Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sounders FC POSTSMAT Show. Sounders FC Sucker is brought to you by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. The Sounders FC FOSTSMAT show starts now.
Speaker 2: Total domination at Luminfield tonight. Sounders for Pomas, the second team in LEGA mchis right now zero total domination for the Seattle Sounders tonight as they move on in League's Cup. They have a date with either LAFC or the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday, August seventeenth. We'll see you back here at Luminfield for the quarterfinals of League's Cup. Sounders made it to the final in this tournament a few years ago, and they saw on tonight and based on what they've done in these last couple of rounds, they seem hungry to get right back to the final where they were in Vegas a few years ago. What a winn here tonight for nothing. We're gonna celebrated for the next twenty thirty However, long minutes here on nine to fifty kjrim Jackson Felt's Helen Roe peak viewing for the postmatch show, gentlemen, that was about as complete of a win.
Speaker 3: Calen, I think, as we have seen all year, it was all around quality from the players, from the staff and the subs.
Speaker 4: And even the fans.
Speaker 3: Right, we saw a lot more fans, a lot more noise. It was incredible, and so I think this was a full performance from them, and I want to see it continue as they go and progress in this league Cup and play another MLS.
Speaker 5: Team offensively, defensively. Jackson, you said it as complete a game, the team defending. Now, this is a good Puma's team, you said at a moment ago there second the table legal X and we were good. Listen to me, we right, all of a sudden, I men, the Sounders were good.
Speaker 4: Keller, he had the pregame tactics already. What do you mean, well, Jordan.
Speaker 5: Morris, you know he doesn't get any last week, but he creates a lot of chances and he gets two today and he was terrific. His first goal, fantastic, earn the second goal and oh beed Vargas was really good.
Speaker 6: They were so good. The center backs were really good.
Speaker 3: To speak for five minutes on each player from the back line, Andrew Thomas coming in big, sometimes coming out of the ball, you had Jordan making runs, but really just for me, he was battling with those center backs all game and then finally got his chance because they had tired out. We found on the right balls. Look, it's all around. This was a quality performance. And something we said last time was this is an exciting game. This is an electric game again.
Speaker 4: Because Sounders are playing fun soccer. You could just something you want to watch and.
Speaker 6: You can feel it. You can feel it.
Speaker 5: You can feel in the crowd when the team's saluting them. Yeah, I agree with you, and I'll tell you they might be coming together even more right at that locker room, they're gonna look at each other. Lombardi has a great line, there's nothing better than lying in the locker room in the total exhaustion of victory. These guys put it out on the table today and they played against a team this Puma's Seattle rivalry is heating up right these The last three games they've had with each other have been for important, you know reasons, right advancing the tournament, winning a cup. But there's starting to be a boil between the two and the game ebbed and flow. There was a time where Pumas were kicking us getting all after.
Speaker 6: Us and killing your thought on.
Speaker 5: Alex rolled on right, but it kind of shifted it and then Seattle weathered it punched them back in the face.
Speaker 6: This was really a boxing match today.
Speaker 2: You know, and I think that leads us. Listen, we need to talk about the play of the match. And this is an entire conversation right now, because Mitchell, don't freak out.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna call for any highlights right now.
Speaker 2: It's just an entire conversation because I think obviously there's four.
Speaker 4: Goals, right.
Speaker 2: You have the Paul Rothrock header, you have Jordan Morris left footed missile and coming off of the header from Rusnak.
Speaker 7: You have two.
Speaker 2: Penalties, which I think overall the that's created the penalties where it's Christian laying off to Obed who's taken down in the box.
Speaker 7: And the physical nature we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about the physicality from Jordan, the physicality from the entire team to stand up to these guys, get in their faces, hit back. I mean that that obviously it was taking near a fight at the end of there, but it would all start with the physicality of Jordan being taken down in the penalty that he hits in the ninety fifth minute.
Speaker 7: There's all four of those goals.
Speaker 2: There was some great defensive plays and call we were just talking off the air in terms of what is the.
Speaker 7: Play of the match. It may not be any of those for you.
Speaker 4: No it's not.
Speaker 7: It's it's I believe it's a twenty eighth minute.
Speaker 3: It was Christian rolled On getting fouled and getting that extra bit of kick and he finally stood up and he said no more. And then you saw players run around like it was it was Alex Roldan, it was Joe Paulo, who is one of the nicest guys getting in people's faces. It's Yemar getting in people's faces. Is Rothrock. You know, when you play these teams that are gonna be chippy, they are going to be you know, savvy, as many would say. You know, they want to get in your head, but it's going to do it physically. You have to make sure you stand up. And I think once we did that, three four minutes later we scored our first goal, and then you saw the chippiness come back, and you saw everyone puff out their chest and say no, no, no, we'll take care of this our way.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden four zero.
Speaker 5: I think that's what Brian Schmittzer will point out in the locker room, and it'll be one of the things he's most pleased with that is that they did not back down enrolled on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we need I'm sorry, we need to stop and talk about what's going on right now. Our booth is right next to the booth for the Apple TV broadcasters, and our good friend Brian dun Seth Dunny is over here calling the game for MLS Season Pass.
Speaker 7: On Apple TV.
Speaker 4: He just showed us a Sounders post. Was that a Sounder Sounders post?
Speaker 7: That's exceptional?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody, if whether you're listening to this in the future, a podcast very sad, very sad, it's a very sad cat.
Speaker 7: So the Sounders are very tested.
Speaker 2: A alternate Pumas logo that shows a frowny face.
Speaker 7: That's just an exception. That's pretty fine.
Speaker 2: So that's what we're just all reacting to this amazing social post by the Sounders.
Speaker 7: Well done to that entire crew, go ahead piece, So.
Speaker 6: You know, that's right.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I think that's what Brian will be most pleased about, because he's been looking for someone to step up. Christian was wearing the armband today, yep, right, and he hasn't been wearing it because Stephen Fries had the armband for so long.
Speaker 6: But I think he recognized I'm the kid now.
Speaker 5: He got kicked and I'm surprised that it could have gone to a red card, but Christian didn't back down. And then he had the support of his teammates. Andrew Thomas goes up for a cross, gets hit and Jackson Reagan, who I thought had one of his best games to play. So did Goms Andrade, so did the rolled On brothers on the right side. Everybody Rothrock knew who they it was. And Jordan Morris man it was so great. I know you text him after the game and he's like, hey, on to the next one, right. And he came in here no drop in confidence, wanting to get the ball.
Speaker 6: And I love that he took the penalty.
Speaker 5: Albert was off, but he drew the foul. It was for the fourth goal, and he did serve the penalty. He knew it, everybody knew it, and so and then he and then he buried.
Speaker 6: It with a lot of confidence. What a great performance.
Speaker 3: That's that's the quality that you have on this team as well, and the leadership that you're now seeing on this field. And I think something that was lacking when we had that little bit of a lack looks lesser start in the beginning of the season, was who was going to take control, who was going to be the leader, who was gonna, you know, step up and say no, this is our team.
Speaker 4: Let's just let's who's going to be.
Speaker 3: The one to everyone kind of comes around, and I think Christian did it.
Speaker 4: I think Jordan did it there at the.
Speaker 3: End when he he was the one that got taken down and he, you know, he calmly said what the heck, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: And everything kind of started. But he then calmly put the ball in the back of the net. And that's the quality that they needed. When he comes in he misses eight chances last game, he has the quality and the understanding of the good professionalism to say, all right, well, tomorrow's a new day. I'm gonna put my chances away next time, and guess what, here's two tonight.
Speaker 7: We have a lot to get to.
Speaker 2: We have to take a break here, there's there's there's I mean, it's a four nothing Sounder win. We move on to the quarterfinals in the League's Cup. Obviously we're all real happy right now. It's a good night Sounders FC Soccer is presented by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Sounders FC. We'll continue talking about the players involved with this.
Speaker 7: Who gets man of the match? I don't even know if we fully decided what the play of the match is.
Speaker 2: And we continue reacting to this great complete Sounder windsnight for nothing at Lumen over Pumas, which again is the number two team right now.
Speaker 7: I know early in the season, but number two team in.
Speaker 2: Lega mckis down there in Mexico, so heck of a win tonight for your Sounders. We'll continue talking about it next on Sports Radio nine to fifty KJR AM.
Speaker 8: This is the famous footwear that makes us actually want to go back to school. With the newest styles from all your favorite brands like Nike, Adidas, Crocs, Converse, New Balance, Birkenstock and more, you'll find everything gets won all at prices parents can appreciate because you don't have to overspin to make it famous. Famous footwear even has fit experts in store to make sure you get the right size every time. So for the perfect fit, make it Famous plus right now buy one, get one half off when you shop your low Famous Footwear or Famous dot Com. Some exclusions apply.
Speaker 9: Gallagher knows what's essential to our community is being there for one another when it matters most, facing the future with confidence together. It's why we're proud to sponsor Seattle Sounders FC through every challenge. Gallagher consults with employers from around the globe to better drive outcomes for their organization and employees. Because no matter what new normal comes next, Gallagher is here to help you face it. Gallagher Risk Management, Benefits, insurance and Consulting. Visit us at AJG dot com.
Speaker 10: This is Lamar Nagle, former Seattle Sounders FC player and current Rave Foundation board member. Rave, the official charitable partner of the Sounders, uses soccer as a vehicle to inspire kids to be well, to learn, and to have fun. Through our twenty six Fields by twenty twenty six initiative, we are committed to building twenty six free play fields in underserved communities throughout Washington State in time for the twenty twenty six World Cup. Join Rave's twenty six Fields by twenty twenty six movement today by visiting Grave Foundation dot org slash donate.
Speaker 11: Hey Drew Scott here, and I'm Jonathan Scott, reminding you that life's better with the home policy from American Family Insurance. They can help you get just the right protection at just the right price and help you save when you bundle home and Audo. Kind of like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, It'll be just right for you. We love a custom build. American Family Insurance Insure Carefully, dream, fearlessly, get a quote. Can find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 12: Products not available in every state.
Speaker 4: Visit mfam dot com to learn how discounts may apply to you.
Speaker 12: American Family Mutual Insurance Company SHI and it's operating company six thousand. American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 13: Hey deck Fane here.
Speaker 7: We're in the middle of AC season.
Speaker 14: With the forecast I'm reading for August that air conditioner is going to work over time. Good thing Alpine has now added service on your AC and HVAC systems to go along with their expert cleaning. You need to get your AC cleaned, inspected, and charged with coolant to beat the summer heat.
Speaker 4: The most efficiently.
Speaker 14: Don't have an AC system yet, Alpine will install one for you. In fact, they'll give you one thousand bucks off a high efficiency AC system if you call and mention me your kjar. This is in addition into the thousands of dollars in rebates and tax breaks you'll receive by switching to Electric. Alpine Specialty Services employees only certified master h vactechs that perform tune ups and repairs of all types of ACEVAC systems and replacement of heating systems. Alpine has been cleaning Northwest homes for fifty five years and now can help keep your HVAC system in tip top condition as well.
Speaker 4: So give him a call today.
Speaker 14: Ten thousand and five star reviews, including mine, are a testament to their quality and professionalism two O six five oh one two two two three and Alpine Clean dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Home of Sounders FCS Sports Radio nine fifty KJI whip Well get it by rough Rock Backer than that brilliant.
Speaker 14: Cross by Russ Snack and a wonderful header into the bottom.
Speaker 15: Corner from that man Paul Roth Rock sound as god Ron.
Speaker 6: Goal to nail.
Speaker 2: That's the goal that started its sound just kept going from there. Three in the second half, two of them via the spots, and they win tonight at Luminfield four nothing over Pumas of League Mchi's and they move on to the quarterfinals of League's Cup. A heck of a win tonight for your Sounders. They'll be playing on Saturday back here at Lumenfield against either San Jose or LAFC. Those two teams face off tomorrow night in the other round of sixteen game Jackson Kellen Pete here on the postmatch show. We heard the highlight there and you know, we had that discussion over you know, play the match when we started the discussion the last segment. I'd like to kind of continue that because just I get three minutes before that was the foul and Christian getting in the faces saying we're not gonna take it, We're gonna be physical, We're gonna punch you in the face two and you know, metaphorically, and then you've just a few minutes later you had that goal, and I always believe goals change games. I am on the side of that goal definitely set in the tone of yeah, we're gonna punch you in the face and then we're gonna score right after we do it. So for me, that's the play of the match because it really was kind of the first one that got it going.
Speaker 7: Callan you kind of you gave you a Nawson, I think.
Speaker 2: I think it's also very warrant to very spot on for why that moment in the twenty eight twenty ninth was also considered for Play the Match, Pete, I'm gonna let you be the tiebreaker.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna go with the guy who got the game winning goal because this was a.
Speaker 6: Back and forth game.
Speaker 5: They had a great opportunity where to on the right hand side, and he gets a good ball in and it's in Martinez, missus.
Speaker 6: The sidery sends it over the crossbar. We're on our heels a little.
Speaker 5: Bit, and that first goal changed the complexion of the game, and then they held on and they built from there. That was a good building block. The foul created the momentum for sale. But that was a fin what I loved about it. Right, and kids at home watch this part.
Speaker 3: It's a two B one there, Yeah, And they.
Speaker 5: Recognize that they have a number advantage, right, and so they play a little little two yard pass, commit the defender get around him, and then Albert has all that time and Paul Rothrock gets up and gets a great header. I'm perfect right just inside the post. Who was right behind.
Speaker 6: Him, Jordan Morris.
Speaker 5: But that that started the beginning of a long journey toward a four not to win.
Speaker 3: It's smart soccer players, right, you have to two of the smartes soccer players you have on the field right now with Joe Paulo and Albert Rusnak going, hey, they only sent one out here kind of looking at each other like, are you serious You're gonna give the you know, one of the leading assist makers in the league with Albert Rusnak.
Speaker 4: You're gonna give him that much time and space around the box? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: And like you said, you know Paul Rothrock getting up, this is not an easy header. He is in, He is in the mix of it. He is, you know, towards the six. It hits off him inside of the post. You know, any other day that may have skipped and hit the outside of the post, and may it hit the center of the post.
Speaker 7: It hits the inside of the postil.
Speaker 4: Guys, he does, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: But you know going back to my point, because I'm gonna really nail ahead.
Speaker 7: You have a good one.
Speaker 3: No, it is because you know that moment started the trip the ripple effect. It really did, and that was the moment that kind of started it all going. You saw the energy rise, and I think that's the energy that they needed to go through.
Speaker 4: I talked about in the pre games.
Speaker 3: See you know, I wanted the emotion to be taken out of the game, and I was wrong. I wanted the emotion to stay level, and they did sometimes in these games, especially against teams in the MX. It is it is all about matching the emotion and matching their physicality. And that's something that Christian finally did and everyone saw it and said, oh we can.
Speaker 4: We can do that. All right, let's continue to do it. And then you saw Puma's drop.
Speaker 3: From that moment, you saw Puma's drop and you saw Seattle get higher. It is that for me was the moment that changed the game. And that was my moment of the match.
Speaker 5: The antics didn't work that the film has tried to impose, because Seattle.
Speaker 4: We did it.
Speaker 6: Savviger got to the edge but didn't bite and go over the top.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that, you know, the whole element of the physicality rising, the challenge being there every punch. This really was a boxing match that just kept going and in the end it's you know, you know, it's a dominant win in the match, but at the same time, it did feel like a fight out there for so long. We have that to talk about wrapped into that is the man of the Match conversation. A lot more to get to as we continue the postmatch show Sounders with a ford a Nothing win over Pumas tonight here at Luminfield.
Speaker 7: They're on to the quarterfinals in League's Cup.
Speaker 2: We'll also tell you more about these specific details on that. It's all next on Sports Radio nine to fifty KRM.
Speaker 15: At um Quahbank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, we believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Umquahbank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit umquadbank dot com to learn more.
Speaker 16: Member FDIC, Hey there, Sounders fans. All of us at sound Transit love when you take the train to the match. But we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect, travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might save by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for. So next time you're buy a track, play it safe. That way, we all win.
Speaker 1: A message from Sound Transit.
Speaker 17: When two forces for good come together, united by a greater purpose, something amazing happens. We become greater than the sum of our parts to better serve our communities, providing excellence and compassionate care, advanced treatments, and leading edge research. Together, for more than a decade, we deliver on the promise of world class healthcare in the Pacific, Northwest, Providence, Swedish Together for you.
Speaker 12: White chose a sleep number smartbed.
Speaker 4: Can I make my side softer?
Speaker 7: Can I make my side for whenever I want?
Speaker 13: Can we sleep cooler?
Speaker 12: Sleep Number does that cools up to eight times faster and lets you choose your ideal comfort on either side. Ninety four percent of sleep Number Smart sleepers report better sleep and now during our biggest sale of the year, say fifty percent on the Sleep Number limited edition smartt plus special financing, limited time to find a store near you. Is It's sleep Number dot Com. Sleep Number Official Sleep and Wellness partner of the NFL.
Speaker 17: It's clogged again.
Speaker 13: Your drink just had it clear? You didn't call it Paulo plumbering. How can you tell because your drain's clogged to get so frustrating. We can clear that drink.
Speaker 17: That's what the last guy said.
Speaker 13: Will clear it guarantee. He said that too. Paulo Plumbing will clear your drain, or it's free. Wait what A Paulo Plumbing clears your drink or it's free? What's the catch? No catch, fine print. A Pollo Plumbing clears your main drain for eighty three.
Speaker 17: Dollars eighty three or it's free.
Speaker 13: And will even give you a camera inspection because it's the best way to find what's causing your claw. But that's extra Nope, included, no extra charge, not one set eighty three or it's free. Well it takes is an accessible outside cleanup and an Apollo plumber. No clog is safe from Apollo Plumbing and.
Speaker 17: Just like that, my main drain is draining again.
Speaker 13: How can you use Pollo Plumbers? Are that good? Eighty three or it's free you call, we come.
Speaker 17: My drain's training again.
Speaker 13: Guarantee eighty three or it's free as it should be Apollo Plumbing Apollo Plumbing dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders FC, Seattle's sports Radio nine fifty kJ R.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to the post match up. You're just joining us Sounders.
Speaker 2: I'm massive windsnight at Luminfield for nothing over Pumas. So what happens next? They're in the quarterfinals of Leagues Cup. They are going to be facing the winner of tomorrow's match between LAFC and the San Jose Earthquakes. That's going to be coming up on Saturday the seventeenth. Here this Saturday at Lumenfield. No set time on that yet, but obviously Sounders and we'll have all the details when that gets finalized. It will be Saturday against either LAFC or San Jose. With details to come, and for that match you can of course watch on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. We'll have broadcast details to come. So that's what's coming up next for the Sounders really quick. During the break, we pointed it out that we could hear Sounder fans I think outside the stadium still chanting and still going there.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 2: You know, we've kind of felt the energy in these crowds the last few games. There was a distinct rise in energy tonight. You hearing it after the game, you're seeing it throughout. It was different tonight, Kellen, Well, if.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of when I came back in twenty twenty one and the stadium just started opening up, and so you slowly saw people gathering again and gathering again and gathering again. And then you get to the twenty twenty two Championship League Cup and you're like, oh, this is a full stadium and the electricity is there, and I think you're starting to see the climb again where the electricity is back, the exciting football is back. It is it is around now that Seattle the Sounders are back, and that's what I'm that's what I'm feeling in that summer.
Speaker 4: Sounders is really coming together. Yeah, all right, well, we.
Speaker 2: Need to kind of get into the conversation of not only the man of the match, but also kind of the element of the physicality this match. And let's just rope in the conversation we were having a second before coming back on the air, and Pete, you said, what said.
Speaker 5: That the Sounders did not back down. They matched the energy, but they didn't lose control. Yes, they kept their emotions intact. They didn't do anything extra. There was no extra elbow and that's what the Pumas want to get out of that. And the Sounders played within themselves, matched it, pushed back, but didn't cross the line.
Speaker 2: And then you said, I think a really spot on thing, and Pumas didn't have an answer. It almost it almost felt like, you know, Pumas, no, hey, we're we're a physical team. We know we're physical league, et cetera, et cetera, and we're gonna punch you in the face. I'm not sure if they expected the Sounders to punch back as.
Speaker 7: Hard as they did.
Speaker 4: Their antis want to smile through the blood, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: They didn't realize own, Oh no, yeah, you know, we we probably punched the wrong bear here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is not gonna be good for us.
Speaker 3: And he also, you know, coach off the air here was saying, you know, our defense, we gotta we forget we shut out.
Speaker 4: We just shut them out.
Speaker 3: Like you know, they really didn't have that many chances. They had the goal that got called off sides. Uh you know, fair enough it was offside, so we're gonna give that and just throw it away. But otherwise, you know, Andrew Thomas had a few saves, but pretty much right at him. He had a few times where he had to come out and came out pretty strong in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Really well done.
Speaker 3: But Yamar Jackson, Alex Knew who when they came on read Bigger Whiting, Jonathan Bell. I'd give you know, Draw Paulo and uh An open Vargas huge credit as well because they they shined that that back line as much as possible. This was a good defensive performance.
Speaker 2: Which is why I'm going listen, I'm not gonna say that the team we saw on the broadcast that I believe it was MLS went with Albert Rusnak from Man of the match for me, defensively shutting them down. The physicality, the punching the face, being able to step up and make a tackle when you need it at most, usher a ball pass the end line Jamar Gomez Androtte.
Speaker 7: For me gets mad of the match. I thought he was exceptional tonight and he.
Speaker 2: Embodied that physicality, that smiling through the blood. Christian the same way too, but you know, just leading that back line. It's hard to narrow it down to one. But for me, my hat's off to Yamar. I thought he just had an amazing game. But Pete, I understand it. The right answer is probably Rusnak. Obviously the assists the goal. He was exceptional tonight as well. But who are you going with?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm with you on the Albert thing, and I just think everybody had such a great game. I was so pleased that Jordan Morris came back and got two goals. Yeah, right after not connecting.
Speaker 7: He gets a shout to water off a duck's back last.
Speaker 5: Week because he could have had three or four, and he comes back in this one. And the goal that he got the penalty kick on he deserved right, and the goal that he did score. Albert lays down a great header. He takes a great touch with his back somewhat to the goal and and he lays it down and then smacks it, smashes it. You said a missile, and it was a missile that went into the back of the net.
Speaker 6: That was goal number two.
Speaker 5: So what I'm proud about on that I mean, and I would give it to Albert as well. But Jordan Morris comes back, gets back on track, has complete confidence, gets the last two goals.
Speaker 6: You're up, Come on, come on.
Speaker 7: Here's why.
Speaker 4: You know, there's many reasons.
Speaker 3: Why, though, is when Albert came into this team in twenty twenty two. You know a lot of people were not so sure about him, but you don't realize Albert changed his whole game to fit to Seattle. You know, you had Rol Rudiez who was the guy. You had nicolo'dero who was the guy Christian rolled on, you had Job Paulo. He wanted to fit into the team to play that year we won a championship. Right, Albert has now given the freedom to play like he was, to play like the DP is the reasons and we got him. Now he has the freedom of being that DP. And you see the numbers skyrocket. He is the one that we go through. He is the reason we are scoring a lot of these goals. He is becoming the Albert Rusnak of old with maturity he is. He's really put together his game and fully rounded it out. And I think all the fans are now seeing the Albert Rusnak they wanted to see a few years ago but didn't know the work.
Speaker 4: That he put in to become that.
Speaker 3: And I think that is you see it in the past three four or five months that he's had an incredible, incredible little run. But another two assists and a goal, that's that's my manager.
Speaker 7: I actually looked it up.
Speaker 2: He has, I believe, six hundred and twelve assists in his last twenty games.
Speaker 7: It's a remarkable over.
Speaker 5: Now, that's a great point from kiln that's a player's perspective, right, because he did when you're.
Speaker 4: Saying that he hadn't he had to play a more defensive role.
Speaker 5: It was Nico's team, it was it was rules team, and he had to find his spot and he couldn't play to the position that he wanted necessarily, and we're seeing him getting better and better and better. You're off by a little bit on your stats, Jackson.
Speaker 3: Sure it's only six hundred and eleven, yeahsists in two games, but now you know nine assists.
Speaker 6: In the m mols.
Speaker 5: But he's got four so far in the in the League's Cup, so yeah, and then and they've been greatest Is and his corner cooks have been great.
Speaker 6: We all of a sudden, are goal dangerous a lot more.
Speaker 4: On set pieces pieces? What's going on there?
Speaker 3: What's seven goals by the way, you know, So I've always been told when I was a player that set pieces, both attacking and defensive, is all a mindset.
Speaker 4: It's all a mindset.
Speaker 3: Who's willing to put their body on the line to score the goal or to protect the goal. That is something that's happened. And you saw it with Yemar, you sat with Jordan. They they are willing to now put their body on the line and say, no, that's my ball. If I'm getting bumped, it's gonna be There's gonna be a lot of traffic in there. There's going to be you know, tugging elbows. There's gonna be a lot of things going on there.
Speaker 4: It's gonna hurt. But if it goes in the back of that hurts a little less.
Speaker 5: It's four goals on recent arts in the last two games to last game two. This one, Yeah, because Jordan Morris is it was a corner comes out. Yep, Albert knocks it back in and it's not the first. You don't have to score on the first one to consider it a restart goal. And then the two v one Yeah, yeah they are they are hitting on all cylinder.
Speaker 2: It feels like this feels like one of the nights where you're you're up late with friends and you're you're just having a grand all time and you're just telling stories and enjoying whatever you're enjoying, and uh and and the mar your mom and your parent comes by and says, turn off the lights. It's time to go to sleep. It's time for us to end this post game show. And I wish I could say up for another hour. Just I mean this, this was This was an incredible to night. I mean, I mean honestly, and and I think I think we nailed it in terms of the man. Albert was tremendous tonight, as was everybody else. About as complete of a win as we've seen in a long long time for nothing over a really a great Puma's team. This is a team that just went to Vancouver, a team that's a pretty good Vancouver white Caps team this year, and handle them to nothing and the sounder has just beat them for nothing, very very impressive win.
Speaker 7: They're moving forward to the quarterfinals of the League Cup.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be seeing you right back here on Saturday, where Seattle will be taking on either LAFC or San Jose and that will be for a trip to the Leagus Cup semifinal. We already are in League's Cup Open Cup semifinal. What's what's wrong with being in a League Cup semifinal two? So that will be what's on the line Saturday. We'll see you back here at LUMAN. Broadcast details to come, and we're gonna have sounders weekly on kJ our Wednesday ninety three point three KJRFM, where we'll have more broadcast details, we'll talk more about the game, we'll do interviews, and we'll react more to what was a great win tonight. But yeah, that's the moment the door is selling to turn the lights out. So we got our run here tonight. Thank you to everybody with tonight's broadcast. Mitchell Bly back in the studio, Terry Ryan here on side, Ryan and Keeley our.
Speaker 7: Broadcast team here behind us. Thanks to them.
Speaker 2: Great call tonight from Danny Jackson and Brad Evans, and I want to thank Pete Feuing and Caleen Row here alongside me for the wonderful pre half and postgame shows.
Speaker 7: My name is Jackson Felts. We thank you all for listening tonight.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you both on ninety three point three KJRFM Wednesday seven per Sounders Weekly and then once again Sounders LEAGUEES Cup quarterfinal Saturday against LAFC or San Jose.
Speaker 7: Enjoy that match tomorrow night. We'll talk to you soon. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Have a very good rest of your evening and CBS Sports Radio is coming up next.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Sounders FC postmad show. Sounders FC Sucker is brought to you by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. Tune in next time to Sounders FC Sucker