How do I want to word this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: This country has twenty five million people, but it also is home to fifty million of these What are these seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: Right, there's Captain Cash right there. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Not a whole up, buddy, I'll be doing Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 7: Uh, not a baut down Wall Street. The Dow is up four hundred and nineteen points.
Speaker 13: Yeah, kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand, six hundred and six NASDAK up four hundred and seven to Sixteenthan seven hundred and eight benchmarktin Your treasury set of four point three five percent oil stands a sixty two dollars ninety eight cents a barrel to the most actors, the big studs Boeing, Amazon and Navidia, the big duds Jay and J, Procter and Gamble and Verizon.
Speaker 7: The economic account of this morning's pretty crowded.
Speaker 13: We'll get durable goods, also new home sales for March right now, futures on the downside.
Speaker 7: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Halin Manajor, director with the Raymond James Pook It for the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 13: From Ramony James on Sam Fliep and the I said, and don't forget thys or rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Amien's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nasd AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 2: We'll continue.
Speaker 14: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services. On the studs duds are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 2: Finances ninety four fund the Buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Shows, Sandra Hey, Rod, good morning, good morning, thanks for being in homeroom. Appreciate you. So this country has twenty five million people, okay, they have fifty million of these what are these kangaroos? Yeah, Australia. I didn't want to give you the country. That would have given it away. I didn't want to give you the ruse because that would have given Australia a way. So that's why I had the fresh You're smart, you got it, you got it, one hundred dollars CC's pizza gift card.
Speaker 6: Awesome, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sandra Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 15: Four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 2: Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Shelty can part. What I've did? What do we have for you next hour?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No big deal, just a chance to meet the guys in three to eleven. I've got tickets. Yeah, I got tickets and meet and greet passes for the show May nine, seven, one to three Music Hall, and then you'd be qualified to be upgraded to box seats for that seven twenty. I'll hook you up with that, and then you know, eight twenty, all hell breaks loose. I'm over here chit chatting with Hal.
Speaker 7: Such a distraction.
Speaker 2: I gotta get my words ready for read my lips when you do it. I don't think I've asked anybody to send me your words.
Speaker 3: I know you are, though, I see that.
Speaker 2: I'll go through all the emails, send me word suggestions. Read my lips. Alex P and Mikey P. Go at it listener. Mikey P. Well known gravy ganger, Lada Later that's gonna be a nice UZ game at eight twenty today, so send me your word suggestions. Plus we'll play song clips next hour for Throwback Thursday to get you familiar with the songs. Twenty percent chance of ring partly cloudy skies. High of eighty four today Alex with Houston's headline, we good morning everyone, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: A more fast moving wildfire in the Ocean County, New Jersey area has burned over thirteen thousand acres, making it one of the state's largest in nearly twenty years. The blaze is known as the Jones Road wildfire began on Tuesday in the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area and quickly spread.
Speaker 3: Due to dry conditions and strong winds.
Speaker 5: Approximately five thousand residents were evacuated from the Lacy and Ocean townships, but the evacuation orders were lifted later in the day. The fire threatened around thirteen hundred structures and led to the temporary closure of a seventeen mile stretch of the Garden State Parkway.
Speaker 2: Vice President JD. Vance issued a warning yesterday that the United States is going.
Speaker 5: To withdraw from peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine unless both nations agree to a cease fire soon. Speaking from India, Vance emphasized that the US has presented a clear proposal and expects a prompt response. The plan involves freezing territorial lines near their current positions, requiring both Ukraine and Russia to relinquish some control over contested areas. President Donald Trump echoed this frustration on social media, criticizing Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky for refusing to acknowledge Russia's occupation of Crimea. Critics are blasting the deal as rewarding Russia for the invasion of Ukraine. Some lighter news, Today's bring your child to workday.
Speaker 2: Neither my child or your child. Nobody here. Nobody's here. My child would not be very good at bringing your child to work day.
Speaker 6: Chili.
Speaker 2: He's got nine dogs in the room with him. He brought all this. That's fine, he can do that every day. I didn't know this, nor was it kind of promoted. The thing about having a kid in school. There's apps here at square, there's this app, then there's the PTA, then there's this class Ninja. It can't keep up with everything that's going on.
Speaker 5: So I got into all school school board argument on my podcast last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you bitched about? The school board?
Speaker 3: People to text me in districts that I'm not even so I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, my kid's not here. She's going to school today. Yeah, she's not at work with me.
Speaker 5: So every fourth Thursday in April, kids get a front row seat to the grown up grind thanks to this day. Contrary to what your boss may say, this is not a loophole to child labor laws. It actually started in nineteen ninety two by feminist icon my favorite Lauria steinem to empower young girls with real world role models.
Speaker 3: By two thousand and three, boys joined in on the fun.
Speaker 5: Today, the event spans to nearly one hundred countries with over thirty seven million people taking part in it. This year's theme, I didn't know they had themes, but this theme this year is for a new generation and is aimed at inspiring the next wave of dream chasers, one office tour at a time.
Speaker 2: I never did this growing up, but I can tell you I remember my dad's factory having like a family day where we can go in there and we're walking around like my dad worked for General Motors. Yeah, and we were walking around the factory and everybody was working. And I remember my dad come cruising up on a like a golf cart looking thing. That's cool, with all his tools and everything. And then he got us in there and we drove us around. That was cool. I was really young when that happened.
Speaker 3: Every like a kid like.
Speaker 5: It wasn't bring your kid to work day, but like going to my dad's office, milk.
Speaker 2: This is where dad works. This is crazy.
Speaker 3: That's got a desk, he got his own office.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The fact I remember thinking the factory was the biggest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: People were riding around bicycles and stuff. Everybody says, I get my stuff about your dad.
Speaker 5: They hive them up and you're like, oh, okay dad, Oh this guy around me sometimes Okay, I guess he's not so bad.
Speaker 7: Not so bad.
Speaker 5: Hey, my family's coming and say something good about me. So happy bring your child to workday. Let us know how that's going. If anybody h is celebrating today.
Speaker 2: A trailer for.
Speaker 5: The upcoming HBO documentary Pee Wee as Himself just dropped, and the documentary features a late actor Paul Rubins, in forty hours of interviews prior to his twenty twenty three death and also features interviews with playhouse vets like Lawrence Fishburne, Natasha Leon, and Lynn Stewart, plus director's Tim Burton, Jedd Afft on actor David Arquette. A two part documentary premiere's May twenty third on HBO.
Speaker 2: Cindy Lauper, Thank you? What was the funny Laper? What was the fun fact? About the pee Wee Herman theme song? Sung by Cindy Lauper. She did not want her name on it.
Speaker 7: YEP.
Speaker 3: I will always remember that. I was like, this is Cindy Wapper in a weird voice.
Speaker 2: I think they just came up with some crazy name. She thought, I don't want to be associated with this, but she still did it as a favorite worked out all right.
Speaker 5: Riot Fest is celebrating its twentieth anniversary with a massive lineup in Chicago's Douglas Park from September nineteenth through the twenty first. Headliners are going to include Blink one eighty two on Friday, Weezer and Jack White on Saturday, and Green Day closing out the festival on Sunday.
Speaker 2: This is what Coachella used to be. This is awesome. This is an awesome lineup.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to go to it because I don't travel, but this would be something I would want to go to, and it's the only.
Speaker 2: It was a slow music day. But I wanted to talk about the lineup a little bit. This is a great lineup. This is what festivals used to look like. Chicago still does it. Yeah, And I mean there's like all festivals.
Speaker 5: It's cool to like learn new bands and find out about new bands when you go there.
Speaker 3: But like a lot of times, and I'm old, I'm old.
Speaker 2: This is me getting old.
Speaker 5: But Coachella has people there like I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: I don't know that is.
Speaker 3: I learned who John's summit was this this week. He's a DJ.
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like a DJ, but welcome to the old Man. Yeah, well that's how I'm feeling. But like, this is something that's really cool. And then like, uh so the three day events that also featured It's Gonna have ninety acts spanning punk, alternative, emo, and indie rock. Other notable performers include the sex Pistols, The Beach Boys, Weird Al Yankovic, Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, All Time Low, and The Drop Cake Murphy's There was a lot more and you like the.
Speaker 2: Pogues are gonna be there. It was a pretty killer lineup.
Speaker 5: If you're a rock, emo or alternative music.
Speaker 2: Fan f Coachella, this is if you were going to if you were going to travel to one festival, this would be the one.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 3: This is better than.
Speaker 2: What la la palo. This is.
Speaker 3: This is unbelievable, absolutely killer lineup.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can you see the lineup on the music bog pitch? Yeah, all right, go check it out today. And then the three day general admission ticket start at tw hundred and ninety nine dollars, you know, something cheap with VIP packages also available.
Speaker 2: Three days three hundred bucks, one hundred bucks a day to se almost bet that's not bad. It's actually not good if you break it down.
Speaker 5: But then Jake, you to get there and then to stay there and we have to travel, yeah, and hope you get back in time.
Speaker 2: Those are using headlines.
Speaker 5: Let's go the real Houston headline though, was the Rockets beaten that Warriors ass last night one oh nine and ninety four Warriors come out and play a.
Speaker 2: Few Draymond Green.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they evened up the series at a game apiece.
Speaker 2: Jalen Green went off.
Speaker 5: He had thirty eight points on the night to lead all players in scoring, while Golden States Draymond Green was throwing hands and complained to the refs all night.
Speaker 3: He had five turnovers and just two baskets.
Speaker 5: They're gonna now have a couple of days off before they play Game three on Saturday night in San Francisco. Tonight in the NBA, we got the Pistons playing the Nicks, the thunder taking on the Grizzlies, and the Clippers posting the Nuggets. In baseball, play that play, that beautiful music. Astros got another win last night. They beat the Blue Jays three to one, their first series sweep of the season. They've now also won three in a row, which is their longest winning streak of the season. Seems like things are starting to turn around for the hometown boys. They're thirteen and eleven on the season. They're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the.
Speaker 3: Royals tomorrow night. In football, things just keep getting.
Speaker 2: Better, don't they. The NFL Draft starts tonight in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: The Titans are expected to take Miami's quarterback cam Ward with the first two overall pick. The first three picks are likely going to be cam Ward, Colorado's Travis Hunter and Penn State's Abdual Carter. Texans have a twenty fifth overall pick. You could expect them to take an offensive lineman in the first round. The draft starts at seven and you can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. It's a great time to be a sports fan.
Speaker 5: It sure is. The game's on every night.
Speaker 2: It's it's perfect.
Speaker 3: This draft, that's fun right now.
Speaker 16: Rocking Alternatives The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Offspring, Self Esteem, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: How's the voting going, It's going on.
Speaker 2: It's going pretty good. Fat Boy Slim Rockefeller, Skank in the lead. Theory of a dead Man, Santa Monica. You know I love Theory of a dead Man. They got my vote. Dexter freebish leaving Town. You guys know what a dexter freebish is. Alex does Alex, you know what a dexter freebish is. I remember you told me it was. Didn't you retain any of the information. I love a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Sometimes some fast leave I can relin it later.
Speaker 2: It was an old roller coaster at Astro World, the Dexter Freebish and then they after get they're a Texas man. They named their band after that. They were they were a one hit wonder. Hell, you're still here, so I'm gonna use you. What are you even doing right now?
Speaker 3: Acting cash?
Speaker 2: You need to be in markets aren't open yet.
Speaker 7: I'm busy over here.
Speaker 3: How many grand kids?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna put you on the spot. A seven? Okay? How many? This is my pole question this morning? How many chuggers before choo choo? You just gotta do it naturally, Go go do it.
Speaker 7: Chug it chugg a choo choo.
Speaker 2: Why are you so lame? Two? Why are you so lazy? What is it you understand the dumb question? It's clearly eight? Do chug it chug it chug it chugg it, chug it, chugg it, chug it chug it choo choo. Oh okay, I got it's three or four?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See Alex? How many chugg is before choagug chugger chug it.
Speaker 6: Four? Four?
Speaker 2: You can also do three if you're in pinch.
Speaker 3: It's never not numbered.
Speaker 2: You're gonna throw your kid. Your kid's gonna be kind of psychopath. You can't do you do three. If you're doing odd numbers of chugga's before the chew chew, that kid is not gonna be well.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna know odds and evens. Dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be elite.
Speaker 3: Hell, I'll give you another shot at it.
Speaker 11: Go.
Speaker 7: I just don't even get it. Chuck a chug chug a chug chuck out.
Speaker 2: Chuck got two. That was like seven.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like you meant that one.
Speaker 2: I did any psychopath? What are you doing to your kids? This isn't right. How many chuggas.
Speaker 3: Before the chew chew is the question today?
Speaker 2: This is a gen z thing. Thirty one percent say two. Hell weirdo, Yeah, weirdo. Thirty four percent say four. That's correct. We never played with these kids. Twelve percent say six, twenty percent say eight or more. Okay, chug a chugga is two, that's insane. We're not counting in sets. Chug a chug a chew chew. That's lazy.
Speaker 3: It's not lazy, it is it's just a fast train.
Speaker 2: That is dude, uh.
Speaker 5: Efficient true, it's gonna burn itself out.
Speaker 2: Whole question on the X at Rod Ryan's Alex NFL Draft tonight, seven o'clock on ABC at ESPN.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buddy in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Wisconsin, Texans are picking where twenty five an offensive line? Any chances though? I mean, is there somebody that they love that they might kind of go, you know, trade up for.
Speaker 5: It's like a deep class, but they're not as like the It's not as top heavy as last year's draft class, so I think they could trade up to get an offensive lineman. They did trade Tensil in the off season to Washington, so they kind of need to replenished the offensive line. If you watched nfgames last year, you know that CJ was running for his life for a lot of the year.
Speaker 3: He was so protect our boy, all right, So that's going on.
Speaker 2: It's it's a great morning because the Astros win, get out the brooms. That was our first sweep of the season. And then of course the Rockets win, and I can only think about those people we gave those Rockets tickets to yesterday. Boy, we gave them tickets to a really good game. It wasn't it At like eleven thirty, so it was a late name.
Speaker 3: It was an ass whooman last night as well.
Speaker 5: That was we made it all about them in the fourth quarter. Draymond Green can throw hands, he can throw punches. He doesn't get a tech but Tari's and throws a towel tech. Yeah, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So this is the hour you're gonna get those three eleven tickets. So here's what I'd like to do. Let me take a break, I'm gonna come back rec check. We will find out what's trending. We'll give away tickets to three eleven and get you an opportunity to meet the band. And then we got song clips coming up. We'll talk about you know, what's the what's the best song to vote on today for Throwback Thursday. So we'll get into all that stuff coming up. Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 16: Rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, you're doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 3: I finally kicked hal out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, you gotta go, you gotta go, all right, I got work to do here. No, I finally got to go through a bunch of your emails. I got through almost all of them today, so you're doing a wonderful job sending me these word suggestions for Read my Lips, which is next hour, Mikey P. Listener, Mikey P taking on our very own Alex P and uh Battle of Peas. Yeah, Battle of the P's and Battle of the Gravy. So that's gonna be a great matchup. So continue to send me your words. Rod at the Buzz dot com. Continue hitting us up on the X at Rod Ryan Show. Our poll question is up there. How many chuggers before a chew chew? That's the big debate today. I love it. I've got three eleven tickets coming up for you. We're gonna do song clips for Throwback Thursday. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty four show a lot going on. Man, Oh, what's trending?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: Thankstagram Thursday of course. Well, well, well, Lynn.
Speaker 3: Was submitted to us by an anonymous listener. Go check her out, like a lot.
Speaker 2: Of other people are. I need to go look at that right now.
Speaker 3: Well, famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the directions.
Speaker 5: Draft Day is trending the first round of the NFL Draft is tonight. It begins, and it's seven o'clock and the Texan told the twenty fifth overall pick, and we'll most likely be taking an offensive lineman with that selection. And then Pope Francis is continuing to trend. He is lying in state at Saint Peter's Basilica and a lot of people are paying their respects.
Speaker 3: Still, that is what's trending on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five to bus. Sorry after you said throw I got lost, if you said fix the gram, I got lost. I feel you. I understand he's still lost. You're just a man still lost. Wow, this is a good one.
Speaker 3: Anonymous. Anonymous sent this one. They want to check the a mab at.
Speaker 2: It guys, links and guests. Awesome today. All right, go vote, we're gonna do it. Well, wait till we do some clips. If you want to maybe refresh your memory and your ears with what song is what? So, here's what I need you to do. If you want to go see three eleven and if you want to meet the guys at the seven one to three Music Hall winner will go in the drawing tomorrow. Chili grabs you and upgrades you to box seats. But I've got the tickets and the meet and greet with three eleven right now for caller number ten seven, one, three, two one.
Speaker 14: Rod Ryan Shows ninety four five The Buzz See either with Amy Lee Broken.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. We're gonna say we're gonna do a song clips. Yes, I'm raying out love the song clip segment. Get you guys excited about voting for Throwback Thursday. Twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy today, high of eighty four. Who we got tickets to give away? You got three eleven tickets? All right? I need to listen. You're gonna meet the guys in the band. You gotta be cool. You ain't go losing your s in front of them. I mean, be excited, but yeah, we can't have you ripping their shirts off. Good morning, Hello morning, Hi? Who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Brenda.
Speaker 2: That that lead singer of three eleven is insanely handsome. It's not fair like he's in wicked shape. It's got all his dumb hair. He's the singer of three eleven?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Nick Hexham?
Speaker 3: Super handsome, got nice teeth everything.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be okay around him? I'm gonna be okay, Okay, I can't have you clawn at these guys and tearing Nick Hexham right, handsome fella.
Speaker 3: I can't have you tearing his clothes off.
Speaker 2: You promise, promise you can handle yourself around rock stars. Oh yeah, what if you? I mean, what if this is the last time we talked to you. You get on the bus boom, now you're on tour with three eleven. I mean it is okay that all that all allows? Okay, if you want to just pick up, leave your life here and the Houston area, just go out on the road with three eleven and then so be it. It was meant to be. Yeah, Brianna, your color number ten. I'm gonna give you the tickets, all right, You're gonna meet the band and then, I don't know, maybe move town. I don't move out of town. I don't know. Ny Where are you?
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 2: I'm from Cyprus and it's Breanna Breandna Brandna bren Brandy Brenn. Who you're bringing? Do you know? I mean, I know you just won the tickets, you got to make plans and all that, But who do you think you would bring to this?
Speaker 11: I mean probably.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Well I have to you know, filtered out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably my husband good call. Oh yeah, maybe he'll keep you in line around.
Speaker 3: Nick, keep me in line, keep me in check.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, it's smart. All right, bren and husband of Brenn. Have a great time at that show. All right, thank you. On Friday, before we get out of here, before ten o'clock, Chili's going to take the five people that have won. You're one of them, and somebody's going to be upgraded to box seats as well, so the night could get even better. All right, all right, I wish you the best on that grand prize. I need you to hang out for me, all right, thank you? How many chuggers before I chew chew?
Speaker 6: Uh two?
Speaker 2: Do it for me? Check a checker?
Speaker 5: Do you too?
Speaker 2: What's the rush? Too few? It's not enough chuggers? All right?
Speaker 3: All right, Brenda, you're awesome.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me. Good your ma. It's well documented how much I love Theory of a Dead Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love this band.
Speaker 2: The fact that we were able to secure them for the twentieth anniversary. Tyler and the guys Man. They just put on an unbelievable show. An unbelievable set, and this just happens to be one of my favorite Theory of a dead Man's songs. It's called Santa Monica, and for some reason it's not winning today. It's matter with you people.
Speaker 6: The day when you left.
Speaker 11: The Santa Monica, you left me to.
Speaker 12: Remain your excuse is foreverthing heartbreak.
Speaker 2: Guy comes home comes home to a note is chick has left. Wrote a song about it. Guys, it's in second place. It's got thirty eight percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: A right about now, the funk.
Speaker 2: I know what you voted for. I'm just telling people, everybody knows what you voted for before we even played the clip.
Speaker 3: Something that we knew here.
Speaker 2: I like some fat boy slim, Yeah, why wouldn't.
Speaker 5: And this is the best album.
Speaker 2: The Rockefeller Skank, just two percentage points above Theory of a Dead Man. It's got forty percent of your vote right now. I tell you that time I went to a rave of Woodstock and I bought a Rice Christy tree. I do remember that there was nothing in nothing about a twenty five dollar Rice Christmas.
Speaker 3: Other people treats because you wanted the team to have fun.
Speaker 2: I was the radio wizard. I was the program director when I went to Woodstock. Actually, I got a little little treat for everybody, and I bought everybody at twenty five dollars. I went, we went to the rave. It was it was Zobe and him, right, Moby, that boy Slim, a couple of other guys and this guy's walking around selling Rice Krispy treats and I bought twenty five dollars apiece. I bought one for me and like the four staff members that I brought with me, like, yeah, the program directors given everyone drugs.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's do this, right, you keep.
Speaker 2: An eye on me. I'll keep an eye on you. You keep an eye on him. You watch him, You watch him, I'll watch him, you watch me. We all ate the Rice Krispy treats. Nothing happened, nothing at all. This guy us one time I was like open to doing drugs. Nothing happened.
Speaker 3: Don't do drugs, don't bad.
Speaker 2: What was that Woodstock? It was a rave, that airplane hanger two in the morning. This low key has won before. Yeah, Dexter Free Bish They're a Texas band. They're named after roller coasters. An old roller coaster, uh At Astro World one hit wonder, But what a hit that wonder was. Like, I'm thinking when this came out, this might have been the summer jam that year. This might have been my same summer jam early two thousand, maybe two thousand, summer of two thousand, summer jam. Just take you glad you went from yeah, take me back.
Speaker 6: Up on you.
Speaker 2: We were celebrating ye two k not happening? Who are really living?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We made it through the We didn't know what nine to eleven was yet the computers knew to go from ninety nine to double zero figured it out. I don't know if that was gonna happen or not. We peak society.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the chorus.
Speaker 2: Let's go please, oh yeah, frosted tips, Jenko jeans. I don't care if this one mine.
Speaker 3: This this is a good, solid, It is really good. It's in the last place.
Speaker 5: This is This is another week where I'm kind of happy with whoever wins.
Speaker 2: Good lineup, solid solid, nine thirty, great lineup of songs. I need you to vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Show Good Morning so on n four five.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz everlast what it's like, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. Guys keep sending me the great word suggestions. Please keep sending them in. Email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 3: Any word suggestions.
Speaker 2: Alex P. Middleton is taking on Mikey P. And I do believe I see him in the house. He's in the chili bowl birthday boy, and this is birthday today and he's like early and ready to go. I expect I would expect nothing less of Mikey P. We're gonna have a great read my lips game. But it's all based on what you send me. Okay, you have to email me Rod at Thebuzz dot com. What words do you think would be great? Doesn't have to be something that was said on the show. I know a lot of people gravitate towards that stuff and it does make it fun. But anything at all, anything at all, fe boy Slim. After those song clips, a bunch of votes came in Fepoy Slim still in the lead, with Rockefeller Skank Theory of a dead Man in second place, Dextra freebish. Okay, so nothing really moved around too much After playing the song clips, but if you haven't voted yet to hit us up on links and guests. Please for Throwback Thursday winning song played at nine thirty The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this Throwback Thursday, read my lips this next hour. Throwback Thursday song played at nine thirty. But uh yeah, Mikey P is here. He looks like he's ready to go. He's gonna be taking on alex P eight twenty. I'm still taking word suggestions. Email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. Seeing nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain, partly claudy skies today highs of around eighty four. Let's go, alex P. You're worried about this Mikey pea guy. You know I'm gonna be happy with is this?
Speaker 3: But he has my wallet right now, he has to hit the Buzz.
Speaker 2: I had to go peek, you had to go waitte Well.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, I'm gonna have to go to do his news real fast. Just hold on to this key card.
Speaker 2: Oh, he needed to use the bathroom, So you gave him your card, which is in your wallet. Yeah, here's your wallet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I know he's a good guy, Mike.
Speaker 2: You feel how much money in there? Oh he's in the bathroom, He's not here. Yeah, okay, Hey, what are Houston's headlines? So, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A fast moving wildfire in Ocean County, New Jersey's been burned over thirteen thousand acres, making one of the state's largest in nearly twenty years. The blaze, known as the Jones Road wildfire, began on Tuesday in the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area. Quickly spread due to dry conditions and strong winds. Approximately five thousand residents were evacuated from the Lacy and Ocean townships, but the evacuation orders were lifted at later in the day. The fire threatened around thirteen hundred acres or thirte hundred structures and led to the temporary closure of a seventeen mile stretch of the Garden State Parkway. According to the FBI's annual Internet Crime Report that was released yesterday, scammers stole four point eight billion dollars from older Americans last year. This marks a significant portion of the sixteen point six billion dollars lost to fraud nationwide in twenty twenty four. A thirty three percent increase from twenty twenty three, and investment scams were particularly damaging, with nearly six billion dollars lost across all age groups. Business email compromise schemes accounted for two billion in losses, while tech support scams brought in over one billion. Other common frauds included toll scams and emergency scams where callers posed as relatives in distress. The FBI receives an average of eight hundred thousand cyber fraud reports every single year, the average victim losing at least twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So London and I are talking to my mom the other day. She goes, what do you think about me getting married? My mom's in an old folks home, like a full care facility. Like someone else in the full care facility. I go, did you meet somebody? She goes, well, yeah, I've been talking and I said to who, like Tom Hidleston or something like, oh like some actor?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Go what She goes, Yeah, he wants to get married. He lives in Scotland, some guy from like Highlander or something. I don't know.
Speaker 5: The guy just needs a little bit of cash to get across the pond, somebody we can get wedded.
Speaker 2: So there's been noe. I go, how much money does he want? Well, no, he just wants to get married. My mom's telling me this. I go, Mom, you're so smart. I go, how could you possibly now? You can be smart and lonely at the same time. My mom's with it, still reading all the books. My mom's still with it. Okay, she thinks it's the guy wants to marry her. Somebody tell me who he is. He lives in Scotland and he's on like some show for so specific. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I always like the ones where it's like a screen grab of like, hey it's Fred Durst. I want to make a new busyt album. I just need two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And then my oh, well, so London said, and I was like, cool, god's getting married. You're getting married. I'm like, no, nobody's getting married. Nobody's getting married. Well, he's gotta get from Scotland first. Obviously you can't get me until then.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, well, you should put his play at least don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Just what you're talking about these scams scams. He hasn't asked for any money yet it's coming. But I told you last year when I took her out. We were at Target and you were just, you know, I'm just I'm cruising around in the wheelchair, and she said, what's an Apple gift card? I'm like, ah, ah, why do you need to know that? Yeah, somebody's asking I mean, somebody's asking for it.
Speaker 3: An Apple pay card. That's what a lot of people pay with is Low's gift cards.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that happens all the time. It sucks.
Speaker 5: The body of Pope Francis was moved to Saint Peter's Basilica yesterday, where he will lie in state for three days to allow the public to pay their respects. The funeral is scheduled for Saturday at ten am local time in Saint Peter's Square, and it's going to be led by Cardinal Giovanni Battista Ray. In accordance with his wishes, Pope Francis will be buried in the Basilica of Saint Mary's Major in Rome, making him the first pope in over a century to be interred outside of the Vatican. As as of last night, around twenty five thousand people had already visited Saint Peter's square. Since yesterday morning, of the one hundred and thirty five eligible cardinals to vote in the conclave to elect a new pope too have already said they won't be attending for health reasons.
Speaker 2: I'll fill in and Chili will also fill in their place. Yeah, it's probably not a good filling, not a bad felling.
Speaker 5: No, it is a bat, not a bad They need a common man, They need the common man.
Speaker 2: Jelly Roll has been very honest about his past.
Speaker 3: You served time.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you doing the text story. I skipped I skipped one.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 5: Pete Davidson, Yeah, Pete Davidson. He's been in the process of getting his tattoos removed. He's about thirty percent done so far, and he's also spent two hundred thousand dollars, so you get him removed. Pete says that he's gonna take him another ten years to complete the whole process because it takes in ten to twelve sessions for each tattoo, with his six week healing process in between each session. He says that his arms, hands, and neck are basically ink free, but he still has his torso in back left to do.
Speaker 2: There's still a lot of ink. It's said all the time on this show. Tattoo removal way more painful than the actual tattoo. Like that tattoo everyone has said it that has gone through the process and the blistering of your skin and everything, and how ugly it looks before it's removed, And is it ever fully removed or is it still faintly there? You know, I'm sure you could do a lot of things with makeup, and Pete Davidson's an actor now and they can cover all that stuff up for roles. But if you ever saw him like getting out of the pool, are those tattoos ever gonna be gone gone? I don't know where they're at with removal right now.
Speaker 5: He's got to have money probably get him all gone gone, But I bet gone gone.
Speaker 2: And then I've somebody that in the tattoo space can tell me this. I heard green is the most difficult color too to get rid of fully.
Speaker 5: You know, like when people it's a new thing where they just black out, like their whole arm. Can you get that removed? That that seems pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Like machine gun Kelly is just like all blacked out. Yeah, yeah, you're not removing that. You might as well just peel off your spray. That seems like impossible, Yeah, just just cut your skin off. Good business to be in tattoo removal of that, Oh yeah, a lot of big money in it.
Speaker 5: Jelly Roll has been very honest about his past. He served time for drug crimes and still has a felony conviction for aggravated assault on his record, but that may be changing. The Tennessee Board of Parole just recommended that Jelly receive a full pardon, meaning his past crimes would be no longer on his record. Even though Jelly is famous, he still has had trouble of traveling because of his felony conviction. Performing shows abroad has been a huge hurdle for him. When speaking about his parole hearing, Jelly said quote, I want to be an inspiration for people who are now where I used to be, so let them know the change is truly possible.
Speaker 3: There is no word on what Bunny XO.
Speaker 5: Said about the pardon, but I would imagine she's all for it.
Speaker 2: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Somehow he has performed overseas.
Speaker 2: I think he can.
Speaker 3: It's probably just more of a hassle.
Speaker 2: He's done some shows in Canada. It's by private, but I don't know if he's He confirmed to be supporting Post Malone on a European tour in twenty twenty five, so he's got dates in the UK and stuff, so.
Speaker 3: Somehow he's still able to travel.
Speaker 5: If you're a felon, they probably just do more research on units. Not as easy to just travel freely, but I bet if you have a private genet's probably slightly easier.
Speaker 2: Maybe all right.
Speaker 5: The Rockets beat the Warriors last night one nine ninety five in Game two of their first round series, even it up at a game a piece.
Speaker 2: Jalen Green went off.
Speaker 5: He had thirty eight points on the night to lead all players in scoring, as opposed to Golden States Draymond Green, who bitched all night through his hands at people and complained to the refs all throughout the game. He just had five turnovers and two may baskets. They're gonna have a couple of days off now before playing Game three on Saturday night in San Francisco. Tonight, we got the Pistons playing the Knicks, the thunder taking on the Grizzlies, and the Clippers will host the Nuggets. In baseball, though more good music. Astro's got another win last night. They beat the Blue Jays three to one. They've won three in a row for the first time all season. Was their first series sweep and their longest winning streak so far this year. They're thirteen and eleven on this season, and they're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the Royals tomorrow night in Kansas City. In football, the NFL drafts tonight.
Speaker 2: You got your basketball music, then you got your then you got your baseball music. I'm thinking, Okay, what has he got?
Speaker 6: Draft day to night?
Speaker 2: He got nothing? Draft day?
Speaker 3: Draft day, draft, draft, draft, draft to draft, new guy?
Speaker 2: Who will the Tucks draft? That's pretty good? Pretty good? I don't know.
Speaker 5: So. Yeah, the Titans are expecting to take Miami quarterback cam Ward with the first overall pick.
Speaker 3: First picks or the first three.
Speaker 5: We are going to likely be cam Ward, Colorados Travis Hunter and Penn State's Abdul Carter. Tecans had the twenty fifth overall pick, expecting to take an offensive lineman in the first round. The draft's gonna start seven and you can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: Cam Ward's kind of from this area. He played at Incarnett Word. I remember he played against Sam Houston one time, really, and then he transferred to Washington State. He was it Columbia High School. It is Columbia High School, and it was They ran a weird offense. It was mostly run based, so he wasn't highly recruited coming out of high school. He went to Incarnate Word, balled out in the FCS Division of College Football, then transferred to Washington State, balled out there, transferred to Miami and kicked some more ass. So he's he's pretty good they compared to some people like his ceiling is Patrick Mahomes, and then he could also just be a complete bust like just about anybody in the draft.
Speaker 3: I really liked him. Wish the Giants would have taken one Columbia High School.
Speaker 2: It's down there towards Lake Jackson, Columbia Roughnecks. I believe. Okay, good luck Man.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show, Oh ninety four or five, the bus Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: What part of the show, it'sdatowek eitaway. This morning is completely getting away from me h.
Speaker 2: Throw back Thursday, hashtag throwback Thursday. Have you voted for what song you would like played? At nine thirty? Many of you have. It's slow, The voting is slow today. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'm thirsty. I need more of you.
Speaker 2: I need more of you voting. Fep boy Slim has forty four percent of the vote. Hey of a Dead Man is thirty three percent. Dexter freebish leaving town. We all said we wouldn't mind that. We all said we'd be okay with that. It's got twenty one percent of the vote. Voting is strong. On the chugg a chuggs today? How many Chuggas come before a chew chew Alex? Your answer was or chug it chugg it, chug it, chug it chew cheo. It's a fisher. It's the point, not your facts. Number one answer thirty six percent for chuggas, thirty one percent of you. I'm normally in a rush everything I do. I am not in that big of a rush for my chugg is before my chew chew. Thirty one percent of you only bust out two thirteen percent say six and I am in the eight or more category. And I'm about twenty percent of you chug get chicks, chug Chi cook and chicken choke. You really gotta like you know, you're getting there.
Speaker 3: You're getting there.
Speaker 2: You gotta give it some time.
Speaker 3: You gotta let that one breathe.
Speaker 2: You people use psychos with your two chuggs before the chewe chow is nuts to me? Psycho?
Speaker 3: That is psycho?
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, we can agree on that cours fine, but you got to show that like that train's working. Man all right, Chilli Jili has a friend of the chili bowl over there that's stuck to bave my lips. Let's go over to the chili bowl here, Hey, Chili, who's your friend?
Speaker 9: That's Mikey P.
Speaker 2: That is Mikey P, isn't it, hey, Mikey P. Last time I saw Mikey P was probably on a golf course. Does that sound about right? Maybe maybe you were at the golf tournament.
Speaker 9: Weren't you not?
Speaker 2: This year? Now you weren't. I had a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 7: Man couldn't make it out and.
Speaker 2: You let him in here, Chili, that's all right. I know you've been out there a bunch, bro. This is your late later leader here. Are you sure? I mean you're not gonna just lay down in front of him?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: I lay it down for no man? Okay, let's who it is, all right, Mikey P. We'll find out a little bit more about you coming up as we'll have you in studio. We'll find out some people have practiced, some people haven't. What I've asked is everybody at least listen to that ridiculous song. Yeah, yeah, that'll freak you out. Even the people that have listened to the song Sultan's Curse y masted On. Yeah, every single person that has put the earbuds in is like, oh my god, you guys listened to it that loud because I feel like people have prepped for it by listening to it loud.
Speaker 5: But maybe, like we the volume cannot go any higher than we have it turn all the way up to eleven.
Speaker 2: It is clear playing read my lips. It's great for our hearing. I'm sure it's crazy distracting. It does block out all the sounds so that you will truly have to read my lips. You won't be able to hear the words that I'm saying, all the words I'm going to be saying are coming in from you keep sending him in.
Speaker 3: I'll do one final scan in this break.
Speaker 2: I'll be looking for the best words for the game and words that Alex won't yell at me about. So email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 16: Houston, Houston's alternative and Helm at The Rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety five the Bus.
Speaker 2: Alright, all right, welcome back everybody, Throw Back Thursday, Fix the Graham Thursday, the day we play read my lips. We got Mike P. We're gonna talk to him in just a moment. He's getting ready to take on his gravy gang leader Alex P. Twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudie Skies eighty four is the high today. All right, Lada ladle leader. You got to do a podcas Stuff today, brand new podcast.
Speaker 5: We did a mock draft of jersey numbers, not specific people with jersey numbers, just what we thought were the coolest looking jersey numbers. We learned a lot about popes, okay, we talked about micro doos, seeing steroids, and we told, oh, you would love this. We came up with a way to make cargo pants classy. Now, when we came up with business cargo pants.
Speaker 3: I never really wore cargo pants.
Speaker 2: Right, but now you might with our new idea. But I didn't really appreciate the cargo short shaming that went on for a number of years, and it's just weird to me.
Speaker 3: We also power ranked Sounds, which was pretty fun.
Speaker 5: Okay, so go check your eyes up on the world Play's r right showpage where your podcast as well. So a lot of people might say, like, passive Baby's trending, not me, but a lot of people might say that, But Jimmy Butler is trending the Warriors. Jimmy Butler is getting an MRI today after suffering a pelvis contusion in Game two against the Rockets last night. They were calling I'm and Thompson dirty, but Draymond Green threw him into Jimmy Butler which caused the injury.
Speaker 3: So really it was his own teammate spot to being jackass. Chili has left Onyx with a pelvis contusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Had many pelvic contusions. He broke both pelvis's head. Heartbreakers once uh.
Speaker 5: Sixtagram Thursday continues to trend with Ali Lynn as our feature of the day. Submitted by an anonymous listener, she is available at the Welfam's Ride Rane showpage at buzz dot.
Speaker 2: Com, and then Nintendo Switch to is trending.
Speaker 5: A lot of websites are experiencing issues Walmart, Game Stop and Best Buy specifically because we are trying to get the pre orders of the new Nintendo Switch.
Speaker 2: It's coming out. That's why I saw that trending.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's a training on night by the buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, mikey P. Welcome to the studio, or I should say, welcome back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen years ago, yep, I didn't even think you had a whisker on your lip yet. I might have this little bit. I don't think you had any hair on your little fresh face. Maybe you were in this studio seventeen years ago. Yep, I had a big time celebrity in the studio.
Speaker 17: Yeah, good morning, everybody. This is John Cena from the WWEE. You can't see me, you can hear me because this is radio and you are listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: The buzz I gave you an opportunity to meet John Cena, you and three other listeners, yep, and we had a little contest, and there was a smack talking contest and the winner was probably gonna get wrestling tickets or something. Yeah, tickets to WrestleMania twenty five. You stepped up to the microphone for your smack talk.
Speaker 7: I was the last one to go.
Speaker 2: You heard the two previous contestants. You knew what you needed to do to win those WrestleMania tickets. You walked up to the mic in front of John Cena. Now Chili Chilie, John Cena, Stena where you are. Mikey Piece right where he is in the other studio. You walked up to the mic and you said, what I just started talking to it. Dan totally choked out Bent Farden. He choked himself out in front of John Cena. It happens.
Speaker 18: If I would have known this story before yesterday.
Speaker 2: I didn't want it next No, no, no. I When you said Mikey p was coming in, I'm like, I know this guy. I know this guy because every time we see each other, it's kind of like we give each other that wink, like you remember me. I'm like, dude, I will never forget you. In front of John Cena, and I'm sure most of Houston will never forget that either. All right, now, listen, we have even a bigger star, Alex P. What if you what did you lose it again? What if you lose it? I'm leaving Houston. I won't let you.
Speaker 9: Well, he leaves Silly, so he's already.
Speaker 2: To let you go back to s Right, dude, welcome back into the studio. It's a new you. Birthday you yeah, birthday too. You're forty years old.
Speaker 9: You can't choke on your birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was seventeen years ago. The guy's balls hadn't dropped.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like everything's pretty much stacked against me for today's game, mikey P against Alex P.
Speaker 3: Read my lips after this.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 3: Buzz here we.
Speaker 2: Go ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show almost jumped in there too soon. I was excited. I saw I was taking a look during the during the song three Days Greace just like You. Sixty seconds ago, I pulled up Throwback Thursday, and I was excited. Theory of a dead Man was in the lead. Well, I made the mistake of refreshing and now fat boy Slim is back in the lead. What do you guys doing to me? Man, don't play with my emotions like this or trace going fat boy Slim forty percent of the vote. Theory of a Dead Man thirty eight point nine percent of the vote. Okay, Dexter Freebish way back back in third place.
Speaker 9: That's the one I want to hear. The Texas band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well, I know you're like that, so it's a good song too. I mean it was the Summer Jam of two thousand, I think you know. So make sure you go and check that out. Get your votes in on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. I think I'm just excited to play this game because I think Mikey P learned his lesson. Mikey P. Welcome back, Thank you you just piling on seventeen years ago. This guy came to me in the studio playing a little game. Thank you for all the years. Bro, Hey, not a problem. I appreciate it. I appreciate it. But we had you in here and it was just it wasn't your day that day. John Cena was in the room, and I feel like a win today we might be able to clean your slate.
Speaker 9: Butt's hope.
Speaker 2: You know, like Jelly roll, let's just clean your slaves, clean it right. We'll give you a pardon. I'll get I'll grant you a pardon on the WrestleMania game that we played.
Speaker 7: Sounds good.
Speaker 5: Okay, dude, I'll let you travel internationally better, not.
Speaker 2: That it matters. Alice Cooper, Judas Priest Corrosion of Conformity tickets on the chopping Block for October twenty six, Woodlands Pavilion, Mikey p Happy birthday.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Who's watching and listening today?
Speaker 7: Everybody? My mom, my dad's listening.
Speaker 19: Yeah, my sister good, My wife's best friend up in Hawkins is watching and listening.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Everybody in my office is watching. Okay, now you're making me nervous. Dude. Stop now you're making me nervous. I might choke. And of course the most important people the Gravy Gang.
Speaker 3: Gravy Gang listening. But who are they rooting for.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. They're leader, They're rooting for fun. Okay, you want to go first or second? I'm going first. Why I gotta set that bar high? Okay, dude, get your help him about chili. Help him out, Chili, get him that ridiculous song so that he cannot hear Let's see. Okay, I'm in b here we go. All right, it's Mikey p over there. Three words. Uh huh. I'm very nervous this game. Who are your little lady? Let's rooting for They're gonna root for him. I mean it's his birthday. He's got everything going for him right now. Okay, all right, Chilli, you're time keeping, yes, sir? All right? Did I tell you about this guy choking in front of John Cena? Broa was so nervous. He just walked up to the mic. He's right in front of me, but he can't hear me. Got up to that mic and he just he couldn't get anything. He's just like you saw John Cena.
Speaker 9: You know, you just you're just hoping he chokes today, you know.
Speaker 2: No, No, I want Roosh, remember, I want him to succeed. Thumbs up. Let's go twenty seconds on the clock. This guy's ready. Drew sent this one in. We go.
Speaker 15: Pope Hog, Pope Hot, Pope, Pope Hog Haunt, Pope Pope Hog, Pope Pope something Pope.
Speaker 2: Pope Hog Hog.
Speaker 15: I'm saying Pope Hot Pope, Pope hog, Pope, Pope hog time.
Speaker 9: I thought I thought he had it the first night. Yeah, so close, so close, so close.
Speaker 2: Now listen, no disrespect to the Pope. We're not talking about that kind of hog he was given. He was given a Harley Davidson. Yeah, he's the only pope that, to our knowledge, that hope hog.
Speaker 3: That's your fault. If he thought it was dirty, he's our.
Speaker 2: Only I think he's the only pope that ever had a Harley.
Speaker 9: We'll admitted that.
Speaker 2: And he was a bouncer like Chili.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we sticked together, Chili.
Speaker 3: In the pup, basically a pope.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, here we go, popa chili.
Speaker 2: Megan sent this word in twenty seconds on the clock Rock. He hung in there, though he didn't show.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, he was very very close.
Speaker 2: He was hanging Get John Cena on the hotline. No, all right, here we go, thumbs up, good.
Speaker 19: Visit with us, hair clothes, fish hooker, fish hooker, Yeah yeah, baby, yeah nice.
Speaker 2: It was fish sugar. Nice which just happened?
Speaker 3: I don't know, fish cooker. Noice, way to go, Noice.
Speaker 9: He's got the studio.
Speaker 2: Going crazy for right, yeah, did you guys hear that? I did hear?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was it might have been.
Speaker 2: Okay, next word, Okay, he's got one, you got one. One more, Chris d Oh, Chris d said this one. I'm thank you. Chris.
Speaker 3: Twenty seconds on the clock, Ready, thumbs up, good go.
Speaker 8: Chili Burrito, Chili motorcycle, Chili Chili Brito, Chili boat, sank, Chili Chili Barrito, Chili Chili motor boat, Chili Barrito, More time, Chili Chili burrito, Chili Brie.
Speaker 2: Though you're so close close, set your nickname and call and high school high school? Yeah, Chili right, Barrito, Barrito. They called him the burrito.
Speaker 7: That's right, Chili bico. Dude.
Speaker 2: I had an email from somebody that went to high school with you. He said he didn't know your name in high school. I'll find it, he said. He said, everybody called you burrito. Yeah, that's everybody knawed me as burrito, Barrito. He still he doesn't, He still doesn't know your name. He goes, I just he goes, I know, Chili's a radio name. He goes, I don't know that guy's name. I went to high school with him.
Speaker 3: Is your wife the only person that calls you by your actual name.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think she just calls me whatever, whatever it comes to.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm talking to miss Christina. She's talking about Jose and I'm like, I don't know what she's talking about.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there's a guy that works at I Love Street that carbop and he went to Stratford also, and he was like, yeah, I went to Stratford two.
Speaker 9: And I was like, yeah, I went there.
Speaker 7: And he's like what year?
Speaker 18: And I told him and he was like I was like burrito, Oh yeah that was.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that bro.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Alex. Mikey P got one, one to tie, two to win.
Speaker 9: But he was he was close to it.
Speaker 6: On all of them.
Speaker 2: He was very you were very close on all of them.
Speaker 9: It's not like he was four like I'm sometimes. He was very close to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was not ham Titio. No, No, he was very close. Okay, Mikey P. How do you feel feel confident? One?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 6: You're in it? You're in You're in it.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're in it, dude, he could choke you took some chops. I like it. All right, here we go, twenty seconds on the clock. Please, same thing for Alex twenty seconds on the clock. Nurse D sent this word.
Speaker 9: In that's trouble thumbs up?
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 2: Runny eggs, running egg? Yeah, runny eggs, runny eggs, running eggs. Mikey P. He's not taking it easy on you at all.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't expect him to.
Speaker 2: He's not taking it runny eggs, running egg Mikey P. How many chuggas before I choot choo? Four? Four? Easy? Four?
Speaker 9: Anybody that doesn't agree with ross chuggers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Six?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You got three wrong? And mean talking about how Todd sent this. James centers in, James centers in thumbs up, thumbs out. I'm gonna roll my eyes, rubber Boy, I'm sorry, Mikey P.
Speaker 4: I don't like it, all right, I don't like it, rubber Boy.
Speaker 9: Are you stretch arms?
Speaker 2: One of my least favorites stories in the history of the Rod Ryan Show. Rubber Boy not a fan, Mikey P. I'm gonna forgive you. Yeah, it would be playing a game, because I think you did that good today. Alice was just not a bit of a heater. But we're gonna forget about I'm never gonna forget about the John Cena story. I'm never gonna forget about it, but I think you came in in a little redemption today. I think, so way to go, Mikey Pan. You Oh, I never got anybody on the phone, so you're right. I never got Mikey P. You know how confident I was in you. I didn't even go to the phones to give away the tickets to someone else. A kicker if my dad was the on the over line Good Morning rod Ryan show, Who's this good Morning?
Speaker 8: Does work?
Speaker 6: Regardless?
Speaker 5: And for the Chuggers, Oh.
Speaker 2: You're calling for the Chuggers. How many chugg is before I shoot?
Speaker 11: You got eight?
Speaker 2: That's the correct answer. And guess what, dude, chug a chugg It chugg It Jugger chugg It Chugger chugged chugg a choo too many. Not only are you correct on that, but I'm going to give you Alice Cooper Judas Priest tickets because Mikey P did not get the wins today. Do you want those tickets? Chug a Chugga Choo choo get here? All right? Well it all worked out, Mikey P. I thought you did a fantastic job too. Shout out with me shout out to all of mikey Pea's family and gravy gangers that are listening, and yes, happy birthday to you, Thank you, sir, thank you Alex. It's his birthday.
Speaker 7: What's with you.
Speaker 6: People like you? Dude?
Speaker 2: It's his birthday?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here'ster Vana and in Bloom ninety four, five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod, Ryan Show. All right, great job, mikey P. Happy birthday. But Alex P was not coming off the gas pedal this month.
Speaker 1: I was try.
Speaker 6: I mean, I want him to win.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna, I'm saying to throw it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Kind of reminds me of a fresh out of bed head to head game this morning. Yeah, just like me and Jerry Jerry Lester beat up on a ninth grade girl on fresh out of bed head to head. Two questions, two answers, John Lura, I might be saying your name wrong.
Speaker 3: Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 2: This is John l I'm the one that sent you the email about Chili and the nickname. I knew him as Burrita in high school. That's it. I just never knew his real name. I knew I went to school with this guy. Named Chili on the radio. Knew that was a radio name, but I'm the one that sent you the email. Longtime listener, iHeartRadio since ninety six, listening to you on the app in San Antonio, Texas. Went to high school with Chili ninety six to two thousand. There you go. Just found out that the guy's name is Jose. I imagine most of you are finding out the dude's name is Jose right now.
Speaker 5: A lot of people Jose love Houston.
Speaker 3: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: World the Buzz come on ninety four to five, The bough Us, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's greating Benjamin twenty percent chance of rain, Brotny cloudy Skies highs up around eighty four. Alternative income, chance to win one thousand dollars our national contest, keywords, all that fun stuff coming up at around nine ten will leave you.
Speaker 3: We'll leave you today with John Mulaney tickets.
Speaker 2: He's going to be performing at the Smart Financial Center at sugar Land. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at Tennay. We love giving away tickets before they go on sale. Here Alex, one final time, if I can get you to give us A.
Speaker 3: Houston's headlines, Please you sure can.
Speaker 2: Good morning, anyone.
Speaker 5: A fast moving wildfire in Ocean County, New Jersey has burned over thirteen thousand acres, making it one of the state's largest in nearly twenty years. The blaze, known as the Jones Road wildfire, began on Tuesday in the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area and quickly spread due to dry conditions and strong winds. Approximately five thousand residents were evacuated from the Lacey and Ocean townships, but the evacuation orders were lifted later in the day. The fire threatened around thirteen hundred structures and led to the temporary closure of a seventeen mile stretch of the Garden State Parkway.
Speaker 2: Vice President JD.
Speaker 5: Vans issued a warning yesterday that the United States will withdraw from peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine unless both nations agreed to a cease fire soon. Speaking from India, Vans emphasized that the US has presented a clear proposal and expects a prompt response. That plan involves freezing territorial territorial lines near their current positions, requiring both Ukraine and Russia to relinquish some control over the contested areas. President Donald Trump echoed this frustration on social media, criticizing Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky for refusing to acknowledge Russia's occupation of Crimea. Critics are blasting the deal as rewarding Russia for the invasion of Ukraine. Today is bring your child to workday. I don't see anyone with their child at work so far. Well, a lot of people walk around without a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh, is there are the people here? Yeah, salespeople are here. Oh, I saw none of them with kids. I'm so busy in here.
Speaker 3: Kids are in school, So I guess you had to take your kid house school.
Speaker 2: Do you get a day off of school, like a free pass to go to your parents' work? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a new parent, so I do not know if that works.
Speaker 2: Comparents did not do that.
Speaker 5: So every fourth Thursday in April, kids get a front row seat to the grown up grind thanks to this day. Contrary to what your boss might say, it's not a loophole in childlighborhood law, in child labor laws. It's actually something that was started in nineteen ninety two by feminist icon Gloria steinem to empower young girls with real world role models. By two thousand and three, boys joined in on the fun, and today the event spans to nearly one hundred countries with over thirty seven million people taking part in it. This year's theme is for a new generation, and it's aimed at inspiring the next wave of dream chasers, one office tour at a time.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone that brought their kid to work today? Snap a little photograph? Yeah, send it into us. If anybody's recognizing this day, I'm sorry. We gave you no warning. We're just telling you it's until today.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I saw it as I was prepping the show. I saw, Oh damn, it's today. It's nice to give you guys, maybe a heads up a day or two ahead of time. I just I don't remember. This day is not marked in my calendar for some reason. The Great American Smokeout, I'm all over it. Yeah, you do remember that this time, this one, it's kind of snuck up on me.
Speaker 5: A trailer for the upcoming HBO documentary Pee Wee Ads himself just dropped in. The documentary features the late actor Paul Rubins in forty hours of interviews prior to his twenty twenty three death. It also features interviews with the Playhouse vets like Laurence Fishburne, Natasha Leone and Lynn Stewart, Plash directors Tim Burton, Jet Apatow, and actor David Arquette. The two part documentary is going to premiere May twenty third on HBO.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy so many different generations, pee wee Herman, Right, Yeah, I think like people are gonna want to watch this.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love documentaries number one, but pee wee, it's just I want to know more about him. Sure, yeah, well may nim be that guy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where did it come from?
Speaker 5: How did you get that way? I like, I was a man on the moon that was about Jim Carrey.
Speaker 2: Did it for from Taxi?
Speaker 5: And yeah, I up, I messed it up, But that was great because I wanted to. I was like, I want to know. I want to know about this dude. This is interesting. He was kind of a weird I was an alt comedy guy. And then they did the documentary behind the movie where they're like, Jim Carrey was one hundred percent in character, and like, I thought he played that character so well. I wanted to know how he did that. But Peewee Herman just being a character that he put together himself was pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Andy Kauf, Andy Kaufman, how did I know that? That's on me? That's on me?
Speaker 3: I actually he even brought it up, Andy Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, I haven't watched the trailer yet. I'm really looking forward to it. He filmed a ton of stuff, remember forty Yeah, but he passed away. He didn't tell us he was sick, nor did he have to. Yeah, he didn't have to. Celebrities, I don't have nobody's got to tell anybody that they're sick. But he knew, so he recorded a bunch of stuff. That's what's gonna be interesting to me. Yeah, you know he's aware of it. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Riot Fest is celebrating its twentieth anniversary with a massive lineup in Chicago's Douglas Park from September nineteenth through the twenty first. Headliners include Blink on two on Friday, Weezer and Jack White on Saturday, and Green Day closing out the festival on Sunday. The three day event is going to feature ninety acts spanning punk, alternative, emo, and indie rock Rod and Eye. I think this is maybe the most perfect lineup of all of them this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the best. If you're gonna go to one, travel to some festival. This is in September, but it's the best festival in the country probably. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna have some of the other notable performers like Sex Pills, The Beach Boys, Weird Al Yankovic, The Pogues, Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, All Time Low, and the Dropkick Murphy's that's insanity. Yeah, it's just I mean, if you're if you're a fan of any of this, like, you have to be happy with what you see.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm upset that I can't.
Speaker 1: Go to that.
Speaker 3: Chicago is so lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chicago is very long, hard. They get everything being right in your backyard. I'd be so cool fair.
Speaker 5: The three day general admission tickets start at two hundred and ninety nine dollars, with a VIP packages also available.
Speaker 3: Those are EU Stonce headline.
Speaker 2: But I talked to you off of that sticker shock when you said it on the air, you went one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Go on, you went three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: For tickets. I said, that's three days, dude, just to the Coachella method and finance it like most people. Right, sixty percent of people that went to Coachella went on the finance plan society raised on credit. That's crazy to me. Yeah, this is a great lineup. Go check it out on the music blog page. Yeah, all right, Rockets get it done.
Speaker 5: Last year, Rockets evened up their series with the Words in a game of piece. They beat them one oh nine to ninety four. It should have been not even that close. The referees did all they could to give Golden State a chance, and that Jalen Green had thirty eight points to lead all players on the night in score. Golden State's Raymond Green, who is a bitch and was throwing hands and complaining of the reps all night long, had five turnovers and two made baskets.
Speaker 2: So maybe bleeding.
Speaker 3: More like Jalen Gray moundy, maybe it'll work out for you.
Speaker 5: They're now gonna have a couple of days off before playing Game three on Saturday night in San Francisco. Tonight in the NBA, we got pissons playing the Knicks. The thunder taken on the Grizzlies and the Clippers hosting the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: In baseball.
Speaker 2: O, somebody's getting hot, Get the broom.
Speaker 5: Astros got another one last night to beat the Blue Jays three to one to complete their first series sweep of the season. They've now won three in a row, which is their longest winning streak of the season, as well thirteen eleven, thirteen and eleven on the season, and they're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the Royals tomorrow night in KC. In football, the NFL Draft starts tonight in Green Bay. The Titans are expected to take Miami quarterback cam Ward with the first overall pick. The first three picks will most likely be cam Ward, Colorado's Travis Hunter and Abdul Carter from Penn State. Texans had a twenty fifth overall pick. Expect them to take an offensive lineman in the first draft is gonna start at seven and you can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network.
Speaker 3: That what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz some Mandatory Metallica. It's been a minute that song's got obviously two great opportunities to make Radio Wizard mad. We took advantage of both of them, wouldn't sh That's why he doesn't give us that song, because he doesn't want me to do it. It was probably an accident. We used to play that song on the rig and then I started putting drops in there. I think that started the whole drop thing. And then and he's like, Okay, you obviously can't handle that song. Yes we can, So the toys were the toys were taken away. That's what happened, So I think maybe he forgot loved it sounded great. Thank you guys, Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I got my mind right right there. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs of eighty four and that song particularly. I mean, there's many days that I think of our dear friend Dinah, but listening to that song and James singing and Dinah doing her You're her. That was one of my favorite things that Dinah did on the show. She wasn't the biggest Metallica fan, but she did the best James ever. It was so funny. She was able to pull that off, and I heard all of her other impressions were kind of just that. All her other everything else was Michael McDonald, Michael McDonald, everything else was Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers. But that when she she pretty much nailed. And I heard it several times in that song, and I started to giggle a little bit. Thinking of Dinah was always a good thing. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you guys for getting involved with us taking our silly poll question on the X at Rod Ryan's show, how many chugg has come before a chew chew? Most of you are in a rush chugga chug chew chew. Thirty percent of our audience says two, Oh, I'm sorry. Thirty five percent say four, thirty percent say two, twenty percent me eight or more. Fourteen percent say six. All right, very good. That's the silly stuff. What about what song is gonna be played at nine thirty today, Dude, twenty one hundred and sixty six votes. When we get over two thousand votes, we know we got something good. Yeah, we know we got something good. Work and we got a little we got a little competition brewing here. That's nice. Uh sorry, Dexter Freebish leaving town just in the dust. The competition is between Theory of a dead Man and Fat Boy Slim. Theory Santa Monica in the lead with forty five percent of the vote, Fat Boy Slim Rockefeller Skank forty one percent of the vote. Still within striking distance. Anything can happen. Winning song will be played today at nine thirty. All right, he's what else? Man, Let's just get into the alternative income. I told you it was going to be closer to ten after, so it's eleven after your chance at one thousand dollars. Man, get involved, keep getting involved. Good luck rock and alternative fair.
Speaker 16: Use to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The buzz, come on, all right, back to me, Hi, good morning, there's Alex, there's chili. It's the Rod Ryan Show. Throwback Thursday. I'll check on the voting. See what's going on? Uh, John Mlaney, tickets is what's coming up on No the show. The winning Throwback Thursday song will have played at nine thirty number one link today fix the graand Thursday.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for AOL.
Speaker 20: Online Kid's alex Online ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Muzz All right, what you're doing today?
Speaker 5: All right, today you're gonna try and test out your nineties slang.
Speaker 2: It's could have brought your kid in for show until let's bring your kid to workday like your al just my kid.
Speaker 7: Yeah shoo.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she would have behaved all four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, I don't. I can't even bring my kid in for four hours. She wouldn't behave so.
Speaker 5: Rod home skill it What is the meaning of this nineties thing? Is it a close friend or buddy, a type of kitchen tool, a brand of pancake mix, or a favorite food.
Speaker 3: Oh, Chili's my home skill. It's your home skill.
Speaker 2: Chili's my home skillet. That is correct. That is correct, dude, I'm gonna kill it the nineties. Yeah, I nailed it. I mean, I'm the care of the nineties. But scrub a person.
Speaker 5: With no ambition, a type of soap, someone who works in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Or a beginner in video games.
Speaker 2: I'm a time forty scrubs no ambition, no, no scrubs. Yeah, TLC. Go check it out. Read about them, Go check it.
Speaker 5: Out and see how well you know the nineties, saying, I feel like a lot of people listening, we'll crush this. Go go let us know if you get one hundred percent at the one Famous rod Ryan Show page the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: First show on the ninety four or five Buzz bad Omens just pretend rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. I gotta give you a couple of minutes that we have lefts because it's that tight. Sometimes we get to this point we can just play the song. Four minutes could swing things. I'm not even gonna say what's in the lead. I'm just gonna say, if you haven't voted yet, if you haven't voted yet, get in there World Famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com, get your votes in. I will refresh right at nine thirty. I wanted to play you something just you can lay your ears on this. I know we don't play a lot of this.
Speaker 3: Band, but they're big. They're playing arenas.
Speaker 2: It's a Swedish I have a hard time calling them a metal band, but they do have some heavy things, but they also have some lighter sounding things. The band Ghost is one of these bands that Phyllis came to us years ago and there's this guy the Satan worshippers, and the guy's dressed as the Pope, and I want the new hope to be that. Yeah, so it's this Swedish I'll call them a rock band, and they got They're very theatrical. Most people consider them heavy metal. I would be more comfortable calling it now that they're as big as they are arena rock. Okay, that's I think is a pretty that I'm good with. But they've been around since two thousand and six. Got a They got an album coming out tomorrow. It's their sixth album. We gave away tickets before the ghost tickets went on sale. They're big enough to play the Toyota Center, Okay without a lot of radio airplight, all right. They released a new single yesterday. It's called Peacefield, and I saw people talking about it online. The whole song doesn't sound like Journey, but there's a part in the song that caught people's ears. And I want you to say, is this is this anything to ruffle your feathers about. I'm gonna play you a little bit of the song Journey. The Journey song is called Separate Works. You're gonna know it, Okay, you're gonna you're gonna recognize the song, and then I'm gonna go into the part of the ghost song that people are saying.
Speaker 21: Come on, it's a completely rip off of Journey.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody knows this song, right, shot.
Speaker 5: Shot, Yeah, yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you think you hear it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: It's a part of the song.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying they ripped them off, but it's like I think, I think like parallel thoughts happen at times, and like sometimes you're like this rock Oh, it's because it was a Journey song that I kind of put it like, I don't know, I feel like this music is it like like grow like you played in bands, Like did you have friends that would like check out this new riff I wrote you? Yeah, that's so and so and so and so that's your favorite band. You just are influenced by them a lot. You don't realize that, like you're so in. It's like when a comedian's coming up, they sound like their favorite comedians because they're trying to mimic their favorite comedians while they're finding out their own thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they haven't found their own thing, but.
Speaker 5: Like sometimes you just like check out this and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, crap, Yeah, you're right. I mean the guys in the Oasis were the best. They're like, what are you talking about? They didn't hear it, like they would just rip off the Beatles. Yeah, they were just like flat out ripped off the Beatles. I'm not saying it doesn't work and they're just.
Speaker 5: Soni's brothers did that to Rebel just for kicks. I can't remember that no now, but they did that. And then it was hey, mister postman was But this is it who Portugal the man ripped off?
Speaker 2: But we're not talking about him. This is nothing that we're gonna have to go to court over this. No, I don't think it's.
Speaker 5: That they're gonna get a writing credit a bet, but they have a writing credit?
Speaker 7: Who is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Who does to take me to church?
Speaker 7: Guy?
Speaker 2: Who's your? Yeah? What did he have to know? Who was it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: No, it was there was a recent one with it was Miley Cyrus and I don't have to buy me flowers? You know I can.
Speaker 3: I can buy myself flowers.
Speaker 2: She had to either pay out or add Bruno mars as a as a songwriter, so that was the most recent one. I don't think that this was them being like, dude, let's just put a Journey riff in there and do that.
Speaker 5: I think that sometimes parallel thought happens, and when that crosses that, there's got to be such a massive band that people are like, dude, what is that?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Play the gum and then we'll get into the throwback their stuff. I never got into Journey, but you can't deny they rock. Steve Perry's voice was just next level. I know Arnell's doing a great job, but nobody ever could do exactly what he did.
Speaker 11: Shot see.
Speaker 2: And you don't think it's it's similar. I don't think it's take you to court similar.
Speaker 5: I think it could be take me to take you to court similar.
Speaker 2: I think if.
Speaker 5: Journey wants to do that that I think they have a pretty solid case.
Speaker 2: It's it's done.
Speaker 5: Dundd ding ding dend minus dida ding ding ding di da ding ding.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: What's the voting doing right now? If you want to read more about this, I have the ghost Journey story on the music blog page. All right, refreshed, refresh, refresh, Here we go. Uh, come on, dexter freebish ten percent of the vote two thousand, nine hundred and eighty votes. We could be talking about record territory. Yeah, okay, uh ten point five percent of you dexter freebish forty two to forty seven, forty two percent, fat boy slim forty seven percent. Theory of a d that man Santa Monica.
Speaker 19: Way to go, mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is, here's your throwback Thursday Winter on ninety four five.
Speaker 6: Hit the bush.
Speaker 12: She falls my bed with gastly you think I'm on the nowadays, her mask made up.
Speaker 6: The love is gone.
Speaker 12: I think some was trying to show us his sign that even if we thought it would last, the moment went fast. My boss will breaking my horblem give Oh it hurts the last.
Speaker 11: I remember the day when you left the Santa Monica. You left me to remain with all your excuses for everything. And I remember the time when you left the Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: I remeamember the day. Tell me yourself.
Speaker 12: Her livery time, now her own I mention her mind's made of the girl's gone, and now I'm forced to see the thing come on my way.
Speaker 2: Oh I still live today.
Speaker 12: When she says, don't you wish you.
Speaker 6: Were dead like me?
Speaker 11: Because I remamember the day when.
Speaker 6: You left the Santa Monica Cos you left me, you know, remain with all your.
Speaker 12: Rescuses for everything.
Speaker 11: I remember the time when you left the Santa Monica comes. I'll remember the day.
Speaker 2: You told me you sober.
Speaker 12: All these malls and manes, I needed more than men.
Speaker 2: These are more than mess. But it just won't die, just won't go away. I needed more.
Speaker 11: Than the moning malls and they have no malls in there. But it host just.
Speaker 12: Remember day you left for Santa Monica. You want me to remain with all your excuses foreverything.
Speaker 11: Remember the time when you left it all behind. I remember the day you told me sober, remiss the day when you left the Santa Monica.
Speaker 12: Metal remain your excuse day forever.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 12: Remember the time when you left Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Remember the day you tell me so Over.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan Show mornings on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. It's Blinkwin eighty two and I miss you. Blinkwin eighty two are part of that big show going.
Speaker 6: Down in Chicago.
Speaker 3: You were talking about that best.
Speaker 2: We both agree that if you were going to maybe get a plane ticket and go to see some kind of a festival somewhere, skip the Coachella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Chicago, which is a great city.
Speaker 2: September is a beautiful time to be there if you can get the time off and if you can travel. This seems to be about the best lineup of all of the festivals like.
Speaker 3: Around the country. It's just three days.
Speaker 2: All three days are stacked with the huge names and it goes deep each day too. It's it's awesome. It's on the Muser Jack Lane on a Saturday, It's on the it's on the music blog page. I'll say this, if you've never been to Chicago, it's a great city. It is an awesome Oh, it's so much fun. It's such a great city. Twenty percent chances are in part the cloudy Hi eighty four today. Great voting, great job voting. Listen, all of the songs were great today. All three songs were great. And that's what got you guys to get in there and do some great voting too. Man, there's the high votes two hundred and fifty one votes on the X today. How many chuggas come before choot choo alex four four most popular answer. So that would be go ahead, do it, formul the maceie let me see it sounds natural.
Speaker 3: Chatgo chago chatgut chadgu cho choo.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's too soon. You're not showing. It's not enough, too too soon.
Speaker 3: Thirty three percent say four chuggas before.
Speaker 2: Choot choover the audience too such a rush. I'm the one that's always in a rush. And I'm I'm voting for the most chuggers. Fourteen pay six chug is I'm in it on eight or more chuggas. Eight is the minimum of so many.
Speaker 3: Chugger Listen to me, hear it out, Okay.
Speaker 2: Hug all day listen. It only take a money. Okay, it only take seconds. Here, chug it chug it, chug it, chug it, chug it, chugg it, chug it, chug it choo. Why you were chugging? Didn't that sound good?
Speaker 3: I left?
Speaker 5: I went down the hall, here we go, filled up my water bottle. I went, I took my car to go fill with gas. I filed my taxes for next year. Okay, since it's an Olympic year, and I came back and you were still chugging.
Speaker 2: You can't use my dumb, crappy bits against sometimes that happen. You can't. Sometimes I can't. All right, thank you for getting involved with us and getting on the X and being a little silly with us. The other thing that I wanted to mention because I'm about to talk about Shell Federal Credit Union. I told you guys the other day on the air, it's a done deal. We're locked into the suburb of Summer Sizzler. And then talk about things moving fast on Sinco de Mayo. Is that still May fifth. We're going to start Risk It for the Biscuit with the Texas Hammer and give you guys a chance to win cash every day on the show.
Speaker 4: Risk It for the Biscuit, All risk It is coming back and the Texas Hammers have ponied up the cash.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you guys a chance you can win up to one thousand dollars each day with us. This isn't National Contest Buco. This is right here. Yeah, this is US. So we're gonna start that on Sinco de Mayo. I just talked about it the other day too, like we need to bring that back and then that's how things move sometimes, man. So most things around here moved very slow. That one moved lightning greased lightning quick. All right.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Robert in Sales for getting that done.
Speaker 2: He's quick, he gets he's a maniac. All right. I got John mulaney tickets for you coming up on No the Show, Alex is gonna have a question for you on the flip of this break Houston's.
Speaker 16: Rock and Alternatives The Rock This Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 2: Or five Buzz ninety four, five The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan Show, Throwback Thursday. We're not done with you just yet, though. John mullaney announced that he's coming to Houston. Very funny guy, smart financial center at sugar Land. It's got a real famous wife too, Olivia Olivia Mont. Yeah, some big time actress, mama, yeah yeah, yeah, kids and all that stuff. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at ten a m. So if you want to go see funny man John Mulaney, you have to go through Alex on Know the Show. What's your question going to bell and keep it simple? Please?
Speaker 5: What was the winning word on the Read my Lips game today?
Speaker 2: I don't know that we needed to go back to that, but sure not though seven one, three, two two, The Show Rock ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz playing all the songs with the drops today, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, nine fifty five. We're not done yet, almost twenty percent chance of rain. I don't see anything above that today and tonight part of the Claudes Guys High today of around eighty four. Let's go if you's now time for on ninety four five. La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 9: La la la la lad.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is Marcus Bosque?
Speaker 20: Is Marcus Vasquez? Will Well, let's see if you know the show. Not a fan of the question, go ahead, Alex Marcus.
Speaker 3: What was the winning word on the Read my Lips game today?
Speaker 2: Rubber boy, rubber bull, rubber boy, Robert Boy. It was rubber boy? Whose right name was that?
Speaker 3: Oh it's your I.
Speaker 2: Got called it one time. You're Nicknam.
Speaker 3: You've been called it more than once since I've known you.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's necessary. I'm just saying I don't think it's necessary to get into it. I don't think it's necessary to play music about it. I don't think any of this is necessary. Okay, Okay, Marcus, congratulations, you got it right. You are the winner today. You know the winner today. I know the show.
Speaker 3: John Mulaney.
Speaker 2: Tickets on sale tomorrow at ten am. You're gonna go November eight to the Smart Financial Center at Sugarland. Dude, congratulations, appreciate it. Thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Marcus down.
Speaker 2: Just wipe that rubber boy thing out of your memory bank, okay, or don't got It's your choice, your life. T I rubber band. I know it doesn't. No, it's differently because he's run.
Speaker 3: Banks, got a lot money, wilder than a one man band.
Speaker 2: Somebody, not just anybody. But Tina Johnson said, I might have a better music festival for you guys. It's on the beach in New Jersey Saturday. And we were talking about this great festival in Chicago, riot Fest three days. Yeah, this is two days, but it's on the beach. Okay. Saturday is Hosier LCD sound System, Alabama Shakes, zz Top royal Otis Dala Soul, You Be Forty Trombone Shorty Now Sunday is Blink one eighty two, Lenny Kravitz, Sublime, Public Enemy, Spoon, Fantagram, four non Blondes. It's pretty good. It's pretty good lineup. I don't think it's a good as the Chicago line Yeah, I don't know if i'd swap.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: I want to see LCD sound systuntil that that Chicago. That Chicago lineup is stupid so strong. All right, thank you guys for joining us on Throwback Thursday. I appreciate you. Hello, Jerry beat up on a ninth grader to be done, I'm spitting facts right now. He did beat up a ninth grader on the show today, smoke. Okay, Yeah, it was the fresh out of bed head to head. He's gonna go for win number three tomorrow. He's a three time Hall of Famer. He said he'd do it again. Seemed like, don't get in his way tomorrow. I don't know where Chili he's gonna put those three eleven tickets, but it is three eleven with the meet and Greek passes, and you'll be the last person that's qualified to be upgraded.
Speaker 3: For the box seats.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's tomorrow. On the show at some point. You know we're giving away free beer. There's something chili? Do you have it in front of you? Is there something coming with the with each case of beer. I don't want to misspeak because there's a couple of things that have been Yeah, people have approached me on a couple of things.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I said, yes too.
Speaker 18: So every beer winner will get a pair of VIP passes to the Asian Rituals Cajun Crawfish Cookoff Saturday, April to twenty six, one pair of the one pair of VFP passes, a.
Speaker 2: Pair of VIP passes on a hundred fifty bucks a piece or something like that. Yeah, one twenty five so yeah, all right, so it's a huge free beer Friday tomorrow. Open phones the last hour, guys, we'll close out the weekend style. We're twenty hours away. Yeah.
Speaker 5: New episode of Passed the Gravy out right now. Go check it out wherever your podcast. We're on YouTube. Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 2: He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Are we gonna end this show on time?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: Hey, m f MA, Well wasn't that fun.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.