Speaker 1: Then angry this morning.
Speaker 2: I don't understand February twenty second. Yesterday was the birthday of guitarist Jerry Harrison and talking heads.
Speaker 3: What happened, had all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: Past three one hundred and sixty five degrees, just burning down the house on a Saturday morning. Sometimes you have to burn down the house to save the house. Happy birthday, Jerry Harrison, the guitarist on that little diddy Gary Jeff Walker in on this Saturday, and before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. You know what, if I just did this next factoid, that would be enough. I mean, there's a few things I got to mention, but this is the sole most important thing that occurs every year on February twenty second. It's the anniversary of the birth of the very first President of the United States, the father of our country, George Washington, the man who could not tell a lie. Born in Westmoreland County in the Virginia Colony. On this date in seventeen thirty two, we celebrate President's Day. Now we should always celebrate Washington's birthday because without Washington. No other president afterward has any relevancy whatsoever. A US merchant ship. The Empress of China left New York for the first trade voyage of an American trip to China seventeen eighty four. Gee I thought Nixon opened up trade to China this way. Before that, the inaugural Daytona five hundred was held nineteen fifty nine. Johnny Butchamp initially declared the win, the victory later awarded to Lee Petty, of course, was the father of the King Richard Petty. More than twenty five thousand US and South Vietnamese troops launched Operation Jungle City nineteen sixty seven. This is the date of the miracle. On ice February twenty second, nineteen eighty the Winter Olympics, Lake Placid, New York, the US Olympic Hockey team upset the Soviet Union four to three. They'd go on to win the gold two days later with the victory over Finland. Of course, this past Thursday to the US hockey team lost to the dreaded hated Canadians. I'll boo their anthem any chance I get the opportunity, Not really, because that would be classless Canada scientists in Scotland announced on this date in nineteen ninety they had successfully cloned an adult mammal for the first time, a sheep they named Dolly. Let's see. Actor James Hong is ninety six today, Actress Julia Walters seventy five, Basketball Hall of Famer and my hero when I was growing up, when I aspired to be a hoopster. Doctor j. Julius Irving is three quarters of a century old. Today, Golf Hall Key Goff Hall of Famer Amy Alcott. Easy for me to say, it's sixty nine. Ky McLaughlin, the actor sixty six. VJ. Singhers sixty two. Today, Hockey Hall of Famer Pat Lafontaine turns the Big six to zero. Rachel Dratch of Saturday Night Live saw her just last Sunday on the SNL fiftieth anniversary. She is fifty nine. Let's see from the office Paul Lieberstein, Actress Jerry Ryan's birthday, actor Thomas Jane Tennis Hall of Famer, Michael Chang fifty three, Singer James Blunt is fifty one, and Drew Barrymore is fifty Worse for the wear have you seen her lately?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 4: Not good.
Speaker 2: If it's your birthday, I hope it is the absolute best birthday you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. Five point forty one. Liam Tomlinson is right round the corner with Sports as we get you going on seven hundred wl freezing today. I'll believe it when I see it. Thirty four predicted mainly clear tomorrow morning's low twenty sun and clouds on Sunday and forty up to forty nine with mostly cloudy skies on Monday. Oh please let it come. It's fifteen right now.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 2: Here's Liam Tomlinson, who was really jazzed about something this morning. I hope it's sports.
Speaker 6: The Reds kick off their spring training ball games this afternoon. The squad will be split today, with half the team in Goodyear to face the Guardians and the other half in Phoenix to face the Brewers. The skipper, Tito Terry Francona, is avoiding a hug fest against his former team, and he'll be coaching the squad on the road against the Brewers. Both games are a first pitch at three to five, seven hundred. Wow, will have the Cleveland game covered right here?
Speaker 2: No wait, so we get Tito, who's not going to manage the Cleveland game, but yet we're airing the Cleveland game. Yes, well that makes no sense. Let's have the squad that actually has the skipper at the helm instead of whatever, I don't know, assistant manager or coach. That's that's leading the Reds against the Freddie Benevitez here you go. Better you say it than me. What else you got? College basketball? NKU?
Speaker 6: He did Wright State on the road eighty to seventy six last night. The Norse hosts Indiana University Indye tomorrow at one on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: They've had a disappointing season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the only thing that matters in that conference is the tournament. So the coach horn get them ready to win five games in a row. That's the real question. It all comes down to March, and it's coming around the corner. It's February twenty second, it's here. Before you know it. You see host TCU at noon. Pregame coverage begins at eleven thirty and tip except for New I said before right here on seven hundred WLW seventeenth RAND, Kentucky's on the road in Tuscaloosa to face number four Alabama. That game is at six pm on ESPN fifteen thirty, and Xavier faces Seaton Hall tomorrow at two on fifty five KRC. Xavier needs to finish the season strong so they can guarantee a spot in the NCAA tournament. It looks like the Bearcats are gonna have to win the conference tournament almost at this point.
Speaker 2: It's a good spot in time. You said, the only thing that matters in what the Horizon League where NKU plays is an isn't that the Horizon League? Yes, the only thing that matters is the tournament. Can if Xavier and UC lose out during the RAG, can they just enter themselves in the Horizon League and go win that and get in the tournament.
Speaker 6: If you look at NC State last year, they won the ACC tournament and they ended up in the final four, and that's really the only way they got in the tournament, and it was off a crazy buzzer beater three against Virginia. So anything can happen. That's why you love Marx and that's why we love college basketball.
Speaker 2: NC State was at Lorenzo Charles and the dunk at the button. No, that was like it was forty years ago. I'm sorry, I got caught in a time where five forty five at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Your locked on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Man, does it seem to get earlier and earlier every week or is it just me? I would say it's probably just me. So I said something flippant in the talkback, which is my way to talk to Liam the producer. Right before the beginning of the show, there was something about Elon Musk, and I was met with all of this hostility, not about President Trump, but about Elon Musk and how he's a loser. And I'm trying to think, how in the world is a guy who's invented and been behind this neuralink thing to help people who have brain injuries walk and talk and communicate. How can a guy who's gonna rescue the astronauts that our own NASA could not. How is the guy who has been a leader in technology and innovation at his direction for probably the last ten years. And how was the richest man in the world a loser? And he said, it's easy. He wears sunglasses inside, he's high. He's a loser. Okay, everybody has different definitions. I just hope that the American people are the winners as they continue to lose all of this garbage spending that's been going on behind our backs and in some cases in front of our eyes for decades. The gravy train ride is over for fraud and abuse in Washington. It has to be, and I hope. So anyway, all that aside, let's talk about more important things. Mametry, good morning.
Speaker 7: Well we.
Speaker 8: Get to what the day of a joice that hope we will.
Speaker 1: Uh well seen?
Speaker 8: Chef d Tory of Tori.
Speaker 2: Amen, that was beautiful, dear, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm great?
Speaker 2: What's new we had?
Speaker 8: Randy? Was it the dance flor dance Denvill He came down from Milfordways think he said, uh, coving and Portmister all down to there said it was raised on Eastern Avenue in Collingdon. And he's singing us some good old bluegrass yesterday.
Speaker 2: You don't remember his name, Randy something.
Speaker 8: Dance floor dence, Randy Dentzil.
Speaker 2: You know it sounds familiar like I've heard of him before.
Speaker 8: Al Fardy said, so.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of a lot of bluegrass.
Speaker 8: Huh yeah, fun ear of Froggy Mountain Breakdown? So they give me two more for the great sums in the end.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if do you do you? Are you able to listen to your radio there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if Dick calls in a few minutes, we'll play Foggy Mountain Breakdown underneath him. You know, we play that every Saturday when Dick calls. All right, would you like to hear some now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could play you some right now while you're here on the phone. You don't mind, do you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's let's listen to a little Foggy Mountain breakdown. Promometry. You know what, I like mommetry and a lot of people miss it because they're so enraptured by the banjo in the fiddle. But I love that bass, that kind of stand up bass right behind it. Let's crank that up again, Liam, Let's listen to you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You like to amometry.
Speaker 8: I get the feeling in my bones, darling.
Speaker 2: What's it feel like?
Speaker 8: It built heavenly?
Speaker 2: One of these days you were gonna get up and dance.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I can dance. I just can't read.
Speaker 2: I never knew reading was essential to be able to dance.
Speaker 8: I do want to dance out of the exit door.
Speaker 2: Watch out, she's making the break, she's escaping. That would be a beautiful day. We don't. I've talked to We talked to Mark and Christine Sanders, you know, and we need to pray for Mark. He's not having a great time right now. But yeah, it's more complicated than that. But anyway, Christine, the.
Speaker 8: Mayor, the beery juice three times a day.
Speaker 2: I will recommend that to the doctor. But supposedly, I think they're going to try and bring you down to the anniversary party on March fifteenth.
Speaker 8: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I don't make any promises that my my butt can't cash, huh.
Speaker 8: I say it would be a blessing for our fans.
Speaker 2: It would be a blessing for our fans. You're absolutely right, Will God bless you dear, have a good day, all right, dud, Bye bye bye. I love you, Mametry Lynette planning on coming to the twentieth twenty eighth. I got twenty eight years I've been doing this. I feel like I'm getting away with something because I probably a well. It has been quite the tumultuous week for myself and Chris to two point out losing Brooksy the cat dog just a week ago yesterday. Wow. And I will tell you that the only good thing about our loss was the outpouring of love and support and just just standing behind us as so many people came out of the woodwork when they heard about Brooksy's demise, shocking demise and just I mean it came out of the blue that I just felt the arms of a lot of people wrapping around us with love, and that is something that is all too rare today. So whatever it is that you need in your life, whatever you're going through, whatever you are experiencing that is causing you pain, I just want you to know that if you want to share it, sometimes it's the best thing you can do. And it's not selfish to share your misery with others. It is not only cathartic, but it is healing when you are met in that sharing with the kind of love and support that we got from you. So thank you again one and all. Dave from Harrison coming up Old Radio, Rick will be round the corner here in a few minutes at least, God willing the gang from Ripley in so much more. The Saturday Morning Edition March is on towards March in a week on seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hours a day when he was a radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 2: Into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, February twenty second, twenty twenty five, the birth date of the father of our country, George Washington, Gary Jeff Walker. Before we get to Dave, by the way, Dave and his wife Kathy have been great to us too. I was just mentioning before the break about the outpouring of sympathy and love from you and many others. And I just during the news opened up this card from Greg Johnson in Mainville, Ohio, and it just says, mister Walker, I am so sorry for the loss of your cat, Brooksy. As I watched three of our four stare excitedly at the birds around our feeders, I cannot help but think of those we've lost, and I feel your pain. Thanks for sharing. That's what I was talking about. Thank you, Greg, and thank you everybody else. So it's chimed in, let's talk to Dave. Shall we take the treat little Tennessee bird walk on a Saturday morning? And as I mentioned, Dave is here. Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gary Job.
Speaker 10: How are we doing today on this spine?
Speaker 1: Be h m morning?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What did you even say?
Speaker 11: It's Blackchester, my brother, and happy twenty second to you and yours.
Speaker 2: How about just history month?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's it's.
Speaker 2: It's history month. Every month is history month.
Speaker 12: Yes and happy to point zero bd, Eve, I believe, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christa, my lovely wife will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow and we're actually going to celebrate a little bit at the bar today when we're working. So please feel free to uh drop by if you get the opportunity. One and all, So what have you got this morning? Dave?
Speaker 13: Well, Guard Jeff, and are of uh you know uh b bhm we have uh and uh well doctor doctor j turning seventy five, we have uh have you ever wondered how where people came from?
Speaker 14: Like like how we all got to be here?
Speaker 1: If we go back far enough, Guard Jeff, I.
Speaker 2: Remember I remember some discussion with I was little and it involved birds and bees and somehow that related to how we got here, but I'm not sure, Dave.
Speaker 12: Well, if we go all the way back to like the beginning, okay, like any.
Speaker 15: In the beginning, you know, when when there was creation nearying about the sixth day, after God, you know, had created everything else.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's they said, let us make man in our image.
Speaker 11: So they did, Jeff, But uh, at any rate, they've never done.
Speaker 15: It before, right, I mean, first time for this type thing.
Speaker 1: So you know, I didn't know how how.
Speaker 10: Long to set the timer for or what.
Speaker 12: The temperature should be, you know, just kind of put him in there and winged it.
Speaker 2: So, uh, where is this going?
Speaker 4: This is this is history now, so so uh, you.
Speaker 12: Know, I couldn't wait any longer. So they opened it up, torn out the first batch of people, and uh and looked at him and oh it was lady. You know, they were great. They had eyes nose.
Speaker 13: And he kind of pushed him there, and they were a little dowe, you know, maybe maybe a little underdone.
Speaker 1: So you know, closed it on up and let it go after a while.
Speaker 15: After a while it's a perfect open it up and took out another match and they were redder. They were commore done.
Speaker 2: You know, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave. I got to tell you right now. I know you worked really hard on this, but I don't like the direction this is going. Okay, So let me just say this. During Black History Month, during History Month, during Dave History Month, you, my friend, are officially history.
Speaker 16: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 2: Beautiful head on the air, because without any further ado you, we have Dick from Dayton standing by. Finally, Well, good morning, Dick.
Speaker 17: Well, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm fine? How are you?
Speaker 17: Oh good? I just wanted to tell you, Uh, one of my friends, the string Benders.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 17: You know, there's a lot of fewers Paul that know me and name I. Uh he they've been coming him and Roy Roy plays the uh that mace get there and we had a but let me tell you something, it was really good. I did a little bit of mt A roll into my baby's arms and it was just a really good And the dinners there are pretty good, and uh, it was just nice.
Speaker 2: What what what'd you have for dinner?
Speaker 17: We had uh? Uh, let's say stuff peppers, Uh, mashed potatoes and gravy. Uh uh, carrots and apple pie.
Speaker 2: Where was this, dick?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 17: It's every it's every Friday from twelve thirty to about all three. That's the in Xenia that's going toward thirty five.
Speaker 2: Well, and now, how would how would you get there from your house on thirty five?
Speaker 17: You would probably let's say six seventy five. Then you go and then you uh, we'll say today you'll see Xenia at thirty five. Then you keep going right, you go past the cars dealership, Uh.
Speaker 2: Pass past what which dealership?
Speaker 4: Just met?
Speaker 17: Jermaine? And then that's uh.
Speaker 2: Liam, are you getting this down?
Speaker 17: When you turn on Progressive Road, you go by Bob Evans and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know exactly where you're talking about now. And then yeah, and then what.
Speaker 17: Then uh you go back to the you'll see, uh, it's the the Jasiner. So it's sentiment pretty good, pish buddy.
Speaker 2: Didn't understand what you said, but I kind of know how to get there now. So maybe next Friday I can join you. That sounds fun.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, Birsley buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Do me a favorite and say good night, Dick.
Speaker 17: Good night. I'll talk to you, buddy. I hope to see you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope to see you too. March fifteenth, Old Radio, Rick, good morning, how are you my friend?
Speaker 1: My gosh?
Speaker 2: Ye, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it when Dick gives me directions places.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: It's better than GPS, it's better than Google Maps. It's just right there. I mean, I know exactly where he's talking about, didn't you one of us? Will you go past the dealership, you know, with the dealership carsh just dealership whatever that is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, gotcha now I know.
Speaker 2: So how are we listening and what are we listening on this morning?
Speaker 10: Mister washbroh, Well, reception is a five x five this morning. It's an RCA nineteen forty one eight tube AM shortwave radio model twenty eight x five and without friger adjew. We jumped to the catalog, which says RCAA Victor Value Leaders two speaker models. They're torrid. I pause briefly to consult the dictionary. Torrid adjective subject to parching or burning heat, especially of the sun.
Speaker 2: Do you want that out of your radio?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: That's that's usually why I end up with them. Well, and then it says back to the catalog summer sales with sales sock. Yes, that's the word sales a dash and the word sock.
Speaker 1: Fred.
Speaker 10: The dictionary can't help me with this one. But anyway, this super set is packed with super features, super tone with nine and a quarter ellipticon speaker. Now they're just making up words. Eight RCA Victor Preferred type tubes, overseas dial with spread band tuning. I guess that means the numbers aren't on top of each other. That's good, good American and foreign reception. Two built in antennas fair enough. And electronic tuning which is five push button presets. But nothing wrong with that. But yeah, luckily, you know these have sales sock and they're torrid, so I think that's really over that.
Speaker 2: I always thought tuning was a city in China. I had no idea. My goodness, have you got the flu that's been going on? The respiratory stuff that's This has just been a ridiculous flu season so far.
Speaker 10: I might just to quote Andy from the from the Office, the great actor, comedic actor at Helms. Andy's got boo boo tummy.
Speaker 2: Oh oh well we won't. We won't make you suffer any longer on the air. Well, I just, you know, wish you the best and prayers your way and feel better, please, sir.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 10: He forty boosted my spirits, so thank you.
Speaker 2: All right. Good It is Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. He's not taking any radios in right now, though he's his cupboard is full. The Pineapple Palace is replete with all the radios they can handle right now. But as my producer Liam Tomlinson can attest, they do wonderful work there. It's six nineteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: WLW seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 2: Liam Tomlinson, I know there's got to be something going on. Man, give me some hope for spring, Give me some baseball.
Speaker 6: The Reds begin to play their spring training games this afternoon. We're getting oh so much closer to opening day. The squad will be split today, with half the team in Goodyear to face the Guardians and the other half in Phoenix to face the Brewers. The Guardians game is obviously a home game, but manager Terry Francina will not be facing this former team. He'll be with the team in Phoenix, coach and managing against the Brewers.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I love Terry Francona, I love Tito, and I think that he's going to be the key to whatever success the Reds have the Reds players have on the field this year. No doubting his his resume, but I think it's lame because eventually he is going to have to face his former team. Might as well get out of the way now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, instead of when we're battling it out for the oh so infamous Ohio Cup later in the year, we're I want to be giving hugs. Then that's real competition. No, I mean, go ahead, get it out of the way. I mean there probably are no players left at all from when he was managing the Guards. Are their Guardians holdovers from Francones. I mean he was there two years ago, so there's probably a couple years.
Speaker 2: Well, you have things changed so fast in major sports with free agency and the like. I didn't know, but yeah, I'm sure there are. Yeah, there's some players left from that era. But I mean, come on, buck it up, Gito.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, seven hundred WLW Home of the Reds, we'll be covering the Guardians game. That will first pitch at three o'clock. All right, college basketball, we're in the full swing of things. NKU defeated Wright State eighty to seventy six last night. The Norse are back in action tomorrow at one on ESPN fifty thirty against IU Indy. Dayton fell to Loyola Chicago seventy six to seventy two last night. You see host TCU This afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at eleven thirty. Tip is set for noon right here on seven hundred WLW seventeenth rank. Kentucky's on the road in Tuscal Lusca Tusca LUSA to face number four Alabama that tips at six pm on ESPN fifteen thirty, and Xavier faces Seat Hall tomorrow at two on fifty five kr SE. We have some top twenty five matchups today, Number six Tennessee on the road to face number seven Texts A and m Oregon faces number eleven Wisconsin number eight Iowa State is on the road in Houston to face the number five ranked Cougars. Auburn host Georgia, Florida on the road at LSU, Duke hosts Illinois.
Speaker 2: All right, Liam, if you can hang on just for another moment more. I love talking about stuff that happened before you were born, which is almost everything I talk about, I understand, and I know that gets nauseating for you. But on this date in nineteen eighty, in the midst of what was called the Cold War. Now you may have heard of it. It happened at the end of the Cold War. Happened long before you were on this earth. But there was a time when the Soviet Union I eat what is present day Russia in smaller proportions, thank goodness, and the United States were in a nuclear showdown, kind of stalemate situation. We both had nuclear weapons, and it was a cold war because we weren't using those nuclear weapons. But there was all kinds of political rhetoric back and forth between the two nations, all kinds of animosity, distrust, and a total disconnect between the two systems of government, communism and a constitutional republic. That's democratically elected like ours. Well, those two things met head on on this date in nineteen eighty and something that became known later as the Miracle on Ice where the United States beat the Kamis the Ruskies in the Olympics and then went on to win the gold medal against Finland. Your thoughts, if any.
Speaker 6: I mean that Kurt russell Miracle on Ice pregame speech in the movie is one of like the it gets you fired up. It's one of those things in life, one of the few things that really just gets the juices going. I mean, that's something the pride, the nationalism, and that just means something like you saw the hockey game, even against Canada, and one that was like randomly created that didn't matter, you know, but that one had massive, clearly way more massive implications. I couldn't imagine the excitement. I mean, I'm sure that a miracle wasn't as big of hockey people pride then, yet it was still both believe you me.
Speaker 2: It was the major event of the winner of nineteen eighty There's no question, and Kurt Russell simply does not do it justice. But that's all you have. Well, we'll do some more history lessons soon. It's six twenty seven and seven hunderd WLW.
Speaker 1: I'm toasting you, sin Honey, we may be through.
Speaker 3: You'll never care.
Speaker 19: No whiskey blue.
Speaker 2: I'll chase those blues away, baby. We are heading these out of Cincinnati into well Claremont County and then passed Utopia into how now Brown County, to the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio, on the banks of the Mighty Ohio River. They're in Brown County on Main Street to a place called Brookies.
Speaker 9: Good morning, gang, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Well, there's just two of you today.
Speaker 1: It's a company, not a crowd.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you what that was now. I want to know now that the river has receded. Did the weather rock make it through the almost flood of twenty twenty five?
Speaker 8: Yes it did.
Speaker 20: It was laughing at its door, though, and the beaver and I went down and rescued the rockets earlier in the week. And they're riding around in my little green car right now. They're going I'm gonna kick them out today. I told him, no kicking in my car. He was going to kick you out today and put you back.
Speaker 2: So you saved the rockets for dryer weather. Yes, that's great.
Speaker 20: I think they would have gotten wet.
Speaker 8: I think they would have.
Speaker 2: You're such a good steward of our rocks in Ripley, Sure you really are. You do a phenomenal job. What's been going on there, Doug?
Speaker 9: Oh, now that's what's coming up?
Speaker 1: That's going on?
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, well Wednesday night, of course it would be the Queen of Hearts here at Ripley's Brookies.
Speaker 11: That should be around one hundred and forty thousand dollars I.
Speaker 10: Think by about the time they draw on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well that's almost that's almost high enough to maybe make a trip down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's almost almost high enough.
Speaker 2: All right. What else you got?
Speaker 1: Well? Nothing, there's no no band tonight. There's no food we have.
Speaker 10: We don't know if the cook's incarcerated or what the problem is here, but no food yet.
Speaker 2: But you know what we should we should make this kind of like an indeed, a monster spot for Ripley for Brookies to hire and recruit a cook who can stay out of jail. If you have culinary skills and you haven't been incarcerated in the last five years, please feel free to go in and fill out an application for the for the Brookies kitchen. Talk to uh, talk to Darren Brookbank, the boss of Ripley and the boss of Brookies. And uh and and you know, as long as you can stay out of the huscal, you're good. I mean, and you can throw a little slop on there. Whatever it was. It's a whether they got wings or something, or.
Speaker 10: It's got some great barbecue.
Speaker 1: But we just need somebody to serve it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just uh, you got to get somebody who is not not in stir so to speak, not.
Speaker 11: You could probably probably write your own ticket for as many hours as you want to work.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: See you Now that is definitely enticement that that is a benefit that not everybody can give, especially the federal government right now. Maybe maybe those maybe those people should learn to code. Isn't that what they told the people who lost the thousands who lost their job when they canceled the Keystone pipeline. Well, well you don't need those construction jobs. You should just learn to code. I think a lot of federal employees need to learn to code. Or if you can cook, make it to Brookies. They needed they need a decent kitchen chef. They can stay out of jail. You guys, have a great morning, and thanks for checking in.
Speaker 20: All right, all right, thanks, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: You got it. The gang at Brookies this morning. Still looking for a cook that can stay out of jail.
Speaker 22: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: This show, and one of many great joys of this show is that we are blessed with the wisdom, with the intelligence and the research that is done by one Steve Simon, a man who has been a part of this show with his pithy emails for years and then the phone calls that you have come to expect and to appreciate every Saturday morning. And he's back again with another one Steve from ETNA with news of the week.
Speaker 23: Very good. I give Donald Trump one thumbs up one thumbs down this week. Here's the good stuff. First, Trump's Gaza gambit is the most brilliant foreign policy move I've seen since Republican Senator George Aiken gave us a prescription for getting out of Vietnam in nineteen sixty six. Declare that we have achieved our military goals and redeploy a reduced force to areas the enemy has no hope of capturing, which, by the way, is what Zelenski should be doing right now in Ukraine. But back to Gaza, Trump's zigzag goes something like this. He threatens to take over Gaza and turn it into a Vegas or Monte Carlo type resort. He's not serious, I don't think, but he's scared by hell out of those Middle Eastern countries that panic at the idea that the United States would have a foothold in the Mediterranean, so they change their tune and are now sympathetic about relocating Godza refugees and perhaps even expelling Hamas. Trump wins a first round by in the playoffs. But this Trump doze dividend of five thousand bucks to every household in America is borderline. Luna c Center right Salem media talkos are positively giddy at this possibility, partially because they don't want to lose access to administration officials that they would anger, who in turn with boycott their shows. Let's start with Elon Musk's prediction that Dose will cut two trillion dollars in its government efficiency and anti fraud programs since the Budget Office says we are now thirty five trillion dollars in debt, and we do not have the prospect of a balance budget this year. The national debt will continue to grow. We have not had a true balance budget since the nineteen sixties. We're paying one trillion dollars in interest each year on that debt, and the principle keeps rising. Trump says twenty percent of the two trillion dollar savings will pay for these stimulus payments. But we're still operating.
Speaker 2: In the red.
Speaker 23: We are only turning the dollar faucet down a bit, not turning it off. I listened this week to talk show callers telling me how five thousand dollars would solve their financial problems. The problem in a lot of cases is that five k will have gone down the drain in a matter of days, and their underlying problems will still persist because most of these people need credit counseling and family budget skills. I'm reminded that a huge percent of lottery winners go bankrupt, and they went a hell of a lot more than five thousand bucks. How soon we forget the improper payments during the COVID nineteen relief aid the leftist Associated Press quote small business administration officials claiming the level of fraudulent payouts was at least two hundred and eighty billion dollars and the final figure for waste and misspent activity during COVID is at least half a trillion dollars. Do you think it'll be any different this time? With stimulus checks? Trump wrote into the White House and a pledge to make government efficiency again. But that will take some doing, and in the meantime we still have a broken system. But assume that we could write checks properly.
Speaker 14: Page two.
Speaker 23: This week, Gary Jeff a lot of anguish over workers losing their government jobs during Vietnam. Most of us welcomed unemployment so we could go home. In that regard, have we defamed New York Yankee first baseman Walter Clement Pip. Wally Pip is forever known as the guy who decided to take a day off and lost his job to lou Gary, who then went on to play two thousand, one hundred and thirty straight games for the Yankees. And the streak would have continued except that you got a fatal illness. Let's look at the rest of the Wally Pips story. Wally had led the American League in home runs in nineteen sixteen and seventeen. He played on the Yankee pennant winners in twenty one through twenty three, the year the Yankees won the World Series and Wally was no dummy. He got an architecture degree from Catholic University in DC, and in World War One he worked at MIT. He moved to our Cincinnati Ridz in nineteen twenty six, when he batted a very respectable to ninety one and had ninety nine RBI. In nineteen twenty nine, he took a step back to the International League, but he made more money in one year than he had in all of his previous Major League seasons combined. This guy's no dummy. During World War Two, he worked as a machinist, making B twenty four bombers. That guy was already in his forties. As for that headache that kept him out of the lineup in nineteen twenty five, he suffered constant headaches after being hit with a hockey puck as a kid in Michigan. Wally died in nineteen sixty five at age seventy one, in a Grand Rapids Michigan Nursing Home. Rest in peace, Walter Clement Pip of our Cincinnati Reds, whose games you can catch right here on w l W.
Speaker 2: Good day, fantastic, Thank you. Steve always surprises me with what he comes up with, you know, and sometimes and I've had discussions about this before, and I'm not wishing it on myself right now, but in the past in my life, when I have lost a job, it was the best thing that possibly could have happened to me, even if I did not realize it at the time. And he's right about the doze refund checks. When you're at the bottom of a hold, you don't keep digging. And you know, we went through this during the recession of two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine and people getting just these massive checks in the mail because the economy had tanked, because the housing market crumbled. And then during COVID, like you said, all of the fraudulent payments that went out under the auspices of COVID, and the fact we were told we were non essential and couldn't go to work, couldn't go out of the house. All of that garbage generated by the government, less garbage generated by the government means no, no, five thousand dollars doze check that you're maybe counting on. But it does mean there'll be a whole lot more unemployment in Washington, DC. And I can out for one. Wait, good morning, Ray, how are you?
Speaker 11: Gary, Jeff Walker, my brother, Good morning. Steve just continues to amaze. His timing is incredible, but very much enjoyed that. And I had just a couple of quick comments about the hockey game this week. And I'm also I'm astonished I did not realize that the Miracle on Ice took place on George Washington's birthday.
Speaker 9: That's amazing to me, indeed, And.
Speaker 11: To go back in history, you know, forty five years now, I can't believe it that that game Miracle on Ice was. It was actually tape delayed. Here is on a Friday, and somehow, amazingly, you know, most of us, I did not know, you know, what the outcome of that the game was. And ABC taped the latest so that it could be in primetime of course, or semi primetime.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: And I remember I got.
Speaker 11: A phone call from a nice little girl and I refused to call my mom, said, Carol's on the phone. I said, I watched the game that's only happened one time, in one time only, and then Juxta posted today's game, this big game the other evening, which, by the way, was a tremendous game.
Speaker 2: Oh it was my memories, I see, Ray. Here's the thing. I don't watch hockey. I just generally don't, as I'm not a huge hockey fan. But I was swapping back and forth between that and something else on Thursday night, and it was a fantastic game.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, yes, agreed, And in my mind and my memory banks, we will have won that game in that number one.
Speaker 24: We did.
Speaker 11: We were respectful during the national anthem of our friends from the North, and of course for our national anthem, and that in the performance of the national anthem, we've been an orchestra on the ice. We had a singer, oh my gosh, she was so amazing, who.
Speaker 9: Did not did not change.
Speaker 11: The lyrics of our national anthem, as opposed to the other side who chose to take liberties with the national anthem of Canada. I think that's unbelievably disrespectful. I do not yes, and I do not know if they shook hands on ice afterwards, because in forty five years. I wasn't able to watch the game at home live because I don't have cable, and I watched the results at the end of A friend of mine was texting me and I was watching the live blog from New York Times. No less, this fine score is archaic because that sounds but I in my mind we won.
Speaker 4: It was a great game, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just want to put it out there.
Speaker 10: That's just my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, good, good thoughts is always my friend. And have a blessed morning as you travel around real quickly, Steve. Another Steve from the Crow's Nest. I think I met you there. How are you, hi, Gary, Jeff?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm just killing time, brother, what's up?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to say hi and check in.
Speaker 25: Just I listened to you every Saturday and just wanted to check in and say hello.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite part of the show, Steve.
Speaker 25: I worked as a security guard on Saturday, and as I drive into my post, I listened to Lynette and then Dave and I guess those are the highlights.
Speaker 2: Well, those those are good bits right there. I like both those folks, love those folks, and of course.
Speaker 11: Old radio, Rick, so I listened every Saturday morning.
Speaker 25: Just wanted to say hello to you, old buddy.
Speaker 2: That's all well, thank you so much man, and hopefully be back over on the West side soon so I can see you too.
Speaker 10: All right, Still, are you still working there?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. I haven't done a shift at the Crow's Nest in over a year. But it's not out.
Speaker 9: Do you work out in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I'm at Huddles Cafe, where I've been for over fifteen years on Thursday, Friday and Saturday days, and I'll be there, God willing. Today after eleven o'clock I will have to stop in one of these days. You ever get the opportunity, it would be lovely to see you, my friend. Thank you so much. Steve Shulty is just ahead. We are once again going solo without the music professor Jim Lebarbara and hope to have him back in the fold very very soon. We will have rock and roll archaeology. However, Tom Davis Diaries, I don't know if Rocko is recovered from his trip to Kansas City. We'll find out together as we continue on this Saturday morning, six fifty seven at seven Hunter WLW my name is Kyle into another hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, February the twenty second, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. You are not and you should be thankful that you're not most of the time.
Speaker 19: Believe it.
Speaker 2: It's seven oh five on a Saturday and George Washington's birthday, and it's time to talk to our friend Steve Shulty, the environmental engineer, about this beautiful blue marble.
Speaker 1: We all live on.
Speaker 19: I see tree so green, redst.
Speaker 1: I see them blue five, and I'm into myself.
Speaker 2: What I wonder the wonderful world. Indeed, good morning, mister Shilty.
Speaker 18: Good morning Mary Jeff Walker.
Speaker 2: It's great to be with you again, sir. And this morning our focus it was gonna be on anesthesiologist and then I said, well that'll just put people to sleep.
Speaker 4: So we got a couple of things, all.
Speaker 2: Right, go ahead. You wanted to focus on the DOSEE efforts as.
Speaker 1: Well, so what about well, first of all, yeah, we.
Speaker 18: Got first, We've got it real quickie. Here this comes from the CO two Coalition, one of your favorite organizations with Gregory Whitestone, so CO two Coalition dot org or newsletter. This this Wednesday February nineteenth, but we will had a real quickie in here. Recently, a published article with the title Arctic Blast reminds us that warming is good. Donald Trump's second presidential inauguration is only the second and modern US history that dangerous Arctic temperatures have forced indoors, the last of the Ronald Reagan's second one in nineteen eighty five, when wind chills plunged to below zero. However, this winter's unstoppable, ferocious cold isn't combined to the US. In the East eastern hemisphere, that is, like Australia, Asia and whatnot, temperatures have fallen to record lows. Of course you don't hear about that period, Jeff.
Speaker 24: No.
Speaker 18: The next one, which I bumped off of the Inneshesiologist, comes from yesterday's The Climate Realism showed number one forty six at heartland dot org. Heartland dot Org. They talked about a number of things, but the one I liked particularly was Elon Musk's Those Crew continues to shine a light on how our obese federal government operates, and this while dealing with NGO's one of your favorite things. It is exposing more climate grift than even the most single almost could imagine. The latest involved the EPA giving failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacy Abrams two billion. That's two billion with a B for those intent to expand quote clean energy break by prioritizing housing equity and resilience quote quote per organization, Power Forward Community says it will install heat pumps, solar panels, EV chargers, and other green technology. Does Abrams have any expertise in this field?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 18: In fact, her organization incorporated itself with one hundred dollars in the bank just months before receiving two billion.
Speaker 2: Of our taxes because they knew the goodies were coming out of the US Talkspayers Platform.
Speaker 18: How would you like to have your bank account go ja from one hundred dollars to two billion dollars? But that doesn't stop there. The Washington three Beacon has reported this week that Biden put in charge A Yahee Wise. He is the founding of director of EPA's quote Greenhouse Gas Reduction.
Speaker 14: Fund quote quote.
Speaker 18: He funneled fund funnel funnel funneled five billions, again, five billion with a B to his former employer, another deep nd O called Coalition for Green Capital. This is nothing more than bribes and grafts and all kind of.
Speaker 2: Corrupt money laundering, and how there you go. How can it be an nng O a non governmental organization if it's getting money from us from the government, it's a government organization that's illegally incorporated and unconstitutional and should get no funds from us at all. Any nng O, it's if it's Anne. Yeah, you know what, have a bake sale or something good. They spent what seventeen billion dollars over sixteen years or sixteen billion over seventeen years for high speed rail in California and not one.
Speaker 3: Not one.
Speaker 1: That's a billion, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The only way green energy works is by taking putting a gun to our head and taking the green alibar wallace.
Speaker 1: That's it, the only way green energy works.
Speaker 2: That's it, all right, man. There's somebody in a tesla driving hearing this, going, well, they're idiots. I love my tesla. Well, good, love your tesla, but don't make me buy one. Thank you, right period, end of story. Sure, thank you, Steve, appreciate it as all was Tom davis diary and maybe Rocko just ahead. It's ten minutes after the hour let's bring in Rocco Costellano fitness experts. Our file had our physical trainer. It was fresh off the road from what may or may not have been a nightmare trip to Kansas City. I mean, at least he had good barbecue. No eight, he doesn't eat barbecue. I don't know, Rocco, did you need any barbecue when you're in Kansas City.
Speaker 14: I did not eat barbecue, but I had some awesome, awesome Kansas City ribs.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that is barbecue to me. I mean ribs, barbecue, you know, brisket, sausage, whatever. But so you had some delicious Kansas City ribs. Were they healthy for you?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Were they healthy for you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: No, But.
Speaker 14: When in Kansas City, exactly in Texas, when you have to eat the barbecue, you.
Speaker 1: Have to eat ribs, you have to eat.
Speaker 14: What you know, and and like here, you know, like when people come to Cincinnati they eat Skyline or they.
Speaker 1: Eat Greads or whatever.
Speaker 14: It's not going to kill you one time, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: But Kansas City was three degrees and then it was a minus two. So it absolutely sucked.
Speaker 1: It absolutely sucked.
Speaker 14: But I did want to just say that I was in Kansas City for the Triple Crown and I a women's volleyball a tournament with Premier Athlete Services of my company, and I have to tell you, I was horrified by some of the stuff that I heard from from the young women that were out there and the parents with what with what trainers and coaches were having them do. And I, you know, being in this business for over forty years, it still amazes me at the stupidity that's out there and in whatll.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me some specific examples of the stupidity you saw and heard when you were in Kansas City at this Now, how old were the women who were playing participating.
Speaker 14: They were between ages of about twelve years old and eighteen years old. And one of the biggest signs of a stupidity that I saw were the coaches and also parents were allowing these these young women and these children to be doing cryotherapy, you know, extreme temperatures.
Speaker 1: On their young bodies. And women go through.
Speaker 14: For growth spurts in their you know, in their young lives, and you should never be you should never be putting extremes like cryotherapy on their on their fashion, on their connective tissue, you know, and people believe that the cryotherapy uh, you know fixes inflammation, but it actually causes a damage to the tissue. Also, had like doing extreme things like box jumps or or like really heavy squats and dead lifts. You should not be doing that to our young bodies at all, you know, especially our young women's bodies that are going through a growth spurt.
Speaker 2: So so the difference is not like the difference Rocko, between the difference between say a girl who's between twelve and eighteen and they're morphing, they're changing, they're still developing, and a full grown adult who has sword. Then cryo therapy can be justified at times, right, yes, and all the and all the other things, because I know you've talked about you know, the cold plunge and saunas and you know the extreme temperature changes that you go through in your own fitness regimen. But when you're a young girl, especially at that age, it's totally totally inappropriate and it can cause a lot of damage, is what you're saying.
Speaker 14: There's too many vulnerabilities when they're going through the growth sparks that they're doing, you know, because the skeleton grows so fast and then the then it makes the connective tissue very vulnerable.
Speaker 1: And then if you're doing extreme.
Speaker 14: Stuff and more more croyo therapy like cold plunge any you know, like a cold plunge under you know over you know, forty five degrees, forty seven degrees or fifty five degrees isn't going to be as damaging as cryotherapy. That's you know, like that sub zero degree yeah.
Speaker 1: And many many degrees sub zero.
Speaker 4: So and then also like crazy box.
Speaker 14: Jumps when they don't have the foundational stuff that's that's needed, you know, to support the knees, the back, the group medius all that.
Speaker 2: Well, did you tell any of did you tell any of these idiot coaches and parents this while you were out in Kansas City?
Speaker 4: Of course I did.
Speaker 14: Of course I absolutely had to tell them, and I had to make sure that they weren't putting their athletes in danger.
Speaker 2: Very good, Well, you're you're good, egg Rocco. We appreciate the time. You can read Roco stuff at Rococostellano dot com. Rococostellano dot com. All right, time now for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to refer to them as they with strange, unusual, sometimes humorous stories from around the country and around the world. Here's our correspondent Tom Davis. Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 26: This week cats and dogs living together kind of. But first to Douglas, Georgia, where Jerome Taft called police after he noticed his truck was stolen. He came outside to find his four x four friend missing. There's a couple problems though, by the time the cops got there, he remembered that he let his girlfriend take the truck for the day, and he was arrested for an outstanding warrant. A woman in Bristol, England suffering from more to sesqusophobia aka the crippling fear of ketchup, Lee Woodman avoids ketchup at all costs and compares encountering it to being held at gunpoint. She can't look at a bottle of ketchup or have it near her due to the smell and texture, which triggers panic attacks. So far, nobody's asked her about. Mustard, a college student in the UK who wishes to remain anonymous, is going very public with his pain. You see, he came home one day to find his best friend in bed with his mom. After the shock wore off, he started to think back if there were any signs, and he says yeah, his friend would often suggest going to his house because the Wi Fi was faster.
Speaker 2: Mom has apologized, but they haven't really sat down to talk about it yet.
Speaker 26: And finally, a US couple named g and Key are going viral because they identify as a cat and a dog. They wear cat and dog ears, they play fetch, and they drink from pet bowls. They say that all they're doing is spreading love, and they hope that the rest of us do the same.
Speaker 2: Sure, if we could find a vet who could put him down?
Speaker 26: Next week, The World's Dumbest Bank, Robert believes the teller when they say that bank has no cash.
Speaker 5: Have a great weekend, solw Sports, William Tomlinson The Tale of the Chape.
Speaker 2: As we sit here this weekend.
Speaker 6: FC Cincinnati hosts New York Red Bulls and the MLS season Oprah at opener at seven thirty tonight.
Speaker 2: Will you be there for the march? I got off for tickets to the game to night.
Speaker 6: Thirty two degree temperature whatever I got off for tickets to the game to night. People are trying to get rid of them. It's cold. Probably they don't but it's the opener. Good the did you watch the CONKA CAF champions matchup on Wednesday night? I somehow missed that it was electric. Evander and Dank are the truth. We missed Nacosta. But I think this team might even be better than they were.
Speaker 2: Will kiss you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean Evander was third and I believe in the MLS MVP voting, so they're getting a star in him. And Dankey was a Golden boot player in Belgium, so they got talent coming in to replace the Costa. They spent the money, something we can't say about other teams.
Speaker 2: So there you go. YEP.
Speaker 6: College basketball, last night, NKU defeated Wright State eighty to seventy six. The Norse are back in action tomorrow at one against IU Indy on ESPN fifteen thirty Dayton Feller Loyola Chicago seventy six to seventy two. You see host TCU at noon pregame cover in at eleven thirty catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Xavier faces Seaton.
Speaker 6: Hall tomorrow at two on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: And Xavier and you see both in need of victories obviously, but Xavier maybe more than you see, would you.
Speaker 6: I think the Bearcats are gonna have to win the tournament Big twelve Tournament at this point to make the tournament. But Xavier they have a little leeway, but they need to Every game is important. They can't drop the game versus Seaton Hall. That's for sure.
Speaker 2: What else we got, if anything? We got Reds Baseball today spring training.
Speaker 6: You had the Reds begin their spring training games this afternoon. It's a split squad game, so half the team will be in Phoenix to face the Brewers. And that's where coach, that's where manager Terry Francona will be. Freddie Benavidez will be with the team in Goodyear as they face the Guardians. Both those games kick off about three ZHO five. We'll have coverage of the Reds Guardians game right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW with.
Speaker 1: The latest from Goodyear, Arizona.
Speaker 27: The annual reminder that baseball pants are unforgiving. Here's a spring training update, brought to you by Bud Herbert Motors and Kemba Credit Union on seven.
Speaker 1: Hundred Tell You Well, Tell You the Home of the Reds.
Speaker 28: For the first time since September twenty ninth of last season. The Reds are finally back to playing baseball. It's really unique because it's a split squad day here in Arizona, something I'm pretty sure the Reds have never done. On the first day of the Cactus League season. Half the team, including new manager Terry Francona, will be in nearby Maryvale, Arizona, to take on the Milwaukee Brewers. The other half, the team, led by bench coach Freddie Benavites, will be right here in Goodyear as they play the co tenant of this facility, the Cleveland Guardians. Graham Ashcraft, who is coming back from an injury that cost him half the season, will make the start today against Milwaukee. Ian Jabo, also coming back from injury. Connor Phillips, Taylor Rodgers, and Brian Shaw are also scheduled to throw for the Reds in that game. Hunter Green, who had a breakout twenty twenty four with a nine to five record and a two point seventy five ERA, makes the start here in Goodyear. Luis May, Chase Petty, Lyon Richardson, and Alex Young are also scheduled to pitch here at Goodyear. These are just two of what will be an ambitious thirty one game Cactus League schedule for the Rads. Hand, there are a number of questions that have to be answered over the next month. Sure, Hunter Green, Nick Lodolo, Brady Singer, newcomer Brady Singer and Nick Martinez are locks in the rotation, But what about that fifth starter? Andrew Abbott and Rhet Lauder are both competing for that spot, but they came into camp both with nagging injuries and are.
Speaker 2: A little bit slowed so far.
Speaker 28: And theforementioned Graham Ashcraft he wants to prove he can still start. Matt McLain and Nellie de la Cruz are set at second and short, But what about the corner infielders? Can jam Or Candelario bounce back from a subpar season Christian and Carnassi and Strand is coming back from injury? And where does newcomer Gavin Lux fit into all of this? Another newcomer, Austin Hayes will probably capture one of the outfield spots.
Speaker 5: TJ.
Speaker 28: Friedel will be the man in center field, at least right now he is, but where does that leave Jake Fraley, Will Benson and Stuart Fairchild, and we know Spencer Steeer is going to play, but will that be in the infield or the outfield?
Speaker 2: And who knows?
Speaker 28: The Reds could certainly make a roster edition or two before camp breaks and the team heads back to Cincinnati. The game here at Goodyear Ballpark will be the first chance the Reds have to experience the so called robo ump. The automated the Balls and Strike system will be used this spring in selected games. Each team has two challenges per game, but those challenges can only come from the pitcher, catcher, or batter. The dugout is not allowed to ask for a challenge. Terry Francona said yesterday that since the ABS system isn't going to be used during the regular season, don't expect any veterans on the team to actually use it. Since this system has been used in the minor league since twenty twenty one, there's a chance some of the younger players in later innings of this game may use the challenge system. We'll be on the air today with the RONL Carriers inside Pitch beginning at two thirty five. First pitch between the Reds and Guardians is scheduled for three to Zho five with the Reds in Goodyear, Arizona. I'm Dave Armbruster seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: You've been listening to the rint String Training Report, brought to you by Cincinnati Museum Center on seven hundred WLW, the Home of the Reds.
Speaker 2: Into another hour of the Saturday Morning edch for this Saturday, February twenty second, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker, just making it through, baby, Just make it. That's a fake it till you make it. Guests from Wally coming up. And I still haven't found a joke this morning. I've been searching endlessly for a joke. Brother Rick Green will be joining us, I assume in the next few minutes. Also, Dave Hatter stops by for a tech visit. Right now, it's time for a science minute and our friend science Mike chiming in about what. I have no idea, but we're about to find out, aren't we.
Speaker 16: Yes, as a nice scientist, he's been surprising it Bell blinding me with good morning, Michael.
Speaker 1: How are you well? Makes two of us. I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're gonna talk about here?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I do.
Speaker 24: I just want to say baseball.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 24: I remember two years ago, Jerry Jeff, when the spring training games, the very first one, this kid gets up at the bottom of the night the first game and he jacks went out for the red walk off in the first spring training games.
Speaker 1: Who is this guy is? The guy's name was Matt McLain.
Speaker 2: I remember, and I mean, we're all hoping he stays healthy this year. That's going to be a big key.
Speaker 24: Yeah. No, no sense in diving from balls in spring training. No anyhow, Garry Jeff, this story, I think it affects both you and I do our long in a tooth age we have. This is out of the Journal of America of the JAMA Journal for Medicine. Topic is impending hospital bed crisis. As early as twenty thirty two, and during the pre print pandemic of twenty nine to twenty nineteen, their bed occupancy in the hospitals was around sixty four percent, and during COD it spiked up. He got around the seventy five percent on an average, And obviously there was occuracy that was high rates in that in some some locations, but it didn't go down. Gary Jeff. Last year, in May of twenty three, to April twenty four, bed occuracy is still up to around seventy five percent, which is not good because when you have certain.
Speaker 1: Levels of flu that hit, and.
Speaker 24: You know that seventy five percent doesn't give you much leeway through what they call.
Speaker 1: Throughput they have appropriate care.
Speaker 24: Statistically, they said that in the ICU when he gets up around seventy five percent, that we had approximately twelve thousand of unnecessary excess deaths of people in this country when the ICU got up to that level. And the whole point of this discussion is because the baby then vers in twenty thirty two, occupancy is going to go up to eighty five percent, Gary Jeff. And the big problem is not that we don't have the beds. We can always build hospitals, but Gary Jeff, we don't have the nurses take care of people. I mean, that's uh, that's that's the that's the shortage issue really at hand.
Speaker 2: Well, all I know is that people die in hospitals every day. And this is not discounting the wonderful care and the dedicated professionals who have given their lives to caring for people and hopefully making them well. But when I'm sick, The last place I want to be is a hospital, whether I've got a better or a nurse, uh.
Speaker 1: To the hospital.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, and nothing against hospitals or the doctors and the wonderful nurses who do these miraculous things and and they're so selfless and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I don't want to go period.
Speaker 24: Yeah. You know, where do nurses come from? Gary, Jeff? They come from you go. Sound like a weird connection. But you know, we do so many silly things. We're killing off our our big uh uh saying we need in this country to survive or people we we don't. We can't exist without people. And we're just white, you know, taking away a certain percentage of these people that be borned people would be nurses and other things. And it's like now we're just like we're just always saying the way, have enough people to take care of people. It's just it just seems so like, Yeah, it's sad, it's really said.
Speaker 2: It's it's antithetical to uh, to having a sustainable future, that's for certain. I thank you so much, brother, and have a great week. It's eight eleven. It's seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 19: Name Bad and Kind.
Speaker 2: And great Reunion of souls. On a Saturday morning at eight fifteen on seven hunderd WLW Gary, Jeff, let's go to love and let's go to brother Rick Green for a little bit of inspiration with the word of God in the spotlight this morning. Hello, brother Green, how are you hey?
Speaker 29: Good morning, Gary, I just got down praying for you and your listeners.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I need it more than ever, So thank you so much.
Speaker 24: Gary.
Speaker 1: We had a good one today.
Speaker 29: We're coming from John five, verse twenty four.
Speaker 1: Jesus said, very truly.
Speaker 10: I care you.
Speaker 29: Whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has the eternal life and will not be I have crossed over from death to life.
Speaker 14: Amen.
Speaker 2: And what that essentially means is the basic message, the only real message of Christianity. Rick. It means no matter what sins when, because God cannot stand the sight of sin. But whatever sins we've committed in this life, if we follow Jesus and we believe Jesus is the son of God and gave his life for our sins, then those sins will be forgiven in death. We will put on a robe of righteousness regardless of our past record. That's it. That's it in a nutshell, and we have.
Speaker 24: To live with the king a king forever.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. And the only the only hoop you have to go through is belief.
Speaker 29: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to that day, Gary, but I do put a right in my dog y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do look forward to that.
Speaker 2: There there are things you want to get accomplished before you go home. I understand me too. All Right, brother, we'll have a fantastic week.
Speaker 1: Okay, you all have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: All right, Rick Rick Green There, this new movie is coming out, The Movie of his Life is just a few weeks away. I can't wait to see that. Eight seventeen. A conversation with Dave Hanner coming up after Weather in Sports this morning.
Speaker 6: At nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dared not tread and don not talking about the men's room on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: My wife Pat and I have been customers at the BMW store for years.
Speaker 30: Because Richard again this morning, as we are going to be in the middle teens. To kick off your Saturday good news isby warm to the mid thirties this afternoon with some sunshine. We'll be in the mid twenties tonight before we're back in the forties tomorrow, topping out around forty two from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 2: Get a quick glance at what's going on.
Speaker 6: Liam KU defeated Wright State eighty to seventy six last night. The Norths are back in action tomorrow at one against IU Indy on ESPN fifteen thirty. You see host pc at noon. Pregame coverage begins at eleven thirty. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW seven hundred to seventeenth rank Kentucky Wildcatcher on the road to face the number four ranked Alabama Crimson Tide. That game tips off at six pm on ESPN fifteen thirty. Xaviers back in action tomorrow facing Seaton Haul that tips off at two. Pregame coverage begins at one point thirty. Catch all that action on fifty five krc F Seasincinnati Ho's to New York Red Bulls for their MLS season opener at seven thirty tonight Tommy g Pregame coverage begins at seven o'clock. You can listen to that game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The Reds begin their spring training games today. There'll be a split squad as half the team will be in Phoenix to face the Brewers and half team will be in Goodyear facing the Cleveland Guardians. Those games first pitch are at three h five. Catch all the action right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Al Right, a few minutes to talk tech. Where's our friend, Dame Hatter? It wasn't pleased with a genesis the Silent Son, which was their first single in nineteen sixty eight. You understand they were trying to appeal to the producers so he would like them, and he liked the Beg's and it sounded very Beege like. I will give them that. Dave, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 7: I'm good, Garrett, yet thanks for having me on. I'm actually coming to you live from the parking lot of Pee Wee's and Crescent Springs, where I have breakfast with my dad on Saturday.
Speaker 1: So it's good to.
Speaker 7: Chat with you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome. I mean, if your Dad didn't mind. You could have taken it inside.
Speaker 7: No, he's a good I just wanted it to be nice and quiet, you know, and that I appreciate they were shooting for the Beg's. That song is terrible. I think they would not have made it had they stuck with that, but that's just my thing.
Speaker 2: Probably not, but again it was I don't know, it was almost fifty years ago. So anyway, what is on your mind? What should people be looking out for, Dave?
Speaker 7: Well, you had a lot of interesting news came out this week. Microsoft made this announcement from the quantum computing space about a new chip and they have apparently claimed they've created a fourth state of matter. That got a lot of press and then a bunch of debunkers. So, you know, I'm not a physicist. I'm not that up on that, but it's interesting for people who might be wanting to know where quantum computing is going for real and Layman's terms, Quantum computing is this idea that instead of traditional binary computers, where you're dealing with transistors that are offer on state, you have these quantum computers that can maintain multiple states at one time. It's some pretty wild stuff. And the real concern about quantum computing is that if and when it gets to a state.
Speaker 18: Where it actually is.
Speaker 7: Useful in the real world, current encryption methods, even advanced encryption use like military grade encryption, would potentially be instantly crackable.
Speaker 10: And that's the.
Speaker 7: Speculation around why the Chinese Communist Party is often trying to hoover up as much data as possible. Now, even though it may be encrypted, once you get to quantum computing, you can break all of that encryption and have all the data. So again, big announcement, it's kind of been debunked, kind of interesting. And in the other big thing, Gary Jeff, was the announcement coming out from Apple in the press that the UK and their new apparently crazy censorship laws has basically dictated to Apple that unless they've built the back door and their iCloud encryption that they would be they couldn't operate in the UK. So Apple said no to their credit and I'll explain a little bit more about what this means, and basically has now told users in the UK. And apparently this new law from the UK doesn't even allow Apple to explain why they're doing this, but Apple has put out that if you're in the UK and you use iCloud iCloud as their cloud based backup when it backs up your photos and that sort of stuff, that you will no longer be able to encrypt it, which means that law enforcement or bad guys would be able to access that data any time because without the end to end encryption, and and the encryption basically means that even your provider can't access that data. Only is someone that has the appropriate keys can access and Apple cannot access the data in high cloud if it's into end encrypted, and that's why these governments want it. So I think it's a terrible step in the wrong direction. It's very dystopian and orwellian. Things don't seem to be going well in the UK. I'm super happy. I'm an American and that is the fact that.
Speaker 2: Dave, is it a harbinger? Is it a harbinger of things to come? Here? Do you think? I don't think what this current administration it is?
Speaker 7: But uh, I think I think that's the right question people should be asking, and I think you're right. With the current administration, I would just say this. You know Apple has resisted the the in the past, and you and I have talked about this before. In the past, law enforcement FBI in particular has always been against end to end encryption because it makes it difficult, if not impossible, for them to get data unless they can get the keys.
Speaker 9: To unlock it.
Speaker 7: And then more recently, because of all of the Chinese Communist Party hacking, the FBI has come out and told Americans and I encourage everyone to do this, to use in encryption wherever possible because of all of this hacking. So I think we're coming around to the realization that back doors are never good. If there's a back door, it can be even though it might be there for quote unquote legitimate I'd be against this, but I understand the argument legitimate law enforcement agencies to get data. You know, it can always be exploited by bad guys, including adversarial nation states. So I think people are waking up to this in the government in law enforcement that back doors aren't good, Indian encryption is good, and you know, we're seeing this play out in the UK. So I to me, in my opinion, kudos to Apple for not agreeing to build into back doors and basically saying, fine, we'll just turn it off and you know, unfortunately for their consumers in the UK, it's bad for them. But I think it's the right move from Apple, and it's it's definitely an my opinion, a clear warning to everyone out there into end encryption as a consumer, as an individual is your friend. You should use it wherever you can. And any government that wants to build in a backdoor, any government that wants to defeat that is not your friend. In my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just so glad we first started talking and me getting this information from you. How many years it was, and you know what, the stuff that you say I take to heart. In fact, just this morning I changed my password from one, two, three, four five six. Thanks Dave, and I.
Speaker 7: Hope you at least went with something like password with an amber sand for a and an exclamation point at the end, because they'll never guess.
Speaker 2: That one care you never, Dave hadder enjoy breakfast with your dad. That's awesome, Thank you, sir. Have a good all right you two. Dave Hatter on the horn this morning. It's eight twenty eight, it's seven hunderd WL.
Speaker 30: Use fourcast news esbe warmed to the mid thirties this afternoon with some sunshine. We'll be in the mid twenties tonight before we're back in the forties tomorrow, topping out around forty two. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: Radar is clear twenty degrees right now at eight thirty six.
Speaker 2: I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 31: Next update at nine on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: News twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Kids. Time bill gives from Wally the watch. Jake is struggling through a bus station with two huge, obviously very heavy suitcases when a stranger walks up to him and says, have you got the time? Jake's size, puts down the suitcases, glances at his wrists, says it's a quarter to six, and the guy says, hey, that's a pretty fancy watch. Jake brightens up a little. It said, yeah, it's not bad. Check this out, and he shows him a time zone display for just every time zone in the world and eighty six different cities. He hits a few buttons from somewhere and a voice says the time is eleven to six in a very West Texas accent. A few more buttons in the same voice says something in Japanese. He continues to put in the regional settings for each city. The stranger struck dumb, he said, Man, that's an incredible watch. He goes, that's not all. He pushes a few more buttons, and very high resolution map of New York City appears on display. He says view received ten and the display changes to show the entire Eastern New York State. He said, I want to buy that watch. He said, no, it's not ready yet. I'm still working out the bugs. But look at this, and he demonstrates the watch as a very credible little FM radio receiver with a digital tuner, a sonar device that can measure distances up to two hundred and twenty five meters. A page with thermal paper print out the most impressive it all the capacity for voice recordings of up to three hundred standard sized books. Says, although I only have thirty two of my favorites in there so far, said I've got to have this watch. He said, No, you don't understand. It's not ready, but I'll give you a thousand bucks for it. No, I've already spent more than I'll give you five thousand for the watch, but it's just not I'll give you fifteen grand for it. And the stranger pulls out his check book and Jake's thinking, well, he got about eighty five hundred dollars into this watch with fifteen foul he can make another one and have it ready for merchandising in about six months. He said, fifteen thousand dollars, take it or leave it, and Jake goes, okay, hands the guy the watch. The stranger starts to walk away happily, and Jake says, hey, wait a minute. Point in the suitcases, the ones that we're causing him back pain, don't forget your batteries.
Speaker 22: Seven hundred ww Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: We'll hear the radio ads about the irs.
Speaker 22: They tell you to be afraid, to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling I'm not here to do that.
Speaker 2: Tax relief advocate for baseball season spring training games Today on the Big One on seven hundred WLW, I believe three zero five. First pitch the Reds versus the Guardians in a split squad action to talk about this and much more. Our friend Moeger is here.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on is? I mean, you got UC basketball today going on against TCU. We'll talk about that momentarily. But what's going on is all of a sudden, for the first time and nearly forty five years, I was excited about hockey again this week and then disappointed by the anti climatic loss to our fifty first state Canada. But today, Mo, is the anniversary of the miracle on ice February twenty second, nineteen eighty during the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid, New York, when the United States hockey team defeated the hated Commies the Russians in a surprise outcome, and then went on to win gold with their victory against I belief Finland. Was it Finland or Sweden? I'm not sure. Memory Finland? Yeah, okay, good, so the memory is not completely shot yet. This is good, but I don't know. I remember it fairly well because it was a point of national pride, and even though I wasn't into hockey at the time, it had kind of gripped the whole nation because it was a Cold War showdown on the Cold Ice, and the United States prevailed over the USSR and a big deal. I mean, I was like nineteen, you weren't quite as old. Do you remember it at all? And were you one of the little kids watching the Miracle on ice?
Speaker 4: That would have been the winner of nineteen eighty So I would have been just over two years old. So no, no recollections at all, no recollection at all.
Speaker 2: But you've seen the movie What's the Game?
Speaker 4: I've seen both movies made about it. I've watched the game. I've been to Lake Placid. My sister got married in Lake Placid, and so I've been to the nineteen eighty Winter Olympics Museum, which is at the rink that game was played in, and in the little museum there, they run the game on loot NonStop. So I am very familiar with the victory over Russia, very familiar with the victory over Finland. And it's an iconic American sports moment and one that we are still talking about four and a half decades later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, we're talking about it right here right now. What what did you think about the four nation tournament that the NHL conducted.
Speaker 4: Really stumbled into something, right. I mean, we've talked a lot about like all Star games and sports and how they've their usefulness has sort of expired, and do you get the guys to how do you get the guys to play harder and care about them? And the NHL found something that, at least in the short term worked, man, Because I think there's something undeniable athletes love representing and playing for their country. Yeah, and you know that's I think you see it with the World Baseball Classic in baseball, which obviously doesn't replace the All Star Game, but it's something they do every four years and has worked, has provided a lot of drama and is something that I think the players really look forward to. And and I think this replicated that. I think, you know, obviously, the fact that we are in a pretty heated political climate obviously adds to it. I think the fact that it was relatively short in length, that it was relatively easy to understand, four countries, the format was simple, and it also took place during a period of time where there's not a lot of other stuff going on, so hockey con silt of takes center stage like it. We always talk about things that leagues do that don't work, just work, And I'm with you everybody. I am a very casual hockey fan. Yeah, but man, Thursday night, I made a point of watching, and pretty much everybody I know did as well. And I do wonder if if that league now experiences a little bit of a bump in the aftermath of it, because everybody that I know is paying attention not just on Thursday, but last Saturday and throughout the tournament as well.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, I just thought it was one of those seminal sports moments, and you're right, one of the professional sports leagues got their all star thing figured out and it worked this time. I love major I love Major League Baseball All Star games. Though I still love the home run derby, and I still think that it's it's worth its weight and it's it's worth the time watching the Major League All Star Game, NBA, the I mean, good lord, the Pro Bowl? Kidding me? Flag Football? No? No, thank you? Do you think to do?
Speaker 4: I think? I think the Baseball All Star Game is is the one. And obviously this was different with hockey this go around, and Hockey's tried a few different things too. They tried a three on three tournament, they've they've tried something but baseball. At the end of the day, Uh, it's just a baseball game, right. It's the one All Star game that looks and feels like a regular season version of sport. And now I think it's a little bit different because you know, when we were kids, the All Star Game was maybe your one chance to see stars from you know that you typically didn't get a chance to see. And it's a little bit different now. But yeah, I think as a general rule, the Baseball All Star Game still works. And you know, they've also made the home run derby I think the central attraction of that entire week, and that started here in Cincinnati when people really started to care about the home run derby, I think in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I found it interesting that Terry Francona, the new Reds manager, decided to in a split squad game today, not face his last team, the Cleveland Guardians, and instead take the Red squad up against the Milwaukee Brewers. Will We'll have the Guardians Reds game this afternoon at three zero five and Science Mike was recalling a spring training game not too long ago where a little guy popped a game winning home run and like one of the first spring training games his name was McLain or something like that. And he's back, or at least we hope he's back. But your view on your view on what's ahead as we and what to look for during spring training if anything, I mean outside of no injuries, no diving for loose balls in spring training please.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know you start with that though, right, because toward the end of spring training last year is when we found out that Matt McClain was hurt. And you know there was and I remember talking about it with you. In the last two weeks of Cactus League play, there weren't these series of injuries that once the season started, really tested the Reds debts, and the Reds didn't pass those tests. So I'll start with that. This team, you know, injuries aren't the main reason why they finished with more losses than wins, but they are a reason, and so can they get through the next five weeks healthy? I think that's a major major story because you know, Matt McLain is trying to come back after not playing at all last year. He was their best player two seasons ago. Christian and Carnassi on stream got injured in April and didn't play again. They need him healthy. The starting pitching down the stretch drive last season kind of fell apart. Can they keep the starting staff healthy? So I look for that first and foremost. I think over the next couple of weeks, you know, there's some things that have to be sorted out. Who's going to play third base for this team, Who's going to man the corner outfield positions. I think also the Reds have to be better defensively. Tommy Fall and I were talking about this this week. They've got to be better at, you know, not just not making errors, but not doing the things that sometimes don't show up in the box score, throwing the ball to the right base, not giving away extra bases, getting the balls that they maybe weren't getting to last year. That's going to be something that I think is heavily emphasized here over the next few weeks. And then you know, just to see, you know, signs that the starting staff is set to take a major step forward. Hunter Green's going to pitch today. Hunter Green had an excellent season last year. Do we see things here over the next four or five weeks. That suggests he's capable of taking another step forward. Graham Ashcraft is going to pitch today. This is a really big year for him. He's a guy that got sent to the minor leagues last year and also dealt with injury. What's his role on the staff. There's a lot of really interesting moving parts. But I also think there's a lot of reason for optimism. They do have a Hall of Fame manager, and they do have a club that has some talent. I guess the question is can this Hall of Fame manager get this team to maximize its talent, which obviously didn't happen last year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're getting close to the madness of March mo And one thing I'm sure glad to see as we enter tournament time, and I don't know if they're going to be in the tournament in the NCAA tournament, but I was so glad to see that Uey Pooey changed its name to Indianapolis Indiana University in Indianapolis because there were just too many damn vowels in Uey Pooey. Remember I remember seeing Y Pooey Indiana University at Purdue University indian in Indianapolis or whatever. It was a strange concoction of just directional nonsense. Well, do you have a favorite directional school?
Speaker 24: Mo?
Speaker 10: Guy, there you are.
Speaker 4: I lost it for a second.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite directional school?
Speaker 4: Huh that's a good question.
Speaker 32: Uh no, no, I I can't say that, you do know, I can't say that I necessarily do.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll Southwestern Louisiana. I'll go with that, all right, fine, I will go with that. Southwestern Louisiana TCU today in town. What's going on though? Real quick?
Speaker 4: Well, it goes without saying it's a must win for the Bearcats. It's a pretty good TCU team, kind of in that second rung of teams in the Big twelve. I think the Bearcats right now, though, their biggest opponent recently has been themselves. You know, when they've shot it well, they've turned the ball over too much. When they've not turned it over, they haven't defended. They were awful at the free throw line again on Wednesday night against West Virginia. They just seemingly make the wrong play on way too many occasions. And I think also there's some individual players that at the beginning of the season, we were expecting a lot from that have frankly been slightly disappointing at least, and sometimes even more than slightly disappointing. And it's you're still waiting in late February for some of those guys to kind of get going. Their backs are up against the wall. They have to probably win every one of their games down the stretch to make the NCAA Tournament without having to go to Kansas City in the Big twelve tournament and make a run. This is a really, really uphill battle. And I'll be honest with you, back in October, I did not think we'd be talking about a team that, going into the last weeknd of February would already have eleven losses.
Speaker 2: Well, we will see you on the radio again. Have a good game, enjoy the game, and we'll talk to you soon. Moe Egger there, Ooey Pooey, Mike Allen counselor how are you doing? I'm learning all about Ooei pooey? Or the first time I saw what what college is?
Speaker 1: Ooey Pooey?
Speaker 2: Was it at a cartoon when we were a kid? I think so, along with Itchy and Scratchy. What's on the Saturday morning edition? Well, I don't have Itchy and Scratchy. I'll try to get them next week.
Speaker 31: But we're going to talk about in the rant, just the absolutely disgusting spectacle of the bodies of the Babis family.
Speaker 2: Although not the mom.
Speaker 31: We thought it was going to be her paraded through the streets of Palestine. It was just a sickening spectacle. The whole thing is. And you know, the first college professor who encourages his students to go out and protest and support of Palestine. And by the way, Palestine is Hamas, Hamas is Palestine, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, well that teacher, that professor does that. I want to know about it. Let's call it by its new rightful name, that little strip of land. Let's call it Israel West, because that's what it's going to be. And it is about time.
Speaker 31: Anything else, well, yeah, I'm going to talk to Alicia Reese check in with us about the status of the Bengals stadium negotiations, and we're going to talk politics at eleven o'clock with our friend Orlando Sonza.
Speaker 2: After the show show oh A huddles. We are celebrating Christa's birthday, which is tomorrow at the Bar If you want to come by and just wish her well. That'd be awesome. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Start your spring cleaning today and get an insanely clean home with Zero's carpet and er cleaning for the rest of this month.
Speaker 2: Mention me