Speaker 1: POC link sent me two radios. There's one, here's the other. These are POC pushed to Talk over cellular and I've talked about POC radios in the past a little bit, and I'm going to give you the reason why I like these more than some others in the past I've seen. So let's let's take a look. These are the radios themselves. They're pretty small compared to there's my smartphone right there, so pretty small quote radios. They've got the power button here at the top, push to talk over here, it's the volume up and down on the side. They are USB C rechargeable right there in the bottom belt clip, and you could put a standard K connector headset in the side here. So they work pretty well that way. One two, three, four, five, six, seven eight nine two one two one two. Now the question is how far will these reach? So I don't like these asshat companies that try to sell you an off grid device that requires a SIM card, and that's not what this company is doing. So they sent me an email they said they wanted to send me these radios for free, which they did, and I asked them about the service plan and they said, well that The first year is free, but there is a fifty dollars per year service fee for coverage after that. And they were upfront about it. They were upfront about it, and I'm like, okay, that's that's fair. Okay, where else are you going to get a cell phone for fifty bucks a year? So first year free, you buy the radios. It comes with one year of global coverage, and after the first year you have to upgrade, or you don't have to upgrade. You can turn them off, I guess if you want to. But after the first year you have to pay again. So here is a brochure. This is what they send to their content creators nationwide. Global covers as long as there's a cellular network. They say it right there upfront, as long as there's a cellular network, okay. So they are upfront and open and honest about that. You can instantly connect to family, kids, friends, team members, push up a button US Mexico, Canada, UK, France and other countries. They partner with ninety nine percent of global carriers, allowing devices to automatically switch to a stronger network if the carrier goes down. This ensures in uninterrupted communications if you go to their website poclink dot com. I'll put a description below. It will be an affiliate link, and we can go to Global Explore Global Plan from the top and you can scroll down. Here you can see all the companies free Global Plant free for the first year in Europe, North America, Europe, Oceana, Australia, Asia, Africa, and then the premium Global Plan unlocks all these other countries, so you can pay more money for that. That's a lot of countries right there. Poc works not only in the US, but also multiple countries without extra fees. A lot of times you have to pay roaming on your cell phone private with AES encryption. POCQ is the only POC radio currently supporting the Bluetooth mode. It comes with exclusive Bluetooth headset, assaysories for more commedian I did not get the Bluetooth headset, but that's all right, I will UH. I might look at that later. No complex setup or programming required three thousand million per battery. To change your group or use a name, please send your device's IMI number to this email address. And that was the That was the question I had about some other brands that I was looking at as like, okay, they named the grid, they named the user each Each radio is named user one, user two or something like that. Let me show you what this one's named here, all right, so right here you see this one's called user fifteen, this one's user sixteen, and group is group eight. I go to menu group group list group eight. Oh, what is group eight mean? What does that mean? I don't know? So you can create a group in here. Go back here menu okay, and scroll down create group, join group. So you got a buddy with with something like that, you can create a group. I might try to create a group. We'll see. But the user fifteen and user sixteen, I thought that, you know, they don't know which you want it named. So that's what they named it. And you can send an email to get the group name or the user change. So that's good. That's good. But what I have always said from the beginning, Communications twenty four to seven, Communications twenty four to seven, Okay, services like starlink and your smartphone. Your smartphone is an excellent MCom tool. If you have coverage, you should always have a smartphone with you. If you're going camping, you're going hiking, you're going out into the non populated areas, take your smartphone and if you lose coverage, then have a backup a radio, a POC radio, a regular radio, starlink, some sort of nomad internet device or something like that. But your smartphone can always be an income tool as long as you have coverage. These require a network, just like your smartphone does. But the better thing about these is they work on multiple networks. So inside the United States, the big three networks is Verizon, AT and T and T Mobile. My smartphone is on AT and T, and if I get out of a coverage, if I get into an area that does not have good AT and T coverage such as the Texas Snowmageddon of twenty twenty one, where they basically turned off AT and T to the general public so that first responders and first net users could use it. Okay, I didn't, and I would send a text message to my wife and she might get it about twenty minutes later. Couldn't make a phone call at all, couldn't check my email, but my Verizon tablet worked just fine, no problems there. So Verizon didn't do that, but AT and T did. That was in one area during one storm at one point in time. It's not gonna work like that all the time, but these would have worked if AT and T was down, then it would said, okay, what's the strongest signal of Verizon or T Mobile, And in other countries it would pick other carriers. You can see a whole list of carriers on their website. Always have some sort of communications available, Always have something available. POC regular radio. I'll never be without my I would not trade in my icon or Yazu for this, but I might carry this with me as an added feature, as an added means of communication in the field, on road trips, on overseas trips, if I can to keep in touch with people who are on my network. I'm gonna take these out into the field. I'm gonna take these up to the hunting lease, which I'll be there in a couple of days from now, and I'm going to set one up and drive the other side of the lease and talk into it and let you guys see what it looks like and try to use it out there where there's cell coverage but not great cell coverage, and kind of see how they work. So I will put a link for everything in the description. Blow but let's check out and see what they look like in the field.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I have them here out in the woods. This is at my hunting lease. Now. We're about an hour and a half north of where I live in Grapevine roughly, so this is not the most remote location that you can get to. And I tried using these things at Big Bend National Park when my wife and I took vacation there just a couple of weeks ago, and they did not work, could not get a signal, so we were out of cell phone range during that time. And that's just what you have to bear in mind with these POC radios. However, they seem to be working here, just fine. I'm gonna take one in the back here, all right. So you see right.
Speaker 3: There, you see right there that it is at the top left of the corner of the screen. It's got a blue text right now that says what the name of the radio is I'm transmitting. I'm gonna let go and it's gonna say idle at the top of that screen right there, and then I'm gonna key up and it turns blue and it says user sixteen or something something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, User sixteen is what I'm transmitting. From so right here, let's get into the shade because I can't really see much out here, all right, So user sixteen there, I'm gonna key up right there and we're gonna see that. So I'm gonna put the camera back over here while I walk over and show you guys what's going on there. Okay, I've got the radio set up on the table right here. I've got the second one in my hand, and we're gonna walk out this direction.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna walk.
Speaker 5: Away from the camera, walking away from the camera. Camera audio still has me one two one two. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now I'll be able to walk away.
Speaker 2: I'll be able to walk away like this.
Speaker 5: This is not a range test.
Speaker 2: This is not a range test because unlike because unlike a real radio. Listening to this radio you're listening to right now, I have to go up to the cell side and make a connection and then come back to the radio. I'm talking from vice versa right now.
Speaker 5: I'm transmitting. Right now, I'm.
Speaker 2: Transmitting from the radio in my hands, signals going out to the cell side. It has a timeout it has a timeout timer. What do you know that's funny that's funny. So it went, it went out to the cell site and coming back to the radio that's right there in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: That's that you're listening to right now. Unlike a real radio, where if you were talking between two actual radios, the signal would go from here to here and back and forth and wouldn't need a cell side in between to make them work to let them talk, to receive and transmit between one another. So now does that make these bad? No, I'm just demonstrating a difference of how these work as compared to how actual radios that transmit are F worked. And you could argue these are transmitting our F they're transmitting the same type of RF that a cell phone transmits, and they require a cell tower in between them to hear each other. So the next experiment I was just driving out here today. I told you I was going to do an experiment out here in the woods tomorrow. Later this week, we're driving to the More Expo for an overland show in Springfield, Missouri, about a six six and a half hour drive from my home in Texas, and I'm going to leave one of these at home, and I'm going to take one with me, and once we get there, I'm going to tell my wife to pick one up and we're going to have a small short conversation over these from Springfield, Missouri back to grape Vine, Texas and see how that works. That's going to be the final test for them. So, like I've said in other videos, and I think I said at the beginning of this one, although I have to go I have to go watch that again to see what I actually said. This is a great tool if you want to have a group of people and they all want to get one of these, and you can talk to the group at the same time rather than key rather than picking up your cell phone and talking to one person at a time and having a doll a separate number for every person. And these work on all carriers. So your smartphone probably just has one SIM card from AT and T, T Mobile, Verizon, whoever it is, if you're in the USA, and these will work on all carriers, and for fifty bucks a year, how can you really go wrong? But I did want to test them. I just like to call a spade a spade and say, look, these work in this environment, but not in that environment, and that kind of thing. And I really appreciate the advertising that poc Link does on these and they they tell you upfront, legit what they will and won't do, and truth in advertising is always a strong thing. So the next test is going to be between Springfield, Missouri and Grapevine, Texas. So stick around and that's what we're gonna do right now, testing one, two.
Speaker 5: Three, Good.
Speaker 1: I can hear you that here. Okay, good, I'm currently passing through Mississippi, across the state line from Melville and Mississippi, maybe twenty minutes ago and just.
Speaker 5: Headed that way.
Speaker 1: GPS has would be all about seven forty five pm.
Speaker 5: I've did jump.
Speaker 2: Good letter, looking where you.
Speaker 5: Are right now. It's cloudy, it's been.
Speaker 1: It was raining in Huntsville off and on just about the whole time I was there, and I went and I went and got a new Winchel Bibe promoter yesterday and installed that. So that's all fixed up and working correctly now. But but I've had rain off and not heavy rain, which is kind of light rain off and on since I started this morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, something, I'm ahead. I'm much gain that wishes up from fix and I know that's been. That's been kind of annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all done, though hopefully we'll have we'll have that trump again. But okay, were you are you about to head out or going to cleaner's done or what's this story there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the cleaners are down. They left about an hour ago, maybe a little bit less. Maybe I got to come in, so they've been gone on to John Cow brought it back in and there I'm just kind of continuing with my day. I've got to play calling two thirty, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go downtown.
Speaker 4: Okay really after that, so hopefully i'll leave here about three to go and I'll be there, so'll probably late, you know, probably nine or ten, hopefully not any later. But the days I started getting getting started.
Speaker 5: So that was she's at home and Texas.
Speaker 1: And I'm driving back from Huntsville, Alabama, currently in the state.
Speaker 5: Of Mississippi, driving along Highway.
Speaker 1: Seventy two westbound in the state of Mississippi, so like four states away, i'll go through. I'll go through Tennessee and Arkansas before I get back to Texas. And of course I'm in cell range because that's those these require cell signals or if they have a semi print and them so anyway, Tess successful. I did not get a chance to take them to the More Expo. I did take them to Dayton, but I didn't record a video there. So it's been I've been waiting to use them on a road trip, and that's what.
Speaker 5: We did here. We also used them last month when we went to Galveston. We drove from.
Speaker 1: Dallas Fort Worth area down to Galveston, and she left about an hour before.
Speaker 5: I did because I had some things to do that morning.
Speaker 1: So when I left maybe an hour and a half later, she had one of these radios and I had one, and we talked on the way down there to just kind of let each other know where we were and what time we'd get there and that kind of good stuff. So they're very useful as long as you're in cell range and you're using them and you're in a greater distance than what your simplex radio can work. They seem to work quite well. So thanks to poc link for sending me these. They do work well. I'll put a link in the description below. I think they're offering me a coup one, and if so, I'll put that down on.
Speaker 5: The descript below. Also, So seventy three guys, thanks for watching,