Speaker 1: Welcome to my world, bitch.
Speaker 2: Wow God good.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween listeners, and welcome to the one hundred and seventy first episode of the Supernatural Occurrent Studies podcast.
Speaker 3: So Spookily Paranormal.
Speaker 1: My name is Jason Knight, host of the show, and with me as.
Speaker 3: Always is or Scott Specter.
Speaker 1: Producer Extraordinary and podcast co host Oscar the Cinnamony Crisp. This is in the air.
Speaker 3: It is Halloween time. I mean it's October first for.
Speaker 1: Me, it's it starts like September twenty five.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I'd not. It's done been starting. I've already been watching horror movies. Not that I need an excuse, but I've been watching more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you never need an excuse for horror, but you can just add more horror. Right tis the season? Yeah, you know, we're kind of getting ready here, starting to break out all the Halloween decorations and ordering more. We're gonna be making some custom decorations.
Speaker 3: When usually put up decorations.
Speaker 1: We're probably gonna start this weekend. I want to get my big twelve foot skeleton up this weekend.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Nico's excited for it to help me put that thing up. So yeah, love it, love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I asked him what he wants to be this year. He had no idea.
Speaker 1: He's making something in the garage, like what his own kind of Halloween and tell me that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, punk, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what it's gonna turn out to be. But it all started from he found like a folded up hanger wire hanger in our shed and he just kind of looked at it and suddenly now it's this whole mask kind of thing with a working jaw, like these big ear kind of things coming out of it, and he's made like claw hands all out of like cardboard. You know, it's good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Put him down for engineering school.
Speaker 1: It's pretty interesting. I'll show you when you when you go to leave, I'll show you the gage.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we're gonna I'm trying to make a fence, like a cemetery fence, like a real one this year. And so yeah, we're excited. And Halloween's on a Friday this year.
Speaker 3: It is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Man, that is a big deal.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun. Hopefully it's not too debilitatingly cold. Fuck that's the only thing. Otherwise it's perfect time like it Friday, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so obviously we're gonna have a big party here. Yes, you're invited. Of course. You said you have a costume. Don't tell me what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna tell you. I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 1: I know quite a few people who are coming are going to be dressing up, so that means my fans has to find the costume.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you have to this year, I have to do something. Yes, what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: I have no I have no a jelly bean.
Speaker 3: I have no idea a jelly bean. Yeah, I think that's what I supposed to. Now stop stop, I don't know what's your jelly bean flavor.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's got to be like jelly belly and like the popcorn flavor ones bubble gum flavor.
Speaker 3: I would say, bubble gum is probably up there for me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got that.
Speaker 1: So now we've got to order all our full sized candy bars.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So, I know you're not like type directly in my area. But for some reason, and I thought it was just me on this jay. So I take walks almost every night to get physically better. It's an excuse to just do not do something else. And I also I unplug it too, like I'm almostly trying to do that, trying to not be in my phone or you know, listening to something all the time. So anyway, I would take a walk, usually at least a mile up to three or two or three miles. I walk around, and I've been noticing more spiders.
Speaker 1: Oh, just the name. I get goosebumps like this.
Speaker 3: This past month September has been spidery. Oh. I noticed, for example, I would walk by, there's a few blocks away from my house. I would walk by that night, of course, like midnight, one am, and I saw there's a bunch of trees everywhere, and there was a there was a tree there with a branch sticking out with the leave sticking out, and there was this noticeable web that was that the spider was so industrious it attached itself to from the tree to a parked car.
Speaker 1: Holy shit.
Speaker 3: And the spider was like this big in the middle chilling it already finished.
Speaker 1: The size was about three inches what you showed right there, I don't know, that's about.
Speaker 3: Three inches that's your Is that three inches? About three inches? Okay? Whatever? It was a big one and it was chilling there.
Speaker 1: Sell the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know what owner did or anything. But like next day or two, a few days later, when I walked by the same area, obviously I didn't notice that. I wasn't making I didn't know what kind of car was, so I but I didn't see that same So the car mustn't moved and the spider web got destroyed. Right, But I saw that same I assume it's the same spider industriously building a new one underneath the like the branch and the cook of the tree where the leaves start. I'm like, Okay, that's better. But like I'm like, so, that's not the only time I've seen tons of other sp I kept filling webs on my face all the time, like I was a walk by. I kept double checking. At one point I had my sidewalk blocked off from a giant web a different area, entirely different spider. I had to walk around. I had to go into the street walk around to bypass it because I'm not going to touch that.
Speaker 1: And this wasn't a Halloween decoration. No, no, it's a spider. It's They're all spiders. And I noticed one in my car like two weeks ago, and must have been like a baby one because I saw a little web in my car. I'm like, oh, no, where are you? I'm like, where are you living? No spider.
Speaker 3: I do like spiders. I was fine with it, so I didn't I haven't seen him yet. But my point is that there every way, I thought it was just me. But on TikTok I saw a few people complain about it in Chicago. They're like, hey, is there more spiders out there right now? Because I'm seeing them a lot that night. And I'm like, maybe it's like a phenomenon. What's going on? So I tried looking it up. I couldn't find anything concrete on it, like any scientific you know, any study or anything. But apparently people are noticing it. It's not just me, and we might there's a there's slightly more amount of spiders than we're used to.
Speaker 1: I guess, Wow, that's glad I'm not around you. That's horrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean, I've seen I'm seeing around in my house here and there. Occasionally I don't go because they they eat too flies, and so I'm good with that, but like otherwise, yeah, this lily has been more and I'm there was one on my front porch that was chilling out for a long time. It was like, it's hard to explain, but it's like a little patio leaning to the stairs down to the outside and between the front door and the sidewalk there was like there's like a railing. Then most of us never go to because it's out of the way, it's by a window. We don't touch the window. So this spider had his field day there building a whole little lattice thing. But it's gone now. Maybe one of my and my uncle or somebody took it down. But it was chilling there. I was like, that was the first. That was the first notice I saw of a spider, and then there every were now, so that's.
Speaker 1: That's quite Halloween.
Speaker 3: It's a Halloween story, Oh, I thought, So the.
Speaker 1: Spiders are coming out. Well, it's been warm, so maybe that's that's the thing. It's unseasonably warm. It should be pretty cold now, so maybe something to do with the weather.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I would sell the car, sell the house. I'm out. I'm out. I hate spiders.
Speaker 3: I know you do you know that, yes, so.
Speaker 1: You have what else Halloween? What do you remember from Halloween? Like like growing up? What was what was it like for you?
Speaker 3: I mean it was pretty basic. My parents they didn't give a shit about Halloween that much. They also I've also known them, I mean I've known them for my whole life, of course, but they've had different stages, let's just say, of giving a fuck about Halloween, like my earli early years, like childhood, childhood, you know, from taller to childhoodish they they didn't care, but they had fun with it. So like you know, at those events, I was a kid, sure, I'll go, I would. I would dress up maybe here and there who were definitely took a treat. That's when we lived on Austin and Nagel, I want to say, Or maybe it was when we lived on DayMen before it became like damen it is now anyway, and we did that and then they got triviligious around my second or second kid, my brothers and my youngest brother's birth there or on that time, they got way more into it, so they got way less thanto Halloween as a as a thing at all. And now they're like, oh mean doctors are all their kids are older and the ship. But to them it's always been like a kid candy thing and they don't give a shit. So like my point is that it wasn't. I don't remember how I don't have a lot of great memories as a kid. Yeah, like no, not much at all. I don't remember anything spooky or anything decoration. I never I have a totally paper at a house. I never. I remember. Sometimes I remember I have some memories of trick or treating, but like nothing crazy. I never, you know, ate so much candy that I threw off or anything nothing like that. Yeah, yeah, nothing that you've seen. But you I mean you were, you were you were trick or treating way before the the the scare from the eighties, right, yeah, yeah you were like this is like you were in your original Halloween town, I think.
Speaker 1: But I mean that was definitely obviously a thing grown up. Was Yeah, poison candy, razor blades and needles in the candy, razor blades in the apples and you know, shit like that. You're always crazy?
Speaker 3: How false that all was? All that was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know if it was entirely false. I don't think it was an epidemic like they made it seem. But I think there were definitely needles, razor blades, yeah, kids candy for sure.
Speaker 3: No, it's so because I read a thing about this, not like a book, but like I think journalist, like some articles or something about it. How because I was like, they hype that up in the nineties. They maybe they hyped it up in eighties too, I don't remember that, but they hyped it up in the nineties right in the news for that and still in the two thousands. I'm sure they still do it today.
Speaker 1: But still check our kids candy to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I know it's for me. I started in the nineties all that stuff on TV. And from what I read about this, this thing I read this article about the time, is that there was only two cases of actually razor blades or poison and candy, and they were both relatives that wanted to kill that specific kid. Like it wasn't for anybody to eat, it was meant that was targeted. Wow, So like and that was it. There was only recorded cases and the country, of course I don't mean in the world, but yeah, that's from the nineties, and it was like some crazy like low stat You thought it would be like more than that, but no, it's not at all. Yeah, or at least it wasn't. Maybe it is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were terrified that. I'm still afraid of it. Well, now you gotta worry about drugs like slipping fentanyl laced fucking No.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't give it away like that. Yeah, they would charge you for it if you would think. Yeah, I mean, you gotta hook them on, but they got to know who the cellar like, doesn't it's not a good business, trgy. Yeah, you know, to just give fentanyl away like that.
Speaker 1: It's fentanyl skittles or gummy bears or some shit.
Speaker 3: I mean sure, it's already a drug. Doesn't need any help, true, it does not need help.
Speaker 1: You know. What we don't see anymore is like I remember remember the Halloween parades the schools.
Speaker 3: Would do like my school COVID killed all that, bro No, even.
Speaker 1: Before oh was it was it there?
Speaker 3: Before that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You would you would first of all dress up, go to school dressed up.
Speaker 3: I remember doing that. Oh yes, I remember that. Grammar school.
Speaker 1: Or you go home for like lunch and dress up and then come back and it would be a little party. Then you're the whole school would like parade around the neighborhood and you're thinking it would stand out and like, you know, cheer for you and stuff, and you go walk into the neighborhood. It was awesome. Fucking see anything like that these days, man, ever with the kids. Yeah, so for seventeen years, I haven't seen it, you know, and so I wonder when that actually stopped. But it was cool.
Speaker 3: I know that COVID did kill a lot of the you know, classic trick or treating house to house thing. I know it killed that for sure. COVID around here, like it was dying off already and then it killed it most places, I mean, like certainly in Chicago. Like I don't see it. I'm not saying that no one does it that people it's coming back a little bit. Every year is a little bit more, but I debite don't see as much. I remember last year barely seeing any but the year before that, I'm we're seeing a lot more. So I don't know, maybe it's different times, but yeah, it was just like anoicing decrease a lot from COVID. So I don't know if that killed like like maybe there was some sum par rates and that just killed all of them out. You know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would be curious if listeners if they still have parades in their neighborhoods. I don't think it's the thing any Maybe it's.
Speaker 3: Not a small town thing nowadays. It's not like a small community thing like that's it like a block party and that's it. And only some places do it, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I do with a little big party and do it yourself. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the only way you see it alive. That's sad, it's all, oh yeah, it's sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, the trigger treating, of course, I remember making pumpkin seeds, like that's a huge thing.
Speaker 3: That you make pumpkins seas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, So that's a tradition I got from my mom, you know, and I still do it with my kids.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You get your your jack O'Lantern, you carve it up right, you scoop all the guts out, you wash away that orange snot yeah, and you know then you get all the pumpkin seeds out and we put them out. They're still kind of wet on an old tin train that we have for pumpkin seed making. You butter them and you salt them and you throw them in the oven for a while. Man, They're the best thing in the world. Really, Pumpkin sea homemade pumpkin seeds. Oh yeah, Okay, Now I got the kids into it and they do it and it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Ever since I've got ever since I got my pets, I do buy a pumpkin every year and they because they love punkins, they love punkin seeds, they love pumpkin. Yeah, so they eat that. Shut up. It's like they're one annual treats. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: What about costumes, Is there any costume grown up that you specifically remember?
Speaker 3: No, all my, all, my the costumes I remember, or the costumes I put effort in. We're all as adults like I've been. I've been doing it as adult pretty much annually every year, even if it isn't like with you, but at other events maybe that I go to throughout the month, I'll do that. Like I have three costumes for this year. Oh shit, one of the reserved for for you on Halloween. Wow.
Speaker 1: But like yeah, yeah, don't don't tell me what this party.
Speaker 3: So like I I go, I don't go all out either, but like I do, put effort into something different all the time.
Speaker 1: I remember one year came up. You had to park quite a ways down and you were walking down the street and I think that was a year you were like a plague doctor.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I still have that.
Speaker 1: Nico was like, who is that? What is that walking down the street. It's Uncle Osgar.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was a cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't put too much thought into costumes as an adult, but I do remember. I remember my mom dressing me up as Raggedy Andy. There was raggedy and Raggedy Andy. Yeah, back in the day, in the eighties, I was Raggedy Andy. I remember that. I remember Cookie Monster being Cookie Monster. And I remember Rambo. I was Rambo one year, so dating myself of course. But other than that, then you had like the plastic.
Speaker 3: Well your first blood or second blood.
Speaker 1: Probably first blood. You had those plastic ass stiff kind of costumes. Those.
Speaker 3: I remember one of that knife and then the gun belts.
Speaker 1: Bowie knife, the knife with a compass in it and stuff. Yeah, I remember that, and I remember it was what during one of those those school parades. One of my friends who passed away now but his mom dressed him up as a cannibal, so he was painted black head to toe. You can't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: You can fucking do whatever the hell you want. People think it's cool.
Speaker 1: This kid had an afro white.
Speaker 3: I see, I think you meant like the cannibal idea you're talking about. He was a black face.
Speaker 1: He was completely that.
Speaker 3: You can't do it. No, I mistaken, I missssed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's say you can't do that anymore. But I'll never forget it. I'll never forget it. It was kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I think the last time society allowed that to happen was Robert Downey Junior in that one movie that I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Yet, Oh a tropic thunder topic. And then getting older, like that's kind of what I remember, and of course trick or treating and things. But then when you get older, that's when we became devious. That's when we would start stocking up on eggs, like, you know, two months before Halloween, so they would be rotten. Where you'd buy as much shaving cream as you could, okay, and we'd melt. You would you would stick a needle into the nozzle of your shaving cream and you would light. You would melt the nozzle around the needle. Then once it dries, once it cools, you'd pull the needle out so you have this little pinpoint hole for your shaving cream. And it would shoot like twenty yards, you know, So then it was fucking war dude. Then you had even older kids in the neighborhood who would attack us, younger kids with nair so like you know, it would like eat your hair, yea in your head and ship. Oh yeah, then it turned then.
Speaker 3: That happened to me. I would kill you all.
Speaker 1: Well, because your hair is like six feet long. Yeah, Antonio Bendettas from dust till Don is what you look like.
Speaker 3: Tony Benas wasn't from dustle Don. You're thinking of the vampire movie?
Speaker 1: It was not indust still done. What am I thinking of?
Speaker 3: Intern with the vampire?
Speaker 1: Literally interviewed with the vampire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and with that he I mean, it's a different it's a vampire movie from the nineties, So you're not that far off and you're fine. I'm not that I'm not mad about it, but hopefully as long as you're not mistaken turning by theirs with like cheech Marin, who's the only other Hispanic twister. No, no, no, that's not true. It's not the only spanning but mainly THEO. That's funny. No, I was thinking of dressing up. I can. I could pull because I have the hair. It's done, its hair is done. I don't have to. All I do is have a really nice, really nice clothing. Though. I need that bad ass red cape.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I could just get that bad ass red cape. I'm almost home, almost home.
Speaker 1: Let's work on it.
Speaker 3: I should work on that. Yeah, I don't have that this year, but maybe next year i'd be nice.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess we got to get on with the episode.
Speaker 3: But oh, yes, that's right, Halloween.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yes, it's in the air. We hope you like this episode. Oscars Driving today, I.
Speaker 3: Am driving driving. I just got my license renewed. UI. They couldn't, they couldn't. It couldn't stop me for it too long on that d UI. That judge was drunk himself on stance, so I was able to get away. So I'm driving this time.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of drinking, we have one hundred and eleven Proof Blue Run poof poof one hundred and eleven Proof Blue Run High Ride Whiskey all right, that's what we're gonna be drinking or rye as I get to sit back and just broke my broke.
Speaker 3: The goods you got for picking.
Speaker 1: So I could sit back and sit Well, you tell this story and you take us a Halloween adventure.
Speaker 3: Yes, m there you go.
Speaker 1: Cheers my friend. Happy Halloween season.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's take a break, shall we.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, listeners, welcome back to the show. Well, the lights are turned down low, the ceremonial candle is lit, and the cinnamony crispness is in the air.
Speaker 3: I've said it again.
Speaker 1: Let's start this show, Oscar. What do you have for us?
Speaker 3: This lovely? Oh my god, I am driving the bus today. It's the hearse man, the hearse You're driving these right? You know they're bringing Sorry, it's reminding me. I don't know why reminded me. But they're re releasing a trick or treat in theaters this this mom trigger treat Sam. Yeah, love it that. I think that movie came came back stronger in people because some costumes for sale and stores.
Speaker 1: Really I've seen like action figures and things cool.
Speaker 3: I love how the movie just had a life of its own after way after its release.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal to be re released. I mean that shows you if.
Speaker 3: You ask young kids, not young kids, but like everyone's younger than us. Young people younger, they know that movie. They know Sam, Yeah, they know. And in that spirit, that's what I have for you guys today. Have you, guys ever seen the movie Trick or Treat? It is Halloween season, that horror movie. Great fucking movie recommended. It's it's about one night in Halloween in a small town, but it's four or five different stories told in the same night on Halloween, and there are all like different variety of stories of different horror types. Ones about a vampire, once about a serial killer, once about a witch. You know, good mixed bag of different things, all fun, all on the same level of funness. That's what that's about. That's kind of how what I did, what I'm doing this this this month.
Speaker 1: So we're not just getting a single story.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna no, right, why not? I like this, yeah, exactly, kind of like Tales from the Crypt That's what I was thinking, Like the old uh you know, I don't know, like the episodic things, but also like not just a show. But there was those movies right there, there was like multiple stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll have like three real short stories or.
Speaker 3: Something in there. Yeah. I recently we watched Demon Night.
Speaker 1: Oh with Billy's say.
Speaker 3: Yes you know what.
Speaker 1: I was a big Tales from the Dark Side fan.
Speaker 3: Also very good. I haven't seen that in forever though. The music, just the intro music to that, I don't show. It's been so long. It's been since the nineties. That's so long ago.
Speaker 1: If I said, Oscar put in that clip here of Tales from the Dark Side intro, would it appear now.
Speaker 3: Man lives in.
Speaker 4: The sunlit world of what he believes to be reality, but there is unseen by most an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit, a dark side.
Speaker 3: Only only time will tell or probably not. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 1: It would send me flying under the covers as a kid when that sound played at like eleven o'clock or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now it is ballly fell my intro. What it is this pro I'm going to give you the fair anyway, here's a story. Here's what I wrote. All right, So this week I have something a little stranger than the usual thing we do here I like to explain my thinking about how I approach today's show in the hopes it'll prepare you listener as well as you jay about where I'm coming from now in drips and drafts. Legally, I've been writing about a Japanese serial killer, but have had little luck in finding a good way to tell it. So I had to eschew that. Knowing this is an October show, I did manage to put undue pressure on myself to come up with something unique and hopefully as good. My research began in trying to find the evolution of supernatural beliefs, many of which are rooted in religion, but a lot or not. Actually from an article published in twenty twenty three on human nature, a scientific study looked into one hundred and fourteen geographically and culturally diverse societies to help explain how supernatural beliefs bloom. It led to some interesting conclusion, but decided to hold off that hold on to that topic for a later time because that subject requires more reading and way more understanding that I was ready for you for this month, so but it's a good idea still I like it right, So instead I will be as I said earlier, just a minute ago that I will be presenting four mysteries of different shapes and sizes for you today. Everyone here knows that I enjoy finding stories from around the world, as we're often in good hands with Jay tackling horrendous shed here at home. Most of the topics will be from different countries except one one is homegrown, and I hope there will be something for everybody. Low KEI. My favorite thing about this type of research is that I can return to it later on. A little thing about myself as a secondary researcher out of chew host is that I have a list, a long list, surprisingly long list of potential topics for future shows. A grand majority of those topics are actually not very good topics. They're busts or they're worse or I said either they're busts because they like they're too short, or too easily verifiable, maybe like to like to hoaxy maybe or something like that, or like too stringy to make a whole meal out of, like it's not long enough to be a show. But for this top you know, for this kind of story, it is. So I imagine I'm your crypt keeper today and I will be presenting four tales of mystery just in time for Halloween. Please tell us your favorite. Yeah, so the first story is called I sort of title them all, but whatever, La mancha negra, which is Spanish. So for this story we will be traveling to Caracas, Venezuela. I'm not sure how to categorize this story, but the supposed cost of over eighteen hundred deaths, many accidents and anxiety came not from a cryptid serial killer or ghost, but from a substance. One day in nineteen eighty six, construction workers fixing a patch of the highway between Carakas, which is the capital city and its airport, noticed a black smudge around forty six meters in length. The smudge was soon named La mancha negra, which translated English means the black stain, And that was named by Karakan citizens. And this is a weird substance, to say the least. Another name people use was the black goo. Goo is fun. Who is a fun word? So I'll be interchangeably using the black stain black goo means the same thing.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know. I'm biting my tongue so hard. Why so many things I want to say about what and make fun of those two words, the black oop, the black stain, and the black woop, but I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's there an adult. Well, the fact that you mentioned that you have something, it makes you less adulty a little bit. But I'm glad you're holding off. Hold off, loll off on the diarrhea talk. I assume it's diarrhea. Was it to Centeria? I don't know what you're doing anyway. The scope and breath of this Black Stain lasted four years, enough for me to find the book published in two thousand and six by a reporter named Anna Elena Asputia, And the title is very long and in Spanish, so I'll just translate it for you. The book is roughly titled The Black Stain The Splendor is Debacle of the Caracas Giatra Chronicles, Reports and Testimonials of the Highway. Wow, it's a long title. It's very wordy. I didn't have access to the entire book, but I managed to read a nice chunk for the show. The construction crew I mentioned earlier was patching up a thirty year old asphalt when discovering the strange goo. A forty six meters stain on a highway, even on an important road like the one that leads to the airport, wouldn't be all that bad, except that pretty soon after they discovered it, the black stains spread for eight miles, specifically from Simon Boulevard International Airport to the city of Krakas, which I said earlier as the capital of Venezuela. The black staying was pretty consistent, managing to appear solely on roads on nothing else. The tenacity of this unknown substance made no sense, and was reported to rise and spread when the weather was hot and rainy, and then contract when the weather was cold. If that makes sense to you, stay away from me.
Speaker 1: It's none.
Speaker 3: It does not make good. Its good because I want to be friends with you. This black gu led to many vehicular accidents and several deaths, though unconfirmed. One of the dark but predictably human things about this story is how politics enter into it, and unconfirmed casualties and monetary involvement are the prime reasons. But I'm getting ahead of myself. So what is the substance and how bad did it get? Defining the black stain became a troublesome thing when researching because it's hard to say for sure what the substance is made out of or made of. Quote. Among the most mystifying aspects of La Mancha Negra are its unique properties. At times, its consistency has been compared to sticky substances like tar or chewing gum. On the other hand, it also reportedly slippery, making the roads surface akin to driving on ice. Indeed, news reports told of numerous accidents caused by this black coup as motorists struggled to maintain control of their vehicles, especially in areas where it was reported up to one inch thick. Right, super gross, you I mentionine eating that thing. There was no way. Kids didn't dare other kids to eat that. Right, they must have done that. There's no way that didn't happen. I'm six years old and I get double dog there. I think I will eat it. All right, That was pretty easily fooled as a kid. Anyway, moving on, there are theories, right quite impressure more, there are theories as to what the black stain is made of. One theory is that raw sewage mixed with the unnatural composition of a road led to the substance. Specifically, the sewage chemically deteriorating and mixing with the asphalt that can potentially make it slimy and unique to roads only and staying away from grass or other buildings because it did it stayed away from those of those things. This theory isn't high end the list due to the fact that it doesn't explain the weather dependent behavior of the black stain. Natural oil see pitch from underground reservoirs is another reason. People have theorized that seismic activity could account for the strange phenomenon and location of a black stain, but it fails to explain how how it could rise, as heavy oils tends to seep down, not up. So the most popular theory, especially with the Venezuelan kids on TikTok that I saw, is that it's pollution, a mixture of industrial waste, car emissions, oil residues that mixes with the rain water and why it rises through the cracks. Solid theory, but it fails to explain why the stain is localized to an eight mile area like it should be everywhere a right or more places. Okay, my favorite, it's my favorite theory. My favorite is that the black stain is alive We've all heard the expression life finds a way, and we've all seen how resilient nature can be as we see weeds and what not sprout from huge cement laggers on the street. Right, what if the substance is microbial, microbial about in nature or fungal in some way A fungus can help explain its need to ex band and how it can materialize in the dark underbelly of a road. The problem here is that scientists supposedly have found nothing living in what they studied of the black stain, like under a microscope. But I like to think that the deeper you go into the ground, the more likely you'll find the live fungal, whatever the origin of the gu but that has not been proven yet. That's one theory. That's my favorite one. There are more theories, but I'm saving them for later. The black stain began as a nuisance but turned deadly at times with how slippery and thick the substance could get. Another weird trait of the gu god a loosying ghu, is that it enjoyed pooling itself in tunnels where you can't see shit by the way, and it would also pull itself on uphills in the uphill portions of the road, like it made no sense, like it would enjoy itself in tunnels and uphill areas more presumably.
Speaker 1: Dark dank tunnels in the yes.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, taxi drivers would charge more for rides to and from the airport and often not take a ride if it was raining or if it was particularly hot or cold that day, because they didn't want to die. You know, since roadside maintenance and innovations is rarely our priority for any country, it certainly wasn't for Venezuela, which means everything took longer and therefore more money before the government took the black stains seriously. And here is where politics enter the story. That book I mentioned earlier with the long title clued me into the thinking of the people living in Venezuela in the eighties and nineties. They really didn't trust the government to either listen to them or fix the problem. The nuisance of the black stain was just that for the most part, and while they blamed their Ministry of Transportation and Communications for being lazy, they also blamed the presidencies. One of the theories I haven't said is that people believed it was a political hoax to unseat President Jaime Lucinchi, who was in office from eighty four to eighty nine nineteen eighty four nineteen eight nine. Carlos andres Pes took office in eighty nine and saw major riots, a deep economic crisis, and two coup attempts before he was finally impeached for corruption in nineteen ninety three. Specifically, Pedes had misappropriated two hundred and fifty million bolivadies for his own interest. While his predecessor could be blamed for being lazy, it was pez that was blamed in a conspiratorial way of causing the black stain to begin with. I mean he certainly used it in public a few times in office, like as a scapegoa to maybe spend money to ciphon off money for himself.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna solve this problem with a black dude.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm gonna spend I'm gonna, like, you know, no writ matter how much it costs, because it's not not going to pay for it, right kind of thing. His presidency is the reason why much of the data surrounding the black Stain is unconfirmed. In nineteen ninety one, it was reported that the black stain caused over one thoy eight hundred debts and countless car accidents since nineteen eighty six when it began. If you think onellogically, it makes no sense for the people living in and around Krakas to have such a high death toll. People saw the black stain La Mancha Negra as a bothersome aspect of their lives. There were signs on the road leading to the Simon Bolivar International Airport to watch out for the black stain and people need to avoid, and they took care of it. The likelihood of eighteen hundred debts is very low in my opinion, or at least or maybe people were just that fucking stupid, but I don't think so. It was publicly stated by the Perez administration that millions of believe it as was spent in trying to ascertain the chemical properties of the black stain, as well as contracting businesses to help get rid of it. Spending the money is true, but where that money was siphoned onto is another thing altogether, And hindsight is twenty twenty, especially when dealing with corrupt leaders, so it's probably an exaggerated number. This probably isn't nowhere near that many kills. But everyone was aware at the black stain. People just got used to it.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a part of our life now.
Speaker 3: It is. It is. Yeah, So let's get into some of the attempts they used to try to get rid of it, right, The Ministry of Transportation and Communications try to pressure wash the black stain away layer by layer, but failed to keep it at bay. Deturgent scrubbing and resurfacing pavements sectionally with asphalt also proved to be futile, so they.
Speaker 1: Would lay asphalt on top of it and Boomer would come through again.
Speaker 3: Yep. Wow. What ended up kind of working is the use of pulverized limestone, which was hoped to be absorbed by the black stain and improve traction on the road at the same time. This solved the issue, but at a cost. The limestone created a visual impairment for drivers, and it made the air hard to breathe because it's dusty.
Speaker 1: Oh got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pularized limestone goes up, you know, like saying I guess or yeah whatever, yeah, where was I fuck?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Regardless, once the dust settled, the goo was gone until it was surfaced in nineteen ninety six. From here on out, the name of the game became clean up, if not containment. Other countries were consulted. This is after Perez was impeached. By the way, other countries were consulted, and special cleaning equipment from Germany proved to solve the issue. I tried and couldn't find what equipment was used, but I guess it was specialized. Maybe the Black Stain returned into two thousand and one and all manner of conspiracy theories along with it. This is where the Black Stain became kind of famous, because the Internet was around two and I think it started circling the wagons in our neck of the woods and our supernatural talks stuff. This is when it started coming out more. It's clear that this is an ongoing dilemma for Venezuela, but a manageable one. They treated. They just treated like that's like cancer and remission or something. But even that's too that even that's too extreme really of an example, but something like that. People no longer believe that Perez is the reason the Black Stain exists, but that he only used it when he saw fit. Others believe that like crop circles in the US and Britain. It is a perpetual hoax that changes hands from generation to generation as political forever rise and fall. That's like one of their theories too. Here's the most logical reason for the black stain. Not sure if you're aware, but Venezuela has the largest natural crude oil deposits in the world. Specifically, they have a territory called the Orderinoco Belt like Goorinoco Flow, which has the grand majority of set oil, and it neatly lies underneath the area that the black stain originates from. Combine that fact with the high probability that the Krakas Giara Highway was simply made poorly a long time ago, probably too many aggregates in the asphalt and the older cheap oil using cars, and you've got a specific stain that makes up La Mancha Negata. Remember, gas is cheap there and overall has been cheap in Venezuela because they don't need to import it. But it does logically suggest the heavier use of vehicles and older models that rely on less environmental friendly substances to run them, and that may explain why it's so heavy polluted there in that way and creating the black stain. What do you think.
Speaker 5: That's Uh so, so if it's just naturally occurring crude oil that they know exists already, how are they not able to chemically decipher that?
Speaker 3: Right? Like, so it's just nothing's been confirmed about it, Like if they know the answer by now, they just haven't said it. I haven't found any official reporting on it yet. Wow. So either that or they don't care to tell people. And maybe they know, but just too much oil. I mean, obviously they need it for their country, so they just, like said, they just deal with it.
Speaker 1: It just reminds me of the Blob or something. That's pretty cool, right, and uh, we're saying eighteen hundred deaths.
Speaker 3: Probably the fact that it's black too, I feel it lends a lot to the oil thing to sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but that you know, it took forever for someone to give a shit out. Yeah, first give a shit.
Speaker 3: Till mid nineties before they really actually sent people down there to clean it, like for real, Like yeah, that's yeah, that's wild. Yeah, it's okay. Yeah, it's a real thing though.
Speaker 1: Interesting and it's had books written on it, so obviously, I mean it's pre interested in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to kind of go through the the shitty articles are just hypothesizing saying that it's alien shit. You know a lot of people are talking about aliens in this one, like that the black who is alien in nature, rising it from the ground or something. It's not, obviously, I don't think so anyway. But that's the that's when you get real crazy, right Yeah, okay, yeah, interesting, the real thing. Venezuela Black Stain. Yeah, I went on I went on their TikTok because I have a VPN, so I just changed to Venezuela and I went on their TikTok and I saw some of their stories. What were they saying, Oh, basically, one of what I'm saying is like that people think it's like corruption based on government and they really don't like that administration at all. One of them do. So they were saying that, like, oh, yeah, my dad will talk to me about this story about the whole black stain thing, you know whatever. It was like that.
Speaker 1: It kind of reminds me of loosely of the this whole viral thing that's going on right now TikTok Instagram YouTube of that kid. I want to say it was like Columbia. I could be wrong with South America with the meteorite that crashed in his yard or somewhere near his home. You haven't seen this, no, dude, it's everywhere. Meteorite long and short. He's chronicling this whole thing that he's experiencing. Meteorite crashes somewhere down in South America. I want to say it's Columbia. He retrieves the meteorite. Suddenly the meteorite starts sprouting this organism. Oh and this organ is organism is growing and people actually believe it, like they're saying it's one hundred percent real, right, like annihilation, yeah, or like venom, right, like they just oh yeah, it looks like venom.
Speaker 3: It moves, it grows, it mutates.
Speaker 1: It's it's wild. It's black, right, it's the goo. It's like a black goo kind of fungus sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 1: And now he finally let it loose and now it's swimming in some water somewhere and this thing and it it moves it like snaps and pops.
Speaker 3: It's the weirdest thing, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's a spiky, spiny, stringy, very wild, very weird. But people swear it's real, that this is an outer space organism.
Speaker 3: No, I'd have to see it for myself and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, just google it, you'll find it instantly. It's everywhere right now.
Speaker 3: I know how I could believe that in this day and age.
Speaker 1: That's what I think you would think, Like maybe not NASA, but some other you know, alphabet agency would kick down that door. Yeah, and steal this thing if it was real, but maybe not, who knows, But that's kind of what it loosely reminded me of some I get it extra track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this thing and never gave any indication it's alive though. It would just seep out. That's it. It was just pool and bought and book people's days. That's really it. It's an annoyance. It really becomes annoyance. Yeah, if you ask them the Venezuelan's, I mean, they would say it's just something they have to do with. Okay, Yeah, so there's that next story, Next story story too, story two. Somebody just show the last one is longer?
Speaker 1: Do these progress?
Speaker 3: Do they get? Like? No, I just mixed the match them. I was thinking of doing that. I was having them in a certain order, but I went from the bookends are the longer stories and the middle ones or the shorter ones. That's really the only thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The next one's called we know what, I'll just uh yeah. The title is the Wedge of Ayod.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: The Wedge of Ayud?
Speaker 1: The Wedge of Ayud?
Speaker 3: Never heard of that? Okay. The next story is a weird little story. This isn't about a disappearance or phenomenon, but a mysterious object. Have you ever heard of an out of place artifact or upa for short? I have, yes, Yes, this is what's That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about one of those.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like these these are fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've got you heard it? I figured you what but you no?
Speaker 1: No, it's and for listeners who old I yes, please, who don't know, they'll find like a machined right, something that's been machined in that the bolt, right we use every single day, embedded in rock that's like.
Speaker 3: That's older than that, older than the industrial age that it came from, right, yes, yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Or you know something that looks like in Adidas shoe. I saw one time that's embedded in this ancient sediment. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, like a tomb of some king has like you know, Nike Air Jordans or something like that, right exactly, it's like that out of place. Well, here's the wicked definition that I like to use, and upa as an artifact of historical archaeological or paleontology palaeontological interest to someone that is claimed to have found in an unusual context, which someone claims to challenge conventional historical chronology by its presence in that context. Basically what Jay said. Basically, things that shouldn't exist when they're discovered. Say if you were to discover an underground cave system that has been naturally sealed for hundreds or thousands of years, and then you find an American penny in there. This didn't happen. It's just an example. But it's easy to jump to time travel or some other crazy supernatural cause when it probably means that the cave system must have been disturbed at some point that you haven't found most likely, right, like like the what's the what's the driving now? The simplest solutions usually the right one. Where was that some OKM racer I was trying to think of that. Okay, it's like a racer anyway. So my first thought for this section is to highlight three different objects of varying degrees of believable believability, throwing a hoax perhaps, but decided to focus on only one upas may be a future story and by like a future show all by themselves. Right, there are a lot of them at The object in question is called the wedge of Ayod. I think I'm pronouncing that right, I really obi. Ayoud is the name of a city located in Alba Alba County in Transylvania's Region in the country of Romania Bromini. In nineteen seventy four, a construction crew excavating a site near the Muirs River discovered two mastodon bones dating back to at least eleven thousand years old, as well as the wedge of Iyod under thirty five feet of sand. The wedge is a piece of metal found within the bones. The reason people got excited over this metal is that it was aluminum. This aluminum alloy wedge weighed about five pounds and was heavily rusted because oxidized aluminum didn't exist until the eighteen twenties, and this wedge was found within remains of the Masadon bones. People believe that either aliens or time traveler left it behind. The metal urgent test on the wedge demonstrating the following elemental results eighty nine percent aluminum, six point two percent copper, two point eighty four percent silicon, one point eight one percent zinc zero point four to one lead zero point three three eight ten, a little bit of ziconium and traces of cadmium, nickel, cobalte and bismuth. None of these elements are feign to Earth. It's all natural here, okay, so not a Moralian, it's my point quote. According to postings, the wedge was donated to the History to the Sorry to the Museum of the History of Transylvania. The story was later broken. In nineteen ninety five, r Ufo R four, a Romanian UFO magazine, published a piece after Florian Georgiita rediscovered the wedge. It was tested at the Archaeological Institute of kluj Nepocha. I'm butchering these names and the Swiss lab. Georgia further asked a series of professionals to examine the artifact and claims that an aeronautical engineer identified the wedge as a piece of landing gear on a vetal type of craft. VETO stands for vertical takeoff and landing. This last part is where people took the alien theory hard right. What is strange about Florian Georgia is how did he stumble across the wedge are hired? Like, did he one day decide to invade the Museum of the History of Transylvania in the hopes of finding something cool, or did someone tell him about it about the artifact twenty years later after they discovered it. From what little I could find, the artifact was stored in the closet somewhere until Florian found it. It wasn't displayed, not even close. It was never displayed, which could say something a little more about the Florian guy, but we'll talk about that later. Furthermore, none of my research helped explain why people simply sat on this for so long. It's possible that popularity for the mass at on bones and the wedge of Ayod was minimized so that the construction crew work in the area could continue working without interruption or massive red tape like bureaucratic red tape. But I have no definitive answer as to why they sat on it for twenty years. Here's where I'm gonna brush your bubble though. The wedge of Ayod to me, sits in the middle tiger of an UPA, which stands for out of place artifact, believable enough to run with it, but also with scientific logic to dispel it. Here's the case that the wedge of Ayod is nothing special to behold. Since heavy machinery was used to excavate the site back in nineteen seventy four, most people say that the wedge is simply an excavator bucket tooth that broke off at the site and was later mistaken as an artifact. The metal piece has been defined due to its composition as a series two thousand aluminum alloy, which was common in aerospace, military vehicles, rocket fins, and other heavy machinery like excavators. Because there is a twenty year gap between discovery and testing, the simple act of finding the same machine could just not be done. There is no way to there's no way of confirmation, but logic that dictates that the wedge is a misplaced item, not an artifact. That is me bursting your bubble right now on this.
Speaker 1: One, especially when you said the bucket tooth.
Speaker 3: Now I can see it perfectly, perfectly, perfectly. I love this type of French mystery because it closely ties science and it's supernatural, like more than usual all hoaxes aside, and there are plenty of hoaxes out there. It speaks about how we uncover and see history, and you realize that the more advancement we make in science, the less supernatural these objects become. And that's a good thing. Oopa's also highlight humans his ability to be pretty fucking stupid about what and how we find objects. However, what is a supernatural and not something that science has yet advanced enough to understand? Yeah, and that's that story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are sorts are fun. I remember seeing one that was a gear, something that was perfectly a perfect gear that again was embedded in some rock that was, yeah, you know, thousands of years old, how the fuck? Like?
Speaker 3: Right, that's the strength and some of the lejed mysteries, some of le Jed you don't know why or how, And those are the standouts, right, the clean of the crop, and some are clearly hoaxes, like they're trying to gen up something and this and then this one's like an accident, a real accident, but like a provable accident, right, you know.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't know what you were talking about today, so I don't have any information to find on it, specific information. But there's like the Greek computer or.
Speaker 3: Something like like a long name with a T.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They pulled it up from like underwater and it's.
Speaker 3: That was there a real yeah. Right about this is that it's like a computer from again a long time ago, A long time ago. Yeah, like ancient Greece time, the time of like Rome and all that ship. You know, it's Greise made when Greece uh had a name.
Speaker 1: For themselves, right yeah, exactly. Uh So stuff like that just bizarre, just really bizarre stuff.
Speaker 3: I should I should find that name because I remember that was that was one of my lists a long time ago. I lost that one out as I forgot about that machine. And it's a good story.
Speaker 1: They like restored this thing. Yeah, it looks like it's brass or something. Yeah, it's this beautiful machine. You know that that should not exist, right, right, that's a great episode topic, actually, right, we should do that. Maybe that's what I'll do. I'll start working on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah that can be fun.
Speaker 1: But yeah, good good. I like that opus.
Speaker 3: I like to say that ands and oopus. I think that's why I put that next. This next one doesn't have a cool fun name though. For the next one. Third story?
Speaker 1: Do you want more whiskey?
Speaker 3: No? Good step offering me right anyway? Next story, I'm calling the Red Rains of Kerala. Have you heard of this one? The red rains? The rains of Castimir?
Speaker 1: You s what I do there?
Speaker 3: No? You said the wrong thing. Yeah, I saw that games Games of s No, I know what was it called? Again? Red rains of Kerala, Kerala, if you want to be white about it, Kerala, Kerala. I have not heard of this all right? So this next story is weather based and kind of a freak of nature. On occasion, blood coat, blood colored rain would fall onto the people living in the state of Kerala, which is on the Malabar coast of India. The documented times that red rain, blood red rain befell Kerala goes back as early as eighteen ninety six July of nineteen fifty seven September of two thousand and one, which is funny and June of twenty twelve. Other areas of India has had a same phenomenon in December of twenty twelve, but Kerala is the main focus here. When it rained in nineteen fifty seven, it led to several superstitions and cries that people of all shapes and sizes, including cults, had a few movies as well. They made movies about this. I should note that red wasn't the only reported color. People saw yellow, green, and black brought it just as much confusion than the biblical red. But red is the main color of rain.
Speaker 1: So imagine, Yeah, you walk outside your house, bro, yes you see red or fucking black?
Speaker 3: You walk into your car, nice white shirt and all of a sudden, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Like a corporate nightmare. I would have right, like stain in my shirt before a presentation for that. Yeah, black rain, black white, colored fresh.
Speaker 3: I think this blood rain, like what the hell is being murdered above me? That a plane crash and all the bodies. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see how people would think this is the end. Colts would kick into high gear. This is the end, man, Yes, that's some weird sh and the fact that it's localized to this part of India is pretty yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a state, it's not like a city. But still okay, you know. But so now, when the rain came in two thousand and one, the Indian government came and brought scientists to study the fucker and you know, try to explain the red menace like you were drinking something when something you fucking get What did I do?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, you're fine. So they buy and scientists explain stuff, right because they're like enough of this, we you know, figure it out. And you know, also it's unpredictable. We don't know when it's gonna coming back, right, So anyway, quote according to locals, a loud thunderclap and flash of light, followed by groves of trees shedding, shriveled ray, burnt leaves, burnt in quotes preceded the first colored rains. Reports had been given of shriveled leaves and the disappearance in sudden formation of wells around the same time in the area. Red particles in suspension and the rain water caused the coloration of the rain, and the red rain appeared at times as strongly colored as blood is written weird because it's translated. It typically fell over a small area, no more than a few square kilometers in size, sometimes so localized that normal rain could be falling just a few meters away from the red rain. Huh. Red rainfalls typically lasted less than twenty minutes. That's a long time. Yeah, that's pretty a long time. Yeah, you would think it'd be a few minutes, but no twenty minutes. But it's not long either, but it's like not short. Yeah, I agree. Wow. So apparently each each millimeter of rain yielded around nine million red particles, as well as other but not as prominent. The Center for Earth Science Studies in Kerala studied the pH levels and found it at a seven, which is neutral, but large amounts of copper, chromium, titanium, manganese, and nickel were present as well. This led to the first real theory about the red rain that exploding meteors either causing or as a result, blend in with the rainfall like as it crashes to atmosphere, creating the devilish effect. As cool as that sounds, this theory was soon dismissed when additional rainfall did not corroborate meteoric activity in the atmosphere, so not quite there yet. Rainfall of this nature is weird, but weird and rare but not that surprising. Actually, a milky white rainfall hit Idaho in twenty fifteen, chunks of meat rained on Kentucky in eighteen seventy six, meat meat, and a school of fish rain on the UK in two thousand in the year two thousand, or just some of the examples. So this does happen. It's weird, but it happens. This kind of thinking led to the next theory. Scientists thought that maybe the dusts from Arabian deserts was the culprit, as it happened once in nineteen oh three in England from the Sahara Desert. Like that's all I mean, that's the winds are crazy. It can blow something from that far away onto England, you know. Thus was discovered in the red rainfall, but not nearly enough to justify the theory. And it couldn't account as to why the phenomena stayed local when it should have spread further, so it didn't account for it. But that's one of their theories I worked on. There are other theories that I won't get into because there's some of them really stupid here. But I'll give you what I think is the strongest and happens to match India's official report. I was trying to avoid using scientific terminologies, but here it goes quote. Then, in November of two thousand and one, commissioned by the Government of India's Department of Science and Technology, the CEESS and TVGRI released a report which concluded that algel alkal algel spores colored Kerala's rains successfully grown in medium into lichen.
Speaker 1: How do you spell it?
Speaker 3: Lychin lichen? Lichen? Lichen? Is it lichen? I think so? Okay? Lichen? The successfully grown in medium into lichen associated algae of the genus Trentifolia Trentipolia my bad. Although red or orange, Trentipolia constitutes a chlorofied green algae which can grow abundantly on tree bark or damp soil and rocks, also constituting the photosynthetic symbiont on many lichens, including some of those abundant on trees in the Channanga cherry area. That's an Indian area. I'm sorry. The report suggested that heavy rains in Kerala in the weeks preceding the red rains could have caused the widespread growth of lichans or lichens, which had given rise to a large quantity of spores in the atmosphere. It found no definite mechanism for the apparent extraordinary dispersal of the suspect spores, nor for the uptake of the suspect spores into clouds unquote, so unverifiable. But that's what they think is happening, is that their spores, so like weeks before red rain will gather all the previous weather account that makes up all this green and strange algae formans, you know, lichens come on trees and rocks. Like it says like after enough of it builds up, the next rain would like cause all the sportes to flutter everywhere, causing the red coloration. Like a lot of combination of things like that would in the sky far high, I guess, so to fall down as rain. I don't know how. Yeah, that's why it's hard to from it. But that's like, yeah, it's hard to yes, and then black like or just a different colors. Yeah, so apparently yellow came right after as the rank as it followed like the color wheel a little bit like it would be red and the next color would be predictably yellow, you know, and then and then usually green or black or something after that. But like so like there is a weird journey of it. But yes, that's roughly the order weird.
Speaker 1: Was there any did it mention anything about animals, you know, drinking that rain and getting sick?
Speaker 3: No, that was never mentioned. I also didn't find anyone saying like, oh, this never happened either, like they tested animals. No, but I figure it would have been in the results if that happened, I guess. So now it reminds me of the Last of Us, which is funny because for you know, like oh right, you know, and and it started in India too, I think, or in Indonesia end the show, like the disease started there. So that's doubly fucked up one that's paragraph her. So the theory is not a home run, but it does neatly explain why the red rain is localized to the Kerala region, since the rains cannot be definitively explained and they haven't stopped comes back every ten years or so, not predictably, just thirby once in a while people into the supernatural and euphologists have enjoyed themselves with theories. Sure, the biggest theory involvement involving extraterrestrial activity was that the red particles were biological cells microbes that were from another world assisted by meteorological activity. That's basically the extent of that theory. But I honestly don't believe it. When red rainfall hit India on two different occasions in twenty twelve, coupled with the Mayan apocalypse, many people attributed the phenomenon with the end of the world. But obviously that didn't happen. But yeah, people were imagine you believe that and you're there in twenty twelve. That's crazy, right, That is because people really did believe it. People are crazy. People did go for it.
Speaker 1: Well, they thought the world was going to end a few days ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true too, and that's why I heard about that. That's so bizarre, how bizarre, how bizarre.
Speaker 1: Indeed, in chromium, I mean chromium, but certain types of chromium are highly poisonous.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that's I think, such as what matters or something like that. Yeah, because some is healthy for you different I saw that Aaron Brockovic movie. That's how I'm basing this off.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that what it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hinkley poison their water with tire hex of alian chromium in their wells and that's how people get cancer and stuff. But in the movie, it's just a movie, so I don't really know. There's like different levels of chromium. And the doctor explaining it too, Aaron Brockovic's character in the movie said that some levels is perfect and normal, healthy in that and good for you, and some are originally bad, right, So it really depends on what kind it is. Yeah, and it was used to like for machinery, the poison chromea like the bad coromium. Yeah, it is used to like lubricate machinery. As it's running.
Speaker 1: Reminds me a little bit of War of the World's remember the red Yes, that's good, that horrible rain that would fall and then afterwards the red Yes.
Speaker 3: Technically, I mean, don't be surprised that they got that idea from real world settings like the red rainfalls of Kerala. Yeah, possibly that could be a thing. Red rains, I remember, I remember, so, I remember stumbling. This is not my first time of hearing of this kind of thing. Happening, and not the red rainfall, I mean like weird shed raining.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So on two occasions in cinema or media, I've seen this. One is Magnolia remember the frogs? Oh yeah, Now that's actually based on a real historical thing. Oh sure, yeah. I looked up once, but it wasn't the ex dream. It happened in Europe somewhere I don't remember. It was a long time ago, like hundreds of years ago, but it rained frogs. I think that's where he got the idea. The other one wasn't Fargo the show season one? Have you ever seen that? Uh? And one of the one of the big act parts, like someone's in a car is a blind snowstorm and a whole school of fish rains down on them. It's not like causing a accident, changing the whole story of the show. And we all thought I was super thought. I was like, what the hell kind of fucking was mocking out bullshit? Right? And then I looked up, but that really happened. I mentioned that as that happened in Britain. That totally happens. That totally can't happen, and it happens from like a different seed, not even close by. It can happen from anywhere and it's got just hit hit the right amount of wind and rain and that's it.
Speaker 1: I've been on the water before and I've seen water spouts. Yeah, so what's to say those water spouts don't siphon off whatever creatures are floating near the surface.
Speaker 3: Stead of washing the spider out, it washes it in. For the last one, yeah, read all right, different kind This is a different kind of story. This one's called the Solder Family. Solder family. My last story is a homegrown story. And I'm going to begin by quoting an article published on Christmas Day in twenty twelve. Quote for nearly four decades, anyone driving down Route sixteen near Fayetteville, West Virginia, could see a billboard bearing the grainy images of five children, all dark haired and solemn eyed. The Solder siblings names and ages fourteen year old Maurice, twelve year old Martha, nine year old Lewis, eight year old Jenny, and five year old Betty were stenciled beneath the photos, along with speculation about what happened to them, what was their fate kidnapped, murdered, or are they still alive? Unquote. Have you ever heard of a Solder family? I have not, you have not. This is surprising. I really thought this is the one that you might know. No, no, this one I don't. Okay, And you said Fayetteville, West Virginia, Yes, no, East Virginia, Okay, No, don't know. Have you been there? No? Okay. The Solder family story is one of mystery, confusion, frustration, and tragedy. One of the best things about this story, if such a thing could be allowed, is that there are ample sources to mind information. This story was well told over the years and in several angles. The story hinges on one event that befell the Solder family on Christmas Day nineteen forty five. But first, let's set the table. As mentioned earlier, this story took place in Fayetteville, West Virginia, which isn't quite smack dab in the middle of the state, but it's in the thick section, you know, the thick you know, like suction, not far from Charleston, about an hour or so away. Okay. The house wasn't alone out there, but it didn't have immediate neighbors like most homes do today, which means less witnesses, but also fewer casualties. I'll get to what I mean later. The Solder family was big. You know the expression, they don't make them like they used to. Well, they certainly don't make families like they used to. The mother and father were named Jenny's Cipriani and George Solder, and they had ten children. God, yes, imagine that. Imagine that. Just set back Jay for a minute. This, have a minute of silence, and you imagine multiplying your kids times five.
Speaker 1: I want to take a hostage with two. Yeah, I can't imagine ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The mother and father were named all right, said that. I remember both of them were Italian and George yeah, yes, of course Soder is not as actual last time. He changed it when he came over. I did have that information earlier, but I didn't put it in the story or no way. Both were Italian, and George immigrated with his brother to the United States when he was thirteen in nineteen oh eight. Oh wow. Jenny and George got married in nineteen twenty two and began making their small army. I'm going to note here that at the time, maybe still Fayetteville. Fayettville had a large Italian population and was the primary reason the couple moved there. You know, interesting community that you find among your own people, that kind of thing. From nineteen twenty three till nineteen forty two, the Satters had their ten children, and here's the order from oldest to youngest, John, Joe, Marion, George Junior, Maurice, Martha, Louis, Jenny, Betty, and Sylvia. Fucking hell, are you serious, dude. At the time of the tragic event, the oldest John was twenty three and the youngest Sylvia was three at the time of the end.
Speaker 1: It's a generation difference, yes.
Speaker 3: Tis totally. Now I'm talking about the children because the mystery involves them. At the time of the incident, Joe wasn't at home and had gone to serve in the military a few years earlier. World War Two ended just a few months prior to this tragedy. By the way, it ended in September right on there, and this is Christmas Day we're talking nineteen forty five, so yeah, he was off to Wark. Anyway, the event came in the form of a house fire, a fire that consumed the entire home. Here's the rough timeline of what occurred on the evening of the twenty fourth of December, into the earliest hours of the twenty fifth Christmas Day, Marian came home. The oldest daughter, Marian came home and working from working at a local store, and brought a few toys for her younger siblings. At around ten thirty pm, Jenny the mother took her youngest Sylvia upstairs with her to bed. By this time, George Senior and his two older boys, John and George Junior had gone to bed, already tired from work. I'll interject here to say that the Satters didn't quite have a farm, but they tended to a little bit of livestock and the acre surrounding the house. Just before heading off to bed, Jenny reminded two of her other boys, Maurice and Louis, to tend to the cows and chickens before they went to sleep. The younger children were allowed to stay up past their bedtime with their new toys Maurice, Louis, Martha, Betty and Jenny before heading up to the attic where they usually slept. Marian fell asleep on the couch, presumably while watching over her siblings. Earlier quote. About midnight, a phone call forced Jenny awake. When she answered, a woman asked for an unknown name. Jenny would later recall that the woman had a weird laugh and others were also laughing and clinking their glasses in the background. Jenny told the woman that she had the wrong number and didn't think much about it. At the time. The house was all quiet. Marian was asleep on the couch, and Jenny noticed that the doors were unlocked and the curtains were still open. Typically, the children take care to secure the house before they turned in for bed, but for some reason not on this night. Jenny locked up and closed the shades, assuming that the rest of the children had gone to sleep in the attic. She then retreated to bed. About half hour passed, Jenny awoke when, as she later described, something hit the roof like a rubber ball. It rolled and hit the ground with a thump. However, she didn't pay much attention to it and went back to sleep. Another half hour passes, and this time she awoke to the smell of smoke. George Jenny, which is the baby Marian, John, and George Junior got out. Unfortunately, the staircase to the attic had begun to fill up with fire. Oddly, when the satters yelled up to the attic, they heard no response from the younger children. As Jenny explained, and this is her quoting now, I ran to the bottom of the stairs where the children were supposed to be sleeping. I yelled and yelled, and two boys, John and George Junior, came stumbling down. Their hair was singed by the flames unquote on both ends. So when Jenny got up earlier and noticed the curtains open and front door unlocked, the lights were on as well, which later helped half of the other family to escape they needed the lights were so dark. Once the Stawters saw that getting through the fire upstairs was going to be impossible from the inside, they tried telephoning the fire department, but the phone wasn't working. George tried several things to rescue his children before the foundation fell. He first went to get his ladder, which was always propped up against the house, but found it strangely missing. He and his eldest had the idea of using one of their two trucks to park it to the house and climb up to the house, but fire found that both vehicles would not start, and where they worked the day before. George attempted to use the water he had from a barrel he had outside, but it was frozen solid. This is winter, after all. It seemed that he wasn't meant to save his children from the horrible flames. Marion ran to a neighbour's home to call the fire department, but got no response. Another neighbor further away saw the blaze and called from a local tavern, and after getting no response as well, drove into town and tracked down Fire Chief F. J. Morris, who then had to call everyone else individually to assist in the emergency. Basically, Fayetteville and the nineteen forties in general, were simply not prepared for any kind of rapid response. Betty, Jenny, Lewis, Martha, and Maurice that I make it, did not make it out of the house as the fire engulfed. The fire department reached the sader for resident around eight am, and by then the house was smoldering and in ashes. It took roughly forty five minutes for the fire to consume the house from the starting point. The remaining family members could do nothing but stand and watch the flames and hope to see one of their children try climbing out of a window, but none never did. After a cursory investigation of the ashes, both firefighters and George Sowter himself could not find the remains of the supposed dead children. Here is the mystery of the tale. Many people, including and especially the Solters, believe that their children are missing, that their missing children are just that missing, not dead. The details of the suddenly non functioning trucks, odd phone calls, and missing ladder started to look suspicious. I'll be honest, the mystery stays mysterious due to the point where most people now believe that they must have died in the fire. It's been that long, but a few outlets over the years have kept the story alive, as well as the Solders, and I'll get into those details right now. So the official cause of the fire was faulty wiring, despite the fact that George had the whole house rewired a few weeks earlier when installing a new stove. The Solders were a respected family in the community. In George's trucking business led to a lot of unfamiliar faces. In late fall of nineteen forty five, they were visited by a traveling life insurance salesman and were warned that the house will go up and smoke. The warning felt more of a threat, especially since George was famously anti Mussolini in a time when communities were divided by the war. Yeah, he was famously like you would anti dictators right. A man solictening for employment also warned Joy about the house when noticing the wiring. There were strange and unconfirmed reports of people seeing a man in his car watching over the house weeks before the fire. Here's another one. A maybe different man was seen skulking around the house a day before the fire. So this is from the Sunday Gazette mail in nineteen sixty eight. Quote. During the fire, a man was seen stealing a block and chain from the sawter's garage. When later charged with crime, he also with the crime. He also admitted to cutting the sawder's electric line. He also never went to trial. Missus Sower said he probably snipped a telephone line by mistake, and said we never could have gone out of there alive if the lights had been cut unquote, so the lights stayed to live. This guy tried to cut the line thinking it was a power line. He cut the telep phone line instead. And this guy's again you never want to try. You just admitted to the theft. But that's all he was charged for. Was theft, not murder, nothing like that. He was trying to kill the whole family, correct, No, no one, I mean people if I thought that at first, but it was just no. He was just theft, that's all he was charged for. I don't even know the guy's name. Couldn't even get that anyway. Unquote Uh, that unnamed man was only convicted of theft, as I just said. As fire investigators later recanted the statement, saying that the cause of the fire was faulty wiring, so they took that away, the fact that the lights were stile on when the fire rage says that it's not the wiring. There is nothing concrete about what started the fire, however, the likeliest cause is that it was retribution against the solders for the politically hot views against the Italian dictator, and that the noise on the roof Jenny Hurd was an in sandiary device. Oh but no way to prove that, like a nake palm bomb. Yeah yeah, and the house I didn't mentioned as in the story, but the house was made basically out entirely out of wood ninety percent. Way yeah, but no bodies, right, So the Sawdas were grief stricken, but continue their search for the missing children. Jenny and George were convinced wholeheartedly that their children were still alive. A few months before the incident, a fire consumed the home and the seven people living in it like a different family. Their bones were discovered, no problems. Yeah that's yeah, yeah, so quote. Jenny couldn't understand how five children could perish in a fire and leave no bones, no flesh, nothing. She conducted a private experiment burning animal bones, chicken bones, beef joints, pork chopped bones to see if the fire consumed them. Each time she was left with a heap of charred bones. She knew that remains of various household appliances had been fired in the burnt out basement, still identifiable, and employee at a crematorium informed her that bones remain after bodies. Bones as I remained after bodies are burned for two hours at two thousand degrees. The family's house was reportedly destroyed in just forty five minutes. So yeah, this and other reasons kept the family going, kept the hopes up. Witness reporting came in in waves over the years. One woman reported seeing the children in her diner the morning after in Charleston, which is about an hour away. A week later, the police received this statement from a Charleston hotel patron. The children were accompanied by two women and two men, all of Italian extraction. I do not remember the exact date date, however, the entire party did register at the hotel and stayed in a large room with several beds. They registered about midnight. I tried to talk to the children in a friendly manner, but the men appeared hostile and refused to allow me to talk to these children. One of the men looked at me at in a hostile manner. He turned around and began talking rapidly in Italian. Immediately, the whole party stopped talking to me. I sensed that I was being frozen out, and so I said nothing more. They left early in the next morning. That was her statement that billboard I mentioned at the top of the story kept the tragedy of live for decades and led to much false hope. A conversation overheard in a Texan bar a possible relative in Florida, a convent in Saint Louis, and others. In nineteen sixty eight, the Sauders received a photo postmark from Kentucky of a man that looked remarkably like Lewis, who was nine years old when he disappeared. Sending a private investigator yielded no result whatsoever. The investigator didn't come back. Spribalism and nefarious. I could keep I could keep detailing thread after a thread of leeds, but the ends will remain untied. The Solters vowed to continue the search until their deaths, which they did. George died in sixty nine and Jenny in eighty nine. And eighty nine was the final year. Was the year that the billboard was finally taken down. Wow, So when all the way up to late nineties eighty nine, well, yes, and Sylvia, who turned out to be the last remaining you know, the youngest, became the last remaining Solder family member. She stayed around that area too, in that house.
Speaker 1: I think she's still around.
Speaker 3: All She did a memorial and you know, and she did a memorial thing, something memorialized any right down she's remembering it. She did a memorial in two thousand and ten or something. Oh well, yeah, something like that in her seventies, wow about her missing sibling and stuff like that. But like that was it. Italians could hold a grudge. There's some grudging people. And this is people people easily forget. And you know, we're coming back on those times right now, but people easily forget about World War Two is that it wasn't so black and white. We a lot of people had different opinions of what we were doing over there. Of course, people loved those dictators as much as they hated them. They if they weren't loved, they wouldn't be dictators, right yeah, or they didn't have defense, you know whatever. So like I can see an Italian community be torn apart by this Mussolini guy. But for sure, for example, I.
Speaker 1: Just I think, okay, crematorium versus like a house fire, right like, right when you cremate a body, that's.
Speaker 3: Gotta be burning.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I don't know what the temperas are, but yeah, it's gotta be burning hotter than a house fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But you know, since it's been so long that people just assumed there was the fire and they just missed it.
Speaker 1: Just zero evidence.
Speaker 3: There is a lot more people. There's a lot of details to this case. I mean, we could really make a whole thing out of it, but they really need nowhere And I just I gave you the best topic there. But so I felt like it's about one incident, it's not about multiple murderers or you know, it's not. I feel like it will be boring for the staytail the whole thing. But they had a fire marsh go through it and they're like they were trying to explain it away, but that they felt more like they just wanted to stop working it more than it is, Like yeah, but then why would they want to take five of the kids.
Speaker 1: For what purpose?
Speaker 3: Well, this is all just off the side of my head, but because a lot of people go crazy, SHD so him and he put this in there because it's just so far fetched. But I'll put it in there and I'll take you now. Is that George the father and his second oldest who went to war, the only one that wasn't at home that night they had a row about Mussolini, really enough of a row where like like they were they were not they were you know, I wouldn't trying to say like they were separate. They were just not to get not family anymore like that, like that big of a row about it. That's what I felt like. And the kid went off to finding World War two. I don't know the situation with the kid, as far as I know he lived. He people were saying that he came back because the war had ended a few months prior. He made himself in time to come back and took as many of his siblings as he could, like away from his father who had the wrong politically. A lot of people were saying that, But it's so far fetched.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never believed that strongly in anything.
Speaker 3: Dude, I know people really go for it. Yeah. I have friends also that are really strongly believers and things. I'm like, you have that kind of energy.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, exactly, and especially today.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but like I don't know how they have such But that's a different story. And the other times that they were like all these people that were seen around the house could attribute to like a kidnapping, you know, a grandeur extent canap as many as possible, or and or the kids were trying to get away. Maybe they heard something outside and that's what the doors were open when Jenny woke up at night saw everything opened. Maybe the kids were already gone, so when the fire started, the attic was already empty. Oh you know, that's why that's part of the timeline.
Speaker 1: That's the that's.
Speaker 3: The best timeline, right, that's why the timeline works that way.
Speaker 1: Well, depending what happened to the kids, then I guess. But yeah, surviving.
Speaker 3: And the initial and there was a few little discrepancies, like, for example, George Sotter said initially when the when the fire department first arrived at the scene, that he had tried to go upstairs physically to the attic to get his children, but it was like the fires, you know, burned them too much and he just couldn't do up. And then later said that he just yelled up to them because the fires were already raging, and didn't mention that he went up. He was just confused in the moment. Small decrept you know. It's little things like that interesting.
Speaker 1: And so the mystery is still indoors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, and everyone's sad basically, so.
Speaker 1: Just people like us keeping it alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, right, So those are the four stories. I was struggling between three longer ones or maybe adding a fifth. The Black Stain could have been extended to feature more eyewitnesses reporting and a lackluster but relevant news article of the black goo in other countries, though unconfirmed, unconfirmed. That's the problem. Unconfirmed. That's why I'm going to do it. Yeah right, I like that it wouldn't have I don't think it would have popped as much if I if I added those in there. The Solders has so much information, but since there's so miniscule and procedural, and the fact that they lead nowhere, it stayed my hand from writing more. Honestly, I could see a Netflix miniseries or a David Fincher movie about it in the future more than a bigger story. The Red Rains of Kerala has a lot of scientific information, but felt they would get boring, and The Wedge of biod barely has anything at all. Really, the fifth story that didn't make the cut became so interesting that I decided to make it a feature in the future, like a bigger deal.
Speaker 1: Do you want to give us a hint?
Speaker 3: Nope, fuck you. What I thought was a story about Oh yeah, here's the clue. I did write a clue in here, what I thought was a story about serial killer sisters with old and unverifiable information turned out to be much bigger than anticipated. So I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 1: For a later time serial killing sisters.
Speaker 3: I like it very good.
Speaker 1: I like the I like the you know, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of dig the short story format, right, I kind of like that. I think you can cut you away faster, cut to the main things faster, without feeling like they need to explain too much, as long as there's a somewhat decent flow of what you want to show, like establish the mystery, how what where? You know? Yeah, maybe some of these because I've had some of these in my in my notes apped for a long time, but I know they went nowhere because it's it's too short.
Speaker 1: Right, and we're I mean, what do we do? We do two hour episodes with twenty something paid scripts and months of research.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it's good man. I kind of dig it.
Speaker 1: I might I might try to put something together like that one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh we can team up in the same episode two whatever that you do? Well, that's too much, but you know whatever, three and three two? I like it, well, very good, Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was fun. Good for Halloween. You know, I forgot to mention I'm gonna maybe I'll talk about this in November. But myself, my wife, and our cousins Korlando and Bonquequi, Jenny and Corey, we're going to a lecture in October, a serial killer lecture by doctor Scott Bond, and he interviewed and writes about all these famous serial killers, for example, Rex Hureman and serial Killer. So I should have some good notes from that lecture, and maybe I'll talk about that in the November's episode.
Speaker 3: Please I want to know more about that for October.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm excited about that. So I don't know. Should we jump on our broomsticks and fly on out of here?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween listeners.
Speaker 3: Why didn't it be you know that costumes for all fucking shapes?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, like companies know how fat America is, and we're not that fat. I mean, I know we're overweight, but we're not that overweight, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're I think Americans.
Speaker 3: What do you want to xl at most?
Speaker 1: No too, you too?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't know that. Oh yeah, I really bad at noticing these things.
Speaker 1: Good. That's maybe that means I'm not following a part as much as I thought.
Speaker 3: Like, I would never describe it that game. Hey, I hear you. I hear you talking about Jay. Can you describe him for us? I want to buy true XL fat. At least I don't say that.
Speaker 1: It's I carry it out.
Speaker 3: I always say he's a short Italian here, Yeah, my short Italian with some gray.
Speaker 1: And over the last like maybe two months, I started putting it back on. I'm really upset myself. I was doing so well.
Speaker 3: Putting what back on. Wait, it's a constant battle, dude, it is a constant battle.
Speaker 1: I was working out and then all of a sudden I stopped. Like I don't know why I stopped.
Speaker 3: Dude, that same problem I fucking have. I fucking have too man Like I try to get in a rhythm, I just start getting into the rhythm. I don't know for what reason my body decides to forget. I know what working out is, and like, oh it's been two days, Like what I skip two days?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I know. I'm the same way do it.
Speaker 3: It's some sort of self defense thing that makes me want to be lazy. It's so it's so dumb. Humans are dumb. We're dumb. Yeah, I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 1: It's it's yeah, oh, I know, And don't worry. If we finish early, I'll probably go get taco bell and watch TV before I fall asleep.
Speaker 3: And then you would think the body would want to.
Speaker 1: Naturally be healthy. Your body would your body.
Speaker 3: Our bodies got used to not doing it. That that's the default position I was working out against the type. Isn't that horrible? It's fucking horrible.
Speaker 1: I know. I got to get back into it, especially now because I already have a travel on the books. I have to be in Cleveland middle of the month. I leave on Katie's birthday, which I feel horrible, so it's more closer to the end of the month. But you know, like I'm worried, like nothing's gonna fit. I have to go get new clothes. And I was just doing so well all my clothes fit. Now a lot of my clothes don't fit again. It's just constant fucking back and forth. Many I think Tealia is leaving. I think she's going by her friend.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Her is her Oscar Ashley Joe Jamie.
Speaker 1: Her name is Josie.
Speaker 3: You were close to Josie. Those are also androdging his names. Yes, they could be a boy or a girl.
Speaker 1: I like, we like Josie.
Speaker 3: She's I was trying to scare you. He failed.
Speaker 1: Life of Chuck do we talk of phenomenal? I like, yeah, I wrote a movie. Yeah, I know, I wrote a movie, like one of the best dance scenes I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would say that my biggest my biggest grite A couple of grapes. But one of them is that not enough of Chuck and that age, Like we get so little of him as a child, no as an adult.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, I mean.
Speaker 3: Really just got the dance sequences and just a few flashes of him being terminal, and that's really et.
Speaker 1: So no middle aged Chuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the actor Tom Middlson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you don't really see Chuck until it's already going downhill.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah right, and again very little. We don't see the wife either that much, which I figured you would think it might be important part of his life. Yeah, true, mm hmm. But yeah, but I really like I gave it four stars. It was great. I loved it. I was like, yes, so Life from and Shad Good. It's good. I love the opening. I love the first chapter because it's like a cool like almost like a sci fi mystery, like what's what's happening? What's going on? That's great. I didn't I didn't know the story, so it was pretty cool. I saw it in theaters. It was great. It was the only one in that theater. Really, it happens a lot. Wow, that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Is that a Stephen King thing or no?
Speaker 3: It's probably like awareness of that movie. It was maybe like the advertisement budget of that thing was maybe like nothing, you know, compared to like Weapons of the Long Walk they had trailers for in all streaming sites like one that, like those movies trailers everywhere. Ye, awareness is that's why I advertising Cosa likes one hundred million in something.
Speaker 1: They're they're making a new another one of the short stories. I think it's from the same book that Life of Chuck was in, called Rats. That'll be cool.
Speaker 3: Oh. I love the ghost song.
Speaker 1: Yes, Rats.
Speaker 3: That reminds me there's another King moll be coming out this year. The Running Man. Isn't that his? No? Wait is it his?
Speaker 1: I think it is?
Speaker 3: It is right? The Running Man is this year. I think it is. And that's made by the guy Edgar Wright.
Speaker 1: So, hey, Siri, fucking suck.
Speaker 3: I hate I never use it.
Speaker 1: Alexis so much better. Hey, Siri, did Stephen King write The Running Man? The Running Man was written by Stephen E.
Speaker 3: Desuza. Stephen Desuza, Okay, so I'm not Stephen King.
Speaker 1: Who is? Stephen Desusa is an American screenwriter, producer.
Speaker 3: And direc So it's an original screenplayer. I guess original.
Speaker 1: Siri, who wrote The Running Who wrote the book The Running Man? Hello?
Speaker 3: I could have found this out by now right.
Speaker 1: I thought, for a moment I thought Stephen King was involved in Yeah, by American writer Stephen King. Yeah, okay, under Richard Bachman in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not saying Stephen King wrote the original screenplay, but he wrote the story.
Speaker 1: That the story, okay, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: That's coming out this year as well. And that's also another big temple blockbuster hit or release. No shit, is you gonna watch that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never read the book so well with Yeah, have you seen The r All the movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, No, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't really, Yeah, I thought you would have.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did. I don't think I've ever seen Superman. You're right, Yeah, that's all that.
Speaker 3: No, it's good, is it good?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of over the whole superhero thing. No, I get it, like even the Fantastic Four.
Speaker 3: Like in that case, don't watch it, don't even don't even worry about it. But it is like my favorite Superman.
Speaker 1: And see that's what a lot of people are saying. It's just it's a good.
Speaker 3: It's just my favorite Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've heard Fantastic four is actually really good.
Speaker 3: My favorite. Well it is my favorite. I mean the bar is lower because all Fantastic Four movies suck, unlike Superman Superman movies. So yes, it is the best Fantastic Four. But the floor is really low, so it was easy to beat the riot. You know, it's me, but it's really good.
Speaker 1: Though. I didn't see Pedro Pascal, but if.
Speaker 3: It was one or the other, I would recommend.
Speaker 1: Superman Superman over there. Yes, okay, I heard the end credit scene is a big doozy and uh fantastic Fantastic No, No, okay, not that I remember. Now, I haven't seen anything. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's maybe I just forgot. Maybe it's better than I think it was.
Speaker 1: Is this the one that silver surfers in?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, that I forgot her name?
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah that girl from Ozark. Yeah, and from weapons and from weapons, that's right.
Speaker 1: Was she a good silver serf? Well, I'm sure she should talk, right, the silver serf does talk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she talks? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was it cool? It is cool?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's cool. I mean you still have to it's an alien in silver with a surfer with a surfboard. I mean, yeah, so that's ridiculous already, but like, yes, it's great, it's cool.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, she serves lava at some point. It's kind of fun. Oh wow? How was Galactus awesome? I read the Douglactis. Some people had like weird problems with him. I'm like, dude, he was bad ass and gigantic and scary and kind of he's a planet here and you actually see him eat a planet, which I never assimulate before. Cool. I think from start to finish. It's not like he's preparing a meal, but like you see the how he destroys planets, it's kind of cool. I figured, like I got my, got my and yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Isn't somewhere in like d C history the Silver Surfer was female at one point. Well, it's his takes on different forms.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they cast it at a female for this story, for the emotional plot thora that involving invisible woman in the movie, because she's pregnant in the movie. So there's like a I won't pull it just because of that. I think that's why they made it, made her a woman. But also they could do any They can gender band anything because of the different universe. It doesn't matter, you know, or they never even thought about it, because who cares, right, It's like making that character from thor black when he's supposed to be white. Who cares right?
Speaker 1: I don't even know which one.
Speaker 3: Yeah you just Elba played a character played the guard. Yeah, yeah, that guy, and back then in two thousand and ten, eleven whatever, people got up in arms about that because he's like, you're supposed to be white. I'm like, who gives a shit?
Speaker 1: Like yeah no, But I thought it was like some canon in DC Lord that there was either the Silver Surfer takes on different forms or it was actually a woman at one point in the comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess in this case, they're saying that Service Server was always a woman in this sense, like she doesn't transform to different genders. I mean, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I see. Yeah, I thought they were going more back to like source material because of the way that the thing looks.
Speaker 3: No, as far as I know, in the in the comic book, Surface Server was always male. Oh okay, yeah, as far as I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then yeah, that's cool. Yeah. And then how about Alien Earth?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you saw Finite Yeah, yeah, I loved it so much. You can show dude. I'm so glad you liked this still, because I was worried you might hate it because like it ends on a big cliffhanger. Well, I mean obvious, but I think it's always like it's always better to end the show wanting more, of course, but like also you and the show not by saying what the hell is gonna happen? Is like, Okay, we're here, what's gonna happen next?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like that feeling more. I feel like I felt that way they caught They caught everyone, put him all in a cage.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool, But still the technacal monster is out there walking around.
Speaker 3: He's got to give you on the eye. And the other one too. The other one too, the one that venus fly trap that killed that one girl just ate her uphole, So that thing is still out there. That's two of them.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah, because they contained.
Speaker 3: But we know that that the the Wendy and her gang are safe from most of the creatures. Only only the flies, right, Only the flights for sure eat metal and I don't know how they survived, but yeah, only they are danger to them. So far, we don't know what the Eye can do yet. Remember in the very first episode, it tried to go and kill absorb itself into one of the androids. Yeah, I did to that little girl, the cycle one, the psychle what's her name, nibs Nis. Yeah, right, that's that's why she got so scarred up and she got PTSD and started going crazy because the I went after her when they were first in the ship when they crashed into the city. So that implies that either the Eye doesn't know that it can't assimilate to an android or it knows they can in it in right, So that's possibly two creatures. I can attack androids, but most of them are meat eaters and would just ignore.
Speaker 1: Them, right, now we're watching one called Task with.
Speaker 3: I've seen Task. I'm caught up. I saw that.
Speaker 1: It's fun, is it?
Speaker 3: It's a fun Yeah, it's a fun. We're like, it's a fun dad show. It's a dad show, dead show. I mean, I mean, what's his name, the main guy. It's a Ruffalouffalo. Yeah, Ruffalo is just like from a sad dad cop. He's a sad dad cop said that who was a priest, who was a priest. On top of it, it doesn't even get more dead than no, no, because not you know, that's a really rare combination.
Speaker 1: You know, he's from here, right, like Ruffalo is from like down the street?
Speaker 3: Oh, or like you, oh, here in this state in Kenosha. Oh okay. I was like, he's not from the here that I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's from Kenosha.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying that. My here is Chicago. Oh I don't know, funk about cans fuck your town. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You still see his family name on buildings and stuff they have, like Ruffalo's pizza and ship like that. That's his family.
Speaker 3: Oh oh did they have that established beforehand before, like they've they've been big or people are using his name to like spout, you know, more important. They've been like a staple in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Have you generation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good food good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have like a hair studio, and do they have something called the ruffalo Buffalo sauce or something that would be good? Come on, how do you not.
Speaker 1: That would be good? I am gonna pat I'm gonna market that shrip or likefalo, you.
Speaker 3: Know those ruffle ships like Ruffalo ruffles, like chips, there's something.
Speaker 1: Come on, have you started drinking a ready?
Speaker 3: Come about to? Oh my god, good times. I also saw him last night that football horror movie Oh with the with the Marlon Wayans.
Speaker 1: It looks fucking brutal.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's definitely. I mean it's brutal and like in a very male heavy like like that. Yeah, but I didn't. I didn't know it really. No, I didn't like it that much. But it's cool stuff though in it, Like there's some cool shit in it. But I feel like the movie should be like either forty minutes cut or like just about something else entirely.
Speaker 1: It's something cool visuals man, but like, no, the movie is chaotic.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even know what it is. Really. Yeah, I didn't social commentary. Well, the way I described it to my brother or no, somebody, it was, it's like black Swan for men. He's in the movie black Swan. Interesting. Yeah, Now black Swan's better, I think because it does have a point and knows where it's going. But like, but like imagine black Swan but for men in the sense like all the precious involved in this very particular kind of sports, which is ballerina and there's football, and like how male dominated it is. How you know, it has all that stuff in it that's kind of fun and interesting, But the movie goes crazy Bonker's places in the third act that I'm like, why, like why why? But maybe you'll love it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, be about something else.
Speaker 3: I can see people loving it. It just wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: Well, I like I like Marlon Wayane's Oh.
Speaker 3: No, he's great in it. No, he's he's good. Yeah, he's a good actor in it for sure. I'm not gonna say. I also saw fourteen o eight for the first time. Oh wow, Yeah, I hadn't seen that movie before. It's good.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like John Cusack So he's a weird actor. He can he can do anything. Yeah, yeah, you know, we're starting with those rom coms. And then he'll do being John Makovich and be like a weird sleeve ball. Oh right, and then he'll do like the Raven. He'll play Edgar Allen wagon Alan Paul looking for a serial killer. I'm like, what are you doing? John? And then you'll be a serial killer and girls point like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're seeing girls.
Speaker 3: Point horset point blank. He's like an assassin, not a serial kill. He's an assassin cool, like a hired head man.
Speaker 1: What about the one where he was like, was it wasn't him? Who was like twenty different people? Yes?
Speaker 3: Uh that identity?
Speaker 1: I did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like that.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 3: Also, that's not another horror movie that.
Speaker 1: He was in the nineties Q sack Man.
Speaker 3: And I'm just saying, you take decades of him. He's completely different, roles, completely different.
Speaker 1: What was the big one?
Speaker 3: One Crazy Summer from like early eighties? Oh that one, I don't know. Oh you gotta know that.
Speaker 1: One Crazy Summer's girl classic.
Speaker 3: Now I saw a bunch of eighties but not not all of them. Wasn't he in never mind? Something bad? Influence? No, was he No, I wasn't. Maybe that was James Pader. I was confusing with James Peter in eighties.
Speaker 1: But it was huge.
Speaker 3: How wonder how old he is right now? I mean he's like, he's like a little older than you.
Speaker 1: I'd say sixties.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gonna ask Siria again.
Speaker 1: Hey, Siri, how old is John Cusack? Fifty nine?
Speaker 3: Okay, see, nothing's close on your age, so not not close to my age, pretty close. So when went aha, I'm like, uh huh, like gets annoyed that you're calling her. That was funny.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of her.