Speaker 1: All right, before we get into Trisha's tour of Austin stomping grounds, just if you're just joining us, some stuff that you miss. JB's daughter is going to be on Fox seven on Thursday. We're going to get you a time for that in just a little bit. It's featuring her wake Surf School on Lake Austin. What's her website, jb.
Speaker 2: Austin Wakesurf Lessons dot com. But she's also partnered with float On.
Speaker 3: So if you've ever wanted them, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It'll be with about out there with float On doing that segment anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, so float on by the way boat rental and if you want to learn how to wake surf, grab a friend and go to that website and get a lesson from Raleigh. That is a lot of fun once you, I mean, and Riley's a two time or three time world champion.
Speaker 4: Two time great coach too.
Speaker 3: She's been coaching five years now. So get out there and learn to wake surf. It's a great way to cool off this summer.
Speaker 1: We also talked about the really cool glampying the house in bass Drop, which is the out The exterior of the house is all mirrors, so it doesn't even look like there's a house there.
Speaker 5: You have to really like it's the odd oud mirrored houses.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So that's some stuff that you've missed this morning. Right now, let's talk about Tricia and her group of girlfriends that they've been friends since they were seventh grade. They all went to Austin High together, then off to college and stuff, and then have remained friends all these years. And you guys all got together this weekend and kind of all landed at a friend's condo on South Lamar.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of the reason this old Austin tour happened because we're all staying at a friend, Claire's house right at Blue Bonnet in South Lamar, which, by the way, is an incredibly confusing intersection because you're crossing from blue But if you're on Blue Bonnet and just trying to go across South Lamar to continue on the other side to blue Bonnet, it's two lanes, but there are three traffic lights, and I was like, it's very weird, which one's my light?
Speaker 3: I can't I'm.
Speaker 2: Laughing because my daughter lives near there, and that section at Southomar is just a mess.
Speaker 4: So such a message, so confusing.
Speaker 5: So the guy in the left lane had his own turn left green arrow, So when he went, I just floored it and I went, I have no idea if.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to go or not.
Speaker 3: It was great for the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So all of us were in town, the five of us, we've known each other since we were eleven. We wanted to go to dinner Friday night Claire's condo. She has a corner condo. When you look out her window, you were looking down into the overflow parking for Matt cell Rancho. Wow, overflow parking packed. This was at like four thirty on Friday, absolutely packed. And I was like, well, let's just let's just hop the fence and walk over there. And she was like, I have chaggy camp for whatever reason. She's like, at one point I decided I could go under it, but then you're covered in dirt when you show up at Matt Cellar show. We were like, all right, let's don't do that. So we get in the car. We're driving up Lamar. We're going away from downtown. So Matt cil Rancho is on our left and y'all the line of cars turning right into the parking lot off of South Lamar.
Speaker 4: That right hand lane.
Speaker 5: Was nothing but cars waiting waiting to get into matt cel Rancho.
Speaker 3: Oh was this was this Father's Day?
Speaker 4: It was Friday, Friday? It was Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Got The line went all the way up to Kirby.
Speaker 1: Lane on La Mar by the way, Matt's el Rancho seats more than five hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's insane, about five thousand. We're trying to get in there at the exact same time. I could not believe it, and then I was like, now I want to go to mattzel Rancho even more. We did not because it was craziness. So we bypassed that and we went to Kirby Lane for old school.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm only ever eaten breakfast or brunch at Kirby Lane.
Speaker 3: Is that the original Kirby Lane that you were at Kirby Lane?
Speaker 5: No, we were on South Lamar. The original I think is off thirty fifth or thirty eighth on Kirby Lane, but right off like that. I don't even know if it's still there, the original.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is.
Speaker 4: I don't either.
Speaker 5: I do know that the one that's on South Lamar now is the second location on South Lamar. It used to be a little bit more towards downtown on the opposite side, and for a while after Kirby Lane it was Gordo's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it used to be there. It's just kind of moving around.
Speaker 3: So did you have idlea way? I need to know this. Did you have breakfast?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I had dinner.
Speaker 5: I had a glass of prosecco at Kirby Lane. I was like, I should be eating cinnamon rolls right now. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Was Jerry Way, did your waiter or waitress smell like bo or but two?
Speaker 4: No, neither one either.
Speaker 3: Old Austin's gone.
Speaker 5: How old Austin is slowly slipping away from us? Nobody smelled weird. And then so that was Friday night, and then Sunday my family was in town from out of town. They wanted to go somewhere authentically Austin ended up eating at the Texas Chili Parlor. We were just talking about that a few weeks ago, that how we hadn't been in years, and I've.
Speaker 6: Never saw school. I've never been to the Texas Chili Party. Right there on Lavoka, where'd you park? I found an open parking place right around the corner. My first try didn't have to pay parking on Sunday. It was like we were meant to go there.
Speaker 5: That places looks exactly like it did the day it opened, exactly. I don't think it's been clean since the day they opened either. It looks and smells exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Nothing makes you want chili more than humidity and one hundred degrees.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you this.
Speaker 5: Be careful when you're ordering their chili. I was like, I'm gonna do it a little spicy. I got the hobbannaro in pinto beans chili. She brought it to me. I took one bite and had to send it back. My mouth was on fire. Careful with the hobbor naro. It's hotter than you think it is.
Speaker 1: So while Tricia was doing that, this is the weird thing I did with one of Tricia's girlfriends.
Speaker 4: So one of those five girls that I was.
Speaker 3: Talking about, and so Tricia went to do that. I had some work. I could not attend the Texas Chili par Parlor.
Speaker 1: I couldn't go, and so Sean, Tricia's friend, was at the house and I'm sitting around. I'm watching the US Open. I'm hungry. Shawn's here. I'm like, hey, shar are you're hungry. She's like, yeah, I could eat something. I go, you want to go out to eat? Like okay? Oh, Sean and I went and had a romantic dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I get a text message from Sandy Sean or from Sean, your husband and I are having a romantic dinner too.
Speaker 4: It's like okay.
Speaker 3: And I was super worried.
Speaker 1: And then Sean paid for dinner because it was She said, it's Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I'm paid for it. I was like, oh, great, now I have to make out with her.
Speaker 5: I called him when I was leaving. He was like, she paid for my tab. So now I think she thinks I have to make out with her tonight. And I was like, you what you got to do?
Speaker 1: But we went to this good restaurant in Cedar Park called Levont. It's Mediterranean and it's you know, it's pretty authentic when you go in there and you're like, I don't know what any of this stuff is, but I'm gonna give it a try.
Speaker 3: And the best French fries you ever had in your life.
Speaker 5: The best French fries in all the land jb Are at that little restaurant in Cedar Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. So that was weird. But you guys, you guys made your rounds. Yeah, I know a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: We almost went to dirties, like I mean, I was almost like a like representing Austin tour guide, hitting all the old stuff.
Speaker 1: And then you were kind of fancy because you were out on Stratford Drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Claire's parents live on Stratford Drive and.
Speaker 5: I drove by my grandparents before they moved to the ranch that I grew up on with them at the age of seven, before they bought that ranch. When I was seven, they lived on Stratford Drive and I drive by there all the time. And my grandfather, again an iron worker, he made this gigantic mailbox out of steel. He sold that house when I was seven, So we're talking about, you know, almost fifty years ago. They demolished it. They built this gigantic mansion that you can see when you're crossing the bridge right down there. But they left the giant mailbox my grandfather made. I think because they couldn't destroy it. I don't think they could give it out. I don't think they could move it so they least awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, stick around. Coming up next before eight o'clock. Jbi's got some we're gonna call it things we like. Jmi's got some social media accounts that he'd like to recommend to you. What do they kind of about JB.
Speaker 2: One of them is a very funny girl and the other one is a It has to do with stalking, and she's using Instagram to fight back.
Speaker 3: I think I've seen this girl.
Speaker 1: I think all right, well, well we'll get into that and share with you some other things that we have stumbled upon and liked recently. Stay with us. It's coming up on Austin d av Station. What three point one. Hey, it's JB and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. You know, the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 2: When I do big, big decisions like this, I like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacy. Great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down. In Texas with a broken air conditioner, the way to prevent that, even if your AC's working right now is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cooled off again, because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 3: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for repair for a leaky fasta or a clogged drain, Koala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Koalacooling dot com or call five one two seven nine eighty eight hundred