Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. You're home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward. On your way in. Please let that subscribe button as well as the thumbsup button and leave a comment. Blow If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review. Folks. I've been getting a lot of comments about ads on Spotify, and I apologize about that. I have the auto ad insertion setups. I think it may have been a bit aggressive, so I'm looking to fix that, so please bear with me, folks. I've got a lot of big news to share with you, guys, all important, so watch and listen to the end. First up, DBS Franklin, Templeton, and Ripple team up to launch tokenized lending. This is huge news for the XRP Ledger. So DBS, Franklin, Templeton, and Ripple have joined forces to roll out tokenized trading and lending services for institutional investors, built on the XRP Ledger and powered by tokenized money market funds and stable coins. This is huge, folks. The fudsters, the people who are saying no one will use the XRP ledger. It's all a scam. You got some of the biggest institutions now building on the XRP ledger. This is why we don't get emotional. We don't listen to a fud. We look at facts, right. We want to be educated. So be careful with where you get your information from because I'm giving you, guys the facts here that's being reported and this is huge news. So the TRIO signed a memorandum of understanding to help investors better manage market volatility by offering a way to shift funds between stable coins and yield generating assets. According to a Thursday announcement, here's a quote. Digital asset investors need solutions that can meet the unique demands of a borderless twenty four to seven asset class, said Lim wee Keon, CEO of DBS Digital Exchange. This partnership demonstrates how token I securities can play that role while injecting greater efficiency and liquidity in global markets. Key And said, so, folks, huge adoption news here for the XRP ledger. All of this will help drive the price of XRP higher. And I've been telling you guys, the charts look very bullish for XRP. That's why you see a lot of Bitcoin Maxi's going after Ripple and XRP this cycle. They're scared because you've got the xrp's body TF coming around, you got adoption of the XRP ledger, the sec lawsuit is over, and you know, years ago people would say, see no one's building on the XRP ledger. Yeah, no kidding, because there was a lawsuit around the company, so no one wanted to take that risk. But if I show you the data on RWA dot xyz, you can go pull this up. This website tracks the tokenization and building on blockchains. It gives you the stats. You look at what has taken place this year for Ripple, and there has been a surge of building. The data doesn't lie. So we are seeing some really big things launching on the XRP ledger by major institutions. And look at the names once again, DBS and Franklin Templeton. Those are not crypto native small company startups. Those are legacy tradi fi institutions. So, folks, very bullish news for XRP. Now let's move ahead. Grayscale prepares to steak Ether holdings amid shifting SEC stands. This is according to Arkham, we're seeing Grayscale shifting about forty thousand eighth and it could signify that Staking is going to get approven e theorem ETFs very soon. I think we know it's a matter of when, not if. The SEC is completely done a one point eighty and we are seeing that multiple all coin ETFs are going to be approved, and a big one is going to be staking in etherorem ETFs. So the on chain data from Arkham Intelligence showed gray Scale transferred more than forty thousand ether on Thursday, activity consistent with positioning for staking rewards. Arkham noted that if confirmed, Grayscale could be the first US E theorem ETF sponsored to steak its holdings. Now tomorrow I will actually be interviewing one of the folks from Grayscale, and I've had them on the podcast, so I'm going to ask them about this and all the details, and that interview should be published next week. I'm also going to talk about the SEC approving the gray Scale crypto large cap fund and that includes XRP, Cardono and much more. So I'll get you guys all the details. So This is very big folks, and I think with Staking getting approven etheremytaps, the inflowser are going to surge into Ethereum. Moving ahead, we got some news here to potentially meta mask, which we know was built by Consensus, which is part of the Etherorem ecosystem. Joe Lubin, one of the founders of Etherorem, has confirmed a meta mask token is coming very soon. So this is interesting and we'll see what type of token they do come out with. But I think a lot of folks are going to launch tokens now that we have clarity so to speak, from the SEC and not everything is going to be considered a security Obviously, there's going to have to be reporting to the SEC and certain determinations are going to have to be made. But clearly folks are looking to launch token, so this is very interesting. We got some updates around swee. Many of you know I hold sweem my portfolio. I believe it's a project that's going to do very well as bullmarket cycle. It's already been doing well well. They are a launch partner for Google's new Agentic payments protocol, so great adoption news here to have Google build on your blockchain. And you know we saw just recently Google also partner with coinbase to do this on base, which is the ethereum layer to controlled by Coinbase. Now, I'll be interviewing someone from Suite the Sweet Foundation specifically tomorrow as well, so I'll be publishing that interview for you guys next week. So I'm gonna bring you all the details. Big things happening in the market, folks. We're still in a bullmarket, so I hope you are as excited as I am. Now, quick word from our sponsor, and that is Treasure. Treasure makes it easy for you to self custody your crypto assets. I'm a big believer in self custody. It's the safest way to store your assets because you control your private keys. And I'm a user of the Treasure say five. It's a beautiful device, easy to use and Treasure they were the pioneers of crypto hardware walls. They started this whole thing in twenty thirteen building a hardware wallet, setting up the seed phrase setup. And they support a variety of tokens folks. They support Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Solana, and much more, even new tokens and They have a great software called Treasure Suite, which allows you to easily manage all of this on the device, and they have a handholding service. If you're new to all of this, you can speak to a Treasure rep who can walk you through the process and don't worry, they're not asking for your private keys or anything like that, but they're there to hold your hand and answer any questions you have. So that's a great, great customer service feature that many crypto companies don't offer. So once again, I'm a user, And folks, if you use the code thinking Crypto all one word thinking Crypto, you can get five percent off a purchase of a device from Treasure. So if you'd like to learn more, check out the link in the description. Now, folks, we thought we were rid of Gary Genzer, but he's back. He crawled out from under his rock to go on CNBC today and spread a lot of his BS lies and fun about crypto. And it's the same BS talking points, but this time around it was very interesting. The hosts and on CNBC were roasting him. They were actually like making fun of him. So first, let me play a short clip here of some of the nonsense he had to say.
Speaker 2: So when I look at the field, the trades mostly on s on momentum, mostly on frankly hype.
Speaker 3: For investors, do you think this is dangerous what they're doing?
Speaker 2: I think that for investors, every day investors, the five to ten percent of Americans who invest in crypto, and it's hard to get the real you know, but that it's a highly speculative, very risky asset. And then most of these tokens, put aside bitcoin to the other tokens, are not tied to any fundamentals. And there's five or ten thousand of these tokens. So usually over time you find new equilibriums. Like Warren Buffett would say, what you know, what are the goods, what are the revenues? What are they selling?
Speaker 3: And so they are reversing a lot of what you did, and how are you feeling about what they're doing now?
Speaker 2: So I'm very proud of what we accomplished.
Speaker 3: And the crypto community is ecstatic not to have you there anymore, and to have him to have him there. Looking back on it, I mean, do you think that was the right call?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think because look now we have this like burgeoning industry and there's so much more innovation and leadership in the US and a lot more.
Speaker 1: Capital coming into it.
Speaker 2: There may be more capital in terms of the interest in the public. The public is interested, I get that, But for investors.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is dangerous what they're doing?
Speaker 2: Put a side bitcoing, but most of the other tokens are not tied to any fundamentals. Like Warren Buffett would say, what you know, what are the goods, what are the revenues? What are they selling? And so forth?
Speaker 1: Did you catch what he said there at the end, like trying to take use born Buffet and talking about traditional business model. What are they selling? Was their revenue? Like, bro, that's not what's happening here. Blockchain networks are very different, and yes there's a component of revenue and fees and so forth, but you can't compare it apples to apples to Amazon, which is, you know, a retailer selling products. So he's using the old tricks he was doing in the back in the day right to refool the public, saying you don't worry about these things, man, you want to invest in real companies that are selling products and generating revenue. Like there's a paradigm shift happening. He knows this, folks. Remember he was teaching these things at MIT, but all of a sudden he went against crypto. But let me give you some insights from folks I've and talking to in DC about what's happening here. So yesterday I told you guys about Summer Mersinger, who I actually interviewed today and that interview will be published next week. CEO of the Blockchain Association. She put out a op end and coin get talking about the banks are trying to change the language in the stable coin bill, even though they reviewed it before it was passed into law. What's happening here? Buyer's remorse right, The banks are panicking again. They're trying to slow us all down. And of course they have their puppets, Garretgainser, the same guy that was working for them over the past four years with Elizabeth Warren. Right, how many times have I told you, guys, I've heard it from people in DC. The banking lobby weaponized against her and Elizabeth Warren and Sharad Brown to attack crypto companies. That's why I've been saying, why would a old grandma like Elizabeth Warren be be so crazy about crypto. The country has bigger issues, but she was so focused on that. She's getting that banking lobby money. That's what's going on, and against their is also part of that. So that's why you see Ganser all of a sudden pop out of nowhere. Isn't it funny?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Is it a coincidence? The timing of this. The banks are trying to change the language and the stable point bill, and then Ganser pops up, and you know Elizabeth Warren is right behind, right, that train is never late. You know she's gonna come out with some sort of fud. So watch out, We're gonna have to fight again. Two people have spoken to this week who are doing advocacy in DC said the banks are coming back again trying to fight. So it was weaponize Elizabeth Warren, Gary Genser, go attack the crypto startups, Operation choke point two point zero, cut off banking. We know a lot of that has ended, but they're not going down with a fight.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know somebody you're gonna say, Tony, but we've seen so many news items of banks adopting crypto, and I tweeted out about it. I said they are at a disadvantage, right, now because with the Genius Act in place, the favorable crypto environment, crypto companies are moving much faster, launching products, further iteration, bringing more services to the public. The banks are still waiting on the clarityac They can't they're doing trial and error testing, but they can't launch something into production yet, they can't release it to the public. Right, So that's why all of a sudden, hey, slow it down again, right, we need to catch up, because we've heard these banks want to launch crypto trading. They want to they're tokenizing, they want to launch their own stable points. So of course they're trying to change the stable coin bill, right, how dare you go to an exchange platform and earn higher yield and APR than what you get in our checking and savings accounts? And of course, like I said, they got their scumbag puppet Gary Ginser used to be scumbag regulator. Now I'm going to call them scumbag puppet Gary Ginser and Elizabeth warrened to follow. They're going to go on the attack again. So watch out, folks. But they've already lost. They've already lost. Crypto is here to stay. The training is up, the station the genies out the bottle. So the crypto is a four now and all the banks are starting to bend the need from an adoption standpoint, But that doesn't mean they're not going to fight politically to make sure they can capture the market and kick out the crypto startups. So we'll have to watch as closely, all right, Moving ahead, PayPal expands p y us the stable coin, to tron Avalanche and six other chains, So clearly competition's heating up here, guys, game theory, no one wants to get left behind. So PayPal, of course has one of the largest stable coins out there. They have a huge network with Venmo, so of course they're trying to expand their stable coins to other blockchains that have interoperability to get more adoption. They're trying to go after Circle, they're trying to go after Ripple, they're trying to go after a tether of course. Rights it's game on and the race is heating up. So the blockchains they're expanding to includes tron Avalanche, app Doose, Abstract, Inc, Say, and Stable And they said while existing permissionless versions on bear a chain never heard of that, and Flow will upgrade to py USDO. A separate announcement on Thursday has revealed that PYUSD has expanded to Stellar. So big move by PayPal here and they got the brand and their stable coin is issued by PACSOS and it's been doing well. So guys, it's amazing to see what's happening here, all right, Look at this London Stock Exchange lists new Bitcoin staking etp. SO stock exchanges, credit card companies, payment companies, banks all launching products and they're doing it globally. It's not in one region or one country. So Defied technology subsidiary Valor has introduced a bitcoin staking exchange traded product on the London Stock Exchange, providing investors with crypto yield opportunities as the UK moves towards easing restrictions on digital assets. According to a Thursday announcement, the Bitcoin staking ETP has a one point four percent annual yield and is backed by bitcoin held in cold star orige with security coming from multi party computation technology. Very very bullish, guys. And remember it starts a bitcoin and then it will go to all coins. Right, so we've seen this time and time again, so expect eventually eth XRP Solana and much more. Now New Bank plans stable coin integration for credit card transactions. I laugh because it's like, oh my gosh, we were talking about these things for years back in twenty eighteen, that all of these firms would eventually bend the knee because this technology is the future. And you just see from across the globe all these countries coming in. A New Bank. By the way, they're one of those neo banks. And actually Warren Buffett's firm is invested in it, so he's invested indirectly in crypto, and you know, and it's just a sliver here with New Bank, but nevertheless still exposure. New Bank, Latin America's largest digital bank, is reportedly planning to inter grade dollar pegs, stable coins, and credit cards for payments. The move was disclosed by the bank's vice chairman and former governor of Brazil Central Bank, Roberto compost Nito. Speaking at the Meridian twenty twenty five event on Wednesday, he highlighted the importance of blockchain technology in connecting digital assets with the traditional banking system. Let me repeat that for you, guys. He highlighted the importance of blockchain technology in connecting digital assets with the traditional banking system. If you are still on the fence, I don't know what you're looking at. I don't know what you're reading or who you're listening to. But wake up, wake up, wake up. This technology is here to stay. This is their next layer on top of the Internet. Blockchain rails will power the economies, markets, and governments. It's all going to run on blockchain, folks, and adoption is moving at a rapid pace here now moving head, look at this Bank of Canada. Implement stable coin regulatory framework or get run over. So you see the urgency coming out from different folks around the globe, like adapt or die. Right. I've often given the analogy of Blockbuster. Netflix came along and say hey, you want to buy us, No, we don't want to know. MUD's gonna use the internet. Nobody's going to go online to watch stuff. And we know what happened to Blockbuster, and we know what happened to Netflix. Right, So this is where many companies, banks, and much more. If they don't adapt to this thing, they're gonna die. So Canada's Central Bank is calling for the country to establish a stable coin regulatory framework to modernize the payment system and avoid falling behind other countries that are moving forward with such policies. Here's a quote. Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you sit there. Ron Morrow, the Executive Director of Payments, Supervision and Oversight at the Bank of Canada, said in a speech on Thursday at the Chartered Professional Accountants Conference in Ottawa, Canada, a transcript of which was published on the Central Bank's website. Morrow called on federal and provisional regulators to create a policy framework for stable coins. Here's a quote. At the end of the day. For stable coins to be seen as money, they need to be as safe and stable as the balance in your bank account. Wow. So, folks, game theory playing out here. Everybody's recognizing we better get on this train or we're gonna get left behind. Moving ahead. Final news item, Maelstrom and Amoga back Buyer Protocol's bid to unite AI, biotech and crypto. So we've seen depen and DeFi. Well, there's a new sector that's rising up called DECI decentralized science and folks, Maelstrom, that's Arthur Hayes and Emoca Brands. That is YACHTSU, both of whom I've had on the podcast, big big players in the crypto investment space, and they're putting a lot of money in different projects. So this is what we want to watch closely for the next bull market. So for example, in the bear market of twenty twenty two and even early twenty twenty three, I took a bet on AI tokens because I thought that's going to be a big narrative. So I bought Fetch and Render and those did well. They did well for my portfolio. So I'll give you heads up. I'm going to be looking at decentralized science projects which are not getting big views right now. New tokens are going to be launched. So it's a great opportunity, not financial advice, to get to do your research. But I'm sharing with you guys. My plan is strategy. You don't have to follow it, of course, and how I'm going to be positioning for the next bull market of twenty twenty eight, twenty thirty, and you know that timeline and so forth. But you know when I'm going to buy, not in the pumps, not in the top of the market, but when there's blood on the streets and everybody's fearful again and calling cryptoisgam right, I'll be buying backing the truck up. I know I've said that many times, but I want to hammer at home what is help me to make money in this market. That's being a contrarian to the herd and not following Jim Kramer and mainstream media, but understanding the charts, global liquidity, the different metrics and signals, who's making moves, the facts of who's investing in building right, that's what we want to follow. So let me give you the details here. Decentralized science platform bio Protocols secure backing from investors including Mailstrom Fund and Animoka Brands to expand its artificial intelligence native biotech research framework. Bioprotocol announced Wednesday that it had raised six point nine million dollars in funding, reflecting growing interests in decentralized approaches to drug discovery that integrate AI, blockchain, and community management. See what's happening here, right, New sectors, new industries are going to adopt blockchains, and there's going to be new coins on these things launched. Not everything's going to be a winner, but you know, in a speculative phase, if you're early to certain tokens they can rise up. And now I often say, hey, look, I stay away from meme coins and stuff like that, but I will invest in projects that have real world potential and impact right clearly, and they're backed by very big vcs and hedge ones. So Mailstrom founder Arthur Hayes described buyer Protocol as a potential category defining launchpad for scientific research. If it works, it's not just a launch pad, it's the birth of an AI native research market, he said. Hayes also highlighted how it opens up research opportunities that communities find appealing, not just what academics find interesting, very very interesting news here folks, And like I said, you know, bookmark this, put this in your notes. Tony said, watch for decentralized science tokens and coins and projects. Right, So if you stick with me, we can go through this process and I can highlight some of these new categories which can give you some nice returns, you know, like I said, just like I took the bet on AI and you know, in the previous bull market it was like DeFi summer, and you know in twenty seventeen it was icos and so forth. So this is where we want to be educated. We want to follow what's developing the market. Where are the vcs and the hedge ones putting your money in liquidity? So again, stick with me. We're gonna we're gonna talk about all these things, and you guys know, I'll let you know if I add certain tokens to my portfolio. You know, I've been recently talking about Canton network and the big banks that are part of that network, and I'm going to try to grab that token, you know, once that goes live. And so again I will share some of these things, and I get again not financial advice. Right, I'm sharing what I'm doing, but I know I'm repeating myself and I apologize, But I just want to make sure you guys don't blindly go invest and then if the project doesn't do well, you say, oh, I see Tony, he said this was going to do well or whatever. No, I want you to do your research, and if you doing your research, find conviction in what the project's doing. You see the rail world application of potential. You take a bet, and not everything's going to be a winner. Right, we don't have a crystal ball, but at least we want to form our thesis base it on facts and important things, not just let me throw it on black or red on the casino, right, That's not what we're doing here. So folks, that's the news. Let me know what you think. Leave your thoughts and comments below, hit the thumbs up. But folks, I'm sure some of you saw what I shared today. I will be speaking at the Money Show Virtual Expo next week. It's a virtual expo, so my session is on Wednesday, September twenty fourth at three twenty five pm. I'll put a link in the description. You can register for free if you want to tune in. So I'll be talking about crypto going mainstream from a niche asset to a global financial infrastructure. So trying to educate the masses about this technology and what's happening here. And I'm looking forward to, you know, speaking to folks. So once again, if you want to join and check it out, link will be in the description. Folks. A great way you can support me in the podcast is by subscribing to my free email newsletter. It is one hundred percent free. Link will be in the description. Check out my book on Amazon, it's available in paperback, in digital, and my course at Mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you every aspect of crypto, so if you'd like to expand your knowledge, check it out. Folks, thank you so much for watching, listening. I appreciate you all, and I'll talk to you all later