Speaker 1: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hee rod Ryan too, Yes, are we here you can hear us now? Hi, Good morning everybody. Oh wow, all right, wakey, wakey, hands off snaky whoa. We were panicking a little bit here. Nothing was working, Alex said. Some people were using the studio this weekend. Yeah, okay, good good that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Welcome in everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, rob Ryan Show, checking in after the long weekend.
Speaker 1: What is up?
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard on this tat Tuesday. Welcome to September, everybody. We are going to be very, very busy this morning, and I'll just right now. The thing I'm looking forward to most are these two summer Summer Sizzler games. We have a game today and tomorrow. Now we got Christian in clear Lake, Bobby and Dayton. Everyone knows Bobby then sliding his way through each and every game. I can't wait. So that's coming your way around.
Speaker 1: We'll get rolling with that.
Speaker 2: At eight twenty. Let's back up to six to twenty homeroom. Cody is going for the Hall of Fame this morning. Cody's got a game five this morning on the Fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Can he poke it through? He's been playing lights out man. We'll see if this long weekend did anything to his mojo.
Speaker 1: Sold out.
Speaker 2: Imagine Dragon's tickets all week. I'll have them for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. Oh you want to get into the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten aiversary party, I'll have those for you At seven to.
Speaker 1: Twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: Whitney Cummings tickets on Know the Show, trip to the iHeart Music Festival and a chance at one thousand dollars at your chance to text to win that coming at nine ten and I see nothing above a twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy skuys, I have ninety one. I thought this whole week was going to be a wash. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod and good morning homeroom So Over the weekend, astronaut Butch Wilmore, who is on the International Space Station RADIOED Mission Control here at Houston, saying he heard a sonar like sound that could be coming from the troubled Starliner, and the noise exchange can be heard in the audio shared. So it kind of freaked everyone out. But in a statement on the website. NASA said the noises had no technical impact to the crews, Starliner or station operations. Apparently it was radio feedback, stereo feedback that caused that strange noise, but it was still concerning that Butch said, let me like call Houston, yeah and say I have a little bit of a little technical audio problem here. So that's kind of a bigger story going around. And then here in Houston, Governor Greg Abbott announced a ten thousand dollars reward for information leading to the arrest of a carjacker who killed a ninety year old Navy veteran.
Speaker 1: It happened in Houston.
Speaker 3: Unknown suspect shot and killed Nessen Bucket. This happened on Saturday outside the Lone Start Senior living apartments. This is something Abbad's office is taking very seriously. Also, Crime Stoffers of Houston offering a five thousand dollars reward as well, So people want to know, like, hey, if you have any information on this aspect, they want to get this guy in custody. Happy Telephone Tuesday, the Tuesday after Labor Day, is supposedly the day businesses get the most phone calls all year. It's probably because everyone's open again after the long weekend, and it's when people start planning for the holidays, so you know, to do lists. Those are getting tackled today. Schools back in session. It's getting harder and harder to talk to a human, even at many small businesses, and that is an unwelcome change, according to a poll. Let's talk about unfinished beef. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut claimed victory in this hot dog eating contest, which was streamed live on Netflix's Labry Competition, and it ended with Chestnut beating Kobayashi, who hadn't based off. They hadn't based off with each other in fifteen years. Chestnut chowd down ay three hot in ten minutes, while Kobeyashi was able to get sixty six down. Kobyashi had announced his retirement earlier this year.
Speaker 1: This really was his last raw.
Speaker 3: Chestnut beat his own personal record of seventy six and took home one hundred K prize. Lincoln Park swears they have an announcement coming. Yeah say for real this time. Some fans of the brand are wary because Lincoln Park has been teasing an announcement. They did one hundred hour countdown that just started counting up after it ended, so to clear Benny confusion. The announcement is coming this Thursday, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston Tons. Better be good, Better be good? All right?
Speaker 2: What's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: The Astros fell to the Reds yesterday, five to three, the lost snap of their five.
Speaker 1: Game winning streak.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off to day before they play the Reds again tomorrow night. In college football, Bill O'Brien's Boston College upset tenth thrank Florida State last night, twenty eight to thirteen. Florida State now starts the season zero to two. They're also the first team this season to lose a game in two continents because they lost in Ireland last week.
Speaker 1: Fanasting. That is what's going on in sports. Very much.
Speaker 2: Here we go, guys, all right, I think we got everything hammered out and ready to roll. First phone call. Maybe Shelley, the phone's were again. I don't know what happened here this long weekend. Let's plan on a first phone call. What do you want to do? What do you want to talk about? Get on board with us right now? Seven one three two one two five nine four five it's going to be interactive. It's going to be busy. I mean, we already missed one day this week, so it's gonna be insanely busy. Today, let's go, man, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Happy Tattooesday, Everybody, This is us Man. We're back here, we're live, we're in charge. We've only got four days together, but we've got big, big things for you this week, I mean really big, and we just come back. We don't waste any time at all. We got Cody going for win number five, fresh out of bed, head to head challenge. Everybody knows Game five is a Hall of Fame game game. If you've been listening to Cody play last week, lights out just about every single day. I mean, everyone's been impressed with his play so dependent. I mean, I don't know what he did this weekend. If he comes in here in a Glizzy coma, maybe, but I don't think anybody's got a chance of beating Cody. So do we even play the game?
Speaker 4: You want?
Speaker 2: If you want to just skip the game and put them in the Hall of Fame that's up to you.
Speaker 1: Let me know. We'll play the game. Don't be silly.
Speaker 2: Imagine Dragons. Did you know that show was sold out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: They're playing Friday night and it's a sold out show. We do have tickets for you. We're gonna have tickets for you each and every day this week, Homeroom. We still love you the most. We're gonna give you those tickets on the fun fact flash back this morning. So that's closer to around six thirty five, twentieth anniversary party tickets. Nothing has changed. You still got to win your way in. You can't buy him. October twelve, Carbock Brewery. We'll have a pair of tickets for you at seven twenty. And then how about these Suburbs Summer Sissler games. Does Bobby test it as Bobby back his ass into the final game of the year, or does clear like say enough's enough, Christian Bobby has not won around. He has just let the other person lose.
Speaker 1: We has one and not on his own, not on his own.
Speaker 2: But he has just he has just tripped his way up the ladder. He has advanced in every single bracket he's been in. He's already scored two hundred and fifty dollars cash. He's already scored tickets to the twentieth anniversary show. Does he trip his way into the last game of the year.
Speaker 3: I think Christian hasn't had enough respect on his name, and I think today's the day we put some respect on Christmas name. Because remember we're always like, is it are you Kristen?
Speaker 1: Are you Christian?
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm Christian, hunclear, like I know this game, I have named the band and the song. Yeah, I think I think that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: That's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Bobby hasn't Bobby hasn't done anything.
Speaker 3: And we know so much about it, and we know every we know his shoe sides.
Speaker 1: Did he call for open phones?
Speaker 2: Probably didn't he get in for open phone, or he got in somehow he got some extra talk time on the air. Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 5: It's enough.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 2: So I and then tomorrow is the last game of the year. Tomorrow's five. We have a five thousand dollars winter tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's insane. So it's awesome, it's so great.
Speaker 6: It's the time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Daniel, good morning, Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning Daniel. What you got for us?
Speaker 1: Man? You get the first phone call of the week?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, you know, it was probably my first time calling in the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what do you want to talk about you guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just curious, have you guys have been following all this UFO stuff with this book released by Lou Elizondo and uh? I guess Lou was on Rogan last week and it was a pretty big episode, So I don't know if you guys have been following it. With all this information coming out, it seems like a pretty big topic that no one's really discussing, right, So.
Speaker 2: It's you just said it yourself. It's a really big topic that no one's discussing. Why do you think no one's discussing it if it's such a big topic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, they just go back to the stigma that's on it and all of this debunking by the US government, and it's pretty nuts.
Speaker 3: So so I did listen to some of that podcasts that you're talking about, and I was pretty frustrated with the guy he had on because he can't He kept on saying like, oh, well, I can't really say.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I can't really say, but I can't really say. So it was a lot of that.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 3: That was one of my least favorite podcast episodes, but Rogan gave it a huge platform. So if you're into it, I mean, some people I know listen to me.
Speaker 7: I suggest you read his book, right, because he goes.
Speaker 3: Into like he can really say on this ground and.
Speaker 7: How he was like a secret agent in Afghanistan, and I mean all these black Ops programs.
Speaker 1: Daniel's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Have you yourself seen a UFO?
Speaker 7: I think so. I think I have seen like the flashing lights that everyone talks about with like there's this crazy uh movement that you can't comprehend, right, something just like zig zagon right in the sky and it's obviously not a plane.
Speaker 2: But no little little green men with baldous heads, nothing like that.
Speaker 7: And I do a lot of hiking and stuff. And you know, I talk to you guys about when I went out to Big Big by myself, and I've been out in the risk of guys and my buffies have seen stuff, and.
Speaker 1: I've talked to so when people.
Speaker 7: Who are pilot who have seen things and have friends that.
Speaker 2: Have seen when I went out to Big Bend. I mean, it's number one. It's the you can't see the hand in front of your face if you go to some areas. It's the blackest black I've ever been a part of in my life. It's the begin It's Yeah. But I saw that Starlink go by. That was that Elon Musk you know that internet a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Ye a.
Speaker 2: I had someone way smarter than me explain that that was Starlink. Well, all right, dude, you know, I don't get a chance to listen to any podcasts and and and I like some of this stuff that Joe Rogan's getting into. I don't know that I've been sold on this one. If I'm gonna watch, if I'm gonna go and get into a Joe Rogan podcast, but I don't know until they show up and there's a picture.
Speaker 1: I just feel like we'd have like a really good picture by now.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Bigfoot and the Abominable Snowman and the I just feel like there's too many ring doorbell cameras. We would have a UFO picture by now, like a really good one.
Speaker 5: We need to start putting the rings on the roofs rings on the roofs.
Speaker 1: Okay, and if we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Do this, can't be doing football season. It's too close to football season now, like I got other.
Speaker 3: Stuff, Yeah, okay, I gotta yeah, all right, So get the timing right, get the pictures better, and we'll circle back for.
Speaker 1: This, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm getting prepared for my Bill's team to suck year this year. All right, let me take a short break when we come back. Thank you, Daniel. I'm the fliping a rerec check for You'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 9: Game Hoss alternative and tell them about the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show six twenty three, twenty percent chance of rain partly cloud. I am ninety one today. Not a washout as far as the ring is concerned.
Speaker 1: What's trending.
Speaker 3: James darren Is was an actor in Gidget and TJ.
Speaker 1: Hooker.
Speaker 3: He died at the age of eighty eight. Apparently he was like a teen idol. I don't have any like I don't, James. If you say the name Jay and Darreen, it doesn't ring a bell. But apparently singer and director. He's a number two search on Google, right after Florida State football, which they're trending because, as Alex says, Boston College upset them over the weekend. Speaking of football, there was a forty nine er player that was shot over the weekend. Now he's recovering. Ricky Pursale Parsault. Pearsall was shot and I don't have a ton of I don't have a ton.
Speaker 5: Of details on this. I just know it's been trending.
Speaker 3: In a robbery attempt that happened in broad daylight.
Speaker 1: Those are the details that I have.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how many games he's gonna miss because of this. He's lucky to have his life.
Speaker 4: So on the non football injury list, which means he's gonna miss the first four games of the season.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: That and then Anna Taylor Joy who had a huge who had huge Netflix success with The Queen's Gambut.
Speaker 1: She says her big career.
Speaker 3: Goal is to be Elsa in a live action Frozen film.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's got my vote for sure. That's how I got that story on the Looking Over Witch.
Speaker 3: Wants basically those are Houston, That's what's trending.
Speaker 2: Scot Tuesday right see Tuesday, Cody, I got him.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody. This is Tody continuing my winning waits. I only are fresh out of bed. Head to head four day champion, Another two questions to answer? Game Now, we got this long Labor Day weekend away, But don't worry. I'm coming in Tuesday morning, fresh as a daisy, and I will make it win number five and get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Bitches, will you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He might, he might.
Speaker 2: He's been playing amazing and I think everyone's been impressed with his play.
Speaker 1: Uh do you think you can beat Cody?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 2: One, three, two, five? S Pearl Jam on the bus Pearl Jam's daughter rod Ryan's show. As we jump right into a tat Tuesday. That's your Instagram feature today? Oh I had six picks over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: Six picks over the weekend. Chili's little mad at me. I threw a couple of extra pictures in there. Oh okay, the long weekend. I figured, you know, from regular weekend, you have six picks. Maybe you have a long weekend. Maybe you should throw a couple of extras in there. Still called six picks, but you can go check that out. I see Chili has those up on links of guests. Begrudgingly.
Speaker 1: I think he put those up. Yeah, what what's with the extra pictures?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. Twenty chance of rain, nothing above that, cloudy skies hive ninety one. All right, let's see if we get another person in the Hall of Fame. Here and now each time for the fresh a bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 2: Cody, good morning, brother, Good morning Cody. I hope you had a great weekend. Welcome back. I didn't do a glizzy count with anyone yet. I only had one. I had one hot dog over the weekend. Cody, how many hot dogs?
Speaker 10: Just one as well?
Speaker 2: Just one as well. That's right. I'm watching my figure.
Speaker 3: Well you and Cody Cana, we're watching ours.
Speaker 1: We made a pledge. I know it's all I can do.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, Cody, you're going for wind number five, Hall of Fame, all that good stuff, and Kevin says enough's enough over here. Kevin, Yeah, hey, dude, this is a You're a brand new Kevin. You're shiny, you're ultra exciting, you're fresh, you're fishy. You've never played before.
Speaker 1: You never played before, long time listener.
Speaker 10: Wow, dude, the inceptions.
Speaker 2: You picked a hell of a data play. We got a guy here. I don't know if you've heard any of his games, but he's been just destroying people. I've been missing it every morning, every time we get in the car and the school. It's but I know he's I know he's on four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time to get it.
Speaker 2: It's best you haven't heard his games. I'm gonna give you an Okay. I don't like people missing the show or missing parts of the show, but I think for you to play here, you're better off have not hearing those four previous games. We got a little something for you, Kevin.
Speaker 1: It is the most elusive fish.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it sounds like a new one. Kevin, You're a fresh fish. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win this today.
Speaker 3: I'm par of taking to see nothing more was set it off from ashes to new and post profit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cody can also win that and go to the Hall of Fame if he gets two questions to answers. Kevin, you ready, yes, sir, He's really fast, that's all I'm going to say, you haven't heard him. He's really really fast. You have to shout out your name, Cody. Just do what you've been doing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right here he's like, yeah, all right, sure, just play this game already. Who's this? Kevin guy questions you?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that. Everything's been, everything's been a little squirrely in here today.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kevin, and Cody. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What famous soup company has a red and white label?
Speaker 10: Cody?
Speaker 1: Wow? Just Cody?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Okay, he did not hear the question properly, Kevin, What famous soup company has a red and white label?
Speaker 11: Campbell's?
Speaker 2: Campbell's is a correct answer?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, the way I was about to scold this fresh fish for even calling.
Speaker 2: Now he's on the board, he's in the lead. Fresh keV.
Speaker 1: Then the day that Bobby plays sometimes waiting pays off.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, uh, Cody, I'm assuming you thought I said suit and not soup.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, sir, there we go.
Speaker 2: Question number two, Hey Kevin, Yes, sir, you're one away from winning this game.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got it, Cody Kevin. Question number two, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What sound does a cat make? Kevin Cody? Now, yeah, I'll take him out on that. We almost now.
Speaker 2: Are we cycling through animals on this question time?
Speaker 1: We might be? But do we have a lama last week or something? La Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, here comes your next question. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go on the way back machine.
Speaker 2: What TV sitcom featured June Wally, Theodore.
Speaker 1: Cody, Family Matters, Tessa, do you hate this guy?
Speaker 3: I think he hates himself.
Speaker 2: Kevin for the win? What TV Sitcom featured June Wally, Theodore Cleaver, and Theodore Cleaver. Kevin two one, Kevin, I needed an answer? You're still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's not Meet the Cleavers. The show was called I didn't hear that. That's also wrong. But I'm glad I didn't hear it because it was wrong. Leave it to Beaver. I would have never got it was the first TV show ever. It was in the twenties.
Speaker 2: You invented then, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. It was an old radio show, Neighbor to here we go for the win. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What college football team is known as the Fighting Irish?
Speaker 1: Cody? Notre Dame?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Cody, you were so lucky A fresh fish called today.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 1: You don't have to tell me.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kevin, I'll be back. You will, you will, Kevin, you were fun today. I don't know to be you said, you've been listening since the inception of the show, so I can't bust your balls. Thank you for all those years. I do want you to play again. I absolutely want you to get back on this radio show.
Speaker 1: Okay, absolutely all right, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Uh, Cody, I don't what the hell that was, but we're just gonna forget that. You're in.
Speaker 1: You're in Hall of Fame. Come in, we'll follow them out. You got there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to say it was an easy ride on the way up, but you dominated, and I don't know, maybe you needed a kick in the teeth.
Speaker 10: You took me out of my moto because you were more excited for the summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, you heard the opening monologue. I also said it was a big, big morning for you. Congratulations Hall of Fame, Bro, You earned it, and I still think that you're You got everybody nervous, for sure. Everybody that's in that Hall of Fame is nervous about you. Maybe not as much effort today, but I still think they got to worry about you when it comes to the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 1: All right, pro, thanks brother, all right, great job.
Speaker 2: It's been fun having you on for a week for sure. Two brand new players tomorrow. Huh are there a couple more Kevin's out there that have never played? Love to hear from you. Foo Fighters Tiny four five to buzz Rod Ryan's show, Happy Taed Tuesday. Everybody haven't had a chance to go look at that Tattooesday feature yet.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's a great one.
Speaker 2: I don't see anything really above a twenty percent chance of rain today. I'll take that man Claudy's guy highs up around ninety one and another member of the Hall of Fame. Good mad head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody, this is Cody. The five day run is complete. I am your fresh out of bed head ahead and them. Hall of Fame member number nine for twenty twenty four My last game was a little shaky, but it woke me up and I'll be ready to go for the tournament Tournament of Champions at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Bitches, all right, A couple of bounce here, A great job. I thought the guy was very deserving his play before today. That's what I remember. Adam who's been his biggest fan, Adam the cop. Oh my god, OMG, what a Monday. It's Tuesday, but yeah, it felt Monday. E easy questions too, Did Cody really deserve this one game? May you turn your back on the guy? You're kidding me? What is goat Hunter? You rode on the struggle bus today? But you made it great five day run. Can't wait to see how you do in the Hall of Fame. And then finally, Thomas Rod, you need to throw a chair through the window, air out the studio. They both stunk it up, got me, mister Tom and clear Lake. Pretty harsh, pretty harsh. Question was not easy. I did leave it to Beaver like a lot of people wouldn't have got that. It really is a show from the fifties.
Speaker 1: That was when you.
Speaker 3: Needed the whole question and you could guess it like you don't need to know it. But once you heard the name clearly her, I still would have been out.
Speaker 2: All right, well, listen, I I've got some sold out imagine dragons tickets coming up for you. But first, it's got a fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart and funny, every buddys, it's the fuck thats to the day. All right, here's my fun facts for you today, Gangster's Paradise. There's a part where Coolio raps, I'm twenty three now, but will I leave? Will I live to see twenty four? The way things are going, I don't know Coolio wrap that right. He was already in his early thirties when he recorded that song, so he knew, perhaps he wrote it earlier, he knew the way things were going, and he did know that he was going to see twenty four. He actually made it to see fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: He passed away in twenty twenty two. We lost Polio in twenty twenty two. All right, I had to go look it up. I'm gonna phonetically, Okay, call saw recon eat, call Saw recon eat, Call so recon eat, call so recon eat, calls recon eat The word. The word call sau recon eat is finish. It means getting drunk at home alone in your panties.
Speaker 1: That is, it says underwear, but panties is always funny. My next caption bitties.
Speaker 2: Pennies, edies, I can't help myself.
Speaker 1: Pennies.
Speaker 2: Sorry once it said once. It's like it's like a pringles chip, pitties. Every element on the periodic table has to be named after one of five things, something from mythology, a mineral, a place, a property of the element, or a scientist.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's neat pitties.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck.
Speaker 2: That's to the day we make you.
Speaker 1: That's to the day in your damn panties.
Speaker 2: Oh it's time for this, Okay please what do you have to hear to give away?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: These are tickets to see Imagine Dragons. The Loom World tour is hitt in Houston Woodlands is Friday Night. The shows sold out, so the only way you can get into the show is to win tickets from us.
Speaker 2: Fun fact flashback. What's the biggest city in the US with no freeway? Seven one three two one two five nine four five And if you remember that, we will reward you It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash okay in his panties.
Speaker 1: Couldn't make it in today.
Speaker 2: Hi hel brother, Good morning, Good morning to you, sir. How do we do on Wall Street? We were closed yesterday, right, so we got to go back to Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going back to Friday, it was a good day. The down was up two hundred and twenty eight points.
Speaker 11: Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, five hundred and sixty three nanastack Cup one hundred and ninety seven seventeen thousand, seven thirteen bench martin. Your treasury trades at a three point nine one percent and oil census seventy two dollars seventeen cents a barrel to The most active is the big studs, Intel, Amazon, IBM, the big dut Salesforce MX, and Apple. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on construction spending for July right now. Futures, well, they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 11: I'm out here. This is Halan managed director with Ramy James porting for the Rod Lion Show from Ramony James on Samflip and the guest, dam duff, you get those rockout with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Vimin's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nys AS, IBC, I ART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. That it's not juaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes. On theek, The studs and DUTs are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance thirty four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure is it?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Who is this?
Speaker 11: This is Alton.
Speaker 2: Alton, welcome to the show man. What is the biggest US city with no freeway?
Speaker 1: Guest in Florida? My man, you know it, dude. What a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: I haven't been there in years.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen?
Speaker 2: Have you been to Destin Florida?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh, my god, so beautiful right that white sand? It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: What have we given Elton?
Speaker 1: Oh dude?
Speaker 3: Elton just won a huge prize you're getting into the sold out Imagine Dragon Show this Friday night. It would list congratulations.
Speaker 2: I mean what morning show would blow out sold out tickets so early on the show. Oh, this one. We would do that because we love Homeroom. Thank you bro. Congratulations, great wins today. All right, thank you have an awesome, awesome week. Twenty percent chance of rain cloudis guys, high of ninety one. Testa has Houston's headline.
Speaker 3: I should do so. A couple of national things that I wanted to talk about, one being the United States seizing the plane of Venezuela President Nicholas Maduro due to a violation of sanctions. So the plane was just seized, and the Dominican Republic after it was determined its acquisition.
Speaker 1: Was a SA ancient violation.
Speaker 3: And then here in the US, Labor Day might mark the unofficial end of summer, but it's not lowering the thermostat for parts of the country. So La Las Vegas, Phoenix all could see record highs with temperatures as much as twenty degrees above normal, so heat warnings are expected for over twenty five million people by Wednesday. Meanwhile, here in Houston, specifically Galison, there was a lot of rain. There was a lot of rain that we got over the Labor Day weekend and the National Weather Services Galison had recorded five point five three inches of rainfall with more light rain.
Speaker 1: In the forecast.
Speaker 3: Previously, the record rainfall for September second was four point six four inches and that was set all the way back in nineteen forty one. So there was flooding on Broadway Street Stewart Road between eighty first and seventy fifth Street Street. Flooding was also reported in the Moody Gardens area, and that record daily rainfall is what led to a bunch of street flooding in the Galveston area. So that's kind of what's going on. There is always that question. I feel like we ask ourselves.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: Are they listening?
Speaker 3: Like how I was just talking to my buddy about this and then oh my gosh, you popped up on my phone. The big companies like Google and Amazon have always denied that they let companies spy on us by listening in on our conversation.
Speaker 1: But here's a report.
Speaker 3: That you might want to keep you paranoid right the site four or four Media publish a leaked memo from a large marketing company where they bragged to clients about a feature called active listening, and it's not the first time they've been exposed for it. Cox Media Group actually bragged about it last year on their own website. They took the page down after people freaked out, but it looks like they're still when they're talking to potential clients bragging about like, yeah, we can real time intent data. We listen to people's conversations. Their leaked pitch says they use AI to capture those conversations they pinpoint potential customers.
Speaker 2: So do we all agree that when our phone is just sitting next to us, I mean, is everybody in the room here on the same page, When our phone is just sitting there, it's listened to what we're saying, and then it's all the time. Then it's targeting ads or if we mentioned something, these things just magically appear on our phone. I mean, you know, I'm not Manby Jamby, none of that. I don't believe anything that you believe him. But that is real, right, active listening.
Speaker 3: Oh, your phone's definitely it's on right that I thought. I believe that that camera works. I'm not charging the access.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this phone's freaking listening to me right now.
Speaker 3: Though for sure Chris actually might interfere with that topic.
Speaker 5: I might want to put a crystal on top of your phone.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, okay, okay, a paper clip went to las Guests. Go to Leaks and Guests to read more about that, because it's pretty crazy, all right, something really crazy and really gross.
Speaker 2: Oh no, seriously, I sent you this. I don't know if you were going to go with this story or not. I sent you a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you chose this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't celebrity news going on. So this guy made the crazy Criminal blog page. He is leading the crazy criminal blog page because he's.
Speaker 1: A porch pooper. Yeah, video you know what?
Speaker 3: You know what porch pooper?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: It self explanatory. Please me explain it.
Speaker 2: But you wanted more ring doorbell footage, I have it for you today.
Speaker 1: There you go. Oh good.
Speaker 3: And this isn't a guy who's just like he's like into this. He's targeting a specific house, like I don't know whoever lived there, what kind of vendetta he's got gone.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to know what they did first.
Speaker 3: I don't know dude, the porch horooper keeps targeting the same house.
Speaker 1: The guy who lives there.
Speaker 3: Says he's tried to confront the pooper, but he's always he's already gone by the time he gets there. Like, does the guy have issues? Is it malicious? I would say, like maybe this is just on a particular part of his stop or it always just hits him.
Speaker 2: There's a justin Timberlake movie Alpha Dog, and the guy takes a crap on the rug, like it's.
Speaker 1: The most pissed off.
Speaker 2: You could ever be in your life when you just crap on someone's property like a dog, but you're a human.
Speaker 3: Well, like, okay, I gotta give it to the person who lives there. He's like, look, he hasn't tried to break in, but I would like him to stop pooping all over my porch.
Speaker 1: This video Crazy Criminal blog.
Speaker 3: Oways this is daily streams have quadruple sin, say, announce their reunion.
Speaker 1: Of course they have.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the ticket master might be facing a government investigation over their dynamic pricing for these shows that are next summer, so fans trying to buy a less tickets are angry over prices reportedly.
Speaker 5: Going way up while they're still online.
Speaker 3: After tickets are listed at eight one and eighty dollars when logging in, it's sometimes more than doubled after checkout. So people online, concert goers, they're waiting hours online to even get a try to get a ticket.
Speaker 2: This is ticket Master, now, this isn't the other ones that like jack up prices. I saw a ticket for eighty thousand dollars. I saw I saw an eighty thousand dollars ticket in Wembley Stadium. I mean, if you were lucky enough to get one, why not put it on on the resale market for eighty grand and and see if some millionaire or some idiot takes it.
Speaker 3: British government officials, Sully'll be looking into the practice of dynamic pricing, okay, which means that your ticket price can be changed in real time based on demand. Spoiler alert, Everyone wants these tickets. Those are hens.
Speaker 2: They got us by the short and curlies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: What's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: The Astros fell the Reds Hees yesterday five to three.
Speaker 1: That lost snapped their five game winning streak.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Reds again tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: In college football.
Speaker 4: Bill O'Brien's Boston College upset tenth thrank Florida State last night, twenty eight to thirteen. Florida State now starts the season zero and two. They're probably out of the playoffs already. They're now also the first team this season to lose a game in two continents. That's our old Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien, our Bill and O'Brien, former head coach of the Texans.
Speaker 1: Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien.
Speaker 4: Former offensive coordinator for Alabama, now the head coach of Boston College. Okay, and he's kicking the ass of Florida State right now. So you can go check that out on our sports block page today as well as Kyron Hudson on USC had college football's catch of the year already, and it's only week one. I guess LSU on Sunday night it was the most incredible catch I've ever seen, so Odell Beckham on State Royd's it's week one, it's done, okay, play the year already done?
Speaker 1: Really, it doesn't it out. No one's gonna have a better You can't catch better than that. It was insane.
Speaker 2: You're calling it now? Yeah, that's the best catch Itason, go watch it.
Speaker 4: Just say, there's no chance anybody's topping this. Okay, Catch the Year sports blog vision.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see this catch.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, All right, ninety four five to the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show on a tat Tuesday. Yeah, we jump right into Tattuesday. I hope you guys had a.
Speaker 1: Great long weekend. It was an awesome weekend and I didn't think it was as rained out as we thought it was going to be.
Speaker 2: I was just planning indoor activities and all of that and didn't need to got a little pool time in this weekend. I got a little glizzy time in this weekend. I got a couple of people seen to me there they're glizzy picks. Twenty percent chance of rain today and see nothing above that cloudy Skuys highs of around ninety one. So a weird thing happens when it's my turn six picks?
Speaker 5: What down everybody.
Speaker 1: Sends in six picks?
Speaker 2: Well, they want to be like you, but specifically on my week well, because you historically have forgotten to submit six picks.
Speaker 4: The most out of the four of us, to spite giving us the most crap when we complain about it being our six picks.
Speaker 1: Doubt historically, that's just accurate.
Speaker 2: I caught that jag off saying that last week. Okay, I caught it, slip spot the lies slipped it in there?
Speaker 1: Did I did? I miss one time?
Speaker 4: Two times, which is twice as much as everybody else is miss I.
Speaker 2: Have missed the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, And then you're like, these guys hate it when I make them do it, and really, at least we do it.
Speaker 1: I brought in ten picks today to make all the time I brought in ten picks. My six pick. My six picks is ten picks, follow the rules.
Speaker 2: And I think it was supposed to be eleven.
Speaker 1: But Chile like that. I brought in the pics.
Speaker 2: But why is like Ashley with an I sending in six picks. Your boyfriend Josh Tree is saying he sent in a picture of his he did get a new car. I'm like millionaire with the bronco over there. All right, I do have my six picks up, and I do want to say and I get I get emails about this band all the time. I finally saw Falling in Reverse. I went to go see them on Saturday. Holy Craft, They're great. They were so unbelievable. They were headlining Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: They played Friday night at the Woodlands Pavilion. So I did. I took my own advice, okay, and I went ate at the Republic Grill.
Speaker 1: Had the corn bread naturally, so I went all up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I hit the Republic Grill. I said, I tell you all the time, if you go into a show at the Woodlands, just keep going down the street, go to the Republic Grill, eat there, get some food in your belly, and then.
Speaker 1: Go to the concert.
Speaker 2: I didn't know a whole lot. I mean, I knew a couple of songs about Falling in Reverse, and I a little bit about the guy, Robbie rad Key, the singer. It was unbelievable. He's got a song with Jelly Roll. Everyone's got a song with Jelly Roll. Everyone has a song with jelly Roll, so it's like he also has a song with Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: But I met just about everybody.
Speaker 2: That we gave pit passes to, including Amanda, who won pit tickets from us. So I got a picture with her, and then I was planning some indoor activities because I thought it was going to be rainy all weekend long. You ever been of the Mad Potter? Never, so I think there's a bunch of them. The one that I went to was in River Oaks. You go in there, so it took the kid and and Sue was in town and we went and you picked pottery off the They already have him, like already kind of they already have pa They have the raw yeah sculptures and then you just paint them and then you leave them with them.
Speaker 1: They fire them and you come back three days later and it's there.
Speaker 2: So I thought we were gonna need that. But you can see, I mean it's super sunny or indoors making pottery. So we did that. I finally checked out. I really did hit a bunch of things off my hit list. Anybody that has ever been to Buffalo or anybody that's from Buffalo that's a transplant here, Bill's mafia, the whole deal. They've told me, I've got to go to this place.
Speaker 1: Cup and char Cup and Tar, Cup and char is where Cup.
Speaker 2: And Char is in Richmond. Guys from Buffalo, you know what?
Speaker 1: Cup and char is no clue.
Speaker 2: It's when the pepperoni on the pizza kind of like creates a little mini bowl of grease.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so the little grease, you know what you do.
Speaker 2: I think it's just not I think it's not taking the side the membrane off of it and it just coils up. And yeah, so it kind of cups up. So Cup and char is kind of what happens to the pepperoni. That's the name of the pizza place, the wings, the pizza. Everything was amazing. Really yeah, so there's a picture of the pizza. The pizza looks amazing. And then we went to the Astros game in Leftover. I didn't bring any yet, okay, Yeah, so it took the kid to the Astros game.
Speaker 3: They had a killer weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jordan had two homers, two fingers when we were there. It was great. And then we got a little pool time and then I did so I only I was only good for one hot dog this weekend. What's your count?
Speaker 3: Two Friday? Immediately to okay, immediately on Friday, let's get it started.
Speaker 1: Did you go to the game dogs?
Speaker 3: No, Yes, I did go to the game. I went to the game on Saturday, but I didn't have dogs at the game. I had Pucker's Wings okay, and I had tostatas from Man, I'm getting them again. I should really remember the name. It's the place you get the They have really good tossatas.
Speaker 1: So that's what I had.
Speaker 4: Two dogs, Alex, I said I was gonna have two. I had two on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Josh Tree had three.
Speaker 1: If I'm looking at his.
Speaker 2: Pictures correct, I don't know if any of these one of his. I don't know if any of these other six picks are going to see the light of day. July is so mad, so mad because I said extra pictures. It's like, hey, man, it's called six picks. I got like nine or ten in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're lucky that went up because you don't follow your own rules.
Speaker 2: Okay, well listen, it's like, how chilly?
Speaker 1: What does need do? They're supposed to be email Sunday night. I did email him Sunday night.
Speaker 12: No, you got it.
Speaker 1: I saw him today? No?
Speaker 2: Noay, okay, check his email? Did you did you hear what he just said? They're supposed to be sent Sunday night? Here he goes, But I only checked him today. I said him last night.
Speaker 3: Well he.
Speaker 1: Huh, last night was Monday. Thank you? You got you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your hot dog count on the weekend?
Speaker 1: No dog, no man.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's your twin that's your twin brother with no dogs.
Speaker 12: I was stressing out about six picks and stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're stressing this guy out. He lost all his hair, all right.
Speaker 2: I got my six pixar up. It's tattouesday. There's a great food blog up today, the crazy Criminal blog page with the pooper. I can't there's somebody pooping on someone's.
Speaker 1: Port over again.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: We'll take a quick break, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We've got rod Ryan twentieth anniversary party passes for you, said t Is Rocks.
Speaker 9: His alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rob Ryan's Show, NFL. Thursday Night, dude, We're so close. Thursday night, then Friday in Brazil in Brazil, then Saturday, college football, Sunday, NFL, Monday, NFL.
Speaker 1: It's we made it all right, we made it all right. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I absolutely cannot wait. Well, full lines are ringing. I think people know that we have a giveaway coming up in just a little bit. Sit tight for that.
Speaker 1: If your phone is ringing right now, we're gonna hang up on you. We're gonna clear.
Speaker 2: Just know that we are going to clear the lines. But you I can tell that everyone knows that we've got a big ticket coming up to give away. Twenty percent chance of ring Claudi's guys highs up around ninety one before we get there. What's trending?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 3: Chuck twenty four hours of ranch dressing in ten seconds. It was a contest at a restaurant to end.
Speaker 2: Food blog page today. I got a headlining.
Speaker 5: He scored a one hundred dollars gift card. I also got a free.
Speaker 3: Order of wings and yeah, he twenty four ounce a mug homemade ranch dressing down the hatch.
Speaker 1: It's heavy.
Speaker 5: Ten seconds for the wind.
Speaker 2: It's I mean literally heavy, like buttermilk ranch.
Speaker 3: So you got that out of the food balk page. It's great, it's great. You're ahead of this. Okay, I don't know if you know this, but when you go to your neighborhood ATIV which you love and cherish, they don't take tap, they don't take like you can't just boo pay for it at the at the register that you need a physical card until they've announced that that's not no more. They already have tap pay at Central Market. They just introduced that ten weeks ago. Tap pay is on your phone or something on your phone, and that's how a lot of people like to just.
Speaker 1: Yeah sometime with your card to your car. Can Also is it Apple.
Speaker 2: Pay or it's just it's a different It's well, you.
Speaker 3: Have Apple Apple pays on your phone, but you can preload cards into your wallet on your phone, gotcha, and you can suit tap The young kids, the millennials, myself, girls that don't have a purse or their cards ever with them.
Speaker 1: They love that. We love that.
Speaker 3: It should be getting tap pay very soon. Also, uh, is there some drama between Cheryl Swoops and Caitlyn Clark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody wants to be like they want to hate on Kaylyn Clark when she's the goat, so you can't really hate on her and everybody's she's breaking all their records.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to do the commentary at a Fever game and she got pulled off of it. There's been a couple of times she goes notably mute when they're talking about how good Kaitlyn Clark is. Doesn't say anything, and I think she got some stats wrong so that people were asking her, hey, like you actually need to.
Speaker 1: Correct these statues. I think she's Angel Reese.
Speaker 3: Even her old her old coach Nancy Lieberman, who is a friend of hers, who has like grown up with her, Winter her first essp's gotten, helped her sign a Nike deal. All this stuff. She's not speaking to her over this whole Kaylyn Clark.
Speaker 1: Drama is very weird.
Speaker 3: It's very weird, so Cheryl swoops to be Kaylyn Clark. That drama continues. It's all over the ex But that's what's trending on many For five.
Speaker 4: The one a good thing like like Injuries and Kayln Clark are the two best things that have ever happened to.
Speaker 1: The Dellwis set in their history.
Speaker 4: The fact that they are not just two hunting them in and being positive about them in every possible way.
Speaker 1: I understand there's a rivalry there. Do you want to take a side and I.
Speaker 4: Have a friendly rivalry with it, that's fine, But like Kayln Clark and Injury should be lifted up every single time that they have the opportunity to get that.
Speaker 3: All right, I's great you put Angel in there, because I tell you there is no you have.
Speaker 5: You have to have a you know, Superman v.
Speaker 1: The Joker or like web right.
Speaker 3: Someone has to play the other the opposite.
Speaker 1: End of that character.
Speaker 2: This is why everyone's calling into the station right now, because I said I would be giving away and I am. I am, I okay, let me just do it this way. I am right now giving away. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party passes October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. I will take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. You know what, I am gonna get silly because we weren't because we weren't. We weren't here yesterday. I would say caller number eleven as well. Oh wow, Loco wild seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Caller ten.
Speaker 2: Caller eleven Chilly already hates me because I have so many pictures in my six big So what am I gonna do? I mean, I just dig the hole a little deeper. Uh seven one three two five nine four five. We'll have two winners coming up. A rod Ryan show on the bus four or five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Puddle of months, lurry.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty two, wakey, waky, hands off, snaky nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy sky's high of ninety one. Hottest ticket in town blowing out a pair of tickets right here?
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 7: This is Wiky Cattro.
Speaker 2: How many hot dogs did you eat over the Labor Day weekend? This could be, this could determine your whole future moving forward.
Speaker 1: How many three? Three glizzies?
Speaker 5: Three gies?
Speaker 2: She ate more than everybody on the show. Yeah, she sounds like a good time. Yeah, she sounds like a really well Josh Tree said he ate three.
Speaker 1: He had a picture of three him. I don't know if he finished him.
Speaker 2: Uh, NICKI, you sound like a really good time. You didn't have to eat any You didn't have to eat any glasies. You wont you got tickets.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have signed a call for like seventeen years and I've never gotten through.
Speaker 2: You're the only one. You're the only one. I don't know why you can't get through. Every line is open, No, every line is actually full. Right now, NICKI, listen, Thank you I didn't miss out on that. You said seventeen years. That means the world to me. Have you not won anything from us though all that time?
Speaker 3: Never, I've always been called nine.
Speaker 6: No matter what, I'm calling.
Speaker 1: A good one to get in on ten. This is a good one.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, something's crazy.
Speaker 2: Trying to get your ticket rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. It's October twelfth. I hope you're available. We're going to be at the Carbox Brewery and then we're going to have acoustic performances from Shine Down Blue October, Sublime, Theory of a Dead Man in the x ses.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You cannot buy these tickets, Nikki. You have to win your way in, and you did just that by being called a number ten.
Speaker 1: Yes, Don so happy.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for you. Thank you for all of those years. Okay, thank you? All right, hang on now, it's a short work week, true, Arry, we weren't here yesterday, right eating hot dogs and doing all the things that you do on Labor Day weekend.
Speaker 1: We didn't give you tickets yesterday, so.
Speaker 2: I said that I'll give away calling number. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Well Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Don Hi, Todd?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, you guys cool.
Speaker 2: I just gave away a pair of tickets I just gave away a pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty aniversary party Nicki Nicky Nikki was called her ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I buy them from Nikki. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know, because it's gonna be like all on the phone and everything. I don't think they're transferable. So I think you're in trouble. But where you are in luck today. As I said, I was going to take call her number ten and eleven, Todd, your caller eleven nice, So you don't have to buy Nicki's tickets or try to swindle her out of them. I'm going to invite you and a guest to the twentieth anniversary party rod Ryan Shows Celebration October twelfth at the car Bock Brewery.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. Thank you, guys man, Thank you Todd. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: What's your hot dog count? What was your hot dog killed count on the weekend?
Speaker 1: Zero? I'm a loser anymore. You're not more, dude, not anymore.
Speaker 2: That's why Chili put myself Okay, well, that's why let me put you through it because Chili had a zero count too. He had a chili a zero Chili dog count or any dog count for that. All right, bro, can't wait to see you guys. That's Todd and Nikki. They are now into the big anniversary party and we'll continue to give away tickets all week.
Speaker 1: Hang on Todd.
Speaker 9: The Rod Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, all right, ninety four five The Buzz don't top of pilots and they're kind of they're unplugged plush. Rob Ryan's show on a Chat Tuesday. Welcome back from the long weekend, everybody. I hope it was a great weekend, links and guests. I got my six picks up. I don't know what Chil's doing with these other submissions. I don't know if he is entertaining other people getting their six picks up. Even I haven't heard from Nurse d didn't she said she was out this weekend on her motorcycle. I remember her from Friday saying don't worry, I know it's your week I'll be sending you in six picks. I don't know what it's on my everyone piles on my weekend.
Speaker 3: Might a bird or something ran into her when she was on the road, Is she okay? Yeah, yeah, no, no, no, she hasn't, but she has like one of those like it's a dash cam, but it's for her motorcycles.
Speaker 1: So okay, posted some videos.
Speaker 2: Well I saw some other six picks coming in.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Uh, lots of stuff for you on the Looking at Girls blog page. Find out why the gen x women in the Midwest or the hottest in bed. I might be very being very literal on that. Jennifer Lopez posted some summer picks. Didn't seem like Ben was involved in anything that she had going on this summer. It was like, you know, look back at you know, her little hot girl summer.
Speaker 3: He didn't shove to her birthday, her birthday.
Speaker 2: So I didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, was Ben not present for anything for her this summer? I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: You get in a breakup, go on Instagram and to lead all the pictures she post I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: Thereat didn't happen. Great news. One Tree Hill is coming back.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you already talked about Anna Taylor Joy. You got me to watch The Queen's Gambit and she was great in that, and she wants to play Elsa if they ever do a live action Frozen movie. She absolutely has my like she needs it, she absolutely has my vote. If anybody, if Disney calls me and says, you know, listen, I know you have a daughter of a big Frozen you know, your dad of a little gal that's a big fan of Frozen, do you approve of this? I would approve of that.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I would absolutely approve that. Did we I think we did bring up this name? Emma Roberts said she she would love to play Britney Spears in a Britney Spears biopic.
Speaker 1: Did we mention her? We must have. We talked about all like.
Speaker 2: The big name younger actresses she would she Emma Roberts, I mean yeah, no, Alex, yeah, okay with Britney.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Britney herself said, listen, I might star in a fictional musical she said, and her quote was I'm gonna play quote an extremely intelligent character.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Britney to work.
Speaker 1: Thank you for you know.
Speaker 2: She's like, listen, when it comes to an extremely intelligent, intelligent character, they called me to play that person.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm googling. I Google google them Robis. I could see it. I don't know what her background is, but.
Speaker 1: Come again, what is this version here?
Speaker 2: So Selena Gomez on the Looking at Girls blog page. She's in Colorado over the weekend. I wanted to mention her because I thought this was a really cool I thought this was a really cool thing. She's at the Tell Your Ride Film Festival, my second favorite film, right so, knowing that she would be there, the Tell Your Ride high school girls volleyball team posted a sign on Main Street and they said, Selena, come to our game.
Speaker 1: Yes, it gets word to her. She goes to the game. I love her. She goes to the game.
Speaker 5: She goes to the volleyball game.
Speaker 3: Are you insane? That would be so cool.
Speaker 2: She went to the high school game because the girls put up a sign and invited her.
Speaker 3: And the girls invite you to support the volleyball you gotta go.
Speaker 1: It is a very extensive Looking At Girls blog page.
Speaker 9: Today Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show US.
Speaker 2: Or find the Bus Breaking Benjamin see rod Ryan's show on a tat Tuesday. Welcome back from the long weekend, see nothing above a twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy skuys a.
Speaker 1: Little bit cooler, huh, ties them around ninety one.
Speaker 2: Today, two Summer Sizzler games remain, and today's game is huge because we're gonna find out if Bobby from Dayton can slide into the last game of the season, or will Christian from Clearlay show and continue to show his dominance. The winner of today will come back and play. They got to play back to back. Tomorrow is the last game of the year where we give somebody five thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union. Both of these dudes in Iron already won two hundred and fifty dollars cash. They already have tickets to the anniversary show. I can't wait a twenty cannot get here soon enough to get these guys on the show with us. All right, let's get in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 3: Okay? So SpaceX is hoping to successfully launch its latest historic mission this week after a series of delays. According to a new schedule filed with the FAA, Polaris Dawn is set to lift off Wednesday from the Kennedy Space Center. If all goes as planned the Polaris. The Polaris Dawn mission will include the first ever commercial spacewalk. So that's what's going on with SpaceX. Meanwhile, over the weekend you had astronaut but Wilmore on the ISS. He he's on the International Space Station with Soon. You remember Sonny Williams are kind of been stuck there. He radioed in mission control in Houston because he heard this sonar like sound that could be heard coming from the troubled star liner, the Boeing star Liner, and apparently it was radio feedback, but you can hear this noise exchange in audio shared on social media by a meteorologist. So NASA had to go to the website and say, you know, that was no technical impact made to the Cruse star Line or to the station operation. So there's your space update. Are we up to speed on what's going on in space?
Speaker 1: I feel like I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, great, great, great, and more serious news, Governor Greg Abbot announced a ten thousand dollars reward for information leading to the arrest of a carjacker. Why do they want this carjacktor arrested? Well, because he killed a ninety year old Navy veteran. It happened right here in Houston outside of the Lone Star Senior Living apartments near Westbury Parkway near Rainier Drive, and Nelson Beckett served our country again, a nine year old Navy Navy veteran. His car was found a ten minute drive away at a different apartment complex.
Speaker 2: The whole thing around this is brutal, man, really is. It's sad to begin with, but then when you hear about the way that he went and wow, what So fifteen thousand dollars is now the tip of the money that's on.
Speaker 3: The line, right, because you have ten K from Abbot and then Crime Stoppers of Houston adding five thousand dollars reward on top of that. Okay, let's switch gears here.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: It's a Tuesday, after Labor Day, and supposedly this is the day businesses get the most phone calls all year because everyone's open again after the long weekend. It's when people start planning for the holidays. So telephone Tuesday is like a loose business observance day.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this every year. It doesn't it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not going to argue it, I'm not getting ready for the holidays. They're trying to somehow say that more calls are going to businesses today.
Speaker 1: There's other long.
Speaker 2: Weekends, there's other things. There's other days that seem like it might be busier, but today's the day.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, when I call someone, I mean, it's like, what are the odds that I'm going to actually get a human to talk to on the line with me? Those are always that's always a concern. In a recent poll, sixty two percent of people say they prefer human interaction over automated ones. Yeah, seventy seven percent believe a phone call is the best most efficient way to get an answer to a question you have about a business.
Speaker 2: A robot got my one of my TV's working this weekend. I never talked to it. I never talked to a human.
Speaker 5: That was nice.
Speaker 1: He went through Comcast AI.
Speaker 2: And the AI and they just kept refreshing that box or whatever, and I never talked to a human and it worked, So it works. It was awesome not talking to a human.
Speaker 1: You liked it because it worked, right, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I've been frustrating.
Speaker 1: How often is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of the times you really need to talk to somebody. I'm the guy that just goes right to zero zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it.
Speaker 2: Representative, But yeah, I'm that guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about Joey Chestnut. We had a listener email us. He's like, are you guys not talking about the new world record? I was like, dude, you got to wake up earlier. This will be the second time. Now we were talking about Joey Chestnut and Takiro Koba Yashih. Chestnut claimed victory in Netflix's Unfinished Beef hot Dog eating Contest. This was a Labor Day competition. Chestnut beat Kobo Yashi. They hadn't faced off in fifteen years. He downed eighty three hot dogs in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I think, Alex, you watched it, Yeah, okay, it was on Netflix so you didn't have to pay any extra And did they do it?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: Was it as exciting as how they the guys that have been doing Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Those brothers, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: They had Rob Regal kind of he was one of the commentators. So that was cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, was there any pre they had?
Speaker 4: I didn't watch it until like it was the two of them. What do they have pre I think they had like undercard stuff. I didn't see any of that. I just tuned in when I saw people talking about on Twitter competitive eating things undercard, I think, so yeah, okay, but Joey just kind of smoked him and he.
Speaker 1: Wins one hundred k for that. That's a pretty big price. Awesome trophy.
Speaker 4: Okay, looked like the Super Bowl trophy, but I had hot Dog on its football very appropriate.
Speaker 3: Is everyone ready to talk about Lincoln Park again?
Speaker 2: I mean, unless you give me something? When am I? When are we getting some sort of a concrete announcement?
Speaker 5: They say Thursday for real this time?
Speaker 2: Okay, Wednesday last week we count back down another month.
Speaker 3: So the band made an announcement to clear up any confusion you've had after their one hundred hour account down clock, which he'sed all the way down to zero and then started counting up again. That there, they went on social and said, no for all this time, there's an announcement coming this Thursday. Be part of something September fifth, where the exact words used on social media by Lincoln Park. Some fans have also reported that they've received an invite from the band to a mysterious event set for September fifth, So.
Speaker 2: Where's core Where's Corey Feldman? On September fifth? Because if I get one more email that says Lincoln Park has announced their new singer, it's a picture of Corey Feldman. I like that, though I've been sent that. That's like when that return your cart meme gets set to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: People know. I love Corey Feldman, so that's cool. But yeah, he's not gonna be the least singer was the feld Dog. Yeah, I would not be good with that. As much as I love Corey Feldman, I do not want come back, Kane.
Speaker 1: You don't want to come back to come back to Lincoln Park?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I want him. I want no part of that, all right, So.
Speaker 3: You're his set minds?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's going on? In sports?
Speaker 4: The Astros fellow the Reds yesterday five to three. That lost snap their five game winning streak. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Reds again tomorrow night. In college football, Bill O'Brien's Boston College Eagles upset the tenth ranked Florida State Seminoles last night, twenty eight to thirteen. Florida State now starts the season zero to two after being ranked number ten to begin the year. On the sports blog page to Day, Oklahoma's entire stadium, saying Toby Keith's courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.
Speaker 2: So I sent you this this morning. I was wondering if you would do.
Speaker 1: It no less than like one hundred times this weekend. I know you love Toby Keith. I know you love this country great, greatest song I ever written.
Speaker 2: It's pretty heart pounding.
Speaker 4: He's an Oklahoma guy. I don't know if he attended Oklahoma. I think he did, though, but he was a big Oklahoma Sooner fan.
Speaker 2: Well he was a semi pro football player, wasn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he may have played there, but the entire stadium Friday night was singing Curtisy the Red, White and Blue.
Speaker 1: It kicks as It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Check it out sports blog page to Day. You will not be disappointed.
Speaker 2: It'll make you missed up a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you're not an American.
Speaker 4: If you're if you're not an American, you will you maybe won't cry, but but.
Speaker 1: I tear it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: But this isn't there like Boston Red Sox, Sweet Carolina.
Speaker 1: It needs to be now. You can't go back after that. That was electric.
Speaker 2: This has to be a new tradition. Yeah, okay, I agree with you. It's amazing, all right. Check out the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking Alternatives, The Rods, The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 6: A Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod, Ryan's Show, Rise Again, Savior halfway part of the show paper. Ooh and we are so close man. We've got the suburb Summer Sizzler coming up. We got Dayton clear Lake, clear Lake. Just Christian just sent me a picture. And he's the guy that said that Blink Win eighty two bandy, Remember he was going on he said he did a concert. He did a show as in Austin and he was opening up for a band. The guy that was in the band was is his name Kevin, Kevin from the American Pie series Kevin.
Speaker 1: He was asleep, right he Well, no.
Speaker 2: You're thinking of you're thinking of a hangover American Pie. He's the one that's with who's the girlfriend that kind of Tara Reith.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was asleep in the hotel room that he was playing from.
Speaker 1: Oh, Okay, I thought you were mixing movies up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I thought you you were thinking that he was from another character. Yeah, I don't remember, but yeah, he hadn't gotten much sleep, but he just sent a picture of him, so I guess it's a fame picture. But he said he's up and ready to go for his game today. I haven't heard from Bobby, but I know Bobby got extra airtime last week. I know he was on with us just kind of laughing in our faces that he has slid through this tournament. He has absolutely slid through this tournament. He hasn't gotten anything right. The people have lost, thus him advancing into the brackets. He's done that every single time. He's one game away from playing for five hundred or five thousand dollars cash tomorrow. Bobby and Christian coming up in the suburb of Summer Sissler. Is it the best thing on our website today? I'm going to say, yeah, it is. I sent this over to Alex. You were probably gonna put it up anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I saw this Friday. I've been locked in.
Speaker 2: Eighty thousand football fans saying Toby Keith's courtesy of the Red, white, and blue. So they paid tribute to the late great Toby Keith, and they put on the song over the loudspeakers. But it wasn't just a clip, it was the entire song. And then they kind of knew people would sing along with it. They left it playing the whole time. Everybody in the stadium, eighty thousand strong are singing this because Toby Keith has ties. He was born and raised in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Are we seeing the birth of a new college tradition?
Speaker 2: I don't see how they could go. I don't see how they could not do this because they won too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you did this, it's an amazing moment.
Speaker 1: You win for you next week.
Speaker 3: If this continue, are we seeing are we stage on the road there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we could be.
Speaker 2: Watching the genesis of something that is done for one hundred years from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Florida does won't back down from Tom Petty. They play that, and that's awesome. He's a Florida guy, unless you just call him Baton Rudge from George Straight. I know there's tons of other ones. It's Darth Brooks or whatever, same thing, same guy.
Speaker 3: What did who did he say?
Speaker 4: It was Colin Batton ruge whatever, said George straight like, okay.
Speaker 1: We got similar very so.
Speaker 2: The Sooners crushed Temple. The Sooners crushed Temple fifty one to three, and this was sung beforehand.
Speaker 1: They put a boot up Temple's ass.
Speaker 2: They do this, you know, I mean, listen, I don't care about Oklahoma or any of that. This video is so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I've never really had a reason I liked Oklahoma or anything. It's just because, like you're not Texas, You're kind of just Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, but like that was bad ass.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 2: It's it's probably the best thing on the website today. Nurse d sent in six ficks. Yeah, okay, finally you got to go through that animal.
Speaker 3: I need those.
Speaker 2: There's ten and six picks.
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't like you're glad to take as many pictures as you want. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I see mine up and that's it. Last two games of the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Okay, Bobby Christian, they're both they both got cash in their pockets. They both got tickets to the anniversary show yep, but only one will play tomorrow. In the final game of the year, we'll revisit with Bobby and Christian after this.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am, ninety four Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I've got Christian, I've got Bobby. They're on hold, They're ready to go. They want to talk, but more importantly, they want to sizzle. Second to last game of the year coming up. Today's winner goes into the final game tomorrow and then that's when we give away cash. So I'm so excited it's finally here. Twenty percent chance of rain partly Cloudy Sky's hike today.
Speaker 1: Of around ninety one.
Speaker 2: First, we gotta find out what's trending, which you got.
Speaker 3: Adele's piecing out. The singer said, we won't see her for an incredibly long time after the end of her Las Vegas residency, the richest deal in Vegas history, which netted one hundred and five million dollars for her in sixty shows. But she's kind of talking to the audience and she's like, you know what, I've been doing this for a long time.
Speaker 1: I need to rest.
Speaker 3: I've spent the last seven years building this life for myself.
Speaker 1: I want to live it now.
Speaker 5: I want to go live my new life I've been building.
Speaker 2: I believe her. Yeah, she's the one I believe, you know. Dave roll says, Oh, we're going to take a ton of time off, and then you know, two weeks later he got a new album out Adele. I think she does take some time off.
Speaker 1: She seemed like she's she's so funny.
Speaker 3: She shoots like a T shirt cannon. She was putting on new balances with her like beautiful dress.
Speaker 1: She says.
Speaker 3: She's like, you know what, I know, I'm like kind of an interesting performer. Like my personality, Like her personality doesn't really match.
Speaker 5: Like the song she sings.
Speaker 2: It's not like on there's dancing, das and stuff.
Speaker 3: She's just a damn good singer. She's an iconic singer, legendary, and.
Speaker 1: She's getting her talent. Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't know if you guys saw this. Over the weekend, Disney owned channels including like ABC, ESPN, they were all yanked from Direct TV on Sunday afternoon because they have had some deal negotiations breakdown. So eleven million subscribers Direct TVs eleven million subscribers. They lost access to the US Open coverage halfway through the tournament and people were kind.
Speaker 5: Of losing it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of tennis fans that weren't very upset. And then, if you didn't know, over ten thousand Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott hotel workers went on strike on Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: This happened in the United States again.
Speaker 3: Contract negotiations for this union have stalled out. The strike, authorized for three days in some places, was called during a time when there was a lot of traveling going on. A lot of them were needed for that Labor Day holiday.
Speaker 5: But that's a spending on.
Speaker 1: Night from bus.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do like today and tomorrow and then we don't play this song again.
Speaker 10: For a year.
Speaker 1: I don't want to think about it. I'm going through it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to put this song in rotation on the stage.
Speaker 4: We just yeah, here we can. We're like random Thursdays going forward. It's just tvt so on.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian, good morning, Good morning, dude. Somehow you've been getting through this tournament on like no sleep, hanging out with celebrities, playing in your little rock and roll band. You send me a photograph. I sent it to the team. Did you get some sleep last night or do you just keep doing what you do, rock and roll all night and party every day.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. Yeah, I like it all right?
Speaker 2: Do you know that if you win today? I mean you're not settling. I know you got two hundred and fifty dollars cash already and you got tickets to the anniversary show. That's not enough for you, right?
Speaker 1: You want more?
Speaker 2: My brother, two more you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta win.
Speaker 2: You gotta win today and you gotta win tomorrow. But nobody slides. I mean, Jello doesn't slide down easier than Bobby sliding. Did you get through on open phones? When did we talk to you last week? I feel like we talked to you outside of your game.
Speaker 1: Oh that it was from.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bobby, you haven't really won on your own. You have just tripped your way through and the people you've allowed, the people to lose that you're playing against and that has advanced you.
Speaker 1: Is this gonna work? Are you nuts?
Speaker 2: Are you just letting Kenny kill himself? Are you gonna try to say your name and guess the song and the title? Or how are you playing this game?
Speaker 10: I'm saday.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's gonna get it. He's gonna do it this same, Hey, Christian, he's gonna try something different. He's gonna try to say his.
Speaker 1: Name this time. All right, we'll see. I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Him, No, I don't believe him for a second. You got three minutes and forty nine seconds to think about what you're going to do. Boys, Bobby Christian next on The Sizzler, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning. He's on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, three days, Grace Animal, I have become rod Ryan Show. Twenty percent chance of rank Cloudy's guys highs.
Speaker 1: Up around ninety one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get right into the suburb Summer Sizzler. There's only two games left. Thank you to our friends over at Sheell Federal Credit Union. Now, Tessa, you mentioned something earlier that you didn't feel like Christian was getting the respect. Right, he's here in the final four, he's got money, he's got tickets to the party.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: And when I brought him on, I described the guy from Texas or the guy from Texas City or from League City. Yes, the guy that's in the band, the guy that sent the picture to eighty one, the guy that's playing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Christian, who are you? Wait a minute, I.
Speaker 2: Can't even find him on the phone, though, hong on Christian, good morning. So when I brought you on, I set you up as Charles from League City. You're Christian from clear Lake, Christian from Christian with a King clarake. He's like, dude, I don't care what you call me, just just give me the money.
Speaker 3: I play the song.
Speaker 2: Christian, do you feel like you haven't gotten the respect for the player, for the great player that you are.
Speaker 10: I'm all right with that, though, I'm good doesn't need.
Speaker 2: It, because you're one game away from not about respect.
Speaker 1: Five thousand dollars now, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 2: It'll make me remember you if you lose to Bobby, I'll remember everything about you.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I got no problem remembering Bobby for some reason. Bobby, your phone sounds weird. Are you being a weirdo today?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hang on, maybe it's not him. Try this, Bobby, you there, yes, sir, Okay, dude, enough's enough.
Speaker 1: I want to play the game. I want to play the game. Christian.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Bobby?
Speaker 1: You ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready? All right, Christian, you got your phone sounds weird too. Let's just hope for the best.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play you the song. Alex put it in already. This is Game thirty. I play the song. I'm listening for Christian. I'm listening for Bobby. I say your name. You got three seconds to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Bobby, you good with that?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Like you care? Like you care? Okay, Christian?
Speaker 2: Are you good with that?
Speaker 10: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Let's go, okay, Alex, Game thirty, just do it. Christian will get all the respect in the world.
Speaker 1: He gets this right.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Here comes your suburb summer sizzler. Game thirty. Good luck boys, Christian.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Christian. Hey if I'm as murdered, yep, that.
Speaker 2: Was hard, Bobby, Bobby, I know you knew it.
Speaker 1: You knew it, right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 6: Bobby?
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 1: What was the song?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I can't like Bobby.
Speaker 1: I mean listen. He did what he did.
Speaker 2: He tried something.
Speaker 1: It was completely unorthodoxy.
Speaker 2: He tried to get all the way through, couldn't quite make it.
Speaker 1: Bobby.
Speaker 2: We got to think about to you the right the right. Bobby there, Bobby, are you Are you talking to somebody?
Speaker 1: Are you already over? I'm at the car shop.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get a car page.
Speaker 2: Okay, is going off?
Speaker 1: Bobby.
Speaker 2: You can tell us all about it at the anniversary show.
Speaker 4: Okay, Buddy, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I'll be.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you've done enough.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not even I'm not even inviting Dayton next year.
Speaker 1: Comes out, Christian, Well, all.
Speaker 2: Right, nothing but respect, my man. Congratulations, you're in the last game of the year, Christian, last game of the year. I don't like what's happening with your phone? Are you doing anything different? At you in a different spot today? Are you using a different phone?
Speaker 1: Talk to me? Cause I work kind of drive around in the morning.
Speaker 10: Technically I'm Apparentland right now with some crappy service.
Speaker 1: Yea's probably.
Speaker 10: I won't be here tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Okay. The service is crappy where you're at. And I just want to make sure that you know when the guy that I thought you were you play him tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're fair, all right, Christian.
Speaker 2: I got Charles in League City, I got Christian in clear Lake. Okay, Yeah, that's who's playing tomorrow for the last game of the year. For five thousand dollars. Here we go, boys. You guys have made it so much fun. Christian, whatever you did last night, do it again tonight. All right, bro, all right, buddy, all right, great job today the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: On the Buzz.
Speaker 2: It's the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Suburb Summer Sizzler. I'm loving every single matchup. I gotta say, these last maybe eight games teams have really been fun. Tomorrow is going to be amazing. League City's going to take on clear Lake for.
Speaker 1: The whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: All right, five thousand dollars. Thank you to our friends over at Sheell Federal Credit Union. We already gave out one thousand dollars to the final four people. And yeah, Bobby, Bobby, don't call next year, but you can't play.
Speaker 1: I made a final four so funny, I mean so funny.
Speaker 2: He was great, He absolutely was great. I loved it, all right. So Christian definitely gets all the respect now. Really really good player.
Speaker 1: He's earned it every single game that he's been in.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a great win tomorrow. It is going to be an awesome, awesome matchup. Tomorrow somebody that laid out the whole schedule for me. I'll all try to look.
Speaker 1: For the email.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, well, Rob, you got Wednesday is the last game of the year. And then Thursday you said you're going back to read my lips at eight twenty, which is true. He said free beer Friday. I said yeah, And then Monday ex's hammer And then he said Tuesday, can we expect pumpkins spice prices?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm like, shit, it's a little early for that. Right.
Speaker 4: People are pretending it's spooky season. There's there's a whole group of people that try and tell you it spooky season. Now, it's spooky season in October. First, all right, you can get you shut your mouth if you think spooky season. Now you buy stuff for spooky season.
Speaker 1: I don't care. It's not a spooky sea. We're gonna put your foot down.
Speaker 4: It seems a little football season. How dare you try and step over football season. I will fight you. I will fight you. I will throw football in your face.
Speaker 1: People like it.
Speaker 4: That's all of your decorations out, smash your pumpkins. It's not spooky season.
Speaker 1: You know that. Uh Somewhere somehow.
Speaker 2: In some way, when you named your kid, it went into the National Baby Registering now and they and they keep track of like what people are naming their kids. So maybe L is now registered and it's added to the other you know, they'll keep track of how many babies were named L and how many babies since they started keeping track. They have all this stuff, this National Baby Registry. It becomes public knowledge that you can find kids' names. Within the last three weeks, there have been a few kids given a name, and it's a newer name that's appeared.
Speaker 1: On the list.
Speaker 2: It sure does. There have been several babies named Demure Demure. What is going on with demure? Why would you name your kid demure.
Speaker 5: Because you want them to be mindful?
Speaker 1: You can't spell demi moore correctly.
Speaker 5: Demure, very mindful, very thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm looking at girls blog page. I got the whole Demure thing kind of explained. If you're late to it. I think everybody kind of knows of the viral video already. But to take that silly more, they'd be like naming your kid. Ain't nobody got time for that, you know what I mean? Like it's a it's a viral meme. It's a meme, it's a video, it's.
Speaker 1: A moment in time and people it's like you're naming.
Speaker 2: Your kid Haktua exactly. It's a perfect example.
Speaker 1: They're naming.
Speaker 2: There's babies that are in the official registry now Demure in the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would jump on that trend.
Speaker 2: Because of a stupid TikTok video that's like.
Speaker 3: Right there, like, hey, let's get each other's name tattooed on us?
Speaker 5: What could go wrong?
Speaker 1: Those kids are gonna grow up and they're gonna know who their parents are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hopefully Demure and all of that just some of the things that are on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: Today. Rock and.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Fighting two people to our lunatic ball. We call it the Rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party. And uh that Brent and Zach from Shine Down they're gonna be performing an acoustic set there. I took call at number ten and then I felt bad that we weren't here yesterday.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel bad, but I just said that, well.
Speaker 2: We didn't. We weren't here yesterday, so I took caller ten and eleven this morning, gave away two pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: So now we're kind of all caught up.
Speaker 2: Okay, two pair down, three to go Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Where will Chiley put those tickets tomorrow? Maybe late in the eight o'clock hour. I don't know, Like where I forgot to give away those highly suspect tickets.
Speaker 1: Maybe in that spot. It's tough.
Speaker 2: We get done with the Sizzler and I forget I get so excited because of the game, and then that giveaway suffers. I'll get you those highly suspect tickets at some point today. Plus we got nine o'clock hour. We'll get them in there somewhere. Okay, twenty percent chances of rain cloudy sky's highs of around ninety one testa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: The US has seized the plane of Venezuela President Nicholas Maduro due to a violation of sanctions. The plane was seized in the Dominican Republic effort. It was determined its acquisition was a sanction violation, and Galveston, the National Weather Service says the city had recorded five point five three inches of rainfall, and that's when there was more light rain on the forecast. The previous rainfall record for September second was four point six four inches and that was set all the way back in nineteen forty one. So Galveson broke a rainfall record for that date and street flooding was also reported in.
Speaker 1: The Moody Gardens area.
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk about weather because I know we got rain this week, but there is a heat wave that is forecast to see temperatures in the triple digits across like the West coast. Okay, so think Las Vegas, think Los Angeles. They're saying parts of the La Basin could reach one hundred and thirteen degrees, which is really really hot for them. Cutchella Valley all of that one hundred nineteen degrees. So weather is still one of the big stories as we get into this four day work week for us. Okay, have you ever done this thing where you talk about something with your friends and then boom, an ad just pops up on your phone for it? Big companies like Google and Amazon have always denied that they let companies spy on us by listening in on our conversation, but the site. Four or four Media just publish elaked memo from a large marketing company where they are bragging to their clients about a feature called the active listening. And it's not the first time they've been exposed for it. Cox Media Group actually bragged about it last year on their own website. They took the page down after people freaked out, but it looks like they're still you know, when they're pitching certain clients, they're like, oh, yeah, active listening. We know exactly how it works, that's what we do, but my.
Speaker 1: Phone is listening to us right now, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real time intent data by listening to people's conversations. They use it to pinpoint potential customers to their specific products. And yeah. The big question is like, how could this be legal? Some experts say it's not, but the marketing company thinks that as long as software companies buried in their fine print and we you know, give consent while accepting terms and conditions, that it's totally legal.
Speaker 2: Is there some hack to go turn that off? Does somebody know like some sort of a little you know, while you do this, go into settings, click assist this and this and this, and then boom there it is take that off.
Speaker 5: I'm not clear on that.
Speaker 2: I just feel like we've all accepted it because we about one hundred percent sure if it's happening. You're telling me that it is, and I believe you and I believe that it is happening. We've all talked about something. The next thing you know, you have a targeted ad on something that you just said. You didn't type it in anywhere, you didn't do anything.
Speaker 5: Grab your phone and foil does that?
Speaker 1: Does that work? Or your head? That does that work?
Speaker 5: Wrap it all in foil talking. There's put some magnets all over it.
Speaker 1: No, we're talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, Christian criminal blog page is a little uh ill. Seriously, can I get my job?
Speaker 1: Seriously? Okay.
Speaker 3: There's a porch pooper that keeps targeting the same house. Excuse me, a porch pooper. Somebody's pooping on a porch, same guy. He's in Louisville, Kentucky. He keeps pooping on the same person's porch. The local news is calling him the porch pooper. If they have called him that, he's done it twice, but he's visited the house at least three times.
Speaker 1: And the guy who lives in the house.
Speaker 3: It's like I've tried to confront him, but he's always he's already gone. His identity is not unknown, and they're like, okay, is this malicious?
Speaker 1: Did you maybe do.
Speaker 2: Something to hit his identity is unknown or not unknown?
Speaker 3: Is the porch pooper's identity was still unknown at that time.
Speaker 2: They don't know who this is yet.
Speaker 3: It's not clear if he's doing it maliciously or maybe he has some issues.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there like a woman pooping in the heights that was out running a couple of years ago and they kept and she kept like kind of crap it in the same area. Oh my gosh, yeah, just hit her in that same area.
Speaker 1: I guess. Seriously.
Speaker 3: This homeowner says he's just glad like it stops at the porch, Like the dude's not trying to break into his house.
Speaker 5: He just would like him to stop pooping on the porch.
Speaker 1: This owner would like that.
Speaker 2: The local TV station that's covering this, they blurret out, they blurret out his bottom, but they didn't blurt out what was coming out of his bottom, Like there's somebody in the editing room. I mean, you do TV, you could put that blur wherever you want. Right, they did not blur what was exiting the body. I just would like to hear the hooper. This blurt is the side of his ass.
Speaker 4: And I hear the pooper's side of things, because I feel like you don't just cereal poop on somebody's house.
Speaker 1: For oh reason.
Speaker 2: Your weirdest take today is what you just said earlier. You commented, well, what did that guy in the home do to him?
Speaker 1: I feel like he is pooping.
Speaker 2: What could you possibly do to somebody that?
Speaker 1: That's why i'd like to hear him out.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's one hundred percent justified, but I'd like to hear his take. Okay, vengeance, let's hear him out. Please don't deserve his day in court.
Speaker 2: Please don't side with the guy that's pooping on the porch.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hear why he's pooping first. Maybe it's justified. No, it's not. Let's hear him mount it's not. Does not rule anything out here yet.
Speaker 3: Fans trying to buy AWASS tickets are angry over prices reportedly going way up while they were still online after tickets were listed at one hundred and eighty bucks when logging in sometimes they more than double that check out.
Speaker 1: The British government. British government official.
Speaker 3: Said will be looking into the practice of dynamic pre because those ticket prices were basically being changed in real time as demand grew. These concert calls are waiting online for hours trying to get tickets to Oasis.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 4: What if cereal pooper was an Oasis fan trying to buy tickets but the house that he's pooping on is Ticketmaster is like CEO, it maybe is just fine.
Speaker 3: Good question because this is in Kentucky and there are a ton of Oasis fans there and everyone knows.
Speaker 1: That Ticketmaster people too.
Speaker 2: I think Uber's doing dynamic timing with me. Every time I book an Uber and it's four minutes away, and then I booked that car, oh twelve minutes, but it changes by the time. That's exactly what's happening to these people that are getting locked into these tickets.
Speaker 3: I'm the opposite. I'm like, oh, twelve minutes, it's perfect. I can still like, do my mask here, and then I press it and I'm like it's outside.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Mind's the complete opposite, is too, all right?
Speaker 4: What do you got Astros fellow the Reds yesterday five to three. They lost, snapped their five game winning streak. They're gonna have the day off before they played the Reds again tomorrow night. In college football, Bill O'Brien's Boston College Eagles upset the tenth thrank Florida State sim last night, twenty eight to thirteen. Florida State now starts the season zero and two, after coming into the season ranked tenth. On the sports blog page today, Chili added this one. I told you guys that Toby or that kyn Hobson's catch of the year already in College Football's Lockdown. Chili put on the interception of the year in College Football Week one. Already got that lockdown. It's pretty incredible too. Go check that out. Sports blog page Day all the highlights.
Speaker 9: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show, ninety five.
Speaker 1: Chemicals between us.
Speaker 2: Brod Ryan Show in the fourth and final hour together sor right, we got a lot to get to.
Speaker 1: I am going to move these high I.
Speaker 2: Forgot it's on me. I wrote it down right there. It says highly suspect Chili wrote it there, he said after the game giveaway highly suspect tickets and we didn't. So I'm gonna get to those in a second, plus your chance. So I'm gonna double down because I'm gonna give you a chance to text to win all week again, thousand dollars trip to the iHeart Music Festival. We'll get to what you need to text coming up in just a second. Nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain. Claude Skuys Today highs of around ninety one. Pumpkins spice lattes are back. Check football season this week, check big Check. Alex can get a little grumpy, but he seems to be in a pretty good mood today. College football. He says he's got the catch of the year already on his blog page. Over there got that Toby Keith video which somebody, Oh, we have somebody that has OU season tickets, and she sent me her version. I put it up on our stories on Instagram. I mean it's every angle, every angle of eighty thousand people singing Toby Keith is just amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean her seeds I think it was her. Those are awesome. So Pumpkin spice lattes back football season back Thursday, NFL Friday, Brazil, Saturday, College.
Speaker 1: Sunday, all the games, Yeah, Monday night football.
Speaker 5: You're saying you can't believe it's already September.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that it's not. I'm not a morning show television host, but nothing else to say.
Speaker 1: I really can't believe them.
Speaker 2: You know how we have the Halloween creep?
Speaker 5: Mmm?
Speaker 2: They even tried to call it summer Ween.
Speaker 1: Where Halloween? Because I did?
Speaker 2: I got an email here, there's already a couple of houses. Brad was just catching up listening to the rest of Friday show on the podcast, and you asking Tessa, when's the first house going to be seen decorated for Halloween? Dude, my neighborhood as one house that's been decorated already. I noticed it this week. It's crazy. I'm a homeroom listener for the first half hour three days a week mostly, then I catch up on the full show on the podcast after work. The other two days when I work from home, I'm a full show listener. I hope you have a good Labor Day weekend. So Kristen said that there was a house fully decorated and say where, So there's that creep. The other creeping thing that they say is it's the creeping of cuffing season. Oh, cuffing season traditionally hasn't started until October, oftentimes referred to as October on this show.
Speaker 1: Ibbob'll just say that.
Speaker 2: I never got the cuffing season thing. I never understood it. It was never anything that I needed to lock somebody in during the holidays. It goes from October, and I guess the thought was it gets colder outside not so much here, and you got all these holidays and you don't want to go through the holidays alone. So cuffing season is October all the way to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't get the cuffing thing. It wants to buy extra presents for somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely not like fiscally responsible if you want to just add someone to all those holidays and then introduce them to your family, which right then you're gonna have to explain it in summer, like why they're not fair?
Speaker 1: Am I missing something about cuffing?
Speaker 4: I think so. What I think it is is like I have been in a very committed relationship very long time, but I'm not good being by myself.
Speaker 1: I would get very lonely, so I can.
Speaker 4: I feel like you guys are very fre okay being by yourselves, and like if you're not, though, you're like, I don't want to. I want to be by myself for like the holidays, Like I need to have somebody tied to, And like, I think there's I think there's a panic that goes through some people and that's why you start cuffing. So you're like, maybe I don't want the attack, but yeah, but you're fine being that way. Yeah, not knocking either side, but I think there are people that panic that I can't be by myself, not out of somebody that I can talk to and I'm affectionate towards and like maybe not even introducing him to your family, but you have somebody that, like you can the holiday break if it's college.
Speaker 2: But telling me that cuffing season is going early, Just get into a relationship and get it over with. Don't worry about what time of year it is, Okay, Like, oh, we're gonna go early on cuffing this year.
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Just get in a relationship and then dump them the day after Valentine's Day and you just redo that thing over and over again. The cuffing season thing again. It's silly to me, but it's big enough that it's a thing. It's a thing, the fact that it's going early. Just get into a damn relationships they in it.
Speaker 1: Just be coupled up.
Speaker 2: Just just do it.
Speaker 3: Rod encourages you to do that. Get in there, guys, we're out there.
Speaker 1: It's time to find.
Speaker 2: It's time to start finding your person if you don't want to hibernate alone. But some folks need a few pointers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give us the pointers.
Speaker 2: It's just no, it's the dumb we would all be dumb.
Speaker 1: One give me a pointer.
Speaker 2: Be friendly, not flirty to start. I'm out one good rule of thumb. If you wouldn't be comfortable saying the same thing to a man you've never met before, then don't say it to a woman.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 1: How do you like that?
Speaker 3: You almost didn't read that.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: Give me one. I'm glad you got that one out of the list.
Speaker 2: You said, do you have a boyfriend? Should not be the first words out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Okay, another great tip.
Speaker 2: Happy early cuffing season caller ten right now? Okay, highly suspect November eighth, buy you City Music Center. Okay, I've got a pair of tickets for you right now, I'm required. Well, maybe this is your opener. Hey, I got some tickets to highly suspect. Would you like to go to a concert with me?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 2: Is that creepy?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Is that creepy? As somebody to a guy? Also Rod? Yes, I would okay, no use your rules.
Speaker 3: You remember look at the sheet?
Speaker 1: Hey, you got a boyfriend? When to go to a show with me? Also a guy? All right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Highly suspect color ten seven one, three, two and two five nine four five? And then if you want to do the texting thing here listen listening ninety four or five the bus, Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Oh Meghan lucked out? Megan, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: Hey how are you?
Speaker 4: I am great?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: Guys? I'm all right.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to give away these tickets. What about eight thirty five, eight forty I was supposed to give the tickets away?
Speaker 1: It's nine twenty four?
Speaker 2: Uh your callor ten?
Speaker 1: So my screw up? My screw up?
Speaker 2: Is is your victory? Highly Suspect November eighth, by you.
Speaker 1: Music Center?
Speaker 4: Awesome?
Speaker 1: That is awesome, all right, you're gonna Have you seen them live?
Speaker 12: I have not.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: Oh they're so good live. They're so great.
Speaker 2: Okay, Megan, thank you. Hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So we gave everything away that we said we were going to. We still have Whitney Cummings tickets. She's playing the seven, one and three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: That might be this weekend. So it's awesome. Yeah, she is very funny. We'll have tickets for you on know the show. But first.
Speaker 6: Online, it's Alex online.
Speaker 2: You got a few things we gotta do like this, Alex, Hi, Hello, you're online.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 4: Today's al is sent to me by listener Doug. If you want to send me in AOL that tickets you're fancy and you think might be a good AOL for the day, Alex at thebuzz dot com. But I believe we've used this before, but this is a good one. It's a binge calculator. So if somebody's been telling you to watch the show you haven't watched, like I just don't have the time, you can go and type in the show how many seasons of the show you need to watch, and they'll tell you how long it would take you.
Speaker 1: To watch that totally? Could you do it on the fly? So right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for an example, I looked at the Bear. It would take you fourteen hours. If somebody's been like you, yo, dude, why don't you watch the bear? It's only fourteen hours.
Speaker 1: You can watch the Bear in fourteen hours, all of it, all three seasons, three seasons. Okay, so what do you what do you want to know?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that the second season of House of Dragons. I haven't started it yet.
Speaker 5: Dragons seven hours, right.
Speaker 1: Those are hour long episodes, and how many episodes are there? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't start it yet. I like the first one, not as good as Game of Thrones.
Speaker 6: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: House of the Dragon. Yeah. I don't even know the name of it, so it would just be one season of it. That's where the girl is banging her. It will take you.
Speaker 4: Three hours and twenty seven minutes right now, three hours, three hours, twenty seven minutes to watch the second season.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's only three episodes out there, I guess. So, oh okay, then I'm not so far behind them.
Speaker 4: House the Dragons bit, yeah, okay, to go check it out and see how long it would take you to binge.
Speaker 1: Any show you can add up a bunch of them too.
Speaker 4: So if somebody's like, hey, you haven't watched The Sopranos or The Wire, you can see how long it would take them.
Speaker 1: Did you try? Did you try the Sopranos? The Sopranos I finally finished it, you did?
Speaker 2: I can say that I watched the Sopranos now. It's pretty great, though, right, it was awesome. It was awesome. Not as good as Breaking Bad, No, I don't think so. I think Breaking Bad might be the best TV show of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if you watched all six seasons of The Sopranos, it would take you three days, two hours and thirty one minutes.
Speaker 1: No sleep, no sleep, watch it all the way through, but God. Check out in the Binge calculator at the World Finish rod Ryan showpage at the bus dot com.
Speaker 9: Twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with no roun Ryan Show only ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz ninety four five the Bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, rock it out with stained and lowest than me. It's Tattooesday. That is our Instagram feature today. I came in with six picks this morning because that was my assignment. I understood the assignment. I don't know I've been criticized for forgetting six picks or not coming through with six picks. I came through with like ten picks today. I think it was eleven or twelve, and Chili just left a few off because he got pissed off at me. But I got plenty of picks for you. So I got six picks plus today. I don't know if any other one I know a bunch of listeners.
Speaker 1: Took six picks. You gotta catch Chili in a good mood for those.
Speaker 2: You gotta catch him in a good mood if he's gonna post those I saw, I saw at least three of you guys take the time to go and take your six picks.
Speaker 1: What's he doing with those just looking at him?
Speaker 3: Whatever he wants?
Speaker 2: What is he doing with those who did? I say, Ashley with and I took six picks sentiment?
Speaker 3: She I feel like every week has been pretty consistent with her six picks.
Speaker 2: What Josh Trees he send him in every week? Nursey, Josh Trees really hoping you get up because he bought a new car.
Speaker 1: He wants to show Dallas Daniel he has.
Speaker 2: That's right, Hey, Chili, what's up man? Anybody else's six picks going anywhere?
Speaker 12: I have in trouble with the web right now? Yeah, I mean, you know, this internet stuff is crazy.
Speaker 1: It took the time to go and take six Picks to share their lives with us. I am happy for them.
Speaker 12: You know what, I'm gonna see if fucking if my internet starts sporting again, I'll put him on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Did you did you put up a list of Tom Hanks? We haven't talked about it?
Speaker 1: Is Tom Hanks?
Speaker 2: The best movies that Tom Hanks ever made up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the website. Guests Tom, It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Tom Hanks has made fifty three live action movies, insane non cartoons.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot. I mean, what a career.
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 3: Our greatest actor, the greatest stunt man that does his own stunts?
Speaker 6: Just do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does his own stuff, Tom Cruise?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, who did you say?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Tom Hanks, I'm talking about Oh Tom Hanks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's my Yeah, he's for sure my favorite actor.
Speaker 2: Is here a greatest actor of all time?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: For yeah, for me, I don't know about you. How do you guys feel? He might be? He's so good, he might be Borcet.
Speaker 3: Gump is best movie ever made? Like it's up there for me.
Speaker 1: It's not nice.
Speaker 2: It's not his number one movie according to this list of what they did is and I like it. Esquire magazine ranked all fifty three top Hanks movies. Saving Private Ryant number one.
Speaker 1: Okay, really it's Saving by Ryan Chorst. Gump one too. No, really no, and.
Speaker 2: Again I don't think they're wrong.
Speaker 3: Castaway, No, not.
Speaker 1: Apollo thirteen, Juicies with Maury or whatever? Which is here?
Speaker 2: You'll never guess it. It's Captain Phillips.
Speaker 1: That's not the second best movie.
Speaker 2: His acting in that movie, in the scene alone where he finally makes it and they rescue your ham and it's based on a true story, just like Sully was based on a true story.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like one of those stories.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the exact but I mean he gets rescued by the Navy seal team.
Speaker 1: They pa public.
Speaker 2: Start taking people out right around him, and people are dying all around him, and they get him back on the boat. The scene the best acting that Tom Hanks has ever done is when he goes into shock and they're asking what's your name, where you're from, and they're cutting his clothes off and he's just losing it. It's the greatest piece of acting I've ever seen in my life. I mean, that's Gary Oldman, that's everybody. It's the greatest acting I've ever seen, just that one scene. The movie's really really good.
Speaker 3: So you're on par with this list. You think two is okay.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with Captain Phillips being in it too. Apollo thirteen is three, Big is in it four. He was really young in that, but you just knew he was going to be special. So I like the placement of that. That goes back to nineteen eighty eight. Splash, I don't put up and Splash is not top five.
Speaker 3: This is insane to be snubbed as Forrest Gump in the top five.
Speaker 2: That is for Forrest Gumps in at six.
Speaker 5: That I think they put it right at six to piss everyone off.
Speaker 1: Was crazy. Castaway at eight.
Speaker 2: Nobody said Castaway, I said Castaway.
Speaker 1: You thought it was too the acting that he had to do himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole movie nobody to riff off of except a volleyball. You know, so again this guy has just done things where he's shown like how what an amazing.
Speaker 1: Actor he is.
Speaker 3: He's always challenging himself.
Speaker 2: League of their Own, I know, is a favorite of view movie, Got Mail. They came in at nine and The Post came in at ten. When I go looking at this thing, I realized there's a ton of Tom Hanks movies that I've never seen.
Speaker 3: Same not so, I've never seen that Captain Phillips sing.
Speaker 2: And there's a ton of Tom Hanks movies that are big that I've never seen.
Speaker 3: In your in the one book you read, wasn't he in the book?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Angels and Demons?
Speaker 2: Demons and uh da Vinci code yep. League of their Own?
Speaker 1: The Post. I never saw Charlie Wilson's War.
Speaker 11: I know it.
Speaker 1: I know that there's a Texas connection.
Speaker 2: I never saw it. Okay, you're gonna be amazed catch if you can never saw it.
Speaker 5: That's to Leonardo Dicaeprio, right, it's not his best movie.
Speaker 1: It's a good one. It came in at number twelve. I probably saw Sleepless in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Oh, him as the colonel in the Elvis movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. He was so creepy. I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: But he's creepy.
Speaker 2: I didn't like him narrating the whole movie. I didn't like the accent that he made up for it. I didn't like any of it. And you're talking about a guy that I just said is our best actor. That one that one fell flatform in Hooch Joe versus the Volcano. Okay, nobody mentioned Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that one's great.
Speaker 2: Did you want an oscar for that?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: To me is top five material.
Speaker 1: It's just I know all these movies.
Speaker 2: Road to Perdition, never saw it.
Speaker 1: I just never saw it.
Speaker 2: I can't find Oh Green Mile.
Speaker 1: I forgot he was in dam there you go. That Thing You Do was his movie?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bachelor Party in at number twenty five. You know what I haven't seen yet. Okay, So I just told you about the greatest acting moment of Tom Hanks's career right in the movie Captain and Phillips. The second greatest moment in Tom Hanks's career comes to us from the movie The Money Pit.
Speaker 1: You Gotta wait for It so good.
Speaker 3: I had never heard that reference until I started working on the show.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what the hell is that from?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is so awesome. It is so awesome.
Speaker 2: Alright, well, we got a list up of all the Tom Hanks movies. Wow, I need to catch up on a few of them. So Ron Ryan Show, we need more laughs on the.
Speaker 1: How's that movie on.
Speaker 2: The Buzz you know, ninety four five, The Buzz Foo Fighters and All My Life. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. We're getting ready to wrap things up here. Of course we got to get in to know the show. We got a great ticket for you. But Alex was asking me some questions about like who would rival Tom Hanks because we got that list up.
Speaker 1: It's the they've ranked every single Tom.
Speaker 2: Hanks live action movie. He's made, fifty three of them, a couple that I've never heard of before. I mean, and they're not old either. In twenty fifteen, he made a movie called Ithaca Anyone, Nope, any one in New York.
Speaker 6: I know that is?
Speaker 2: He made the year after a movie called Inferno twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Don't know it. I forgot he was in that bomber Pinocchio. He played Geppetto, didn't he it was bad?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: In that gear mode Del Toro's general.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 5: Because that was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Actually that came in on his So he made fifty three movies, your great movie fifty two. He only made one worst movie, So what are you looking at?
Speaker 4: I just because Tom Eggs is like the only guy I can think of right now that people would say, like, yeah, in my generation, woul probably Tom Hanks.
Speaker 1: But I just googled best actors.
Speaker 4: Of all time and it was like Marlon Brando and James Dean popped up. And that's why I was like, James has been in like a handful of movies, not a handful.
Speaker 2: Three three fingers of your hand. He made, he made He made exactly three movies.
Speaker 1: Way before my time.
Speaker 2: But he was supposed just phenomenal in those three movies. But come on, three movies. He's not the greatest actor of all time.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: He's forever young. He's he's that eternal teenager or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: People see him a certain way, and he never aged, so he never had a bomb.
Speaker 1: He had amazing movies.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Marlon Brando is the other one. I'm from Godfather. I'm a little young for Marlon Brando. Just reading when it's got you got Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert de Niro, Denzel Washington, Daniel day Lewis, Christian Bale, Anthony Hopkins, Jack Nicholson. He's are not in order or anything, but I was just trying to think of who in our generation would it be.
Speaker 1: I guess Leo would probably be the closest Leo to me. Daniel da Lewis is the greatest actor ever.
Speaker 3: Denzel Washington, you have to, I feel, put his name in the conversation.
Speaker 1: He'll tell you to put his name on that list.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you then he would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, King Kong has nothing on him.
Speaker 1: Is that what he says? Yeah, No, he's really good.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 1: He is really good. But he wants to be on those lists. He wants to. He'll let you know if he's not.
Speaker 2: Daniel da Lewis for me and maybe.
Speaker 1: Gary Oldman, Harry old Carry Oldman. Is he just the range? Yes, he is on this the range that he has.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about what you have for another show.
Speaker 3: So there are a pair of tickets to see committed comedian Whitney Cummings live this Saturday, Et seven one, three years a call.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll have tickets for you on the flip Tessa, we'll have a question about today's.
Speaker 8: Show Rock and Alternative where he used to the Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the Bus.
Speaker 1: Eighty four to five the bus. Okay, guys, this is it. It's the last segment of the show. We call it know the show, l l l LA. We got silly music for it, of course we do. It's this show. We have silly music for everything.
Speaker 2: Whitney Cummings will be in town on Saturday seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: If you'd like a pair of tickets. Listen to Tessa.
Speaker 2: She's going to ask you a question about something that was said or happened today on the show.
Speaker 6: What you Got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we did a lot of talk about glizzies and how some of us eighth glease summits in. But then we talked about a guy who chugged twenty four ounces of something in the ten seconds. He won the chugging competition. He got like one hundred dollars gift card. But what did he chug twenty four ounces of in just ten seconds?
Speaker 1: This makes me barfeet, It really does.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two two four five.
Speaker 6: If you know the show, we are always just a few clicks away.
Speaker 1: It's about the Gold Doctor.
Speaker 9: Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five The Buzz on our Heart radio.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, tattouesday, twenty percent chance of rain cloude Sky's Today Hive around ninety one. All right, let's go, come on please now, time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's this who? Anthony? How many hot dogs did you eat this Labor Day weekend?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No hot dogs, no murder.
Speaker 2: You were on the chili You're on the Chili Plan. Chili Chili Dog known as Chili Dog didn't have any hot dogs. Everyone else on the hot everyone else had a hot dog here on the show. All right, nothing for you, Anthony. Um, you are caller ten though, so you got through another show, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me what did a dude chug four ounces of in ten seconds?
Speaker 2: Disgusting? Absolutely disgusting. Anthony, you're the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 3: You get a pair of tickets to see Whitney Cummings. Very funny comedian. She'll be at seven one through Music Hall September seventh.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thanks all right, way to go, my man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being a part of the show. Anthony, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: There's a video of.
Speaker 2: Him chugging on the It's the first link on the food blog Pacee today, which a few of you went to go and check out.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at what you guys were looking at online.
Speaker 2: And that's good. I mean, obviously it's hard to compete with that damn Instagram feature.
Speaker 1: My six picks were number one today. Nice six picks, baby, nice saxe, because maybe we should increase it to ten picks.
Speaker 2: Kidding, that was a joke. You should have seen the devil. You should have seen the daggers. I just got thrown at me. Cody became the ninth member of the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head Hall of Fame. He beats Kevin So kind of a cool game, kind of a weird Monday game for a Tuesday Morning tat Tuesday number two link today. Rod's six hundred picks were number one. It says six hundred, that's not true. Did take a few Sunrise picks here. Tom Hanks movie list.
Speaker 1: Everyone's chime. We should have spent more time in that Tom Hanks list. People wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: That for sure. Clear Lake beat Bobby, So clear Lake takes on Charles from League City.
Speaker 1: The final game is tomorrow. That's it.
Speaker 2: Suburb of Summer Sissler comes to an end tomorrow at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: Chase and Vice on the closing Seminari's following tomorrow's show, is that what we're doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bring it in somebody bag, you bring it in somebody big to play working on it. Jeremy too many glizzies. Reno's in for him. Yeah, guzzied out, too many Glizzies.
Speaker 1: Jeremy down NonStop.
Speaker 2: Nooner with Reno. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Tell him I said that he's got to give away tickets to the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave that for Reno. I haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: We need golf tournament. We need sponsors, we need volunteers, we need auction items. Okay, I need whole sponsors and all kinds of sponsorship, even though the tournament itself is sold out.
Speaker 1: I need sponsors. Okay.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show follow us on all socials tests. On Houston Life Today, it says two o'clock.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, now that'll be one pm.
Speaker 1: Okay. On KPRC two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna be late, it says, okay, so at one pm, she's gonna be on. That's right, all right, that's it, all right, Reno, come on in, man and get it done. Chili, thanks for posting all those pictures today.
Speaker 1: He only yelled at me ten times.
Speaker 2: All right, we're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a big one tomorrow. Kids, A m app.
Speaker 6: Annoying.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't that fun.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 10: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.