Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American Way on full display over the weekend. Anxious to get your reaction. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five the number text d An five seven seven three nine, Ryan, I thought you were going to switch that music up to start the show today. A little Lee Greenwood is what I expected, but I'm sure that'll be the first bomb pride, because I think an awful lot of Americans felt a lot of pride this weekend. I know some were not happy, but I think probably vast majority, including many who would not admit it, maybe because of political affiliation and things are so polarized now, but felt an awful lot of pride because there is good versus evil in this world. Most of human history, all of human history right, has been an ongoing battle between good and evil. And that's what we saw over the weekend. And the people who flew these American bombers and executed that mission flawlessly from everything we can tell, there are people that we should all be proud of, and I think the vast majority of Americans are the people who built those planes, the people who put the ordinances together, everybody involved, you know, I think Americans take a lot of pride in and the regime that was targeted in a very precise kind of way. But from everything we can tell, effective and certainly important is evil. I mean, that's just evil on the face of the earth. There's no difference. And if there were horns and tails and hoofs and all of that, that's just Satan on earth. Not the Iranian people, who you know. I haven't been there, but certainly every Iranian I've known has been wonderful, and that's what you normally hear people say. But there is evil in the world, and that regime is just raw evil. So proud to be an American, as I've been talking about for weeks, right, I mean, we are far from out of the woods. Evil does not go down without a fight. And the thought today that this and performative is the right word right for what we saw over Qatar, that's performative. But I don't believe that's the Iranian response I think the response from this evil regime is going to come in multiple other ways, with plausible deniability built in. I think the actions we're going to see, and I pray I'm wrong, but I think the actions that at least are being planned, Let's say, our actions that are going to be designed to have enough about them to want to cause the administration and the American people to think they're likely from Iran, but with enough separation that it may be difficult to act on it. I think that's the intent of this evil Iranian regime and their evil allies, right. I mean, you look around the world, and I know we tend to focus too much on the bad and not enough on the good because the bad poses the threat. And so you know, you look around the world and obviously you know you've got an ally evil in Iran, has an ally with evil in Russia, etc. And so access of evil, right, was the term that I believe Bush used back in the day, maybe Reagan as well. But yeah, I don't think this is over with Iran. But I think President Trump did the right thing, had to do the right thing. We're fortunate he did the right thing, and I think it's going to pay benefits way beyond what we're focused on right now. Obviously, our great ally Israel deserves that support, our own nation threatened by an Iranian nuclear program in a very direct way. But there's going to be as I was talking about last week, this related benefit in terms of the President's ability to make peace. And that's what he is. He is a peace maker and his ima has always been peace through strength, and he's been very effective with it. But as I was talking about last week, and you've seen it, right, he has now had both you know, Putin, and I do not put Putin and Selenski in the same boat at all. I mean, Putin is the evil aggressor Ukraine is the victim. But both Putin and Zelensky to a certain extent, have given Trump the middle finger when it comes to his peacemaking efforts. And again the criticism goes to Putin, but that's the reality. And so you know, President Trump had good reason to wonder whether you know, his peace through strength approach was going to work in this second term, and people forgotten about Solomany, etc. But certainly this very necessary action, well executed that the President commanded over the weekend should help restore some of that peace through strength leverage, because he is a peacemaker. There's no doubt about that. You look at his record. It's been very effective, and I think this will be a big step in the right direction, but far from the end. And again I literally pray I'm wrong, but I think I think the US is going to probably suffer. It'll suffer at tax. Unfortunately, in all likelihood, attacks on the soil very possible with the many How many was it, I think it was over a thousand right Iranian nationals who were actually stopped at the southern border, many according to reports I've seen led into the country anyway. But for every one of those who had stopped, imagine how many weren't even stopped. So it's it's absolutely necessary to think right now that there are probably lots of lone Wolve sleeper sales, Iranian sleeper sales, et cetera in the United States right now, and to think there are not going to be any kind of attacks, I think would be unfortunately unrealistic. Three or three seven, three eight, two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. But again, unequivocally, the president needed to do what he did I'm glad he did what he did. And then the question is do you want him to do more? Do you believe do you believe that regime change is now necessary for this ten successfully? Obviously Mark Levin does. And I've interviewed Mark many times. They'll try to get him on on this, but Mark Levin believes that regime change is necessary, or to paraphrase, all of this is kind of wasted. Are you in that camp? I am not, but but Mark Levin smart guy, and I've enjoyed my conversations with him over the years. I'll be anxious to get his take, so we'll work on getting him on. But if you're in that camp, would love to hear from me. I'd love to hear for me, no matter what camp you're in. And as we look forward right now, but I am optimistic that this GOTSI GOTSI really well executed. No leaks, right, Ryan, I mean, and that is a true test. Even back when there was all that signal chat, signal app controversy stuff, people could see there was a high level of competence in how the administration was executing. In that case, the attack on the Hohoties and so so impressed. No leaks there whatsoever, which means they didn't tell any Democrats, right, must have not told any elected democrats. I think before Americans were out of Iranian airspace three h three someone three eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. So lots to talk about. Lots of hot sound on that front as well. And do you think this will help right now? I mean, you know, we've got thirty different things under this umbrella, but one of those I'm really interested in is whether this will now help, you know, to negotiate a piece in Ukraine, because once Trump has that mad dog factor back. And I say that in the kind of clinical sense, because he is a person very much in control. I mean, it's like I told you that story, right. That was at a Corey Gardner fundraiser and Lindsey Graham was there and he was talking about this was in the past and not in the current campaign, though it'd be nice to see Corey run for something, right, But anyway, Lindsey Graham was talking about how he was riding in the back of the car with Trump and they were on the way to play golf and Trump showed him this tweet that he was about to send out and Lindsey Graham said, oh no, no, no, you misspelled that word. And Trump said, I know, I mean he misspelled on purpose. Right, So a president Trump cultivates this unpredictable, you know, mad dog kind of factor, which can be extraordinarily effective in deterring evil enemies. But I think he's a person very very much in control and as you can see from the operational security here, the way it was executed, et cetera. So lots to talk about, anxious to get your take, We'll start with calls and text three h three someone three eight two five five texts d A N five seven seven three nine. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you my friend. Dat music. It's amazing right how it works at the mind, just like transported me back to how old Joe Bench four years old for four driving him to his priests and we'd be blaring that song. After nine to eleven. We'd have those little plastic flags, remember you'd attached to the window and then roll up your windows and they'd stay there and we'd be singing that kind of on a loop. So we drove this seven or eight minutes to preschool each day. But in any case, a lot of people very proud should be of the Americans who executed that mission this weekend and the administration President Trump just releasing this this tweet. Congratulations to everyone. It has been fully agreed by and between Israel and Iran that there will be a complete and total cease fire approximately six hours from now, when Israel and Iran have wound down and completed their in progress final missions, for twelve hours, at which point the war will be considered ended officially, Iran will start the ceasefire, and upon the twelfth hour, Israel will start the ceasefire, and upon the twenty fourth hour, an official end to the twelve day war will be saluted by the world. During each cease fire, the other side will remain peaceful and respectful on the assumption that everything works as it should, which it will. I would like to congratulate both countries, Israel and Iran, on having the stamina, courage, and intelligence to end what should be called the Twelve Day War. This is a war that could have gone on for years and destroyed the entire Middle East, but it didn't and never will God bless Israel, God bless Iran, God bless the Middle East, God bless the United States of America, and God bless the world. Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America. So that just from the President, good news. I think what you can read into that, right, is that with American help over the weekend, Israel, which has operated magnificently throughout this entire mission, that Israel has accomplished enough to end it at this point, right, because Israel is total dominance, total dominance of the air, total dominance of this war. And so that's that's what I take from this. And great job, great job by Israel, tremendous job by the United States coordinating with Israel to do the certain things over the weekend that only the US could do. And you know, mission accomplished. For now. This this is never going to end, right as long as these evil iatolas and mula's are in power. But for now, you know, an awful lot has been accomplished. Three or three seven one three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. So first question I ask myself, and then we'll go to the phone lines, is does this change for me the analysis, the somber unfortunate analysis. I started the show with that we will see Iran hit back, and we'll see it in such a way that there's quote plausible deniability, but the Iatolas will want Trump to know, want Trump to think it was them, but not have enough to go on in terms of punishing around for it. I still do believe that's going to happen, and I believe that's going to happen because of the evil nature of the regime. But let's hope I'm wrong. Let's hope I'm wrong. Three out three seven three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. No more appropriate place to start the conversation this afternoon than Loveland, Colorado, because the President's tweet announcing the ceasefire certainly full of love. Chris, You're on the Dane capitalis so welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey Dan, how are you doing, sir?
Speaker 1: Live in the dream, my friend? How about you?
Speaker 3: Same thing? Great place to live in my friend.
Speaker 1: Marriage is awesome. Yeah, well that is for sure, and Loveland's pretty darn could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's beautiful up here. Hey. You know, I've just been thinking about all this and since Iran thing, and we I think we really need to watch our sixes. Now, we need to watch what's around us because just like you're saying, there's so many sleep here that you wouldn't even realize it. Oh yeah, yeah, I think now is the time that, like you're saying, they're going to try and hit back and they're going to make it. Well, it wasn't us, you know, and you know that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. You are right on target there, Chris. They appreciate the call. I want to try to get everybody in three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine, and you know the other dangerous scenario. And again I preface all of this with Trump did the right thing, He did the necessary thing. He did it extremely well. Obviously the military executed it extremely well. But it took a very gutsy president to order up the mission, and so it beyond the obvious value of whatever degree of damage was done to Around's nuclear program. And I trust it was a lot. I trust what Trump says on this, and it makes sense that it was a lot. The fact is it took a lot of guts to order the mission of many presidents would have. So we're fortunate to have Trump, but we have to be realistic, right about the nature of the evil that was struck, and also the other evil out there, much of it aligned with the evil in the Iranian regime. But here's the point. You know that we have this ongoing danger from the regime were acting with what they consider to be plausible deniability. But we also have the danger of other evil enemies now acting against us interest, be it abroad or at home, hoping that it then gets blamed on Iran. So it's a dangerous time. But you look at all the brave people, all the great presidents who stood up in American history to take on evil, and taking on evil creates its own danger, and to think otherwise would be infantile. Obviously, you take on an evil, it's going to create its own danger, but you measure it out and you properly conclude that the danger of not taking on evil as far greater as it certainly is in this case. So kudos to the President. But I don't think we're out of the woods at this point. Three all three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. In fact, will never be out of the woods completely right, that that's just not the nature of life on this earth. There's always going to be evil on this earth, and then you hope that we and other good people will continue to rise up against evil and fight it and win. But it's never going to be completely eradicated in this life. It's just our job to take it on and combat it as best we can. Dad, any terrorist attack by Iranian proxies will be considered a direct attack by Iron itself. Excuse me, there is no plausible deniability anymore. I agree with the texture in the sense that this administration is very wise and sophisticated and and will not, if at all possible, allow Iran to get away with any proxy type at tax. On the other hand, at a certain point, you know, some of these evil missions can be executed in such a way that there's no clear link, and then what happens in that case we'll find out. Together. Let's hope I'm wrong on all of this and none of this even happens. Dan, I'm still not a fan of Donald Trump the man, but he made America great again this weekend. That from No Code, Dan, thank you, no Coe, And I would bet that there are an awful lot of people who feel that way, a lot of people who vote Democrat, etc. I mean, I was at a wedding this weekend in Milwaukee for my nephew, my sister's boy. Wonderful, wonderful guy. We've tried a case together. He worked at our law firm for years. He's a great try lawyer. And you know, like I said before, I think I don't think there's a single relative outside of Colorado who is a Republican. I think everybody's Democrat, right, but they're all and I was with a large group of such folks. I doubt there were five Republicans at this very large wedding back in Milwaukee. But the Democrats in my family and other Democrats I know, like Midway Democrats, the vast majority are extremely patriotic and likely very proud of this mission this weekend, but would never want to credit Trump for it. And that's part of how President Trump got elected twice, Right, is Democrats voting for him who would never admit they voted for him. Dan, how do we get rid of police in Johnston? Well, governor of Colorado is term limited. I think he has his eye on that Senate seat, whether he's going to try to force hicking Looper out or wait until Bennett's opened up. I don't see him just you know, drifting off into private life. I think he just loves the yes man thing and all of that way too much for that three or three. He's someone three eight two five five Johnston. He's going to have to get voted out at some point. Here, TeX's d an five seven seven three nine your reaction to the ceasefire.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Our objective was a destruction of Iran's nuclear inrichment capacity and a stop to the nuclear threat posed by the world's number one state sponsor of terror.
Speaker 1: Tonight, I can report to the.
Speaker 4: World that the strikes were a spectacular military success. Iran's key nuclear and Richmond facilities have been completely and totally obliterated. Iran, the bully of the Middle East, must now make peace. If they do not, future attacks would be far greater and a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that statement on Saturday, and now get in your reaction to everything, including the ceasefire the President just announced between Israel and Iran. It's a funny term for it, right, but when Israel's been so dominant, and I understand that Israel has suffered a lot as around has shot missiles aimed at civilian population's hospitals, et cetera. But in terms of who's actually winning the war in every measurable way, clearly Israel has with the absolutely key assist from the US on Saturday night, and more than just an assist, right major commitment from the President and our troops. So I want to read this again just because it's important news and it's just so unusual right and unique to this president tweet just a short time ago from the President, Congratulations to everyone. It has been fully agreed by in between Israel and Iran that there will be a complete and total cease fire in approximately six hours from now, when Israel and Iran have wound down and completed their in progress final missions for twelve hours, at which point the war will be considered ended officially, Iran will start the cease fire, and upon the twelfth hour, Israel will start the cease fire, and upon the twenty fourth hour, an official end to the twelve day war will be saluted by the world. During each season, the other side will remain peaceful and respectful on the assumption that everything works as it should, which it will. I would like to congratulate both countries, Israel and Iran on having the stamina, courage, and intelligence and what should be called the Twelve Day War. This is a war that could have gone on for years and destroyed the entire Middle East, but it didn't and never will. God bless Israel, God bless Iran, God bless the Middle East, God bless the United States of America, and God bless the world. Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America. So yeah, a lot of positives. I think we just have to be realistic, right that no matter how well the President, to the military, the United States Israel execute, you still have the reality of evil in power in Iran. We can obviously considerably and hopefully hopefully to the point that the people of Iran can successfully overthrow the regime, though I have no way of knowing from the outside whether that's feasible at this point. But I do think, unfortunately that there's a high, high high chance that there will be Iranian sleeper selves, lone wolves, et cetera, attacks on American interest here and abroad, and hope I am wrong about that. If those do occur. I won't change my mind about the necessity of what President Trump had to do, right, because we all know there is risk in every action that's taken against evil. There's simply more risk in not taking the action against evil in a case like this. So let's continue to get to some of that hot take sound. There's been so much of it over the weekend. I want to get to some of the opponents as well, because that affects what happens going forward, right, how the Democratic Party handles this, and how the voters that all the Democratic Party. Here's Bernie, and.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you something.
Speaker 5: Not only is this news that I've just heard the second alarming that all of you have just heard, but it is so grossly unconstitutional. All of you know is that the only entity they can take this country to wall is the US Congress. The president does.
Speaker 2: Not have the right.
Speaker 1: You know what an actor this guy's Yeah, and people talk about Reagan as the actor Ryan. He had to know. Hey, Bernie Sanders has a lot of horrible ideas, etcetera. But he had to know that every word coming out of his mouth was false. Right, But he doesn't care about that wild So let's get this straight. The commander in chief doesn't have the right to execute a mission like that, I don't. Yeah, try bringing that argument before any court, before the US Supreme Court, they would laugh you there. Try bringing that argument before the voters. Yeah, the use of force authorized after nine to eleven, that's still in effect, and this mission squarely fit that. And so yeah, yeah, but the Democrats are going to do it. The Democrats are going to do right, and that's going to continue to help Trump as it almost always does. And what you just heard in that sound was from Saturday night as the news broke during the Sanders rally, and I'm sure there had to be a tremendous feeling of impotence in that crowd, including with Bernie Sanders, right because and part of that frustration of his I'd say maybe ninety nine percent of it is that he knew instantly that this was going to help Trump, and this was going to help the Republicans, and this was going to hurt the Democrats. I think that was you know, I hope that's the reason he was so angry, and it was one of the reasons I was so happy, right, is this is a very justified, beautifully executed military mission that is also going to help the good guys and gils politically, not that you know, I spend my entire life devoted to Red Jersey over Blue Jersey. That's never been the point. The point has been right over wrong. And I was a Democrat for many, many, many years, and I just followed the truth and followed the facts to the Republican Party. Now because the Republican Party's perfect, It obviously isn't. But if you're looking for a vehicle that can accomplish good and stop bad, there's nothing like it on the face of the earth. Where else are you going to go? I'm talking about in a political sense, now, faith wise, I go to my Catholic faith. If you're talking about politically and you're talking about an operation that can actually go out there and win elections and you know, stop bad things from happening and stop bad people from getting elected. Yeah, you know, the Republican Party is a place to be. It has a long way to go, a lot of room for improvement. But what other entity on the face of the earth can accomplish that? Yeah? Three or three someone three eight two five ours? So you bet, you bet one of the reasons I celebrated on Saturday night. First, you know, the successful mission, the safety of our troops, the lives that will be saved by that mission, the way it'll help the future security of the US. But part of that is, yes, helping Republicans defeat Democrats. So I'll bet at least ninety nine percent of Bernie's anger came from that. If it didn't, then it I don't know. Did it come from not wanting to unharmed it. Did it come from some genuine belief that the president had exceeded his legal authority? I don't think so. All right, Love to get your texts, love to get your calls. Somebody get it to some more text here. First, I've got to get to where is that John Brennan sound? We had to order up some John Brennan sound because he continues to be very, very frustrated with the President, which is always so good to hear, because Brennan, you think of the harm he's done and the way Trump exposed him.
Speaker 6: Bordeaux was prohibited from enriching uranium until twenty thirty, and so Trump's decision to tear up that agreement and to abandon it the Iranians word.
Speaker 1: Hearing to it, you know, I said, oh lord, You've just got to listen to stuff like that, just to again fully appreciate the magnitude of importance to the future of this nation for like centuries from Donald Trump getting this second term. Imagine guys like Brennan still having power. Wait a second, what he leaves out of that is under the deal Obama and the Left negotiated, Iran was going to get a nuke. Iran was going to get a nuke at the same time it was promising to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. So yeah, they always seem to leave that detail out. Three or three someone three eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. I want to focus on a few things with you when we come back. You know, this moment has such important historical importance no matter what happens in the future, and I think the chance of the future being better because of this mission over the weekend and what our great Ali Israel has accomplished is virtually certain that we're going to have a much better future because of this. But I want to zero in on this. Do you agree with Mark Levin that there needs to be regime change now or that all of this is for not I don't but do you I want to zero in on that. What do you think the effect on the political landscape is going to be any effect on Colorado because, believe it or not, nobody seems to care or pay attention. But we are in the middle of two active, big races in Colorado for both governors and US Senate. You're on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 2: Show and now back to the Dankaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Congratulations President Trump. Your bold decision to target Iran's nuclear facilities with the awesome and righteous mind of the United States will change history. An Operation Rising Line Israel has done truly amazing things, but in tonight's action against Iran's nuclear facilities, America has been truly unsurpassed. It has done what no other country on Earth could do.
Speaker 1: Well said three or three seven, three eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. If there's time in this segment, I'll read the entire tweet from President Trump announcing the ceasefire, just because it's important and so intriguing and wanted to make sure you knew about this news. On another front. Today, Supreme Court allows Trump administration to swiftly deport migrants to third countries. Reading the Wall Street Journal version, Justice has paused a lower court decision that required the administration to give meaningful notice before sending people to countries they are not from. The Supreme Court on Monday cleared the way for the Trump administration to swiftly deport migrants, including a group of men bound for South Sudan, to countries they aren't from. The Court's conservative majorities state a lower court order that said individuals said to be deported to third countries must be giving meaningful notice of their intended destinations, allowing them time to raise objections. A Trump administration, which had asked the Supreme Court to intervene, argued a trial judge, has it improperly interfered with the president's authority over foreign affairs? So important ruling in favor of the Trump administration today, I do have to think that obviously an announced goal of the Trump immigration plant this point, the securing of the southern border check, you know, just a stunning success, but part of the goal now in removing those here ilegally, certainly the focus being on those here, I legally have committed other crimes. Has been on getting people to self deport. Ryan, I have to believe this decision of the US Supreme Court today, And this isn't like a final opinion they issue at the end of the whole case. You know, there's they don't write anything up here. They just issue an order that puts on hold the lower court orders so the administration can keep doing what it was doing. It's not a guarantee the administration will win eventually, but it's a pretty darn good sign. Ryan. I have to think this will be an enormous help to the Trump administration effort to convince people to self deport because this order today is about the ability of the administration to send people to a country they are not from. And I have to think there are an awful lot of people who came here for Country A who are thinking, oh, man, if there's a real chance I might be sent to Country C, right, I'm going home to Country A.
Speaker 2: That would be their choice.
Speaker 8: At this point, he's offered them a pretty sweet plum deal to self deport. You know, the thousand dollars, the plane ticket, you know, ticket to ride go ahead and get out. That's fine, And in that case, you can try to come back legally and restart the process and do it the right way and have that peace of mind and maybe become an American citizen, and that.
Speaker 1: Would be great.
Speaker 8: My bigger issue, Dan, I'm glad to go to step in here, And of course it was along the ideological line six three.
Speaker 2: That we expect.
Speaker 8: But we cannot have these one off judges everywhere, everywhere like San Francisco, New York, d c. These liberal enclaves stepping in and opposing and obstructing every single executive action by the commander in chief, by the President of the United States, duly elected by the American people. These judges and districts that are appointed, they don't represent the American people. And I just wish Chief Justice Roberts would step in and put an end of this crap.
Speaker 1: Well, they've teed that up, as you know, they've teed that up in the birthright citizenship citizenship case, where right now they're more focused on the issue Ryan just talked about, which is, you know, what are the proper limits or lack thereof on an individual district court order? In other words, under what circumstances because the court is almost certain to allow some under what circumstances can an individual district court judge hand down a ruling that affects directly effects binds more than the parties in front of that court, not just presidential effect, but actually right now, this moment, the moment that order is signed, actually binds parties not before the court in that case. So I expect some pretty clear guidance from the US Supreme Court soon on that, because you're right, it is a big, big issue in the law right now. But this very important ruling on multiple levels by the US Supreme Court today allowing the administration to now continue deportation to third countries people who came here from one country. And it also, I think is a very important statement about the vast reach of presidential power, you know, when it comes to immigration, when it comes to foreign affairs. So that a big, big win for the White House today. Now CNN, you know, we keep different TVs on in studio, CNN making a big deal out of the fact that at this point neither Iran nor Israel has confirmed the president's announcement of a ceasefire. But you can be pretty sure he isn't announcing that ceasefire deal unless it exists, So we'll keep you posted on that. Dan, Please note says a text or do DA N five seven seven thirty nine. The media is always in correct. They're called illegal invaders, not migrants. You know, there's there's no question that almost all the media at this point, I can't remember what Fox News refers to folks here illegally as, but you almost never ever see illegal immigrants. I don't consider that term to be derogatory in any way. And you know me, I'm the guy who takes a lot of flak because I say, wait a second, Okay, we've got to be able to secure our borders. We have to have this sensible immigration policy, got to immediately get rid of everybody who's committed other crimes, all that good stuff. But I do believe in doing everything we can in the midst of all this to recognizing the inherent human dignity of you know, the folks who have come here illegally, particularly those who have not committed other crimes. That doesn't mean we change the underlying policy. With that said, yeah, I think all of this reporting should refer to illegal immigrants, and to leave it out is deceptive and fails journalism one o one