Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It is a Thursday, which means we're going to do strange science late in the show and talk about some of the weird stuff in the world of science.
Speaker 3: Tech Talk is coming up.
Speaker 2: Mark Saltzman is going to join us, of course, and the strange story about Liver King.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this Netflix documentary yet about the guy who calls himself Liver King. Well, he just got arrested for threatening Joe Rogan of all people. He's starting to starting to slip. I think just a little bit. We'll talk about Supreme Court decision that came down today. But the big deal is the Pentagon came out not just the Secretary of Defense but also the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and gave some new details about the strike on the Irani nuclear facilities, but not a lot of intel.
Speaker 3: And that's this fight that's been going on.
Speaker 2: We know, of course, that there was a leaked intel report that came out of the Defense Intelligence Agency. That was the very preliminary report. It was written with low confidence. But it did say that there was a chance that the strike on the Iranian nuclear facilities was not as successful as the President might characterize it when he said it was obliterated. So Secretary of Defense Peteggseth is quite upset.
Speaker 3: I actually think he's justified.
Speaker 2: In his upsetedness at the media for publishing the story but without giving the full context. It was a preliminary report that was done one day after the attack, and it was written with low confidence, which just means they're using for a lot of them open source intelligence.
Speaker 3: You're looking at satellite pictures.
Speaker 2: You can't tell from ten thousand, sorry, from one hundred miles up. You can't tell exactly how much damage was done underground. Obviously, so Pete Eggseth and and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Dan Kine, held yet another news conference early today.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of discussion about what happened to what didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Step back for a second.
Speaker 4: Because of decisive military action, President Trump created the conditions to end the war, decimating choose your word, obliterating, destroying Iran's nuclear capability.
Speaker 2: Now, he also took issue, like I said, with the fact that this report was leaked, because you don't leak this thing unless you have an agenda.
Speaker 4: When someone leaks something, they do it with an agenda. And when you leak a portion of an intelligence assessment, but just a little portion, just a little portion that makes it seem like maybe the strike wasn't effective, then you start us.
Speaker 3: A news cycle.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now there's a couple of things that he's doing here. He's reiterating what he believes happened on that attack or in that attack on late Saturday our time, early Sunday, Iran time. And again he's relying on these very very early intelligence estimates, these battle damage assessments about exactly what happened. And when he refers to other people who also gave their own opinions about what happened, he's still relying on their words and not actual intelligence that was done on the ground. For example, he started went through a list. He started with the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency Rafaeld Grossi.
Speaker 4: US and Israeli strikes caused enormous damage to Iran's nuclear sites.
Speaker 6: Don't take my.
Speaker 3: Word for it.
Speaker 4: How about the IDF's chief of staff. I can say here that the assessment is that we significantly damage the nuclear program, setting it back by years.
Speaker 3: I repeat years.
Speaker 4: The Iranian foreign minister, the spokesman, our nuclear instrations have been badly damaged.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's an understatement.
Speaker 2: So there's one thing specifically that Pete hagg Seth said today that struck me as one hundred percent correct. All of that stuff, again, you're still dealing with very very preliminary intelligence assessments.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want this to be wildly successful.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to have set back the iron A nuclear program for years. I would settle for decades. I think that's an okay thing. I think this was the right decision. I think it was executed flawlessly by the men and women of the American military. All of that stuff does, all of that never changes, regardless of what the battle damage assessment is going to tell you.
Speaker 3: But this is what Pete haggsth talked about.
Speaker 2: He was asked it was actually a question to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, to Dan Kin raising Cain about what has changed about what goes on in the lead up to an early morning press conference like they had today. Well, what has.
Speaker 4: Changed would you use the term obliterated as well.
Speaker 5: Sir, like I said, we don't do BDA. I'll refer that to the intelligence community and you're.
Speaker 4: Talking with them.
Speaker 3: I mean, what changed in the past three days and make you.
Speaker 4: So you know, sir, I think I said, I mean, I think I explained what changed. There was a great deal of irresponsible reporting based on Leak's preliminary information in low confidence.
Speaker 3: Again, the follow up to that was this comment from Pete hagg Sef.
Speaker 4: You bring the chairman here who's not involved in politics here new politics. That's that's my lane to understand and translate and talk about those types of things.
Speaker 3: So I can use the word tobliterate it.
Speaker 4: He could use defeat, destroyed, assess all of those things. But ultimately we're here to clarify what these weapons are capable of.
Speaker 3: All right, two things.
Speaker 2: Number one, again, all kudos to the men and women of the military. And in fact, when we come back, I'm going to play for you a couple of cuts, the cuts from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs explaining who it was that was targeted in Iran's retaliation. Remember, they did fire some missiles at the Allodad airbase in Cotter or Katar, however, anybody wants to say it that and the Iranian Supreme Leader came out of his bunker and dropped a message that was basically a victory message, as weird as that sounds, saying that they had slapped the Great Satan, that they had slapped the United States of America somehow.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: A former National security advisor has an opinion about that message, So all of that is still coming. Hey, we always want to know what you're thinking. You can tell us on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. As you're listening on the app, there's a little red button, white microphone. Hit that little button and you can leave us a message and we'll get it right here into the computer. Chance for you to win one thousand dollars. Also, on the other side.
Speaker 6: Of this, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 7: Hey, Gary and Gary, I know I just like it. I know many other listeners dislike that. You guys never come out and say either Shannon's out or you're out at.
Speaker 3: The top of the show. I am here.
Speaker 7: You know, we're all waiting for the other one to chime in and nothing. You guys never say nothing for some while. So can he just say, hey, Shannon's out because let us know, sure, thanks.
Speaker 3: You bet Shannon's out, because.
Speaker 8: Hi, Gary.
Speaker 1: The thing that kind of is alarming for me when I watched Pete Haggs out is he seems very emotional. He's angry, he's reactionary. He yells at reporters, he's disingenuous to them, even the Fox News reporter, and you know, always saying CNN fake news, this and that.
Speaker 3: I want him to.
Speaker 1: Be more serious and focused when he's in charge of our defense. That's important characteristic.
Speaker 2: I agree with you that this was unbecoming of a Secretary of Defense, but he made that point when he talked about who talks politics and who talks fasts of the two of them, he's standing with the chairman of the Joint Chief.
Speaker 4: Systeminy to bring the chairman here who's not involved in politics here in new politics. That's my lane to understand and translate and talk about those types of things.
Speaker 3: So I can use the word obliterate it.
Speaker 4: He could use defeat, destroyed, assess all of those things. But ultimately we're here to clarify what these weapons are capable of.
Speaker 2: And then your point also when he went after he went after Jennifer Griffin from Fox News. She was asking about these images that we've seen, satellite images that show a line of trucks I don't remember the number, thirteen sixteen large trucks at the four to H enrichment facility before the bombings took place, and the speculation that those trucks were there to remove the four hundred kilograms eight hundred plus pounds of enriched uranium. Do they have certainty one way or the other were they there to do that? It was the uranium still in the facility when it was bombed.
Speaker 9: It's about highly enrich uranium. Do you have certainty that all the highly enriched uranium was inside the four Dome Mountain or some of it? Because there were satellite photos that showed more than a dozen trucks there two days in advance, are you certain none of that highly enriched uranium was moved?
Speaker 5: Of course, we're watching.
Speaker 4: Every single aspect, but Jennifer, you've been about the worst there, the one who misrepresents the most intentionally what the president says. I'm familiar about.
Speaker 9: The ventilations Chefts on Saturday night, and in fact, I was the first to describe the B two bombers, the refueling, the entire mission with great accuracy, So I take issue with that.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you acknowledging that this was the first, the most successful mission based on operational security that this department has done since you be here, and I appreciate that sobsolutely. We're looking at all aspects of intelligence and making sure we have a sense of what was where.
Speaker 2: I mean that that was the answer that should have come out earlier. That was the answer that should have come out on Sunday, which is to be honest, we're not quite sure. We do not have all of the intelligence that we're looking for. We sure hope we obliterated that thing, and it sure looks like it based on the very little intelligence that we do have. Jennifer Griffin is arguably one of the best Pentagon correspondents we've seen in the last twenty five or thirty years, and I thought it was interesting because Pete Hegseth used to work at Fox and I'm sure he's had communication run ins worked with Jennifer Griffin, so I thought it was kind of a surprise. Now, Iran's Supreme Leader has come out and suggested that despite the severe damage his words inflicted on the three main nuclear facilities for Iran and the recent decapitation of a lot of their military commanders and nuclear scientists, he said the Islamic Republic was victorious and in retaliation delivered a handslap to America's face. I'm assuming means the missiles that were fired at the Lodad Air base there and cutter. Kamani then warned that the US would pay a heavy price for launching future attacks and said that Iran has access to US centers in the Middle East. He didn't explain obviously he's not going to But one of the guys that has seen this is the former National security advisor himself. Stephen Hadley was a national security advisor for George W. Bush and described that this message from the Supreme Leader is a clear message that he is essing in his pants right now.
Speaker 10: It's pretty clear that the Israelis had penetrated all aspects of the Iranian society, the intelligence, the military, and all the rest. They knew exactly what was going on. They knew where to find these generals and scientists that they targeted. He must be very worried about one the penetration of Iranian security institutions, and he must be very worried about his own safety and security. So this is these are empty boats. And the third thing I think that we have to watch is what is the impact within Iranian society and within Iranian elites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if those elites then turn on the Supreme Leader. He's eighty six years old. They said his cognitive abilities have been declining those people who have been watching the Iranian regime and that this may be the opportunity for there to be some sort of a regime change, but it's got to come from from within. I want to before before wrap up this portion of the show today, I wanted to play this a Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff, Dan Kane, this morning, in this news conference from the Pentagon, paying tribute to those military members who were able to protect the Alladaide Airbase in caught her from the missile attacks from Iran.
Speaker 5: As a retaliation, roughly forty four American soldiers responsible for defending the entire base to include Sencom's forward headquarters in the Middle East, an entire air base and all the US forces there. The oldest soldier was a twenty eight year old captain. The youngest was a twenty one year old private who'd been in the military for less than two years. So let's put ourselves out there for a second. Imagine you're that young first lieutenant. You're twenty five or twenty six years old, and you've been assigned as the tactical director inside the command and Control element. You at that age are the sole person responsible to defend this base. Listening next to you is your early warning operator, whose job is to notify you of imminent attack. There's five people inside a vehicle and five people outside of a vehicle around these a total of as I said, forty four.
Speaker 2: All right, are you supposed to be a congressional briefing today on what we do know about what happened on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: But also the Supreme Court has come down big decision when it comes to planned parenthood, and we'll talk about that up next.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're going to be talking about the thirty dollars minimum wage. We know that they want to do it for hotel workers and some other workers ahead of the twenty twenty eight Olympics. Now there's a push to do a thirty dollars minimum wage in LA for everyone by people who don't quite understand economics.
Speaker 3: Shannon's out today on vacation.
Speaker 1: It just start a GoFundMe for Shannon when she's out to pay off these fines.
Speaker 9: We don't care.
Speaker 3: Let her work, Let her work.
Speaker 9: We want her back.
Speaker 3: Thank you, let her work.
Speaker 8: Hey, Shannon, you're doing an out standing job today, sounding like Gary Hoffman.
Speaker 3: Thank you, keep it up. Thank you, really good job. Take care of Shannon. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court decision that came down today. There's a bunch that are expected tomorrow. But one Supreme Court decision that came down today, split down six to three ideological lines through liberal justices dissented, actually will allow states to cut Medicaid funding to Plan Parenthood. This is a case out of South Carolina specifically, and in general, public money is not, or i should say, can't be used to pay for abortions. But Medicaid patients can go to Planned Parenthood for other things. They do other stuff contraception, cancer screening, pregnancy testing, sometimes it can be tough to find a doctor who takes publicly funded assurance and takes Medicaid, so that's why they are allowed to go to Planned Parenthood to find these other.
Speaker 3: Medical services.
Speaker 2: North Carolina's Republican governor has said that no taxpayer money should go to Planned Parenthood at all, and the budget bill that's currently making its way through Congress, the Big Beautiful Bill, would also cut Medicaid funding to Planned Parenthood. There is a suggestion a survey that says that as many as two hundred Planned Parenthood Planned Parenthood centers would have to close if they don't get Medicaid money. The governor in South Carolina again first moved to cut off Medicaid funding back in twenty eighteen. A court blocked it because there was a patient who wanted to keep going there for birth control because their diabetes makes pregnancy potentially dangerous. So she sued over a provision in Medicaid that would allow patients to choose their own provider, hoping that they're qualified, but that you would be able to choose your own qualified provider. The state of South Carolina argued patients shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 3: To file those lawsuits.
Speaker 2: So that is the decision that this basically allows the states to determine whether or not those lawsuits can be filed. Right now it applies to South Carolina. This is and will be precedent, which means that the expectation is other states would be doing it, especially the more conservative states, perhaps where even abortion is legal but is run by Republicans. So we know a bunch of other cases are still here, whether or not birthright citizenship needs to be changed. They'll also make decisions on keeping miners from accessing online pornography, if health insurance companies have to cover certain medicines and services like HIV preventative medic medication sorry, and whether a federal program that subsidizes phone and internet services through carrier fees is constitutional or not. They have to decide some of the cases brought by religious groups. They'll say if parents could be allowed to remove their kids from classes when LGBTQ curricula is being read, et cetera Louisiana Congressional District. I mean, there's a bunch of stuff that the Supreme Court still has yet to decide on. Six major case considered to be six major cases that are still pending so whether they come tomorrow or they kind of bleed into early next week, will we shall see?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: If you don't know Liver King, this is a guy, Brian Johnson, I believe is his name. He's the subject of a Netflix documentary that just came out last month. Complete looney pants in terms of his prescribed fitness wellness regimen. A lot of raw meats, like literally pull it out of an animal and eat it kind of meat. He's now apparently got a brainworm because he's going after Joe Rogan of all things, and he's been arrested in the city of Austin for his threats against Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: We'll explain this whole deal when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 3: Shannon's on vacation today.
Speaker 8: Garry, Yeah, that other caller is correct. We all wait and suspence knowing why you guys are calling off of work. You're in our public daily lives, so you owe it to us. Oh, oh my goodness, that's awesome. We're worried. That's why don't you like that? We care about you guys so much. We need to know everything. Yes, like, how about your bellel movements? What's going on there?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 8: Okay? Regular? Is Shannon Quitty?
Speaker 3: No, she's not, but thank you, Gary.
Speaker 8: Yes, I want to know where Shannon is.
Speaker 3: She's she's on vacation. Good morning, Gary.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 10: In the KFI Employees Manual, does this say that the key word for suspension is vacation?
Speaker 3: Just wondering, Okay, she's just on vacation. Have you heard of liver King? Liver Yes, liver King, liking liver King Here. I've been working out for the last thirty five years.
Speaker 8: The last fifteen of those years, I've been living an ancestral lifestyle.
Speaker 3: White vegetaballs renaka mine we Tastic is bomb broth, liver and meat. I was disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very accestral, ancestral, ancestral. It sounds like they're saying incestral ancestral like old timey, like caveman. Liver King is a guy roast to prominence. I guess you say he's an influencer, big, huge bodybuilder guy. The documentary that was from the trailer from the documentary that came out on Netflix last month, The big bombshell drop is and you'd know if you saw this guy. He was totally racking steroids the entire time. He was telling people that he only achieved this incredible physique through weightlifting, exercise, and eating raw organ meet. Now that that aside, the guy's got quite a personality. He's got a whole nine tenets of living the ancestral lifestyle. Sleep, eat, move, shield for like, you know, we have to avoid dangers like our ancestors did. Connect with the earth cold. He says, you should make yourself cold because comfort is the enemy of survival. Sun, get out in the sun, vitamin D, et cetera. Fight not necessarily fight. People just take risks, find opportunities and then bond, of course, connect with your friends and your family and your traditions and all that sort of thing, all the great fine things to live by.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: But somehow and for some reason, he has decided that he's going to pick a fight with with Joe Rogan and Joe Rogan. At the beginning, some of the comments on this documentary about liver King had said, oh, yeah, he's on stalon.
Speaker 5: The liver King thing drives me nuts, because that guy's on stars.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan, if you've ever listened to him, he knows plenty about that. He knows plenty of people who've been doing that, so there are some telltale signs, and he called him out. He called out Liver King for doing that. Now lately, Liver King has been publishing videos where he's threatening or picking a fight.
Speaker 3: With Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: For example, this one where he's walking around on all fours in his driveway.
Speaker 8: We don't have to make videos to pretend anymore. All of this is happening.
Speaker 9: We're coming to you.
Speaker 3: I've challenged you man to man to a fight.
Speaker 2: Or this one while he's giving himself a coffee em Joe ro hence the echo in the bathroom, and then this one where he's wandering around his house with his hoodie on.
Speaker 8: What I'm hoping is that you, Joe Rogan, are thinking I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to choke that more out, lights out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna choke him out.
Speaker 5: And I kind of hope that if you win, that's how it happened, because like to wake up from that dream, that's a good feeling. And then anything else that you could break on me, break it on me.
Speaker 2: Speaking of break, it sounds like this guy has had a break among other things, Joe Rogan is a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu and would probably hurt this guy pretty significantly. Brian Johnson liver King arrested Tuesday night at the Four Seasons of All Places in Austin, Texas because he was apparently in town to try to pay off this threat and go after Joe Rogan. As of this morning, he's still in Travis County Jail as they investigate making terroristic threats.
Speaker 3: That's the charge against him. It's a Class B misdemeanor.
Speaker 2: The Austin Police Department has said that this is still an active investigation and they did not provide anything else but a dramatic turn for this guy who fell from prominence pretty quickly back in twenty two. I think it was yeah, twenty two when he finally admitted, Yeah, yeah, I've been I've been racking steroids throughout my body for the majority of my weightlifting life. And you could tell just by looking at the guy all right. Up next, the city of La we know, wants to push a thirty dollars minimum wage for some hotel workers and others. Now, there is a group that is trying to push a thirty dollars minimum wage for the city of Los Angeles, for everyone that's coming up next. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.