Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account comes from an individual that had a harrowing experience and a GEO tracker on an Oregon logging road to stay tuned to see what happened when they looked over and saw something right beside them in the woods. Stay with us, all right, Big for Society. We've got the privilege of talking to Darren today. Darren's an individual I got connected to in the YouTube comments over on the YouTube channel. He shared about an interesting experience that happened to him out there in Oregon. Asked him to reach out to me and here we are. So welcome to the show, Darren. How's it going today, sir?
Speaker 2: We're going pretty good.
Speaker 1: Good to hear, good to hear. We were just talking about it. Sounds like it's pretty nice out there weatherwise. We are burning up here in Iowa due to the corn. Maybe some people get that, maybe they don't, but.
Speaker 2: I think I think we're in fall. I think we're in perpetual, perpetual spring here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, hopefully. It looks like they're starting to get that Cram fire under control. That's pretty wild stuff for you. Guys out there in east of the Cascades. But Darren, I'm going to say, feel free to take us back to when this experience happened to you, and you're welcome to walk us through it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was several years ago, actually back in.
Speaker 3: I remember things events like they happened yesterday, So I forget years. I believe it was either ninety nine or two thousand area. And some friends of mine we were going up in the hills outside of the scap Who's Saint Helen's area here in Oregon up offer Vernonia Highway, and it's a popular area we used to go to up there.
Speaker 2: It's called Bunker Hill.
Speaker 3: And anybody knows this area around here, they'll know what I'm talking about. And I was riding with a friend of mine and his it was like an eighty eight Judeo tracker, those little things just we'll never get stuck.
Speaker 2: And we're behind a friend of mine, another.
Speaker 3: Couple of friends of mine there and his UH was dry his Toyota pickup at the time, and they got a little bit ahead of us where we got up into the gravel roads.
Speaker 2: Uh it's up off a road called cater.
Speaker 3: And UH it's it's heavily wooded, but there's areas where there's clear cut and stuff duotes.
Speaker 2: It's logging area up there.
Speaker 3: It's gets harvested off and on appropriately.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 3: I was looking to my right and just inside the woodline. All of a sudden, I know this. There's something walking two legged, extremely large, tall, probably in the eight to nine foot tall area, I would say, And it was furry, and at first I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Is there a bear back there or something?
Speaker 3: But it's still walking and keeping pace with us. We're just going pretty slow. I mean a little bit, a little bit faster than a normal human would walk, but not much. And I'm watching it, and I'm watching it, and all of a sudden, I'm like, is that what I think it is? And I'm looking at it harder and I could see muscle like flexing. It was close enough. I could see the muscles flexing in the legs, the thighs and the calf area. So that told me right away that it wasn't somebody goofing around in the suit. And about that time I thought about it, I'm like, wait a minute, this is the driver's see when I'm seeing And I slowly looked to my left at my friend who is driving, and he's looking the same direction I'm looking with his mouth wide open, and we both did that, are you.
Speaker 2: Seeing what I'm seeing?
Speaker 3: Type a little small conversation real quick, and we both agreed, yes, and we're watching this, and he didn't stop. We just kept going to see what would happen, because we knew that there was a line eventually we would hit that there was clear cut up there, so we're going to see if it would come out in the open. And sure enough, just as we get basically the creature, the big foot, it was about probably about ten fifteen feet away from where it would hit the clear cut and be out in the open, it turned to its right and veered off and just melted away into the woods.
Speaker 2: And that's when we stopped and we just sat there.
Speaker 3: We must have sat in that one spot for about good five to ten minutes, just looking at each other and doing the what the heck did? We just you know, speechless at some point, and we just sat there for a while, and then eventually we collected ourselves and agreed that we saw what we saw.
Speaker 2: We know what we saw.
Speaker 3: It was definitely a big foot, and so we just kept going and caught up with our friends and we said something to them about it, and they laughed at us, of course, because they didn't see it. They were probably half mile ahead of us. But uh, anyway, that's about it's about, not just the whole thing, not very big, not very long, but still big.
Speaker 1: It's just to me, it's huge. It's such a fascinating account and an interesting time period too. So I'm just gonna ask questions based on what I heard. So it sounds like that your viewpoint of it was kind of the side profile as it's walking alongside with the vehicle. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have just been basically walking alongside of us, except about oh, what would I say, about fifty yards twenty five yards of it would be open ground, and then about twenty five more yards would be in the thick of the woods that he was in walking in.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, how long would you say total you were able to have this visual.
Speaker 2: Actually seeing it?
Speaker 3: It probably went on for about four or five minutes.
Speaker 1: Maybe four or five minutes. That's incredible, but.
Speaker 2: It was it was a good amount of time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was enough time that you know, we did that exchange of are you seeing what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: We're still moving. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: I can see, you know, details that are you know, because I'm going through remindable the details of what would tell me that it's not what I think it is. And I had enough time to verify in my mind that it was what I thought it was, telling me a bigfoot?
Speaker 1: What would you say that, you know, looking back on it, the main thing that you experienced that day? What was it that you're like one hundred percent? What I saw was bigfoot and not just you know, a hermit out in the woods or something like that.
Speaker 3: The heights, the thickness and being able to those, and I could see the fur, the color of it, and like I said, I could see muscle flexing when if it was something or someone in a suitor or wearing a thick jacket or whatever, he wouldn't see muscle, you know, like it would see if he saw if you were watching a bear in the zoo or something like that playing around, and I can see their muscle. Question, I could see that because it was it was close enough and right and well it was early morning, but it was daylight, so I had at plenty at night.
Speaker 1: What was the if you're looking back on in your mind right now? What was the gate like or how did how did it move?
Speaker 2: When it was long?
Speaker 3: Very long gate, very wide stride Like I said, we were going, we were going going slow, just keep it along. And we're on a gravel road, so we weren't in a big hurry. And like I said, we were going, we were it almost like we were idling along.
Speaker 2: But it made me hair faster. And but it was faster than a human would be walking.
Speaker 3: The human wouldn't walk that fast, but that gate that he was walking just kept them moving along pretty fast. Or two legged creature or thing or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely did you have any idea of how how long the gate was? You know, between I guess if you were able to go back and see footprints, how long between there would.
Speaker 4: Be hmm, I'm thinking, uh three foot strides gotcha from two toe to the I canna heal?
Speaker 2: I think that was where you put it. I'm not good.
Speaker 3: At figuring out distances like that, but yeah, it'd be about three three to four foot gate, I mean real, real long, longer than.
Speaker 2: A human when it was.
Speaker 1: I think how to ask this for a minute? Was there anything that you remembered about how it was putting its feet down as it walked, just.
Speaker 3: A solid foot plant. H had purpose, it had but uh, it was very sure about itself.
Speaker 2: It knew what it was doing, new where it was going. It wasn't hesitating or.
Speaker 3: You know, it'd step over small logs and limbs and stuff like that. But yeah, it belonged to where he was walking, and he knew where he was and he he just what.
Speaker 2: You're getting and he was doing what he was doing. I was surprised. I never looked at us. That's what I was waiting for. But he just kept just kept cooking the light along.
Speaker 3: But he was it was enough that he knew that he didn't want to come out in the open.
Speaker 2: That clear cut.
Speaker 1: Absolutely based on what you saw of the way that it was walking forward. If you were able to go back and look at the orientation of the tracks, how do you think those tracks would look like?
Speaker 2: Hard?
Speaker 3: Hard to say, even if I was to go back and track him and look at the prints that they're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean sometimes you know, you look at let's say, you look at some tracks and the feet are, you know, next to each other. Sometimes they're in a straight line.
Speaker 3: It'd be a straight, straight line and you know like a human would walk, you know, straight line and side by side at some.
Speaker 2: One point in your in your gate and your stride.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, did you notice anything about the length of the arms or the hands as you were watching it?
Speaker 3: Arms are longer, longer than a human's long hands went down about just just below what would be the knee, and really swung those arms too. Definitely use them for balance or local motion, stride and everything. Because those arms were swinging. There wasn't a they weren't They weren't loose like something in a suit or whatever, or something that was too big on them, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you mentioned a few times that you that was furry. Did you notice any details about how h if it was long fur or uh, the color of the fur anything.
Speaker 3: I thought it kept going through patches of where the light was hitting it, and it was it was backlit because the sun had just come up and I would have been looking at an easterly direction, so.
Speaker 2: It was brighter on the other side of it.
Speaker 3: Well, one did get into areas where the sun would come on it, so I could see the fur.
Speaker 2: It looked like it was brown.
Speaker 3: Really dark brown, dark dark almost black, and uh, very long.
Speaker 2: Like like the fur hair that would be on like an elk.
Speaker 3: Or maybe like a dog dog type for a bigger dog, not a short haired dog, a bigger dog like a.
Speaker 2: Husky type for.
Speaker 1: Okay, so sounds like potentially a few inches long or what would you.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, yeah, about.
Speaker 1: As it was walking, did it have what would you say? The posture of it was as it was walking alongside the geotracker.
Speaker 3: Sort of leans forward but louched over a little bit, but all forward lean motion, you know, leaning forward a little bit more than a human would walk, but not much more. It was it was like I said, it was definitely had it had purpose.
Speaker 2: It was it was going somewhere something to do.
Speaker 1: Did it have to did it have to take like let's say it's walking and there's a tree or sapling in front of it, did it have to like get stuff out of its way? Or is it just bulldozing through stuff?
Speaker 2: I think there was.
Speaker 3: He must have been like a game trail or a big foot trail or whatever, because it wasn't It wasn't tripping or anything, and he wasn't having to really go over much.
Speaker 2: Foliage or.
Speaker 3: Step over many logs and everything that it would have to step over. It was just a basic raise its foot higher than normal walk. There was never any big logs or anything I had to hop over or hesitate to go over. So I'm assuming we should have stopped the one over there and looked at the see if there was a game trail, because it was pretty smooth, I mean like it was on a trail or almost you know, flat. If it did come across a limb or something, it would just sort of brush it to one side with its hand.
Speaker 1: Absolutely having that side view, did you were you able to see any features of the face or maybe any any contours of the face. I guess you wouldn't have a dead on look, but you would potentially be able to see a side view.
Speaker 3: Maybe by memory, but you know, it could have been added in later on through the years, but it was the average what you would the pictures or images. We have a bigfoot, the burry, the thick fur all the way up to about ciber An area, and then it thinned out and there was an area that was a rough skin looking brinkly, hard looking.
Speaker 2: Well skin.
Speaker 3: It wasn't completely the face wasn't completely covered in fur, but almost.
Speaker 1: Do you remember if there was a color to the skin that you saw.
Speaker 3: It was like a canned darker than a human would be canned. Probably about if it was a do you think about race, different racist colors, it would be not the same Native American dark, a little darker than Hispanic, but not African American looking, not super dark.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, No, it definitely makes sense. Yeah, that's that's a very very good way to put it. Anything like anything to do with the nose or the eyes or the mouth at all.
Speaker 3: I could see there was a nose, but barely, you know, it was far enough away that I really couldn't see that much of a detail, but I could see that in the shape of the face there was a nose, and there was lips, not a mustache or anything like that. But no, I just it just had a face sort of the cross between a human and a monkey, okay, like a chimpanzee.
Speaker 1: Were there parts of it that that made you think more of monkey type features?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I definitely knew it wasn't a human face I was seeing.
Speaker 2: It was definitely some kind of eight or.
Speaker 3: Oh whatever you would call it. It's hard to describe not quite human but not quite eight sort of something between.
Speaker 1: Having that side view for a few minutes, it would be interesting to know this. Did you notice if it had any an ear at all or anything that could be like an opening for an ear.
Speaker 3: No, I think that would have that's pretty much well covered by furka, and it wasn't close enough for me to see it that much that close detail.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, did you get any feeling as to if it was a male or a female at all?
Speaker 2: Definitely, I think it was a male.
Speaker 3: Was big, it was dick, very muscular, very muscular, and it definitely walked and carried itself like a male would carry themselves. You know, you know how you can tell the difference between a male of any species if it's if it's walking or galloping or trotting, just by their gate and there the way they carry themselves.
Speaker 1: Sure is thinking about I'm sure you've you've looked at a few representations of bigfoot over the years. Is there anything in the community that comes close to what you saw that day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do, definitely. When I see pictures and depictions of them, I critique them more because of what I saw, And I can always say that's like, oh, that's fake I can pick a fake out really really quick, and the only one that ever come close to it is have you ever seen the video and our pictures of that face that's like looking straight at the camera and you almost don't see it until.
Speaker 2: It moves its eyes.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the name of the guy that supposedly took these videos and pictures.
Speaker 1: Is he from Canada?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's somewhere up here. Is you either watching it or Canada? The guys from is it?
Speaker 1: Is it Toddstanding?
Speaker 2: That sounds familiar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you are describing one of his more famous videos. If someone has another one, put it in the comments. I might be thinking of something I shouldn't be, but just throw it in the comments. If you have any other ideas of what he could be talking about.
Speaker 2: Uh, name sounds very familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that that is extremely interesting. Also another way to ask that question is are there things that we usually, you know, the community will put in drawings or et cetera. A bigfoot and you're like, I've seen it. You guys are getting it wrong.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say exactly, but there's.
Speaker 2: Just so many small details. Though.
Speaker 3: Like I said, if I see one you know, one that's supposed to be walking away or walking I can tell you which ones are fake and which ones aren't. And there's very few, very very very very few ones that.
Speaker 2: I would tell you that are real.
Speaker 3: I mean almost almost everyone to see is I just go that's not real.
Speaker 2: That's not really.
Speaker 3: And my friend that was with me, when we're together and we watch things and see things on TVs or movies or whatever, we both do it at the same time. Oh, that's sake as heck, we can pick them out pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was actually gonna ask you that is, are there conversations that still happen with you and this friend where you talk about what you saw that day?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, to this day.
Speaker 3: We just we'll be doing things and stuff and something they it would just come up and it'll just say, yeah, we saw bigfoot, remember that? Oh yeah, Well, just start talking about it like it just happened, and I just reassure each other that we we did see what we saw and that we're not crazy.
Speaker 1: Immediately after you had that sighting, were you affected emotionally in any way where the next two days hard in any way or how what was the emotional journey like that after you had that sight.
Speaker 3: Actually, as it's like a version of relief, going yeah, they're real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it. I knew it. I knew it because I always believed.
Speaker 3: And at the time, my mom was still with us, and I was staying with her at the time, and she always wanted to see an alien and believed in midfoot, and I always wanted to see one. And when I got home, I told her all about it, and she was just a static and I just reassure, yeah, they are real, because mean, both me and Ernie seen it. Yeah, it's emotionally, it's like.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it's like almost relief. It's like, yeah, yep, for sure.
Speaker 1: Wow that that is. That's that's a really interesting observation for sure. How has it affected the rest of your life knowing that you've actually seen one. Is it something where you've really got into bigfoot after that or kind of like you know it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, it gave me a familiarity with a big It almost gives me a.
Speaker 2: A feeling of kinship with it now.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was a gift that it gave me to let me see it, And uh, yeah, it's just I call him, I call him the big guy now or you know, names like that, because I'm I'm sort of familiar with it, almost like I know it now instead of just talking about that thing that everybody thinks might be real.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, would you ever want to have another sighting of what you saw that day? Or was that one time enough for you?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I'd love to see.
Speaker 3: There's been times that I've gone back in the same area and then I do a bit of camping with my oldest son and his family up in the mounta Hoot area, and we're always on the lookout for some.
Speaker 2: Hasn't happened yet, but I wish it would, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you are, you're ready just in case it does. And what, Darren, what what a fascinating account. As you said, just a few minutes. But the things you were able to see in those few minutes is just so cool that you're able to share to share those on the show today, and just I want to say thank you so much for coming on to chat for a little bit, and I want to make sure that you were able to share everything that you would wanted to share today, Darren, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about it. One thing I think I'd ever want to witness or see or hear in the Bigfoot is to hear some vocalation from some I do want to hear that because those one tapes that they have, the Sierra Nevada tapes, those guys that are up in that camp and they're supposed to right outside the thing they had built.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's all.
Speaker 3: That vocalization sounds real to me because it almost sounds like they're talking almost like a Native American dialect.
Speaker 2: And I've never anybody say that about it, and I keep every time I hear that recording, I hear.
Speaker 3: Some kind of you know, native language that's close to Native American. It's like, That's what I'd like to hear, is that. I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I think if you keep camping out in the mount Hood area, who knows, you might have a good chance one day. But Darren, I would say, you know, keep in touch if anything does happen in the future. I'd love to hear about it. But thank you so much for coming on the show today. It's been a pleasure to uh to talk to you about this.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, thank you for calling and paying attention to it to you know a lot of people like, look at me, funnier do that right when I tell people about it? So it's glad. It makes me happy if somebody's listening to me and believe in me and what have you.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for listening to this episode of the Big for Society podcast. Darren's story sticks with us not because anything charged the truck, but because of what didn't happen. A massive figure chose the cover of timber over a clear open shot. In that decision, I left two guys with a lifetime of questions. Huge thanks to Darren for living that morning near the Saint Hell Timberlands and for trusting us with a sighting that still reshapes how he sees the woods and the big guy who lives there. If you enjoyed this conversation, please subscribe to the channel on YouTube, Ring the Bell so you don't miss any new episodes and share this one with a friend who's into sasquatch, the Pacific Northwest, or just a good mystery out in the trees. And if you're on Apple Podcasts, or Spotify. Please follow the show there a quick rating or five star positive review helps more folks find us. Have you had your own encounter, especially anywhere in Oregon would love to hear about it. Please email me directly at Big for Society at gmail dot com. And thanks again for being part of the Big for Society. Until next time, keep your eyes on the tree line, trust what you see, and never stop asking what else might be out there? And see you in the woods.