Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast. If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn. With your host Corey Winfield, you.
Speaker 2: Know how you know fish as bad as you can't put it on pizza.
Speaker 1: And special guests Corey Smoker.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear the hero over here, but then I know what you're skipping down the street over there doing, you know.
Speaker 4: And Mitchell O'Brien, I think to introduce people who should tell them a little bit about a little bit about ourselves. Got your ass?
Speaker 2: It is the thirteenth of September twenty twenty four. My names Cory Winfield, and I'm Corey Smoker.
Speaker 3: And I'm Mitchell O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Got your ass? Yeah. If people are listening for the first time, we're probably like, what is what is this again? They're talking about pizza and all kinds of stuff. Got both your asses? Yeah, everybody's asses. No, We're a recovery podcast. I started back in twenty nineteen and I was in sober living and I was on the radio for quite a while of my life, and it was something that I needed to do to kind of do something, and it was very free for me to do a podcast and say I'm a person in recovery. That's first something I've ever really done that. Before I would go to meetings w com kory i'm an alcoholic. But when I changed that mindset of it, it really kind of did change it all. And by starting a podcast and telling all eight people that listen, I'm in recovery, it was free. I had hidden it for so long and I was so ashamed of telling people that I had a problem with alcohol. Everybody likes to be in control of it. Everybody likes to have that everything in their life just everything's perfect, And of course we know nobody's perfect, but yet we like to hide behind that facade of like, well I have a house, and I have a car, and I have a job. I'm drinking myself to death and my family hates me, you know, like the stuff that really goes on. And they don't hate me for being me. Maybe they do, but they hated me from when I drank because I became a totally different person. And so the podcast was started, and I don't know, five years later, here we are and to seventeen. Recoveries Recovery community organization based in Traversity Michigan. We help people multiple ways, like, we do so many things. I forget, yeh when I was talking at the fan thing the other day and they're like, what euch do you do? And I was like, oh, in this, we take people treatment, we do this, we do recovery coaching.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be it was like sitting in the back and road to be like recovery meetings.
Speaker 2: We do recovery meeting you know, yeah, recovery friendly workforce training, monthly events, yeah, monthly events. Yeah, we do that too, you know, argan trying. Yeah, you know. It's but it's a lot, man, there's a lot that we do. And there's another person in town that claims to be an RCO, but they're not a recovery community organization. And it's just very funny how they'll go out and they'll be like we do this, and it's just like it just makes me throw up in my mouth little. And I don't want to be that person that's going around bragging about we do all of this. I just want to be like, well, come see what we do, you know, I mean, let's just do it and move on. Like I want to do eighty other things too. So you know, especially with people with gambling disorders, like those people just get shit on. I was reading yesterday this report from twenty fourteen, and they had like surveys and stuff about how PEO people are doing and this and that from two thousand and three, two thousand and one. I'm pretty sure that was before online betting. Yeah, you know, there was no betters or what is the name of the Daily I don't even remember. There's like eighty of them where you can bet on games right now, here's parlay and like those weren't even around then. And that's the last time they did a survey. And then in twenty fourteen there was a research thing conducted about if there needs to be more helpful people with sampling disorder. And I read the whole thing and at the end that was, hell, yeah, there we need in patient treatment. Here's the people that said they would go, here's the need outpatient we need more treatment. Guess what, there hasn't been one thing done about that. Thanks Whitmer, I'm blaming her.
Speaker 3: I don't think you realize either, the just like where we don't realize how much alcohol is just around or social daily acceptance. You don't really realize how much the gambling is just there and all the things that go along with the gambling. Right Like, when I think of gambling, I'm like casino. But then I think and then like you're bringing it up, and it's like our fantasy football, Oh you want to you want to bet on this on? What is it? MGM? I can't think of it.
Speaker 4: Right now, the MGM. But then there's there's another one. I keep forgetting the name of it. I don't score kings best draftings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's been It's every commercial you try to watch a football game, good luck. Can you imagine? And for me being where I'm at in my recovery, I can see a beer commercial doing or whatever. But for someone who's going right through it, you know. And I didn't watch TV for a long time when I was in early recovery ages. I just thought it was a waste, you know. I wasted so much of my time sitting on the college watching dumb ass shows. Anyway, I didn't want I wanted to be doing something productive. I'd rather go to a meeting than sit there and watch TV. Not watch a movie every once in a while. But that's different. But I mean, can you imagine sitting there and having that compulsion to go gamble and you're trying to watch a game. That would be tough, you know, And fantasy football is something I kind of look at, like, all right, we tried doing a free league once and after the first week somebody loses, they drop all their players and then they stop playing and it's just no fun. But if there's a little bit something on the line, then it kind of makes somebody go, Okay, well I'll put my team together and it's a one time buy in. We're not like betting on who what the top three players are this week? And well Aaron Rodgers though for two touchdowns and run for ten yards and like all these parlays that are set up for you to lose. Like they run these things through AI and agor algorithms what are they called. Algorithm? There you go, it's what I said. I just wanted you to correct me, and they'll applicated. But they do. They run those through there to find out what is not going to happen, and then they put those out there for you and you think, well, I'm smarter than that, I'm better than this. I am, I'm a pro at this. I know this, and you have this false sense of I don't even know what it's called, but you have this false sense that you are going to win, and that is it is a game of skill. Because you're smarter than everybody else, you're gonna get this and you're gonna make it right. And no, it's set up for you to lose. Like, you have to understand that when you go into it and they don't tell you that, you know, they don't tell you all the things that if they were like if they came in here and sat down and said, look, guys, I got a bet that you can't they you know, they have their little puppet people that they pay millions of dollars to tell you, oh, here's your parlay of the week. This is a lock, and they start throwing out these numbers. Man, that sounds good, doesn't it. But if you actually had those other people coming and go, now, here's how we did that, and here's how we picked Aaron Rodgers to throw for those two touchdowns and the ten yards because he's never run for ten yards a and ten at least in five years. Ten he's been thrown two touchdowns and like they'll break it down and then they'll show you the computer system that they used to run all these numbers for you to lose. Would you bet money on that? No? Absolutely not, you know, And that's the same thing as bringing a liquor store company and to tell me how alcohol destroys my liver. Would I want to drink that liquor at first? No? Did they tell me how addiction works? No? And you know, the pharmaceutical companies, they keep getting money. They oh, here's the problem. Oh wait, hold on, we'll make the solution, but you got to pay us billions. Okay, we're over here making trillions. That's fine. We're gonna make it more addicted. Yea, yeah, yeah, and get this one because this gets you off this other one. And then it's just it's it's that's how they kind of and they tried to push it off as well. We told people to take as prescribed. You know. I think where they messed up as they didn't say it was addicting, but alcoholic doesn't say on the bottle that it's addicting. That's addictive, not not that I know of. And if it did, they put it in a good spot because it wasn't by the cap where I opened, and it wasn't at the bottom. It wasn't check yep the bottom and how much we got left. But you know, it doesn't tell you that, So I mean, why would the pills have to tell you that? Then? You know. But but alcohol and the gambling are just right there, hand in hand. I was on the site, like I said earlier, and it was like gamble responsibly and you want they wanted you to click this thing and problem gambling and the way they put it on you, it's sure you're you're not gambling response, you know, like here's how you do it. What you know, drink responsibly? You know, alcohol companies drink responsibly. You're not drinking responsibly. And sure there are people out there that can go have a beer with dinner. Yeah, I can play fantasy football once a year, you know. So I'm not saying that all people should never drink again, but it's very slippery slope for someone like me who was going through depression and all these other things that was trying to hide in as a man. I'm not supposed to have a therapist depression. This is how uneducated I was. And I've talked about this before. Depression that's some women get uneducated. You know, you can call me stupid, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's just not even being uneducated. I think it's a stigma of how some of us, you know, even how the society was raised. Like men don't show emotions, men don't cry in public, and women are the only ones that have depression and anxiety and men you just supposed to buck up and deal with it. And yeah, I think, I mean, I think a lot of it too, is just how the education of society as well, right, I think it's becoming bigger and more, which is amazing for all of us that have you know, I.
Speaker 4: Talk about this a lot in groups and meetings that I run. You know, that was a big deal for me, was I was raised, and it's in society and it's in media and it's everywhere. And boys don't cry. I'll give you a reason to cry, you know that situation. And so what do you do? Yeah, you buck up and you deal with it. And oh, everybody has a bad day and goes to the bar. Oh okay, that's what I'll do.
Speaker 2: Done. You know, let's go to the bar. That sounds like a good idea. I need to feel.
Speaker 4: Better, and then eventually it's like, oh, I don't want to be drinking and driving, so I'll just pick something up and go home. And then you pick something up and go home, and then a couple of months that something isn't working as well, so you start upgrading heavier, heavier, stronger, and stronger and stronger, and then you're isolating and it's just a giant snowball, it is.
Speaker 2: And I feel bad for those gambling people, man, because they just got nothing. And like I said, I'm gonna put it on Whitmer because she's the one supposed to be in charge of this, right and she's the one that allowed all this online betting to happen in Michigan. You know it was on her watch. So it's all you witness. Well, it's kind of like gretch when you do a little something. It's kind of like what she doesn't care. Yeah, she's she's gonna be on her boat and torch. Like, but I hope your daughters don't have a gambling problem ever, the gambling things, I mean, I hope they don't. Hope they never have addiction issues either. Really, I don't want I wish that anybody. It's Cory's looking at me and sarcastic. I'm just saying, but I don't want anybody to go through this. True. I want my son to go through it either. Cory's still looking at me all weird. What what is going on?
Speaker 3: I'm just not looking at you weird. Sometimes they assume all black people are from African America.
Speaker 2: Explain that comment. It's like a brand over and get over again. It's like Recovery Dance podcast. But you can explain that comment there.
Speaker 3: I was tired, and it was this after this long day of learning and being interrupted with people behind me in a class. I was a little frustrated and I just stumbled over my words and got them all completely backwards.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's a testament to who she is as a person, and everyoney that went to what she's talking about with adversity training is what I believe what it was some some people that went to these actually worked and networked and we're tired at the end of the day. Some people went on canoe rides.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa wow, that's true. Some did, but you were explaining that in the podcast we did. I think it was called Live from Jackson something like that. Do you want to listen to the whole episode in its entirety feel free. But you were explaining this diversity training and stuff that you had and why people you know, from certain different parts of America and.
Speaker 3: The earth or the whole country.
Speaker 2: Or fake countries. Yes, yeah, and you kind of got lost there and you said a word that was a sentence that was funny. I thought was funny.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they assume all black people are from African America, yep.
Speaker 2: But you were trying to say it was this gentleman I think that was there. It was actually from Ireland, yes, but he had brown skin, yes, and he didn't like the fact that people just assumed he was African American because to him, he's not African American. Yes, he's Irish. And you know, so just seeing somebody go, oh, that black person, he must be African American, you know. Or if someone say they're coming here from Ireland or England or wherever, and they have to check a box, like what do they check, you know, English, or do they have to check African American. You know, it's it's a whole thing. But we we kind of talked about that and get into more detail about stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously they would have to hit other and then put in obviously Ireland African Ireland.
Speaker 2: Why would they have to do that, They're just from Ireland.
Speaker 4: Well, no, because you've got African America here, You've got African Ireland there, and how do you know African England?
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 4: Well no, I'm saying if they had to like circle the box like you were saying, yeah, you just hit other and then you can write in what you are.
Speaker 2: Why would why would they have to write African in?
Speaker 4: Because I thought that was the new thing, the whole countries and all that.
Speaker 3: No it.
Speaker 2: Or continents.
Speaker 4: We haven't really talked about continents in this whole conversation yet, Corey.
Speaker 3: Smoker, I don't like the side of the internet.
Speaker 2: This is going too Oh I lived there, So Corey Smoker pointed out today is also Friday the thirteenth. Yeah, you guys gonna watch Friday thirteenth tonight.
Speaker 3: No, but I wish I should have planned earlier. Why I don't know, something in Justice car while he's driving that would have been good climbed in the back seat.
Speaker 2: That's just rude.
Speaker 4: You should never prank Justin by putting anything on his car.
Speaker 2: So's if it's company car, you can put it in his personal car. I don't care what you do with that. Nobody here. What do that? Ever? No? No, nope, nope, ever happened once? You guys want to hear some fun stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can you make a promo video of something funny soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get right on that.
Speaker 3: Okay, when we're not busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe in December. Nope, because we'll be busy then too. One day though, we will.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we have some on the books that we need to do, but we're just been so busy.
Speaker 3: No. Maybe one day I can make it onto the TV out front too.
Speaker 2: Cover coach training.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm waiting for them, now, keep waiting.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So I wanna play some audio for you. This will be a fun game ad Mitch, you kind of heard it already, but I tried not to, so you're gonna have definitely go second on this one. But Corey, I want you to identify what this is and what is happening. So there's two things you need to identify.
Speaker 3: Okay, what it is and what's happening.
Speaker 2: You're ready?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Okay, what is it? And what's happening Corey Smoker. If you get this correct, you will win three days off paid. I don't have any theme music. So what's your guess?
Speaker 3: Is someone getting off having sex?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 4: That's the trap. That's what he wanted you to think it is. Oh it is, well sort of what is it? I guess maybe who is.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: We're really going to put me on?
Speaker 2: What side of the internet? Don't you want to go to.
Speaker 3: Mitches the Internet?
Speaker 2: Now welcome? Now that is Shannon Sharp ESPN. See what happened? He and this stuff was really funny. But he went live on Instagram Instagram Live and I guess he said he'd never been on Instagram live. But he had his phone and walked into the room where the lady's name is Michelle, because he was like, oh yeah, then Michelle, then my Michelle, Oh yeah, then my Michelle. And he started going into graphic details of where he was putting his thing, and uh so, like all the Michelle's in his life was like, no, no, what me? And there was a lady who used to work with the name Michelle. She's like that was not me. And then there's another lady, which obviously wouldn't be her because she has like a protective order against him. They used to work with him, see why, Uh, clearly, but no, he's so he took his phone. I guess he threw it on the bed, but when he hit Instagram or whatever he was on, he actually hit the live and threw his phone down. So like the video is like of the roof or like the ceiling fan or something.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 2: Bear dog, I'll start doing that, like, hey, Marnie, she.
Speaker 3: Will tell you to get offer her and away.
Speaker 2: I'm a bear. Not all of them feel that way.
Speaker 3: Do you get this guy over there?
Speaker 2: He's on his own thing. All of them feel that way. Yeah, apparently Michelle there, she liked it. But yeah, so that was kind of funny. And then his because he's got two phones, because you've got to have two phones. I guess one for the family, one for the fun.
Speaker 3: Right, that's not true, because I have two phones.
Speaker 4: The family and once for work, which is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, but so.
Speaker 3: Well, not that kind of fun though.
Speaker 2: Right he says he was doing that, And I guess the comments and stuff that people were putting on there were like ooh, unk, what are you doing? And like just you killed that bish I'm getting that bish sure or something, and I don't know. It was pretty comical the stuff because people call him Unk, and so his agent or whoever is calling his other phone and like people are like, oh man, they're blowing his phone up like someone trying to tell Unk, you know, and he didn't answer it. And then finally he does and they're like, hey, man, you're live on Instagram. He's like, and I know Instagram live and they're like, no, no, yeah you are. And he's like, man, what are you talking about? People are saying they hearing you, man, what they say they hate me doing, and he was like having sex. And then he's like, that's when I realized and I had that oh shit moment of oops. And so his teaching her publicists or whoever it was got on right away and we're like, been hacked. And then he had to clear that up and he's like, no, I wouldn't hacked. He was like, I'm just a healthy man. Heaving relations didn't sound like it to me.
Speaker 4: It also didn't sound like his partner was necessarily willing to be there.
Speaker 2: So much checking the house to see if he let her out of the cage or some like that. Too.
Speaker 3: Can we please get out of the corner internet that much lives in. I don't like if he's my coworker, I don't want to know anymore.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be able to front desk, You're just gonna hear I talk.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be left alone here with especially I just tried to I holped him and save money, and now he's gonna spend that in the dark corner of the wet.
Speaker 2: No money for me to look at stuff.
Speaker 4: That's old Mitchell. That's old Mitchell.
Speaker 2: So he had I guess he had to call his kids and stuff and apologize. I don't know if he's married or not. I mean that would I would assume he's not you not after that, but his kids and stuff and his sister. He's like, I had to call him apologize. And he's got a brother named Shannon or Sterling sharp persplaying the NFL too. He didn't say he called him or of them. And it seemed like he had some legal troubles not too long ago.
Speaker 3: But were Wolf, I mean, I was sinking dog man.
Speaker 2: It was a tight end. Maybe you end up telling us it's like a pig snoring or something like that. Dark places he goes. Some women like that too.
Speaker 3: Mitch Jesse, if you're listening to need.
Speaker 4: Help, no no, no, no, no, no no, this is the workplace.
Speaker 2: But that was pretty crazy, and the first time was like, oh my gosh, that's horrible. But then I thought, man, he did that as a stunt because he had Cat Williams on and that was all stunt, and that that Cat Williams comedy show was horrible. If you ever bought tickets to that, don't go just eat the money because you're gonna waste your time to it's horrible. You want to see him too, right.
Speaker 3: I tried telling you, yeah, it was horrible, and you're like, I'm front row.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, well I was up at the Belk being smashed. But Jesse, you know with but I'll tell you what it did. Brought out the folks and they were dressed to the nines. The folks, which ones Kat Williams, folks.
Speaker 2: African America folks.
Speaker 4: Oh obviously I'm going to be assassinated.
Speaker 2: No, we can't wait. Its was horrible, but he had him on and there Kat Williams is doing his little rant about oh I did that, but watch I'm spilled the beans in there, but whatever, he didn't do nothing. He doesn't have nothing. It was all hoax and it was huge for Shannon Sharp's little podcast, and it like blew his numbers up, and like so many people watched it and this and that, and then obviously it comes back to reality because I mean he's Shannon Sharp. I mean he talks about football, that's cool, whatever, but he needed something to kind of boost that up again. And it's like, what would be better than that, Oh, we could do this. We'll do this, do his Instagram live thing and people will see it and they think I'm having sex and everybody'll be talking about me and guess what, everybody was talking about them. Yeah, so we're gonna need you and Justin Mitchell to do a little Instagram live for White Nucks podcast. I think it really help you guys like blow up. I'm on it.
Speaker 4: I just got to leave them. I can do the background about three o'clock in the afternoon. I'll leave my recorder on. We'll get some snory.
Speaker 2: It's justin snores, yea, he sleeps now. He was taking a little nappy nap at work and I think Martie was like, why would you put that out there, but Justin was sleeping at work. It makes us look bad. I'm like, well, I mean we don't really get breaks. Yeah, you know, it's like in a normal job, Oh you get a fifteen minute, thirty minute break. I mean that's kind of what it was. You know, if you want to take a break during the day, like most people do, then take a break, you know, and a lot of people would go to their desks in sleep while they are on the break. Some people go outside and smoke cigarettes. You know, it's like, do what you need to do. But it was funny that Corey Smoker recorded Justin Smoker smoking sleeping at his desk, and then I put it on Facebook. So I thought it was kind of cute and I did a little jewel.
Speaker 3: He just ratted me out.
Speaker 2: Did not know, Probably didn't until Mitch told him it was but process of elimination. No, I didn't know. What happened was.
Speaker 3: You know what we're done.
Speaker 2: What happened was maybe you deserve to have your account shut off for a day.
Speaker 4: Turdy back on, he goes, you recorded me while I was sleeping, and I was like, nope, he goes Winfield, did he got this terror in his eyes. I was like nope, and then he's like it was Smoker. I was like, man, I just can't. I'm not going there with you.
Speaker 2: Process of elimination. I think he figured it out obviously.
Speaker 3: Well, Mitchell wasn't even supposed to say anything that day.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help it. I had there's so much bent on frustration. And then but then when I put it out on Facebook, he saw it and then he was had to figure out why why this happened. But Jewel was she did a version of a Twinkle Twink a little Star. So I put that I was gonna put Justin's song on there, but then I was like, Eh, people aren't gonna understand that.
Speaker 3: Oh but that song's amazing it is.
Speaker 2: I think I have it on the board still.
Speaker 4: I don't think we can make every podcast that the three of us do together, Justin Rose Podcast, Oh can we? Justin Paul Calf Horror Show, Fred and Jason Words, Tumble app Cats, Running film, the Basement.
Speaker 2: You on a ravel like.
Speaker 4: A thriller, Folks die think for cover word blizzard child, you Ain't got no.
Speaker 2: Nothing, grim a disaster, stumbling over, first trip, trip fall.
Speaker 4: Faster, You need a drop in there. You know how you did the dilaplcated. You know, you get a couple of them, but one of them has to be not.
Speaker 2: Ship totally does not Dick pick that ship.
Speaker 4: Don't look at me disappointment here.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I was just I don't even remember what we were talking about, Shannon Sharp. Yeah, so anyway, don't go seekat Williams either. I thought it was a stunt. Yeah, you guys do do do a stunt on your on your i G Live or something for White Knuckling It podcast. Yeah, that's what we're going through there. Yeah, we'll make some videos too soon. I'm gonna make a video this weekend of making a bottle. I know you're looking at me like, what are you stupid? You don't want to make a bottle with Jesse? Yeah, forgot about our plan. Recovery Dad's podcast. You listened to that one? No, no, she did not. What was Justin's o? Yah, that's what Justin said. Yeah, this isn't bashed.
Speaker 3: Just you guys are all making you guys have some Okay, I'll go back and listen.
Speaker 2: Because on our outro it's like go to our website Recovery dads dot com for videos and blah blah blah, and then there's no videos or anything. I'm like, guys, we need to make pages and start making videos. So I'm gonna make a video making a bottle, making a bottle And was it pancakes? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: And because we're like, we're gonna do how to videos and You're like, I'm gonna do a bottle of pancakes because Marnie loves the pancakes in the bottle for Parker. And then Justin I don't think he had an answer. And then Justin and I kind of looked at each other and I was like, in our video is going to be how to find drugs in your kids room? So because it's a share, it's a shared you know thing that we've had to do.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah's kids.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to I'm surprised Jesse didn't say how to remove the door from the hinges.
Speaker 4: Oh, we could add that, because yours is too, so we could add that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do that. I mean the more we can put on there, I think, the more.
Speaker 3: Okay, But now you guys should I should take a picture and you should see how the door is now, because now it's off the hinges. But yet we didn't think about the dogs going in there and what they might eat. Well, right, and he's already had. Yeah, there's a bad history of that. So now the door it's like propped mm hmmm, because you know, usually you close it on the hinge.
Speaker 2: So now it's just put it back on the hinge.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she doesn't think get that freedom.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you always put a ten out in the yard, right or no?
Speaker 3: Not on eighth Street. They kind of frowned on that.
Speaker 2: Travers city. I think they welcome it that we're.
Speaker 3: Not on that side of town.
Speaker 2: Oh he said, maybe put it in the living room then, and to make her take it up, put it up and take it down every day.
Speaker 3: Jesse's he's got in the truck.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that would be hilarious. This is the life you chose, This is how you want to be living here. You go, we'll let you feel like.
Speaker 3: This is the breaker box off, so there's no electricity.
Speaker 2: Let me go to bed, and then those glow in the dark stars put on the sleeping whatever time it is, just start blaring music. Gangster rap. I thought, this is how we live in.
Speaker 3: She likes that stuff though, didn't you hear about the Tupac concert up in our inner bedroom one day. Oh gosh, I mean you know, we couldn't even wait like a couple of hours til we go to bed. Literally six minutes we say good night, we lay down. Well, we don't just lay down and pass out. We're sitting there on our phones and next thing you know, you're like, is that weird?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Here she is in her room, head legs cross snoop dog blaring it's.
Speaker 2: The yellow doubleg What do you mean I've.
Speaker 3: Smoke with no joint? What's it in your fingers?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dilaplicated.
Speaker 3: And right, we're sober. We someone could lay a joint one hundred feet down that way.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yeah, yeah, I was driving through town on my way home last night and somebody driving next to me down Front Street had it like.
Speaker 3: I know it, just like I can smell it away obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well I don't know. The Recovery Dad saying is fun though, and if you've never listened to one of those episodes, you can check it out Recovery Dads dot com. But yeah, we're gonna have videos, and I figure the pancakes because there are people out there that would be potential listeners that might have a three or four year old and maybe their pancakes suck, maybe they use the old box. Well, I'm sure you had to make some good ones.
Speaker 4: And Jesse and I are going to be like, and then if you're not sure where it is, you take the knife and you slice the pillow like this. Make sure to use w D forty when putting the hinges back into the door. And we're just gonna be like overly, like happy the whole time and be like, and this is how you take your door off the hinges.
Speaker 2: I don't know's gonna starts somewhere.
Speaker 4: With a lot of thumbs up and like cheesy smiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's great for all of you guys to do this and the recovery dads and just be together. The dad's getting off your chest talking about what you're talking about. I think, hey, Marnie, I think me and you need to start recovery moms.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Marnie, there's a challenge for you. She's one more thing on her plate.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, she's busy. She's like me and Mitch were talking about this last night. She's like superhero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's awesome. She's super mom. M Like the middle of the night, she's changing diapers and like Parker will wake up and I'll be like, Parker, just calm down, or when I say, dumb ship, whatever it is, and Marnie's like changing diapers and it's okay, any back to bed. I'm like, what just happened? Hell? All right? He's like Parker, She's like done, We're going back. And then the cat comes and jumps on me. I'm like, you son of a bitch. You know, she's got this human she's like keeping alive over there, and I'm like bitching about the cat. It's like, okay, dude, unless.
Speaker 4: She goes and does like two different jobs.
Speaker 2: Too, yeah and three kind of technically yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: And she's packing your lunches and making dinner and cleaning the house and laundry, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like going to the store shopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, do you sleep.
Speaker 4: The least you could do Corey is be there for the dinner when she makes it.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. Bro. For the most of the part, I'm trying to get home for that.
Speaker 4: There was that one day, well last week I.
Speaker 3: Did I did tell Mitch though, I'm like, yeah, she is a superhero, I said, didn't you know what, I'm at the end of the mom life where I'm burnt out, tired. I don't even got that energy to do any of that shiit anymore. Dan, I'm going to work, come home, and I'm spent.
Speaker 4: I feel that though, Yep, I feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marny, We're gonna do a podcast the other day. And it's just kind of hard having that studio right down in the basement, you know, I like equipment and microphones and stuff, and this is hard to get down there. And then it depends what mood little man's in, you know, is it going to be in one of those where we started and then he's just like, Nope, you're not doing one, or I don't know. Yeah. But then like I was not feeling well because my sinuses, and she was like, let's go do a podcast and I'm like, I was like, sounded like this. I'm like, but we don't. She's like, oh, for really, you don't want to do one. I was like, no, I don't, actually no, I just want to go to sleep. Yeah what happens? Yeah, but I don't know Marty will be get on one soon. But yeah, you guys should start one. I'll help you whatever you need, studio in your brasement. So what you want or what.
Speaker 3: We'll have to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's there. It's collecting dust. Yeah, so what are you gonna call it? Well, you guys have to come up with that and then we'll make the official announcement here. She wants to be recovering moms play off the back. Yeah, but then they're gonna outdo us. You realize that. Yeah, they're gonna actually have videos and how to do shit and.
Speaker 4: Like there's gonna be actual stuff makes sense, tearing apart your kids pillows and stuffed animals to look.
Speaker 2: For, how to make a bottle be formula blue shake it. There you go.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be all over TikTok and YouTube and Instagram, all the all of them.
Speaker 2: Out doing all of us, and like some super looking stud dudes are gonna be like, look for a wife, your husband's stupid taken. Yeah, look at all this money and boats.
Speaker 3: I got not cool.
Speaker 2: About an island last month.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: You want an iPhone twenty? I got them? No, click it out? Yeah I know. No guy. Oh, I want to go to dinner in Mexico, Mexico this weekend. We'll just fly down there on a jet. Oh where do you want to go to dinner? Night Italy?
Speaker 3: Sure? How back? Nah?
Speaker 2: No, I meant like Australia, like Greece somewhere. Oh, you ever had Indian food from India? Oh, let's go just to have a jet. Pierre, Jeff, get the jets ready, you can take your own that. We can come back soon with this FaceTime on our iPhone twenties.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: People do that. Yeah, so crazy. And we're just looking for some money to get people to treatment. If we want to donate, we want to listen to this podcast because they don't have a problem.
Speaker 4: Just take one less trip in your in your private jets that cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing. But anyway, thanks for listening. We'll wrap it up. But I'm glad that we did a podcast today for people who follow two seventeen recovery, and thank you for listening. It really helps us. I guess I guess if if you've got some out of today's episode, then that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Really it's a good laugh, right.
Speaker 2: We talked a little recovery and we talk about some fun stuff and some off the wall stuff because ye got to every once in a while.
Speaker 3: And prod of the thirteenth be safe out there.
Speaker 2: Yes, and enjoy your recovery if you're in recovery.
Speaker 3: If not, well it is recovery month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not too which we talk about recovery dat. All right, So are you done? You're worse than me? Is this a great? I can't wrap up a podcast?
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.