Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham the Great America and welcome to someone ran the afternoon the tri State this Monday afternoon. Thank god Reds Baseball is off, but back out of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday against the Chicago White Sox, the favorite team of Leo the fourteenth. There's fourteen again is the Chicago White Sox. In fact, I've you had some time google Pope Leo at the White Sox game and Fox Sports during a cutaway in between pitches in twenty oh five when the White Sox were beating up on the Houston Astronomicals. At that point they were in the National League, and they had a cutout in which they had Pope Leo the fourteenth in the stands cheering on the White Sox. This is twenty years ago, sitting next to his brother and his nephew. But until then, Jonah, you and I now is Senator John Eustad of the Great State of Ohio and Senator Houstead. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we talk about drug pricing and tariffs, tariffs and trade and Ukraine, Gaza, Indian Pakistan, give me your comments on Leo the fourteenth, who's a fan of the Chicago White Sox and also an Eagles fan. The White Sox win the World Series, the Eagles win the Super Bowl. What's your comments about the Pope?
Speaker 2: We love the Pope, don't we. You know, Hey, I saw something the other day. I thought this was hilarious. Is typical Chicago. They said, you know, we had Walter Payton, they had Michael Jordan, they have Oprah Winfrey, Mike Dickka. Now god, all from Chicago. So it was it's unbelievable. Yeah, that's that's Chicago, man, right there.
Speaker 1: We have coming to America. We have the Olympics, we have the World Cup, we have the Pope, and we got Donald Trump. Those are the foreheads of.
Speaker 2: Golden Age, the Golden age of America.
Speaker 1: And I'm watching this and I watched the Trump so this morning about drug costs, etc. So Senator to you said, I think there was some reporting that you were with the President and the White House on Friday discussing this issue with him. First of all, can you explain the problem why we pay so much more than any country in the world and what the Trump star is going.
Speaker 2: To do about it? Yeah, quickly, I was at the White House on Friday, because the President signed my first bill into law, which is a regulatory repeal of biden error regulations on household appliances, trying to we wanted to drive down the cost, give more consumer choice. So I was there for that and he said, well, what do you think about the prescription drug issue? And I said, he said, he said, we need most Favored Nation status. We need to pay the best prices that these drug companies are given other countries, because we're subsidizing the rest of the world. And well, that's absolutely right. American taxpayers, American consumers have been paying astronomically higher prices on prescription drugs than the rest of the world. And he's trying to bring it into that, by the way, not to give America a better deal, just to give America a fair deal, the same prices that everybody else is paying.
Speaker 1: Tony Bender wants to know, why do we pay five, six, seven times more than any other country. We're not talking about Africa, We're not talking about subse Ara. We're talking about Germany, England, France, Italy, talking about South Korea, China. How come we pay so much?
Speaker 2: There's no good reason. They will suggest that the drug companies will suggest. I read them this morning that they said, well, it's because we have to pay for the R and D. Well, the R and D should be paid for by everyone. Spread it across the whole globe. Give Americans a fair price on these drugs. I want to continue to support research and development, but it shouldn't be completely on the backs of the American consumer.
Speaker 1: Now, at some point to five or six drug companies there's stocks this money afternoon are quite a bit down because they recover all their expenses from the American consumer and then they pass on the same drugs in the same formula and the same packaging all around the world at little or no expense. And it's one thing. If it's in the middle of Africa that poor, those people need help, but not the EU. There's twenty nine nations in the EU that negotiate the price they pay for all these miracle drugs that we create, and it's lower, lower and lower. And the big farmer can get away with it because they think the puts the American consumer will pay out landings prices for pharmaceuticals. And then you've got Medicare, Medicaid also, and the President said this morning he's going to tell the congressional leaders has scored differently the prescriptive drug expenses paid for by Medicare and Medicaid. Now, this may take three to six months. But for those that are somewhat shall we say, not involved in this or are thinking about other issues like do we have enough Barbie dolls? I mean, if you're a six year old girl of Barbie dolls important from China. I guess this is a national policy on drug costs with what the real confidence do you think this is going to work?
Speaker 2: Well? I think that you know President's trend and executive order. If you recall in the past, drug companies have sued him when he tried this is his first term, and we're successful at stopping him from doing it. But it's look, it's an example of leadership calling to attention and America first policy. Again, he's talking about giving America as good of a deal as Canada and Germany. You know, not about as you said, sub Saharan Africa. It's not about the lowest price. This is just this is actually we want to pay the highest price that everybody else pays. That's not exactly a radical, crazy move by the president. It is. It is a common sense move by the President to say American consumers and taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook for R and D for drug companies around the globe. And we're going to see a lot of pushback from from the companies in the court. But look, this is it's time that we healthcare inflation is the highest of any sector of the economy in the twenty first century, and we've got to start pushing back on it. That's what these conversations about medicaid have been about. How are we going to control the prices that are un consumer and taxpayer.
Speaker 1: No, we can't keep doing this. Since twenty nineteen, uh, the cost of medical care to the federal government's gone up forty percent, and the last five years forty percent. Do that another five years another forty percent. Hell, we're out of business. Let's talk about the big bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, thirty seven trillion dollar national debt. We're paying over a trillion dollars a year in interest payments on it. It's not sustainable. America needs to stop, you know, financing the rest of the world. We need to be treated fairly and we need to not pass on this debt to future generations. That's generational theft bill and we shouldn't stand for it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the big beautiful bill in a moment. What about the China situation, The President said this morning he has an agreement from the communist red Chinese to quit killing about one hundred thousand Americans every year through the precursors defense Noel itself. They're also to quit ripping us off. Our products can't get there, but their products get here. What's the key parts of the agreement? Now, I suppose with communists right China, who I trust as far as I can throw them on the tariff relief in order to let our products go into China and Chinese products have to pay a price to come into America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have not had a chance to go through all the details yet. Basically, there's a sort of a ninety day pause to continue to work on some of these agreements. I think the top tariff rates now going to be thirty percent for Chinese products coming into America. I think it's ten percent for American products going into China. But this has been a long time in commune, since China entered the World Trade Organization in two thousand and one. They've been ripping off not only America but the rest of the world through unfair trade practices and stealing our technology and American businesses. When I visit with the bill, they say, yes, if you don't stand up for US federal government, who will Because we have no recourse in the Chinese courts the way that a Chinese company would in the American courts. They steal our stuff, we can't do anything about it. And President Trump has come in and said, hey, we're not going to tolerate it anymore. No president before him was willing to stand up to them, and it's time that we get this accomplished on behalf of the American consumer and taxpayer.
Speaker 1: In the Senator used.
Speaker 2: To the American business for that man.
Speaker 1: American business. I watched the performances of Canadian Kevin o'larry from Shark Tank about the amount of theft by the communist red Chinese of American ideas, American personnel, American it. The theft absolutely happening, and there's no recourse. Somebody can't go to a court in Beijing and sue for theft of IP etc. But in America they're buying up farm land all around our air force bases. It's got to stop. And I think one thing, Senator is the communist red Chinese and the Russians and the North Koreans would like to run out the clock. They're kind of hoping that the next president is going to be a Pritzer and they're just waiting to all right, quiet down, the American people are gonna have mid term elections.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The Chinese don't worry about mid term elections. Are you worried about the idea between the media and the democratic establishment and the Congress and minority leaders in both being Democrats, that they're gonna The Chinese might say, let's run out the clock and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're making an excellent point right there. There's no doubt that China doesn't have to respond to an electorate. They can take as long as they want to negotiate. They can drag this out. This has been one of the problems that that American presidents have had in negotiating with these dictators in authoritarian governments is that they can be there as long as they want. They don't have to cut a deal. We have to be answerable as public officials to the American public, and and that happens every two in four years. So we've you know, we've got to we've got to go quickly. That's why I think President's seeing a sense of urgency on this. I want to say just a couple of quick stories. I'll use this one example. There was a there was a guy in Dover, Ohio who said, Hey, I wanted to sell my products to Asia that I wanted to sell. I'm selling them, I'm making them in America, but I wanted to sell into Asia, and I had to produce it in Asia. China had me produce it there, Uh, to sell into China. And then the next thing, I know, a product that's exactly like mine has been copied and it's being selled and sold in China and across Asia. He says, I have no recourse. They just stole my product and now they're making it there. Somebody needs to stand up for me. That's the kind of stuff that this is about protecting American businesses. UH, standing up to the bullies who basically China has said, hey, we're gonna we're gonna give we want access to your markets. We're not going to give you access to our markets. We're going to steal your technology when we can uh, and it's got to stop. And you're right, we can't let him run out the clock, though, We've got to be forceful and get this done quickly.
Speaker 1: Senator, this is an important point that I think that Trump's to address this morning. I had a friend of mine who developed a new way to put water into a mop and it was I forget the name of the product. Six or seven years ago. He was able to make this product in America for about twenty two dollars a mop and sell it for forty nine to ninety five at Target and some of the other stores, and Chinese came to him. Instead of you spending twenty two dollars, how about you spending two dollars and we'll produce the mop for two dollars and you still sell it for forty nine to ninety five, and we will finance a lot of your activities. My friend said, you know what, that's a great idea. Instead of producing it here at ten times the expense, I'll produce it in China and then one day after about six months, and then producing it China went directly to the customers of my friend to sell them the mop and it got my buddy out of the business completely, had a foul bankruptcy. They stole the intellectual property. There was no way that he could go to a Chinese court for redress. And that's a small example what the communist red Chinese are doing. And they do it to millions of products every day. The undercut the market, capture it and then raise up the price to benefit them and not us. Is that a good example.
Speaker 2: That is a perfect example, and it's unfortunately it's not a rare example. This happens to people with ideas and manufacture, small business owners. It has for twenty five years. It's time for it to stop.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about the big beautiful bill that's going to hopefully be passed. I know even John Fetterman has a few lucid moments recently. Tell the American people. Senator John houstaid, what's the two or three elements and the big beautiful bill that you're going to vote for?
Speaker 2: I hope, Well, I'm hopeful that we're going to get it done. And why do we need to get it done? Because it'll be over a four trillion dollar tax increase on the American public. If we don't get it done, that's number one. Number two, I'm hopeful that we're going to restore some fiscal sanity to the spending problem that America has and begin to move toward a more balanced budget. And then I hope to do some good thing for Ohio in there, like changing the way that our welfare system works to require people to work in exchange for public benefits. I hope that we can end sugary snacks and drinks in our SNAP program that's leading to obesity and higher health care costs, particularly among the people who can lease afford it. So those are the things that we need to do in the big beautiful bill that I hope we can get past and on the President's desk sometime soon.
Speaker 1: What if you don't, But what if somehow the red Republican congressman went more salt state and local taxes deductions. What if other Republicans say, well, we're not going to increase the deficit borrowing by another five trillion dollars. There's reasons to do it. You have a very thin majority in both chambers. What happens to the taxpayer if it isn't passed.
Speaker 2: The taxes will go up on the American taxpayer by four trillion dollars. That's why I think it'll get done. Look, there will be plenty of things in this bill I won't like, but you know that you've got to look at the big you know, the big picture here. Is there going to be a lot more in it that I liked and not like? Yes, of course there will be. We can't let taxes go up on the American taxpayer by four trillion dollars. We can't make American business less competitive, we can't tax working families more. And so that's why we got to get it done. And people will grumble and mumble, and they'll complain about this or that and the other thing. But in the end, you got to get the job done. And that means sometimes you're going to have to swallow some vinegar with your wine.
Speaker 1: Are you endorsing on different matter? Are you endorsing viveg Ramaswami for governor? You might know that on Friday you received one hundred percent of the vote of the Ohio Republican Executive Committee as an endorsement, and so did viveg Ramaswami. I think got ninety five percent of the votes. Are you now going to support foreg Ramaswami.
Speaker 2: The BAK and I have been working together very closely. I look forward to running on the same ticket with him. I want him to be very successful, and I'm sure that over the course of the next few months we'll have some things to team up on and talk to the Ohio voters about. So I'm excited to be on the same ticket with him, hopefully driving for more Republican victories in twenty twenty six to keep this state on track, and to also make you know, make sure that Donald Trump has a Republican team to work with as we had beyond the twenty twenty sixth elections.
Speaker 1: And last, Lady Senator John Houstead of the Great State of Ohio. Do you see this as a rebuke to Governor Mike DeWine, who told his own executive committee not to do this because his looks on take no explainers.
Speaker 2: Look a people, this is we have disagreements. When you are part of the majority, it's hard to keep everybody at the same page. I would say a majority is made up of many voices. If we want to be a minority, we can all get along and never disagree. But if we want to be in a majority. Sometimes we will disagree, but in the end we will come together, we will unite, and we will win in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: All right, once again, the junior center from Ohio is Senator John Houston. I'm glad you're with the President on Friday because we can have to stop bearing all the costs of prescriptive drugs and give it, give it away to the rest of the world, and Trumpster can get it done. Once again, Senator John Houston, welcome, Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Bill Cunningham Show, and John, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Thanks Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more coming up my comments about the new Pope and also about the big beautiful Bill, and also the fact that if you buy prescriptive drugs and great pharmacies like Adrian Pharmacy, the best in Madeira, that somehow in the future you may pay less if the Democratic Party and the court system allow it. Bill cunning m NewsRadio seven hundred WW