Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV QRN the podcast. I'm one of your hosts, the unspeakably beautiful Delia, and I'm here with my rural tight homegirl, also unspeakably beautiful. I was gonna come by it honestly, Okay, osmosis and everything beatre?
Speaker 2: Am I only beautiful because of youth? Yes? Wow, we are here to talk.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Plathfill and inside I'm raging. Inside there are two wolves. One is raging and one is sleeping. Yeah, welcome to black Bill. But before we get into it, we do have to issue you a disclaimer. Please please hide your wife and hide your kids. Yeah, this is an irreverent podcast. Obviously we are offensive sometimes and I'm just gonna say it. I'm going to own it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on in it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we're offensive, We say stupid things. Yeah, we have good hearts though. We're just here to have fun on the internet. But if you're the same for you, how many times do we have to tell you you might want to find yourself another dumpster?
Speaker 2: Bye?
Speaker 1: But if you're ready to rage and sleep, rage on sleep, then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you think that we should start a matchmaking service for C three pos like Barry Plath. Join us on Instagram at Reality tv Cringe and join us on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, slash reality tv Cringe, the vip dumpsters where it's at. You get all of our weekly episodes ad free, get our bonus content or after shows. Maybe we'll tork on there. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Maybe not, I'll work. If you're watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe. And also if you have it in your heart to throw us up, we would truly appreciate it because allegedly it helps us in the algorithm. Yeah, thank you and.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get into this very important episode of Welcome to plat Bil Beatrice, I do have to ask you. Did you have any takeaways?
Speaker 2: I do have a takeaway this week. It's a little serious, though. I got to talk to you about it. I think you fat shame too much. It's hurting my feelings. No, it is not, it is I'm feeling very offended and fat shame Kim Plath.
Speaker 1: Any skill that I have cultivated in the area of shaming Kim Plath comes from you, bitch. No, it definitely.
Speaker 2: I am so nice.
Speaker 1: No, you are now you are not. But what you think, I'm fat shaming too much.
Speaker 2: That's too much. It's hurting my feefees. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm dead ass Okay, all right, well I can take that note of criticism. I don't want to hurt your feelings. But can I just like work this out psychologically with you for a second and to just kind of defend myself like that parent who never takes responsibility for anything. Thank you first and foremost. I'm gen X. I came up fighting for my life in the school yards and public schools of Hawaii. Okay, people were insulted and offended. And yes, do I want a better world? Do I want everybody to feel good? I do? But sometimes I can't help that. I come to the party with a little aggression. I do. I do. I try. I try not to do it too much, and I self censor as well. Often you should see me self censoring all the time. However, Comma, when it comes to Kim Plath and her obesity, look, I'm fat. Okay, I'm fat. You say I'm fat. Our whole family's fat. There's a lot of fat people in our family.
Speaker 2: Big to differ, a lot of fat.
Speaker 1: People in her family, like, it's not it's kim Plath. I have a problem with kim Plath and to me, her selfishness, her indulgences, the way she's taken from her family and gorged on the privilege that she has been given, university education, fucking seventeen homes. She's got a barn where she hides her eminem's and her vodka. She takes what she wants and she doesn't give back, and I feel like a little bit. This is expressed in how much she drinks, the fact that she had a duy, wrapped her car around a tree, how she raised her dumb, emotionally unintelligent children, and how fat she is.
Speaker 2: No, I just feel like that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like heard of it? No, And I when it comes to kim Plath, I don't give a.
Speaker 2: Fuck facts though.
Speaker 1: Furthermore, she's fat shaming herself on this show. She likes getting up and using a kettlebell for me to see with.
Speaker 2: Eyes, those yoga pants with the camel.
Speaker 1: Cameltoe, cameltoe yoga pants kettle balls, Like she's asking me, she's begging me to come for her. But I I accept the criticism. I will try to do better. Okay, good, let me do but I acknowledge. But now I do. I acknowledge that I I do a little bit too much, and so I'm going to try and curtail that because I I am watch bitch. Okay, let me show how much better I can be as a person. Oh okay, but that's a good note, thank you. My takeaway is that I'm very concerned for I'm sending up the flair for the Raccoons about this show, because when when I tell you, girls, we entered into this season with so much optimism, is like a newborn babe just looking around. Gawka, Google, I'm so excited about what's to come. We came out of a rocking bomb ass sees and seven with that hyena, nutcracker, Veronica is that body shape, a little bit that demon Veronica, vampires, a little bit of Olivia, and then the season before we had like a lot of crazy Wanda drama energy, like and that season was so good. I was excited. Yeah, I was excited for season eight. But I am being let down in such a profound way. I hurt. I heard in my heart about it because of the expectations that I had, And so I just want to go into this recap letting you know there are two wolves inside of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Same though I was bored and I'm like, why are we doing so many conversations?
Speaker 1: Like so many like redundant? Oh my god, have already had Yeah? I had him last week. Yeah, we're having him this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you love Teague and Ethan. You don't have to say it seventeen times in the same episode for weirdo real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. Okay, even though you've fat.
Speaker 1: Shamed, I'm gonna try and work on that. Thank y'all. Please, if you're sensitive, you might not want to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Stop listening right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, without further ado, let's get into this week's recap of Welcome to Blackville Season eight, episode four.
Speaker 2: Tattooed that dog won't hunt? Okay, what is that referencing?
Speaker 1: I don't know what in the show it's referencing. I know what it means. It's a phrase like that's just not gonna work. That's what that means.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense. Okay, so kim Blas, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We start the episode, though kind of high with Barry delivering oats to the former Plath family farm where Kim and Ken are fornicating and living in with all of his old man shit. And so Barry comes over with his druck and his oats, and then Ken waddles on out over there to talk to him. And I'm wondering why and also the audacity of this one racist to go and talk to Barry who he stole Kim from. I don't know, just very odd to me. And this conversation felt super fucking forced.
Speaker 1: Very much. So why are we doing this? Why are we pretending to tolerate Ken Palmer?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't get it with this.
Speaker 1: Fake conversation about oats and then a juicer because the juicer Berry is on his fatness journey.
Speaker 2: Well I did like that Barry being like, I'm on a health journey, and Kim used to juice all the time back when she was healthy and skinny, and so I'm just wondering, since she doesn't use the juicer anymore, obviously, can I borrow the juicer? And Kim Palmer's like, sure, somewhere in the world. I think I know it's where it adds.
Speaker 1: Fat shaming in saying this literally, Berry is fat shaming.
Speaker 2: Berry's literally saying yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He's definitely deeply implying yes, that he's not attracted to Kim Plath as she.
Speaker 2: Is now well, and that she obviously is not concerned about a healthy diet or a healthy lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Like they used to live. Yeah, of course, we get a flashback of the happy Aryan Nation family in the the Plath farm with their honey and their organic food, and it's just not that way anymore. Kim has changed a lot, and I'll let y'all do doce as to how exactly.
Speaker 2: And so then Barry and Ken waddle into the house to look for the juicer because Barry wants to borrow it and Ken stupidly is like, sure, you can have it. So then they go walk around in the house and you get a glimpse of how Ken and Kim are living, and the.
Speaker 1: Little girls too, Waler. It is so messy.
Speaker 2: It's so messy.
Speaker 1: It's not to the level of Hoarders, but it's like, what's going on? Why don't you guys have the energy to pick up after yourself? This episode can't be entirely.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't say I'm literally trying not to. But you're using words like wattle and such. I'm just making it hard, is all. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Ten is waddling.
Speaker 1: He is, but he might have a bum leg or something because he's a veteran. I don't know, but it's so stupid. And he's asking Barry about Barry's dating life. I don't imagine. Say your wife teeths on you say you have a whole family. Yeah, okay, you're a tad wife and everything, has seventeen children. And then your wife cheeths on you, leaves you for another woman, and then you go over to pick up your kids or something, and that other woman comes out, and it's like, oh you dayting girl. First of all, that woman, you would have it. You would catch a case.
Speaker 2: I would be in federal prison.
Speaker 1: I would be with you, and I'd be beating that hoe.
Speaker 2: So how does.
Speaker 1: Barry stand there? I don't know, have a reasonable conversation.
Speaker 2: I literally I'm just like watching this and I was thinking about your hu spend during this, because your husband, to me, is the epitome of like he's a big macho man, not macho, but like he's a masculine man.
Speaker 1: He's a boy from Texas.
Speaker 2: He's a boy from Texas. He takes no crap whatsoever. And he's also very direct, like, if he doesn't like you, he's gonna tell you. You will know that, you will know just in his energy. But like Barry, on the other hand, is so spineless. I'm like, why are you even sitting here talking to this man? This man doesn't deserve your time. I mean, I guess you guys were friends before he cheated on your.
Speaker 1: Wife or cheated on you with him exactly.
Speaker 2: So I just don't understand why Barry's even taking it or being nice.
Speaker 1: It's like a humiliation ritual for really extremely degrading. For Barry to do this, it's less super weird, trying to take the high road. Maybe by the time maybe him leaves him for another man, he doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Maybe he can't stand her. Yeah, and maybe he's looking at Ken Palmer being like, well, this man's not a price. And then you go to the house and you see how they're living with shit just everywhere. Yeah, clutter everywhere. You have cameras come in into your house. Why is your house not fucking spotless? I don't understand. And then we got to see Kid's jukebox and his weird old manships and decorations and stuff, and I'm just like, what are we doing? And then Barry's like, can we listen to a song on the jukebox? Can we press something on there and listen to some music?
Speaker 1: I just I could. I just kept thinking about Amber, Cassia and Mercy. Yeah, the three littlest baby girls who have to live in this hovel with Kim and her infidelity partner as they're getting drunk at night and eating cake, and these poor girls, I know they need a proper upbringing. I just feel very concerned about it.
Speaker 2: For the too. Ken gives me the creeps, honestly, Like I just he weirds me out. Maybe it's because he's a one eyed racist. Maybe he's just weird. I just don't like him. And so then we shift gears and then we have Ethan at Russell's no military vehicles, and I don't know what this is about. This felt the most produced to me out of the whole episode, Like all the conversations, like this was so fake because it was just like a platform for Ethan to talk about how much he loves Teagan, to show off all of his wallet pictures of Teagan to talk about how he's gonna go up to Wisconsin and surprise her, and he's going to show his commitment to her by moving up to Wisconsin without telling her. I'm gonna get an apartment two minutes away from where she lives, and then I'll tell her that I live right near her again, and babe, she'll take me back. Like, I don't know. It just felt super weird. And then Russell's over there, like, oh my god, Ethan, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: He was so weird.
Speaker 2: It was fake.
Speaker 1: It was very fake. Russell was fake, effusive, and Ethan has nothing else to offer the show. Olivia is gone, he's made up with Kim. There's no additional conflict. So this is all he has and this is his paycheck. Yeah, this is his only job. I know that he like knocks around in various body shops and makes a few bucks or whatever, but this is how he makes his primary living. Yeah, he's on the show, so this is why he's doing it. And it's boring. I'm bored.
Speaker 2: It's super boring. And I don't know what's gonna happen with him in Teagan. I'm assuming they get back together, but like on their instagrams right now current day, it doesn't look like they're together. Maybe that's for the show, but I'm just like, I'm super bored. The only thing I guess that's interesting is seeing Ethan kind of smile for the first time and like forever when he's talking about Teagan. I'm like, that's great that you're happy and everything, but you should have moved and stayed in Wisconsin. Then if you were so happy with this girl who you claim to be your best friend and you claim to love more than anybody in the world, like you should have just stayed there.
Speaker 1: Well. I did think it was curious that Russell said he thought Ethan going up to Wisconsin pursuing t Hegan was a mistake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a rebound and.
Speaker 1: A rebound from Olivia. So what Russell is picking up in the ether is that Ethan might still have some residual issues around Olivia. Maybe they're not fully resolved at this time. They're certainly not divorced, yeah, and so maybe it does kind of feel like a rebound.
Speaker 2: I could see that, but I'm bored.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I'm like, that is a problem. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care at all, and I feel like we're gonna draw it out for many episodes of him moving to Wisconsin and then rekindling their relationship. I wonder if we'll get to see Tagan.
Speaker 1: I think we do, maybe think we sought her into preview for the season.
Speaker 2: But like last year, she was very quiet, very ticky. So I don't think she's going to bring us the drama that we want. So why are we even talking about I don't know. I just don't care. And then we have Barry meeting on a zoom call with his matchmaker expert Renee Yeah, who he apparently has met with before, where he answered a bunch of questions and learned about love languages and learned about what his love language was. But we didn't get to hear what that is.
Speaker 1: It's physical touch, isn't it you think it is? I bet it's physical touch EO. I was just like, you would think that after so many seasons on television, and I would hope at least taking some of the feedback that you're getting from the viewers, you would think he would be self aware. Yeah, to know that he's kind of creepy, Like his general aspect is a little strange. Yeah, and in specific how he talks about love and romance. It just comes off as really strange. So you would think he would go into these scenes and maybe regulate some of his organic reactions to stuff, but he doesn't. He's creepier than I've ever seen him. I forget what he was saying when he referenced blowing or a blow. He said something about.
Speaker 2: Oh, he said, don't go slower than fifty, otherwise you'll.
Speaker 1: Blow in talking about Sandra Bullock yeah, and the movie she did with Keanu Reeves, and I was like, I know he doesn't mean it the way I'm going to take it for sure, but like, I would love for you to just check yourself out a little bit and not be so weird. Arry, you're very, very weird.
Speaker 2: I'm just like I was watching this, I'm like, dude, you have a thousand children, so obviously you know hat fluck. Yeah, why are you acting like a total virgin? Like you're acting like such a weird He acts like the fifty year old virgin does. He's never touched a woman in his life.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he married as well before him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So like he's had other relationships he's got his pencil wet. Yeah, why are you so fucking strange?
Speaker 2: So bizarre? And then the matchmaker's like, well, what do you look for in a woman? Meaning what do you look for personality wise? And he's like, all of toned skin, I want the Sandra Bullock look. What can we stop? I did kind of like that though, him saying that he wants the Sandra Bullock look because it's the complete and utter opposite of Kim.
Speaker 1: Well, and he also said some other things like I need her to not be manipulating. Yeah that was I need her to not be controlling. Yeah, I need her not to be an alpha female because I've dealt with a lot of that horseshit and I don't want that again ever.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Okay, Kim, okay. Kim was obviously terrible. And then he I think he talked a little bit about their divorce or talked about like their relationship ending, because the matchmaker was like, well, why do you think it ended? And he was very polite I think in this where he's like, you know, it takes two to make a relationship work. It also takes two to make a relationship end. And you know, there were some things that I reflected on that I could have done better, Like Kim said that I didn't meet all of her needs and I didn't love her enough, and so you know, I took that to heart, and I've matured and now I'm ready to bang to fuck to fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeahkes, Like, I don't think that storyline is going to sustain us this season and into the upcoming seasons because it's very strange. I can't imagine the kind of woman a guy like Barry might attract. And I'm a haterosexical. Yeah, Like, so I like dudes and stuff, and I'm of a certain age and if I was out on the marriage market or whatever and I was looking first on body, like he's I mean, I could get over his head. Yeah, he's got a good body. Yeah, he's gainfully employed. Yes, he's got some properties. I mean there's a lot that he's got going for him. But like he's so strange.
Speaker 2: He's super awkward, very quirky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's just there's just the vibration of degen with him. There's a vibration and a lot of people, like on Reddit will say pdf file not that he is, and there's no there's there's absolutely no evidence to the fact, but people get the sniff, the smell, the feel of that from him, Like he's just creepy, creepy.
Speaker 2: He is kind of creepy. Yeah, And like to me, I'm just like Barry just be more of a direct person to me. He's two passive.
Speaker 1: He's very passive.
Speaker 2: So when I look at him and I can you know, I might be gay, but I can appreciate an attractive man when I see them. And Barry to me, well, you know, I don't know I can name any off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: That's X to doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, but like with Barry, I look at him and I'm like, there's really nothing redeeming about you besides maybe your body everything else. I'm like money, the money he can provide, Yeah, he can provide, he's successful or whatever.
Speaker 1: Why does he need the show? Why does he doing this? What's the motivation? I mean, is Kim somehow pressuring him to do it and exchange for something that she gives him, he'll do it? Like, I just don't see the upside for somebody like Barry.
Speaker 2: There really isn't any upside. And now we're just gonna have to watch a Barry dating arc, which I was originally excited for, but after seeing how he talks to this matchmaker, I'm like, ooh, I'm cringing, and not in a good way where I'm enjoying myself, in a way where I want to look away and not watch this because it's very awkward. I just I don't know, we'll see. And then he talks about how his girls don't really know that he's interested in dating, but they want him to get a girlfriend, probably because he's fucking weird. Dad, You're weird, and Sangle right, stop watching shit on TV and go out and find somebody. So then we shift gears and we go into the Plath family farm in the forest, where we have Kim and Isaac pushing down dead trees. And I just want to say to the audio people on TLC of this episode, we didn't need that. I didn't need Kim grunting and pushing down trees. Why I don't want to hear that it sounds like she's taking a shit. It did in the woods.
Speaker 1: Well, they start that scene just the trees rocking and a lot of grunting and breathing. So I was thinking, like, is Ken Palmer and are they fucking against a dead tree? Are they having a romantic moment? And then we pan over to know it's Isaac and his mom, Kim, pushing over dead trees. Oh, it was very strange.
Speaker 2: It was very weird. And also I hated this scene because it's Kim pretending like she's a good mom and she cares about her kids and cares about what's going on in their lives. And it's just her talking to Isaac about him breaking up with Kaylin and okay, well.
Speaker 1: And everything he says in this conversation with Kim, he actually said last week with that Rando coworker at the peanut farm, and he actually said that before to the camera, Like we've actually had this scene conversation, Yeah, a multitude of time. So we really didn't need this scene except for Kim's hidden hand behind the scene to appear as a great mother, and so she's producing the scene in order to do so, and Isaac's going along with it. I don't there's something about this that I'm not buying. With Isaac and Caylin, it doesn't seem real to me.
Speaker 2: What do you mean their breakup? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I'm thinking This is a family like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills that meets before a season. They have a big meeting and they talk about the storylines that they're going to have for the upcoming season. And Kim's storyline is going to be Ken Palmer is living in my house and I'm fat And that's that's Kim, That's what she says. Yeah, Barry's storyline is dating. Isaac's is I've broken up, but we don't have a reason for the breakup other than he feels pressured because it's all happening so fast, Like just none of this strikes me as real be a true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt really stupid to me. I'm just like, why are we even talking about it? And furthermore, why are you talking to your mom about it? Because it's not like she's a reliable source for good relationships, I mean, which.
Speaker 1: She kind of talks about.
Speaker 2: She does, but she doesn't take ownership for it. So she says something to the effect of, like, all of my older kids have had really hard times with relationships. And after that she could have said, maybe it's because I destroyed the family by cheating on their dad with a drunk alcohol with a drunk alcoholic well, and with an alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Even before that, because I instilled in them these religious virtues of purity, and all of my Christian tenants, and I brought them up in this particular way, and then I completely abandoned that life, and right I became a hypocrite. And now they're all mad or whatever. Like she yeah, she doesn't have any self reflection in this moment at all. She's like, you know, I really feel like it would benefit couples if they didn't have sex before marriage. And I'm like, Okay, you are living, you're still married?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you still married in this moment? Maybe not. No, they're divorced, Okay, but you're living with Ken Palmer. Yeah, this is the man you cheated and bury with. You've brought him into the family home. You're exposing your young girls to this degenerat of a man, and you're gonna lecture people in your viewing public about fornication.
Speaker 2: And you're literally fucking him before you're.
Speaker 1: Married to him, while you were married to somebody else. Yes, and that man thought he was married to you in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So then you want to say that it's better to wait until marriage to have sex, like shut up, dude.
Speaker 1: Well then she very quickly said, but like time has passed and now I realize you actually should fuck before marriage and get to know your partner. And so that's what I want for my kids, just like I get Okay, I don't understand you, Kim.
Speaker 2: Great, she doesn't make any fucking sense because she doesn't really know who she is. And I could have sympathy for that if she wasn't such a shitty person. You know, That's just what I'm gonna say. But I just I felt bad for Isaac because he's obviously lost, he's obviously confused, and if this breakup with Kaylin is real, I do feel bad for him because he realizes that he made a mistake because she is a good girl. She is smart, she's pretty, he's a nurse, and she cares about Isaac, which Kim is quick to point out in this segment. You know that the first thing that Caylen says to her when she I guess called Kim after the breakup was just make sure Isaac's okay. Like she is a very sweet person. So Isaac seems to regret what he did. He hopes he can get her back newsplash. He probably does because they're still together or whatever, which is great, but I'm bored. We don't need to.
Speaker 1: Watch this pan out, No, we do not.
Speaker 2: Then we go over to the other Plath family home that is now Barry's, the nice house in town, where Barry's telling the younger girls he's going to start dating.
Speaker 1: That house is still up for sale, by the way, Yeah, that house is still up for sale. I think it has dropped in price. It is currently on the market for something like six forty nine or that's crazy twenty nine. Yeah, it's it's in careag super It is very and it's kind of dated as well. But anyway, I think they've been trying to sell this house for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Well maybe don't sell it for a crazy amount of money in the middle of fucking nowhere in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Well that's what's happening in our country right now.
Speaker 2: I know it's bullshit. I'm mad about it, but anyway, So Barry's telling the younger girls, hey, I'm thinking about fucking other women again, and the girls are like, great, we've been waiting for that for a million years, because mom's been fucking Kim Palmer for five years now, So get on it, Dad, And then he asks them, you know, what do you want or what would you like to see in one of my future partners? And they're like, well, she's gotta like music, she's got to like water activities because we go to being, and she's also got to be good at communicating, and she's got to be motherly. Yikes, yeah, yikes.
Speaker 1: You can kind of infer, yeah, what they are missing maybe with their actual mother.
Speaker 2: Well, Kim doesn't strike me as a very maternal or nurturing person whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Lydia does, Yes, what she had to be?
Speaker 2: Yes, and now she's you know, married to zach Asta there and then we shift gears and we go back to Kim and she's talking about her wheat journey because.
Speaker 1: She's just gonna be quiet in this segment.
Speaker 2: Look, so Kim says herself, I'm not saying this to shame her. She says herself, I've gained a fucked voight.
Speaker 1: Did she use that exact phrase or no?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've gained a lot of weight. And I don't like how I look anymore when I look in the mirror. My clothes don't fit right. I don't like the way that they fit, and I don't like the way that I feel. So I'm gonna get my shit together and I'm gonna write on my chalkboard my schedule of all of the exercises that I need to do, and I'm gonna start eating healthier again, because you know, I fell off the wagon and I became a drunk and I ate too much sugar and too many doritos. So I'm gonna go back to my healthy lifestyle, and you know what, I'm gonna start juicing again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So this brings us back to the beginning of the episode What a Dink, when Barry took the juicer because Ken gave it to him in their hoarder house, and so now Kim is asking Ken, where's my juicer? And Ken's like, oh, I give it him Berry. Barry come over earlier today and he said he wanted all I gave him the juicer if that was that away, And then Kim gets mad at Barry, not at Ken for giving the juicer away, but she gets mad at Barry and she's like, oh, well, now I'm gonna have to call him because that's my juicer, that's mine that I bought with Barry's money. That's my shoeser, right, and that's.
Speaker 1: It was that the whole episode. Well, no, that's the scene. The scene, okay, And so she did have kettlebells.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was jumping. There was a yoga mat and a trampoline.
Speaker 1: She's acknowledging. Oh, I said, I wasn't gonna talk, but she's acknowledging that she's let herself go. She does not feel good in her body. And look, I think a lot of us can really really to that. I certainly can, yeah, And so I hope that she does well because I do really think that when you feel good in your physical form, it affects absolutely every area of your life and we all deserve that sense of well being interest.
Speaker 2: And that was kind of my feeling of this scene. I was of two minds. There are two wolves in me where I'm looking at Kim, and I'm like, you know, if you were any other person, I'd probably feel bad for you, and I would relate to you, and I feel compassionate root for you. Yes, and I you know, I do. I think that everybody should want to get healthy. If they want that, that's great, and I do advocate for that. But with it being Kim fucking Plath and my girl, you did it to yourself and also maybe realize, oh, maybe I'm not happy with the trajectory of my life. And she actually did say did something about this. I think it was to Isaac where she was talking about like, you know, you get it into your head that you think the grass will be greener on the other side, and then you get to the other side and you realize, oh, the grass ain't greener over here. And I was like, are you referencing yourself.
Speaker 1: I wondered. She also said something like, this is the body that I have for the rest of my life. I'm going to have to live in it, and I want to be happy in it. Yikes, And I thought, oh, that's a really insightful comment to make Kim, So I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am shocked too. We'll see how much how she takes this seriously, or if she takes it seriously.
Speaker 1: She's a social media Instagram or something. I'd love to track her weight last journey. I would you were terrible, I know I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure you would. And then we have Ethan in his old man car in Wisconsin. Apparently he drove it all the way up there in one night, and he's in Wisconsin. He is literally driving around Teagan's neighborhood where she lives, where she frequents. He goes and stops at a park right next to her house or something, and he's telling the producers, Yeah, I'm up here because I'm looking for places. I'm trying to secure a place by January, which is like in a month or two or something. And he's like, I'm not telling Tagan. I'm not telling anybody. I'm not even telling my family that I'm moving here. I'm just gonna wait until I have a place and I'm already living up here, and then I'll tell everybody.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird. Yeah, it's a little dysfunctional in terms of committed relationships. We don't normally handle it that way new but this just underlines or underscores the fact that he did. He never had a demonstration of what a normal relationship would look like. And he even said something like that when he was driving up to Wisconsin. He's like, you know, I'm I look back at my life. There's a lot that I really like about the way that I was raised, But when it comes to relationships, I really wish we had learned a few different things or a few different lessons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was actually a little insightful for Ethan Plath because he had said something like, you know, my parents were very against dating and very against, like us, experimenting with different relationships and stuff like that. But I feel like it would have really helped us learn how to iron all the kinks out before we you know, you know, get jumped into these long term relationships or these marriages or whatever, and then we end up divorced or end up in these horrible breakups or in these toxic situations. So I thought that was kind of interesting that he articulated that because nobody else is. And I think it's true. I think Kim and Barry didn't teach them how to really like vet anybody or experiment with their partners or anything. They just told them, yeah, if you feel a little tinkly in your pep, you should get married.
Speaker 1: Well. I think Ethan has actually been trying to say this over the past few seasons, and when he first started talking about it, he was very angry, particularly at Kim, for the things that she taught Ethan and that she required of both Ethan and Olivia in order for them to be together. Yeah, but now it seems like he's worked through a lot of that but still has some regrets.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he does kind of reference. He doesn't really like say it outright, but he kind of references like Isaac and Micah, like all these break up and stuff that everybody's going through, Like it would have been easier for them to deal with this kind of stuff if they had had more freedom in their dating life in general. And so then he's in Wisconsin kind of stalking teak in a little bit, and he says that in order to show his commitment to her, he's going to just find a place and live like right next to her, and then he's going to tell her, Hey, I have an apartment here. I love you.
Speaker 1: Hopefully she's not dating back with her baby daddy, Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: What if she is. I know, what if he meets up with her and she's like, oh, I already have a boyfriend. Yeah, because she's a bombshell.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I think this is all just manufactured drama. It's got to be right, and it's got I think so, yes.
Speaker 2: And I'm just over it at this point. And then we have the producer at the very end of the episode, because they're driving around the town and they're talking about his old man car and they're saying it's very recognizable, Like if Teagan's driving around, is she gonna know you're here? And then sure enough Ethan spots her driving on the opposite side of the road and he notices her. So she's gonna notice him, and I think we're gonna have a FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Call with her at some point.
Speaker 2: So then we get to the preview. We have plaith Daddy Barry at a workout class and apparently all the wine moms there are just fawning over him.
Speaker 1: We saw that in the season preview.
Speaker 2: We did. Then we have Ethan calling Teagan. We also saw that in the season preview, and she's gonna be like, oh my god, why are you here? And then we have Isaac asking Kaylin.
Speaker 1: Will you take me back?
Speaker 2: Will you give me another chance?
Speaker 1: I know who I am. I don't give second chances. We saw that in the season preview.
Speaker 2: And she does give a second chance. I know so.
Speaker 1: But like everything we're watching, we've already seen in the season preview. I think we get the whole season. I think we know what's going to happen through this entire thing. I don't think anything new and interesting is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: There's gotta be some kind of curveball that they're gonna throw us.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's going to be well.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I'm saying. They should have a curveball or something to keep us watching, because otherwise, why are we watching?
Speaker 1: Where would it come from? Maybe Lydia and Zach. Maybe maybe there's a gay porn incident.
Speaker 2: I texted, that's the only thing.
Speaker 1: I don't save this prayers up for gay porn. That would save the show, that would save the season. But like maybe Lydia and Zach have some issues, it's not going to be in a relationship that Barry has via dating. I doubt it's going to be the sanitized version of a love match with Ethan and Teaken. Micah's not on the show. Micah bounced back to Florida. He's hanging out with his male lover and he's living his new life down.
Speaker 2: There, and Mariah's in Montana.
Speaker 1: Mariah doesn't want any part of this horseshit.
Speaker 2: No, why would you?
Speaker 1: I know they're going to go to Montana like, so we saw in the season previews some of that, some of the family members are going to go there, but that's I don't think that. I don't think she's dating. I don't think there's anything interesting. There's no real drama, there's no actual conflict. There's nobody calling him out on the duy, no for real or bad parenting or the parentification of Lydia. There's no Barry taking responsibility for any of this either.
Speaker 2: There's really nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm disappointed too. I want it to pick up because I do love the show and we've covered can be so good. I mean, oh my god, we've covered every single season, every single episode. It's all on Patreon organized if you want it, but it's also on YouTube. It's just like, we love this show. This family is crazy. I know that they can. I know they can pull out something, but I don't know. But the way these episodes are going, the way they're structured, where we're just going from like one forced conversation to another to another, I'm just like, ooh, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's Giving season six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is Giving Seasons.
Speaker 1: Giving season six.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, unless Olivia comes back with her vagina chested hair boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I hate to say that. I think maybe we need her, Maybe we need Veronica and her various mental illnesses when if she comes back, I think that would be great for the show. Allegedly, by the way, mental illnesses. I have no idea, like we need some sort of a disrupting force to agitate these lobotomized Plaths in order for there to be some actual conflict I can get behind. Otherwise, I don't why what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Well? And it's so weird to me that like all of the older kids are seemingly like on Kim's side now, like they're all just like forgiving her and they're just like, oh, I love my mom.
Speaker 1: She paying them off? I don't is she giving them money?
Speaker 2: It just seems very weird because we had several seasons where we had multiple Plath kids that were not happy with Kim or Barry. So it's just the weird turn of pays, like now we have all of them just like a lily move. Because it's a job, I guess, but you could still make it your job.
Speaker 1: It would be better as a job, it'd be way better.
Speaker 2: You probably make more money if you came for Kim if you were like, my mom's a fucking drunk gas bitch.
Speaker 1: And I hate the feeling that Kim Plath has the kind of power and control overproduction that somebody like Cody Brown does yeah have with production for Sister Wives, like they can't say certain things, or he's orchestrating the scenes and they're just kind of doing what Cody wants to do. Like it kind of feels that that's what Kim's doing. Yep, with the family and all of these stupid saccharin storylines. This is just not the way to go. I just don't know how to impress deeply enough on production or on TLC. Like this is just terrible for the actual franchise. You were better in twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen. You were better with the Gypsy Sisters. You were better with Little Women of La back in the day, with actual real wealth, sort of real drama, real fights, real arguments. That's not what this is.
Speaker 2: Nope, this is fake bull shot.
Speaker 1: We were gonna get some of that.
Speaker 2: And I'm kind of bummed because if this is the trajectory of the show, it's like just another one bites the dust. Yeah, just turns into bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna watch it next season. No, I'm not going to watch it next season if you keep this up. And my sense, my psychic raccoon sense, is that this whole season is going to be this and we're gonna continue to cover it. I'll be a little upset about it, me too, but we'll finish it out. But I just feel like this is the way it's going.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's your prediction for the season finale? Because last year we had like a crazy season finale with the wedding and everything and the big old fight and Micah's nose and then breaking up with Veronica. Like, we had such a crazy end to last season. What do you think the season finale is going to be for this.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even say. Maybe pounds Kim loses one hundred pounds, who cares? No, Like, maybe Ethan and Teagan have a come to Jesus moment and they have to make a decision, but I still don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's boring.
Speaker 1: So maybe this is the final season of the plasts. Maybe this is the season where they just wrap it up and oh my god, Ethan has Teagan and Mariah's Montana and MICA's in Florida, and everybody's situated and okay, and so thus ends the franchise. I could see that, Yame, I could see it too.
Speaker 2: That would be better than dragging it out for a couple more seasons of just mediocre terrible contente. It'd be better to just end it now on a high ish.
Speaker 1: And so my commitment going forward is like, I'm going to recap this with enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I'll try to and you know, look at what they're giving us and comment on it, laugh about it, yes, But like I'm going to try and keep my bad attitude, fat shaming and jadedness out of the conversation. But like, yeah, between you and me, bait, yeah, I'm like not super hopeful about platfo me neither.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, let us know your guys's thoughts. I know some people on Reddit are saying that they're tapping out already, like they're not watching the season anymore because it's boring. But those are people on Reddit. What do you raccoons think about this season? Are you guys just as bored as us? Are you laughing with us? Are you upset because d is a big fat shamer.
Speaker 1: I'm big and fat and I'm a fat shamer.
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, please do let me know, And I apologize if I offended anybody, truly, and that's never my intention. I know that I do that, and I'm going to probably continue to do that to some degree, but like, it's not my intention.
Speaker 2: But also, this is a fucking podcast, and if you're offended, you don't have to listen to it.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't want to hurt people's.
Speaker 2: No, but like you don't have to listen.
Speaker 1: I detest Kim Plath.
Speaker 2: I mean, also, the world is full of opinions that you're not gonna like, So grow a thick skin. Oh wow, that's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: To Okay, And on that note, is there anything else that we should be saying to these beautiful raccoons before we get a bond at it here? Beatrice?
Speaker 2: If you got something nice to say about us, please go to your favorite podcast.
Speaker 1: But they are now going to go out of their way. I don't care to say something negative about it.
Speaker 2: Every single time we recap Plath film, every time, every season, single fucking time, people come out of the woodwork and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, these women are so mede start to life.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. We are just dumb people on.
Speaker 1: The inner opportunity haters.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Seriously, everybody can get it on this podcast doesn't matter who you are. So anyway, if you love us and you want.
Speaker 1: To support us, apparently we could use the help.
Speaker 2: It'd be really great if you could go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a five star review. It costs you nothing, it's nice. And if you don't like.
Speaker 1: Us, wow, we gotta go. And those concludes our conversates the own. Now we are going to be back next week to continue to recap. I think we're gonna on the final episode of Sister White's season eight. Yeah, so we're gonna come back for that. Make sure to join us until then. Please do not forget that we have nothing but love for you and pease.
Speaker 2: How nighte bye guys,