Speaker 1: I wasn't sleeping or eating well. I just wasn't feeling myself. I was chatting to some friends and one of them suggested I check out VHI Women's Health Clinic. I saw their Women's Health GP, who connected me with a health coach for my sleep and diet and a psychologist for support. I was so relieved to have all these services in arms.
Speaker 2: Reach VHI, because your health means everything.
Speaker 3: On day three of leftovers for lunch, have a day off.
Speaker 4: Switch it up with a double cheeseburger for three euro fifty on the McDonald's You're a Saber.
Speaker 3: Menu leftovers left the chat talk.
Speaker 4: About save satisfaction.
Speaker 3: Sir fum eleven am.
Speaker 4: Price of participation may vary vis apply to delivery orders subject to availability.
Speaker 3: Man like this man letting butterfly leaven and way big then in a forced Man and Gon call it a tree fall leven by a mile away.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You nobody see nobody.
Speaker 4: Else you see.
Speaker 3: You don't need no man.
Speaker 4: You followed another and you.
Speaker 3: Got back to back. That was the way, man go back.
Speaker 4: A night on the panel, Lee, welcome back to the Jay Burton Show. How are you doing man?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. I appreciate you having me back on Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm glad to have you on you. You started a substack, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I haven't launched anything on it. Yeah that right now. I just wanted to just get it set up initially.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'll probably start adding to it the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, yeah, the uh the substack algorithm is is narrowly tailored. Because I think it showed me that like sixty seconds after you posted it. I'm like, yeah, thank you, substack. This is what I care about. Yeah, I love it. Was surprised it seems to just be rage baiting me. Uh, which incidentally is how we ended up with the uh with the topic of this stream. Uh, Lee, I only bring you on to discuss the most aeradite, uh intelligent subjects, right uh gun autism, uh, the Italians and uh you know, I think you and I both have an appreciation for just uh you know, the best, our best and brightest minds, right you know, twenty per century progressives. Uh. I've got a question because I always see you interacting with these people. Are where do you find them? Because I follow like probably four hundred of these accounts on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. They just kind of, uh, come upon, uh, come upon my my Twitter feed. From time to time, I will seek out something that is juicy enough to like quote tweet or something like that. That's probably what does it. It's a I'm sure it's a Nikita Boer x AI algorithm thing that's just designed to team me up, you know, to quote tweet progressive.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that, did you do the the analytics before they shut down Rock where it would tell you all of your internal tags on.
Speaker 3: X Yeah, you know, it was all like this guy like ninety percent, like real, real weather machine stuff, and you know, I don't know. I I saw people kind of spurging out about it's not real, like you're an idiot, you know, and it's like, well, you know, I don't know. I understand that there are people who cannot parse data. Generically in the age of AI, it becomes you know, difficult for like Facebook boomers to not you know, for them to realize that like this video of a seven hundred pound guy like rescuing a puppy while skydiving or something is AI. You know, the entire Twitter experience at this point is owned by x AI, and like the algorithm and the analytics and all that type of stuff is very heavily involved with the use of grock and so well, obviously it just kind of looks like a random and generic Jason output. It's probably like directionally true that some of the some of the algorithm is running off of you know, old school like like earlier AI ADL you know style guardrails, and so even if it's not specifically true, I do think it's probably directionally true that many of us are still kind of rate limited by the AI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it was. It was interesting as well to see the map of both the tags, right, like what you were associated with, yeah, but also what your what your crimes were, right, So in my case it's all association. You know, It's like I don't actually say anything, so there's nothing to be to be garnered there. But you look at that and you're like, all right, okay, so that's the that's the standard against which you're judged. But anyway, we're not just here to complain about social media. We're here to read an article actually that I believe my wife found first. And this this is a very funny article. It's easy to forget that Stubzac despite being a free speech site, is primarily made up of the most irritating progressives in the world. You just never see them, and so I don't really know anything about this guy John Fugel Sang, although he seems to be writing quite a lot about the separation of Church and state. Right, he wrote this book, the Separation of Church and Hate, which is you know, brother, come on, yeah. So he starts off with two quotes, you know, one one from the Gospels and another one from George Washington. Late you could could you read the attribution to George Washington.
Speaker 3: That's good, George Washington, Kamma, who owned people?
Speaker 4: But I mean, sure, dude, whatever. The big picture on this is that you already know what this guy's saying, right. He's going after you know, vaguely defined you know, Christian nationalists, whatever that means, throwing in things that don't necessarily make sense. It's just kind of the general pastiche of the right. But it is pretty funny, right, It's like read at Atheism in the Ear of Our Lord twenty twenty six. Addition, we're staying on brand because a large portion of this is airing his family's dirty laundry perfect where we get into both Catholic racial politics, which I don't tend to understand, and also making fun of h Italian New Yorkers, which you know is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I'm always down for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. By the way, just to just to tease it, man, it's any directions you're you're probably not expecting, right, so he starts off. I like to begin and end these comments on Christian prejudice by telling you a bit about my paternal grandfather. Grandfather was a guy named Leonard sometimes went by Lenny, a real old school Brooklyn guy with an accent you know you hear nowadays only in old movies. He said things like cockroach and pronounced Broadway broad Way. He was a house painter who painted the homes of several famous people. Later, as my grandmother's health declined, my grandparents moved in near to US Long Island and became regular parts of our lives. Leonard was kind and warm, and he dutally cared for my grandmother. He was also a prejudiced, working class white guy from Brooklyn and bigoted against many type of people. It was from him that I learned uh and I'll let you read this lee as a resident met that's good.
Speaker 3: There's three things here. The Blacks cause all the crime. They quoting the article here, of course, did Jews kill Jesus Christ? And depotter Rickens take all the jobs.
Speaker 4: So we're starting off here through three.
Speaker 3: Like okay, before we go any further at best, we're looking at two out of three here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like one of these is I mean, that's pretty insutable. It's cut off to you wish one, but like we're ready. We ran the data on this, you know, it wasn't the Romans idea. So yeah, he keeps going on. Uh boy, just kind of thither. But he was also a devout Catholic who never missed Mass. But even at my church, my grandfather found ways to discriminate. He would receive communion wafers only from an actual priest and staunchly refused to take bread and wine from any plain clothes eucharistic ministers, including my dad if he were in line for communion, and Grandpa would see a civilian not a priest, which, by the way, the phrasing on that's very odd. Dispensing the host of his line, he'd abruptly switch lines to make sure he received from the real deal. I only take the Holy Eucharist from a Catholic priest, he'd tell me. Uh again, which is just like this is his own grandfather. I swear in my memory he called it the Holy Uterus. Uh, it's just rude to a dead guy who you're related to. But I actually don't understand. Uh, the the intricacies of that is that some sort of controversy, right, who you receive communian from?
Speaker 3: I am I'm not a Catholic, uh like despite no, just despite my Mediterranean roots.
Speaker 4: That's going to be awkward. Yeah, podcast, I really based this on assuming that you were Catholic and from New York, because you said once you were kind of Italian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I am a I am a Protestant, so.
Speaker 4: Much like much like this masterpart, his grandfather just making rod racial categorizations. Yeah, that's the fourth one, the blacks cause all the crime, all the Catholics are at Italian.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, but I don't understand why this guy would take issue with what his grandfather is doing here, Like I don't, like, you know, I don't know, I do not take communion from a pastor like only But it doesn't seem crazy to me for a Catholic guide to you know, expect that I don't know.
Speaker 4: It seems like a relatively reasonable thing. It also seems unrelated to SBC. Here a photo of Jesus Saves with the entire KKKA in front of it. Who you know, look like, I don't pretend to be a historian in the organization. But they didn't like Catholics. That's sort of part of their thing. Yeah, this is sort of a broad pastiche of everyone I don't like is exactly the same, and they're all retarded, which love Like, is this sort of analysis that I'm a big fan of when it's me doing it? Yeah, but uh from a failed serious XM radio host, it's somewhat hard to take the take the criticism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is uh okay. I like the idea that white supremacy exists on a spectrum, that's a historical that's an interesting, you know, interesting thing to say. I guess that. I mean, it's fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so a lot of this is just kind of general bloviating. Right, he's not a very good writer, for instance, like he's which is a minor thing, but like you actually see it here, right, both starting two paragraphs in sequence with the same word, and also starting things constantly with butt or and the M dash by the way video viewers may have picked this out, really leads me to believe that he used to a I to help him write this, because no human being uses that many M dashes.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, and this does seem like kind of dog shit writing. When the first thing that you highlighted where it said that his grandfather's name was Leonard and he also sometimes went by Lenny, it's like, yeah, man, did you need to add that on?
Speaker 4: Like this is sort of self explanatory, right, Like you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't notice you couldn't have referred to him as Lenny later in the paragraph and.
Speaker 4: Just we could fill it in. Yeah. Yeah, his Christian name was Michael, but everyone knew him as Yeah.
Speaker 3: His friends called him like okay, thanks man. This is you know, powerful writing, you know.
Speaker 4: So he goes through this kind of you know, uh, vague history of quote unquote white supremacy which is attached to Christianity. He never actually proves this right. He talks about, you know, how how white supremacist violence is tied to those who quote serve Christian values. He talks about the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing, the Charleston Church massacre, and the Unite the Right rally, which, like, I mean, look, I don't pretend to be the biggest Dylan Roof fan, but like you know, that seems to be a certainly a one sided reading, right of his motivations. But there's there's other just very stupid poor writing mistakes, like this section where he says, but all forms of white supremacy m dash the belief in the superiority of white people over others.
Speaker 3: Like oh, thanks, yeah, yeah, I was wondering if you know where that was going to come in. That's yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 4: So and this is a really interest point, right because I'm sure you've seen the memely right that it's not happening. Maybe it's happening. It is happening. It's actually a good thing for sure, right, because he talks a lot about the whole you will not replace us chant, right, the you know this thing that they said at Unite the Right, but also the big scary uh you know, replacement theory. You know, a great replacement if you will keep that in mind, because in the conclusion we see that exact same meme, right, come back around. So he goes through right, the the idea of you know, Africans being descended from him, right, and in fact he blames this for slavery. Right. He says, this is the whole reason people invented slaves because of the Bible. Uh. Lee, I don't assume that you're an expert on the subject of slavery, but can you think of any society that had slavery and didn't have the Bible? H?
Speaker 3: Well, uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one or two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it seems uh, you know, I don't think it's Sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm.
Speaker 3: The thing of slavery like that for for listeners who are not seeing this, that this headline is in like a like a bold section heading, it says slavery comma with ham.
Speaker 4: Uh sorry, that's so.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just cycling through a rolex of like racial puns about food that black people like to eat.
Speaker 4: It rights itself at a certain point, you know, you're like, it's like if you're you're playing some sort of net sport, right, like a friend of the show car Camp, you know, he plays volleyball and it's just a lob right like right over there, and so you almost feel bad, right for just smashing a line drive or whatever, because it's too easy. You know, it's just right, it's it's a layup, right, You almost feel low for kind of stooping to that. Right, So, for instance, they go through this kind of very reddit point, like even in all caps the debunking where to begin. So they go through the kind of again very shall we say, inconsistent argument here. There's a very interesting point, right, because again you'll notice that the terms of who we don't like is constantly shifting. Right, we talked about Catholics at the beginning, we don't like them. They talked about the KKK. Okay, I guess those are the same thing. But and look, I don't want to insult any of my LDS viewers. There's a whole digression on Mormons, and at this point, right, these are like three completely differ emploints on the map. But this guy really doesn't like his grandpa and kind of just associates anyone he doesn't like, right with his grandpa seems to think, Yeah, it's very much the whole like Anarco fatherlessness to me, right, I don't think this guy's an anarchist, right, But it's the you know, leftist politics is just a rejection of first God then my dad. Right. So yeah, again going through the kind of you know, the history of like the LDS stuff, right where Mormons believe that the mark of Cain meant Black's skin. I don't pretend to know anything about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's also that's a common mistranslation the like I've looked into this, and the Greek like like the original Greek often gets curtailed at the end. They're talking about the mark of Caine's chicken, meaning if you go to a Cane's chick, it gets it gets truncated when you translate it to English. But in Greek it's it's very obvious.
Speaker 4: The guy who started that gas station chicken restaurant is like, guys, I've got a great idea that's been sitting here for thousands of years just on the ground. I mean, look, I'm not too proud to admit it's sometimes gas station fried Chicken's pretty great, like you know what, like sometimes it hits the spot. It's it's not it's not high culture. Uh, but I would feel a little bit uncomfortable, you know, bringing that into a scholarly discussion on why my dad or why my grandpa sucks and I'm glad he died. You know, I think that it's perhaps best to leave that out. But you know what, this man swinging for the fences on his retarded Italian Catholic debt grandfather.
Speaker 3: Well, that's really what this is, is that it's just it is swinging for the fences. And just like I don't, I don't know, I don't, I don't know who this person is. But this is bad writing, and it's a retarded premise, and it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with anything. This is basically like a cover letter for him trying to get hired at some type of think tank or something like that. Like this is this is basically just him accepting, in so many words, accepting, you know, the invite to to Shabbat dinner at the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 4: And really the reason I've been skipping over most of this is that, genuinely most of this is just flawed, doesn't actually need to be there. It's just kind of a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is all I mean, what what are we what do we got here? A core element of Christian nationalism?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is the meat of it, right, This is this is the meat. This is getting to the it is happening, and it's actually a good thing. Right. The thing that I told you to stop being worried, to stop worrying about is actually awesome. I like it, and you should just die. This is basically the conclusion all of this other stuff is just him chronicling people he doesn't like who have said things that don't align with kind of modern progressive sensibilities and painting them all. Whether you know eighty five IQ Catholic house painters from Brooklyn that the Klan, Dylan Rufe, Jerry Folwell or Mormons as the same thing. Right, this is really just just guilt by association, right, just kind of tarring and feathering people by bringing up the sort of figures that are unpopular with the dozens of people who read this. Right and again, this term Christian nationalism again, it is sort of an empty signifier. Right. It basically just means everyone I don't like, so going into this and this I will well read a little bit more. Right. A core element of Christian nationalism is the myth that America was founded as a deeply Christian nation. And yeah, we may have dabbled in a little ethnic cleansing, some random occasional slavery, and some barely their segregation, but that doesn't matter in our golden imagined past. So look like everything after the yeah is one very painful millennial writing two. Sorry, America was founded as a deeply Christian nation, like the whole, like Christian nationalism, religion isn't really might be, but like it was illegal to commit blasphemy right like this this is not some like myth.
Speaker 3: Right if someone like anytime someone tells you that America you know, does not like was not a Christian nation or was not founded with like that in mind, or that this was not the prevailing sentiment of the era, or any anytime someone is saying that, I mean, you can pretty much just write off everything that they're saying because it's just not true. It's just like okay, like you're you're setting this up like you were trying to, you know, work a premise here that is you know, not historically correct, because like you're trying to launder this. You you presume that no matter what you say, you know, I'm going to support George Washington. And therefore, if you make it sound like George Washington was actually George Floyd. I will suddenly start liking George Floyd. This this is the same thing that people do. They do this for, like the free market. Any anytime you get some like homosexual at the Cato Institute telling you that, uh, you know, actually Ben Franklin would want this chicken factory that employs your entire family to be shut down and reopened under Indian management with Haitian migrants. Uh don't don't you believe in the free market? Like this is this has been Shapiro telling you that, well, maybe you need to move out of your hometowns and accept that there's no economic opportunity because you're you know, you have been replaced by foreigners. Like it's like, okay, man, like just shut up. Like what you are doing is lying when you say that America was you know, not a Christian nation at its founding, and that the the you know, the the founders and the men who wrote the Declaration of Independence and right you know, the Constitution and all this stuff there. Really it was more of a you know, more of a loose conglomeration of you know, intellectual dark Web guys who just really really liked having libertarian debate. It's like, no, you should delete your account if that's like, like, if that's what you really think, Like if you think that earnestly, you're retarded, and so I don't want to talk to you. And if you're expecting me to think that earnestly or asking me to come around on that, then you're a snake and I don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Well and again, right, you see this sort of facade of dialogue, right, this idea that this is some sort of genuine conversation. We're bringing some semblance of argument to the debate. It's not. He just hates you when he wants you to go away. That's really what it comes down to, Like all of this other stuff. The reason I skipped over it is because it doesn't matter. He's just throwing out random fact whips. They're unrelated to the actual meat of his article. I guess it is like what you used to do in school, right, where like, oh shoot, I have to write an eight page paper, so let's just like rephrase Wikipedia for six of them, you know, and then just like do something at the end, and what's the especially interesting And this will come up in a little bit is the inability of the left wing mind to realize they are in charge or they are in the ascendant in every way. Right, they constantly have to cast themselves as the victims. Right, even when this article phrased in kind of like, you know, disruptive or rebellious tone is quite literally something you could have written forty years ago and effectively receive no pushback for. This is the posturing as brave while repeating the same values of literally any institution in the country. Yeah, you know, which, honestly might be the thing I find most irritating about progressives. Right, They're getting to sort of burn the candle at both ends, right of getting pretend to play as a radical while having the same politics as vanguard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: So carrying on. I hope I'm not spoiling anything here, But most Christians racists don't think their views are problematic, Lee, do you feel that your views are problematic? I do not. I that this guy's right so well.
Speaker 3: But again, in this in the same way that like, uh, in the same way that someone might say, you know, my grandfather the name was Leonard, but sometimes he went by Lenny, they also say, well, you're not gonna believe this, But the people who believe something else think it's okay to believe that.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, no, shit, man, yeah exactly if they if they thought they were wrong, they'd be on your side, right.
Speaker 3: Of course, right, you know, it's like, yeah, man, you're not gonna believe it. But the people who fill trash bags with cosmetics and CBS and go walking out in the middle of the day wearing a ski mask also think it's fine to do that. Like this, Like come on, bro, like this isn't like this isn't even making a point about anything, like.
Speaker 4: The idea of a deeply morally conflicted just like the shoplifter, right, like the guy who's just compelled by some foresigre than his own to steal to steal baby formula and sell it on the black market, not even prophentanyl or anything, right, just anyway, Uh, they'll tell you that white Christians built the US on their own and that anyone who uses woke race baiting terms like slavery, genocide, or systemic probably hates white people and that's why we need prayer in schools. I mean, they will tell you that are they wrong claims here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah. That's the other thing is that every everything, you know, you see the Liberals go up and they say, well, the trouble is like now there are there are so many bizarre, like one off ethnicities that are here that you have Democrats who will just go up at a podium and be like, uh, actually, mean tribe of southeastern into China was fundamental in the construction of the United States because it's like it's like forty percent of their district's voting block. So you have all these like really really bizarre star wars like factions, and they all have to be told that they were like very fundamental in the building of like New York or something.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and clearly like it it's not true, and look like the people saying that, no, it's not true. But it's become sort of an element of like religious faith, right to pair at that point. And look, I don't want to sound too tinfoil hat, but I think a large part of the desire to erase the nation as it was right rather that be you know kind of like public monuments or statues or media even right like look at new BBC period pieces, is the desire to deny that things have ever been different, right, that this has always been the eternal state. We've always been this like kind of multicultural nation of strangers. And I don't think that's that's fully like rationalized. I don't think people are waking up in the morning and saying this is why we're doing it. But I do think that's a part of it, right, because it's plainly not true. And when one of the core planks of your religion, your platform, is very clearly connected to nothing, that's an uncomfortable position. Hence the kind of ironically enough right revisionist history. So this is the part that I think is particularly interesting because if you remember, right, we were sured earlier that this whole idea of replacement is horrible. Right, it's not true the next two paragraphs. Then I'll throw a keketule for all of our lives and our parents and grandparents. White Christians have dominated society an influence in the US. In the nineteen seventies and eighties, white Christians, including both Protestants and Catholics, made up a majority of the population, counting for nearly two thirds of Americans, but by the early twenty twenties this figure has dropped to about forty percent. White Evangelical Protestants, a significant subgroup, have also experienced decline, shrinking to roughly fourteen percent of the population as of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: That is interesting because you may remember, like ten minutes ago when we assured that that is not the case. Not only is that not the case, but do you remember, like, I don't know, a paragraph ago when it was really stupid to think that white Christian people played a major role in the country where they were the majority and controlled all the power and right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's not like you have to be a big, you know, a grand kind of scholarly mind to remember what you read in literally the last paragraph. Right, So.
Speaker 3: Those are good points. I do want to go back, though, So just to be clear, Lenny can be short for Leonard, you know.
Speaker 4: What, and Lee, I got another one right in addition to your your we'll call it the Leonard hypothesis. I'm not entirely sure how it matches up with reality, but uh, how do you what do you think if you asked someone who disagreed with you, if they disagreed with you, do you think they would say, yes? Or now.
Speaker 3: Mmm, it's tough to say. I feel like they would be inclined to agree with their own stated beliefs, but I could be wrong on that. Now.
Speaker 4: Now, the third kind of open ended question I feel like we really need to hammer down is, uh, why why did the first murderer in history, right, a man who killed his own brother out of jealousy for a sacrifice to God, start a ghetto chicken place? Yes, well, it's just an idea to kill again, but by the tens of thousands of dudas, emphysema, and obesity.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's another one. I'm sure is every George connected, George Washington, George Floyd, there's just one eternal George, likeeling through different bodies.
Speaker 3: Right right, exactly, Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Eternal George. Today, a large segment of the Republican Party base believe whites are the true victims of racism and Christians are under attack, which makes a lot of sense when you consider that the most popular religion has always been Christianity, Whites are still the largest racial group, and white Christians still dominate elected office at all levels, as well as the judiciary, Corporate America, land ownership, media, control and Renaissance fairs. So uh, minus that last one, Lee, This sounds like something that our guys could have written about an alternative group. Yeah, and that leads me to another question. Does Benjamin Netanyaho control the ren fair market? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you know, I don't want to ruin anyone's good good good time next time you go to medieval times. But then the games are rigged. This is you know this, It's determined in advance who's going to win the jousting.
Speaker 4: And look all I'm saying, man, it's always a turkey leg, It's never a ham. No, you're wondering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it makes you think, well, this is also I liked that this paragraph is directly after the paragraph, Yes, directly after, Like, it is one centimeter further down the screen from the paragraph that says that you know, whites have experienced a catastrophic decline in influence and population.
Speaker 4: Right after also claiming that they never had that power to begin with. Right, So, according to this man, what happened is there was a majority population. Uh, they got all their stuff from slaves, right because of alternately the mark of Cain or one of Noah's sons indeterminate we'll figure that out later. They were in charge of the country at the same time as they were declining, and now when they've declined, they're still over represented, but they weren't in power before when they were the majority.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a non interesting position for this.
Speaker 4: Guy to be again, because it's not a real position, Lee. He just hates these people and wants them to die. All of the other stuff is indeterminate to that end.
Speaker 3: Goal. Well, it's also is not lost on me. This guy is clearly much dumber than his grandfather, who actually sounded like he had a lot of shit figured out.
Speaker 4: He had at least three solid points. I don't know anything else about the rest of him, but he had three solid points. Yeah, and it, shall we say, a somewhat baffling view onlic Catholic doctrine. I was really just I thought, by virtue of being Italian, you'd be able to clear that up. You know what. We'll table that for a later discussion and say he might have had up to four things, right, we got at least three. The creeping panic of expecting no longer to be the majority has led some of our friends and neighbors to see Christian nationalism is the only way to get a lost nation back on track. It's all about power and domination. The movement is growing. It doesn't have to be huge to be dangerous. Quite a few of these racists are armed delusional and the process of completely freaking out armed delusional and then the process of freaking out would be a great T shirt. And Lee, you have a firearms blog. Have you considered armed delusional and freaking out as maybe a tagline for your blog?
Speaker 3: I should look into that. Eh, that's that'd be good.
Speaker 4: All right. So here's another one, right, because he cites this woman a laithe in the Butler Sorry, I was not a name. I was expecting to end that way. So this is her argument, right, because of racism, evangelical decency was lost and evangelical's resentment grew. That makes no sense because of racism. Their resentment grew because they were racist. If that were the case, why weren't there Christian nationalists when, as you said earlier, I didn't read this, but he referred to the years after the Civil War as American apartheid. Right, So assuming that there's a one to one correlation, as miss Butler has informed us, between racism and evangelical resentment. You would assume, right, that would be a high water mark, right when there.
Speaker 3: Were one would think, yeah, apparently not.
Speaker 4: Also, again, we're playing fast and loose because we were criticizing Catholics before, not evangelicals. The KKK existed before the term evangelical meant anything, right, and also the LDS, which, like we could make a cultural argument that they're kind of similar. But like, again, this is just people I don't like, So go back and forth. Right, this is this woman, this expert, the woman who wrote White Evangelical Racism The Politics of Morality in America too many.
Speaker 3: Words, I hate, I hate it. Interrupt you. You didn't happen to look up a picture of Anthea Butler before we started recording, did he?
Speaker 4: Uh so, what do you think her tagle is on Wikipedia?
Speaker 3: Let's see, by.
Speaker 4: The way, you're right, you're entirely right. You already know she looks like WHOOPI Goldberg.
Speaker 3: She does this.
Speaker 4: It's like, that's not even me being rude.
Speaker 3: Actually, really, this is a Sister Act situation.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the origin for this whole thing. The basis of Sister Act. Never saw I'm the dastardly white Christians that control the media kept her out of her royalties. So now she's just.
Speaker 3: Every every picture that I've seen, and I would encourage the listener. Uh and I mean this with all all due.
Speaker 4: Respect, dude, have you seen the white hair?
Speaker 3: All due respects to Curtis Jarvin, but if you picture Curtis Jarvin as a black woman.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it looks like. The jacket.
Speaker 3: This is this is a form of in our ex.
Speaker 4: We never asked what it stood for.
Speaker 3: She's right, she's not a monarchist. She is a moniquist.
Speaker 4: Quite literally. We WI was.
Speaker 3: Like, this looks like someone that the GOP would run for governor of in a state like Virginia.
Speaker 4: Say, this is just one some EARLD series with a slightly worse air dresser. The outfit's the same, although although look, I'll pull this one up. Uh see if I can figure out how to use this stupid this is a whole like, look, I'm supposed to be an audio podcast primarily, but half of these are just me pulling things up and you guys not being able to hear. But you're really really missing out on this line. If you notice, she's even got kind of a a Thomas Turpule seven. Look going on in this leather rack. Great hair, It's pretty close.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I did not look roughly, but I knew you can tell, you can tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean she definitely looks like as the Curse of ham.
Speaker 4: Caine's Chicken the Mark of the Beast. The beast is a chicken, I asked her. Is there a way to fix the movement, she replied, Evangelicals will have to become more accepting of others, willing to let go of racism and actually pay attention to the red letter words of Jesus. Right now, I don't think there is a way to fix the movement unless it has a crushing, decisive defeat at its quest to make America theocracy. And that's it. That's the whole thing. Right, you need to be destroyed. We keep going after this right. But we're this is the author's words again, we're presently witnessing the US white supremacists finally realizing they're about to become a minority. They're not going to go gracefully goes through demographics. So if you're a Christian who's afraid of one day becoming a minority, this might be a perfect time to be more Christian minorities. So again, right, it's not happening. Actually it's a good thing. You will be crushed right, like a full supervillain monologue there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what happened to Lenny? I see this?
Speaker 4: It's Lenny comes back, and despite introducing him his Leonard, he's never referred to as Leonard for the rest of this article, making that detail completely completely superfluous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I see, I mean this is uh wow, how long is this article?
Speaker 4: We're almost done? Fulle okay, how many words.
Speaker 3: Can you write about this? I mean this is insane?
Speaker 4: How many words can he write? Very few? How many words can claude? And then heavy quotes from African Thomas seven seven to seven at least forty two men of uh materials or.
Speaker 3: It's Clarence Thomas seven seven.
Speaker 4: We found him. We thought it wasn't at it, but it's actually real. Have you seen by the way it's been going It's been going around again the word counts of Supreme Court justices. Yeah, yeah, it's Katachi Brown's hit like twelve k and Clarence Thomas had barely brokendred.
Speaker 3: That's fucking nuts, dude.
Speaker 4: Look, man, you just you just know, George Washington, who owned people, would have become king if you knew, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like who who? This is the I'm always amazed when whenever people criticize, you know, George Washington or whoever, they're like, well, you know he owned people. It's like, okay, yeah, like I'm familiar with the concept of slavery, Like, I understand, what do you expect me to do with this information? You know what I mean? Like, why would I fucking hear? I haven't had anyone present a compelling reason why I should care?
Speaker 4: Well, exactly right, because look like there are many people I'm casting back in time further than George Washington who did things that in a current context would be considered slightly slightly rude. Right. Julius Caesar killed forty percent of the population of France, for instance, and sold them all into slavery. Uh, you know, which is considered somewhat of a diplomatic faux pas in the current moment. We can discuss, you know, do the French deserve it a discussion for another day, yes, But the lens through which you view a man like that is what he did, right, And obviously the Gallic wars or you know, a face if that. But you're like, oh, yeah, that's the guy who you know kicked off the Roman Empire. That's a pretty big deal. And you know the other stuff is just sort of biographical detail. But look like this is a profoundly broken way to view history. You know, it's it's the kind of you know, joke about like what was Genghis con bean to his mom. It's like, well, okay, yeah, maybe, but like that's not why he's a relevant figure to discuss. And again, George Washington has never mentioned except for you know, a way for him to slide that in right, be like, oh that guy, you like, I hate him. He's stupid. He's like my dead retarded grandpa.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you know he owned people, Like okay, yeah, I don't know, man, Like even something tells me that if George Washington did not own people, you still wouldn't like the guy. I just have a hunch that, you know, no matter what, there's not really a world where you say anything positive about George Washington. And that is because, like this lady's entire career, miss Butler, not the author, is premised on you know, some type of word salad about we was kings. White people are bad. Yakub fucked up when he made him and his you know, laboratory or whatever, you know, whatever it is that it gets believed, right, who cares? And this guy? What is this guy's deal with the author? What's his I think.
Speaker 4: His whole his whole beat seems to be like he was big, like fifteen years ago in the kind of like and T George Bush scene. Uh he has a radio show.
Speaker 3: What was his name again? It was like it was like a fake.
Speaker 4: Name, Fugal Sang.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's check that American actor.
Speaker 4: Dude, he looks like a he looks like a professional magician.
Speaker 3: Yeah he yeah, he does. Yeah, this is uh yeah. Television, Oh okay, he was in c s I and uh oh really oh yeah it said. He appeared on film, television, and stage, including CSI, Providence and Coyote Ugly. Uh so, pretty big deal there.
Speaker 4: Oh uh.
Speaker 3: He hosted America's Funniest Home Videos for a couple episodes.
Speaker 4: He also tours alongside Miller as a comedian and used as part of the Sexy Liberal comedy Show twenty seventeen. The tour was called Sexy Liberal Resistance Dore Yeah, Okay, it's pretty cool. Dude, that's pretty cool. They got a like tongue in cheek, like we're sexy liberals. Dude, cool, that's pretty cool we have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really transgressive. This guy's I can tell he's a little bit of a rebel, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, no, he knows a lady with a leather jacket.
Speaker 3: Right, might have had too much to think, you know, graduated from Reddit University, that kind of thing. I mean this, like, what is going on? We really have to find a way to eliminating free speech and uh you know, perhaps internet access, like it really needs to be curtailed. Like I don't need a guy named Fugal saying uh, like really am really offering an opinion about anything, let alone talking shit about George Washington? Like, like, in what world would you listen to the guy who hosts America's Funniest Home Videos even pretend that he has some opinion about the character of George Washington.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, uh, Tom bergeront like he had the like the the son and rad on his chest, like every every time they have to edit out the last you know, fifteen seconds because he just beat You know, we must secure a future, that whole thing at the end, Tom Berger on it was actually the inspiration uh for American History acts and that one movie where Harry Potter says the N word.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 4: Maybe me either, And I really hope that the stay of Tom saw that's not so defaming a nearly deceased potentially commit potential saying potentially Canadian uh deceased comedian uh allegedly but uh no, you points dance right, And honestly, I think the funny thing would be like if this guy were or in like VC France or whatever, you know, he'd have the shiniest boots. He'd beat Goose steppin. Like. This guy doesn't think he reacts to power. He reacts to what society writ large hands down as like good boy points right, and this guy is going for all of them. He's a sexy liberal comedian. He's resisting. He hates those those Christian nationalists, which include Catholics, semi literate Yankees, hating house painters, the KKK and the LDS hates those guys. It literally is just that, right, it is that reaction to power, what is handed down. There's this idea and I think I'm stealing this from more goth or millennial woes. I can't remember, but one of them was years ago talking about the kind of acceptable targets, right, the people that you're allowed to really like dump vitriol on, so like, you know, twenty years ago, to be like scientologists. You know, South Park can make fun of scientologists forever and no one actually gets right, it's an approved target, if you will, and like for for lip tards, like any one of those groups, or the kind of like loosely constituted group of Christian nationalists, is exactly that you can dump the most insane vitriol, right, say, I want you replaced, I want you to be smashed and demolished, you know whatever his words was, And that's a good thing. I think that's what it is. Like this, this guy doesn't think you know, this clearly is not a well reasoned argument where he's like, you know, pulling together data points. It's just that a pure slavish devotion to power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you're right. Is this I'm not familiar with the preamble, is that his publication. Is he like a guest author.
Speaker 4: I think he's a guest I think that the preamble is in some way associated with NYT. I'm not entirely sure of what decree.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this guy, okay, so he's all he writes is this kind of stuff. He like, he mentioned the separation of church and hate, taking back the Bible from fundamentalists, fascist and flock fleecing frauds. So this is like an interesting phenomenon where like the word fundamentalist and to a lesser extent extremist ah has it's it's really great because liberals use it like like if you see, you know, you'll see like a Muslim guy blow himself off at like a you know, an orphanage or something, and the news will be like, oh, a Muslim extremist, Like no.
Speaker 4: No, that guy's providing a valuable service. So Braxton McCoy can sell three hundred books like that.
Speaker 3: That means a order three hundred books, get three hundred books. It's the best deal going folks. But but the they use the word like, you know, they'll say like, oh, well, Islam is actually really peaceful. It's just the it's the fundamentalists. It's the extremists that you got to look out for, because too liberals the idea of someone just believing something is like an extreme position because because like you mentioned, this guy, only he reacts to stuff. He just his entire presence is a reaction. He doesn't have any actual convictions of his own. And this is this is why the left is like a funny thing because you could, like, how many times have we seen left wing people get in trouble for things that they said ten years ago that were left wing ten years ago? Right, Like, like like you've seen comedians and commentators and things like that. You know, like at one point Barack Obama said that marriage is between a man and a woman, right, Or the Turkish guy from the Young Turks.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't. I would not trust Barak no particular distinction.
Speaker 3: No, no, not on that one, you know. But like the Turkish guy, the fat guy, you know, he got in trouble because he had a blog about saying that he, you know, if he went on a date with women, like he wanted to get laid and stuff.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: You know, you get people who have like progressive beliefs, they change every two or three years at like the fundamental level. Right, like abortion has gone from safe legal and rare as a talking point to being like, no, you should actually be able to kill the baby, like right when it comes out, just just because for whatever reason at any point, like like you to be able to have the baby and then kill it once it's out on the day of its birth, like that has become the the actual like progressive talking point, Like that's how they define abortion at this point. So their beliefs are constantly kind of iterating and iterating and getting a little worse and a little worse to the to the point now where you know, there's wrong about everything. Uh, And so the idea of believing something and then not changing that belief or not updating it or iterating it or modifying it in some way every few years until it eventually just becomes a parody of a parody of a parody. This is foreign to them. But like you know, uh, like this is this is why they hate religion too, because when they say like, oh wow, it's it's really dangerous, these these quote fundamentalists, what that means is basically a guy who reads the Bible and just go huh well, uh yeah, there it is, that's what I believe. That's uh, you know, the you know, non errant word of God there. So that's what I'm gonna go with. Uh. They can't fathom like actually believing something, the idea of just being like, well, you know, I don't know, this is what the Bible says. It's right there. It's pretty pretty straightforward. They completely reject that style of thinking. And so the idea, it's like, yeah, man, that's not like an extremist believe. Like if if you look at like like progressive churches, you know, you get these churches with like like transgender lesbians giving communion to like Muslims who are trying to kill them that moment. Uh, and it's like yeah, man, I don't know. This is to me, this is all pretty clearly covered in like the pastoral epistles like it. You know, it says in Timothy that you shouldn't have this job. So you know, I don't know, I don't have like an academic uh you know, need to like justify or evolve that position or something. It's like it that's just what it says in the Bible. Man, I don't know, it's it's just right there. It says you should not have this job. And so uh, that's what I believe. And you know, and in that way, like my beliefs are the same, uh you know, by and large, uh probably less evolved and less eloquent and you know that type of thing then, but but in the same vein like like are largely similar to what you would see from like the Council of Nicy or something like that. And so it's like, yeah, man, I actually don't have to change what I think every fucking two years based off of what Jimmy Kimmel says. You know, that's, uh, that's no problem. But to them that makes someone like me like an extremist, when in reality, it's like, what's what's extreme about that? It says it in the Bible, and so that's that's just what I what I you know, accept I don't know what to tell you like what you know. It's the same with the Muslim quote extremists. It's like, look, man, like the guys who are blowing themselves up at like the Christmas celebration, they're you know, like they those are earnestly held beliefs, Like you don't put on a suicide vest blow yourself up because you don't actually believe this stuff. But I don't think that makes you an extremist. I think it just makes you someone who actually believes something, and you have to. People have to believe things. Like you, you would not, you know, charge a machine gun nest you would not into something new you there would be no cause for optimism if someone did not earnestly believe things. And that's why liberals are inherently non productive people. That's why you have some guy named Fugel saying oscillating between hosting America's funniest home videos and fucking writing articles about you know, why George Washington fucking owned people. And Lenny is short for Leonard. And here's what a fat black lady says. She has a little bit of wordplay for you to get, you know, tripped up on if you're a fucking retarded gen X or something like, you know, none of this stuff bears out, like none of this stuff means anything. And these people like they're terrified that someone might actually believe something earnestly to the point where they would defend it. And to them, that's like, that's that's an unfathomable thing. Like this guy's beliefs will change if he is told that his beliefs need to change, and mind will not yours will not like the guys on like our side. It's like, yeah, man, like you know this stuff it's not like this is pretty straightforward, like these these beliefs that are more timeless. And you know, I'm not using I don't want to use the word conservative because that, you know, I don't think it applies, you know, in the way that people use it in like the contemporary context. But it's like, yeah, man, it's actually okay to believe stuff like I don't. Don't you know, some fucking homo writing a gay little blog article for a New York Times offshoot publication, uh is not actually going to get anyone to change their their core beliefs or how they view their relationship to their home bland or the Bible or God or their church or anything like that. And frankly, it's it's a fool's errand to write articles like that. This guy doesn't know that. I mean, I'm sure he probably got paid one hundred bucks by the New York Times. And that's a lot of money for a guy who you know, was in one episode of CSI or hosted several episodes of America's Funniest Home Video it's like, you know, I mean this guy, you know, I have this pulled up this guy. Most of the roles that this guy's been in, he doesn't there's not even a name. Like it's really good. Like in twenty eleven he was in a show called The Mom's View, which I don't know what that is. His role was quote feature guest and the notes are unknown episodes. So's it's like this guy has public facing work that isn't even cataloged. Like what this guy says means less than nothing because he's that corny and he doesn't actually believe anything. But men who do believe things in the past have done things like, uh, create countries, like you know, guys like George Washington have shaped history. Guys like Julius Caesar have shaped history because they believed things. And this guy is just writing a gay blog about why it's bad actually to believe things and expecting anyone, you know, to fucking care one little bit about what he says because he uses the uh kind of pithy millennial like, right, George Washington, he hacking owned people. Man, you know a little bit of a little bit of light ethnic cleansing. You know, it's like, uh, yeah, man, there was I don't know, the country, the fucking whole continent was overrun with savages and so we had to had to put him down with guns so that we could build fucking a railroad. You want me to be sad about that? Like, you know, sorry, Bud, this as a fuck in way it. You know, why don't you focus on getting some fucking curly fries at Cane's Chicken? I mean, is this shit just pisses me off? Dude? This guy looking at this guy is pissing me off. I need to I got to close that tab because it's it's making me upside.
Speaker 4: Well, well, Lee, you're talking about all these you know, these these high minded ideals about you know, belief and something that you know carries more weight in your life than you know, your immediate social standing. But what if I told you that the guy arguing against you, who by you know, I don't know if you know this, but he would he doesn't think that he's wrong when he argues against you. But what if he was a self described fifty six year old sexy comedian. Would that would that shifted anything for you?
Speaker 3: I would have to reconsider my position if that were the case.
Speaker 4: See that's the that's the thing. I read through this and I was like, you know what, I'm not quite convinced that. I went to his Wikipedia and found out one turns out that's German name. Uh and two turns out that, you know, he's a much more serious person than i'd initially anticipated.
Speaker 3: Does he have does he have a song? Can you can you play YouTube song or something? Is there any is there any? Feugel saying, uh, let me.
Speaker 4: Look this up because I will one hundred percent play his You can get any it would be good hot clips. Oh, he's on the Daily Show. Okay, he was on Morning Joe. Oh, this is great. He did he did a skit all right. Uh. Now the thing is, I'm actually let me switch account so you can't see my full name. I show this. Uh oh he uses the red letter media music, which is very weird, like royalty free. Be sorry that.
Speaker 3: You've you've you loaded your your name docs YouTube account. And you know, it was like j Feugel saying, and this guy was your dad.
Speaker 4: That's the irony. Yeah, computers acknowledge this is the first one. This is his official YouTube channel. He has more YouTube subscribers than me. I hate him already. This is a very odd opening image. It's a giant what a giant float of Sonic the Hedgehog. So this this is cool.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll come on, come fuck with me.
Speaker 4: I want to talk. Can you hear any of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, every year around this time, I always gotta try real hard to not smack upside the head all these hypocrites, snakes and vipers.
Speaker 4: So he comed us workers, yes, illegals. Oh, and then he goes straight to a Trump tweet from twenty fourteen. This came out two years ago. He's still seating, by the way.
Speaker 3: This guy's gotta be gone. Man, we gotta we gotta get this guy.
Speaker 4: This guy here, this is a serious man, dude. I mean she's see you don't get it. There's this is comedy goal because we have the the the contrast between him dresses Jesus with with a beard and everything. But he see he's snarky and he's progressive and he has he has a Starbucks on it, so he's cool. He's different and and look he brings in the ap act checking by uh sight huh uh anyway, right, fact checking. And look, he's just like he.
Speaker 3: Would end undocumented immigration tomorrow if they wanted by locking up the white people who do all the hiring.
Speaker 4: This is okay, did you hear that, lady, Yeah, it's good. So we've come back to the same central point even two years ago in this very cool YouTube video that really the the real problem is his bracest grandpa, that he really hates this guy, this manpa. I know, it's weird. It's like every time I'm you know, of course calling his grandpa, uh, you know, retarded Italian, I'm paraphrasing him. These are the terms he uses to describe his own blood and again, man, like, look, you and I both have maybe said things on the internet that could be construed as hyperbolic or maybe a little inflammatory, but like, I don't know, man, it's just just not done.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, this is there is like a special type of I don't know, beating that is deserved by libs that just go on the internet to like shit talk their family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's such a It's like who are you? Who are you even fucking doing this for? Like you you could have written this article like his grandfather, as far as I can tell, I mean, we didn't read the whole article. Maybe he tries to tie it toge there at the end or something, But as far as I can tell, his grandfather wasn't even really essential to the telling of the story. Oh of course, not like he just as easily skipped the whole thing and just said, you know, I'm this is a blog about whatever my concerns about Christian nationalism or something. He didn't even really uh, you know, I have to have to get out his little style guide and remember to put like, you know, a relatable anecdote or something at the at the introduction to his story, you know, or something like that. So that's just weird.
Speaker 4: But by the way, I'm going through his uh.
Speaker 3: That's when did he become feugal saying if his grandfather was Italian? Is this something where like his dad took his mom's name or something like that.
Speaker 4: I assume because in the article he describes his his dad as an anti racist before there was even a word for it, you know, quite positively.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's what happened.
Speaker 4: What Oh, yeah, so this is this is insightful comedy. Four years ago he uh, he did a similar skit as Jerry Folwell Junior. That's that's cool.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, But.
Speaker 4: He also has one where he dress ups up as Ben Shapiro. But yeah, is that it's pretty funny? Yeah, okay, I've not watched this video, but it is a video with two point eight hey views. That just says Jimmy Carter can stop Trump.
Speaker 3: That didn't age well, no, I wouldn't say is his is his Ben Shapiro impression on YouTube? Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Oh no, he just he just pitches up his voice. It's not funny, like there there's meat on that bone right there. There's similar to the other comments about uh, you know pork orcan's chicken, right, there's an easy joke to be made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's talking about dressing up like Ben Shapiro. You know, there's some some legs on that one.
Speaker 4: He was missing the hat, which I know.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. So so he feels pretty freely about dressing up like Jesus Christ for a YouTube video, but he doesn't quite cross the whaling wall to put on the the hat. Some some you know, some lines you just don't cross. I guess.
Speaker 4: Here's a book out. He's promoting his book tour. That's it's pretty cool. Uh yeah, this guy's a loser man, are you Are you allowed to just give self described sexy comedians wedgies in public? Because I think that's what this world needs.
Speaker 3: Free men, don't ask permission, burden.
Speaker 2: There's never been a better time to expect more for less with Skymobile. That's because right now you can enjoy unlimited data, calls and texts, as well as nationwide five G coverage for just twelve ninety.
Speaker 4: Nine a month.
Speaker 2: So don't settle for less. Switch to sky Mobile today and get our brilliant offer for a limited time only. Expect more with Skymobile. Offer ends January twenty eighth. SIM only plan with twelve month minimum term includes unlimited data, standard texts and calls to all Irish networks and teas and c's apply five G subject to location availability and eligible device