Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a cockpit before it?
Speaker 2: Hey, thirty two on a Thursday means it's time for iHeart Media aviation expert Jay rat Left, Jay Ratliff, Welcome back, my friend. Always enjoy talking to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning. It's it's a meme stock week. You know the memes are backs.
Speaker 2: Oh, I read a couple of articles about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, just leave them alone. Krispy Kreme open Door Coles. Yeah, they've been flying up. That social media frenzy is what drives them up. And Brian, a few people make a great deal of money, but most everybody else loses and loses a lot. So if you see the headlines, just avoid that emotional tug and leave it alone because they're not good They're not good news.
Speaker 2: Isn't it the case that once you see it in the news, that's whatever meme stock is going through the roof that you've already missed the opportunity, and if you invest any money in it, you're going to be in a downward trajectory in terms of your return.
Speaker 1: That's about it. Because it's a pump and dump for a reason. Yeah, and that's exactly what happens. And you know you hear your friend bragging about how much money he made, which may or may not be true, and you feel like you've missed out. So even though the stock's up, you know, four hundred and eighteen percent, you know, Brian, it could go up more. So I'm going to put.
Speaker 2: Money in it's right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, it's just that fear of missing out, that emotional it just tug is just too much for some people. And you just walk away and leave me alone. I remember Game Stop four years ago, that was trading eighteen nineteen dollars a share and it's peaked a few days later. It was five hundred and some dollars in pre market before it just came crashing down. It's just it's insane. Just just leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess the key is knowing which meme stock is going to pop and buying it before it pops. Who's the insider that knows the answer to that question.
Speaker 1: That's why, that's who the sec would be talking to.
Speaker 2: I guarantee that when you're talking.
Speaker 1: About manipulate, manipulate the price of a stock. But it's a lot right now. I mean, forget the memes, we have somebody stocks right now that are at all time highs and continue to push higher. The question is, you know, how much further can these stocks go before there's some sort of a natural pullback that we that we see in stocks. And I'm not one of these individuals that you know, get on people too hard, but you know, when they go after stocks at all time highs? Do they do that with anything else in their life? Do they go buy cars but only if they're high enough? Or clothes? No, they got to be a little bit higher before I buy those. I understand we're talking about investments, but the whole bit is it's it's totally different than what we look at on any other type of purchase. It's going through the roof, and we still want to buy it instead of waiting for there to be a pullback and then buying it at a discount making a great deal of money. Like Warren Buffett and so many others do.
Speaker 2: Well daytrade fund dot coms where you find Jay Ratliffe, you can learn how to trade stocks and avoid these pitfalls. And I'll probably get an email maybe an or so from now, telling Jay telling me how much money he made while we were having this conversation. Jay ra No, I get a kick out of it. Honestly, Jay, So I think.
Speaker 1: A kick might be the right word if you want to kick me, But yeah, no, I just.
Speaker 2: Give your hard time anytime. Hang on, brother, We got aviation things to talk about, and I got an update here an interesting allegation regard of the Indian aircraft incident that Boeing crash. So we'll talk about that right out of the gate and get to the topics that he provided me. Just don't go away, be right back, Hey thirty eightif about Kercity Talk station Bryan Thomins. When I heard med aviation thing for Jay Ratler, I know it's going to be a long, slong before we finally get the final report on the Indie aircraft investigation, the June twelfth craft that involved the engine cut off, and the question is swirling around that NTSP investigator Greg Fith quoted as saying, it has become very apparent, especially now with information I know and what's come out of the cockpit voice recorder where the question is heard, why did you cut off the fuel? That somebody had to have seen that action to make the statement, So you just wouldn't have a dual engine failure. He said, something had to prompt that type of comment. Now we get to the psychology part of it, and that's really where this investigation is going to go. And oh, by the way, it's no longer an accident, it's investigated as a criminal event. So that's the direction this Air India crash has turned. They had another separate investigation. Apparently there was nothing wrong with the fuel control switches. They worked and operated properly, so, in other words, they couldn't just be bumped into and switched off. Given the mechanics of the switch that prevent that from happening.
Speaker 1: Well, you and I talked about how you have to grab the switch, pull it up it's the spring loaded, put it back over the what the middle bumper thing is, and then slide it back down into the position either on or off. And it's a deliberate type of thing that you would consciously do. It wouldn't be something that you could bump and accidentally happen. And since it's the switch that act allows the fuel to flow to the engine, Yeah, you want it to be designed that way and it is. So the investigation comes out and they give us the initial kind of briefing from the cockpit voice recorder showing that one of the pilots had said to the other, without naming which one said it, why did you shut off the engines as far as the fuel flow? Yeah, and pass The other one replied, I did not, and then you kind of hear the raised concern and then panic. They're turned back on. But the aircraft is such a low altitude you don't have time for both engines to fully respond. One was in the process of responding, but not enough to provide the necessary lift, the second one not quite yet. So now you're looking at the possibility of an accidental oops, I did that, or a deliberate type of situation. Apparently it was the first officer that was in charge of the aircraft itself, so the captain with fifteen thousand flight hours would have been monitoring everything. He would have been the one that I suspect that would have been the one that might have accidentally intentionally, we don't know, switched the fuel off to both engines because the first officer would have been involved in the aircraft itself as far as flying it, so we don't know. And when you get into intentions or what might have happened, anything outside of hard, critical evidence, Brian, it's going to be impossible for us to determine exactly what happened here. And that's the saddest part is because the captain was preparing to retire so he could spend time with his ailing father and nothing that at least initially suggests any sort of a mental distress. He had issues with his mom passing a few years before that required some assistance, but I mean, I certainly don't fault anybody for that, and a lot of people that I've talked to in the pilot to community are saying, it's really unfair for us to get this small little snippet from the cockpit voice recorder instead of the entire recording, as far as the transcript so that we can see exactly what was transpiring before that might have alluded to a little bit more of this. So it raises a lot more questions. But the sad reality is absent of a very clear mechanical situation or something else, we don't know for sure, and that means that we're not going to be able to honor the lives of those that were killed by learning and making aviation safer. It's going to have a big fat question mark over this because we're just going to have to give it our best assessment on what might probably happen. And when you're talking about the all star teams that are involved in this type of an investigation, they want specifics, they want answers, they want both sides of that balance sheet to come out. And when you can't provide an answer for a question, it just it means forever we're not going to know what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and maybe that's a a sound reason for putting video cameras in cockpits, so there's no speculation as to who did what and when. Yes, the recorder does indicate that the switch was turned off, but that doesn't answer the why question or who did it question that we're talking about and struggling with here, which, as you indicate, we'll probably never know.
Speaker 1: So in Pilot's fight the camera in the cockpit, they have fought that big time because they're saying it prevents them or could be used against them in a non accident type of thing for further later disciplinary action if something is uncovered or seen or what have you.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what video cameras are for, Jay, And.
Speaker 1: If you don't own the airline that you work for. I don't know that you necessarily have a say in this. But the union's very powerful and they prevented this from happening. I know that trucks have them, trains have them, other types of transportation. You know, devices had those, but they've been able to be kept out of the cockpit. And to me, yeah, it would add another piece to the puzzle, allowing us to see a better picture. And if safety is really our number one priority, I'm sorry if it defends pilots, I'm sorry if they find it uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Oh Dan, I don't have any sympathy from them at all on that standpoint. Were surrounded by Yeah, safety comes first, the passengers come first. We're deserving of answers to questions why the damn airplane fell out of the sky. That's Air Egypt, it's some Malaysian aircraft. I mean, any number of these, although I guess you couldn't find the video recorder with the air Malaysian because they couldn't find the damn plane anyway. Earlier, I guess we had an Antonov eight and twenty four plane crash, Russian plane. I know there were two early on details on this, But you did see that was reporting a twin turboprop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the aircraft itself was about fifty years old, which normally is really an issue in the Enist States because oh, yeah, fifty it's a twin engine in the turboprop aircraft. But Brian, like, if I'm not talking Russia, I'm talking about here in the United States. If you've got an older airplane, it's constantly being rebuilt, the engines, I mean, every aspect of it. Now, when we're talking about a Russian plane that old, who knows. Because they've had a situation with replacement parts and things that have been in part because of the embargo. They've had a very hard time finding parts because when the war with Ukraine broke out, there were a lot of suppliers that stopped selling them replacement parts, so they had to kind of candle up campbalize parts from other aircraft hoping that they would fit kind of thing, what have you. But on this particular one, there's a video of the aircraft apparently in operation over the mountains moments before the crash, and there did not appear to be any indications of operational distress. Both engines seem to be running, no smoke coming from the aircraft anything like that, but apparently crashed into a mountain about nine miles from the airport. They had a total of forty three passengers six crew members, so a total we're total of forty nine souls on board. The video of the wreckage site. Uh, I mean there could be survivors, but we don't know because there's not much left. But it's just a situation where you know, it's hard to reach where this was at, and they're going to get there and conduct the search and rescue and then it'll turn into a recovery mission after that. But h I don't know exactly what that cause was. But Brian, I don't think you could consciously get me onto a Russian airport of any kind.
Speaker 2: Anywhere fair enough. They're keeping them in the air of the way Boeing manufactures them, going to the spare parts pack that.
Speaker 1: Would connect those dots. But I can tell you that, I mean, their their safety record has just not been as comfortable as we would like it to be. And it's just it's a situation that it's just if I'm going to err on the side of caution and I'm going to and in every aspect that I can, getting on board a Russian airliner is just not something I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Low order a priority for Jay Ratlift. Let's pause and bring you find out what text? What is a Family on the Fly program? We'll talk about that a couple more topics where we part company this morning, stick around, be right back. Fifty five KRC the talk station a neighbor, Oh my god, eight fifty here fig about their CD talk station in Bronzana is doing this thing we call Aviation Day with I heard met the aviation next birth Jay Ratliffe. Jay, flipping over to some topics you provided Family on the Fly program. The TSA did this. What's this?
Speaker 1: It's a separate line for families screening line at the airport. It's a it's going to be a trial situation first or rolling it out in Charlotte and I believe Orlando where those with families can go to this specific line. There's a little bit more room as parents many times need with their kids traveling, and it's designed for people that are flying with families, maybe they haven't flown that much whatever, and it's going to be a little bit slower of a process. But what it does it kind of gets everybody that's flying with kids over in one spot, so that the men and women that are flying on business that kind of zip through security to do so without being behind a lot of people that maybe would slow things. Now. It's a great move from the TSA. In fact, it's one of those things like ge, why didn't we think about this before? Because it's going to be good for the families and it's going to be good for others as they kind of get through the security checkpoint. So I'm thrilled to see it. I think they've got another line that's being made available for the military as well. Those types of things. The TSA is always looking to try to expedite the process of getting us through the security checkpoint. And it's a really good one because it's going to make things a little bit easier, especially with people flying with kids. I know a lot of times those of us with kids, if they start to slow things back, we feel guilty because we're slowing the process behind us. This is going to alleviate some of that, and I think it's going to be very well received. Again, those two airports first and then after that, it's going to spread out to other airports across the country once some of the bugs it worked.
Speaker 2: Out, all right, Well, I kind of had I wanted to ask you about this Delta regional jet and had to what duck, dip, dodge, dive and duck to get out of the way of a B fifty two bomber. What's what happened here?
Speaker 1: Well, the B fifty two was doing a fly by over a fare and anytime that's done, they communicate that long in advance with federal AB's administration. Here's our plans, here's our flight plan. All of it's approved, and typically, you know, the local airports made aware of it, and you know everybody's on the same page. It was not the case here because apparently the regional jet was where it should be should have been, and the military aircraft was flying on its predetermined and approved flight path. So all of a sudden you have the regional pilots the Delta Commuter regional jet look up and they see this aircraft off to the side, thing of WHOA, what's going on here? Weren't expecting that, and there was a little bit of confusion from air traffic control. The there which is not better employees. It's a separate company that manages that particular one on exactly the course that the regional jet needed to take, and it was the Delta captain that took the initiative to take that airplane in essence, fly back behind the B fifty two as it passed, and it was a pretty severe bank when you listened to the passengers that were on board the flight, and you know, they turned around and got back in line and land, and when they did, the Delta pilot came on board and told the passengers, okay, here's why we had to do what we did, and was very transparent, and the people on board the flight were very appreciative of that because they knew something had happened, they just didn't know what. And the captain of it was its Endeavor Air. It's a flight operating as a Delta connection. The captain explained, look, that's not normal, that normally doesn't happen, and apologized for some of those anxious moments. But you know, again, a very good job and we can learn from this, which again makes aviation safer absent of anybody getting hurt or killed, and that's always a good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I imagine it shocked the hell out of when the piles looked over and saw a B fifty two right there, Well that plane.
Speaker 1: That are looking at the window saying I can see the ground straight down because they were tipped I mean a pretty good angle when he was banking that bad boy. But you know, these men and women that the fly these planes are I mean a lot of them are former military and very well trained, and you know, they just respond, they react and they don't sit there and think. And you know, it's a situation where you know, they do what they need to do and they understand they've got other people's lives at their you know, in their hands, and they've got to do everything that they can to protect the people, the souls on board the aircraft. So yeah, they did a good job. And again there was a breakdown in communication somewhere. I S'll just have to find out where it was at. But you know, we're so so not so far removed from that January since situation where we have the helicopter crash of the helicopter in the regional aircraft is like, you know, who shut her? Here we go again. But you know, it ended well and we're gonna learn from.
Speaker 2: It real quick.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: What's it like for travel out there today? Air travel?
Speaker 1: You know, from a thunderstorm stampoint, we get a lot of storms. They're going to be like you know, giving New Orleans and Des Moines, Iowa Ago. But as far as from a hut standpoint, not really much out there. Those afternoon aggravating thunderstorms that are popping up all over the place that are slowing things down by thirty to forty five minutes, but Brian, they're minimal. So if you picked today to fly, you picked a good one. There's going to be some turbulence out there as you fly, just keep your seat belt on. It's not dangerous, just uncomfortable. And yeah, get to the airport early because we got a lot of people that are flying.
Speaker 2: Jay Rall, thanks so much for the time you spent my listeners and me every Thursday, and best of health. Loved you and your better half. I'll look forward to next Thursday and another great discussion.
Speaker 1: Brian my feelings as well, So I have a great thank you brother.
Speaker 2: It's a fifty five come up in fifty six. Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance, Lady Shenanigans out of the Post Office. This discussions are so funny with Dave Williams about Post Office, the energy industry, GOP kind of getting and interfering in free markets. Plus new recycling regulations which prohibit new recycling. Interesting concept. Corey Bowman is in the studio for a couple of segments, and of course Jay Ratliff Podcast fifty five KRC dot Com. Thank you. Sean McMahon covering for Joe Strecker out today. Joe, We'll be back tomorrow and tomorrow we'll also hear from Dave Hatter, Tech Friday and Senator John Houston on a variety of current topics. That's tomorrow the Morning Show. Hope you have a wonderful day and don't go away. Glenn Beck is up next.
Speaker 1: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if I Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 2: Another updates at the top of the hour. Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by