Speaker 1: And we're back. So this is some stuff that you guys have covered a little bit of. But so it's kind of like a whole bunch of rumors together. So, uh, this is from the B tier, it's from Danny Rickman, and then there's S tier stuff. So let me get down to my notes here. So okay, so we kind of figured this, I think cause the rumors, but it's looking to cast the main people from twenties to thirties. As far as the main members go. It's not the set to be an origin story, so it's gonna be something that picks up. They're already team, they're working together, and it's releasing after Secret Wars. Now, they didn't specify if it was like like if that's like a yeah, no doubt's gonna after Secret Wars, or if it's like literally the year or so after Secret Wars, because there's been other scoopers that have put out that it is going to be, like it could even be filming by time Secret Wars is coming out, Like there's been some people that have speculated that that might be the first movie of like the New Song or whatever. It is like a way to kick it off. Big is like Hey, you have Secret Wars instead of last time, which was like what was our was it we had? Was our first movie after Endgame? I guess it was Far from Home. I'm not going to count that because it was Spider Man. What happened after Let's see because that was Phase four, right, I believe, so Phase four MC the first movie was.
Speaker 2: Thor, Love and Thunder.
Speaker 1: Is that too late?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so let's see. Uh first movie it was Black Widow, so it would know a home in the first movie. So I think they might go and go, hey, we want to start off hot. We want to get people back in the door. People hopefully love your Wars. Boom. Here's X Men said some of the rumors. Now, you guys have talked about some of the casting, which I will talk about. But here's some stuff as far as if these rumors are true. Now these are more ce tier stuff, but so far we're looking at a roster of Jean Gray, Cyclops, Kitty Pride, Gambit, and Storm. You guys had talked about the Storm and Gene kind of rumors. There's no other rumors for them right now. Hunter Schaeffer, who I'm not sure I know you saw the Hunger Games. You never saw euphoria, right, No, not yet? Yeah, Okay, so she's rumored for a mystique. I don't really believe that rumor. I feel like it's a scooper because she's a very popular transactress saying like, oh, she's gonna play the character that is like, you know, always switching different sexes and different things like that. Don't get me wrong, I would love that for two reasons. One love Hunter Shaffer, she's a fantastic actress. Can't wait to see you in the Blade Runner show. And then two I think that is cool, like a cool concept. And then I guess three is I would love because we've talked about this before. When is one of these big franchisees gonna put you know, a transactor somewhere in a big role and be like, actually we're doing this and not just like, well there's a side character we could actually edit out. But she's also talked about how she doesn't want to do roles that really just is about being transed. She wants to go further out. So that's why I don't believe it. But Terror, what do you think about the roster? What do you think about not being an origin story of just picking up there just being a team, so that all we has to do with like secret wars, merging some universes, because if they were in the six one six, it feels very odd if there's no origin story. She's like, hey, here's the X Men. They've been around and uh, now here's the team. Like something has to happen to make that happen. So do you feel about just picking up with a team, and how do you feel about the roster so far? Officer could be born. But if these are the people that are casting, is Jean, Scott, Gambit, Kittie and Storm. Are you happy with that? Five? Is that a good starting lineup?
Speaker 2: I'm very happy with that that starting lineup. I don't necessarily like the idea of it already being like, hey, we're a team already.
Speaker 1: Well no, actually I take that.
Speaker 2: Back, because I was thinking, you need to have Adamantium and Wolverine already and YadA YadA yeadha, but you don't the Wolverine can? I mean, judging by this, he comes later after the Adamantiums discovered everything like that, So the X Men could be a team that's already formed. I remember how there was the whole Miss Marvel thing where it's like, oh, you're you're a mutant or whatever. It's just activated, you're mutant genes and you get that no theme that played. So there's a few things that make me wonder if we're just kind of.
Speaker 1: Out of She has nothing to do with the X Men at all, you know why they even do that.
Speaker 2: But they were playing it just I think with the fact that Okay, people are starting to develop their mute genes.
Speaker 1: Now, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if they're young, they're within that certain age bracket. I think it's just a thing where okay, maybe back to that old thing where people snap back and they started to mutat her they have mut jeans.
Speaker 1: The old thing. It's like that was twenty nineteen and we're like, people, you're still trying to rock that therapy. Maybe the snap did something. I really don't think that. I think it's I don't think any of this makes sense because to me, it's like they're tum about adamantium. But it's like, so that means the let's say there is no reboot or anything like that. No reset, so there's gonna be no wolf like Wolverine wouldn't exist the way he is, right, Like it'd be like in it's supposed to be like, oh, he was born immune and he's he's been around for all these years, and then he gets to adam Antian. It's like he's just gonna get the adam anti in twenty twenty five. Like it's kind of odd, right, Like that's where I feel like that's true. I don't know what they're doing with Captain America. We're we're gonna see it in a couple of weeks, but I don't know what they're doing with that. So that's why I do think there will be a reset, And I think there's chances of like I know what sucks for some peel but like if Captain America Bradey world Bomb, I could see them being well, and here's Steve Rodgers and it's a new actor playing Steve Rodgers, So I don't know about that. Let's see here, World's Biggest Keek says. I feel like with X Men, the only one that's gonna be hard to replace is Professor X. And perhaps she has done a phenomenal job as his character, but I wonder who can replace him. I could agree with you but it's tough at the same time because like it did happen already once in Dunes Backvoy did a great job now of so you can say, like I prefer star it, but it's not like, uh, like anybody can get replaced, right, is Hugh Jackman fantastic and I think it's the greatest combo casting of all time. Yes, But like I'm sure there's somebody out there that could play a great Wolverine, right, So if macavoy came in and shipped the better, I go, oh, yeah, I don't know it's Stuart, but like, I think there's somebody out there that can be a great Professor X So who knows. We'll have to see, but we haven't heard those rumors. Again. I'm still personally hoping that the that Magneto would be on the hero side. I do really like the roster of these five, like Scott and Gene to me, like, I honestly I know they're not the originals because they've been on so many iterations of the team. I feel like Scott, Jean and Storm are just kind of essential to the X Men now, you know, like some people might say Wolverine as well, and I could agree with that, but I still think I'm on board with not having Wolverine for a while. I think those three are essential. Kitty Prie is a character that's not gone enough love. You know, obviously they were in the previous films, but only when Elliott Page played them like there was some shine on that care right. And then Gambit to me, Gambit's what gets me very excited because Gambit has also been unlike underrepresented upper under represented. No, I'm fucking that word a big time. He's not been around as much as I would have liked. You know, he was in X Men Origins Wolverine and that was fine, you know, like I think Taylor Kitchen did all right with it, and then dead Pool Wolverene awfully Channing, gain Channing, Gainum Channing, Tatum stole the show, right, was fantastic created you know, one of the biggest memes last year. Oh we got it somewhere, don't we? What the hell? Why do we got caddy money in these? We got so much stuff in here that's so random? But like, you know, how long I've been waiting for this? Who am I about to make our name for myself?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Great moment, Great see great characters, but I don't want that going forward for gamber right, I think the ten pole or the template is off c X Men ninety seven, which we've heard like a lot of the from that series gonna care over live action. But look at episode five the new series for rex Men and what they did with Gambit there. That's the templane Gambit to me is I think it is my I don't care Magneio next Men all the time. He'd be my favorite X Men, probably right after Wolverine. So I think having Gambit there is tons of fun. And then what I I don't know where Magneto fits into it. And the Hunter Shaffer has mystique thing that could just be a ploy to, you know, just get clicks. But if it was true, I would love it if we had like a team of those five mystique because Hunter Shaffer's in that twenty to thirty age group, and if we had Magneto. And the other thing is like it's curious of they don't have Rogue in this lineup so far. Maybe she's coming, but I would love it the same way they do in the comic books. And Taylor, you saw a bit of this in the animated series. I would love it if Rogue start on the villain the side, and that's how we get her on the team, is we start with Gambu but they fight like and remember she has a connect to Mystique, right, So the fact if Mystique is being cast for this movie and Rogue is not on the team, to me, that lens there that I would love to see Rogue on the bad person's side and then kind of see that transition over because I think we've heard obviously the rumors of mister Sinister, but you can add more stuff there. Even God, am I remembering it wrong? Is it didn't Rogue end up helping mister Sinister at one point in the Anide series because he did something or kidnapped something I can't remember. I felt like there was something there.
Speaker 2: Maybe I just remember him or Magneto in her having a thing.
Speaker 1: Well of course you remember that, but uh yeah, So no, I really like the roster. I like that it's no original to start with the team. Just go Exavier, maybe make Needle. We'll see. Like I said, I'm hoping make Needles on the team, but I could also see them not doing Make Needle for a while. And then yes, in the casting. I'm so far there's been the Cyclops casting to the rumors have been you only know two people out of the three, so the let me get their name. There's Brendan Thwaite, who he was Robin Slash night Wing on Titans and he was also in that last Pirates movie. He's Will Turner's son, gotcha, So he's someone in the running. There's Jack Champion. Do you remember who Jack Champion is?
Speaker 2: Let's take a look.
Speaker 1: Let's see if you look off the picture and remember who he is. He was an avatar. Yeah, he was the great character Spider sets rumor. And then this guy you've not seen. I just saw a baby girl last week. Finally I'll talk about that and the next time we do what we've been watching. But Harrison Harris Dickinson. I think it's yeah, Harris Dickinson. I just thought of the fucking Christopher Walking skin SNL because I think his name is the great Bruce Dickinson, That's what it is. But Harris Dickinson, that's my pick. I love that room.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I've seen him in a few things saying two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he's someone that's in like the short listen in the Sea Tears. He's my favorite so far. I would very much like that, so I'm hoping that happens. And then for the other ones that I had missed, I think Sadie sink as great as Gene the Ao at a Barry one. I was surprised you and Dill and we're very puzzible. I'll see you guys some Bear fans. That's fine, But I uh, I don't really like that casting at all. I don't see I don't see that at all. Now, granted, she's a great actress. She does have some serious parts in The Bear, so maybe she can do it. I just think that I'm not trying to be mean. I think Storm has to have a certain aura about her as far as just like uh like almost like a god ass like bigger, larger than life. And I don't know if Ao has that. In my opinion, that that's the thing where I just I don't see it. And it is tough because like, the one I want is Jodie Turner Smith the guy, the girl that she was in actli as one of the mothers. I've been watching in the agency. But the problem is if you're going this cast twenties and thirties. You do have to go someone younger, so it's gonna be tough. You gotta find a very powerful actress. So again these are just rumors. We're gonna go through a bunch of names the next couple of years. But as far as roster, really liked that, and even if it's just at five and Professor X like that, to me is a really fun roster And I can't wait to see who they gets. Gambit, please get awesome, Butler, I know they probably won't. They'll get someone smaller, but we will see