Speaker 1: Are you ready to take control of your financial future? Look no further than Jay Wartzler. You're trusted and our favorite certified financial planner.
Speaker 2: Life is a.
Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 2: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 2: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you. We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 2: Go to dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. Thank you everybody for tuning in.
Speaker 2: It's not the Halloween Show, it is not.
Speaker 1: It is not. It's in fact, our last show of the year is this is what we look like. I'm Laura Kane. In case you can't look at can't figure out who I am. This is Eric Rimmer. Hello, we have producer Brian behind the mine. All right, Okay, So we did our terrible Timu Christmas Exchange our last episode, okay, and we cut it off before Brian made his final decision on who bought who the worst of the worst that Tumu has to offer. Let me just finish this off by saying, I bought each of us one of these. They're fake and you just blow on them, so it looks like you're smoking.
Speaker 3: Oh my golly, what what where does the smoke come from?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but but I thought that they were funny.
Speaker 2: They're not probably gonna drop that, but.
Speaker 1: This goes with the actually both of your outfits, they're going they just want to know where the smoke's I don't really know, and it kind of has like a light at the end of it. Maybe that's all the smoke, but anyway, so there's that. So anyway, there we go, Darling. Okay, Darling, So Brian, oh, maybe we should show our get up, both of us at the same time or.
Speaker 3: One at a time.
Speaker 1: Okay, just a quick standards ladies first, okay, now be advised. I'm wearing sea through and both the boys said it was okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's as close to your vagina that I'm ever as I'm ever gonna out.
Speaker 1: And then my nails and then my and okay, that's my outfit, thank you very much. Oh yeah, Eric's Eric's gift to me. Now it's Mary, thank you so much. Now it's all like.
Speaker 3: The smoke.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh yeah, baby.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the cigarettes really selling it for him.
Speaker 1: He's wearing his boots. You don't want to do that, Okay, Now, Producer Brian, let.
Speaker 3: Me give a quick break down of what I thought both you guys did good. Okay, Eric, I think you really nailed it with the feet shoes. I think those are hilarious. Those are really gross. I think the the shirt's great too. And I think the combination of the wig and the glasses works really well. But it almost works too well because they look too normal where they actually just seem really fitting. Now Laura's is not out more. What Laura's gift for Eric is not as outrageous. But there's a couple of things that I think work. One is it all of Eric's lake hair sticks past the fish that's and it's very obvious.
Speaker 1: It's coming out of every single square.
Speaker 3: Also, the mulletwig works really well, and it is pretty outrageous. And I think that don't talk to me on wearing crabs or I have crab shirt is really good. But I think the shirt Laura's wearing is also very good. Ants are definitely interesting get up, but they're not as outrage as I thought they're gonna because her underwear is actually pretty. It's actually a little scary. But yeah, so I think the person that's gonna be walking in Vond's is gonna be Eric.
Speaker 2: Now I demand a recount.
Speaker 3: I just recounted anyways. Now, the reason it works, the reason the reason I chudge you, Eric, is because what Laura has crafted is a pretty good story of what looks like a really sad retired stripper. Oh me, right now, No, he looks like a sad retired.
Speaker 1: Stripper, like like a male escort.
Speaker 3: Especially him sitting here with his fishnets in his booty shorts. I just in the crab shirt. It just really works for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is the best day. This is the best Christmas gift you could have gotten me. Brian.
Speaker 3: Now, ideally I think both of you guys should go to Bonds in your outfits though, because it's that it's that close to being a tie.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was gonna call it tie initially, but I figured I probably should have a winner. But I think both of you guys should go.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts about that. I'm good with that. Well, okay, I'm good with that on one condition, no conditions. You just have to do it that once again, Brian, you pronounce say, Laura Kane, you won the contest.
Speaker 3: Congrats everybody, it's a tie.
Speaker 1: No you said no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Laura you won? All right?
Speaker 3: So I am not filming you guys when you get the Vonds.
Speaker 1: Okay, who is going to do it?
Speaker 3: You guys will figure that I will not be seen within the same distance of you guys. I'm standing outside the Bonds.
Speaker 1: Were counting on you.
Speaker 3: Film it selfie style. I do not want to be seen next to you guys at Vons.
Speaker 1: This on our You have to do this on our own.
Speaker 2: I'll get it.
Speaker 3: I'll get a couple of shots. You guys, I'm not following you around like I'm part of a cat and her crew. Hell no, oh my god, that's too embarrassed.
Speaker 1: God. Oh all right, now now we have to talk about I'm taking off this get up for now, okay, because I want to get you.
Speaker 2: Have a question for Brian, Wait, what if if Laura wore the elephant pants? Because we can always do we can always make her change because she's the one that picked this outfit. But I gave her three.
Speaker 1: Oh, so.
Speaker 2: I would like you to change into the elephant pants.
Speaker 3: Now. I will admit I thought the elephant pants are pretty funny, so maybe that would change my mind. But the reason I think what what Laura picked out for you is so good is because it really sells me on this kind of white trash stripper vibe.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh man, wow, that is I do think you should wear.
Speaker 3: I think you should wear that to Vaughan's well, partially because it's freezing outside.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I know it won't be freezing.
Speaker 3: I don't ask.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get cold. I'm gonna I'm just gonna put my pants back on.
Speaker 1: No you're not, No, you're not. We are going through with this, but I need to change out. Okay. Now, look, we have a very important sponsor who deserves respect, and I don't think I'm gonna wear now. I know this shirt and this get up to do the commerce.
Speaker 2: You want to just put a towel over you.
Speaker 3: They knew what they were signing up for.
Speaker 1: I think they knew a full force and I know what it all. I'll turn this shirt around.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just put a jacket over you? Oh? Good grief.
Speaker 3: I do feel bad for Eric. These gotta go out in the cold with fish nets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very fragile.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I wouldn't do that. I would be a I'd be a pain in the butt. Say no and just no, I'm not. Yeah, I wouldn't blame you.
Speaker 1: This is fun.
Speaker 3: What's on your back, Laura? You have roast beef on your backside?
Speaker 2: Now here?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can take yours off so you can be that that wig is.
Speaker 3: That wig is really good? That that was part of it for me. That's that's kind of sold out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Mine was better.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're getting.
Speaker 3: Realistically, it was a tie, but I had to name somebody and you won last year. Eric, I think Laura's edged you out just a little bit. But it was really close. It was a nail.
Speaker 1: It was a nail bier. Ooh that's good. I like that. I like that. Oh of course, of course I knew it. It would be some legal she would complain to.
Speaker 2: I know, I would have never heard out of it.
Speaker 1: It would have been you wouldn't have heard the end of it. No, you would not have.
Speaker 2: No, you would have bitched and moaned about it for an entire year.
Speaker 1: Now, look, let me tell you something. Yes, when you open your gifts this holiday season and you give somebody a gift from Doune Jewelry and they open up the wrapping and they open up this box and they see what's inside, they are going to be like, wait, what is this? This is another piece from Dune Jewelry. The woman from Scad gave this to me because I was the MC and it's a heart and it's the sand. It has it in here where the sand is from. But so that she gave up to all the survivors of Scad, and so she gave this to me, and she's the one that introduced me to Dune jewelry, and I'm like, this jewelry website is absolutely amazing. So they comes in this beautiful and I'm telling you, whoever gets this gift will treasure it forever because you're going to put thought into it. Dunejewelry dot Com has necklaces, bracelets, rings, and you pick out the elements you want included in the jewelry. I'm wearing a ring right now that has turquoise, mother of pearl and sand from San Clemente Beach where I spent my summers as a child with my best friend Stacy, and it means so much to me. I have not taken it off since I got it. And there are tons of different elements you can choose from anything that means something to you, dried flowers, SeaGlass, sand from all over the world. And what you do is you go on dunejewelry dot Com. You pick out what you want, whether it be a necklace or a bracelet or a ring, and it'll tell you how many elements you can choose from, and you can even send in your own element if you want, meaning like if you have ashes, I'm going to send in some of my dad's is to make some jewelry for my mom's sister and niece for Christmas. So I'm really excited. They work with you directly so you can plan out your jewelry and I'm telling you this will be a gift that is so unique and so wonderful. It'll be It'll be passed down through the generations, guaranteed. And the best part is if you put in Laura Caane fifteen when you're checking out, you get fifteen percent off your full order. So I would get on their order now, so hopefully you can get up by Christmas. They handcraft these themselves. There are many workers that do it. I think Jessica did this one. No, Sarah did this one. Jessica did my other one and has their little card in it. It is just so well made and so beautiful. Thank you Doing Jewelry for being part of our podcast and Laura Kane fifteen Laura Kane fifteen to get fifteen percent off your order order now, and thank you Doingjewelry dot com. Okay, So now I thought what we would do is we would end the year because this is our last show of the year. You guys, we had a big freaking year. It was a lot twenty twenty four. Now, how about well each go around the room first, and I want you each to give me one word describing twenty twenty four for you as a whole. Okay, just based on tonight, No, no, no, as all as a whole. Like if you're looking back on the year, who wants to go first?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this cigarette out in your eye.
Speaker 1: You're just bitter because you lost, you lost wholehard, or you go first?
Speaker 3: It's your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, one word comes to mind, But then some things that happen that make me not want to say this word, but I'm going to say it anyway, because it was twenty twenty four. I'm going to say and this doesn't necessarily mean all bad struggle.
Speaker 3: That's your word every year this year, even.
Speaker 1: In a lot of different ways. Yeah, but because of it, a lot of good has come from it. So that's why I want to say that word. It's the first word that popped into my head, and so that's my word. But we're going to talk about more about our twenty twenty four What about you?
Speaker 2: Gratitude?
Speaker 1: I love that, always always have that. That's the way to live one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say direction, but I can't explain any of.
Speaker 1: It because the things under happening or okay.
Speaker 3: I love that, things in motion. We'll see if they come to fruition.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. Okay. Now, I also asked you guys to give me your twenty twenty four highlights.
Speaker 2: So I took up smoking.
Speaker 1: How is it you're taking to it?
Speaker 3: It's great? Yeah, I mean it's really.
Speaker 2: I've already got the cop so I know you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well, I don't know. Maybe put some Christmas music under this because I'll I'm going to tell you my twenty twenty four highlights. I'll start and then you guys can piggyback off. Oh, thank you, thank you. As I'm about to start, he gives me one final yawn for the year. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Got on you a cigarette too. Now gotta deal with Laura.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Highlights of my twenty twenty four Charlie getting married to Maya in July was a huge one. That was a biggie. Learning how to be a TV videographer from a helicopter was really are in cool, coolest job, one of the coolest jobs ever, I think. The Jeff and Jerry reunion and the award we received over the summer was a biggie because we haven't all been together since twenty seventeen, and that was awesome. Evan and her boyfriend, who I met for the first time this summer coming to stay with us for a few weeks and it was just a beautiful time. I loved it, spending two separate weekends with my mom and Anti Doodoo. They're both eighty three and they I spent time with them in Oregon in time with them in Palm Desert, and I just I love listening to them their wisdom and what they've been through and just their their take on life. And I also love the fact that when I went to a casino with them when I was in Palm Desert, I won twenty three hundred dollars on the Frankenstein Machine. What very much? Told?
Speaker 2: I know? I didn't And how much should you walk out of there with all of it?
Speaker 3: What'd you buy?
Speaker 1: Uh? Car payment?
Speaker 3: Rent?
Speaker 1: I didn't buy anything fun, I didn't buy anything, I know, but it was like a blessing. But that's good anyway. Uh my hammock. I bought a hammock this year. I love that thing. I'm out there every day on that did I'm sorry, did my seventeen year token? That was a big eie. I get it again, well the eighteen year in March, god willing and and I love the fact that my brother put all these old eight not not even eight track when I was like a baby. What kind of film was it? Yes, he put those on DVDs for us and we got to watch me as a baby and my sister there is a baby, and just the funny things my brother used to video, like, he used to make these movies and stuff with his friends. That was just a highlight. We all sat together as a family and watched him and oh fun, it was beautiful. So those are some of my twenty twenty four highlights. And of course work and I still love what I do so much, and I'm just so glad I get to still do it. So I was very that was made very happy.
Speaker 2: Excellent. What about you twenty four?
Speaker 1: What are your highlights for twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: Cigarettes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who says they're bad for you?
Speaker 3: Worth it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Because you look really cool?
Speaker 2: Listen, you look so the.
Speaker 3: Biggest lie we tried to tell kids this smoking isn't cool because smoking is very cool. It's just also bad for you.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't look great in Let's.
Speaker 1: Get up, okay go, you're look at he's giving me douvile eyes because he's pissed he lost.
Speaker 2: Can't believe I lost.
Speaker 1: Just give me your pilots twenty four The podcast, Oh yeah, I love it. We had a great year.
Speaker 2: I love coming to work and seeing Brian every Monday. Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't I wouldn't come if it wasn't for Eric.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 2: I love you so much and I'm so proud of you. Thank you, Bryan. No, and I'm so proud of you. I love you to death.
Speaker 1: I love you more.
Speaker 2: You are inching your way back up to that number one spot and slowly but like the little edge and the could one spot right? Yeah, well now she's at like the fifth wrong on.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm I went down because the last week you took. I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: Up to work. I love my job and I love the people I work with and then my you know, chosen family. I love all love you so yes, and I'm thankful for my health for sure.
Speaker 1: And the fun trip she took.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fun trips I took. If I had to go out a loope. Yes, yes, and then I'm kicking twenty twenty five off with the bang. I'm going to Portovierta. Oh fun birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh his birthday January eighth.
Speaker 3: Everybody sixty three, make sixty three.
Speaker 2: I'm just three years older than Laura.
Speaker 3: Oh, you were three years younger than her.
Speaker 1: Guys are gonna get it, freaking get it.
Speaker 3: Laura will be the big seven.
Speaker 1: Oh oh shut it, wait, Brian, we can't wait.
Speaker 2: To be in that big bed with you.
Speaker 1: Ow Oh, that'll be fun. What that's not going to be for many many years? Please?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if it's that far away. On guys are getting up there. This is a happened this year. My sister got married. That was cool. Went to Turks and Caicos, that was fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of a lot of just stuff happened. So good stuff, uh, some good, some bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you learn from the bad stuff? You did? You learn lessons from the bad stuff.
Speaker 3: Sometimes some of the stuff you don't learn from. It's just stuff that happens. Okay, So yeah, we'll see how twenty twenty five is. Twenty four was a it was a interesting one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now what are you guys hoping for in twenty twenty five? I know Eric doesn't make resolutions, so I don't. We can't do we can't go there. And I, you know, I think about the just your typical want to eat better. I'm gonna get on a schedule, but I I just I literally can't get on a schedule because of the way my work is right now. It's a little topsy turvy. But uh, I really for twenty twenty five, I truly feel like I want to think about finding somebody to share my libel.
Speaker 3: You should make that for twenty six too. It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to start in twenty I have. I got to tell you, I have not thought about dating or being with somebody because my brain is so full of other things that I'm worried about or I have to do, or work wise or home wise. That hasn't even crossed my mind, which is not good. Like you shouldn't. I don't remember the last time I've been like touched romantically by anybody. Romantically that's so romantically, man, put that cigarette, put that thing out.
Speaker 2: If you wear that here's the roast beef shirt.
Speaker 1: I get, Oh please, I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but we're going to figure it out on the podcast too, going to be part of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I should get a relationship specialist.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well I want to like kick off. Maybe, oh maybe we'll get Natalie Valeen.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then we'll get.
Speaker 1: A relationship nowly Vail is a resident psychic who she's amazing. She can kick off the year and tell us what twenty twenty five holds? Yeah, what about you? What are you? What are you hoping for in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay, you just screwed up your bullet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on your backward.
Speaker 1: It is on backwards. It looks dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're gonna look like it looks like.
Speaker 1: Like one of those little late those ladies I have like hairdews.
Speaker 3: You look like a Karen you do too.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna wear it like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually kind of better.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna wear it like this because it's all fucked up in the back. What what did you wan?
Speaker 1: Wow? Now I have to mark that's explicit. Thank you, it's a really nice thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we've been getting so clean. No, and then Eric says something that ruins it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what what was it?
Speaker 1: What are you looking forward to in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Traveling? Uh? The podcast? Basically what I looked at forward to A four.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you had such a roaring year, a great year, you're going to do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna quit smoking, ok after.
Speaker 1: Taking it up.
Speaker 2: I took it up five seconds ago, and I'm gonna quit.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 3: I look forward to joining Eric on his smoke breaks and reminding him to stay in a good fight, keep smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I love your support, Brian. Thank you well.
Speaker 3: Tough times are coming. You gotta make sure you stay strong through though. Yeah, don't give up the things that are important to you. Yeah, fight for him. I don't know, we'll see it. We'll see go one way, they could go the other. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: They're going to be great, hope. So yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: If they won't, I'm jumping off a bridge.
Speaker 1: You know how, if you know how a sensitive and you know how i'm sort of you know, I'm almost every night. Well, okay, speaking of this, I kind of want to I want to tell you why now, especially more than ever, I'm full of gratitude. Last week we did on the Iheartstations our Rady Children's Hospital Givethon, which is like two days, and we interview families that have kids that are have gone through cancer, kids that have had terrible accidents, or kids that are born with heart defects. And it's, you know, it's it's beautiful and it's heart wrenching and it's touching at the same time. And I always tell the story about Charlie because he was saved by Rady Children's Hospital. Now this year, I did something a little different. I wanted to tell my story kind of in a different way because I've told it so many times. I thought, I'm going to try to do this differently. So I called my ex husband and I wanted to get his take on the events that happened, because some of the things I feel like I either have blurred out or I was so out of it because I had just had surgery myself that I didn't I wasn't fully aware of all the things, and I wanted to get his view. Oh my god, he reminded me, I I'm going to read something to you because I I wrote it down because I didn't want to forget it. We entered the doors of Rady Children's Hospital before my son was born. After an ultrasoundtech blurted out, I can't find the baby's head when I was five months pregnant. He wasn't supposed to say anything. You're not supposed to say anything when you're at sonogram tech. But he couldn't find and then he goes, so I can't say anything else. You're gonna have to see a doctor or I'm gonna be here Monday. This is for Friday. I'm gonna be here Monday if you want an abortion. So I went a full week We went a full weekend thinking we had a baby that had no head and was we were going to have to have an abortion. So I blurred all of that out. I don't remember that at all, and uh wow, that got to me. Then, thanks to the guidance of doctor Drossman, who delivered both Evan and Charlie. I love that man to death, we went to Raidy Children's Hospital to see a surgeon named doctor David Collins, and when we got there he gave us a glimmer of hope because he says, oh, no, your son. He didn't say your son because I didn't want to know the sex. He says, the baby has a head, but what has happened is he is his insights are growing on the outside of his body as a hole in his abdomen, and part of his liver is out too. But he was very matter of fact and he showed us like these diagrams in charge. He goes, it's not uncommon, this happens, and I've done a lot of these surgeries. And he made us feel so much better and wonderful.
Speaker 2: And I can't imagine hearing that you're unborn.
Speaker 1: Child's that baby doesn't have a head.
Speaker 2: Well, and that that are supposed to be inside them or on the outside.
Speaker 3: Like a plot twister. He's like, no, no, don't worry. The head's fine. It's the organs you gotta worry about.
Speaker 1: Right, I know. But you know, at least, thank god we had that appointment when we did, rather than you know, go through with some the horrible yeah, something I can't really even imagine doing. So my water broke early, a month early, and that was on Martin Luther King Junior day, so everybody has that day off, right. Thank god it happened early. Enough in the morning, we raced to the hospital. Doctor David Collins was on duty, so he was there to do the surgery. They took him out of my stomach. They wrapped him up real quick and just went ooop and showed him to me super quick, and then they pushed him. They put him through this window to awaiting more nurses on the other side who wrapped him up and got him all ready and put him in a little gurney, a baby gurney, because between mary Birch and Rady Children's Hospital there's a tunnel, and they took the baby from mary Birch to Rady Children's Hospital through this tunnel. And my ex was telling me, he goes because he went with Charlie and the doctors through the tunnel. And I go, what was that? Because I didn't I was, and he goes, it was they weren't. They were. They were cool by not saying anything that was giving me bad vibes. But I noticed that we went faster and faster and faster, and soon we were running because Charlie was code blue. He goes, I don't know what that meant, but we found that later he was dying, and he goes, the way that the tunnel was, there was like light that would come shining in and that'd be dark light dark, and he goes. All I remember was like fast light, dark light dark. And I'm telling you, hearing his take on it affected me so much this year, more than ever. And I feel like my whole entire body felt the trauma again because I don't think I fully have processed it. Because then he came around, he came along, he had the surgery. This is what he looked like the first time I saw him. Wow, this is what Charlie looked like the very first time I saw him. He was bloated, he was red, He had tubes and wires sticking out of every orifice. He had a breathing tube. And you know the breathing machines, they go up and down little babies, they go super fast, that's how fast they're breathing. And I remember the little breathing machine, and I remember, this is to what he looked like. And I remember I went down deep and I said, I knew because the nurses and the doctors there were always so positive. I said, hi, Charlie, And one of his little swollen eyes opened up and looked at me, and I was like, he's gonna be fine. Then, Charlie, when we brought him home ten days later, he had to have two surgeries after that and a lot of genetic testing because they thought he might have some syndrome look like this. Nobody wanted to hold him. He was really scary looking and he's just so cute, but he was really really redburn. He was so red people were afraid to hold him. Ah. But then I go. Then he turned out to look like this. Okay, no, I spilled water on it.
Speaker 3: He still looks and then.
Speaker 1: The creme de la creme. Then he got married, and there he is at twenty four years old, six foot five, handsome, beautiful, healthy.
Speaker 2: And I got it, sweetest guy.
Speaker 1: He is just the you know what Charlie Kane has. I know this sounds weird and like woo woo, like I get, but I'm telling you what, Charlie Kane has touched the other side. He has. He's died, he doesn't remember it, but there is a knowing in his eyes that you that am I can see and you just feel it from him. He's like such an old soul, like he's he knows more than he doesn't realize it, but I'm so in this year. I'm so grateful that he's alive and he made it, and I'm grateful for the hospital. I'm grateful that we do this giveth on every year because the money you donated goes to those little tubes, goes to those little wife they had, like these little tiny stickers that held his little tubes in place. Money goes for like buying little things like that, stuff to make the parents happy. And so anyway, I'm just super I'm feeling super grateful too. And of course Evan was born, she was perfect and thank God and no problems with her. And she's in her struggle year this year at Fordham University. She's making it on her own. She's working full time, she's schooling full time. She's commuting from Brooklyn to Manhattan every day. She's going through it and it's cold there. So she's like called me a couple of times in tears, you know, like these streets are so hard, and I can't wait to come home. And so she comes home on the twenty third, so I get to see my baby, and I'm just I'm just filled with love and gratitude and I love everybody for just being part of our podcast family. It means so much to us that you listen and watch like. We do this because we love it and we love each other and we have so much fun. But we also do it because we hope that we provide an escape for you from any of the stresses that you might be going through and hopefully make you laugh, you know, and smile, and so that's that's our purpose, I think. Anyway, I just wanted to share that and.
Speaker 2: Glad you did.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love you. You're the best mom.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, I've seen better but not bad.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Now, like.
Speaker 1: On that note, we're gonna end. We're going to end the year, the podcast year. I do not want to go to Valinsar right now. I don't, but we gotta do it. We got to follow through. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: But we'll put it off the next year. I do feel bad.
Speaker 2: It's like really cold outside, freezing, and look I look like a whore.
Speaker 3: It's like actually like in the low fifties right now outside.
Speaker 1: You're putting out on me.
Speaker 2: You're the one that pussed out first.
Speaker 3: You get to wear pajama pants too comfortable. He's got fish nets.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put a speed order in on Timo.
Speaker 3: Or whatever you saying it'll take four weeks instead of eight.
Speaker 1: I know, right, all right, well we'll take pictures regardless. And anyway, I love you so much.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being on this ride with me for freaking five years and going I know, five and a half years and a half years.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: We started on your bed.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And Brian, you're adding you was the biggest It was freaking depends on who your miracle. That's true, That is not a lie.
Speaker 2: Thank you for responding to Laura's personal ad.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I only clicked on because I saw the name Laura Kanaan. What a mistake that was.
Speaker 1: You had no idea, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Oh fabulous?
Speaker 1: No, I can't believe.
Speaker 3: It now I'm just glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're fucking fabulous.
Speaker 1: Oh would you? Now I'm telling the story of Charlie, and now I have to mark this explicit because of your beast language.
Speaker 3: Let's also remember the Keanu Reef saga, and it happened this year. I totally forgot about that O Bard poster.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Inwenty five. Actually may see him come in here right now.
Speaker 3: I would put money on Now.
Speaker 1: What why are you starting ball dropper? My balls haven't dropped it. Oh my god, whatever that was years ago? Yeah? Whatever? All right? Well, is there anything any want to say in closing? Or have I said it all?
Speaker 2: I fucking love the hell out of you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jesus, Wow.
Speaker 3: My young young ears are bleeding. Yeah profanity.
Speaker 2: I love you, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: My head's about I love you too. I love you too, I do I do. Shut it now, no more bad words.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's it for I think you love this one twenty four.
Speaker 1: This is that's it for twenty twenty four. Guys. We'll be back with a bang in the beginning of January, don't you worry.
Speaker 2: And by bang we mean Laurea will be getting.
Speaker 1: Some I hope so well.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we got a nailed down strategy for that.
Speaker 1: I know, we do. We will. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: That thing is going to get some action.
Speaker 1: Stop it. Oh my god, I just turned I turned around my shirt, thank god. Okay. Anyway, on that note, gosh, we love you guys, Thank you so much for supporting us and love of your podcast.
Speaker 2: God, Merry freaking Christmas.
Speaker 3: He's so cool.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he does, he think because he's never smoked with cool.
Speaker 3: We should go get a pack of cigarettes after this and let him just like throw up immediately.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh I totally throw up.
Speaker 1: No, come on, no, we're not doing that, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, Merry Christmas, Okay, yes.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas. Yeah, and happy New Year and all that and all your dreams come true and hold gratitude in your heart always.
Speaker 2: Absolutely marry, marry, Merry Christmas. And oh love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies so much, so much it hurts ma. Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Next year.