Speaker 1: The LA Clippers. The game is ended.
Speaker 2: Gather round boys, time to recap.
Speaker 1: But the post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 2: The successes the failure.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss.
Speaker 4: This is Clippers locker room breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Here's that a moss led.
Speaker 5: The Clippers get Paul Georgia rude welcoming home. They went it into it. Don't big over their former teammate one ten to ninety eight. Welcome into your Clippers postgame show. This is Clippers' locker room. Coming up. We will have Clippers talk on a five seventy LA Sports if you want to get on early. Eight sixty six nine seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number where we are rejoined by your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez, Carlo Justice. Coach lu drew it up. This was even with some subpar performances shooting perform Ward says by a couple of stars that you expect to be better. The Clippers still had this game over with about three and a half minutes left. That was impressive.
Speaker 6: It was a comfortable confident group today, Adam, and a comfortable win is what they came away with. I mean, Philadelphia shoots fifty four percent today from the field, and the Clippers were in control the entirety of that fourth quarter. And impressive win for a group that's looking to build some momentum. And you mentioned it the San Antonio game, finding how they can win games with their defense. They forced twenty turnovers today and get twenty seven points off those twenty turnovers. I think Norman pal continues to be a shining star for this team. Twenty six points. It's almost at him becoming routine. I mean it really is. Are we gonna be hearing Game forty and saying Norman palen Ano their twenty point game. I hope so, because that's the way he has been playing for this Clipper team. And like you mentioned, James Harden doesn't have his best night and it's no problem. This Clipper team still comes away the victory. Coming into this season, you weren't sure it. James Harten was gonna have to play so well. He talked about a media day, a lot of this offense is going to be, in his words, a lot of him and it has been but at the same time, other guys continue to play well because of the gravity that is paid attention to him on the offensive end. The Clippers really finding their style through the last two games of this five game homestand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, other guys contributing a mere coffee and another double ditchit game off the bench, some key three pointers. It was down to a fifteen point game. It was getting a little bit sketchy in the fourth quarter. There's still plenty of time left. Amir comes in from Niko Batoom and immediately knocks down a three pointer in the far side corner. And the ball movement by this Clippers team twenty seven assists on their forty one made shots, just pristine tonight. I love the way they were moving it. I know there were a lot of turnovers. Some of them came an inconsequential time, but there were some great possessions when they had to execute late with those timeouts being called from coach lou He drew it up. They were able to deliver.
Speaker 6: They were able to deliver. The Clippers out of timeout plays were excellent. The vertical threat with Derek Jones Junior got him a couple of dunks, a mere coffee, an open corner three on one of them. The Clippers really executed late and that's why you see the assists number up to twenty seven today for this Clipper team. They moved the ball well on the offensive end, they got guys involved, and they were efficient. I mean this starting group Adham was super super efficient today. Only James Hard and Shapollo fifty percent on the ball game out of the five starters for the Clippers. They spread the wealth around, they made shouts when they were open, and they dominated. And they came in this game with a little bit of that chip on their shoulder. You could see it from the start. This team was playing hard, especially Norman Powell. I thought he was uber aggressive when he was matched up against Paul George, and he showed out with those twenty six points and six assists, matching a career high.
Speaker 5: Clippers a good win to build on.
Speaker 6: Now, you want to keep building on this win as you go to a Sacramento team that's sitting at fine and three to start the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and as much as we've talked about Paul George in this one, the most important thing is that the Clippers got a victory against him. That's what this is about, right now, this Clippers team showing up and not turning it into just an individual battle out there. Well, we got some of that between him and Norm Powell in the second half. More importantly than that, the Clippers ended up with this big w They did get four turnovers from PG thirteen, who at one point, what was he four to four or five of five to start from the field. Yeah, he was spectacular. He hit a couple of tough shots on the fourth quarter right away over a double team with Chris Dunn and Niko Batoom. There aren't many tougher double teams that hit a shot over than that. Then another one over Chris Dunn. The offense was there, the beautiful jumper was there, but he only got up nine shots total in his twenty four minutes. Still seems to be on that minute restriction, and of course when the Clippers are up big like this, it kept him there. Yeah. So this Clippers team, you know, they won the battle and the war. You could say, in some ways they did it all in this one. They won the individual battle with Paul George being back, and they also took care of their business in just getting a great team victory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two wins for them today. One hundred percent agree. They were able to keep Paul George for the most part in check and come away with a win in this one with those twenty seven assists. They were out rebound today, which is a new one for the Clippers, but fifty four points in the paint. That is the sixth game of seven games this season the Clippers finished with fifty plus points in the paint. They looked comfortable today, Adam, I think that's what stands out to me. The Clippers looked comfortable. They looked composed, They looked like they knew where they were going on the offensive end, and on the defensive end, they were in every passing lane. Anytime anybody drove, they double teamed him. I mean Tyrese Maxi finished this game with just twelve points and thirty one minutes. Took him thirteen shots to get to those twelve points and finish one for six from three. The Clippers made him a non factor today on the offensive end, a guy who was leading this team averaging thirty to start the season. And so we'll see if the Clippers can find a way to continue to disrupt excellent point guards you got another one in Deer and Fox over there at Sacramento, a good one for the Clippers at him, and you got more coming. But hopefully you continue to build here today.
Speaker 5: Clippers making the opposition uncomfortable. It's a great point by you taking away the head of the snake, really in Tyrese Maxi, who au had been a volume shooter so far this season, taking twenty five shots to get to the thirty points per game, still only getting up thirteen and thirty one minutes. The Clippers were doing a lot right out there. Their rotations were much more crisp. I thought that even early on when Philly started off hot from three, well, they ended up shooting just seven of twenty five from distance under thirty percent. So once again Clippers get a team shooting under thirty percent here and into it Dome that started off knocking some down. Did they have six three pointers in that first quarter?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Philly, I was just doing the math, lad Philly was fine for eleven after the first quarter and then went two for six thirteen, two or fourteen.
Speaker 5: Clippers brought out the monkey resh to turn off the water or whatever it was, the faucet on the fire hose that started things off or on the fire hydrant, I should say, just an unbelievable defensive effort after that first quarter. Holding a team again under one hundred points is special in today's league, especially Clippers win one, ten to ninety eight. They take down Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers here at into a Dome. Clippers next one is Carlo mentioned up in sack Town tiptime for that one, same as tonight at seven pm from Golden One Center against the Kings. Well, if your pregame show starting right back here at six, Carlo, great call is always say flight up north, get some jim Boys, tacos, all right at them the local giving me the wreck, let's go. Coming up next, we got second half highlights. Clippers pull away with this one win big Hey, they don't all have to be close games. Glad to be wrong about that one. Clippers win one, ten to ninety eighth PG and the Philadelphia seventy six ers here and into it Dome. Clipper nation was on point tonight. Patch yourself on the back, especially everybody at the wall. More on that coming up here in the Clippers postgame show on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network throws it up.
Speaker 1: The window finishes in the fowl. Los Angeles Clipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio.
Speaker 5: AIP Clippers win one ten to ninety eight. Here at Into It Dome. They get one off of PG now with the enemy playing for the Philadelphia seventy six ers, Paul George goes home a loser tonight. Everybody the wall was animated and into it. Every time he touched the ball, he was being booed. Clippernation. You showed up in a huge way in this one and performed. Paul George also was pretty good in the ballgame. You can't not say uh, outside the four turnovers, at least he wasn't seven of nine eighteen points, two of three from distance, hit some impossible shots, but who cares. Norman Powell was the best player out there in the court. Twenty six points on ten shots. Twenty six points on ten shot attempts is crazy efficiency. Why because he went six of eight from three guys. He's doing it over and over and over again right now. This is not looking like a fluke from Norman Powell. This is looking like a guy who's taking advantage of his opportunity. He just went five of eight last game against San Antonio from three, three of six. Before that, four of eleven, five of ten, seven of eleven. He's had two bad shooting games from the outside total, and just six really good games from three. He was shooting forty five percent from three heading into this one. That's only going up. He just hit seven twenty five percent of his attempts from three. Here it into a dome and outplayed Paul George. He said it addition by subtraction. He's backing up his talk right now. He is, and this Clippers team backed up a big victory where he wondered if they could carry over the momentum winning that game against San Antonio coming back down twenty six into tonight's ballgame. They did it worked. It wasn't perfect. They were down after the first quarter, but that third quarter they won it thirty three to seventeen, and in that third quarter Philly went oh of eight from three. The Clippers started cooking. Paul George had ten plus points in that third quarter. Didn't have a great game, and the Clippers still ran away with this one. It should be. James Harden had a great third quarter, even though he was just five or fifteen, one of six from three, just eighteen points, six assists to six turnovers, had a really bad one late, even with him looking tired. Here was James Harden in the third to the free throw line.
Speaker 6: He goes up a left hand off for one, knowing in Harden gets a buncket. Is first to the half to the free throw line. He goes up a left hand off for one doing in harding gets a buncket, is first to the half.
Speaker 5: Harden sounthrings into the front door.
Speaker 6: There's the left hand of the far wing. Next he comes to close hard and step back three hands it.
Speaker 5: James Harden had five points at the half he left the third quarter was seventeen. He had twelve points in that third quarter and really made a push the second half of the third. Clippers needed it. They led eighty four to sixty eight heading into the fourth, and they really never looked back. Timely shots and timely threes like these. The three's left the.
Speaker 6: Right norm step to right wing, three dampu X kicks it coffee left corner, three ferries it. What a dime from Norm as he sets up a mere coffee from that corner, finds coffee a left corner. Three thereri'es it a here coffee all chords, left corner of Norm. Pump fakes side step three ball bottoms. Norman Pale stairs to the bench of Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Norman Palell sending a message. He can do this. He can be a consistent starter in this league for a winning ball club. That's what he's out to prove. Right now he's doing it. Clippers win one, ten to ninety eight over Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Here and into a dome, quick time out. We'll come back. Remember we got Clippers talk coming up on a five seventy LA Sports. If you want to get on early eight sixty six nine eight seven two, five seventy is the phone number. I'm Adam Oslin, live from into a dome. After another great victory by this Clippers squad, can they turn it into a winning streak? Make it three in a row? We'll talk about that. They'll be in Sacktown on Friday. You're listening to Los Angeles Clippers Audio.
Speaker 2: Network throws it up.
Speaker 7: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 4: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers, take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 5: Clippers win one, ten to ninety eight over Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers. They send them home packing from home. I don't know where they're going next, but they're leaving the arena with the loss. They are one in six on the season. Clippers improved a four and four. Clippers shot the free throw as well. Sixteen of nineteen Clippers had five players in double figures scoring wise, seven players with two plus assists. That's what I'm talking about. Twenty seven assists on forty one made shots is a very high assist percentage. This was special. I love this performance, even with the amount of turnovers and some sloppy play late by the young guys. Look, Paul George played well seven to nine shooting, had a team high or tied a team high of eighteen points for Philly. But they're one in six. Only twelve teams have made the playoffs since the NBA ABA merger after starting one for six, one and six Since nineteen seventy six, teams that start off the season one and six. Only twelve teams since nineteen seventy six have made the playoffs. I think Philly still will. I still think they have a great chance to be a top five team in the East. Once Embiid comes back. They might win at a seven hundred win percentage. They can turn this around quickly, and not all these teams had an opportunity to make it through the play and since it goes back to nineteen seventy six, but we aren't concerned about out them. It's about the Clippers and if they can get above five hundred with the victory Friday night up in Sacramento, taking on the Kings, a package of rival, a quality opponent on the road where they are too and zero so far on the road, Clippers improved a four and four. They win one, ten to ninety eight here into a dome at home, domes home over Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers didn't look like any B team tonight, Lakers lost, Clippers won, Paul George's team lost because the Clippers won. Hmmm, more on that coming up on Clippers Talk. We'll get petty with it. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Outside of Los Angeles. We were leaving you until Friday night. Clippers up in Sacramento taking on the Kings, tip off at seven pregame at six outside of LA, leaving you until then in LA. It's Clippers Talk next.
Speaker 1: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended.
Speaker 4: Jarding jud And this has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's.
Speaker 2: Game, every game all season long.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network, phoning in.
Speaker 2: You're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 2: Here we are and.
Speaker 4: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, if I was greaty Paul George's performance, i'd day was about a B B level performance. As he loses to the team he called the B team in LA, his former team in the Los Angeles Clippers. They win one, ten to ninety eight over pg's Philadelphia seventy six ers here and into it Dome, Welcome into Clippers Talk. I'm Adam Oslin feeling a little bit spicy to after this one with the signage I saw here, with the booing going on, with the Clippers gain the victory, and Norman Powell out playing Paul George the guy he is replacing in the starting lineup with his scoring production. Wow, we have a moment though. Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, this is.
Speaker 4: LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles, and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number if you would like to get on people in the chat at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side saying I love that play when dun stole it from Paul George, even though Paul George hit a couple of ridiculous fadeaways to start the fourth quarter on Chris Don and one of them also with a double team with Niko Batoom there, even though he went seven to nine from the floor. He only had eighteen points, he had four turnovers. I thought he was okay. I thought I'd give it a B. That's my grade. A be for Paul George in this one, as in, you gotta be better against this Clippers team and this defense that just held the Philadelphia seventy six ers to ninety eight points. So Clipper Nation, you won the individual battle and you won the war winning the ballgame individual battle against Paul George. I knew this one meant a lot to you. And there was a tribute video early on. I heard a couple of booze, but mostly cheers, I would say during that, but every time Paul George touched the basketball, the wall was loud. It stood out. It was impressive. Now the signage, I don't know. Some might think it's out of pocket. I'm interested to hear if someone asked Paul George postgame about people holding up five huge poster boards that said peachee, think before you speak.
Speaker 3: Whoo.
Speaker 5: That is cold blooded. That is what happens, though, when you call your former team the B team, when you take shots at the organization, say you were stabbed in the back. I don't think he was ever stabbed in the back. I think they offered him one hundred and fifty million dollars and he didn't take it because he felt jilted that they offered it to Kawhi first and he did take it. If that's the case, Philly was always offering the max. He knew it was out there. He wonted no trade clause. That wasn't gonna happen either. They did not do him dirty. They treated him well. He had that performance in the bubble and they paid him right afterwards handsomely. Even after the performance against Dallas and Derek Jones j in the first round this past season, they still were offering the one fifty. I don't think there's anyone in a position to complain there if I'm in Paul George's camp. Yet it happened, So you get it out of your system and there will come a time where you're gonna look back at this and say, hey, he was an all time great Clipper, top five clipper ever. Helped them get to the Western Conference Finals for the first time tonight. Though I get the energy everybody was coming with, I have mixed feelings. I ended up seeing the tribute video early as I was here, you know, three hours before the game, and I got a little bit emotional just thinking of that run, thinking of Paul George stepping up in Game five against Utah and what he was able to do without Kawhi Leonard when everybody thought he was going to fail. Coming off of what happened in the Bubble, the Bubble Bubble La Pizza I did it made me nostalgic. I was thinking about Noah eaglesum big brother, Jake Warner. He's still a part of the TM squad here with the Clippers. That was a special run Reggie Jackson's on Philly. So all this stuff is creating some conflicting thoughts and emotions tonight. But in the end, all I care about is getting that W and the Clippers being able to hold Paul George down enough four turnovers, and there were some bad ones, a mere Coffee hitting a big three pointer in the far side corner on PG. Thirteen in the fourth quarter as he was cheating defensively, they caught him. And how about the guy who's taking over and picking up the slack without Paul George, Norman Storman Powell, Are you kidding me? Look at the three point shooting the last two games, make it three, make it four, make it five, make it make sense. Six of eight tonight five of eight, last game three of six before that, four of eleven, five of ten. Like he is on a heater. He was shooting forty five percent from three heading into this one, and he just went seventy five percent from three on six of eight shooting. And I think there was a little something extra between him and Paul George. Did you see some of those head to head possessions out there where they reguarding each other. They both exchanged fouls in the fourth quarter. But norm Pal had six assists, and I think it was the best game passing wise from norm Pal in his Clippers tenure, I really do. He had a between the legs pass in traffic. He went between the legs and then had a kickout to the near side corner in the third quarter to Terrence Man for a three, and then a few possessions later he found airplane mode skying for a right handed hammer dunk on an oop from Norman Powell. The passing is the best I've ever seen it. Impressive. We heard about this part of his game. He had been working on it more responsibility when it comes to playmaking, guys, Norman Powell is backing up his talk when people would say often Paul George wasn't backing up his I'm gonna be on my bully stuff. Norman Palell said him leaving was additioned by subtraction, and he's backing it up. That's what's happening right now. That's what has materialized for this Clippers team. Normous playing like a damn All Star. I said early on in the game, I said, get Norman Palell into the three point Contest. Forget that, get him into the All Star Game. If he keeps playing like this, do both. He should have been in the three point Contest last season. He shot forty four percent from three. That doesn't make any sense. Why wasn't he invited? He was one of the best. Norman Powell is a badass and he was here to perform and prove something. Tonight, we'll take a quick time out. We'll get your phone calls. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Clippers win one ten to ninety eight over the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Hear it into it dome. Paul George starts off his post Clippers late career resume with an l to his former team. It was just a beat level performance, that's what I saw from him. I don't know, maybe I got to review the tape. Be team with the win one ten to ninety eight over the Sixers. And you're listening to Clippers Stock here on five seventy. LA Sports throws.
Speaker 1: It up, the window finishes in the fowl.
Speaker 7: Los Angeles Clipper Nation, this is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts RADIOIP.
Speaker 5: Welcome home, Paul George, but unfortunately we can't let you get the victory. That's what Clipper Nations saying tonight. Clippers win one ten to ninety eight here and into a dome over their old friend and Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers welcome back in. I'm out of Maslin. This is your postgame show, Clippers Talk. If you're on the chat side, it's at Clipperstock on YouTube. Let's get to the phones. Man eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Tagus in Walnut tagous, what's up here on Clippers stock with out.
Speaker 8: Of mazelind, what's up at? What a win? H Norman Powell. He's playing like a damn all star and this is not really a fluke, especially at three point shooting. An even last year we thought that, or at least you and I were talking about last year, that he should have been in the three point contest, and he's only furthering that point right now. And it's kind of crazy. Every time he shoots the ball, Aren't you thinking it's going to go in right every time? And this is like, we're surprised.
Speaker 5: So he's twenty three for his last forty three from three tages, twenty three for his last forty three from three. That's fifty three percent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and if he you know, and he's going to continue probably this hot shooting like this crazy, but he can give you twenty a game, and he's proving that. So when Kawi comes back, they still have three twenty point scores out there at any given time with hard.
Speaker 5: All the time stages. His name has been brought up in trade talks. I'm guilty of this too, you know. Over the last two summers, people have brought up trading Norman Powell, like, well, maybe you can get something from Norman Powell. That's been the guy's name who's been thrown around, and he looks as indispensable as ever now.
Speaker 8: I don't think we have a win without him right now. But as far as Paul George and you know, uh, I kind of have some Mike feeling just like you about him. Yeah, it's you know, I always said that his greatest shot as a Clipper came Game five, Utah, with like a minute forty left. We were up four and he has it and one on Roy Sanio and that shot kind of basically locked us in for a game six. To me, that was the greatest, his greatest Clipper shot. It had the most meaning behind it. But as far as him, like, you know, when he was a Clipper, we always heard from him after a bad game. During that time, he would take responsibility, you know that he you know, he should played better than that sort of thing. But then during the summers he always kind of went away from that, and whether it was a coaching or needing a point guard or something else, he never owned it. And it was just a lot of you know, to mix emotions with him. But what I think, you know, he obviously made the best business decision, and we made the best decision as a franchise. Now, I also, you know, I heard a lot of things, but I haven't really heard anyone talk about you know, during this whole process of negotiations, Jerry West was part of it and it was only to end like when he just passed away, probably a month before he signed. I think Jerry West was probably on board of you know, not offering him, you know, exactly what he wanted or yeah, go trade close or whatever it was. The front office had the blessing to Jerry West of what to do, and I could take good, take solace in that knowing that you know, Jerry West was also being the visionary that he was and judging of talent and how much he had left what made sense for the franchise moving forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I get it to just I think that's a fabulous point. I think that is well put that Jerry West was still that big voice in the room with a lot of weight when it came to those discussions of what to do about Paul George. So I appreciate the phone call my friend good insight as always, but this Clippers team, like, I'm not going off this one game to say it was the right decision, like to pay two hundred million. So you're over the second apron. You stay over it too long, you can have your picks frozen or put to the back of the line, your first round picks when they get them back. That's very concerning. You also couldn't have Chris Done on this team. You couldn't have Nico back on this team. You couldn't have Derreck Jones Junior back on this team. They have a ton of flexibility moving forward because when people say and it's so foolish to say, and I heard Draymond Green say it, and maybe he's biased because he wanted Paul George be a Golden State Warrior, but he acted like, well, they got nothing for Paul George. Wrong. They got under the first apron because he left. That got them Derreck Jones Jr. That got them, Chris Done, that got them, Nico Batoom. You think those guys didn't impact the games tonight, think Derek Jones Jr. And his fourteen points on five of six shooting, a big three, couple of huge dunks didn't impact the game. You think Nico Batoom a plus eleven in his twenty minutes, seven points, knock down a three pointer, big jumper when they needed actually also to answer, I think it was one from Paul George. You think Chris Donne and his defense hasn't been huge. He was a plus seventeen and eighteen minutes, like hounding Paul George, even though he hit a couple of those shots. I'm hearing people say, well, you guys are lucky Paul George couldn't play more. It's like, wait a second, he only got up nine shots. Guys, he got up nine shots in twenty four minutes. Maybe he would have played more if the game was closer. They did a good job denying him getting up more shots, or at least he just wasn't aggressive enough. What are we talking about? You're lucky Paul George didn't play more, He didn't win his minutes. He was a minus eleven in his twenty four minutes. They'll see each other in three weeks. I'm sure Paul George, we'll have something to say in that game if they're fully loaded, especially with Joe Ellenbiid. But tonight, I know Clipper name is feeling good? Quick time out eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. You're listening to Clippers Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports throws.
Speaker 7: It up the window finishes in the foul Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts RADIOIP ninety.
Speaker 5: Eight over Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Hear it into it Dome, Welcome back in. I'm out of Maslin. This is Clippers Talk. Whether you're listening on AM five seventy LA Sports or on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk. I appreciate you here. You hear the music. You know what's up next? Big will Updyke After a huge win for the Clippers over Paul George Will how you feeling after this one?
Speaker 3: Man? I could get used to this fishing a game without clutch time? Are you kidding me? Back to back wins? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Loving it?
Speaker 5: How about that last two wins didn't even end up in clutch time and this one was over with about three and a half minutes left. Coach luculd comfortably pull the starters, even for some bad minutes for the backups. But we thought, you know, they're gonna have to play close games all year.
Speaker 1: I guess not in this one, right, No, not in this one at all.
Speaker 5: So the Paul George situation, I got people in the chat acting like he had a great game because he went seven of nine. I gave him a B for this game. I'm giving him a B. It was a B level game for Paul George. I may be taking a shot there with his B team comment. I thought he was fine. He hit some really tough shots, but he only got up nine. So I think the Clippers did their job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I would agree one hundred percent. Look, it was if you're a Clippers fan, I believe it started with a turnover. It was. It was very much, but we're kind of used to seeing and again, still still some high still very efficient offensively, maybe not maybe not the greatest performance, but it is only the second game with them, you know. I'm not gonna rag on too hard on that, but I did like the way that the fans got every everybody involved. They were very lively. That's gotta be one of the more lively returns of a player I've ever seen. And he still got his flowers though during the tribute video, even if there was a little where's Paul though reference, which I thought was just the icing on the cake.
Speaker 5: I mean, he wore the costume like he loved it. If he couldn't realize that they were showing off the fun side of Paul George, that's the way I took that. Now, there's some comments postgame from Paul George. First on into a dome, he said, quote, it was great. I wish it would have been a little bit more packed out. I didn't think it was quite packed for this.
Speaker 1: Own.
Speaker 5: Now on the Booze, Regardless, Booze, you.
Speaker 3: Haven't checked these quotes. I one of the great joys of this season has not been having to watch Paul George put his foot in his mouth.
Speaker 5: Here we go Paul George's postgame on the Booze quote. I mean, it's stupid. I was a free agent. It wasn't something that I demanded a trade or win against the team. There were cheers. I appreciate them. Those were the ones I played hard for the booze I didn't get it. I don't think he realizes that he dug his own grave when he called them the B team, when he said he was stabbed in the back. You talk out of both sides of your mouth enough. People aren't gonna forget that. And did you see the sign that was out there tonight, Will did you see the signage that was there saying PG I think before you speak, that was whoa. That was cold, that was harsh.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant advice that he will never heed. But uh, it's I mean, that's the thing, right, Like had he gone, you know, it was it was like a you know, like a slow moving train wreck or something. The whole season, like we knew that this was We knew as these conversations about the extension continued to stall, this was more than not where likely where we were headed. And I think that had it just been that, it would have been fine. It would not have been a big deal. He's the one who had to editorialize the whole thing and like put as a whole spin And it's always somebody else's fault, never has anything to do with Paul George. He's only ever doing the right thing. And I think that's like what really gets the people because like, had it just been as simple as that, like, man, we get it, seventy million dollars, No, like that, that's not an incomprehensible difference there in terms of what you could stand to make, especially if it's going to be your last big contract. I just don't think there would have been any hard feelings about that. It's just the way that he has to It's just the way that he has to put spin on everything. But I think just gets really tiring, especially as someone who or I'm not even just myself, but all the fans who followed him so closely, who were so excited for this pairing, and you know, through no fault of either of their own for the most part, because most of it is injuries. There were some roster things that we're not gonna have to dig into right now, but you know, for the most part, not his fault. And for people who did follow him so close and did stick up for him through a lot of stuff. Man, Like I've been at it with some people who had some backboard shots, you know, who keep bringing up the backboard shot thing from the bubble, even though even with the incredible playoffs that he had following that, But it just gets to a point, man where it's like, I can't do this anymore, and I think the fans have kind of had enough. He kind of drove, he drugged this fan base on the way out, and it's not like he gave us the easiest time while he was here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I completely understand, and you can back up a lot of what you're saying here Clippers Talk. It's a big will Updyke from the Cliffs and podcast after the Slippers win one ten to ninety eight here and into it Dome over Paul George and the Philadelphia seventy six ers. As I realized he's signed into the link as well. Here, we'll bring him in so you guys can see him on the video side. I know right now you might not be able to hear him if you're watching at Clipper's Top, but if you're listening on a five seventy LA Sports, he's coming through loud and clear. And how about Norman Storman Pale. Now, some people didn't want to see him in the starting lineup, but I'm not going to go there. I'm going to talk about Norman Powell and how efficient he's been.
Speaker 1: He already did.
Speaker 5: I'm he's making up for the production lost and then some with Paul George with his efficiency right now, it has been incredible.
Speaker 3: Will Oh, yeah, it's been unreal, especially with James Harden's struggles just from an efficiency standpoint. You know, he's still he's still got gotten around to getting numbers up there more often than not. But uh, yeah, he's been absolutely essential. And you know, we talked a little bit about how you know, there was some criticism already coming down on tylu about like what how can we have stints of this team as currently constructed without one of Norm Powell or James Harden on the floor. That's just how quickly the conversation changed from should he even be in the starting lineup?
Speaker 5: Too?
Speaker 3: What are we doing without Norm Powell on the floor at any given time? So I think it's absolutely incredible and this is not it's not unexpected, you know what I mean. Like he was he was always a guy that if you get if you gave him a little bit larger of a role, he was gonna be able to still that. It's like a goldfish, you know, they can grow to the size of the enclosure. I think something like that. Uh, but you know, you get you give him, you give him a brighter spotlight, He's gonna shine brighter. And I think that he is gonna easily average twenty plus points this season. Uh, the efficiency probably won't continue with the same absurd clip that it's at right now. But we also got to talk about how you know, I was concerned about the size. I think what we've seen from him on the defensive end of the floor in terms of like just effort and ground covered quite frankly, has also been pretty impressive. I mean, he is not like, he's not a slouch in that area, and everybody across this team is overperforming. You're looking at the second ranked defense in the NBA right now, and given once again, given the size constraints, I still do think that that is pretty damn impressive. That's basically one, all right, in my book, that is one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a play in the fourth quarter where he died up Paul George hard. A foul was called on Norm pal and coach lou was clapping for him, loving the aggressive defense there. That individual battle was fun to watch in this one was fault Paul George. Then fouled him on the other end right afterwards, but he is will Apdyke from Cliffs and Dip fame. Will thanks for doing this tonight after a huge victory for Clippernation in many ways. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely, I hope to be back on after the boys are in Sacramento and then again on the back to back when they're calm Saturday night. So let's go clip. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Body Will only comes on after W's If you didn't know it's in his contract, well take a quick time out, Oh come back. Eight six six ninety seven, two five seventy is the phone number Clippers take down Paul George and the seventy six ers one ten to ninety eight. Hear it into a dome and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network in the M five to seventy, LA Sports throws.
Speaker 7: It up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 4: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 5: Win one tens to ninety eight. Back to back victories here and into it dome. We wondered what would happen after coming back down twenty six. Can the Clippers make it a winning streak? Winning up North against the Kings on Friday night would do that, But they beat Paul George in the seventy six Ers one ten to ninety eight here tonight, as some people in the chat still can't realize that if they had Paul George on the team, they wouldn't have been able to do the sign and trade for Chris Dunn when they trade Russell Westbrook back to Utah again, just to make the point of not signing Paul George and what it was able to do for the team, because they were under the first apron. With Paul George, they'd be over the second apron. Therefore, they wouldn't have been able to do that sign and trade for Chris Dunn. Some people in the chat can't understand that, so they're having a hard time tonight. They're having a hard time tonight. But that's okay. We keep moving. It's not about that people in the struggle. Clippers are not Clippers win one ten to ninety eight over the Philadelphia seventy six Ers. Proud of this team bouncing back after losing three in a row and it was a gut check time down twenty six against San Antonio on Monday. Wondered if something would be born out of that. We'll see love the effort tonight, love seeing a victory over PG. Well, I still will have fond memories of and we'll appreciate for his time as a Clipper, and when all things are said and done, we'll be talking about him being a top five Clipper of all time. But tonight, this Clippers team, they got the victory. That's what's important. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimenez on the call, big Brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer here at the Dome, k Newton back in the bank, our producer until Friday night with the pregame show starting at six up in sack Town, Clippers taking on the Kings. I will be leaving you unless you're at Clippers Talk on YouTube. We'll be back in forty five minutes with some Clippers Talk after dark. Oh we're getting spicy with it.
Speaker 4: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network don't miss a single edition all season, long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 4: And make sure to follow Wherever You Podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Baby,