Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: A big round of applause, by the way, for those of you who have already purchased your KFIPA, how about that?
Speaker 3: How did it tay? So it's pretty good, right.
Speaker 2: This is the fifth different version of KFIPA that they have made for so come on out and grab some. It's on tap here. It's also in can so you can take some with you when you take off.
Speaker 1: I hate to bring things down, but big breaking news out of Germany.
Speaker 3: This Why do we always have terrorist attacks when we do these shows?
Speaker 1: Now they're usually in Europe. This one is as well. A salient assailant stabbed people. This was at a central railway station in Hamburg Injuring twelve. Six critical at this point person attack people with a knife on the platform between tracks thirteen and fourteen at the station. They said that the suspect was arrested. No more details, but that six do have life threatening issues. Again, twelve people. This is a major hub Hamburg, Germany, a major portal there at that train station, so definitely a place that would be target rich, I would assume, so we'll bring you those details as we get them.
Speaker 2: We obviously have had great weather here in southern California. We had a little bit of a heat wave where it got up too close to one hundred in the San Fernando Valley over the middle of this week. Beautiful weather out here today. It is not the case back east. They're talking about an unusual nor'easter storm for May pulling away from New England. Massachusetts and Rhode Island got several inches of rain. The town of Kingston, Massachusetts got over seven inches of rain in one day. They were talking about some of New Hampshire's higher mountains actually got snow overnight because it's been that cold and that strong of a storm through there. Three and a half inches on Mount Washington there in New Hampshire. Quick other I guess bookkeeping because we haven't. It's a story that we've been following for the last couple of days. A judge has now temporarily blocked the Trump administration from revoking Harvard's ability.
Speaker 3: To enroll international students. That's the plan.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration made that yesterday, made that a policy yesterday. Harvard sued them this morning, and then later on in the day. Later in the morning, a federal judge temporarily blocked the administration from.
Speaker 3: From revoking Are you booing, Harvard? Are you okay? Just all right?
Speaker 2: Just making sure so all that is going on. We also talked a couple minutes ago about that woman that was lost for three weeks and yeah, okay, do you hear about the guy that was attacking people in the Angelus National Forest? Yes, sixty six year old guy claims that he lives in a shack in the Angelus National Forest.
Speaker 1: It's his suity.
Speaker 2: He's been charged now with threatening five hikers get off my lawn, is basically what he said. He was threatening them with knives and branches.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when the La County Sheriff's deputies show up to.
Speaker 2: Arrest him, he high yeah, kicks one right in the nuts.
Speaker 3: Really yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He sounds like he's got it all worked out upstairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they said that there is a shack in the forest that they believe he's been living in. He when the deputy showed up, he climbed up a tree really fast so that they couldn't get to him.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a nice retirement.
Speaker 2: They had to talk him out of the tree, and one of the ways that they did that was they said, well, promise, we let you put your knife away at your house if you come down out of the tree, and then he kicked him in the nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, the FBI is warning about a threat moving across the country targeting citizens via text message. Is it too late to play the thing?
Speaker 3: The text message, well, the swamp watch. Yeah, I don't know. If we want to, you won't even do it.
Speaker 1: I thought, well, it's the FBI. It's kind of swampy.
Speaker 2: We could have Eric just sing it, Eric, did you play the swamp watch thing?
Speaker 1: Where did Eric go?
Speaker 3: Elmer? Why don't you play the swamp watch thing? And why there it is? And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing the lollipop.
Speaker 5: Here we got.
Speaker 4: The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quit.
Speaker 6: So I'm not going anywhere sorain the swap.
Speaker 3: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened.
Speaker 1: By one has been.
Speaker 5: You know, Americans have always been going. They're not stupid.
Speaker 3: How political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth. We have the people voted for you a nast swamp watch.
Speaker 5: They're all canal.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the FBI trying to steal our identity or not.
Speaker 3: The NBI people.
Speaker 1: Us about people trying to sell our day. I forgot to tell you the breasts story. Okay, So we were out at the uh this isn't really a sex story, but.
Speaker 3: I mean, let us let us determine that, all right.
Speaker 1: So my husband and I were out at a Yellowstone this week and we're we're driving. It's a beautiful day. It was Monday or Tuesday, I don't know, and the Grand Tetons are in the in the in the windshield and I said, look at those Tetons. Those are grand beautiful Titons and he said they are, aren't they just beautiful? I said, yeah, Hong Kong, and he let it go. Okay, he says nothing. A couple of minutes later, we round the bend. It's another view of the Grand Tetons. I'm like, man, those are beautiful, honk Kok and I think I did this at that point and he looks at me. He's like, Okay, that's not going to be a thing. And he was super serious, that's not gonna be a thing. I was like, oh, it's not going to be a thing. He's like, no, it's not going to be a thing. And so then I started laughing because I'm like that you're taking this though seriously about that being a thing is hilarious and now it's obviously going to.
Speaker 5: Be a thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, to be clear, I mean, just to kind of pull the curtain back a little bit.
Speaker 1: We say hong kok all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, if we if you're listening to the show and we say honk honk, we're probably doing this with our hands too.
Speaker 1: Right, because we're fine, yes, but it's important to embrace your inner child.
Speaker 3: There are also times.
Speaker 2: There are also times when we don't say it, but we're telling a story where that's part of the story and we'll just do this. We'll just do this in the studio, like you know what I'm talking about, right like that.
Speaker 3: So there's a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of that sort of inside baseball that goes on when when there's nobody around, you put the.
Speaker 1: Kibosh on that real quick, because it's like, you know, you could be seven at work, Shannon, but not in realizing well.
Speaker 2: And this is because usually when we do the show, it's two of us sitting in a room, right, and it's you know, we don't have one hundred and fifty of our closest friends out here.
Speaker 1: You just feel little weird doing this in front of people. I'll stop, all right, we'll.
Speaker 3: Come back with our story.
Speaker 2: The FBI wants to prevent you from getting ripped off. And I've been getting all kinds of these technows and this.
Speaker 1: Is the thing. I never delete that. I mean I delete them sometimes, but sometimes they come in. I just leave them on the phone. You got to delete.
Speaker 2: You got to delete them. H We'll talk about it and we come back. Also a chance at one thousand bucks coming up. If you're in the house. Stick around another trivia contest here during the commercial break.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 3: I think that's our pizza.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the pepperoni and sausage and bel peppers and extra cheese.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, stupid so good.
Speaker 1: That was my order from Pagliacchi's and Seattle sausage pepperoni, not Jet City Pagliachi's. All right, No good old days huh, so we don't have to agree on everything.
Speaker 3: What time does bingo start around here?
Speaker 1: I love bingo.
Speaker 2: That keyword again goes on the website. If you win that thousand, they'll notify a via email and then we'll do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 3: That is give you a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a good story. But first, let's just talk really briefly about this FBI thing to save our lives. The FBI is warning about this threat moving across America state to state, targeting citizens with these malicious text messages iPhones androids everyone. They say, just delete all of the text messages that look like they're spam. Just delete them right away because if they stay on your phone, they're going to be problematic. This is a new report. It tries to get you to reveal personal and or financial information, credit debit card account information and all the things. You'll see it with the toll road scam text messages. Don't click on those, that's the thing you click, and then they sometimes get access to stuff that's in your phone. There's delete it as you when you get it.
Speaker 2: When they're really good if you're not careful about it, because they'll do things like local the they'll specific specifically include the DMV, dot c A, dot gov, but they'll take out one of the dots or they'll put two dots or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's really really clever that give.
Speaker 1: No one money until they come to your door to arrest you, you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like they'll they'll call them'll be like, I'm the I R S one way to do it, and they'll say you're gonna be arrested. If the toll, well, then come arrest me, you know what I mean, that's what you.
Speaker 5: Got to do.
Speaker 3: So they just say be careful.
Speaker 2: Not only should you not do it, don't click on it, just delete it. You can report a lot of times with your iPhone. If you have that, you can report. You can tone no all the camels here.
Speaker 1: I love surprise animals. Are you ready for your good story?
Speaker 3: I'm ready for my happy sh Do.
Speaker 1: We have any nice music? You guys are gonna love this story?
Speaker 5: Just great music.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, I guess.
Speaker 3: Well do you want.
Speaker 1: Now? It involves a son and his parents.
Speaker 3: Iesus go ahead. Kybert Ruiz.
Speaker 1: His parents were able to see him play a game in the Majors for the first time. Last night, Ruiz delivered his first at bat for the Washington Nationals against the Braves last night, drove an RBI double off the right field wall in the first inning. He immediately turns and waves to his parents in the crowd, who are jumping for joy screaming after seeing the hit. His mother filmed the whole bat on her phone. He said in postgame, dream come true for me. There were a lot of motions. They made a lot of sacrifices for me to see me play in the big leagues as a blessing. He's twenty six. He made his major league debut in twenty twenty for the Dodgers, but was playing the majors for hundreds of games. This was the first time his parents were able to see him in the majors. They made the trip from Venezuela.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: Those stories about baseball and the long process that it takes to get to the major leagues.
Speaker 1: And the sacrifices, especially for parents from Central America's America to you know, you hear, you hear the stories about what what players need to do just to get here for the opportunity. You know, Puigue was like trafficked sixteen times or something.
Speaker 3: Where is see right now?
Speaker 1: Where is y'all sale point?
Speaker 2: I think he's playing in Japan and still not running out the grounders.
Speaker 1: I'd never heard Vin more upset as he should.
Speaker 2: The other baseball story that we've been following is the Angels beat the A's again ten to five yesterday up in Sacramento. The Angels have now won seven in a row. They are still one game below five hundred, but they're definitely pointed in the right direction, and all of that. Without Mike Trout, they've just all come together. They get to host the Marlins this weekend. Their first pitch is going to be at six thirty eight tonight. Dodgers are in New York to take on the Mets. They do that first gay first pitch is at four to ten our time.
Speaker 1: And then I smell the camels. You guys, do you smell that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's probably I was worried it was you.
Speaker 2: And then I remember, I'm gonna always remember that you thought I smelled like a camel at.
Speaker 1: One point, maybe new detergent.
Speaker 3: I don't know camel detergent.
Speaker 2: And then the last baseball note is we mentioned this earlier. The Colorado Rockies are god awful. The Colorado Rockies have now lost still, I have now lost more games to start a gate to start a season than any other team. In fifty games. They are eight and forty two.
Speaker 1: It's like the major motion picture Major League where they're tanking the season on purpose to get rid of the broad that they don't like as the owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then they what then they have to take the little clothes off.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what? Yeah, they take it off.
Speaker 1: The peace win I'd watched that documentary.
Speaker 2: Have you guys heard about Kim Jong UN's latest ship that went down? Kim Jong oops in North Korea. They were going to launch a warship in North Korea. So they bring out their dear leader, Kim Jong un, and he watches this thing fall over onto its side and sink.
Speaker 3: Right in front of him.
Speaker 2: A five thousand ton destroyer had been docked at a shipyard up in the northern northeastern part of North Korea. The hull got crushed and the bow got stranded on the shipway because they were taking it out of the dry dock and filling it up. There's some mechanism that didn't work right and right in front of his big fireworks and the army that was supposed to look all cool, they look like complete morons.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: He said it was because of somebody that was bad in the ranks and that they have been killed already. So I don't know if it was just an accident or if he claims that it was a sabotage.
Speaker 1: We should start doing that around here.
Speaker 3: You seeking the ships still.
Speaker 1: Kim jong Unie, you know you do something wrong.
Speaker 2: Sh We are live today of Bravery Brewing here at Lancaster. Don't forget to pick up your four packs of KFIPA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that pizza, it's also on draft. Do you know where that camel smells coming from?
Speaker 1: Is it camel pizza?
Speaker 3: It's the camel. Oh, he's right here.
Speaker 1: You're scared of I'm sorry, camel. I didn't mean to scare you.
Speaker 2: We'll do a light golf collap so we don't scare the camel. Gary and Shannon, we'll be back here at Bravery Brewing for our news and Bruce here in just a few minutes.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: One of the things that we have been watching was stocks. Today. President Trump ramped up the trade fight again.
Speaker 2: This one he's talking about Apple specifically and said that if Apple doesn't want to make its iPhones in the United States, the ones that it sells in the United States, that it should put a twenty five percent tariff on that. So we'll see where that goes. Apple stock was actually down as a result of that. He also went after the European Union, said that the talks with the EU have gone nowhere, and he is threatening a fifty percent across the board tariff to begin next month June first, is.
Speaker 3: What he had.
Speaker 2: So the stock markets have been in negative territory. That Dow is down about one hundred points s and P five hundred. Nasdaq also down just a half a percent or so. That's just one of the stories that's going on today.
Speaker 1: We got a brand new football club here in Lancaster. This is exciting. Yeah, Alta football club Alta here in Lancaster just founded.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: John is the president here.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought you were John and you were not John and you were Nanny. I don't know. I just did a little quick math here. But John, tell us about your story. How was Alta born.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I've been in a professional sports business my whole career, and I knew that Lancaster Municipal Stadium was empty after the JetHawks.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 7: Major League Baseball folded forty teams across the country and minor league team one of them was Lancaster. So I about two and a half years ago, I just sent an email call to the city of Lancaster and that if you convert the stadium from baseball to soccer, I would bring a professional team.
Speaker 3: And they said yes.
Speaker 1: So how did you have this idea?
Speaker 3: I love soccer, I love the game.
Speaker 7: I think I believe in all the community aspects of it and unity of it. And I just felt this was a community that would support the club and and they have.
Speaker 1: So you're like Ryan Reynolds, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And he's the other guy.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: His name, So Rob Malcolm, Hey, okay, So Neamas Blanco is the GM So how did you guys get hooked up?
Speaker 5: How did Actually I was in in the league and then.
Speaker 4: Mutual acquaintances and and one of the employees that jumped on quickly contacted me and I came to visit. I think it was a Sunday or a Monday and saw the stadium and I saw how the city of Lancaster supported uh the team and and the project, and I told him verbatim, this is this is a gold mine. This is something that I could get behind. And the community was amazing. There was already a supporter club here before we even kicked the ball.
Speaker 1: Sence, I was gonna say, you can't find a better community to start something up that needs community. I mean, the people show up here, people always show up, and they show up for each other here, and there's not a lot of places like that, certainly not in La County. So I imagine it was just instant fan base.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not quite instant, but yeah, it took a little bit of time. But yes, by the time we did our inaugural match, yeah we sold that out in advance.
Speaker 3: That was right at the beginning of April.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was April fifth.
Speaker 7: And then we we've played a bunch of games since we played in the US Open Cup. We won three US Open Cup games and got to play FC Dallas and Major League Soccer, and now we're playing our regular League one schedule, which is Men's Division III.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many so go down the layers of soccer in the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we have MLS, which is LAFC Galaxy. Then we have USL Championship, which the USL umbrellas the whole league, so it's us L Championship, and then USL won. So the US Open Cup is we have amateur teams all the way to MLS teams and the further you go, that's when you get to play MLS team. So we got to the fourth round. It was amazing to be at the stadium and see Lancaster, California inside of the Toyota Stadium and we put the team on the map.
Speaker 1: Question thinking about it, right, your name?
Speaker 2: Does it work the same way where if you win successively you can move up into different leagues?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: And that's coming John actually gets on these President's calls. But pro route so promotion relegation is when you win, you get to have the chance to go up.
Speaker 5: Sure, so you win, Let's say if we.
Speaker 4: Were in the third division and we went out the league and then we win a championship, we have the opportunity to move up to second division and so on.
Speaker 1: How did you come up with the name and the colors and the all the branding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we we had we hired a professional designer, which was good, but we also did a bunch of listening sessions with the community. And the things that this community really resonate with are the B two bomber because it's made here in the Annelo Valley, and also the Joshua tree, which is a real iconic symbol. And so we took all the colors of the desert and the Joshua tree.
Speaker 3: We have hints of.
Speaker 7: The B two bomber and the logo the shield itself as a poppy flower. So we took all these elements, brought it together and it's been really successful.
Speaker 3: People have really embraced it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Joshua Tree somebody to dress like a Joshua Tree at the mascot, because I would do that. Okay, have one mask, I could be like a little Joshua tree.
Speaker 2: One of those August matches that you have and sweaty or the call.
Speaker 3: That's tightly great.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that the city was very cooperative and you know, excited about it, and obviously the fan base they've shown up pretty quickly. Have other businesses as the business community come alongside you as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've done really well in sponsorship sales all local businesses.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they've really embraced us.
Speaker 7: When we were just a PowerPoint, I mean, long before we had a team, we were pitching Edwards Federal Credit Union, Paris law firm Bravery has been a sponsor of ours and so yeah, we've probably outperformed in the sponsorship game.
Speaker 1: So players, anybody we should be uh be focused.
Speaker 5: On, actually excited to see this.
Speaker 4: We have Denzel Smith turned out into Bagel national team. He just called up, got called up for the national team and turned out to Bagel. So he will be playing against the United States here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Do you do recruiting trips and stuff?
Speaker 4: We try to limit those. We went to Argentina, we went all over the United State, eights. We have there's a lot of software out there. One of them is called wiy scout. So if I input your name, it would give me every time you touched the ball, every aerial, every every little detail.
Speaker 1: So how does that work? I mean as a GM, is it like football where you find these diamonds in the rough? Essentially?
Speaker 3: Was it a balls joke?
Speaker 1: You're laughing at a balls joke. Okay, it must have been a genital joke.
Speaker 3: Play that just for everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna rewind that the adults, Nina, you didn't mean to do this, but because I'm eleven, okay, you said you have a computer software program. Right, they heard it too because they were laughing as well. You have a computer program that will tell us every time Shannon has touched a ball all the When the adults talk too fast, those kind of slipped through the cracks, and we didn't want that to slip through all right, back.
Speaker 3: To the story. Stopped laughing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm just I'm just disappointed in myself. I missed it.
Speaker 4: I didn't get any thank you.
Speaker 1: So is GM though. You find these like diamonds are up, you bring them or you sign them up for your club, and then I mean, what's that feel like for you to see them them do well and to grow. I mean, obviously you're very new, but this is that's your job, right, yes, you know theirs.
Speaker 5: The first one was exciting was mcali Bara.
Speaker 4: He was from Lancaster, California, played high school in Lancaster, California, went to a JC college, then went to a four year then played for and then got picked up professionally and then played for our national team in Brazil, so it was a full circle. And then we and he was our first signing for a team in Lancaster, so.
Speaker 5: Bringing him home, yeah, very cool. Full circle.
Speaker 4: And then now he's an assistant coach for an academy team, is our U nineteen team, and is mentoring our players. So for him, it's it was a surreal moment. He would text us and saying that, you know, we had.
Speaker 5: His jersey reveal here.
Speaker 4: You know it was it was a surreal moment, an emotional moment for him to come back home and represent his team, you know. So but then from there, you know, we have to put a team that's you know, we want to be successful year one, right and with all the building, with all the locker.
Speaker 5: Room, with travel, with.
Speaker 4: Food, with hotels, all that stuff, we also want to compete, so we have to expand and and bring in and put Lancaster on the map.
Speaker 1: I think you're going to be very successful. I think this was a great call.
Speaker 3: To really do.
Speaker 2: I have a quick just procedural question about how do you transfer a baseball stadium where the JetHawks used to play. They still call it the hangar. How do you how do you change that into a soccer pitch?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's fantastic. The City of Lancaster really stepped up on that. If you think of the home plate as sort of a right angle, the home plate becomes the corner flag. And then we added a grandstand in what would have been right center field, and then another grand stand in what would have been left field, and so we've created a perfectly square, a proper football ground. It's interesting because the second deck of suits is actually still behind home plate, so it's behind the corner.
Speaker 5: But also that.
Speaker 7: Has the best views in the house, so it's really beautiful. It's a it's a it's a proper football ground and we're just so lucky to have it. Very cool.
Speaker 2: If you're interested in more, not just the schedule, but tickets and all of that sort of stuff, the stadium of all the swag for all to FC, you can go to alta f a v all to FC dot com and Valley all toa FC dot com to be our.
Speaker 1: Show official football team, like we don't have one, and I feel like we're getting in on the ground floor here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, we have a game tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, starts tomorrow see all the hegger John Smelzer, the owner and Neamias Blanco Niini, the general manager for av all To FC. Thank you guys for coming out today. Enjoy all right, we're live today Bravery Brewing here in Lancaster for our news and brus. Come on out and say hi. We'll be here until just after one o'clock. We'll be back in just a couple of minutes as well. More on that New Orleans prison break. Everybody likes a good prison break story. Before lunchtime, you're listening.
Speaker 6: To Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Try that KFIPA. It's the fifth version of the fifth iteration. If you can believe that of kfipa that they have brewed up for us in the cans. It's also on draft here if you want that. And there are a bunch of different restaurants as well, not just around Lancaster. Is a handful here, a couple down in the Santa Clarita Valley in Acting wherever you get your finest beers.
Speaker 3: Make sure that you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I need to wipe your face because you may out with the camel. That camel got into your face.
Speaker 2: Well, to be clear, Okay, to be clear, the Campbell made out with me, I was sort of a true It was an unintended victim.
Speaker 1: You kind of asked for it. You were given the cabal what it wanted.
Speaker 2: There you can find Kfipa and Rosamond, Into Hatchipie and Lancaster Lake, Hughes, Palm Dale, as I mentioned Santa Clarita, all of those places.
Speaker 1: Also, did you even get that camel's name?
Speaker 3: Men?
Speaker 2: Hey, you were the one who talked about one night stands earlier. This is the one one afternoon stand with me and just the camel. If you're here, Bravery has an incredible award winning pizza kitchen, by the way, and they have a pizza on their menu that's our pizza, which is the Pepperoni, the sausage, bell peppers and extra cheese. So if you want to go and ask for the Gary and Shannon Show special, that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even have a Gary and Shannon Show sticker until now?
Speaker 2: Did you know that one doesn't have the thing on it. Some of them have the QR code that you could just scan the QR code and your podcast comes right now.
Speaker 1: QR codes were a thing that that are done.
Speaker 2: Now, okay the story, Yeah, that one has a QR code.
Speaker 3: No, you keep that, Eric, that's for you. Is this frenkle your nose?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is these are great cool. Yes, we are officially fans.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is really cool.
Speaker 2: This almost looks like the graduation robes that you wear. I never graduated, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: After skipping third grade, it was all downhill from there.
Speaker 3: Downhill, downhill.
Speaker 2: There was also a funny story before we get to our escapees in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: Did you hear the story of it?
Speaker 1: Feel like? I feel like the Pope a little bit?
Speaker 3: Do I look like the Pope a little bit?
Speaker 1: This is probably sacrilegious.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I'll stop with the sign of the cross.
Speaker 2: Some of our finest and bravest members of the Armed Forces opened fire on a Florida beach last week. Did anybody hear the story? A group of at least eighteen Army Rangers opened fire on a crowded Florida beach and sent everybody running for the exits. If there was such a thing this group the Army Rangers were supposed to be part of a show in the Billy bowlegs Pirate Festival. That sounds like fun in Fort Walton Beach and it's just a goofy thing.
Speaker 3: It's an opportunity for the Army to go out there.
Speaker 2: And shoot blanks basically, and they take part in the show of the Billy bowlegs Pirate Festival by capturing Billy Bowlegs. Okay, so after the show, they're cruising around in their little boats and for some reason kept shooting their blanks but aiming their weapons at least in the general direction of the people who were sitting on the beach watching this pirate festival. But the City of Fort Walton Beach says the Army shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: They said that they were.
Speaker 2: Outside of the Billy the Billy Crab no Billy bull legs Pirate Festival, and that what happened at Crab Island was not part of the festival whatever.
Speaker 1: But pirate a pirate festival. Whatever happens, you're gonna get shot, yeah, or shot at.
Speaker 2: My grandma got shot at one of those old West Dixie, Old West stunt shows.
Speaker 1: Yes she did.
Speaker 3: She was shot in the arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she lived with that shrapnel.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He still had it in her No, still has the shrapnel in his foot that he shot himself with.
Speaker 3: He shot himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his birthday today, ninety six years old.
Speaker 3: He's still around.
Speaker 1: He shot himself in the foot. Yes, you'd hear about it.
Speaker 3: If he died. I assume so, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: He shot himself in the foot when he was five, and then just left the fragments in there.
Speaker 3: He didn't tell anybody that he shot himself.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: An adult, I don't think so. Nobody cared back then. It was like you were a kid playing with the gun. You shot yourself in the foot.
Speaker 3: It was like a.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, you know. Yeah, it was the twenties.
Speaker 2: So ten inmates escaped from that prison in New Orleans, the Orleans Parish Prison. And if you remember the story, they know that a maintenance guy shut off the water to a toilet in one of the cells. They were able to move that toilet, break through the wall, cut.
Speaker 3: Through the rebar, and skeet on out of there, ten of them.
Speaker 1: My favorite was that they tagged the exit with too easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they spelled it wrong. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's still funny like that somebody would spell that wrong and still be smart enough to escape. There's a problem with your security at your prison. So I love it though, because it's got shades of our of our love escape love prison.
Speaker 3: Escape, our love, prison escape.
Speaker 1: Not Shoshank Redemption, which was also a story of love in prison and prison. No, the female or they female prison guards.
Speaker 2: Oh and they had the same last name, wasn't it They had the same last name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she made off with him and.
Speaker 1: Then but yeah, the headline was like five of them captured, five of five of the ten captured or whatever. And the reason that they haven't captured him is because of course there's women were willing to take in an inmate. You know what, Well, yeah, that's what's happening. People. These inmates are going to random homes. They're knocking on doors and they're like, I'm an escaped inmate, and you know, the women are like, come on inside.
Speaker 2: I did say three. You said five of them have been captured. One of them was captured at grandma's house. Does that count as as a woman who's willing to take in the Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: They did also arrest a fourth.
Speaker 2: Woman for allegedly helping the inmates a thirty year old was arrested yesterday. She helped two of the ten inmates get out.
Speaker 1: Also, was she his grandma or grandma very different? Grandma's need love to.
Speaker 2: They also arrested a thirty two year old, Courtney Harris on Wednesday, and they haven't said exactly how they were able to help, but at least one of them was given these guys rides to wherever they want. Giving them rides to grandma's house basically is the way it works.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not football season. There's a lot of downtime and inmate shows up. I mean, that's that's It makes for a good.
Speaker 3: Story, Right, inmate shows up to your house? What are you gonna do? It depends on he's wearing the orange suit.
Speaker 2: County La County property jail. Oh does he have manners? Does he look like John say?
Speaker 1: You know, good afternoon, ma'am, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Goes a long way too easily sway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but manners are not a thing anymore. So when you see them or hear them, you appreciate them.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got a gigantic, sir, twelve o'clock hour, thank you, it's already new, it's already new Now's the time where you can really hit the games top I know, and pants and pants.
Speaker 3: It's unusual for me big twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're going to be doing are what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show, also the nine news Nugget you need to know and we're gonna cheers you for everybody. We're gonna get together and do our big thing. We'll have a picture taken. We're gonna do our weekend fit. We said, how are we gonna cram all of this in? I don't know extra time? Uh oh, we're gonna need extra time.
Speaker 1: You're gonna call John. I'll text John.
Speaker 3: Live at Bravery Brewing and Lancaster.
Speaker 1: John a stick.
Speaker 3: We can do this too for our news and bruise. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app