Speaker 1: Good Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome this Friday afternoon of the Tristate and more. Bengals of course play Monday Night against the Dallas Cowboys. But until then, as you may know, Linda Hansen as an author and a podcaster. She's the founder and president of Prosperity one oh one. She's written repeatedly on the issue of from woke to what and going back in time just a little bit. Historically, it used to be employers were equal opportunity. Signs are up everywhere, were equal opportunity. Merit counts. Come and apply your race, your color, your sexual orientation, your gender means nothing. It's about things such as merit, are you good or not? Equal opportunity. Then, for many, many years you went through affirmative action, which is we're going to specifically hire individuals not based necessarily upon merit, but kind of tip the scales toward those who have been underserved in the employment arena. Now, wokeism is rampant, and that is also collapsing from woke to what. Joining you and I now is Linda Hanson and Lenda Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and lending Can you first, tell of the American people what is the definition of woke? And from woke to what what is woke? Before we talk about John Deere and Walmart the federal government, what is the so called definition of woke because right now wokeism maybe on the rocks. Please explain that to the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for allowing me to be on the program. Thank you for the invitation. Woke carries many definitions. I think several people describe it differently. But I would say that wokism is you know, socialism, and it is identity politics. It is really creating division among people and judging people not by the content of their character or by their merit that you were talking about, but by the color their skin, or by their gender or you know why people are chosen because of the oligarchs or the elites decide that they should be what Gism takes away of freedom, and it takes away individuality, and it divides people, and it's something that we need to get out of our society if we're going to keep America free for future generations.
Speaker 1: Then I'll be based upon Meret, explain what happened this the idea of hiring and firing. DEI diversity, and DEI is incorporated into the body politic. It's really into the groundwater. And DEI exists in large ways in corporate America and the universities and colleges and government, et cetera. And as far as DEI, how deep into the body politic? For those marching Marxists who come out of college, how deep is that into their soul? Into their cellular structure. DEI has been pounded into the minds of children, now young adults, and now and the thirties and forties, they dominate companies, dominate universities. Explain how deep into the body politic DEI has been within universities, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is very very deep. Think about what's happened in public education over the last several generations. Right, this has just been permeated into our public education, into our universities. And that is why I feel so called to do what I do, which is helping employers to educate employees about policy issues that affect their jobs. But it's not just about policy issues. It's about you know, first, what is prosperity. Prosperity isn't money, it's human flourishing and freedom. Why do we have the opportunity for that here in America? You know, it seems like in our public education systems and in our universities, they've been taught to hate America. They've been taught to hate anybody who's French, you know, hate the white male, hate anybody who says, you know, transgender men can have babies or can't have babies, or you know, I mean, they're just taught to divide by skin color everything. But I'm saying, look at what America is. We have this absolutely beautiful treasure in our constitution which protects our god given rights. Government doesn't give us our rights, it protects us. And that's one thing we need to re educate these young people about. And I say young because even you know, twenty thirties forties in the workplace don't understand this. So we need to do that. Then we need to help them understand the basic economics of prosperity, which is, you know, a business is what drives the economy. It isn't government. It's business that drives the economy and provides opportunity for people to grow and create wealth, and expand and innovate and that is really important. Then how do you protect that that's becoming informed, involved, and impactful is a basic citizenship. So I'm saying we need to replace this wolf training in the workplace with training that brings back basic understanding of our American system of government and basic understanding of how to protect your own prosperity or your opportunity to flourish and be free.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the worst examples of DEI diversity equity and inclusion would be Disney. I played a year or two ago the Disney training and Disney characters. It used to be the wonderful World of Disney. It was Tinkerbalty and all. It was these characters, and suddenly wokeism and DEI invaded, Disney invaded, John Dare invaded. At the Ford Motor Company, I see a story about the University of Michigan is trying to get rid of DEI and changing it completely. What damage has been done to corporate America who embraces the idea of diversity, equity and inclusion, which is another form of this crimination. What damage has happened to corporate America?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think incredible damage to corporate America. We have well one, they've lost the trust of American people who have common sense, okay, and then two we see a decrease in the performance levels. You know, people should not be picked to be airline pilots or doctors or nurses or dentists or you know, school teachers based on the color of their skin or their declared gender. They should be chosen for those roles based on their merit, based on their capability to do the job. And as we have watched problems with air traffic control, we have watched so many issues in not only corporate America, but in our government sector. We've seen the inefficiency in government. So all these people come up through these you know, universities and sayings, and they go into leadership positions in the government and in corporations and they're clueless. They're absolutely clueless about what really makes the economy work and why our nation is so amazing and so worthy of our work to protect our founding documents or system of government, and it just ends up being chaos. Now, thankfully, I think people are waking up to this, so we can go from wok to awake. We can go from wok to awake. They're waking up to it, but we can't just take something out. It's like I tell customers, or I mean companies, please call me, contact me, go to prosperity one on one dot com. I want to help you replace any of that DEI training with a simple course on basic American civics and economics, like how does policy affect your paycheck? Never telling someone how to, never telling someone what to think, helping them understand what types of things they need to consider when they go to vote. You know, I have done workshops since. One of my favorite stories is one time I was doing a workshop in a business and I was talking to union route drivers who didn't want to be there. It was five thirty in the morning, it was work, and they didn't want to be there, and especially one was rather intimidating to me. So I said, asilum prayer. I said, Lord, I want that one right, And as the presentation went on, his body language open up. Then at the end he said, so let me get this straight right. Those policies up there make it hard for Jim over here to pay my paycheck and my benefits. Why do I want to vote for people who support those policies to which I wanted to jump up and down. But that's what we need to do. And so I tell employers, please, do not be afraid. Employers have been fearmongered into silence, and I say, don't be afraid. Speak truth to your employees about what actually makes a difference in the bottom line of your business, what actually makes a difference so that you can pay their paychecks, you can pay a bonus at the end of the year. Let them know and communicate and when better communication is in the workplace, that encourages loyalty, engagement, retention. I mean that increases the bottom line right there. So not only do we have people who understand how policy affects their paychecks, but then they have a renewed awareness of the blessings and responsibilities of living in a free society.
Speaker 1: And Linda Hansen, with Trump's election, that certainly is in the forefront. The other day, the US Supreme Court had oral arguments on the issue of transgender rights.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching this.
Speaker 1: Panel discussion involving Jordan Peterson, and I love that guy. And the liberals said, you have to treat someone as a self identify So he said, if I look at a person who appears to be a woman, I have to first ask what are your preferred pronouns?
Speaker 3: Instead of saying, can you do a job.
Speaker 1: And he made the point that gender or shall I say, sex, is determined at conception and then revealed at birth. And at that point, whether it's xx or x Y at the moment of conception, that particular unborn little baby as igoat that sex is determined at conception and then revealed at birth. It's immutable. You can't change it. I may want to become a Filipino, but I can't become a Filipino.
Speaker 3: I'm a white male. And he made the point.
Speaker 1: And he's talking to his panel and this one transgender person who works in an ambulance services for a big city hospital, and he asked this person who was transgender him or herself, and said, what if you come up to an accident scene and there's a person there in the backseat and great bodily discomfort who.
Speaker 3: Says, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 1: And so you get into the back seat and you do the things that necessary to reveal that part of the body that delivers a baby, and you look down and you see a penis and this person is telling you I'm having a baby. And you look down and say, well, you can't have a baby, and that that that that's that firefighter slash ambulance worker was shocked with the fact that you may look at somebody and who identifies differently than what they are, but they're not different from what they are the moment of conception. Your sex is not assigned by some as sign or it is what it is xx or x y, and at birth it is revealed. So was it illustrative to say, if a person claims to be female and I'm delivering a baby and that person as a penis, are they a woman? Well?
Speaker 2: You know, the interesting thing is that ambulance driver by saying no, you can't have a baby, you have a penis, might actually in our whole culture, which is hopefully changing now. But you know, they might have been slapped with the lawsuits.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the most crazy thing. But you can't get milk from a bowl, you can't get eggs from a rooster, So I mean, this is just common sense. And I think this is one of the things where you know, they have tried so hard to divide people and to brainwash people into compliance into this, and you know, the American people aren't stupid. We may be ill informed at times, we may be easily fearmongered sometimes, which we have to get past. I tell people, God tells us in the Bible three hundred and sixty five times, do not fear. I'm with you. So it's like there's one for every day. You know, we don't have to fear. But here's the thing, this whole identifying as right. Okay, So does that mean an able bodied athlete can identify as disabled and then go compete in the Paralympics.
Speaker 1: I mean where we're Yeah, yes, absolutely absolutely, that's talk about the specifically, the Ford Motor Company explain and they've caught so much flak. I see stories in the Wall Street Journal. They're two hundred thousand employees backing away from so called DEI explain the Ford Motor Company, the history of the resolution, and then the blowback.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the blowback too has been incredible in terms of people not wanting to abide by this. This left is just transgender DEI crt everything. It's people are fed up, and you know it isn't just Ford. But you look just recently Walmart and I applaud Robbie Starbuck If there's any listener out there who hasn't started following Robbie or landing Starbuck about what they're doing to get these companies to get rid of this ridiculous stuff in the workplace, please do. Walmart just recently decided they're going to take DEI out of their training programs, and they're going to stop funding pride parades, and you know, John Deere and Tractor Supply, these these you know, it's like, did they forget that our customers are I mean, like the farmers and people, Like seriously, you're telling me that people in the Midwest who shop a trust or Supply and drive a John Deere out on their farm are going to like.
Speaker 4: All this stuff. No, No, And.
Speaker 2: We don't want drag shows for preschools, you know, we don't want that, and we don't want these companies funding that. And like what Robbie always says is, we don't have to agree about everything, like they don't have to you know, expouse every single belief that we have. We're just saying, be neutral. Just be a company that sells products and services and is neutral. And now, as I was saying before, I would love to help companies pro something because what I have, my online course, my resources and things are neutral. It really is. It never tells someone who to vote for. It isn't party or anything like that. It's basic understanding. And that's what we need to do. We need to help people understand the basics and be able to come to their mindset themselves. You know, we can't tell them how to think, or we can't tell them what to think. We have to help them learn how to think and not just take things in. We have a culture that has just been spoon fed, and you know, and they come up through I'd like to have your listeners to sink with me. Let's flip the script. They come up through grade school, high school, you know, college, they learn how to hate America, they learn that capitalism is bad. They learn all this and they learn to be entitled. And then they go into the workplace and they're carrying all these values. Like you said, how deep is it?
Speaker 5: How deep?
Speaker 6: It's very deep.
Speaker 2: And they go into the workplace and they demand all this. But they're just in privately held companies alone, there's like sixty million employees, right, So what if a percentage of them started to wake up and realize, wow, you know, we really have a great system of governments here. Yeah, we need businesses to be healthy so that we can have freedom. We need businesses to be healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell.
Speaker 1: You the industry itself, according to the Wall Street Journal, it is about eight billion dollars of an industry around the issue of DEI and transgender rights. And don't make great forward products or great tractors. It's a corporate mission is to change America to the left towards socialism. And for someone to be part of an eight billion dollar industry and have the lend the Hanson's of the world saying we need to change that. You have one hell of a fight ahead of you because at eight billion dollars, they're going to fight like warrior posts to keep their money. But once again, Lenda Hansen, what is your website? How can people contact you? Especially employers and employees. These kids have been indoctrinated, not educated, but indoctrinated with hatred of the country. You don't see too many American flags flying around the UCLA campus. And the difficulty is has taken us about twenty years to get here and may take twenty years to get out.
Speaker 3: What is your website? If any so people can learn more information.
Speaker 2: My website is prosperitywe on one dot com. Please contact me there, and you know, let's help flip the script. I believe employers are the last front here. If employers don't start re educating these twenty thirty forty euros in the workplace, who will Lenda Hanson employers join with me?
Speaker 1: Please because it's one hell of a fight. I see signs online. Keep your hands off our DEI a lot of money at stake. It's not about crucifying the United States of America having equal opportunity based upon merit. And Linda Hanson, you're a great American and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Linda, Well, thank you, God bless America. Let's continue with more now your comments at five, your comments at five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill cunning in the Great American Live at your home of the Cincinnati Bengals and more. News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy cunning into Great American. And of course Monday night, it's going to be a big game. Of course should have been bigger than Montana Dallas hosting the Bengals. We'll see what happens. Beginning the season, each had high hopes. Not so much anymore.
Speaker 3: I think now.
Speaker 1: According to Moeger, there's about a three percent chance to the Bengals making the playoffs, which means they have to win the rest of their games. Everyone else, especially Denver, has to lose the rest of their games. It's possible, but quite unlikely. We'll see what happens. After one o'clock today, we'll be Sergeant FOP President Emeritus, Dan Hills will be here. He's been around about thirty five years. And I think the reason the city does not want to make public what occurred may have to do with things like personal municipal culpability. And the firefighters, I'm told, know exactly what happened, and they're kind of beating around the bush a little bit to get their ducks in a row before someone steps forward and says, this is what occurred. Because what occurred is going to give the City of Cincinnati a black eye, causing Ohioans, Kentuckians, and Hoosiers unbelievable pain and hardship because of the decisions of the City of Cincinnati and it's so called homeless population. A person is not homeless because they don't have a home.
Speaker 4: Eh.
Speaker 1: A person is homeless because they're mentally ill, or because they have drug addiction problems or alcoholism profound. That's why they're homeless. Homelessness is a symptom of something much greater, which are probably three to five hundred individuals and the city of Cincinnat that don't want to go to home with shelters and have ordered their lives in such a way that they have no assets or friends or family members who can take them in, or if they have. Those individuals they engage in behavior that makes their attendance in someone else's home or some apartment building terrible for the landowner or for the parent. Every now and then, I have a mom or dad will call me and say they have an adult child who's deeply mentally ill or addicted to drugs. Alcohol are all three? And how many times have you heard of a loving mother or father that with an adult child in their twenties, thirties, or forties that simply can't get off the bottle or the syringe or paranoid schizophrenia with effective components and cannot get the proper meds lead a more or less normal life. It happens. Believe me, there are thousands of homeowners and moms and dads, those who live in apartments, condos and trailers in the dry estate, that have adult children that cannot conform their behavior to the dictates of the law, and they find themselves on the streets having been accepted back into a home of a friend or family member repeatedly, repeatedly, and they simply will then invite other druggies into the home, or they break up the house, or they steal stuff to get more drugs, and the parent or the brother or the sister or their friend says, I can't take this anymore, I'm done, get out, got to change the locks, whatever. And then that person does not gravitate toward Green Township or Villa Hills. That person gravitates toward downtown Covington or downtown Newport. And having listened to Rob Sanders and others in my home state of Kentucky, they're not too solicitous of individuals living on the streets. They kind of move them along, and the message is sent, you better get to the city of Cincinnati. They'll handle things for you correctly. And so whether it's from Covington or Newport. These individuals will come to the City of Cincinnati because of services. If you're homeless, it's a very nice place to be from most of the year. Right now not so nice, it's too cold. But because of the Ohio River, and because of Fountain Square, and because of all the begging taking place here, and because of the homeless shelters in and around OTR, and because of the food pantries available, because of all the great charities handing out clothing and food, and Cincinnati Downtown is kind of the place to be if you're homeless, and then you try to get yourself straight and you can't, don't have a support system, then you go back. Generally, there's plenty of beds available in the homeless shelter, but there's about three to four hundred that do not want to go there because they can't live the lifestyle they want to live. There's certain basic rules you must follow, which is you can't smoke pot inside, and you can't use drugs inside, and you can't turn tricks inside, and you can't act like a full inside. Otherwise you're kicked out. And it's terrible, it's awful, and so then it's left to law enforcement left to officers like Ken Kober and Dan Hills, etc.
Speaker 3: To deal with this.
Speaker 1: So when I get emails and texts from business owners and OTR that tell me there's homeless, drug addicted individuals high sleeping in their stoops beginning in their businesses in the morning, that parks are overrun with needles, whether Stanbury Park in Mount Washington or Washington Park and OTR, it happens all the time. So the consequence is that businesses are failing left and right all over OTR in downtown because the city and the county and the state have not dealt adequately with those who are mentally ill that become homeless, those that have drug addiction problems and they don't want to get off drugs. Good friend of mine, Sean Donovan, lives in and around Court Street and downtown and we often walk from there to one of the restaurants in o TR. And you see it constantly, especially in the summertime, of hundreds of individuals on the steps of Saint Francis or elsewhere in Washington Park smoking pot which by the way, is illegal in public, or syringes thither and fro and use condoms or not and it's not good, it's not family friendly. What happened with Blink in the middle of October is that the city homeless population population was kind of told you got to get out of here, go down to the High River and we'll let you stay there. There's this seventy two hour requirement that if the city coppers want to rouse a homeless camp from some area they shouldn't be. They have to put up notices that you have to be gone in seventy two hours. As soon as the cop leaves. The first thing that happens is the homeless tear down the seventy two hour notice and they simply then you come to pick up their belongings and dispose of them. Then a fight takes place. Imagine the only thing you have life is a tent and maybe a little bit of a makeshift bed and some minor possessions, generally in a Kroger cart.
Speaker 3: What do you do? The long term solution.
Speaker 1: Is to have a long View state mental hospital facilities available throughout the state and which individuals that are mentally ill or drug addicted have to stay in a long View State type mental hospital that wasn't bond Hill with a big barberiar fence around it, in which they have guards at the gate, and they keep the homeless in those areas until they get help. Many stayed in the facilities their entire life because they could couldn't get out of their mental illness or the drug addiction, or their alcoholism, whatever it might be, and behavior disorders. And that's the way it was handled. Because of the wisdom of liberalism. They believe that those activities are unnecessary because it's not the least restrictive firement. We went to a system of group homes and that didn't work. Those individuals that are mentally ill and drug addicted can't act reasonably, so they leave the group home and they go to homeless encampments and others. They have some fun and play some cards, throw some dice, share some pot, and act out their fantasies and away you go about two thirds or mail about one third of female. And it's happening right now as I speak, again and again and again. So the solution is a large state mental hospital facilities through the General Assembly. People like Bill Sitz to get it done that way. But the problem is that would cost literally hundreds of millions of dollars to buy land to build facilities, kind of like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with Jack Nicholson. When that happened, and that movie depicted the treatment of Jack Nicholson who was mentally ill, all of a sudden, the entire mental health system collapse. We can't let mental hospitals operate. That's not right. To be gone doesn't make sense. So then became group homes, and that failed group homes now on the street. It is not a homeless problem. It is a mentally ill, drug addicted problem. We coin into a homeless problem that the city in the state spends tens of millions of dollars every year on managing the homeless crisis, and it is a crisis. So we have Dan Hills coming up with some I think somewhat breaking news after one o'clock about what happened to this particular one when Sergeant Dan calls individuals and the police department intends to get honest answers. I'm not sure all what he's going to say, but after one o'clock you're going to find out exactly what it is. And then away we go. And if you're a police officer and you're patrolling OTR. And this is not a problem, so to speak, in Hyde Park. It's not a problem in Evanston or Avondale, it's not a problem in many parts of the tri State. But it is a problem downtown because that is where the fun is, is where the services are, and if you're mentally ill without a place to stay because you've burned all your bridges with your family and friends, that's where you go. You don't hang out in Kenwood Town Center, you don't hang out on Fields Eardle. What you do is hang out in downtown Cincinnati. That's where the party is. That's where the drugs are, that's where the heroine is, that's where the needles are, that's where the fund takes place. So you gravitate toward Saint Francis Seraph Church and OTR and local areas. That's especially on a warm summer, spring or fall night, that's where the action is and that's where you go. We have about two million who live throughout the tri State. We have a problem with three to five hundred individuals, two thirds male, one third female, that are mentally ill on drugs and they will not go to homeless shelters. I watched the interview the other night with a nice woman who's head of the Downtown Council of Residents. In Downtown is a great place to live and to work into play, but if you're a homeless person, that's where you want to be.
Speaker 3: And she said, we don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: We need a solution to so called homeless individuals who will not seek help, who say, I will not go to the homeless shelter, and I commit crimes every day to feed my habit or in order to live my life. And the justice center of the county jail is more of a mental hospital than a place for criminals. If you take out of the Hamlet County Justice Center, those are mentally ill and those waiting transport to the state system, there's few other people there. And a county jail is a terrible place to serve as a mental hospital because it's probably one third mentally ill or in the justice center, one third are waiting to go to some other facility, and one third are serving sentences at one type or another. And county jails are terrible mental hospitals. Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey does the best she can with what she has, but they're not psychiatrists. They're not psychologists. They do have drug treatment programs inside the jail, but what do you do if you're a homeless type individual and you don't want drug treatment. I'm not going through I've gone through that ten times and I like the drugs more than I like feeling feeling normal, because feeling normal for this person is a terrible place to be.
Speaker 3: It's self medication.
Speaker 1: And if someone looks back at their life and look at the decisions they've made which have been so wrong, they look at their lives and say, how did I find myself in this situation? The best way to overcome that is to become back on drugs or alcohol and as medicine to get to the next day, in the next day, in the next day without significant punishment going to prison. Going to jail is not a punishment for someone who's been there fifty times. And so until the State of Ohio says we need regional, well guarded mental hospitals in which people can be sent and they're required to get treatment in the hospital. Or you can stay in the hospital and we'll give you three squares a day, but you're not leaving.
Speaker 3: You're staying here.
Speaker 1: You're locked up until you decide to return yourself to sanity or get help. A carrot and the stick, and right now the carrots are all in the negative thing, which is downtown with drugs and other people seminarly situated, and the stick doesn't exist. There's no stick. Going to jail is not a problem. There's some treatment for mentally ill in county jails, but not much. They're not configured to do such things until the State of Ohio, mike to one another, says enough is enough. We're going to do regional state mental hospitals, build new ones.
Speaker 3: Well guarded.
Speaker 1: Individuals can't leave, and if they will not get help, and if they have a mental illness that cannot be treated, they're staying here, maybe for the rest of their life, and that will cost hundreds of millions of dollars, but it would also save cities from their eventual destruction. So that's the solution. Also coming up later, we'll be Sergeant Dan Hills Love speaking with him. He's retired, he's living off the fatted calf, but he has some information to give you. After one oh five today and more so, it's sad, it's very sad. And if I'm a cop and I get a call from an OTR business owner or a resident saying there's two guys sleeping in the front entry away the stoop of my business and I can't I can't function like this, and the cop shows up the rules and regulations from AFTAB Puerival indicates that that next call is through three to one one, which is a homeless advocate. We'll go speak with that person and try to get them to leave the business or get out, and if not, there's is going to the county jail. Is not going to make a difference, absolutely not. And if I'm a cop, the last thing I want to do is get in a fight with a group of homeless individuals that have nothing to lose, because the syringes and the fist and the knives and the razor blades come out and suddenly you're in a life and death situation that the city generally will not support you. It is said that Scotty Johnson is on city council. He's got a good heart and a good head, spent many years as a cop. Scotty Johnson he knows the difficulty of the problem, but he refuses to step forward and say this is the solution, and many will not do that. So I look forward in the next I don't know, a week or two, might be later this afternoon or Monday or Tuesday. Have the city issure a report, and it's going to whitewash the problem because the answer was within their grasp and they didn't take it because they knew there was a homeless encampment underneath four seventy one. In fact, Brian Combe said, three or four days ago there was a homeless encampment under an I seventy one overpass and fires were started by individuals there because guess what, it's cold, and they refuse to go to homeless shelters. Now, what do you do with someone who refuses to go to a homeless shelter who starts a fire onder I seventy one. Well, in today's climate, at least for the next few days or weeks, they might be arrested, put in the justice center for a while, then released, then go back to the homeless encampment and will not go to the homeless shelter all right, now, what do you do? Well, that's the problem right there. Let's continue with more. If the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundredth the new EIGHTE and t Xavier loss last night. You see football's home for the holidays, No bawl. The basketball team looks pretty good. Next weekend's going to be the Crosstown shootout. The Reds are getting ready with Tito, and we'll see what happens there then. Also, of course, Bengals and Cowboys should have been a big game on Monday night. But Joe Burrow does the best he can, buying batmobiles, maybe for my good friend harry Yagey who owns Batman All on news Radio seven hundred WLW, Billy Cunningham.
Speaker 3: The Great American.
Speaker 1: Of course, not much NFL football this weekend with the Bengals until Monday night. Dallas Cowboys in Dallas, two teams that have gone in shar we say the same direction, but the beginning of the season they had different intents. Speaking of that, joining you and I now is Sergeant Dan Hills, the thirty five year police officer in the city of Cincinnati, spent decades as the head of the FOP. He knows where the bodies are buried, and Sergeant Dan Hills. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show, and let me give you a little bit of precursor with your permission.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: You go right ahead, Willie take the show.
Speaker 1: We have Brian Combs with the memo from the city telling the coppers do not enforce criminal statutes if it involves criminal trespass. That means there must be a secondary offense before you arrest someone's homeless. And people have problems not because they're homeless. They're have problems because they're mentally ill, drug addicted and the alcoholics and they don't want help. Otherwise they'd be in the shelters. But I regress. I add on your successor in title Ken Kober a couple of days ago. He said, well, we're kind of offended by this because we took an oath to follow the laws of the State of Ohio, the City of Cincinnati, US Constitution, and our oath says to us, when we see somebody committing a crime in our presence, we have to arrest that person. On one hand, but on the other hand, the city is telling the coppers don't enforce criminal statutes. May I get your reaction first before we talk about I four seventy one.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's the direction that Rolson they have not only in Cincinnati, but on other cities that are led by fromax term people from the left. They don't always want you to enforce the law, especially if it doesn't match with their politics.
Speaker 3: And in this case it's true.
Speaker 1: So what do you do when you see someone of the steps of Saint Francis or see someone under a bridge? In fact, there's a memo from the city that says, don't arrest someone criminally trespassing under a bridge unless they're committing some other offense such as I don't know, open air drug use, or such as starting a fire, or such as using drugs. So let's break it down to I four seventy one. What can you tell the American people about what happened with the ifour seventy one fire, with that placeset, that huge playset before it occurred, tell the American people the things you told me off the air.
Speaker 4: Well, my understanding is this high sources of information and that the city had known about that Holton Cammon for about eight weeks now, prior to lawsuits and an agreement and stuff. The cops used to be able to do some of their job. When it came to these homeless encamments, they would give them notice and they would have seventy two hours to beat feet or they could go in there and take all their stuff. Lother has to do with the property being able to seize the property. But like like you found out before that the manager doesn't want the police officers doing this and doing it directly. And therefore there was somebody And why I say somebody, one person was handed the job of all these homeless folks. And I understand that she's done a decent job when she can engage, but she's got way, way way too much out on her plate. And so my understanding is, like I said, eight weeks that that see encampment had been there, and when it was finally going to get moved was the morning after that fire. The one would maybe think, one would maybe think that there was some sort of protest in that fire being set because they were going to get the boot that morning. So that's where, uh, that's where I think, if if i'm if i'm o dot Ohio Department of Transportation, and it gets confirmed that the city knew about that and failed to act upon that. For for eight weeks and when they're about to act on it, they weren't being monitored or or deal with any closer this in the in the law run. Really this this was preventable. But you know, there's a lot of interesting stuff going on with the helmeless because, like you said, there's laws that are being broken, but the cities don't like deal with that in the old fashioned manner of law and order, and it leads to some really really uncomfortable things that they're going to have to admit to UH when when it comes down to UH explaining what happened here in the state of Ohio, they're going to have a case of the goo when they when and if they find out that my information is true that the city knew about that camp for eight weeks.
Speaker 1: And to put a sharper point on this, so the city more notified the homeless encampment under four seventy one that the vacation of your property is coming and it's going to happen. You might recall Halloween, which was October thirty first, was a rainy, cold night, and so the next morning, November one, the fire started like a two or three am on November one, which was cold, and rainy, and so you're kind of implicating or stating that those homeless there wanted to have a little indirect or direct to protest of sorts by starting a fire, maybe without the intent of burning down four seventy one, but with the intent of saying I'm here, kind of like an fu to the city who notified them to leave.
Speaker 3: Am I on the right path?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was going to I was gonna use that very two letters to help explain it and make that finer point that you were looking for. This was this was a middle finger to the city. And you know, I don't know if any of the homeless people or structural engineers that realize what damage sho that they would cause, but maybe maybe they were hoping for more damage. Who knows, but that that's what happened. But there is so much dirtiness going on with this, Willy. One of the other things I'd found out, I'd never heard this before, so I start poking around and asking some questions as a out on the scene, Willie reporter, is that we got problems with cities like Indy that it will act as though it's a city service, saying hey, look, we know where there's a lot of more city services than we have here in India, and we'll help take you there. So they'll load up they're homeless and take them down to Cincinnati. So a lot of our homeless ain't our homeless if you follow what I'm saying. I don't know if you get to own homeless folks, but you think where people are born and raised and if they're homeless there that you feel a little bit more responsibility for them. But if you're homeless, is somebody that just got carted in recently from another city that's really some dirty pool And apparently that's one of the things that the City of Cincinnati is dealing with. It's really great that we have services for the homeless, but if we got sell any services that it's got words gotten around another municipalities that are a little bit more wise on this or saying yeah, we'll take a pass on being good with the homeless. We'll just help you be good with the homeless. And here's some of ours that is that we're in a really ugly place.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that cities like Indianapolis, maybe Columbus, Frankfurt, Lexington, and the homeless quote community, there's kind of knowledge. If you go to Cincinnati, you get three squares a day, have nice homeless shelters. You can use your drugs on the steps of Saint Francis Sarah Church. You can live under a bridge overpasses. When it gets a little bit cool at night or cold, you can set fires and stay warm. You don't want services like going into the homeless shelter because you got to follow rules. But in this case, the city has been five weeks, and I would say Sergeant Dan Hills that probably the investigators knew that morning immediately what happened, which was a barrel fire. The goal was to simply burn down the playset, but they I don't think they were structural engineers, knowing that steel melts at twenty two hundred degrees and that because of the circumstances of the rubberized shredded tires that was the base of this huge facility and the plastic in the so called showboat majestic playset, that that would create a circumstance where two thousand degrees could be reached. So the original goal was simply to say, hey, I'm here. If you were going to burn down this great playset, then leave because we were leaving it a few hours later. But then you also get information from your sources that other cities have started shuffling in their homeless to Cincinnati and paying for the Greyhound bus to get here, and then they run around.
Speaker 3: Now here's the Are you ready for the big question.
Speaker 4: Let's he let's have it.
Speaker 1: Does the city itself have sufficient beds and homeless shelters to handle shall we say, individuals who want to go there? And secondly, is it true that the homeless doesn't want to go there because of the rules and regulations anyway.
Speaker 4: Both are true, But to your first point, do they have the beds? That's an important part about whether or not they can give that seventy two hours notice. So if I want to hang a notice, I have to be able to tell you a place where you can get a warm bed, whether you want to take it or not. We all know that already that these homeless folks do not want to take advantage of services in most cases, because if they did, they would be there right nice and so you cannot in part of this agreement, you cannot hang that notice on the tent in homeless campment unless you have a place where you can offer them to oh in a sense, you could be making them even more homeless, because if they found a bit of a home underneath the four seventy one bridge, and they have themselves some garbage stay collected, that helps keep them warm and drive from the elements. They've created their own homeless home. And if you kick them out of that with nowhere to go, then you're not meeting the terms of the agreement. So we have the we have the beds. And because we have the beds, like I said, that's gotten around. And I don't know about Columbus and Dayton all those others, but I did hear that Napolis is one of the cities that apparently, and I don't know whether they give them a Greyhound ticket or if they put them on a municipal bus, but the City of India and other cities across the country are doing this since it is not doing this, and I think I think that's a good thing. I think that's really a dirty pool. If we were to take up a bunch of our homeless folks and drive them down to Lexington or somewhere like that, you know, that's not solving the problem. That's shuffling the problem. Around, But we have to start getting back to having a lawful society. And that's where Cincinnati has really, uh, you know, failed in this case. It's kind of taken some authority away from the police. I think they're learning that it has to come back to them in the long run. But you have the manager's office trying to micro manage this this homeless problem, and look where it got them. And like I said, in the end, I cannot picture O DOT not having a big case that they do over this. And I brought up structural engineers before because I don't think any of the homostructure structural engineers, but do you think a home a structural engineers should have been consulted before you put this massive playground thing right underneath the bridge, because you said it it's got shreded tires and all these things that can burn at a very high rate. You mix that in with god knows what homos soaks had down there. One of the things I just recently heard too, and I'd never realized before there are a large amount of thefts all the time from people's backyards of their grill. So you want to have a nice little tank of gas back there ready for when guests come over, so you can you can grow up some burgers and some hot dogs and maybe a steak. Well, those are what is needed for the homeless people's leaders. So guess what they keep getting stolen out of the backyards through communities, uh, in the in the in its Greater Cincinnati area. So who knows. There could have been a couple, three, four or five of those of those tanks involved in that fire. But I think the main, the main thing you can assume is that that that playground with all those shredded tires, became the fuel to get a fire hot enough to to burn and and corrupt steel. And so you know, I would want to know and if I was, oh, I like, who's who's brilliant idea was it to put this playground down here? I'm fine for the playgrounds, the playgrounds all over the place for are you, But don't put them underneath a very important route for the sustainability of the economy of the greater Cincinnati area. Let's say that was that was a fumble. If we were playing football, somebody fumbled that.
Speaker 1: One bad, Well, get the linen out, get the flag out. About when this thing developed about fifteen years ago, the head of the Cincinnati Recreation Commission, the CRC sent an email to O DOT saying, we want to build this playset. Here it is, and the guy at O DOT went over the list of items prohibited and believe it or not, a playset was not prohibited under a bridge. So what happened is they put it there. And then about a year ago O. Dott sent an email to the City Cincinnati complaining about the fact that there's too many homeless encampments under bridges. Make sure you clear those out. So instead of clearing them out, the city ignored it. And that's that's what occurred. And I have a text here from a friend, an acquaintance of mine and OTR that says the following, Dear Willie, he said, what Hills is saying makes a lot of sense. But I see open air drug use on the steps of Saint Francis. I see urination, fornication, and paid for sex happening all the time in and around Saint Francis. I complain to the CPD, they pass it off to someone else, nothing happens. So when he talks about no secondary offenses, whether it's open air fornication, urination, or defication. It's happening right now on the streets of Cincinnati, and that's the secondary offense, and they still don't arrest. Can you address yourself to that, well.
Speaker 4: Willy, I can tell you that that goes a little bit with the depolicing that we've seen since George Floyd. If you're going down are and you're gonna deal with somebody that's urinating or defecating, or are smoking to join or just sleeping in front of Saint Francis there, you're gonna want to know that you are going to be backed all the way through the tops of your agency and through the city manager's office. If all of a sudden, this turns to a use of forts, if you have to taste this person or something else, God forbid, a deadly use of force. If if you find yourself, if you find yourself in a life threatening situation, will you be back? And we all know what that answer is.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: No, We've shown time and time again that it's as soon as something as soon as something becomes a racial hot that issue. Can I ask you a question, Willy, You're you're always hitting me with questions. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Let me let me get ready. Let me get ready. Hold I gotta get ready. Go ahead, get ready, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: If the guy on the subway in New York that was going crazy and causing trouble was a white dude and the ex marine uh was a black dude, and he held him down, and that white dude died when the ex marine black dude, uh, you know, held him back, so everybody would be safe. Do you think do you think that black dude X marine would get would get prosecuted.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Racial politics has infected almost every part of urban America that they supposedly are locked in the Daniel Penny case, the fact he's a tall, skinny ex marine white guy and the crazy black guy was killed mainly because he was on drugs and all kinds of health problems threatened to kill people. Racial politics has infected most of our major urban areas.
Speaker 3: Including the city of Cincinnati. Would you agree?
Speaker 4: And that's my point with Saint Francis are that you hit My mother worked here many years ago, by the way, But anyway, you're talking about a place that's right in the center of our community. Do you have downtown over to rhyme that they're working so hard to make a wonderful place, and yeah, I drive past there and I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't even imagine. And to get called and deal with a complaint in the middle of that stuff. Sometimes on the sidewalk, Willie, there's thirty forty, fifty to sixty people all hanging out and and and and my assumption is up there they're up to no good. I'm not saying they're all felons. A lot of them are just alcoholics and stuff, all hanging out there. But how is that going to help that that neighborhood progress.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 4: But if you're going to have the police to go there and make contact with what are usually small crimes. And then sometimes when you're dealing with these soaks, especially like you said, one of the homeless type people are are mentally ill or whatnot. Next thing you know, you're in a confrontation, and one of those confrontations gets ugly, not even not even a deadly force. Just imagine a big, ugly fight and and and and being filmed. We film everything, and there's a camera on our chest, but everybody else has got a cell phone getting different angles, and one angle doesn't look so good. And makes somebody angry because there's you. You strike this homeless, mentally ill person in the wrong way, throwing throwing the racial next thing, you know, right, I guess you're city. They're worried that if if Penny that's his last name, right, if Penny gets off, then then then then there's gonna be there's gonna be riots over the penny, the penny.
Speaker 3: And there goes Macy's, there goes mate.
Speaker 1: We got to run on, Sergeant Dan love having you on, keep being my deep source. But the city knew about it and didn't act. They give the seventy to our notice. All of a sudden fires are taking place. Gott to run, Sergeant Dan Hills. You're a great American, and God bless you, and God bless him Amberley Village, thank you, Thank you, Willie, God bless America. Let's continue with more. Those are the facts and they'll set us all free. On news Radio seven hundred w l B.
Speaker 3: Chee, Donald Trumping a valuable lesson.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with them in Aware unless you want to get the benefit. Hello, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Roachiefs Donald Trump, but a valuable lesson.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with them in Aweric unless you want to get the benefit.
Speaker 3: You got that segment. Yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 1: Do we know he messed with America and look what he got? He got defeated on Donald Trump unemployed. He's in line right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But segment, we have champions here, we've had all the champions are in but now we have UC Claremont women's soccer team are the national champions.
Speaker 3: They had to play football.
Speaker 1: Maybe go down there and talk to the head football coach at UC you see what they can do. Segment introduce these fine great champions.
Speaker 7: Willy, we honor today the defending USCAA Women's Division two national champion UC Claremont. They scored four first half goals and repeat as national champs in soccer in a five nothing went over Christendom out of Virginia a couple of saturdays ago and Kmar Jackson as the head coach.
Speaker 3: They went thirteen one and three.
Speaker 1: Coach explained the last game it was tough. Your box are up against the wall.
Speaker 3: You were down.
Speaker 1: You had several players with ACL injuries, three or fourhead concussions.
Speaker 3: They came off bus accidents.
Speaker 1: None of them could walk, but you persevered, passed all the odds, checked ass, like mister ass coach, what happened in the last big game?
Speaker 8: If anything, the girls has executed the game plan to perfection. You know, we had a plan going into the game to get an early goal.
Speaker 3: What was the planing, coach, what was the plan going in? Early goal?
Speaker 8: Get the early goal in the first chance we get in the first five minutes, take advantage of it.
Speaker 6: It's like a boxing match. We want to hit them in the.
Speaker 3: Stomach real early, like Mike Tyson.
Speaker 6: Like Mike Dyson. Yeah, yep, our Jake Paul.
Speaker 1: Jake Paul. I guess there was a deal there. They weren't in a box, right, Jake Paul. Now I think Mike Tyson agreed not to hit him in the ribs and Jake Paul agreed not to hit him in the head.
Speaker 3: What a boxing match?
Speaker 1: Please continue? The first play? Was there a set play? Was it bulldog three? Was it left right center? What was the first play?
Speaker 8: No, it was just a great build up play, great ball movement from the girls. We got the ball down the line, got a cross inside the box, and we a really good finish from one of our leading players, Ree Jabino, with a nice finish.
Speaker 3: Which foot did she use? If any right.
Speaker 8: Footed, right footed placed it in the back of the net, and from there on we kind of knew, you know, once we got that first goal, their heads were going to drop, and we kind of pushed really hard for that second goal. Like you'd always say, the first five minutes, in the next five minutes, so we try to get that second goal within the next five minutes, and we were able to execute that as well, with Kaylee Rolls crossing a nice ball in a shears to finish, and so we were up to zero and I think Molly and who's here.
Speaker 3: With us, Richmond Hume of the Lions.
Speaker 8: Yep Uh mac Nick and former CU player as well. She had the third goal with an assist from Reese who scored the first goal. Took a beautiful ball, gibbled around defender and then placed it back post.
Speaker 6: So from there on we were pretty much in cruise.
Speaker 1: Control, defense of mode, like the Bengals ought to be Monday night and you were still winning.
Speaker 8: Were we were still on offensive mode. It was kind of like we we had a we had a saying that we we kind of used is, you know, we got to keep keep our foot on their throats.
Speaker 6: Doun't let up.
Speaker 3: How about a motto kick their ass? Well, kick the coach. Did you play soccer? It looked like a soccer guy yourself.
Speaker 6: There, Yes, I did so.
Speaker 8: I played at mom Vernon Nazarene University's an ai a school with severe.
Speaker 1: Now introduce your players. Hey look young and aggressive and mean. Introduce your players there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I have Jordan and Guice with me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: She's two times national champ with us.
Speaker 8: She was actually one of my midfielders last year and we had a situation with our goalkeeper and she ended up stepping up as one of our captains and saying, hey, you know, I'll jump.
Speaker 1: And goal Choose me, coach, choose me. I'll be in a midfielder. Then I'll switch all of a sudden be the goalie.
Speaker 6: I didn't think she said choose me.
Speaker 1: I think she said what was like when you change positions? Like the seg man used to be a great catcher every now and then he becomes a first baseman. So when the coach came to you and said I want you to play goalie, what did you say, if anything?
Speaker 9: Jordan, I was a little bit scared at first, because I've never really played goalie in my life before I watched. I popped in a few games here and there, but it's definitely intimidating having to play full time, especially knowing that we were going to have a tougher schedule.
Speaker 3: This year National champions But.
Speaker 9: Bret our assistant coach, played goalie, so he did a really good job training me throughout the season.
Speaker 1: So Jordan, you were quick, and you were me and you were nasty. And when the ball was coming, you looked at it closely. You said, so I hit it with my arms, my legs, my back, my shoulder, my head.
Speaker 3: What do I hit it with? Was that the decision making you had?
Speaker 9: I really just wanted to stop it from the wall, just whatever it could do to stop it.
Speaker 1: And coach introduced your next player from New Richmond, the home of the Lions in the front street cafe.
Speaker 6: So Molly, and this was the USCA Player of the Year.
Speaker 8: Get the mic in front of her as the player of the year, as an agent, the player off the tournament. So uh, you know, Molly transferred to US from I believe Autobid and immediately Stepp didn't have a significant impact on the team.
Speaker 6: You know, she was one of the players. You know you joked about it earlier.
Speaker 8: But she was also one of those players that were She was struggling with a hamstring injury, going.
Speaker 3: Into the final hurt and beating bloody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was beating up a little bit stitches.
Speaker 8: But one of the things that I that I loved about these girls were the fact that you know, they were all in it for each other, and you know they were like, listen, this is the last game, last game.
Speaker 6: I will tear every most of them my body. She did.
Speaker 3: She had no muscles left, all of the plumbs were broken. She's limping.
Speaker 6: Molly.
Speaker 3: You went to high school and New Richmond, Is that correct?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I actually went to Nick mcnick, home of the Rockets. Did you know Jerry Derger at mcnick high School?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I never heard of that guy. Now talk about the last game. Did you score a goal in the last game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: So explain how it happened. The people want to know. I want to know how it happened.
Speaker 5: There was a ball that came across and it kind of just got all jumbled up, and then the ball came out and reached one of our center mids. She won the ball, and Matt Reese and I knew that as soon as Reese got the ball, she's gonna look up, She's gonna know Yes, is one of our stronger players.
Speaker 6: She's great foot skills.
Speaker 3: Every feet.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And as soon as I saw her get the ball, I just started taking off a little bit. Watched my line because they laid a higher line against us, and I just tied my run in.
Speaker 6: Reese played it.
Speaker 5: Perfectly, and the goalie started to come out a little bit, so I figured I had to throw her off so I just could touch hide and then I put it in the bottom left corner.
Speaker 3: Looks like you've done that before, correct?
Speaker 6: Maybe once or twice.
Speaker 1: Did you ever play Deer Park High School? Because I know deer Park's unbeatable. Did you ever have the honor of playing against Deer Park? No, I didn't, seg Man, give me some sports and make it fast.
Speaker 7: Well, leave the stood reporters. Approach service of your local tame Star heating get air conditioning dealers. Tame Star quality you can feel in Cincinnati colewayoming air at one eight eight eight nine h v A C Sports. You need temp Star Ooh, what's cold outside?
Speaker 3: Older than a well? Diggers behind.
Speaker 7: We also want to thank for our lunch today. Lear's Prime market your holiday party destination. Let's party order your fresh party trays in a world famous tenderloin and prime rim today at Learsprime dot dot com. Lear's Prime always cut above.
Speaker 3: Give me some sports segment.
Speaker 7: Let's see Willie tonight well Molar up against ol In Tangi Liberty for the Ohio Division one state championship.
Speaker 3: Coach Jackson, who do you like in that game?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with Moler.
Speaker 3: Of a number of people who go got a good quarterback?
Speaker 6: Go with Molar?
Speaker 3: Segment? Please continue.
Speaker 1: Mister Matt has been named the Ohio Mister Football for twenty twenty four. That's two years in a row. Now, Willie a player for Moler is Ohio mister Football.
Speaker 3: You can't say his last name. You call him Matt correct.
Speaker 6: That's all I do.
Speaker 3: Please continue.
Speaker 7: Beachwood goes for state title number eighteen today at four o'clock in Lexington.
Speaker 3: Home of the Tigers Tiger Tackett.
Speaker 7: They take on Owensboro Classic for the two A title. Kick ass of course. Last night a tough one in the snow in Canton, Avon beat Anderson twenty to thirteen for the Division two State Crown George.
Speaker 3: The Raptors rap fifteen and one. A fine season, but Jordan, your thoughts on that.
Speaker 9: I haven't really kept up with them since I graduated, but they had a good season.
Speaker 3: Please continue segment.
Speaker 7: Also tomorrow, Willie, I got two games four o'clock in Lexington Ryle and Louisville Trinity and then Cooper and Bowling Green. That's a rematch of the five A championship game from last year.
Speaker 3: That game's at eight bigger than Montana.
Speaker 7: Good luck tomorrow to Miami RedHawks. They take on the Ou Bobcats and the MAC Championship game and beautiful Detroit. Kickoff is at noon.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 1: Let's see the SEC championship Georgia and Texas.
Speaker 3: Who do you like their coach?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: Back to the Cooper game because I actually have a number of people family that I coach.
Speaker 6: Locker.
Speaker 3: You like Cooper, then Cooper Cooper.
Speaker 8: To win that one. Shout out to the Yules. I've coached your daughter for a number of years now. Her brothers on the team.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: You're well round it. Then you're not just a soccer guy. You know everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll want you for Cooper on that one.
Speaker 1: All right, please continue segment also will you and that SEC Championship game. Of course, the long Horns have their mascot, Bevo. That's a big issue with a gigantic you know, long horn steer coaches you see Clarmont have a mascot.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 1: We're the Cougars, the Cougars. But this this is is this ball of Bevo. Yeah, explain, explain though we're.
Speaker 3: Not allowed to attend the game tomorrow.
Speaker 7: There's not enough room for him on the sidelines or in the end zone at Atlanta State with a long horn. He's got a fifty six inch long Horns him and what he met?
Speaker 1: Uh when when him and Uga Georgia mascot don't didn't get along a few years ago and all you know what for g loose on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: I think Oga was trying to bite his ankle and Divo.
Speaker 1: Bevo with Bevo was gonna make him a or derv I'm make I'll take Bevo in that matchup.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thank you. Let's see Bengals update.
Speaker 7: They're on the field today and they get ready for the Dallas Cowboys Monday night.
Speaker 1: Jordan, you know who Bevo is Mollie tell the girls who Bevo is. That's the mascot of the Texas longhorns and long gigantic steer.
Speaker 3: It's a bull right right? And what does he do?
Speaker 7: Just stands there at about eight people have reins on him, so he doesn't go and start harpooning people in the seats. And BiVO, he could have it, He could have a human shish Kebob on either horn. Well, Bevo gets a case of the goo go. Eight guys aren't holding back Bevo Bingo. But the dog named.
Speaker 1: Uga is a little bulldog for Georgia. Uga and Bevo got into it last year. Bevo, I don't want any party. I don't want anything, So Bevo has to stay home. So BiVO, can I go from Austin, Texas to Atlanta? How would he get there? Had he got on a plane or I guess, I guess he flies first class with those horns. I guess, I guess there's collapsible and he you know, back to his head and he goes in and sits down.
Speaker 6: I think he has a couple of cold ones.
Speaker 1: What about that Russian woman who flies from New York to Paris with no no ticket?
Speaker 6: Not how does that happen? How does that happen?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You got security all over the place. Well, Bevo showed up on a plane, people would notice, whatn't I would say?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: How much is the thing weigh? Eighteen pounds?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: That's a big beat that bunch of me.
Speaker 1: Rom me. Bevo Francis, great basketball player from Rio Grand remember him? Coach?
Speaker 3: Yep, please continue to say.
Speaker 1: Let's see TCU beat Xavier last night by four. So the Musketeers are seven and two. Not good tonight the Mighty RedHawks are at Indiana. And that's about it? Can you girls play national women's soccer? This one coming to Cincinnati? Would you girls like to try out for the women's soccer team nationally?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: Jordan? No, Molly, potentially Do you have ni O money?
Speaker 1: A lot of money? You paid a lots like thousands every month. You see Claremont paid.
Speaker 3: How to get paid? Well, it's on hold.
Speaker 1: You tell me about the team next year you got the girls got the national title back to back to back.
Speaker 3: These girls look three peat, three feet, mean and angry. Are you ready for no pressure?
Speaker 6: Coach? Pressure? Pressure?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it's it's a game at a time. You know, I think we have a really good core group of girls coming back. You know, we've already had two girls that we've made offers to that have accepted, Lanny Murphy and Aubrey Slack.
Speaker 3: What about any girls from deer Park High School?
Speaker 6: None from deer Park High School? One is from Norwood though she'schools.
Speaker 3: To know that gem of the Highlands. That's pretty player on their team?
Speaker 6: Do they?
Speaker 1: Paul Range's got zero and twenty two in football? They're not very good anymore. I understand what I'm saying. The stink in fact that man right now. So next year looks pretty good, coach.
Speaker 8: It looks it looks promising. But again, you know how it goes. You could start off the season on paper we look really really good and then you know, you go into the game and you have a number of injuries to key players and it significantly changes every outlook on things. So but again, this group has overcome a lot, and I think the new players we have coming in, the returning players that we have.
Speaker 3: You'll be in a hog heaven.
Speaker 6: I think we should be should be competing again for a national coach.
Speaker 1: Jordan and Molly, congratulations, should the champions in soccer, now be the champions in life.
Speaker 3: In other words, don't be a clown. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Congratulations coach, win another another national title. You see, doesn't do well in Clifton, they do well in Claremont.
Speaker 6: County they do. Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Se man, get us out of the show.
Speaker 6: And you don't have a quick question for them?
Speaker 3: Oh, I ask you a quick question. The first time ever that you haven't asked a question. Well, who are the four heads on Mount Rushmore? Of the presidents.
Speaker 1: Has Lincoln Jefferson Washington, Lincoln Jefferson Washington.
Speaker 3: And that's it right there you go, segment. Get me out of the student's report.
Speaker 1: Please, will you and honor of the two time t s c c U s c A A women's national champions in Division two say aloud you Sarmont, that's that two time, two time champs.
Speaker 7: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge report.
Speaker 3: I paid my ladies? Have you paid your dues? Tom after time? She says no.
Speaker 1: This is Cardi B singing Freddie Mercury. Remember this song nineteen mid nineteen eighties. That's it. Have you made bad mistakes? Have you made a few men? They said no, they've made no mistakes. That's why they're undefeated, untied, unscored on You got to share a bad kicks, haven't it. I guess you know what you are?
Speaker 3: You know what you are? You know what you are? Do you know what you are?
Speaker 1: That's it, right, Joe Coach Jackson's got a big smile on his face. He'll be a wine dined in pocket line for the rest of his life. Wish the Bengals would ever have this song sung Joe Burrow, good nuts.
Speaker 3: He's buying all the batmobiles in town. I'll see what happens. Let's continue with more singing segment.
Speaker 6: You know, you know he bought them.
Speaker 3: You know he bought that batmobile. You can't drive it on the street. I know, three million dollars and he can't drive the car.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna do that in a garage all the time.
Speaker 3: And he's looking for a batwoman is what he's looking for. Don't marry a bat?
Speaker 1: On News Radio seven hundred, Bill Cunningham, the Great American about a year or two a hand on a bunch of lawyers suing all kinds of companies because the p f A s and what it was doing not just to the environment, but mainly to the human body. And now the whole issue is metastasized to an extent to the farming community. And tomorrow night, about nine o'clock on News Nation, Natasha and Zuvez is doing a report on what is occurring to farmers, whether it's Texas or Maine, and what's happening in the environment. She's an Emmy Award winning journalist and more. And Natasha Zuvez welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Natasha, first of all, can you tell the American people what are pfas's and how's that relatable to farmers in Maine and in Texas. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Bill, great to be with you. Thank you, And you know, this is one of the biggest stories that we're simply not talking about enough. And for everyone listening right now, there's a ninety seven percent chance this chemical is already in their blood and they likely have no idea. And to your point, farmers across the country are waking up and realizing they're being destroyed by this and it's impacting the food all of us eat. It is in our drinking water. At least forty five percent of our drinking water impacted by this and in our body. So let me explain as you alluded to, you know, we are all starting to hear more and more about PFASs or forever chemicals as they're called colloquially. They're linked with cancer and serious health issues like liver damage, thyroid issues, fertility issues. The list goes on. And these forever chemicals are all around us. They are used basically to make things stain and water resistance. So they're in our pizza boxes, they're in takeout boxes, coffee cups, dental floss, make up carpets, couches, you know, the Scotch guard that we've sprayed on things, are nonstick pans that you cook in, the teflon, you name it. But you know, as you said at News Nation, we're exposing one way forebber chemicals are getting into our food supply. And I'm really happy to be speaking to you more about this today.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you said off the air that there are cows, there's cattle literally dropping dead in the fields. And one thing I try not to be as an alarmist, because I did this a year or two ago, and I thought, these pea fast chemicals are everywhere.
Speaker 3: I can't avoid them.
Speaker 1: When you order a pizza, open up a big mac, bottled water, non bottled water, whatever it is, it's in our bodies. Ninety seven percent of us have them. What's happening at manifestations in states like Texas and Maine?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you know, I have to tell you about one man who will stay on my heart forever, and that is fred Stone. He's a dairy farmer in Maine. This is his grandfather's dairy farm. It's been in his family one hundred and fourteen years. And he was totally destroyed by this. You know, he loves his cows so much, Bill, he knows their personalities. He named them things like Moonbeam and storm Chaser. And we went and met him there on the ground. We watched him dumping thousands of gallons of tainted milk down the drain. He had to shoot and kill eighty percent of his beloved cows and went one point five million dollars in debt trying to save his farm. And I asked him, Bill, what keeps him up at night? And he says, his father and grandfather have already passed on, but he knows he'll see them one day, and he doesn't know what to tell them about what's happened to the farm they entrusted him with. That's what keeps him up at night. He was told he was an isolated case. This is just the tip of the iceberg. And I can explain to you exactly how these forever chemicals are getting shot through in this really valuable prime American farmland.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do it, because none of us understand the depth of the problem. I can imagine in different nations, is it worse or better and less developed country for example?
Speaker 10: You know, it's hard to know. But the thing is, it's everywhere now. It is in rainwater, even falling in parts of Earth that are completely uninhabited in humans have never been to. It's in polar bears. It is so infiltrated and ubiquitous in our world. While these chemical companies made billions of dollars, and we expose the paper trail in this hour long special showing what the chemical companies knew, did not tell us and our federal agencies. Aaron Brockovich, the one made famous by that Julia Roberts Oscar winning movie you know, is really taking on this fight and is saying EPA, other federal agencies, where have you been. You know, EPA has known about this since nineteen ninety eight, and they'll like, let's really get into this because for decades now, farmers in all fifty states here in the US we're told that they were doing their civic duty by spreading a fertilizer called fludge. It is treated human sewage. They're putting it on their fields and they were told it's their civic duty so that this biosolid waste wouldn't go to landfills, because this stuff is bad to have in landfill. Who thought it would be a great idea to put it on our most precious farm land. But the thing, though, is the EPA has never and still does not require this fluodge to be tested for forever chemicals, and so farmer after farmer now is realizing their land is terribly contaminated with this human made chemical that is linked with cancer. It will never break down naturally. Their own blood is testing high in forever chemicals, and of course that comes with the spector in the fear of all the health issues that comes with that, and then their milks their meat. Their livelihood is ruined. There is no safety net virtually for them, and Bill, you and I are paying the price. All of us are being impacted by the food that we eat, the milk we drink, the meat we consume, even if it's organic, it doesn't matter if this land has ever been sludged with this kind of fertilizer.
Speaker 1: So Natasha, going back in time, here we are in twenty twenty four, on the eve of twenty twenty five. When did it begin? Did it begin in the fifties and sixties? Did it exists before that? It give us some timeframe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So, p FAS and Forever chemicals actually came out of World War Two, the Manhattan Project, in nuclear war you know, nuclear testing. Three M bought the patent out of that because they realized they did such a good job at resisting stains and resisting water and oil. So it's really started coming onto the market after that three M with their Scotch Guard DuPont with their Teflon pans. And then it's really in the nineteen seventies in Earnest that they get the hey, we have this treated human sewage. Yeah, it's contaminated with chemicals. But it would be a really good idea, it's so nutrient rich, instead of putting that in a landfill and having to deal with it there, to give it to our farmers for a really cheap price and tell them that they're doing their civic duty to fertilize their land with it. So it really started in the seventies, and now you're seeing farms, whether they were sledged once, four times, or in the case of Freadstone, over and over again year after year, that are coming back terribly contaminated. Their animals are sick and dying, and the farmers are getting sick themselves.
Speaker 1: Why has this not received more publicity? Because I've done this now twice in the last several years, and I do not see a whole bunch of media attention to Pfas's why is that?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 10: I have to say, when I found out about this two years ago, Bill, I have the exact same reaction, and I know that you know what that feeling is, like that fire in your belly when you think, how are we not talking about this every single day? This matters so much? And what Aaron Brockovich says in this hour long special is she believes this is the shell game that for money, for greed, for lobbying reasons, these things get split under the rug. There are people making billions of dollars and have been for decades now based off of these products. And there's a revolving door that goes in and out of our federal agencies disappointingly sometimes as well. So you know, we went to the EPA, I went to DC and I asked them why they're not protecting us more from this? If they know that sledge might be tainted with rubber chemicals, why not stop it now? Because built forty eight states are still doing this as we speak. When you know better, you do better. EPA. You've known since nineteen ninety eight. So you'll hear their answer there in the special. And I also get my own blood tested on air because of you know, ninety seven percent of us bill you likely probably have it.
Speaker 6: In your blood as well.
Speaker 1: And the consequences assuming I'm one of the ninety seven percent that have this in my blood, what are the consequences they have?
Speaker 10: The sebber chemicals on are linked with a whole host of health issues, including cancer, damage to the liver, damage to thyroid, fertility. The list really goes on immune system. There's almost no part of the body that it does not touch.
Speaker 1: If I drink a lot of bottled water, I know my wife loves bottled water. She thinks the water out of the faucet is bad. I tell her what the hell is, let's do it.
Speaker 10: Isn't that a complicated yes or no?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 10: I like to tap water needs help for so many reasons. For lead reason, and we know the USGS is now saying at least forty five percent of our drinking water, of our tap water has pfat in it. I can tell you what some people believe is a good idea. Some environmental groups there are under the SINC filters you can buy where you give them your zip code and they specifically give you a filter that is designed based on your municipal water report. So if it's high and levet, if it's hied rubber chemicals, it filters it out under your sink. It's just, I mean, a plain sucks bill that it falls to us, the consumer, to come up with hundreds of dollars to install a filter under our sinks. I can tell you the EPA when I ask them about you know, why isn't it safer for us to open the tap and drink our water. Essentially, I was told, well, you know, it's a partnership and you can call your municipal water district and ask them. But Bill, you know so many viewers ripping their hair out and saying, why is it my responsibility to call who has the time to call my own water district and say, hey, is it safe for me to drink the tab water? This is where we are right now, and to your point, it's not getting enough coverage. This is why we're doing an hour long special on Saturday night. And I so appreciate you helping us make a whole lot of noise about it because it impacts all of us. It's incredibly important, and there are a lot of people who don't want the story to be told.
Speaker 1: Two other quick questions, what foods are high in pv s's and what foods are low?
Speaker 3: Can you tell the American people.
Speaker 10: That, yeah, so foods prepared in restaurants are going to have higher levels of p FAST because of the nonstick pans that they use and the containers they put it in. Any foods that are increased resistant packaging is going to be high as well. You know, I would encourage we do go through this in this special there are certain types of crops that wake up p fasts more efficiently from the soil. We go through the whole list, but you know, eating at home and eating organic is still the best we can do. And more and more buying from farms, buying from farmers who are literally now putting stickers on their products saying p fast tested, this is where we're headed built, this is what that looks like.
Speaker 1: Natasha Zoovez, Are there bottled waters better than others?
Speaker 10: Probably? But honestly, I would say people unfortunately have to do their own research because with bottled water, it's not just the p f ask you're looking at, right, it's the microplastics that are in it as well, So still probably better. Right, You can't win, Bill, But the point is we all are just trying to do our best, and we look to our federal agencies to protect us when they can, as for companies to at least be a little bit honest and not to put profit in front of people. So this is, you know, Bill, the most important storytelling that I've had the privilege of doing so far in my career.
Speaker 1: You've won money, you've won money, Emmies. You might get another one on this one. Lastly, about it about a minute remaining. Is it soluble? If the industries, if the lawyers, if the journalists like you get on it. American people are educated. Is the problem a payfast? Is it soluble?
Speaker 10: It's a good question. This is a Aaron Brokovich says, this is a tidal wave that's coming. The storm is already here, and so what we need to do is support our farmers who one by one are going to be finding out that their farms are destroyed because there is no safety net for them right now. And fred Stone told me he understands why other farmers are not clamoring to test their land for forever chemicals, right. He says, it's like giving someone a gun and asking them to shoot you, putting the bullets right in the chamber and asking them to shoot you. We need to figure out a way to catch these farmers when they find out, enable them to test so that they do want to find out if the food they're selling us and their livelihood is shot through with these rubber chemicals. And then secondly, it's incumbent upon us to find out ways in our own lives, switch out the dental flows to one that's pee fast free, try to avoid these food packagings, et cetera. And finally, Bill, I'll say, this is really coming down to the states. It really really is. So far both main and now Connecticut and in the matter of just the last few weeks have banned sludging in their states. It's incredibly brave. It took bipartisan support. It is an a political issue, and so people need whatever state you're in, if it's Illinois, if it's Texas, if it's California, you need to call your representative and demand that sledging is banned in your state. That's where it's going to come down to, because while we deal with this huge issue, the last thing we want is for more acres twenty million cropland acres so far, for more acres to be completely destroyed by this forever chemical.
Speaker 1: Natasha Zuves, thank you very much, nine o'clock Eastern Time, News Nation Tomorrow Night's Saturday.
Speaker 3: Well, it's good.
Speaker 1: This is one of the greatest interviews I've done because it informs people what they can do small ways to improve their family's health and their own health. And Natasha once again thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Natasha, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: It means it means the logs of me.
Speaker 6: Bill, thank you, God bless you.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with more.
Speaker 6: Bye, goodbye.
Speaker 3: It's about a year or two ago.
Speaker 1: There was a big law firm in Cincinnati here that was handling multi billion dollar lawsuits against certain chemical companies. And when I saw this pop up in an email sent to me, I thought you should be informed. P VAS google it. I have it up right now. It tells you how it affects humans. It tells you the products involved. It tells you what foods are high with foods are low, and it tells you about bottled water. It tells you about contacting your own water company that and ask them what are they doing, and then maybe get the filters in your home to stop it. So let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Sorry, Billy Cunningham, the great American. And I want to acknowledge one great American high school graduate at Fairborn High School. I love Fairborne High School. Tech Sergeant Lauren Beller. He's been with the United States Air Force for about twenty years. Tech Sergeant Beller has given his life and his blood's work and his intellect to the salvation this great country. He's stationed in Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota. He's got twenty years. He's only thirty nine or forty years old, but he has spent his life on behalf of those of us who take for granted the sacrifice of so many. So Tech Sergeant Lauren Beller, consider yourself to be the Bill Cunningham Citizen of the day. The day, of course, is December the sixth, twenty twenty four. Thank you for twenty years of service. And let's face it, the attitudes and the beliefs, and the values and the morals of Fairborne High School and those related it made it all possible for Tech Sergeant Lauren Beller to do what he's doing. And he's The retirement party's taking place beginning in about two minutes, and I'm sure they're listening in Grand Forks AFB and North Dakota. And once again, Sergeant Beller, congratulations on a life well lived. Now you've got the second half year life to go, and that's the way it out to be. There's no better service. If you're a young American at a high school in college and can't find work appropriate to your circumstances, consider volunteering for the Army of the Navy, the Air Force, the Marines, the Merchant Marines, whatever it might be, the Coastguard, and then defend the nation. That's exactly what JD. Vance did and it's what Lauren Beller did. Both these men said, you know what, I need a gi bill, I'm not happy with my circumstances. Let's go and volunteer my time. And whether it's JD. Vance or Lauren Beller, each said, choose me. I'll go, I'll volunteer, I'll go. It's an all volunteer force. So congratulations to Lauren Beller, but also the JD. Vance for living a good life. As we continue two thirty homme of your Bengals, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: You talk about you have no sympathy for Notre Dame. Why are they even relevant? Can somebody answer that question for me.
Speaker 11: Notre Dame Fighting Irish and college football has not won a championship since nineteen eighty eight when they won in the Fiesta Ball.
Speaker 6: I think it was against West Virginia. They's a gent man. If my math is correct, that's thirty.
Speaker 11: Six years without a national championship. I know they went to a national championship game. I remember when Brian Kelly was coaching them and he took them to the national championship game against Alabama.
Speaker 6: What happened in that game?
Speaker 3: For what happened in that game?
Speaker 11: They got bump worth so badly. We don't they got annihilated. Okay, I mean Brian Kelly was probably planning this exit from Notre Dame at that moment. Okay, this is an annihilation that took place. They have not won a national championship game since nineteen They have not won national titles in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: That is thirty six years.
Speaker 11: Hello, Piet and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Sig.
Speaker 1: Where is Rocky when we need him to defend himself against the Chargers by steven A. Not just against Joe Burrow, who by the way, is not doing enough, but rather against Notre Dame. That's the one on national championship game in thirty six years, segment roll. He's up there with the Reds too and the Bengals. Nineteen ninety Bengals had won one oh not YEFC Keep Hope Alive segment zy Clones won a Kelly Cup.
Speaker 3: Keep Hope Alive.
Speaker 7: Will he the student reporters of Proud Service. Every local Thamestar heating in their conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you can feel in Beautiful Cincinnati. Call the experts at Preferred Home Comfort at five, one, three, eight, nine to two h v A C Smart Well, Yeah, you need a temstar today because it is cold outside, Mama, colder than the Well Diggers behind high school football coming up today, Beechwood goes for state title number eighteen four o'clock four o'clock kickoff in Lexington. The Tiger stake on Owensborough Catholic for the two way Kentucky title, Moler v Old in Tangi Liberty tonight at seven thirty, and Beautiful Canton for the Ohio Division one state championship.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 7: The Ohio Division two state title didn't go the way the area wanted. Avon over Anderson last night twenty to thirteen. The Raptors and Evan Dryer have finished their season at fifteen to one. Tomorrow, Ryle in Louisville Trinity Class six A title in Kentucky four o'clock, and then Cooper goes up against Bowling Green in a rematch of last year's five eight championship game. Kickoff tomorrow night and Lexington for the Cooper is eight pm.
Speaker 3: Nood You Like with Moler segment? Who do you like?
Speaker 6: Big Mo? All the way with Ted McKay.
Speaker 7: College football tomorrow, Good luck to Miami, look going to make it two in a row, and MAC champions as they take on the ou Bobcats the home of Ken Brew and also Tom Brenneman.
Speaker 3: Kickoff is at noon.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Detroit, Beautiful you say, beautiful Detroit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, SEC Championship tomorrow, Georgia and Texas Big Ten Championship gained Penn State up against Oregon. Now there's something weird about saying Penn State and Oregon and.
Speaker 3: The Big ten Big Ten.
Speaker 7: You say they're playing for the Pac ten or Pac twelve or pack what you know Pack forty eight or Pack six Pack Championship out West?
Speaker 3: But what would you know about a six pack?
Speaker 7: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town. That's where I stop Party Town for and I shop for everything I need for my every holiday shopping easy.
Speaker 3: You come in with three sheets to the wind segment.
Speaker 7: Thirteen locations in beautiful northern Kentucky. Unlike Pete Hegseth Bengals in Dallas Monday.
Speaker 1: Night in the Big Dhod You liking that matchup? Bengals Bengals. Let's see college basketball. Xavier falls to TCU last night. Muskies are now seven and two, not good. Tonight Miami RedHawks at Indiana not good. Tomorrow NKU and IU Indiant one thirty, and then at Kentucky and Gonzaga eight thirty, all on ESPN fifteen thirty. Is there any college or pro team in the area that we're excited about?
Speaker 7: Also tomorrow it's Lee High up against the Dayton Flyers, Ohio State and Rutgers. Sunday, fourteenth rated Cincinnati Bearcats take on Howard at one thirty on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Should win that game, I would hope.
Speaker 1: So how about getting the Claremont County UC women's national champion honored by my brother John Cunningham ADUC at the halftime of a UC basketball game.
Speaker 3: How about that one? I think they gotta do that.
Speaker 1: Get coach Jackson down there with the girls, I mean, Molly and Jordan. Get him down there. School's just a part of Clifton. Is anything else. Absolutely, Claremont County is a great county and UC is a good part of it. They win a national title on women's soccer back back to back, mister, and I think John Cunningham, my cousin or nephew. Yeah, should you get him down at halftime of a UC men's game and get them on or do you agree?
Speaker 6: Yes? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Hockey tonight?
Speaker 1: EHL Action has the Cyclones on the road up against Fort Wayne Commets.
Speaker 3: Now there you go. Now, I got some other issues.
Speaker 1: Juan Soto allegedly today is going to pick the team. He will allow it to pay him six hundred and fifty million dollars. He has multiple offers of over six hundred million to play baseball for the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Mets, or the Dodgers, or maybe the Reds is a late entry. He's going to make more each year than the entire roster of the Cincinnati Reds make in one year. The Reds roster that in a week or a day, sixty million or more per year. Man for a minimum of twelve years, which my simple deal, Park Matt tells me might be seven hundred million.
Speaker 7: I saw the other day Willie that in deferred money, the Los Angeles Dodgers have like over well over a billion dollars in deferred money. Whur's that down the road with with all the players that they have?
Speaker 3: What's that down the road? How's that possible to be?
Speaker 1: Showy Otana de Otani day when he, like Bobby Bonia, he's still getting paid. I had on Randy freaking a few days ago. The lawyer wrote the book in nineteen eighty one about the breakup of the big red machine, right, and you know what the big issue there was in nineteen eighty one the big market teams had advantages over the small market teams.
Speaker 3: That hasn't changed as forty three years ago.
Speaker 1: And it said, you know what, it's not fair for the Yankees, the Mets, the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers, and they have that kind of money.
Speaker 1: So the Reds and the Pirates and the brew crew cannot compete. Here we are a correct what forty three years later and Juan Soto.
Speaker 3: Nothing has changed.
Speaker 7: They need the deal like the National Football League, but they're not going to get it because of the union and the green salad of salvation.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, you can be from Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or Cincinnati and compete against the Giants, against the Bears, right and against the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 7: At least they're getting TV money the Reds are having major League Baseball. Is Major League Baseball going to pay the Reds to do their games? I guess they're not going to get the money they got from Bally Sports and fan Duel and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Are they got forty million dollars a year from fan Duel? That's down the tubes. Forty Now, to the Yankees and Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 3: That's the way they got in their pocket.
Speaker 1: But to the Red Legs, to the Castellinis, they're rich, but they're not that rich. Correct to waste forty million right down the tubers? Your comments on that one. Nothing has changed forty three years later.
Speaker 6: Nothing.
Speaker 1: If somebody had said in nineteen eighty one that one player is going to make seven hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: You would have been deported.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: And then the Commissioner's got this stupid idea of a golden at bat.
Speaker 3: I mean, what are we do? You're making Melwyn.
Speaker 1: Marty Brenham and saying about a golden at bat beat beat the beat beat commissioner Manfred He said, the Marty is in London. Really, I'm sort of international. Could he be maybe negotiating a franchise there? Maybe the NFL and Lounderer. Is there going to be a coup where it's King Marty and Queen Amanda. Might be a coup in South Korea? But I don't know about London. But Marty's traveling the world right now. He just got off a boat. Imagine having Dela Cruz bat back to back against some game that or maybe get Juan Soto back.
Speaker 3: Your forty five games out of first place. They show you a tany back to back.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Just let him bat all day long.
Speaker 1: Well, I think baseball's in trouble. Sake, man, another gimmick and have made the shape count is fine? The pit, the clock is okay. How about now about three ounce? Got to phase three? Oh they're gonna be five by twenty twenty six. I heard five five ounce, five balls everything else and four strikes. They're just gonna throw throw arms out the window. Do you have hope? Do you have any hope at all? For what do you have hope? And what do you have hope?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: For the Reds and the Bengals, do you have hope always? How about Ohio State? The Buck guys, Ryan Day ninety seven and one against the Big ten except Michigan one and four.
Speaker 3: Tom the weed Man is happy.
Speaker 7: Heat, yeah, yeah, and Ryan Day's not having good days. Coach sat is not a good day, not good as Mark Stoops.
Speaker 3: Not good and Big Blue.
Speaker 1: So you take the Buck guy all games ninety seven and one, that's ninety eight. He's ninety eight and five against the Big ten overall ninety eight and five, and.
Speaker 7: That's not good enough. And in ann Arbor their love and life, you know, they just gave their a d like another five year deal with the millions.
Speaker 1: Ma, why don't you and I get a five year deal? Bonus Layton, Why don't we get that? Got to get an agent first, called Brian Goldberg. You know doctor Randy freaking he's unfreaking believable. Get him somebody to help.
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We just sit here a year after year, decade after decades and entertain entertain and just flounder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and is what it is.
Speaker 1: By the way, CNN is reporting that Biden was reluctant to pardon his son.
Speaker 3: You got to give me a brink number one. Would you pardon your son?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: What I pardon my son?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now what I would say is this, Look, I'm not going to talk about pardoning my son or segment son until near the end of my term, based upon all the circumstances. I'm gonna wait until and the people say, okay, well he wanted to lie to picture. Trump is the one who's anti democratic, not supporting the justice system. So Joe Biden could say, look, I'm the guy that won't even pardon my own son. But once he's not in office, guess what he's doing. What we knew he was going to do, but politically he took advantage of the other when he could. He's a clown with a capital K. Trump's fault anyway, Trump did it. It's Trump's fault. I don't blame him. It's Trump's fault.
Speaker 3: For hunter. Biden's part, Trump told me to part. I'm told me so him.
Speaker 1: He was first reluctant to do it, but then thought, you know what, my Justice department targeted my son. Does anyone believe that one my Justice Department targeted hunter Biden. The guy had a gun, he was on drugs, He stole money. How about human trafficking and horroring? He was a horror monger. You know what a horror monger is here, It's a monger of a horror That's what it is.
Speaker 3: He was a horror monger. Didn't he steal money from money.
Speaker 1: From millions of dollars, some of which went in this big guy's pocket. And now they're acting like, what are you talking about. I don't know where this money. If you had an eight year old granddaughter that had maybe eighty five thousand dollars stuck in her new checking account, would that cause any I R S scrutiny none whatsoever? He had eleven Biden family members get millions of dollars. The Treasury Department says something's wrong about this. The IRS looks into it and says, we want to follow these charges. They then say to the Department of Justice, Hey, we want subpoena power against the Bidens. You know what they said, bingo right there, But after all, don't be a monger of horror segment Okay, I'll write that down. I'm not even sure what that is. I don't either write that down human trafficking, drug use, guns, next to schools, partying, sex, sex, and more. And then he has his brother's widow hooked on drugs that he provided, and this guy gets a pardon. But I wasn't thinking about till very just recently. I thought, you know what, that might be a good idea. Let's pardon my son, give me a friggin break. Came hey, daddy, Daddy, Daddy, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go to prison for the next ten years. Can you help out your son? What the doc thinks about the whole thing? You mean, doctor Jill Biden, Doctor Jill Biden.
Speaker 6: Wait till that book comes out?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Segment I have a juris doctor degree. Would you please call me doctor Willie?
Speaker 3: I'm a doc. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You're a doctor?
Speaker 1: Or to sell Sarah a lease to assume the position, do a little uh whatever. Segment Thank you get me out of the Studge Report. Big thing this week, and of course Muller High School goes up against it. We got Scott Tackett in charge of Beach Beach Wood going up against it with a great pizza parlor there. And then we got the big game all weekend long. But a house Tate's not playing this weekend, right.
Speaker 7: No, Well, the good luck to Moler Beechwood, Ryle Cooper and the Mighty RedHawks this weekend for championships. We leave you with the immortal words of the Studo Fort.
Speaker 6: See highway patrol again next week.
Speaker 4: Until then, remember backast driving doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
Speaker 6: This is Roder Crawford saying, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Lastly segment. About minute remaining lastly segment. I'm watching doctor Jordan Peterson argue with a transgender activist about gender being fluid. And he asked the transgender activist, who was a paramedic, let me ask you a question. And it was a shall we say a woman that was a man who became a woman, and ask you a question. You're a paramedic, just him. You come up to an accident scene. In the backseat is a person who claims they're pregnant giving birth.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: She's why I get in the backseat do my analysis. See what first thing you do is, you know, take your pants down because you're having a baby. And let's say that happens and the person takes their pants down and they have a penis and other male attributes down below south Do you then say, okay.
Speaker 3: Let's deliver the baby.
Speaker 1: Or do you say, wait a minute, this is not reality. A bowl cannot give milk, and a rooster doesn't give.
Speaker 3: Eggs, and a man can't get pregnant.
Speaker 1: Should I act as if segmented that person in the back seat is about to deliver when that person has a penis? Can you answer that question for me? You can think about it, but don't do it now. Let's continue go cunning In the Great American Live, It's the Rome of the Bengals's radio seven hundred WO