Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app Stories. We are falling for you today. New York Police and releasing more surveillance photos of the suspect or, in my opinion, suspects potentially reiks Yeah, accused of shooting and killing United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson outside a hotel yesterday. The three pictures just to me look like three different guys, same clothes, three different guys. Images are much clearer than previous grainy photos and video. Mayor Eric Adams says investigators are moving at a good pace. He does expect an arrests that they're zeroing in. They've been reportedly trying to get a search warrant for a place in New York City. They believe the suspect may have been staying a hostel. I believe.
Speaker 2: Don't look now, but we are marking the six month mark for two NASA astronauts who were only supposed to be in space for about six days.
Speaker 1: Again, man that underwear.
Speaker 2: Butch Wilmore, they can do laundry. They can do laundry up there.
Speaker 1: I think you just gotta not wear underwear.
Speaker 2: This that's also a probably my recommendation on.
Speaker 1: Vacation that one time, and forgot to bring him. Yeah, and you just said script I had, I had one. I had to make it last. But I also could do laundry. You also weren't staying in the desert there. There is probably a k Mart or something on Mars.
Speaker 2: Butch Wilmore and Sony Williams have two more months to go before their mission comes to a close. Of course, they lifted off June fifth first to ride on Boeing's Starliner capsule, and it was supposed to be a week long test flight and then it turned into a six month Everything's fine, Everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hannah Kobiyashi knew wrinkle. This was the woman voluntarily missing, according to the LAPD from Hawaii's family has said no, she's not safe. She has been seen on surveillance video appearing to be safe moving about on her own accord. Now there are sources that have talked to the La magazine that say that she may have been caught up in a scam marriage, some sort of grain card scam marriage that an Argentinian national may have scammed her. She arrived from Maui in early November. Don't give it away. We're gonna do this. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Next segment too, Oh more more next, A quick correction, it's not Calcy Fullerton. It's Fullerton College, right, that's doing the bachelor's degree in Drone.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that there was a Fullerton College. Well now you know. Now I know that's a lot of college there in Fullerton. Of a thank you, Paul.
Speaker 2: An awful story that came out of the Oraville area from early yesterday, very very small Christian school north of Sacramento, just a long highway seventy if you know where that goes between Oraville and say Marysville. Butte County Sheriff Corey Honea said in a news conference yesterday that a gunman went on to the campus of this very very small school and shot and gravely wounded a five and six year old kindergarteners.
Speaker 3: That officer immediately went on the campus there, he was directed to an area of the campus by staff and students and located an adult male. That subject was deceased and appears to have been appears to have a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Speaker 2: That was the first one they found that was a CHP officer that was originally dispatched.
Speaker 3: The deputies who were on scene as well as the HP officers. Officers who were on scene began to do two things simultaneously. One was to render medical aid to two students who had sustained gunshot wounds and began to search the campus and classrooms to ensure that there were no other individuals to posed a threat to the students or the faculty.
Speaker 2: Again, the five and six year olds are being cared for a hospital and they said that the condition is extremely critical.
Speaker 1: So the suspect had gone to a meeting with an administrator on campus that morning to allegedly explore the possibility of enrolling a family member. Is that like a casing of the school. Did this person have no relation to these kids? It doesn't appear that any relation to the kids. How old is this person?
Speaker 2: They said that the suspect they had received information that led them to believe that the suspect was targeting the school in general because of its affiliation with the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Again, it's the Feather River Adventist School in just south of Oreville. There's thirty kids. Thirty five kids enrolled. I mean, it's the size of a house. It's not the size of an elementary school campus that you would think of. The one of the students' fathers, the sixth grader's father, said that he was concerned about the safety of his kids and just assumed that at a private school, it's the safest place a parent could send their child. Law enforcement agencies around the state said you should every kind of school should be vigilant and tried to ensure that schools associated with the church would be safe.
Speaker 1: What's the deal with the Seventh day Adventists being threatened? I have never heard of that. I mean I just pulled it up to wonder if this is a thing. And there's been three stories this year about Seventh Day Adventist church Seventh Day Adventists churches being threatened. Man threatened to shoot multiple people at one in Portland in September. Back in July, there were threatening phone calls there in College Dale. I don't know where College Dale is, but anyway, there's been three different ones this year. I wonder what the deal is. I don't know what the Seventh day Adventist religion's all about, but just in particular that they would be threatened. There is a college dale in Tennessee. Okay, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: And geographically that wouldn't make sense if it was one guy who had one thing now to go across the country like that.
Speaker 1: But so we'll see that.
Speaker 2: If we get more information out of the officials up there in northern California, we'll let you know about it. My wife goes back to this story every once in a while where there was a guy who had a tumor on his brain, he didn't realize it and he turned into a dog raving sex addict.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, I called boloney, Yes, I called yes. I think that this was a guy who got caught being a philanderer and uh and claimed it was a tumor that made him do it. Well, there was an actual tumor. How do you know that? Have you seen the medical records? Okay, well, detective no, But.
Speaker 2: Isn't it This became an issue where we always we kind of joked about, I hope you don't get a brain tumor and become a sex addict like that.
Speaker 1: That's what you guys joke about it. That's our fun that's fun times. It's fun times for us.
Speaker 2: But there's a woman who claims we've actually played the audio for you earlier in the week, the woman who was on the Boss at la Ax, who was yelling at this Indian American family talking about the smell of curry and they're over, they're pushy, and they're Indian and fu and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And she says it's a brain injury. Brain injury. Right, I would say that too if I was caught on film being a complete ass. Does that wipe away what happened? No? I mean I've seen people with brain I need to see what the brain injury was. I need to see paperwork, I need to see the math.
Speaker 2: So if this was you and you got caught at Lax yelling ridiculously offensive things in people, do you want.
Speaker 1: Some more curry? Ch tika masala? You want some non? I want all those things? Yeah, that sounds so good, But I might make that to me when.
Speaker 2: You come out and actually show your medical records that said.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think. I don't think people care about this woman anymore. Haven't we moved on? Which is also a weird thing, right, Why are we fixated on her. She's a nass she's an astronaut, she's an idiot, she's an ass man.
Speaker 2: The deeper you get into this story out of the out of New York with the CEO was shot and killed, there are great I shouldn't say great, that's not the right word. There are addictive threads on social media of people going frame by frame and the videos that who exist and to your point pointing out they're not the same guy.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's their DEFINITEI if it's not the NYPD saying that, it's a guy on Twitter saying that, or a gall on Twitter.
Speaker 1: But it's still that.
Speaker 2: There's something about this case that is so appealing. It's sticky right now where it Could it be a professional hit Yeah, it could be. Could it be a guy who's upset that his kid was denied medical coverage and passed away?
Speaker 1: Yes, it could be. Could it be a weird combination of the two. Yeah? Maybe? Could it be the wife that hired a hit man? And this is one of those organized crime rings where there's three guys, they all look relatively alike, They hold up in a hostel in New York City, they plan their meticulous crime they change locations, they're wearing the same clothes, They're interchangeable to a degree when they're wearing a face mask. It's like the car chase in the Italian Job. There is the money aspect of this guy cashing out his stocks when he learned that his company being investigated to the tune of fifteen million dollars, the fact that he and the wife are separated, all of it. It's weird. It's got a lot.
Speaker 2: Speaking of weird cases, this twist in the case of Hanna Kobayashi.
Speaker 1: I am gonna call Boloney on this as well. This was a family that sang from the rooftop said their thirty year old relative was missing. She took a flight from Maui to la She was supposed to go to New York. That was supposed to be her destination. She never made that connecting flight. She willfully missed that flight. She willfully was seen on surveillance video hanging out at the grove at a Lebron event. She was in the Peico area. LAPD says she crossed into Mexico on her own her own volition. The family has not been happy with the level of engagement from the public. From the police, and they have gone to Laker games to protest to get it, to get attention. They have gone to Facebook to dedicate to this to raise attention. None of it's working. The laped came out and said no, no, she's voluntarily missing. We hope she reaches out to you, but we've done our investigation and we'll continue to see if we can find her. But at this point there's no reason to believe she is in danger. Now the family has come up with a news story. This is the family that has concocted this one. It's the mother who says, wait a minute, I found paperwork that Hannah was working with an immigration attorney and there's reason to believe she was in a scam green card marriage plot with an Argentinian national.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is weird, So sources told La mag she'd been apparently scammed out of the proceeds in this green card visa scheme. She and her partner, her then partner, landed in lax with plans to board their connecting flight with her legal husband and his partner also on board.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: The scam was uncovered by Kobeashi's mother, She says, who found the documents? That listed in an attorney for her daughter's marriage, which she has handed over to law enforcement. The statement from the family lawyer said the family didn't have the facts or the necessary documents to verify what they called this quote alleged marriage, said this is wanted. Many leads were actively investigating with the help of their attorney and the investigative team. They would like to confirm that they did turn over the information to law enforcement immediately once they got it. And again, she was seen crossing into Mexico apparently under her own volition with a passport with a bag, not with anybody controlling her or anything like that.
Speaker 1: And why did the father jump off the building and kill himself?
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't I mean, you keep saying this, and I was. I pushed back against it at first because it seemed it seemed callous in all honesty, yes, but the more I read about this and the more I s this is a family that has appears to have, sorry, some deep seated issues. And if this, if that's how do you if you're searching for your daughter, you take yourself out of the game.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense unless there's something that he has done to and he didn't want to get caught doing it. I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's all bizarre. World's a watch a place. I got another mystery. Yeah, where did the people from the car go? The car that went off the cliff in Malibu the other night? Where did those people go?
Speaker 1: Why? Time outdoors is something you should encourage the children.
Speaker 2: Why first of all, why do we have to do There's an entire news article about this and like this. Hey guys, sometimes drinking water is healthy for the human body.
Speaker 1: You go outside, you need sunlight, you need nature, You need to just go outside play. I'm super excited about your Jeopardy question today, So excited that you want to do it right now? Or yeah? Kind of okay, super excited, that's how excited you are. Yeah, the Old Testament for four hundred dollars. Wait a minute before we begin.
Speaker 2: Keana asked me if we discussed these Jeopardy questions before you ask them to me on the air. Oh my gosh, she thinks you're that dumb. I love it, Kiana, you can explain.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I was getting the jeopardy question ready and I was like, I don't know. Yeah, like sometimes I feel like you guys discuss the question and then you always get the answer right.
Speaker 1: Most of them are pretty dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, well it is off of a Jeopardy calendar.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's not Jeopardy level. It's like Jeopardy for dumb dumbs kind of.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm really impressed that you know the answer anyway, So which is why I was like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Wait, sure, Yeah, that's funny. He's he is often surprised he knows the answer, and I always say that, don't don't be surprised, don't second guess yourself. All right, Old Testament four dollars. This is the day which the Lord hath made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. That is from the one hundred and eighteenth of these sacred poems. Are you going to wait till the end?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I see you've written down the answer and you are correct. Sir, psalms, balms. The p is silent, Thank you, palms holms.
Speaker 2: All right, Curiously, authorities, you're looking for a couple of people who were in a car that fell off of a road. This white Cadillac Escalade crashed off of Deer Creek Road about two miles away from where the road meets PCH.
Speaker 1: Of day and a half after.
Speaker 2: The collision, somebody called and said, hey, my two friends were in the car and I can't find them. A search of the vehicle Monday Tuesday no results. Nobody's checked themselves into any area hospitals for injuries that would be consistent with a vehicle crash. CHP is also unable to locate either missing occupant at the address that was provided by the reporting party. Now again, this is weird. There's a guy in the passenger seat of Cadillac Escalade. This thing flies off the road at two in the morning Sunday morning. He's able to crawl out of the wreckage, crawled to a road, he gets picked up and taken home safely.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, he doesn't call to check on his other occupants. I don't know if their friends or not, till a couple of days later they dead somewhere. And he drove that car off the cliff. He was probably in the past or he was probably driving that car.
Speaker 2: He said he had been sitting in the front passenger seat, had some injuries to his right arm and abrasions from his seat belt, which, by the way, was, It would be consistent exactly, that's what they would look for.
Speaker 1: But which angle was the seat belt? But maybe we don't know if it's as We don't know if it's across his We don't know what kind of injuries we're talking about. It could have been just a bruce to his abdomence, sure, and that would have been consistent with being in the driver's seat or the passenger. Or what if he killed the driver with a gun? Yes, and the driver then flew off the cliff and he's able to get.
Speaker 2: Out, there would be some evidence of a gun shot to a melon in the vehicle that they would have found.
Speaker 1: That's true. Here's what's weird. Maybe I won't run out and get my detective badge just yet. Here's what's weird.
Speaker 2: Venture account, Well, as long as we go together and I can talk you off the ledge for some of your craziness, some of my crazy. Ventura County Fire says that they did help on that search on the ground for where this escalade went off a cliff and said in a statement that one of the passengers was located safe at home.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait wait.
Speaker 2: The CHP says that's not true, and the CHP is the lead investigative agency on this case. They said they've been unable to confirm either of the two missing occupants as safe as of yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Hm. Well, clearly there was something going on inside that escalade. You don't get into a Cadillac escalade unless you've ordered an Uber black or you're ready to commit some crimes.
Speaker 2: Can I throw another wrench into this please? The vehicle is registered in the state of Washington.
Speaker 1: You're damn right, it is Fario. So were you here? You drive down? Are you moving here? Is it? Is it a rental to car service?
Speaker 2: But even a Washington state registration on a car service vehicle, that doesn't seem unless they just bought it and they just had it shipped down or something like that. Basically, they said, preliminary evidence, it looks like the crash took place after the driver failed to turn at a bend in the road and didn't hit the guardrail, causing the car to roll multiple times down the mountain before it came to rest on its roof.
Speaker 1: I mean it's been two days too, so, I mean, I don't know. Maybe if this person was driving under the influence or something, they'd want to get away from the crash site.
Speaker 2: But and at two in the morning, you know, late Saturday night into Sunday morning. Who is the car registered to? That's a great question. You just need to ask the right questions. Who's that show? Somebody's Matt Luck. Nope, no, not Matt Luck. It was more recent than that. Jodie Foster. Oh, it was a true detective, a night Country.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it was. Where's the vampire thing? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, but she's up in Alaska And she kept saying, you're just not asking.
Speaker 1: The rat question. Did she say tay in a wee so?
Speaker 2: United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson, this is the guy that was shot and killed on the street of Manhattan early yesterday morning. He was one of several senior executives at United Healthcare under investigation by the DOJ when he was shot.
Speaker 1: Because he found out that his company was being investigated and sold off like a bunch of stoff.
Speaker 2: Fifteen million dollars to the tune of yeah, and it would have been less than two weeks before the news of the investigation went public. The stock price then dropped right after the revelation that the Department of Justice was going to investigate whether United Healthcare was making act positions that consolidated its market position and violation of the anti trust laws. So again no idea if that's any any connection to what happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Again, the news out this morning was that the AMMO was emblazoned with the words deny, defend, and depose, making it sound like this is somebody who out of beef with the insurance company. But again, they've released some surveillance videos of the suspect or a person of interest, and to me, the three images look like three different people. There was a report that the shooter was living with two other men at a hostel that has not been That has not been sussed out and figured out if that is accurate. But they say that the mayor says that they are close to an arrest that they're zeroing in.
Speaker 2: The Georgia Department of Public Safety says it caught a Tennessee State senator or du after a hit and run crash this week. According to a TV station there in Georgia, Senator Ken Yeger State Senator Ken Yeger out of Tennessee, drive it a Ford Edge show off and he was urinating on himself while doing the DUI test.
Speaker 1: Oh what better way to immediately fail? The immediate fail?
Speaker 2: Sir, I'm gonna have you just just stay there for just a second.
Speaker 1: I want you to walk like this.
Speaker 2: I want you to put your you know, your heel to your toe, heel to your toe, and just walk in a straight line. Just what, don't look at your feet. I just want you to look up. But you're gonna walk in a street, sir? Are you urinating on yourself?
Speaker 1: So wait, let me go through this alternative story. Okay, he gets pulled over, Sir, why are you driving so fast? I know I was driving fast. I gotta I gotta get home because I got to go to the bathroom. Yes, and to prove it, he peaes himself as a defense for speeding. The one that I think you could got away with is pooping your pants. Yeah, how do you do that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you call that one up, but but I could see how that would probably get you get you some time away.
Speaker 1: You think that that would fly that excuse. If you're an officer of the law and you've heard this excuse, well, you let us know that you pull someone over their speeding or whatever, and they use the excuse I had to go to the bathroom. I had to I had to go like I had to go to the bathroom, bathroom? Does that work? How does that manifest? What's the deal with that? Is it common? Other people come up with this stuff. I listen, there's no way for me to verify this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have heard from a traffic enforcement officer enthusiast that in fact, getting asking somebody to step out of the car after you know, I'd got to go to the bathroom, and sir, obviously something else is going on.
Speaker 1: So let's get out of the car and a little nugget of what yeah, falls out of the pant leg. Wait this happened. That's discussing. I said, you know what, just no way that did that? Did not happen? How does that fall out? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, maybe you're in space and you're not wearing your underpants the way that you should have.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're wearing like loose shorts and no underwear. I don't know, but I'm gonna give a pushback. You ken, you always questioned my story. I never once questioned any of your stories. Well, if if you saw this happen, I wouldn't question it. But I feel like it's a hearsay situation. It is a hearsay situation, but it's a great story, a nugget. I get caught up in the details, specifically because if you if you had to go, yeah, you drive home fast, right, and then you get pulled over and you get nervous and you lose control of stuff. Hey, coming up in swamp watch, I want to get into this peg Pete haig Seth story of him doubling down and saying, this is just a takedown, like this is crazy, you know, And they didn't even the whole the whole drinking story has now kind of been watered down to he may have shown up hungover or something.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't He's not going to be confirmed. He's not going to be confirmed.
Speaker 1: But it does sound like a classic takedown of just throwing everything and seeing what sticks. Well, but that's I mean, the Monterey assault didn't stick. The mother's email didn't stick. Now it's the drinking problem. Well that stick. Now that's turned into well, he was just hungover a couple times. And oh and by the way, there's a handful of people that worked with him for like fifteen years at Fox that were never contacted.
Speaker 2: Interesting, there was a story this week an altercation on a shuttle bus at lax. A woman was yelling at an Indian American family, saying that the father was harassing him. She had told apparently the kids to shut up. She then was recorded yelling at this family. Your family's from India. You have no respect. You think you could push everyone? Push, push, push, that's what you think you are. You guys are effing crazy. Apparently the woman in the clip says she had a brain injury, that there was a propane leak and explosion at a place that she owns in Mammoth Lakes, and that causes some behavioral issues sometimes, especially if she gets tired.
Speaker 1: So she's just a bad person. Here's one. Depends on the officer.
Speaker 2: But you would be surprised how many people use the I got to go to the bathroom as their defense, not only for speeding, but for weaving in and out of lanes. And yes, I've had people who have urinated and defecated on themselves and still gone to jail.
Speaker 1: I like that, Oh you got to sit in it.
Speaker 2: Cell phone number police officer in the LA area for over twenty.
Speaker 1: Six Well, you know, when I got arrested at Disneyland, I peed my pants a little bit. I was so scared, and I was wearing khakis. I can't believe that they allow you back into that place. I know, I think about it every time I go every year. Do you think that they're going to tap you on? They let me in for free, ma'am, ma'am. Yeah, we recognize you from thirty thounds. They pull up a picture of you from then with my soiled pants. Oh my gosh. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app.