Speaker 1: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Why you should enjoy the rest of today. In a second.
Speaker 1: Quick weekend headlines, I'm gonna run these through. We're not gonna do any of these stories. You guys ready, I'm excited. Airborne car crashes into Oak Cliff home. Neighbors say it's not the first time. Man arrested after attacking mother with machete. Grand jury decides not to charge Dallas neurologist in child sex assault case. Street racing sincecarrent to oncoming traffic killing driver in Dallas and Great Vine Deelli owner was New Pope's schoolmate.
Speaker 2: Ay, I want to know more about all of those stories.
Speaker 1: I wanted to comment on all of them, But what we really need to get to you guys, get your shorts ready for the summer. Eugh pants season is over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going with real tiny little jogging shorts whole summer long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna wear a speedo and tuck my shirt into it. Wait, why are you lying? As long as it's not up here in the office, saying I am doing it in the office. I'm gonna it's gonna be a corporate speedo. Yeah, I haven't read the part in the handbookhere it says you can't wear I thought we had speedo Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should not do that on the day when there's actually people in the office.
Speaker 3: I thought we were doing that on that thing where we all went on a pedal ride.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Monday Friday, you can get through with the speed the office around here.
Speaker 2: Wednesday would be a bad plan. Okay, gotcha. Uh, when's the last time you were speed o, Katie. I don't think I ever have, you know, very liberating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't worn one since I was in competitive swimming.
Speaker 1: I you know what, I take it back. You just remind me when I did powerlifting. You know, Christina, you're in you're in love with uh?
Speaker 2: You know? Dallas Observer radio host of the Year. Mike's Roy twenty legend A hero. Love everything about him. But what if everything about him was exactly the same. But anytime he went swimming he wore like a straight up thong speed up and everything else was normal. But he liked to do that and he would never change would you still be in love with him? Absolutely? And we don't really go swimming that much, so it's time. I thought, what if he wanted to go swimming at a public pool every Saturday and flash his cheeks?
Speaker 1: That's totally fine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what if he got real into working out and wore a speedo unitard every time? I don't know if we're allowed to say that anymore. Every time that he would go lift.
Speaker 2: Ways, I wouldn't be there watching him. So sure, what if he insisted on you going there to watch him and spot him?
Speaker 3: Have time for that, and and we're a matching one.
Speaker 2: I think we have other stories to get to, right. The high on Wednesday is going to be one hundred.
Speaker 1: One and some some I'm not going I'm not going anywhere ninety six tomorrow on on Wednesday, ninety five, Thursday, ninety four, Friday. Get this though next week all in the upper eighties, which we will take, but still.
Speaker 2: It's still not seventies. Like now. This is the time of the year where we're tricked into thinking, wow, this is a really nice place to live, like you know, the and then it starts getting so unbelievably hot that you're like, why why do we live here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, you'll go into the bathroom and you'll find that your scroat is melted off.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. We get sixty days in the spring.
Speaker 1: I feel like we get about ninety to one hundred days in the fall.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, ends up. I mean, give or take depending on the year.
Speaker 1: About half the days are pretty nice around here, and you know, it's interesting. Then half the time it's pretty nasty.
Speaker 3: Talking to someone from Chicago and they're like, there's five months a year that I don't understand why I'm alive. Like he gets so brutally cold and the wind comes off that water and it's like negative ten degree wind chill, and they're just like, I don't know why I live here. And we're the same, but we're just about three and a half to four months in the summer for the.
Speaker 1: Heat and the other way I think I'd like to say, though, is that it's all changing a little bit and becoming a little more muddled. And yes, it is because of global warming and climate change. If everyone's afraid to say that.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Our good friend Travis Frederck, who lives north of Chicago, I think he lives in the southern tip of Wisconsin. And I remember him last winter going, Jesus, you are having a worse winter than we are. It's really nice up here as we're dealing with like frigid temperatures in the winter time, and he's like, oh yeah, we haven't got snow yet.
Speaker 2: You guys, get found it. It is weird that he lives in just the tip Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's why do they so aggressive?
Speaker 2: Insisted on moving there too, and all there to be a dairy, unbelie. That's good. That's a good report. Yeah, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Uh wait, do you have any suggestions for combating the heat deodorant?
Speaker 2: Yep? All right, where are you gonna take us in the big finish KT
Speaker 1: Well, something big is happening, potentially for the Dallas Mavericks, and about twenty five minutes we'll tell you what it is next