Speaker 1: Joining me now straight from her travels to the other side of the state. It's Heidik and all everybody. She was at the Charlie Kirk memorial yesterday at CSU, and Heidi, I watched about thirty minutes of that This morning. A listener sent me the Lincoln I put it on the blog if anybody wants to go watch the memorial. What a lovely, lovely way to honor Charlie Kirk. And to see thousands of people in that stadium was so heartening. What was it like to be there?
Speaker 2: Hi, Mandy. It was a beautiful, beautiful gathering of people, and the weather was amazing, and it was just so peaceful and calm, and it was about I think it was over seven thousand people was the final count, and about I think I half of them we're CSU students, which is crazy. Yeah, so cool. And was blessed to speak with Isabel Brown, who's a CSO alumni and a big influencer. You got to follow Isabel if you don't already. She's just so good show on Daily Wire.
Speaker 1: She's so so good. She is so so good.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: She is a she's also a happy warrior.
Speaker 2: He is a happy warrior and she has a new little baby and she's just this is so it's getting to her. You know, Mandy is a new mom. Like how violence and you start to see the world differently. Yeah, And I feel like that really does affected is about a lot. I've known it for a long time. But overall the event was awesome. But in sorry you guys, I'm at the airport. If there's stuff in the background, I tried to find the quite a little spot. I'm Mountain Durango, which is actually getting very very left down here. But the counter protest that was going on near the vigil was really concerning. It's called part of the uns Bad Word to America Tour, believe it or not, that's what they call it. And it was. It was pretty rowdy. I hear. It was pretty negative and it's very concerning that the guy leading that effort guide girl, I'm not sure, which said we need to be afraid of getting killed at events. Conservatives need to be afraid of getting killed at events to force leaders like Trump to turn down the temperature.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, let me just hide just in case people think that you are exaggerating on this. Let me go ahead and play that audio just a second a ron left the commercial role, and then we'll go to the audio. I found it this morning, just to make sure that we were giving out. Oh come on, hang on, I've got a pre roll on this and it's just going to take us second to get to where we need to go. This is actually the gentleman who goes by destiny on a podcast at some point, and this is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Exactly like I need you need conservatives to be afraid of getting killed when they go to events, so that they look to their leadership to turn down the temperature.
Speaker 1: Now, ironically, I have not heard him call for his leadership to turn down the temperature.
Speaker 2: Have you. No, absolutely not. I'm not hearing from many Democrats that we should turn down the temperature. Even in Colorado. The Democrats are not calling for that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but Heidi, they are. They're calling for us, our side, to turn down the temperature. There's literally no naval gazing going on on the left.
Speaker 2: There's no.
Speaker 1: And don't get me wrong, and I said this the day of the shooting. The only person responsible for the shooting is the young man who decided that murder was the best option. To shut down speech he didn't like. Right, he's responsible for this murder. But if we're going to talk about the forces in our culture that drove him to believe that that was the best thing to do, you cannot do that without talking about left wing rhetoric.
Speaker 2: That's right. And I mean, if you look at this tour the way they describe us, it says UFAs is paid influencers and describes Kirk as a brainwashing ultra maga extremist. Yeah, I mean, that could not be further than the truth. Charlie is one of the most level headed, sensible people I know in politics, and we're going to miss his voice tremendously, especially when it comes to loans like this and fighting back against them.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk for just a minute, though, about the legacy that is now growing at a rate far greater than it did when Charlie Kirk was alive. You are connected, how are you connected to Turning Point USA?
Speaker 2: Well, Manie, I've been a big fan since I met Charlie ten years ago. My dad and him sat next to each other at an event and they convinced Tory, my older daughter, to run for student body government at University of Oregon, one of the most liberal campuses in the country, and Charlie actually moved there for three months. It was one of the first campaigns they did, so we got to know him really well, our family did. And now my sixteen year old just launched the Turning Point Chapter at Valor High School and it had one hundred kids show up the other day. So I've not Charlie for years. Yeah, and crazy, it was so cool.
Speaker 1: You're getting the data about how many students and people are calling to ask about starting a chapter at their high school or their college, and those numbers are huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we wait for this man, you know. Now it's up to sixty two thousand students have signed up to either launch a chapter or open a chapter across the country. We've got seven hundred and fourteen high schools here in Colorado in ninety two college campuses, believe it or not, and we want to make sure every single one has a Club America, which is what the high school chapters are called, or Turning Point Chapter, which is the college version on those college campuses. And we've got an incredible team of four people that lead that effort in Turning Point that two state directors and then two regional directors that are going to make that happen and I'm going to do everything I can to help them.
Speaker 1: And Heidi I had a speaking engagement last Friday and Frederick. But it's just like lovely, lovely group of people, and they kept asking like, how can we help, how can we support it? And of course I'm looking at people my age are.
Speaker 2: A little bit older.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, your money is always appreciated, but is there a role for me and for them, you know, the over fifties that are not cool to the college kids, Like, what role, if any, is there for us to support these young people as they begin to grow this movement.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many cool things. You can mentor a student you can mentor a chapter. You can feed them. They love food at their meetings. You can offer to drive them places if they have events. You can donate, of course to their chapters. If you go to TPUSA dot org, just a turning point chapter and you get click on get involved. There's a really simple form. It'll go to the state director. And they have hundreds of requests here in Colorado right now, so they're getting through them. It's going to take a little bit but we need your help to make sure we blanket the state with all the support and love that we can give them to help them be effective and turn the state around through gen Z exactly.
Speaker 1: So that give that website, like how can people do this again? The website one more time?
Speaker 2: Do you go to TPUSA. It's the TURNINGPOINTUSA dot org and there's the get involved at the top. You just click there and it'll ask for your not much information and if you have any trouble, just email me. Manny. Everybody on the planet has an email address now, you know, at gmail dot com. Give me a couple of days because my bugs gets a little crazy bit and I will connect you to the gals who lead the effort here in Colorado or They're amazing. They put that event together last night in forty eight hours, and how seven thousand people show up?
Speaker 1: It was It was really really special and I can only imagine that, you know, Friday night, I had the opportunity to go and I call it fellowship for lack of a better word to sort of describe it. But it's nice to be around people that feel the same way you do and are devastated by this death and all the implications of this death, because they're so significant. But if something good can come out of this, if if we can have an entire generation of young people activated, it would be an absolute incredible turn of events and a true testament to what Charlie Kirk was trying to do.
Speaker 2: Oh, Charlie is dancing in heaven right now. I know he's This is making him dably happy to see all the kids turning to Christ, turning to their faith, and turning to defending our country and actually learning so much from all of his video content, all of his Charlie Kirk shows. I mean, there's so much content out there that people can start to engage with and share with their friends, to tell the truth about what he stood for and who he was, which was an amazing patriot and a wonderful man of faith and a great dad and father.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Hi, do you and all enjoy talking to you. I'll let you go get on with your day over there in beautiful Durango, and I'll talk to you soon.