Speaker 1: And did you hear that? Come on, come on, and did I hear what that whistles? That's the Rinsol white whistle, and Rinso means us.
Speaker 2: That's right, Rinso gets clothes, Rinso wipes, and Rinso presents the amoson Andy show.
Speaker 1: I've got a hunch.
Speaker 2: That some wash days, a lot of you ladies look at your laundry hamper and the clothes seam piled way up to here, and your spirits go like this because you don't see how you'll ever get it all done. Well, that's your cue to switch to Sophie Rich Rinso. With those peppy Rinso SuDS in your washer, it takes as little as a five minute run for each load to give you a wash that's really clean. You see, Rinso gets out more dirt, washable colors come out Rinso bright safely shirts and sheets, and all your white wash look gleaming Rinso white. Get Rinso ladies tomorrow, first thing and now are stars Amos and Andy.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Andy Brown, that gay romantic figure has actually fallen in love with a girl he found listed in the Lonely Hearts catalog and has been pressing his courtship through the post office as we find Andy. Now he is telling Amos and the Kingfish all about Gordenia Smith, his mail order fiance number sixty six in the catalog.
Speaker 3: Well, there's Goddina's picture fellas number sixty six in the catalog.
Speaker 1: How you look to you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sure, lucky son? Oh?
Speaker 5: Is he really a good looking Galander?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And since we've been writing each other regular this has developed into a real love match.
Speaker 6: I say, by the way in there or all they've got in this catalog is pictures of the gals and their numbers. How do you find out their name and address so you could write to us?
Speaker 3: Well, when he finds the picture of the gall your wants in the catalog, you sends the club her number with a dollar and they send you back a name and address.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a pretty good idea there, Brolander. Oh yeah, that's how it works. Huh.
Speaker 6: But tell me this, and you sound like you and this Guardenia Smith is practically married.
Speaker 1: Did you propose by.
Speaker 7: Meil to Oh?
Speaker 3: Show I read the proposal Tuesday and send it to words.
Speaker 1: You live in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Uh, And just this morning I got a telegram saying she a arrives New York today and for me to meet her at the Hollm Plaza Hotel at two o'clock.
Speaker 5: Oh so you rid a proposal, didn't you coming to New York?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: Then there you really on the hook now, all kingfish. Look at that picture?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: She looked like Lena Horn.
Speaker 3: Look at that beautiful faith catalog or no catalog. That's a gal that any man that's been Wait a minute, hello, right, and what you want?
Speaker 2: Hello, gentlemen?
Speaker 9: I riced oway here?
Speaker 1: Oh what did I rice over here?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: I know why?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I don't neither it was something or what was? Well? What's that in your hand?
Speaker 11: There's a special the letter for you especially deliver in Mosanna. Uh, that's why I rice over here.
Speaker 1: Special liber letter here. Let me see that. Who is it from Don Guardenia?
Speaker 3: No, from the Lonely Hearts Club? Ah boy, my alma matera. Yeah, maybe they want a fifty cent bonus. Because I picked the best looking Gallony catalog.
Speaker 1: It must be reporting reader and to go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dear sir, this is to inform you that, due to an unfortunate era, instead of sending you the name and address and number sixty six, we sent you the address of Gardenias Smith, who was actual number ninety nine in the catalog.
Speaker 1: And uh wait a minute, that.
Speaker 3: Means i'd unprepost the number ninety nine instead of sixty six, Kingfish, give me that catalog.
Speaker 1: Brother, and were ahead of you.
Speaker 5: I already got the catalog open to the picture of nine to nine, the real Gardenia Smith looking at it? You is what is the news, King Fieg, And prepare yourself for the worst.
Speaker 6: Well, why ain't number ninety nine as pretty number sixty six?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well pretty?
Speaker 5: The best way to describe her is to say that you got a face that.
Speaker 1: On second thought, I ain't sure it is a face you ain't, huh, norm, But then.
Speaker 5: Again it must be your face has got his on it.
Speaker 6: Well, put it down on the desk there so we can all see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, and there, gather your nerves, steal yourself and if you got into rules colored glasses, hand and slip them on.
Speaker 1: Here's the picture.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I'll tell you one thing, fellas, this is one preposal.
Speaker 1: I ain't going through it. Give me that phone and I'll call her.
Speaker 5: Hold hold hold it, hold it, and they'll hold it.
Speaker 1: Hold it. What's matter?
Speaker 7: King?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's wrong?
Speaker 5: Uh, this Guardenius Smither has got your proposal of marriage and writing. If he tries to break your engagement, she can slap you with an air tight breach of promise that'll have you paying over the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: He is right, and yeah, there's only one thing for me to do. Get over to see my lawyer, Gabby Gibson, Come on.
Speaker 4: King, Well there you will, gather.
Speaker 5: Andy done told you all the factions and the kills. Now do you think there's any way that he can get able to marrying this Guardenius Smith.
Speaker 13: Well, they got to see the guy questionally, yes, and d guy explained the thing to you. Yes, And that's the only thing to do. You got to face the guy. You gotta face it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Let me see the picture because uh, I don't mind. You can't face that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Gabber, you can see why I can't marry that Gal. Is I really gotta breach your promise? Suit on my hands if I don't.
Speaker 13: Oh, this is more than just beat your promise, much more. Yes, Indeed, this is contempt to court. That's what it is. Contempt to court.
Speaker 1: Contempt to court. I'll you figure of that.
Speaker 13: Well, any man that court. A gay like that certainly got my contempt. That's contempt court if I haven't had it.
Speaker 3: Look yere, Gabby, couldn't you, as my lawyer, kind of find some way to keep me from marrying that?
Speaker 1: Hagh? That's the second I thought, just hit me.
Speaker 10: I think I got something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I either got something. Yes, it does one condition and it can be in so you don't have to marry that gain at all.
Speaker 7: Only one condition?
Speaker 1: Oh great, Gabby? Great? Uh? What condition do I have to be in? You has got to be uh dead.
Speaker 13: Dead.
Speaker 3: King fish. I'm telling you, Gabby is crazy. What good is it going to do me to say I am dead?
Speaker 1: Listen here?
Speaker 3: Now, I got a fifty dollars Christmas club at the bank that I done thin half on half huh yeah, and I guess it tomorrow. Tell you what, I'll give you the whole twenty five dollars that you get me out of this mess.
Speaker 1: Brother, And there's the deal. You have started my brains working. I got it. What is it? Now? Look here, we'll say that you is dead. Now listen.
Speaker 5: If you is dead, then Guardeenia Smith won't.
Speaker 1: Insist on marrying it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know judge is from her picture, I don't think she's that choosy.
Speaker 5: Now look, Anne, look here, you rate a suicide note saying that you have done throwed yourself in the Harlem River. Then I takes the note up to Guardeena and tells her that I was a detective.
Speaker 1: From the suicide squad. Well, what good is that gonna do? Well?
Speaker 5: As a detective, I can tell her that the police wants all the love letters you done, riddles evidence.
Speaker 1: In the kids.
Speaker 5: You see that way, I gets back the letters for you, and Guardeenia Smith, ain't got nothing left to hold you for on this breach of promise.
Speaker 1: Kingfish is my at work. Go ahead, so.
Speaker 5: You see, miss Smith, the you know suicide kids like this, US detectors always get all the letters. The victim is ripped to shut the hand right with a suicide note. Now that's why I want to love letters, Andy Brown, rip the you well, I get the letters for you to take this Stevens.
Speaker 1: But I I just can't believe he did away with himself.
Speaker 4: It was only two days ago that I got his proposal.
Speaker 1: Bore, it's too already, Miss Smith. I was right there when it drowns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he even jumped in to save him, but before I could get to him, he went down for the sixth and last time.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 5: You say he came up six sides, Yeah, sure did, because I remember every time he would come up, he would yell.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, cool world, boy, this water is cool. I remember that.
Speaker 3: Oh, but I still can't believe it.
Speaker 6: No spok and the Brown day.
Speaker 1: Why he was to meet me here to day at two o'clock. I had something.
Speaker 5: I'm palling to tell, Oh lady, what has done is done?
Speaker 1: And then whish Brown has done?
Speaker 5: Or he even has the suicide note right here that the rid of his final.
Speaker 1: Proof suicide note. Oh can I see it? Yeah, right, just right. You look at it there, and the proof is legal.
Speaker 5: Just look at the heading on there, say here official suicide notes. Then they had a note to public design and everything else there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, whatever made him do it?
Speaker 5: Well, let me read his note here say here to whom it may concern, and especially my ever loving Gardenia Smith.
Speaker 1: Care the Harlem Plaza Hotel.
Speaker 5: I start out here, say, gentleman's and sweetheart business to inform you that I was about to end it.
Speaker 1: All via the Harlem River. Therefore, Gardinia. Don't expect me at your hotel at two o'clock.
Speaker 5: So goodbye, Gentleman's in Farewell Gardinia.
Speaker 1: My love gonna sign here Andrew H. Brown. And right below the signature there's two witnesses. He always done everything right to see.
Speaker 7: Oh if he had.
Speaker 1: Only waited to see me. M h well, but U Miss Smill's.
Speaker 5: Uh, can I have those love letters that you were gonna give me?
Speaker 1: Why I ain't got here with me in New York's at home in Pittsburgh? Oh do you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But I can telegram my mother right now to send the mammaid.
Speaker 13: Oh, yes, Well they'll be here tomorrow and you can pick them up then, Detective.
Speaker 1: Stevens, Oh tomorrow, huh, I'll be back then. Goodbye, a good boy.
Speaker 5: Detective Stevens.
Speaker 13: Oh how could Andy Brown do that to himself?
Speaker 11: Just when Oh?
Speaker 6: Hello, hello?
Speaker 5: Is this missus Gardenius Smith Pittsburgh talking?
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 9: Who's this miss Smith?
Speaker 5: This is Frederic Montgomery Quinndale report on the Harlem newspaper.
Speaker 1: I hear the rumor that.
Speaker 12: Andy Brown has to pose to you, and you'll.
Speaker 1: Sticking on this nuptial stuff.
Speaker 12: I just want to get a little story for our Society column.
Speaker 4: By the society column.
Speaker 1: Then you don't know what happened to, Andy, I happened to or what you mean or what you're talking about this mail pull And well, to start from the beginning, a detective was just you and the most awful thing has happened. And the brown Sunden win.
Speaker 5: Andy, you gotta hand it to your old Paldy Kings, says Guardanius. Miss Reeler did swallow that suicide story of hook line and sinker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, from the look of her picture, her mouth was big enough to swallow the pool too. Tell me, Kingfish, is she really as bad as she look in the catalog here?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: To tell you the truth, Vander, she was even uglier.
Speaker 1: Uglier. I didn't think that was possible. I didn't either, But you know in the picture over there, the one nice thing about it was her hair. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, when I told her that you don't committed suicide, she fell back in the chair and all the hair split over on one side.
Speaker 1: You mean she wears a wig.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're doing she got an awful flippery scalp.
Speaker 3: Boy, I really lucky getting out of man her. And when you get them, let us back from her tomorrow. I'll be in the clear and that'll be the end of that suicide stuff. Oh sure, and then I'm gonna wait a minute, he'll come blacking now. Hell, hell, lighting that was on your mind?
Speaker 6: I know, Vander.
Speaker 1: How do you feel? I feel fine? Why?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't see how you can?
Speaker 10: You is dead?
Speaker 1: What you mean? Nia's dead?
Speaker 5: As used me the front page of the Harlem paper.
Speaker 1: Let me read it. Oh oh, and you was in trouble to say.
Speaker 5: The headlines say Harlem grieves over suicide of Andrew H.
Speaker 10: Brown.
Speaker 7: Oh me, Wow.
Speaker 2: The Kingfisher's idea for avoiding a breach of promise you would has certainly gotten Andy in a fine predicament. We'll learn what happens in just a moment. A lady I know told me why she started using rinso. Seems she was listening to waymoson Andy Right.
Speaker 1: It's so good sitting here listening to the radio after bending over that wash tub all.
Speaker 2: Day, ladies, Why don't you take it easy on wash day?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't I love to.
Speaker 2: Try Rinso Rinso soaphy rich SuDS so clothes clean in as little as ten minutes. A few light finger rubs on extra grimy places will do the trick.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe for my heavy pieces.
Speaker 2: Rinso's safe for washable colors too, leave them bright and gay through wash after wash. And ladies, you can't beat a snowy Rinso White.
Speaker 10: Will not.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll give it.
Speaker 2: And now you can hear her every wash day whistling like this, Wrinso.
Speaker 7: White, Happy little washday song, Wrinso.
Speaker 1: White, spurting it all day long, your clothes out of white, and the color so bright, juicing as.
Speaker 7: You work along.
Speaker 1: Vinso quite happy little wash days.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Amerson Andy Shaw. Well, it was quite a shock to Andy to discover from reading the newspaper that now not only Guardenia Smith, but all of Harlem believes he has committed suicide. And since the corpse isn't supposed to be sitting around his office smoking a big cigar, we find Andy now with the Kingfish, hiding out in the basement of the Lodge Hall, reading the rest of the story announcing his suicide.
Speaker 5: Listen to words say here in the paper, Berlin, Yeah, read it, they say here. The suicide of Andrew Brown is a severe laws to the community of Harlem. Brown has always been regarded as one of its outstanding citizens.
Speaker 1: He was a tile, energetic, hard.
Speaker 5: Working of Uh wait a minute, one if there was another androids Brown that committed suicide?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What else does say that? Well?
Speaker 5: Down here at the bottom of the right up to see hit this right down here? Yeah, say here something about Joe East State and how much you left?
Speaker 1: Hit here? How much do you say that I left?
Speaker 5: They say here delayed Miss Brown, high official and executive of many corporations, leaves in the state, which is estimated will.
Speaker 1: Not be in excess of twenty cents.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, wait, what is they talking about? I got twice that much.
Speaker 5: Uh well, I'm gonna tell you one thing and as a luckys Uh wait a minute, I thought, just don't smack me in the head.
Speaker 1: You was in trouble. H What do you mean? What's the matter?
Speaker 5: The police they gonna see this newspaper just like we is. And when they reached the suicide third, they're gonna start investigating.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what must I do, King Fish? What must to do?
Speaker 5: Look and look at it? Now here is the facts as I see them. You gotta play dead till I get these letters back from Gardenias Smith so you ain't gonna have to marry you see. Now, after we get some back, we'll figure from that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about the police.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, now, look at you gotta stay out of the way of the police, and you gotta.
Speaker 1: Stay out of the way of everybody else. Tell you what you gotta do. You gotta just hide.
Speaker 5: And you can't stay down here in the basement at the Lord neither, cause the members comes down here for chairs and card tables.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, ill, so I know I know where I can hide. Yeah, well, the basement the Shortage barbershop. Ain't nobody gonna see you going over there?
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, I can go through the alley down the Shortage and get into his place through the back door.
Speaker 10: Good fell shorty, here's your towels.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been waiting for for that laundry.
Speaker 2: I was almost down and well, barber shop us an awful lot of towels, you know it.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's matter, shorty?
Speaker 1: You don't look good?
Speaker 9: Well, I I've been name him for two three days. Got swimming in the head at Disney Scales, kind of run down, been to the doctor twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to take care of yourself.
Speaker 10: Where's your dirty towels. I'll take him along.
Speaker 9: Right right there in that boux there. I don't know what's the matter with me. Then this morning I was reading reading in the People that that one of my best friends, Andy Brown, committed suicide.
Speaker 1: That's too bad.
Speaker 7: You know him?
Speaker 9: Well, oh shaw, last night i'd give him a shave, a haircut of syder manicure and their faith massage. Now he's dead. The best groom body in the Harlem River Show showed it upset me, alady. Everywhere I look now I seem to see poor Andy standing there. I just can't get him out of my mind.
Speaker 12: Well, I wouldn't work too hard, and you feel better, shorty, see you next week with your laundry, all right.
Speaker 9: Said goodbye. Well we'll close up shoting on going home getting dog anyway, I don't feel so goodding their head.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Somebody at the back doors, shorty. It's me But wait, wait, wait a minute, don't not not not only do I see them, but now now I hear them.
Speaker 3: Uh, Shorty, do me a favor. I want to spend some time in your basement.
Speaker 9: No wait a minute, please.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 9: Earth, Why don't you go back there in the river where you belong, and then you were dead.
Speaker 1: Listen, Shorty, listen, it's me. What's the matter?
Speaker 9: Not nothing the matter. Everything is okay, no trouble.
Speaker 1: Do I feel fine?
Speaker 9: Don't worry about me.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna fade.
Speaker 3: Uh, Shorty, everything is all right. I'm just dead for a couple of days.
Speaker 9: But I'm so glad to hear that.
Speaker 1: Listen, Shorty, don't get nervous.
Speaker 3: I ain't committed no suicide. I just said I did so I wouldn't have to marry that scarecrow that I preposed to by mistake.
Speaker 9: Oh nothing, Now I've beginning to understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, listen, shorty, I ain't got no time to explain no more to you. But I as alive, and I want to hide in your basement till tomorrow. And I don't want you to tell nobody that I ain't dead. Is you telling me to look here, shorty?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 3: Here is the catalog from the Lonely Hearts Club. Here's the picture of the gal that I done preposed to by mistake.
Speaker 1: Now that's why I wants to hide it. Take a look at the picture there. Look at that, let me see it.
Speaker 9: Oh, and that ain't no reason for you. She ain't such a bad She's a pretty fair. Look at her. She looks kind of good. She might have made a very good I'd commit SUSI.
Speaker 14: Too, Hey, he sent for me, Chief, Yes, Davis, this story here in last night's Harlem paper about and Andrew Brown, who was supposed to have committed suicide. Have we any report in this case Brown suicide? Yeah no, Chief, we haven't. That's what I thought. Fine thing when a newspaper gets a report on a suicide before the police. Davis, you go to the Harlem Plaza hotel and check up with miss Guardinia Smith, the girl Brown is supposed to send a suicide note to Gardinia Smith.
Speaker 12: Eh, yeah, right, Chief, I'm on my way. And you say you never met this Andrew Brown impression. Now you just corresponded with him.
Speaker 9: That's right to take his David.
Speaker 14: The last letter I had from was a proposal marriage, and I telegraph ings I'd.
Speaker 13: Be in New York and I wanted.
Speaker 10: To see him.
Speaker 12: Become someone at the door and wait a minute. To a friend of yours, it may be embarrassing to find a detective here and I just wait in the other room.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh, hello, Detective Stephens.
Speaker 5: Well hello, now, miss Smither just come from the police station, the chief down the police station.
Speaker 1: That's men come by here and pick up the love letters.
Speaker 5: So we can close the kiss down at the headquarters.
Speaker 1: Uh uh they got you didn't?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, mother sent them here they are. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well now that's fine. Thank you, very very very much for the I'll just flipping from my pocket here and that's the second there.
Speaker 12: Did I hear you say something about closing this case down at headquarters.
Speaker 1: Of Miss Smiths?
Speaker 7: Who is this?
Speaker 1: Oh, Detective Stephens, don't you know each other?
Speaker 10: You should?
Speaker 1: You both detected? Did he take his basis?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is you a real detuggler?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yas y'all? So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so a real detugab right, got flat feet and magnifying glass, sneak around corners.
Speaker 1: Oh a real man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got this stuff. He'll take the steamings e the seat. I don't ever remember hearing you. What's your precinct.
Speaker 5: Pleasing please think h one hundred and sixty seventh, Oh, the good old one hundred and sixty sevens.
Speaker 1: As the boys there. Uh, we only have eighty four precincts. Eighty four? Yeah, did they go over my precink without letting me know about the thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they must have cut out about eighty others too.
Speaker 1: Oh the well, I tell you, detug Deal was a I feel low. Yeah, is a man without a precinct? Remember that down to Texe.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the worst thing that could happen to a detective. Take away his gun, take away his bed, but never take away his precinct. Well, I gotta be running along now, and I got a look, kid, tho these things somewhere, you know, I look for the thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe they got to lean over there somewhere. Now, just come in at you, miss Smith.
Speaker 12: Whatever gave you the idea this man was a detection.
Speaker 1: Oh he said so when he brought a band of brown suicide note. Oh he brought the suicide note.
Speaker 12: Will I tell you, Stevens, you're coming down at headquarters with me, But Detective Deal, I think the chief might want to ask you.
Speaker 1: A few questions. Now listen to me, Stevens. Hold your head up.
Speaker 12: You're stilling Sis Barnabas dead and the committed suicide.
Speaker 5: Yall that is the truth of player. Won't you please turn the lights off? My fierce story blinding my eyes I can't stand him no more.
Speaker 12: She came at him.
Speaker 1: You'll crack.
Speaker 12: He knows more than he's killing. Honey, Miss Smith, you were there when Brown jumped on the reft. You out, you're lying her?
Speaker 1: No way?
Speaker 5: He had to look, Morz. Don't had them lights shining in my fierce now for four hours? Can't you turn them off? A wiland, give me a riff. I'll keep those lights on you all damn all night.
Speaker 1: And it's pop cheep.
Speaker 12: This fellow has been lying all the way and there's only one.
Speaker 8: Reason for it. And I think you're right, Stevens. I'm gonna hold you for the murder of Andrew Brown, the murder of Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. I'll show you where he is, mister, how'll show you wear?
Speaker 3: Look, Kingfish, why did you have to go and tell the police?
Speaker 1: I was in Shorty's barbershop. Well that was the only way out. And yeah, well that's a fine way out. Now he is both in jail here for tamping with the law. Yeah, well I had to do it, and I had to do it. Yeah I done. I've done the bus.
Speaker 5: I could you see they accuse me of murdering you anyway? And the least what I've done for you is worth being in jail for you got the letters back from Gardenia. Now she can't sue you for breaching, drummer, and you got my twenty five dollars too.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess all of this being in jail is worth it after all. Wait a minute, who is this woman coming over ourself?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, right there, Oh that is Guardenias Smith in the flesh. Yeah, they showed plenty.
Speaker 1: Of it to.
Speaker 11: You, must see.
Speaker 5: And I came all the way to New York to see and tell you how much that sweet propos of yours meant to me.
Speaker 1: And now now wait a minute, Wait a minute, God, don't worry.
Speaker 5: Any You got the letter and please let me send it.
Speaker 1: Oh there's more, Yeah, I see.
Speaker 5: The reason I came to New York was to tell you in person that I've decided to marry my old boy friends.
Speaker 2: Amos and Andy. Will be back in just a moment. I have a new slant on an old verse. Ladies, Listen, what a wonderful place the world would be if lollipops grew on every tree and the dishes would wash themselves. Well, of course, lollipops don't, and the dishes won't. But the next best thing is rinso. It's easy to do up a stack of dishes with soapi rich rinso SuDS to help you. Those SuDS chase dirt and grease in the wink of an eye. Get every pottent platter gleaming rinso clean and thick. Peppy Rinso sud are safe as well as thorough. They don't get your hands rough and red. So ladies get red though tomorrow. First thing, use it for dishwashing, house cleaning, and of course for a wash. That's and now here are amoson Andy. Leadies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: Me and Andy would like to speak to you for just a minute about the sixth wall On Drive.
Speaker 1: Yeh, folks, it's important to all of us that this drive be a success.
Speaker 6: Getting down the facts, I think all of us here at home were a little over optimistic this past summer and during the early fall when our armies were going through France and when we were taking one jap island after another.
Speaker 1: That's right. Our boys did a wonderful job then, just as they're doing now. But I think we can see pretty clearly that the war isn't over yet. That is right.
Speaker 6: Those boys on the fighting fronts can't let up for one second, and neither can we.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 6: They can't fight Japs and Gemins with their bare hands. And we've got to give them the best of equipment and plenty of it, and there is only one.
Speaker 5: Thing that will do it, and that is money.
Speaker 3: So folks, let's get in back of this sixth war loan with all we've got. Don't forget our fellows in uniform is doing all the dirty work for us, yes, and the.
Speaker 5: Least we can do is to back them up.
Speaker 6: Remember, you are not giving away anything. You are merely loaning your money to Uncle Sam and receiving a very liberal return. Won't you please by an extra war barn tomorrow, Thank you and good night.
Speaker 1: Good night, folks.
Speaker 2: Got to be with us again next Friday the thing at the same time, when the makers of Rinso present the amoson Andy Christmas Shows. The boys guests will be the Paul Taylor Carus who joined in Amos and Andy's special presentation, which has become a Christmas tradition. This program is broadcast to our armed forces everywhere. This is Harlow Wilcox Staying good night to all of you, from all of us, this is a great world, more upon coming