Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's new.
Speaker 2: Video I renumber three of Night's Side. I'm Morgan Morgan, my junior filling in for Dan. I'll be here obviously until midnight, and I will also be here tomorrow, and then Dan will be back on Wednesday for the first of the year. I do my show on Saturday nights, and just to let you know, this will be my first Saturday back beginning at nine, my old time slot, and Stink Stu Fink will be joining me and he's already planned a great show. Gone but not forgotten the people who he lost in twenty twenty four. The man you're here in the background, that's Cleo Campbell, who are coursing to stay for another hour. He went kicking and screaming, saying no, no, no, don't make me, but he's here for another hour. We have one open line, and this subject has done bidter than I thought it would. We are talking about the groups and performers seventies and eighties that were from Boston. Good grief. We've come up with at least twenty odd names, and somebody is calling on the third line as we speak. So let's begin with Jack in Dorchester. Jack, good evening, thanks for calling in and how you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I didn't know. It's supposed to be local. But there was a place called the Cross Town Bus. It was back in Jubai August of sixty seven, and I saw the Doors.
Speaker 2: There's a group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right after like.
Speaker 2: In sixty seven, they were just becoming the monster that they became. Did you realize what was going to happen to them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Actually it was a friend of mine that I heard them and said, hey, we can get tires of this place called Across Town Bus. Now this was out right. I don't think it lasted very long, but any rate. Uh, so I saw the Doors and it appeared Jim Marshall was pretty sober.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at any rate, So he did basically the first album, Uh you know the Doors that was named the album right, And then of course, uh there was a surf and a tasket.
Speaker 2: Yes, no one has mentioned the surf.
Speaker 6: Yet, wasn't And then at one point.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, Uncle Sam, Yeah, I don't know about that, but all I know is I saw Wilson ticket, oh.
Speaker 2: The Wicked ticket.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and I know he put oh that was a great That was a really good show. You know, they had the you had the whole band come out, come out, and then he came out and yeah. Anyway, the surf was, you know, pretty amazing place and bridy and satday Idea all the time. So I used to go down there a lot.
Speaker 4: Uh but.
Speaker 2: Did you go by yourself? What did you bring a date?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I we always had a bunch of people. Okay, well this is toool. I was, uh, you know, sixteen seventeen and and people be calling up, Hey, you're going to surf. So now I had a cow.
Speaker 2: That's why you were popular with your friends.
Speaker 1: You drove, yeah, I drove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, so that was good. Of course I went to the Channel and Kate Montgomery.
Speaker 6: Okay we're here, We're here, yeah.
Speaker 3: Jack Montgomery and uh then.
Speaker 6: The Montgomery Dog. That was a good blue show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Boston I have a hotel which had a summer and coming round. Some of the bands I saw down there. But you know, so I saw a lot of groups and saw Janis jobs last concert was it had stadium Harbard Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her last concert was at Harvard Stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Because I ran into road manager at Passams in Cambridge, and he was the one that told me that was her last concert. Yeah at the'y rate. Uh well, happy in a year?
Speaker 2: And Jack, may I say this to you. I want to thank you for almost thirty years of loyalty to me. You've come to the different licens I've played, You've called the different radio stations I've had as a home, and I want to thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: I will talk to you sometime in the know year.
Speaker 2: I look forward to that, Jack, Thank you. Byebye. Jack's line is now open and available. You want to take it, and before no, it's gone there quickly. I want to let you know what I'm doing tomorrow night. We're going to talk about game shows with one of the gentlemen who was probably most qualified to discuss this subject, Roger Tarpowitz, who wants in college, wrote a letter to Mark Goodson and Bill Toddman. They answered, he got a chance to interview with them. He interned and worked his way up the ladder and for over thirty years was the executive producer of The Price Is Right as E Wow. He's going to be joining me tomorrow at eight Ken Mayer, former producer of Larry Glick, is going to be joining me for two hours from nine to eleven, and he and I we have an interesting game. And clear, I'm going to give give you the setup of what I'm doing with Ken tomorrow. What is that I'd want to set up a hall of fame, Hall of fame of TV actors, Oh, who have had at least ten years of prime time experience. And now I'm going to give you an actor wh did I write his name? Tim Reid? Why is Tim Reid going to be on ten years?
Speaker 4: Bonnie Bonnie Miller?
Speaker 2: And no, not Bonnie Miller, that's wrong, Glass, Okay, Tim Reid.
Speaker 6: Oh, w Chatty and.
Speaker 4: That's seventy show he was on too.
Speaker 2: He did have a cup of coffee there and Simon and Simon and Sister Sister.
Speaker 4: I watched. I never knew he was on Simon and Simon. I never watched that show.
Speaker 2: He was the police. Every detective show has the policeman contact. Yeah, he was in police contact. So that gave him over ten years of primetime exposure. There are plenty of people like James Onness. They were on for twenty years in a row. But whether you're on one show for ten plus years or a number of shows for ten plus years. Ken and I are going to be discussing that tomorrow from nine to eleven, right, and then Buddy always for the first week of January. And I'm a bit premature, but I've already got something planned for my first show in January with stew I've got Big Elvis coming on.
Speaker 4: Oh that guy?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we're going to talk about Elvis Presley now.
Speaker 6: That I've been out there anymore.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. He's lost a lot of weight, a lot of weight. Let me take my break. All lines are full, and when we get back, we'll be speaking with Peggy, Chuck and John, not necessarily in that order. Time and temperature here on Night side ten, fifteen fifty one degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World, Night six Studios on.
Speaker 2: WBZ News Radio. Oh my goodness, this past hour in fifteen minutes has been phone hot, full line, many many, many memories about both groups, bands, performers, and clubs. That's what we're talking about. If you were around Boston in the seventies and eighties, where's your favorite place to go to catch a live act? Of some sort. Chuck and Arlington. You're next. I'm guessing Chuck is going to talk about faces since we found out they were in Arlington.
Speaker 4: Hello Chuck, Hi Chuck, Chuck.
Speaker 2: You're there, Chuck in Arlington, going once, going twice. Goodbye, Chuck. Let's now go to Peggy. Peggy, how are you?
Speaker 7: Oh honey, I'm I'm had with dreason.
Speaker 8: I will play Purging of.
Speaker 7: Hi Sweet. Listen. You two guys are bringing Niche a happy New Year.
Speaker 8: And I keeps playing my music because he played music around Christmas as I called to.
Speaker 9: Tell him that him and you know that.
Speaker 7: Now, Yes, well, I slang nine from seven to eleven at night in the seventies and last was yes, right across from the Herald newspaper. And I had come in at seven o'clock at night, and the waitresseses told me that any Sanda came in for lunch on this staff. But his daughter's birthday was this week and she was eighty seven, Jane Vanda, and that's the same age I am. And I was telling the three Sunday at math on the Saint Agels of Pope and he sets me, but you've been of looking I'm cute and he helped me to understands because they have a cane. But I'm thinking also of Paul's Mall, and I just told me what my cousin, Yeah, I'm not said the middle of that Paul's Mall. She sat with us, and I told her that she was going.
Speaker 8: Places and she certainly did.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But anyway, anyway, so good to hear you two talk about the good time. I miss Snatching Cole, I miss Frank Sinatra, Miss Terry Como. I mean to me, that was she was. I don't understand the kids' music today. I can't make out one word, especially a naughty word.
Speaker 2: But Frank, Perry Como, Nat King Cole all played at one time. They all played in Boston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sinatra did a tour with yea was I think Dee Martin and Eliza Manelli and they played at the Boston Garden. That was you know my Yeah, My buddy went to see the his father went to see the show, and he just said, just seeing Sinatra, I was just like, it's for him.
Speaker 4: That was that was.
Speaker 6: That was one of the things he loved seeing with Sinatra. And I always say Sinatra, I love Sinatra. I think he's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I saw Frank at the Desert in early nineteen nineties. He obviously was not the man he had been in the forties, fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties, but it was still Frank Sinatra and you couldn't help but enjoy the show. And I saw I saw Dean Martin on his own. I saw Sammy Davis Junior with Jerry Lewis, of all people, so I got to see the rat pack in a disjointed way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so, Peggy, Peggy, you're still there, I guess she hung up. Happy New Year to you, Peggy. Yeah, to go to John and Stoughton. Is this the John and Stoughton that used to be a regular caller.
Speaker 11: I used to call from time to time to Larry. Let's see, Uh yeah, a long time ago.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: How about the camp Well, thank you vill Die. He was a great one too. So how about the Cantab Lounge, Little Joe Cook and the thrillers.
Speaker 2: Our peanut I had seen because the Cantab We played softball on Magazine Beach in the eighties and nineties, and the place we went after softball for Bevertshire two was the Cantab and I, oh, good grief, what was the name of the owner? Because from the phone to Dring he used to answer candy Tab, Candy Tab. And there's a mural on one of the side streets off of mass Have in Cambridge, just as you approached Central Square from Boston, and it had all of the major personalities in Cambridge, usually the music personalities, and among those on that wall is little Joe cook.
Speaker 11: Yep I got one more extreme Gary Sharon.
Speaker 4: Ok Sharon van Halen and he actually played Jesus Christ Superstar at one point.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a good good friend of mine as a creative director at the Boston Rock Opera. And I saw him with Kay Hanley from Letters to Cleo. Yeah, so.
Speaker 8: What do I wanted the drama on you?
Speaker 6: Hey, I have a question for you. What do you think of the group Buffalo Tom? I? I liked him, and I like.
Speaker 11: The Lemon hed the Lemonheads. The Lemonheads are great.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: There used to be a band called the Mission.
Speaker 8: Of Burma, which is from Boston.
Speaker 6: Yeah the Atlantics. Did you see the Atlantics?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 11: But the Mission of Burma had a second band that started called the Volcano Sons, and a good min who passed away. He was with that band yet and uh yeah they had a lot of ties to that record star on Newberry Street there the underneath, get the name of that joint. But yeah, so good scene in Boston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Boston had a great, great performance here he did.
Speaker 11: No you gotta keep your thing. So there's a there's Cleario. I don't know if you know her Claro. She's new and up and coming, she's got roots in Boston and uh, you know, she's pretty popular right about now with the kids. So some good stuff. And then Matt Nathan's and he's kind of regional. So we'll catch up with y'all.
Speaker 4: Have a.
Speaker 2: Happy to John all right. Time to give the phone numbers again. Six five, four, ten thirty eight eight eight nine to nine, ten thirty. My friend Cleiol Campbell and I are discussing bands, performers, musical acts that played in Boston either got some notoriety or major notoriety, radio way play in the seventies and eighties, and as well some of the places that they played, you know, the rat in the rad Scaler in Boston, Chemo Square.
Speaker 6: Oh I got one for your sugar shack.
Speaker 2: Oh, good grief, how did we not mentioned Sugar Shack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Sugar Shack was a name that.
Speaker 2: A number of clubs had across the country. And the Jimmy Gilmer song There's a crazy crazy to the place along the track, Yeah that. Yeah, sugar Shack was not the Boston Sugar Shack.
Speaker 6: No it wasn't it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a well known place that a lot of the musical acts in Boston had their fame launched from the Sugar Shack.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: And you know a band We did not mention what's that New Addition? No, no, we mentioned New Edition. New Kids Kids. Yeah they were a major band in them day.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they're actually New Kids and New Addition toured. They actually played Singaway Park. Yeah that was definitely a mixed audience. But Michacurity brother his brothers in the band, two of his brothers in that New Kids. He said, the show is unbelievable. He said, the show is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Wow, those were the days, and it's funny. Yeah, they keep having reunions. New Kids on the Block have had at least four reunions all over again with their fame, and they tour. And we mentioned that about New Edition because New additions on their are fortieth anniversary tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I new addition should be in the Roca Ll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Who knows, Maybe one day we'll take you. Yea, Cleo, it's just about ten thirty. You and I have full lines on this subject. So we've been doing it for ninety minutes straight and we'll be doing it for the next half hour. All right, and it's all because of you, sir. Not mean this subject, Radar, Yes, the caller is, but you mentioned this as the Morgan we should do subject.
Speaker 6: It was a week ago, Yes, sir, all right, we're gonna have another idea for a show too.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, let's not push your luck.
Speaker 4: I'll hold it. I'll hold that, okay.
Speaker 2: Time and temperature ten thirty forty seven degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Rob and I were just having an interesting exchange off air. Thank goodness, off air, Cleiar. You ready for another call? Yes, sir, let's go to Arlington and speak to Chuck.
Speaker 6: Chuck.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Happy New year.
Speaker 6: Hi Chuck, Hello, Happy New Year, Happy New Year, Morgan, Happy New Year.
Speaker 12: Can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 6: Loud and clear yea gorgeous, gorgeous. I spent a lot of time.
Speaker 12: Living near Twin Donuts and Brighton during the eighties, and there's a club there that just has to be mentioned. They it was Cole Harper's Ferry. Do you remember that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I heard.
Speaker 12: Harper's.
Speaker 4: There are three.
Speaker 12: Bands that played there, their regional bands. They never made it, but they were absolutely phenomenal. I wonder if any of you guys or any of the listeners heard them. They're they're just amazing. First band, uh, super honey, it was amazing. The second band was Chucklehead. I never got I guess that.
Speaker 4: Hello for two.
Speaker 2: Chuck you still there? All right, Chuck is gone. Chuck called back in so we can find out that third band, and let's go to Dorchester and speak with Anne Marie. Good evening and Marie, Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: Year.
Speaker 10: Thank you. I was I was just trying to answer the question you had about the Cape with the band, the one that was the train theme, and that was Puffer Bellies.
Speaker 3: I think that's right.
Speaker 4: That is okay.
Speaker 6: I should have known that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there used to be the DJ John Morgan. I actually he used to play in another place down the Cape he just passed away recently, but he was great.
Speaker 2: He was a DJ though, and Billy and Ken because j D was John Aldridge and he and I co wrote a musical that ran in Boston in the early nineties. But j D, Billy and Ken used to play at Puffer Bellies every summer.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. And then there was also the Compass Lounge down there.
Speaker 2: Thank you for helping me remember these things.
Speaker 10: You said someone would call it and nobody did. I said, I can't let that go.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you because in my old age I get forgetful.
Speaker 10: Me too.
Speaker 2: And how often did you go to Prefer Bellies?
Speaker 6: Not that often?
Speaker 10: Not that often I was in Boston, but we would. We would get out on the weekend, maybe to happy hours and things like that. Right, and Trumpets Lounge we used to go down There was a band, PF and the Flyers, but they weren't Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard of them.
Speaker 9: They were great.
Speaker 10: They were great.
Speaker 2: I know this without even mentioning it. You were a well behaved young lady in those days.
Speaker 10: I certainly was.
Speaker 9: Yes, I know you were.
Speaker 2: I know you were.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Amory, thank you for having me.
Speaker 10: I love your show.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Amory. Good night, Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: Can I can I bring up to Charlie.
Speaker 2: Horse, Oh good grief? Yes, Bridgewater, West Bridgewater.
Speaker 6: Used to I know, you know we used to see you perform there. I got to tell you my friend's band they called the World from their band. They're up a fantastic R and B punk band, if you want to call it that. And I used to see them.
Speaker 4: There all the time.
Speaker 6: And that's a band that I just saw them recently at.
Speaker 4: In Brockton at.
Speaker 6: The Westgate Rounde and they put on a fantastic show.
Speaker 2: There's another place that you used to have a lot of musical acts come in Westgate Lounge.
Speaker 4: Yes, the same place. That's the same place. Yeah, you mentioned.
Speaker 2: That's why I said they need to be mentioned as one of those places that had great musical acts performed there.
Speaker 4: And they also switched the name the Caffety's because the guy like John Katherine and the Beaver Brown band in which he brought the band there to play and that was a great show. I've actually seen that show.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you know, okay, get it a caller. I got a couple. But there's one open line. Whoever takes this open line? Six one, seven, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, nine ten thirty will be the last person for you and I to entertain here on night side. We've got Bob and Al. But there's room for one more QT TV show from the sixties. Let's go up somebody took it. Let's go to Chelmsford and speak to al L.
Speaker 6: How you doing Al?
Speaker 4: Yeah? God, I hate that song. Yeah, but venues I would act is the main act which was right over the right over the General Edward Ridge from Revere into Lynn. It was the old motel. Then you had uh Jonathan Swift's Oh yes, and of course the Channel. Well we've been mentioning the Channel it was mentioned. Okay, yeah, but one did where did you hang out?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Mostly the Channel?
Speaker 2: And what band act did you see there that you recall?
Speaker 4: You got the dol Fuegos. Great? We just played a reunion show this past weekend at the City Winery. Okay, Uh, the one on the Stompers yet great? Great band? Uh Baron's Woodfield Nice? Oh you went to that show? I know what show you're talking about. Yeah, that was a great I wish I mean I wish I went. Honestly, I wish I went. I saw it because they were advertising. Because John Butcher actually played a show too, didn't he. Uh yeah yeah, And then of course Duke and the Drivers, Yes, very much so good band. But it's funny if you go with the del Fuego's what their you know, great boss and band. What they're all doing now, what are they doing? At least Dan Zanes I have to call him the modern day Rothie. Him and his wife child put singers for kids.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh what a geese in the drama runs right turn. It's a place for musicians and others for alcohol and drug problems to get them going. Warren Zanes wrote Tom Petty auto, uh autobiography. He just wrote, uh, the new Springsteene book that's being made into a movie about what he was his life was doing making Nebraska okay, and Tom Lloyd he works at NASA.
Speaker 2: Going from a rock band to working at NASA.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, you know, you know what's funny about the Dela Fagos. They were considered the number one bar band for like two years straight. Oh yeah, back in the ladies. Such a great band, such a great much so, and of course you had some great chows of suffolk Downs during the STU.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a shame man. She used as closed up because a lot of great performers, musical acts Eddie Emleman's Hot Dug Safari use downs as their backdrop.
Speaker 4: But they now this past summer they opened an outdoor facility since they've renovated all the Suffolk Downs, they didn't have an outdoor concert facility.
Speaker 13: Well they've got any room for parking, that's for sure, Oh, Jeff, And I'd have to say the most unusual double bill I sorry Suffolk was Aerosmith opening for Shy n O.
Speaker 6: But my f is a very popular band back.
Speaker 2: Then, so then that should have reversed, should have opened for Aerosmith.
Speaker 4: Right, And I'd have to say the first show I ever started Suffolk August eleventh, nineteen sixty six. My first concert ever there the Beatles. The Beatles, you're going to mention that.
Speaker 2: And do you remember who opened for them?
Speaker 4: The Rownettes, Bobby Helms burying the remains and the circle in the circus. It's funny thing was, oh yeah, Specter was sick. She did not sing on that show, just like a red rubber ball.
Speaker 2: Al, thank you, thank you for your call.
Speaker 6: Al, thank you, I having a Godfunkle get that song Happy New Year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Happy New Year is new I didn't know that Simon and Gardfunkle.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, yeah they woke up.
Speaker 2: There is one open line.
Speaker 4: Take it.
Speaker 2: I guarantee we'll get you on. I'm pushing it, but we'll see. Let me take my break now and uh six one, seven, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty Mary and Bob. We will get to you and maybe a third person after these messages. Here are night Side. Dan Ray is off Clil and I are here. I'm Morgan, He's Cleo. Time and temperature ten forty four forty seven degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Wallfam and speak to Bob here on night Side, Bob, good evening.
Speaker 6: Hey Bob, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: Logan, I haven't talked with you in a long time. Hey guys, well here I am.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 5: Hey quick one. You did the reverse headline and opening act, the first one that came to my mind. And I'll mention my Boston band in a minute. In the early eighties, Lionel Ritchie was the headliner, and believe it or not, on his tour, Tina Turner was the opening act. I remember seeing that.
Speaker 6: It should have been the way around, was saying gonna comeback, We're going to come back at that time.
Speaker 5: And about you're absolutely right, And about seven or eight years later it was absolutely reversed. Tina Turner was headliner and Lionel Richie opened up for her.
Speaker 2: That's what it should have been. Yeah, that she can be my private dancer any day of the week.
Speaker 5: Hey, I've been in and out listening to your show tonight. Did you happen to mention or did they qualify for Boston Band The Cars?
Speaker 2: No one mentioned in the Cars. Uh did you mention that, Cleo?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 6: Okay, I missed it. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rick, he was from New Jersey. He is from New Jersey.
Speaker 6: And WBCN was playing them a lot. And then all of a sudden, because in seventy six, the big dance in seventy six was the Cars Meat Loaf Boston, and there was one other big and John Cougar was coming up at that time too, so that was this. But Boston was definitely dominating the music scene in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Plus the disco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Car's first singles came out in seventy eight. I remember the summer of seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just what I needed.
Speaker 6: And best Friend's Girl okay, you're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and another another venue, sort of an obscure venue. It's not it's not going to get the notoriety of some of those Boston clubs, but they did get the Stompers. Uh Kleil. You mentioned another band that played at this place as well, and also Dale and I don't know Dale and the Duds qualifies, but the mont Ponset down in Halifax.
Speaker 2: Don't know that one.
Speaker 5: It's right under right under fifty, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: Bob thought to mention, good show. Thanksbout going, Bob.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, Mary in Boston, you're next on night side?
Speaker 4: Hey Mary?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 14: Gentlemen, Happy New Year. So someone just stole my thunder. I wanted to mention the Cars, but I grew up in situate. When I was in my mid seventies, we saw the Cars play at the Bell Boy restaurants. I doubt anyone's ever heard of that. I was hoping that the Bell Boy, Oh, we saw them play there before ever they ever even became a big band. Yeah, mid seventies. It's the cars do at Harbor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's how you become popular.
Speaker 4: You have to tour. That was so fun.
Speaker 14: That was crazy.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And then I did want to mention I guess somebody mentioned the Sands and Hull, but I was there when it was Uncle Sam's. Yes, okay, okay. And then one other thing. You mentioned Proper Bellies. But did anybody mention the mill Hill Club? I used to love going there.
Speaker 6: Somebody else mentioned I think, yeah, they did mention.
Speaker 4: It, Okay, okay.
Speaker 14: I listened to most of the show. Sorry, gentlemen.
Speaker 11: I guess I.
Speaker 9: Missed a few of the of your.
Speaker 14: Guests, but many great show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Mary. I know you were a well behaved young lady down in the Cape in those days.
Speaker 14: Morgan, we won't go there. Oh, let's say I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, and I hope is a great year for you.
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you, thank you so much. I appreciate that, Morgan, love your show. Take care, Mary, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And this will be the last call. Well, Rob, take the call, put them on hold. We'll see what happens after Michael, Michael and Foxborough.
Speaker 15: Welcome Morgan and Cleo and Cleo. I met you at the Fallout Shelter the beginning of the year with Lady Anamoya.
Speaker 4: Oh we have Mike Merlin. How you doing?
Speaker 6: How you doing, Mike Marland. What's going on?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Well, I'm all over the well.
Speaker 15: Thank you for taking my call. I'm going to be all over the map with what i have to say. I know we're talking about greater Boston, but in Worcester we gotta mention Sir Morgan's Cove where the Rolling Stones played.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that and they had what was that the Steal Steal Steel Wheels concert and they only that place only had like two hundred capacity.
Speaker 15: Right, it's no longer their sadly, it's an apartment complex near the New Ballpark. And we should give some credit to folk music in Boston club Passium.
Speaker 2: And Cambridge definitely we should, yes, and also some.
Speaker 15: Folk musicians from out of Boston, especially Patty Larkin.
Speaker 6: I heard yep.
Speaker 15: I have some an album in my hand Rounder Folk Volume one Rounder Records from out of Cambridge and they have some musicians on their compilation album. And there used to be a folk magazine called Fast Folk Musical Magazine and they have a compilation of folk singers from Boston. They had compilation albums from like New York, Boston, Los Angeles. It's it's a great album. And then I'm going to go beyond folk to a lot of punk music that came out of Boston. In my hands, this a suffer this album. It's from a record company out of Boston. It's almost similar to what Tang Records did for their artists and the musicians, uh from the eighties around this compilation album. Hula Baloo, The Dogmatic, Yep, Hectic, Hey Day, Feeding Frenzy, this other band called five so they're are on this compilation album I have. Boston is a great city, was a great city for different types of music. And I know you talked mostly about rock musicians, but there's other great types of rock that came out of Boston that had an impact nationally and internationally.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: One group I want to bring up because you mentioned, was the group called Orpheus and they're going to mention that too.
Speaker 15: I have that album too.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: There so yeah, I can't find the time to tell you such a great song. Yeah, it is you know, I mean it didn't. It was a local hit, but they're the only group that really you know, they covered it and they actually chatted. Was a group called Rose Colored Glasses, which was a group I think from England, and also Hoody and the Blowfish did it for the album for it was a Jim Carriery album where he had to split personality. I forgot the name of.
Speaker 4: This, but myself Irene Irene.
Speaker 6: Yeah great, I mean they did a great job with it as well.
Speaker 15: So and I'm going to go West of Worcester mentioned this band that was great in the seventies, four albums on Capitol Records didn't break through as much, but from Western Mass John Thussart Dark Band, Oh yeah, and John Poussart is touring with two other musicians from his original band in smaller venues like the Cannon Natick Narrows in Far Wherever, other small venues like that, and he's still currently touring. I saw him at t Can in September and it was great.
Speaker 2: All right, Michael, I got one more person to get on.
Speaker 6: So I want to thank you for your calling you you take care of probably.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 5: Yes, Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: To both of you.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. All right now Rob in West Roxburgh, you will be the final call of the night.
Speaker 9: Hello Rob, Why how you doing? I can't believe I've never called. But anyways, I just want to mention a few things. I was in a band. I played the Rod a bunch of times. I seen the Police. The band I used to go to the old original tea Party on East Berkley Street which.
Speaker 6: Is played the Tea Party.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's you original went on East Berkley. We used to sit up in the balcony and take let us Do and what's the wise show. I've seen Jack Do, Talaware and a few other bands who were always taking LSD then and uh, just a bunch of I played in the band The Attitudes. You know, we were nobody, but we had a good time and we're local guys, you know. And there's so many bands. I related to every band that you've mentioned, so I you know, I can't. I haven't lay it down to tell you. But I've seen the Police at the at the Rock when they first came here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Red I mentioned them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I played there a bunch of times till on off nights. But we had a good time. There was that guy that had owned the place. Do you remember that guy? He's always beat the door. Uh, and that's who you talk to all the time.
Speaker 10: You can't do it.
Speaker 9: He has to kind of disability or something. I can't remember now.
Speaker 4: But heavy set.
Speaker 9: What I've seen. Mike Bloomfield my favorite guitarist, one of them you mentioned. I took a picture of them my instrumtic handler and they didn't even come out.
Speaker 2: Rob. I hate to do it, but amount of time, but thank you for your call.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, thank you, Rob, Thank you for playing in the band.
Speaker 4: In the band, and.
Speaker 2: Thank you for two hours of great radio.
Speaker 6: Thank you any calum you know that more than and real quick.
Speaker 2: You had another idea?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: Blue Eye sold I actually righteous.
Speaker 6: It goes a little bit deeper than that because I played some groups I never I always thought they were black outis and come to find out they're white white artist. I was like, you gotta be killing me.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that off air because I got a news hit to make. Cleo again, thank you, Happy New Year to you. Barbara Feldon is scheduled when we come back. Hopefully she'll be where she is supposed to be. Time and temperature here on night side ten fifty eight forty seven degrees