Speaker 1: E Sports Radio. Sorry for the technical difficulties. This is Jerry Eaves and this is the Sports Radio. It is June to thirteenth, twenty twenty five. It's Friday, June thirteenth, Friday the thirteenth. Welcome back to the show. Sorry for that. Sometimes these electronic devices don't work well. That's all that I can say. My ear pods are not working correctly, or we're not working correctly, So welcome back to the show. We've got Rich behind the glass. Rick, how are you. I'm doing good, Jerry great. We'll have Anthony and George will be with us in a second. But let me just get the news out of the way. Phone numbers five zero, two, five, nine hundred. It is Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. That was not I Heart's fault. That was my fault.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: I could not get these ear pods to work properly, so that falls on me. Anyway, welcome back to the show. Let's introduce first and foremost Anthony Eves to the show. Anthony, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: Doing good?
Speaker 3: Just just hustle back up the stairs. So I'm out of breath now.
Speaker 1: There you go. Somebody had to save me that's all. Somebody had to save me. I don't even want to tell the other guy. He'll have nothing but jokes. Let's bring his name is other guy? Bring you sometimes George Williams. Sometimes other guy.
Speaker 4: How are you, hey, buddy out it budds it buds.
Speaker 1: Right here, buds George, exactly.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just wanted to verify that, mister Eaves, because we were all waiting about a half hour for you to come on the as so we only got a few minutes. So let's get right into the show. Because what were you trying to do? Put some of their budds in your ear? Very technical, very technical.
Speaker 1: They're in my ears. I could get him to the connect to the computer. George.
Speaker 4: That's not taking any stuff off your Jerry.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking any stuff off you, George.
Speaker 4: I'm not if you technically savvy, bro. I'm just saying you're technically savy.
Speaker 1: Technically savvy, George. I like, now you sound like Anthony.
Speaker 4: Now you fell like Anthony.
Speaker 1: That's okay, technically savvy boy, George. I like that. Well, anyway, welcome back, Hope. Everybody's had a tremendous week. It is Friday, George. The week is blown by. Let me tell you what we have. And a lot of people don't know this. Well, you don't because you're wrong with us yesterday. But we're gonna have the one and only Dwayne Casey calling in the day about seven forty.
Speaker 4: Five, and we're gonna talk to him a lot.
Speaker 1: About about yes NBA Draft, not much about the NBA Draft. This is the only issue you will He works for the front office for the Pistons, so there are only certain things that I can ask. We can talk about the playoff games, George, and there are a few questions he's given me that I can ask him about the draft, but he cannot since he works for the giveaway information that I'd like for him to give away, George, as we both know. But anyway, we've got Dwayne as at the back end of the show, so we do need to get into this, George. Now we've got to start. We're throwing at trade, Anthony. George. We've got big baseball games, big baseball games at high school and college. So Anthony, we're gonna start with you. Let everybody know what's transpiring in high school in college baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, obviously we also know we always know the college segment, there's tons of games going on. There's gonna be a couple of tonight, a couple Saturday as well. For that college side. Obviously playing out in Omaha. Louisville does play the night at seven pm with the host in Oregon State and in Arizonia and Coastal Carolina will be kicking off the day at two pm as well. The Saturday games, we'll be having Murray State take on UCLA at two o'clock Eastern time, and then we'll also have LSU versus Arkansas at seven o'clock as well. For those college games that we have coming up today and tomorrow, those are big ones going on. So we got two Kentucky teams supporting seven representing twenty five percent. Oh that great George for you astanding?
Speaker 1: How fam isn't that great George Murray and University of Louisville right?
Speaker 4: I think he brought up a point.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read this to you all. Andy brought this up yesterday, and what a point. Listen to this, u all. His name's Dan Skirker. He is the coach the Racers play. Well, let me just give you the whole thing. During the twenty three to twenty four academic year. According to the information gathered by USA Today in conjunction with the partnership with the Knights Town College Athletic Database, that Murry spent eight hundred and fifty eight thousand, one hundred and six dollars on their entire baseball program. Let me say this to you again. Eight hundred and fifty eight thousand, one hundred and six dollars George, entire program, George. The Racers play in the stadium with a maximum capacity of eight hundred. Head coach Dan Skirka cuts the grass, and Johnny reaganfield himself, George himself. Now, when we're talking about the real college experience, this is it. This is the real college experience right there, George. It doesn't say what his salary is, but guys, his entire budget is eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So I want everybody to understand here when everybody gets on me about a little criticism on coach McDonald, great job all of the World Series, I think six for Louisville, but he makes twice as much as Murray State's entire budget. Just want people to understand it's always not about the money. George, we always say it's always about the money. Antony brought that up yesterday. Here it is front page, front page of the paper. Guys crempe, Jared, I think that's the story of it all. Our Murray State reached College World Series entire budgets eight hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars. So, George, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, Jered, I just think he has a love for the game, a passion for the game. And as we know today that most of the time that that kind of budget won't get you any word because you can't get the big teams to play you because they scharedule upset you, and the small team they can't really travel that far because they budget won't allow it. But I think it's fantastic in the time and this day and time, when we're talking about how we play in il players and coaches all this amount of money, it's refreshing to see that the coach loves what he does because he loves it for the love of the game. And then also, Jered, where he lives, he can afford to live pretty good on a four or five hundred thousand dollars Sorry, so you know, I just think it's so amazing and how much these coaches want. And what amazes me is we act like they are so outstanding, but if they don't get the town, the players, they're no better than anybody else.
Speaker 1: And this guy, you and George don four or five. I bet you, I bet you he makes one fifty George Mix. Listen to this. Murray State will face UCLA with a baseball budget of four point one nine million in game one. LSU has a budget of nine point nine million, third largest budget in Division one Arkansas nine point one six million, fifth largest, George, some of the teams that Murray State's competing against with an eight hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars budget. So congratulations.
Speaker 4: Truly, I really.
Speaker 1: Want Murray State to win at George, I really do. And that was a great point, Anthony, that you brought up yesterday, and here it is in today's paper. Antony brought it up yesterday that he cut his own grand George, You've got a lot more out George. Cut the infield, y outfield. George.
Speaker 4: We did live so long with Okay, no they don't go finish. I got a couple of I said, we have lived for long. We remember when a lot of coaches would take that avenue, you know, Jay, and have the players out there working with him.
Speaker 1: George. I told him yesterday when Anthony brought this up. That at Herring University in nineteen ninety and of course you know I was called everything. I was janitor, manager, travel coordinator, assistant coach, recruiting coordinator. George. People have no idea when you take lower level jobs, you do everything. After every game, every game, George, Coach Beard and I stayed, swept the stadium, steps, got we were the janitors, got all the pop coronarts, swept the floor before we left. George. That's college. That's why I tell people I don't like complaining from college coaches. I don't. I'm gonna bring coach of Beard on next week and have him tell you that's that's college.
Speaker 4: You know what you you missed out though, Jered that I think that makes make college so so fantastic. Fair back, you lived in the dawn with the other students. You got to know who your classmates was. You could walk around class campus and a lot of people that you got to meet and got to know. You know them longer than you know your teammates, and you still got relationships with them. You know, I think they're missing that interaction with their fellow students on the campus. You know, I don't believe that you're that big that all your college students will lose their man if you walk around campus, you know, without security. You know, I mean, I just hate being doing where they got to go, stay in and away from the students, get to know them.
Speaker 1: Yep, Wildcat Lodge, Danny Crumb Hall, everyone has them now, George Carmous.
Speaker 4: But think about your relationship when you come out of Miller Hall, George. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know in your practice now you say you missed this point. People can come to our official practice, George, as long as they an't make any noise. They watched our practice, the real practice, George, George, not summertime. The real practice practice was open. Things have changed. Let's get to our first call. Great point though yesterday with that anything because it's in the front page of the Cure today, wait to beat the paper, the sports radio.
Speaker 4: Are you I'm laying my man? All right? Hey, good morning gentlemen. Uh I hope Anthony's doing good.
Speaker 5: Rick behind the glass doing great, Jerry Uh, well, I'm not gonna say. And then the main man, George, it is a delight. But Jerry had called about the Murray Sade deal that this is just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You know, the equivalent of.
Speaker 5: Them making this world Ferry Jerry is Bellerman making the final four.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm and great analogy.
Speaker 5: Yes, that that is exactly what you're watching. Do you know this coach makes less than one hundred thousand dollars a year?
Speaker 1: I knew he did. I knew he did. His total budgets eight hundred and fifty thousand, travel, assistant coaches, Jersey's uniform, food insurance, the whole nine yards without it.
Speaker 5: You know, you know we have we have a we have assistant coaches at U of L combined that make more money in that program takes in. Or that Murray State is worse or whatever.
Speaker 2: The year.
Speaker 1: Oh no, all of it, I guess, and I'm sure all these schools are. Yes.
Speaker 4: I agree there not because letting now, but think about this. Do we think he'll be still making that thing Storary next year? Will he be at Maury State?
Speaker 5: No, no, sir, He'll be at another school next year. George.
Speaker 4: After this, I kind of knew that, but I wanted y'all to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, he will not be at Murray State next year, but.
Speaker 5: In his back pocket, it's amazing, you know, congratulations to them and U of L and the other teams had made it out there, because that's very hard to do. But uh, you know, coach McDonald has been squawking for a while over there about things, and boy, it's hard to uh, it's hard to hear that when you've been losing three to four million dollars a year on your baseball team over there. And if the school would come claim Jerry and George and Anthony and post that, put that out to the Courier Journal like Murray State did, you will see where they're losing three to four million dollars every single year over there on baseball.
Speaker 1: That's a fact on the lot. No, I mean, that's just a fact. But both teams planning wish them both success. But the story is Murray's State. That's the story. Eight hundred and fifty six thousand dollars is this. I'll they win it, Drew. Yes, George dan Skirtt will not be there next year. He will not. He will move forward. But the experience that he's gained from this level. That's the only thing I tell people when guys get high level assistant jobs, they have no idea what it really is to coach clean stadiums, George wassh jerseys, all the things that you have to do that you don't touch it. Believe, the things I did at Louisville when I was coach Crumbs assistant was absolutely not the same as what I did at Howard University for Coach Pear, completely different. You have to learn the nuts and boats. So guys, we're at seven twenty one. We got to get the breakers. We've got d Dwayne Casey.
Speaker 4: Later on we get that thing to get Thanks BLA, have a great wee get blinded.
Speaker 1: Great job, Anthony. When we come back, of course, Antonio Brown's back in the news, we'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. June thirteenth, twenty twenty five. It's Friday. Yes, it is a seven twenty four. If you need to be able to work at eight, you need to start moving toward the job, which means be in your car community now. Welcome back, George Williams. Anthony. Eve's on the line. With the guys who've got another caller and we're gonna take him, but really quickly. George, have you heard about the news about Antonio Brown attempted murder?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Give me your opinion if if you have one, you may not. If you do give it to me, I'll get you an anthony. We'll go from there. I'll give your mind.
Speaker 4: Well, well, Jerry, we've seen this building up for a long time, you know what I mean, And I always call it superstar syndrome. You know, we've given these young men, uh put them on a pedestal since they've been a young age, told them what they can do. They're untouchable, and a lot of these young men believe that. You know, we've seen that Antine Brown has had emotional problems ever since you have Pittsburgh. I mean, you know, with all the opportunities you get like that, and you still can't adjust to for people, and you always think it's the other guy. You know, that's psychological. Jerry, and I think he really has a lot he's going on with him. And I think that people could have wrap their arms around him a long time ago and had some evaluations done, but seemed like he didn't want to get it done. Now did the people around him want to get it done? They just wanted to see how good an athletely good, how fast he could run, and how good he could catch that ball and everything else, or just take care of himself. And we've seen how it just spiraled out of hand. And that's when I think about it.
Speaker 1: Where'd you think Anthony had multiple issues in Antonio Brown?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know what we don't We don't know what's going on upstairs with Antonio Brown.
Speaker 3: He's kind of been a messing off the walls probably over the last six or seven years. I think it's just slowly and drastically just kind of getting worse and worse by the month. You know, I hate to say it because he was an incredible football player, but I think he needs some real psychological help because I just don't think everything's clicking up there. I don't know the people he's surrounding himself with or I'm saying them seriously, I don't know who the people he surround himself with or is just letting them do these things without any like repercussions or consequences really just kind of does it and it kind of happens, and they kind of sweeping on the rug and he does something else, and it's just a reoccurring event, and it's getting to the point to where now it's it's he's in a situation where this one can't get swept.
Speaker 4: Under the rug.
Speaker 3: Now you're putting yourself in a real situation where your life is about to change drastically. Attempted murder regards what the case is. Even if you put on probation, community.
Speaker 1: Service, jail time.
Speaker 3: Who knows it's something that will mentally change you as a person. It changes anyone. Anyone who's ever been in that.
Speaker 6: Situation before knows that your heart falls out of your body when you hear news like that, or you're getting phone calls or people are out looking for you and you know you're running around driving in your car and you get an ESPN alert that the police are looking for you.
Speaker 1: Always, well, guys, we always try to get both sides. I'm going to read to you from his ex account. I agree with you all. I was jumped by multi individuals, George. That goes back to you. He's always jumped who tried to steal my jewelry? Second thing, Antonio, you haven't worked for three years and you're in financial trouble. He is, you need to sell your jewelry, Anthony. You're correct. People around him need to tell him you need to have sold that a long time ago, young man. But again, George anton these things don't seem to sink in and cause physical harm to me, he wrote in his ex account. Contrary to some videos circulating, police temporarily detained me until they received my side of the story, then released me. I went home that night and was not arrested. Hold up my continuity to just cut up. I will be taking my legal counsel and attorneys on pressing charges on the individuals that jumped to me. According to the warrant, witnesses told police officers that Brown was a shooter, and two shell cases were found at the scene. Brown was unarmed at the time he was detained, but the men he allegedly punched during the altar told police that Brown began to run toward him with firearms after the fight had already been broken up, and shot at him twice. So, guys, all I can say is this, George, You're right, Antonio, sell the jewelry. You need the money. Period, point blank. Anthony Hundson, correct, incarceration.
Speaker 4: Does no good. Go ahead, George, Yeah, you know, And they said, you know, Jered, the people that you run with, a lot of these guys especially have these emotional and problems. They surround themselves with a lot of yes people. Jared, whatever you do is okay with us, and you are the man.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's probably one of his problems been with his career, that he's always surrounded people with those kinds of people, and they've always pumped him up. And now, Jared, they may be ending his career because nobody was standing around him to tell him the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: They said, careers over, George may be ending his days as he free before waiting exactly. So, guys, let's get our caller on before we get to our next break. Tryst on task ac, Welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good, how you guys feeling? Thank you so much for think of my call brother, Rick. I hope you are the league mister Eves who cares about Antonio Brown And well, you guys are so this story would never end, okay, So drop the subject. You've been talking about this clown for the last two years. Yes, stop with this, brother. Well, then Brother Anthony, explain what's happening. So, according to a c the tribal chief of the show, I call him a clown. So you're gonna fix yourself. You cannot fix you. You can have problems that problem.
Speaker 1: What finds out? What do you say when find out that there may be a possibility that boy's got CTE? What will you say then ac.
Speaker 7: NFL's problem. Well, mister Ives, you don't want to go deeper into conversation, trust me, you don't want that. A lot of things at O's trust me. It's not even good for a radio. The reason it's not good for a radio because the government is not gonna like it. Trust me, I know in and out. All right. Please, I'm telling you very nicely. Do not do not underestimate me. Okay, but I love what you want that motivates me.
Speaker 1: You did George get you out of prison or not? George said he raised the money.
Speaker 7: I think we did. Of course, that's a brother who got me out of the present. Baby, by mister, let me tell you something, all right, let me tell you something. You and I you know, I spoke with brother Anthony about this privately in his car dealership. You and I have got to do a FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to it, you and I. There's so many things done for you.
Speaker 1: I'm frightened.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. How about this?
Speaker 1: Would well?
Speaker 7: How about well, how about this? Since brother Anthony is so good with technology, we can do a zoom call. I mean, send me the invitation and we can work something up. Hey, I don't mind taking a day off one work. I'll say, hey, Bob, I'm sorry, I'm feeling sick. You know, I'm thinking today face time with my my mister Jerve. You'll be mister his family all again.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 7: I don't care about Shannon. I really don't care.
Speaker 1: We're going to do that. We want you to go to.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about it. They're gonna pay me anyway. I'll milk them a story about it.
Speaker 1: George, you know what Red Fox would say? That sounds like a drug.
Speaker 7: Probably I am a drugs dealer. Probably, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, George, George get that sounds like a drug dealer, and he says you have to go to That sounds.
Speaker 4: Like, George, we.
Speaker 8: Don't and you can.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it. But let's not get everything distracted, Okay, let me. Let me ask you a question. So what are you doing for regular callers so we could get paid? I mean, I know we talked about this two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: You can do you can do absolutely anything, not absolutely.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: Let me let me tell you something, let me know something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Do this.
Speaker 1: Pay you when you get fine to pay you, I swear i'll pay you.
Speaker 7: Can say something to you? Can I can I say something to you p SDN. It's horrible and they're not paying the callers, and the callers are so stupid and distract said because they bring into every garbage espn C. You think mister is gonna pay, No, it's not he. I should listen to the segment when I battled with it. He trusts the starter. He trusts the starter his way. I said, no, no, no answer my question. When I keep pressing him, guess what he does. He ends my call because he knows. He doesn't want to make He doesn't want to mess with me. But that's his problem because he told me, you gotta work on your game. Boy, give me a big mistake. But it works for me. So mister, but hey, let me tell you, I'm gonna do something. If I could get your boss's phone number. Trust me, Wigan and have something. But he gotta do something for you and as well. So I'm not gonna waste too much of your I'm not gonna waste too much of your time. I promised what I'm gonna say, but I'll you to let me. Let me hang up by saying this. Mister her Blendon and mister Ron, please join the fight with me if you want to get paid, because we can work together. And trust me, it's AC doesn't get it done, then it's my fault and I would make sure this job gets done. We deserve to get paid as a caller. Thank you so much for taking my brother. Rick don't got paid, Billy don't get paid.
Speaker 1: Holla. Bye see halla E Sports Radio, George, we got to go to break. Jesus, Anthony, we talk left to the break. Welcome back to the Sports Radio Anthony and George. Hopefully coach Casey'll be calling in in about two minutes, so we've got a very very short segment. The only thing I've got to say is, George, your opinion on the NBA playoffs. You haven't been on with us. What do you think? Two to one Indiana?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's been a very exciting playoff game. I've loved it all the way through. And one of the things I said, I said, I thought that the point guards would decide the series, but I didn't realize that DOWNA was bringing a point guard off the bench, it might be a more detrimental than anybody that we saw. And so I've been enjoying it. Yeah, I really have. I thought it's been one of the better series that we've seen in a long time. And I really like the ball movement. I like the pace of the game. I like the shooting. I like how they being diverse in taking jump shots and driving and dunking it. I mean, it's just really made it an exciting game. And the defense being played. I I have really enjoyed it. You, I ain't gonna tell a lite.
Speaker 1: Agree Answery, What do you think Game four tonight?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a tough one, obvious. All can say is for the Pacers, this is their opportunity to take advantage of that home court while they have it to go up three to one in the series going on the road back to OKCE.
Speaker 8: In Game five.
Speaker 3: If they win Game four to nights take a little pressure off the shoulders. If they go back to OKAC and it's a tie to two series, I think I think Indiana still has the advantage night being at home, came off that big momentum win, and I think they've got a defensive scheme that they have figured out Okay see a little bit better than OKCE has figured out Indiana. They didn't do the best job in SGA last night, but I give them credit for one thing. They did wear him down to where he was dead with about eight and a half minutes to go in.
Speaker 2: The fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: He scored and still got to his spots, but defensively he was such a non factor because he was tired. He had to work and overdribble for every shot he got to. They wore him down in the shot clock. They put multiple defenders in different bodies and sizes on him to kind of make it difficult and give him different looks than just going against the same defender all game, which I do like from the coaching of Rick Carlisle. That's a big differential right now, and I hate to say it, chet Holmgrim has got to be one of the worst players.
Speaker 4: In the NBA Finals right now.
Speaker 3: I've seen in a while for him to.
Speaker 1: Be one of their main guys.
Speaker 3: He is so bad that he's putting in situations where it's hard to with him in the games. And they can't play Hartenstein as much because Hartenstein is not a scoring threat at all, So they're playing out there with only with pretty much no big Myles Turner will still go out there and get rebounds, will put Thomas Brian in sometimes of stressed before. They have a couple of different options that the Pacers like to look for the big man in different styles of offense that they want to run. But right now, Hartenstein I still think is their best reading founder, their best passer.
Speaker 1: Great, we've got to get to break. We got Coach Casey on the line. Guys, We're gonna go to break when we come back. We come back with the one and only Dwayne Casey, Union County, University of Kentucky graduate and one of the best head coaches in the NBA the last twenty years. We'll talk y'all after the break. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio at seven forty five. We have the one and only Dwayne Casey. He's one of the only true people that I've spoke to that I know. Twenty eighteen NBA Coach of the Year, Dwayne, Welcome to the Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: How are you thank you, Jave. Great to be here and doing well and join these finals.
Speaker 4: Great to have you back.
Speaker 1: Oh, without a doubt, great to have you back. Of course I told everyone at the beginning of the show in yesterday that you worked with frontoffs of the Pistons, been the head coach of three NBA franchises, been Coach of the Year in twenty eighteen, in great accolades. Your opinion about this year's NBA and start with Tom Timbodeau. What are you think is going on with the league?
Speaker 2: Well, it's one of those things where it was unfortunately a profession Jerry that you know, you it's one of the hazards of our profession. You know you they say that when you signed the contract, the only thing you didn't put on there is the end date. You know.
Speaker 4: It's very hue uh.
Speaker 2: You know Pops out there that's going to be with one franchise. He and x Boster has had a lot of a long, long longevity in their situation. But you know, again, kids did a great job. Felt like in New York, I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes that came about that we don't know about. But I've known Tibbs for a long time, coach against him and all of his stops. He's you know in Chicago, Minnesota, and now in New York. Uh so, and he's done a good job everywhere he's been. He took his team to the conference finals, uh and one shot away from you know, making a different series. So uh, it's very for our profession, you know, being a coach and our profession for a long time. It's unfortunate for our profession for a guy like Tis who's done a great job. Uh he they beat us in the first round and an exciting series.
Speaker 1: Hartl School ay right.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things. This experience for our team this year is hard to find. I mean, you can't put a price on the experience that that we had Jerry. As far as for Kate Cunningham to get those you know, six games in the playoffs, that's really going to pay dividends for our entire team down the road. Because you can talk about the playoffs, you can prepare for it, you can watch video, but until you out there on the court in that atmosphere, as you know, Jerry being a former player. Uh, it's one of those things that it's a different feel, a different atmosphere. And then this year I've really felt like the officials call the playoffs a lot more. Uh, we're more liberal with letting guys play, Uh, you know, letting letting it be more physical, bumping, grinding. So that aspect of it also what was a different difference for every team in the league, and that gave us, you know a lot of experience watching our guys doing the individual workouts.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Uh, they have a different pep in their step right now after going through what they did in the playoff. So and then New York went on to beat Boston, you know, went on to move up, and then they ran into a tough, tough Indiana team. So one of those things that's unfortunate. But that's the great thing about our league. You know, teams like Indiana come along and have a great, great season.
Speaker 1: No they have. You're talking about the Pacers and the playoffs, and of course your Pistons did have a tremendous year forty four and thirty eight. It looked like they were going to defeat the Knicks. There were a few tough calls that you did not speak about, but great learning experience. Great learning experience for your players. And I'm really looking forward to watching the Detroit Pistons next year. Let's move into the playoffs. We have now got the Indiana Pacers, which the college temple, a full court press, picking you up, working you ninety four feet, wearing down, using the bench. Have you seen a team use their bench this much? This steep into the NBA playoffs as the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Jerry's the fortunate thing. I worked for Rick as an assistant coach for three years. Won the championship in twenty eleven, so I witnessed it first hand how he utilies it. And Rick has a sixth sense, you know. And I hate to go back in time. In twenty eleven, we had JJ Burrea who helped us win a series. He helped us beat the Lakers. Paigestarkivich didn't play for US, so the last thirty games of the season came in coach Jackson. Phil Jackson played zone against US in two thousand and eleven when he was with the Lakers. Paige Stwakovich came in and won a game versus their zone. So and he was like the you know, eleventh of twelfth man on our bench. So Rick has a sixth sense and it's the same thing he's doing in Indiana now of plucking a guy off the bench at the right time, in the right situation. Who really, you said, why is he putting them in the game. And then this young man comes up and really has an impact on winning. I thought Obi Topping the other night had an impact on winning. TJ won the first half for him the other night, and he came in with three freight from the field and four for four you know from the free throw line, and did a great job, had two big steals of snapping back on the bounce plate the bounce, so his hustle plays made an impact. Young man Ben Johnson uh came I'm sorry. Ben Shephard came in and did a great job off the defensively, like you said, picking picking up full court. And I really thought they wore Sga down by picking him up full court. But again it's the right personnel. And then we haven't spoken about Ben Benedict Mathern. Ben Matherns, Oh yeah, so every every button he pushed coming off the bench really came in and did a great job for them, and but Rick is he has a history of doing that, and he did that with Dallas when we won the championship in twenty eleven, and he's doing that in front of my eyes right now against a great, great, OKAYC team.
Speaker 1: My son's got a question, Anthony, He's on with me. He's got a question for you, Anthony as coach, k hey you more?
Speaker 3: How you doing, missus Casey?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Anthony?
Speaker 3: I'm doing fantastic.
Speaker 8: So one of the questions is I kind of had in my mind, even back in your coaching era, in a situation like this, He've kind of seen how the Pacers matchup and guard SGA. If you were game playing for SGA, how would you try to guard and contain him.
Speaker 3: In the finals.
Speaker 2: That is a great question. One. I think he's a young man that you can't give different looks to. You know, I've watched him I was coaching in Toronto, watched him grow up as a young kid. He's a smart basketball player, high IQ. So if you give him the same look every time, and that's what what Indiana's doing a great job of right now, You've got to give him different body sizes. You have to put a nim hard on him. You have to put a shepherd on him, you have to put a bigger body on him on you know, as far as coming down the floor. And then once he gets in that half court area, you know he you know, he's going to use his shoulder to bump you off, and you got to get a rhythm for that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then too, another thing I think is very effective and with now, if you notice every time he goes to that left side and turns his back, Indiana's running a second defender to him to double team him. And that's something that that that throws him off. Because really, Anthony, that's the basically the only thing you can do to slow him down. You're not going to stop a young man as Sga. My philosophy would be, you know, let's make him work for every point he gets. I thought he wore down as the game went on. He started walking around. I think I thought Indiana had a couple of hustle plays because he was walking back into to play. Indiana gets the offensive rebound. So that's one thing you hope to do against a great player at like SGA. He had twenty or twenty four points or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: And the script player you're Marke dan All and you're coaching SGA and all right, all right, Dwayne, I was losing you. Okay, can you hear me everyone here? Okay, great, yeah, I hear you now. Yes, I want to flip the script. You are the head coach of OKAC. Mark Danat has the young man bringing them on ninety four feet under pressure, planning forty plus minutes a game, asking him to beat people seventy feet and score it. What would you do to be more Michael Jordan more Kobe Bryant like Phil Jackson did, receiving the ball in the elbow on the big box at the top of the key with a live dribble. What would you do to get the ball out of his hands, to let him receive it where he could be the assassin that is, and not the workhorse that they've made.
Speaker 2: Well again, that's the hard thing about the the playoffs, Jerry, is you know that got them how many games? If they won sixty eight games? I know they're in a word out situation. You have to find ways to get him rest. You have longer timeouts, you have you know, ABC timeouts or very very long at this time of year in the playoffs, so you have to depend on that. And then too you have to find another initial ball handler you got and that's where they've struggled, and that's I would say, if they had one weakness in their roster, they don't have another true, true backup point guard. Now you can tread water with a guy like Jalen Williams can bring it up, Cason Wallace can bring it up, and tread Water Isaiah Joe alex Caruso can bring it up. But for the most part, Shay Alexander and there's the main initiator on the offense. But somehow, some way, you've got to help help someone else to bring it up. Let him run down to the corner of rest and then flash to the elbow, as you said, a flash up on the weak side to get it because they are draped all over that young man. And like you said, it's a fifteen round bout and by the twelve thirteen, fourteenth round he is dragging I don't care who you are, and doing as much work exactly as high as usage rate that he as he has. They struggle, so they've got to find a secondary ball handle to bring it up and give him a rest to make him more effective, especially in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Dwayne, I appreciate you like always, Thank you for calling in the Esports Radio. We'll talk next week and make sure you're watching the US Open because I am Dwayne love you. Take care Esports Radio. We're out, have a great weekend. Talk to you on Monday. God willing, Bye bye