Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two. Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're enjoying this over cast Friday here in southern California.
Speaker 3: The clouds are out, Bud, the skies are perfect.
Speaker 2: In Arlington, Texas, That's where the Dodgers are at fourteen and six on this season. After a six in game homestand into with a three game sweep of the Colorado Rockies, the Dodgers now hit the road for a five game roadchip. First start Texas in a three game series against the Rangers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound in this series opener, first pitch coming up at five to oh five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup the latest on show. Hey o Tani not with this Dodgers team. He is back home in southern California awaiting the birth of his first with his wife, so he has been placed on the paternity list. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. David Vast has got more on everything from Arlington and just a little bit, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and LA on the field and in just a few minutes we'll send it out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth. Well Wednesday night, the Dodgers wrapped up their homestand the offense with a big first inning and the bullfen with a big time performance. Bobby Miller got the start, the right handerd called up from Triple A Oklahoma City, hoping for a bettier outing that he had last season. At the beginnings, he gave up a run on the top of the first Kyle Farmer and Rbi triple and just like that, Colorado led one to nothing.
Speaker 3: That lead, though didn't last long.
Speaker 2: In the bottom of the first show Hey O'tani a lead off home run that tied the game. Won two batters later, Freddie Freeman one out.
Speaker 4: Nobody on Freddy Freeman hammers one. This one is deep, this one is gone to The Dodgers have the lead. Two solo home runs in the bottom of the first Otani and now Freddy Freeman. It's two to one.
Speaker 2: Solo home run for Freddy Freeman is third of the season. Dodgers up two to one and they were just getting started. Andy Paie has a two run single. Austin barr Is delivered with a two run double. Andy pa Has then had the two run single a six to one lead show ay Otani back up again as the Dodgers batted around, sending twelve batters to the plate Otani and RBI single. He was two for two in the first inning as the Dodgers scored seven runs in the first to take a seven.
Speaker 5: To one lead.
Speaker 2: The lead, though, wasn't safe, and the third Bobby Miller got touched up for five runs, including a grand slam. It was a seven to six Dodgers lead. In the fifth thing, though, the Dodgers with a much needed insurance run, which proved to be the game winning run thanks to Andy pai has.
Speaker 4: I was speaking of International Baseball and the manager's scrum today with the press. Dave Roberts was asked a question about the news that Dodgers Stadium will be the Olympic venue for baseball in twenty eight There's a hot shot to the left field. That's a base hit. Once he's a round third, he'll kime to the play in score. It's another run dotted in Prandy Piez.
Speaker 2: It is eight to six RBI single for Pojz. This third RBI of the game. Dodgers up eight to six. That run was huge because in the seventh Kyle Farmer and RBI ground i made it an eight to seven game. The Rockies would strand the tye run at third and the seventh, and then in the ninth the Rockies at the time run on Tanner Scott, though with the strikeout to end the threat in the game. Dodgers down the Rockies on Wednesday, eight to seven. Ben Casparius gets the winning relief. The Dodgers bullp has been fantastic. They combined for one run over six innings of relief. With the win, the Dodgers finished off the sweep of Colorado. They're now fourteen and six on the season and now they're on the road in Texas for a three game series against the Rangers and with more We head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth and welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tim.
Speaker 6: We sail low from the International Space Station also known as the Broadcast Booth the Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. Rick Monday, the Dodgers returned here if good memories of this park. Of course, the twenty twenty World Series was won here and then the last trip yere in twenty twenty three an offensive explosion for the Dodgers as they erupted for a series win.
Speaker 3: But we're not going to bury the lead. The big story today is.
Speaker 6: That show Hey Otani is going to miss his first game of the season for happy reasons. He is still not with the team. He never left Los Angeles. His wife, Mamico, is do with their first child, and hopefully all things go smoothly there and.
Speaker 7: We wish nothing but the best. And it's a special time in anyone's life. And you know, this is a ball club now that that understands they don't have the big impact that the start of the lineup, and Eddie Rosario has been called up in Rosario, who really showed some very good swings in spring printing, will serve as a DH in Game one of this three game series and he'll bat in the eighth spot.
Speaker 6: And Dave Roberts lineup, Eddie's been tearing the cover off the ball down and okay, see, of course at that level regarded for being a hitter friendly, but he comes into this with some momentum as he makes his Dodger debut. And I'm just gonna say this show, Hey, we know that you have always valued and loved your sleep. That has helped you become the best baseball player on the planet. Welcome to the no Sleep club, my friend. Yeah, that that ship has sailed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's normally signage and says no sleep zone, and so it's one of those says. But I'll tell you what, there's nothing like having a child come to the end of the world, whether you get sleep or no sleep or anything else. And again, we just send our best wishes along and we'll be watching and listening and staying right abreast of what happens.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing that matters is that Mamico and their child come out of this feeling well and healthy. So the Dodgers without show, Hey o Tani, but they're gonna still kick off a series and mob We're going to dive deeper into today's pitching matchup in our next segment. Yamamoto against the Grom. But all three days, the starters alone are worth the price of admission.
Speaker 7: And if we look at what the Rangers have done so far, they've supplemented some pretty good offense here and there, and they're leading the Western Division of the America League by two games over the Mariners. Has actually got under way today. A lot of that is on the arms of their pitching staff, both the starters and of the bullpend. The Dodgers have to figure out way to get on.
Speaker 6: Base, and the Rangers like the Dodgers and Dodger fans no they own Dodgers Stadium, LA ten and two at the Ravine. The Rangers have been excellent here at the place they called the Shed at Globalife Field, Texas. Nine to one at home to start twenty twenty five. All right, Tim, we're going to get it back to you again. Yoshinobu Yamamoto against Jacob de Gram. Sign us up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gonna be a great pitching matchup, great series in Texas. As we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza check in and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts More on showi Otani not being with the team back home away in the rival of his first baby.
Speaker 3: David bats joins us throughout.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but I'm next to your Otani rewind An. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Friday, first.
Speaker 3: Pitch, five oh five. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: Tim kase is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers, Yoshi Amamoto and Jacob de Gram the pitching matchout first pitch on Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas, set for five oh five.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Rewhyd when that game seven to two, Otani Hammers went.
Speaker 8: Deep pride Faield way up toward the pavilion and near the roof, it's gone show, Hey O'tani with a blast when the show starts early tonight for of the Dodgers, home run number six and that is the equalizer. It is one to one on six run.
Speaker 4: First and here's Otani for the second time in the Sunnate drives up.
Speaker 7: To right field.
Speaker 5: That's gonna get down for a hit.
Speaker 4: Barnes touches third, he will score and Otani drives in a run.
Speaker 7: It is seven to one.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani two for five on Wednesday night, he let off the bottom of the first with the solo home run, then singled in a run later in the same inning. It was two for two with two ribbies and a home run in the first inning alone. Dodgers was seven runs in the first. Go on and beat the Rockies Wednesday eight to seven.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Dah Kirson now joins us from Arlington. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. The big news kirston No show Hey Otani today.
Speaker 9: No show hair TONI. But that really exciting news with that, it's because he and his wife Aniko, they are welcoming their first child together. So Steve Roberts said he didn't know exactly when the new date is or kind of what exactly situation at the moment, but actually, so hey, he did not come on the road, typically did not fight a Texan see back in LA because he's too anytime here soon. So very exciting news that they lost on my first pile is going to be I mean, what more did you ask for?
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Congratulations to him and his wife. The other end roster moved for the Dodgers. Add in a little pitching depth.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I guess first I could start with with showhy going on fraternity list. That means that Eddie Rozario is here for that move. But on the pitching side, yes, Noah David, he has actually acquired in late March on the Red Sox, so we've been with OKAC. He has been activated today and that's what Bobby Miller, who these options after that game back in Locking so four. Noah Davis telling SPP is a Southern California.
Speaker 1: Kiss.
Speaker 9: He's very tited to be wearing Dodger blue. He is someone can get some links out of the bullpen, so that's probably the biggest thing, so if they need that. But Yo Chobo, especially today on the Mountains, he's been going deep in all of this game thus far. Picking it looks like six innings, so hopefully you can keep that going. But he has been excellent and he's got to fight the pitching matchup, that's for sure today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a tremendous pitching matchup with Jacob de Grom and Yoshinobu Yamamono Kirston. We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tech. We'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. David Batte goes one on one with Mookie Betts. But next your injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rangers. First pitcher of Arlington's coming up in five oh five. I'm Tim kase Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoons. It leads up to First Pitch Dodgers and Rangers Marogo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Yoshi Yamamoto and Jacob de Gram the pitching matchup in this series opener First Pitching Globe Life Field. This is coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Twelve players on the IL, one on the paternity list, and that is show Hey Otani, he is not with the team. David Vassi has got more on when he could be returning. Maybe on the rest of this road trip he'll join the Dodgers. Dv's got that coming up. Blake Snell on the il Tony Gonsolins and Triple A Oklahoma City as is Evan Phillips Clayton Kershaw last week, three shutout innings in a minor league rehab assignment. All right, let's head back out to Arlington and check out with the Dodgers skipper anything Dave?
Speaker 1: Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 1: Out with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: So show Hay is obviously he's on paternity. He and Mamico are expecting at some point, and so that's all I know.
Speaker 5: I don't know when he's going to come back.
Speaker 10: I don't know when they're going to have the baby, but obviously they're together in anticipation.
Speaker 11: With that first, that's very exciting news. But with that, you do have Eddie Rosario here, so I'm assuming that's going to be the move. So with this, you're just suspecting he could be with the team.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't know exactly.
Speaker 10: I probably should know how many days paternity is, but that was a corresponding mood to have Eddie here, and he's obviously in the lineup today, and you know, I'll see about tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Why the other night with you guys here and then went back?
Speaker 12: Or is there any chance that he comes this weekend, comes back to late this weekend.
Speaker 5: There's a chance there, Yes, there's chance.
Speaker 10: I don't know if it's I don't know what day, but there's certainly a chance, yes.
Speaker 5: For him, not at this time, maybe later.
Speaker 11: Yeah, did you read just the excitement on him? I mean obvious this is something very special for him to be welcoming their first child into the family.
Speaker 10: You know what, I really I heard about it, and I didn't really talk to him about it. So, you know, Lord willing they have a healthy birth and have a healthy baby, and then we'll talk more about it.
Speaker 5: But I didn't really get into it before.
Speaker 13: That was like apartmentalizer he is.
Speaker 11: That's what that's gonna have to come in handy now that you guys got to kidd home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is. He is a very good compartmentalizer. He loves his sleep.
Speaker 10: So that's gonna I'm gonna it'll be interesting to see, you know, how the sleep wins out or doesn't win out when you have a baby at the top.
Speaker 7: Of the order?
Speaker 11: Do you just plan the natural shift Mookie batting leadoff than Freddie Tayoscar?
Speaker 1: How do you see that kind of cheap?
Speaker 10: You know, I just sort of, you know, I left Mooki in the two, I put Tommy in the one and sort of just left everyone kind of in their respectable slots in the order.
Speaker 12: What's it like for you to come back to this stadium. I know you guys were here a couple of years ago, but do you still have the memories of the twenty every time that you come here.
Speaker 10: Actually being at the at the hotel is really interesting because during COVID where there was no one there, just the teams and spending a lot of time on the property is a great memory coming here, although being on the other side, we're on the home side. Just great being back here. Yes, absolutely a lot of good memories.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down to the dugout with his pregame thoughts. More coming up with David Vese when we return here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, coming up, Mooky Betts. That's coming up in about twenty five minutes. Got your magical moment, all lean you up the first pitch from Arlington Dodgers and Rangers. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the blue whole season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers Rangers, Yoshi Amamono and Jacob de Gram the pitching matchup. First pitch from Globelive Field in Arlington, coming up in five oh five.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits on Dodgers, I'm Tack. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, we heard from Dave Roberts, No show how Otani. What's the feeling you get as far as when he may rejoin this Dodgers team.
Speaker 12: Well, you just heard Dave Roberts. It sounds like there is an outside chance that Otani could return before the end of this series. You know, Otani's done really well in this ballpark, so obviously he and his wife are really excited to welcome him in their first child. But TONI loves baseball, and if everything goes well and smooth, I could see him. By the way Dave was talking returning to the team before the end of this series. And you know, interesting enough, Dave Roberts mentioned that Otani did not fly with the Dodgers to Texas. He must have known that this was imminent, and you know, obviously it's an exciting time for Otani, but certainly his life is about to change.
Speaker 5: For the better, no.
Speaker 7: Doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Damn is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like, its choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called f one fifty Dodgers taking on the Rangers, who have a couple of former Dodgers on their roster right now.
Speaker 12: Dv yeah World Series MVP, two time World Series champion Corey Seeger, who made Globe Live Field his home for a long time before he was a Ranger during that playoff run to help the Dodgers win the twenty World Series, and my understanding talking to Skip Schumacher, who is now an advisor with the Rangers front office, he said, the Dodgers are catching a red hot Corey Seger, and the buzz around baseball tim is if you look at even Baseball Savant, these advanced defensive metrics rank Corey Sieger the best defensive shortstop in all of Major League Baseball, and Schumacher told me the biggest reason why is because Seger has become one of the best at getting a great jump with his first step when he sees the ball hit, and that's why he's able to be in position to make great plays now. Jock Peterson in the first year of a two year contract with the Rangers, the polar opposite. He's off to a slow start here in Texas, just three for his first fifty with the Rangers. He's hitting sixty, so hopefully the Dodgers can keep him down.
Speaker 3: David, what's the latest with Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 12: He's here in Texas, obviously, he lives in nearby Highland Park. He threw a bullpen session and my understanding from those that were down there in the Dodger bullpen here at Globe Lie Field, they said he looks really good and that left foot that was giving him issues that required surgery is starting to turn the corner. He's gonna throw another rehab assignment and he can't return even if he felt good tomorrow. He's on the sixty day IL, so he's not even able to return until mid May.
Speaker 2: Well, got plenty of time to ramp up and get ready to help out this Dodger's team.
Speaker 3: Time now for the.
Speaker 2: Dodger Derby DV brought to you by Santa Anita Park celebrate ninety years of horse racing and Santa Anita, I mean Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. Don't miss the biggest Derby party west of Kentucky, Mother's Day dining and free Fridays with drink specials. Go to Santa Anita dot com slash Events. We are picking tomorrow's second race, seven furlongs on the dirt.
Speaker 3: It is currently a six horse race. Who do you like, David?
Speaker 12: Oh, since I am so sweet, I'm going with the number one horse, Valentine's Candy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna go to the number two horse, Trotsky, Trotsky, the two horse.
Speaker 3: Good luck to you, DV. We'll check back on the edge. Just a couple of you. Thank you, DV.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up here on Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got your Dodgers magical moment yes especial day in Dodger history with Vin Scully seventy five years ago. Today getting behind the microphone for the very first time with Red Barber.
Speaker 3: You got your Dodgers magical moment. Next Dodgers Rangers.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rangers on this Friday, Yoshiamamoto and Jacob de Grom.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot It's time for the Haffe Magical Moment, Bitch magicalic phone as by.
Speaker 3: Hawby Hot johns Well.
Speaker 2: Today's the seventy fifth anniversary of Vin Scully, the great Hall of Fame voice of the Dodgers, getting behind the microphone for the very first time with Red Barber on the radio calling Dodger baseball games. And here's Vin in his own words, talking about.
Speaker 14: That nineteen hundred and fifty in the spring, I was twenty two years old. My whole thought was, Dear God, help me survive each broadcast. One of the very first broadcasts was in Vero Beach against the then Philadelphia Athletics, and in the dressing room, sitting there exactly like his pictures would be of today, was Connie Mack. Connie Mack, Cornelius McGillicutty from eighteen hundred and sixty two or something like that. Now I go and I sit next to Red Barber and the game starts, and I remember vividly that the Dodgers pulled off a triple play and Red Barbera called it like that thing, bang bang, and I thought, oh my gosh, how could you ever be that smooth and that quick. So for a year, at least more than that, I mean, I was terrified. I was like a poor rookie who wasn't going up to the plate thinking I'm going to get a base hit. He was walking up to the plate thinking I hope I don't strike out. That's really how I broadcast, hoping that I wouldn't make some monumental mistake. And so that was the attitude. I never thought, well, I have a job next year, next month, tomorrow. No, I felt just lucky to be there.
Speaker 2: In all honesty, the great Vin Scully seventy five years ago today his first game calling Dodgers baseball. This Hafey magical moment brought to buy Hoffey hot Dogs haffe SOCW local treasure for nearly one hundred years offfee hot Dogs Local.
Speaker 3: And so great.
Speaker 2: Sit you here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll hear from Rick Monday and your prize picks. Double play of the Day, Dodgers Rangers. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rangers start of a three game set.
Speaker 2: Yoshi, I'm a Mono and Jacob de Grim the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 3: At five oh five, got him with the two for one hard.
Speaker 4: Shot to third, droves the second on the first double what double toll tas?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: And join me and millions of others playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app right now and sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly.
Speaker 3: After you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue.
Speaker 2: When you sign up at Prize Pick, it's so easy. You pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up two thousand times your cash. Whether it strikeouts RBI's first inning runs, you pick more or less at Prize Picks. Here are my two picks of this game, Yamamoto and de Grom combined less than a half a run in the first inning. I say less it's gonna be a pitcher's duel at least early on. Less than a half a run between Yamamoto and de Grom. Corey Sieger the Rangers. David Vasse mentioned it the hottest hitter right now for the Rangers. I'm gonna say more than a half a hit for Corey Seeger. More than a half a hit for Corey Seeger.
Speaker 3: All right, go to prize pick you use, go blue when you sign up and run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rickets the Dodgers second ty Field since they won the World Series here in twenty twenty. But obviously those memories seem to be flooding back.
Speaker 7: Well it is, and you can tell by just even before banning practice, the crowd as the busses were pulleding in, just looking at people walking to the stadium, you know, a few blocks away, wearing Dodger gear with different names on backs. And yeah, it does bring up some nice thoughts. There's no question about that. And for the Dodgers, nice thoughts recently coming off of the other sweep and now go on the road, and hopefully that's a sign of good things to come for this ball club because it is much more talented than that stretch that they were really in trouble getting out of their own the way for a while.
Speaker 12: Even in that three game sweep against the Rockies, did it feel like the Dodgers still didn't play their best exactly?
Speaker 7: Yeah, at least what we know as their best. You hear the term so many times about playing up to your competition, and the Dodgers may have played a little bit down to their competition. And I know that may anger some people and say, well that means you don't think the Rockies are very good. Well, the Rockies have not played well and they've got some issues that they've got to be able to figure out which direction they're going to go from a standpoint. But I don't know if they played down to the competition or what it was. But I think overall they walked away feeling good about themselves and being able to recover in a couple of come back and get some big base hits and really score opportunities in order to get some runs up on the board.
Speaker 12: It feels like this series has all the makings of maybe getting the Dodgers adrenaline and focus back to where it was when they began the season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think you've got to play at your best because if you look at it, I mean, the Rangers lead the American League Western Division. Action started today two games in front of Seattle. But they do it in a lot of different ways. Their pitching has really been good if we look at it so far. The other thing to think about, they're not afraid to run the bases, and they're going to try and force the issue if they can. Can they pick opportunities to put runners in the motion, aid to scaut of double play balls, and be to put pressure on the defense.
Speaker 12: This three game series has those headline type of starting pitching matchups. Yeah, I'm a moto, Rick, I don't know how you feel, but feels like he's pitching the best of anybody in the National League.
Speaker 7: David, I'm glad you brought that up, because Ya'm a moto. In my review of what he has done, he's making a statement. I mean, he's making a strong statement as to how good he is, and I think he can be even better than what we have seen because he's gaining confidence now and the hitters that he is being able to look at and face for the second and the third different time. He's got a lot of different dimensions. He's not the same guy this year in what we've seen in compared to terms till last year. Last year got the feeling, especially early this season, he was kind of feeling his way through. Now he is commanding his way through.
Speaker 12: Thanks Rake, We'll check in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to Burbank Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks lot, guys, start your future to California Community College. Dodger fans, financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and yes, sometimes even the red. It's time to take that next big step class. It's thinking phill up quickly, so enroll today and.
Speaker 3: I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 2: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with Steven Nelson and get you those keys to the game.
Speaker 2: But up next, don't go anywhere. David vat Stegos one on one with Mookie Bets Dodgers Rangers.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five oh five.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kason's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leaning up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Friday, Yoshi Immoo and Jacob de Gram the Vichi matchup. First pitch coming up at five oh five. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by our friends. It's zench hand crafted Sushi. No better time to go pick up some quick, affordable Zen.
Speaker 3: She hand crafted sus she made.
Speaker 2: Fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion tradition. You could taste it tune a roll, spicy Tune, salmon, Timpura shrimp. I love the mangy crunch ot crunchy dragon roll. They have poke bowls as well. They got it all. Find Zen sheet near the deli counter. Rouse Zen she hand crafted sushi, Always fast, fresh and.
Speaker 1: Easy and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This this high and tight all right.
Speaker 12: Globe Life Field is where the Rangers played, but the Dodgers made it their house in twenty twenty, and Mookie Betts won the World Series championship and owned Globe Life Field to help the Dodgers back then. And Mookie joins us on the opposite side of the dugout. I know you were here a couple of years ago, but what's the feelings coming back here again?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 15: I think every time I come into this park that situation in life, COVID and that month.
Speaker 13: That we spent here. I mean we were here for literally a month straight.
Speaker 15: You know, it just reminds you of obviously what we accomplished one of the World Series, but you know it's just something that in life, you know, go and stay in a hotel for a month and just life experiences that you know, you never you'll never forget.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 12: One thing that I always remember about that post season run. Obviously you had a big hit in Game six of the World Series, but those amazing catches and the emotion you showed in right field, just the defensive highlights to me stand out more than anything offensively you guys did.
Speaker 15: Yeah, as they always say in every sport defense wins championships. But yeah, that's that's one thing I definitely remember.
Speaker 13: I remember, you know, down in rightfle a lot.
Speaker 15: I know people can't see, but my wife was always down there every game with the kid, with my daughter at the time, and I remember just looking in between pitches, looking at her and uh, we were just kind of doing our little sign language through pretty much every game, and that was she kind of kept me calm, and you know, especially during those Wars series games because they were you know, we were going back and forth, and I mean it was just a lot, you know, in winning the World Series.
Speaker 13: It's hard to do. And I'll never forget her.
Speaker 15: Just standing and staying right there and me just looking at her between every pitch.
Speaker 12: Girl, Dad Rookie Debets is our guest here and that house that him, Seeger and Jock made famous.
Speaker 5: Mookie.
Speaker 12: Now you're playing shortstop. You put in so much work this offseason and continue to do so, where would you assess where you're at right now?
Speaker 13: I think I'm doing okay. You know, I've had a couple of errors early.
Speaker 15: You know, it's hard to say, you know, that's part of the game when I work so hard and whatnot, because I'm not really accepting of you know, that's part of the game, but at the end of the day, at the end of the day, it is, and so I need to be accepting of failures that happened.
Speaker 13: But you know, it's I genuinely.
Speaker 15: Love coming to work, like it's just coming to work and going to work as short like it's just actual fun for me, Like I would just wake up out of bed just to like how people go play golf.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's how I.
Speaker 15: Feel about coming to to to practice at shortstop. And so it's definitely, uh, I'm not saying a new era, a new light or whatnot, but different energy for me, and I truly loved it.
Speaker 13: It's been fun.
Speaker 15: It's hard, it's really hard, but yeah it's fun. I'm catching myself now during games asking Tommy in months, like, all right, what do I do here? Because some of these situations I've never been in, and so you know, just being in him, you know, have to kind of talk through it as you go because there's so many different things that kind of go on, and so, you know, it's been fun. I know I have a lot more experience to go, but it's been fun so far.
Speaker 12: I'm glad you brought up Tommy Edmund. How much does he help you because he seems to be one of the smartest, most underrated players on the field.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he is, I mean smartest, I mean one of the smartest obviously one of the most talented, whether you believe it or not, you know, he is, and you know, he's really been someone I can talk to.
Speaker 13: Is really easy to talk to because I.
Speaker 15: Can go ask him a dumb question and he's not gonna look at me and like, why.
Speaker 13: Did you ask me that?
Speaker 15: Or you're supposed to know that? Like he literally will just tell me if it's a pretty simple answer, he just says it simply. He doesn't try and be a little near or and nobody does. But definitely Tommy, you know, he just he's really easy for me to talk to and ask those those questions that I probably should know as a major league shortstop, but I don't because I haven't been And so you know, he's he's definitely been there for me the whole time, I mean, hitting building everything.
Speaker 13: You know, he's he's he's awesome, so is Mookie Bets.
Speaker 12: You're an easy gutta root for. La loves you and man, you are doing something that no major league player has ever done, and it feels like you're doing it better than.
Speaker 5: Most could even come close to.
Speaker 12: So I need to buy one of these necklaces you're selling online.
Speaker 13: By I got you. I'll make sure I bring one. You're you're a part of the La squad. Oh, I love make sure I bring you one. We'll get back home.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 12: Mookie, thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you with the people in LA. And this is the house the Dodgers built, make no mistake about it.
Speaker 13: You better know it.
Speaker 5: You better know it. Thank you.
Speaker 12: Bess there he is my guy, Mookie Bets one of the best on and off the We'll send it back to.
Speaker 7: You all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcasts. Good time to pick up some Shaky's. Enjoy some Dodgers baseball as we're getting close to first pitch. When it's game day, it's a group day Shaky's dot Com, I'm next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: It's a good one, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long lead you up to Dodgers and Rangers started a three game cent from Arlington. First pitch from Globe Live Field Center for five O five and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchupresented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Jacob to Grama on the Mountain, thirty six year old right hander four thirty E r Raates twelve season, the Big League's second season pitching for the Rangers. He's been here a couple of years, though he missed half of twenty twenty three and most of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: It's Hommi John Surgery.
Speaker 2: Four time All Star, three times rate that, two times sit an award winner, two time National League strikeout leader with the Mets, making his fourth start this year. Last time out, four innings, three runs, three hits, four strikeouts and a no decision against the Mariners. He's facing the Dodgers for the twelfth time in his career, first time as a Ranger. He is one in four with a two seventy one ERA, sixty nine strikeouts, but a one to eighty nine opponent's batting average. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers, two and one with a one twenty three RRA.
Speaker 3: His one twenty three ERA currently ranks fourth in the major leagues.
Speaker 2: His batting average against is top ten in Major League Baseball, and he is top ten also in the National League with twenty eight strikeouts. Making his fifth start this season is Yoshinobu Yama Moto. Last time out, six shutout innings, two hits, nine strikeouts in a win over the Cubs. This is his first time facing the Texas Rangers. Yoshinovo Yamamoto on the mound. Jacob deGrom going for the Rangers. Great pitching matchup in this series opener. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch coming out next the Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 2: It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers start up at three game set Rangers first place to Tom f the Al West Dodgers in a fight in the NL West. Yoshinovo Yamamoto, Jacob de Grom. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five oh five. Before that, let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys appreciated Tim.
Speaker 6: Another chance to yapp with Rick Mundy here before this series kicks off a five game road trip, only two games in Chicago against It comes with three here against the Rangers. And again, in case anybody missed it, I doubt you have it. At this point, shohy Oltani and his wife Momiko are expecting their first child any day, and so we are sending our well wishes to the old Tani family and their family and loved ones as they await that bundle of joy that will assuredly change their lives for the better. And so now the Dodgers will have to play some baseball games, or at least a game without their reigning MVP.
Speaker 7: And they're going to have a josh Obo Yamamoto on the mountains tonight and the fifth start for the Dodger righthander. One thing he's really done, first of all, low banning average against just one seventy one, even lower than that when the other team is threatening to score some runs, runners in scoring positions just one sixty seven. So we'll find out what that's going to be entailing into night's ball game. And on our flip side, the Dodgers have to figure out Jacob de Grom, who came on just brilliant in the early parts of his career, but if you look at the last four or five, it's been difficult to stay healthy.
Speaker 6: On the other side, Jacob de Gram, as you just mentioned, oddly enough in their careers, Otani and the Gram had never faced off, and so that's an odd trend that will continue with Showhy being down for this game. But I want to hone in on Yoshinobu Yamamodo. I know that's somebody that David Vessey wants to talk to you about when he gets his turn to chat with you.
Speaker 7: Pregame.
Speaker 6: But really what we've seen this year mo is his continued ascent into the upper echelon among Major League Baseball's best starting pitchers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he does it not just with that splitter. Oh, it plays large in his game, but what gets overlooked sometimes not by hitters, especially if they're walking back to the dug guy is an elevated basketball with some very good velocity on top of that. So he combines really some power pitching with that splitter and also the slider too, So he is multiple multiple dimensions of what he can really present to the hitters.
Speaker 6: You talk about multiple dimensions. We saw a little bit more of that from the Dodger offense against the Rockies. Yes, against the Rockies, but they were less home run re line in that series against Colorado to really get the unit clicking as they hit the role. They've got at least ten hits in three straight games. They're going to try and continue that trend. Brand at the assignment a lot tougher Jacob de Gram who throw out the first pitch in a matter of moments.
Speaker 7: Tim, we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, the Big News show hel Tani not with the Dodgers back home in southern California and his wife expecting a baby this weekend. Not sure when he will rejoin the team. In his place, Eddie Rosario will be the designated hitter, called up from Triple A Oklahoma City Hill bat eighth as the DH Tommy Edmunds slides into the leadoff spot at second bage Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, Taskar Hernandez typical two, three, four, Michael Flfordo, Will Smith, Max Munsey, Eddie Rosario, Andy Pajez. Filling out your Dodgers lineup Yoshinovo Yamamoto and Jacob de Gram. The pitching matchup, buckle up should be a good one. Great pitching matchup, great offensive hitting teams about to go at it. The start of a three game set from ten Dodgers and Rangers. First pitches, next and joined everybody, I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 3: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio know it.