Speaker 1: On Welcome to the CEO pre show and ban discussion for episode four fifty nine, four fifty nine or fifty nine. Yeah, we're we're doing a double here today. We're gonna do the ceoprecio. We're gonna get warmed up and loose, but we're also gonna talk about some of the stuff that people have been asking us about for the better part of the last two days.
Speaker 2: Now, I am so loose, loose, yeah, and sweaty.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's hot out and we didn't shower before we came.
Speaker 2: I haven't had time to shower or shave or do anything since the band announcement happened because all I've been doing is responding to people on the internet always. That's how that's what I do in my mind only.
Speaker 1: Of course, I got one, I got one, I got one, Uh, I got you got this. So it makes it difficult to shower, So I shower as infrequently as possible. In true magic the gathering fashion.
Speaker 2: See, I also shower as infrequently as possible, but that's just because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Okay, so did you hear the news? You probably did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I caught wind of it.
Speaker 1: Cockslide extortionist yep. Uh jeweled butt plug yep, I'm gonna call it mana cry and cut off that Pete sure mana cry?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And Sam to Can Sam t Can band?
Speaker 3: Did you ever play against Tucan band?
Speaker 2: I did not, not me either, not one time, not one time.
Speaker 1: I can imagine though it being miserable.
Speaker 2: I feel sad that all those people won't get to have their tou Can Sam altars, though there is.
Speaker 1: For sure one guy that has a very nice kid, Sam Alter.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry now that there's at least two, and you know everybody is sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it is well, and you know.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're not cool pieces of art.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, it is very cool and it's a high quality altar and it's fun and you could play it in Commander Cube or you could play it in regular Cube. I'm sure that regular cubes have equipments equipped for zero, and that card Nadu when whatever his name is, would still be good in cube.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Lightning greaves in shack who are probably not shaku, you know, is that the one that's the one there?
Speaker 1: And as if those are the only two equipments in cubes, and as if those are the only two equipments that are good with.
Speaker 2: Nadu, because come on, oops, let's.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Nadu for a little bit. The lead designer for made Hole admitted that Nadu was a mistake. They changed it last minute to make it more appealing for commander, so every card and legend and powerful, interesting throwback or thing could find a home, right, do.
Speaker 2: You think maybe he was like, do you think Nadu was a racist? And they banned those other three cards that everybody talked about those ones, and everybody just forgot that Nadu was there just talking nothing but politics and religion all the time, And so they banned the other three cards so people would take their eyes off the nad so they would they just unleash.
Speaker 1: Because that's human. Nadho's already banned in other formats. Oh and you know what, like I've never played against it, but I have played with and against decks that play like Nadu does. Take a look at Zadahedron Grinder, for example, non deterministic. I might not actually win this game if I don't drawn off cards, or if I whiff, or if I run out of mana drops or rituals or if I don't draw into like a dedicated win con and like you've played against my Zata deck where people have to like tick down or tick up two different D twenties to tell me how much colorless man I have and how much red man I have floating as I go through the turn. And then I try to like infinitely speed run a dungeon to try and take advantage of one room. So every six times I.
Speaker 3: Dungeon, you want everybody.
Speaker 1: I get like somebody for one damage and that makes me one man and I draw one card.
Speaker 2: It's like, eh, now, who's the least exciting card on this list?
Speaker 1: But let's you can see why. You can see why, and the the I.
Speaker 2: Would say, the second least exciting card on your dockside extortion.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on to that one. Let's save the cherry on top with the last two.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say and hot take. Maybe probably not, I don't care. The Dark Side was banned it. I played it in eight decks, okay, And here's why I played it in eight decks.
Speaker 1: I played the most part.
Speaker 3: I played it in eight because I had eight yep I opened them and had them and stuff.
Speaker 2: I was actively searching for them because I play a lot of Red and Dockside Extortionist is a great way to play, in my case, your five or seven or nine or eleven drop Commander, because.
Speaker 3: They keep dying.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to bring yourself back into the game. So I just used that as like a really easy catch up thing. And so when he got banned, I'm kind of like, this fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: But but but you didn't read the rest of the article, and you just saw the Dockside was banned, and you were like, Okay, I can see that. I can see that coming, right, I.
Speaker 2: Get And they've been talking about it for a long time, right, Yeah, Well there's a surprise.
Speaker 1: There's been definite conversations for a long time when you talk or or listen to any CEDH content or just the general goings on of the Magic verse. This card is so good and it's the backbone of Red in nearly any tuned or powerful or CEDH style deck, so much so that it like it's combos outside of Red, Like, yeah, everybody knows.
Speaker 2: The deck that I'm the most sad about losing it in Brutoclad. Yeah, I think that brutoclad might be my tightest list that I have because you.
Speaker 1: Make treasures and then the treasures turn into seven seven dwarfs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so it's it's so good, right, my my blue red crater hoof Behemoth, like it's so good. The other decks like it sucks to lose it. And we'll talk about value later on, like the money part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if even like it's worth mentioning, Yeah, it is worth you know what I have to remember For me, I suppose I should have said that at the top. For me, the monetary change or difference postban and pre ban doesn't matter to me. And we'll get into that when we talk about that. But I think it goes to it's important for us to say that for you it does matter. For me, it does not matter. And for that reason, I am a lot less passionate and more app to just kind of carry on. And we've got the article in front of us, like the Band and Restricted update from September twenty third, for me to just read it and take it at face value that this is the reasons, and to read what the RC put out the Commander Rules Committee on MTG Commander dot net and on Twitter, you know all the people and most of which I know, to read it and take it at face value and say, okay, well those are the reasons and move on. Take doc side out of my deck. I had it at anamar where I did dirty rotten, broken shit with it, like bounce it infinitely and just make it mana and dump it into a walk in Ballista, right. And I played it in my Cascade Friends deck just because I had a second one. Yeah, and I just wanted to like, oh, it's my Cascade two drop that'll maybe make me five mana that I can play another Cascades spell with.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we both probably did dirty rotten things within yeah. And we both also did regular stuff.
Speaker 3: With regular casual magic stuff.
Speaker 2: No, people have a hard time, oh docs ie, that's like one hundred dollars cards.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god it No.
Speaker 1: I got it in a pre con. I got it in the Sabine precon because I wanted to play Pramic con petitioners.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those I don't know.
Speaker 2: The dock side one didn't hit as hard as crypt and Lotus for me, And those are the ones, I think a are the ones that people.
Speaker 3: Are actually mad about.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there's for a bunch of different reasons, and the nuances within those reasons, right.
Speaker 2: It's the top down face value. What makes me The thing that upsets me the most is these were things that were like tenth anniversary presents for people that I know, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: People waited in line instead of they flew to a city, then spent eight hours waiting in line, then picked up this card that they traded basically their entire trade binder for to get this card. That is now it's not worthless yet, but the freefall as of today when we're recording, hasn't stopped right, like it could go all the way down to no dollars, like it could be legitimate bookmark coaster. Interesting oddity that you'll show your kids one day and.
Speaker 1: Say this is what it did, and oh, Grandpa, that's such gets you back to the home. Grandpa, that's a crazy card.
Speaker 3: What did you do with that? I forgot brand fucking nothing.
Speaker 1: I do that with Brando. Now, okay, grandpa Brando, let's get you back to the home. Did you remember your medicine today?
Speaker 3: I sure did.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not lit up and on fire right now from being pissed off. But the thing with these ones is these two cards Man of Crypt and Jeweled Lotus, for years since they've existed, have done exactly what they were printed to do and exactly what people said they were going to do in exactly the kind of decks that people said they were going to do them in. And it took them years, with no upfront conversation with anyone, to just wipe them out.
Speaker 3: And that's not a.
Speaker 2: Financial thing, even though these are things.
Speaker 3: That people trade up into.
Speaker 2: They trade all their five dollars arres that they open in a box, they trade all these things, they save up some money, they go out and they buy this card that they need to finish off a deck. And these are things that go in every deck.
Speaker 1: That Okay, hold on, hold on, you're lost for words. From minute, let me interject with two things and then i'll give you the platform back. Two things. The first one is they go. You said that, they go in every deck. You just said that, And I'm not trying to try. I'm just I'm working out the nuance here because there's a lot to be mad about and there's a lot to understand at the same time, and through understanding, we can kind of knock all the sharp corners off. How we feel about this. Hopefully that's my goal today. Okay, and I know you don't like knock in sharp corners off.
Speaker 3: I'm a sea urchin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So they go in every deck. But you also said they go in the decks that you think that they go in. Yeah, and it's like, okay, is that like the high end competitive decks or is it every deck? Because they go in.
Speaker 2: Both, they can go in every deck. Yes, Typically you'll only see them played in the because commanders of social format and the social at least in my experience, the social mechanics that have been set up by the community will typically play them in higher power decks or in ones where again, where I played them was my commander costs a thousand and it dies.
Speaker 1: A million dollars was going to be my next question, and this will let me.
Speaker 2: Power them out. I played them in coma. I played it in right like I play them in things that cost seven and nine To get them into play ult cost five sometime. Okay, yeah, but O three also costs nine because it dies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's a three to three.
Speaker 1: So yes, and the Rules Committee had stated that the explosive turns off the start, like the ability to with these cards in your opening hand consistently untap on turn two with five MANA, combined with the increase since Strixhaven of the mid game card being very high power and accelerating past the beginning part of the game, has changed how these cards changed, Where these cards are being used to their greatest effect, and when when you look at that kind of development in the landscape of Commander mixed with Jeweled Lotus being reprinted in Commander Masters and Manicript being reprinted several times, it's not like they're less expensive, but more people have them because they open them in booster packs, and when they open them in booster packs, they're happy. They're happy, and they don't just put them in their CEDH deck. Right. You had them in non CDH decks, so did I. And when you say things like they're only relegated to CDH so they don't matter, but everybody plays them in casual anyways, because and I've heard this rhetoric, rule zero's dead. It's bullshit. It doesn't solve anything. Then we get the situation that we're in now, where everybody's Lots of people are running manacrypts and jeweled lotuses in their very casual decks because they have them, because they open them. Yeah, and it's an issue now and they're not trying to make it an issue, and they're not trying to pubstomp or roll over on people playing casual And I'm playing CDCH so I can win prizes. We're not in Calgary yet. Yeah, but it's just become part of the landscape of the format. Right, It's like they've just become a weed in casual commander's side because the rules Committee and and and whether you like them or not, that's not this conversation. But the rules Committee stated that they want to cultivate longer games because they feel that that's better for the format.
Speaker 2: Let me hit you with this. I don't care what they think. Okay, it's not their job to think. It's not their job to cultivate the kind of format that they think people should have.
Speaker 3: I'm a believer.
Speaker 2: And if you're going to say this is a social format, yeah this is.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you an example. Kill Is this annoying? Is this irritating?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a jeweled lotus do you want me to stop? Yeah, I should be banned.
Speaker 3: He should. How do you get me to stop doing this?
Speaker 1: I banned you, lotus.
Speaker 2: Would you ask me politely to stop, please stop doing that?
Speaker 3: Look at that I stopped.
Speaker 2: Or would you call the police and try and have arrested for doing that? Because that's what's happened here, okay, finish People in their playgroups or in their stores see people playing these cards and all the games are over too fast. Oh I can't keep up.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have access to these cards. Fairpoint, fair points all. But they complained to a governing bodies. The governing body banned it because some people complain that some games are ending too quickly. And I think that that's a pardon my language, a bullshit reason to ban a card. I really do, especially when they are higher end quasi staples that could be solved with massive reprinting on the company side.
Speaker 1: And we're not there yet, We're gonna We're not quite there yet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tease it. All of this lands squarely on Wizards. Are some are some players complaining very vocally to at the grassroots part of this situation, Yes, is the RC making a vast sweet being banned that hurt stores and players and collectors. Are they a part of this conversation where people are so angry? Absolutely they are. Do they deserve some heat as a committee?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Individually, No, because they're still humans and they're good people trying to do what's right for everybody.
Speaker 1: I like that part, and especially like I'll pile onto that even though there's so many things I have to say, and you're saying so much that I'm forgetting my points.
Speaker 3: Good knowing, like actually.
Speaker 1: Meeting and being friends with multiple members of the Rules Committee and the Commander Advisory Group or the KEG CG. If you see that anywhere, it's another group of kind of RC underlings that also help manage the format and intake and broadcast information two and four. The RC knowing those two groups of people don't come after them and don't say things about what you think their position or what should happen to them, that is bad. And I don't think that anybody in CCO nation does that, and I certainly haven't seen anybody in our community hell do that.
Speaker 2: No, I've seen a lot of it in the last few days.
Speaker 1: But man alive, man I just lay.
Speaker 3: Off them as people.
Speaker 2: You can hate the decision that they made as a group, but you can't really hate them because it's not any individual human that did this. The people that you can shit on is Wizards of the Coast because this is their fault one hundred percent. And I'm going to tell you why I think shit is if you look at and this is the big heated argument right now, possibly because you know my fun isn't your fun or whatever is solring? Where everybody's why don't they ban solring too? It's and the thing is, the reason that they shouldn't ban solring isn't because it's iconic to the format.
Speaker 3: It's not everybody has access to it.
Speaker 2: I think that if everybody, if you opened a manacrypt and a jeweled Lotus in every single Commander pre con and everybody had access to them, I would be willing to bet that we wouldn't be sitting here right now.
Speaker 1: I think you're probably right because can I take that a step further, just just for five seconds, give me also give me free instant speed removal that says destroy target jeweled Lotus and destroy target manacrypt, or like a one drop in chant artifact that says maniccrypt deals double damage to you. Sure, and I enchant you with it. Sure, give me, give me those cards and solve that problem when every single pre con has a jeweled Lotus and a Maniccrypt in it, and fuck nay, stop printing soul rings in pre cons for four or five years. Only print maniccrypts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just do in my head, like if I had a magic wand and I could wave it around, every Commander deck would come built exactly as it is right now instead of coming with that bullshit Commander or super pack preview thing has two cards.
Speaker 1: In it or the thick the thick daddy Commander.
Speaker 3: Fuck all that. You get a white bordered.
Speaker 2: What's it called manacrypt Yeah, and a white border jewel lotus yeah, with a little like generic set symbol on it. And then everybody has access to the card and they're not in the deck. But if you want to tune your deck up to play a little bit higher, you can take those. You can cut a couple of things, stick them into your pre con or do whatever.
Speaker 1: Now, the customizable pre con we talked about like on last week's.
Speaker 2: Show, exactly, then everybody has one, and I feel like that would I'm not saying that this is just a bunch of butot hurt people that didn't want to buy expensive cards and wanted to ruin the fun of the people that either opened them or took the plunge and got them, because that's not what this is. This is just a it's an amalgamation of shit that just built up and came out. I think in a really poorly thought about.
Speaker 1: It is also that because nobody was complaining about sol Ring needing a ban until this happened, Until this happened, and they said, well, wait a second, you said sol Ring is the same as manicre band sol Ring too. Right, Well, if that's the if that's your fucking argument, banned Dark Ritual and ban Jessica's Will and ban Piratic Ritual and by like, ban all those cards too ancient tune right ancient tomb I had that one listed the party tree. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, And if it's about making people feel bad that they lost games, maybe they should ban Creater hoof Behemoth and cyclonic Riff.
Speaker 1: And okay and hyperbolic, easy to be inflammatory. Okay, I want to go way back, but we're not doing any of that stuff. I want to go way back and ask you if if policing fun and banning cards and making the format fun for people isn't the RC's job, what is their job, Or if that's an impossible question for us to answer because we're not them and we don't have a strong enough understanding of that, what should their job be in your eyes?
Speaker 2: In my eyes, I don't think they should exist. And I've always thought that. I don't think that these people need to exist at the level that they do, especially when they say this is just a suggestion, this isn't official, But then when you go on a deck building website, they still tell you that you're is illegal.
Speaker 1: And if you're playing in the CEDH tournament in Magic or Command Fester Toronto, well fuck that.
Speaker 2: When you go to a local store and you can't use them because they're banned, the suggested thing from this group that doesn't officially control the rules controls the rules, and I don't think they should be there in any case, I honestly don't.
Speaker 1: I know that you've said that in the past, and I want to make sure that I say that to the people listening, because it's easy to I'm not just saying that now. Yes, It's easy for somebody to hear that and say, oh, fuck, you're just saying that. You're just saying that because you had nine cards that come out of decks that used to be worth two hundred dollars fifteen fifteen. Sure, Okay, So if you think that they shouldn't be an entity or an organization or governing body, you think that WATSI should just do it, yeah, and just handle bands like they do for modern or standard like this.
Speaker 2: RC should be just like a part of the Wizard's net, even if it's the same people, Just have them not as this like, don't pretend that you're some kind of independent body, because you're not.
Speaker 1: You know what, I have to disagree. I think they if they don't have the authority to ban an unbanned cards, then what are they doing? And they are just pretending, right, So either have them in the capacity that you have them now or fucking bounce like those are the options.
Speaker 2: Then say that they're in the capacity that they're in because they don't know because they do say that they're not a governing body, they're not official, they're not but they are no, no, no, they're.
Speaker 1: Not wats the employees. They are the governing body for the format that Watsie uses, their their their ideas, their.
Speaker 2: Guidance on well, then they should be official humans at the company.
Speaker 1: I don't see how that changes any of what we're going through if if they're official, Watsie people are not because without getting inflammatory and assuming that they're in collusion with wats and insider tradings happening, and I would know because none of that happens.
Speaker 2: I would love to see a proof of life with a jeweled lotus, but I'm not going you know what I'm saying. I would love to see that, but that's not that's end me being funny.
Speaker 1: You know what they hold on the insider trading thing, It's been it's been confirmed that the RC and the KEG they were actually all in agreeance and decided and were told that if they do pre sell any of their stuff pre bands, they will be eliminated from those governing bodies as they should be, as they should be because and I don't want to use insider trading because that's it. That's a legal term for a regulated market and this is not that obviously, so you can't you can't give it the same kind of onus or Cony's. But they've already thought of that, and and they're not trying to make a bank, and they're not trying to lose, like, they're not trying to take money away from you. Now, I do agree with you. I feel for the local game stores that are sitting on a stock of these things that have since gone down. Now, it's not like a game store instantaneously picks up like a shipment or a stock of Mancrypts like they do booster boxes. Right, Oh, I'm just going to go to my supplier and order fucking eighty six Mancrypts and sell them instantaneously on pre order with like when Dusk Worn comes out. That doesn't happen. So these these stores, just like collectors, just like players, accrue these over time, and they appreciate over time because the format grows and the cards get older and more scarce theoretically, and they gain value and you sell them for a profit. Now that's harder to do because the cards are worth substantially less. Are they still in free fall at this moment?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, as we sit here right now.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Will they go to zero? No, because other formats that play them exist except for Jewel Lotus except for jewel lotus, though it does count as a sacrifice in legacy, and you can play it in Commander Cube.
Speaker 3: Nobody plays Commander.
Speaker 1: No, not very many people play Commander Cube. But my point is they won't go to zero dollars. And I actually saw open offers on Facebook today for like two hundred dollars raised foiled jeweled lotuses. Now that's not five hundred, but it's still not nothing, right, and.
Speaker 2: Man, and those are gonna go down, Like people don't buy those right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't buy them at two hundred, But in a month from now, what if they're.
Speaker 3: At three hundred, they won't be.
Speaker 1: Maybe they won't be, but maybe they will be. I don't know, right, And we're not MTG finance guys or spec guys or whatever. And I certainly don't know how many copies exist out there, and there's not serialized ones to fricking tell us that, right, YEA. What I don't What I don't like about the situation I think the most is people being so upset when their cards go from and just hear me out, let's say two hundred dollars to ten dollars, right, big hit, big hit. It feels like a big hit. You weren't selling that at two hundred, you're not selling at ten, so you don't have the money either way. And I get it. There's a safety net if like you break your leg and you need to sell cards, Like I get that.
Speaker 2: If you're electric heating thermostat wiring in your walls blows fire out of it and you have to get it fixed by an electrician, like what happened to me.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it seems ultra specific.
Speaker 2: The day before this band happened. This is a This is actively a big hit.
Speaker 3: Like I've talked.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've mentioned on the show, but like every new tattoo I've had represents a high end card that I've sold, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's where I get.
Speaker 2: My kind of fun money, right Yeah. And now that I'm I'm in a position where I had to do some massive car repairs and I had to think like having that safety net of like, man, I can sell some cards and make some of this back. Specifically had me heated up for a little walk. So people say we weren't going to sell them anyway, Well maybe I was well because I was playing them because I owned them. And I could certainly not own them to not be kind of screwed when it comes to fixing things around my house in real life.
Speaker 1: I would bet that you're in the massive minority there.
Speaker 3: I certainly am.
Speaker 2: And again I'm acknowledging that I am in a position that not many people were in but I and I do I feel for people who did, because again, we're in a position where a lot of our high end singles and stuff come from we run a show, we're influencers, and.
Speaker 1: We do get the ior I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We do get a kickback from our business daddies at Fusion Gaming Online dot com, and we do get cards from there for less monies because we get paid in store credit. Yeah, so some of these things do come from there. So the financial hit that we took based on our upfront investment is much less than the average human being that paid two, three, four hundred.
Speaker 3: Dollars for one of these cards.
Speaker 2: Two things, and that that it just sucks when you I get the the oh, you know, I never got to play my super cool neon yellow maniccrypt. You know, I never got to even play it. I've played the deck a few.
Speaker 3: Times, never drew it.
Speaker 2: And that just damn and now I won't get to and that makes me sad.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy that.
Speaker 2: I have the card still, but it still makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Command of Cube Baby play. Two things. People think that we're rolling in the dough. We ain't.
Speaker 2: No, we ain't no.
Speaker 1: That's why patreon dot com slash podcast very very important because fusion pays a shit. That's the thing. One. Yes, So if you feel like supporting and Commander cook Up provides you value and entertainment and enjoyment, fuck and please go to Patreon because it means a whole ton to us. Second thing, how come the opposite is not true? When I tell you, I tell you the proverbial you anybody the sliver queen you pulled out of a three dollars booster pack in nineteen ninety seven is worth five hundred dollars. How Come I don't just run out and sell it. No? But but how come there's not this extreme emotionally positive response. How come when I tell you Foil Dolman gates from Lorwin are like one hundred and ten each and you got like a playset of them, and it's like, oh fuck, there goes my electrical issues here you go, whoever, take these cards and now I'll pay the electrician, right, Like, the same can be true. And that's the part that I have that I have a trouble with, is it? Yeah, is like these cards are sitting there in a deck or in a binder unless you have very specific circumstances like you actually had this week, and I didn't even know that, so.
Speaker 2: I sprung it on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel bad that those issues happened to you. I feel less bad about or I don't feel any worse for you that the cards tanked in price because you've got I do have like seventeen million other cards that you could do the thing that you're talking about that you could have done with these cards. Right. And that's why the issue is complex is because maybe, and this is how nuanced it can be, maybe you've got an attachment to that Silver Queen because it was in your first Boost pack. Ever, maybe your other Sliver Queen I painted for you, Maybe your other Sliver Queen you lost your virginity to. Maybe your other Sliver Queen because you've got four of them. I do like you and Lenny Bounce these guys in Calgary one time, and it's a memorable thing, and it sits up on your mantle like tremors too, right, And I don't know any of those things, even after the fact that you told me that you had a bunch of financial burdens this month, right, And when somebody is just flaming on the internet because that's what they do. I actually was talking to a guy in Commander crookout comments on YouTube, and I'm like, like I did to you, help me understand, because the more that you and I can talk about this issue and people can talk, and the more we say things like help me understand why you're upset, the more we can work through the issue. And like I said, knock some of those rounded or around some of those sharp edges off. And while I'm not going to make you feel better now, I understand.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes just yelling about it kind of helped.
Speaker 3: I was. I don't know if you know this about me, but.
Speaker 2: I was lit up hi yesterday when I got home and I was pulling those cards out of my deck.
Speaker 1: Well you pulled them straight away, Oh yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: Them right away because I knew we were going to be recording today and I wanted to even even through my haze of fucking rage.
Speaker 3: I wanted to have something constructive.
Speaker 1: Did you drink a pile of bones beer? Oh?
Speaker 3: I drank three of them? Oh yeah, yeah, oh, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Just I'm yanking cards out. And you know what I did after that, I relaxed.
Speaker 3: I just raged.
Speaker 2: And Sam was like, I don't understand anything that you're saying, but I feel bad for you. And then afterwards, I sat down with my binders and I sat down with.
Speaker 1: My I'm on fire.
Speaker 3: What I thought was a.
Speaker 2: Chaff pile from Duskborne.
Speaker 3: And you know what I.
Speaker 2: Did, Oh, filled in the gaps, filled in what caps the gaps in my decks that were left by all the cuts of filled them in with new cards or old cards. And so I did something constructive. So on tomorrow show will actually have something to say that it's like constructive and that stuff that like, oh, here's an opportunity for you to use some new ship to them into your decks. And on the upside too, they're not super expensive staple cards that you're going to invent a whole bunch of money in and then they get banned out underneath you.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta get a few shots in. I gotta get a few shots in.
Speaker 1: I like, I like that this is probably our longest pre show ever. It's its own episode. But I knew it was gonna be. That's why I said, like, let's get started. I don't think that we've solved the problem now. Anybody who started the show mad is probably still probably still anywhere between like peeved and mad, and maybe maybe if we made them one percent less bad. We have to take that as a w hell yeah, right, And and the people who wanted our opinions, like, I think they already knew that you were lit up, and I think that they already knew that I really weren't. I well, and you know, I say it on the show all the time. I don't really have a passionate, like left or right leaning response either way. That's why it's so terrible to talk to me about like politics and religion and books and magic. It's like, ah, yeah, I mean, I'm I'm willing to listen and not let you vent because I'm asking strategic questions to help myself understand. But through that process, you get to tell me how you feel and why you were pissed, and tell you tell me about ripping cards out fucking throwing them off your balcony, right, you think he opens up cards and throws them like when he just opens up See what I'm mad? You see when they're bad? Holy smoke. I threw a card off a balcony in Vegas one time, right in the pool. And it's got nothing on Uncle Brandal oh Man, Uncle Brandle's card chucking imporium.
Speaker 3: That's me, come on down.
Speaker 2: One thing I want to say, just for logical consistency, you're talking about Sliver Queen three dollars pack, four hundred dollars card. Yes, sir, that also makes me mad because cards shouldn't cost that goddamn and that's how we've got here. And I've always believed that these cards shouldn't cost that much, and it makes me uncomfortable when they are.
Speaker 3: And I would not.
Speaker 2: Be angry if these same two staples that were cut and their value eight.
Speaker 3: Shit eight shit, because they.
Speaker 2: Were just made on a common sheet and printed in day every deck.
Speaker 3: Ever, because if.
Speaker 2: My hundred and whatever dollar card goes down to five because everybody else can play with them, my special edition that I have or my foil is always.
Speaker 1: Going to be worth a little bit of people who invest in Beta duels, Right, It's just I wish people could play the cards and I wish they weren't so expensive.
Speaker 2: And so either way, I'm just like, God, damn it, Like, if you're gonna do this, leave it alone, because fucking people investor hard and money in the ship and when they lived.
Speaker 3: I'm still I'm still a little mad. I could constructive.
Speaker 2: And most of it's because I keep thinking that, God, I keep thinking of that guy that was sitting in Regina.
Speaker 3: There was a dude that sat in Regina. I wish God I remember his name, but he sat in Regina the whole day.
Speaker 2: He put like one game that whole day because he traded in his entire life to buy a Manacrypt that he didn't get to play.
Speaker 3: A crypt Manacrypt.
Speaker 2: You never got to play it, oh, because he bought it that day. And it's right, like and damn it, Like, I just I feel so bad for those people, because for every guy like that, there was two other people that had it in the mail.
Speaker 3: And then I hate that because and.
Speaker 1: You don't want to here, here's here's the thing that maybe something like this could could. Here's a here's a potential positive that I already know, places like Star City Games have is if you have a card and you've owned it or it's been less than two weeks since you purchased it on their website, if it gets banned or restricted, you can send the card back and be refunded in store credit. Oh wow, So maybe something like this triggers every major online retailer like Fusion and face to face Star City in Card Kingdom and everywhere everywhere to say stuff like this because and not every mom and pop shop who's registered through TCG player can do this. But maybe TCG player, an online marketplace that does actually have a lot of money because they take a percentage of every sale and they've got millions and millions of dollars in like liquid operating profit monthly, maybe they can help smaller sellers with this kind of thing. Right. Maybe this eliminates people getting like jerked around when they try and buy an expensive card on Facebook marketplace. Right, Maybe people just don't do that anymore because they're protected more fully when they go to an online retailer.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So there's all these little i'll call them evolutions of the game and of the landscape. When when stuff like this happens. Right, every workplace rule is written in blood because somebody got their arm chopped off or lost a finger, got their eyeball poked out with a grinding disc Right. This is the kind of thing that we're that we're living in right now. Like Uncle Brando got his wiener chopped and his eyeball poked out and is missing an arm because three of his favorite cards were banned. And now, I mean, really, there's not a whole ton that we can do other than just let people know in a constructive way that we're not happy with these bands and talk to the people that say that they're the people that will listen. Go on to the commander RC discord and politely, like sign the petition or go to Twitter.
Speaker 2: There are petitions. Actually, yeah, if you're upset about it, sign it, man.
Speaker 1: Like I had a guy tell me that him and a bunch of local game stores in his city are seeking legal counsel for all the money that they lost. Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, there are people.
Speaker 1: The unregulated market.
Speaker 2: It's an unregulated market. But as far as like retail price.
Speaker 3: Of things goes, this is it.
Speaker 2: This is a lot of zeros that we're talking about. I mean, this is going to be heated for a while. But again, don't take it out of anybody, and don't stress too hard about it, because these things have a way of work in themselves. Out I'm sure they'll just print Jeweleder.
Speaker 3: Lotus in the next command. It'll zacrify lotus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've dredged him.
Speaker 3: Jeweler lotus.
Speaker 1: I got this, I got this, I got this. If you need to recuperate some of your funds, that's the last thing I have. If you need to recuperate some of your funds, check out the price trend on manivault and if you've got any manivaults.
Speaker 2: Sell sell sell stork Stalks. Yeah, I think we should. Probably we're gonna sign this one off and we're gonna head over to tomorrow. We're gonna talk about some more constructive things. What decks did we have impacted? What did we put in them? Where do we go from here?
Speaker 1: Dusk Morn I got I got dusk morn replacements for banned cards. You do too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna live in the in the after the after glow, I believe it's what they call that when a nuclear bomb goes off.
Speaker 3: But like the sky is still lit up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is D Day plus one, Yeah, the day after tomorrow. How many more movie references can.
Speaker 2: We Would you believe that plus Godzilla plus one is called plus one because.
Speaker 1: Like Godzilla plus one, it's like ten was the worst.
Speaker 3: It could get and then it's like eleven.
Speaker 1: So plus one Godzilla frickin' is so far behind you think he's first, that's right or he I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna think that Godzilla is hard. Anyway, you want to hit our themes, so I'm gonna